Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI Am six forty.
Speaker 2: Thanks Later with moo Kelly.
Speaker 3: We're live on YouTube, Instagram, and the iHeartRadio app and this Tuesday evening at nine o'clock.
Speaker 2: So you know what that means. That means that Nick Polio Channy joins us in studio.
Speaker 3: You can see him right now on our YouTube and Instagram lives. Nick.
Speaker 2: What the hell is up? How you being?
Speaker 4: Oh dude, I've been amazing. It has been crazy.
Speaker 5: I had Savannah Bananas last week with Disney and so much going on, and then here we are in Pride month. As you can see if you're following us on YouTube, mister Mokelly, I've got my Disney Pride gear on, and yes, if you like it or not, you're gonna hear about it all month long because there's stuff that's going on all month. So but first of all, I want to jump into what's going on, and this is specifically for the Lovely Lady to my right, Hernsha, because this is something she's very excited about. But it's something that both MO and I have done in the past, but it's been quite some time. The bet experience is happening and taking over downtown La Thursday through Sunday this week. So if it's something that you're looking forward to, if there's some I show you enjoy on be Et, if there's a personality from it, it's all going down. And the best part is I'm starting out with something that's free ninety nine. All you have to do is log onto beet dot com and look for the BET Experience link and then you sign up and you're able to enjoy fan Fest all well Thursday through Sunday, but specifically Saturday and Sunday are gonna be the busiest time periods with the most interactions with music, guests and TV shows and everything else. So it's a lot of fun and it's something that is unique, and I love that it always seems to come back to La year after year, so I think that that's a big thing for me music wise, talent wise, very much a big part of the Southland, So I mean that's for me. I love it. I think it's a good time. I think it's worth everybody going and checking out. So we're gonna try to get Carnesia there. I know that's I was literally walking her through all like, here's the contacts, here's the media people.
Speaker 4: We're gonna make this happen.
Speaker 2: I have no desire to be there, but you know, knock yourself out there.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 5: And I also, yeah, I was gonna say, but I would love if Carnesia became a junior you'r a field reporter, and then she can roll along with me to some of the events that I cant.
Speaker 2: Take her under your I will.
Speaker 5: I absolutely will, one hundred and ten percent. The problem is I'm already spoken for this weekend or else I would totally jump on it. But yeah, it's a good time. I can't complain what else you got? I got the Skirball Cultural Center. So if you're familiar with Skirball Cultural Center, it's kind of in the akin to Getty Center and everything. It's over on that side of town. But it's specifically beginning late night at the Skirballs. So nobody puts baby in the corner. And their opening night event is happening this Friday, and it's gonna be dirty dancing as the featured film. But it's one of those moments where well it says the Santa Monica Mountains transform into the cat Skills so if you're familiar with Dirty Dancing exactly, so nobody puts baby in the corner, but everything is retro inspired for this Friday Night event starts at six o'clock till ten thirty, and it is fifties and sixties. Resort ware is encouraged, So if you need to do a little bit of homework, check out Dirty Dancing on YouTube and you too can live your Patrick Swayze dreams here in sol in southern California. Also, we've got in the Exhibition Park area, so north National History Museum for La County. If you've not been there, I've talked about it many, many times. This is where they have both the Butterfly Pavilion, which then feeds the Spider Pavilion when we get a little closer to my birthday for Halloween. But National History Museum is really worthwhile. And then this is First Friday's twenty twenty five amplified, so it's going to be live DJs. The have I'm not sure. I mean, I'm familiar with what a sound bath is. I don't specifically know what this one is, but that's usually when you would go in and it's meditative and you've got music, and you've got drums and bells and all the fun and gongs. But the event theme is going to beat music and the mind. What does listening to music do to your mind and well being? What has changed in the way we listen to music and what does it mean for society? And what are the social and personal benefits of listening to music. It is very music heavy and there will be all sorts of DJs, cocktails, soundbads, you name it. All the details can be found at NHM dot org, National History Museum dot org, or you can check out the Lincoln bio at Nick pouliyo'cheeo this weekend with Nick on social media.
Speaker 4: So, but the thing I want to talk.
