Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: John. It is six oh five here at Kentucky and his morning news on news Radio eight forty whas Nick Coffee, Scott Fitzgerald, you just heard John Shannon there. We also have John Alden running the operation. And John told me some good news earlier. He got a nap in. He got a napping.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I got a ninety minute nap in yesterday. And as you mentioned earlier in the show, Nick, that is very hard to come by when you have a baby that is still in the newborn phase. But thankfully both my wife and I were able to get a little shut eye yesterday afternoon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just wanted to tell you this as hard as it it's okay, sorry, as it is, as tough as it is at times, just with you know, running on fumes and this stage of the of being a new parent, it can be it can be taxing, to say the least. I'm going to tell you what a billion people told me, and I thought they were sincere. I never thought they were lying. It's just it becomes repetitive and you're really in such a different state of mind when you become a new parent. But it does in fact go fast. So we have three different eras of here, Scott, your kids are old enough to be starting college now in college. My son he'll start school next year, kindergarten. My daughter, she's eight. And obviously John just became a parent. And yesterday this it was so my son's birthday was on Sunday, and yesterday marked five years exactly that he came home from the hospital, which was also yesterday, was the first day he ever went to a to a camp. He went to a basketball camp. And I'm just thinking, where does where does time go? So I'll be I'll be the person that tells you what you've probably heard a million times, John, that it goes by fast. So just you know, cherish it, soak it all in because you'll miss it. It may sound crazy, but you'll miss it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, remember the firstlas nights though, I do think, and there's already moments that I miss, Like she was so small when we brought her home, because she was early, and that was a unique thing about our daughter compared to most people who have you know, babies that go all the way to term. And now she's the regular sized baby and so and obviously we want her to grow, but it's still one of those things where you back on it like wow, like she was so tiny just seven weeks ago and now she's a regular sized human baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it goes quick, and at that stage they it changes really really quick. I mean, yeah, I have a nephew who is a little I think he's right around two months old, and I was looking at a picture within like a ten day window of a picture that I had with him, and then I saw him and I'm like, it looks not doesn't look like a different kid. But man, a lot of growth in such a little amount of time, in those early days, weeks and months of you know, of a human's life. But there's so many different AI platforms that can do so many different things for you. And I'm sure that'll be a continued conversation just because it never ceases to amaze me what artificial intelligence can do. But there's an app called Visify that will let you take a picture of your child and you can put in their age, and I think you upload multiple different pictures of your kid and you can then see what they'll look like is they get old. And I can't do it. I don't think I'm already worried about my kids growing up too fast when I look at I mean, social media has been a great way to always go back and look at pictures that you post, and you know that wasn't around whenever I was a kid. So I'm sure my parents wish they had more pictures of me and my sister, Or maybe they don't. I don't know. Maybe that's just me thinking that they do. But what I'm saying is when I go back and look at pictures of them a couple of years ago and see how much they've grown, it makes me sad. If I was to see a picture of what my son or my daughter may look like when they're teenagers or when they're you know, young adults, it would it would first of all, I think it would look really very much realistic, which would scare me, and I would it would make me though, well, now I've already seen what they're gonna look like, you know, I guess I'll just, you know, try to make the most of these years.
Speaker 3: I can imagine saving the AI photo and then comparing them with what they actually look like at whatever year you've chosen to see them grow up.
Speaker 2: I mean, would anybody be shocked if you did that and it was accurate.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't know.
Speaker 4: It's almost like you guys are in the same church, different pere. Remember when folks didn't want to know the sex of their child, Yeah, and we didn't with our kids.
Speaker 1: I purpose, was.
Speaker 2: It more traditional at that time or was it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think it was just true.
Speaker 4: The technology wasn't Yeah, and it was traditional, but with both our kids we decided we did not want to know the sex of our kids. We had an idea and that was awesome. But you know, everybody runs a different race. Everybody's painting it with a different br Some folks like to know because then you can from pare a nursery, you from hair clothes, et cetera.
Speaker 1: And that's great.
Speaker 4: But what my wife did really good at was at the time unisex rooms were the way to go, and she did.
Speaker 1: A great job.
Speaker 4: So it turns out for us we preferred that option. And like hearing you guys talk about AI, I don't know that I want to know what my kids are going on.
