Speaker 1: This is a Fatal four podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Tournament of Fighters, the World Tournament, the World Martial Arts Tournament. Are you ready to fight for your life? Time to die, live and let die? It is Ultimo dragon Ball. I'm your host, will join me as usual CAD's wheeler.
Speaker 1: I want to fight for my right to party.
Speaker 2: You know most boy, it's the show over God, I wish, but no, it can never be over because we need your support. It's never over. No. Apollo says that not Rocky, is it. Yeah, Paul when they're training for Rocky says tomorrow and Pola says it's no, There's never tomorrow. But I said it's never over. Yeah, that same ship anyways.
Speaker 1: Also, I can't I can't do a black voice.
Speaker 2: So please don't see folks. If you wish for the dragon Balls, I could be healed. Send me a sen Zu bean because I'm clearly still suffering from posting needs with your according to my doctor, with your help, if you like, subscribe share this podcast. I can cure myself. I can. I can. I could be like Dennis from Always Sunny. I go yeah, and then I'll be healed. But that's not coming on that you support the show, you have to support our other podcasts at four pods dot com. We talked about the best of the super Juniors on our Japanese wrestling podcast. What's about other stuff on the other podcasts, like other American wrestling movies, television, all that fun stuff. We also have a Patreon patre on that copstie for a pod where you can find at free versions of this show. We have a discord, We have a whole deep catalog. We also have a movie podcast where we talk about the dragon Ball movies. Uh, mystery saying theater and this week or this month or other we talk about BoJack. Yes, but until then they so much were listening. And once again, Kaz, how are you doing.
Speaker 1: I'm doing very well. Well, it's it's been a rather easy, pleasant day to day, so I'm doing very well. How about yourself? I am doing okay. Now you might have post nasal trip, but I've just got the trip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, brave Leaquidge. Yes, So we have episodes one five, one O six, and one O seven. So I didn't want to do that because I sounded fucking stupid, but glad you did it. So our first episode, actually the last episode of the great, saying man saga, Oh okay, interesting, and then after that we start the world term in saga. But let's talk about this last episode, first episode one five, the Dragon team fully assembled. Goku has come back. Well clearly he didn't come back because he had go ted. So anyways, I.
Speaker 1: Was trying to figure out a joke too, mad you got there first.
Speaker 2: But that can fly now. I don't know how she did it. She's just a regular as human, but I guess she figured it out. Things are go on, But like Krillin's human, you can do it, you know what, You're right? Okay, yeah, you're right. I guess I forgot yamp can do it. I forget the regularly sometimes.
Speaker 1: And if Yamchi can do it, anybody can do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's like a charity case. Yes, it's like at minimum, you could at least learn to fly.
Speaker 2: Fair enough. Here's a question.
Speaker 1: She says, Yeah, do we think she she can fly? But she just doesn't do it.
Speaker 2: I know she can learn how to.
Speaker 1: I definitely think she could learn, like very I think she'd take it do it very easily.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but she was just had Goku on the ready. So so they were talking about their personalized a bit, and uh, you know, Dell was talking about how like she would never be dating because like you have to beat up my dad to ever date me, which is very fascinating concept.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I still have tons of questions about the mother, but I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, Well we did they do find out that she left?
Speaker 1: Yes, unsurprising.
Speaker 2: I don't know. How have you seen that man? I have.
Speaker 1: I cannot imagine being around him all the time, so that I also can't imagine letting him hit.
Speaker 2: Do you think he's packing unpacking? Dude?
Speaker 1: No, look at those Do you think those muscles are legit? That dude's on the gas?
Speaker 2: It's all chicken breast brother. We talk about no cast, no gas, no brakes, just meet in protein. Yeah, I believe that I don't need that blue choo were talking about. Imagine him on a Conrad podcast talking about talking about blood. Now mister saying, please talk about the Bluetoobe podcast right now speaking what did you see that clip of JR? I heard about it. I haven't seen it yet. He's like, you know what we need, we need a glove And Conrad's what kind He's like, you know, kind of jack off with what hold on? What.
