Speaker 1: It's the Lapsed Fan Wrestling Podcast with Jack and Carna CEO and JP Sorrow.
Speaker 2: And we're back Blapsed Fan Wrestling Podcast WWF European Rampage Again, nineteen ninety two, Munich, Germany. Yes, yes, yes, the opposite of nine indeed open as ring Fri I always used to do from what we understand in Germany with the Metallica the struggle within riff Hong Kong Hong Kng Kong Hong Hong Kong Kong Hung trying not to make it sound like Drew mc entire song, but I just can't help that.
Speaker 3: It does kind of it does kind of have that vibe, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: And ring Fry a German phrase that translates roughly to let the fight begin or the ring is free whenever you want to interpret it as say that again the ring is free and or let the fight begin.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, if that's what you want to be Luke cha libre is free. Fight.
Speaker 2: There's this idea of free having something to do with pro wrestling. No, it's always it's hardly ever free.
Speaker 3: I would say, it's like the least free sport. There is. There is no freedom in this sport, because it's all predetermined, it's all fake. Yeah. Yeah, there's no expression, there's nothing.
Speaker 2: There's justly queuing to what the the creative masterminds have for you.
Speaker 3: That is the thing. There is no freedom of expression in a wrestling ring.
Speaker 2: So they show these slow motion clips while the song plays this sort of pixelated effect.
Speaker 3: Yes, I don't know what to call it. It's kind of like washed out or something. Yeah, I mean it's definitely heavily filtered. They have some kind of yeah, just a bunch of filters on it to make it look cool and edgy, and you.
Speaker 2: Know, specially it looks like a watercolor painting, right, Yeah, like shit. Basically Hogan and the rest doing their thing, and then they cut to Olympia. How of course, the arena of this event took place in as mentioned in Part one, was part of the nineteen seventy two Munich Games. And they play the Olympic song, don't they.
Speaker 3: Well, it's not the Olympic song. Oh again, this is Aaron Copeland's fanfare for the common Man.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 3: In fact, fla Flatir came out to this song for a while. Amazing came out to this version. And then it cuts into this crazy, bizarre, Like I said, pop rock version that I just you know here it is. I couldn't. I didn't know what to fucking do with this, but here it sounds like nineteen ninety two. Oh, it totally does. And again it's great because I mean, listen, Fanfare for the common Man is one of the great songs. But it's so uniquely American. Yeah, that it's so weird that they would have that as a theme for a German show. Why do I associate it with the Olympics. It sounds a lot like it. Okay, it has a lot of similarities. It isn't dundt it would be dum dum, du du dud. That's the other that's the kind of the older Olympic thing that that it kind of more represents.
Speaker 2: Got it wonderful And yeah, I can get behind that being the soundtrack to nineties w w F. Absolutely absolutely just not right. It kind of smacks of the Colisseum video open song Yes you have this, you know this kind of mood center and they're showing while the song plays the arena.
Speaker 3: They're also got a little bit of a vibe of what would become the money Net Raw theme. No, no, no, you know, that's that's the raw. Yeah, that's a good point. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I wonder if Jim Johnston was inspired or he just ripped it off. Well, what's the difference, Yeah, exactly. So you see w W fan Club members holding you know, big white sheets that say w W Fan Club gurst In on it, and people just rejoicing at the fact that w w F is in town. It's kind of a really nice, kind of sweeping look at the media that they brought to Munich to you know, Brea and Piper t shirts and a European Rampage shirt and this is where you see that huge line at one of the merchandise stands, and this is where you get the logo WWF European Rampage Tour.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 2: There's all kinds of and then they hit like this is it right here?
Speaker 3: I think so? Yeah.
Speaker 2: Ben points out, well, the first part of the intro was Munich only, that is to say, scenes from Munich, Germany. All of a sudden they do like a run of the mill tour of major European landmarks. We're seeing Paris all of a sudden, and we're seeing.
Speaker 3: Can we I think we should just and you know, we can use the same thing over and over again. Let's just buy some stock footage of other countries so we can just kind of put it in whenever we need to. Well, it is a European rampage way. We are rampaging over the European planes, and therefore I believe we should have a multitude of stock infused footage.
Speaker 2: And as kind of curious as it is, it is kind of wild to see the Golden Hairsburrera a WWF wrestlers presented in another country with just a different just different tut Like this isn't how they would put it together in the States. It just it just feels different. And it's fascinating because it's like it's more regal that it's it's trying to be more respectable.
Speaker 3: And then and then it would all be it's all local crews, right as far as I know. Yeah, yeah, So that that's also kind of something that's like I'm wondering who is the who's in charge of the of the actual production of it all, like right, ye, So so therefore they're going to add their own touch within you know, within the ww's rules. And I got to actually say one thing I didn't even think about until just now is the fact that it really looks incredible because a lot of times you've seen you've seen European shows or or shows from other countries that kind of have a little bit they're either a little more house showy and they look dark, or they've got kind of a weird uh uh, like maybe it's because they use Powell instead of NTSC it's over there, and that it just always looks a little weird. But this looks like a regular old ww you know, TV taping that they would have anywhere. Yes, and it's amazing, it really is.
Speaker 2: We've lost sight of that because now you know, with digitization and four king whatever the case may be, every country looks the same because it's just a generated digital file. But my god, could you tell back then if they were emanating from Europe or not? I mean, think about that Berlin raw where Davy Boy beat Owen in ninety seven for.
Speaker 3: The up time, and it was like it was like a fucking MSG house show from nineteen seventy four.
Speaker 2: Right, it looks like it happened in the dungeon, right somehow here they had the resources. It must have been tele A five, you know, putting there know how to work, because that's a question I would like the answer to. When did WWF start bringing their own production equipment overseas? That's true, certainly they were using their own trucks and stuff when they did state side tapings and broadcasts. But I don't know when they started footing the bill. I don't even know to the extent they still do. I'm sure there is some kind of like deal where they don't actually truck everything across the ocean, but they probably have owned and operated stuff in Europe in storage or something, right. I don't think they rely on third parties too.
Speaker 3: Hey, I heard that. I heard it right there. Third that one fantastic. Hey, somebody relying on third parties? After that guy? Third party for president into the United States. You missed me yet on the ballot? Hey, you know you see what happened. You didn't put me on the ballot. I would have won. That's why you weren't on the ballot, because everybody knew that exactly. But now look at the state we're in now, turmoil we're in Munich, right is that that's not a state though? So they show repbo Man and Flare Chopping and Jake with a short arm clothesline all these people who aren't there.
Speaker 2: Right, I know, that's so funny, but they do so savage up top and his full clothing to do a leap. And they're now showing fans filing into the front door, ticket takers and empty arena with a ring at the center. Looks absolutely terrific, I mean, gorgeous, just so simple, so streamlined, so clean, so blue like. Yeah, I don't understand why they why they acted like they didn't have it figured out and dialed in. But whatever, WWF banners hanging.
Speaker 5: Well, you know what.
Speaker 3: I don't tell you why because the fans said otherwise that in the nineties, So.
Speaker 2: Waiting for the NFL to change their logo or the NBA to change there that never happens, huh to get because this is a necessary brand refresh that everything a comedy ghost.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you what we do is we actually we're ahead of the curve. See they have even yet. See we've already changed our logo a multitude of times, and yet they've never done it because they're not there yet. They're still that far behind in terms of production and availability.
Speaker 2: You can see the signs they put on the floor like arena block seat and the different seating blocks that you had to go and find your seat, and to get the shots of the announcers and the televive banner and the fans reacting and chanting, and they show some kids. This is all forward looking footage. This is like footage of people reacting to the matches, but they put in the beginning and kind of like a video package the kids with their mouth as a gape reacting to the.
Speaker 3: Message, which also makes you think that, okay, that this was definitely not live. Well, I'm not sure if you watched on telefive they showed this. I think this is just in the color. Oh I see, I see, Oh I see, I got you, I got you? Yeah, yeah, this is we have a kind of emerged I forgot that he's got this kind of he's got this ultimate cut that he gains, right, the ultimate cut. That's right.
Speaker 2: Ben points out that some of the guys they show at this point in the tape are wearing the official Undertaker themed tour t shirt.
Speaker 6: Ah.
Speaker 3: Yes, and he.
Speaker 2: Says, well, it's normal for me to see nineteen nineties US people and old wrestling shows. It is very bizarre to see German people on an old wrestling tape that could easily appear on a recording of a birthday party from decades ago. They show great shots of the crowd clapping and you know, really seem to be enjoying themselves. Multiple cameras, uh, backstage in the truck, they keep showing, like the switcher and the fucking all the different camera angles. They're really interested in shooting the television equipment, you know, firston I know, right, that's what it points out. They somehow love of production truck footage on this show.
Speaker 3: They do.
Speaker 2: So we see the directors working away and they keep showing tape machines and this is where we cut to the in studio. Marcel Abua, television presenter of the Ring Fried television show on telefive, welcomes us into European rampage again. He's kind of against like almost like a paint brushed backdrop and this is.
Speaker 3: What but it's not real. It's blue screened or green screened or whatever. Almost certainly, yeah it's something. You know what else isn't ring real wrestling the rest of the broadcast, that's right, that's right, it's all phony. So just to get that it's not even a real broadcast. It's it's animated. Who's what it is. It's a cartoon.
Speaker 2: Fuck Ring Fry more like Ring fake, like ring fraud, more like Ring not on the level Ring Froud Ring. Look, if you want me to make you make sixteen T shirts during the steep dive like, I'll fucking do it.
Speaker 7: Ring Fry.
Speaker 3: Are you kidding? Put it down that one makes it, that one makes fraud. I got to get the ring Fry logo and then make it Ring Froud.
Speaker 2: I think I know one country will sell one shirt in and that's the extent of it exactly, which is saying more than we can for some of the shirts in there.
Speaker 3: I know there are listen, I'm I'm proud of the ones that haven't sold. Those ones make me happy. How do you spell ring Fry by the way.
Speaker 2: It would be our a G and that would be off f r E I f r E I. But why do you need to know that if you're going to write fraud instead?
Speaker 3: Well, because I need to see what the logo looks like. I got you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go back on the video provided to us, and it's a good point. At some point they show the logo so Marcela Bo and this is where we turn to the Homie Bend for the translation. He welcomes us to the VHS tape. He tells us that this is the right VHS for you, thank God, recorded the first WWF show that was held in Munich, and he hypes the Battle Royal, which only took place in Munich, accord to him. So that is to say, throughout the whole European rampage to our only Munich got a Battle Royal. He's saying here, which I think is true because we did go all through all the results and I don't recall another and takes us to the arena where we are welcomed for the first time to the dulcet tones of Carston Schaeffer.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, we get here in the original tv TV broadcast intro. That's right.
Speaker 2: It wasn't just Ring Fry. This, this special presentation from Munich was called Ring Fry Extra.
Speaker 3: Oh well, so okay, I'm I'm intrigued.
Speaker 2: Lee Fesseler makes it clear that we are not in the USA, but in Germany, as Carston Schaeffer adds Olympia Hall Munich and says, I can tell you it's crashing quite considerably. The first of what I assure you are many many money translations to come. That's how are you translated? I guess, I guess Ben Ben points out that sounds as unnatural and English as it did in German.
Speaker 3: Just so you know. So it's ring frie extra, just what I've been waiting for a right, Yes, that's I would like a ring ring fry with extra fry please.
Speaker 2: And how clean is that European rampage logo?
Speaker 3: Oh give it to me. That fucking thing is money, so blue and so great, it's just perfect.
Speaker 2: At the rampage banner they zoom out from that carsonly wilcomes and welcome us in. You can hear Carson say Intercontinental amidst the flurry of Germany.
Speaker 3: He mentions Macho and.
Speaker 2: Michael's and the Battle Royal. You can hear Mike McGirk as the ring announcer down on the floor.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: And what Ben tells us is at this point Uli and Carston are hyping the show and they say that nobody can predict who's going to win the Battle Royal. Well, well, some book or can, I would say, someone in the back can. Then they tell people that Marcella Bua was just in the ring firing up the crowd. So yes, well, Mike McGirk provided English language ring announcing to the crowd and Munich and tried, as we mentioned in part one, a little bit of German. It was Marcella Bua who was holding the microphone and the Howard Finkel role, if you will for the Germans. I say, both made introductions, then says we now hand over to Mike McGirk, the ultimate crush of all men here brother, the original Hawaian punch. I guess, so, well, sounds before we get there.
Speaker 3: I do want to so, like I said this, this aired on the June first, I have some fun here for us, the June first, ninety two episode of Primetime Wrestling. And this is Vince McMahon pitching to the match from the uh from the conference table that they were all sitting at. Well, right now, let's take you to action involving the hitman Brett Hart going off against Dino Bravo.
Speaker 4: This coming to you from Munich, German.
Speaker 3: I was there. I was there, No, you weren't. That's the funny part. Yeah, So that was yeah, So they even said it like they didn't even just they didn't try to hide that it was like a match that could have been anywhere. They actually said it was from Munich, Germany. That's great. Yeah, yeah, that's awesome. I didn't realize has ever aired on television. Yeah, and I do have Mike McGirk too, an Alex because this is just, I mean, honestly, hearing her speak German and then just basically I mean, I don't know, it sounds like she just gives up and just starts announcing in English. She certainly does. Yes, something she's owned full to graft.
Speaker 2: Something she's reading off like a hostage note for the name is Mike McGirk, So here he comes, this would be this match would be Brett hardned Dino Bravo. Absolutely absolutely, And I love the lower third graphics, the chirons, they look great.
Speaker 3: They're so.
Speaker 2: That they're different than what they would put on American television at the time. There's like a different type face to them. But I really like it. There it comes, Brett Ring is as clean as can be. Red white and blue ropes, blue apron. They they for some reason seemed to insert a fake crowd pop. It really stood out to me. I don't know why I didn't. I didn't here for the rest of the.
Speaker 3: Whole broadcast anyway. That's why Brett thinks he had a great pop when he came out.
Speaker 2: Well, no, because if you look at the tape, he'd realize that his memories of people falling over the guardrails was inaccurate as well.
Speaker 3: So that's true.
Speaker 2: Sure, So yeah, that this is what Ben provides. He says, Mike McGurk starts to announce in broken German, then switches back to English. Yeah, the Hitman enters the ring and everything is completely different than in his book.
Speaker 3: Ben notes.
Speaker 2: Willian Carston says he's making his way to the ring, that they are happy to finally welcome you live for once, that Dino Bravo is the self proclaimed strongest man in the world. Yes, apparently, and they are curious who will get the glasses of the hit Man.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at the font by the way, and it's like, yeah, they don't use the kind of block lettering that that that w you would use. It's more it's almost like varsity letters, yes, you know, but it's still got the same You get the logo on the left and then you've got the red line that always they always had that, which was always beautiful.
Speaker 2: I was just surprised watching this how visually distinct it ended up being. And you made a great point about how the video quality was not as different as you were accustomed to, and you watched overseas at the time period. So here he comes hoisting up the strap to the adulation of the Germans as the hitman and mouthing God knows what to himself, kisses the belt before handing it to the referee as Tim won't White hoist sit up. It gets a nice pop. Brett Ringside puts some shades on a little man. You can see the Televiive logo up on the top of the screen, and yeah, it scenes for sure to kick this thing off. Brett really comes out hot. Yeah, and total rout is really you can tell like they're going to hang on every wrist lock. This isn't a crowd that's just going to sit there until the near falls start, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yep, yep. So it's Brett Firstino Bravo. Now is that you Bravo? Or is that Vincent Pestori from The Sopranos. I couldn't tell. I tell you this though he's only one piece of gabbaghul away from the icy title? Is Dano Bravo.
Speaker 2: You know Big Show used to go to seven to eleven so often they gave him the icy title.
Speaker 3: That's funny.
Speaker 2: So do you know locks up with Brett with his black hair, pushes off the Hitman to a chorus of boost. You know looks like every Italian guy you've ever seen?
Speaker 3: Is that right here? He really does the reference.
Speaker 2: You can hear Piper on commentary and what had happened at WrestleMania eight. Of course, hit Man becoming champ. Brett goes to the hammer lock and that gets a pop. He puts a hammer lock on and that gets a pop. That's right because Brett is doing it because right, and Brett equals money in Germany by timing out to his foot under the rope clean break, do you know, slams the rope ball, pissed off and the hit Man chance start.
Speaker 3: I've got I've got a treat for you. So what I decided to do is because of the fact that I knew you were going to have some commentary that was going to be translated, I decided that for the matches that were available, I would watch the ones that aired on w television in the States, and I would use the commentary from that because I know you wouldn't have heard that. How fun so and this is funny, like in the middle of this match, because also keep in mind they're also promoting other shit at the time, because this aired two months afterwards. Yes, so in the midst of this match, I've got here Gorilla Monsoon and grillam on Soon and it's Lord Al who are on the call for this, and they're hyping up the upcoming WBF Championship in Long Beach just under two.
Speaker 8: Weeks now after in Long Beach, California, and the Personal Fitness Ax Bowl on June thirteenth and fourteenth, the whole host of.
Speaker 3: Other stuffs on a weekend that's.
Speaker 8: Gonna be and kicking it all of course, the big WF champion New Chermany to b Crown Thanks ninety two at the Long Beach Convention Center, and it's all available on pay per view.
Speaker 4: It's it's amazing, It really is amazing.
Speaker 9: Tell me what the well oppressive federations tip, that's how's it going to be?
Speaker 5: There?
Speaker 8: Well, I understand that the Ultimate Warrior in Texas Tornado had them on a half of Legion to Doom. Sergeants Faughter, Crush. Believe that crush. What a powerhouse that guy. He might have ented the tournament himself.
Speaker 9: Well, I was just thinking of Legion of Doom then when you were talking about that, how about on the hole if they right there, that's.
Speaker 4: It's kind of tough.
Speaker 8: Look goz WBF stars your lordship, and they have devoted their entire light. Yes they're doing nothing, but yes you have to if you want to be successful.
Speaker 4: But the worst they would appoy, no, forget it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just wait about three four months away, brill exactly. Oh that's so money, make money to Yeah, to see the promotional imperatives at the time.
Speaker 3: Exactly. I mean it's because you know that. That's because there's another moment too. I didn't. I didn't get the SoundBite for this, but it's kind of funny. So if if Because again it's airing on in the United States in June, they're playing up the fact that Sean Michaels is watching this match closely. Yet for our for us, it's like, well, why would he be watching that match closely because he's in the fucking main event with with Savage's at the Big Belt. Big Belt, you know. So it's like it's kind of it's funny because you know, if you don't, if you're not actually watching this show live, you you know or you know it just it means something totally different.
Speaker 2: Only in wrestling does the match take place at the very moment the commentary track.
Speaker 3: Has been laid down.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's totally divorced from chronology. Other than this, it's weird, right, it really is. It's multipurpose, So lock up, do you know? Puts a Manhattan drop on the hit Man to a course booze is Brett gets.
Speaker 3: Sell like Scott Hall sells a WrestleMania stunner. He sure does. Bounces does.
Speaker 2: It's pretty awesome selling too, is he. Brett takes his time to process the pain he's going through just in that one move it crouches like that's going to kind of help. And then he tries to re enter the ring, and as he puts one foot over the rope and waits, it's like he knows if I try to get back in the ring, Dino's gonna pounce. So he does, and then he drops down before Dino can attack him. So Brett's like headfaking here makes.
Speaker 3: You wonder, like, it makes you say, hey, you know, maybe if people took it a little bit more seriously in the ring exactly, you know, maybe made it seem a little more realistic, it might actually do something right.
Speaker 2: Can you fucking imagine maybe thirty years later people will be reflecting on it positively instead of everything looks like an anachronism. There he is, and back to the lock up. Dono kicks the gut of the hit man with the right hand and some chops.
Speaker 3: I hear that.
Speaker 2: I hear someone say schlog and as do you know what whipped Brett into the corner chops?
Speaker 3: And definitely they're making those chops into schnitzel m.