Speaker 2: Well, I can tell you this. I would have been okay the first time around not knowing and been surprised. My wife much different and she she kind of calls the shots when it comes to that kind of thing. And I do think after we had our daughter Maya, the scenario where well, for us, it was Okay, we want to know because we need to find out or we're going to have to buy boy clothes because if not, we keep all these hand me downs and that saves a lot of stuff. So but I would have been I think I I would have been excited of the anticipation of not knowing what you're going to have. But yeah, good stuff. All right, We've got another update of traffic and weather coming your way right here, right now. It is six' ten At. Kentucky it's morning news on News radio eight FORTY whas six Sixteen here At kentucky its Morning. News Good wednesday morning to, You. Nit coffee with, you don't forget. You guys can take us with you wherever you. Go listen live on THE Ahet radio. App also listen live AT whas dot. Com the continued growth of The louisville film industry has been well covered in recent. Years a lot Of pigton. Productions in, fact in twenty twenty, FOUR i think there were a total of twenty seven films that were produced here in the city Of, louisville Which i'm sure some of you have seen the crews that are in place when these things are in production and they're, filming and it's hard to not notice it Because i've never been on A hollywood, set OR i guess just a movie set where they're filming a movie and not a big surprise that there's a whole lot that goes into that to where it's hard to not notice what they're. Doing it's not somebody out there with a camera and a few. PEOPLE i, mean usually there's a lot OF i, mean they had to shut blocks down in order to you, know film certain things and. Whatnot so to, me That's i'm kind of a nerd for that. Stuff but once once we get to The Louisvill gardens and that renovation being, COMPLETED i mean there's a ten million dollar investment that's going to transform The Louisville gardens to a state of the art production. STUDIO i mean this it's going to be i think two indoor, soundstages forty thousand square feet of office, space and they're trying to put trying to attract more major film and television, productions which is good for the. City there's no doubt about. IT i, mean The Hollywood reporter has Mentioned louisville as one of the up and coming locations for film, production which again that's. Exciting, however there's currently a film that is that WAS i think filming it had just gotten started Late april Early, may and it happens to feature a pretty well though and i'd say pretty famous. Actor but the crew AND i don't know the specifics of, it do have some details we can get to later when we reset, this but they're on. STRIKE i guess there's some there's a there's there's a fight to GET i guess, better better, resources better accommodations for those that are working on this. Film but while they're working that, out this big name, Actor Terrence howard is apparently still In. Louisville there's people who are seeing him out and about and taking. Pictures and if it was, ME i would AND i didn't know that they were filming movie here and he was. HERE i, MEAN i think if you google it you'll find. Out but IF i was to just see, HIM i don't. Know Walking let's say we're pulling out of the parking garage and he's sit right here on the corner Of Fifth. STREET i would just, assume, well there's no way That's Terrence howard because that would be that would be way too, random, Right why would he be at ten thirty am on the, block you, know in Downtown. Louisville so you gotta one if your celebrity and you are spotted in a. Place let me give you an. Example if you see if It's Derby week and you see somebody in, there you, know Near Churchill, downs you would be more more willing to, Believe, okay that really Is Brad, pitt that really is you know, whoever some big name. Celebrity, yeah but so seeing, them AND i think people who see celebrities and want to get the, selfie they're clearly going to be really excited and it's going to be oh, WOW i can't believe you know you're. Here but there's gotta be some there's got to be a time where you not not you not meeting. Us But i'm sure there's many over the years that have had an encounter with a celebrity and just refuse to believe that was actually, them but it was you know WHAT i, Mean YEAH i did.
Speaker 1: THAT i did. THAT a couple of. Times.
Speaker 4: ONE i Saw wayne fonce when he coached The. Lions we went to The. Raiders we were out on The West coast and we were just hanging out And Wayne fonce came walking by. Us the other one And i'll never forget, this this was at the height of his, heyday was WHEN i Saw Howard. STERN i used to go To New York city on vacation WHEN i was a single guy AND i could afford to do.
Speaker 1: It and this was back in the early.
Speaker 2: Nineties but you knew it Was. Stern you knew, it so that wouldn't.
Speaker 4: Believe, well, yeah the time is bigger than, life and you get that feeling inside. You we're, like holy you know, what That's Howard. Stern you, KNOW i know exactly what you're talking.
Speaker 1: About.