Speaker 1: I don't think I ever. I just heard the chair, I said some weird ship. I didn't hear the I didn't get up. The actual content was, what do you mean the glove?
Speaker 2: See? I thought he was like, I thought he's gonna like the Miners cold glove match or something like that. I did. That's what I was assuming was it was gonna be a reference to as well. Well, No, bro just wanted to jack off with a glove.
Speaker 1: I'm forcing myself to not imagine.
Speaker 2: That at all. I'm waking. I'm waking barbecue shosh all over my glove.
Speaker 3: Oh no, anyways, speaking of freaks, uh, Vidella asks about uh Gohan and his his father, and.
Speaker 1: We needed to a references first before we get to that, because Videll does say that she hasn't sparred with her father's and they were so she was small, yes, and she's so she still thinks he's actually like he's gimmicked. Yeah, yeah, she still buys into the gimmick, still working her. Yeah, both they're both keeping k Fave alive.
Speaker 2: So she's like, oh, where did you learn how to fight? Like, oh, yeah, my friend and my dad Goku AND's like yeah, he's dead. He could be back, and like, how do you explain that to a regular person? But sometimes it turns out need to. Honestly, it's sort of a decent excuse, like, oh, like she he's he's divorced and he's coming along with a new lady. He's dead to your mom. I'm like, yeah, basically, sure, you know what good excuse m hm. In in reality, Gokus is a terrible father. Yes, so uh we go back. Is this when she needs to go to visit her dad?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she leaves, and then we fast forward like ten days and uh we just we see everybody sparring, right, and we're just training Yeah yeah, go Han and Goten and just throwing down. Vegeta's shocked that Trunk can do a single finger push.
Speaker 2: Up in the gravity room.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's just hilarious, like whatever, my big numbers a thousand finger pushed ups and video just like what the fuck? Pickles just meditating as usual, yes, just croaking in the air. Yeah, well she's just chilling.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And the vdels beat the ship out of a bag.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she's like she needs a new bag because she beats the broken yep. And she goes to her dad. She's like, hey, does she needs to get in the gym to train for the tournament. Uh? Yeah, he's just sitting there, just reading a book about cars. He's like, my bodies in being physical shape. You can take that to the bank. So I just.
Speaker 1: I need you to understand how much I'm looking forward to to when he fights.
Speaker 2: Well his comeupp ins.
Speaker 1: Yes, you think he's gonna have any Well, I can't imagine anything else happening.
Speaker 2: If you out of someone, I'll be I'll be so upset he unleashes his true power.
Speaker 1: If it turns out he's actually strong and it's just a pussy, I'm gonna be mad.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll find that when to get there. But until then, excuse me. We have the whole crew flying together in the big capsule Corps car and we find I I'm just here. Yeah, he looks like he looks like he just got a rehab. It would not shock me if he did. He's got a clean cut hair. He's wearing all like, uh yellow jacket and pants.
Speaker 1: It's actually a nice suit.
Speaker 2: And he even says, why would I enter this tournament? They're gonna kill me? Like, which is the smartest thing. He's ever said, right, I'm I thank god like he has some self awareness. U.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then uh Gohan says that they all need to agree to not go super saying during this tournament, it was just so confused.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and what was like, Oh, we can't have the blonde weirdos that we saw on the TV.
Speaker 1: She just like, I want to I'll just beat up paparazzi. I don't give a ship.
Speaker 2: What is what the sayings and wanted to kill the media.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they do not care for a camera. No, I think might be the best part of this episode just for his reactions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he has some good facials in this one.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm h. And then go on the say a man costume and no one enjoys it.
Speaker 2: Nope.
Speaker 1: And I don't understand They're not hip. They aren't they don't understand fashion. No, you know this is the Arab like Fred Durst. Yes, I can go with that. Yes, I mean that's that's what all the songs in the movies are apparently in the exactly the American dubs.
Speaker 2: So then all the fires have waiting on Epstein's Island having this big tournament.
