Speaker 1: Minnesota Goodbye. Let's launch with one Nita's rent. Y' allready, yeah, yeah, okay, here comes one Nita's rant on the Minnesota goodbye.
Speaker 2: Hey it's hot day. So this week's rent is about how the hell does my body know? My brain know that I'm by the bathroom. So here's what I mean. So I'll literally go to the store. And I knew that I had to use the bathroom prior, but it's like, it's.
Speaker 3: Not that bad. I can hold it.
Speaker 2: So I go to the store, walk around, do shopping whatever, and I still don't feel like I have to go to the bathroom.
Speaker 3: Put myself in the car, get in the car, drive home.
Speaker 2: As soon as my fucking tires hits the driveway, it's like, all of a sudden, my brain is like, what bathroom's here?
Speaker 3: How the hell does it do that? I went an hour with nothing feeling anything.
Speaker 2: Now, all of a sudden, as soon as I get home, if I don't get up them steps in less than one point seven seconds, there's gonna be a flood.
Speaker 3: How the hell does the body do that? I just don't understand.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 3: Let me walk around the store for a fucking hour and did do nothing.
Speaker 5: Fucking hour a.
Speaker 2: Sudden, I can't even get a bag out of the truck because I gotta get the hell out and run up the goddamn stairs.
Speaker 3: God, that shit pisses me off. Well that's my red for this. Love you guys, bye, very personal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there is definitely something that the closer you get to home, the more urgent the need is.
Speaker 5: You're so by the time you're.
Speaker 1: Pulling into the driveway or pulling to the curve up in front of your house, you are ready to blow. I mean you are, and you are like the minute you get into the bathroom, whether it's number one or number two, you could not have lasted another second. No, you're not another second.
Speaker 4: The second you're like pulling your pants down and you already feel yourself like I'm about I'm peeing.
Speaker 6: I am peeing, and gravity's gonna take it.
Speaker 1: I've got about a twenty two minute ride home back to chan happening, and most days I'm like, Okay, I don't really have to pee, but I don't want to be pulling into the dry way. Got to go really bad, So I always try to pee before I leave. A friend of mine, Debbie, I married her and her husband Joe shout out. She told me their grandmother once said, never miss an opportunity to go to the bathroom. So if you're at Cariboo and you know, you've been working on your laptop and writing your novel and you're at Cariboo and you're done and you got to go home, and it's like, oh, it's a fifteen minute ride home, use the bathroom at Cariboo. You never use, never miss an opportunity to pee. And I think that's really good advice. So I've kind of kept that in mind.
Speaker 4: I thought, doesn't it isn't it science somewhere that they say, like you should only be using the bathroom if you have to, versus.
Speaker 1: Probably yes, just going like oh for your bladder, that whole chrishany netty thing, which it's bladder walls, beauteral walls.
Speaker 6: You're bladder walls.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think it also has to do with like conditioning too, Like if you're telling yourself you need to pee a lot, then you're going to start thinking you need to pee even if you don't. And I think we run a study one time on the show few years where it's like, if you're not peeing for at least eighteen seconds at a time, you're going too soon, So I honestly start start. I'm counting pretty often when I pee to be like did I really need to go right now? Or did I just think I needed to go and I could have held it, because I always get up in the middle of the night and go to the bathroom, and those are the main times I'll count, and I'll be like, oh, that was ten seconds.
Speaker 8: I probably didn't need to do this, you.
Speaker 6: Know, I didn't need to be here right now.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised that you get up in the middle of the night to pee. Do you drink water before? Are you hydrating like right up until bedtime or what?
Speaker 8: No? Not usually, honestly.
Speaker 7: I mean I drink water throughout the day, but not I try to stay away from drinking it too much before bed, like a couple hours before.
Speaker 8: But I don't know, it's it's very hot and cold.
Speaker 7: With me, it's I'm telling you, it's like a condition thing for me because after like a longer campra van trip that I did, I didn't get up in the middle of the night to pee because it's just it was a different situation. Don't have access to a bathroom, whatever, and then for like the week after that, I also came home and didn't get up in the middle of the night in Peach. So I think there's some weird conditioning in my head. And I also I just struggle to sleep no matter what, because I think I will always feel like I'm not gonna wake up on time for work. So I think there's like some anxiety in my brain that like, I wake up in.
Speaker 8: The middle of the night no matter what.
Speaker 6: Just in case.
Speaker 7: Yes, but on weekends I can sleep a little bit better through the night. So then when I wake up, I think like, oh, I must need to pee, and that's why I'm awake, and then I have to go to the bathroom.
Speaker 1: I've noticed that if I got a pee in the middle of the night, it's one of two ways. I either got to go right now, or it's not really that urgent, it's more just annoying. Yeah, because I found that I would get up to pee, it's hard to get back to sleep. Almost all the time I'm up for another forty five minutes.
