Speaker 1: What's up? Everybody is me Cecily here with Stephanie with more nonsense, nonsensical, nonsense.
Speaker 2: Nonsense, not to be confused with nonsense. Was that a show that was a Broadway? Wasn't that a Broadway musical?
Speaker 1: I feel like it was, But somehow that's been blocked nonsense.
Speaker 2: It's a musical by Dan Goggan. I just looked it up really quick.
Speaker 1: Oh you just what if that just came to your memory. It's a musical by Dan Goggan. Everyone knows that. Dang.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Wikipedia, Oh it's from nineteen eighty five. It's a musical comedy with a book, music and lyrics by Dan Goggan.
Speaker 1: Well, look, where's Dan Goggan now? I mean that's a that's the show we want to do. We want to do. Where are they now? From? Some I bet I wonder if Dan Gogin is still with us, because if he did the book and the music, he lived hard. I'm a look him up, Let's see where at Let's see how he's doing before we even get into that you live hard?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, hold on, I literally can click on him and see if he's he seems to still be around. It does not say that he died. He's an American writer.
Speaker 1: Yeah he is not.
Speaker 2: Was a writer, composer, and lyricist for musical theater.
Speaker 1: Thank god. Where should we have him on the show? Should we get him on?
Speaker 2: Yes? And we should have him do an opening for the show. And it could be like and they here comes a bunch of nonsense.
Speaker 1: And it just makes no sense, And then he could do so. I mean, listen, he probably is going to want to get paid for that. And what we could say is like, we will pay you in fandom. You will get an audience that will never turn on you. Oh my god, that's the currency that we have.
Speaker 2: You're going to be very surprised to find out it. Goggin penned six sequels, Nonsense Too, the second coming Sister Amnesia's Country Western Nonsense Jamboree.
Speaker 1: This sounds like a joke.
Speaker 2: This sounds like a joke, like how we always got Electric Buglow too.
Speaker 1: What was it called break dancing to Electric Bugolo two or something? I saw that in the theater on a date in sixth grade. Don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, No, it was good Electric buga. That would have been in the mid eighties. Oh, yeah, break in two. It was breaking and then break into electric boogaloo. Right, Oh my god, we're so off topic.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Anyway, anyway, before we sort of get in, we have a lot to talk about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's talk about Let's let's talk about something like really help full to you, to everybody, not to you, but to me. And that's Hers. And here's what Hers does. Hers gets offers access to FDA approved we Go v pill we Go vpen. They have an affordable range of FDA approved GLP one medications, and you can lose up to twenty percent of your body weight when combined with diet and exercise. I started on a GLP lost October and did it for quite a few months. Lost weight, stopped doing it, kept the weight off. So if you hear anything where people are like, oh, then you got to take it the rest of your life.
Speaker 1: It's kind of yes, I'm here to tell you. So ready to.
Speaker 2: Reach your goals, visit for Hers dot com slash rose pricks to get personalized affordable care that gets you. That's f O r h t rs dot com, slash rose pricks for Hers dot com slash rose pricks wait less. But Hers is not available in all fifty states with go VI's the registered trademark of Novo. Notice gays to get started to learn more, including important safety information, clinical study information restrictions.
Speaker 1: Was it for her dot Com? Now we're going to talk today about one of Stephanie's favorite topics, which is She's I'm kind of finally seeing why everyone wants to talk about Megan Markle. But you know how much I love a feud. So she is feuding, I guess in some way, well kind of something. This is a steward right.
Speaker 2: This is an article from the Daily Beast and the headline is Megan has picked the wrong fight by feuding with Martha.
Speaker 1: Well, then yes it is you, Martha, which is the god you know you don't go up again? Now listen, are we madly in love with Martha's do it either? No? I mean she's done something she's not. She has a great pr team. She really reinvented herself in a way that is just like incredible and it's a masterclass, as they say, in doing that.
Speaker 2: Now, you know you would know this more more than I would, because before I ever, I'm a little late to the gossip, to gossip in general. And you were covering pop culture. You were covering pop culture when I was like still in diapers. We were just a baby baby, and I was totally doing that. So I don't even know, But would you say that Martha Stewart is like, who's the woman Anna Wintour, Anna Winterur like like like kitchen taking.
Speaker 1: Oh totally good. Good, that's a good comparison because she's and she's also like Anna Wintour, like very cold, yes, very waspy. Waspy's fine, we're not putting down being waspy, but you know what I'm saying, it's very like and a little you know, country club like. She may have sold the sheets to kmar I mean, she did a great deal with kmart and I bought those sheets, remember her really cool? Should they want cool? There were warm sheets that you could get at kmart, Martha stuer Brand, I liked your brand. Okay, a little tacky in retrospect, but okay, you know what else? But yeah, she's she's not like the nicest woman, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: She's known for being kind of a beach right, yes, yes, okay, but what we're saying, I think what we're both saying is like, don't come for her, No, you don't want You'll lose, right, correct, And that is what that is what has happened here, what happened. So I'm gonna read you a little bit from this and then we can comment on it.
Speaker 1: But so this.
Speaker 2: Week Megan and Harry were in Canada. Okay, and then this is also already going to irritate me, but supporting music mogul David Foster's foundation. Now the foundation does good things. David Foster is a piece of shit. He's gross, and so's his stupid ass wife, Catherine McPhee or whatever. Yeah, who was really good on American Idol, but she's just sold her soul to the devil.
Speaker 1: You know that I met them and had a very intimate like conversation. I met them at a party. That's when I met Diane Keaton and it was like a tiny party. Remind me, remind me, remind me. It was the most random thing. It was, Oh my god, Carol Bear Seeger's a right, like I always get it wrong. It was at her house. I mean, it was the most ridiculous party. It was like, for some reason, ted dance and it was it was like on a a list but there weren't that many people. Let's say there were like twenty five people invited, and I was invited through the Critics Association, and I went because I wanted to meet Diane Keaton. But at the party, at one point Carol was like, all right, everyone gather, and they gave us all champagne and we gathered around the fireplace and there was a piano in the middle. And the surprise was that David Foster was going to play. And Catherine, his wife, is much younger wife and this is now what his eighth wife. Yes, he traded in Yolanda because she had lime, because she had lime disease. What a downer, and then also aged out. I don't think it mattered that she had lime disease. And then much much much younger, they had a baby. And then they and you heard it here I've said it before. They were fighting at this party. I saw them like arguing in the hallway.
Speaker 2: Okay, I forgot about that.
Speaker 1: It was so weird. I mean, people have arguments, but it was they weren't screaming, but they were pissed. And there was a photo op. So I have the picture. So there's a picture of me, my friend Jordan, Diane Keaton. I'm right next to Dian Keaton, and I'm just overjoyed. I'm like half laughing. I just can't believe I'm where I am, like with Diane Keaton, and then also Carol's in the picture, and then David Foster and Katherin McPhee, who are both just like scowling. They couldn't even they couldn't even smile for the photo op that we were all taking each like got you know a photo been mailed to ask like by a professional photographer. It was so weird. I will show you the picture, like she no one is smiling except well, me and Diane, We're doing great. Me and Doan Keaton are having a blast. But it was just such a weird. There was a weird vibe from those two. Whatever happened. Maybe she was, oh she was really sick. Katherine McPhee was, well, we know and love that. Oh yeah, how dare that? How dare she not be? Whatever? Okay, So they went up to the David Foster thing, which is a good thing because it's a charity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, raises money for it doesn't even matter. I'm not even going to tell you what it raises money for because I don't like those people.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Megan wore Princess Diana's diamond and sapphire earrings, which is.
Speaker 1: A little oh to a charity event, a little a little how dare you? I don't know, it's very how dare you? But also how dare you, Harry for being like, you know what? My mom wouldn't like that, and then she would have worn it.
Speaker 2: Dailly Beast is funny, like the way they write stuff. So it says, it says, and a video has been released on Megan's Instagram showing what a marvelous, totally genuine time everyone's having. That's brilliant, And then it says this could have been a good news story for Megan Markle, but it's likely to be eclipsed by the ill advised feud that she appears to have started with Martha the Stewart. Okay, And then this, this article says to back up a little. Martha was being interviewed by People magazine when she got into the subject of her party going habits and I love this, saying her friends call her LIFO it's which stands for last in first out, and mentioned that she'd recently been at a dinner party at which Megan was present. Okay, now, if you look careful, I'm first in, first out. Oh that's good too, you know what, that's probably that's me. I'm that way too. I'm a FI fan.
Speaker 1: I go early because I'm anxious about the timing and make sure.
Speaker 2: And then you're like, yeah, yeah, but the and then I end up missing stuff, so like people go like, oh my god, after you left, this happened. But then honestly, I'm like, I don't really care. You're fio with fomo. That's enough, mass o go be Okay, it says now if you look carefully at what Martha actually said, and there's a video, should I.
Speaker 1: Play the video? Sure?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 2: Right, We've got the technology. Now, Okay, here we go.
Speaker 3: I had dinner with Meghan Markle the other night, but she was at the same table, so I can't say she wasn't. My guess I was a gain. We were both guests at a dinner party in California, and she had just gotten back from the palace. And I think I didn't talk to her really more than to say a couple of words, but I know she was talking about it. If you're an actress. It's hard to then transition to a princess, and then from a princess into a homemaking guru on a television show. It doesn't sort of follow, so go from So that's it.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: Right, She's not wrong.
Speaker 1: She's just stating.
Speaker 2: Facts totally, totally. It's pretty it's pretty innocuous. But Megan apparently didn't think so okay, So it says okay, So it says, now, if you look carefully at what Marth actually said, which we just listened to, she was talking in pretty vague terms. She certainly wasn't claiming. Megan was spilling every last detail of what happened at Highgrove. Is that the castle, the palace, I mean the palace. Okay, she said what she said was and then they quote her, Okay, they quote what Martha George just said, what we just listened to. Then it says Megan then did something incredibly stupid. She seems to have gotten the host of the party to call up People magazine and say that Martha's account was quote simply untrue, and that quote. Megan didn't talk about her European vacation other than to say the family had a great time worse. They called Martha confused, implying that Martha eighty five, a woman who redefined America's relationship with food, the kitchen, baking, homemaking, blah blah blah, is a dotty old lady. Is an incredibly stupid thing to do, especially for Megan, who enjoys very little public goodwill.
Speaker 1: That's amazing and so true, Like what are you doing?
Speaker 2: Yes, and it says, it says the royalist suspects.
Speaker 1: Now, I don't know what that is.
Speaker 2: The royalist suspects that Megan was more angry about Martha's very perceptive comment about why Megan's TV show failed. Martha said, if you're an actress, it's hard to then transition to a princess, and then from a princess into a homemaking guru. It doesn't follow, so go from there. So that's what they think she was talking about, which which is fair.
Speaker 1: It's totally fair opinion. Kind of there are people just like Megan thought so much, like we don't know for sure that it was Meghan that called People magazine. I mean, like I believe it, but some part of me doesn't believe it because they are going to find any way to make her She she's awful, but she could just be living her life and maybe somebody called her public. Who knows, well, she would have had to complain somebody. Yeah, you're right, somebody had to hear it. But maybe it was just like her PR team possibly and not her specifically. I don't know why I'm not I'm not in any way defending her because I've heard so many stories of Megan being so mean to the staff, right, so mean? I think with Martha, I don't know. I don't think it's so mean. I think she's just very She's like, you know, she's Meryl Streep and Devilwar's product. Well it has to be this way.
Speaker 2: There's just this little extra bit in the article towards the end that says, you could make an argument that Martha has big picture been incredibly restrained. After all, Meghan has spent the last year literally copying her ideas and trying to eat her lunch. The fact is Megan's show is a complete mess. It's no one's idea of a homemaking show, and the host tells viewers she doesn't like either baking or honey and recommends decanting pretzels from a big bag into a smaller bag, or ordering takeaway and plating it up. It was appalling, which is why it did so badly, why Netflix parted company with her, and why the brand it was supposed to launch still hasn't made it out of America. There's plenty of or that Martha could have said, basically, I love it. I love this feud and team Martha on this. And also I did very much enjoy her friendship with Snoop Dogg. I you know, I'm saying teasing about Snoop because he's Snoop still comes up on my my playlists, you know, and I'm always excited. I don't know what's gonna c I say, hey, Siri shuffle and it shuffles all kinds of very sad Damien Rice music that I had loaded up on there a long time ago, and then Snoop will pop in and I'm like, yeah, now I'm getting ready to go out. But then he also said some like really terrible things about my people. Yes, so it's a little tough.
Speaker 1: I always for good. I can't keep it. I'm here to remind you art from the artist everybody we have to otherwise, no one would be left. And I like their friendship, and I like that she learned to smoke weed. I think she probably did drugs before Snoop, but who knows, and it's none of my business.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I was trying this is just a peek behind the curtain. I was trying to look up. Is Martha Stewart maga? And it does not want to answer that question. It keeps saying, is Martha Stewart Magazine still published?
Speaker 1: I'm like, no, not, well, I had a big fight. She's not Maggie. She took over for Donald Trump. She took over the Apprentice, so for a long time it was Donald Trump's Apprentice, and then she had Martha Stewart's Apprentice that you know, obviously she didn't just try to take his show. He gave it to her, like there was like a version with her. And then I think they had a falling out for some reason. I remember this long time ago, and I don't know where they stand now, but I can't imagine that she loves they have.
Speaker 2: She's had a long standing feud dating back to two thousand and six, so that was before she even way before she even took over the Apprentice. And she's a Democrat and she voted for Kamala and Hillary Clinton.
Speaker 1: She's pretty badass. We like her. I take out you know what if she's cold, she's cold, she gets shipped done. She's a bad boss.
Speaker 2: She's a baddie.
Speaker 1: Okay, now I'm gonna just throw in this usher story. Really no, it's not much of a story. I like a cloning story. I don't know if you saw this back. You know, remember when I was in New York and I overheard those guys. I was at the Natural History Museum, just strolling around yours like you do, and yeah, like like I do. I love I love it, we all love it. I was, but I was by my culture. You're just you'll just go to a museum. You don't give a fuck. I really love and this is this is maybe good or bad, and this is I'm not I'm not trying to do I'm not like other girls. I'm really not. But you know that I because I spend a lot of time alone. And the more time I spend alone, the more time I really can't see it any other way, do you know what I mean? I love being with friends, I love catching up with friends, but like I love traveling alone. I like going to movies alone. I really find mostly having anyone with me is just more of a nuisance. Really, Even at the mall the other day, I was at the mall with my friend and I just wanted to get my shit done and he was just talking to me, and I just honestly was like, I really could just do this by myself. I don't any.
Speaker 2: One you thought that to yourself?
Speaker 1: I have something. Yes, I thought it and probably said it out loud at some point. So being that I was at the museum and I was alone, so I was overhearing a lot of people's conversations, and one was two guys that were seemingly on a first date. And that's what it seemed they seemed to They were they seemed to be on a date, and they seemed nervous. So that's maybe a second date, but it's something. It seemed like that, and who knows. But one of them said to the other They're like, Okay, well I'm gonna ask you a question that I've always want to ask people, you know. And the guy was like, oh, and he was like, how would you prove if a replica if you got if a robot tried to say what is yeah? And I fucking loved it. It was like, what would you do if a robot tried to claim it cloned you and then tried to claim you were the U you, the real you, and it got a passport, it got a license. What would you have that would distinguish yourself from the replicant or whatever? And then they talked about it for a while and then I had to I was like, they moved and I couldn't just follow them the whole time, but I was like, that is so fascinating. Yeah, I want to be on this date. I would kill it on ladies. Also, I love that question on a date. I love that kind of so uh. But it's a big talk right now on the threads and the TikTok, and some people are joking, but some people are not. And a lot of people, I would say twenty five percent of like QAnon. They say twenty five percent of our country has some QAnon beliefs. And one of those is that you know who's have figured out how to clone people, So like Brittany's not really Britney. They're trying to say, yeah, Perez as well. That came up I don't know if you saw that. I posted that on threads because I was like, you've got to be kidding. How do we get this? Oh yeah, there was a whole TikTok of this woman and she's not joking, basically blaming us and saying that we we designed, we made Perez have a meltdown, We did all that. Jews did it, Jews Israel. Something they interchange zios is what they say on the TikTok. It's pretty crazy. I really don't know exactly how they would do that. But so now Usher has popped into the conversation because they're trying to say a lot of people trying to say Usher's been cloned, but he denies the body double rumors, says TMZ. He's laughing off an internet conspiracy theory claiming that a body double or clone performed for him during his show over the weekend. I guess he was like, weird.
Speaker 2: How freakin genius though, I mean, just like, give it a minute to think about, Like, it's exhausting to do a tour, Okay, you don't every single night, and you kind of like, you know the songs that people want to hear, and I mean, I feel like I feel like AI could figure out like all the spontaneous quote unquote spontaneous things somebody could do. So if cloning could be a thing, you know, or even like a hologram, I feel like people wouldn't know the difference.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess you're right about as you say it. I didn't even think of it in terms of like AI, I'm serious, Like if we're watching a video, we don't know if that's him or not. I guess we have been We have just been put in a blender thanks to Trump. I think for just not knowing what's real all the news, like we don't even know what we don't even have you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Okay, so the other I say, human, Yes, the other day John made this So okay, we're at a wedding. Long story short, this funny, this kind of funny thing happened where our cousin. I call him my cousin too, because I'm married to John. It's basically John's cousin. It doesn't even matter if they're like exactly cousins, Like, don't worry about it, okay, Cecily, they are related, Hey my blood, we'll do a DNA test. Okay, okay, I don't know if it's second cousin, if it's once removed, stop stop, okay. The point is that he was being very funny and doing this little bit where he had he took a knife and was pretending he was going to cut the wedding cake like before they were cutting it, and John's sister got worried and was like, he's not really going to do that, and of course John was like, of course he's not. So just to be funny. John had been videotaping his cousin doing this little bit. You know, he was just making a big smile. He's eighty. He was being very silly, and John took a video of it and he put it. I don't know how he did it, but he did it through AI. Gave it a prompt and made it look absolutely like he really cut the cake and pulled out a big piece and like shoved his face in it.
Speaker 1: That is not I know that he didn't. You can do that with any AI. You can tell it to do. My friend made me one where I was like walking down a red carpet. It was one hundred percent of me. It was just my picture, but they like had me at the Oscars. You can you know we are. I mean, I guess the fake news thing, there is a little truth to that. I still don't you know like where that came from, because he was trying to say like, oh I didn't do this, I didn't have this meeting. You know, it's not those things. So now we're so confused by AI that like, yeah, yeah, you know, because I couldn't tell Alegram I didn't know that. It wasn't like if I didn't, if I hadn't been there and saw it with my own eyes, I would have believed that happened totally, totally, and so yeah no, But so Usher's like no, no, no, no no. So people dressed the bizarre speculation on social media after fans began questioning whether the man on stage for night one of that Usher and Chris Brown show that we talked about in Jersey was actually even Usher. And that's kind of weird because remember when I looked at it and we were talking about, you're like, oh that he danced for that woman wasn't into it. Remember, My first thing was, I don't think that's Usher. I swear to god. Remember we had that com but you didn't think it was even an Usher concert it.
Speaker 2: Was I didn't even think it looks like I think that's an Usher clone. You were just like I did.
Speaker 1: Yes, No, I didn't think it was an Usher clone for an impersonator. I just didn't. It didn't look like him. And I was like, I don't really even think that's Usher. Sure, that's Usher, right, but he so people were like, oh my god, that's a clone, and he just wrote he saw that in the comment section. Usher with a blue check mark went in there and he goes, y'all are funny. Clone. They can't clone this, and then for some reason put two question marks. They can't clone this question mark question marks. So now I'm like, wait, can they though, I mean you've questioned it yourself. And then he said, how y'all come up with this? AI ain't that advance? But you know what Usher it is that it is that advance. But I guess that in real life, Like, but you're write a hologram, it's.
Speaker 2: Not actually cloning, Like they can clone a sheep like you'd have to. They'd have to get your permission, they'd have to be like, listen, how tired are you? Would you would you like us to make another one of you that could do all the performances and then you can hang back and like watch.
Speaker 1: TV or you know whatever. Would the clone not be better? Like they were saying justin Timberlake was cloned because he was like sitting down because he was drunk during like allegedly drunk. He was getting tired on tour understandably, and he was sat down a couple of times, and he didn't he wasn't really dancing that much. Like that's a clone, Like, wouldn't they make the clone better?
Speaker 2: Well? I also if one thing as a clone, I don't think it's going to look like vaguely like if it's a literal clone, isn't it going to look exactly the same? Do you know what I'm saying? Like, is it gonna look are you gonna be able to looking?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: It's like if they're if they're identical twins, you're not going to go m is that really his twin?
Speaker 1: Right? I mean, it really comes it comes back to the question. It begs the question, though, how would you prove you're the real you? If it has the ability to do all these things? And maybe eventually it will, and maybe it does. Maybe there is a secret weird society that's doing some weird ship. There probably is something, but I don't just don't think of that advanced yet. I just don't think they're wasting their time.
Speaker 2: I don't think the government who would is who would be cloning at this point. I don't think the government is spending its time going, you know who we need to clone first? Usher right, all right, that's our priority. Ry or a te you know what? Should we Should we close with Matt or should we close Let's let's ask our audience. Do you guys want to hear about Megan McCain or do you want to hear about Matt Rife.
Speaker 1: I think they want Matt. I think we do Matt Rife. Last. I think you're right, let's throw in let's throw in the quick Megah Kane only because we like this is one where're like, people really don't care about Megan Kane. But I love when the view people turn on each other, and not because I want sisterhood to fight. It's not like I want girls to pit each other. I mean, that's honestly the premise of the show. Though, you're going to take different women from different walks of life, kind of different political thing and then they just fight.
Speaker 2: Is my friend Sherry Shepherd still on the View.
Speaker 1: I have not watched The View in years.
Speaker 2: Was fine, Sherry Shepherd? We were friends at one point. But was she like a flat earther? I mean, that's kind of off, really off topic. But Sherry Shepherd, I'm going to look up Sherry Shepherd. Sherry Shepherd Shepherd.
Speaker 1: Do you ever have someone famous or liking something that you Was she a flat Earth? No?
Speaker 2: Okay, oh, it says Sherry Shepherd is not a flat earther. But she did go viral. I see, I knew sometimes it's not good to be like a gossip reporter like I am when you're just like I feel like I have a vague recollection of this, so let's just report it. But it actually the true story is she went viral on the View when she admitted she'd never thought about whether the Earth was round or flat.
Speaker 1: That's fair. Now, I will say I would have said, if I was on the View and I was up, did you audition? There was some other show they were trying to do, like on MTV or something like that. They wanted the View, but like edgi Er, did you go up for that? And I made a talk in a last round. What was that the talk? It was years the talk. It was not the talk. It was a totally different show.
Speaker 2: I do remember that, Yes, I think I was up for it, but never even auditioned.
Speaker 1: Really I made it kind of far. Oh I don't remember. Yeah, I do. I mean maybe to the like close to the second, you know, but nothing ever came of it. I think they put it on, you know, VH one, like one month, just didn't it didn't go. But I my point to even saying that is that i'd been on show like The View, I would have said the dumbest fucking things because you're so tired and you have to talk all the time. I would have probably defended everyone. I would have been like, you guys, hold on about Cosby. Wait, you know, we would have said shitty, dumb, had such stupid takes and you can't take it back there you edit it.
Speaker 2: And you would have tried to make it lighter by going comil she said to the boy. And they would have been like, Okay, wait, back up, though you don't believe that Cosby, and you're like, could be you, I'm.
Speaker 1: Sorry to say, with the calmbing of the hair and the fraction of the documents and fraction the only things that I could ever say. But okay, I always agitated with Whoopy this whole time because she defends everybody. She's the worst defended. She's the fucking worst. One's wrong with her. She's terrible. Mel Gibson, she defined. I mean, I just never understood. I know they're your friends, and I do get that. You get that.
Speaker 2: Also, she was never Was she ever a good actress?
Speaker 1: Did you ever really? Yes? Color Purple? Yeah, she was a great actress.
Speaker 2: Okay, color Purple. But did you like her in Ghost? I mean she was chewing up the scenery and Ghost? I yes, but I loved her in Ghost. I think she was a great actress. I think she was a great comedian and a great actress. And I'm sad that she feels the need to be.
Speaker 1: So I'm not like other girls right the show on when it comes to everything to the point where people just can't and she's so controlling because she's like the leader of the show, you know, so you're like everybody has to just shut up when she says something, and she's like, all right, we're going to commercial, and someone's a mid sentence, it's ridiculous. I mean, even though I thought that was Joy Bayhart. Oh no, that is whoopee all the way. Oh my god. Rosie might be doing it. She either might go back or be doing a different show, which I'm here for. I love this new Rosie. Yeah, Rosie saying oh yeah, okay. I'd love to see Rosie up against Meghan McCain. That's a view I'd like to watch, even though Meghan is just vile. And I said it, I said what I said. So what is the story?
Speaker 2: Not even like a big story, but it's just kind of funny, it says. Meghan McCain is persona non grata at her TV alma mater. After news broke that the Views planning to invite passed hosts back to celebrate their thirtieth anniversary next season, multiple sources tell Page six they'd prefer to keep McCain away. Several said they would be shocked if Brass even extended an invite given the way she treated people. Quote, oh, she's the most horrible, biggest pain in the ass, they told us, referring to behavior on camera and behind the scenes. One source claimed she once hurled an F bomb at the executive producer in front of their studio audience. She's a nutbag, they added, that's pretty funny, kind of interesting. Paine's petulant outbursts were well documented during her time on the show Moderator Whoopi Goldberg they call her. That's a nice way to say boss. The boss of the panel, Whoopy became so visibly fed up with her once during a debate that she scolded, girl, please stop talking. Meanwhile, Joy Behart didn't mince words when McCain joked about her missing her when she returned from maternity leave after being away for three months. Behart bluntly told her I did not miss you zero. I love that, and it appears that remains the case among staffers since she exited permanently in twenty twenty one. Quote, forget about how she treated her co hosts. It's less about that and more about how she treated the staff. Another source said, quote, she would even scream across the stage do.
Speaker 1: You know who I am?
Speaker 2: Alleging the late Senator John McCain's daughter would often remind people who my father is. Uh yeah, And there's no love lost on McCain's part. In twenty twenty, one. She blasted the show's toxic work environment in an excerpt she published in her audio memoir. Wow, so she didn't even do like, it's just all an audio memoir that.
Speaker 1: Is so weird. Well you could just have AI just transcribe that. I guess, I guess.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 2: She further revealed the reason she quit the show was because she felt mistreated for having conservative values.
Speaker 1: Oh that's ridiculous. No, she yelled at people all day. She wouldn't listen to anyone else's opinion. She was completely abusive. There are things that I even agree with her on and I just couldn't watch it. I was just disgusted by her. She's horrendously abusive, and I didn't like who was the other conservative they originally have, Elizabeth Castleback Castlebeck. Oh, she was the worst. She was the worst for a different reason. She was ridiculous, But she also wasn't smart enough to even form in my opinion. Yes, know, like, so you're just esus Like you guys are just being mean to me. You're just being mean to me, and you just like to hate war? Yeah, we do hate war. What she's not right? Okay, So let's move on to someone else. Who's not right and this is this is we held on to this story. But comedian Matt Rife, who, let's just be fair and say straight up, we're not We're not fans of him.
Speaker 2: I know, God, he's horrible. No, he's horrible. First of all, we weren't fans of his. We're gonna tell you who he is. He he's a guy. He's probably one of the original looksmaxers. Yes, he had a lot of plastic surgery. So he got a little bit famous for a reason that a lot of comedians who weren't very good got famous, which is there was this trend for a while where people would post interactions they had with the audience online so that would be their clip, but they didn't really they hadn't been doing stand up long enough to have like actual jokes. So he became His whole thing was like did he talk to people in the audience, And he thought of himself as very good looking, so he'd like kind of flirt with women in the audience and like, oh, I'm flirting with your mom. Oh, your mom's like super attracted to me or whatever. But then people started realizing, oh my god, this guy has no jokes. And so it became kind of you know, he wasn't respected anymore. So what did he do? The thing that a lot of comedians do, and that happens to them is they just go totally political and become like right wingers. And then he became like a like a like a very horrible about women. And he was talking about how women like it's fun like abuse of women, and women should.
Speaker 1: Get here's the joke. Yeah, oh, here's the joke in his twenty twenty three Netflix specials. So this is a little probably later after that, but he opened with a joke where he said he was talking about a restaurant hostess that had a black guy, and he said, if she could cook, she wouldn't have that black guy. That's in time act. First of all, there's not even an I mean, that's not even a punchline. There's no joke. Then he faked an apology. This is when I really lost my mind on him, because people were like, dude, that's really just not great. You know I personally and I think you are too, Like I am down for whatever joke you can make it funny. I really am personally. But he posted a mock apology on an Instagram story that linked users to a website selling special needs helmets. Yeah, I'm really really sorry. And he made the link look like it was like a domestic violence thing, yes, and instead it was for people with special needs. I mean, what a fucking piece of shit. Like horrible, I mean. And so now now he's in the news again. So he's already been like bad for a long time. But he okay, so this just a couple of days ago. I'm reading this from AI and will go into it. But he had this online exchange with a paranormal investigator, so he was going having a back and forth with this person who happens to be on the spectrum. I don't know. I don't know, and maybe you can tell me if Matt Rife knew that the person he was texting with was on the spectrum. But it does not matter, I don't think. So they're going back and forth. This person is but that always comes up in the story when you look at it, because you know they're trying to the page six or whoever's always trying to milke the story as well. But this is pretty bad. They're going back and forth, and Matt Rife says to this person remove yourself from this earth during a heated social media.
Speaker 2: Yeah but how how even? Uh yeah he could? He said. This was his exact quote. Uh trigger warning, Sir, you are a lifeless douchebag. Please remove yourself from this earth. Absolutely nobody is reading your novels in these comments. You do not matter to anybody. This event has already sold thousands of tickets. Now watch as I block you and you fall back into non existence.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Okay, so this is now I'm looking at the TMZ thing and the guy. Yeah, the guy is like Matt Rife is trying to say his response to the family and everything is he's trying to say, No, you don't see the context. You don't see the back and forth of how much this guy fucks with me. You know what, dude, there's no context that would make it okay. Why don't you just block him? I say to Matt Rife, if he's listening, why wouldn't you just block him? Block him? Every time he pops up in different ways, he'll get tired, he'll move on to something else. You don't tell him. Okay.
Speaker 2: Also, so this is like what Matt Rife is do. They're doing this company where they sell I'm going to get this totally wrong, but it doesn't really matter. But they're doing this thing where they're selling these like experiences going to us, yes, and they're charging so much money for it.
Speaker 1: Did you read that part at the Haunted the Haunted museum or something other.
Speaker 2: It's like a museum thing and each ticket costs like one hundred and sixty dollars, right.
Speaker 1: Right, it's crazy. So okay. So this guy, I guess that's been arguing with him self described paranormal investigator. That's what that means. I won't say the guy's name because we don't need to draw attention to him. He's just living his life, I guess. But he responded to the post about what you were saying. He responded to the post by giving an online sermon on the Salem witch trials, which, for reasons unknown, let Matt to rip into the quote lifeless douchebag by saying, remove yourself from the earth. So that's already weird. So then this guy, well, his name's Chris. Chris responded to the attack on Facebook and said, now I'm going going move forward with all this nonsense garbage what Matt said and Elton Castille, who's doing this thing with control your mentor Matt or Matt therapy. So this guy's not speaking in a way that for getting the therapy. It says, yeah, or get get or get Matt therapy. I'm sorry, I don't ever want It's hard to read this ever ever want to see Matt bully a person with autism? Again, do I make myself clear not okay to say with a person with autism, I have autism. Now, I don't know about all that. I don't really think any of that matters. I think that this guy was saying stuff and Matt rife for whatever reason, like went nuts and then just said the worst thing you could say to somebody. It's on Matt. I don't think that Matt knows that this guy's on the spectrum. But it really doesn't matter. But that just don't mean that.
Speaker 2: I mean, well, that's the thing. And this makes me mad on many different levels because like how cut and also for women, like for how come men can get away with shit like that? But like when Chrissy Teagan did it, which I'm not defending the fact that she did it, she was basically completely canceled, like that was it, but when a guy does it, they're just being like, people are so sensitive.
Speaker 1: Such a good point, you know, such a good point.
Speaker 2: People were like, I can't. I mean, that was like the most the white the biggest story was that she was being a troll online.
Speaker 1: I mean sometimes it's just timing. I mean there's a little and the story is to be fair being picked up and he's getting a lot of shit for it. But TMZ does does say what I just said, there's no evidence from the comments that Matt knew that has had autism, says Chris does not have a large following on social media, but his loyal followers and friends are now haunting Matt. This is how TMZ put it. Haunting Matt after the nasty attack. Uh, not exactly a new phenomenon, since Matt has been dogged by members of the community for a while. Now you think that the popular stand up comic is only getting into ghost hunting for the money. I mean that's Matt. Yeah, like, no, this is okay, like ghost hunting.
Speaker 2: He doesn't care about ghosts, he doesn't care about us.
Speaker 1: Just wish Matt. I would have been on Matt's side all the way up to telling someone all those terrible things. If he had just said all right, dude, broa and then blocked him, I would have been on Matt's side, having a right to do whatever he wants. If he wants to post a show at a haunted museum, that's up to him. If he wants to do a meet and greet and charge a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Even knowing how gross he is, you would have been on the outside.
Speaker 1: And people do it all the time, and we were just talking about someone who did the most ridiculously priced I want to say it might have been like Corey Feldman or something. I mean, it was something outrageous, like their meet and greets were so oh, I don't remember who, what was it, Ryan Adams? Was something so crazy where it's like most people do a meet and greet for zero money or this.
Speaker 2: Or oh I know, yes, I read that too, and I forgot who's a nine hundred dollars?
Speaker 1: So yes, if people want to pay it, that's fine. I still don't like the guy, but where he went wrong is saying something horrendous.
Speaker 2: Oh, you know what it was?
Speaker 1: You know what it was.
Speaker 2: It was when we were doing that story about Jennifer Aniston and the and the book, oh and that guy because they were charging like all this money and they were and the article that we read said, like, hmm, most people don't charge anything to.
Speaker 1: Go to your nine hundred dollars meet that guy and like getting gen to be like can you be there though, and like also say hi, because they're not going to pay this money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly exactly, that's why. And people were mad that he was using her so that he could charge all this money for his meet and greet because he's.
Speaker 1: A great Matt Rife. Has Matt Rife apologized by the time you guys hear this that I see. You know, we're a little behind. But and if he does, do we even believe him? He did that before. He didn't care.
Speaker 2: No, he doubled down with the helmet thing. That was his apology, the fake apology was it was that was he was supposed to be apologizes.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's right, exactly, that's exactly right. You know. It took me to a Reddit page which is just titled I mean, how bad do you have to be for this to be a reddit page? Why do people hate Matt Rife? So that's the name of the reddit. Now I know there's going to be people that like defend him. Oh my god, there's like some don't like deliberately controversial or edgy humor. Is that edgy humor, like to beat somebody up for not cooking your I mean, is anyone even laughing at out on that. I'm not. I'm definitely not.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And people are like, he made he made a very long, multiple sentence joke about domestic violence. It wasn't just a zinger punchline. And then he doubled down, but yeah, what we just said. And then some I was like, well, totally fair, joking about domestic violence isn't okay, and doubling down made it worse. Well obviously, So there's like hundreds of people discussing this, and that was even a year ago. So whatever, dude, I mean, what a fucking piece of shit. Yeah, that's our conclusion on that. I think, yeah, oh yeah, I mean to be rude. I don't want to be rude. I never want to be all right.
Speaker 2: Everybody join us tomorrow, though, well I don't know what order everything's gonna be.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, we're probably gonna switch the order on this. Don't worry about joining us. There'll be stuff. There's stuff every day. Okay, love you guys, Thank y'all, Thank you B