Speaker 1: It's time for coffee and company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day. Now, here's nick coffee.
Speaker 2: All right, five o'clock hour here on a game day, it iss coffee and company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven ninety. I say game day because it's really game night Louisville and Cal tonight tipping off at nine o'clock on the ACC Network. Just two more games left and then after tonight it's just Saturday. So I'm on the fence about making my way to the center tonight.
Speaker 3: And you know, I'll just be real with you.
Speaker 2: What's got me on the fence is, you know what has a lot of people probably thinking, you know, should I go? It's late, it's cold, it'll be a late night when I get home. And typically that would just be okay, I'll watch it from home.
Speaker 3: That's me.
Speaker 2: But but you know, my son, he loves this team, and uh, you know, he would love to go to the game, but it's also nine o'clock tip, like he wouldn't be getting home till like about midnight. Does that make me a bad parent? I mean, I don't think anybody would would would blame me for wanting to make some memories with my moose.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's in a little father's son night, little late, little late night. Who knows, maybe we hit taco Bell on the way home. You know, have a just do it, do what dudes do.
Speaker 3: But I don't know. I'm gonna have to make a decision here soon if I'm going on where.
Speaker 2: Or the other.
Speaker 3: But don't let me keep you from going.
Speaker 2: If you're you know you're thinking about it because you know, if you if you've got tickets or you know somebody that could, they could hook you up with tickets. Again, you only had two more chances, so hopefully there's a good turnout. But either way, no matter what the announced attendance is tonight, I feel like, no matter what the announced attendance has been in any of the games this year, those that have been showing up, man, this team has given them a lot to root for in that place. The atmosphere itself has been has been awesome. I talked about this a little bit earlier in the show. When you are watching a game on television, it's the it's the broadcaster's job to really sell the environment, right. They're setting the scene and they're letting you know. I mean, it's a good look for them if they're talking about how great of an atmosphere it is and how rowdy it is. That's really part of the job. So they're gonna do that regardless. Certainlyast try to. But I feel like this year, even though we haven't seen you know, sellouts, I mean, I think it has come across really well on television that you know, when this team's on a run and they're playing well, playing hard, those that are there, I mean really everybody in the lower Bowl it is. It's a vibe, and that's that's what you want. It still doesn't seem real that like a year ago. In a way, I think because of how quickly Pat Kelsey started winning around here in Louisville, basketball is once again, you know, getting closer to where they belong, certainly in the tournament. I mean, I think with Kelsey, I think the ceiling is still really high. Like maybe if he's here a long time and things can continue to go well, you know, maybe every year you're looking at the tournament and you know, a top five seed, I mean, that's that's that's getting greedy. Who knows if that's what will happen. But you know, clearly at times I don't even I don't I don't even look back on the previous few seasons and like remember that it happened, Which is good, right, block it out of my mind. It's a very troubling time in my life as a Louisville fan. But you know, it's it's also made it seem like a year ago. Whenever we were on the show talking about different candidates, talking about the timeline as far as will they do it as soon as the game ends, will it take a week, like you know, all that stuff that we were doing a year ago, that seems like that was so long ago. And I'm sure there are a variety of reasons as to why it seems that way, but one of them, I know is because here we are winning again, and it's just it's been such a nice distract. I mean, I kind of just have been getting lost in the season. It wasn't until recently that I started to kind of like no longer be able to live in the moment quite as much, because it's pretty we only got a couple of regular season games left, so tonight they are fourteen and a half point favorites, against this Cal team, and the kin Pom projected score would be a sixteen point win for Louisville. And we were talking earlier about Cal as far as you know, just being to me one of the more like when I think of Power six college basketball programs, irrelevant, kind of random, certainly not successful, like if they just disappeared, you would take a long time to notice. Cal is in that category for sure for me. But then we had other people mentioned the Nebraska TCU, who's the other way, Northwestern, and look those schools are also I mean, we also determined that Nebraska basketball has never won an nce DOUAA tournament game, which is something I did not know. But to me, Cal is more obscure because they're just so far away and like you know that they don't care about basketball where they are.
