Speaker 1: Well, where is he?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I guess you forgot, but people seemed like me.
Speaker 3: Last week you stood in for mister teeny. Bu'd you like just standing for Christy?
Speaker 4: Oh well, it's one thing, the feeling for a monkey, but a comedy legend.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't dream of it.
Speaker 3: I respect it. Gangel run through. Okay, I didn't my four finger discount.
Speaker 5: Dude, welcome to four figure discount.
Speaker 3: It is the finale of season nineteen.
Speaker 6: That had told me ten years ago when we first started this podcast that i'd been reviewing the first nineteen seasons of The Simpsons. I would have laughed at you, But we're here, We're going to be reviewing all about Lisa.
Speaker 3: I'm Dando and I'm guys, and Dando was laughing at you for wholly different reasons these days. But uh no, he's not laughing about this, and neither was I. And all I say, oh worried. We were both of them worried. I was going in very concerned because the title would indicate that it's a least episode, which which is fine, which is fine.
Speaker 6: Let's go out the bed and when we see a Lisa title, now, let's not bothered anymore because we tend to enjoy them. That's a thing that bothered me, or to scared me for all of season eighteen. It was too much side show mail, too much side show mail and side yes. And then it feels like season nineteen they've put him into the way so a little bit, it's like, okay, well we realized this, we won't put in there. And then all of a sudden they went, oh shit, we forgot about mail. We've saved it all up for one last episode. Yeah, but and it's a big butt. It was appropriate and it worked.
Speaker 3: And there was a whole lot of it, Yeah, worse than you might expect. That's the thing.
Speaker 6: They used him sparingly, and it was used efficiently as well, as you said, And they gave some depth to the character to finally explain why would this guy stick around after being treated like dirt all these years? Why would he still want to be CRUSH's assistant. And it makes sense here that it's true and it works. Now they say they compare it here. I think Homer compared schi competite to checking your email, the addiction to getting that craving. Now it's notification on social media. Yes, it's just it's evolved to something different. But it's true when wrestlers are very similar in the sense that they can't A lot of them just can't retire because they missed that that influx of just what would you how would you describe it?
Speaker 3: Well, validation is one word, but I think recognition. Yeah, but it's like it's like a drug though. Just this crowd loves me, you know. Oh, they find people at various social media companies so well on the well on that, I mean, they're essentially pushes.
Speaker 6: Yep, and they constantly remind you we were on the Facebook group, right, Hey, keep engaging with your followers. They love when they hear from you, and I'm like, oh, okay, I'll do it if you say so. So I love engaging and I love being engaged with.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 6: Oh, now they've got the remember twelve months ago went oh this stuff happened. Wasn't that fun? Let's remind every one of what you did twelve months ago, and let's create a new memory's and shared them with your your fans, your friends who you never see in the real world anymore.
Speaker 3: But they're all your friends on social media. Well, these are all their friends of the Oh.
Speaker 6: Yeah, for forg your discat network, those people I'm talking in your personal Facebook?
Speaker 3: You know about actual friends who are really friends anyone?
Speaker 6: It's like yeah, it's like, hey, it's your seventeenth frindniversary with this guy from UNI who you haven't spoken to in seventeen years. Like, oh that guys, have you noticed I've noticed a lot lately. I think people have realized Facebook now it's full of ads, and it's full of just constant, just badgering of non friend related content and everyone. People are starting to go through their friend list and just culling it down to.
Speaker 3: Who do I really care about it?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 6: That's just what you do when you get older. Who do I really want to hear from anymore?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yes, your circle, Your circle shrieks, but it becomes stronger, that's it. Yeah. And I find now so many people pop up and suggested friends, and I go, we be friends. We're not friends. You've unfriended me credit we haven't spoken in twenty years because we were quote unquote friends.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but it's an interesting I want to be up because of this this story here. Why does that it doesn't I wouldn't say it bothers me but why does it?
Speaker 3: Sort of?
Speaker 6: I guess it slightly annoys me. They'll go, I've done nothing to you, so why do you want friend on Facebook anymore?
Speaker 7: I think?
Speaker 3: But you haven't spoken to him a tendee, So why does it bother me? Why should I care? But I do slightly care that they've unfriended me, even though I shouldn't. Oh, yeah, you're going to be like Michael Jordan, take it personally, Yeah, very very personal. Yeah, even though you have done supposedly nothing wrong. It makes even less sense if you have done nothing, if it's through inaction, as opposed to hey, fuck you and oh okay, well you've got to at ament you're wholly justified in unfriending me for doing that too.
Speaker 6: But the thing is, but I go, you've made the effort to unfriend me, You've gone, I don't want to be that. I've clicked no longer my friend.
Speaker 3: Get rid of them? What do I do because you did nothing? Yeah? Because and you feel like you owe them nothing. I've given them nothing. Yeah. And the reason you might feel bad about it is like, oh, do I bring nothing of value? Yeah? Do I bring anything to the table? And that's when you start to you know, maybe I don't get a little voice in your head like given some well.
Speaker 6: It putting more effort into these friendships. I find I don't put anywhere enough effort into friendships anymore. It's just, you know, you just go on social media, you like like a photo, and you go.
Speaker 3: Liking a photo. Isn't the same as calling someone and saying, hey, how you doing. No, I'm bad about it. I legitimately I made a mistake the other day. But yeah, a good friend of mine. These are friends that I've known from school for a very very long time. We will occasional. We're all you know when I say, we're in different cities, some recent Geelong, some rescent Melbourne. We will try to get together, maybe once every six months, usually once a year. You mentioned the one of my circle of friends, Will is very proactive in this regard. He's the one who will say, Okay, it's been enough time, let's get together. We'll have it at my place. I'm sick of kicking my girlfriend out. Bring your partners if you want. I thought i'd reply to this. It turns that I hadn't, But then a few other people hadn't as well. And Will send a strongly worded email the other day. Okay, okay, because your pricks are lazy, I'm not doing it at this time. We're not doing it at this time. Get your ship together and we'll do it another time.
Speaker 6: But sometimes you need to be told though, Oh yeah, And it's like I've got a story in regards to that. It's a long show about kids being told. Sometimes you just need to be woken up. Oh yeah, at the slumber of just But we're all like, oh god, damn it. Yeah, look we're ignorant, and you.
Speaker 3: Have to reply to your subconsciously went nah, I'll get to it. I'll get Yeah. Yeah. I think I'd probably like written a half a draft and was like, oh, something else because I've got my discount, I've got about Lisa Limited. Yes, yeah, I've got my undiagnosed ADHD and all that kind of stuff. But yeah, I mean it's a lot easier these days. You just go well, liking this photo or sending a little message like hey, looking good. Yeah, his name is Jared. He apparently likes that, apparently does like. It's no real substitute for getting in touch with they with a friend and saying, hey, you're doing shall we meet for dinner. But at the same time, the door does swing both ways. It's not all on you. It's also on the other person as well, and we will when we finally do get together, it's going to be like where it is. I feel bad. This is a really good time we're having. We should do this more often, and then we don't, and then we don't. We filled up the team just enough from this one meeting. Anyway, you were about to say about the Geelong Show, which is is it still longest? It finished Sunday, guys for the weekend doesn't Thursday, Friday Saturday so got washed out Friday so it was closed. That's yeah. May I just say something before you tell your Geelong Show story, is that the Lovely Luisa's Sun Felix was mad on going to the show on Friday and he was just anyway, Friday, just that's the time to go. None of us know why.
Speaker 6: I felt like Friday night when I was a kid, Friday nights seemed to be the one because you'd be at school with all your frink thing. I'll see you at the show tonight.
Speaker 3: This may well have been it, but it was hitting with various texts sort of explaining his case, not all that eloquently loose responses. Basically, have you looked out the window? It was forty days and forty nights of rain in Geelong on it was mental, it was washed out. Yeah yeah, but he was like, it's good.
Speaker 7: Is it good?
Speaker 3: He's just a little moist. Yeah, he didn't really care about how terrible the weather was. Gelong Show Facebook page of going, don't worry about it, it's fine, guys were good. Look it's a bit of sun in the sky and everyone's like, you're fucking insane, you are, And it turns out Saturday it was really nice day. It was amazing. That's when we went, yeah, okay, so but one of the times they came around phillags like eh, not interested. I didn't go, but tell us your Geelong shows.
Speaker 6: But before we get into the Gelong show stories. Because it's Holly's birthday. That's why we went.
Speaker 3: Why we went.
Speaker 6: But it's a happy birthday to Holly. Four Yeah, twenty four all about Lisa. Just get back a track. Oh yeah, I like the episode.
Speaker 3: I thought it was pretty good.
Speaker 6: I don't as far as season finales go, I've got here. This wasn't like an overly all out finale, But are they ever really besides the couple. They never usually go all the way back to season I want to say seven, when it's the summer of four foot two. That's not an all that episode, that just a lease of discovery. They tend to go to Lisa stories.
Speaker 3: What would you expect from or when you think of a season finale, what do you think of or what would you like?
Speaker 6: Well, I it depends on what kind of show it is, obviously, but you think when you're going you want to go out with a bang.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: If I'm working on the sims, I want to go out with something that's making you want to come back again.
Speaker 3: Yeah. See, I'm always thinking when I think of finales, I think it's sounded like Game of Thrones, which would often have the second last episode, the penolon episode would often have like the big battle, yeah, okay, something like that, and then the final episode would be a bit of a yeah not hangover from the previous battle. I was like, oh my god, we've killed so many people, exhausted or whatever. First half of the last episode is dealing with the repercussion of that second half is what's going to happen moving forward. Yeah, so it's kind of a place out of for the following season. So yeah, I mean it's I'm of the mind that the final episode of the show, or the final episode of the season is rarely the big or sometimes that's a show that's a different thing. You're right, You're right.