Speaker 1: And it turns out this is where all the animal people went typparently, yeah, just because they're back.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you have a big tournament, you got to show out.
Speaker 1: I guess that mister Satan arrives.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would that mister Saying is an amazing worker because he makes his grand entrance with and he's just uh piling on and he's like, yeah, oh holding up the championship and he's thanking everyone for showing up early. My god, what a worker. Yeah, it's it's it's very good. It's like the other reversy. I'm punk. Oh, I like that. I like that a lot.
Speaker 1: Actually, uh we find Piccolo and.
Speaker 2: Uh, okay, did Picklo grow it? Should?
Speaker 1: Look? I thought he looked bigger too. Is that what he was doing when he was.
Speaker 2: I know, he was like he's fucking seven ft tall? Now what is happening?
Speaker 1: Is that what he was doing in uh the lookout he was he was, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, he can grow his limbs when he fights, So I don't know. I mean it.
Speaker 1: Sands to reason, I suppose, But I guess this is the moment when I feel maybe this is why people are weirded out by Gohan's costume. It looks like he's appropriating the Mechian culture.
Speaker 2: No, he's a no, he's got a do rag on. He doesn't have a turban on. It's okay, sure he's appropriate popo culture.
Speaker 1: Well that's fine, oh okayo specifically.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay uh. And then everyone's like where's the goku? Is he here yet? And then he's helported yo guys and everyone just like it's in awe and everyone it's five minutes go glazing moment. Yeah there, one's got tears in their eyes except for Vegeta and Trunks. Yeah, Trunks is unimpressed. We also has no idea who this is. Yeah, like he's like visitant. Really right, it's the it's the only time in the show where you're like, oh, hit Trunks and Vegeta on the exact same.
Speaker 1: Way, like yes, like we do not care. Yeah. Also, Ulan pops up from out of nowhere.
Speaker 2: No long was on the on the ship.
Speaker 1: I don't remember seeing him on the ship. I meant to go back and look, but I didn't remember. Yeah he's on there, okay.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: We do get a very sweet moment with Go ten though, uh probably the first time. Yes, I thought that was very nice.
Speaker 2: Yes, and we're reminded he only has twenty four hours.
Speaker 1: Yes, Baba chan pops up and says, you got you've got a day?
Speaker 2: My god, what torture for oh.
Speaker 1: Uh but yeah, that's that's all we need. We only need we do, only need a day of goko. That's fine.
Speaker 2: I did. I did appreciate uh, gohand and asking oh no, sorry, that's the next episode. But I questioned it until it wasn't the answer to the next episode. Tim is just not here. Huh. Nope, because I'll jump ahead of a little bit, I guess, because even Gohan's like, where's tn Goku's coca? My bad? H yeah no TM, Yeah.
Speaker 1: And Chatsu are not here.
Speaker 2: They are gone. Where do you think they are? It's a good question.
Speaker 1: Uh, I don't. I assume he has to be dead, wow, because where else would he be? Maybe this is when we in the tournament. He just doesn't want to see anyone anymore.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: He and Chatsu just.
Speaker 2: Somewhere like yeah, I'm trying to at least when as morals port. I don't know. It's weird. I'm very curious if he ever shows up. A think he shows over the rest of the season.
Speaker 1: I don't it sure doesn't seem like it. It is weird that they keep I guess the fact they keep mentioning it makes me feel like maybe he will because it would be weird for them to keep mentioning it in him.
Speaker 2: Not true. Speaking of people who should be around, where do you think seventeen is? Oh that's a good question. I mean, I know the answer, but I wanted where do you think he is? Because?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because we know he was resurrected, right, and why wouldn't he be around eighteen?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Here's why. Because he fucking hates Krilling. He's like, you're gonna bury that piece of shit? Fuck you, I'm gone. Yeah, which, I'll be honest, I understand it.
Speaker 2: In fact, I support he's just like wandering.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's just he's just on a walk about.
Speaker 2: Fair enough, okay. Uh speaking of the speaking of the androids, Uh, Goku's talking to krillon about how he's not used to him having hair, and even GOLs like, dude, you know I shaved my head.
Speaker 1: And Goku's like that girl is like I fucking told.
Speaker 2: You with this, and then eighteen walks by and go like, whoa, that's eighteen of the Androids, and she's like it took you this along to realize.
Speaker 1: It's nice to know that he's forever an idiot.
Speaker 2: And he was like, yeah, and we even had a kid Together's like, did you have a kid with her? If she has a robot?
Speaker 1: Does she have a medal of a JJ.
Speaker 2: So it's like Goku understands sex we can confirm with today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean he did, you know, That's why go to Jesus, Goku did the deed. Yes, at least twice.
Speaker 2: Willingly hopefully.
Speaker 1: God, I would hope. So I hope there's not a chee chee sex pest theory out there now there is? Is it really got tim?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Specifically specifically for go Ten, I don't care for. Oh no, his memory. He was like in bad condition under the hard virus. Yeah, oh that sucks. Yeah.
Speaker 1: That would also explain why Goku's like, oh I got a kid? Yeah, oh no, I don't care for. This is another thing I don't care for. Crillon says that he and eighteen have an arrangement with Roschi will he love at his place? But when he the way he says it, I'm like, is Roachi watching in the corner?
Speaker 2: I you know what? No? I bet like broach just like gets like smell the robot panties or something.
Speaker 1: He's Roachy's in the corner, sitting on turtle watching.
Speaker 2: Don't don't good turtle in these pervid activities.
Speaker 1: What else is he gonna do? I mean, don't you don't think RoCE is putting it in that hole? No?
Speaker 2: In the turtle, Yes, she's trucking with the turtle.
Speaker 1: Turtle retreats into the shell, and roach she just you know, what.
Speaker 2: Is your problem? The fuck is wrong with you?
Speaker 1: Are you telling me that that that's unimaginable for.
Speaker 2: Yes, he's fucking humans, not turtles.
Speaker 1: You don't know, you think he's there are all these animal people around. You think he's not at least considering the option. And that's his friend sometimes friends fu Well, yeah, well that's the end of this episode. Uh, it actually kind of yeah. The only thing the other way, yeah is Fidel and Gohan, uh flying up onto a roof. Yeah. And Fidel also doesn't care for the for the the you rag in the shades, No, I just don't understand it.
Speaker 2: Well, that's where yeah, and there's the end of the episode one oh five. What you think of that one?
Speaker 1: It's I mean it's good set up for everything else, you know, it's getting everybody back together for for the big tournament. And yeah, yeah, we get to some very interesting stuff very quickly. But I enjoyed in the gang back together.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, it's clear everyone's everyone but ten and John.
Speaker 1: Yes, that is the only one for mission, right.
Speaker 2: Uh, I guess I mean if you count Roby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we haven't seen we have seen Ruby at all. And uh, uh ship, what's the what's the cat's name?
Speaker 2: Koran Koren?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, I'm sure Yashrobi will pop up at some point. He always does.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that's that's one O five.
Speaker 2: All right. Uh, and now we'll take our first break and we'll hop right to one O six right after this, and we are back. So that was the end of the Great Seman saga.
Speaker 1: And he thoughts, I'm a fan of the Great semn and I hope it is. It is not the end of the Great Samen forever.
Speaker 2: Let's hope not. Now we're entering the World Tournament saga. Yeah, excuse me, our first episode one O six, Who is the World's Greatest? The tournament preliminaries begin. Uh, this might be one of the funniest episodes. It really is. So the all the z fighters hate the media again yep, because they're walking into the tournament and uh, these interviewers shied, stopping Piccolo and Vegeta to talk and they they just they brush them off basically, and they're like, oh, where have I seen those guys before? And then it comes the rest of the gang and before the cameras even get a good look at them, uh, Pico uses his mind to destroy the camera.
Speaker 1: However, something before that happens. I have a very big question of yes, because Goku is an idiot yes, and says to these reporters that he's from other world. Came down to yes, and this reporter seems to know what other world is?
Speaker 2: Did she? As thought she was laughing it off.