Speaker 3: And in fact, we.
Speaker 2: Were talking earlier about the one time Louisville played because when I think of CAL basketball, think of that tournament loss. And I didn't realize it, but Austin, did you know that's the only time these two teams have ever played each other.
Speaker 3: Was in that tournament. Yeah, that tournament game, the ra Kkeem Buckles game, Rackeen Buckles legacy game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were talking about how that game where I was talking about how like when I think of that game, I think of Raheem. But yeah, Louisville lost that one of the tournaments, so we need to get revenge tonight. We got to even it up at one apiece because they're gonna be you know, here they are entering life in the ACC, cal is and they've got a winning record against us. That can't that won't be the case after tonight, at least, I hope not. All Right, One thing that I did not realize, just because I don't think it's gonna happen and I'm not expecting it, but technically Louisville could still be the you know, could be the one seed in the ACC tournament. Again, I'm not predicting that this happens, however, with let's see, let me make sure make sure I've got this correct. Yeah, so Louisville could get the one seed if these three things happen. And these things are not crazy, are they?
Speaker 3: Maybe they are? I don't know.
Speaker 2: First of all, Ovan needs to beat cal and Stanford. That's not that's not crazy. That's what you should do. Be kind of crazy if you don't both at home, both bad teams, so that that's one thing Oliver just needs to win out. And then Clemson needs to beat Boston College and Virginia Tech. They certainly should do that, right I mean, in fact, do that game already take place. I feel like they already played them. Maybe I'm wrong.
Speaker 3: Now I got to look it up.
Speaker 2: Anyways, Boston College in Virginia Tech is who Clemson would need to beat, and then the only other thing you would need, which I feel like this is the to me, this is what.
Speaker 3: Is most unlikely.
Speaker 2: But also I guess it's not technically crazy, but you need North Carolina to beat Duke this weekend. So Duke's playing insanely good right now. I mean they're beating the hell out of teams. I mean really, NC State played them within ten at the end of January, and then from February on they.
Speaker 3: Did lose to Clemson.
Speaker 2: Of course, that was one of their three losses and the only loss they have an acc play. And other than that, I mean, they've beat everybody by a lot. In fact, they won ninety three to sixty on Monday against Wake Forest. So this one is in Chapel Hill. Carolina is looking like a team that might still be able to get in because you know, they've won six in a row. Although it's not against anybody we're talking about, they have played better and they are at home.
Speaker 3: So again, I don't think that happens. But I feel like.
Speaker 2: The other things that would need to happen for Louisville to get the one seed, those are like the expectation, like it not happening would be the shock, and that's Louisville winning out and also Clemson winning out.
Speaker 3: That's what should happen. If not, that would be a surprise.
Speaker 2: So it really just comes down to really and again, you know, I guess expect the unexpected, right it's March. But if Carolina beats Duke on Saturday, I have a feeling then that will just simply be louis being the one seed. And I don't know how the tie breaker would break, but that's that's the way it's laid out here within the ACC. So Louisville of course has the tiebreaker over and what you'd have is literally you'd have a three way ACC champion in the regular season, Clemson, Duke, and Louisville would all be able to claim a share of the ACC regular season title, but somehow Louislle would get the tie breaker to get.
Speaker 3: The one seed.
Speaker 2: They do have the win head to head against Clemson, and Clemson has it against Duke, so therefore I guess that's the kicker. But again, Louisville played Duke and lost, so I don't know. Anyways, a one seed would uh, And in fact, to be honest with you, you.