Speaker 6: I remember because it was season four they ended with the Crusty gets canceled before the guest stars. I just think that they tend to kick off the season now with as many guestars as possible.
Speaker 3: They did it with Bart's birthday this year.
Speaker 6: I just think that I don't know, as if I'm working on The Simpsons, I would want to go out with the Banks. Everyone goes ship. That was fun, and he might even go that was actually a good season.
Speaker 3: I mean, this wasn't well, this wasn't star packed at or didn't have any oh Handrew carry Yeah, apologies and cameo. Apologies to that man. But yeah, for the most part, this was just a I don't know, a pretty good episode the Simpsons.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was just a nice sort of I found it a similar vibe to any given Sundance, where it's like a Leasa Discovery episode yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't know, what's Lisa's sort of discovering about herself or what are we discovering about Lisa. No, a whole lot. I mean discovering about Lisa her stuff.
Speaker 6: I guess it's just saw the end go how it ended that one there, whereas you know what I need, I doesn't need to go back to my family. This one here it was a similar vibe where it's just her gone back with the family and then that's the end of the episode.
Speaker 3: I guess. Yeah, it didn't feel quite as distinct the message in this in this particular episode, Yeah, I don't know. I did like the b plot though. The collecting.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they didn't overdo it. They didn't sort of like try to drag it out. Was just here to sort of fill some gaps. But as someone who has collected cards and things over the years, I really liked the way once they finally got that coin, let's put it on a shelf and look at it again. What is the purpose of collecting? How often do we collect things and just put it away?
Speaker 3: I think it is It is really the hunting and not the getting right.
Speaker 6: It's an iced eating right probably, Yeah, But how often though, I've was talking to a mate yesterday. It was yesterday day before at Holy's birthday party.
Speaker 3: Another dad.
Speaker 6: He buys legos, right, and he goes, I've got so many legos that have never opened. He goes, I think I feel like the idea of building it is going to be so much more fun than the actual build, because once it's built, I'll be disappointed that I can't then have that idea of oh, I can't wait to build that. I'm similar with like movies. I have movies in my watches and I go, but once I've watched it, oh, no longer have that feeling.
Speaker 3: Of oh I can't wait to watch this, Oh, just the right time. Yeah, yeah, I'm very much the same. Yeah, it's weird how we just do that, but we're weird creatures. Oh yeah, I mean I was and still aim to some degree of like, oh, I've got to have all the films like this directory is one of my favorites. Okay, yeah, and who is your favorite director? That's a tough one. Okay for another show.
Speaker 6: We could go on and that will save that for another show. It's literally launching next week, we promise. We've been teasing it for too long.
Speaker 3: But say you're like David Fincher who made Seven and Zodiac and all that kind of stuff. It's like, oh, yeah, this guy's a really good filmaker. I've got to have all these films. It's like, how many times have I rewatched the copy of Gone Girl that I actually bought. It's a fantastic movie. How many times have you opened it? Never? I mean, I'm sure there were some in there. I was like, Oh, you've still got the plastic on you when I bought you like six years ago.
Speaker 6: I had a lot in there. I just I'm like, I just like knowing that I've got it if I do want to watch it.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, because they're hearing more and more horror stories about oh yeah they yanked this from the from the streaming platform, or they edited it or something like that. It's the editing, the editing.
Speaker 6: Did you see the video that was going around on Twitter of the end of Psycho So oh yeah, with his face and the small screen and it's it's.
Speaker 3: Like, ah, ship terrible, terrible, terrible. Yeah. Now we were talking about at least, but I did want to talk about the show.
Speaker 6: Oh, it was just about putting kids in his place, just a story reminded me because we're at the Gelong Show and Holly in just been on the ghost Train of Nicola. At this time, Elliott was fine, Holly is still a.
Speaker 3: Bit that was scary, right, so we said just to cheer her up. Right.
Speaker 6: I feel like they've strategically done this. Right right next to the ghost train is this super fun, happy slide inflatable thing and it's like, I reckon. The kids that get scared from the ghost train, their parents go here, go on the slide that's fun, just as I can't them down. Holly's on there, blah blah blah. And so Holly's four now Elliott six. There's two kids that are on there.
Speaker 3: I reckon.
Speaker 6: They would have been at least nine ten, these two boys. And this is his Cardie there rough as anything a Carney right and the kit we love we love Carnies. And one of the kids sort of push Holly the ways he's going up the ladder in the middle because it's ladder up the middle and two slides on the.
Speaker 3: Side, like inflatable slides.
Speaker 6: And he goes, oh, you cut that out, and the kids at of looked at me and say, yeah, shut up. Bold mate, whatever, and then whatever, And about thirty seconds later he pushes Holly Air out of the way again and I kid you not direct quote.
Speaker 3: This guy goes O you you get the fuck off? What do we say? We love Karnis. I was like, this guy gives no shit, and Nicholas like, you probably shouldn't swear, you know what. Some kids just need to be told, Oh yeah, get the fuck off at the top of his lug. Sometimes you need to hear an f bomb from an adult.
Speaker 6: And they looked at him differently that time. They went, oh, he means business. Do not f with this Cardie.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, just get the FuG off. I was like, what a man. There's probably a term in Australia that it's not carne. It's probably something. Oh yeah, I don't care. Carnie's the Cardie coat. It's great you look. I see you every year doing this same fucking ride every time. I love it. Probably a dope lifestyle, actually no, probably a terrible life style.
Speaker 6: But you know, you gotta like sort of haggle your way through life kind of thing. You build the rides or whatnot. Be I don't know, mate, just but you know, at the.
Speaker 3: End of the day you've dismantled the tilted world or whatever you can just you know, it's the Pixie life style on that art rip the lid off a beer. Yeah we did it right. They made a lot. They must make a fortune, mate, cardies love them. You look at you go.
Speaker 6: You are definitely a family. The two brothers doing wearing the scary mask in the ghost train. My mama's doing the tickets and dad's pushing the go button.
Speaker 3: I love it. Oh fantastic.
Speaker 6: But yeah that I want to give a shout to that guy. I told the boys to get off good times anyway, So yeah, all about Lisa, A really fun story. Now they mentioned here, I thought, you know how we say the unified theory for fing a discount.
Speaker 3: This is kind of like that.
Speaker 6: But it's just it's so odd right this episode here they mentioned somebody who side says, for the love of God, make.
Speaker 3: Sure you know who she is? Is? Who Mincy Gainer? Yes, yes, mustered away five days ago, Yes, ninety something I believe, but yeah, only three.
Speaker 6: I think if we had recorded this last week, she's still be alive, like, oh yeah, yeah, she's an actress. She passed away five days ago. What are the odds when we got to this episode where she gets named.
Speaker 3: This happening rit Mitzi Gainer. Yeah, one of those stars whose name is more memorable than perhaps and yeah to certain people, imagine a lot of the audience of Full Figure, this game is going show birthday with her. Oh there you go. Yeah, and therefore almost a birthday with me ninety three years old. Yes, yeah, probably best known for the musical South Pacific. You know, so like I'm gonna wash that man right out of my hair, that kind of thing. But yeah, incredible that.
Speaker 6: Best remember as a start of the nineteen fifty eight film musical South Pacific.
Speaker 3: But to my mind, there were two things in this episode that sort of correspond with recent events. One is the death of Mitzi Gainer. One is they talk about the kissing Lincoln Penny. There is currently a documentary going around called Lover of Men. The Untold History of Abraham Lincoln deposits that Abraham Lincoln might have swung both ways, that he reading an article here at the center of the documentary, which will be released in Cinema's Friday. This was in September. Lincoln's relationships with four men who at one point sheard his bed. But just as important as those intimate connections is the film's exploration of flourishing homosocial relationships in the nineteenth century and the idea that only recently that love between men has become so problematic. I don't know what that man. You gotta feel your word? Can there person? I just dawned me.
Speaker 6: We do have a unified theory because we just we're going to be reviewing Insane in the main frame for our exclusive Tasfutron podcast, which features robot Lincoln.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, it does too. So either we're just so tuned into the zeitgar so we just keep talking about stuff that's really really relevant, or there are only just a few things.
Speaker 6: In the world. Do you think, though, that Lincoln would have been into it or experimenting.
Speaker 3: That's a really good question. Let's ask him. Let's ask him, shall we? Oh?
Speaker 7: Wait, my favorite?
Speaker 3: Do you have any favorite moments from the episode? I do, Yes, there's a few here, Please tell me them. I like that in the at the very start of the episode, you've got the photograph moments, and one is the champagne r that is about to hit Lenny in the arts. It's a nice little shout and it's subtle. So yeah, I appreciate it that. I believe it's does. Yeah, Krusty has his mobile phone. The ring tone is the sad trombone funny like that, like that, I appreciate spoilers for this episode. I like the grift that Homer pulled on Burns at the end. It's like, oh, well, at least by my son a gumball, you got a change for a niggle.
Speaker 6: But here you go, Hob. It wasn't a dick in any of this or dumb. No, no, he was helping, but.
Speaker 3: No, no, he was you know, his traditional Homer in a lot of ways. But he was also you know, kind of savvy in some ways and generally good hearted. Well done home.
Speaker 6: One of my favorite moments was five dollars cash.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in the Year of Our Lord twenty twenty four that it's not really playing as much now.