Speaker 2: Brett ducks too. Actually the whip to the rope spread jumps with a cross body block gets too and body press brought haw and we here on the commentary right with another atomic drop and do you know hits the floor and then do you know with just a simple D I n know and cursive on his ass that's the gear.
Speaker 3: Well, hey, he's on his way out.
Speaker 2: So what's funny with things that Carson says At this point, Dono. Bravo has had big successes in the w w F. Yeah, I don't think he did.
Speaker 3: I mean he did win a tag title at some point, what, yeah, like way back that far? Yeah, I mean, hey, you know we can we can't sure technically speaking, I'm not saying that it's a good idea to go back that far. I'm just saying that it happened. But you know, yes, he does suck.
Speaker 2: I'm sure that's what Carson was thinking. Was his tag team with what what was.
Speaker 3: It, Tony Gia, Right, it's something like that, Yeah, Rick Martel whatever, lock up, side headlocked by? You know what? Wasn't Connell champion too? Oh?
Speaker 1: Was he?
Speaker 3: Let's take a look one. Let me see here. You're thinking like in the early No, he won the Canadian championship. Yeah, that's Right's right, he's the only one eighty five and he held it for a one hundred and these seven days and then it abandoned.
Speaker 2: You know what I stand correct at Carson schaefferd Do you know Bravo did in fact have great successes in the w w F. Yes, lock up and the side headlocked by Dino grinds away? No, No, I see the point Canadian Champ tag Champ. That's more than most.
Speaker 3: That's true. I suppose the good the crowd is with ever, oh last, they really are. I mean, it is, it is. I mean even even in the fucking it's kind of hilarious to mix it properly in the the the primetime version, the crowd was even then overpowering Gorilla and Lord Al. And they weren't even in the building. They were in the building. That's such a good point. Yeah, like, but they still the way I mean, obviously you want to mix it, so you're not you're not peaking the spiking, the the levels and so there it is like it's like they can't even fucking mix it so that Gorilla and Lord Al could be heard. That's fascinating.
Speaker 2: I wonder if they had a term for that, you know, when they went into the hot box and laid down the commentary tracks. If you guys, you know, this is a match where the crowd reaction is so strong, we've got to just shut out the fact that we won't be able to hear ourselves talk for a couple of seconds, right, Because there must be only certain certain a caliber of match that reaches that level. You know, like, yeah, the Bruno going off on von Roski, George the Animal steel as because recently in the Coliseum collection. But in that case Vince McMahon was live ring side of the garden. So he's being drowned out, not just in post, but that's true.
Speaker 3: And so there Gorilla and Lord Al are feigning being in another country, by the way, they are feigning like they are actually there. Oh God. And they they talk about in this clip that how being in another country helps one learn the local language. It's amazing, you know, how quickly you can pick up a language if you're you know, spending it all over here.
Speaker 4: Yes, I've had to put.
Speaker 8: In especially if you want to hear any groceries.
Speaker 3: It's all about food. Yeah, what would you know about that?
Speaker 9: Donkor Shun said, I you beata shuns absolutely and volas they might have.
Speaker 3: That's shame to you.
Speaker 4: And I believe that.
Speaker 9: Farllow that Tim White the third Man is referred to as an alviter.
Speaker 3: An, right, Yes, he resembles that remark.
Speaker 4: But the contestants arenas.
Speaker 9: This is arena wrestling, okay, I got to know all those Bud.
Speaker 8: You know, we've got a few ringers I know that for sure.
Speaker 3: He's just sitting there just making fun of everything.
Speaker 2: You can here, He's just getting it because he's got that straightforward delivery. He's clowning around the whole time exactly.
Speaker 3: I mean you just fucking you know, probably sitting in a booth, smoking cigarettes, eating a fucking gabbagoule sandwich. That's awesome. Yeah, heavy on the provolone ah our Bier. He resembles that direct hit, direct hit one of yours. Truly, it's fucking great.
Speaker 2: So a lock up on the side, headlocked by Dino Bravo. He grinds away. Hitman falls to a knee up push off. Dino hits the tackle and Brett flips head over heels on impact. Because it's about selling. Dino hits the ropes and again it hits the tackle again over the top Brett with a leap frog and he hip tosses you know, Bravo, to a huge applause. They applaud it like wow, look at the form, you know what I mean, inverted atomic drop by the Hitman. Dino does the stumble into an arm dragon. Brett hauls off on the shoulder of Dino Bravo, trying to work that over arm bar now by the hitman and Dono gets up, grabs hipman lifts and slams them. But yes, Brett, because of course he's an ring technician.
Speaker 3: Yes, roll the fucking role he has he has. I think Taz would call it a firm grip. Yes, on that fucking arm. He lowered those hips, like lowered the hips for grips.
Speaker 2: When people say, you know, wrestling, it's so phony. What what is a technical wrestler? What does that even mean? Isn't it all just a I said, Well, all it really is is someone who holds onto a limb when someone else tries to sprid them, right.
Speaker 3: So someone a technical wrestler is is somebody who who you think something's going to happen to them and they do the opposite, right, all right, that's a technical wrestler, someone who has that fucking sensibility to also to make it come across as more real than the next person. Of course, Yes, you know technical wrestling. I know you are, I know you are, But I'm still fighting the battle. I'm fighting the battle. And then Brett Hart, I mean the same thing like that, that whole climbing in that that that avoiding climbing in the ring. That's technical wrestling right there. Just yeah, you know, because that is in my mind the technical aspect comes from, is you are trying to create a technically real match. Well, yeah, you're you know, you're doing something that's close to amateur wrestling, right, you know you could actually mistake it for exchanges that you'd see in a real wrestling and you're showing caution like that's right, that's that's real. You know you would do that if you knew that somebody was gonna blindside you, if you fucking walked in there and put your head down like that, you would avoid it. Like it's very it's it's it's amazing how that is lost really on on, Like it's such a simple thing. You wouldn't even need to you you wouldn't even need to adjust your move set and your style and whatever. It's just like it's just it's adding these little details that make such a huge difference. But they're like they I mean, they don't care now, they don't see the value. And in getting across that, they're concerned about their opponent's potency, right that their opponent if they catch them, they're fucked. So they're gonna be careful. Like now, it's just like it's always a battle of wills. Now, it's always like I don't care how hard you can hit me, I can hit you harder. It's like, right, well, what about avoiding being hit in the art of that? That's real fighting, right, That's real wrestling, you know, is avoiding things and and misdirecting so that you can get at somebody when they try to do something. It's not about We're to stand in the middle and punch each other in the face until one of us falls down. I mean, there's a place for that, just like that. You know there's a place for that in boxing too, But if somebody no one's going to do that at every single fight. The reason that's money is because it's come to the point where the two fighters have no choice but to throw down because they're so evenly matched. Otherwise, exactly, you know, they would get out of there as quickly as they could and dispose of their opponent as efficiently as they could if they were they if the other guy was out mad. But he's not, and so now it's gonna have to This is going to be one of those nights where I have to win on heart. That should be the last option. That is trying to win on heart.
Speaker 2: But Brett, unfortunately for him, heart is holding on in the arm on the attempted slam, and now Brett is dean knees into the shoulder of Dono Bravo and further locking up the arm. Dono gets up, though, retreats to the corner and Brett goes to the gut. Whip is reversed and Brett hits hard on those buckles.
Speaker 3: Yes he does, yes, yes he fucking does you.
Speaker 2: Know, drops an elbow and the felt hitman collects him and scores with a pile driver and wipes his hands like I just finished him off. He covers Brett but only gets two do you know? Now with the snap mare and he hooks on a camel clutch. As Brett gathers himself up, he throws some back elbows to get free, hits the ropes and you know runs him over with a lariat. Huge chorus of booze on that one. It's Brett's attempt to come back failed, do you know? Then slams the hitman and drops an elbow for two. And when he does that, Carson says you heard the bang. There are forces at work here that make you feel sick, you know. I guess that's true. As they go on and on about how strong Dino is and God the sound of that matt when that referee hits down, Municha say that deep echo definitely has a comic book type.
Speaker 3: God, if you were to write it out, swap is a good one.
Speaker 2: Do you know the bear hug now? As Uli says, Dino's bear hug is deadly and Dino is obviously angry now it shows on him.
Speaker 3: Sorry, beforehand, I want to play this because uh joy, when when when when Bravo has the chin lock on on the hit Man and and Brett Sharks come back? This is well. Gorilla informs us why why he starts to rally and I.
Speaker 8: Think too when it starts to get empty on the hit Man, he reaches down for that little something extra, something that's in bread, your lordship.
Speaker 3: Oh God, in bread all right is what it is? Thank you?
Speaker 2: You know to me, I'm not even going to read into that because Gorilla probably just said that because the word bread isn't there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he loves things that are in bread. That is too much if it's stuck between two slices. He's great, Oh my god, that's so funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, wonder he loved the royal family.
Speaker 10: Oh, I loved things that were in bread.
Speaker 3: It's not all about food, by the way. No, it isn't. No, it isn't.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, let's resent on that. It blew my mind. So, as Zuli says, Dino is obviously angry. Now it shows on him. Carson says, angry at Brett heart, angry at the audience. None of his actions are acknowledged.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, you know, that's he's not wrong. That would that would I would say Dino Bravo generally is not acknowledged by the audiences.
Speaker 2: As Ben writes, the word choice is often really strange from these announcers, and this continues for the next hours. Brett bites the head to get free. Brett resorts to biting love it. He does that before. I've even do that before I remember him doing that. Oh he did it with Razor Ramon Rumble ninety three. I'm pretty sure he bites the head.
Speaker 3: That means he's in a lot of trouble. If the exactly listen, he's not afraid to do it. He he knows, he knows exactly what his weaknesses are. Wow, so Dino stays on right. I'll tell you what my favorite Brett is, Like this era Brett up until he became a ninety seven Brett. Those are my Those my two favorite Brets. Everything else like fucking hate he pisses me off. But Brett ninety one, ninety one to nine to like early ninety five Brett, that's my favorite Brett. Hart. Yeah, ninety five until ninety seven is bullshit. Ninety seven is fantastic. Everything after that sucks balls. Are you saying him wrestling Steve Austin as surviv Series ninety six is bullshit? No? No, no saying the Iron Man matches No no, no, no, no no no, I'm not saying it's bullshit. I just didn't like him, right, I don't care about like I he pitched you done with him being right the guy, the hero.
Speaker 2: I was done with him, Like you know, it's not a comment on his work. It's a comment on where the fan mentality would have been right by him at the time.
Speaker 3: I just he just annoyed the fuck out of me. Ninety five ninety six up until like again, because like to me, he was a I I want him to be heel. I've said this before in ninety five when he came back in ninety five, like to face Diesel at the at the Rumble, I wanted him to be a heel. Then I was like, he should be a heel. He just fuck, he's the fucking shit out of me. Always ever talks about.
Speaker 2: How a nineteen ninety five Hogan was long in the tooth in WCW and the Red and Yellow was getting booed every where. It's like, well, maybe Brett wasn't so far from that categorization either in WWF in nineteen ninety five, where people were I mean, I'm not say he was rejected by the crowd in the way Hogan was in some cities, but maybe people would have eventually gotten as sick of him in ninety six as a baby face.
Speaker 3: I mean they kind of did in a way. I mean like, I mean, they kind of they booked it that way, but him, you know, they kind of people didn't you know, people were rallying behind the anti heroo, you know, I mean, it wasn't you know they wanted Austin and Brett was the antithesis of Austin in a way.
Speaker 2: You know it's right, It's absolutely right. So Brett gets free. Deino stays on him with a double X to the back and the sidewalk slam for two. As Brett gets his fun on the rope, the crowd appreciates the foot on the rope. They thought that was actually clever. Yes, Dino hauls off and boots the bottom rope to a chorus of booze as he's so pissed off that he just can't put Brett down for three. Then he covers tighter with a leg hooked, and that only gets two as well. Back up in a bear hug. Brett lets out of yelp as Dino slaps that thing back on the hand of the hipman drops one.
Speaker 3: Two.
Speaker 2: No, Brett fights this one back, gets some right hands to some Mongolian chops the Mongolian clap. Rather, I had to break free boxes the ears bread then blocks right hand and fires off some rights as only Brett Hart can. Okay, when you talk about blocking a punch and returning fire, there's only one Yes, there's only one.
Speaker 3: Yes. He's whipping a backdrop. It's spectacular.
Speaker 2: Up and over it goes Dino. Bravo cover and it gets two for the hit man. How great the way Brett pressed across the shoulders with the back arched when he did a cover man, Yes, yes, what you do? I mean if the whole point was to pin the guy's shoulders down. Yes, although you know he could hook a leg. You know that's okay. We have be Gorilla on primetime Falling Game. Ever, I don't think I actually I didn't. He didn't, he didn't mention that, but.
Speaker 3: I uh uh, I don't remember. I can't picture a time when Brett Hart ever hooked the leg.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was much more of an upper body press. Yeah, yep, yeah, right, that's interesting. I'm thinking of that to think of a time, but I can't think he'll answer that cameo. Maybe why don't you ever hooked the leg in your career besides Yoko? I guess ever, that's true, good point, that's very true. He did hit the leg on Yoko like that was going to do anything, but it did.
Speaker 3: So we got the duke, is what it got. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Indeed, so perfect with a snap verticle zuplex, not per perfect, There is a there is a there is a perfect snap vertical suplex from the hitd man that gets to to the corner right hands whips reverse. Brett goes sternham first into the buckling because he knows how to bring work rate and Believabilody up in a whip and reversed you know, hits him Brett with a side backbreaker. Carson says that he's got a leevuli right now to go backstage do the interview, as Ben notes, so he knew the match would end soon. Maybe wrestling a stage.
Speaker 3: Mmm something, think about folks, because as.
Speaker 2: Soon as Carson announces that he's got a skate, Brett goes to the middle rope inverted and the crowd is with it as he takes a pause to build up the anticipation, which he never used to do for this move, and he takes up and launches with the midder roal elbow drop. Scores with it one two, three off the elbow drop. I've never seen that before, never never seen it.
Speaker 3: Show me another example. So weird. I don't know, I don't It's just I don't know. To me, the diving elbow, as as iconic as it is for Brett Hart, it was never a move that was a match ender.
Speaker 2: Maybe Dina was just set the sharpshoot or something. Maybe he had some kind of back problem. Maybe maybe the case was. Brett Hart retains the Intercontinental Championship, defeating Dino Bravo in the opening contest here at WWA European rampage again in Munich, only time I've ever seen that again. So Dina rolls over with his hands on his hips like that wasn't the finish. But Brett did take an extra long pause before launching, so you know, because I was at first reading Dino Bravo's body language like he failed to kick out when he was supposed to and that was a fuck up.
Speaker 3: But I really don't think it was.
Speaker 2: He even Bretty even adjusted his knee pads before taking flight, which he so weird, such rejoicing as the hitman hoists the title and kisses the strap with his feet on the ropes and taking in the reaction of the crowd. Not once Boss did the crowd have reason to think it's all pretend in this one?
Speaker 3: I agree. I want to say, for on Primetime, Gorilla pitches to Lord Al for the replay, and we get I don't think he was prepared for it, because we get a fucking nonsensical world word salad out of out of uh uh lord, al.
Speaker 8: Let's go back or take a look that some of the birthsic shitt, what's up?
Speaker 4: And this one?
Speaker 9: Give it to me your MARCHI whoa Frett Hall played a very intelligent for here okay, gino, bravo.
Speaker 4: He played a defensive battle.
Speaker 9: He knew he couldn't take him away in the first few minutes, so he's saying, I wait.
Speaker 4: You very patiently until the right time came along. How he's still look champion.
Speaker 3: He forgot how the finish went. Really, for I had no idea, he had no clue, or he didn't or he wasn't planning on doing doing calling the the the replay or something. I don't know. It just fucking like, what are you talking about? Oh my gosh, so so fucking funny.
Speaker 2: So Brett walks the perimeter, slap in fives. They go to Carston as Dugan does the march behind him.
Speaker 3: We're backstage. I've I've got this one for us. I'm sure you do.
Speaker 6: We go.
Speaker 11: On his inch on via by miss.
Speaker 3: What the fuck is he doing in He's he's such an older march. I mean there was a moment I actually thought he was doing I know something appropriate. I thought that too. I was like, you don't be doing that. There, hack saw, but.
Speaker 11: Heck saw Jim Duggan.
Speaker 3: Royal rampage by royal rampage. Royal rampage. That's a new one, royal rampage. And he cures himself. Here Jim is chopping.
Speaker 4: At the bed to get in the wing.
Speaker 12: That's that's einl heck saw Jim Duggan, he phil Gleischmael. It was a match quashing Colonel Mustafa.
Speaker 3: Do you have do you have the the translation for this? All right? That's that's I'll pause there before so you can catch us up, and then I'll play Duggan's response.
Speaker 2: Carson does not translate Whatuggin says. He just says that was the right opening, and then he translates with Douggin says and says this man, of course, uh going to clash with Colonel Mustafa tonight, but then there's also a battle royal later, and naturally he'll try to win that too.
Speaker 13: Say Colonel Moustafa. Let me tell you something, Staffa. You're not over in the Middle East, You're right here in Union.
Speaker 3: I thought he would be over in the Middle East. Now have all the places of all the places with this guy not to be over.
Speaker 13: Stepping in away with hack Saud him Duggy six foot three, two hundred and ninety two hundred ninety five pounds, and I'm coming after you.
Speaker 12: A tough guy now and he's a man. Nati con mustafas Aba. Don't give us a battle roy David in Hecksaw, what do you have there?
Speaker 2: He only says that's Hexaw Jim Duggan. Everything that can be said has been said.
Speaker 3: Be royal there. I heard him say battleroyal. No, yeah, that's the earlier thing. He said.
Speaker 2: Not only are gonna class the criminal staffa, but then there's also a battle royal later. Naturally he'll try to win that too. And then he translates what Dougan says, but he does not translate, according to Ben, the last statement of dug and he only says that's Hacksaw Jim Duggan. Everything that can be said has been said.
Speaker 3: Back to you.
Speaker 12: We've got a battle royal tonight and you probably want to come out the winner.
Speaker 13: Sixteen man battle oil. You will talk about havoc, you will talk about a rubble. You will talk about battle oil. There's no friends out there. I'll let you in on my strategy, Old hack Saw Jim Duggan.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get over in that corner over there.
Speaker 13: I'm gonna settle down and if something moves, I'm gonna knock it out.
Speaker 12: Tough guy Hacksavin ut least Covin does his gun's klown and has As and rn what Alas vaskll An Farnie get now Hecksaw?
Speaker 11: First time in Germany? What do you think of Germany?
Speaker 3: I'm really excited. This is right, this is my first time in Germany.
Speaker 13: And oh hack Saw Jim Duggan, I'm looking at all the sykes, looking all around, but you.
Speaker 3: Gotta keep focused.
Speaker 13: You gotta keep one thing in mind, and that's Colonel Mustafa. That's the rumble, that's the battle oil, and that's what Hasaw.
Speaker 3: Jim Duggan's gonna do.
Speaker 12: Text some tell tough guy, Yeah, that's his ex Jim Duggan says Alice Kazak fast manzagenkhan him totally where.
Speaker 2: He throws the board behind Carston's head into the frame and then goes.
Speaker 3: Where where's my boy? Was he on fucking nut, total nut. That's as easy as I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Jim Duggan. O, man, I suppose you want to win the Battle Royal, great question, Carson. Yeah, so Mustapha is in the.
Speaker 3: Ring inside by mister Carson Schaeffer, Yes, so, yeah, yeah, yeah, Costin Austin Schaeffer. No h.
Speaker 2: So there's a long blue alleyway aisleway rather to the ring, and you see a kid jumping up and down so awesome at the excitement of Hacksaw making his way to the ring. Crowd getting mighty riled there at ringside. I have to say, can I.
