Speaker 1: All right, everybody, welcome, Welcome to the first ever Cajun Night Live event. Sorry about the technical difficulties to get started with this.
Speaker 2: It has been quite an evening.
Speaker 1: For me personally at the house, so I've been trying to throw things together at the last minute try to make this happen, And honestly, I don't exactly know where I want the conversation to go tonight as far as anything at all. Honestly, I mean, if you look at the news right now, there's all kinds of wild things going on. If you look at the cultural and media space, there's a lot of things going on right now. But I want this to kind of be an open form for all of us to just kind of bounce ideas around and talk about whatever really comes up. So I didn't necessarily want this to be a conspiratorial conversation, although it definitely can be. I'm looking at these fire is going on in California right now, and there's so many red flags that are jumping out to me. But I mean, I guess that's just kind of that's my natural way of looking at things. So I mean, I don't know if I'm being extra, if there's really you know some conspiratorial things happening here. But first and foremost, I want to thank y'all for joining me on the first one. This really means a lot, this side project that I'm trying to turn into an actual thing. It means a lot to know there's people behind me on this. So much love and appreciation to y'all. But uh, you know, actually with the two, actually the three people here, interestingly enough, I am very interested to talk to Anthony and to Tony and to Ravenly about a couple of different things. But I want to kind of go down the list here in particular Anthony last night. First of all, do you prefer Anthony or Tony?
Speaker 3: Just curious?
Speaker 4: Anthony?
Speaker 2: All right? Word up?
Speaker 1: Yesterday you had mentioned that you are a pagan religiously speaking correct.
Speaker 3: Correct of the Norse Anglo Saxon variety.
Speaker 2: Yes, I had figured as much.
Speaker 1: Now when you said Norse Anglo Saxon, you gave that extra you know, description behind it. So can I ask you what does the mechanics of your day to day religion and faith kind of look like?
Speaker 2: Like I understand you're not offering sacrifices, and again.
Speaker 1: Within the realm of reason, you know, but what does your faith actually look like to you on a day to day if you don't mind me asking?
Speaker 2: And I asked this.
Speaker 1: Because there are so many different answers when you talk to pagan and people of that belief that I mean, it could be just a thought, or it could be something you physically do.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Well, so for me, I'd like there really wouldn't be and most of the ones that I've talked to there wouldn't either day to day like you would think a Christian's daily devotionals things like that. That's fair, And as you say you're not the best representation of a Christian, I do also have to put out there that I am not the.
Speaker 3: Best representation of a of a of a pagan. But just across the board.
Speaker 1: Game recognized game brother, I appreciate you being real with me for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So, I'm sure there are people that are going to hear this that are going to be like, this guy is slacking and a piece of shit.
Speaker 3: OK, we'll put it, you know, just get that out.
Speaker 2: Of the way.
Speaker 3: Sure, most of so there's really two forms, right.
Speaker 5: There are some people that they do monthly rituals very similar to how wickens do their monthly ritual will fall like the eight spokes of the year.
Speaker 3: And then there is.
Speaker 5: Seasonal rituals which some some do mainly of the focush variant that I've seen where they do uh a.
Speaker 1: Fall that'd be like Mabon and embolic and these type of big seasonal Yeah.
Speaker 3: Got you, yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: If they're doing the if they're doing the monthly, the seasonals, I'm drawing a blank on the name the names, but a big one is Yule. Obviously everybody knows that's but for some the dates actually change, so it's not it's not end of December, it's actually early January.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now you said, is that like historically there's a precedence for that, or is that more of a cultural thing in today's world to your knowledge anyway?
Speaker 3: Two?
Speaker 5: Okay, through my knowledge at least in at least in the American revival, that's the word I was looking for. That seems to be more of a tailtale end of December into mid January. There are arguments that there is a historical precedent, but honestly, what what gets really kind of jammed up and makes the the studies kind of hard, is.
Speaker 3: Really realistically.
Speaker 5: Depending on where these people were at in what we now call Europe, Like the seasons were different, so things happened at different times.
Speaker 3: And one thing a lot of people.
Speaker 5: Overlook is like the reason I gave the kind of the Anglo Saxon misnomer. So the what we the what we now call England was more or less started by the Anglo what we call the Anglo Saxon tribes, right, Anglo Saxon languages, this, that and the other thing. So the Anglo Saxons come from the Angles and the Saxons who both immigrated to that area from.
Speaker 3: I want to say the Saxons came from.
Speaker 5: Scandinavia and the Angles came from continental Europe, continent continental Germania. If you're reading older books, like especially from Rome.
Speaker 3: You're gonna call your Germania.
Speaker 5: So that's that's why oftentimes you'll also hear the term Germanic paganism. That's not Germany necessarily. That is, historically speaking, that's what Europe was called before was Europe.
Speaker 1: It's like the north of Europe, the outside of the Roman Empire kind of thing.
Speaker 2: And I'm with you on that.
Speaker 1: So the Britannica or the Britannics, I should say, which are like the remnants of whatever tribes are on the British Isles before the Romans got there, plus the Roman influence after you know, Rome fall fell and everything. When the let's just call the Nordics for you know, lack of the vikings the you know, because there's tribes throughout in which countries they came from and everything. So the Anglo saxon, the Anglo pagan that you claim is more of a traditional Britannic based version of the Nordic pagan Yeah.
Speaker 5: And that's and that's really dominantly because I'm like half Celtic, half English. So yeah, I mean there's really, unfortunately, for as little as there is on the Norse pagan religion, yeah, there is even less on the Celtic.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Celtics are kind of set upon by the Catholic Church. I actually, yeah, bro, I just uh, there was this, it's like a forty five minute breakdown I found on YouTube of the only religion that kun firmed was successfully wiped off the face of the earth, and that's the Druids, because yeah, there is no written record of what they were really about. All we have is like Roman sources that wrote down what they saw them do with a couple of their rituals, and like they have no context to know what means what why they're doing this. They just kind of wrote a couple things down and then the Catholic Church came.
Speaker 2: And just waged absolute war against them.
Speaker 1: So we have people these days that are claiming that they are doing Druidic practices in these things, but it's like what they're based off of typically is word of mouth passed down so on and so forth. So that's where it gets into that air of murky waters. But so, how does in for your beliefs, how does Anglo Nordic paganism differ from Danish Nordic paganism or something like that. I'm sure there's nuances.
Speaker 3: There are, but honestly a lot of them are very subtle. Sure, So.
Speaker 5: When I'm talking about it in a like on this, like when I'm talking about the gods for instance, right on bigger platforms, because like I used to do a podcast about this, I'll use the Norse names because people know Odin for Frey, Frey, et cetera. But from the Anglo Saxon perspective, Odin would be Odin with a W thor would be Thunar, et cetera. So in my personal practice I use the more anglicized names. But really that's about the extent of it.
Speaker 3: I'm honestly kind of eclectic at the like.
Speaker 5: Over the last five years, I've really gotten more just like eclectic in that I use I use the.
Speaker 3: I follow the Norse gods, I work with them.
Speaker 5: But I've also just come to terms with the fact because I have dealt with multiple groups, multiple people, and at the end of the day, we are we are. We are reviving a dead religion. That's ultimately what it comes down to. With very little actually was written down, and you have a whole bunch of quote unquote linguists that, sure it can translate the words, but don't understand the the context.
Speaker 3: Of the times.
Speaker 5: Sure, And so I'm more just trying to do what feels right than what somebody wrote in a book says is right, because for better or worse, we have myths written down, but those myths are not our Bible, right, you know, So we don't have a holy scripture telling us what's right and what's right and what's wrong.
Speaker 1: So on that same vibe, Zombie I see your hand up. I'm gonna ask you get to you in a second. But I was told by a group of Nordic pagans locally at an embolic festival that I went to that essentially, in the Nordic religion, there is no such thing as like sin, right, There's no there's nothing of that nature. And I was kind of perplexed by that. So I'm like, there's no going against like the will of the gods, and that's not a thing. And they're like, okay, sure there's outright blasphemy and disrespect, but it's from what I was getting given to understand. Y'all, don't pray to the gods or ask for the gods to help you. You more or less ask for the gods to give you the guidance and the wisdom and the strength to get through it on your own. Now, is that about accurate or is there something I'm missing here?
Speaker 5: So that's that, that's not it. That's not entirely accurate. But you're you're on the right track, okay. So we don't believe in sin, in that we don't believe we are born having to pay the consequences for a man and woman however many thousand years however, many thousand years ago, we don't believe we were born imperfect beings. And some of the other things that Abrahamic religion teaches about us is in the human condition, not saying that's wrong, that that's just the difference.
Speaker 3: Now, there are definitely sins like.
Speaker 5: Kin slaying, anything bad to children, yeah, not being gracious hosts, like yeah, yeah, yeah, not being a gracious host.
Speaker 2: So they're there, but the uh.
Speaker 5: For them because there was also the concept of the knitting, which the pretty much the transliteration means nothing. So somebody fucked up to the point where they are nothing. They are cast out, they are cast out of the tribe and left defend for themselves, like they're looked at as.
Speaker 3: An animal at that point.
Speaker 5: Okay, and they're in some in some uh while there's never so how do word.
Speaker 1: This because it's not like you'll see that there's gonna be a penance for the wrongdoings after the fact, like after death, because it's more like you're gonna you're gonna reap what you sew here. Where you go afterwards depends a lot of how you lived your life and also how you die and there's a lot.
Speaker 2: Of things that go into that.
Speaker 1: But it's not like, uh, you're gonna do something now and pay for it after the am I is that a correct as well or.
Speaker 3: For the most part.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: So one thing, one thing I absolutely want to clear up.
Speaker 3: Valhalla is not Heaven.