Speaker 2: Dude, YEAH i want to reset this a little bit, later because, AGAIN i think the random celebrity sightings that ended up being. TRUE i mean most people probably have questions, like what the hell are you doing? Here, Yeah usually you find out there's a, reason a filming of, something or maybe they just you, know for whatever, reason ended up in a place you would never. EXPECT i have a story actually WHERE i ended up running into somebody WHO i refused to believe was such, person then later found out that it, Was so we can get it that a little bit later. On but we do have another update On traffick and weather coming up right. Now scott has an update on sports coming up in five, minutes and we are ten minutes away from your latest news update From John. Shannon It's kentucky and It's Morning news at six twenty right here on News radio eight forty. Whas thank, You, john at is six thirty five Here kentucky and It's Morning news On NewsRadio eight forty. Whas, so if you are active On, facebook Maybe, instagram MAYBE x you might have seen some folks posting photos Of Terrence, howard who has been In louisville filming a movie THAT i guess is on pause because of a strike with the production. Crew and the latest PICTURE i saw was. YESTERDAY i don't know when it was. Taken it might actually be you just never. Know somebody could have taken the picture weeks. Prior but he is here, filming and there has been some coverage of him being, spotted and that fascinates me just because if you did not know that the movie was being filmed, here you would just, assume, well there's just no way HE'S i think he was at a breakfast spot maybe in The. Highlands that then that's what ended up getting getting some news. Coverage BUT i don't have a story quite like. That but have you ever seen the Movie harold And. Kumar, yeah with. It SO i was In Kansas. City this was years, ago AND i was at a casino sports bar AND i was really just buying time BEFORE i had to catch a cab to go to the airport and. Leave AND i wasn't REAL i was only there like maybe actually probably less than forty eight, hours SO i wasn't really familiar with the. Facility they had a comedy club AND i didn't know. It and WHILE i was sitting at the, bar just getting a meal and a couple of drinks BEFORE i head to the airport and, LEAVE i spotted somebody across from me that looked, really really. Familiar But i'm, thinking, well there's no way that would be too, random and it was somebody sitting by. Himself he was noticeably there longer than, most AND i was there longer than most because AGAIN i was just killing. TIME i had to check out AND i was waiting for my waiting for my cab to come and get. Me that was back before you did uber lyft and all that kind of. Stuff and it turns out it Was john cho who is who is In harold And. Kumar AND i don't think he's actually known much for stand, up but he was doing some type of stand up thing because they had a comedy club in the. Casino AND i, just you, KNOW i just assumed it would be too random for him being, here you, know killing time on a weekday at like. Noon you, know it just wasn't something you expected to. See AND i don't know IF i would have had any kind OF i, mean HAD i known for sure it was, HIM i don't know IF i would have walked up and, said, hey, Hello i'm a. Fan it's just not really my. Nature i'm more of an. Introvert but you got to think if your celebrity this ding. Is if You're Terrence howard and you're walking around Downtown louisville and people come up to, you nine out of ten people who have an interaction with, you maybe maybe ten out of ten would more so say, hey CAN i get a? Picture CAN i get a, Selfie like autographs have to be. Dead what are you doing with an autoback of a celebrity? Anymore let's it's memorabilia with like.
Speaker 1: Sports, yep that's a great.
Speaker 4: Point AND i think you can tell when you see the celebrities that don't want to be. Bothered oh, sure because they're all done. Up you know they're, celebrity but there, sunglasses the, hat so you leave them. Alone but, YEAH i saw the same picture you did Of Terrence, howard AND i Think terrence would be okay.
Speaker 2: Where he gave the. Smirk, yeah, yeah AND i think he would be. Okay it's like if You're i'm answering your question by looking at you like this that this is.
Speaker 1: Me yeah, Yeah AND i think you'd be okay with people coming. Up and we've seen that.
Speaker 4: Before and it was funny BECAUSE i was looking at some of the other Films, nick when you brought that, up of films that are made here In.
Speaker 1: Louisville obviously the most favorite of. Stripes oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah and if you go back and White, stripes you can see the different landmarks and how downtown has.
Speaker 1: Changed it's.
Speaker 2: Funny growing UP i had had friends who's, parents.
Speaker 1: So, YEAH i. WAS i was an.
Speaker 2: EXTRA i was if you go to if you go to this part of the movie at this, minute you'll see me in that.
Speaker 1: Ground well, see and that's.
Speaker 4: IT i love my Old kentucky dinner train Because i'm a big train. Nerd and when my wife took me, down it did not realize That stripes was. Filmed they took us right by the place that we thought Was, czechoslovakia and so now it.