Speaker 3: Ask you something?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Sure you can.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 3: Mike McGirk says that Jim Duggan is unhiling from What the fuck does? And you know this jogged memory because I remember she would say that a lot. What the fuck does unhaling mean? That's a great quation. It's not your citizenship exactly. It means like to me, it seems like you're not from there, You're unhailing from there, Like no, I will not hail from there anymore. That is really curious because and there's no I couldn't find a definition of it. Mayn't look hard enough, but she means to say hailing I know, but like she would always say unhaling from. That's bizarre.
Speaker 2: I never noticed that about her. Someone asked, Mike mcgirck, what you Yeah, well, okay, so unhaled, according to Collins Dictionary, means not acclaimed, not saluted, not called right. So to hail, to hail something is to praise it. So well, in some ways he was unhaled. I guess that's true. But like she would say that a lot about people where they were from, unhaling from this, and maybe she's saying and hailing from maybe maybe maybe she's think oundhaling from. Maybe that's what it was hailing from a minute. Some of that mixed Germans. So all smiles his hacks on his way to the Ringers mentioned he's just as much over as Brett and Bulldog is it's wild, it's USA.
Speaker 3: He does listen.
Speaker 11: And yeah, was on fine, that's sun USA.
Speaker 3: You couldn't pay European crowd to chant USA nowadays. No, it's it's absolutely wild.
Speaker 14: And.
Speaker 3: They're that that. They're also that there are people who have American flags. Yeah, because they're there to support him. Duggan. It's so wild to me, it is. Tell me that's not awesome.
Speaker 15: It is?
Speaker 16: It is?
Speaker 1: It?
Speaker 5: Really?
Speaker 17: Is it?
Speaker 3: To me? There there, it sends a symbol of global unity.
Speaker 2: Does the stomp and the clap, and they're so with him, all these blue collar looking guys in the audience, thumbs up all over. I think Mustapha said hallelujah.
Speaker 3: At one point and they booed.
Speaker 2: I heard them say, yeah, you nailed it. Uli says, according to ben Bahla balla ballah, I don't know what we should think about that, and Carson says nothing.
Speaker 3: Everyone.
Speaker 2: Every time he lifts his hand to the crowd, he spits, does a Mustapha, And every time he simply lifts his hand up, the crowd goes ape.
Speaker 3: Shit. Yeah, the guy usa chance again blue collar an elbow by Hexagen, Oh shit. They break against the ropes, lock up to the waistlock acksaw. I got him, Baby, I got him. He says, he's so funny, he's social fucking ryot versus the position to a reaction. As they go to the ropes, dug and sticks out of stone. He does like it takes like eight years for this match to actually start, you know, like there's just so much atmosphere a stick that yeah, the atmosphere for sure, but there's also so much hack Saw stick that needs to happen before he can actually fucking wrestle. It's like so true. You know, like he's gonna get a lot of he's talking about that shit in you know, it's like, basically, may I get the vibe that that Hacksaw is basically like, oh, they gave me fifteen minutes while I'm gonna do my stick for ten. That's so true.
Speaker 2: You just have to when you wrestle Acksaw, you just to sit there watch him stomp the mat, clap usa everything.
Speaker 3: You're really only getting five minutes of exercise out of this whole thing, Like fifteen minute match, you're gonna get five minutes, because ten minutes is gonna be him just fucking you know, marching around, stopping his feet, you know, uh, clapping the crowd and usaying people and all that shit like it's it's chit's insane. It takes forever to start. That's so true.
Speaker 2: And he does like this posing dance and lock up, and Mustafa hits him, and Dougan goes hit me.
Speaker 3: Yeah he'd hear him, Yeah, hit me, and then he says, yeah, hit me, you son of a bitch. He said that.
Speaker 4: I hear that.
Speaker 7: He said that.
Speaker 3: He might not have gone all the way to bitch, but it definitely he was going there. He definitely. I definitely heard yeah, hit me, you son of a And I'm just I'm gonna say, I'm gonna think he said bitch.
Speaker 2: Oh of course, I don't blame you. Whipping a duck dug and drops him of the clothesline and Mustafa SCRAMs out of the ring. USA chance breakout again. Mustafa goes over to Mike McGirk and grabs the microphone and says, German people shut up, and they they boo, they're screaming at him.
Speaker 3: He no, he I think he's telling you. I think what I what I gather is that he wants Mike McGirk to tell the German fans to shut up whenever they chant USA. So they chant USA, Mike McGirk, get on the fucking thing and say shut up. Now, you know what, it would be pretty funny. That's a good gimmick. That's a good gimmick if like somehow that the Heel was such a domineering figure to the announcer that they actually just did it because they were afraid what would happen if they didn't, And so every time the crowd chance certain something, the ring announcer literally says, shut up, I would be hilarious. It's a great idea for a gimmick. He's so funny.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure what Ben's doing here is just taking like what he considers a generic German name and assigning it to one of the faithful ringsiders. Who's giving Colonel Mustafa guff As he writes, Uncle Herbert is one more provocation away from jumping the sheet, says it's crazy to see full grown Germans emotionally charged this heavy at a fake circus show from the States.
Speaker 3: I do love fake circus shows.
Speaker 2: I do kind of adore that this idea that like pro wrestling, goes over to Europe and like, you know, countries that might consider themselves just slightly more refined than Americans just turned into like the grossest, most base Americans. When the heel comes down, you know, absolutely tremendous. She claps his chest Usa hakt and on the camera, as I wrote, hawk Pooa Dugan pumps some jabs and a big right Mustaffa bumps and bales. Dugan does like a like a kick American football, like he's kicking an American football like a field goal into the air. And then Mustafa gets on him, clubbing away, chokes him in the middle rope and dug and grabs the apron skirt and shakes it as he's being choked across the middle rope. Had so much visual flare to such a super spot. Mustaffa then cranks the sleeper and the USA chance start again, but Dougan breaks free with mailbows and a tackle down goes Mustafa opposite side. Dugan leaps over the back and goes yeah, and then runs into a forearm and sails off to the side, nothing like dug in instead of flat backing, just jumping to the side.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Right, he does that weird right? You hit him with a with a with a basic fucking hit, and he just like flails his arms are flailing and like yeah, he basically barely gets off of one foot. One foot's up in the air, the other foot is barely barely up and he just kind of lands on his hip and collapses like ann sounds like you would if like a manhole cover exploded under your feet.
Speaker 4: Exactly.
Speaker 2: He's like going a totally different direction than you expect. Mustafa with deadlock. Duggan says, nail me, and he does drops and stops on the chin lock right hand drops to a thumb up from Dugan. He's not in the throes of submission quite yet. He rises to his feet as Colonel Mustafa puts him in the corner and starts doing the march. And then Mustafa somehow ended up pulling Jim Duggan's pants way the fuck down trunks and you see Jim duggans ass crack big time.
Speaker 3: I don't know why we're doing that, he says.
Speaker 2: Who, And Carston says, well, oly, what kind of sight was that? Ooley laughs and says A delightful one somehow, brother, I do you mean delight What what's going on, dude? She's like, delight brother.
Speaker 3: I don't know a lot of German, brother, but she said delightful.
Speaker 2: Fuck exactly. Now I get to process what this could mean. Corner Mountain punches like crazy from dug In. Mustafa turns and starts fishing in his boot, and then he turns around and sticks dug In in the throat with some foreign object. Joey Morella goes down to check on Hacksaw, while Mustafa hides the gimmick again cover gets too in an honest pop for the kickout. I think the fans really thought that Mustapha was gonna cheat his way to a pinfall victory over Duggan. Mustafa tries a sup plex, but it's blocked and dug And elevates and delays with a rather great suplex. I remember seeing Dugan throw a suplex like that. I'm with you on that. I think you know he does. It's a decent soup la. He lifts and slams him, does dug In, and then hits the running three point stance for the one two three. I saw Jim Duggan penning Colonel Mustafa here in Munich, and yeah, it's just it's uh, it's a sight, it's a scene, it's it's a happening, folks. And here it comes to Hasbros. Here come the Hasbro. Yes, all their glory unbelievable, but the Hasbro add and at the end they even add a.
Speaker 3: Screen.
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely it is. What do they say they say? Here they come the w w F Power Catchers, the amazing show. Only the greatest are fighting here. That's why I like to see the power catching hour me two. Only the greatest are fighting here, they say, unbelievably strong with the unbeatable Hulk Hogan, get yourself. The wrestlers w w F from hasbro Jaw. That's spectacular, and we're back in the arena.
Speaker 3: Repo man the original glass shatters, king king boom and sing ting ting ting king, cling, cling, clinging, cling, cling cling. I mean, come on, it's it's harmonic, it's it's it's you know, it's what it had to be, explains the repo Man's tendency to sneak around and steal things, which Ben notes is hilarious to hear in German. I would imagine it wasn't tendencies. I think it would be hilarious in German.
Speaker 2: I definitely picture the German parents with the five year old on the carpet watching this man.
Speaker 3: What does he steal? Steals? The man said, he sneaks around. How does he sneak around? Can you please can you elaborate? How does he sneak explain? Snak to me? Explain?
Speaker 2: Explains yes, father, of course, across across town they were running a show with fake ww wrestler names and people pretending to be the TV stars. Instead of the Barbarian Boss the Bavarian I'm kidding.
Speaker 3: The Bavarian cream instead of the American Dream. You have the Bavarian cream.
Speaker 7: Shut it down, Shut it down, We'll see you next time.
Speaker 1: Fan Wrestling podcast with Jack and JP Soroan wrestling podcast.
Speaker 18: Dusty Rhoads, this is American Dream, Auto vonce Very, Oh my god, the shine.
Speaker 3: How you take that long to land on that? Oh shit, what do you know about the Bavarian cream? Auto Vats? Holy shit, I thought that the Bavarian cream atovs. Baby. Let that be a lesson to you guys.
Speaker 2: After ten years, I thought you just saying the Bavarians the Barbarian was going to be money. But all that was is the the the entree to the real discovery. I had the Bavarian in the chamber. Boss Man didn't have the Bavarian cream in the chamber. He didn't have more salami than salam in the chamber.
Speaker 19: Still there, Still got it, still happens. Fuck that into his shirt too, Dusty loads Dusty Roads logo.
Speaker 2: Find any find any shirt he's ever had that says American dream and just put auto vans there in like a cartoon cartoon version, like a dying and just say the Bavarian Oh sho, check out our new Auto Vants shirt, the flats fan.
Speaker 3: The autos collection actually sounds high end, Like if you told me there was an auto van's collection at like I don't know or something, I would believe it. The fat shirts. Oh ship, that's a good one.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: I kind of feel like dropping the mic honestly because I have to just sit here and think about how funny that is, how how many ways it works it does. Oh my god, have a very cream so.
Speaker 2: As Ben says, Carston explains the repo man's tendency to sneak around and steal things, which is hilarious to hear in German. He's basically a crazy person that should be in jail.
Speaker 3: They're saying, like they.
Speaker 6: Can say, you don't know, they don't really know like what a repo man is, like, of course they don't know what he's supposed to be depicting, just and I when you realize when you take out the knowledge of the of the occupation, he really just he's.
Speaker 3: Out of his mind. Of course he does a rat. Look, he's like he's wearing tire tracks on his fucking tights, Like, how does that represent repossession?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know. I didn't know that repel men got run over. I know they're often repossessed cars, but I know, but like the entire track, I think, you know, when he tire tracks, actually there would be a good design. He's a repo man, after all, what does that mean we he repossesses things, so he's tire tracks.
Speaker 3: The simplistic thinking of the time, like, well, what do people hate dentists? What do people hate repo men? What do people hate tag the tax man? I mean, I I I'm sure that there must have been some like like, I mean, I guess people hate repo men. I mean maybe I've just been lucky in my life. I've never had to deal with with someone repossessing something. So it's just funny to me, Like, I just I don't even know what that was when I not really I had a very I had the idea that they were essentially robbers from this character right exactly, the crooks is what they are. But actually, you know, there you don't pay, you get your repossessed. Actually it's not a bad job. He's not a bad guy. He's just you know, in fact, you're the bad person for not paying your fucking you know, paying your money. It's but you know, when you hire a rebo man, there's you know, there's dirt. There's dirt on both sides of the equation, you get. I mean, yeah, yeah, you're you're right. You know, the person, the person you owe is never going to be paid back sufficiently.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 2: It's like you're now on the hook forever, the hook, right, That's where it comes from. So it's hilarious to hear in German. He says, when I hear such things in English, I have more distance, he says, I don't understand. Sergeant Slaughter comes out another huge pop for a US A hero here.
Speaker 3: Totally and and you know he comes out with that fucking rare gem of his nineteen ninety two theme. You never heard him come out to this because after he turned baby face again with the help of Hacksaw, he came out to Hacksauce music. You know they did that. They were tag team together from like late ninety one to right around probably right after WrestleMania, So he came down to Hacksaws music. And so he had this theme that goes like.
Speaker 17: Putt put the wo.
Speaker 3: Manama, Yes, that one, I remember that. The title of the song hardcore c O r P s Oh fucking hell, crying to uh Jim Johnson anyway, hardcore.
Speaker 2: So Slaughter grabs a mini us A flag and is it how that ended up in that German kid's hand, We'll never know, right, he hands it to the to the sargent Slaughter. There's a big US flag at ringside as well. Gotta love these German guys in the front row with their shirts tucking into their jeans, just going nuts for.
Speaker 3: These American heroes.
Speaker 20: I know.
Speaker 3: It's like, it's it's a it's a very it's it's it's so funny to me. It's a such a funny thing. And I'm sure it has more to do with kind of the times that we're in now, but it's so bizarre to kind of see like these, you know, these I love the Germans, these these these uh you know, blue collar Germans, fucking cheering. Oh yeah, the clown like fucking not everything you fucking did was you know what I mean? Right?
Speaker 2: You weren't always worried about taking a stand every fucking moment of your life back then. Gave a fuck how you felt about America. Nobody, It's true, so uh, Carson says, And above all, we're not some kind of WWF developing country anymore.
Speaker 3: Those days are over. Wow.
Speaker 2: As Uli says, tell a five, we can say that loudly. Who would have thought that three years ago? And Carston says, yeah when we started this TV show, but you have to stick with it. So they're basically celebrating the fact that WWF wrestling in general went from you know, this television backwater thing curiosity on German television to now, you know, thirteen thousand strong and they're going nuts and they're live, and that's going to feel pretty good, you know, as the two people who were just assigned to make a television show out of this fucking bullshit American wrestling stuff that they're sending us on videotape, to see it translate into something that could fill a major arena in Munich is pretty cool. I can definitely understand why they're rejoicing a bit so a Slaterverus repon man Usachan again. Sergeant signals that he's going to take off the Zoro mask.
Speaker 3: Because that's been the fucking mystery the whole time. Everyone's been wondering who's the Repo man. Oh, no one cares. You can see his whole face anyway, I mean right, and nobody. And also if you look at his arm, you know he's Smash, right because he's got that fucking tattoo, the same tattoo That'smaschazz.
Speaker 2: You know, it's funny Smash got the job in Demolition or was it? Yeah, Smash because everyone could recognize Randy Colly as one of the moon Dogs and trying to pass off as a Demolition member, and so they switched him out. And uh, no one ever yelled Smash at Repo man that I can ever remember. I mean, I remember when I remember. God, I think I've talked to if I talked about the the the guy who painted my house when I was a kid, and he inside and he was a wrestling fan. This guy was a wrestling fan. And I don't know, like but like, so we'd talked wrestling talking here I am a fucking you know what, ten year old you know, eleven year old kid talking wrestling with this adult talking this wrestling and he was the one. He must have fucking I guarantee you he fucking must have been. You know he he subscribed to the fucking dirt sheets. I guarantee you he did because he told me that you know who Repo Man is, right, I said, no, sash from demolition what.
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 3: And then when I got when my grandmother, so I had accent smash, right, But then my grandmother gave me the Demolition Crush and Smash duo. So I had the new smash be Demolition Smash, and I drew the mask on my previous Smash and made him Repo Man until they came out with the Repo Man. Now Repelman had the tattoo on his arm. The hasbro I don't did it me?
Speaker 2: I recall a tattoo on the arm, but I don't recall a tattoo on Smash's arm. But if it's the tattoo you're talking about, then that that's a curious thing to include on the toy. But I can't remember it all right, So that's how you learned. That's how you learned that Repo Man was very dark. So huh, yeah, I did.
Speaker 3: Are you trying to.
Speaker 14: Go for it?
Speaker 3: As against Slaughter is threatening to take off the Zora mask. We just see Barry Darso and so what we'd see walk up to the ropes. You imagine what a disappointment that would have been. Fucking bald Barry Darso like no one.
Speaker 2: He had a voice, and Alf lock up to the ropes of clean Break. He skulks away to some jeers as the Repo man. Another lock up to the ropes of clean break, but no this time Repo pokes the eyes to a chorus of booze. I'm not a course of booze in Germany, and I don't know how you spell booze. But Repo automates and punches and chokes him out, and he goes, how do you like that?
Speaker 3: Sergeant? He says that to him, and he's such a fucking moron, He's so verbal in there.
Speaker 20: He is.
Speaker 2: Repos on him with punches and the choke, like I said, whip is reversed and Sergeant Slaughter grabs a sleeper. Repo gets to the ropes and Slaughter stomps away.
Speaker 3: Stop it.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm gonna save this one a bit if you can't find it, plays abandon mission as Sergeant Slaughter with I can.
Speaker 5: Tell you that.
Speaker 3: I didn't tell you smash Smash definitely does not have the bell the tattoo. Yeah, just look at it. The look at a picture. Oh yeah, I could have done that. I suppose that that's not as much fun though, No, no, it's not. No, I was glad for the atmospherics, but I could just tell it wasn't. Yeah, I don't know why. I literally I saw the fucking thing. Yeah seconds ago. Wow, so I had this. Yeah me too, Yeah on his arm. That's weird. I don't lad that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so let me tell you. Slaughter is stomping the repo man at this point. Oh yes, you could say he's stomping a fox hole in his ass, I mean honest. And then he tosses repo over but he lands on the apron and stalks around, and Sergeant turns around and rebows like whoa, and he pokes him in the eye, laughing and cheering. In fact, on the commentary, when Slaughter hits from the eyes, so funny, it is really funny, Carston says, And there we saw Sergeant Slaughter a mix of fight and fun as the crowd laughed at the ibow whip whipping a big hiptoss and a clothes line by Sergeant Slaughter and he grabs an armbar and reap him in a.
Speaker 3: Screaming oh no, no, no, no no. He drops to India.
Speaker 2: It's so great a panic attack is Sergeant Slaughter has a fucking arm bar. Every time Sergeant cranks the arm and Repo looks to the crowd and goes ah over the top.
Speaker 3: He's like like, I know, He's like, look look at my face exactly, look at my celling right backs into the rope, shoots him off. Tackle down, guys, I'm doing this for you. I'm doing this for star ratings. Rebo drops and Sergeant drops right next to him.
Speaker 2: I've never seen that one. No, I do the drop downs the guy jumps over your back, but instead of doing that, the guy just lays down right next to you, like hello, yeah, it's brilliant. And then and then he shoots you through the doggy door between the eyes.
Speaker 3: B Becca.
Speaker 5: Back up.
Speaker 2: He pokes Repo's eyes again to Slaughter and back to the arm bar, and you got to hear him scream as Slaughter cranks. Repo actually leans down and then front flips away from the pressure because he's such a fucking uh you know, he's so aware of the torque on the shore and the physics that creates uh, like twisting the arm past the point he could you can believe in that, like when a guy puts an armbar on and he starts twisting and you eventually have to front flip because yeah, your arm is getting so ripped out of position.
Speaker 3: Except when they fucking do the arm twist like three times beforehand. Yeah, that's heart, which is always like the fucking that one's always strains credulity. I'm like, I'm like, no, you would definitely see the arm like twisting. The flesh would be twisting on itself. Yeah, the flesh does never seem to move, does it in his armlocks? And yes, because the wristlocks, because they do that. You know, just hold the wrist and make it seem like you're twisting it around even though you're not.
