Speaker 1: Welcome to the word of conspiracy.
Speaker 2: Step right.
Speaker 1: Wild, spots of freaky.
Speaker 3: You're all freaks.
Speaker 2: Step right up, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: Jeerus do the freak show.
Speaker 3: Freak.
Speaker 4: Keep me informed if you you know an Welcome back to another episode of Deplorable Nation. I'm your host, Deplorable Janna, and today, ladies and gents, we have a uber good show for you. Today it is going to be another side show attractions. It's the hairy oddities. And I am telling you, as long as I have been in the medical field, there are some of these I have never ever heard before. So I was like, whoa, that's weird and cool all at the same time. So don't get your panties in a twist, don't get your feelings in a bunch, because we're not making fun. We're just stating facts. We're going over a very unique diagnoses of people who actually were side show performers. So welcome back to my beautiful darling, intelligent, funny, beautiful bestie from the Westy. How are you darling?
Speaker 2: That rhyme's so good? That's actually great. I love it. I am great. I'm here to I'm here to hear all about it. Because let me tell you, my job on this is not just to study it, but right I bring the pictures worth a thousand words. This one was crazy, y'all.
Speaker 4: That was very crazy. I a lot of interesting things. When I made, like the artwork for the show, I'm like, ooh, and I think I was done, and I was like, oh, but here's here's really.
Speaker 2: Cool, right, I mean, some of them are seriously interesting and I don't want to give it away yet. And some of their stories I don't know. Did you delve into the life stories there?
Speaker 4: There was a couple that I was like, what in the world. But I'm gonna let you handle all of that stuff because there was one though that it plays into a conspiracy theory that's been going on a very long time.
Speaker 2: So maybe I don't know, there's strange. Well, I can start sharing why you chat if you want to? Should we do it that way? All right? I'll get this ready then.
Speaker 4: So I'm gonna read a little excerpt. Is this was crazy to me? It says while these performers became celebrities, they often lived in cages, metaphorical and sometimes literal ones. P. T. Barnum His empire thrived on sensationalism, often twisting these individuals into grotesque chriactures. Many were exhibited as missing links, ape men, or wild creatures, feeding society's obsession with strange and unnatural. Yet behind the fur, they were humans with rich inner lives, talents and dreams. And so Tee Barnum was famous for keeping these type of performers in cages. Especially when we get to Jojo the dog faced boy. He kept him in a cage, and he also made him act like a wild animal. And so the barking and the crazy behavior and the whole nine yards was used to, you know, sell more tickets because why not.
Speaker 2: Well, you know about JoJo's dad.
Speaker 4: Right, I did. I did find some stuff on him as.
Speaker 2: Well, so I won't ruin it here. I can actually find him and pull him up. It's so his story geez sad. Yeah, And you can go ahead with that story if you want while I'm finding that picture or so skip.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll go over the performers here in a little while.
Speaker 2: I want to.
Speaker 4: I want to go over like some of the conditions and the things that were like the most common to be performing in a side show. And so the the biggest one was trick omegaly, and it's excessive growth and thickening. That's the wrong one. Sorry, wrong note, that's a that's an odd one. Hypertrichosis, that's the main one. It's a rare condition characterized excessive hair growth all over the body or can be just in localized patches. And it says it's beyond what's considered normal for a person's age, sex, ethnicity. And this center syndrome is what generally people refer to as wear wolf syndrome because of the excessive hair can give affected individuals a wolf like or beastly apparents.
Speaker 2: This is a little photo. I think we have a slight delay, and you did cut out, so we just have to watch that. But I can't see you. So can you see these picks? Okay?
Speaker 4: I can?
Speaker 2: Okay? Cool. So you said you don't see my picture your picture?
Speaker 4: Yeah me over on the left hand side.
Speaker 2: I never can when I go into slide. Yeah, you're good. But I just wanted to pull this one up because you said that with a specific area on these and so look at these pictures. I think this might be what you're describing.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 2: Like it's just one area of the bottom which I mean, if I had a pick where to get the were wolf syndrome, the back is not the worst.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say this on this particular guy, it's kind of cool, right, it is kind of It kind of looks like, Yeah, it does look like a tattoo wrapped around from mid center of his chest, around his back and down down his left arm just below the elbow.
Speaker 2: Uh, it's wild. It even has like multiple colors to it. You can see like this one is white and then bleeds into the black. But he he has it. I definitely say he has it in the best place because this poor kid has it on his face and it's only on a part of your face, which I almost think is more disfiguring.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and this this slide that we're looking at, it looks like half of the boy's face is like a dog. It's got you know the real short for like a like a terrier type dog or whatever. But it goes in his eye and down to his upper lip and across his cheek.
Speaker 2: Looks like it causes quite a bit of toasis too, like it's pulling. Do you see that? Like that's so strange. Like his lip is definitely more like a like a stroke, victim's lip pulling down, which it must just be heavier. I mean, I don't know if it has to do with the hair or the muscle.
Speaker 4: So I don't know. And I wonder with this guy, especially if you are, like if you have any vision in that eye whatsoever? Because yeah, because this looks like it's covering the whole entire eye. It's a spell.
Speaker 2: Just sad, you know, like some of these. I only had very few pictures of the one you're describing where it just has like very minimal area, But this one was kind of wild. This one wouldn't be so bad. You could totally trim that.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say. It looks like a what do you call those mullet uh huh.
Speaker 2: He's got the mullet where.
Speaker 4: He's got a mullet grown up this spine.
Speaker 2: And for most people, for you guys out there that have seriously hairy backs. And I almost like drop my phone when I was looking at this. If it is a fine, downy hair, not like like the courser you know, secondary body hair. If it's that fine, downy hair, and then you've had it for most of your life, you have a part of this disease. And my ex husband, and I was telling my son, I said, you are so lucky that you are a boy because your dad gave you a Y chromosome and not an ex chromosome because they postulated travels on that one. And I said, you're lucky because you might add the full blown sitch if I had it. Who knows, you know, with my family line.