Speaker 1: I felt like she was like, oh, sure that makes sense. And I was wondering, do these people in this universe know that an afterlife exists?
Speaker 2: So I took it as her just laughing off the idea, and he was like a gimmicked worker. Interesting because like all the other people that they stop in an interview are like these hockey people like oh traded under mister say in all these weirdos I could read it either way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it was just it would be fascinating if there was, like if this universe existed where they're like, yeah, there's an afterlife and it's just accepted.
Speaker 2: And as God and Jesus do they exist? And do we.
Speaker 1: Have we ever had any reference to other religions in this show? I don't think so. I mean we we know Satan exists.
Speaker 2: True, there's Benjamin and Yahoo exists in this universe. We're not doing this again.
Speaker 1: You keep trying to do this and it'll be the last one.
Speaker 2: Yes, still end our show. Okay, sorry, sorry, Ben.
Speaker 1: Not as I want to, because I listen. I'm fine with it. I'm just saying that if they can get to Charlie Kirk, they can get to us.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so we get somebody this this teken ass roster of people walking around this tournament, a bunch of freaks and animals and uh the some shots of like the gang is hanging around. At one point, the medic team walks up to Piccolo and they're like, are you okay? So you look quite green? You don't know if you feel ill? He's like, that's what I look like.
Speaker 1: Piccolo has never been more offended.
Speaker 2: Right literal racism.
Speaker 1: In the locker room, Krylon is like, man, did you just suck that all these other people are basically screwed because we're right superpowered basically, which I was like, it's true. But also, Kryllon, you're at the bottom of the barreler.
Speaker 2: But it's basically playing like New Game Plus in the in the video game, and it's like you returned to the start and you have all of the abilities unlocked. So at one point, when Goku walks in to the next room, he's actually recognized by the announcer and he is so elated to see Goku and Crow and Piccolo because of their prior experiences in the tournament, and he's like, whoa, the Railies are gonna go crazy this year. He's like he even says, like, be real, you guys are the ones that beat Cell Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's the weird thing. I don't he just came up. Was very sleazy to me. I felt he was very oh, I mean yeah, he was there for the rage. Also, I felt it was very like holds up to be ecstatic that like, the guy who did all this revolutionary suffered the tournament is back. I guess yeah, I just I think in the next episode I'm not as irritated by it. But at first, first first pass, I didn't trust him too much initially gotcha and that he does something that I loved, So then we'll get to that, okay. But yeah, then we turn find out it's a sixteen man tournament. Yes, everybody's going to be the six fifteen other people besides mister Satan.
Speaker 2: He has an automatic placement.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's the overall number one seed, and the others are going to be decided by a punch machine.
Speaker 2: And that's like a punch machine what because this didn't exist in the original tournament. And then they're like, all right, mister saying, you get to demonstrate first, and he winds up and he says, oh, megaton and he punches the machine and when do you hit like one seventy something one seven? I have seven? Yeah, okay, he hits one thirty seven and I was like, oh, like this is like the new record basically, and Sane walks off celebratory. So we go through some of like the other gouons that are they're trying to qualify. They're hitting like very low numbers, like one hundred something. Then comes eighteen and it carls like listen, don't hit it too hard, and then she punches like here's a little jab when she hit like seven hundred seven seventy eight, and it was like what the absolute fucking right, And then she.
Speaker 4: Does it again and holds back and so yeah, she taps it with her knuckle the two or three then and then it's real higher than and then Krilling gets a one ninety two, right, Goku at one eight six, pickle out two ten, and then Vegeta just breaks the fucking.
Speaker 2: China has no time for your gimmicks.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, no chill whatsoever.
Speaker 2: It's like, well, he's like I don't I don't care. Yeah, it's so good. And they had to bring out a new machine for them because that one, because it was just so broken, and Vidilla was so upset, like wait, how do all these people is so strong and they're all friends? What is happening here?
Speaker 1: And was like, yeah, that's my game.
Speaker 2: Right people. Yeah, Goku is like your friend's a girl, isn't she. He's just so don't miss don't miss gender friends.
Speaker 1: Oh we we I don't think this universe ever needs to introduce uh non binary people, because Goku would be just terrified non binary.
Speaker 2: Wow, you get your powers between the suns. Jesus, it's just so stupid.
Speaker 1: Uh. But then, uh, yeah, well we didn't discuss that. Trunks and Gohan are very unhappy that they're in the tunis.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we got stuck in the T division.
Speaker 1: Along with well with Mascarita Derada and Super Porky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're like, coime, I put this in the big boys division and uh, what the fuck was that guy's name? Palmer Cannon Like, no, sorry, you're you're resting. They were living.
Speaker 5: Oh god, oh my god, the little Rednecks we'll get Uh yeah, we we find out that the winner of the Juniors Vision and this made me so happy that they do get a prize money, but they also get a sparring match with mister right before.
Speaker 2: We got a couple of other stuff. Before we get to that, Saying makes his big entrance for the crowd and he he does a flip mm hmmm and he cracks his head, little Bachmania moment. Yes, it just goes quiet. He gets up like a fool.
Speaker 1: You it's so good.
Speaker 2: And we get to mister Satan, mister Say, it's in chant. I'm like, what is this? Yeah, and then there we get the introduction to a big movie on a blimp on a blimp because I guess they have a big ass projector yes, mister Satan's like I had to prove this.
Speaker 1: He's like, I told them to not do this.
Speaker 2: This is comrade Freeman brother, I signed the legends you I don't agree to being the video games. Where's No Where's no worldy checks and fun fact, the voices for this movie, it's all a team four star really yeah, the abridge guys.
Speaker 1: Now is that does that? Is that the same in the original or is that's for it's Yeah, okay, that's that's pretty funny.
Speaker 2: They brought them into vineways.
Speaker 1: I have watched a few of the the abridged episodes.
Speaker 2: They are very good. Yes, they were brought into this bit.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good. So yeah, he's he's less than thrilled, but the crowd wants it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And basically it's just over acted recreation of the cell games in this universe. Goku's very excited to watch this. By the way, you think it's the best thing in the world.
Speaker 1: Because of course, Cocuo was like the shittiest movies right. Also, it's worth mentioning the fake Joe wait intro.
Speaker 2: Oh that was so good.
Speaker 1: It's so that was wonderful. I loved it immediately. I was like, oh, that's so smart.
Speaker 2: And it was basically like a Super Sentai episode where they have these ridiculous costumes and mister Saine has the feat cell by himself.
Speaker 1: I love the part when they show Goku and it cuts to him and he's like, that's me, and then piccol and Vegeta like this is this is the worst thing that's ever happened.
Speaker 2: To me or anyway.
Speaker 1: But yeah, this movie tells the story of mister Satan with.
Speaker 2: It right, and Satan says full of marks. Yes, this ship up the real proper game the machine. I assume this is what the fundimation dub is like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I assume it's it sucks that much because I here's the thing. I've seen a little bits and pieces from like the other versions, and I was talking to somebody on the discord. I think it was tie okay like it was, and I said I that I liked the Kai dubs much better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's a general consensus. I mean, I feel like a lot of a lot of people. It was ten towards the original Doves because of their nostylia, and they like the Falconers score more. But it's really just nostalagia. You gotta take the wipers off, buddy, clean your scouter. It's like, clean your scouter. That's tremendous. You can't see ship through that. But uh, we get to see the juniors getting ready for their tournament, and the three Hillbillies come up to Bully Trunks and go tend and William says that dide you wait yourself.
Speaker 1: I can't explain to you how much of that Red Night did you relate to them?
Speaker 2: Is that why? No?
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, you're gonna get the absolute dog ship beating out of you was gonna be so much fun. But they do have just wonderful bullets.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and that was the end of that episode. Yeah, what do you think of that one? It was a good one. Yeah. Good. I feel like we would do for a good comedy episode at a minute.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I don't feel I don't feel we've got a ton of them, but yeah, they're always pretty well placed in Uh, it's like setting me up for whatever's coming next.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: I don't think there's once again like with the first season, I don't think there was a bad episode. No, but I think season two it's been really strong. Yeah, I've I've enjoyed.