Speaker 2: No, it is not. It is a version of it, and a bad as one at that.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 5: Look, it is a high honor. It is a high honor. It is one of the places you can go after death. But Valhalla is for apex predators. Like I'm talking about the best of the the best of the best of green Berets seals, like the.
Speaker 3: People with body counts that we don't even.
Speaker 5: Talk about, right Okay, Like I'm sorry, that's gonna ruffle people's feathers. As much as I respect and acknowledge that people that have lost lost fights to say cancer or other illnesses, those are not going to get to the Valhalla. Those are straw deaths.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: The main place where people go is the halls of the ancestors in Helheim hell h e l a lot of.
Speaker 3: There is a lot of.
Speaker 1: Isn't there a farm that either frig or frail runs that that's another option to.
Speaker 3: Folkvanger. That's the one that's so that's another thing too, with a lot of.
Speaker 5: The machismo in the North Pagan's fears. Because I'm gonna be honest, it's a sausage fest. There's very few women.
Speaker 3: Sure, a lot of people overlooked that.
Speaker 5: In when Warriors fell, Frea got the first pick Odin.
Speaker 3: Odin respected her power so much he gives her the first pick.
Speaker 1: But if she passes up to say that this dude obviously belongs to Valhalla, then that's just what it is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I mean another point is too, is you not only have to die in battle, there's got to be a valkyrie there to see it. You could die the most heroic death ever written. But if there wasn't a valkyrie there to witness it, it means nothing interesting. So there is Hellheim, which is the equivalent of Tartaris. There are people in the Norse pagan sphere that make the linguistic argument that when Christians started coming into Europe Germania and converted, they coined the term hell from the pagan Hellheim to turn what was there after their the halls of their ancestors and their afterlife the equivalent of Tartaris like it's cool. You know, it's not bad, but it's cool. Yeah, into a bad place. Now that being said, there is a place called niffle Hell and it's described as being in Hellheim, very close to Nifflheim, the Realm of Ice, and it is a hall that is made up of sharp spears and swords, with snakes slithering all through and venom dripping where kin slayers and breakers go.
Speaker 1: Okay, so there is a version of a quote unquote hell or shoal or bad spot.
Speaker 2: There's a bad spot you can go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but to get there you really have like you almost have to be trying.
Speaker 2: Got you okay?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Raven Lee please chime in on this.
Speaker 6: Sorry, sorry my phone, my phone wouldn't let it go. What I was gonna say earlier about the linguists, I was actually just reading about this AI transcript that they're using right now. So they're actually utilizing AI to read the oldest scrolls found and they've been trying to decipher them forever, but they fall apart when they try to even get near them. And they actually are using an AI machine, which we all know how I feel about AI, but they're piecing it together to be able to read this, and so they were talking about you it for the sagas as well, to try to you know, interpret because the AI has so many known languages, it's going to try to decipher what actually was being written and how it translated. Which I thought that was interesting because it jumped from like different religions around the world that they're going to try to utilize this AI for.
Speaker 1: I've heard of the amusing that same and I don't know if it's the same story or if there was a you know, a Samarian or whatever. But I saw a story of a scroll and when they tried unraveling it, it did start to fall apart.
Speaker 2: So they took like an X.
Speaker 1: Ray scan of it and they were able to see what the like, they can tell what was printed.
Speaker 2: Then they plug that into an AI and they were trying to do it.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's yeah, it's a scroll, Okay, so this is the same story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is the.
Speaker 6: Same story, but they've actually like made progress. They've gotten like I think they've gotten like two paragraphs were so far, and they're trying to like figure out exactly like what but what it's discussing and stuff. But they're thinking about utilizing it for like different areas of the world to try to peace in the gaps of religions that were destroyed, or they only have like fragments of information.
Speaker 1: So can I be honest, I do not trust AI whatsoever. However, with the subaddendum of I am not mad at AI being used for this purpose like realistically, to plug it in and try to break down a code that humans have been able to break down in forever, or to decipher something like this, like I'm actually not mad at that. That's pretty dope. But okay, that's excellent. So with all that, Oh sorry, Tony, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wanted to jump in a little bit on a linguistic thing. Yeah, I do speak a fair amount of German, so hellheim would translate to bright home. And they don't use the word hell for hell the way we do. Their word is hulla for the bad place you go.
Speaker 2: When you die.
Speaker 4: So and I think that word is related to the English word whole, like a hole in the ground, you know, a negative place you wouldn't want to go. Another thing about the now, my interpretation of the early British history is that it was first these Celtic people who were speaking a language kind of like Gaelic. And these Saxons came from Germany in about seven eight hundred a d. And Saxony, by the ways, just south of Berlin. And there's another state west of Berlin called Saxon Anhalt, and that's where the city of Magdeburg happens to be. So the Germans kind of conquered the Celts, and then a little later after that the Vikings I think, were raiding the coasts all around, and then William the Conqueror from France invaded. So yeah, there's multiple invasions going on here, and I think it was probably Christianized just before William the Conqueror, if I'm not mistaken. So anyway, I just wanted to throw that information out in case anyone thought it was interesting.
Speaker 2: No, it very much is.
Speaker 1: I mean, English being a German based language, it makes sense that there would be some crossovers, and like you said, Hellheim would mean that per German, but maybe in Denmark they would have a different, a slight variation of that word, especially in the religious text. There was a video that I found a while back. It was like five girls from Nordic speaking places like Sweden, Denmark, Scandinavia, Norway, and they all named the gods, and like you said earlier, Anthony, some of them.
Speaker 2: Was Wodin or Odin or Odean.
Speaker 1: Then you had Thor or Thor or Thor, and it was like they had these weird variations of it. But they were speaking about the same god and the same stories and all these things, but culturally there'd be these variations. Tried to try country to country, this all checks out to me. Although, Tony, glad that you are here this.
Speaker 2: Evening, Yeah, glad to be here.
Speaker 1: So I just before we shot this tonight, saw that there was a attack in Russia.
Speaker 2: Have you heard about this yet?
Speaker 1: There was a fuel depot that was been lit on fire, and apparently Ukraine was successful in demolishing the eighth Army's main headquarters. And it's not even near the Kurse Goblost. It's a good ways inland. I don't know what to make of this. Of course, the media is taking it to say like this is just another nail in the coffin of Russia, but it is so many things are ramping up right now and Ukraine's actually making some decent progress. What have you heard on your end as far as just the whole situation in Russia and Ukraine, not necessarily of this one attack, but of everything when you're in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not quite that up to date then, but yeah, I have heard of pretty deep Ukrainian rocket and drone attacks into Russia. Yeah, they're using every tool they can. However, when it comes to Kursk, except for maybe the last thirty square miles, the Russians have mostly pushed Ukrainians out. So you know, I'm still I'm overall optimistic for Russia to win this thing. Overall. It's taken them a lot longer than I thought it would. I think it's taken longer than the pro Russian optimists thought it would.
Speaker 1: Well, they thought it was gonna be like a two week ordeal or something like that in the beginning.
Speaker 4: But I mean, right, yeah, there were some optimists on both sides. It was the whole will all be home for Christmas kind of spirit, and you know, it just obviously the optimists on both sides were wrong. But yeah, Russia, it's got like ninety nine point nine percent of Lugansk Province now and part of Harkoff and about two thirds or three quarters of all the other three bew to territories. So I think, yeah, they will eventually win this thing. So I wonder what Trump's gonna do, because Trump has made a big deal about trying to end this. But I actually don't think that Russia and Ukraine really want to sit down at the negotiation table quite yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So let me ask you, in this completely opinion based one hundred what does Russia winning quote unquote look like in your eyes? In your perspective, because I'm gonna be honest, I don't even see what Ukraine winning looks like like. Okay, optimistically, rose colored covered pedestal. Here they get back Crimea and all of their land, and it's just like it was in twenty ten. I don't see that as an actual viable option, honestly. That's that's completely you know, sunshine and rainbow type of thing. But what does winning look like for from Russia's perspective, the envelopment of the entire country, stopping at the oblasts that they've gotten and just calling it quits.
Speaker 2: What does it seem like it would be on your end?
Speaker 4: I think for Russia they would consider victory to be taking these four oblasty Lugansknetsk, Zapporosia, and Harson. They've got almost all of Lugansk right now, they got like two thirds or three quarters of all the rest of the three of them. And I think if they were to you know, push all the way to the to the boundaries of those oblasty and maybe a few kilometers past that for some kind of extra safety buffer, I think they would consider that to be a victory and they would be okay negotiating a peace agreement there. The only other spot that I think they would have a lot of interest in is Odessa, that is west of Crimea, and that is Ukraine's last remaining access to the Black Sea. And it's also got a pretty you know, Russian speaking population. So there's it's hard to say exactly what public opinion is in any of these places, because of course the sources. Yeah, yeah, it's really hard to tell what public opinion is. And this goes for the American Civil War, the American Revolutionary War, this goes for any war. It's all very speculative and a lot of people keep their mouths shut. Sure, So, yeah, Ukraine is very politically divided east to west by the way, and I think the best information on that would be the elections that were held, you know, like a decade ago. The Ukrainian nationalist parties are overwhelmingly popular in the West, and by contrast, the I think Party of Regions was the name of Yanikovich's party, and that was overwhelmingly popular in the East, eighty percent majorities in both. And you know, in the US the deepest red and deepest blue states do not have supermajorities overwhelming majorities quite like that. In California it's like sixty forty. In Texas it's like fifty five forty five. It feels like.
Speaker 2: It didn't used to be. But boy, in the last decade it has become that, hasn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's become a lot more purple. Yeah, And I live in Texas and I hope it stays red.
Speaker 2: Right, That's just.
Speaker 4: My personal inclination. But yeah, the political polarization in Ukraine is way stronger than it is here, and that's saying something. So it was a tinderbox before, you know, years ago.