Speaker 6: Offering cash just means nothing. Oh, it depends where you're going though. Some places like carties obviously, oh yeah, they love the cash.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But I'm find himself more and more like asking plays like cash.
Speaker 6: Ironts is a okay, Yeah, I just offer I always have cash my wallet now I just offer cash, and he sort of because they always automatically this, so just pull out the thing now they go, oh, you mean I have to use mass.
Speaker 3: And a punch buttons on this stand. It looks so angry, like you would take my cash put us. Did you enjoy? That's what I enjoyed. Tell me what you like.
Speaker 6: I liked the five dollars cash. I just liked a lot of crusty sort of quips to Lisa when you're sort of just being ridiculous. I think it was, you know, move on one o'clock to two o'clock, No cancel one too, two to one and cancel that one.
Speaker 3: That kind of thing. Yeah, got my DRNK cleaning, which is cover my bookie, no co for Scotch, which is co for my bookie, and also do my drug I liked. I find Homer Marge.
Speaker 6: So much more relatable these days, obviously being a parent and the scene. Yeah, with the you're in charge of this, I'm in charge of that, you get strange feelings. Yeah, yeah, yes, I just like I can just relate to me. The thing is, though, Nicola and I like to try and do those moments together just so we're on the same page.
Speaker 3: Oh you got a unified front. You don't want to have the divide and conguer thing with the kids. Day I could do it. Yeah, no, Dads and I can touch people in those pieces. Well you can't. Dadd didn't say that, did he said? Cutting edge? What's what's the timely?
Speaker 7: Next question?
Speaker 6: You there eating the paste trivia time? My first question for you is Krusty refers to Nelson as who will the mud wilber Muddy will buy the most famous wilbur to you.
Speaker 3: Is probably the owner of mister Ed or not owner, but you know, yeah is the pig? Yeah okay, but I didn't think. Yeah, I still love you, but you just it's not on any so many old classic shows like that. You can't stream them anywhere, and you can't buy them anywhere. It's like YouTube. Any option probably is vanished a time. Yeah, surely there's a place for mister Red somewhere in this world. Well, there are those things on your smart TV that you you will always pass by but occasionally land on by accidents, like it's like you're showing them nanny. Yeah, like, yes, okay, okay, I'll take it. But yeah, when I think of Wilborough, I tend to think of Wilbur. My first question to you is there's black and white footage of the original Kruskertteers. Yes, the names are on their T shirts. Can you name at least three of the five?
Speaker 6: Oh, Cuddy is the one that doesn't like Krusty anymore, except he wasn't on that.
Speaker 3: He wasn't he was. I'm just thinking of that. Yeah, it was Cubby or Cuddy, Cubby, Cubby? Yeah, yeah, he did hard time. Yes, CJ on all fours, that was CJ, one of the ones in there. Yep. And oh that that's all I've got. Okay, the five Krustkerteers, and they were were Justin Justin, Jesse Vivicar, Alex and c J.
Speaker 6: Vivicar sounds like fun, so does CJ. CJ's a fun name. She's up for a good time.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I went to school with a guy who's I won't know name, but he was he was related to let's say, the most powerful media personality is the person who yeah, yeah, Doc, yes, yeah, but his surname was double barreled, but he went by CJS. Like, oh god damn it. You're rich, you're good looking, you're athletic, and you go by c J. God damn it, man. Yeah, some people just have it the decks just stacked against the rest of us. We had a CJ in high school. Christy Jordan Good Times. Oh damn.
Speaker 6: You know, you know you're up for a fun when you're going when you're going out with Christy Jordan.
Speaker 3: That name just sounds like, yeah, it's like your eighties teen company. Yeah, dude, you asked that. Christy Jordan's what Christy Jordan said. Yeah, two thousand and six. I'm in year twelven's Christy Jordan Good Times. I've already said the name of you know, the dream girl at mascool. I can't remember her name though, Me and Mackenzie. Me and Mackenzie. That's the one. What a name? That's also me and Mackenzie.
Speaker 6: That kind of reminds me of the the hot one who's also like the nice one that you end up with. Christy Jordan's the party girl Me and McKenzie's, Like, she's the one that, yeah, yeah, you end up with. You're like, I much prefer me and McKenzie.
Speaker 3: She said, you didn't, Well, she didn't prefer me, and understandably, so it was the British girl that you left at the altar by the pool. I should say, oh, I believe your name was Chiller. Yeah, Chiller man.
Speaker 6: You had an attractive British nice girl named Chiller and you went to work.
Speaker 3: Is that right? Yeah? Your casual job. It's very important. But I just wasn't that bright. Were you You were going to ask me a question?
Speaker 6: I was, so what is the show? And what time is the air? I'll give you this the show name. So are you fatter than a fat guy?
Speaker 3: As when? Oh? Seven pm Wednesdays? Eight pm Wednesday's quest?
Speaker 5: Enough?
Speaker 3: Okay, I thought we were going to ask I'll ask you about it. What time is Krusty? What is the name of Crussy's late?
Speaker 6: And I showing what times are not it's the last gasp, the right last gasp. It's three three fifteen or three forty five?
Speaker 3: It's three thirty two, am idiot?
Speaker 6: But yes, well hardly. It just feels like, yeah, very We got channel thirty one here, which I don't think exists anymore. Channel thirty one.
Speaker 3: I don't think it does.
Speaker 6: Maybe just the analog version doesn't, maybe the digital version does. That sounds he's got to be some sort of like station like that, you would hope, So, yeah, yeah, all right. My next question then is Ron has been Crusty's agent for how long Let's say thirty one years forty five, which makes you wonder how old is Krusty.
Speaker 3: Do they have Krusty's age on here? Because I don't believe, so have a look Crusty clown age. Just have a look.
Speaker 6: Shuming Rusty was in his twenties or thirties at the time of his show's debut, that will place he's birth in the nineteen thirties makes him anywhere between forty to sixty at the time of the Simpsons premiere, So maybe in his sixties.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I'm assuming he's based on all these bush bel comedians like me. You look at Rodney Dangerfield for instance, it was impossible to how hold that man? Yeah, when he was young? Were you born like forty five?
Speaker 6: But it says he apparently in season twenty one they say he's ages fifty two.
Speaker 3: Whatever. Okay, Yeah, he's positively a spring chicken. Yes, your nice question. My max question to you is, speaking of Krusty, what was his horse in the two thousand and four Belmont or it's gonn e. Sound is lasty? No, that's in drama that we're going to be talking about a bit later. But you're close. What is it? It's Smarty Jones, Muddy Jones. Okay. My final question for you is what number is Homer at the auction? Oh? Is he five? He is thirteen? Okay? Why did I say five? I don't know? Yeah, me, neither do. I am I asking you one more? Did I start? I go for it? I started, I think, but you can go for it? All right?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 3: Speaking of last gasp, Jimbo appears on the show, and when he shows off his guns, who is disappointed? Who should be feeling bad that she broke up with Jimbo? I'm going to say, Cindy. It is Cindy, yes, all right? Not not Christy Jordan. Not Christy Jordan. What a name? Maybe Cindy Jo still will be a c J. But Christy Jordan. What about Charlie Joe? Yeah, Charlie Joe. Yeah? Speaking of we do, I hope you appreciate how I did that. I like smooth in moving into that.
Speaker 6: Do you love it when you accidentally create? Honestly, you did that, But sometimes you create a segue in it's an accident.
Speaker 3: You're like, that was the perfect segue. I didn't never mean it. I didn't really mean that.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, they don't tell the people that. But we're gonna be talking, of course about Katie G with her one hundred dollars support. Thank you so much, Katy G. However, we need to also give a shout out because Katyg's not the only one hundred supporter now, she's the queen of one hundred dollars supporters. We now have Zach Ligmas. Zach Ligmas is now went from five dollars supporter to one hundred dollars supporter.
Speaker 3: Talk about zero to sixty, Yeah, to one hundred.
Speaker 6: If we're going to be literal, so Zach get in touch with us mailbag at four finger discount dot com, dot you and let us know what you would like us to review.
Speaker 3: Yes, and if you want to do it again next month and the month after that and an ongoing besis. Have you ever in Geelong? You want to have coffee with us? Yeah, we'll shout well, we'll shout you the first coffee. Yes, we'll shout you lunch. She'd want to come to anjelom indeed, But can you do. Thank you very much, Zach, thank you very yes.
Speaker 6: And also our man Andrew Andrew with his fifty dollar support. Thank you so much. Thank Andrew, Swany mcswaan and Zach Pruitt. As always, also the following people are top two supporters. You've already mentioned Charlie Joe's getting the second amension or they could be a girl good be a guy. That's true. Also, Dangan read in reverse just to really play with the people. So we've got Damie Miller, Gavin Lange, Dave Pretzels McNally, Joe Reading, Sec, James shepperd Logan, bj Josh Hallier not James Hallier, Josh Hellier, Brian McCoy, Declan Phoenix, JAKEE Mersado, Talia Enriquez, Preston, Murray Ginger and Pickle, Ryes, Roberts, March, Trelevan, Lewis Cavanaugh, Adrick McLeod, Heath Applebee, Jack McFadden, Bella Windo, Thank Shannon Hofer, Kevin Dental Planned Flood, Ryan Dunlap, Andrew Davis, Timothy Burlson, Pete Anderson, Shawn d v Stephen Roberts, Reached Beasley and Jonathan ROSSI. I have to really try. Then I noticed, yeah, you were really because I say, it's become sort of just second nature, and a couple of times I went, don't say that.