Speaker 2: So Repo answers with a crotch lift and lifts serge and Slaughter with a backbreaker to get free. He's still selling the arm though. As he sits on the back of slaughter a Slaughter is trying to get up on all fours and he pounds the back.
Speaker 3: Does read my man?
Speaker 2: Then turns to the crowd and says, my aching back to mock Sargeant Slaughter, and it goes for another one where you sit in the guy's lower back. But ye, Slaughter quickly flips around and puts his knees up so he hits the dick of Repo Man. Uli and Carson are happy that Repo got his balls attacked by Slaughter Ben wrights. Uli asks if his voice is now higher, and Carson says, than Repo now sings at the boys.
Speaker 3: Choir, that's well wow okay.
Speaker 2: Sergeant with an inverted atomic drop and a lariat gets too and then with big stomps and a double axe handle to the corner they go. When he hits Repo Man in the stomach and he jumps ludicrously does Repo Man after getting hit so we can get hammicked on the top rope to the other corner goes Slaughter whip his reverse though and Slaughter does the bump. He came to Munich for what? Oh he listen all right, he needs to he needs Slaughter's a pro. Okay, let's put that. Let's get that right for bat.
Speaker 3: Slaughter's a pro and he is going to do what's right for business because even though he is certainly on his way to retirement or more or less, Yeah, he needs okay, I say this, He needs to show the audience and to give the audience their money's worth.
Speaker 2: And does that involve soaring over the top buckling chest.
Speaker 3: First, it means hitting that fucking uh torso and just sailing over the top rope. And that's what he does. And he hits the floor here even at his advanced age. I don't know he said. He said, you want you want star writings, Repo, I'll.
Speaker 21: Give you a star righting you.
Speaker 3: The ultimate puke Puke the repuke man. Maybe see him Puque the Bavarian cream like you know, it's a picture and then the picture of Audovan just has like a little bit of like you know, white cream on his in the corner of his mouth. Tied him up like a pretzel man with mustard please he put Yeah, he tied him up like a pretzel and put a little mustard on it. That's one thing they didn't say about, ever say about out of Vans is that he couldn't cut the mustard. Tell yeah, he fucking proved it just about three times a day that he could cut the mustard. Okay, someone kept get the bottle in his pocket just in case. Okay, Oh my gosh, it's a European rampage.
Speaker 10: I think that's I think that's the conclusion that we're reaching. It's a European page. Oh my god, that's tremendous.
Speaker 11: Oh god.
Speaker 2: You know autivants. You know when his kids act up, he'd call him a brat, but then he'd have to eat them, so he said, you.
Speaker 3: Call him a brat. But it also be Hord holding a forking knife at the same time. Brought brought hit man heart, brought heart.
Speaker 9: Heart.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's working, that's all I can tell you. It's working right now, brought the schnitzel Man heart. That was the Jack Feffer show, a cross town the Bavarian Cream, the Bavarian bought over. They were that's what they were doing too. They would have had the Bavarian and the Bavarian Cream on the same show. They don't care, you know, fucking There was also the opening match tag team. They were known as Assorted Pastries. I'm sorry with the assorted the assorted pastries with croissant and donut, croissant and donut assorted pastry and they spell it. They spell it a S O R D I D. And when their version of mister Fuji hits them to interfere and he throws powdered sugars, he does, he does, and so, and then instead of the guy going blind, he just licks it like this is good. Fuji throws powdered sugar in the Bavarian cream's face and this guy is just in his Gloryssan Crystan. That's a renaissance. This would have definitely been if you this is this is kind of way back here. That would have been perfect for the world wrestling fetation increase. Right, you can't. There's the backbreaker, and there's the backlev.
Speaker 7: Let's get it.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, I'm already spent. I'm already burned calories. That's it. That's it. I won't. I won't, I won't. I can't. I can't either, fucking oh Jesus fucking Christ. You know it's funny because because both auto vonts and destroids are fat, all right, that's what down to, because they're both fucking fat, and you know, you know they've grabbed some patient with Bavarian creaming and just squirted it in their fucking mouth because they're animals, all right. They're not human beings. They're beasts. They're just rabid beasts. Bright's finisher, the Schnitzel, that's it. Or the sharp Shaddar Shoese shooter, sharp Cheddar shooters. Oh, we're just a band. Didn't even trying to make it. German Food Federation.
Speaker 4: They were like, it's just food.
Speaker 2: I think we need to a restaurant. I think that's that is the ultimate that's the logical end game to this podcast. Is we just open a restaurant full of wrestling. That's a great place where we can actually have the lapsed flan.
Speaker 3: Oh my m oh fuck, the sharp Cheddar shooter burgers. It's like it's like smothered with cheese. Just enough about.
Speaker 2: Oh alright, anyway, that's right. So I said to myself, you know, boss, maybe Slaughter is nervous the fans will demand a refund if he doesn't do that, because he shortly did it. Reposts coats around clothesline Sergeant Slaughter on the floor and says, that's gotta hurt the camera for a fucking moron back in the USA, Chan kicks in and Slaughter blocks and fires away, but a knee lift scores and Repo puts him over the buckling Repel walks in an abdominal stretch called a grape vine, I believe on a.
Speaker 3: Commentary and and OK, what are you gonna say? The abdominal stretch also known as a euphemism for slaughters dinner. I think, especially in Thanksgiving, abdominal stretches all rather stretch. That's the hot dish. There's so much breading on the.
Speaker 7: Fucking dish. Every fucking dish is covered read.
Speaker 3: Spread. It's either fried or it's a baked, so it's a fucking crust. It's just butter and bread. There's another tag team. Oh my god, bread and butter the appetizer versus the assorted page the freebies. Actually, the best part about the abdominal stretch, despite besides remises eating, is when Timmy White asks Sergeant Slaughter if he gives up, and Slaughter responds as follows, you know on oh my god, I don't us nine Timmy White. Timmy White goes he says, you you have no nine nine nine, you know, But but Bob, you gotta die. The country coachurs I wrote down, Wait, is he a German sympathist now, because the Germans certainly enough sympathy for certainly is he a German simp? Because oh my god, oh good, the.
Speaker 7: Rails, this is what's totally.
Speaker 3: Hit the sloughts machine.
Speaker 7: You got that right.
Speaker 3: We're blowing all our ships at the slots. Oh I can't my eyes burn. Oh I can't breathe, Jesus Christ, honest to God, I can't. I'll tell you, I don't understand how. I'm not a fucking skinny rail. I don't understand it. Just to play that again, and I want you to picture Slaughter banging the nine button trying to dial out on an office phone.
Speaker 20: You know, even the works presently for that No nine nine nine nine nine.
Speaker 2: Why do they go to this fucking voice dialing system? Oh sayer speak, you know, speaker pressing behind to be connected to it.
Speaker 22: Operator nine nine, Oh God fucking says that this one's bringing the hits, man, I know it fucking sucks.
Speaker 3: Otherwise it's a fucking drizzling ships. This fucking match.
Speaker 7: I like the match.
Speaker 3: I hated it. I was like a fell asleep during it. That was awful.
Speaker 2: Ripo says, shut opera I'm gonna repossess your wife. Maybe he said wands. I don't know what he's say. I'm with wife. I'm with wife. That sounds much better. And he says to know one in particular about nothing in particular. That's a bunch of stinking garbage he's talking about. What is he's such a like out of all the heels on the show. He's like, I don't know what he's trying to do. I don't know what he's trying to do exactly. He's trying to show off somehow and like trying to to to get all the attention on himself. Like he's fucking what's his name in the Star KD three match the referee there, Dick.
Speaker 3: The bruiser, Not Dick the bruiser. Oh, chinkinisky jing kinisky, you know, making it all about him, Like, dude, what are You're in the fucking third match of the fucking card, Like what are you doing? Idiot? Repo man all.
Speaker 2: Right, whipping a backdrop, slots for the goes for the ride. Repo gets a two count off the cover, Repo saying put the knee up in the chin lock. You can hear him calling spots Wow, so Slots backs Repo up into the corner elbow to the head with the red elbow pad that he used to wear, and then indeed, Slots goes for whip. It's reversed and there's the need of the gut that Rebel's overslaughter as called for to a round of gears. Whip is reversed and Slots hits the side backbreaker and then a slam, but Repo falls on top of him for the two count. Slots on with elbows and a slug fest breaks out. Whip, Repo ducks and they do a double clothesline spot double down here, back up. Repo beats him to the punch and drops Slaughter, then whips a sleeper on repose. Pardon me, the arm lifts twice, but the third he pulls like a train whistle. Yeah, it's a slaughter to prevent uh submission.
Speaker 3: You know, I'll tell you. I just I don't know. There's there's some some shit about that really bothers me. Like when they do weird ship like that, the fact that they come back, well that's you know, I don't know, the fact when it doesn't fall, I don't know, there's something weird about it. The the the later one that happens is is worse, but anyway, good, Yeah, it's now that we know. Like they don't they don't even really do it anymore, they really don't. They just tap right, well, they fall asleep if that pass out, they check, Yeah, but just once right the right exactly if it drops once they're done, that's realistic, Like who the fuck wouldn't course, how can you if you're if you're trapped enough to go unconscious for one hand drop there's actually no reason. The second one you can just somehow fight it like you're dead, let alone. The third one right exactly why it's three instead of two was even funnier. So Slot stands up, shifts into a cobra clutch. He actually does a standing switch out of repo sleep or into the cobra clutch. Pretty slick reversal it was. And then he goes ho like a horse for some reason. I don't know what that was about. Repo falls to his knees. His hand goes up once twice, and the third time it lands on the middle rope. See this is what this is?
Speaker 16: It?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: What the fuck? Why? Why?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 3: You break a submission of a hand lands on the rope. I mean that, I get that. Okay, that's a good point, I guess now. But again, but he didn't do it. No, he didn't. That's true. You know that lifted that. That's right. The referee lifted the hand and if he you know, to me, it's it's like it's the same thing as as WrestleMania twenty when when when Michaels was going to tap and then Triple H grabbed the hand to prevent from actually tapping. It's like, if he's going to tap, I don't know, it's he already did. He already submitted, right, exactly like he already said he gives up. You know if you if the referee asked, if he gives up, you're gonna cover his mouth then too, right, Like it's just it's weird to do it like always to do his signal submission, like you tap, so they could throw nor of the reason you tap because it's easy for the ref to see and it's easy for your opponent to feel, so they would lnquish the hold. But you could just say I give up with your mouth it's over. And so what's the difference between the between someone stopping you from tapping, even though that was your intent versus submitting. It's the same thing because like when someone grabs your hand and stops you from tapping, you would just scream, I give up. And that's why enough exactly because remember before tapping, all you have to do is to the ref wouldn't That's what they would do. They'd ask you, do you give up? And you say yes, you have to shake your head up and down and make your long hair right like yes, remember that? Oh my god?
Speaker 2: So uh, but I haven't seen that one before where the hand is about to drop a third time and lands on the rope.
Speaker 3: I've never seen that before. You there, never seen that.
Speaker 2: So Sergeant with the corner of the corner Whipsternham first and locks on the cobra clutch again. RepA goes to the corner, throws an arm over the top, and the referee calls for a break, and there is no break. Tim White pulls Sergeant Slaughter by the hair to break the hold, and then Slaughter shoves the referee turns around and he's nailed with that hook rope thing that RepA man used to bring to the ring, and he covers Slaughter for the one two three, repe on man defeats Sergeant Slaughter here in Munich, Germany.
Speaker 3: Yes he does, Yes he does.
Speaker 2: And now it's the package at the mess Essen where yes, Vibo Bodybuilding Expo takes place, and Vince and Cameo Newer are on the ground, Lex Luger are on the ground, and here we go.
Speaker 9: Bodybuilding has always been associated with Venice Beach, California.
Speaker 4: As a matter of fact, they call it the mecca.
Speaker 3: Has it is that where it's always been the world thinks of bodybuilding? Is Venice Beete really?
Speaker 16: Yes, okay of bodybuilding, but don't let that mislead you, because Europeans aren't crazy about the sport and it's Superstar.
Speaker 5: Bodybuilder, King of Champion Bodybuilders.
Speaker 4: Sorry I'm late.
Speaker 13: I know I've been missing, but these German women just won't leave me alone.
Speaker 7: Jump body Stars America a Vita zan.
Speaker 3: Oh but wait a minute, why don't you try bungee jumping? It's your turn, Lex, come on.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I'd love to, but my lower back's been kind of tight to It's a.
Speaker 3: Lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Everyone cameos one word, you know, right Lex? No, Vince Pal you heard the pal right there? Yes, indeed that was like a slip of the tongue. Pal yea, yeah, he wouldn't say pal on a usual he never really heard him say that at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, amazing, So yeah quite those are scenes, to say the least, and we go from a Vitaze and pet to back to Munich as Uli explains that Lex Luger, who she says, who you all sure will know about that chickened out of the bungee jump. She says, while Vince McMahon was very brave and did it, they're putting over Vince's brother in the German government. We should put over my bravery, please, Carson, put over my bravery and Uli get ready.
Speaker 2: For a plunge of your own. And then Ben speculates that maybe Oui gets in a hit on Carson here.
Speaker 3: With you're gonna see a real bunging cord tonight out of my pants, my penis long and bumpsy translate that Ben speculates maybe at this point gets a hidden on Carston when she says and from these awesome, awesome bodies, We now go to Carston, who's that's spectacular and met up with the Legion of Doom and the British Bulldogs to interview them, and yes, indeed Carson is with Davy Boy Smith and the Legion of I didn't have this one. I don't know. I didn't I don't know. I didn't record this one, but I didn't record this one.
Speaker 2: Anamal, what do you think of the match tonight? Animal says to Vince McMahon, thanks for the bungee jump dedication. He puts over Vince having the dedication to the bungee jump, he says, Animal says, that just proves to us that you're a little bit sick, just like we are. And Carston, when Animal is saying this, turns around to Davy Boy Smith who's over his shoulder and looks at him almost like there was some kind of inside joke about having to put over Vince, and they both kind of chuckles. Actually, you see Davy boy kind of corpse at that moment. But now we have the organ rampage corpse corpse. Yeah you've heard that term.
Speaker 3: No, but he's dead. Isn't to corpse to laugh when you're not supposed to? On Streege? Maybe I don't know it's heard. Uh, all three of them are dead this promo segment.
Speaker 2: But now we have European rampage, the best superstars in the WWF, the top star in the UK, and Davy boy Smith, you got the top tag team in the world. The Led Animal says, we're gonna kick butt right here in Munich. Garson translates that a bit, and David boy says, well, it's gonna be fun in Munich. Ld' is gonna take care of the nastiest MOUNTI you want to use the shocking stick in Europe, It's gonna be fun the shocking stick. He does say that it's gonna be fun to beat up the nasty boys twice because I'm coming back in the sixteen man Battle Royal later tonight. He says, mind comp I think.
Speaker 3: He says something comforting that God help us.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll give you what Ben had to say about the translation in just a moment Hawks as well. Isn't it so very heartwarming to all the people of Europe and Munich tonight to see us come to the ring and beat people about the head and shoulders He says about the head and shoulders about yeah, yeah, he says, we're talking swelling of a fluid sack surrounding the brain, deviated septims. Well, you know, all that fun stuff.
Speaker 3: I can definitely see some deviated septims in regards to a bunch of them with their fucking cocaine usage, some deviousness.
Speaker 2: Indeed, you see the people in Europe, Hawk says they haven't been able to see it up close enough. Well, you're going to see it tonight. And then Carston translates and he explains, according to Ben, that it's getting full at his place and that he's about to ask them what they think about their upcoming match. You know, there's a lot of people in the room, right you hear what Animal has to say, and that Carston, the educated translator and interpreter, translates his statement as follows. Yeah, Animal naturally dedicated this fight to Vince McMahon from the WWF, and in return, he dedicated a bungee jump to them, which is not what he meant. He meant Vince did the bunche jomb not that he's going to do a bunch of jump in Vince's honor. But the word dedication, Ben writes from Animal somehow through Carston completely off when he said, when he praised Vince for his dedication.
Speaker 3: I don't doubt it, honestly, and.
Speaker 2: Says that Carston translates bulldog statement rather well. And then when Hawk runs wild all that stuff about the fluid and the burstle sack and whatever he said, Carson translates, surely afraid Ben Wright's of German brutality discussions about wrestling, Yeah, naturally. Hawk also said that they're going to go all in today. They simply want to show the people live in the arena.
Speaker 3: That's that.
Speaker 2: Well, that's all you need. I took a lot of the life out of that promo. Beat people about the head and shoulders. Didn't make the cut, So what a rush back to the arena. As the nasty boys enter, Oly lets us know that Carson is coming back to the announced position, and Carson says, oh, Oly, let me tell you, I could have used your help back there, Three of them downright intimidating. You wouldn't believe it. OOI responds, well, they wouldn't intimidate me in the slightest. I really don't know what your problem is. Carson says, Oh, I'm telling you you never know what happens when those guys you should have been there. They are ready for this match. I'm telling you, Oli, I could feel that all the way from here. That really hit and I'm sure the people at home got it too. Here comes the Mounte and he sings a little bit into the camera with Jimmy Hart from the nineteen ninety two miss in.
Speaker 3: This matchup asolutely he does, I do want to say to This match aired on the June twenty second, nineteen ninety two episode of Prime Time Wrestling, And uh, here are Gorilla Monsoon and uh, I don't know Iflorida was on this clipper not, but they're welcoming us to Olympia Hall.
Speaker 4: Hello everyone, and welcome.
Speaker 3: To the iPad.
Speaker 4: Mun So his lordship, what cover show up? A hall of that one?
Speaker 5: Learning ring your first you fall around?
Speaker 4: That was no.
Speaker 3: Go yep, that's a rarity call out Nelson Schwegler. It's awesome, funny, so absolutely it is nasty classic music. Yeah, exactly, that's good. That's really good. That's good. That's It's what I was looking for.
Speaker 2: Knobs threatening ringsiders. On his way out, Davy Boy comes up to a huge pop. Were splendent in the Union. Jack Sequin cape Oui tells us that the Bulldog is the crowd favorite and the crowd puller. She regrets that he did not bring his dog, and Carston corrects her, explaining that the dog is in dog heaven always what always, bringing the the positivity Yeah, barrenly to the German wrestling crowd, Davy boy Smith's bulldog is dead.
Speaker 3: That wisdom is dead. It's wisdom now because you know that.
Speaker 2: There was also reference made one time and I don't know like where this comes from, but apparently at some point along the line it was Uli or Carston, somebody told the audience that Bruiser Brodie's ashes were in the Undertaker's earn.
Speaker 3: What that was said?
Speaker 2: I read it one too many times in preparing and looking the stuff been prepared to nothink that it was said. I don't know when or where it was said. That's unbelievable. So German fans thought that bizarre, truly bizarre. But they would just you know, they would just make things up. It's not like it would get back to the US Office to stoppers. So yeah, Apparently Carson says the dogs and dog heaven and Uli then says he could bring puppy offspring with him then instead what she doesn't?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 2: So the old gets a pop too. Adults on their feet, look can I just stop. You could the led walk to the ring or what?
Speaker 3: Holy for sure?
