Speaker 1: Phone number eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. You want to you want to be on the show, that's how you go ahead and make that happen. Speaking of coming up on the show, we got let's see, we got Stephen Kent. He'll be joining us on this on this fine morn and that'll be in the.
Speaker 2: Eight o'clock hour, eight oh five.
Speaker 1: So I tell you this because obviously we tend to when we have Steven On be able to deviate away from the world of politics for a few minutes, except where it intersects with you know, like the entertainment industry, and Frank, I feel like we all need that. This week, I was at a I was at an event for one of our clients. I was at an event for one of our clients. Man, I could never get away from our doomsday updates, even when I'm in another market.
Speaker 3: There we go.
Speaker 1: Okay, one of our clients, Doug Ray Wealth Guardians Gentlemen, was he had an event for you know, folks that work with him, and uh, I don't know. We had maybe thirty thirty five people there yesterday and we did a Q and A and uh, yeah, everyone is on edge man and understandably. So I just want to point that understandably so that everyone is on edge. But I feel like I feel like on Friday Ross, we have an obligation to talk about nothing but nonsense. So I maybe I may be trending in that direction. Nonsense and cat memes. You realize you all have become cat memers. You know that, right, think of it. You have become the cat memers.
Speaker 2: It's like a sigup.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they got you. They get yourself, a shawl and afghan, a divorce, a hoarder house, you're in.
Speaker 2: You're in.
Speaker 1: He tricked you. They really didn't trick you, because you know it's still horrible. Oh I'm sorry, it's not horrid. It's debunked. It's all debunked that bad.
Speaker 2: You know, you do this for a while, you end up seeing like patterns, like like how.
Speaker 1: Things are, and you predict stuff. You predict stuff before you even see the edge of the patterns.
Speaker 2: Because you've been doing it so long you can just see how it's going to play out. Right. Yeah, for me personally, it's a gift. For others, it's just like you get over time, you get lucky. Maybe and I've been getting the feeling. See my videos come out of Springfield. I saw her this morning of a young African American woman and she was just in tears bawling about finding a decapitated dog and how she was terrified and it got hit by car. She was by car and she's just crying. I saw another video of a guy from Jamaica and he was made a video in a park and he was talking about how, you know, he was born and raised in Jamaica and talking about, you know, he has experience with the you know, Haitians, and if he said, just go out and talk to like a native born Haitian, not somebody that's been Americanized over decades here, but like somebody who just got here, or just go there and you know, and talk to them. And so by the way, don't go to Haiti. Yeah, anyway, and just talk to them and you'll find out that this sort of thing is a religious practice they do involving voodoo and it's it's believed that you know, they harvest, they harvest the blood and they do it for good luck. And then it's something he said, that's something that they would be proud of, and it's something they do over there it's their religious belief. So if you were to drop twenty thousand Haitians in a town of fifty thousand people, they're probably not going to be super Americanized really quick right there.
Speaker 1: But you're not and you're not implying that every single Haitian is even partaking in that.
Speaker 2: No, it is a segment of yes, But there's actually a percentage of the population there in Haiti. And there is another girl that said she was on a missionary assignment there from the church shoots down in Haiti, and she said, what they did there is they had to put a certain flat over their house so people would know that they practiced it. It was like a black flag or something. And she was talking about how that that was the norm there. But she said, if you were to drop twenty thousand Haitians in a city of fifty thousand people, which, by the way, Mayor Adams said that New York City was on the verge of collapse after their population went up two percent now today one hundred and twenty thousand out of the millions and millions. Whereas you drop twenty thousand Haitians in a town of fifty thousand people, what is that going to do to their economy, let alone all this other stuff, right.
Speaker 1: Right, these are all legitimate, yeah questions, conversations that have all been debunked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so there is going to be a percentage of this population that is going to practice this stuff. So I but I have a feeling the way this is coming out, in the way videos are coming out, and you have like the nine one one call a log from Springfield because first they were like, you know, and David Moore whatever he pronounces the name of the moderator from the EBCD was like, you know, ther French or whatever he said that you know, the Springfield Police Department said that they've gotten a report because people don't report missing pets to the police. That's not something that they do. That's not typically well.
Speaker 1: And also if when they do, like the NINEI one call log, they don't make a report. See, so they're playing it's word games. It's word games because they're not they're not doing an investigation because it's not a thing that they investigate.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: But then but then it came out with the nine to one to one call log where it was like you know, there it was in black and white from the police department. Talking about responding to a call where four geese were stolen.
Speaker 1: That's stolen livestock ross, which is a thing that I had to listen how stolen livestock is a common thing. Go to Wyoming and steal some cows. Right wait, I'll be right here, and I'll be here to console your family.
Speaker 2: You go right ahead. Or see how it is when when you maybe steal or you do something to another family's pig in West Virginia. Let's see how that plays out. Oh yeah, that's good point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But but my point is is it's not just it's not so a rampant thing that you can just write it off. Is that because what you're implying when you when you apply as somebody stole livestock generally, you know, when when they would rustle cows, they would rustle them because they wanted their own cows to raise, right, they were going into agricultural endeavors. They weren't killing the cow in a pentagram. Do you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you see people are like, oh, well, we've hunted waterfowl forever. Yeah. Well, it's not the cultural norm to go down to a park in the United States and to capitate a goose or or in front of children with a future shooter. Yeah, that's not what we do in this country. It's not our can can.
Speaker 1: I add to that too as somebody who has harvested waterfowl in and to hunt waterfowl, although I'm not a huge waterfowl guy because I frankly I don't really like to.
Speaker 2: Eat geese or ducks.
Speaker 1: I know that sounds weird and somebody probably be like, well, what's wrong with you? It's just a person. I don't mind them, but it's not my favorite thing. That being said, I'm sorry where you saying to just.
Speaker 2: Go back to the to the to the original point. You know. The way that I see this playing out, it has the feelings of the Hunter Biden laptop up where it comes out in the election cycle relative you know, in the last few months, and it seems so out we're you know, so out there that people are like, this has to be fake. And then as time goes on.
Speaker 1: We thought we thought it might be. Do you remember we had Juliani. I you were like, the whole story is ridiculous. You're telling me Hunter Biden's gonna drop off his laptop with incriminating evidence to it. Dude in a computer shop in New or Delaware wherever it was, and he's with all this evidence on it, and then he's not going to pick it up. That is completely insane. And you understand where the memes are gonna come from, and people aren't gonna believe it. But as time went on, believe it or not, it all turned out to be true. And I mean, I'm just getting the vibes from the Springfield story that is sort of going to be the same way. And then what you're gonna see in a year because I see a lot of people on Facebook and I just ignore a lot of stuff on Facebook. People think it would be the other way, where like.
Speaker 2: I'm constantly engaging with people and I want to get into annance with I'm not that way at all. So I'll be scrolling and what I do is crazy. If I see somebody say something I don't agree with or I think it's complete lunacy or just dumb, I just keep scrolling and I non in my head a little bit because I know how it's gonna play out in a few weeks time. Right, I let things sort of marinate and process, and I let time in the facts catch up to them. But what is astounding to me, especially on this topic, when there's so much stuff coming out about it, and if you dive into it, it's not it's not the arrogance of people or not. It's not the ignorance of people. It's the arrogance. It's the arrogance in their ignorance that is astounding. Yeah, they're so confident, They're so confident they're right after being wrong repeatedly for three and a half years on nearly every subject. COVID hunter Biden's laptop, just throw it out, whatever the topic, they've been wrong. And you think at some point you would have the ability to look at yourself and look at your track record and be like, maybe, instead of spitting out my thoughts on a topic two seconds after it comes out with no knowledge, maybe I should sit back and process just a little bit, because I'm continuously looking stupid and dumb. But if you've never admit that you got one wrong, your your your record is unblemish. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like you're it's like you're h I don't mean to pick on the panthers, but it's like the Panthers at the end of this season running around undefeated, undefeated, one percent undefeated. That'd like Ross rolling in every morning with his four time world championship sweatshirt on.