Speaker 3: Also, it probably should have said Pickle and Ginger. Oh yeah, I should have said flood planned dental Kevin. Wow. I read them all. So okay, here we go. Let's go, we go, Joe, Charlie Miller, Damien, don't do it. Don't do it. Thank you for supporting us here at four Finger Discount. Thanks hate Legends. Did you know that?
Speaker 6: By supporting our show on Patreon, you get access to four exclusive podcasts per month, including Talking Signfold, Tales of Futurama, Speaking of the Hill, and the movie Guys. Plus you also get early and add free access to four Finger Discount, Going Down to south Park TV launch pod, and the one about Friends. That's twenty hours of podcast each month for the cost of a cup of coffee.
Speaker 7: Fick God, it go got here, So.
Speaker 6: Go ahead and support your palas guying down there today at patreon dot com. Slash four finger Discount link is an description of this podcast. All right, let's get into a review of All about Lisa. The original edit of the episode was May eighteenth, two thousand and eight production code kab F one three guest Starr and Drew Carey. The couch gag is the family straight onto a computer screen and then I put into the recyclabin, which then gets emptied. I don't think the recycled bin. Maybe I'm not sure whether my settings are changed, but I always love the satisfying sound of the emptying the recyclabin, just like trash is getting thrown out right. Yeah, it doesn't do that anymore on my computer anyway, and it annoys me. I'm like, I want that sound of Yes, it's cleans the cleansing sound.
Speaker 3: Everyone loves a good cleanse. Yeah, everyone loves a good cleanse, indeed. But the episode kicks off here with all about Lisa at the thirty eighth Annual Showbiz Awards. So it's one of those ones where they say something's happening, like, how is this happening?
Speaker 9: Let's take you back, Welcome to the thirty eighth Annual Springfield show His Awards. There are more stars here tonight than you can see in the sky thanks to light pollution. Here comes the magnificently mammoried Mistress of Midnight Movie Mayhem Booberella, the twins look happy tonight, and what are we here? It's ventral of course, Arthur Crandell and his walnut wing.
Speaker 3: Man, Gabbo. You get a job parasite.
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 3: Hi, Arthur Crandell's there with Gabbo. Indeed he's gone yes. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I was like, I wouldn't everyone remembers Gabbo, right, I probably wouldn't mind another episode involving Gabbo.
Speaker 3: I'm not too sure. Maybe he can work with Crusty. I don't know. He left a fairly you know, potent legacy. It's a tough one to follow up. I mean even this brief appearance by Gamble was like, I wish you'd given him a bit of zinger. Yeah, it was not much, was it. I was waiting for something to happen and nothing happened. Yeah, so there was a little bit of a letdown. So if you're gonna bring Gabbo back, you know, you come to the King you've been not miss.
Speaker 6: Surprising is that Gabba isn't actually in the episode all that much. Chriss it gets canceled. No, he's only in it for a couple of scenes. But he's just so memorable, such a gather like and we get a British actor who they say is a parody of somebody but I who wasn't meant to be.
Speaker 3: Well, this whole, the whole setup about All About Lisa is based on a movie from All.
Speaker 6: That Eve, Yes, all that Yeah, let's talk about that? Yeah, which is one is the brief synopsis of All About Eve, not the story, just the brief Oh okay.
Speaker 3: The hook famous stage actress has her life infiltrated by a young fan who Maddie Davis Betty Davis plays the actresses, She plays the actress. This young woman named Eve comes into her life, says, I admire you so much. I want to be an actress to but I just love you so much and really want to help you and be your assistant. All that She uses that to infiltrate all manner of the actress's life and to become a star herself. Yep, that's basically it.
Speaker 6: Because Lisa didn't. That wasn't her intention beginning? Is that not the same with the film. Also, her film Always Too, I'm Going to Your Spotlight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, even in the film is always there to rise through the ranks by means fair and foul. Early role for Marilyn Monroe. Okay, yeah, is she the fan? No? Okay, I was actually so this whole but this whole bit with the with the SiO Mel voice over. Yeah, is that how the film goes? That's how nice? Okay. I I'm actually gonna check it out. What's on the fifties right it is? Yeah? Okay, I don't watch anywhere near enough old films. Look, there were a lot that aren't worth your time. Yeah. Still blows my mind that The Wizard of Oz is made in the thirties. Oh, absolutely incredible in that yeah, yeah, particularly when a lot of people have got issues with this on social media. But then people got a lot of issues on social media. They're looking at screen caps from Wicked, you know, the of the stage music coming up, and I was like, why does this look so bland? You know, we're in the year twenty twenty four. We should be able to make things big and brightening gloomy neck yeah, I mean, or it just looks a bit faded. And then you know, they'll put up screencaps of you know, the Wizard of Us from nineteen thirty nine. It's like popping there, technicallor it is like holy shit, this looks incredible. It's like where didn't Wicked look like this?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'll actually a story which will get too late, about the Wizard of Oz which I was talking to that as you call the patron Saint of Darn on our way to the John Williams show.
Speaker 3: Yes with that in the moment. But what were we talking about so all about Eve? Yes, and we're getting voice yeah, we're getting voice yes from from Sarcho Mel. Yeah, much as there is a narration from a central character in All about Eve. Now, I must admit I've got thirty seconds in and this male narration is some pretty rough sledding. I don't know how much more I can take of this. Unfortunately much I think the show realized, like, yeah, a little mel goes a long way. Yeah, let's use it to steer it away in and use it sparingly, as we said. And yeah, it has a really good payer at the end. But we'll get to that when we get to that.
Speaker 6: But yeah, that's a good example too of the Simpsons doing a parody of something without having to have seen the source material to get it. Also, having a discussion recently with our Pale Radio Mike Right and he loved the second episode of season thirty six, White Lotus or Yellow Lotuses playing White Lotus. I watched it as someone who hasn't seen White Lotus and got about ten minutes in and turns it off, going, I don't know what's going on here. I understand you're referencing something, but you should be able to make this entertaining without having to seen the source material. But I don't get the jokes because the jokes are all It happened.
Speaker 3: Too specific to the White Loadus as opposed to and there's a show called the White Loaders. It's about a resort. Yeah, the tone is kind of this, but we're going to do with Simpson's episode.
Speaker 6: It was reminded me of that reminded me of when they do the trilogy episodes and it's just re enacting that story. But since his character and I go, I don't get any of these jokes that haven't seen the show. This is what they used to do. This isn't classic era, but classic era of Simpsons. What they did best was they would guess source material, simpsonize it still make it entertaining, but if you knew the source material, you enjoyed even more.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's an extra yeah, slice of cheese in you because I didn't know about all about Even. Now, if you knew all about Even, you watches you go, oh that's that's all. That's clever and well done. Yeah, good, good on you. But yeah, you.
Speaker 6: Don't have to didn't have to know it. And that's the difference now, like that when they're doing these parodies. Now, the parodies aren't funny unless you've seen the source material.
Speaker 3: Well, it's a difference between and look, there's a long gap between these movies. But say this gap between Flying High and say Top Secret, you know, yeah, those parody and say the scary movie movies, which are just a bit too This was in that movie, do you remember it? Whereas saying Flying High, Top Secret, Yeah, this is in that movie. But it's also just funny. It's a gag on top of that, it's not just like does this remind you of this thing? Yeah? So yeah, So it's a bit like I've watched Deadpool and Wolverine on the weekend, so I haven't watched it. I saw there waiting to be watched. Yeah, I'm not a superhero guy, and I get that I am in the minority when I say that, right, so I would know I'm going to watch this and I probably won't care about all of the cameos and stuff that other people will care. I'm just I'm just not in the target demo. Oh yeah, it's funny. The guys on red Ltar Media one of my favorite sides.
Speaker 6: You always say one of my favorites. I hope you they are one of my favorites. I wanted to make them known aware of this. They were doing their review and Jay on the show said, if you didn't know anything about not just superhero movies, but also all the behind the scenes stuff, yeah, that's the thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you would be watching this going what the fuck is all this about? Yeah? And it's a movie for the fans, Yeah, very much. I can't believe it. I mean, I can believe it's made a billion dollars. But at the same time, why, because they've just got marketed really well.
Speaker 6: It really did to the point where I thought, I'm like, wait, the movie hasn't come out yet. I'm like, we're been saying shit about this movie for like six months.
Speaker 3: It was fine. Jacklan's really good and the feud of Ryan Reynolds continues, you don't like Ryan reydlds. Yeah, I like him fine, And I can't begrudge him getting the bag, as they say, because and I say this is lit due respect to someone who's married to Blake Lively and worth three billion bucks. He just doesn't have a lot of range. He doesn't need it, I guess. But I think he's found his lane and he's really just speeding down that he's.
Speaker 6: Just playing Berg from two Guys going to pizza place. That's literally his character pretty much.
Speaker 3: I mean, you look at what Hugh Jackman's doing in dep Blul and Wolver and it's like, Wow, you're giving a legitimate performance here, and when Ryan Reynolds sort of has to try and do the same thing, it's like you're not quite up to it. I mean, you're really good at what you do. You've got terrific comic timing. Admittedly, it's kind of just the few notes that you play over and over again and you seem to do what people like.
Speaker 6: But yeah, I've just realized. So I'm posting the Patriot group last night about how we're watching House and but it's not huge fans of House because he's just when you Binge watch House. He's overbearing and annoying because he's just rude to everybody all the time. Right, I feel like Ryan Reynolds is a young house in a sense that every response is a smart ass quip. I just realized Burg and two guys a going to pizza place is just house younger and not as mean.