Speaker 4: Good lord, honey, can I break your back hair?
Speaker 2: This was serious and the only thing about it was it didn't bother me because it was that soft. It wasn't hard. But he tried to have it lasered, and he's a redhead, and unfortunately it is white like lenugo. It is purely white, and you can't laser white hair off. So y'all might have a little piece of this were Wolfina, You don't know.
Speaker 4: It's very possible. And there's some interesting now. That one's very interesting because like the middle of the back, all the way up both sides of the spine, is really dark hair, and then going out from there it's like less and uh gets lighter and lighter. So that's very interesting and must be the coloring in this picture, the way the lights shining on it. But it looks like it white. It looks like a green stripe down it.
Speaker 2: Right here, I see it.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, where it's thicker, where it's the thicker like level. Yeah, these these kids, some of them, you know, don't have it too bad like this one. I mean, I mean, it's still a lot okay, but like you can see his face, you know.
Speaker 4: And a lot of these look like it's possible that they're all from other countries. Yes, so I didn't know. I didn't look that up. But I wonder what the occurrence rate is from between here and there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll tell you there is a conspiracy with one that is true. It's I guess it's not a conspiracy if it's proven, but Spain currently has the most. But it's a skewed view because they accidentally here. Listen up, people about your freaking healthcare system. They sent philanthropists over to give these kids some I can't remember vitamin that was supposed to help them. I find this story a lie. I find this story as much of a lie as the Tuskegee Project. And why would they use children for this story? Because they are the perfect genetic people to run a blind study on. And I think this is what happened, and they gave these kids monoxidil on accident and it didn't ever go away. And we have a disproportionate amount of these children in Spain now with werewolf syndrome because they gave them monoxidil, like the hair growing kind.
Speaker 4: Well, And it's funny that you mentioned that, because several of the conditions that I looked up are actually you know, it'll say possible genetic mutation, blah blah blah, metabolic disease, cancer, but a lot of these are drug induced, yes, which I find super interest because you mentioned the monoxidil, and that's the first one I ran across. And then we have phenotoin, which is an anti convulsant, anti elliptic anti epileptic, which is widely prescribed for people, has been for uber long time, cyclosporins which are immunosuppressants. And then we have prostaglandins which are used for inflammation, pain, fever, blood clotting, smooth muscle contraction, GI protection, renal function. And then we have analogs which prevent stomach ulcers either induced labor or abortions in the second trimester, prevent postpartum hemorrhage, a rectile disfunction used in newborns with congenital heart defects, used to decrease interocular pressure in the eyeballs, used as a vasodilator, plate platelet aggregation, and pulmonary arterial hypertension. So that's a lot of stuff to be causing things like this. And they're like, oh, we don't really know exactly like what the mechanism is and why it would cause them to grow hair, but we're thinking it's because it stimulates the growth hormone that has to do with the hair follicles. And so they created all of these and I'll guarantee they did this on purpose for studies.
Speaker 2: To run their studies. Yep. And kids are the people I mean, because if you go and apply for a study, you guys, just so you know this, like if you have one thing basically wrong with you, you're out, Like if you have asthma, if you have whatever it is, you have to be perfectly healthy. And they would be able to follow that with these kids from pediatricians. So it would be super simple to do that. I mean, I'm not saying there's not cases of this, but overall I found I don't know what your numbers were, but one hundred and fifty total like period in all of the world right now, and that most of them, like over half were oops, sorry, we get from drugs monoxidville. What on earth?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like throking baby don't need roging, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I couldn't believe it. They were giving these kids it for acid reflux, I remember now, and so I was like, that is just awful, and.
Speaker 4: That's just an experimentation obviously, because monoxidil is definitely not for reflux.
Speaker 2: No, and they were like, oops, sorry, are bad, but it's also not given in the same like even like one's a pill and one's a liquid for babies, Like I don't understand how you mix that up, to be honest, but whatever. I'm a conspiracy theorist, so I mean, some things are conspiracy facts. Though when you look at Operation Sea Spray and the Tuskegee experiment and Operation uh, what's the one with the acid from the Grateful Dead Midnight Climax, all this stuff, they're real, Like, this is not a conspiracy. These are real things that happened, and the CIA had a cop to them later.
Speaker 4: So well, and like we had talked about on a previous show that we had done like purposeful contamination of like the Quaker oats or whatever with radiation that they were feeding children or all the all the people and the orphanages that they were testing HIV drugs on or hepatitis stuff on or whatever. And it's always done like in an orphanage because it's easier to not have anybody interfere that way.
Speaker 2: Yes, yep. And it's sad. I mean you're talking about some of these kids didn't have this go away, and right now we're in a realm that I'm showing you these pictures where it's not too terrible. Oh it's terrible, Like this first one is more of a full blown and it's it's sad like it's it's going to develop further around age eight, is what I found most of them reported. But this baby may or may not have the full blown because of the arms. I'm curious if that's just isolated or not, because it's so little. Still, that's that this little girl, this is like full blown. And part of me is always like, if you were a parent of these kids, okay, because this next picture, why are you not helping her? Clear? This up a bit. It's in her damn eye right and on her lip well.
Speaker 4: And that's the thing because especially with the hypertrichosis, which is the most common and like I said, can be full body or just present in areas like hers. It's on her face and she looks like a puppy for anybody that's not watching videos fully covered except lips and eyes. But they said there's no cure, and it depends on if it is. There's two types. There's a congenital and then there's one that's acquired, acquired by drugs and conditions and things like that. But if it is congenital, it's present from birth. It's extremely rare to have the congenital type. But it says that with the congenital usually they have the thicker, coarser, more wiry hair, and so they can't do a whole lot with it. But if it's acquired because it was drug induced or related to malnutrition or metabolic disorders things like that, then they may be able to reverse it or stop it. And that's usually the ones that have like the real fine soft hair.