Speaker 3: Kind of want the two seed, don't you.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm looking at what the bracket would look like today if if if the favorites went out going off the kin Palm formula, louisll would be the two seed, and if they get past they'll play Stanford or which is kind of weird because if they this would be awkward, right if so, Virginia Tech and Cal are the ten to fifteen game ten seed fifteen seed game. So if let's say Virginia Tech beats Cal and then Cal I'm sorry, Virginia Tech beats Cal, then Virginia Tech loses to Stanford, Louisville would then play Stanford two straight games, right, because it'd be the regular season finale and then the first game in the ACC Tournament. So the reason I say you might want the two is because I think you want that opportunity to play Clemson, right, I mean, yeah, Let's say like Notre Dame gets in as the eleven seed in the ACC Tournament and they end up making it all the way to the Semis, and that's how you play. Yeah, that would make your path to the championship game better. But let's be real, with the ACC being what it is, giving you no opportunities for quad ones past you know, mid January.
Speaker 3: I mean I think you one is.
Speaker 2: You're not desperate for it, right, Like it's not a make or break, In fact, it's already a win you have and getting like if you're best, this win is Clemson twice.
Speaker 3: I don't you know.
Speaker 2: I guess it's better to have it twice than just once, but like, you know, I would rather at least have that than an easier game, because I think at this point, like you want to be able to do everything you can. I mean, it's just it's just crazy to think that Louisville will only have potentially two games in the ACC Tournament. I mean again, because they get the double buy, they only need to win three to win the whole thing. But like only two chances to play teams that are even going to the Big Dance when you get to the AEC Tournament. A gat A part of that it is because you got the double bye, but the other part of it is that you know, like the league stinks.
Speaker 3: It just does. All right, let's see real quick.
Speaker 2: On the Kentucky side of things, Mark Pope said something I think it was after the game on Saturday against Auburn, and I guess last night. I don't know if he was asked about it again in the press conference or what, but he has pushed or at least advocated. It's not like he's out there, you know, leading some kind of charge for but he's He's talked about college basketball expanding to a forty game regular season, which for me, hell yeah, more.
Speaker 3: Games, more fun. I mean, give me you, you're gonna you're gonna.
Speaker 2: Give me more college basketball, I dare you, because I'll love every second of it. But he talked about stretching the skill, stretching the schedule.
Speaker 3: The forty games. Uh and and again I don't really I mean.
Speaker 2: Just telling me there's more college basketball that I could watch, I'm all in on. But as far as him telling telling you why.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Here's is from his This is from his press conference quote. I just think it's time to expand our season out to a forty game season, like it should be a forty game season, especially with all the change, with all the change and the turnover and the lack of continuity of teams, and also with revenue sharing and everything else, it doesn't make any sense that we're at thirty one games regular season. It makes no sense. And I'm so and so I'm a massive advocate, maybe the only one in the world, but we need to expand the season to forty games. Even for the guys that go on to be a pros it gives them a better it gives them a better sense. So when it comes to you know, why he wants to do it, I mean he didn't really advocate specifically.
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess.
Speaker 2: Maybe more games to get continuity to you know, more time, you know, forty instances before you get to postseason play to where you can kind of, you know, figure out your team. I guess that's that's in that quote. That's the big sell for him there. So I'd love to see it. In fact, I mean, give me fifty games if you want I mean, I don't think that'll ever happen. But Louisville playing twenty ACC games, I mean, I wonder do other do other power leagues play that many? Because it was eighteen for a long time. In fact, I think it might have been sixteen games for a long time. Maybe it was, I don't know either way. When it comes to the ACC, whenever they created the ACC Network, I think it was pretty early within like the first couple of years of the ACC Network, they realized they needed more inventory and they wanted to put more games there, so they just added it to where now you play, Yeah, you play twenty games in the in in conference play, which look, I'd rather play two or four more ACC teams than play, you know, the Belloment's of the world, no offense development. It's just those games to me are honestly a huge waste of time. They don't benefit anybody other than the paycheck that the team gets to come in and play. And I guess you could to open your doors, but like soon that won't be a thing, right, Like it'll be such a known thing that opening your doors for an opponent like you know, Lehigh or Merrimack or whatever, like it when people don't have season tickets as much as they used to, because I still think those are season tickets always going to be a thing. But what I'm getting at is those games won't be looked at as like, wow, here's a big payday for us, we're opening up the um Center because lovel of basketball plays you're only going to see. I think it even it get worse as far as people not really wanting to go to those kind of games. It's clearly better if you're good. But like again we'll get that, We've had that conversation before. But so ACC plays twenty games, and the looks like eighteen is the SEC Big twelve they play, Yeah, they play twenty in the Big twelve, and in the Big.
