Speaker 1: In the sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six nine in the games, Mike the Bulldog beyond g jr r.
Speaker 2: Bulldog Sports page is brought you by PayPal, which, by the way, I thought of the Bulldog immediately when I saw this. Des Uh, Bulldog, you being the big class first off, Good morning Bulldog.
Speaker 3: Good morning guys, you being the big.
Speaker 2: Classic rock guy you are you're familiar with Fleetwood Max, go your own way, right?
Speaker 3: Oh, absolutely, you can go.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be featured in a new PayPal campaign. There'll be a sneak peek of that tonight and then you're gonna see the commercial over the weekend featuring Will Ferrell singing his version of that while in a bathtub.
Speaker 3: No, yes, he's in a bathtub at that. Like Pat said, dude.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be showing up during the basketball games this weekend, So we thought the dog would get a kick out of that.
Speaker 3: You used to love Stevie Nicks back in the day, right, are you kidding?
Speaker 2: Hey? Where do you Where do you want to begin this morning? Bulldog?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't actually want to look well. Sad news obviously up at Florida State they've they've shut down all their athletic competition this weekend because of the shootings that happened on campus. Jonathan Isaac, Orlando Magic player, he went to Florida State. He was very emotional yesterday during after magic practice talking about it. So, yeah, thoughts and prayers obviously go out to all the people up in Tallahassee. One of my best friend's daughters Goes, Goes, both of her daughters go to Florida State, and they were in lockdown yesterday, so scary, scary.
Speaker 2: We were we were talking about how the odds are really good that most folks listening to our voices right now have someone or someone somewhere connected to f SU. And your immediate thoughts yesterday when you got the news are like, boy, I hope so and so is safe and sound.
Speaker 1: And shoot them a text to make make sure. Yeah, the kids did well, to make sure, reach out to families and friends and all that.
Speaker 3: So I'm proud of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Speaking of FSU, FSU legend Lee Corso Orlando Zone, he's retiring from college football Game Day on ESPN. That was announced yesterday. Corso has been living in Orlando obviously since he coached the Orlando Renegades back in nineteen the mid nineteen eighties, By the way, that's how he was discovered at ESPN. He was coaching the Renegades. ESPN televised the USFL back then, and because Lee was such a funny quipster in his postgame press conferences, he got his foot in the door and they hired him for the college football coverage and the rest is history. Lee, of course, is getting older. He turns ninety in August. His last broadcast will be August thirtieth. So Lee, course, who every no matter how many times you saw it when he put on the mascothead to make his pick, loved it.
Speaker 3: Did you not have a smile on your first graph?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You know, what's chill? You know, you know, it's kind of odd that bulldog. Just last week we were talking about this. This announcement comes as a bit of a surprise because as as recently as last week it was stated that they were going to talk to Lee after the season, and I kind of see where he stood on everything, and then all of a sudden, you know, here comes this announcement. He's going to do that that first opening weekend and then that'll be uh, that'll be it.
Speaker 4: I remember when game day was on campus for UCF back in twenty eighteen. They were playing Cincinnati. Lee didn't just put on the mask gothead. He put on the whole nightro outfit. Yeah, okay, Well he picked the Gators one time to win the national championship. He actually had a live baby alligator in his hands. The man they should cont Do you think they should continue the mascotead tradition with somebody else?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, nope, retirement. That's his his stick unless they said, in honor still find no matter who puts the mask on.
Speaker 4: You could put Taco Bob on there and have you put the mask on, head on and everybody would.
Speaker 1: Laugh if you said not me. But if you said, in honor of the great LC put on the mask, insert name, then you could do it.
Speaker 3: Okay, maybe bring it back everyone.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you Lee Corso for all the great memories over the years we appreciated as sports fans.
Speaker 1: Great man, great man.
Speaker 3: Absolutely magic.
Speaker 4: Playoffs Sunday, three point thirty pm The Godden Up in Boston. What's gonna happen in the series. We talked about it yesterday nobody's given the Magic a chance. They are heavy, heavy underdogs. I'm gonna make a prediction here, guys. This is really pretty simple with the Magic. The the Magic win games when they can shoot the three point shot. It's no secret they've been one of the worst three point shooting teams. No, they've been the worst three point shooting team in the league this year. Well, they've they've been hot at the end of the season, right, they're playing a lot better. Last sixteen games, the Magic shot thirty six point seven percent from three point range, which is above the league average of thirty six point zero percent. Before then, the Magic shot just thirty percent from three point range. Here's my prediction. The Magic will win this series if they can shoot thirty five percent or better from three point range.
Speaker 2: I don't know if they could do it. And they could do that, they're the series. You're on the record there. Doug Lightning found out when their first playoff game, it'll be home on Tuesday. They don't play until Tuesday, hosting your Panthers Bulldog.
Speaker 3: There you gore you go.
Speaker 2: Wait. By the way, hold On just went out at the F one desk. Uh, we go to our F one insider, Taco Bakan set for the big weekend. Where are we this week? Taco?
Speaker 3: You don't know?
Speaker 2: You can google it right now?
Speaker 1: What No, I was actually traveling there. Where we are going to be in Belgium? Damn it, son of a gun? Where are Saudi Arabian Grand Prix? I'll tell you Norris is gonna win. That's it.
Speaker 3: I forgot.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you. F one.
Speaker 4: NASCAR off this week on Easter or by the way, speaking of motorsports, well, these guys the.
Speaker 2: Cup Series is off, but the Infinity and truck guys are going at Rockingham this weekend, tonight and tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Oh there you go. I didn't even know that's good for you?
Speaker 4: Do you?
Speaker 3: Are you guys picking the Magic to win the series?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, a bo Outlaw gave it.
Speaker 1: Gave advice yesterday and said, do not take those signs out of your garage, Taco, the Magic signs. I was gonna take them out of the garage. Put just one, I said, I said, bo, Can I even just put one in the front yard to representing goes.
Speaker 3: No, keep them in there.
Speaker 2: I'd love for them to win, but I just know I don't see I have them.
Speaker 4: Wicking the Celtics, and I'm picking the Celtics in six.
Speaker 2: What about you? That sounds about right? All right?
Speaker 3: So dog six?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Pat, you want to go six? No, you know what, I'll go five. I'll go five.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you know what, I'm gonna go magic in seven because we're magical.
Speaker 3: I hope you're right.
Speaker 2: We do hope you're right.
Speaker 4: Hey, they beat the Celtics in the game seven back in the Dwight days. Remember that they went up to the Garden and just blew the Celtics off the courts and they get to the games.
Speaker 3: Now we got the Frontz and you know or other dudes.
Speaker 2: Orlando City, out of town, out of the country. This weekend Montreal is after they got on Saturday, Bulldog.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, they got Montreal Saturday night. And then the Pride are at a home tomorrow five pm against the Washington Spirit, the team they defeated to win the NWSL championship. The Pride still undefeated this year.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: He is Mike the Bulldog Bianchy, host of Open Mic on AM seven forty and FM ninety six to nine. The Game weekdays on at Jason Tuzzin. He takes time out of his show to join us here for the Sports page on JR. Have a great Easter weekend, Bulldog and thank you Happy Easter.
Speaker 3: Oh oh Lujinago on demand to download the iHeartRadio app