Speaker 2: And you're like, no, it's the opposite of that. What are you sitting down?
Speaker 1: And then I would tell him be like ah whatever four times. Whoa going back? Going going back to real, real quick to the waterfowl thing. Illegally harvesting waterfowl is a big deal. Those of you who hunt know this. You start that dude who shot that deer up in Virginia up at the Hollywood Cemetery in uh h, was it your Richmond? I know if you saw this story, the big old buck, everybody stopp to see and he just couldn't take it. So he hopped a fence and he greased that thing in the cemetery and drug it over to a piece of property. And it's so it was so non typical. He entered it in the state's big buck contest and people all knew which deer it was. That dude isn't hunting again for twenty five years.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: And his fine is like a house illegally harvesting, even if you. You can illegally harvest out of season, you can do it without a license. You can take it's called taking in an improper manner. All of these things are criminal offenses, in some rise to the level of felonies. And it is a challenge that wildlife officials face, especially when people move from some other place, and it can be as simple as they move from a different state with different laws. One of the challenges, and this is not me stereotyping or anything. You can look at the statistics and the fact that they have special classes. In Minnesota, they put together educational systems for relocated muns people who had come from Cambodia or people in that area because they were over harvesting fish out of lakes and it was they they deemed it a communications problem because they were free to do it prior to that in certain circumstances, and so they had to build an education system that didn't even have a weird religious component or any you know, any of it. They were and a lot of them were like sheep's head and stuff, which I don't even know why they had a limited on that, but they did. And so they but they were finding the substantial fines to people who could least afford it, and they decided where we're going to go and we're going to educate. But they don't screw around. So my question is where are where is the game wardens here? This isn't just a police issue. The police wouldn't even handle it. Where are the game wardens for the illegal harvesting of the geese? If you admit that, they because like they'll admit it, but they'll claim it's something else. That's a thing. You don't want to be on the wrong side of game and fish man. I've I've watched them nick people out in Wyoming. Those dudes will never come back to Wyoming to hunt again, and they probably won't be sending one of their you know, going on a vacation that year.
Speaker 2: It's a it's a big deal.
Speaker 1: And anyone who has ever hunted, ever held a fishing like you know, you know what I'm talking about. So I don't understand where is that component because that is outside the hands of the Springfield City manager and all these folks who are being used as sources, although it's mostly that manager, get your get your you got a game war in there, your semi rule Ohio, that person should be in there, Johnny on the spot doing something about this for whatever reason, whether they ate the goose or you know, who knows. But to Ross's point, it's always the same cats. I don't mean actual cats, I mean the same individuals who are incredibly confident community notes. I've noticed on every one of these stories is a simple one line thing, and it all goes back to the city manager saying this has been debunked. There's no curiosity and even commenting. They were commenting on pictures and audio and all of that of the nine to one to one stuff, saying that none of it's true. On where the media is included in the tweet, they were commenting that it's not true.
Speaker 2: The audacity.
Speaker 1: They don't even go, ah, it's faked, like the night will add it's a fake. They don't even take the time to address the evidence in front of them.
Speaker 2: They're just like, no, I read this one thing.
Speaker 1: There's one link that is the same link shared over and over and it's it's not true.
Speaker 2: Great, we saw this play out before with Hunter Body's laptop and with COVID. Yeah, it's just it's the same thing happening over and over again. It really is, but you're dealing with and then the people who are supposed to tell you or help you decide whether it's true or not by putting in the work. Because we can't all go to this town, and we can't all go to Springfield and do Foyer requests and interview local officials and all that. Yeah, we got jobs, We've got things to do. So you rely on the media to have that curiosity to do it, and they're not going to do it. Remember, the media are the same people who did that. You see the CNN fact check total yesterday from the debate. I didn't see it till after the show. How many lies do you think they nicked Trump for? How many times do they say Trump lied during the debate according to the CNN fact check or Dale whatever that kid's name is, thirty three times? How many times do you think CNN said Kamala lied during the debate if Trump was able to get thirty three in and politicians and politicians I know the Federalists came out within an article saying she lied twenty five times.
Speaker 1: One, she lied once. Yeah, and she didn't lie. It was a half truth. So and it wasn't even one of the things you're thinking of. It was it was, oh, you know what it was. It was the sex changes for incarcerated illegal immigrants. That's the one wee We're like, no, she did because she she wrote it. She wrote the damn thing on a survey.
Speaker 2: She's on video talking about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that was her one whoopsie. But then they called it a half truth and I don't even understand. Hey, you get there, so thirty three to half I'm telling you every No, it's easy to be ignorant and confident because everyone around you who's supposed to be an authority is telling you nah, Now you're fine. No, that's you're absolutely one hundred percent accurate because we totally didn't even look into it. But we are an authoritative news source, so feel free to take that to the bank. All right, Well we'll continue down that road and uh much more. Like I said, we got to Stephen Ken at eight oh five, So we're gonna blow through this Thursday coming up here on the CaCO Day radio program. So yesterday, well, so Tuesday we had our Triad Bourbon gathering.
Speaker 2: Like I mentioned on the show, that was great.
Speaker 1: Today it is the Triangle's turn, so I'll be hanging with a few of you, quite a few of you coming up later this evening. We do have some tickets remaining, so if you want to get Johnny on the spot, you're thinking you were't gonna be able to make it, but you can make it today. We'd love to have you. Details on Bourbon flight is on there, so you can check that out and we'll have we'll have we'll have a bunch of stuff up there. And thank you in this case to our client from Isell Health, Eric Wilson. He's actually he's actually going to be up in there, and he's the guy. He's the Obama killer dude for people have to buy their own health insurance. But we'll talk more about that. But last night I had an opportunity to work with Doug Ray, who's one of my very very long running clients and partners here on the radio. And I attend an event that he holds at his HQ which is in Clemens, and so a lot of his a lot of his existing clients come down there and he does educational stuff and experienced stuff and and so you know, once a year I'll go and we'll do a meet and greet and Q and a and all that, and what a perfect day to do it.
Speaker 2: You get right after the debate.
Speaker 1: People want to talk about a lot of stuff, and so Doug and I get up on stage and you know, and we're talking about the debate and some of the other big issues. And now it's time to go to the audience. So and it's very loose. I'm just staring. So, who's got a question? Raise your hand. It's literally, you know, it's it's grade school all over again. And the first question I get is about Ross.
Speaker 2: If it was the question is Ross real? No, I don't know, because you weren't there. I was. I drove one hundred.
Speaker 1: Miles to I don't know if that's exact. It probably is about one hundred miles. I drove one hundred miles to be there.
Speaker 2: Well, a few things. One I've said since nineteen I've been a sigh up since nineteen ninety four. I've been clear about that, so you can't put that on me. But also, I was there in spirit. I was there in spirit.
Speaker 1: I meant I just say that to deflect it. And then I got the question, which, which, to be honest, is better than me being actually there. Well, if you are if you're a spirit, yes, because then it would it Doug's building would be haunted. The question was what do you think it was? Do you think it was about Middle East policy and your thoughts on it?
Speaker 2: I think that was probably olive garden related.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, Why does Ross know so much about wrestling and video games?
Speaker 2: Years of experience.