Speaker 3: But you know, if you if you've got a good trick and people and people are willing to walk out the money for it, you'd be foolish not to take it.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, and it's very you know what it is too. It's at the right time because every superhero movie is dark and gloomy, and it's just people are losing interest. But they know what they're doing. They're doing it well. But anyway, this episode here, So I did read some reviews, though I was surprised and then not surprised, a lot of negative reviews for this episode, right, and the negativity is stemmed from people saying it's just a rip off of Bart gets Famous, which I've already.
Speaker 3: Done, which is there. I didn't do it, boy, I didn't do it. It isn't isn't.
Speaker 6: The setup is very similar in the sense that Bart becomes the assistant who then gets thrown to the spotlight. Lisa is very similar, but once we get to that point, the stories are very different.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Krusty uses.
Speaker 6: Bart once he realizes he's not famous anymore, he just throws him away because he's stale. This one here is Lisa. And I think a lot of people who who say the negative things about this episode probably don't know about all about Eve or to understand that it's taking the mickey out of that story. It becomes Lisa stealing Crusty's long light limelight deliberately.
Speaker 3: Completely two different stories. Oh yeah, And I mean, I think you have to realize, and it's been shown throughout episodes that we've seen up until now, that you know, well, Lisa's a performer and she likes you know, she's a musician. You may say, oh, I'm an artist and all this kind of stuff, but you know, I don't think he necessarily play music or whatever just for yourself. I think you usually want to do it in front of it all, and I think you do want a little bit of validation, a little bit of recognition. And he says that I'm doing it for the money. Is a liar, that's all the attention. Attention, yeah, not necessary money attention, yes, but the money will be nice, yes.
Speaker 6: But I feel like in Bark, it's famous, but very quickly gets sick of being famous.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 6: He shows like I'm more than this, and one's like we don't care, we just want the one. I didn't do it right, but at least is like anything. If you're giving me attention, I'm soaking it up.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, well goes back to our power. Ryan Realms, who tried to break out and do different things, tried to do very dramatic role. Yeah, Ury digit movie still haunts me. A movie yeh. Did a few movies that are sort of you know, low budget black comedies and Waiting was he Waiting? It was in Waiting, which is just like, yeah, that's just a comedy. He's really good in a movie called a denture Land, which I okay, check out another one called Mississippi Grind, which is playing. It's like it's very much like the Adam Sandler thing, which is almost like the Clin Eastwood thing, which is like a lot of actors thing. It's like, you people have got a very narrow set of skills. There's not a lot of actors who have got huge range. But if you, if you're smart, like you work with people like, oh, okay, you've got this particular set of skills, I'm going to turn the dars slightly in this direction and it's going to be perceived in a wholely different way. Or I'm going to surround you with people that you would not normally be a soocio with and people are going to see you in a different way as a result of that. And Fresh Prince was very much that where no, no, that was really that was just really playing to his skills. Yeah, whereas something like Ali, which Will Smith was like, oh the confidence and the bravado that Will Smith has, Yeah, we can use that to Yeah, he's not a dead ringer for Ali, but he's similar enough in that regard. So yeah, I think Ryan Reyland's Yeah, in his best roles in there's movies like Eventual landa Mississipi Grime, it's like, oh you were You're kind of a smarmy guy. You're very likable, but I don't know if I can trust you. You know, and you're always going to have a quip. Let's use that as oh you are you're a guy who actually can't be trusted, you're kind of a dirt bag, or I want to I want to see him pay more villains. Yeah, well, yeah, check out these two movies. They're both really good. And yeah, but occasionally, like Sanley just sort of go back and say a bit YoY YoY. Yeah, I've forgotten the name of the person that was asking, guys, when you do that, why do you do that? Yeah? Yeah, I gave him a link to a thing from the SNL twenty fifth anniversary special.
Speaker 6: I forget that I'm getting old in the sense that I just assume everyone who knows Adam Sand just knows he is. That It's like, well, he hasn't really been that guy since like maybe the early two thousand at the latest, right, but he still does that sound in movies. But he was known Billy Madison, have you gime with you yet? And that was that was the thing on SNL. But now, like the kids, they are literally kids now who are twenty five or whatever, twenty.
Speaker 3: We'll probably grow up watching Hotel trends of veiny or something like that. That's Adam Sand Like, I'll never never forget. We're driving home from like we're to the chocolate chocolate tear. How do you say chocolate the chocolate place on chocolate tan chocolate tier. Yes, we've won on Nicholas friends from work and she was twenty one and she her the thing was fresh Prince something that was like her username on Instagram or whatever. And then we put on Will Smith's Wilisch one was no note, what's that? Gettingjiggy with it?
Speaker 6: And she goes, oh, Will Smith sings and I was like, wait, what do you think fresh Princes? She goes, oh, that's just isn't he just an actor?
Speaker 3: I'm like, wow, what what? I was like, the Fresh Prince. She's like, yeah, he's the actor in that. I was like, yeah, but he sings sings what I'm like, what do you mean? Oh no, he's multi down, he acts, he sings, he slaps cross rock. I'm like he sang before he acted. Yeap, will'sman, get Fresh Prince out of your fucking whatever it is. I was like, how do you have fresh Princes your user? David?
Speaker 6: You don't, Oh that's our old Maybe he's so sad, but you know it didn't make me sad this episode. So anyway, so we were talking about the all about even the but I thought there was similarities there with black It's famous, but also a lot of differences. Correct, Yes, yeah, because people in the town.
Speaker 3: I listened. I listened to a couple of other podcast reviews. I'm just a sense of what they were.
Speaker 8: Like.
Speaker 3: They were an other podcast talking about the simptoms.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and this one was just like, oh, it was like putting tape around your eyes or like a cell fan of your eyes and it all being blurry like this. This this episode offered nothing. It was no substance. It was bland. It was just a complete rip off a buckets famous and I was like, Holy Moses, you shouldn't do a podcast about Simpsons.
Speaker 3: You're very negative. When when negative but usually deserves it, it's like quite positive. Yeah, when home is living margin and the driver's out of his car. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So basically, the episode kicks off with the fifth episode and we've had side show Mal and he's doing the narration and he's basically saying here that we're going to tell you now how Lisa got to this point of winning Entertainer of the Year. We've only just started the episode, haven't we.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, looking over the farm, we've been rapping on.
Speaker 6: Side show is going through like the nor Him nor Him nor Ham. Spider Peak makes a reference. It's all about Lisa, and she wins the award, and then we got back to let me tell you how she got to hear and it's crust his four thousandth episode and he's celebrating Drew Carrey's there, not really much of a Guesst appearance, just to say that we've got Drew carry on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I think you're more of a Drew Carey fan than I am. But it seemed I don't know if this is indicative of Drew's style in general, but it seemed a little low energy.
Speaker 6: It didn't seem Yeah, it kind of felt like if you someone said to you this was someone playing Drew and taking the mickey, you'd kind of believe it. Yeah, it wasn't really much to it was there. No, but he's just taking the mickey out of Crusty here, and we get a clip of the Krusketeers and then they've the non successful Kruskteer's returned for the special. You've got Jesse who has his shoulder cgsus calling around and should say Christy Johnson, Christy Jordan was crawling around on all fours and keep that dearself and covery here has owed money hard time for you, Krusty. Then they're searching for the new Kruskeeteer, and basically he says, I'll sign you up as long as it's got you, gonna sign the country twenty year personal services with nine to nine percent of your earnings going to Krusty. But Millhouse here hope each other get it. Well, Bart hopes he gets it for a brief moment here for a second hepe Millhouse got it. Then we have the auditions and Krusty is four hours later. Now he says, that's the it of being successful with each other time.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Then Nelson is doing took a Little Star.
Speaker 6: I think it's all that that That tune is for a lot of nursery rhymes dirt with the nerds, smash him on the head and whatnot, giving a wigie and Bart is very good. Bart's doing some I like one, but it's actually good at something, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: He's doing some really good impressions.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so he's got the light becomes a lantern fish, the Jack of lentin Et. Then what's b e t I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: BT stands for I believe it stands for Black Entertainment Television. Really there, Okay, so it's a network, yeah, which is primarily African American probably one. Yes, Okay, there we go.
Speaker 6: I was like, I'm sure it's something because they well everyone seemed to enjoy it there, all the white folks in the crowd anyway.
Speaker 8: So.
Speaker 3: My sons are good for something.
Speaker 6: But unfortunately Krusty doesn't name but as the successor as the next crosser tier, it is Nelson because who's she sign's name?
Speaker 3: Old mother? Oh yeah, that was yeah, way to go, missus. Mund's going extra mile. Yeah, I loot that. That's your attitude. It's like to speak of something, well, don't you do what you gotta do?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 3: I like that would not not yeah, especially subtle about it, but I like it. I'm doing up the butt. It's like, oh, we know what's gone on in the dressing room.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Lisa says that's not fair, though she's she's just hiring both of them. You know, you can call bart. You in turn opened up a whole new world of free labor, much like Discovery Channel. Apparently you've got no employees.
Speaker 3: Was that a thing. I guess it must have been. I don't know who knows.
Speaker 4: Hey, Kirsty, you're making a huge mistake not hiring my brother. Why didn't you hire them both? It won't cost you anything. You could call bid an intern. In fact, the intern thing could open up a whole new world, a free labor for you. Did you know the Discovery Channel doesn't have a single paid employee.
Speaker 1: Okay, kid, you've convinced me.
Speaker 2: To make money. Chriskey's here.
Speaker 1: Well, no, to make you my new intern.