Speaker 1: I agree, And I also agree with your your analysis on Odessa being a potential place that they're trying to really sink their claws into. Okay, that sounded that sounded a little biased. You know what I'm saying, put up foothold in because have you heard anything more about what happened with the Russian bases in Syria? Because that as far as naval assets go for Russia, there's a few key ports that would be make or break for them. They just lost their massive air base and their massive naval base in Syria because the entire side regime has fallen. I haven't heard anything about if they're still holding that terrain, if they've evacuated the troops and the equipment, or what the situation is cause Syria. Last time I looked at the map, it's like subdivided into nine different zones almost, and depending on which group and which warlord you're talking to, depends on which land you're currently talking about.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, Syria.
Speaker 4: You know, I wish I knew more about it, but you know, I was trying to keep up with the news a couple of weeks ago. It sounds like Russia has still got a pretty good foothold there. And these new guys Joe Lani and Neustra or Hyat Tarira al Sham, they're not gonna ride a unseat Russia from Latakia or I think the other the other spot is mame him if I'm pronouncing that right, it's kind of and the way I see that is actually very similar to when Castro took over Cuba and he didn't touch Guantanamo Bay because that would have been suicide. So I think it's a very similar situation with HTS and Syria. The western part of Syria is the part that's got the Alo Whites, the drus and the Christians, and they're the more Asad friendly demographic and the more Russian friendly demographic, and that's where these Russian bases are. I've seen some negative videos out of Syria of these HTS people executing people. My overall impression is that, you know, I was more pro Aside, even though he was a bad guy. I think these new guys are worse. I'm hoping that, you know, things will be peaceful there. But my future speculation for Sirius it's going to be like Libya ten years from now. It's probably still going to be divided and you know, low level, hopefully very low level violence, maybe simmering. A few people die here and there, but hopefully nothing like major mass casualty. Events or anything, and I think Russia will hang on to those bases.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've heard a lot of people as a matter of fact. Yeah, of course, when Asad was in power, you had people that were pro and anti him, and there was a lot of reasons why people could be anti Assad. You know, he did, in fact use chemical weapons on civilians, He did, in fact do certain things like But at the same time, when you look at that region of the world, the fact that he was an Alawad and the fact that he led the nation as he did for as long as he did, Like he didn't stay in power just because he had an iron fist because of the Again, this is not I.
Speaker 2: Don't live there. I'm not a Muslim. I actually have no dog in this fight.
Speaker 1: But from what I was given to believe, because of the type of Muslim he is, it was like he was not liked by anybody, but he also wasn't hated by anybody, because that group is seen as kind of like a group of Islamic mystics almost so they're like Islam kind of similar to how like the Christians look at the Mormons, right, like if a Mormon was to take over America, like the Christians wouldn't be mad at it, but they wouldn't be happy about it either, kind of thing.
Speaker 4: Uh huh. Yeah, Siria's seventy percent Sunni Muslim. I think that the Sunies more like Protestants and the shed Is more like Catholics. Yeah, and the ala Whites are Yeah. I think your analogy to the Mormons is uh is pretty good. I mean, I wish I knew more about their faith, but they're just like a smaller minority. So the radical Suonis they really don't like Ala White theology. They don't like anybody but themselves really sure, the Sunnies, but even you know, among the Sunnies, I would say that isis is a minority. You know, most Sunies are more go along, get along kinds of people.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah. To get back to the chemical weapon thing, I don't really agree with that. I think those were false flags. There were three big ones. There was Guta, Duma, and Kansha Kun and I think all three of those were actually either misinterpreted because aside he did drop a lot of barrel bombs and stuff. There were plenty of people killed just through conventional bombings, but people would be afraid of gas. You know they would think that, oh, maybe it's a gas attack, but really it's just a bunch of pulverized concrete. Or in the case of Guta in twenty thirteen, I think that really was a chemical weapons attack, but it was launched by the Noose or front.
Speaker 1: I honest with you, I actually don't know with certainty if those were false flags or not this happened. I think I was in the Marine Corps or maybe even I was in high school when those were dropped, and I remember hearing about them, and it was chlorine bombs and that was like the big thing, and I thought that was wild. But I actually never did any more digging into it. So I guess I should have said there was allegations of chemical biological weapons used on his people. But I mean, if we're gonna get real with that, we were homies with Saddam and we even gave him the saren gas that he used on the Kurds later on, So I mean, it's if we're gonna get real technical about throwing shade at people for doing things that they shouldn't have. I mean, yeah, no, I'm not a fan of it, but it is how that area of the world operates unfortunately.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And by the way, you might know who was initially blamed for the Halabja chemical weapons attack in nineteen eighty eight, It was Iran. America tried to blame Iran for it in nineteen eighty eight, and then around the Gulf War time in ninety one, it became more convenient to blame Saddam Hussein for it, and Saddam Hussein was actually guilty of it, right, But this just goes to show, you know, whoever gets assigned the blame is whoever it's politically convenient to assign him to the first attack, the Guta attack, was in twenty thirteen.
Speaker 1: That was the big one that was in the Marine Corps at that time. Okay, I was on something there, all right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is near Damascus and it killed about one thousand people. It was. It was huge. And that was the one where Obama said that, well, I guess the red line has been crossed. I guess maybe we're going to have to go to war with Syria. But the OPCW, the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons started, you know, collecting data, and they did not draw conclusion on this to say, Asad definitely did it, and Obama and the Congress at the time, they were getting a lot of letters from constituents saying that they didn't want war with Syria, and Obama he had kind of a hard call to make, but he ended up. This was only two years after Libya, right, and he said, Okay, I'm not listening to Hillary Clinton or Joe Biden. I'm gonna not go to war with Syria. And I think that was the right call to make. And I agree with huge Obama guy.
Speaker 1: I'm not a fan of him whatsoever, but I do agree that we already were involved in two different foreign conflicts.
Speaker 2: We really didn't need to add a third.
Speaker 1: And I also think him being the populist president that he was, I mean, at one point he was actually just polling.
Speaker 2: People to see what he should do next.
Speaker 1: And I definitely think that him starting a third warfront would have gone horribly for him. So this makes sense. And plusure like, he's twenty thirteen. That was right after his second inauguration. He was only one year into his second term, so he you know, he he wasn't trying to do that with his final tour.
Speaker 2: So to speak. So yeah, a lot of things make sense.
Speaker 1: As far as that goes, And like you said, a lot of the credibility of if those bombs were in fact chemical, biological or not, Were they absolutely from him or not.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of up in the air types of things. I do.
Speaker 1: I don't even People were trying to throw it out, like, oh, well, you know he found asylum in Russia, and now it was like, yeah, Russia's got two massive military bases in that country. He's homies with Putin, and like that would make sense to me that you would find asylum in Russia.
Speaker 2: But like, so did Edward Snowden, you know what I mean? So I get it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, with Edward Snowden, it was quite by accident. You might have been aware of this. I think he talked to Glenn Greenwald in Hong Kong and then he wanted to fly through Russia to Ecuador kind of avoid the US, but he was having a layover in Russia, and then the US revoked his passport, and then Russia, I guess, took advantage of it and said, Okay, I guess, well, we kind of want you stuck here anyway. So you're stuck here, we're not letting you out. So that's how he ended up there. But he's married and I think he has kids now.
Speaker 1: About that, I honestly I forgot that he accidentally ended up there.
Speaker 2: Holy wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and his girlfriend at the time went and they got married and they're still there. He's still he's on Twitter and stuff. I listened to his autobiography memoir on tape, and yeah, he tried to become Special Forces, but he broke his fibula or something, so that's how he ended up more of a computer nerd. Yeah, it's worth listening to or reading if I think you'd.
Speaker 1: Like it, I absolutely will do this because I mean, I personally see him as a hero. I know a lot of people for some reason, people think he's a trader. And it's like the people that do that, the people that really believe that, I guess they don't understand what the Patriot Act is. I guess they don't understand what the NSA does. It's you know, it's better huh.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I had a question for Anthony on this Saxon Anglo Saxon religion. Yeah, is there a lot of ancestor veneration in it? Because that's my impression of pagan societies as a whole, especially in East Asia, they do a lot of that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there, ancestor veneration is is very much a hypoint, I would argue. I think I feel like I could reasonably argue.
Speaker 3: That it is.
Speaker 5: On if not just slightly below worship of the gods, but in a lot of things that I have read in.
Speaker 3: Like in histories or whatever.
Speaker 5: Kind of touching back on when Jacob was asking if people reach out to the gods about things, oftentimes people were reaching out to the spirits of their ancestors before they reached out to the gods. So yes, you could very much say that that is a big part of it. I wouldn't definitely not the only thing, but ancestral veneration is a big part of it.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, So I've heard that as far as that goes the gods. Please correct me if I'm wrong here. The gods don't really care about humans or what humans are doing. They take note of exceptional humans, whether that be positive or negative, but they'll help if called upon kind of thing. But like they're doing their thing, They're doing their god thing over on their end. They're not like constantly worried about what we got going on.
Speaker 2: Is that also correct.
Speaker 1: And if so, is that why people would go to their ancestors before the gods kind of thing.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't say they don't care. I would say, the gods are up there doing god shit right, so they're more looking at us as a whole than the individuals. Okay, like the the reason that people went to their ancestors or land spirits because there are some There is some lore that suggests one of the things that can happen after you die is become a dissier if you're a woman, which is essentially a it's a term specifically meaning a female spirit. Like one of Frea's kinnings is Vanadis, meaning this year of the vonn Ear. I cannot recall what this year actually translates out to, but it is a it is a almost a matriarchal spirit. Then there's some lord that suggests, like men that die could potentially become.
Speaker 3: ALFs or elves or.