Speaker 2: I did look up to what other I'm trying to nail it down on the countries but they said there is they won't list them correctly, but I will tell you the ones that I can find with just incidences. They wouldn't label like one, two, three, four, after Spain is Mexico, India, China, and then the Spain of course. Well, all of these pictures, with the exception of one that I'm going to show today, maybe possibly two, they were all non white people have some different nationality.
Speaker 4: Which is typically where they test medications and test vaccinations.
Speaker 2: Yes, and so that just to me is so sad because I mean, that's all severe and I think it's the same kid because it looks similar, like she looks like the same girl, but that mom needs to I mean, I just don't understand why you're not helping her nose like you need. If you don't want to do it for cosmetic reasons, I understand, but you have to make sure their nose holes are open.
Speaker 4: I was going to say this when this, when like one eye is completely like obliterated by this and the nose you cannot even see like the openings to the nostrils at all at all.
Speaker 2: And I'm I'm just saying, like there is a way to make that better. Because they show these people shaved occasionally and I don't I don't get it. Whatever. I don't know what that mom's doing trying to make a buck, maybe because it can be clipped down. It says. So, yeah, this one isn't too terrible, kind of like that other little boy. But we get into this and whoa.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and this one it's like the what is it? The was it the ponyface girl?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Ape girl, ape girl, That's what it was. And so some of these conditions, like I said, you know, medications and all that jazzy stuff affected, there's not much you can do, like we said, other than shave it. But imagine the social stigma that is attached to this and to people, especially the ones where it's literally like their whole entire face is covered like this.
Speaker 2: Girl and her arms, and like basically it's weird to me that it grows so much more on the face and not as much on the body. But also always in all of these photos there are multi colors of hair, like she's got like more of a dirty blonde ish hair, and then she's got this blonde hair on her face, but there's white spots too, Like this is not one it's like it got highlighted. You know, which is weird. I guess like a dog. I mean yeah, dogs, Yeah, dogs have multicas.
Speaker 4: Well, but would it shock you if like a parent had a child like this and was actually taken them to get like frosted tips or something.
Speaker 2: No, probably not. And sorry for this photo people, I hope we're doing a medical show here, so put your medical eyes on because there's titties, right, It just shows perfectly. These pictures come from medical journals, so you know.
Speaker 4: And this when what we're looking at there's a child standing up and it is literally like from their neck all the way down to their butt, and it looks like they have a vest.
Speaker 2: And it's harrier the higher you go, like it starts sparse and then it like really hairy to the.
Speaker 4: Top and that kind of blends into their head hair.
Speaker 2: And honestly, they're private areas and stuff. Even the boobies like they're not. I was actually surprised because do you know how many women have a ring of hair around their nipples. I know because I used to do how I used to help with breastfeeding. It's a lot and it's just hormonal regulation. So lady, you've ever gone through that and it went away. Don't fret, it's just your hormones. Don't worry about it. Shave it off, wax it off, and a lot of times it just falls out after your hormones regulate.
Speaker 4: So with this picture like the we told you what the back looks like and the front, like the hair is down a strip between the breast and underneath the breast is when it starts to get like hairy again.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like a guy with the seventies perfect chest hair, like where it goes down into the belly, straight into a line. If you guys know what I'm talking about. Back in the day, that was like your goal. I don't know, it's weird.
Speaker 4: But I don't think more.
Speaker 2: But you know, no, no, everybody shaves everything, and if you do that, please stop it. It's so awkward. Unless you have a situation like this, please do that. But if you're just like this top photo on the girl, I don't know, you know, it's whatever, like that's fine, but just don't.
Speaker 4: And I wonder like for these people, like if they do shave, I wonder if it grows back this same or different or different color or texture or what That would be interesting to know that I feel sorry for that kid.
Speaker 2: This kid has got but if he doesn't have it on his face, I would opt for this situation any day of the week. Then the ones on the face that we've seen because it is so devastating, like it is just and it's not just their face. It disfigures their face. Their noses are like the bridge is missing, and then they have an extra wide bottom part of their nose. Like there's other facial deformities, including their teeth, which we'll get into, but yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and this one is bad because literally it's a back view of the kid with no clothes on and the only thing that is not covered with hair are the palms of his.
Speaker 2: Hands, which they did say that's one place it doesn't grow for them. The lips, the elms, and the eyes. That was it.
Speaker 4: So that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, even inside their ears. But he doesn't have it on his face that bad, Like I still would take that almost any day of the week. Like, I mean, he looks like a kid with a full ass pubescent.
Speaker 4: Which is funny, as like as Harry as his back was, and then looking at the front view of his chest and his stomach, there's.
Speaker 2: No hair there nothing yep, and on the tops of his sighs either, and so I'm assuming maybe not on his growing area because there's not really any on his nipples either, So very strange.
Speaker 4: What is wrong with that child's eyeballs? Did they blow?
Speaker 2: I know, I think they might have blacked him out, yeah, because they were the medical journals. And then we already seen the mullet. This is interesting here, this is whow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is like another Like it's very strange because his hair from the top of his head looks like it's growing down halfway on his face because it like all matches. Yeah, and then he has a very hairy face and a very hairy body, but it's very patchy. He's got at the.