Speaker 2: List, I mean, they are just the way they come out, it's like this is not a joke, Like these guys are gonna fuck somebody up. Yep, you're in trouble. You just opened the animal cage door. And it's like just the way they walked to that ring. They weren't playing to the crowd. They got in the ring and played to the crowd, but the walk, it's like they just are in an absolute rush to get in there and start throwing.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh they're fucking they are. They They had such a way ye to to really make you believe that that that there's gonna be someone's getting hurt tonight. Right, someone's getting fucking hurt tonight. It's righteous, like they have they have cause to go absolutely crazy. You know, they don't have to pretend to be you know, by the books pro wrestlers here in sportsmen, they have because of who they're in the ring with, they have license to really go Chicago on them, right And yeah, as Ben says, the l d enters the arena and are the coolest tag team of all time. Early and Carston lose their shit. They are afraid that the roof comes off the place. They wish us all that we could be with them to experience it live. As Uli says, this is one big party. Everybody is agreeing with each other, everybody's happy. There are no power struggles like in some other sports. I just wanted to mention that I think had notes. Okayly no power struggles in wrestling. You're more than anybody should be able to test. To the opposite, right, it's the lead of Doom and Davy Boys. Smith the British Bulldog vers with the Nasty Boys in the Mountain, a six man tag team match. The yeoder on the ropes, getting the crowd so fucking fired up. Just absolute scenes as they hit Germany and then the heels raise their arms and all sides of the ring to a round of years ld chants breakout, they say in the commentary. The crowd chants, I guess gets gets lost, which means it's kicking off a German crowd chant. Ben tells us that has often heard at sports events, expressing excitement and signaling the official started the action. As Carston again tells Uli how scared these guys were backstage and Uly wonders how it would how scary I think he means to say these guys were backstage, and Uly wonders how it would be if Hawk had eaten onions before such a situation. I do question that myself.
Speaker 2: Ad breath on top of it, Knobs talking shit, an animal says, you're going to be history after tonight, like all these people their history. The people are history after tonight, like all these people. Yeah, that's what he says. I don't know what he means by that. Animal shoves him down and wigs out with punches Untilknobs hits the floor as Jimmy Hart screams at the reft to watch the low blow. There was nothing even approximating a low blow.
Speaker 3: But I'll take that as Jimmy Hart moment for sure. Sure for Sures laid some right hands whipping a duck. He actually ducks too and runs Knobs over to his animal with a lariat, and they explode. That They absolutely explode. So Lord Al and Gorilla talk about the tour continuing, but ironically despite it being over for months, you know, because by the time they've done this, it's it's months since the tour ended, and but their next up. They talk about Sheffield coming up, that we we've done, and Lord Al brings up Davy Boy winning the Royal Samovar Trophy.
Speaker 8: Yes, that's overish, not deep.
Speaker 5: Pot wasn't What was that?
Speaker 4: I half coding they o bear.
Speaker 5: Something and it's a path, but it's a vild pa about Oh wow, that was layd All put it in a whole different perspective.
Speaker 4: I thought that is that they did like the color polish up before my name right Wolf?
Speaker 5: Well, he could have used a little pology to himself.
Speaker 1: I remember that guy very well.
Speaker 5: Did you get a whip for the owner that came out of that thing when they opened it up?
Speaker 4: Album? Ask him old coffee, no way.
Speaker 1: Back and hit it.
Speaker 3: Oh my god? How long did they go in on the fucking Samovar trophy from fucking eight months earlier?
Speaker 2: Was talking over all the entrances and everything scenes like crazy in Munich, people going nuts and coffee pot gotta have fun making fun, pal, I guess, and Hawk comes in and drops SAgs and the mount he doesn't even bother, which is awesome. They fuck this so Mounty waves off animal and points to Teddy Biassi and does the chicken because he wants him in the ring and Davy Boy tags in and Mounie goes to tag out immediately, but the Nasties walk away and Mouneie is screwed because they're not going to provide the relief. He hits the floor with Davy Boy stomping one leg to get the crowd going and it works. Mounty and Davy Boy Smith mix it up Mound he kicks the gut whip reversed, Davy Boy lifts with a huge gorilla press and a few pumps before he dumps the Mounty. Jimmy Hart screams, get up, Mounie, thanks for the advice. Davy Boy with the headlock. Mounie grabs the dreadlocks of Davy Boy to counter that shoots off. Two leap frogs drop down and Davy Boy drops a head butt to a prone Mounty on the canvas. Hawk comes in with SAgs and hisses at him like a stray cat, coloring elbow to the corner. SAgs grabs and turns and goes to work on Hawk, but he reverses and they pop as Hawk lays in knief chops and clubbing shots and Nasty Boy knobs whip reversed footcut Inzagury drops SAgs from Hawk and he retreats. Hawk goes out after him, giving chase on the outside of the ring, rolls back in and catches Hawk on the way in does SAgs.
Speaker 3: Gorilla hypes up the uh. The latest issue of the w b F magazine, Oh God Hot on the news stands at the time, featuring Iron Warrior Mike Christian on the cover. Oh what a fucking legend he was in the circuit. Gotta check out the WBF Body Stars nineteen ninety two episodes.
Speaker 2: You gotta see it, you gotta want it. That's right, SAgs with a whip and Hawk stops and diamonds slow hanging as only he could. Nobbs comes in, gets kicked, and Hawk with a double face planned on both nasties to a huge reaction. Hawk with some right hands in the corner on Jerry Sagg's whip. He moves and Hawks soars into the post, try to do a splash and hits the floor his shoulder first rather into the post. Knobbs then loads Hawk back into the ring. Mountie stomps on him. Megaphone is tossed in as Animal tries to get into the Fray. SAgs hit the ring Fray.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 2: SAgs hits Hawk behind the head with the fucking megaphone. Mounie covers him, but still that's only good for two. They stay double teaming Hawk, SAgs scrops him with a back elbow that gets to Mounie. Comes in off the middle rope with a sledgehammer, then grabs a camel clutch. Animal stands up and falls back and the Moundie's head snaps back, but he's still holds on interestingly to the hold tags Knobs, and Knobs comes in with repeated elbow drops. The cover gets to Knobs with a backbreaker. He tags the Mountain, who goes up for a splash, but the knees get up.
Speaker 3: Do you think SAgs is a sister and mother made it to Germany.
Speaker 2: Well being died in the world Pennsylvanians, I'm sure they. They had plenty of plenty of Germanica wherewithal true.
Speaker 3: I bet they went.
Speaker 2: I do, And I'm not sure they got in a brawl with the ld at a beer hall.
Speaker 3: They got a brawl with him in the Olympia Hall.
Speaker 2: So Hawk gets the knees up on Mounty splash attempt mount He lands across the knees and Hawk pulls himself along the ropes. That was always great to make the desperation tag. Using it like a zip line almost makes the tag. An Animal comes in there, drop kicking everyone.
Speaker 3: Awesome scenes whip in the sc Listen when he comes in and fucking starts drop kicking everybody. I mean, like, I know, I've seen I've seen Animal drop kick a thousand times, all right, but it's still a great visual to see because you just you kind of you still don't expect it, right, even though I've seen it, you don't expect it when it happens. Agree, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, when he comes in there, he cleans house. And Hawk was a great you know, as powerful as Hawk was, he was a great baby face in peril. He was for the team. Yes, really was a dynamic that worked. Whip and Noobbs eats the flying tackle of Animal and then Davy Boy Smith comes into double whipping a double arreat from Animal and Davy Boy. Davy Boy hooks up the high vertical tu plex on Brian Noobbs. Mounty breaks it up though, and gets floored by Davy Boy Knobbs goes to the eye. It becomes a peer six brawl. They closeline SAgs out of the ring, but he clips Joey Morella almost in traffic. Yeah, it was kind of weird. I don't know if the reroff is supposed to be bumped or what. But after that cross up, they both iriship knobs in and Davy Boy Smith hits a power slam. They actually the lod both double Irish whip knobs into a waiting Davy Boy on the opposite corner, which is kind of a neat way to get in to finish. Sure, you know, Knobbs has no choice but to go charging into Davy's pickup and then he hit the running power slam one, two and three. Good finish, good style.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was a good and listen, this was a This was an all an, all right brawl, an all right brawl.
Speaker 2: Indeed he was She met the birsh bulldog mellowded if you did Nasties and Mounty here in Munich Matrix sign in the crowd, says British bulldog Baby fresh off in nineteen ninety two printer the Banner Style print Shop.
Speaker 3: We used to have to do, I know, right. They would page after page after page, page after page, line after line. Oh god, it was it took forever. It took forever for that stuff to print, like it would take days. And it was miraculous. Yep, you loved it. You loved it. You didn't feel like it was too slow, you know, to be worth the effort at all. Well, I I did until until I would go to my dad's work and you hat a laser printer, like when those started hitting, yeah, and I was like, like, wait a minute, you're telling me that I can print up a fucking I can print up two pages in less than ten minutes. Wow. That was Yeah.
Speaker 2: I still remember seeing one of those for the first time. I do being blown away. So Carston's with Brett Hart backstage title, Man, I don't have this one either.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I didn't record this one either.
Speaker 2: I just got to say, after beating Roddy at Wrestleminiate, holding the WWF and Couttonae belt is going to be that much harder, Brett says, getting past you know, Bravo was no easy task. But because the people in here in Deutsch lender behind me, I rolled over on top of him. He asks you questions in a bunch of German. The big guy in my mind right now, Brett says, is Shawn Michaels.
Speaker 3: Yea, do what you got to do? They were, they were, I mean they they really play that up right from the get go, the Shawn Michaels program. I remember, tell that's going to be big. Yeah, he says, do what you gotta do.
Speaker 2: But the excellence of execution is waiting. It's going to be on the ball in Deutsch Lene and he says wonder bar as well, and he says the ex all execution Christ Brett absolutely idiot. Here's how Carson translated the hitman's statement, Brett Hard is very happy that he defended his title here in Germany. Oh, well, we are happy that we've had him here. And then Carson is confused. Ben says, he says that he should have had more interview guests. He stumbles over his words a little, and then he says he's excited about what happens next, and then just puts the microphone in Brett's face without asking him anything.
Speaker 3: He goes off on.
Speaker 2: Brett goes off on Seawan Michaels and utters the word wonder bar. Which means wonderful. Miss Carston says, you heard it. The Hitman wants to defend his title and he prefers to do that against Shawn Michaels. Let's wait and see if he gets that done. Oh, there he is Shawn Michaels. So that kind of awkward, like waiting for something to happen. There from Carston was Sean Michaels.
Speaker 3: I see.
Speaker 2: So then Brett leaves and Hbka steps in, so they're not trying to kill each other. They're kind of pretending they missed each other. And you know something, it seems like Shawn Michaels is on the mine everybody all over the world.
Speaker 3: Hit Man, Brett Harris fucking Shawn Michaels and his little idiot things. I think he's got news for us, boss, I got news for you. You had one tough one to day in Dino Bravo. You better consider yourself a real lucky man that you didn't. It's good he's the sexiest man alive, Sean Michaels, because you would have been the shortest reigning champion ever. Sherry with dusting him off and stuff.
Speaker 2: It's so great and it is pretty wild. Let me do tonight. You have a difficult task in Randy Savage. Let's talk about say short lived champions. What you're looking at right here is the shape of things to come, the new wave of the nineties, and tonight the biggest night of Shawn Michael's life, the ww FI Way Championship. Macho man, Randy Savage a legend. Well, I got news for you, legend. There it is, Randy Legend. Even the great dinosaurs had to come to an end, and I got new for you, I said again, he says, it's I got news for you as the new man on the block. And you're looking at him.
Speaker 3: Tell him. It sounds like he's saying, I don't know. It sounds like he says, Sean Michael sucks all those he's doing, like the the what the wrizzler does now, like the mewing with his finger on his jawline. You know you don't even even I can't do that. Ship. Do you know that that fat little kid is in a w Do you know that comes out and does they've had him like four or five times? Serious? What is wrong with them? What the fuck is wrong with them? Oh? My kid does it all the time? Drives me nuts. I cannot stand it. One bit talker, idiot, stupid television looks like the Twizzler to me, damn right. HBK says, you're not talking anywhere the Drizzler. To me, you're not drift, You're not talking to Sherry. You talk to me. I've always been a real popular guy. Heart can't seem to get HBK out of his mind. Randy Savage can't all of Germany. The Battle Royal, what yeah, exactly what a night I got? Sherry?
Speaker 2: Now you can't get me off your mind. Battle Royal, WWF title, Intercontinental title. Man, I feel good, and Sherry says, Sean, we have an important we have important things to do. Sewan Michaels is leaving the interview. Here's what A Carston translated. Sean Michaels is saying. Shawn Michaels is sure that he would have beaten Brett hard and he did not face him tonight. Yes, Ben says, he says it exactly like that. Maybe they inserted all that because of the card change. Yeah, maybe because it was supposed to be Brett or Shawn, And maybe they're trying to do something to address that possibility in the fan's mind. Anyway, HBK makes another statement of Carson translate, Shawn Michael says, and I almost have to laugh that he's going to reclaim this title tonight, or rather secure this title from Randy Machaman Savage. He adds, well, we'll see about that later. But of course he has an ally and that sensational Sherry, and she knows Randy Savage very well. Good insight there from Carson.
Speaker 3: I I appreciate that they bring that up. You know, that really makes me happy that that they bring up the relationship, because that was that's key. That's key it is.
Speaker 2: It makes them, it heightens the match for sure. They do that T shirts and poster her at again with the Metallica song and the foam belt fed Do they imply that that that Sherry and Randy fucked? Has that been the implication?
Speaker 3: I never really knew if that was kind of you know, and if she really managed him or if they actually got it on.
Speaker 2: It's a great question. And as much as she was all over Sean, I never even really got the impression that Sean fucked her, that she was she would have done it.
Speaker 3: Like instantly. I got the idea that they were. Yeah, yeah, I mean that was her thing. Like she she didn't want to manage him. She was in love with him, she was, Yeah, And.
Speaker 2: I always thought he was just taking advantage of that and string along. But listen, he's got needs to Absolutely, he's got desires, he's got things that need to be pleasured. So you know, you can't blame the guy for just fucking.
Speaker 3: Awesome, fucking incredible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would know it's Savage. I never felt that way. I felt like it was just like it was someone that hated Elizabeth so much that she would get with Savage. She would she would manage Savage in a professional capacity just to piss off Elizabeth. Yeah, you know what I mean, just to really get at Elizabeth. That's what she wanted more than anything. She wasn't in love with Ready Savage. She just hated Elizabeth. That was kind of what I thought that maybe not, I don't know. So Carson and Sherry step back into frame all of a sudden.
Speaker 3: Real quick. Yeah, that was fucking weird, Like I don't know what cut back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they flashed the graphic over it for the upcoming title match and the sixteen Men Rubbles still to come. Carson and Eli are doing a stand up. Now Carson's getting they seem they both say Mike McGurk in synchrony. They both uh pitched to Mike McGurk at the same time. And here comes Papa Shango though with this original smoking skull.
Speaker 3: That's good. I didn't think of that one. And that all these first comings of Steve Austin here who knew?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Was he the second coming with the ball head? And maybe that's a good point.
Speaker 2: They managed to find all these one kid looking stone faced on the Papa Shango entrance, which they always had to do. Papa, let's off a spark in his hand, but some kind of gimmicky yes, Topa does And here comes Ill matt at or doesn't.
Speaker 3: Kang Kang kank kank kank Kang Kango Kang Kang kang can kang gang ganging King King King bou so good. So there he is from Tekula, Mexico. They actually is uh, It's true, his uh his ninety two. His Matador theme is very underrated. I used to like it a lot.
Speaker 2: I do the whole thing off the top of my end to this day. Absolutely they hit the menacing low angle for the skull hanging in the corner of Papashan.
Speaker 3: Did I ever tell did I ever say that, you know when I so when I was in fifth and sixth grade, that I you know, when I rode the bus to school or I never wrote to two school because I was, you know, on the way. It is like the first kids who get picked up are always the last to be dropped off at home. It's like a weird fucking So I wouldn't take the bus to school because it got I had to get there out at the get up so fucking early. So but I took it home. And uh, what I would do because it was such a it was like an hour long bus ride home. It's like an hour long bus ride home and so and I had no friends on the bus. And so what I would do is I would hum wrestling theme songs to myself. Is that right? I would do that. I would try to get as many and as possible before I went home, and when I got home, when I was nearing home, I would always it would be real American, be the last one one. But I'd do Demolition. I would do Tito's theme, I do Warrior, I do all of them, all of them. I just kind of hum them to myself, kind of like it was it was what I would do to just let the time fly by. That's a tremendous memory. Yeah. Yeah. I used to sometimes, like if I was in between, you know, walking somewhere, I would like try to list the title holders in my Yes, I would go through all the champions of w w F and w CW and ECW and my god, that's so wild. For no reason, I would do this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So the sort of shortcuts to kill time that the wrestling fan has at his disposal, maybe not everybody else does look at it that way.
Speaker 3: And and uh yeah days before when you didn't have a fucking phone to to numb you on the that's really what it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why that doesn't exist anymore, because you know, it's like, what are you doing your board? Yeah, the modern persons can't be board.
Speaker 3: I have this thing right immediately, I'm you know, I fall on some kind of public transportation. I immediately, oh so flip on foot on a movie. I'm always watching a movie on on public transit, no question.
Speaker 2: So the bright pink and yellow cape of El Mattador stands in strong contrast to the smoking black and gray skull hanging in the corner, and they all lay along with him. Here in Germany Foreshore, as Elmattador faces Papa Shango. Here Tito dodges a lock up early. And that's in the spirit of Ola, isn't it. He's sidestepping him like a bull. That's your damn right, he is, and they're getting it.
Speaker 3: You know this match?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Wait, no, this match? Did this match air?
Speaker 16: Oh?
Speaker 3: This match aired in the States on July sixth, nineteen ninety two, the episode of Primetime Wrestling. Now, this is a very very important episode of Primetime Wrestling for me.
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 1: He's a lapsed fan wrestling podcast with Jack and a Seo and JP Soro.
Speaker 4: It's the last fan wrestling.
Speaker 3: Podcast because this is the episode that I had recorded in the summer of nineteen ninety two that featured the first ever forty man Battle Royal won by the Berserker Wow, which then prompted Randy Savage to say the following after the match, and I do remember that Battle Royal. Yeah. You got to understand something though. That is the babyface WW champion congratulating, not at all. He's a plot. He's clapping. It's a it's a legit thing. And it was very jarring to me, right because I also hadn't you know, I hadn't been privy to the year prior when Savage was quote unquote retired, and even though he was a baby face, he'd still kind of have some heel aspects to his character, you know, like he's still kind of like he was kind of on the fence sometimes with certain things, and so I wasn't aware of that. So I wasn't used to that, to the fact that he would, you know, he'd call it right down the middle and he'd you know, he would side with heels if he needed to. So that was very jarring to me at the time. But I I listen that for some reason this, I mean, it was on that megatape that I had of of wrestling, so I watched a thousand times. But just fucking so glad you found that. I mean, I was thrilled when I when I when I just when I found out it was that episode of Prime Time rastling, Oh my god, are you fucking kidding me? So I have this match.
Speaker 2: I have this match basically on VHS for a long time. It's really fascinating. Not something I expected when we did the Germany show. Now right, so yes, Tito grabs the waist of the corner. They go, and Papa Shogo breaks and its back elbow and throw some hands and hits a head butt quarter to corner, hits in the bones, rattle as Tito Santana takes the buckling. Papa rakes away whipping a slam, misses a huge jumping elbow as Papa Shango. That opens the opportunity for Tito to start slugging away.
Speaker 3: I missed one of the things too, I apologize. Gorilla and Lord Al still on the call, they discussed Papa Shango's prop skull, but in a very unique way. Now there's no question in anyone's mind, Alfred, that that is a human skull.
Speaker 4: It's not a fact. I didn't know that is. I thought maybe it was an apes skull or something like that, but it's not happen.
Speaker 5: It's a human skull. Buy one quite easily.
Speaker 3: I understand why some of these crematories, and you can come.
Speaker 8: Out of there with anything from a shin bone to the whole body if you like, if you don't desire.
Speaker 4: And have the proper powder my goodness, that's so funny.
Speaker 3: They're talking about, like as a real fucking human skull. That's their version of Bruiser Bodie's ashes in the in the air. I guess so a real human skull. Freaking idiots just take away any opportunity to take any of it. Seriously, would you? Would you like? I mean like seriously, you wouldn't have the guy arrested in question for having a human skull a cadaver? You know those are sold in the open market. I guess fine.