Speaker 5: Dying into the mound, becoming a land spirit of a particular area. So but anyways, getting to the point of the asking your ancestors more whether they were wherever they were at your ancestors are more directly connected to you. They have a more directed vent vested interest in your success. And because they're not having to worry about god shit, they are more ready and a not more ready and able to help you.
Speaker 3: With your needs. Like I'll be honest, I can't remember the last.
Speaker 5: Time I petitioned or did an actual ritual to the gods for anything, like periodically when I feel the call all quote unquote pray and give like a nod if I felt something came through from them.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I mean people reach out.
Speaker 5: I would say for the day, for the dailies, or you need help from the other side, You're going to reach out to your ancestors.
Speaker 1: Can a female spirit become a valkyrie on the other side or valkyriees? Just they are what they are, They're created that way. It's not like that. I only asked that because you said something about men being able to come elves or ale olves or whatever. So it's like, so could is that also within the realm of possibility?
Speaker 5: So okay, So the men becoming olves, that is highly contested, Okay, I only mentioned I only mentioned that as it's something that is talked about in what could loosely be.
Speaker 3: Called the Germanic pagan apologetics.
Speaker 2: Got you.
Speaker 5: As far as women becoming valkyries. For everything I have read.
Speaker 3: And I am far from an expert, sure those seem to be.
Speaker 5: Lesser goddesses, so not not not made god, not like a woman dies and becomes a valkyrie.
Speaker 3: So because I mean.
Speaker 5: Also, like realistically, even though we know there were female warriors, the small percentage, but they were there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we don't ever.
Speaker 5: Hear stories about female warriors going to Valhalla and the valkyries while they are the choosers of the slain slain all due respect.
Speaker 3: Ladies looking up, I gotta I gotta throw that out there. They are kind of the mead.
Speaker 5: Wenches of Valhalla, like they're the ones serving the meat, giving all the meat and servicing the feasts that happened there.
Speaker 1: I will say there's probably exceptions to that rule, like like Boudica I would think is probably partying in Valhalla, not serving in Valhalla, you know what I mean. So there's got to be those exceptions. Like you said, you got to give the credence to it. But okay, so according to most of.
Speaker 5: The literal I'm not taking anything away from the badass females. What I'm saying is as far as anything talked about as far.
Speaker 3: As warriors in.
Speaker 5: European history that would have been deemed worthy of valhalla, because obviously that happens when we die, we don't know who's actually where, gotcha? I have read anything about a female warrior.
Speaker 3: But also the part to that.
Speaker 5: Another thing that makes things extremely difficul is the ancient Pagans of Europe, just like the Celts, they passed everything down orally, sure.
Speaker 3: We don't.
Speaker 5: We get the pros at A and the poetic at A from Snorri Storlsin and he wrote that in I want to believe, I want to say eleven hundred ish, maybe twelve hundred.
Speaker 2: I know it was before thirteen for sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, and that was it was after Iceland had already been Christian for about one hundred years.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then so you'll hear something, is that the Icelandic sagas, that's the pros and poeta or poetic or is that is the Icelandic saga.
Speaker 2: Is a completely different thing altogether.
Speaker 1: I've heard that term be thrown out, and I don't know if that's like an all encompassing term for both or if that's a whole extra thing with it.
Speaker 2: I'm not. You know.
Speaker 1: At one point I had the Grim Frost, really nice book that had all the gorgeous illae strations and the stories of all of these things. I have since passed it on to a dear friend who is also a Nordic pagan and thought they would appreciate a lot more than I would. But yeah, they went into it a good bit and it was kind of the combination of the pros and poetic to make the storyline of the Grim Frost book.
Speaker 2: Of the pagan gods and stuff, you know.
Speaker 1: But I don't know the intricacies of it all.
Speaker 5: So I have personally never read the Icelandic sagas.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that is different, gotcha.
Speaker 5: So it could be the same thing in a different in a slightly different setup, slightly different version, because like, for instance, where Balder dies, there's two main miss right, there's the one everybody knows with the missile tup or with the hand without about miss about Loki with the missiletoe and his blind brother Balder. But there's also another version of the myth where Loki doesn't have.
Speaker 3: Anything to do with it.
Speaker 5: Balder Balder and his Balder and his blind brother Holdor fought over the right to marry Nana and Balder. Balder killed him in that fight. So there's two different The one with Loki is the most popular, and I honestly think the reason it is most it is the most popular is because it's the one that depicts that closest lee depicts Loki as the devil, and that.
Speaker 2: Is so unfair. I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 1: I have done with the digging that I have done into Norse paganism and all of these things.
Speaker 2: Yo, Loki is very rarely the bad guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got some he's got some mischief with him, all right, Yeah, But typically he is put to task by others and then gets blamed for things after the fact.
Speaker 3: So I will.
Speaker 5: So what I have come to my understanding of Loki as a being is he is the epitome of knowledge without wisdom.
Speaker 2: I like that, you yes, Okay?
Speaker 5: So where Odin is wisdom and Odin and Loki are blood brothers, it's not Thor and Loki are not brothers.
Speaker 3: Like the way it's depicted in Marble.
Speaker 5: Loki makes a lot of bad decisions and he pays the consequences for them.
Speaker 3: Now, it can.
Speaker 5: Also be said that if Loki didn't make these bad decisions, the gods wouldn't have gotten wouldn't have grown right, right.
Speaker 3: So it's it's why I say there is no.
Speaker 5: Absolute good and evil in paganism, you know. And like while you know, and another thing talking on the sin is, while we don't necessarily have any historical records of any buddy worshiping the yolknar the giants, right, there's people now that do.
Speaker 1: Oh, of course there are there's people that worship demons. Of course there's good. There's gotta be those people out.
Speaker 2: There, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, and so here's my argument to the people that say, uh oh, that didn't happen. Okay, cut and dry, simplistic argument. If the gods are good and the Yotan's are bad, if you are telling me that there is nobody that worshiped and venerated the bad side of that fence, my ancestors would have been the only people that didn't have that problem in all of human religious history.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I don't.
Speaker 5: Believe that that doesn't make sense, That doesn't pass the smell test.
Speaker 3: Now, I can understand why it wouldn't have been documented, sure, but so's it's it's just one of those.
Speaker 5: It's just one of those gray areas. I completely forgot where I was going with that.
Speaker 3: I got on attended.
Speaker 1: I'm good, I'm glad you did. I've thoroughly enjoyed the tangent man. Although I do like that you said the term a Germanic apologist earlier.
Speaker 2: That's a term that we don't really hear much ever.
Speaker 1: But speaking on apologist, Tony, you are an Eastern Orthodox Christian.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 4: No, No, it might surprise you, but no, I'm I'm a fourth degree Knight of Columbus Roman Catholic.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right. I do remember you mentioned that in a chat. So you are also a night same as I am, but of a different of a different order.
Speaker 2: So I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: I guess I thought that because you're pro Russian in so many ways, for some reason, I thought you were siding with the Russian Orthodox Church. My apologies if I like mislabeled you, brother, It was not intentional.
Speaker 2: I just kind of put that.
Speaker 4: I don't take it as an insult at all. In fact, you know, I got plenty of respect for East Orthodox and I know a guy there was a guy who used to be a night of Columbus with me, and he actually converted to Russian Orthodox earlier this year, to the chagrin of our Grand Night, and it was kind of a surprise to me too. But there's a lot of young men go in that direction because it's perceived as being more masculine than the other main American Christian denominations. You might have seen the same thing. I've seen articles on it. Especially the most right wing young men tend to go to Russian Orthodox.
Speaker 1: It's strange to me, and it's not because of anything negative by any means. It's just as far as a religion, especially in today's modern era, right for somebody to go into a religion that's based in traditions and structure and order and all these things. The Catholic Church is usually the one that stands out among the crowd, dude. The Russian and Eastern Orthodox Church has rules within rules on top of rules. So I have a brother knight of my order who is a Russian Orthodox Christians. So we accept all Christians of every faith as long as you are in fact a Christian. And then we also have some Jewish members of a like tangential order, but we still accept them among our ranks.
Speaker 2: It's they're the order of merit. And actually a matter of fact, our in our priory in New Orleans, we have one Jewish member. I love him to death. He's an amazing guy. He's a doctor.
Speaker 1: But they we accept all types of Christians. And so I was talking to this guy. He is coming up there in age, and by coming up in age, I mean he's almost forty and he is a lay person within the church or or something. I forget to what level or to what degree he's like a.
Speaker 2: A member of this faith.
Speaker 1: He has gone through the classes and he's like, I guess their version of like a seminary or something like that. Essentially, if he doesn't get married before he's forty, he's basically doomed to a vow of chastity per their religious dogma. And I'm like, bruh, big dog, were you talking about here? And he's yeah, yeah, I'm I'm like really looking for a wife right now, and he's not looking at one for Like, this guy is just one of the genuinely most amazing dudes I've ever met. Like any woman would be lucky to marry him. Honestly, he really is a catch. But I didn't realize there was that type of a fire under his ass to do this bro like a real lifetime crunch. And I haven't heard of many Christian religions that do such things.
Speaker 4: Man, Yeah, I think I've heard a similar thing. I didn't realize it was a age forty age limit. I thought it was that you could be married when you got in, but then if your wife died, you couldn't get remarried. And the Catholic Church has a similar rule on that for deacons. And I think in the Catholic Church, priests used to be allowed to get married like a thousand years ago or something that was a long time ago. But then they got rid of that because there was issues with inheritance, and I guess, you know, the church wanted, you know, no competition from the wives in terms of inheritance.
Speaker 2: I get that that was part of it. What was that pope that had like six kids?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, There's been many sexually active popes. There is a list of them in Wikipedia.