Speaker 1: I'm like, you got to put in the time, You got to put in the work you do, gotta just do you have to do? You understand the amount of work to sit here and you can't see it, but there is a visible moment when I'm talking about something random, usually serious, and all of a sudden, Ross kicks into third or you know, three or four times his normal speed, and he is he's he's grinning, but the maniacal kind, right, and he if he goes and he starts monking with the one keyboard that's the next gen keyboard and frantically moving the mouse and typing, I know that he has struck upon one of the thousand cuts in the system of stupid wrestling or Joe dirt things or whatever that he just has sitting in there for no reason.
Speaker 2: I've told you everything can go back to Seinfelder wrestling everything.
Speaker 1: But it's in a system half the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like the moderators they said then the debate the other day, they were like they were over selling what they were doing, and it was very obvious, like when Shawn Michaels took on hul Cogan and it's a famous wrestling it's just a famous and wrestling lore where the entire match, Hogan would punch on Michaels and he would just do backflips out of the ring or he would act like it was like Mortal Kombat was over selling and it was to prove a point, you know. And that's yesterday. With those moderators, it was so obviously what they were doing. I felt they were over selling it.
Speaker 1: Okay, but yeah, there's not wrong. Yeah, so why does he know so much? I I there, I gave him a chance to answer. There you go, because it's his passion, which why did you think that was not going to be his answer?
Speaker 2: You need an escape from all this crap, like because if if you just stare into the abyss that is politics twenty four to seven, and there are people that do this on social media and I don't know how you exist. If you if you stare into that, you become the abyss. I can't do it. You need to have some sort of escape. And for me it's video games and wrestling and the Buffalo Bills and then now the gym would do the gym, doing a gym thing, but not talking about the Bills this season, So I didn't say anything. Ross is wearing his four time world champion. Now we're gonna lose. Now we're gonna lose tonight. Oh you guys here tonight. That's right, yeah in Miami. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: Well I wouldn't speed if you're over there, dude, you see Steven A. Smith calling Tyreek killo. That whole thing's that whole thing's a mess. And somebody made a very good point. If not for what happened to that golfer, you, this thing would probably be a lot more insane, right, Well.
Speaker 2: You're saying I was thinking about it this morning at the gym. I was talking to one of our listeners about it, and and uh, what you're saying, you know, he's what if I wasn't Tyreek Hill, I don't know. Well, what if you were a rich golfer, you probably Scott Chef?
Speaker 1: What if you're the number one golfer in the world, and let's no offense to Scotty. Even though the memes with the tear drop things are funny, you're not. Nobody's acted definitely trying to uh uh be racist against Scotty show.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I'm saying? Like, they're not.
Speaker 1: There wasn't even a component that was brought up that was all about a policing discussion. If they want to have that over the Tyreek kill thing, they're welcome to have it. You're welcome to have it. Theres a lot of there's a lot of people that think that that officer, not that he was wrong to escalate, but he escalated too quickly or too much. And if if that's the debate people were having, then fine, But it went right into thanks to his agent and thanks to you know, a bunch of poverty pimps that you know, live that only only exists for the purpose of, you know, making these stories much bigger than they are, or twisting them in a way that doesn't accurately reflect what people even think the problem is because that's that's their business, right. They're like, they're like a commissioned salesperson. They got to have the transaction or they ain't gonna get paid. And so if you're going to make the argument that, see, it doesn't matter how you know, how big of an important and wealthy and famous, uh, a person of color gets, they're still treated like you know they're they're doing stopping frists in the in the bad parts.
Speaker 2: Of the bronx or something.
Speaker 1: And the reality is, Scottie Scheffler could have been in a whier neighborhood, in a wider situation for all of you who want to catalog these things, and yet you still saw what happened there and uh, and so being able to literally hold up those two examples, I think limit some of it, or at least at least forces people actually stay in their lane and have the discussion they say they want to have, which I'm cool with. Right, you have a discussion about whatever you want. Maybe you're wrong, babe, you're right, and who knows, maybe that changes something for how you think it should be changed. But once you immediately go into these clearly clearly hispanic officers, all right, I do.
Speaker 2: It, dog, How do you know? How do you know? I don't know. I have ears? You know, people have accents right.
Speaker 1: Clearly Hispanic officers were targeting Tyreek because he was black. And once you do that, then you're gonna lose a lot of people because they're listening. They're like, I don't know that that's the thing. Even people would agree with your position on most other things. Sorry, I got a little sidetracked there because the whole thing was irritating me. So anyway, Yeah, so first questions about you, and I don't know, I thought it was an easy answer, but whatever, So there you go. Person who asked I don't remember the gentleman's name, so who asked the question? You has to say there's your answer straight from the the horse's mouth. Who may or may not be an AI construct we used to fool you six forty four. Hang on all right, because my my version of it, when when Ross and I do this, I have like a remote secondary version of it. It's showing me nothing and it says there's no show and no still wait, if it says there's no show, we can go home, right if that's what it says.
Speaker 2: So I don't know that I can put a call on the air right now.
Speaker 1: So just if we'll have to, we'll have to figure that out. But that's fine. We'll we'll we'll get to that here in just a moment.
Speaker 3: Every free day, every day.
Speaker 1: To be fair, half the days it's something I'm doing, but uh not today I think I have everything correct. Hey, did you guys see the Joe Biden wearing the Trump hat yesterday?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: We were talking earlier when we open the show. We were discussing the process of scrolling and seeing people who snap immediately to decisions, right, and then they will just they'll they'll die on that hill Man and so that Joe Biden there, there was a screenshot of Joe Biden. He's got a Trump twenty twenty four hat on, and the very same people who always were right, Now, that's a photoshop. That's a photoshop. And I'm like, maybe I thought maybe it's a photoshop, but here's the difference. I went and I'm like, I'm gonna figure out why it's a photoshop if it is, because half the time when there is that, there's a.
Speaker 2: Story.
Speaker 1: And also if people are putting that out and presenting it as real, I need to know whose accounts to block, so I don't because it wastes my time. We were talking about this the other day somebody say, oh, you're all about censorship. Me blocking people because you're wasting my time is not government censorship, you absolute dolt who should be blocked. And I'm not the government telling people to do it.
Speaker 2: Really, you know you have the ry to tell, but it doesn't mean I have the right to. I'm forced to listen to you.
Speaker 1: Yes, and again, if I was just if it was just listening, it's one thing. But when I see you post something that I go, oh, tell me more, and then I go look at it, and consistently I find out that it's just it's you who thinks you're funny, or you doesn't check stuff. You've wasted my time, and my time is valuable.
Speaker 2: You can see whatever you want to say, you can scream into the void, but I don't have to listen to you.
Speaker 1: So the same folks like that it's a photoshop, just be done with it, because that's the knee jerk reaction. Now, anything you don't like, you just accuse it of being fake and then you move on. And I know some of you are losing your mind with you. You go, oh, it's rich covering from you with Trump with the fake news. Yeah, yeah, sometimes sometimes when he does say it's fake news, it's kind of not fake news, but a lot of times it is. And that's why I will gladly explain to you it's fake news. Kamala Harris only lying once and Trump line thirty three times. According to CNN's fact check, analysis is indisputably fake news. Indisputably, And they go, well, how would you assess that? I would assess that, But I could find I can find you three different absolute diet in the wool moonbats who acquiesced to two or three points, Meaning I could have a panel of people who are hard left analysis, people who, if I cobble them together, have each pointed out several things because they all think they're given one away to look balanced, but in reality it tallies far more than one. And now we're over here. That is fake news. So the Trump pad is not fake news. The context is fascinating, though, I don't know if I want to set it up then play it or play it and then do the thing.