Speaker 16: You know.
Speaker 2: This is a huge jumping elbow does this human skull wielder? Tito puts on the arm wringer and starts wrenching away. Shango pushes off Tito ducks and lands right hands and a lariat. But Papa won't go down.
Speaker 3: It's very noticeable here calling him Papa fucking kills me.
Speaker 2: And another one dropped him to a knee. But he just won't bump. He won't take a bump. And this will be important later I know, goes back to the arm to the ropes, shoots off Tito Ducks. H's a great cross body block that only gets too is Papa's Shango in the kickout Tito, absolutely flying off the top of him and slugs him the way back in. Papashango takes a knee as Tito ales and does strange jerking motions with his arms to a series of gears. Now he's digging in the eyes as Papa Shango and pulling up on the chin with Tito's head under the bottom rope, heaving breaths from Papa Shango. He knew how to make those guttural sounds. Yeah, I'm sure he's not just fucking exhausted toilet basically. Yeah, that's definitely something we do not want to witness. Is fucking Charles right on the fucking can, Charles wrong, Charles damn right, Irish whipping a huge flying clothesline scores for Papa Shango putting down Tito. Papa Shango drops a head butt to the gut, puts on the camel clutch Tito with some great moaning and groaning while entrapped in the hold. Pabashanko, looking over her shoulder like hul cokein with the Tito hulks back up, what builds back up what it hits the ropes and fires off a shot, but Papa Shanko is still on him, works him over in the corner, corner to corner Irish whip and Tito sidesteps and Papa Shanko splashes the corner, Tito now kicking away the Irish whip. Shango ricochets out of the corner and drops Tito with a big clothes line. Papashanko with the side back breaker, comes off in the middle rope and misses a big elbow drop and you can tell you landa right on that elbow because it makes almost no sound when he hits the mat. Carson at this point tells Uli that he has to leave to do an interview again in The match ends ninety seconds later as Ben asks wrestling maybe fake or Carston Schaffer is just the master of puppets. Tito fires off some shots building back up momentum, drop kick into the corner and another and is at this point. If you watch this, it gets really weird because Tito has to shout at Papa Shango, come on, take a bump. He screams like fucking miss that. He shouts that at him, and then he does off another dropkick. But for some reason, Papa Schango went into that match thinking he's got to look super strong and not bump off anything Tito throws at him. And in fact, when Tito goes to cover him again, papah Shango does that superman kickout. Yes he does, and then the match just falls apart, so I can kind of I don't know, there's there's some miscommunication, there's some disagreement going on. I haven't seen anything. Like Tito calls out a lot of stuff like this in his book, but he says nothing about this particular match. He was he was just in misery because he hated the al Matador gimmick and knew it was one step to complete a relevancy at a time when he thought he might actually have a shot at, you know, being a top guy.
Speaker 3: Why Tito, listen, I love you. You're, You're, You're, You're you're a great, You're a legend. All right, you're you deserve all this ship. But like what the fuck? Man? Like you know, Vince has done with you right exactly, Like come on, man, wear the cape, the uh uh the so on. On the the Primetime commentary, they they talk about somebody who's been hanging around Papa Shango. They say he's tall and wears glasses and is named Will or Bill or something. Do you know what that what that was?
Speaker 15: Like?
Speaker 3: I had no idea what the fuck they were talking about. I have no idea what they're talking about. Really, Yeah, someone that they always said was hanging around called Bill or Will. I'm trying to think of anybody, like obviously it's a it's a it's a it's a it's a you know, inside joke reference to somebody. Yeah, I have no idea what that's supposed to mean. Yeah, you worth asking him one day?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, would be.
Speaker 2: That would be That would be the lapsed fan question, you know, like we always talk about when we get access to these guys, We asked the one question that would only mean anything to us and our fans. Yes, and takes full advantage of the fact that we don't need more than five minutes in these guys times exactly.
Speaker 15: So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, after he takes the bump, Tito slaps the matt hard, almost in frustration. He does an Irish whip hits him of the backdrop, and Papa Shanko does go up for that one, and then Tito signals that he isn't gonna go for the forearm and he hits it, but he kicks out at one. Papashanko totally knows to finish. Who goes to the top rope cross body and Papashango rolls through on top of Santana and hooks him for the one two three.
Speaker 3: Yep, went wrong here.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's not the finish you book for a Papa Shango that's going to kick out.
Speaker 3: No, you're wrong, Yeah, something happened. You're right, I agree. I thought.
Speaker 2: I was like, that's a very weird finish, and it gets really awkward afterwards. He just walks around ringside like calmly, like he is an acting possessed or rat or victorious.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: He seems kind of pissed off, and he puts on his hat and necklace while Tito just stands there and watches him.
Speaker 15: It's weird, and I.
Speaker 3: Want to say here, so at the a little bit before the end of the match, like keep mind, this is July sixth, okay and different different episode all right of Primetime Wrestling, and Gorilla is approached by some is quote unquote approached by somebody while he's at the announced booth there or at the announced table. No, we don't please don't follow us. We're doing the broadcast.
Speaker 8: Can you believe this Nelson Spider looking for some groceries.
Speaker 4: Any takes for free?
Speaker 16: That?
Speaker 4: Whow was a free.
Speaker 3: Another Nelson Schwegler thing. That must have been a much more common thing than I remember. Yeah, because we're talking about that's the last time. I don't know it was. Yeah, June twenty second, you know that one, and then this is June. This is July sixth. It's wild. It's wild. I mean you can see as a kid why you wouldn't pay attention to that. It would go what over your head?
Speaker 2: But yeah, so we cut down to the wing Eagle Championship and it's on the shoulder of the macho man Randy Savage and all the right yellow. Randy says, it's great to have you on the program, the new champ once again. It must feel brilliant. Carson says to him.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, it feels brilliant. Yeah, very very very brilliant. Year can't wait to walk through the aisle in the Olympic. Yeah, with all those thousands of people out there. Yeah, get ready. Yeah, because with the anticipation of the of a heavenly thrill, you sean Michaels, You've got to shut up the gold just like I've had him the past year, but you got him up for the challenge that the people realize that the world in a World Championship is really yeah, big time Yeah. That's the promo. It's the promo. It's fucking verbatim, and then screams yeah, big time yeah at the end, yeah, and he says because with the anticipation of a heavenly thrill, what he couldn't go anywhere. Then Shaeffer brings up Sherry, you have this the Sherry bit here translated or no, yes, no.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, tell us about that guy Sean Michael should going against Okay, yeah, let's see. Carson says that we all know this title. Macho man says, oh yeah. Carson says, we all know that sound, and he translates Savage's first statement as such, Randy Savage is, of course totally of the opinion that Shawn Michaels has to be extra cautious tonight because he's dealing with the WWF champion, and that's a whole different ball game since Randy Savage is of course defending his title.
Speaker 3: That's the second statement, Oh, you've heard some rumors. How do you stop a rumor?
Speaker 7: Huh?
Speaker 3: In Munich, Germany. You're going to understand that the intensity I have right now is the calm before the storm. Sean Michaels. Yeah, because when those thousands of people, yeah right here, yeah, here in the European Rampage Tour kick down. Yeah, oh the way, Sean Michaels, You're gotta be better than good. You're gotta be better than the best, because I'm the type of person to go all the way on you. Sherry will be a nonfactor. Yeah, but if she gets involved, I'll get involved.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm not the much your man, Randy Savage for nothing? Yeah what am I talking about? Read between the lines, diggt It will won't be the first time I've taken her up and down and everywhere in between. I fucked her so hard, pussy popped but a volcano. Oh yeah, dig it.
Speaker 2: And that's the precise translation he gives. Yes, now, he translates the second statement as such. Randy Savage doesn't believe that anything can possibly go wrong for him tonight. Well, we've got this man here, and now we're handing it back to Uli. Of all that shit, he said, that's.
Speaker 3: All he said. It's fully freaking said.
Speaker 2: Here comes Sean to the Sherry version of the music yes, with his one finger up the whole time he makes the walk. You remember that Sean Michael Tarre introduced here as the new WWF champion is Randy Savage, and he's limping like crazy.
Speaker 3: Hold on note because this match was featured on the Colosseum video WWWE World Tour nineteen ninety two commentary provided by Sean Mooney and Lord Alfred Hayes. And and uh here is a you know the as Sean's coming down, you get Mooney suggesting the relationship between Seawan and Sherry maybe more than professional, which upsets Lord al.
Speaker 11: Behind Is because she is.
Speaker 4: More that I don't know that I.
Speaker 11: Like sounds safe for John, like myself.
Speaker 4: You are a kid.
Speaker 5: Here we go.
Speaker 4: Have you actually ever had.
Speaker 3: A conversation which you want to speaking?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 11: Made yourself some trouble, Lordship.
Speaker 4: I did ask for her phone number?
Speaker 20: You did?
Speaker 3: Yes, what did you get?
Speaker 4: I can't even know why.
Speaker 2: He's got a right hand, he said, awesome, amazing. So when Savage comes out, he's limping so much that he jumps in the ring with one swoop over the middle rope both feet because he is he doesn't put one foot over the rope first.
Speaker 3: It's amazing, it's it's it's listen, He's salesman of all time. He's not the salesman of the year. He's not salesman of the month, not salesman another decade. He's the salesman of all time.
Speaker 2: That's right, all right, and Ben confirms to the commentators do indeed mention that he's limping and connect that to Rick Fall and WrestleMania eight. That's fucking amazing, to the German television against why Randy Savage was limping? How spectacular, how spectacular that they that that he does that?
Speaker 3: I mean, it's.
Speaker 2: It's so brilliant. Nobody would bat an eye if he didn't do it. That's right, because because it had been over a week, you know, like you think he would have gotten in another country. I mean, who even cares if he's exactly exactly he's in another country. They haven't. Most people haven't fucking seen the show. It's amazing. It's an incredible commitment. WWF Championship match much of me and Ready Savage defending against Shawn Michaels here at the European Rampage again. As Savage limps to the corner, Shawn Michaels is watching him and talking trash and takes off the ear rings while eyeing the macho man. Savage so skinny back then he doesn't look well, oh he doesn't. Ironically, you know, you think you'd think off the off the gas, he'd look better. But he looks awful, awful. He looks gaunt. Yes he has cancer, yeah, yeah, he looks very sick. And his outfit is as nineteen ninety two as you can get. So he confers with Sherry to Shawn Michaels and they dap each other up and Sean dives on the leg right away.
Speaker 3: What a great What a great way to open it.
Speaker 2: But Savage is able to sidestep it. Savage slaps the shoulder because you know, that's how you prepare for someone to shoot on your legs. You slap yourself on the shoulder, of course, get the blood flowe on the shoulder to protect the leg. Apparently, footwork of Savage and the dancing as such that he's keeping the bad leg back, not on the it's on his front foot, so he's trying to hide it. Sean Michael's coming in real low, faking the shot and freaking out Randy at the process. Look up to the corner. There's a break and Sean dives through and Randy side steps him again and Sean ends up tangled all up in the ropes because he's so desperately trying to for the leg yep and a lock up and ready Savage with the headlock, and Sewan counters with the top brist lock, and then Randy comes back with a hammer lock back elbow lands and then Sean hits the ropes and a tackle gets.
Speaker 3: Too Do you remember, you know, well, I would have been apt to this. Actually, you know if there was a video game WW European Rampage Tour. There was, Yes, it was for It was a computer game. It was for the Amiga or the Commodore sixty four whatever it was, Oh my god. Yeah, and it had you know, a lot of the guys from this tour had animal Brett Knobs Quakes in that Hawk Hogan's in the game, Irwin SAgs, Savage Deebs available in the United States. Well, I don't know anything about Amiga. What was that? Yeah, it was it's a computer. It was like like a gaming computer of sorts. I mean probably was used for other things too, but it was it was I guess you could you could had it on the Atari, but again Atari st was a was a PC of sorts, like there was just four games I mean for computers. Yeah, it's it's fucking crazy.
Speaker 2: And yeah and floppy disc Look at that, ye, the Britannic Arena I'm looking at screenshots.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so yeah, like you have you'd have these, and then a bunch of the Britannic Arena you'd have and then you had uh Deutsch National Arena in Munich and then Palais Omnispo. Yeah, all these fucking places, and then I guess you could do I'm reading here is uh at edemisg the last match is I guess it's it's you do tag teams and it's basically it seems like what it is is the is the the tag side of wrestle Fest. Oh you know, I don't know what the graphics look like. I haven't looked at the graphics yet. Traffics are pretty good, actually, they're they're much higher end than i'd expect. The figures are very they're very much like the Super Nintendo. What they would what the Superintendo would do when they would when they'd have it. I'm looking at it right now, like that's very much like the Genesis Super Nintendo type. And they have a fucking Sean Mooney like hyping up the and stuff. Yeah, the event center. Yeah, it's very much like the Super Nintendo ones. Yeah, the Munich Deutsche National Arena one of that ship. So were the Nasty Boys in any other game? I think they were in the Sega CD range in the Cage. I think they were in that one. So many games I didn't get to play, I know, I mean yeah, right, systems right, I mean who it's like that those are one of those weird things like who would like I never had that fucking that that the segac you know, in a weird wiz. I don't know if I get the Segacy. Yeah, Brian Knobs, Jerry SAgs are in the are in Rage in the Cage. Oh man, I can watch this sh it all day. I gotta stop. I know, the retro gameplay life fuck wow, all right, well that's huge. Anyway, Sean gets on the leg again and Randy lifts it to get out of the way, and then Sean gets it a second time and Randy kicks him off again and again. He just keeps doggedly going for the leg and Randy slips out of the ring limpic just to get out of the dodge. He knows he's wounded. Yeah, Sean throws a chair in the ring, a normal chair. It's not a folding chair, as Savage. Sean. Okay, Savage, that's key because Savage is the desperate one. He says he has thrown the only empty chair there is tonight in the ring. That's a good line. And she adds that Miss Elizabeth doesn't feel good and could not come to Munich, so there's the specification. Yeah, she didn't feel good all right, Savage wasn't making her feel good anymore. Randy says, you want to fight with me, I'll fight The camera Mike picks that up somehow. And Randy is so good about keeping up the image of the bad Wheel with everything he does, every little fing there's no inconsistency, yep.
Speaker 2: None gets to the apron. Sherry comes over and slaps the leg of Randy. Randy turns around and then allows Sean to knock Randy off the apron from behind. You better believe Randy lands on his feet and.
Speaker 3: He doesn't just fucking he somersaults to the floor like it's insane what he does for the industry. Yes, exactly, listen, he listen. Savage knows how much money is being spent. He knows what makes the turnstile's turn. He knows. He knows that there are people who are still questioning or walking by Olympia Hall. And wait a minute, did Savages bump from there? Yeah, yeah, Savage bumped. We should go inside it, watch World Entertainment. Savage Savage bumped, like words on the street that he bumped. I have Savage bumped. He did somersault in the air, and he's you know, he's he's selling, selling for the crowd. I think we should go in season. I think we should buy a ticket and and and help bump up the gate for the World Entertainment, the World Fied Entertainment. I think you're right, Olda, I think you're absolutely right about that. Let's get in there. Yeah so yes, Savage is now in peril. And they slug it out on the floor and Shawn Michaels raakes the eyes and Sherry scream and give it to him. Sure, come up, she is, Yes, she is, She's the fucking best.
Speaker 2: John grabs the leg and Randy breaks the eyes to get for you and tries to roll into the ring, but Sean pulls him right back out. Whip is reversed and Sean takes the post and man to Sean Parrouett.
Speaker 3: Through the air.
Speaker 2: Obvious seal job there, my god, does he take that post. Randy brings him over to the blue steps and plants him face first into those. He's sure to break the count as well as the macho man back in. Randy climbs and scores with the double axe handle and sells the knee wonderfully, like he had to do it exactly.
Speaker 3: He was desperate. He had to do some some kind of a big move that would that would put Michael's out for a little bit, so he can exactly, and he's willing to risk the leg to do that. It's amazing, it's so amazing, Squently, it takes him kind of forever to cover someone.
Speaker 5: He does.
Speaker 2: It's just a two count back up double reverse whip and Randy with the clap and the falling Larry.
Speaker 3: But it wasn't about the cover. It wasn't about the cover. It was about it was about get buying some time.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: Cover was only only gravy.
Speaker 2: I love when Randy does that clothes line as if he's taking a double clothes line, but he's just not. He's just falling, just falls with it. I love, always loved that. I'd always love that. Sherry, come on, kick out great Savage tries to slam, but Sean counters with an inside criddle for two backup. Brandy snatches him, coming in with the back elbow that gets to Sean rolls out of the ring and says, the hell with this, I don't need it. Sean starts his way up the aisleway with Sherry behind him, and he collapses and Randy gives him chase. Now pulls down Sherry. She goes down, kind of whips her out of the way, and then Randy lays into Seawn Michael's punching him backwards the ring. He rolls Sean back in the ring. Sherry comes over, snatches Randy's ankle, and Randy pulls her up to the apron. Sewan misses a right hand and nails her by mistake and she goes down like a corpse. My goodness, did Sherry take a bump here? She probably puts so much mileage on her body. And I'm not talking about I'm talking about in the ring, the amount of bumps like she would take, like crazy fucking bumps.
Speaker 3: You never really heard about her, like having major surgery.
Speaker 2: She had major pain killer problems, let me tell you that. Yeah, so all that entertainment, you know, Randy rolls him up.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, all that entertainment. The hazard are still real. Hazards are still real.
Speaker 2: Randy rolls up Sean like he did Rick Flair at Wrestling Maney eight. But that just gets a two back up. It's a golden finish, that whole thing it is because it's just a roll up in desperation, right with a bad wheel. That's what It's just supposed to be. A roll up is supposed to be a surprise or a desperate move. It's not supposed to be like a thought out thing. It's like I need to I need to end this match now, let me fucking grab this guy. And it's an opportunity, yep, right, And not many people were able to get that across, like Savage. Oh not even close most not even close, yep. And then Sean comes back with a shin breaker and guns on the charge and double knees on Savage in the corner.
Speaker 3: Both go down.
Speaker 2: Sean chopp blocks the leg as they both get back up, and then Sean distracts him and Sherry slams Randy Savage's legging of the post in the ring apron, and then Sean drapes the leg and sits down on it and stomps at the knee and laces the leg and brings down his own knee, and Joey Morella is all over Sean, like, come on, man, I can stop it if you keep going this hard on his leg, and Randy Savage is dailing as Sherry gets a few more shots in behind the referees back always Sean mocks the Randy finger wag and the hands on the hip thing, and.
Speaker 3: Oh, I miss that. That's funny, I missed that part.
Speaker 2: They'll be showmanship in there. And Savage stands and he's limping, and Sean kicks out the leg and stomps the head and steps over into a spinning toe hold, and then you better believe Sean Michaels locks on the figure four, yep, and perhaps keeping a spot in the match that they would have done if Rick.
Speaker 3: Flair was there. No, I know that's true. They'll probably a little shout out to Flair. Did not see a lot of Sean Michael's figure fours back then? No, And then he would give a weird what you call the inverted figure four. Much later, I'm like, I don't understand how that's inverted. But okay, I never forgot about it. It's like the stupidest fucking hold. But when when I think you mentioned it, when Seawan Sewan charged Savage in the corner, but Savage kit Sean with a knee of the face, and he sells it. Savage sells it because he used the bad wheel out of desperation. Again, he used the bad wheel to save himself. Not lost on me when I saw that, I was like, fuck, motherfucker, love it so much, mother fucker. He didn't do that. That was not a miss, That was not a coincidence. That was done on purpose. That's right, that's right. That's what's so amazing. It's so well, you know, say what you will about you know, Savage needing to plan out his fucking matches beat for beat, beforehand whatever, all right, a good match is a good match. It only you know, the matches that are called in the ring may not have certain elements that are matches that are well thought out beforehand or and vice versa. So I've never I don't care a match. A good match is a good match. This shit, this is like you know, that's that's Martin scus As he ship right, there's a detailed directing shit like that's wow. You know, that's fucking brilliant.