Speaker 1: Right, But I mean as far as the inheritance goes, especially all right, why the Catholic priests or priests in general were seen to they need to take wives. I think they also took their cues off of the Jewish tradition, like you can't be a rabbi unless you're married, and so I think they kind of took that cue, which, not gonna lie, kind of makes sense to me. How are you going to minister to a married couple dealing with marital disputes if you've never been married and actually have no practical application as to what can help them other than what.
Speaker 2: You read somewhere. So like I get on paper, that makes sense to me.
Speaker 1: And then equally on paper, why especially the Catholic Church. I mean, you look back, I know a lot of people throw shade at the Catholic Church.
Speaker 2: I am not going to do that here.
Speaker 1: But when you get to that level of power in the Middle Ages, right, you would have a priest that would want to pass things down to their heirs if they were married and had children, so as a way to alleviate that, they take vowels of chastity, and that also weeds out the ones that are in it for their own means or in it for at least on paper, the correct reasons.
Speaker 2: And so like I get it.
Speaker 1: I might disagree with it, but I understand why they would do that. But if I'm not mistaken, didn't the Catholic Church just make an exception to this rule? Well, you have to get like special permissions from your archdiocese and all these things to do it. We had a priest in Louisiana and well, he was a deacon, he was he was married, his wife did die, he has children. But then he went to seminary school and he had to get all these special permissions and stuff. And if I'm not mistaken, they were about to allow him to actually.
Speaker 2: Have a parish.
Speaker 1: But again, like it had to go through the proper channels in the chain of commands, things and stuff. So I don't know if they if that's only for deacons or what have you heard if they've made exceptions to the rules with that.
Speaker 4: The only one that comes to mind is the Anglican ordinari It. I don't know what the word ordinary it means, but basically, a bunch of Anglican churches decided to join the Catholic Church in twenty twelve, and if the priests were married, they were allowed to remain married and they would be fully Catholic.
Speaker 2: Hm. I wow, yeah.
Speaker 4: That's a real thing. In fact, I go, yeah, my wife. It is mostly due to my wife, but we actually go to an Anglican ordinary it Catholic church that's like seven miles from our house, even though there's like three other ones closer, and I really like it, and there's more kids there than most other Catholic churches I've ever been to, So we're big fans of it.
Speaker 2: So I have a member of my order. He's actually our chaplain.
Speaker 1: He is a a Anglican priest and he is married as well, but he's an Anglican Catholic, not a you know, Roman Catholic.
Speaker 2: He's very clear about this distinction.
Speaker 1: So going and you're born and raised Roman Catholic and you're going to an Anglican. Now do you see any differences as far as the.
Speaker 4: Mass, Well, this really is Roman Catholic. So they used to be Anglican and then they joined the Catholic Church. I think the position of the Anglican Church officially today is they never left. But it's weird. So like a few of them, a few of these parishes, I don't know what the percentage is on it, but they actually decided to really pursue becoming recognized by the Roman Catholic Church. As legitimate priests and everything, and the Roman Catholic Church did grant that to a number of them, but not all of them. So according to the Catholic Church, they're not all Catholic, gotcha. But yeah, but the Anglican ordinary ones are recognized as fully Roman Catholic and they can be married and still priests. So I forgot what The second question you had was.
Speaker 1: If there was any difference that you'd seen on your end, but I didn't. You answered it basically, they are Anglican ordinary. However, they are within the fold of the Roman Catholic Church, so their mass proceeds in a Roman Catholic way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a few words that are different. So in the nice Seene Creed, instead of saying who is spoken by the prophets, the words are who spake by the prophets and it is it is kind of weird. Instead of saying consubstantial, they say in one in substance or something. There's a few words that are different. So if I ever go back to a Novus Ordo parish, you know, those few words always throw me off a little bit. So, yeah, there's there's a few little differences.
Speaker 1: Is your knights templar not nice similar, Sorry, is your Knights of column? Do y'all call them chapters or.
Speaker 4: Their councils councils? Yeah, there's eighteen thousand councils roughly in the world. Sign is Council one three, three sixty three. It started in two thousand and three. And this council belongs to the Anglican Ordinari of Dallas Fort Worth.
Speaker 1: I was going to ask if it's a part of the church and go to a traditional quote unquote Roman Catholic.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah. It is different from most of the other diocesan or parish based councils out there, and we have a different bishop from them, and it creates, you know, political friction and stuff sometimes, and I'm lucky that I don't have to deal with that. But our Grand Night he does complain a lot.
Speaker 2: How long have you been a member?
Speaker 4: Only for like two years. They just asked me, hey, hey, come on and join, and I didn't really have a great reason why not, so I did. And now I'm I'm actually financial secretary of it. And we got like seventy or eighty members, and yeah, it's a pretty good good deal mostly, you know, one of the reasons I never joined as a younger guy is that they're mostly really old guys in age is like seventy seventy five.
Speaker 2: But oh, I am the kid of this crew. Dog, I feel you one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But at this church, I'm more like closer to the median age, and I'm I'm thirty six, So you know it's it's good.
Speaker 1: Would you be interested in joining another group of knighthood just curious another council? No, No, an entirely different order. You could have both at the same time. But this knighthood is recognized by the UN.
Speaker 4: I have not looked into it. Are you talking about my order you're in?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And the Texas group that we have is actually very large and actually speaking Dallas, I have a couple of brothers that I could put you in contact with ancestors. As a matter of fact, it's called the Sovereign Milli Terry Order of the Temple of Jerusalem s M O t J. That's the American branch of it, our international headquarters.
Speaker 2: I think. Is is it based in.
Speaker 1: Paris still or do they just move to Portugal? There was a couple of years ago they just moved it, I.
Speaker 2: Think, But Uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the the international orders acronyms.
Speaker 2: Is O S M T H.
Speaker 1: It's it's Latin and I'm not going to even try to pronounce that H word. It's it's long, and I don't speak Latin, but yeah, it's I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just have a feeling that you would probably enjoy it.
Speaker 1: If not, if like, what you're doing with the Knights of Columbus is time consuming as you're an officer, so I can imagine you know, no big deal, but I would I would be interested to see what you think about it.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'll remember that. I gotta say it out loud. O s N T H.
Speaker 2: Look up the American version s M O t J s.
Speaker 4: M O t J.
Speaker 2: Okay, I will actually have your number.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'll do that. Yeah. One other thing. I did not know this when I joined the Knights. Should have known, but I may have accidentally prevented myself from ever being able to travel to Russia because Russia considers the Knights of Columbus to be some kind of hostile foreign intelligence service.
Speaker 2: No, it's true.
Speaker 4: What it's because, uh, well, Knights of Columbus they're mostly in US, Canada, Mexico, and Philippines. Sure, but starting after like two thousand and five or something, we got council numbers in Poland and Ukraine now and yeah, in Ukraine, especially in the western part, a lot of that used to be Poland. And in fact, the main archbishop for the Ukrainian councils when you when you when you read, he's actually Polish. Yeah, but yeah, there there there are a few Ukrainian ones too, and of course there's none. There are no councils in Russia, and they consider us. I did not know this when I joined, but you know, hopefully things will work out peacefully over there a decade from now or something, and maybe I can go there someday.
Speaker 1: How does Russia view Roman Catholicism. I know they're down with the Russian Orthodox and Eastern Orthodox and all that, but how are they How do they feel about the Vatic Not necessarily this current pope. But you know what I'm saying, you know more about Russian culture than I do, by leaps and bounds. Do typical Russian people have like issues with the Roman Catholic.
Speaker 4: Faith a little bit? Yeah, So Poland is very Catholic, and Poland is one of Russia's biggest historic enemies.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 4: And also well not like Napoleon wasn't very Catholic, but the Napoleon's War against Russia really, you know, drew a lot from Western Europe, and Russia is very paranoid about Western Europe and the Catholic Churgia. I wish I knew, you know, deeper back in history before the sixteen hundreds, but Poland invaded and conquered Moscow for two years and sixteen nine to sixteen eleven, I think, and there had been even historic conflict before that. So Russia, yeah, doesn't really like Western Europe, doesn't really like the Catholic Church. Oh yeah, speaking of Napoleon, And I know, yesterday was Christmas in Russia because they did not adopt the Gregorian calendar a thousand years ago, so their calendar was like twelve days off. And also that day is celebrated as the victory Day against Napoleon, where you know, he brought about six hundred thousand troops into Russia, only about half of them were French, but that was about the time they kicked them out. So it's a dual big holiday over there on January seventh, and it's just a big part of the reason they don't. They're very suspicious of Western Europe and the other big wars that they had were the Great Northern War with the King of Sweden in about seventeen oh three to seventeen ten, I want to say, and then of course napoleon first decade of the eighteen hundreds, and then the World Wars of course, especially Hitler so and they kind of, you know, jumble up all the Western Europeans as one big group in their heads. They know there's distinctions, Yeah, but it's like they don't just blame Germany for World War Two. There were Hungarian and Romanian and plenty of other non German troops invading Russia. And World War Two there were plenty of non French troops invading and Napoleon's army, and yeah, they're just they overall feel like, why does the West hate us and look us look down on us so much? We just basically got to always be suspicious of them. And the Catholic Church falls into that bucket too.
Speaker 2: Also of Napoleon.
Speaker 1: He's the only reason why I'm my Order of Knighthood exists, come to find out. So, yeah, I didn't know that I found that out later on if you look back in the histories in the seventeen hundreds when because we are a modern group of Templars, not some secret society thereof, we hold true to the original values of the Templars as far as Christian charity and trying to maintain a Christian presence in the Holy Land is at all times, like twenty four to seven. As a matter of fact, this spring there's an excavation being done on one of our guys got like the exclusive rights to dig at a newly discovered templar outpost from I want to say it was like the Second Crusade, so really excited about that.
Speaker 2: But we fund a couple of hospitals, a couple of schools.