Speaker 2: I just dude, watching the video, it's absolutely amazing. Yeah yeah, all right, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna play the interaction that Trump had with this guy right there. They're in like you know, they're in a they're in a room with tables and whatnot. Everyone's sitting around and and buyer, excuse me by Biden's work in the room. I know he's he's worked, he's going around, he's he's doing the autograph thing and he's handshaking, and I'm telling you, I did not recognize the dude. And frankly, if this is the Biden you had seen leading up to all this insanity going into the UH, going into the debate and everything else, Donald Trump would be in a lot more trouble than people think that he is right now against Kamala If this is the Joe Biden that was out there now, don't get me wrong, he's given his he's given this dude some business.
Speaker 2: But so is the guy.
Speaker 1: And it's not he's not even doing he's not trying to fight him.
Speaker 2: No, it's just it's fun back and forth.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, listen, I'm gonna play its entirety. I won't talk over it's a minute. Ten, here we go, presidential.
Speaker 2: Hat rap, oh chill, huh. Yeah, I remember her name.
Speaker 1: I don't remember my name.
Speaker 4: I s.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know man, I'm an old guy.
Speaker 4: I know you wouldn't know about that. What I know?
Speaker 2: All right, I'm a young time man.
Speaker 1: Huh you heard mind of the guys that grew up with there was always one in the neighborway.
Speaker 2: There you go, man, you got I need that hat.
Speaker 3: My autograph.
Speaker 4: I don't know, come on, I ain't going that far.
Speaker 2: Yeah, obviously put the hat on at that moment.
Speaker 4: I'm crowd.
Speaker 1: You don't remembering cats? Thank you?
Speaker 4: They're good. You got your dog kick him.
Speaker 2: Hopefully like the pizza. Oh, I mean, like what just happened? That dude was like like like jovial fun, you know, back and forth banter.
Speaker 3: He was.
Speaker 1: He was connected and ahead of the conversation, which he hasn't been in a long time.
Speaker 2: Right, jokingly put a Trump hat on. Right, you took a picture, and then he talks about like he don't eat cats and dogs. Like there's either two things going on. Either a he's feeling a lot more light because he's not campaigns and he can be himself, or he really hates Kamala Harris. It's one of the two.
Speaker 1: I now my brain went to the first one. I went to the first one. But Holt but he was actually listening this morning of a tech variety and he just sent me this email. So all right, so yeah, so we got that thing cooking off in the in the background. All right, that did nothing, sir. Okay, unplug the whole radio station is what you should do, and then leave it out for thirty set.
Speaker 2: What is that with the tech? They're like, you know, I plug your motive and.
Speaker 1: Make sure it stays unplugged for thirty seconds, which, by the way, I think that's BS.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's real.
Speaker 1: I know it probably is, but whatever, speaking of people call him BS, I expected this email. So we just played that Joe Biden audio or the context I guess, however you want to describe it, of the of the you know, where he's wearing the hat and he is interacting with this dude, the dude, and the dude is clearly not a Biden voter, and he is he is probably he's excited at the at this at the proximity that he has here, so he can make some wise cracks. And again it's the exchange which is quick and sounds coherent, which is so outside of the outside of what we have all seen for quite some time. And I don't know if it's the reduction of stress, because I always got to do is go sit on a beach. Right now, I'm not justifying it. I'm trying just trying to understand how you get that. The reason I said that would have been dangerous for Trump for those you mad about that, is because all the media needed is like one or two clips a week of him looking coherent. You realize that, right there could be he could have twenty events, twenty different opportunities to film him speaking, dodging, question taking questions, interacting with people, and if two of them looked reasonably coherent, they could then core focus on that video by saying the president had a slate of events this weekend, blah blah blah. He was here, then over here, and then over here, and then they're just like, and here he is when he happened to be in Pennsylvania, and then they play a clip where he's you know, he's Joe Biden from fifteen years ago, and then they could ignore the rest of it. It was so bad they couldn't get one of those. They couldn't they could without the use of AI, they couldn't have put one of those together. And then the you know, the cherry on the top was obviously the debate. But whatever that was, that's what was something different. But the email I expected is guy's clearly an actor. Go watch the video. If that dude's an actor, that is the most convincing portrayal of a fifty something year old, curmudgeonly dude who's you know, who's who's blue collar, labored all of his life and probably has a seat with a little brass black with his name in it at the old local dive bar watering hole where he goes with his buddies. That's Americana man, that's it. And he's got opinions and he's clearly he clearly is not timid about them. And if that's an actor, that is one of the greatest actors of our generation. And don't get me wrong, it's not just it's we've got to this point where anything we don't like that's one of the other deflection. That's clearly an actor. It's clearly fake. And it's easy to be cynical like that because a lot of stuff right now is fake and it looks real. But sometimes you got to you gotta go Awkham's razor on this stuff and just figure out okay, well, yeah, I mean he's over at this thing and the guys, excuse me, Aukham's razor ramone. Let me just let me just head that off at the pass. So but once you do that, you realize that it was just it was a moment of coherence, which is why it stands out because it's not I mean, it's funny, I guess, and he is wearing the hat. So yeah, it wasn't like it wasn't gonna be in the news cycle. But the shot, the story is, holy crap, how.
Speaker 2: Did that happen?
Speaker 1: Which isn't a positive for Piden, by the way, It's not a positive if you're if people think you are so incoherent and insane that when you have an exchange that is a normal exchange. I mean abnormal in the sense that one of them's president. But but you know, guys talking trash to each other. I can't wait to talk trash to my buddies this weekend with football's coming up. I have pre prepared trash. I'm excited about. You know how many how many you think us up during the week and you just can't wait to you know, bust your the guy. You know your buddy golf with stones over something of the Joe Buck story, the Joe Buck Store. I can't wait for that because I got a buddy who hit his no, I think it was uh they were fiance. It was his fiance at the time with a golf ball. If you don't know the Joe Buck story, we'll get to that here and in just a little bit, I'm going to rebust his chops when I see him on.
Speaker 2: Friday, Yes, sir, mess the fuck with that.
Speaker 1: Joe Buck, the sports broadcaster, was out playing golf and he drove the ball into his wife's ankle and she had busted it, and so they should to go to the hospital and they had to like rebuild her ankle and whatnot. And they got a picture of her like lying and she's in the hospital bed. She got thumbs up. Try to put on a brave face. But this dude, this dude, h Snap, you know, Snap, hooked a golf ball into his wife's ankle and busted it, which we can talk about. I know everybody here knows exactly what happened. Everybody here knows exactly what happened. So why you don't do it? I don't know if buckets blue white. What his te selection is, I don't know. His handicap doesn't matter, but the red teas are forward.
Speaker 2: And I've seen this. I've seen this scenario.
Speaker 1: I've spent a lot of time on golf courses, and I'll never understand it why somebody who is on a forward tea box will wait on their tea box. I don't I was gonna say, I don't care if Tiger Woods is doing it, but I've I've stood.
Speaker 2: At PGA events on the on on a tunnel.
Speaker 1: You ever seen where there's like a golf ball in the trees and they're hitting through a tunnel of people. As as a poor golfer myself, every thought in my mind is I would murder all of you. But for most of us, the one thing you don't want is somebody up ahead of you. I have.
Speaker 2: There's there's a guy golf with.
Speaker 1: We were we were where were we we were? Oh yeah, we were down playing down by uh uh Manio and him and I are in the cart and he pulls slightly ahead of the tea box because he hits, he hits closer T's and me he's uh, he's quite a bit older and and and I put the golf ball through the cart. Yeah, through, So he's sitting there. Imagine you're sitting in a golf cart. You know, you have that open space in front of your face. My golf ball went through that. It was very quiet for the next few holes. Because yes, I'm a jerk. I should get better at that. I have a little bit, but I should get better. But every now and then things go crazy. Also, don't pull ahead of the guy hitting the drive. However, in this case, I feel like Joe Buck would take his life in his own hands.
Speaker 2: Bringing that point up and and that story.
Speaker 1: That story will be revisited. We could agree on this. That's it will be revisited. It will be revisited at times. Joe Buck probably doesn't want it revisited.
Speaker 2: Forever.
Speaker 1: Sh'll probably have it chiseled into his headstone. So yeah, based on that, I'm looking for because that's how dudes talk to each other.
Speaker 2: I reference this movie a lot.
Speaker 1: It's that scene from Grand to Reno he takes where he takes the he takes the kid the his neighbor.
Speaker 2: A toad, that's what it was. He calls him toad.
Speaker 1: He takes him to that barbershop, right, and he's like, this is how men talk to each other. He's trying to train him. It's a very funny scene. I can almost repeat none of it on the air. But it has to do with the guys at his construction job and making him sore. But the the exchange because it's so mirrored what people experience that when they're just out there being normal dudes. And I know I can't speak to your late ladies the version that you have, although some women are basically men in this sense, which I think is funny.
Speaker 2: That's just it.
Speaker 1: And so when you see that, you see this thing that is recognizable, that from a person that you haven't recognized it in years from That's why that stands out. But if you want to think it's an actor, go ahead and do your thing. I can't stop you. All right, Let's get over to this because you can't take a phone call whatever you know? Where is at nine mice and two of them with backward backward buttons, which you won't even get into. All right, So we're talking about animals. I have an animal story coming up for you that I'm very excited to get into. And I don't know, frankly, maybe this is the answer there in Ohio. You have to do it's you don't like to import species from elsewhere, right, that turns into a problem. There's a lot of famous examples here in the United States where we brought in one critter. A lot of times we bring in one critter to deal with the other critters, and before you know it, there's a thousand lady bugs. Okay, then we got to get some neat the ladybugs or earthworms. Most the earthworms that you buy if you ever go like a fishing shop, and the ones that you dig up in a lot of parts of the country are a non native species to the United States. They just got brought here and it works for plants and animals. I'm sure you're all aware of kudzu. Yeah, thank you, World's Fair and some guy have figured out how to get really rich out of Virginia. Pushing that stuff is erosion control all across North Carolina. So now one of the worst infestations of the world is here. That stuffs from China. China and Japan they have kutzu. But yeah, how about otters? Though I am now terrified. A woman a woman has been left bloody, dazed, in crying after getting attacked and mauled by a gang of otters. Do they have like matching tattoos? Do otters have a hand signal?
Speaker 2: Now the animals are starting to fight back, so they got.
Speaker 1: Wind of what was going on, and wait, what are you doing over by our pond?
Speaker 2: What's up with that? They have Internet, they've seen the memes.
Speaker 1: They're like, not me, you think a bunch of water weasels are so around watching watching Fox or something.
Speaker 2: I watched the debate?
Speaker 3: What was that?
Speaker 2: I did see that funny meme?
Speaker 1: And of course the joyless, soulless, humorless people of uh that are on Twitter, they just can't It was that meme of that dog who stared at the TV and see something horrific and it hides behind the couch and the original video is Darth Vader. This woman's filming or it looks like a golden lab or whatever is filming or lab have a horrified reaction to Vader showing up on the screen. And it's been around forever, but it's the video allows you like that big TV screen in the bar where everyone cheers, where they just overlay whatever video they want. So they overlaid Trump talking about cats and dogs yesterday, and I saw people trying to like report it and get it flagged and all this stuff because nobody's got a good sense of humor. That being said, it may have influenced the auto. That's a fair point. The victim had reportedly been jogging. This is in a park, geese, We're in a park when she was beset upon who's writing this? Beset upon by eight of the beasts. Have you ever heard anyone refer to an otter as a beast?
Speaker 2: Ross?
Speaker 1: Does that qualify under the fantastic beasts? And where to find something with your old Harry Potter stuff they have.
Speaker 2: I'm sure they do have a magical otter of some sort yet.
Speaker 1: An oscelet maybe, or a weasel or something in the family.
Speaker 2: At the very least.
Speaker 1: The woman, and you can see in the videos wearing dark pink running tights and a black shirt, is pictured sitting on the curb in tears, blood visibly covering all of her arms, head, and you can actually see giant gouges on her leg. The victim transported to a hospital while wildlife team dispatched the park to quote keep tabs on the otters. Wait now, what do you mean capture or you mean keep tabs?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 1: What does that look like? Do you now get the vice cops down They're like, Oh, we're gonna have to pull you off strip club duties. You can come down to the park and monitor the otters. Investigators found that the beasts they now called them a beast again, reportedly live nearby.
Speaker 2: Who is writing this? Are you? Wait? Are you telling me? Are you telling me? Ross? I have to sit down. I want to make sure I'm saying are.
Speaker 1: You telling me that the otters may live in the pond near the park. This has to be an AI written article, right, one hundred percent. There's no way it's not. Or you have the worst theorizing law enforce versus a wildlife department of folks on the planet. He explained the otters had visited the part. Oh what's this guy's name?
Speaker 2: Roland Nwin? Who's the wildlife department? Directly?
Speaker 1: He says the otters had visited the park before without incident, and the attack was likely due to a change in behavior. You know what, Ross, you might be right that change of behavior right at the exact time they're snatching up geese or whatever.
Speaker 2: Oh may you gotta what all right?
Speaker 1: So occasion needs something else to worry about today, be on the lookout for rogue, beastly otters. What would what would be worse getting killed by an otter group, a pack of otters or a pack of docsins because that was his story not long ago. Anyway, think about it. We'll be back if you find yourself mauled by otters, which according to like people, well people are now posting links to other otter attacks.
Speaker 2: Dude, what's up with the otters? What's less? It's less time?
Speaker 1: Do you even saw an otter let alone screwed with the dang thing? So I don't know what's going on. But here's the deal. You get wrecked by otters, you lie. I know you shouldn't lie. Maybe don't lie to the police, but light to everybody else. If if, if you get damn near murdered by an order, go with bigfoot or or a bear or something. And I understand, if you go with the bear, they're gonna find a bear. They might grease the bear. But I don't necessarily want that unless it's bear hunting season.
Speaker 2: But you know, you can't walk.
Speaker 1: You can't be the otter guy. If I told you that I've got no letting. No, let's not put this on me, because then it'll start some stupid meme that will follow me around forever. Let's say Ross walking into the building tomorrow morning, it's attacked by a gang of rogues.
Speaker 2: Square worlds.
Speaker 1: Okay, they they were maybe maybe they got beef because they used to work for his messenger company with the squirrels with the post it notes, and now they got nothing.
Speaker 2: They're out of work. They're like the Isis terrorists if.
Speaker 1: They only had a job, right, And they gang up like the like the critter ball from that movie, and they go after Ross and he he could walk into the studio.
Speaker 2: He's all sliced up, like, what what happened?
Speaker 1: Lie?
Speaker 2: Lie?
Speaker 1: Some lions escape one of these big animal closures. They were, they were downstairs. I fought them off with my bare hands. You don't tell people you got wrecked by otters, No, and don't could be wrong. Otters got some slicing ice on them. Otters got big old teeth they got they'll scratch you up the nasty if they want to be, But for the most part they don't want to be. They don't want to be around you. Although the California sea otters do. That was always a weird thing for me because here's what I learned as kid, that even if there's a small mammal, don't screw with it. We got blackfooted ferrets out in Wyoming. I know the animal rights people know it because they try to get prairie dog hunting shut down every year I was alive living there. Those are much those are much smaller. I've seen an aggressive one of those. I could totally take it, don't get me wrong, but I you know, still give it a wide berth. These otters are ganging up at attacking joggers man, and then with what they're reading on the news, that's probably you know, this is not a good time, not a good time to be around the the animals. That's all I'm saying, all right, eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. So the numbers are out. With the re repositioning of the DEI staff at UNC, and.
Speaker 2: These numbers are these they feel good.
Speaker 1: According to the UNC system and their final audit of or audit and repositioning of resources surrounding diversity, equity and inclusion. Following the direction from state lawmakers, they have Realigned one hundred and thirty two positions eliminated fifty nine positions, And I know what you're saying, like, Casey, why are you happy? Fifty nine people lost their job? Fifty nine people lost a job, sowing hatred between people and division. Maybe not hatred, because I believe there's probably some people who think they're doing good, but whether they know it or not, they are sowing division more so than they were helping, in my humble opinion, So do something else, right, I would prefer that those who are using the term equity and all white people are racist, not not be a job description. I want you to be the I want you to be the buggy whip company or something. Right, you know what I'm saying. There's no use for you anymore. Now, don't get me wrong. This is different from HR and this is different from also protecting because you are a public institution people's constitutional rights. One one hundred and thirty two realigned positions fifty nine eliminated and a total thus far of seventeen million dollars in savings, and there's more. There is obviously more that could probably be cut, but that's a good start.
Speaker 2: So what do you do? With the money. I have an idea. Hear me out.
Speaker 1: A seventeen million dollars statue right where Silent Sam used to beat. And I'm not saying put a Silent Sam one up there. I want to be very clear. I think you go super generic. This is a statue in commemoration of all UNC alumni and or students who have served and died in military conflicts within the United States or for the United States. So you can and it'll include everyone in can and for those of you go and within that dose account. And then you need to see how Congress decided that they were going to treat Civil War veterans on both sides for the purpose of reuniting the country.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I read some history, but again you're not doing that.
Speaker 1: You're just putting up this statue and you're just like, this is just to represent folks who were both UNC alumni and soldiers.
Speaker 2: That's it, and just very generic. Put it up there.
Speaker 1: And and now you go, well, why's got to be seventeen million. One, I didn't say it was going to be small. And two for the movie tra apps, not deadly ones or even harmful ones, but funny ones. I want this thing that if you start rocking it skunk spray, you start trying to whack its head off, which is gonna be at least I want it to be able to tower over that any it has to be taller than the than the chapel spire at Duke because right, that's you know, I got that contest going.
Speaker 2: Just gold plated, covered with diamonds, and it talks laser eyes.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, yes, I want this thing to look like they hacked through the jungles of Guatemala and found you know, oh, it's the Lost City of whatever, and this is the thing at the center or over where was it Thailand? Where it was a Thailand where they found that whole city in the middle of the jungle. The Dame Escape very famous, right yeah, And the ross wants to go blingy. We can go blingy because remember you're going somebody's gonna steal the blink No oh, booby traps just talked about this. How about one of those sticky nets, right the thing where it like it shoots, it shoots out, then it like sticks.
Speaker 2: To the wall. You're not hurt, but you ain't going nowhere.
Speaker 1: Next day they're like, why are you in the sticky net were you were you up to something because you're dressed all in black, you got a face mask on.
Speaker 2: What's going on? Yes, it's our seventeen million.
Speaker 1: We and and what a great thing too for the engineering students, the stem fields can put this together to combat their humanity's counterparts. Day you got a little campus rivalry going on, updated on the regular with the newest and latest and greatest non lethal, non harmful booby traps.
Speaker 2: That just amuse me.
Speaker 1: It's like I loved it when the University of Minnesota UH planted all those little pine trees around the campus one year and then like a Christmas rolled around and like half of them got cut down. And what was happening as students were literally in the middle of the night after a few I'm sure, pulling the trees out of the ground or cutting them down and then taking them into say Christmas trees and their dorms.
Speaker 2: Do you know how they combated that. I don't know.
Speaker 1: If you know this, it's pretty cold in Minnesota around Christmas time. So they sprayed all of the trees, the remaining and then the replacement trees. With the spray, you wouldn't know it's on there until you get it into a warmer temperature. So if you've told one of those trees from the quad or whatever, look fine, you get into your dorm room, and as soon as it hits room temperature, it say, it's like a skunk sprayed a dead skunk.
Speaker 2: For stinking too much.
Speaker 1: It was awful, and in fact it by fired a little because then what was happening is they would they would taking them out, but some of them just kind of like stuffed them in a somebody stuffed them in like a trash choot and it like permeated the whole part of the one dorm.
Speaker 2: But you know what, did you know?
Speaker 1: It didn't happen anymore. Nobody stole the trees, went seventeen mil to work with. Let's do this thing, all right, seven forty four. We're not building another boon big beer on the camp. You can't have a beer on the campus of a university. I mean you can physically have one, but you can't have a giant No, no, no, no. People send me crazy emails, sir, stop doing drugs, all right? Seven forty five. Raced Agic would never do drugs. He's high on naming hurricanes and stuff.
Speaker 4: So that's how they get their's life and hurricanes, Yeah, all those things. Yes, Hurricane category two when Francine came on shore yesterday afternoon about five pm Central time on the Louisiana coast, a one hundred mile per hour storm now slowing down and bringing a heavy rain threat Mississippi. Not a threat's reality around around Jackson, Mississippi right now, very heavy rainfall northern parts of the state up near Memphis, some heavy rain, severe weather in the Panhandle, and widespread rain to the west southwest of US, but staying there for the most part over the next few days. Today cloudy, departly sunny, and dry. Temperatures upper seventies, low eighties. Tomorrow, maybe some spotty showers and a few showers possible into the weekend, I guess, and I might be wrong about this casey, but I don't know if people really care about the wise. But there's the potential for low pressure to develop also off the coast to our east, and the Hurricane Center slaps a thirty percent chance on that developing late in the weekend or early next week, So we'll have to see what happens with that. But the combination of the precipt down to our southwest, and that low potentially developing is going to leave a chance of showers and thunderstorms over the weekend and in through Wednesday of next week. In the forecast now, the chances are low. They're about thirty to forty percent each day, so not widespread coverage, but still some rounds of showers thundershower will be around. Now depends on how strong that load gets. If it does develop it something bigger, No, could bring some heavy rain into parts of the Carolina, So something about keep an eye up. Probably have a lot more on it tomorrow as right now, you do stay dry today and even tomorrow it won't be much rain around.
Speaker 1: Are you ready for your buzz saw coming up Sunday?
Speaker 2: Saturday? Yeah, Saturday, you don't.
Speaker 1: Have anything because Clemson's a coward, but right, yeah, and then they play State the week after and that's just gonna be a nightmare for me having you on the air. But well, yeah, but no Sunday, man, I mean you got to take on a team that just beat its last opponent by thirty seven points.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but forty seven and yeah, really talking about now, the Panthers are probably some of the Giants for maybe the worst team in the NFL. So we'll see there.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's that much, hope. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well here's the thing too, if you're going to be bad, that's how bad you want to be.
Speaker 2: So you get to pick.
Speaker 1: But also you got to make the right picks. Because they didn't get the pick. They traded for the pick, and then they use the pick, and I don't know that people think the pick's working out, and I hope I'm wrong.
Speaker 2: I wish I will too.
Speaker 4: I would would say it's still early, but the time is ticking, and yeah it probably he's probably got a short leash.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, Well anyway, so yeah, you guys played the Saints. So we'll get into more of that tomorrow, but for now, yeah, I'll let you go back to staring at your doppler or whatever you're doing.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right. Coming up on the show is Lord of the Rings.
Speaker 3: Gay.
Speaker 1: I'm not the one asking the question, and I'm simply responding to lunatics on social media.
Speaker 2: We got to talk Indiana Jones.
Speaker 1: We got to get into you just a whole bunch of nerd stuff, and we'll do that coming up at eight oh five with Stephen Kent.
Speaker 2: So I do stick around for that, and we got a little.
Speaker 1: Something from the folks over at the US Postal Service, and we got to North Carolina connection here that I think people need to remember. Plus what's the NC legislature up to. We'll try to get to all of it fit in coming up here on the Cacoday Radio program.
Speaker 2: Oh look at this. None of us get to go to space.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if the billionaires don't go, and more importantly, if the companies that are going to actually privatize this don't have this growing this, you know, this initial phase of it, then you don't get to the other part of it.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: This is like many technologies and many advancements out there, has to go through the process where it becomes safer, more normalized. And it is through that way and through that streamlining that eventually you get yourself to maybe you someday getting to go up into space and do a little spacewalk, because.
Speaker 2: That's how it works.
Speaker 1: That's how it has worked for just about every big advancement out there. Right, Normal people didn't used to fly, then they did. Normal people didn't used to be able to afford a car, but then they did, or they could I guess I should say right.
Speaker 2: And it was through.
Speaker 1: Many, many, many years of development adaption by people who could afford because of almost the individual printing of these items or manufacturing of these items, that eventually the demand created a system where they could create it like an assembly line with Henry Ford, and they could create low cost carriers. So you could get on a Spirit airline one day and hear people screaming for no reason and watch some lunatic pulled off of their while your plane's delayed for two hours, but at least you got video footage. None of these achievements in human history would be possible without rich guys getting to do it first, as much as you don't want to hear that. And for those of you going, well, you know space where you have the government that develop it through NASA, which is a non military governmentor I understand all that, and everything has a bit of uniqueness to it, and a lot of the technology that you see integrated into everything that you do is part and parcel of the government. The biggest example out there, hands down is the GPS navigation, which, remember was such a military tool that when GPS first started, I don't know if you all remember the very first garments that came out. They had a pretty significant air I don't want say air range, but they had a significant footprint for where they would actually lock on. We literally didn't make it legal for them to be as precise as they are now, so that you like find my iPhone isn't necessarily a thing, and I know it's obviously different technology, but is a thing that is also an extension that is born from this. We chat with Steven Ken, tour official NERD correspondent. All right, so I'm getting the echo.
Speaker 3: Ross.
Speaker 2: Are you hearing the echo?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: All right, so that is fantastic. Talk to me, Steven, and maybe the echo will stop.
Speaker 3: Oh see, good morning, good morning to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that I kind of did it, so all right, No, I'm gonna put you on hold.
Speaker 3: Hang on, what is? What is?
Speaker 2: Why is the universe conspiring against me? Well, then I'm getting the echo there.
Speaker 1: Whatever, let's just go ahead and do this, all right, Steven. So I'm gonna have one one headphone on the side of the year. I think we would be remiss if at every at one at one point each and every time we have you on Star Wars wasn't mentioned, so I'm just gonna go ahead and get that out of the way. But also because I think that this is one of the more interesting stories because it speaks to what I think is going to be an absolute train wreck that is a three pronged train wreck in the world of Hollywood that the current Hollywood folks are trying to fight off.
Speaker 2: And I wonder if they're not the modern day version of.
Speaker 1: People who were like, I don't need an automobile, My horse is fine, and they're just not going to be able to get with the program. And that is AI, utilization of AI for writing, utilization of digital effects, for including people who are no longer with us in acting roles. Who knows how far that will go, And of course the ability and the changing landscape of and this is something that's been going on of the type of entertainment that people actually want, which necessarily has created this situation where there are no more Hollywood movie stars.
Speaker 2: You know, that's the big discussion.
Speaker 1: So the Star Wars thing has well, right now, it's got a little bit of the second, but over the years it's it's had a little bit of all of it. What is the latest problem that we're now running into explain it to us like we're like, we're five.
Speaker 2: Please.
Speaker 5: Well, the latest problem is that last week Disney lucasfilm has received a lawsuit from one Kevin Francis, a friend of the Cushing family. Peter Cushing is the man who played Grandmath Tarkin in the original Star Wars nineteen seventy seven. You know, the bad guy who works with Darth Vader aboard the Death Star. He really was only in that one movie, but was instantly iconic, and I think before then he was famous for vampire films and a couple of other things. But so after he died in nineteen ninety four, Cushing was gone and Star Wars was back on the rise. In Rogue one, a Star Wars story twenty and sixteen twenty seventeen, Peter Cushing was brought back from the dead using CGI and his likeness and an actor who they grafted Peter Cushing's face over using special effects. And they are now being sued for the likeness by not a family member of Cushing but a family friend, which I find to be incredibly strange. They are going to be going to court over it. There was an appeal made by Disney and a judge in the UK has said that it needs to go to court so it can be settled.
Speaker 1: Okay, And each of these things is as each of these court cases get adjudicated, you're creating. You're creating a legal record in a legal pathway right for a new thing. It's like when the Internet first came on, when they talked about it being lawless, it wasn't that it was lawless. It was that we didn't know how to apply the law to things. That's right, and it permeates a lot, like you know, searches had to be updated the way the law enforcement does searches for what is playing sight as it pertains to digital right and and and what can you do? So where do you think can I This is a big prediction. Where do you think this ends up? If not, because I happen to work in the entertainment industry, them just jamming this stuff or attempting to into contracts. And keep in mind, you're not going to get Harrison Ford's not going to sign a contract like that, and Brad Pitt's not going to sign a contract like that. But if you're a young hungry actor and you're like, hey, man, if this means I get my big break, I will sign these rights away. Big production studios are going to be more than willing to. They're going to be putting this stuff into contracts. And an up and coming actor who may one day be the next Brad Pitt may have signed something on his way up. He may you know, it may be like the the the Sylvester Stallone porn movie, right yeah, yeah, and it just follows you around.
Speaker 5: Now, I know, I know at this point Hepburn has been recaptured.
Speaker 3: Digitally for a commercial.
Speaker 5: You have had Christopher Reeves brought back for a crappy TV show for The Flash, Paul Walker, Fast and the Furious has been brought back, and Carrie Fisher also in Star Wars, Princess Leah was brought back for the Abomination that has the Rise of Skywalker episode nine. So you do have a possible future in which certain actors die and they are never truly let go. You don't have people step into their shoes and fulfill their role as actors. They can just keep bringing them back, and in terms of contracts, it's pretty scary stuff.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: We covered the story a few weeks ago about Disney. You know, not allowing someone to sue for damages after death in the park because they said that they were a member of Disney Plus and therefore signed away certain rights. You know, Disney is arguing that Cushing signed away his likeness in their contract with him in nineteen seventy seven. But I imagine Cushing thought it was going to be his face on T shirts and on cups and on pillows and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Re issuing the movie, you know, putting out an updated you know they have done with Star Wars obviously, right, exactly.
Speaker 5: No one thinks that Peter Cushing imagined that they'd be able to keep him alive and make movies with his face in twenty twenty four onward. But the thing that I take exception with in this lawsuit is that that movie came out seven eight years ago, and I think it's strange that the lawsuit is being brought forward by a friend of the family and not by the Cushing estate. I'm pretty sure Disney checked all of their across their t's and out of their eyes before they brought Cushing back from the dead for that film. So I think this is probably going to go nowhere, and.
Speaker 3: They'll end up being vindicated in the contract.
Speaker 5: But you know it's going to be one of the next frontiers of entertainment law.
Speaker 1: Now, can we get the family or friends of Yoda to sue for what they did bringing him back?
Speaker 3: Yes? Probably probably so?
Speaker 1: Did you are were you on those people who thought it was really cool when he was flipping around like a lunatic?
Speaker 5: No, that was horrible, Okay, absolutely horrible.
Speaker 1: Remember what was the name of that of the of the Mechanical duty was fighting forgive me? I don't remember, but.
Speaker 5: Yoda started doing all sorts of crazy CGI flips in two thousand and two for Attack of the Clones when he battled Count Dooku. Christopher Lee, who, by the way, Christopher Lee is a very wonderful candidate for an actor who was so iconic that they might try to bring back, you know, for future movies. He's dead now, but he plays Saramon in Lord of the Rings. He plays Count in Star Wars. I would very much imagine that Christopher Lee is an actor that they're going to want to bring back rather than recast.
Speaker 2: I have a question for Steven. Yeah, isn't there a similar law put in a place after Back to the Future too for the actor that played George mcfluh.
Speaker 1: And they decided that you could not do that. That was a whole bigger thing, wasn't it. Yeah, that was a whole bigger thing with him. But he's like, you're talking Crispin Glover right, because it's.
Speaker 2: Very similar where back to the future too, the guy that plays George McFly it's not the same guy that played him. And back to the Future one, they hired a guy and they made him look like him, and they decided to as hell yeah, hell yeah. I think they don't know if they passed a law or ruled they said you could not do that anymore. You couldn't do another person's likeness. It sounds very familiar, like similar, No, they couldn't, you couldn't do another person.
Speaker 1: I remember, I actually I actually, well, I'll let Steven answer if he wants, but I actually know the answer to this, and it was that the beef was because it was not made clear that it wasn't him. So they said that it didn't matter who was playing. And Crispin Glover was saying that if you do that and you don't delineate that it's not me. If it reflects poorly, I have no control over it, which I actually think is a legitimate argument, and he was alive, although I also think Crispin Glover is a weird dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I think this.
Speaker 5: Raises one question going back to Cushing, which is that you know, there are certain actors who the actor that they hired to play him in Rogue One, he did a wonderful performance, like a wonderful impersonation of Peter Cushing as Tarkan and Star Wars, and then they grafted Cushing's face over him, and you kind of like would have never known that there was a wonderful performance done by a great actor who could impersonate Cushing. But you know, you could have just hired Charles Dance, you know, the famous British actor who plays Tayland Lanister in Game of Thrones, in order to do a wonderful Cushing impersonation. You just need to actually let actors do the job of performing, and even if that means performing a character who is made iconic by someone else.
Speaker 3: You need to do that.
Speaker 5: And we've had this same debate in the music industry. And I don't mean to change the subject here, but you know, passed away singers and famous performers Elvis, we've had debates in this country about whether or not they should be brought back by hologram to go on tour. Can you go and see a tour of Elvis performing using hologram technology?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 5: And we had that same discussion around the death of Chester Bennington and Lincoln Park.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there was a lot of speculation that he was going to be brought back by hologram and that is going to happen one day with somebody.
Speaker 2: Well, they're working, don't they.
Speaker 1: They either have it or they're working on a show like a Vegas show that has a bunch of like they're good, they went out.
Speaker 2: I mean, they're gonna go out and get the rights and all this.
Speaker 1: But you you'll be able to go to Vegas and watch a hologram show of I don't let's just say it's Michael Jackson. I don't know who it is, but Michael Jackson, and then I don't know Diana Ross and and you know who the hell knows?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: And I think people will pay to go see that because it's Vegas and we make bad decisions, but also they'll probably put so much money into it it'll be like the ORB or whatever there where. It's one of these things you got to see once in your lifetime and it will probably be pretty successful.
Speaker 2: I think people will show up for that.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you, let me ask you this question on the on the Bennington thing, and I want you to be Lou Pearlman for the purpose of this discussion, Steven, do you mind.
Speaker 3: I can do that?
Speaker 1: For those of you who don't remember who Lou Pearlman is, he's that really fat dude who was the boy band guy and they're like, why does he like working with boys so much?
Speaker 2: Then we found out, But also.
Speaker 3: Why would you why would you want me to do that?
Speaker 1: But go ahead, because because Lou Pearlman's job was to essentially construct acts. And so I want you to put yourself in the shoes of whoever's trying to figure out who's going to be the new lead singer for Lincoln Park.
Speaker 2: What are you looking for? You want somebody who's got to.
Speaker 1: Fit with the vibe or do their own thing in fitting with the vibe and and really expand the fan base.
Speaker 2: Right, that's the perfect case scenario.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: Okay, what if what if they're rape pathologists.
Speaker 5: Okay, I wouldn't have taken you Casey for a cancel culture guy, but I think this is actually a very contrived controversy, so I'll recap it for people. Lincoln Park has brought on this woman, Emily Armstrong from the band Dead Sarah, to be their new lead singer for this iconic, you know, giant band, Lincoln Park. And she is two things. She is a scientologist, a member of the Church of Scientology or whatever it is. And she also was a friend of Danny Masterson, the now convicted rapist and cast member of that seventies show. And Lincoln Park is basically facing a cancel culture campaign because she attended the trial and sat in a seat in the courtroom early on in the investigation into Danny Masterson when she wanted to offer him a show of support as a friend. And so Lincoln Park is now under siege because she attended the trial of a friend accused of rape and it turned out that Danny Masterson was in fact guilty in which case then she repeat and said that is bad, go to jail.
Speaker 2: I think it's uncouth, are you?
Speaker 3: Are you.
Speaker 1: That that the cancel culture would attach itself to something like that, especially in the fact that the cast members from that seventies show were able to slink back into the bush like Homer Simpson in that meme, and uh, you know, they'll probably never write a letter of recommendation again in their life.
Speaker 5: But yeah, and I remember they got in trouble for doing that, because you know, you believe the best in people, and especially when someone's a friend, and you can't believe that they do something so monstrous. And that's what Ashton, Kutcher and Milakunis ran into themselves, and they ended up being wrong. And so was this girl who sings for Lincoln Park, Emily Armstrong. And I think it's time to move on now. Is it weird that she's a scientologist? Yeah, it's super weird. I'm not a big fan, uh, but you know, there are a lot of scientologists in Hollywood and Los Angeles. It's kind of shocked when you look at all the different scientologists and it's not just Tom Cruise. So I think it comes down to this case when fans are looking for like a new singer for Lincoln Park, they want a new singer, they'd like to see the band come back. Do they want a singer that was picked by the record label and by the music industry, or do they want a singer who was picked by the band because they believe in them and they love them and want them to be the singer. I think they would prefer that the band have a singer that they believe in. And the band picked Emily Armstrong, not the label, not their pr people, And that's the best choice because you got to actually have a singer that the band wants to work with and believes can be their new voice. And that's what happened here.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I got ninety seconds. One of the most iconic and improvised scenes in Indiana Jones is the scene where the dudes flipping the swords around in front of him and he, rather than engage him in the way that was actually in the script, he pulls that pistol out and just shoots him.
Speaker 2: Everybody knows the scene.
Speaker 1: So why the hell do I got to listen to Indiana Jones game creators say that gunplay in the game wouldn't be true to the character.
Speaker 5: Oh gosh, so they're I mean, they're right, though, So I'm gonna I'm gonna go off on this. In the In the sense that like Indiana, Jones was never supposed to shoot anyone in any of the movies. It was just sort of a thing that George Lucas and Steven Spielberg wanted. They wanted it to all be very classic punches, you know, using his bowl whip and all that kind of stuff. That day, when Harrison Ford was shooting the scene where he shoots the guy, uh, he had he had let's say, liquid bowel movements. He was very, very sick. He was not feeling well and he did not want to do the fight scene anymore, and so he got fed up. He said, give me a prop gun, I'm gonna shoot the guy, and he shot the guy and walked off to go to the bathroom because he did not want to shoot the scene anymore.
Speaker 3: So it was like a funny a funny gag.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but but it but it, but it is one element. Even think I got five seconds, I got a roll. I appreciate the time. We may get into this again.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back. Hang on