Speaker 2: Bald spots yeah, over again over the nipple area kind of like that chest area. I mean, he's hiding his nipple. But I'm just saying, seems like where it gets the private area kind of sparses out maybe and it doesn't look like the inside of his arm. Now I can't see it, but if you look at the line, I don't know if he has it on the inside of his arm. It looks like maybe not right through here, So who knows. But his face, Oh that's just rough. You know, when they get to these people and this is what happens to their teeth. Did you have stuff written down about their teeth? So they get this these horrible diseases of the gums and teeth, and a lot of times it will look like they're not going to come through, or it looks like they have two rows, but actually they come in like dog teeth or vampire.
Speaker 4: I was going to say that actually looks like, you know, like the Chinese statues. Yes, yeah, what the way the mouth is or whatever, that's what it looks like. I did see something, but it was related to again the drug, the drug causes or whatever, but it caused a hyper growth of the gums.
Speaker 2: That looks like that. Other one definitely looks like that, because look at how crazy this looks. That's got to be what you're what you're talking about, because that looks like extra extra extra gum tissue. For sure, it's wild, wildly fat like think of denture palettes, you guys, and like a person's mouth that stay there.
Speaker 4: That or or some of those even looks like it was dentures that were put in the mouth and then that it was like melted under high temperature or something and very misshaped.
Speaker 2: So it's called gingerble hyperplasia. Yeah, the overgrowth dental anomalies. Gingerble overgrowth in some cases can overgrow completely over the teeth, making them obscured, which is this top one. And so literally their teeth don't come out.
Speaker 4: So I would I wonder if they have if they have surgery to.
Speaker 2: I think I think this is what this is. I think this is the before and after of both of these cases because it came from medical journal and so they're trying to bring the teeth and pull them down or bring them out basically, and so yeah, but terrifying. I mean seriously, like if that were I mean, it's bad enough with the other stuff, but the teeth are just that's just so sad.
Speaker 4: And that just goes to show, like I said, with all the different drugs and what they're used for, and this is one of the side effects of those drugs along with the just crazy, crazy hair growth all over the place. Do you want to use the drugs?
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, right, And and this the horrible one, the worst one that we saw is actually characterized by the gen realized Ambras syndrome. The actual hereditary one. Well that's even scarier too, like I don't know it. And most of the time these people have no idea, like it's not like you knew about it. Most of the time. Some people do and have kids, but most of the time they have normal kids. All the rest of the kids are normal, and bam, you get one that's just yeah, mm hmmm, weird.
Speaker 4: It's crazy to me. So some of the famous performers that had the hypertrichosis was Julia Pastrna. She was one of the most famous people and she was the one that was like billed as bear woman or ape woman. She had the congenital type so no cure for that, and so that was the big draw for her, right. And then we all had Fador jeff Atwu, which is Jojo the dog Faced Boy. He was the one that they kept in a cage and made him act like a rabid dog. That was part of his theory is that was part of his side show persona right to sell more tickets. And then we also had a whole group that were called the Wolfman Sideshow Acts because they were different performers that all had the same the hypertrichosis, but all had varying forms of it, and so that's why they were dubbed the were wolfmen or wild men.
Speaker 2: I would do exactly what I was told too, because they shot his dad right in front of him. That is, they were literally trying to capture them out of a cave. Probably because it didn't say why they were in a cave living, but I'm assuming it's I could think, you're chaste them out, you know, and they were naked and stuff, like they were literally living wild people. And so he sees this at like four years old, and so I'm sure he did whatever they told him to do. And he probably didn't care about living in a cage either, because he's probably terrified, which is sad.
Speaker 4: So you know, this sad thing is when I was going through this as that a lot of these performers that were in the side show, they were anywhere from I mean there were all children. Some of them were even four months old, so it was four months old up to like nine years old. When they have them start performing and putting them in cages and all of that kind of stuff. Can you imagine how traumatizing that would be as a child that you're that's your life, that your parents.
Speaker 2: It's just yeah, here you go, like four months old.
Speaker 4: Or or is it possible that maybe the side shows took some of these kids from their parents.
Speaker 2: What really makes you wonder? And they did say this guy, in particular, this Jojo guy, that he never married, he never had children. I don't even want to speculate what they may have done to him, but they did say he was extremely modest, he learned, he was extremely smart, He learned five different languages, and he was like really gentlemanly.
Speaker 4: So yeah, and that's that's a terrible thing to like have to go through that for, you know, for all the reasons that come along with that and the attachment with it. But like JoJo's dad, like you said, he also had the same condition.
Speaker 2: This is Jojo and his dad right here. This is the only picture I think available. But they said he was living in a cave in all wild But look, he's just like this fancy Like I don't get it.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, and you gotta wonder, like back in the day, like how much of this story was sensationalized just for whatever.
Speaker 2: This guy was one of the few that I saw that was extremely blonde, Lionel, the lion faced man, and so he's really blonde.
Speaker 4: There's a There is a lady that had the same kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Oh it's gonna come.
Speaker 4: Her name was Corral for Rainie, I believe, and she was considered. Uh oh no, that's not her. That's a different one. There's so many of them, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: See, there's a lot, and these older ones like this one's called the Sacred Family of Burma. These older ones I think were more obviously natural, Like we're talking eighteen hundreds and before, so you know, I think these just happened or whatever. But yeah, this is a lady. This is one of the I mean, I know she doesn't look like a lady, but she is.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, she does not look like a lady whatsoever. She looks like a dude.
Speaker 2: Yep. And I think this is the one you were saying.
Speaker 4: Yep, she's the She was the most famous, uh as far as the performers with the hyper hypertrichosis and the side ladies go.
Speaker 2: I think she had if she's the one I remember correctly, and I'll make sure why we talk along, but I think she was one that married her handler basically and was abused super bad, and Jojo drank himself to death and they say he died of pneumonia, but he was only thirty six, and I'm sure he did die of pneumonia. He probably got drunk and aspirated and died well.