Speaker 5: About and I'm going to do it a little bit early because I want to encourage you and I've talked about this with all the Disneyland after Dark events. So Disneyland after Dark this year is going to be in the It's going to be odd, a little bit odd because usually they do their after dark events on Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. For this one, it's going to be a Monday and a Wednesday. So I'm glad because normally I would have to have somebody sub in for me on a Tuesday, but I get to be here with you, so that's always a good thing we appreciate. So I'll actually be coming straight from that event because I will be live at Disneyland after Dark Pride Nights both on Monday the sixteenth of June and Wednesday to eighteenth of June. Now, whether you're part of this community or not, I want you to go, and this is why, because we've talked about it and we'll talk about again. All the attractions are open, all the walk all the wait times are walk on. So even if you're not specifically there for the alphabet to be a part of the Alphabet Mafia or a supporter of it, you can go and really for one hundred and sixty nine dollars, which is not cheap, but you can get walk onto all the attraction.
Speaker 4: You really called it the alphabet bomb.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Alphabet Mafia LGBTQ I A plus no, because that's the way, because it's always you know, you want something. Everybody wants to have a cool name and going through nine letters. Get now, Stephan, I love you.
Speaker 2: I thought no, I thought it was a real thing.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I mean, it is a real thing, but it comes from LGBTQ. I A plush, sweet, innocent boy. I know everybody, how how pretty is Stephan?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 5: And I see a lot of people in the chat right now that are talking about Magic key Holders. H There is actually special activations at the events any of the Disneyland after Dark. If you're a Magic key Holder, which is the title given to annual pass holders now at the Disneyland Resort, you can get a lot of extra swag and they usually have extra photo ops. You get character interactions exclusively for you. So if that's something that you're into, definitely give or worth checking out. But I will be there. And the thing I love it's parades, it's music, it's community, it's camaraderie. But it's also seeing Disney in a very different light. And I think it's because there's a good amount of Alphabet Mafia members that are cast members at the Disneyland Resort. So this is something that has only been happening a last few years and it's something that's brand new and was really earth changing, earth shattering when it comes to the world of Disney because there's a lot of lgbtqia plus representation behind the scenes backstage, but this was able to bring them front and center and really give them an opportunity to shine and celebrate diversity and what makes those cast members and the Disneyland resort as part of the Walt Disney Company so specifically unique. So if you got it, it's well worth it to check it out. And if you go, I definitely want you to find me and take some pictures and snap that. You can always find out my location pretty quickly by following Nick pollio'channey this week of a nick on social media, because I usually try my best to keep up as quickly as I possibly can. But it's a good time. It's well worth it. And we're in June, which is Pride month, and it's crazy to think that we're already halfway through the year already. It's I mean, I hate to be that, like, sorry, this year is already felt like forty five months, right, That's what I'm saying. So that's for me because I don't want to be the usual news anchor like, oh my gosh, can you believe it's all wow? But really it, like you said, it feels like we lived through forty five years in six months, so it's both Wow it's June and wow it's June.
Speaker 4: It's June.
Speaker 5: But there's a lot going on this month and I've got a lot more to fill you in on.
Speaker 3: It's Later with mo Kelly. We have Nick Pollyochany joining us in studio. He's telling us what he's up to these days and maybe you can join him. You can find him this week at this weekend.
Speaker 5: This week, I'm a Nick on social media also Nick pollio'channy. One leads to the other. So you can't get the last name easily. If you aren't pulling it straight off of the chat from YouTube, will shame on you because you need to check out mister m kelly and experience YouTube and experience this show specifically like no other show here on KFI can be experienced.
Speaker 2: Hang out with the mo migos in Motown.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with mo Kelly on demand from KFI A M six forty, What's Up?
Speaker 2: What's Key? KFY is Later with mo Kelly. We're still live on YouTube.
Speaker 3: Make sure that you sign up at mister mo Kelly, subscribe and like, or you can check us out on Instagram. You can subscribe and like at mister Kelly Nick Pelo, can you take it away?
Speaker 4: Yes? What is it?