Speaker 1: There's you know, scholarship programs that you can do to put to help Christian families put children in school, because a lot of people don't understand that, like Israel really doesn't like Christians all, especially not in Jerusalem. People would think that they're pretty widely accepted as like brethren, not even a little bit. They're seen more like social pariahs by most of the nation. So we actually the resources that we send them actually does go to good uses.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, off tangent on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, apparently Napoleon whenever, because the Knights Templar were ousted in such a grandiose way by the Pope and the King of France. Napoleon when he took over, took away a lot of the edicts that the French monarchy put in place, one of them being orders of knighthood, are now accepted because you know, he was all about empirical things, not monarchical things, and.
Speaker 2: That whole shabam.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's the history of it is actually pretty rich and fascinating.
Speaker 2: But Anthony, your hand is raised.
Speaker 5: Hey, So being a pagan, got a question if jew, if Jews don't like Christian why is there such a such a Christian support for the Jews, because like they killed your Messiah.
Speaker 2: Oh we're going deep on this one.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well it doesn't make sense to me at all.
Speaker 4: It really depends what group of Christians you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Like, I mean, you look at it this way, bro King Richard the Lionheart, Okay, this bastion of Christian Protestantism and all these things. And actually he was a Catholic Mystacond, but he led a crusade he was, actually he was the King of England, but was barely in England because he kept crusading and shit. Right, So when he took the throne, his first order of business was to like slaughter two thousand Jews in London. And the reason for that actually is also convoluted as hell, but it furthers your point. There was rules in England that the Jews could not go into the royal court or they weren't allowed to go to the specific area. And whenever he took the throne, they had a couple members of the.
Speaker 2: More well to do.
Speaker 1: Jewish society in England that came to bring gifts to him, and the guards stopped them and if I'm not mistaken, did some damage to.
Speaker 2: Them, as like how dare you even do this?
Speaker 1: And the local inhabitants saw them doing this and kind of went on a rampage and next thing you know, there was a little bit of a pogram or early pogram, and then Richard like kind of it was like a victory lap. It was like a warm up round for them, and then they went and did some heinous things to the Islamic and Jewish people of the area when they got there. So Okay, to further your point, we as Christians, and again it really depends on which group of Christians you're talking to, which time and era you're talking about, and.
Speaker 2: Which country we are speaking about.
Speaker 1: In America today, the vast majority of people who are a Christian who also have a die hard support of Israel would be the Evangelicals more than the other denominations, I would think.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: A lot of that is because of political reasons, but.
Speaker 1: They will also mention in time prophetic messages as a reason why we need to protect Israel at all costs, because Jesus can't come back until the nation of Israel is one nation again, right, And so that narrative has been kind of thrown out and drug through and it's been on repeat. Then you also look at it at the fact of the same way that the Muslims view Jews as like, well, now, I was about to get dangerous on that one. The Abrahamic faith all stems from Abraham, right, and so his two sons. There's a certain group that believes that they're the descendants of this son, and then there's these two groups that see that they are the descendants of this other son. Right, Jacob, who later changed his name to Israel, and his twelve sons that broke up into the twelve tribes of Israel.
Speaker 2: Well, eleven of them inherited the land.
Speaker 1: The tribe of Dan was kicked out and they're not going to come back to the end times. And then the tribe of Levi, his son Levi became the Levite priests, and they didn't actually inherit any land. So the nation of Israel was broken up into ten quadrants of land ran by ten tribes, all descendants of these sons. The Muslims believe because of Mohammad, that they are the descendants of the other son and that they are the rightful inheritors of that land, even though within the Qur'an it clearly says that the sons of Israel are supposed to inherit that land, but they don't want to talk about that whatever. But all that to say, Christians view Jews or Judaism, I should say as the precursor. It's like where it's what the Old Testament is. Jesus came not to take away the old laws, but to fulfill the old laws, and that was a big thing that Jesus talked about.
Speaker 2: It's like, okay, when he.
Speaker 1: Criticized the Pharisees, and he even said, you tie the tenth out of your spice gardens, but you deny the poor down your street. What he was saying is, yes, you are correct by your laws, but you're still not right because the reason for that law is so that the poor can eat. That the whole rule of tithe side tangent on that the reason why tithe is a rule.
Speaker 2: It was a tenth.
Speaker 1: A farmer would leave a tenth of his crop unharvested for the poor in his community to come and harvest for themselves. That was his way of paying his tithe from his harvest. And things like that were very above Abrahamic law. And then I'm not saying the talmud, I mean the law set down by Moses and the law set down by the way that the Jews and the Hebrews have done business up until the point of Jesus. The Pharisees took that and would follow it to the letter, but they would also they made it to where there was a level of haves and have nots. Jesus was saying, Okay, you're doing this, but you're still not taking care of the poor.
Speaker 2: I am here to take care of everybody.
Speaker 1: And so Christians followed the example set forth by Jesus and his disciples and the apostle Paul. The Jews follow the examples set forth by Moses and Abraham and then the writers of the Talmudic texts.
Speaker 2: So Christians see.
Speaker 1: Them as kind of like our second cousins, you know what I mean, and not necessarily fondly, but not necessarily hateful either. But again, it depends on which group you're talking to. Right, the Klan sees themselves as a Christian order and they hate the Jews. Meanwhile, you have Messianic Jews who are Jewish by descent and by religion, who also acknowledge that Jesus is their Messiah, and they had this whole other brand of what they would call Messianic Judaism.
Speaker 2: I would call more Jewish Christianity.
Speaker 1: So it really depends on why and what group you're talking to and about. In our modern era, I would say that it is way more politically based than religiously dogmatic. But I feel like they're using one to enhance the other, and vice versa. If that makes sense. Tony feel free to chime in here and and give your two cents.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I agree with pretty much everything you said. I think you got a little bit about Abraham's genealogy a little office. Maybe it makes the two up Ishmael, which became the Arabs and Isaac, and Isaac had twelve sons became the twelve tribes of Israel, including wait.
Speaker 2: Was it Isaaca, had Esa, Jajacob Jacob.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's another generation bad. Yes, yeah, it's my bad too. But yeah, that's some of the ancient beliefs there. So it said that the descendants of Abraham would inherit the territory from the Nile to the Euphrates, and that's pretty much what happened. But there's some people in Israel who believe in this greater Israel idea where they think Israel will be all that territory and that's like twenty times bigger than Israel already is.
Speaker 1: Now, Dude, I saw a picture of that map recently. I had never heard that before until like two weeks ago. Somebody was like, if you look at the true map of what the original Israelites believed their land was, it's like half of Saudi Arabia into Egypt up to it's a wild track of land.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's huge, isn't it. Yeah, I've seen it. It seems kind of unre realistic. I don't think they'll ever get that much now. But yeah, the Twelve Tribes, I was looking into this a little month ago. Before the Assyrian conquest, they owned pretty much all of what's now Israel except for the Gaza Strip and Ashkalan and Ashdod, which are close to Gaza. But in addition to what they have now, they had the entire West Bank, and they had an equivalent sized chunk of territory to the east of the Jordan River in what is now Jordan, which is currently like way off limits to them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But yeah, historical Israel was way smaller than this greater Israel idea from the Nile to the Euphrates that some of them have now. And hopefully, you know, they piped down and can establish some permanent borders and finally have some peace there within the next couple of decades. That's my hope.
Speaker 2: Agreed. I also go ahead.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, yeah, just for like, who supports you know, Israel most why. I think there's a few reasons. There's this Protestant idea that it's mostly American Protestants who do. The Catholic Church is kind of more neutral on them. In fact, they didn't The Catholic Church didn't have an embassy in Israel un til nineteen ninety. But then again, they still have an embassy in Taiwan, and they recognize Taiwan as independent, so they move a little slower than any other country in terms of politics.
Speaker 2: Do you see Taiwan as independent? The way you said that has to make me question it personally.
Speaker 4: No is a short answer.
Speaker 1: But really I call China East Taiwan or West Taiwan at this.
Speaker 2: Point, I love it.
Speaker 1: Actually, I'm taking that from habitual line cross or he's a dude on YouTube who's hilarious and he's in China. By calling them West Taiwan, I think it's hilarious.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I think in general, I'm in favor of self determination of these territories, including Taiwan, Hong Kong, shin Jiug, Tibet. But China's their people have this real phobia of being divided, and that's why they accept. Okay, I guess we're going to be one country and communist or just whatever whatever communism means. That they just they really want to be unified because they're really afraid of being conquered by Mongolians or Japanese or Westerners.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: And you know, actually my wife's family, her dad was born in Taiwan, and you know, I would never say tell him that. Oh yeah, but yeah that they're they're really uh yeah, he's he's from that Quoman tongue branch. And yeah, they really don't like the Chai cooms.
Speaker 2: All right, So back to the whole Israel situation.
Speaker 4: Sorry side, oh uh, actually, I think I might be a little done with that, but I had a question for Anthony. Well, actually I already asked it. It's about the ancestor worship, but I just wanted to emphasize this point because I read a great article called bring out your Dad dot Com a couple of years ago that talked about how ancestor worship was so common in the pagan world, in the Roman world, the Germanic world, and in East Asia and the Catholic Church, even though they're considered like the ancestor worshiping uh denomination of Christianity. Now, a thousand years ago, they they went on a rampage trying to crush ancestor worship in Europe, and they.
Speaker 2: Because they're seeing because of the saints.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're seemed that way because of the saints. Now, I mean there's veneration of saints when people ask saints for intercession. People some people even ask their their you know, de seize great grandparents for intercession. And that's how people become saints. It's because if people ask for their intercession and then it's perceived that a miracle happened as a result of that, then that person might become a saint. So the guy who started the Knights of Columbus, this was a guy named Michael mc givney, and he's currently a blessed status and if he gets like three miracles ascribed to his name, he might become a saint.
Speaker 2: Is mother Teresa Scene as a saint? I thought she was canonized, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah pretty recently. Yeah, I don't know, ten years ago maybe mm hmmm. Yeah. So yeah, people ask for your intercession and then miracles happen and they're perceived to be attributed attributable to you, you can become a canonized saint. And yeah, that's so. And we've also got all Saints Day and all Soul's Day. So ancestor worship has kind of come back into the Catholic Church. But a thousand years ago they were trying to stamp it out because it was competition to Christianity or Catholicism, which was kind of like the only version of Christianity in Western Europe at the time. So they really stamped it out among the Germanic and you know, pre Christian Roman world at the time. So that's why I was asking the question if it's still done. Yeah, yeah, it makes sense that it would be.
Speaker 2: So what is your personal belief on that?
Speaker 1: Not necessarily the veneration of saints, but asking saints for their aid or intercession? Actually, know what better? What is your take on Mother Teresa? You're a well read individual. You know that it wasn't exactly what we were told in the beginning. Now, I'm not asking you to go against the Catholic Church with this, but what is your personal belief on that.
Speaker 4: I have heard some very negative opinions about her, like she was given most of her money just straight to the church hierarchy that she raised. If that's true, I don't know, screwer, I guess I don't know. I have not looked really deeply into it.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's fair. What is your take on praying to saints or asking for them to intercede in your personal affairs? Do you believe this to be something that does or do you believe it's something that you do or you believe in.
Speaker 4: I should say I guess it's something I do believe in it, but I don't really do it super often all the time. We say prayers before going to bed and before eating, sure, but normally not bringing saints into it. Mary is definitely the biggest one. And we got this the Rosary for anyone who doesn't know, it's a series of prayers with five our fathers and fifty three Hail Mary's. And yeah, Mary's pretty big. I feel like Mary's not as big for me as she is for many other Catholics.
Speaker 2: And here's man, do you believe Jesus had brothers?
Speaker 4: I think no. I think he had cousins, and that the word for brother and cousin were just the same thing. I believe that he he was conceived miraculously and that he was conceived immaculately, And you know, the story just kind of has to go this way. At the same time. I can understand why other people would scoff at that and go, oh man, he was just a dude, and they made up this story later. In fact, I think that the whole idea that he was born in Bethlehem instead of Nazareth. Nazareth, Yeah, Nazareth, that's the name of it. It might it may have just been retconned into the Bible. I know, I'm not supposed to say that, you know, if I'm reading it with the most critical eye possible. You know, there's an Old Testament prophecy about some savior coming from Bethlehem, and it's kind of convenient that, oh, well, you know, let's just say he was born there. It's kind of like people arguing over where Obama was born. It's like, oh, he might have been born here, he might have been born there. It's significant for some reason.
Speaker 1: Dude, I just heard for the first and I was raised Roman Catholic up until I was about thirteen or fourteen years old, I you know, left the face.
Speaker 2: I guess I'm technically an apostate. I don't know. No, I was never confirmed, so I can't be an apostate. Whatever.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I just heard that the belief is that Mary was also born of an immaculate conception. I was under the impression that Jesus was the only one that had that title.
Speaker 2: But this was news to me.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, the immaculate conception dogma I think goes back to eighteen seventy or something.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: Well, actually it does go back way farther than that. But it was declared to be universally binding and you have to believe it in eighteen seventy. And then there was another one. See was the one that it was the only other time in history papal infallibility has been invoked. It was in nineteen fifty. Maybe that was Immaculate Conception.
Speaker 2: Was that the Vatican two.
Speaker 4: Nineteen fifty, This would be like fourteen years before that. Okay, but anyway, yeah, let me tell you about these other Marion dogmas in case anyone else is going to be interested in it.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you said the Marian dogma. Have you ever heard of the Marriyists?
Speaker 4: Marius?
Speaker 2: They were a brother order to the Jesuits.
Speaker 1: Although that was the Society of Jesus, the Catholic Church at one point in time had the Society of Mary, and they were a fascinating subculture of priests and brothers and monks and these things.
Speaker 4: Bro uh huh, okay, I'll have to google them. But there's this current push among a minority of Catholics, a small group of them too. I don't know codify or make a mandatory these three two or three New Marian dogmas. One is that she is the co Redemptricks and the second one is that she is mediatrics of all graces. But luckily, in my opinion, these have all just gotten kind of shut down, so they're not happening because doesn't the Bible say somewhere in the New Testament that Jesus is the only mediator? And I mean, passing something like this would just really anger the Protestants for no reason that I'm kind of.
Speaker 2: Glad As a Protestant that sounds wild to me.
Speaker 4: Well, there's some people pushing for it, and I'm glad they're not getting traction.
Speaker 2: With our current pope. Dude, I could see them maybe having it.
Speaker 1: He might have an ear for this, He's got some different ideas about the future of the church. They may actually get an audience with him.
Speaker 4: Honestly, Wow, Well, maybe I haven't seen evidence of it. He he seems kind of like Biden to me. He just kind of says whatever's on his mind, but he gets distracted easily, and like, uh, yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of him, but I won't like say super negative things about him either.
Speaker 1: To be honest, brother, most American Roman Catholics are not a big fan of old Pope Francis. I will say I had a lot of hope for him when he first took on the position or it was elected to the position. Excuse me, because he was such an outlier and because he was so different than everything that's been done in the past. It almost seemed like this might be the revitalization, the rejuvenation of the Catholic faith. And if I'm not mistaken, the Catholic faith in America the numbers seem to be going down, but around the world the numbers seem to be growing. So I mean, it was maybe there was something to that, but I'm agreeing with you. He seems very Biden slash Obama esque, more polling the current cultural feeling and then going off of that rather than what and maybe maybe I don't know if the Holy Father is telling him to do these things.
Speaker 2: I am of my own beliefs on that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, he's a little too different and not in a positive light, and I think that's kind of the going consensus, at least in our culture.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's not conservative enough for me. I think that the reforms of Vatican Two, the Second Vatican Council in like nineteen sixty two to sixty four, were not helpful. I really like the Latin language.
Speaker 2: I was gonna ask, have you ever been to a Latin mass dog?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, several back in California, but there's a few in the in the Dallas area too. I have not been to one yet, but I would be down to go.
Speaker 2: It was a whole different far away.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I don't mean that negatively. I mean there's like, I'm with you, I'm a I'm a fan of the Latin language. I think it's beautiful. That's why for the longest time I was more into the King James Bible because it was the alleged for translation from and I think that in that form it's actually more it's poetic, almost.
Speaker 2: But I also understand why.
Speaker 1: People would look more towards the Greek translations of the Greek manuscripts, being more of a source, and I I would like to get more into the Septuagint and more into the the Codex Sinaticus. Which did you see the wes Huff Joe Rogan debate, no debate episode.
Speaker 4: Excuse me, Wes I've never even heard of that guy.
Speaker 1: Wes Huff is the guy who just skull dragged Billy Carson for all these crazy claims he was making about how the Bible said that Jesus never actually was crucified and said this, and if you look at the Sinai Bible it says this. You look at the Gospel of Judas that says this, the Gospel of Barnabas. And he's been making these claims in the social media space and on podcasts for years now, unchecked, and he didn't fully understand that he was about to step up to the plate against an actual biblical scholar who doesn't just have a doctorate in these things, works with the actual physical original manuscripts and transcribes them and does these things. And it was embarrassing for Billy Carson. And then he went on to file seasoned assist orders against this guy to try to keep that podcast from being released. It did not work. He tried hitting him with slap lawsuits. The guy's Canadian, so I don't think Billy Carson fully understand understood what it takes to have an international lawsuit get pushed forward. But like you ain't got the pockets deep enough and good luck kind of thing. So it's it has really shaken up this whole Toath being Atlantean, these emerald tablets and that group of people who have been looking at Billy Carson as such a source. This has thrown a massive wrench in their gears, which does make me happy. Not gonna lie, but that guy just went on Joe Rogan's podcast and he is He spoke to him basically about the original texts written by the original eyewitness accounts of the followers of Jesus, and he actually brought a thing. Actually, I'm not gonna play the clips, it's worth looking into. Right around the like the one hour and fifty five minute mark of the episode between Joe Rogan and west Huff. But he gives him a small like a piece of a manuscript, and on one side it is the.
Speaker 2: It's the the section of the Bible.
Speaker 1: I want to say, it's the Book of Matthew possibly where it's Poncious Pilot and Jesus having a verbal exchange, right, and on one side it's written in Pontious Pilot's speech.
Speaker 2: He says, what is truth?
Speaker 1: Right, and forget what it was, but he was speaking to the crowd and he was saying, like, you know, you're saying this, You're saying this, what is the truth of it?
Speaker 2: On the backside of it.
Speaker 1: Because the early Christians were the first ones to stop writing on scrolls and start actually making books out of things. Now there were some scrolls, of course used, but when the first Christians started to really compile their literature, they were making books.
Speaker 2: Not scrolls.
Speaker 1: And on the flip side of this, it is Jesus's speech and he says, I am truth. Now the two are not like this was said then this was said. They're at different sections of it. But this one fragment of this text has it on it and he actually made a correct copy of it and gave the Rogan as a gift.
Speaker 2: It was fascinating, fascinating interview.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so they now believe that they can the Kodak Sinaticus, which is the as we understand it, currently, the oldest fully put together book of the Bible, or like the entirety of it. And this would have been extremely expensive to produce. And the reason why is because it's all on lambs skin, and there was like one hundred and thirty six lambs killed for the skin to make this book. And the only people that would have had the means and the funds and all that to order this to be made and to afford for it to be made, it would have been the Christians. The early Christians were mostly you know, the women in the slave population of this area of the world, at least that's where it took off in the main in the beginning of it anyway, So they believe that Kodex Snantikus was actually a book commissioned by Justinian because when he was about to make his proclamations or the edicts I should say, uh, making Christianity legal and then all these things, he wanted to find out what do these Christians actually believe, because by the time Justinian came around or Constant I should say, they the Gnostics were running around saying wild things. This group was running around saying wild things. There was these other groups of Messiah followers, not of Jesus but of these other types of massias that popped around around the turn of the you know, zero AD, and so he wanted to know what did the true followers of this you know, Christian guy, what do they really believe? So he commissioned a series of books to be made. We are now of the belief that this was one of those books, and the sources that they were deriving it from is allegedly three years after the time of Jesus death. So we are talking about actual eyewitness accounts of his death, his resurrection, walking the earth for forty days after that, preaching to the hundreds of people before ascending into heaven.
Speaker 2: All of that is now being verified through multiple first person eyewitness accounts, and he was talking about it on this podcast. It's mind blowing, dude.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm going to look that up for sure.
Speaker 1: Then it's a three hour pod, but it is worth the three hours, bro, especially during the driving that you do.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I did hear something about that Billy Carson character. You mentioned. This must have happened a month or two ago.
Speaker 2: About a month ago, Yeah, yeah, And I mean he just handled it's so poorly.
Speaker 1: He could have just taken the l and been like, all right, listen, maybe I'm not as well versed in the Bible as I have claimed to be, but I still know about the Samerian tablets.
Speaker 2: I still know about this. I still know about this.
Speaker 1: Like he could have done that and just taken that L and made it a lowercase L. But my god, he did everything in his power to dig a hole for himself. And then the homeboy, still as we are speaking right now, has not put down the shovel. It's it's bad. He's like spiraling. But and that makes me really happy.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie. I do not like him at all.
Speaker 1: But anyway, sorry, you were you were talking to Anthony, and you and I got on this whole other tangent on this. But Anthony, to circle back to the question you asked earlier, did we do a decent job of answering why so many Christians in America are so pro Israel?
Speaker 4: You did?
Speaker 5: From from from a Christian perspective, it makes sense. I do just have to add that for myspect you know, being pagan, night Norse, Pagan, Anglo Saxon pagan. Yeah, we're trying to even Odin's trying to avoid Ragnarok at any cost, like.
Speaker 3: That's gonna suck. People are gonna die.
Speaker 5: So the concept of trying to hasten armageddon seems seems dumb. But yeah, from the outside looking in, uh no, no shade being thrown.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I get it.
Speaker 1: And it's there is a group that is absolutely trying to hasten it. I'm not saying that they don't exist, but for me, as a Christian, for instance, I am super happy that Israel is a nation again, not because it will bring about the end times, but because that's kind of what has to happen.
Speaker 2: The same way that we don't see Christians don't see the.
Speaker 1: Jews as the quote unquote bad guys, even though they are directly responsible for murdering our Lord and Savior. We see it as they were supposed to. And Jesus knew that. That's why he was so calm about it when he went to the to the Last Supper and he told his boys, like, yo, this is about to happen. I'm about to be killed. He knew that he was born to be sacrificed. That was the entire reason for him living. We see it as what it has to be this way, like it's not fun. It's not fair, but like no one said the life was ever going to be fair, right, But that's basically, it's not that it's we should keep it from happening. It's that it's gonna happen anyway, whether we're on board with it or not. But if we are supposed to be people of faith and the book says that this is going to happen this way, we should welcome it as a sign of the times.
Speaker 2: That's at least from my perspective, Tony, your.
Speaker 4: Thoughts, Yeah, I'm going to sound a bit like a leftist for a second year, but screw it. I think that Zionism, in the understanding of a lot of American evangelical primarily white people, is it's the last acceptable form of white identitarianism and colonialism. I know that sounds all left wing, but you know, white people went through our manifest destiny phase to conquer North America and wipe out most of the Indians, and there's you know, a massive, you know, guilt trip from the left about that now. But for some reason, you know, Israel's similar idea of manifest destiny that they're successfully implementing right now, and that they have been for the past decades.
Speaker 2: Over in Israel from the river to the sea. Man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's uh, it's well, their own version of it is a little more sheltered because if you speak too negatively about that, you will be called an anti Semite.
Speaker 1: So it's cool again, It's like really cool in the popular of zeitgeist to be an anti Semite these days.
Speaker 2: It's wild how they flip flop so fast.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's I think part of that is that it's just been long enough since World War Two that you know, a lot of younger adults now they the whole story of the Holocaust, which really did happen. It just doesn't resonate with them as much. Right and yeah, on the far right especially, but i'd say on the mainstream left, the criticism of Israel is also a lot more popular, especially among non white people.
Speaker 2: Which is wild because most Jews in America are liberal. That's so wild to me.
Speaker 4: Uh huh. But you know, even as far back as the sixties, like black people, the followers of Malcolm X, they were not Israel supporters. They looked at what was going on over there. They you know, brown people see this as white people beaten up on brown people. Basically, but you know, white right wing leaning, and I'm talking about mainstream kosher right, not far right, fringe right, yeah, which is kind of more like what I am in most ways. But in mainstream right wing white Americans, yeah, they must feel like they have a right to exist. And you know, is Israel, they they they see a lot of fraternity with Israel. They think Israel is our people and the Muslims over there are not our people. And I know, I know it sounds, you know, kind of cringe, but Zionism kind of is the last mostly politically acceptable form of white colonialism.
Speaker 2: I'll give you that.
Speaker 1: And and to further that point, the oh my god, dude, I heard this recently. A lot of people believe that, like most Mexicans right, that that that is also some form of well, I'm gonna go off one, thank you, said Malcolm X earlier. That makes me think of the Nation of Islam, which we did a whole episode on the cult Conspiracy about their beliefs, which.
Speaker 2: Is absolutely mind blowing.
Speaker 1: What that cult really believes is truth that white people were creating six hundred years of forced breeding to create it.
Speaker 2: It's a whole thing, whole thing.
Speaker 1: But in that same regard they believe that Mexican and Native American people because they say, well, Mexicans are Native Americans, they're Aztecs. And it's like, hmm, do y'all have any idea what the Spanish did to the natives to create what we now call Mexico. It's like that was their own version of manifest destiny, Like real shit, So I think you're onto something here, bro for real, Anthony, your hand is raised, sir.
Speaker 5: Or no, I my button was act the word. I didn't want to just dip out on you. I gotta go to bed, I gotta get.
Speaker 3: Up early.
Speaker 5: So I will see you all next week. And if you got anything you might want me.
Speaker 3: To freaking talk about next week, shoot.
Speaker 5: Me a message so I can have more than a half branded articulate answer.
Speaker 2: Okay, sounds good, brother.
Speaker 1: And to be honest with you, I think we might only go for another like ten or fifteen to be honest with you. But yeah, I'm glad you were able to stop in with us on this uh this first live again. I apologize about the technical difficulties. For some reason, my zoom was not acting correctly. Wouldn't let me post the link on Patreon, and then the camera that I usually use wouldn't sync to my laptop. This is, like you said, this is amateur hour up in here, but I mean kind of first time flying solo.
Speaker 2: And of course Murphy's law, if it can go wrong, it will go wrong.
Speaker 1: So I'm glad we were still able to make it happen, though, But thank you for joining us this evening, be Doug.
Speaker 3: Of course, and I will see you next week.
Speaker 2: Brother, Thank you, man, thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, before you go, any chance we could do this earlier, like eight pm or just have to be nine Central? Ah?
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm not really tied to any The only reason why I do nine is because I have to put my kids to bed when I have them, so usually their bedtime is about eight thirty, so I mean I can go a little bit earlier, but nine is typically like I could put them to bed, I get whatever housework done I need to get done, get everything set up, and then we start at nine. So depending on the week, I can go earlier, but dast thing. I don't want to jump nine one week, eight one week and whatever. I want to try to keep it standard, but I don't think we're ever gonna do three hour long on this because these episodes will be released on the Cult of Conspiracy on Thursdays. So like, as soon as we wrap here, I'm editing it and we're gonna promote pump it and it's gonna be out for everybody to hear for tomorrow.
Speaker 2: So but I'll do what i can.
Speaker 4: All right, Cool. Yeah, I'm just wondering, and yeah, I don't have much more to say, really, I mean, I just can't think of anything. Yeah about you, what's on your mind? Anything else you wanted to get to.
Speaker 1: Honestly, the only other thing I really wanted to talk about was the forest fires quote unquote you know, let's call them wildfires in California right now, which are But that's the thing.
Speaker 2: If we're gonna get started on that, we're gonna be here for.
Speaker 1: A whole another long one, and honestly, we're probably gonna do an episode on the Cult about it because there's it's very interesting the locations where these fires started.
Speaker 2: As all around LA.
Speaker 1: I'm wondering if they are not trying to take out the homeless population and or just take out La as a whole thing.
Speaker 2: I haven't heard anything about where.
Speaker 1: They started from, who started them if it's a terrorist plot, because we got that going on in this country right now, so I don't know, but that's the thing.
Speaker 2: We really don't have the.
Speaker 1: Time to get into that this evening, but uh, you know what, Yeah, we might as well wrap it here. So thank y'all for everybody that did make it out here, and to anybody listening to this on the Cult of Conspiracy, please come check out the Cajun Night Patreon account and join us next Wednesday night as we delve into all the other stuff that y'all want to get into. I love this, this open forum back and forth or exchanging ideas.
Speaker 2: I think we're all kind of growing as people as a result of it.
Speaker 1: And I had fun to see me so yes, indeed, with that being said, uh, we'll go ahead and wrap this and uh I'll catch you next time.