Speaker 3: Ten they play they also play twenty.
Speaker 2: So the SEC is the only league that doesn't play twenty out of the power.
Speaker 3: Actually, let's see what the Big East does. The Big East will.
Speaker 2: Play they play twenty as well. So I don't know why the SEC does that, just like don't know why they won't go to non games in the SEC football schedule, which again the ACC doesn't, and I wish they would because again, eliminating those games against those kind of teams. I mean, just as a selfish fan when I think about the product that I enjoyed that is college football in college basketball, like, I don't want those games. I'd rather have games where I can see my team play somebody that you know I've heard of if they're not great. All right, real quick, before we get to our next break. The big Dog Vince Marrow. Have you heard this, Austin.
Speaker 3: Uh oh, the big Dog. Jeff Brom's gonna try to get him to come and be the recruiter. He's dropping the bag for the big Dog, dropping the uup tax.
Speaker 2: No, it's it's not Louisville. But he apparently has interviewed for the Bowling Green Head coaching job. So I don't think he'll get it, and I don't even think he would take it if they offered it.
Speaker 3: I really don't, because he take a pay cut. Like he was just wants to be wanted.
Speaker 2: Clearly, he seems to be like the most insecure guy ever at wanting people to like appreciate him and think he's great, and like he doesn't have any awareness that a lot of the stuff that like gets floated out there, like I didn't even have to look at this link from KSR. I did, but I knew that it was Football Scoop that reported that Vince Marrow interviewed for the job, because Vince Marrow feeds everything to the guys in Football Scoop. They're the ones who you know, are the first. They're the only people that have ever put out Vince Marrow being tied to anything or having any conversation the others. It's just been like, you know, people who Vince Marrow knows personally and tells them to put stuff out there even if it's not true. And I don't blame those people. Look, if I had somebody coming to me that was a coach and telling me this, I mean, I would feel stupid not to at least run with it, but I would also like try to let people know, Like I don't know if I believe this, but this is what I was told. Because like you know, Vince Marrow makes over a million dollars. He would not make that at Bowling Green. I don't think, and I feel like he I mean, why would he want to go coach at Bowling Green. He's got the easiest job in the world. He just recruits and makes a lot of money and everybody blames everything on Mark Stoopson, not him. I mean, like, and I'm not saying they should blame it on Vince Marrow. It's just you know, like when you're in a assistant you're not the guy everybody's thinking about after a loss. So you got the best of both worlds. You don't get any of the heat when things don't go well. You recruit and you make a lot of money. But apparently Meroo, along with Mercer head coach Mike Jacobs and Minnesota co DC Nick Monroe, they have a reportedly interviewed for that job because Scott Leffler left after six seasons just last week to go be the quarterbacks coach with the Eagles in the NFL. Because that I mean, look, that's just that's just that that's a very very tough gig to excel at, meaning you know, low level G five college football coach, because you don't have the resources to pay players like others, and any player that you have is good, that is good is going to hit the Portland leave. This is at least like the third or fourth time that a job like this has lost a coach just because they're like, yeah.
Speaker 3: What am I doing?
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 3: I can't. There's no way, there's there's no scenario to succeed here. All right, quick break, We'll come back on the other side. Keep it rolling along.
Speaker 2: It's coffee and company fuel about Thorpe on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: Now back to coffee and company fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 2: That's right, coffee and company fueled by Thornton's here on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 3: Thanks for hanging out with us on.
Speaker 2: A gloomy, cold, windy Maybe it's rain and it was doing something.