Speaker 4: And this particular lady, it says that she was a wife, she was a mother, but after she died, her husband exhibited her body long after her death, and then they said it took a hundred and fifty years to actually bury her where she belonged.
Speaker 2: Wow, to return her into a regular burial.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they just displayed her for like ever and.
Speaker 2: Ever dead lady. Yeah, as a freaking dead lady's side show, Like how wonderful is that?
Speaker 4: That's like all right, Well it goes to show if if her husband abused her and all of that stuff, he was still abusing her corpse after her passing. So yeah, that's just isn't that nice?
Speaker 2: This lady? You know, this is a painting, I think, but it's still pretty interesting to see that again on the face, a ton on the shoulders and breasts. Nothing so very strange. And I think it was kind of royal maybe I remember since.
Speaker 4: They were talking about like especially the drug use and whatever, and so I ask him, like, well, how do these drugs cause this to happen? And that's when they were guesstimating, right, that it has something to do with stimulating a growth hormone that affects the hair follicles and whatever. Maybe the face is more sensitive to that because the head is very vascular. So I'm gonna guess and say that's probably why, like the face is affected thicker and more so than a lot of times the rest of the body.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, this lady also had a sad story, almost the same damn story. Her dude became her, her guy like that married her and she became a mother and he just abused her and exhibited her and made money off her. So same thing, same situation, different lady, sad.
Speaker 4: So I'm assuming they probably didn't have like a whole lot of choice in the matter in these situations.
Speaker 2: That's my guess too. It's sad some of them definitely stayed out of like the whole situation if they could. But a lot of these families, I think, like this family says he's from China and his name's tai Jin, and they said it was deemed a curse that he came out like this, So yeah, they're not going to want to, you know, have him around. I mean probably freaking their fault anyway, which is just sad. You know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this this one is the one that has an uber interesting story.
Speaker 2: I can't wait.
Speaker 4: Well it's a very short piece, but it's I was like, oh, well, that makes complete and total sense that they would be using this.
Speaker 2: Oh wow. Yeah, her name is k I think kraw or Crow. They call her the missing link and yeah, she.
Speaker 4: She was the quote link between humans and apes, and believe it or not, she was promoted as evidence for Darwin's theory of evolution because they said that this lady here came from an ape and so we came from apes and that was his quote unquote proof for the theory of evolution. Wow, And that's why they started sticking that in all of the textbooks and stuff like that at schools.
Speaker 2: And she's not harry on her body at all. It's just no, she looks like a more bearded lady than anything.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say. She's got a beard and a nice mustache.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this one though, a girl.
Speaker 4: That poor little girl, she looks like she almost looks like a chipmunk.
Speaker 2: She's cute, like a gerbil or something, right, And her name is Alice Elizabeth Doherty, and she has this normal hair that's like looks like maybe a dirty blonde, and her face hair is extremely albino white and soft, like a teddy She looks like a teddy bear kind of. And they called her she was actually one of the white ones that I found, and that was extremely rare. I think she's from Minnesota, and they had a specific name for her. I'll look it up. But it was like her family did make money off of her, but I felt like they were better with her than most. They kept her home and they would rent out places, and they would you know, show her like in a store window or whatever. And yeah, that's still making money off her, but like people got to eat, and I'm sure her stuff was a situation in general, but they seemed to be more pious and religious and they did never let her join any kind of anything like that. No carnivals. She's just extremely well Victorian dresses like she she looks nice, you know, I mean, so none of her family.
Speaker 4: Must have had some money.
Speaker 2: Well I think they were actually you using the money that they made off of her, which I mean, I get is also bad, but like, at the same time, what are you gonna do? I mean, you know, and people then what you can do? Well? The neighbors even say you don't want to make money off your kid this way, and you're like, oh, that's exposing them. But then everybody knows you got this kid at home, and they're constantly like you hear what they've got in their house. They've got a lion faced girl or whatever, And then you know, it's just gonna become a problem. She's considered the Minnesota wooly girl. That's what they named her.
Speaker 4: So there was one her name was mari It was Marie Una syndrome, and it was hereditary trick andosis. But it made her hair come out like Boar's hair. Oh, it was very thick and very wiry and stuff. So that's a uber interesting spin on the same kind of diagnosis as these This person that the same girl when she looks, she looks like she's the only thing you can see on her face in this picture now is just her eyeballs.
Speaker 2: It's so much it's like the dance yeah, oh yeah, that is a good way to explain that this one.
Speaker 4: This picture looks like Chewbacca because that's that's literally the only thing you can see is her eyes.
Speaker 2: That and this one is the story of how she, you know, was just born to regular parents in eighteen eighty seven, so I'm assuming, I mean, I'm guessing no drug interference at that point. I'm not sure the kids that were born to her parents otherwise were normal. Nobody else had this. But they did start exhibiting her at the age of two, and I bet you money they just got to a point where they were sick of it and they were like, you know what, We'll just show people that she's a normal, nice girl. I bet anything that they were like trying to hide her and then it didn't work out.
Speaker 4: So but and is this her like her at adulthood?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm yep. And I think, you know, I got to look up why she died early, But she died early as well. It seems like they all die from the thirties forties. Yep.
Speaker 4: Almost everyone I've I seen has has died or early.
Speaker 2: I'm wondering why they die so early. But yeah, she died oh again, bronchial pneumonia forty six, So strange. I don't know. And she was married and I believe I think she even had kids. So but she I tried to find other pictures of her without her face hair, like because they can shave it, and I don't think she ever did. I don't. I can't find any without facial hair other than when she's younger and you can kind of see her face and she actually looks pretty cute, you know, which is sad. But I mean, obviously she was able to go forward and live her life. Seems like her family actually cared about her.
Speaker 4: So that's sad, very very sad.