Speaker 7: You're a real go getter.
Speaker 1: They'll go get me my dry cleaning, which is my code word for scotch, and give me my scotch, which is my code word for my bookie. Also go get my dry cleaning.
Speaker 2: What but why, why?
Speaker 7: Why but what are you standing around for?
Speaker 1: I wish I was paying you so I could dock your salary.
Speaker 3: This seems to run counter to Lisa's whole social justice thing.
Speaker 6: I don't think Lisa's been very Lisa ished the last season few episodes at least. Anyway, Remember Mona leaves her when she was saying, ah, Grandma'll be fine.
Speaker 3: We just dump her.
Speaker 6: Ashes here, and I'm like, that's and she stole the necklace off a nightstand and stuff.
Speaker 3: Remember was that necklace? Yeah, no, it was ear rings. Ear rings it yeah, that's what they used for the flame. Yeah. But this is just classic crusty hell, like the dry cleaning, which is Scotch for the bookie for the dry cleaning. But I wish she said something. Remember, I wish I could. I wish I was paying. He's like a duck your salary.
Speaker 6: Then Mal narrates again and he talks about how this is called show business, and it is the business, as you'll find out in three two one commercial break. We come back and Krusty is giving instructions to Lisa once again. We mentioned earlier the cancelor one o'clock whatnot changed Sophie Lorentze to Lindsay Lohan in all of his gags. So it's very much comedy, isn't it. The gag works for everybody. He's got to replace the name absolutely, Lindsay Lohan. She was she was another one we're talking about off the air, just young kids just getting thrown to the spotlight and not.
Speaker 3: Looked after him. Oh yeah, and then and then mocked. And it was like they pushed and pushed and pushed her and then said, look how crazy she is. Let's focus on that. And it's like she needed help. She's making a comeback now, yeah she is. Well, she's done in some romantic comedy on Netflix apparently, and she's just filmed Freakier. Yeah, okay, Jemie Lee Curtis alongside Jamis. I love jemis Lee Curtis. She's fantastic. Is there anyone that doesn't like Jamie Lee Curtis? If there are putting other dukes?
Speaker 6: Nelson's warming up though, doing a flash dance parody here, and then he gets fired. Why does he get fired? I think it's just something irrational from Crusty.
Speaker 3: Well, he looks at Crusty in the eyes, isn't he looks and.
Speaker 6: He says something I'm preparing on warming up. You're saying that I'm not aning like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's yeah, that's something that all about Eve sort of focuses on as well, the very fragile artistic temperament, and anything can be an imagined or perceived slight. Yeah, even if you're sort of trying to be positive but like working, is it the fear of just like everyone's judging you? Oh yeah, looking pasta syndrome, or the feeling that your talent or your repeat is fading, all that kind of stuff. Yeah, we all feel it. We all do feel it. Indeed, yes, But he says, my mom says, you're selfish. Love. I love this line. I know what I want and I get it. Despicable, but yeah, I know what I want and I get it. But he threatens to destroy Nelson, And I'm just reminded forgot I heard, but just cracked me up. Where I know some awful teen sex comedy or whatever someone dropped their pants and like, who are you gonna please with that? Blokes with me?
Speaker 6: But he threates to destroy Nelson in his memoirs and then offers to help Lisa the suggestion of if he says something at Mitzi Gainner, love of God, pretend do you know who she was?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, very timely. She not time that she's passed away. Its tragedy, tragedy, It's an incredible cowinkydinkin what a good name?
Speaker 6: Krusty needs flosto for his pastrami, and Lisa comes to save the day with a what would it be? This the string from the place? Yeah, and she said, He says you're the best thing to this business since Mitzy Gainer. I was gonna say, Chip Korean animation, Okay, no, but still can't believe that he wasn't the one who got it and Lisa was. And what I did also like about this was they could have very easily created a situation much like Summer of four foot two where Bark is jealous and tries to Sabotago and they don't go down that path, which is good.
Speaker 7: All right, Jemming girl trouble, you better go talk to him. It's clown trouble.
Speaker 2: That's your responsibility.
Speaker 7: I thought I was in charge of bed James stories and pitch dying.
Speaker 10: Yeah well, and clowns oh fine, but you just bought yourself ear piercing and strange new feelings.
Speaker 6: Fine, and then goes to, uh, look look after Bark suggest getting rid of all of his crusty motion, does to and forget about it. Maybe even give less of your room because there's this crusty stuff everywhere. They go to the comic book store and they're going to trade in all this crusty stuff. He wants that radioated man versus hummad Ali, which was a real coiqu there's some Superman.
Speaker 3: There was a Superman versus Mhammed al A, Yeah, that's insane, and the other one was like Kansas City some team. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Anyway, but he suggests maybe you do coin collecting instead and bus on interesting. He goes, O, come back, I'll offer you a bus in ten year quarter. And my man'scrunchy. Didn't really get the hair, No, I either, sort of, it's a bit, yeah, it's a bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Lisa's now tidy us dressing room, alphabetize all of his books, which are two books, the Almanac and the Yellow Pages Almanac.
Speaker 3: That's like all the data about bookies and stuff. Would it be I think it can be just about any anything, yeah, yeah, and the Yellow Pages. Yeah.
Speaker 6: He's going to call her the goy Wonder, but then thinks that coin collecting sucks, and Homo says that that's just that's just hobbies, mate, hobbies. Yeah, but you wan to kill some precious way to kill precious time. Yes, it's really sort of put things into perspectives.
Speaker 3: Yeah it does.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I spent all my time buying these things and chasing these things for what.
Speaker 3: This is money that could have gone into my suba.
Speaker 6: But they turned to something fun to your mother's purse and a little montages and collecting coins. So they steal the pennies out of the penny jar. At the quickie marchin we get the fake toll booth, and then the hiding in the bottom of a wishing well. Then the Leprechorn arrives. I've never really got the Leprecorn, never really liked it. It just feels to me like Dan's just done an impersonation of lever Corn. This is hilarious. Let's just kill Let's kill twenty seconds. Yeah, so they they they cement him in and they just put a cement over the top.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they lock him in there like The Ring. Yes, oh yeah, terrifying And now on four K you're gonna pick it up soon? Oh really? Yeah, Okay, I've not watched it.
Speaker 6: That was one of those films did a great job of have you seen the Ring yet?
Speaker 3: Got Have you seen The Ring? When I was I would have been when it came out in two thousand and two, so I would have been fourteen ish. Yeah. Perfect days for every party is like we're gonna watch The Ring and I was like, no, I can't watch it. Perfect perfect movie. But yeah, like as I always say Baby's first horror movie, because it's like, yeah, this one's legitimately scary, but not too gross or gruesome glory really yeah, is it gory? Oh it's got some bits so it's like, oh my god, look at it. You get screwed up. Yeah, but it's not like stabbing, No, that kind of like terrified, kind of. I think the most gruesome bit is spoilers with the Ring.
Speaker 6: When the oh yeah, someone was furious that you spoiled something ry Buffy about the Buffy's mother.
Speaker 3: I did say spoiler that after oh oh, is that how that works? I'm not going to spoil it from the Ring. Just watch a good movie. Does spoil the Ring? Yea. Let's go out and BUYE and four K and then support media. Buy two copies, send one to your pals, Buy two copies, keep one in the packaging so you can look at it and when you play, okay, buy three copies. It would have been good. Pals it umbrella did it? That would have been great.
Speaker 6: Yeah, imagine the packaging on that on the ring, imagine opening imagine that. Yeah, imagining you writing the little story inside the booklet, that would be great. That's what guy does now he writes for Umbrella.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we'll talk about that on an other show. Yes, but maybe on videos. Will we guarde you about what movies to watch? You're doing great? Did you know that?
Speaker 6: By supporting our show on Patreon, you get access to four exclusive podcasts per month, including Talking Sign Fouled, Tales of Futurama, Speaking of the Hill, and the movie Guys. Plus you also get early and add free access to four Finger Discount Going down to south Park TV launch pod, and the one about Friends. That's twenty hours of podcasts each month for the cost of a cup of coffee.
Speaker 7: Fick god, it got here, So.
Speaker 6: Go ahead and support your palas guying down there today at patreon dot com. Slash fourfinger Discount. Link is a description of this podcast, but basically, lock the Lepricorn down in the well and they need just one more out for the collection. They thought they had the collection, but no little thing comes up and it's the kissing Lincolns.
Speaker 3: I like it. It's a real thing too. This is what this wasn't just made up, right, I believe so I believe it was an actual thing. Let's look fussing Lincoln and you'll get the same articles that I was looking at earlier.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, okay, from seventeen, because I was like, I'm pretty sure I've researched this. I just want to make sure before I make a fool of myself, as I usually do. But yeah, I like that they've actually gone because coin collectors, coin collectors probably watching this episode can relate to it and go, they're going for.
Speaker 3: The coin that I'm trying to get.
Speaker 7: It's a real thing.
Speaker 3: It's a real thing. Yeah, and yeah, the coin knows where we go. That's actually shut up.
Speaker 6: Jimmy's got one of these. But it's from nineteen seventeen. And the reason that it happened it was a double print because somebody got a brief glimpse of an ankle woman's ankle, which coursed three days of writing at the Philadelphia Mint in nineteen seventeen December, and Asma says, one of the right, Oh, the one the left is into it, the one the right is experimenting. Then mister TEENI is stuck in traffic and Krusty can't improvise for the.
Speaker 3: Life of my thought. Yeah, I'm like, he's like the king of improvising, right, Yeah, yeah, but whatever whatever. He needs help.