Speaker 5: Don't forget to follow like and subscribe, follow like and subscribe that to all the things, make sure you got them all This weekend this past weekend, if you were familiar, it was West Hollywood Pride, so that means Santa Monka Boulevard if you're heading through West Hollywood. That was shut down and it was a new entity, if you will. So I'm going to talk about what's coming up this weekend, which is the fifty fifth annual LA Pride Parade and Festival in Hollywood. West Hollywood a few years ago split off and started doing their own thing when LA officially moved their celebration with Christopher Tree West to Hollywood Boulevard. So the reason that I bring this up, it's free ninety nine is a great way to be out and about in the community and the diversity that you experienced there, whether you're a member of the Alphabet Mafia or supporter or whatever. There is a lot going on and especially for the entire month, so I will be pomping in and out of a lot of different events where these will be happening. You can see that at Nick Polly o'keanna this week and with Nick on Instagram.
Speaker 4: But this weekend specifically, it's the fifty.
Speaker 5: Fifth annual La Pride Parade, and it is such a unique experience.
Speaker 4: I know that iHeartRadio will be there.
Speaker 5: I will not be because I will I'm not part of the family anymore. But I did walk in the parade last year with my husband and it was incredible. But it's a really great time because Hollywood Boulevard, we see it shut down in front of the TCL Chinese Theater and also what is now Callavation Hollywood all the time from premiers where this is something that we're very, very used to. This is one of the few times that more than that from Highland to Kuwanga Boulevard are shut down along Hollywood Bulevard. So starting at Hollywood Ovation Hollywood and then continuing down Hollywood Bilevard heading east over toward the one on one, it's shut down. And that only happens at this point in time twice a year for the Hollywood Christmas Parade and for La Pride. So it's a very very interesting experience because Pride here in La while it may be associated with the Alphabet Mafia is very much La Pride, Pride in the City of Los Angeles and the County of Los Angeles and the diversity that we have. And I think that's the biggest point for me to hit is to kind of hit home for you, is it's worth getting out there. It's free ninety nine. It costs you nothing but some of your time. But it's a great time to get out there and experience your neighbors and be able to meet people from different communities. Also, there's so many additional things that are going on. I will be at the Dodgers game on the thirteenth, Friday the thirteenth, which is pretty wild because it's our only Friday the thirteenth of the year.
Speaker 4: But I'll be well, yeah.
Speaker 5: Because you know, mister Halloween, I was like, thirty one is my inverse for my birthday. So but yeah, so I'll be at Dodger Stadium. I will also be at Universal Studios because they have a couple of Pride events that are going on. But I really want to encourage you to find ways, especially since we're officially getting into summer. I know I've had quite a few graduations that I've attended I've got a couple more that are still on the docket, but there's so much going on in the Southland and I really really want to encourage you to get out there and experience things that are going on in your backyard. That's why I'm here, That's why I love coming in here. That's where this weekend when it came from, back when Later with Mo Kelly first had its inaugural season, the inaugural year. But it really gives you an opportunity to get out there and get to know your neighbors. And it's not just the people that you live next door to, not just the people that you you know, share a wall or a fence with, but people that are just in the general community. Because it's wild to think how many connections can be made when you're just getting out there with it. And I think that's it. This is we don't have. If you're part of a church community, it's incredible. You have Fiesta's, you have you know, the church carnival, whatever. But so much as you were talking about early in the show, Mo, things have changed culturally how we interact with people, and so having these large events where we're able to get together, especially with no cover charge. I mean people go to Coachella, people go to Stagecoach, they drop one hundreds a lot. But that's what I'm saying, like hundreds of thousands of dollars here. This past weekend, West Hollywood Pride has become out Loud, which is a music festival where they had many many name acts. Lizzo anchored Saturday and I forget who anchored Sunday. But and then you also have music acts that will be performing this week. And it's a great way for you to get out. But you know, costs a lot less and that's my biggest thing. You don't have that overhead, and so all it does is cost time, and I think that's the most important things. Going back to the National History Museum for their first Friday, that does cost admission.
Speaker 4: I think it's eighteen dollars to get in.
Speaker 5: But there's other times where you can support the Natural History Museum, which is part of the Museum's down to Exposition part, and then you get to go for free, so just and then you get a tax free free ninety nine, but no, you get a tax right off as well.