Speaker 2: This is a different one. This is uh, I think more considered just to be a bearded lady. So uh, and then we can talk about you know what that means this girl as well.
Speaker 4: There was some Annie j Owes and Josephine Coofulia were the famous bearded ladies. And that is from a separate condition called hertuism. So it is male pattern hair growth of the face, chest or back and females that typically caused by excess androgen levels. And this can come from polycystic ovarian disease. So the ladies that I have seen here in town that have a beard I'm assuming it's probably from that, but also can come from adrenal tumors congenital adrenal hyperplasia, so it's a another form or similarly related, I should say, to the to the hypertu crosis, but this is more hormone driven.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, yeah, not quite as bad. I mean, this girl looks like a mix of the two, honestly, because of the arms. I'm not sure which syndrome she has, but it looks like it's a little more extensive. Whereas this bearded lady, she just looks like she's got a shit ton of hair. Man. You know, in general, her hair goes down to the floor. You guys like her natural hair on her head and have.
Speaker 4: A nice head of hair. And she also has a very nice beard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's got a definite big beard here. This is like, is that Are you sure that's a lady?
Speaker 4: The very strong Yeah.
Speaker 2: And the facial features on these bearded ladies are a little masculine. I'm this man, Oh, it's kind of excessively masculine, you know, but this lady's not. I bet this lady just had pcos. I don't know for sure, but if I were a guessing woman. She looks very feminine and a little bit overweight.
Speaker 5: Which is very classic of polycystico berried syndrome on tree absolutely same same lady. So I mean, she looks like she probably was quite pretty if she would have just shaved it. But I'm sure you could probably tell by three o'clock, so maybe she just gave them lively. Yeah, this one's not so bad. She's got a Brigham Young beard.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, it's funny you said that, because that was the first thing that popped into my head.
Speaker 2: Janet's been talking to me too long now she also thinks of Brigham Young. Oh boy. And I have to tell you, guys, there's a wide prevalence of this situation for the polygamists. And I know this is rude, but I'm telling you. I told that story last time, but there is They must have a lot of untreated hormonal issues out there. They don't really go to the doctor. So I mean, I could see it. Lady. I think you said she was one of the most popular. She still looks manly, like, look at her face.
Speaker 4: She does look very manly, but with an excess of androgen. I could understand, like, because the you know, testosterone and the male hormones are raging.
Speaker 2: And so not only is.
Speaker 4: She getting the beautiful beard and mustache and sideburns, but she's also got the male face characteristic. Yes, like to take those in the whole nine yards.
Speaker 2: It looks like a dude in drag. And I just don't know what else to say about that, Like, not like this lady. This lady looks pcos. Again, here's the difference. Guys pcos usually a little bit chubbier, still extremely feminine, quite pretty, has this beard. So it's weird. Yeah, I don't know. I know my first trip and that's it for me and the photos. My first trip would be straight to the laser person at this point, which is what they do.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that's that's some crazy business. I don't.
Speaker 2: Heard like Grigham, I die.
Speaker 4: I shaved my beard, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: I mean we all got look. Me and Janet are near to the same age. We might have a hair or two that is very.
Speaker 4: Different, yes, and that that literally comes with hormones and aging. You'll get little wiry hairs here and there part of it. So you had mentioned earlier that the Ambrase syndrome and so for people that have never heard of that because I had never heard of it either. It's a rare, congenital form of the hypertrichosis, and it's characterized by very extensive, very fine hair growth covering large parts of the body, including the face. But it's generally like the soft kind of fur hair.
Speaker 2: I said, fur sounds like, no, it actually I think it's a good Okay, So the wooly girl is an example of what Janet's talking about, the wooly hair girl. And and they call it lenugo on the face, which is more like a fur like it's soft. I mean, honestly, if we're explaining this to somebody that's not seeing this, it's honestly not a terrible way to describe it.
Speaker 4: It's not like the hair on your legs after you have shaved, or.
Speaker 2: Like a doodle. It's like a doodle, yeah, because there's hair soft, but it's long. It's not that wiry, weird or like thick Doberman hair. It's like this soft poodle doodle, you know, the mixed ones.
Speaker 4: Who poodle doodle's wooldoodle.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So first, okay, I feel I don't know, I mean, definitely still sad.
Speaker 4: Calling me a poodle I get, and we're.
Speaker 2: Definitely just trying to explain.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, one hundred and so along with this ubersoft facial hair that they have, they unfortunately also get facial dysmorphia a lot of times, and so their facial figures will distort in distinctive ways. And it's it talks about them having like very prominent eyebrows and so if you ever seen anybody with like the shelf bone that comes out or their eyebrowsers, they get that, and sometimes they get kind of like a triangular shaped face.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's why some of those people leave their hair on. Maybe they're covering up maybe facial deformity maybe.
Speaker 4: And that's the thing is that the deformities don't happen anywhere else other than the face, and so it says that they can be like very prominent or pronounced like bone structure and things like that. And this was very weird because the Ombres disease itself was actually named after the Ombras Castle in Austria because they are one of them that had showed showed the first man that they had ever seen with distinctive facial hair, and so they were the first place on Earth where they had one of these hairy oddities and so that's they named it after this castle because okay, so very person was discovered.
Speaker 2: So he would be then probably why in that area, and that was the first one ever. So I wonder if this was like a royal bloodline intermixing, you know, too close, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Wonders very strange medics for in breeding purposes because that mutations do happen during that, and so it was very entirely possible.
Speaker 2: And that's what the polygamists do because they believe they have the divine right to rule, So just like the kings, they keep their blood lines between each other. And we see it a lot with that, so that makes sense to me.