Speaker 2: This is what you got every time you watch Randy back then. He isn't something particularly special. This is just the pride he took in the craft.
Speaker 3: And again, you know what, say what you will about Savage in the eighties and being you know, and I know most people love that Savage. This is to me, this is this is a Savage who recognizes ye where he is. He's not he's not a kid anymore. You know, he's not a guy on the rise. He is a stable main event legend.
Speaker 2: All right, and he's off fending off challengers. Yeah, and he's also but he's also likes you can tell he's comfortable. You can tell he's just like he knows what he needs to do to have a good match, which means he can just add to that. He's so fucking good easily, easily, Like just despite how how renowned he is, and despite how how celebrated he is, he's still underrated.
Speaker 3: Savage. Yeah, Savage, Savage. It gets pretty clear my now. The fact that he never got a chance to come back. It always bothered me, the fact that I'm robbed. If I'm attacking Steve Austin, then I'd have to rest fourteen still think about it. How can you not the greatest fucking thing if if after four years, all of a sudden, Randy Savage is just like it runs out there just beating the crap, like you don't even know music. No, just imagine okay, ah uh, I don't know. Yeah, not a for Armania or whatever, or I'll tell you what, Like I would even maybe do it the way they did it with the name of Aston Vince right when I was thinking of actually yeah, you know, and then as they're about to go, and then all of a sudden you see Savage running and people running running. You don't even necessarily know who it is at first, but you know that run. You know there's only one person who fucking runs at that speed every fucking time when he jogs down, when he just fucking sprints down there. He's a fucking baseball player, all right, He's a baseball player stealing third, that's how fucking fast he is. It would have been I mean, I would have been on my feet, like I would have had one of my moments where I would have been on my feet, just freaking out pacing. Yep, yeah, exactly what does this mean? Yes, it would have been great. Imagine all the other ones too after that. I mean, imagine Rock versus Savage, Imagine Triple H versus Savage. Imagine Big Show versus Savage. Okay, I saw that one. Oh true, we didn't see that one. That one's not that one's old. Caine versus Savage, Savage verse fully would be fascinating. Savage versus Foley Crazy, Savage versus Savage versus Angle. Oh my god, if we're gonna give me if he makes if he makes it, if he makes it this far Savage versus brock Listener Savage versus raymis Terry. Do you ever see that in W C W. I don't know, I don't think so. It would have seen it in w W in like in early two thousands. Easily tell you, man, he's like, he's one of the very few, one of the very few who didn't go back. I don't know why. I don't know if there was animosity still from his departure, but I don't know why he didn't go back. It's painful. I mean I think about this too. Everyone know that. What about? What about? What about two thousand and three sewn Michaels versus Randy Savage? Right, I mean, what the fuck? I don't know. I don't know what to say. Yeah, I just don't know what to say. We were robbed, as what that's a concluded I can come to. I mean, did we ever see Savage versus Eddie Guerrero soon? For that matter?
Speaker 2: That happened and I think ninety five, but that was before Eddie was like Eddie's just super charistic, ye Eddie, before he was Eddie? Did we see Savage vers Yeah? Right, that's pretty much it. Yeah, that's what happened. Yeah, it wasn't like a big, right home about kind of thing. But I just I just want to see him. I just want to see him come back. With the storyline of him coming back for the title.
Speaker 3: This is bullshit, ye like, yeah, it's been an amazing but an amazing, amazing thing.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, Sean has a figure four on and he's laying flat on the canvas and he's screaming at Cherry to come help him, almost impatiently, like she was supposed to be in position and she was out in the position. She comes over and pulls on his arms. That gets a two as Randy Flatten's out does it again, and Cherry's yanking back as far as she possibly can to give Sean an extra bit of leverage. Savage then sits up and Shawn Michaels is talking trash and slaps random say chant for the macho man. Ready's dragging and reaching and.
Speaker 3: That and that's slapping. Matt convinces U, lord Awl that Sean Michaels will be victorious in this match.
Speaker 4: I have no doubt, Malmo, We're going to see you Sean here.
Speaker 9: Crown here, I'm showing Michael's worn well, but where that crown, there's a lot of distinction.
Speaker 20: He is.
Speaker 11: Great wrestler.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, alf that's what he saying. It in for you, that's it. I never teach his own. Randyt scratches and claws and gets the ropes, breaks the figure four. Sherry is stalking as Sean keeps kicking at the leg. Sean tries another figure four, but of course Randy answers with an inside cradle that gets too Sean's right back on him, locks out another figure four, turns over though to the ropes, and there is a break as they get into the ropes and Sherry is pulling on Sean still For some reason, the hole has been reversed, and Sean slams Randy in the center of the ring, just the waistband as he used to do. Sewn used to always do that, and then he does the ben wath rote slash. Interestingly, you didn't do that too often. He steps over for another figure four, but this time he's kicked off into the corner buckling by macho man, who gets up on one wheel and throws a clothes line flatten. Sewn Michaels Savage is now absolutely struggling to climb the ropes, but like you said, he's got to do it. He's got to do it. This is his opening.
Speaker 2: He finally gets up there and unsure footing You've never seen someone climb the ropes as convincingly with a bad wheel as Randy Savage.
Speaker 5: Ye.
Speaker 3: Ever, yeah, ever never.
Speaker 2: That's where everyone struggles is to keep the illusion of the cell alive while still doing a move that requires a lot of coordination. Most guys will just do like this pat gesture to remind you that the knee hurts, and then just launch with full verve.
Speaker 3: And no, he's making it to the point where you actually wonder, Yes, wait a minute, is he actually injured?
Speaker 2: That's right, that's why he's the best exactly. But Sama was able to get his footing sufficiently to launch and score with the top ropvailabow drop cover one two three and the watcho Man. Randy Savage fights through the pain to retain the WWF championship over Shawn Michael's.
Speaker 3: Here in Munich, Germany. Great great shit, and.
Speaker 2: They rejoice and Randy comes up with his arm up like he just got released from a prisoner of war camp or something, and Sean Mike McGirk was announcing the winner, and Sherry grabs her by the hair and throws Mike McGirk down, grabs her chair and rushes into the ring and slams the chair in a Randy's leg, and Sean tosses Joey Morel out of the ring and he's ramming the chair now in a Randy Savage's leg. He drops Marella. Other officials hit the ring, Sean tosses them to the.
Speaker 3: Side, and then apparently, well, Lord Al are you ready for this? Lord Al apparently spots Nelson Swegler's son. Does he say.
Speaker 11: Nelson's Swegler's son is in now?
Speaker 23: Chris Swegler, I didn't think he had the guts to come in and face someone like Sean Michaels, but obviously.
Speaker 3: Caught up in the moments just have at the time of their lives in fun of And these are all different recording sessions, right like, not having anything to do with each other, and they're all around this show, isn't it bizarre? Ways? Can you chop it up?
Speaker 20: Three?
Speaker 3: Nelson Schwegler references about matches on the same fucking show right absolutely that I can only assume we're maybe the Savage, maybe the Gorilla, and Lord Alwan's were done altogether, you know, I can I can see that being the case. But man, just hilarious to have them all and again airing at different times. Couldn't be couldn't be further apart from each other, but they're all from this show. Unbelievable. Unbelievable.
Speaker 2: So Seawn now with the championship belt, raining down, slapping shots with the belt on Randy Savage. Dave Heebner is in. They're in a jump shoot jump suits. Shawn is threatening all this, but we want to jump shoot dude.
Speaker 3: Sorry to concern you.
Speaker 2: Terry Ooley says they've got to go to a commercial break and then corrects herself and says that we'll continue to watch what is going down, and Carston agrees, and she says that's not the Shawn Michaels that we know or want to know. And Carston says, now the helpers managed to throw Randy Savage out of the ring, I mean get him out of the ring. It is chaos here and I think Tim White it is snatches the ww Championship belt from Sean Michaels and Hebner rolls Savage out of the danger zone as Sean mocks Randy's hand signal to the crowd and gets a round of gears and Randy is carried out on the shoulders of Dave Hebner and another official, perhaps the aforementioned Chris Schwegler. Yea and limping so dramatically to the back is Randy Savage. And you can tell it's killing Dave Hebner, that he's that he's got Randy Savage weighing.
Speaker 3: Him down with that. He's like, you can tell he's fucking miserable. I'm sure, I'm sure Savage is like putting a little extra oomph. Absolutely it.
Speaker 2: So another article fan article commercial is the German TI.
Speaker 3: By the way, you want to know what something funny here? Yeah? So I said, you know what, I'm going to go back here. I want to take a look and see. Actually, if Savage is selling the knee at the UK rampage, which happens what days after this, he's not selling the fucking leg. Wow, it must have healed. I wonder what about this show made him want to sell the leg and not.
Speaker 2: I think it was because they had just aired Wrestlmingia on Drimn Television.
Speaker 3: That must have been.
Speaker 2: It's they hadn't brilliant son on such a time lag in England. Wow, that's huge, that's fucking massive that you put that kind of thought into it.
Speaker 3: Yep, were we good question? When we're going to the German market where they are at. In regards to the television, have they seen WrestleMania? Well, Pal, I don't, I don't know. I'm not sure what why? What does it matter?
Speaker 15: Like?
Speaker 3: Man, I can't tell you everything that I got in my head? All right, Randy, But why do you need to I'm not going to tell you what's going on. I've got my secrets. I've got the things that I need to keep where they are on the noise they might leave. I say, well, I mean, but I'm just curious. What does it Matt? I mean, I don't know. I don't know when they the Germans watch Wrestleman, I don't know they did. They need you to get on that so they can be nervous, making me wonder exactly what's going on with this company? What do you mean, Brandy? They'll watch WrestleMania at some point, but I don't know if it'll be before or after the match. You gotta find out or I'm gonna take you. Vince McMahon. I'm gonna take you for the right of your life. When I take you up the stairs I'm gonna bring you up the stairs by your neck, and I'm gonna run you across the road and I'm gonna take you down. I'm gonna take you down the China down And what's gonna happen there, I don't know, but I can tell you this that it won't be pleasant. It won't be pleasant. Huh.
Speaker 5: I like it.
Speaker 3: I like when things aren't pleasant, and it won't be pleasant for you. Well, we'll get right on that, Rannie, and we'll figure out what WrestleMania in which one it'll be for that matter, I'm not sure if they're seeing WrestleMania eight or WrestleMania at seven or ten for that matter. Right quite then it happened yet, But you know, these are things and we will figure out before we get to Munich. Can we please get this man out of my office? He's horrifying awesome.
Speaker 2: So we get another fan article commercial that is say fan merchandise commercial and yes, CCM is the company's name, and then later u V United Video, which released wrestling home videos in Germany. As Ben tells us, he says, it's funny that the c CMTV location is now one of the bureaus of an IP law firm that has a website that sounds like Vince wrote their texts. Maybe he did, Maybe he did. Big fans, definitely, I'm I'm I'll tell you what. One of the things that I'm an expert at is writing corporate text I have a I have an incredible uh, corporate textual basis for all things corporate textual basis, corporate corporate Christy MM, the German distributor of the real WWF and also ww tapes back then was United Video.
Speaker 3: He says. They also released butchered versions of Rubblecop one and two. Yes they did.
Speaker 2: Their logo was always placed really intrusively, which made the Hogan sid match at WRESTLEMANI eight look like a triple threat with UV as they're own at number three. Is the logo is so big between their heads? He included some examples of such. He says, Anyway, from nineteen ninety three on PolyGram was distributing the coliseum videos over here in. United Video finally went out of business in two thousand and eight, but not before I've noticed by accident that they were located twenty minutes.
Speaker 3: From my home. Wow, holy shit, pumping gas near a small city in my area when I noticed the big and always intrusive even on buildings UV logo on a building nearby and blew my mind. Even years later, he says, imagine seeing the Colosseum logo in your neighborhood and that I'd be amazing. I mean, listen, I'd blow my mind if I fucking saw the two pillars.
Speaker 2: And just like us, when he sees the building today, Ben always asks himself if there was still some old tapes lying around there somewhere in the grass. Perhaps Wow, yes, indeed, it's really amazing. So Carson is with the Led again for a second interview, heading over to the Battle Royal. Now an animal, says the Battle Royal, and you're different. Hawk, and I grew up on the streets of Chicago and been fighting fifteen, ten to fifteen twenty guys for years.
Speaker 3: We beat them all up right, right, because the two guys have fought on the streets with ten to fifteen twenty guys, right, that's secretly And.
Speaker 2: He tells Hawk, you know, tell them Hawk, and Carson speaks next. However, there's our cup of soup, Hawk says, our bowl of chili right.
Speaker 3: Up our alley. The fuck, I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Not only one or two guys. Now we've got to beat up fourteen guys. What happens if it's me and my brother in the ring? He says, that is to say, Animal, well his brother in the ring.
Speaker 3: I never thought they.
Speaker 2: Were presented as brothers, but I guess he means it just colloquially. Now, that'd be interesting, Animal says, Hawk says, intimating to the German audience, said, you know, that's what could happen in a battle royal. If it comes down to you too, what are you going to do? Carson asks, and Hawks says, We're going to have to wait until that happens, won't we.
Speaker 3: And let's see.
Speaker 2: Animal's promo is translated by Carston as such, the Legion of Doom has always beaten people up. Whether it's two, ten or twenty, it doesn't matter. And that's exactly what they'll do tonight, instead of Hawk's promo. Yes, naturally, the big question is always what happens when these two stand face to face in the end, when thing's for sure, they will get exactly the kind of fight they want tonight, a battle royal. That is what Carston said. Hawk said, that's the kind of match they want. It's a Battle Royal, absolutely, And then we switched to David see Carson, David boy Smith, Daby boy.
Speaker 3: Smith and I do have this one because here we.
Speaker 12: Go, Aunt Deeze Man Denkenzie Alapest is a step British Bulldog. Davey boy Smith on ab after zetin man Battle Royal. Davy, You've got a sixty man Battle Royal, fifteen people ahead of you.
Speaker 11: What do you think?
Speaker 15: What do I think?
Speaker 11: The same thing?
Speaker 16: Thoughts is going through my mind as it was last year in the Royal albert Hall, when.
Speaker 5: The British bulldog disposed of fifteen all the restless, They all try to get me out, but they failed.
Speaker 3: It was nineteen. It was a twenty man Battle Royal last time, not sixteen.
Speaker 15: IM gonna fail tonight in Munich.
Speaker 5: The British bulldog is gonna be victorious in this fifteen man battle Oroyal.
Speaker 3: We did say fifteen man Battle Royal here several times. Every time. Come on, Carson translates bulldog's statement as the British bulldog naturally intends to straight up wipe away all these men, just like last year at the Battle Royal and the Royal Albert Hall. We'll see if that's all. Oh my god, fucking Albert Hall. I can't with that shit.
Speaker 2: Carson earlier back in the announced position, those two promos, by the way, from Broke from Bulldogs and Led were a coliseum or that is to say, home video.
Speaker 3: Very nice. Now, I got to ask you, this is that Uli Fessler or is that Saturday Night Live alumnus Melanie huttle.
Speaker 1: H.
Speaker 3: It's h M T S E L l okay.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: I think it's the latter. I think you're right. I think you're right. I think it is a hassel.
Speaker 2: So Remarcell the ring announcer in Germany there gets up saying something. He say, right, yeah, bad in the ring now, Ben writes, maybe he did this firing up the crowd during every time off, you know when there was a lull in the action, to keep the crowd on fire, and that's why he was at ringside the whole time. Perhaps that's why he fires up the crowd. However, and explains the Battle Royal, he calls the wrestlers fighters. Ben tells us it uses sports language to explain the rules instead of going over the top rope. For instance, he says, go over the red barrier.
Speaker 3: And so on.
Speaker 2: So he's talking about crossing the plane and football out of bounds line. All right, I'll take it.
Speaker 3: That's not bad.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Ben also advises never do a drinking game, but the rule that you have to drink. When they mentioned the Battle Royal during the Munich show, they just can't stop mentioning that whole ho hack saw is the first guy out.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, everyone to get their fucking music in, like Jesus Christ, like one after the others. If we needed that on nineteen ninety two of them. Unnecessary is what it is. Dino comes out. They don't play his music, do they? They don't. I don't think he had. It's the fucking know what I mean in this like short return he had. Yeah, well they just fucking played the same song. Should have. Mattador Mustafa he's doing the bushwhacker walk for some reason. This thing he used to do. That's what he used to do. I don't under stand why that came from. Are you supposed to be ship?
Speaker 16: Like?
Speaker 3: What's wrong with you? Dude? That's something like the Iraqi bodyguards used to do. I don't know. All right, well, maybe I don't know Slaughter.
Speaker 2: Boys, Mounie, he's got the shock stick to the Battle Royal Nasties music, Davy Boy Repo Brett comes out no belt arms, high confident led with their peeled face paint or in the Battle Royal as well.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Mike McGirk introduces them as Legion of Doom Hawk, Legion of Doom Animal. I've heard road Warrior hawk. I've never heard that before. That's unnecessary. Don't do that again, Mike.
Speaker 3: Are they Legion of Doom Hawk and Legion of Doom Animal the Road Warriors, right, that would be that would be really really pathetic.
Speaker 2: Unlike the Road Warriors. Papa Shango comes out with reapplied face penal.
Speaker 3: It would appear.
Speaker 2: Here comes Shawn Michaels two for the Battle Royal with his sweaty hair, and Early and Carson are still waiting for Randy Savage to hit the ring, but the gong hits Bulldog. Maybe under the influence Ben Wrights, but he is also right. Lily says they had just heard that Savage does not compete anymore, will not compete anymore tonight, but he will compete at the upcoming tour dates. So they want you to know that dude to the postmatch attack, Randy Savage will not be in this Battle Royal, but if you have tickets to upcoming events on the circuit WAF European Rampage Tour, please they'll keep Randy's knocking.
Speaker 3: Please go, that's right, Please go. Please don't ask for a refund.
Speaker 2: Just to hear Ben says, Carston calls the wrestlers in the ring superstars. This is years before he has to call them superstars.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: Ben speculates maybe it was him that forced Vince McMahon to use that main event time. Here in the w FF European Rampage against Battle Royal, takes a while for them to do anything, and the Animal clutches hbk down onto Sherry and she barely launches. Shawn Michaels rather down onto Sherry and she barely catches him. Tough fall there for Shawn Michaels. Sherry's out cold on the outside, and Sean gathers her up and throws her over his shoulder and walks her and himself out of the match. There's lots of punching that was kind.
Speaker 3: Of weird, like, like, what was that about that he just fucking bailed. Why is he in there if he's just going to bail, just get both title match guys a pass, I guess. But they didn't want to do that. Well because again it kind of the show kind of resembles the fucking Royal Albert Hall one because the same thing happened where all the guys who were in the preliminary matches were all in the Battle Royal as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they just thought that was a lynchpin of coming to these new European markets, as you got to give him a Battle Royal apparently, So lots of punching and stomping as you can imagine, kind of aimlessly knobs hits the apron but rolls in. They pop for the possibility that he might be out of the match. Hawk comes off the middle rope and sledges SAgs while he's held open. Brett is hammocked on the ropes and Davy Boy actually saves Brett from elimination. That's fascinating, puzzling the crowd considering the nineteen ninety two they would go on to have. Right, It's funny you see Mounti holding Duggin's arms open and walking him around, but no one bothers to punch Dug and so he just lets him go. Hawk leverages Dino over and out of the rings, so Dino appears to be after Sean the first elimination. Brett is in periled and they get really nervous in the crowd that he might be eliminated. They get animated at that possibility again. Davy boy saves him and they like it very much. Dougan gets the USA chant going befo before he slugs away on the Repo Man Animal with a running shoulder check sends Brian Kobbs flying up and out of the match, Brett going to work on Papa Shango, and a preview of things to come in nineteen ninety two, right, who would have thought that would be a fucking Saturday Night's main event main event by the end of the year. Seriously jumps off the top into Davy Boy Smith's bear hug. Animal and Knobs are battling on the floor, so Animal must be gone too.