Speaker 1: Was it was there In.
Speaker 4: Bardstown but you Had secretariat was filmed, here which was a good.
Speaker 1: Movie. Elizabethtown that's. Right it was filmed just down.
Speaker 4: Here AND i remember coming down here One, saturday AND i still haven't figured out which film it. Is but they were filming outside the selback about two thirty in the. Morning, Wow and it was a it was a nineteen thirty setup because they had all the Old dusenberg's out, front and it was very elaborate and they were moving equipment. Around And joe AND i have been trying to figure out which movie they were, filming and we don't know. Yet so if you, know It's scott AT whs dot, com shoot me an.
Speaker 1: Email i'd love to.
Speaker 2: Know AND i wouldn't be shocked if you have NEVER i think you can be someone who's who wouldn't have a clue as far as what to expect visually when someone is producing a, film, Right but when you see, it you, know just because not only you can see some clear signs of some type of, filming some type of, production but, man there's so much that goes into, it which is why you see those who are behind the scenes now going on strike fighting for better wages and just being taken care of, better because despite not being on the big, screen they're a big part of us being able to see things on the big.
Speaker 4: Screen, oh there were people humping big boxes out of. Trucks to your, POINT i came right around the corner right here At Forest street AND i saw it AND i knew immediately what it was because you see the. Lights but people humping, stuff moving, stuff two thirty in the, morning and yet they're still not making the money they. Deserve SO i love the fact that you brought this story up and the fact that The Louisville gardens is completing its, renovation and these are great things that happened in this, city and this is how we reinvent.
Speaker 1: Ourselves, sure we.
Speaker 4: Always will have the bourbon, trail but as we've, seen bourbon isn't as white hot as what it used to.
Speaker 1: Be so now we can move on to the next.
Speaker 4: Thing and that's WHERE i think The mayor's office for aggressively pursuing something like, this that's.
Speaker 2: Awesome there are a few sightings that have taken place In kentucky in some random, spots and there was clearly an, Explanation BUT i don't. Know If i'm Pretty i'm pretty. NAIVE i GUESS i just would assume there's no. Way But matthew McConaughey in twenty sixteen was in Lawrence burg filming an ad campaign for Wild turkey. Bourbon Johnny depp as recent as twenty twenty two was spotted with family In owensboro because obviously he's got some roots here In. Kentucky and Then Channing tatum back in twenty seventeen was In, morehead and that one was a little bit before things just go crazy viral on social to WHERE i think there was like a couple of days where The moorhead residents were, like there's people running around town saying they Saw Channing. Tatum if you hear that like at a gas station or at A i don't, know at a. Restaurant you're, thinking all you guys are full of. It why the heck Would Channing tatum being? Morehead it turns out he. Was he was there part of some type of. Production so, yeah you just never, know never. Know All, Right we've got another update a traffic in weather coming your way right here On New's radio eight forty whas it is six forty five here At kentucky and this morning, news meaning we are about ten minutes away from another sports update From Scott. Fitzgerald and Obviously louis Of baseball's got some real. Momentum AND i wouldn't say that it's unexpected success because day McDonald AT u OF l has proven to be a pretty successful. Coach it's just been a little while since it had. Happened a lot of things have changed in college sports over the years that have made it maybe not as some have probably benefited from this meeting that they now have the ability to utilize resources to succeed more so than they did prior to their being the portal and, nil but a lot of people still trying to find their footing in this new, world AND i think that was a factor in louis of baseball's slide in recent. Years but obviously now just two wins away From omaha and they're hosting a super regional and dam McDonald pretty excited about that and an anniversary. Here so twenty YEARS i think it is since the stadium open and now they're bringing in probably a big crowd this weekend to see who can punch their ticket To.
Speaker 5: Omaha how fitting in the twenty year anniversary of Opening Jim Patterson, stadium we get a chance to host a super. Regional so the good news is my phone is blowing up and a lot of people are asking for.
Speaker 1: Tickets and the bad news.
Speaker 5: Is my phone is blowing up and a lot of people are asking the, tickets AND i appreciate, you but.
Speaker 1: You, KNOW i only have so.
Speaker 5: Many SO i hope they can make the investment and get fortunate enough and get In Jim patterson's stadium, here.