Speaker 4: So very strange. But these these hairy performers that were in the side shows, that is how they made exceptional livings, along with being displayed in royalty castles, right, they did a lot of that where they put to to ease on display. But there's also movies and documentaries about this. We mentioned this movie the last Shoh, but it was called Freaks and it was banded in ooh several countries because it wasn't appropriate for a lot of people. They also have one called The Fur People.
Speaker 2: I could have picked a better title, and maybe right, I'm just saying.
Speaker 4: There was actually a documentary made about Julia Pastrona, and they actually have multiple versions of that. They have The wolf Man, which was made in twenty ten, so that's a little bit newer one. And then they don't have anything specific on the Ambrose type syndrome people, but you know, no.
Speaker 2: Sad, sad, sad. And for cures for polycystic ovarian we do have options there at least, I mean this other it's just deal with it. If it's light, if it's dark, you might be able to laser it off or shape it's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and if you have the congenital type, you're always going to have it and it's going to keep growing no matter what. So hopefully you get the hereditary or the non hereditary one that's just the acquired so that they can figure out what's causing it and put a stop to it.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: So those were the the ambrose and the hypertrichosis were the most famous diagnosis as far as hairy oddities. But I thought I would throw these in because these are very interesting and I have never in my life seen anybody except with hurtoism. I have seen that before, but these are weird and I've never heard of them, and I thought they were cool, so that's why I want to go over these. So they have a trickle megally and it is an excessive growth and thickening only the eyelashes, and I was like, huh, never seen this, but it says it's usually congenital and something from Oliver McFarlane syndrome. Don't know what that is at all, but they said again could also be acquired from drugs like the prostaglandoons or the analogs, could be from autoimmune stuff or HIV infection, So if you have HIV infection, your eyelashes may grow very things.
Speaker 2: Weird.
Speaker 4: So a lot of ladies, I'm sure would not protest too much to have thicker, fuller eyelashes, but I guess it's like a lot so it may look like spider nesting on your eyeballs. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I looked it up just to see it does say they have like a really bad risk of blepharitis with it, because I mean that makes sense, so yeah, which is a bummer.
Speaker 4: So interesting. I don't know why they call that a problem, but okay, ok So, then we talked about their hurtuism with the bearded lady syndrome and the whatever. This one is very strange. It's Pilly multigemini and it is a rare condition where multiple hair chafts grow out of a single follicle. So they appear to be tufts of hair, and they're very difficult to remove by normal plucking. It's an abnormal development or mutation in the hair follicle. And so if you see somebody that has tufts growing out of them, how do you explain that, Like it looks like a tassel or something. Yeah, I don't know what that is, but it's literally like thick tufts of hair that grow out of certain parts of er body randomly. So that's interesting. Never ever heard of that one. And then they have Tricko stace tricostasis spinulosa, and it is clusters of very fine hairs that are trapped in keratin plugs. And so people will think that these are blackheads or dark spots, but it is actually like a very fine clump of hair growing underneath the.
Speaker 2: Skin, oh under the skin the skin, and.
Speaker 4: So some people have mistaken them for like age spots. Or whatever on people. But they're not. It's actually hair growing wow, spiraling in.
Speaker 2: A Oh I wonder if they have.
Speaker 4: To stunneling under the skin. So, oh my gosh, what you think is a blackhead and you go to pop it with a comedal extractor. Not always, it could be a surprise hair bear.
Speaker 2: Okay, that brings a whole new level to ingram hair. Well, if a tuft came out, that's insane. Oh boy.
Speaker 4: So then there is a pilly torti, which is hair shafts grow twisted along their axis, making them appear wiry and irregular. And this usually comes from conditions called Minky's disease, which is a copper metabolism disorder. So I don't know what this looks like. Never heard of it, never seen it. And I worked somewhere that was a teaching hospital and we saw a lot of weird stuff. You never seen this.
Speaker 2: Never heard of it. Minky's disease. I've not heard of that either ever.
Speaker 4: And this one is tricorro hexus nodoso and it's weak points forming along the hairshaft. This one is really cool. It causes the hair to look frayed or bamboo like. Oh, so people that have excessive hair growth in different places. It could appear patchy or broken, but continues to grow abnormally and so it literally looks like you're growing a bamboo forest. Oh, I've never seen this one either.
Speaker 2: What's that one called?
Speaker 4: This one is called trick. Oh it's t R I C H O R r H E X I s oh no do so so it's n O D let's sa A.
Speaker 2: I'm checking it out, you guys, I have I have to look this up because I'm super I.
Speaker 4: Was like, I was like them boo type hair. Never seen that either, But that's that's very interesting and I don't really know what causes that to happen.
Speaker 2: So strange, but yeah, it does really look really thick and straight, like, yeah, it's a little strange. It kind of looks like somebody broke your hair off after getting it dyed, which is kind of sad. But yeah, that's an interesting one. I've never heard of half of these. Nope, I do have one that I could tell about, and it's because my grandson has it and we had no idea what it was. We just thought it was cute. He came out and he is fairly blonde. Now, for those that don't know, my husband is a redhead and his kids have kind of like a dirty blonde haired mom, pretty much like me. And it's called poleosis circumscripta, which is commonly referred to as white forelock, and it means that they have a little patch of white hair due to the reduction of absence of melanin in the hair follicle. And so he literally has this hair that's like reddish strawberry, very light blonde, and then he has one white spot right in the front and it's totally different hair. It's like a different texture everything. And I know it comes from my husband because then my little niece was born or yeah, I guess she's Yeah, she's my niece and they have a mixed race couple, so you would think it would come out dark. She has the same spot.
Speaker 4: I remember going to school with somebody that had that same thing, and it was like like his hair was kind of like the more coarse type hair anyway, and then that spot was like uber soft. It was like, yeah, different than the rest of his different texture.