Speaker 6: So Lisa comes in to do her job make him look good, and she plays the role that mister Teeny was supposed to play, and she just gets high on the ovation from the crowd, doesn't She's like, oh my god, this is what is this feeling? Yeah, and Krusty then goes to the retreat for some R and R but Lataho, yes, Lake Tahoe, that's right. And then another R and R arrives, Ron Rabinowitz, which is he's manager of forty five years.
Speaker 8: Krusty, I've been your aging for forty five years. I am telling you watch out for this Lisa Simpson character. She has got a taste for lady laughter. And she will step right over a certain clown together.
Speaker 1: Which clown juckles Professor Edwood, No you no, you the Chinese clown?
Speaker 8: Oh, great one, Krusty, But seriously, you're in real trouble here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you mean if there was a rehearsal for the network, I would have been told by my assistant.
Speaker 3: She offers to do the run through, doesn't she, And she's prepared to because she got clampans under this exactly. She's ready to go. So clearly she has plucked this out.
Speaker 6: She's set Crusty on for some hour and she knew this was happening, didn't tell him ready to go. She has a steally spotlight. Crusty arrives and I'll figures to get a cap of tellte like you matter.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's a really.
Speaker 6: Cool animation here. It's like the three D you usually gain. He turned the car driving around, but Lisa nails it out of the park.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, she's doing the bit with the centipede shoes. Yeah, that's well performed comedy. I know that Lindsay Nagil, Yeah, that's her design anyway. Yeah, I'm not sure she gets named as Lindsay Nagel anymore, but she certainly should.
Speaker 6: But Ron has immediately jumped ship as any agent would come the meet everybody like Lamlett's Crusty tries being eight spites of lollipop and hurts his teeth and get the freeze frame here because Mal's doing the voiceover and Moe is there trying to steal money out of their pockets.
Speaker 3: Is it still something anyway? Final act?
Speaker 6: Now it's the Lisa Show now no longer the Crust of the Clown Show. And she's taken the photos and she's just become crusty. I'm going to kick this photo of you guys forever. Curtain's clothes throws straight in the bin, and she's she's already clearly over it, but she's over the idea of it.
Speaker 3: But she can't not do it. She needs that that gratification from the audience. Does Is it an actual gimmick from some talk show hosts that they would take a like a a selfie, a polaroid or a selfie of the of the crowd after it? It feels like something Ellen would do.
Speaker 6: I was about to say it sounds like Alan's like, let's get a selfie with everybody. It was a polaroid it polaroid, yeah, or a selfie audience.
Speaker 3: It's a photo with audience or photo of audience. I can't fine, I'll get rid of polaroid. Let's see if anything comes up. It feels like an Allen Remember Ellen hosted the Oscars and she did the famous one, Yeah, Kevin Spacey poking his head in like if only you knew. No, I can't see anything here he's coming up anyway, But it feels like I just feels like something that would happen, feels like something Ellen do or maybe even Drew.
Speaker 6: I was there to say Drew as well. Yeah, she just likes to touch the audience. But where can I go? I'm over here, but Mel wants to help her, but first she needs to say well more goodbye to the audience that she has disdained for. But she just needs that that feeling of the hit. Yeah, the hit Yeah, and Crusty is doing his last gasp show on they got called Public Access tellergion was called Yeah, it's what Wayne's well was on, right, that's correct.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he's brought to.
Speaker 6: You by NAPPI en knock him out and knock him out Virginia's and his guest is Jimbo Jones, and he realizes this gag was so shit.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna lie. This is the loss that ever sunk. And I once made out with a blow up doll. I'm like, that's the best you can come up with. That's very high school comedy script. That's just that terrible. I once been out with a b Yeah, and I'm like, that's just shit, that's not a joke, that it's just not funny at all.
Speaker 6: Then Jibo Flex's for Cindy. Then Homer and Bart are searching for coins through that a pile of them. Homophines a pepperoni slice from the classic nineteen seventy eight Pizza Hut store Terrible and I like this. This was a season six quote. It would be something you see on shirts whatever, you know. Collecting's a lot like life Stop Being Fun a long time ago. That would be on like the binder of your Simpsons cards. But he has still and they go to the auction house, which was called Gavialbees, I believe Gavelbee's auction house, and having a bitting war with mister Burns, and it's starts off like one dollar, five dollars five dollars cash. Mister Burns wins the coin, the Kissing Lincoln's for ten million dollars. I paid a pretty penny for this penny it away. That's that's pretty much it. Rich people do just want Michael. It reminds me of like Michael Jackson. You would just buy random shit just so he could say he's got it.
Speaker 3: He doesn't need it, doesn't really want it, but it's like its good to have in the house. It's the conversation point.
Speaker 6: It's getting It's also I guess we're talking about the thrill of the audience sort of that Lisa gets right, the ovation. It's the thrill and the hit of I finally have this. I own this now, and once you've got it, like I don't need it anymore.
Speaker 3: Oh goodness it I'm made a made a little pledguere to myself post my recent Birtha's like buddy new ship for the rest of the year. I apologize for telling you the after pay Amazon hack. Yeah, that doesn't help. So Amazon did noel with Prime Day. Yeah, every day's Prime Day, and noordered anywhere else that was having sales. It was like, oh, but this would make my life immeasurably better, or I would feel like a more complete person if I had this book or this dice and they complaining for half price. Actually that was a game changer. That's pretty good. Oh yeah, oh, I've got these books now, and that's going to change everything for me. It's like, it's not it's just more stuff.
Speaker 6: I've bought a lot of books and yeah, I get them, and I go, I can't wait to read you. Put you on the shelf and it just stays there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, got a nice pile on the on the bedside. The idea of it, the idea of eventually getting to it, that's more exciting to me. And the hit rate is maybe like one in five. Like yeah, there's one book a right from this rider that I really like. It's like, oh, yep, cracking this. I've been really getting into it. And but there are others that I've had the like six months.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what said to Nicola. I bought all the complete series of thirty Rock on Blu Ray and She's like, didn't you buy like all the shield and all of the office.
Speaker 3: I'm like, yeah, sure, you haven't open as yet and I was like, don't judge me. There'll be time when I'm not but the audi will coming here. I was like, oh no, she's figured me out. And I was like, how much is your hair costure? Who said that? Goodness gracious me?
Speaker 6: But yeah, mister Burns has bought the coin for ten million dollars and Homer tries to begs him.
Speaker 3: He's like, the problem is if you had that, I wouldn't see this is exactly Yeah, this sums up what we were just talking about. So Homad just comes up and the ass and you have change for a nickel, and I want to buy my son a gumball. I've only got this. Can I get changed for a nickel? You go?
Speaker 6: What was made this even better was that mister Burns thought he was getting one up on Homer as well. Only give him four cents, but he gave He gives him the coin. They put the coin in the in the folder, put it on the shelf, and never look at it again.
Speaker 3: But you've completed the task.
Speaker 6: Yes, but that's time for the ceremony. So we're now back to the beginning again. And that's the what is the Entertainer Awards whatever it is, Yeah, Entertainer of the Year, eighth Entertainer of the Year Awards. Yeah, so now wants to help lace her again here because he owes she owes him everything. So it's like, well, okay, owe you everything. Make it quick. Like she's just she's become crusty. She's just yeah, bitter and not very nice. And he shows her all the former winners who are out all failures because.
Speaker 3: They oh, yeah, the star is dimmed. The star is dimmed.
Speaker 10: Yeah, behold, your fellow winners are the Entertainer of the Year Award Kinnah recognize any of that, and why should you? He appears nightly on Broadway selling combs and mints in the men's room. She was fired after a bad rehearsal from Homeboys in Outer Space, and perhaps the saddest one of all increased stages from London to Los Angeles, when he played Brief and Death of our Salesman, every woman in the audience wish they were what's that?
Speaker 7: What's before? He took the boom?
Speaker 2: Now then then.
Speaker 7: Such you?
Speaker 2: Now it's you? How could this happened to you? To all these wonderful performers.
Speaker 10: Applause is an addiction, like Heroin Hall checking your email. Once you have a taste, you'll do anything to get more. Don't end up like these people. Don't end up like me.
Speaker 2: I need to get out where I still can thank you.
Speaker 6: Now she realizes what I have to do here is give Krusty back the spotlights, and she thanks Krusty in her speech one more final thing, and she sets him up for some jokes and he realizes in the moment.
Speaker 3: Oh, this is what you're doing. And also he's well, I mean there's a you know, is the go to line about oh I spent three hours practicing my head libs. I mean maybe he had these gags in the back pocket anyway, but he seems that, you know, come up with some pretty good stuff off the considering the story of Strea on him not being able to improvise. That's what I mean. Yeah, that initial thing about it he can't improvise for worth the dam is like, well, he thinks we're doing pretty well here. I mean that gag about the hybrid actually pretty good. Yeah, my wife crashed our car and is that honey, we've got a hybrid? Tinly not actually not a bad gag.
Speaker 6: I do think that every comedian, though, would have that, I know, ten to twenty gags.
Speaker 3: They can just go to, oh yeah, you've got to have your epigrams.
Speaker 6: Yeah that you can just you know, I haven't been here before. If I need help, just throw something out, yeah at a party or whatever.
Speaker 3: And you oh yeah, everyone's got their bits. Yeah yeah, I mean it was my understanding. There will be no man cut it out, Zach. Everybody loves that one.
Speaker 6: But then by, as Mal says, by giving it all away, she's kept the one thing giving her a family wayship, one thing that's dignity and it cuts to male dressed as the fire hydrant in the skit with Krusty as Rusty as a dog between to we on him and he says, my wife's currently given birth.