Speaker 6: After really yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 5: Almost all the time, I sleep so good.
Speaker 4: I feel hashtag blessed because I could get up go pee. Literally laid back down, close my eyes and I'm sleeping well.
Speaker 1: Isn't funny how some nights you like, you sleep so well and like the last week, I don't know what the secret is, but I've been sleeping like the dead nice And I know. My alarm clock goes off at four fifteen and I reach up and hit the button, the snooze button, and I go back to sleep within eight seconds I mean seconds. Yeah, And other times I'll hit this snooze button and I was like, well, might as well get up because I'm not going back to sleep.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that never happens to me. I will always fall asleep the seal and I hit snooze always. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And you take a nap in the afternoon, which a lot of the times sleep.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I sometimes do.
Speaker 4: But even so, like taking a nap, that's really hard to wake up from a nap unless I have somewhere I need to be.
Speaker 6: Like at a certain time, waking up from a nap.
Speaker 4: Is so difficult where I'll be like, well, I'll just set my alarm and I'll hit snooze, and i'll hit snoos and I'll hit snooze and I'll just open up my alarm and then set it for half an hour from now, and I'll just do that like twice entirely and just go from having a thirty minute nap to like an hour and thirty minute nap.
Speaker 1: I take a nap pretty much every day, and I've made this the dumb mistake because I don't want to sleep too long, so sleep for like an hour or maybe an hour and fifteen minutes. Any longer than that's going to mess up my sleep for the night. So I've done the last, you know, a couple of times in the last few weeks where I'll say I want to get up at three forty five pm and I wake up and it's four fifty.
Speaker 5: What happened? Oh?
Speaker 1: I set it for three forty five aay, So be careful, all right. Next one, this is an interesting question from Tina. She says, what is Susan's cookie recipe and frosting recipe that she used to make her Easter cookies. She did a great job. The cookies looked like they were made by a professional baker. Have a great day. Well, I don't know, but I will find that for you and I'll send it to you. But if you go back to my Weekend in five pictures either on Dave Ryanshow dot com under the Dave tab or if you look, I think they're still up there, are they? Or do they disappear because they're a story?
Speaker 8: No, if it was a story, then it disappeared.
Speaker 5: Okay, I know that. But was it a story or was it a post? You know?
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, then go on Dave Ryanshow dot com under the Dave tab look at my weekend in five photos. And Susan made these just beautiful, beautifully bright Easter cookies. They really did look professional. I will say that didn't come overnight to her. That she's been working on that with the cookie dough recipe is really generic. They're you're basically your store bought tasting sugar cookies that I don't really like.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it looks so smooth.
Speaker 7: I'm looking at this photo right now, Like the frosting looks so smooth, and that's something that takes time to massake it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, she's worked out it really hard. It didn't come overnight. So I can send that to you, Tina and let you give a shot to go look at those cookies. Okay, next one, this is from Kristin, big supporter of the show. Hello, my favorite crew. Kristen back with another random question. What was your favorite school lunch? For me, it was definitely the French toasticks or the nachos, but I always had to leave the fullest chip until the end. All right, thanks guys from Kristen. Okay, for me, it was either Hamburgers okay because Hamburgers was Friday, and then pizza because the school, believe it or not, made pretty fucking legitimate pizza for a school lunch. Yeah, and I was always surprised how much they gave us because it was about half the size of a sheet of like printer paper. So if you look at a piece of printer paper, they gave us a piece of pizza that was about half the size that big and it was square, is is Yeah, But then you know you'd get over here and everybody can picture the school lunch tray. The main entree in the front right over here was I think a round.
Speaker 6: One yours is upside down.
Speaker 5: Okay, and I could. I'm gonna look it up here school.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you've got the big main one that was a rectangle, the circle next to it, and then the three smaller rectangles.
Speaker 1: Body, Okay, you're right, Okay, So this is what I'm seeing, and this is probably pretty standard. It is the big entree, one in the right square, one on the front left, behind that on the back left was a square, the middle square, and then the around one on the back left. But everybody's going to be a little bit different experience.
Speaker 5: I'm back, right.
Speaker 4: I mean, so, I remember specifically having popcorn chicken that was delicious, and they would serve it with mashed potatoes, so you could dip your popcorn chicken with mashed potatoes.
Speaker 6: Ohh, delicious, so good.
Speaker 7: I almost always did cold lunch, so I didn't eat a lot of hot lunch. So the only thing I can really remember is probably the pizza was my favorite.
Speaker 6: I lived on hot lunch. Hot lunch for every man.
Speaker 8: It was dope you guys always, or at least Dave.
Speaker 7: You've said this before that you had you were rich if you could bring your own lunch, but you took hot lunch if you didn't have as much money. But it was the opposite for me, like we were poor and so we always had cold lunch. It was more money to be able to take the hot lunch.