Speaker 2: It's way different, and it grows different, like it's longer. I mean the rest of his hairs the s wispy baby hair, but not that hair. It's a little bit thicker, so I mean strange. It was even funnier. They were born a month apart, and she popped out first with this little hair patch, and then he popped out with the little hair patch. So it's cute to us. I'm sure he might hate it later when he's older, but.
Speaker 4: You know, well, of course, of course.
Speaker 2: Anything different, you know, maybe he'll love it. You know, who knows. But it's more indicative of people with fit aligo, which is a different day, and we will be talking about that later.
Speaker 4: Yes, ma'am. So do you have anything else on the hairy oddities, my dear.
Speaker 2: The hairy oddities have been very odd, indeed, but I do not, and it's been super fun. I think that I did look up, you know, of course, with alopecia, but I think that's gone mainstream enough that I didn't include it because I thought, well, we did opposites for everything, But I just think that one's known, well, it was so well known at this point. It's that of hair, yeah, including eyebrows, and if you haven't seen that, but I mean, I'm telling you the education.
Speaker 4: Like that that literally it was a kid, and he started losing the hair on his head, and then his eyebrows, and then his eyelashes and literally everything.
Speaker 2: Wow, all the hair was gone. I'm telling you, though, have you seen those glue on? They're not glue on, they're like the disappearing tattoo eyebrows. Those, my friend, are almost worth shaving your eyebrows off. They're so nice. I'm like, what on earth? Like? These are not like tattooed ones. They're not silly. They look good. I mean, they've come a long way, That's all I gotta say about.
Speaker 4: Hey, maybe they can get those to go along with the excessively thick, lushy lash thing.
Speaker 2: Hey you can glue that on. I'm telling you, the alopecia people probably are Okay, they got weaves that you can get, like the full on glue, Like I guess it would just be a wig. But everything looks really good now, I mean, honestly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like not like back in the day when you had to draw everything on and stuff.
Speaker 2: I mean, drawing is okay if you're filling in sparse pieces. When you have to do the whole thing, I don't know. I have a hard enough time filling in my little hypothyroid eye eyebrows as it is. So those of you that don't know hyperthyroidism, you're gonna lose those eyebrows. Not the whole way, but they're gonna get a little silly, real great. But I can't complain. I did have my doctor check. I'll tell this part. I did that last week. And I am still cancer free after many many years. And my type of thyroid cancer is very much reoccurring. In fact, me and my cousin were diagnosed the same time and he did get it again and I have not. Yeah, they also stopped drinking tapwater. I started like doing a whole bunch of changes with like my diet and you know, all all kinds of things and going to the gym. And I really think, I mean, I know that sounds crazy about we don't just do like a brit of filter. We do reverse osmosis at this point. So and I will tell people I told my son for years and years quit drinking that fridge water because it's like filtered, but not really, it's just like a little filter. And he's in puberty. Now, do I think that's going to kill you? If you're out of puberty? No, but if you're going through puberty, I think you probably should have reverse osmosis water because they can't filter out the birth control hormones that go into the toilet and they're giving you back your toilet water now, which is everywhere. Just so utah just passed that that they are doing that. And at the same time, my fridge water broke my ice maker thing, and so my son had to start drinking our water that we buy and he's like, stupid water. I hate this water. But and it takes some time to get used to it tastes different. And he like looked at me a couple months later and he's like, I think I'm losing weight and like my hair pattern is better. I'm like, ah, estrogen is in the water. I told you, I took you. I said, you know, he looked a little swollen in this area if you get my drift. And I used to tell him quit drinking that, just stop it, and people say all the time it doesn't matter, Well, clearly it does.
Speaker 4: So oh there's so much stuff in the water now that it is literally insane. So with that being said, at any moment, we could come back on here and be the bearded ladies or the werewolf ladies. You never know, because anything can happen. They're spraying us, they're feeding us things, they're putting it in our water. So who knows.
Speaker 2: You're more right than you think because they're trying to pass things about our beef and stuff and farms right now, that is pretty scary. You guys should probably look that up. But yeah, we hope not. We will continue to hope not, hope not.
Speaker 4: But if I do happen to wind up with that, give me a pat on the head, scratch me on the tummy, and I'll be good for the day.
Speaker 2: And I'm going straight to get laser so the farmers.
Speaker 4: So, my wonderful bestie, I love you so much. Thank you for joining me again. Where can people fit you at?
Speaker 2: I am Heidi Love, I'm the Unfiltered Rice Podcast. I'm everwhere podcasts served. I do have my own website and all my podcasts send straight to there. It's embedded. I'm filtered ricepodcast dot com. If you hate podchaster podchasers, go to that. And also we are doing this on my patreons, so you probably already are subscribed, But if you're not, and it happens to be on the main feed, Miss Janet. Where can they find you?
Speaker 4: They can find Deplorable Nation podcast on every podcast platform and on Rumble. If you want to link up for a show, you have questions, you have thoughts, you can find me on Instagram at deplorable Janet. You can find me on x or Twitter at no Janet k in ow.
Speaker 2: Awesome. So the next one? So are we going to tease? Should we tease the next one real fast before we hang it up? Hm? We know what it's gonna be yet, it's gonna be Carnee stuff.
Speaker 4: Still, it is definitely gonna be Carney stuff. We could literally do Carney stuff for months. There's so much. It is like so cool to read about these things.
Speaker 2: Just leave us a comment and then in the comment section and let us know if you're digging this, let us know if this is the direction you want us to stay on, and then you know, we'll keep going for our planned ones. And then you guys, let us know if you want us to continue or to mix it up a little. So exactly spooky season, I definitely think we will do some spooky season diseases.
Speaker 4: We're gonna do some spooky season stuff. So for me, and for the lovely, beautiful and talented as Heidi. Thanks for tuning in and we'll see you next time. Have a good win