Speaker 3: Earlier.
Speaker 2: We did get some rain, but then when I was on my way in it was it was something a little the substance was a little different than rain. Maybe they call that sleet. So yeah, it's gross outside. I'm ready for the warm weather. It cannot get here soon enough. In fact, I was just thinking, like last week, my mom and my stepdad, they were in Cabo, Mexico. In fact, my mother maybe driving home from work right now. I'm sorry, Mom, I'm sure you miss the beautiful Cabo. I mean, it's heavenly compared to what this is outside. And also we did get lucky when it comes to the cold weather. We got earlier because I think I have been doctor macleury who joined us last week and said it.
Speaker 3: But he was spot on Austin.
Speaker 2: When it's gonna be cold outside, at least give us sun like I feel like a lot of our cold days we actually got some sunlight, which you know, the cold weather still stinks for a lot of people, but if it's sunny at least, you know, that's better than cold and dark and you know, nasty outside.
Speaker 4: So had perspective. Yes, he was absolutely right when we were going through it. I remember it was like I think when it first started January, it was just snow for three straight weeks and I looked out and I'm saying, what the hell, dude, it's sunny and nothing has melted.
Speaker 3: Whatso over sunny in nine degrees it was just it was brutal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was cold enough to her when you walk outside, like your body my body would just hurt, like I would just ache because it's so cold. And now it's not that cold, although it did get in the mid thirties earlier, and it's probably right there right about now, to be honest with you, and that's not terrible. But we had some warm weather that showed up, teased us and then left. And I mean that at mother Nature. She's been a real she's been a real tricky one this year. That's that's for sure, all right. So if you wanted something to be worried about when it comes to the Cow Golden Bears tonight, I've got a stat that is impressive, maybe the only impressive thing about this Cow team statistically. You ready for it, Austin, they lead the acc and free throws made per game. Don't put them at the line, Oh boy, don't put them at the strip. In fact, i'm looking at your hands off. I'm looking here at yeah, cuffs out. But let's not get excessive, right, no excessive force with the cuffs tonight, Chucky. I'll always think of all that's a memory we have, my man will When I think of Chucky, hepburn being a great defender, which he is. I'm thinking of going to the game with Austin whenever they were playing North Carolina and he was doing his thing defensively, and Austin looked at me and said, Chuck, he's got the cuffs out, and I'm like, yeah, the cuffs.
Speaker 3: The cuffs were out.
Speaker 2: He was locking everybody up, locking everybody up, cuffing them up, all right. So Louisville, they are number one in one statistic category here in the ACC three point attempted per game, not a big shock. They also are number two and three pointers made per game. I'm wondering who's making more. I'm curious now, not that it really matters, but is it like who's a because there's not many good teams in the ACC, So therefore, like who would be a really good three point shooting team? I bet it's Clemson. So I'm gonna bet that they don't shoot a ton, but they shoot a good clip. That's gonna be my guess, all right. So let's see here three pointers as far as uh yeah, three pointers made, it's Duke. So Duke makes ten point four to threes. Louisville makes nine point eight, so pretty close. Clemson is number three and then Virginia right after that. So anyways, back to these I just have never looked at these statistical comparisons that you get in the Louisville game notes until I mean, I've looked at him before, but just to see this late in the year, when you've played you know, every game but two to kind of see where you stand among not only you know the ACC, but you can also see where they stand, you know, nationally, like Louisville when it comes to their national ranking the most outside their number their number fourteen nationally and three pointers per game and they're thirty three as far as three pointers make per game. So as far as actually, no, I mean this, this, I mean this isn't I mean again insert joke about the ACC sucking right here. But Louisville's winning percentage is eighteenth nationally and their their margin of victory, of course is let's see, Duke has the biggest margin. I think, now I gotta there we go, Yeah, scoring margin. So Louisville is third in the ACC. I guess maybe Clemson is second, but they're twenty ninth in the country in scoring margin. And that's something I should remind myself of every now and then, because for as much as I feel like in the last four games, they just kind of have looked war and down and I'm a little worried about them running out of gas before you get to the tournament, it hasn't been a worry enough to where like they're losing games because of it.
Speaker 3: But it's just been something you know, I've observed.
Speaker 2: But with all that said, for the most part, they're not just winning in the ACC They're kicking everybody's ass. And even if they don't cover spreads, the spreads are usually really, really big because Louisville has beat so many teams by a big margin this year that that's what the line gets set at. Speaking of that, currently Louisville is still at fourteen and a half some decent good games, some decent games to that. I haven't really looked at the full board here, but we've got Round two of Florida Alabama that should be a really good game, Maryland mission Maryland and Michigan.
Speaker 3: That's a good Big ten matchup.
Speaker 2: Let's see, I just saw a noo yeah, Missouri and Oklahoma that Oklahoma could punt, could you know, could maybe solidify their standing in the tournament if they win that game tonight. But then and look, Oklahoma doing well would be good for But I'm also just gonna be real here, like, if Oklahoma makes the tournament, that would give Louisville another team and there aren't many that they have beat that is going to make the dance. But since January, Oklahoma is four and twelve, Like, how can you even be considered for the tournament? And again it's because the bubble is really weak and the ACC is just that good.
Speaker 3: But like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Anyways, I'll move on because you know, I just I don't understand how you can continue to lose and not like if you get it to me, it's such an obvious thing. I don't know anything about how the formula was created. I wouldn't know how to fix it. But you don't need to understand formulas or analytics to just know that if you follow the net ranking and even the Ken POMP for that matter, there's a major flaw, and that is this winning a game and losing a game is not factored enough in said formula. Because every year you see teams that didn't win, but yet they play in a really good league and they played a lot of the teams competitively, so they'll be sitting like below five hundred, well below five hundred in their league, sometimes even nearly below five hundred overall, and they'll have a net ranking that would make you think they're a tournament team. Like there's a clearfulall fix it, fix it, damn it all right, so earlier we were talking about how random and just.
Speaker 3: Like forgettable col basketball is.
Speaker 2: And I had a buddy, Mitchell who texted me and says, you should go through the ACC, you and Austin and just say the first player that comes to mind when you think of when you think of certain teams, I think that's, you know, because there's gonna be something. There's gonna be somewhere I don't have a player, but then there's gonna be others where like I don't really know like where to start, Like we'll start with Duke.
Speaker 3: Like when you think of Duke basketball, who do you think of? Probably Christian Layton or Foreshre or Grant Hill.
Speaker 2: So when I think of Duke basketball over all, I think, so there's two ways to answer this. When I think of like Louisville and Duke or Louisville and whoever, you know what I.
Speaker 3: Mean, like, because that's I think.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 2: When I think of Duke basketball overall, I think of Jay Williams because he was the first really really really good Duke player that I watched, And I like knew that everybody hated Duke and it was cool to hate Duke, but man, that guy was a bad, bad man friend of the show too, right, right, Yeah, So I think of him. But when I think of Louisville and Duke, I think of Zion just because I remember like watching him in person against Louisville at the UM Center and thinking, Okay, I get it now. This guy is insanely different when it comes to his athleticism.
Speaker 4: There was that photo of him ripping the ball from Jordan Wara and he literally like fressuring the ball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just the thumb made it look as if he like you would have thought the ball was a millisecond away from exploding.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I forgot about that picture and.
Speaker 2: The two things that really stood out as far as seeing him, because I mean I got I got to watch him pretty close. I was sitting like behind the goal, and you know, he's nearly he's near the rim a lot. And I remember one he's he's not like super short, but in person, like he has kind of a slouch, so he's actually he seems shorter than he actually is, but he's also not even that tall.
Speaker 3: But also the whole fat thing.
Speaker 2: And I know he's probably picked up wait since Duke, but he never looked fat in person.
Speaker 3: He looked like a he looked like a linebacker. I mean, that's what he looked like.
Speaker 2: But also what I remember watching, and I remember thinking to myself, this guy's probably gonna be a legendary player in the NBA, which right now doesn't look at that. But with all that said, when he's healthy, he's good. He's just not healthy, and you know he's with New Orleans. But anyways, with him, one thing that I remember like saying to myself, I've never seen anything like this and I probably never will again. And that's what makes this guy special was that he had the quickest and best footwork I've ever seen from anybody, any any position, any size. So here's a guy that is built like a like a tahoe, right, like a like a like a Cadillac Escalade. And he can also jump out of the gym with explosiveness. But when you think of explosiveness, it's not just can you jump, it's how quick you can move to do it. And he like his first step. It's unfair for anybody because to me, it felt like you couldn't guard him without foiling him. You're not gonna call it every time, but like he's so quick and physical that you can't guard him without fouling him. I mean again, they don't call it every time. But anyways, that's whoy I think of when it comes to the Louisville side.
Speaker 3: What about Clemson? This is where I go with your thought.
Speaker 4: I just think of where they were at with Louisville and the name that I always remembered, Jerum Blossom game, remember.
Speaker 2: Yes, just because of the random name, right yeah. And then I've already forgotten this guy's name. But they had a big white guy last year that that was there forever, it seemed, and they finally broke through. And again that's how forgettable you know Clemson basketball is because I've already forgot his name. He's gonna drive me crazy.
Speaker 3: PJ. Hall. Yeah, because I felt like he was there forever.
Speaker 2: Uh, let's go SMU. Do you have anybody?
Speaker 4: Oh no, because I didn't factor.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So for me, I think of a guy who didn't even actually play there now that I think about it.
Speaker 3: Emmanuel Moodier.
Speaker 2: He committed to Larry Brown at SMU, and I remember that being a big deal, and then he never ended.
Speaker 3: Up there because he couldn't qualify. It was supposed to be the next thing. What about Virginia. Oh this uh again, Malcolm Brogden, I'm going Kyle Guy true yeah in Louisville. Tie yeah, Kyle Guy or.
Speaker 2: Ty Jerome is who I think of when I think of Virginia. Those two guys and they played together. So maybe that's it was a.
Speaker 3: Little point guard that they had was there for like forever, it seems.
Speaker 4: Oh man, yes, I forget his name. Oh it's gonna like little Samoan guy if I can remember.
Speaker 2: No, I think, oh no, no, there's two different guys that they've had that that I forgot about. No, No, Ty Jerome, Gosh, Key Clark Clark. Yeah, but there was a guy. But there was a guy before both of them that that I'm I'm kind of blanking on. But he was he had like a little mini fro. I think he was mixed.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's gonna drive me crazy now I gotta look it up because he was like he was there, He was there before.
Speaker 3: He was like before TD Jerome and those guys.
Speaker 2: Oh London Parentice remember that name Prentiss? Yes, my god, So what about let's go to Virginia Tech?
Speaker 3: Another another one just because it relates, But remember Carrie Blackshair junior. Yep, that's exactly who I was thinking of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, because he was he if you remember, he was the guy who it was. It was not a common thing for a guy like that to be able to transfer and play right away because he was a grad transfer. But it was it was because of an unusual circumstance, right, like when you used to be able to go basically free agency was limited back in the day, right louisvill could go get Trey Lewis and Damien Lee because those guys just had an extra year really by loophole.
Speaker 3: Now it's a completely different world.
Speaker 2: But carry Blacksheer left Virginia Tech and it was a big, big deal and sure enough he went to Florida and it was fine, but he did not carry over a lot of you know what what you know, it's right, But now I remember there's also a guy on Virginia Tech that played for Buzz Williams that I'm forgetting that that that was pretty good for a little while.
Speaker 3: Uh, Let's who else do we have here? Let's go uh notre Dame uh our guy Louke harong Gody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I think of yeah, Herongody is the one that comes to mind for me, for both Louisville and just for overall.