Speaker 2: So that it's a real. Sign as somebody who did sports talk for nearly ten years And i've been A louisville fan my whole, life that's one of the factors when you can really sense the, buzz the excitement is when you've got text chains going around with your friends that are. Fans hey you, going you got? Tickets you, know anybody's selling ANY i want to be, THERE i want to. Go where are we? Pregaming and that is certainly going, on so good, times no. Doubt and, look dam McDonald's recent struggles And scott you brought it up earlier this, week just the conversation and it's been a conversation really for years as far as just how long do you think day McDonald's going to stick around? Here And i'm assuming this this bodes well for his future given the run the, throng but you really never. Know but any talk about his future really never had anything to do with him not being the guy For. Louisville it's just sometimes things run their. Course and obviously you got to wonder if maybe he's had some thought about has he done as much as he could do? Here and the Reason i'm bringing this up is Because dan McDonnell is one of the best representatives Of louisville athletics that you'll. FIND i don't know anybody that has ever had any encounter with him that was not a positive. ONE i know he's made such an impact on so many people in the, community not just people that he, coaches BUT i, mean he's a beloved guy around here for good. Reason AND i think we've been reminded of that with not only his success And louisville baseball being back in the news at a big level now that we're here in the. Postseason but there have been some coaches showing their rear end here in the last couple of. Days AND i may spoke too. SOON i think The Coastal carolina coach who called out The florida coach we played that sound for you, YESTERDAY i mean that that's just something you don't hear very. Often is somebody to be that that direct and that you, know there was no beating around the, bush making it quite clear he was unhappy and it was unacceptable the way that their facility's crew was treated As Coastal carolina was. Hosting SO i don't want to say that that's good for, baseball BUT i think at, times if you do have just something that you don't see another, sports that could bring more attention to, it more. Eyeballs but maybe there's also the side that maybe baseball coaches don't realize that when you are ON tv and you are in a bigger, spotlight you got to be mindful of things you do and. Say and this really Has this is something that shouldn't take, place regardless if there's a camera around, you if there's anybody around. You But Wake, forest their baseball, coach was caught on camera during their game Against tennessee On sunday, saying AND i guess there's no way to know exactly who he was talking, about but it was quite clear what he. Said he used a homophobic, slur AND i mean it's plain as. Day and credit To Wake Forest athletic director and vice President John, curry who did lead to recentlease a statement And i'll read it for you years, Say i'm most surprised and deeply disappointed in our head baseball Coach Tom walter for his outbursting last night's baseball. GAME i feel badly for those most hurt by such. WORDS i spoke with Coach walter immediately after the game and again this morning to address the, incident which is completely out of character for him and does not meet the standards Of Wake Forest, Athletics Wake Force, university or The Atlantic Coast. Conference now WHAT i think is insanely. Weak is the statement From Tom. Walter don't know this, guy wouldn't know him if you walked in here and introduced. Himself but here's the. Quote i'm very sorry from outburst and frustration last, night AND i recognized the hurt and disappointment it has. Caused i've seen the, videos and WHILE i do not remember the specific, moment clearly that language doesn't reflect my values or the standards of this. Program YadA, YadA, YadA blah blah. BLAH i, mean it's bad enough to say, that BUT i, feel you, KNOW i feel like this, guy IF i can be, blunt this guy sucks worse now to me than he did prior to his, apology because to say that you don't, remember, yeah really speaks that you can't read a. Room and for you to assume that there's anybody with a brain that would see what you said and then believe that you think WHAT i never, said THAT i don't even remember it must have just you, know must have blocked, Out like come, on, dude like just own. It, yeah own.
Speaker 1: It the cover up is always worse than the crime.
Speaker 2: Itself and, YEAH i mean owning it is still gonna not going to remove the. Action but it's the best case scenario when you're in that. Spot but, YEAH i, mean how about SOME pr. COACHING i, mean, YEAH i don't remember the. Moment get out of.
Speaker 4: Here, yeah people respect, that and they'll know who you. Are WHEN i used to work in retail and the people would ask me. Questions to be, HONEST i can't give you that answer BECAUSE i don't know in they one.
Speaker 2: Respect, now the only chance anybody is going to move on from you doing something that of course is a big hit to your character is to you, know and they may never get over it and move on from, it but they're certainly not going to if you still refuse to fully be accountable for.
Speaker 5: It.
Speaker 2: Amen your next update of Trafficking weather's coming up right, here right, now and also another update of sports From scott right here on News radio eight forty whas