Speaker 4: So I think that's the biggest thing.
Speaker 5: Summer is here, even though we had the weird torrential downpour today, June gloom definitely made its you know self known, get out try things. There's so much happening again, a great resource myself, Nick poulio'channi this week with Nick that Lincoln Bio has details for you, but just give it a quick Google because even with Carnaesi and I we were looking at the beet experience stuff when we're on break and just all the things that you can get into and enjoy the experience. Wow, that's great. You can see my social media on at mister Mokelly on YouTube right now. So if you don't know how to spell Nick Poli oct handsome dude, I was going to say, I love this is this inception.
Speaker 4: If you go if you know this way.
Speaker 2: That way, go that way's point in the other direction.
Speaker 4: There you go, like follow, subscribe.
Speaker 5: But anyway, always a pleasure to be a part of Later with mo Kelly and come in here because I don't know beyond and especially with YouTube now with the chat room, there's such a different level of interaction. This is that community on top of us.
Speaker 3: You gotta go to the Motown chat hang out with the mo migos. For example, Nick Poliochitty, he's not going to leave immediately. He would be able to hang out in the chat with you. So if you have questions you want to ask him, you want to follow up with something he told you about or shared, you can do that.
Speaker 2: You can't do that with other shows. That's why we're here for you.
Speaker 3: There's a video interactive component to this, and we're building our own community right here and everyone is welcome.
Speaker 4: And we love it.
Speaker 5: And because of that, this is definitely the place for you to be Monday through Friday seven to ten pm, but especially at nine o'clock on Tuesdays, because that's.
Speaker 4: What I get it is that when you come in, yeah, something like that.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, if you live your tune in tonight, you know I've been running my mouth from a microphone and from the beginning, if you don't mind just embodied voice.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: I mean, I wouldn't be upset if I became the voice of KFI. But you know that's a whole different ballgame.
Speaker 2: So you were asked before you go, do you have Snapchat?
Speaker 5: I do have Snapchat, Nick Poliochanni. Nick Pouliochanni on Snapchat. I have TikTok as, well Nick Poliochanni this week and with Nick also if you're into food, fifteen minute Foody is where all that content ends up. So all these events that I go to, food events and activities I talk about, even the things that we do here in studio. So when we had our Pickle Fest a few weeks back and all the different flavored pickled stuff from Popeyes. And then also you'll be able to check out's see TikTok, snapchat, everything's there, slide to my dms. I'm available, And I think that's a bigger thing that I talk about a lot but don't get as much feedback, is if you have someplace you want me to go check out, if there's something in the community that's coming up. This is a I've talked about it before, but that's how I became involved with the Garden Grove Strawberry Festival was because they reached out and just said they wanted to have people come. And that again has already passed. Was a Momorial Day weekend, but it's a free ninety nine event. So of course that's on the top of my list of things that we want to do. But being able to be out there and support and I cover everything from San Diego on the border all the way straight up through Santa Barbara. So I mean, somebody wants to invite me and pay for me to go out beyond that.
Speaker 4: I'm kind of more than happy to.
Speaker 2: Into you know, into the state as well of course east into the state.
Speaker 5: The Inland Empire always is. I mean, when you're born and bred in the Inland Empire and you live a mile from a liquor store, a metal lab, and a drug dealer, what are you trying to say. I'm just saying that's how I grew up Alta lom Rancho Cucamonga, that whole back in the day thing. But I'm just saying that that is specific to if you were an eighties and nineties kid, especially growing up out that way before the migration exactly. And then you know, once the movie Next Friday hit and all those beautiful track homes came in, it was a different ballgame.
Speaker 4: But I am well before all that.
Speaker 5: So if you're in the chat, you know exactly where I'm from because I literally went through my entire resume so huge, and not to be from another show, but a huge shout out to everybody in the chat because I'm always available and I like to pop in here during the week, and I think this is such a cool and unique space to experience things, to learn things, to hear things, but then to be able to observe them that's even cooler. So I mean, we're bringing that whole new element to radio.
Speaker 2: It's with Moe Kelly.
Speaker 3: We're still live on YouTube, Instagram, and of course we're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty