Speaker 1: It is hump day.
Speaker 2: Be careful out there. A lot of the expressways are locked down. Traffic is crazy because people cannot drive when it's rainy.
Speaker 1: And uh, we are.
Speaker 2: Broadcasting live next to Kingsley's meets here in a buddy of ours Edlin and Edland. He's a friend of ours that runs a real estate brokerage where they only charge one percent commission rate. Keep the equity in your home in your pocket when you sell it. Buying and selling either way, go to Edlin dot com uh to check it out. And we start the show today with our very good friend I had.
Speaker 1: He had no idea.
Speaker 2: He was matching his sweater with Christmas cookies that Phil from Etland and Eatlin bought.
Speaker 1: Darryl Isaacs, how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm great?
Speaker 4: How are you? You're looking great?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: You are? You look good? You look now? You look good?
Speaker 4: But how do you listen? You're all the time traveling, you're doing these attorney conferences and whatnot. How do you stand that much time on an airplane? Man?
Speaker 1: That's I'm just miserable on these things. Road trips are tough, right they are.
Speaker 4: And if we take the first class huh, the first class.
Speaker 3: Uh, like I'll do Breeze, Yeah, first class, I'll do Southwest, I do direct flights.
Speaker 1: Yeah okay, but it's not that.
Speaker 3: I want to fly first class because of all my health and yeah right, no, you're yeah, I gotta get up and walk and I don't want to bug people's Yeah.
Speaker 2: No one is faulting you for flying first class.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: Everyone is begging to be up there. Please let go up there. But eating on the road is tough. Yeah, and we're gonna get to your charity here in a second. But but you used to have all your food shipped well.
Speaker 3: And now with Instacart and all that, I can go anywhere if there's a target a Kroger Republics, I get bags and bags already.
Speaker 1: Oh I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: I get fridge and vegetables and yeah, you know, I might spend one hundred bucks, but think if I ate out every meal, i'd spend yeah yeah, yeah, and I always get a fridge in the hotel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can do it.
Speaker 3: I got my CLARENKX wife's you know white.
Speaker 1: Uh, I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine what's the juice? Yeah, yeah, the eggs, the eggs shelter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's wrong? With Yeah, yeah, the people worried about everything. What do I'm missing? Here's what I do. I take an egg, I crack and I separated the egg white from the ochre. So what why am I?
Speaker 1: Why would I wipe.
Speaker 4: It with chlorox?
Speaker 3: That's not the bags of eggs they come to six.
Speaker 4: Oh, no, who's gonna buy a bag? You buy?
Speaker 2: That's because he can't he can't hard boil them in the hotel or won't can't. Yeah, see, you're talking to a guy when he went to Mexico, went off campus, squeegee the juice on the floor of a bar into the corner, and got a straw from the bar.
Speaker 4: That's a story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I was just comment on him.
Speaker 3: Five years now, he's kept the weight.
Speaker 1: He's kept the weight off.
Speaker 3: It looks like, you know, a model. And then I come here and you know, you got Christmas cookies right in front.
Speaker 4: Of Yeah, we like to keep everyone else looks sabotaging. You noticed. We won't need any of these treats that we bring around with us, but we always push them off on others.
Speaker 2: All right, We're at elin and Eland five nine nine twenty eight hundred is the phone number if you're selling your house. He'll it's just one percent charge. Don't worry about it. There's no negotiation or whatever. Don't go with your cousin, go with with our boys at Eland and Eedland.
Speaker 1: One percent commission right now.
Speaker 2: Holiday season yep, you're in full swing.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: And we did this last year. But remind everybody, no, we did not do this last year. We did something different last year. So what are we doing this year?
Speaker 3: Darryl Well, So we have this hammer app that if you want a on Christmas Day, Christmas Eve, New Year's Day, New Year's Eve, I got Michelle here, so make sure get look if you given a twenty dollars voucher. So if you're drinking, we don't want to drive right any time before then go go to our website, download the app, fill at the info and if you're somewhere and you need an Uber but it's not lift, it's just Uber right Uber.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, just I got that's the deal, because uhw, I uh take ubers down Like for example, this Friday, I'm going down to see uh short bus at the Barons at Third Market. Parking is gonna be ten twenty bucks, so I always take an Uber yep, downtown and Uber backs Friday night. Well, I'll go to Bar knows third Market. I'm gonna I'm taking an uber I'm dead serious.
Speaker 3: If that's uh again, Christmas Day, Christmas.
Speaker 4: Now, I'm gonna, I'm gonna uh, I'm gonna postate mind.
Speaker 3: Here's the way I look at it. Yeah, if one life is safe from all this, yeah, definitely.
Speaker 2: No download the hammer hub app. Hammer Hub app. Put that in your out your app searcher. Twenty dollars. Uber vouch're available for safe rides on the twenty fourth and twenty fifth, thirty first and first.
Speaker 1: We all know what those dates are.
Speaker 2: Isaac isaacs and Isaacs wants everyone to be and and be safe here this holiday season. And that's all we want. And there's no reason to make you know, you get to a wreck any time of the year and it sticks with you forever with a family member. But boy, if it happens during the holidays, oh yeah, it's over.
Speaker 4: It's over, and it ruins every you know and and part of you know.
Speaker 3: In the last three months, you know, we do a lot of trucking, but there was a you know, we've got some cases where wrong for death, innocent person, and you got someone that had been at the bars, got served too much and got behind the wheel in everybody's lives, so surely that person the family.
Speaker 4: It's so easy to so old, but it's never ever been easier to not drink it so easy. Point because, like I said, Friday night or any concert I go to the Young Center, what a pain in the acid is to park and it's gonna be twenty thirty bucks for concerts. They jack everything up, and so what we don't have to worry about, you know.
Speaker 3: Drug traveling in some of these hotels. I'm not kidding. And you know there may be a three star twenty five thirty bucks a night to park.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 4: So it's like that those are Wait a minute, wait a minute. Yeah, let's let's rewind to uh, I know, Darrow inviting me to his birthday party. He goes, Hey, come on down to my birthday party. There's gonna be a food and you know, my kid's gonna play. I I like watching Lee play. I'm like, yeah, man, this sounds great. Where is he says the Marriott. Yeah, so we get down there, we get parking the Marriotte, we go and have a grand time. Will leave. Fifty bucks is what they charged me for parking. Yeah, I didn't do any of that fifty bucks.
Speaker 2: But no, it makes sense too because it is fifty dollars or forty bucks or whatever it is to park it these hotels because that's.
Speaker 1: Their new that's how they make money.
Speaker 4: Man, they bent Derby.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wait till they no doubt. I love the sweater. But you're in You're in the you're in the mood. It is a you're where Darth Vader is Santa in a Santa hat.
Speaker 1: It looks good.
Speaker 4: You're in the mood.
Speaker 3: What came down to this or that? Skeleton? Christmas?
Speaker 4: Are you a big oh?
Speaker 1: Are you? Oh? Nightmare?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Night Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Are you a big Star Trek fan?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 3: Star Wars?
Speaker 4: Star Wars a perfect I like, I like getting a rise out of space people when you get it wrong.
Speaker 2: But so we look, everyone knows call the hammer when you get in trouble with with the record anything and and and you know this, a lot of our kids friends go North for school and that sixty five North is one of.
Speaker 1: The worst for accidents.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's a reason why I see your billboard alive because it's Look, my son got run off the road by a truck and it smashed up his volvoil. We had to give Hi a new car and the truck kept going.
Speaker 1: But it happens all the time.
Speaker 2: No, no, thank god, yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, thank god.
Speaker 1: He wasn't hurt.
Speaker 2: But that corridor between here in Indianapolis and and and the and Purdue and Notre Dame, it's a in which people are gonna do here because the game is is Friday night, I U versus uh Notre Dame.
Speaker 4: Wow, there's gonna be that's gonna be a busy.
Speaker 2: I know it's gonna be a busy sixty five north and south and that is trouble for trucks.
Speaker 3: You know, it's funny. I was in about an hour past Indianapolis. I was in court last week and you were getting ready to try a case in January. And the defense attorney's big guy. You know right away, Oh you're from Kentucky. You must hate you. And I said, you know what, I remember the days Bobby not and everybody. It wasn't wild about him, but I think it's wonderful. Three major universities U l U K North, are you or like? Yeah, the whole United States speaking about our basketball. So I'm I'm for anything that brings revenue to the state.
Speaker 2: Not so much anymore, but you are available in Indiana, Kentucky.
Speaker 1: I think people need.
Speaker 3: To know that.
Speaker 4: Oh lord, yeah, every time I drive up to we grow here in the it's Daryl Isaac Tempeed, Darre Isaac twenty feet.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You know, Uh, let's talk Isaac Isaac for a second. Did you guys cross two billion in recovery?
Speaker 3: Now, yes, we didn't know that. That's gross.
Speaker 4: So I think it's pretty that's pretty uh badass though, I mean, think about that. But when you put it in perspective on you know, what you've done.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean we've been blessed, We've got great status, and you know, there's so many other law firms that are just as good, not better, And I mean, you know, it's it's.
Speaker 4: Take the compliment. Daryl isaa, what's wrong with you?
Speaker 1: He's getting older?
Speaker 4: Gracious he walks in and I said, you mean you look great? No, no, no, I don't look great.
Speaker 1: I could do this and that.
Speaker 4: I got a car ox my.
Speaker 1: Eggs and uh.
Speaker 2: But having the name also matters when you go into situations like that, because the other the insurance companies don't want to do with you.
Speaker 3: You know, sometimes sometimes they do.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you get a.
Speaker 4: Lot of instant settles when they see Isaac and Isaac.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't say instant. I mean we get we get a lot. Yeah, they don't just see it. Hey, I'm gonna pay it right away. They'll make concern it.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know we had similar uh we were attorney high school.
Speaker 1: Uh. And I can say it now.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, thank you, yeah yeah, thank you yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Well last time I didn't want they can't have a bag. Thank you. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: But you got to sit in your and your kids are fantastic. And this is what I said about raising. I said, you know, attorney really produces great dads and husbands. I was like a lot of plenty of perfect act scores and all that, but really that's the idea perfect.
Speaker 1: No, that's not happening.
Speaker 2: But point given. Though we were not academic superstars, Trinity, but we did pretty we did. Okay, you got to sit around your house, your your kids are great and uh and you're getting blessed. You're very blessed, right, I.
Speaker 3: Think, Trinity, I think you and I have got him have the two lowest.
Speaker 1: In the history. But our kids are they're very smart.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're all that.
Speaker 1: I don't know how that worked out.
Speaker 4: Are you in the Hall of Fame?
Speaker 1: Yes he is.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you about your Hall of Fame speech.
Speaker 1: I was shocked.
Speaker 4: Did you ask and do you thank your friend that you work with when you gave your.
Speaker 2: He won't let it go. I forgot it. I forgot him, and I think Terry Terry was there.
Speaker 1: Terry, he won't let it go. He won't let it go.
Speaker 4: Let it go.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing I didn't mention, David.
Speaker 4: He's given the speech, all right, and to his right is our table, and here sits me, my wife. Dave Jennings is gorgeous. Yeah, absolutely, Dave Jennings, Claudia Coffee from w H A S. And Terry Miners. So not only does he forget us, but he looks Terry, he's this thing that look. So he looks directly at our table where we're sitting, and he says, oh, yeah, yeah yeah, and Terry Miners and Claudia Coffee worked with them and I love them. Uh So, garryl we enjoyed.
Speaker 3: Can I ask you a question?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Three inches?
Speaker 3: Can you make room for the possibility. When he was up there, he did forget intentional thank you?
Speaker 4: I remember, would you quit with the.
Speaker 1: Thank you? Thank you?
Speaker 3: Let somebody out?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I heard about it the same.
Speaker 1: Do you know why I didn't.
Speaker 2: You know why I didn't because when I started to talk about Dwight and Dave, I started to choke up.
Speaker 1: So I pulled it back. There you go, I pulled it.
Speaker 4: Okay, your honor, Your honor.
Speaker 2: That would insanuate that the uh, what's the what's the feet for that last time?
Speaker 4: But that would that the client had emotions, which we all know it's not true. He's a cyborg. Strike it from the record.
Speaker 1: You're out of order. I am. You're out of order.
Speaker 3: I imagined since you all have one of the top radio shows in the country.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Darryl.
Speaker 3: You're fifty at least responsible for this success. What do you think?
Speaker 4: Don't hang this on me?
Speaker 1: Man, What are you talking of?
Speaker 3: Just saying that prosecute you know you're up there. Yeah, you know what I forgot. I had to go after when I got up. You know, I don't know what order I'm going after. Some legend, some guy that.
Speaker 1: Oh you did decency.
Speaker 4: I'm after God.
Speaker 1: You know, he's perfect.
Speaker 2: He told the story about meeting his wife at Notre Dame and praying at the grotto as the snow fell fell on Mary and the candles are lit, and I looked over and Daryn going you're next, and you.
Speaker 1: Know what, that's what I'm up to.
Speaker 3: That I remember someone at Trinity's say, congratulations, you have the lowest act score ever.
Speaker 4: To go to a red Ski.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, well with Dwight, Yeah, he is responsible for most of my drug and alcohol is.
Speaker 1: I know?
Speaker 4: But you think about how many experiences?
Speaker 1: Right? You know what?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have a lot of great stories. All right, let's get back to it. We're gonna get to the app. You want to download the app, So get open up your brows or whatever you use to uh to download your apps. It's free too, and it's free download the hammer hub app. Everyone's gonna use this. Who doesn't want a twenty dollars uber voucher. They're ready for They're good for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, New Year's Day.
Speaker 1: That's deal. That's four great.
Speaker 2: Days that Isaacs and Isaac's is gonna help you have a safe holiday season. It's just to thank you for Darryl and uh and the community to give back just a tad bit, a little bit, and I think it's great.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 3: Well, I gotta give credit to Michelle's here was that your app with.
Speaker 4: Michelle take it off, but we're gonna give her the credit, right Isaac Isaacs does the Humble game, Yeah, he does. We take credit for stuff we didn't even do.
Speaker 1: Stop me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, new Bridge, New Bridge, that was us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Uh, Darryl, we love you.
Speaker 2: Anything else then coming in the year that we want to you got you got.
Speaker 1: A big year ahead of uh with the well, we're just you know, trying to what do we do?
Speaker 3: Oh the Louis oh.
Speaker 4: Oh down at the fairgrounds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one hundred and fifty plus Forever homes.
Speaker 1: It was crazy. It was crazy.
Speaker 2: When I first asked, I was like, why are we doing it as the fair rounds? And then when I got to the spot, I went, this is perfect.
Speaker 1: It's perfect.
Speaker 2: It's one of the original buildings in the Fairgrounds and it's a perfect setup for this. And there was one hundred and fifty people in line before it opened.
Speaker 3: By the way, you people came if they didn't bring a dog they were almost like yeah, yeah, yeah, everybody came with animals. And then you know, because they they're encouraging to bring animals and see if they get along. But I mean I can remember people coming to that anim when I started thinking, where's your dog?
Speaker 2: Well, and they brought the just the sweetest dogs. Everybody, every different adoption area had brought their their dogs. And you could see people fifteen twenty feet away like they see the dog and they're like oh no oh, and they're rubbing their hands together, going oh no oh no.
Speaker 1: And when they get up there and the dogs are looking them like that's it. That's it, that's it.
Speaker 3: The only thing I want to do different this year is everybody that comes with dogs should get to take it. And there was a couple of places that you had to wait.
Speaker 1: To get away. Yeah I didn't like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, there's enough animals there that need rescue.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So dear Isaacs, we love you, buddy.
Speaker 3: Mary, thank you, love you all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're having me.
Speaker 1: This is my stomping grant.
Speaker 2: I grew you grew up in Ice Points, that's right, Yeah, your parents from here, yeah yeah, that's right.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And he used to go to they used to go to Kingsley's.
Speaker 1: Meet my parents love kings Yeah, still.
Speaker 2: Great, but it's exactly the same place from the nineteen fifty. You go in there now it's it's awesome. It's awesome. Yeah, he's gonna stop over there right now.
Speaker 3: Well, no, I don't, Dwight. You know, so healthy and he's always eating protein. So is that one of your butchers.
Speaker 4: I'm going by Kingsley's butchers. Quit going to Witton's butchery because they always put their thumb on the scaley.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I know they're h You look great, buddy, Thank you, Geryl. Thanks for having meland Elan and Elan is where we are all them at five nine nine, eight hundred. If you're selling her buying a house one percent commission rate.
Speaker 4: All right, you have the joke, got the joke. Does your need the community music? There you go, that's going all right? Hey fellows, Hey, little girl was talking to her teacher about whales. Oh, teacher said, you know what's it's physically impossible for a whale to swallow human because even though they are extremely large mammals, one of the largest mammals, their throats, you see, they're very small That's when the girl stated, okay, what about Jonah? Jonah was swallowed by a very good point. Well, the teacher gets irritated and reiterated that a well cannot swallow a human. It's physically impossible. Little Sally Isaacs, Yes, that's what. What's your daughter's name? That's what Amanda Isaac said, Uh, okay, Well what about Jonah? And she reiterated again no, well can I swallow him? Physically impossible? Little girl third times says okay, Well when I get to Heaven, I'm gonna ask Jonah. Teacher said, well what if Jonah? What the hell? That's when Amanda Oaac said, well, then you can ask him.
Speaker 2: That is your joke of the day. December eighteenth, twenty twenty four. Back after this, Allan Electric.
Speaker 1: Sixty three six help is the phone number? More? He was asking about that number.
Speaker 2: He's calling because he has a generating generaic generator that powers his entire house on natural gas. He needs it worked on and he heard this ad because because Allen Electric is an official GENERAC generator electrician, so they went to the school up in Indiana to learn how to work on him. So, if you have a generac generator, or you want one. Allen Electric is to play sixty three six? Help is the number back?
Speaker 1: After this?
Speaker 2: Our news radio eight forty wha is portfol uh forty six?
Speaker 1: Where is it?
Speaker 2: Four point six million pounds of paper? What kind of paper?
Speaker 1: Rolling paper?
Speaker 4: Rolling paper?
Speaker 1: Get your mind out of the gut? Or you have stone or in the gut?
Speaker 4: Or Kentucky Marijuana car dot com Kentucky Marijuana card.
Speaker 2: Now how they under how they know this, I don't know, but they say there are four point six million pounds of leftover toilet paper, wrapping paper.
Speaker 1: From the holidays.
Speaker 4: If we would just look, shouldn't there be Look, it seems like a lap. Can we quit giving gifts?
Speaker 1: Like can you? He just went, I'm afraid you didn't stop talking.
Speaker 4: Can we just quit giving me perfect like the shoes?
Speaker 1: And I did?
Speaker 4: We just take the allocated money, give it to a charity because I'll get her something that she would give me something great. I get her something you know, stupid. And it didn't wash out. But here's when will my nieces and nephews age out of us giving them gifts?
Speaker 2: Oh we're in that conversation right now, I said, John, you're off the kid list and onto the adult Exchange guy where we have a formula where you know, okay, you got it, and Barbara and I got Aunt Mary's too, and then we just we switch up.
Speaker 1: So John, you're off.
Speaker 4: Well. Susan's family had that too up to about eight years ago. When I win say, oh, here we go. Can we just quit trading money? How about if we're adults, we just quit trading money? And we hang?
Speaker 1: Have you heard this movie called a Christmas Carol? It's a story?
Speaker 4: Yeah? How about what's the full? What is the explosion?
Speaker 2: The guy that wrote in his name Charles Dickens, you might like it?
Speaker 1: Okay, read it? Because you are ball hombug.
Speaker 4: You are my mom, No, barely, barely a terrible son. Look, I do time my visits. That's true, as a clock like an egg timer. But no, but but in all fairness, all fairness, I say, Mom, what do you think would deem a great Christmas visit for you? Give me a number and she'll say, okay, two hours. So I do is. Now we have a verbal contract, and so I'll set the timer. It keeps everything nice and neat. I'm not good with open ended stuff.
Speaker 2: My emotions are over over. It's spilling over here on the show. Such a sweet guy.
Speaker 4: All right, So as a matter of fact, you know what, I'm appreciable.
Speaker 1: I appreciate.
Speaker 4: Now we're gonna do what I'm grateful for.
Speaker 1: I'm grateful. I'm grateful for you and Dave.
Speaker 4: Okay, listen to this story. Okay, right there, Okay Americans. Americans are bored of Christmas traditions, from the Turkeys to the s For example, my mom, she texts me and Susan yesterday, what do you want for Christmas dinner? And I said, she suggested in Baron's Peace said. I said, yea, absolutely, because it's not about the food. So we're just get some Baroneal's pizza. But here, here's some stats. These are some Christmas traditions people would be open to swapping out. Oh man, sending Christmas cards.
Speaker 5: Not many people do that anymore.
Speaker 1: We're getting fewer and fewer every year.
Speaker 4: We've never sent Christmas cards.
Speaker 2: I do enjoy them when I open them up, because I do want to see what early.
Speaker 5: Didn't you like the fringe relatives that would send, like the dissertation on their perfect life and all their vacations and their accomplishments. Yeah, you're making half of that up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all the trips they took that year. What about great, you want to wife.
Speaker 4: What about when the family sends out like it's the Family Christmas newsletter and they tell everybody's doing it, you're seeing one of those. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, and they never like Dwights would never have ed Dwight actually in the pictures and or a.
Speaker 4: Part of the story, they would draw a stick figure.
Speaker 2: So we're getting less and less.
Speaker 4: Okay, So sending Christmas cards, Yes, people want to get over because we have Facebook and Instagram and all that.
Speaker 2: You see people well, anyway, if you didn't have Instagram and Facebook, you'd be sending them on.
Speaker 4: Cars number number two. These are things people want to get rid of. Ugly Christmas sweater parties.
Speaker 2: Those are fun. I mean, no, if you get rid of parties in general, I know, I know. I'm with the we're just too many Christmas party. We have many Christmas.
Speaker 4: We had a great Christmas party here at the radio station. It was that I enjoyed. No, the last one we did it wasn't February. It was late February.
Speaker 1: This is not a joke. The last Christmas was late February and the.
Speaker 2: Guy that the guy that was in charge said, that's it the last year because the second that it was officially over, everyone ran for the door light on DJs, like let's go turned it up and the boos and everybody hit the door and he goes, that's it, that's the last one we're having.
Speaker 4: Because I used to drunk, I would dress up like one year I was cousin, you were you were the elfe ye.
Speaker 2: To it.
Speaker 4: Okay, so these are Christmas traditions people want to get away from. Send me Christmas cards, ugly Christmas sweater parties. Ready for number three? Giving gifts? You want to get rid of it? What's that, Dave?