Speaker 1: I don't remember I did. I was split kind of evenly. I would bring a bag lunch or a lunch box, and then sometimes I'd get hot lunch. But it's very affordable back then. Isn't it free for every kid in Minnesota? Isn't hot? Isn't lunch free for every kid.
Speaker 6: 's at Actually? Yeah, I think that's a new thing.
Speaker 4: I mean my mom, I mean, I wasn't like a rich person, but my mom was like, I'm a single mom. I have no time to make you lunch, so I'm going to give you the money for hot lunch. And so that was like the one thing that we had was hot lunch, so she didn't have to make anything.
Speaker 1: Now, the cool thing was you get to middle school, junior high, and then it was all a cart if I remember right now. In elementary school it was a tray. You didn't have any options. But in middle school you had a cafeteria line. You'd be like, oh, I'll get the burger, which was always like an oatmeal burger, not real meat. Oh like some of it was real yeah, strange, No, it might have been a thing. It was made half with oatme I and half with beef. And then you'd have the crinkle cut fries. You could maybe do a hot dog. Then they had a rack of chips at the end, in a rack of like junk food cakes. Ye, like ding dongs and zingers and.
Speaker 5: Shit like that.
Speaker 6: Yuh.
Speaker 4: But the cart line, yeah, I did the Oli cart line, so oh delicious.
Speaker 1: I'm a school school lunches. Top ten school lunches. Let's see. We looked here to see if there was a list of top ten school lunches in America. Okay, here we go in case you're curious. I am curious now, and let's see. Uh No, these are dumb. These are in each Okay, these are by school district, like Berkeley Unified School District in Berkeley, count of Flora. Burlington School District in Vermont has number six because it's salads and healthy. That's fucking boring.
Speaker 6: Hot ham and cheese. I forgot about hot ham and cheese. That is so good, delicious.
Speaker 1: I remember in Alison's school, she went to Chasca High School. She graduated in twenty ten, and we did several events over there in the cafeteria, and I remember they had like a taco bell in the Chaska High School lunch room.
Speaker 6: If I remember right fancy.
Speaker 1: So in other words, is like they didn't cook it there, but Taco Bell would bring by like a steam tray of burritos and tacos and things like that. Yeah, and then I think the school or parents said I don't want that shit in my kid's school, so they had to take it out. Now, if you go to Chaska or if you know about this, let me know if I'm accurate. But I think they used to serve fast food shit in regular high.
Speaker 6: School and now they've gotten rid of like all of that.
Speaker 4: Like the high school that I work at side gig, they don't even have they have vending machines, but they don't serve soda.
Speaker 6: In vending machines.
Speaker 4: You can get milk really yeah, they have like different varieties of milk that you can get or like a protein kind of shake milk sort of thing. And you cannot use the vending machines until after school hours.
Speaker 1: Okay, because they want pop machines. When I was a kid in our school, now pop to me, we called it pop and here they call it more soda. But you know what I'm talking about. And I remember they had pop machines and I was like after school and an activity. And I think you're right, Bailey. You could only get them after school. And I remember a kid pop was a luxury to me. It was always a treat. And so there was a kid, kind of a tertiary friend of mine, not a really good friend. And he got a root beer out of the pop machine. Oh dang, a root beer come. And I don't remember if I asked for a sip or he offered me a sip. But as he offered me a sip, he pulled the can away from his mouth and a big long string of spit, big long string of spit snapped back onto the can and he was like, do you want a sip kibbler?
Speaker 5: And I'm like, oh, that's okay, I'm good.
Speaker 6: I'll pass.
Speaker 1: Anyway. That is going to do it. A little short on emails today for the Minnesota goodbye. So unless you have something, Ginny, anything you want to add, anything on your mind?
Speaker 3: Mmmm?
Speaker 7: No, except for I think I got scammed a little bit on Facebook Marketplace yesterday buying something.
Speaker 8: You said that, Yeah, a little bit bummed.
Speaker 7: I just bought this cabinet and they had had the shelving pulled out of it when they gave it to me, and then I went to put the shelving in last night when I got home, and the shelves like don't fit in the slot that they're supposed to do.
Speaker 1: And I can't figure out. You explained it and you showed me pictures, and I can't figure out why they would not have all the parts to the cabinet, you know what I mean, why would they.
Speaker 8: I don't think it that they didn't have the parts. I think that.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's an Ikea cabinet, and I and we all know how difficult it is to put Ikea furniture together, is it. It's super difficult, And so I just think that something is not tight enough because it has the pieces for the shelf to fit, it just isn't tight enough. There's too much space between like each side of it.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, if I hope you get to work that out, because that does suck.
Speaker 5: All right, what do you got?
Speaker 1: Send an email to Ryan's show at KTWB dot com and we'll get you on the next Minnesota.
Speaker 5: Goodbye,