Speaker 3: But another name was Bonsi Golson? Remember him? Oh yeah, Bonza? All right? What about uh? What about Carolina? Of course MJ.
Speaker 2: Yeah, It'll always be MJ. But when it comes to ACC, I gotta be honest with you.
Speaker 3: I think of gosh, who was it that Marcus Page? Remember him?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Of course?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think hit that buzzer beat or not the buzzy the off centered three pointer before the lost villain up.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then Louisville ended up losing to this team, this team in the tournament, in the ACC tournament, I think it was in gosh, it might have been twenty fifteen, their first year there. They lost to them in the tournament. And that team, gosh, that team had what was his name? A guy who ended up going to the NBA. Briefly, what is his name? Gonna drive me crazy? They have a lot of guys to go to the NBA.
Speaker 3: So maybe I'm not. Maybe I'm not.
Speaker 2: Oh, Bryce Johnson, I remember Bryce Johnson? What about what about Boston College?
Speaker 3: Anybody?
Speaker 4: I have nobody? Jared Dudley okay, but he doesn't have any Louisville talk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I only think of him because he was on the broadcast when we played them earlier this year, they put.
Speaker 3: Yeah with Pitt Who do you Who do you go with? Uh? This is Big East days. I think of a few.
Speaker 4: I think Sam Young, Levance Fields, Ashton Gibbs.
Speaker 2: Dewan Blair, Babykwan Blair, Big Blair a man, he was a monster man.
Speaker 3: Uh. Do you have anybody for Georgia Tech?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Chris Bosh or Jack So I think I think of Jared Jacksono when I forgot about him, I think of I think of Bosh overall.
Speaker 2: But when I think of Louisville, I mean I think it's probably Alvarado, their point guard, who you know for Josh Chasner did have some success, and then Michael de Vaux played there for seemingly ever. I kind of think of him to it, And then I got nobody for Stanford nothing.
Speaker 4: I guess you can go the Lopez twins, but they're not. They weren't acc or Louisville.
Speaker 3: At that point, Syracuse has gotta be Carmelo, right, It's it's Carmelo and Brandon Trish Remo.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, So I go Carmelo, and then for Louisville, I go Michael Carter Williams, just because I remember him being a really tall, good point guard.
Speaker 3: But Man, Russ and Payton made his life. Hell dude, yes they do.
Speaker 2: And then we already talked about cal What about NC State who probably probably Dennis Smith? Yeah that because he was such a big time recruit for them. Yeah, I gotta be honest. I'll probably also think about the big fellow last year.
Speaker 3: Was his name DJ? Yeah? DJ Burns, just because I mean, how could you not Florida State? Uh, Dwayne Bacon, Jonathan Isaac.
Speaker 2: Yep, I go with uh, who's the guy who ended up going to the first round Scottie Barnes, just because I remember he was a lottery pick with Miami.
Speaker 3: Who do you have Shane Larkin? Yeah? I remember him, was a bad dude.
Speaker 4: He had He had a great Uh he had a great tournament run in the year that Louisville won the championship.
Speaker 2: Yep, I go to this was a guy who played for them when they weren't great. But remember Chris likes the little five to seven point guard. I think of him Chris like blast. For those just tuning in, We're just thinking of the first player that comes to mind with ACC teams, all right, last one, wake Forest?
Speaker 3: Uh once again?
Speaker 4: This team uh like Jeff Tige, Alfa uk Amino and probably CP three too.
Speaker 3: Mine will always be Chris. These are my two.
Speaker 2: CP three obviously, and then Derek for Louisville. I mean it's I mean, actually this isn't even t but not for Louisville because he Louisvill didn't play him at that time. Honestly, you know who I think of it. I think of wake Forest, not a player. I think of Dino Gaudio.
Speaker 3: Oh, I've already forgotten about him.
Speaker 2: All right, we got to run quick break, very quick break. Will come back and tell you buy it really quickly