Speaker 5: I said, amen, Yes, that's the most stressful part of Christmas is figuring out what to buy people.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, I'm so glad that we got away from that. Man, Well, there's so much.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean, I guess, oh again, if you want to give it to the same amount of money to charity, I get that, and and you guys can open up whether for charity it is, but it's still nice to get people for the kids.
Speaker 1: Yes, but don't kids. Yeah, kids, Yes, you have to get that stuff.
Speaker 4: She gets, she gets. Susan gets the gift, the best gift of her life every morning when she gets to see me walk new to the shower. Okay, that's a gift for her. I got to chase the squirrel quick. Yes, And I gotta give credit to this listener. We we were talking about yesterday how and there's more to this list We were talking yesterday about how parents use Santa Claus Papa Noel to calm the kids down. Hey, if you don't be good, you ain't gonna get the presents. Listener j Carr, He sent in a message and I didn't get it in time. He's got to what he what he does with his kids. He wraps up some empty boxes and wraps them up on Christmas paper and he puts the kids' names on him, and the kids start to act up. He goes, okay, here's one gift, it says to Tina, right in the fireplace, that goes into the fire. It's just empty box. Yeah. It freaks the kids out and they behave Yeah. Yeah, nomore, Okay, Okay, sometimes you got to shoot a hostage.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think of who else does that? Oh yeah, Religion act right, Oh you going to hell? Uh so, yes, I don't know. We Yeah, so you're chasing the squirrel.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, So getting back to the things that would like to get rid of of Christmas, sending cars, other Christmas sweaters, giving gifts, a secret Santa gift exchange. Those are turds. Uh. And then the all the all year Christmas or all day Christmas stations.
Speaker 2: No way, no, because I want I want when I get in the car, I want to listen to Christmas.
Speaker 1: What the hell's wrong with you? Dude?
Speaker 4: That's serious, that's not that's not yours.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: I put on Dwight Whitten's heavy metal Christmas Mix and my wife just hangs her head.
Speaker 2: And by the way, the best is I heart app Classic Christmas. It's got a little blue and white snowflake on it. It's the best Classic Christmas got the old Christmas snowflake?
Speaker 4: So what would they replace him with? These are the ideas of what people would rather do than the five items listed. Uh, spend all day in your pajamas rather than getting dressed up.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, amen, I gotta tell you, uh, no one wants to get dressed up anymore.
Speaker 1: Jackie and I do because we go to church.
Speaker 2: When we go to church, and on Christmas Eve and I and I miss the pomp and circumstance of the choir and and you know they bring in the horn section and the in the string section and uh and when that music kicks up and everybody is dressed to the nines and everybody's feeling.
Speaker 1: Jesus and let's go. And this is a We're lucky to have our lives. It's awesome. I'm sorry, it's awesome.
Speaker 2: But now we'll just go back to a regular Tuesday or Wednesday of whatever our lives are and throw your little stupid heavy, heavy metal pajamas on and sit around eating gummies all day because you now have your new marijuana card and live your pathetic existence, nothing special life.
Speaker 4: Go Entucky Marijuana card dot com. Kentucky Marijuana card dot com. What else would they like to focus on quality time together than the elaborate decorations and meals. Take a vacation a Christmas themed tropical Christmas is.
Speaker 1: You can go on vacation anytime. Many I don't get it.
Speaker 2: You can go look if you now look if the rest of your family sucks and you're tired of messing with him about how much of my hassle is to get together.
Speaker 1: And you say, you know what we're going to.
Speaker 2: We're going to Florida or Timbuctoo or wherever I love that place by the way for Christmas.
Speaker 1: And that's fine. But who makes it difficult though?
Speaker 5: All of Dwight's family or Dwight.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, that's exactly where I was going on. Let's dive into on this last one. Go on a quiet personal retreat. So me go off by myself, if you ask me, that's a win for me. It's a win for my family because they don't have to put up with me. But there's no saying if you run into a jerk during the day and you get home at night, you ran.
Speaker 1: Into a jerk.
Speaker 4: If you ran into fifteen jerks throughout the day, you're the jerk.
Speaker 2: I'm the er.
Speaker 4: There's no question about.
Speaker 1: Everyone else in the family is on one side and you're over there.
Speaker 4: Why do they want me to you know? Why do they want to invite me to this? You're so I'm not high maiden, you are not low maintenance. That's oh what this is? This is how that's how low maintenance I am? What would dwy be happy with. Oh, I don't know if sitting on the floor with Lemmy.
Speaker 1: Pretty old man, it.
Speaker 2: Means anything they want to do is unacceptable.
Speaker 1: Nope, not doing it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think Tony Cruz is chewing his gum again.
Speaker 1: I can't. I can't be in the same room.
Speaker 4: I've got the disease.
Speaker 1: Where if I hear Oh, it's a disease.
Speaker 4: Now, yeah, and you got it too. By the way, By the way, Tony Cruz, if he chewed gum like a normal person, that'd be fine. But here's how he choose gums.
Speaker 1: Stop, stop it? Oh does that bother you? Stop it? He doesn't chew gum like that? What about me? Five dollars?
Speaker 2: By the way, we're broadcasting Live on the Road and and five eight hundred is the phone number. We'll talk to Phil at the top of the hour about how the real estate industry is going these days.
Speaker 1: And they have been doing the one.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, see, David, did Tony Cruz walk in way? Tony Cruise is coming to the studio.
Speaker 1: Yep, every morning. You off.
Speaker 4: I'm like, Tony, what are you doing? You're on the air way. You shouldn't have come again.
Speaker 1: With I'm sorry listen to the rhythm. Oh god, I can't do the show. I can't hit it'd.
Speaker 4: Go to evelin dot com.
Speaker 2: They have a sliding scale that will tell you, like, so whatever you end on the price of the house, and it'll tell you what you're gonna.
Speaker 4: Keep saying your house is gonna sell. Why are you gonna give up more than one percent? Anyway?
Speaker 1: That's crazy. Don't do it, man, don't do it. Go to the mast baby, baby, that's right. Did you have a cookie yet? I'm not having a cookie that you will.
Speaker 4: Twenty fifty bucks, says I won't. You know why it's not chocolate. What's the point?
Speaker 1: It's delicious, It's not like it's shirt. Can get ain't tighter?
Speaker 4: Se man, Listen, it's the haughty season. It's been dark out, no sun. I'm depressing enough. Yeah, I've got issues going on in my wife right now.
Speaker 1: And you know that, and Dave known that right now, right now. You have issues going on. Well, I've always had issue solo matenance. No more issues for Dwight shocking.
Speaker 4: Actually drug actually drug you two dad? Well with one of my issues work.
Speaker 1: Dave's new to this. I've been dealing with it for thirty years.
Speaker 4: Drowning in the I've apologized.
Speaker 2: Drowning in the ocean of despair called Dwight. All right, so back after.
Speaker 4: This, but first, Southern Comfort hot tubs. Baby, how about a vacation right there in your own backyard.
Speaker 1: You got it.
Speaker 4: Maybe you work with a guy that choose gum non stop and it just gets on your nerves. Well, just get in your Southern covered hot tub and forget about it. Susan and I end just about every day in our hot tub.
Speaker 1: We love it as much.
Speaker 4: And this is hot tub weather. Get one for the family. Now you're saying, well, we can't afford a hot tub, Oh think again. Hot tubs as low as sixty five dollars a month. We used twelve months, same as cash, and that made it a breeze for our hot tub. We've been married for thirteen years and we had a hot tub from Southern Covered hot tub the entire time. Hey, maybe like a sauna. They have those cold plunge that actually turn into hot tubs. Southern Comfort hot Tubs seventy five oh one Preston Highway. You're gonna love them. Stick around top of the hour. We honor our veterans with Wednesday's hero, it's on the way afternoons News Radio eight forty whas