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 2: Dugan does ten time punches in the corner on Mounty and then does it to Repo Man. Davy Boy Smith does it to Repo Man as well, and Repo walks right into dug in and Dugan does it again, so he's playing ping pong here. Davy Boy then does it again, going rapid fire on Repo Man's head, and let's see when Repo Man finally falls after taking that litany of punishment. They totally missed the shot. They totally missed the flare flop pump. But that's that's life.
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 2: Mountie comes off the middle rope and has caught in the bread basket by Tito Santana. But the Mountie drops down and back drops Tito out of the Matchup, Brett, it's working on Javis.
Speaker 3: We're talking about. See that fucking Mounie again. Oh yeah, he's he's skillful, and I'm telling you he's he's fucking he's fucking brilliant. So probably he never won a battle royal frankly, I know, by the way, this one, uh, the not the entire match, but the probably Yeah. Well, actually, after after Mounei eliminating Tito, that's when the World Tour tape begins covering this match. So this match also on the w World Tour ninety two Colisseum video. Very interesting, right, I don't know why they didn't show the whole match. I mean, I guess they had maybe had time constraints or something, but it just seemed weird, like why not, why not do the whole match? But absolutely.
Speaker 2: It comes off the middle and his cut in the bread basket by Tito. Money drops down and back drops Tito out. As mentioned, Brett working on SAgs and Money breaks that up and dumps Brett. Brett's dumped out of Battle Royal by the Mountain is fucking hell. Davy Boy Smith's on the Mounie right away as a resultant slam SAgs. Let's see Hawker versus Reapaman and drops some of the clothesline reverse repo. Is that a financial transaction?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 3: Hawk charges at absolutely no one and he's gone dug in in the corner stomping by himself, goes over and grabs a front face log on the Mountie and Davy boys his mustafa up and over. As you know, it wasn't easy for Shiki to take those bumps. I now, especially at that point right one.
Speaker 2: He won the WrestleMania seventeen Legends Battle Royal because he couldn't get eliminated. Funny Mownie as knee catches SAgs when Dugan moves and knobs, smacks his face on the top rope. Mountie gives him a hug bear hug. A double whipping a double back elbow on Repo Man by Sargeant Slaughter and Davy Boy Smith. While Duggan is nogg and knocking SAgs and the Mountie together, Davy Boy shoots.
Speaker 3: In repo Man. There's a sunset flip, if you can believe it, sunset flip. Who's shooting? Dude?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 3: It's a good question, why all these great WW superstars? But yeah, I'll say he does the fucking son sadly and Sean Mooney and Lord Al on the call here, Uh, very confused about that rip a man with.
Speaker 23: A sunset flip. Then in this encatter's not going to help him much. That shows how trying to pin somebody, oh densey.
Speaker 2: And that they're laughing because Slaughter hit him with the weakest head slam backers you've ever seen into the mat. They laugh at him because it makes no noise. It's pretty wild that they had just like a clean commentary free version there to.
Speaker 3: Just talk right over. I know, it's pretty it's pretty wild.
Speaker 2: USA Chances dug and walks around punching people. Whip is reversed in Mountie takes a shot to the gut by Duggan and front flips on the cell. That's something he used to do quite well. Take a shot to the bread basket and front flip. Oh yeah, mount he's on the floor and interestingly they're counting him out, telling him we went back. Yeah, they the referees like counting them out as if like if you slip out under the ropes and a battle royal, that's really ten seconds to get back in. I don't know why they're an institute that, you know, to stop like the Jerry Lawler thing and the rumble. Yeah, yeah, it's true. I shouldn't be able to hide under the ring, Like why doesn't everyone try to do that? Why doesn't everybody as soon as the fucking everyone, as soon as they get in the rumble just go under the bottom rope and run to the back or something.
Speaker 3: And some people have character, have character, and I think they should institute that rule. It was a long way character there.
Speaker 2: There could also be a rule one year where you have ten seconds to get back in the ring if you go up and over brother.
Speaker 3: Whit what why I didn't think about the ramifications for Terry. He's having flashbacks test hid in ninety two. That could be a fucking thing, right there, the ramifications for Terry. That could be a whole.
Speaker 2: Duggan's working on SAgs, gets him slowly to the apron, and then mount he sneaks up and tosses Jim Dugging up and over, catching him off guard.
Speaker 3: He fucking he's a beast.
Speaker 2: Even though you caught him off guard, even though you could catch if you watch close, Lee dug and look backwards and like call Mounty over, like this is your cue. Repo whips t be up, not Dbasi, Davy Boy Smith, who drops him and who drops down and David Boy kicks him in the face and down to Sergeant Slaughter. Now Davy Boy Smith, Repo Man, the Mounie, and Jerry Saggs. That's who's left in this battle Royal.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: They they huddle and resolve to divide and conquer, and they all gang up on Sergeant Slaughter and suddenly he's teeter ring and Davy Boy makes the save and tosses Moune, tosses SAgs and tosses Repo Man, one after the other, Great great spot one at a time, and they pop for that big they face off. Sergeant Slaughter strikes and Ted and Davy boy Smith close lines for all off Slaughter's whips, so they're working together. Davy boy and Sergeant Slaughter double whip on Davy boy Smith, but he hits it, and then there's a double larryat I should say, from Jerry Saggs and the repo man. And now Sergeant Slaughter takes it as well.
Speaker 3: He goes down.
Speaker 2: The heels are gloating. Repo says, let's get all let's all three get him. They double whip and with the mount they're pushing both back. I don't know what that is, pushing both backs of the faces. Okay, they lock arms and hit a triple clothes line. Do the baby Faces they lock arms and hit a triple clothes line? Yeah, yeah, yeah, because it was like yeah, Mounie gets behind the other two guys and pushes them forward so they can hit a double clothes line with extra speed.
Speaker 3: I guess right.
Speaker 2: But after the baby Faces, Davy boy Smith and Sergeant Slaughter duck that triple clothes line, they come double clothes line. They come back and make it a triple and knock three guys down, and then Sergeant Slaughter tosses Repo man, Repo grabs his ankle, and Mountie sneaks up behind and tosses Sergeants Slaughter. Repo grabs the ankle of Sergeant Slaughter after he gets eliminated to keep him in place, and that allows Mounie to again, like you said, sneakily get a ton of eliminations here. I mean, he is like the MVP of this match.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he really. It is the only time I've ever really cared about I have cared about the Mountie. He just he is. He's all over the place. He has illuminated so many guys, and he's he's mattered in a way fascinating. And then Ben says that Carston loses his ship because Repo is helping to eliminate Slaughter. He says, the Repo man has helped from the outside. You've got to be kidding me. This can't be happening. He's ever watched a Royal romove before, or a Battle Royal or whatever, my mom.
Speaker 2: And then Bulldogs whipped to the corner. Mountie comes with a shock stick. He hits SAgs with it by mistake when the bulldog moves out of the way and Davy Boy clothesline SAgs out of the Battle Royal and then tosses out the moundie and they absolutely explode. As Carston says, incredible, this man rules over Europe. That is the British Bulldog. Davy Boys Smith.
Speaker 3: Comes back.
Speaker 2: It sure is, raises Davy Boy's hands as the music plays and Davy Boy salutes sergeants slaughter. A special relationship, you could say, but indeed the United Kingdom in America. Here Davy Boy makes his way over to Carston's announced position.
Speaker 3: Does and guess what, He's gonna bring that ship up again.
Speaker 4: I don't know how.
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 3: Okay, Like, why does he bring that up again? It's the only thing you can remember. I mean, seriously, I don't remember very much, but I remember the roll about all you have in England. And I won the Battle of Oil and the Royal Samoa Trophy. I gave it to die and I won it.
Speaker 7: I won?
Speaker 3: Did I win.
Speaker 14: The Stencil trophy in Munich? What if I walk around naked? You think they recognize the British boordog?
Speaker 3: Do you think you'll say all.
Speaker 21: The British Bulldog.
Speaker 3: I remember him from the Rule of It All.
Speaker 21: In Love in England. What do you want the Royal Sero Trophy in his hometown? Maybe every night I could run win it the Role over All, Mom, I won at.
Speaker 3: The Role of It All.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's the problem that should have ended the broadcast. That would still be talked about.
Speaker 15: To this day.
Speaker 1: He's a lapsed fan wrestling podcast with Jack n Carna Seo NJP Soorro.
Speaker 4: He's a lapsed fan wrestling.
Speaker 3: Podcast Ben Wrights. Bulldog seems to have substance issues if you ask me, Carston, he says, is stumbling over his words and basically says by to end this televive broadcast nineteen ninety two, Titan Sports freeze frame on Bulldog with his arms up and they fade out for this historic television broadcast. But that's not all.
Speaker 2: If you've got this VHS, there's more to it. We go to the announcer, guy Marcel Abua, who tells us that we're going to get personal information next about the Macho Man and the Hitman, and he hopes that we'll like it. So there's an interview. New interviewer now and play her name, Anya Stey Meyer and she was from the telefive Morning Show. Okay you Sayntel five, is that you're tele five? Yeah, she's sort of like the Katie Couric. I guess you could say.
Speaker 3: There we are. And she's interviewing first Randy Savage, and she seems to be very excited about it. Does she ask a question? First? What do you do to keep your body in good shape?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and thank you very much for noticing that. Yeah, let's see you all right, just a little bit of activity everywhere I can different type of different athletic events that I get ridy for, like co'm bucking swimming, yeah, run an inscription of all kinds and possibly weight lifting. You know, the whole thing rolled into one little nice package. Thank you very much. And by the way, you look, you're in a fit condition yourself. Am I wrong? Plus I got X ray visions? Oh yeah, everything's cool over here. Uh huh with Anya and the macho man.
Speaker 14: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Basically what I'm saying is I can see your tits and deep down and deep down I can get a little whiff of your spezel, if you know what I mean. Basically, what I'm saying is I can see your tits, it took you a long way to get there, didn't it. And she asks, and what is your daily menu? My daily menu as far as food goes? Get Ready, get ready what he's about to say. But the fact that he says, as far as food goes?
Speaker 4: But what else?
Speaker 3: The fuck are you talking about? Your daily menu on the steroidsystereoip right, your daily menu of injections, my daily menu as far as food goes? Okay, Elizabeth is a very very very good cook. You just want you to realize that big fucking beef strogan off there's something that she can make a good, big look he said. He says, big beef stroke you know. He says, beef strogan off is something that she can make. I feel like I'm feeling like the spice goes in and it comes out. So that's a special dish. Yeah, And Anya, I just want to let everybody realize that she and this by Anya, I just want to every let everyone realize that she and I are in fact divorced. I just want to let everyone know that I'm really He doesn't say that, doesn't say that is that far not here? No, he says that to fucking uh uh Regis and Kathy Lee on a fucking live show that they did. That's the greatest thing ever. I just want to let everyone know that I'm really glad to be in Germany, and i just want to say, oh yeah to everybody out there to realize that when they watch the macho Man go down that aisle, that I'm really in fit condition ready for those people in the world wrestling entertainment that have habits, what have habits other than my own? Yeah, and those people are sometimes three hundred, four hundred, five hundred pounds one hundred the giant size. Yeah, so I go to be quicker than they are. Uh huh read between the lines on you Yeah, in seeing that war. Basically, what I'm saying is I know how to create a sense of satisfaction for you that you never realize possible. Wait, what I like?
Speaker 4: What I like?
Speaker 3: Second best? After? She said, asked a question, Oh, I'm not sure what it is. What do you like second cat? Yes, that's what I like. Second bist after wrestling is the beach scene type situation? The beach scene type situation, he says, Beat b e a T. Really is he talking about going clubbing? All right? All right, well, still beat scene type situation. I think what he's referring to is dos fung he beat. Yes, it's still the the phrasing beat scene type situation. That's not that's not a proper verbiage. He's all over the plum the beat and what I like second bist after wrestling. He's the beat scene type situation with Elizabeth and I like good music. I like to get into the sound system type of thing. Uh get. I like to get into the sound system type of thing and get with vibrations that I feel at the time that I'm doing it.
Speaker 7: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: And Elizabeth helps me to decide on that at different times a day.
Speaker 4: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: Read between the lines, uh huh. Fucking says read between like he's not making any sense. Yeah, well, I also think he's I don't know. I think he's saying this is when we're fucking much. Yeah, they're doing like ecstasy and stuff. Right right now, I'm working on a hord on right now in the Kingdom of the Madness, waiting for the thunder to pass in order to work up a sweat with that one way ticket to the one two three dig it. That's good.
Speaker 5: That was all you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was when we take it to and then she asked, what are the characteristics of a good wrestler. Well, I don't know, Well, I don't know. I want to leave it that, thank you. Sometimes, m I think that the best way you can tell is look over his shoulder. Huh, what's over his shoulder? What's over here?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: Not this one, but this one the world rustling in the Worldwide Entertainment Championship Belt. Other people have held it in the past, some three hundred, four hundred and five hundred pounds, like I said before, but at this particular time, I don't know how many stones I weigh or anything like that. The macho man Randy Savage has good speed back in his hotel room. And if you want to come back, we hard things out so you have speed. Maybe taking a couple of measures of a musical tune. Get that thumping and pumping until the sun comes up. Uh huh, not cooking, but keep it in good physical condition anytime that you participate, as far as visually or actually they're in person, or just realize that the fact that I get into what I do, what we do, just like now talking with you, Anya and Elizabeth wanted to tell you. Helloh, so that message has been delivered. I'm telling you. Yes, there's some stuff that I added in there, but not much, okay, not much. In fact, all I added in there was what we do. I added bet for you. I was like mine any message in Germany. No, no, maybe I get that. But the main thing is that enthusiasm makes the difference. And anything that you do, whether it's dancing on tables, milking cows in the backyard, are waking up the blastic bag on your head. When I'm in the square circle, I'm really uh huh perceptive about what's happening inside the ring. And that's what everybody needs to do with whatever you're doing, whatever kind of work that they're doing, just like you right now with the microphone, zeroing it in and asking these tough questions of the macho man. Randy Savage, I thought whole Cogan, and he hasn't delivered it like you have.
Speaker 4: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: On you together, tougher than lightning.
Speaker 4: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'll defend the belt against you sometime, or maybe you can just du my belt and which I'll whip out the macho cock if you catch my drift. But you gotta get pescils a bit before you get to the champ all right, okay, good, don't wear the same color on Huh that would be bad. Oh yeah, everybody out there, dig it, gotta go deliver that mail. Yeah. I don't know where the fantasy ends reality. That is part of the problem in it. And how much more excited is on your interview Brett Hart? Much more excited. I've got this whole one. Just listen.
Speaker 2: I can't think of a more fitting way to end this thing, Cotter where we started. Just you can cut the tension with a knife and see the mischievous look on Brett Hart's face and his eyes darting off camera.
Speaker 3: Like listen, all right, he's got one thing on his mind, and so does She's be fair to him. So does she wants listen exactly? She knows. There are two things that she knows. What's that She's gonna fuck the macho man and she's gonna fuck Brett Hart. She's christ It's gonna happen. Anya is the predator, all right, and these fucking clowns are her prey. She's in charge, and she's gonna get what she wants and get what she fucking needs. You do you think that people are born for being a wrestler.
Speaker 15: I think I was born to be a wrestler.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 15: That's a tough question. I would say no. I never had any aspirations to ever become a wrestler. Just just happened.
Speaker 3: Fate. What do you like, second fight or fake? It's just fake?
Speaker 11: Best after wrestling? Oh, your wife?
Speaker 15: I don't know.
Speaker 16: No, I don't know, not not with my schedule, ship travel that goes well with the job. Traveling comes in right behind wrestling.
Speaker 11: M What do you do to keep your body in good shape?
Speaker 15: I knew we're going to get to that. I wrestle.
Speaker 16: Wrestling keeps you pretty much in shape. And then aside from that, you you you learn to work out about six six days a week, five six days a week with free weights will help you, and and bicycleaning and things like that will help you with your cardiovascular But generally, if you wrestle enough like I do, and wrestle as hard as I do, you'll stay in pretty good shape.
Speaker 11: For how long are you training each day?
Speaker 15: About an hour and a half only, well that was wrestling. It makes it.
Speaker 3: That's enough. You don't want to.
Speaker 11: Get overtired, right, and what's your favorite meal?
Speaker 16: My favorite meal, well, i'd have to say my favorite male is meat, any kind of meat, steak or beef.
Speaker 15: I'm from Canada.
Speaker 16: I'm from Calgary, where I think he got the best beef in the world where I live, and I eat all the beef I can wherever I can.
Speaker 2: Brother what he's trying to get something across what he says. He's having fun with this and I don't know what. Who's expensive.
Speaker 3: Maybe he's talking about roast, be sandwich, roast, curtains going on and that's what he's going for. And when he said when he said, I knew we were going to get to that. When she asks him about how he stays in shape, yeah, he he knows it's going down and he's not going to take cameo questions about it, Okay, basically basically you know, she says, He says, I know, he basically because she's asking me about his stamina. How much? How long can he go? Is that what it is? Exactly?
Speaker 12: What's your message, especially for the female of your female fans of Germany.
Speaker 16: My message to them, well, from watching the news and stuff, my my first message or my main message would be, Uh, don't do drugs. Stay away from drugs would be the main thing I would say to all little girls, young girls, any girls, and actually all young people everywhere.
Speaker 15: And I think that's that says enough for the first thing.
Speaker 4: Anyway, you do have a lot of female fans.
Speaker 11: What does your girlfriend say to that?
Speaker 15: Uh, they all kind of got to live with it. I don't know. I don't, I don't. I don't know what what makes somebody, you know, handsome to a to a woman.
Speaker 16: If if that's how girls perceive me as a sex symbol, then that's fine.
Speaker 15: I guess that's good for me.
Speaker 16: But mostly I think of myself as a wrestler, technical wrestler.
Speaker 15: I'm the excellence of execution. I'm a professional wrestler. I'm the best wrestler in the world.
Speaker 16: And I'm not really in it for the for the looks or the girls and all that's really nice, But really I'm just after the wrestling and the and the money and the glory and all the good.
Speaker 3: Things that come with it.
Speaker 11: Well, you mentioned the money.
Speaker 4: What do you do with the money?
Speaker 16: Well, most of it? I say, Well, I try, I try. I save some when I spend some. I could use a good accountant, give me a good German one.
Speaker 11: Okay, thank you very.
Speaker 3: Much, and then went off and fucked my god. I just.
Speaker 2: The way he's they're gonna have to live with it as girlfriends. He's married, right, Uh, you should know my wife isn't at the top of the list with not with my schedule. He doesn't care, right, I mean the fact that this is I mean greanted.
Speaker 3: I know he he assumes it's never going to be seen on American television, right, and that Americans are going to see it, But like or a Canadian for that matter, but like what you're saying this on television tremendous, Like you're saying this on a televised interview. What are you doing?
Speaker 16: Man?
Speaker 2: I know what he's doing. Shooting is shot, damn fucking sharp. Shooting is shot. Right, And with that we bring to a conclusion. I couldn't think of a more fitting end. Our coverage of WWF European Rampage again nineteen ninety two April nineteen ninety two to be exact, Munich, Germany, and again huge shout out and thanks to our friend Ben from me, Oh yeah, tremendous possible from the jump, I mean absolutely an unapproachable show from anywhere near this level of depth without his native tongue and his his his his keen eye for the the stones to overturn and the paths to go down. This is a special one and we're putting it up on the shelf, and a little bit of a European rampage of our own going on here at TLF Humbas. Indeed, I would say just that anymore to come from that, many more chapters to come from that book, and so many more as we roll on, and we'll see you next time on that fucking cast.
Speaker 3: Is a production of the Laps Entertainment Group. Its content is intended for preven use only.