Speaker 3: To my child. Can I go Nope?
Speaker 6: A few more times will do this and that's the to the show. So Mal in helping Lisa is also is it Mel.
Speaker 3: Wanted the Spotlight back as well? I think he was genuinely trying to help Lisa. That's not the stories, and he wasn't trying. I think it's too.
Speaker 6: It's too because he lost his gig as well, essentially because he wasn't on the Lisa show.
Speaker 3: Was he Maybe he was? He was well certainly hanging around because we.
Speaker 6: Didn't see uh Mal with Lisa. I'm not too sure it maybe maybe they didn't really go into day.
Speaker 3: But yeah, Mel's too far gone. He's too deep into the system and he can't put himself out. But he's like, it's too late for me, but maybe I can save.
Speaker 6: You help somebody else. Yes, So overall, I mean not like a great Sason finale, but I thought.
Speaker 3: And considering that expectations were in the cellar. Yeah, no, it feels it feels bad to say this was pretty good considering we had low expectations. This was actually not a bad episode by anyone's standards. I'm sure you've seen all about a probably enjoy our hell of a lot more as well, even or you're just a real coin nerd Yes. Also shout out to Mitchy Gainer once again, Rip Mitzi Gainer. Yes, what do we learn Bomber? So what did you learn from all about Lisa? Mister Davis? Well, if you want to make it in the show business in peace, to have a mother who will go the extra mile, Yes it will.
Speaker 6: Indeed, I learned that I can no longer get my way through life by paying with cash. Is cash on the floor before and I'm just like, what's worthless?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 3: No one? What's this thing? You just put it in his meth and ran Jet wouldn't even look at it. She was like benmo or nothing, motherfucker.
Speaker 7: From miss day forward, your names will be.
Speaker 6: It's the New Name Championship, the final one. It's the finale of season nineteen. Can you believe we've got You've done nine seasons of the podcast, now nine seasons of the show.
Speaker 3: Good golly, wait at that time, I know you've you've now reviewed nearly two hundred episodes of The Simpsons. Mitche one might say, well, guys, now one season away from doing as many seas as Mitch did. So once we hit season twenty one. Now, guys, the superior one might say he was already that. Well, when I say one, I mean myself, and I mean I'm talking in the mirror a man.
Speaker 6: All right, So the New Name Championship. The current leader board stands at this in the New Name Jelly in third position, we have Adam Moorehouse on fourteen points, second position, Phil Hawkins on seventeen and at first you name me Yeared on twenty five. He has won, he can't lose.
Speaker 3: Now looks like he's one in the New Name jamb and let's still less Phill Hawkins gets like the one, two and three. He still he still can't win. Well, as we've done on the show, as I've done on the show for the last nine seasons. Let's go through the motions. Let's do it and say one, two and three points for these new names generously given to us by these some good names came through this week. There wasn't this way. It was tough to narrow down, but I did. And one point goes to clown Eyed Girl. I really like that. Clown Eye Girl, one of my dad's favorite songs. Brand Eye Girl.
Speaker 6: That's by Zach Wood, who I don't believe has any points so far.
Speaker 3: So he's snuck into the wild card draw. I think it's by Van Morrison. Oh you're talking about the name, Yes, putting on my coming begared. This two points goes to new sense sation. What's a very clever title? That's pretty clever? Who comes up with clever titles?
Speaker 6: One car clever ca So he's now taken out fourth position for season nineteen with eleven points.
Speaker 3: On on Kyle or well done. It's been so long that we've done I mean we call clever because it's Carl Muldoon, right, and Muldoon is the guy in Jurassic Parker says, clever. Okay, I just need to I just need to remind her that some other elaborate reason will be Kyle, you are clever. You know we're not just we're not discounting that, but I like, we've been doing it for so long, Like, what do we call clever car? There's the reason there are reasons speaking of multiple things. Three points.
Speaker 6: Now, this three points goes to Adam Worehouse. That means you're type for second with Phil Hawkins because he's on fourteen seventeen. So let's see he gets the three points here. Oh okay, oh yeah, three points. Guy looked at me absolutely baffled there for a second. He's like, and it's like it's like second.
Speaker 3: You're putting right after you're putting the car before the doors, you're naming the name before I actually said the name.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna say. If this is Adam Moorehouse. Oh, if it's Adam, If it's Adam Morehouse, Oh I didn't hear the if. No, no, no, If this anamalhouse, you'll type for second. Yeah, I don't know who it is. Yeah, do you haven't tell me the name?
Speaker 3: That's right? Okay. Three points goes to sense and Sensibility.
Speaker 6: Oh another good title. That one comes from one Mike Salter. I'm looking on the lead the board here. No, Mike Salter said, we've got two newbies in the final round, two new names into the wild card draw for next week.
Speaker 3: This is fantastic. I mean, this is you know what you want from a New Name Championship. You want an underdog to come in and if not, necessarily take the title from Jerry. And still they get a wild card. What are you going for you if you're a wildcard entry, if you're even just on the so the wildcat. So next we're going to do our season nineteen wrap up finale. That's correction Nannigan's thinking, whatever we want to call it, and we'll do a wild card drawer where one person gets. So the first person comes first tier, which is his name is Jared. He now wins an entire season on our top tier. He gets to be a Stonecutter for the year. So that's why he should really now start getting involved in season twenty for the New Name Championship. So he's now a stonecutter for free for an entire season. Free, oh free. And our man.
Speaker 6: Who came second, okay, well there's no prize for second. It's just the wild card draw. You've got to come first and then there's a wildcupter that unfortunately, Phil, you came second that seventeen points, but you go into the wild card draw and the wild card draw gets the eight dollar tier for the season.
Speaker 3: Pretty good. You'll you'll you may be Philip Jay Hawkins. On your driver's license or form of identification, you remain Phil Hawkins, which, quite frankly, it sounds cooler. Yeah, Phil Hawkins. Phil Hawkins sounds like an author to me. It sounds like a footballer from the nineteen seventies. Phil Hawkins. What kind of sport though? Football? Yeah? Over football? Rules the rules? Yeah yeah, yeah, dunk like like a rover, Phil Hawkins. Yeah, Phil gets in and under Phil you'll you'll probably listening to the game. What the fuck are they talking about?
Speaker 7: Blind?
Speaker 3: This is this guy? What the fuck are we talking about? True? But trust us when we say this is the highest form of compliment. Yes, you're the guy sitting on the bench at halftime, this is the nineteen seventy You're probably smoking a cigarette before you go out and play another half of dart with a pie. Yeah yeah, darting a pie and maybe maybe a sneaky beer under it. We joke, but that's probably what they were doing. This is honestly what they were doing. You can actually see pictures of footballers at halftime eating the pie and eating the pie, smoking a cigarette and sometimes both, Yeah, drinking like that, didn't care what a great game. Did you know that?
Speaker 6: By supporting our show on page, you get access to four exclusive podcasts per month, including Talking Signfouled, Tales of Futurama, Speaking of the Hill, and the Movie Guys. Plus you also get early and add free access to four Finger Discount going down to south Park TV launch pod, and the one about Friends. That's twenty hours of podcast each month for the cost of a cup of coffee.
Speaker 7: Fick god, it got here, So.
Speaker 6: Go ahead and support your palas Guyandanda today at patreon dot com. Slash four finger discount link is an description of this podcast. All right, well, that is our review of All about Lisa, and that is season nineteen, done and dusted. Of course, next we're going to do our wrap up show where we can go through our top five episodes of the season.
Speaker 3: But a fun there. What a long, strange journey has been. It has been so there's been some absolute stinkers this season, but overall though, I think there's been a lot of positives. We were pleasantly surprised they ended. I think they ended strong season nineteen. They did, didn't they? Yeah, I think the last few episodes would be gone, not bad.
Speaker 6: Let's have a look season nineteen, Simson's the last couple. I think there was one reason that wasn't so all about Lisa was the right Mona Leeds was, Yeah, it was all right, Yeah it was okay. Yeah, any given sundance. We really enjoyed true Apockelypse, cow do. We enjoyed what was a nice bart story where you.
Speaker 3: Looked at the cloud. Also, you know, anything with a bit of Zoe Deschanel is okay by me? Right?
Speaker 6: And Papa don't leach, which was where make real the City sprieof has gone broke? I remember that that that bait and switch. Yeah, look now we're even broker. A lot of stuff we enjoyed, yes, really really not a I'd say it was a solid season. It was fine. They can't all be winnings. No, But when when we see people say The Simpsons was crap after season ten, that's that's not true. I mean it had it was not as good, but by no means terrible.
Speaker 3: You're just not putting in the hours like your pals Dan. Yeah, watching every episode finding the little diamonds in the rough.
Speaker 6: So you guys are aware, We've given you, guys, six hundred hours of free content.
Speaker 3: Now over the last nine years.
Speaker 6: So if you're out there listening and you've enjoyed those six hundred hours of free content, we'd really appreciate if you could give us one dollar Patreon for a month, just to help support the show and getting lights on it.
Speaker 3: You should know that Jed actually did eat that twenty dollars and twet dollars can buy many peanuts and I forgot to explain now, all right, but yes, made look at you want to be a patron that we really appreciate it.
Speaker 6: Yes, and rate reviewers on Apple podcast Spotify. Of course you know the spiell. But for now, mister Davis, that's season nineteen or wrapped up next week is our season in review? Any find the words of those amazing listeners out there
Speaker 3: Now that's well performed comedy s