Speaker 2: It a lot. I agreed. Well, we got another episode to get through right after this, and we are back and we have one more episodes of Cover episode one oh seven, and we won a surprise to go to and Trunks Super Battle.
Speaker 1: So our rules are.
Speaker 2: Basically the same as every other tournament we've ever seen so far. Are so sorry, I'm reading the uh the wiki alongside? Why do this usually on these episodes? This this wikie just shrimp spoils who wins? Uh huh, which we haven't gotten to yet. So wow, thanks guys.
Speaker 1: I'm Matt off the bat with this episode. Well, because we get the hick lady. No no I I I.
Speaker 2: Legitimately love all all of that. One of the one of the junior fighters names is Pepperoni. What was it, I didn't Yeah, there's a real freaks with these kids. Yeah.
Speaker 1: One it's for the first fight we see is Bart versus Pepperoni.
Speaker 2: Uh it's right between Bart Gunn and butter Bean.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's amazing. How many of these children there their offenses, cry and punch.
Speaker 2: Do you think like the are like forced the labor.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh no, most of these children have been forced by their parents to enter this tournament.
Speaker 2: It's like beauty pageants, yes, but.
Speaker 1: In this universe, fighting is fighting is the equivalent of a beauty pageant.
Speaker 2: M imagine honey boom boo having the fight go ten. Oh that's upsetting.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, I mean it's it. It's weird that they do that like five times with these kids. Yeah, like five different ones. But some of them are very funny, Like we get a little tiny sumo baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I liked him. Uh.
Speaker 1: At one point, one of them gets knocked out of the ring and mister Satan sees a great opportunity for a photo op.
Speaker 2: Ye what a worker.
Speaker 1: Because it because he just comes out of nowhere and I'm like, wait, is he being serious?
Speaker 2: No, no, it's not. God bless them. So we do get to meet the Hicks. Mom, yes, she sits on, she goes. We also see a guy drinking beer, braided beer at one point, which is always the best beer. So trunk is fight is up first? Uh?
Speaker 1: The kid's name is Okay, I have not looked it up, but I'm sure it means something that will make me mad.
Speaker 2: Probably, And Trunk is very confident. You can tell he's very much with geta son now. Uh, because Dosa is starting punching that, He's like, come on, what are you doing? Uh Like this is nothing to him. M h uh. And it's just a one hit ko.
Speaker 1: Yep, sweeps the legs and kicks him in the air and he just falls.
Speaker 2: Yep. This more the same with the fight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we do get Balma and she she both going back and forth with the red deck mother and it's very good. Like those two are just they this team up and like we hate we hate this Southern woman. Yes, and her children mm hmm. And Oolong is like, I hope she Dieslo hates her so much. Yeah, uh, where did I have?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is this is I think Bama's best line. She says, I need the vacant look in that other kid's eyes looked familiar. I guess I should have figured out the connection. Just fucking savage. It's very good. Then we see the uh, the blonde TV exact guy looking at Goten.
Speaker 2: Oh. Yeah, he's like, oh, he looks just like his dad. Yeah, he was very excited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was like, hey, he's got everything, but the tail. It is interesting that go with hotael. I didn't think of that just now. No, yeah, got it's interesting. But I guess we have I guess we didn't see him born, so maybe they cut it off.
Speaker 2: Possibly, Yeah, when it was like circumcised.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I never thought of that as being that that could be it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Do you think do you think he had like I wonder like, do they have like preachers and stuff to do that in this universe or is it like like doctor Breest just comes in like with a with a knife.
Speaker 1: I mean the only times we've seen it, or just dudes get ripping them off.
Speaker 2: Doctor Brief is the circumscientist.
Speaker 1: Circumscientists. That's very good. Uh No, I don't think he He's not big on people. He likes machines and speakers. That's it.
Speaker 2: Oh, here here's your gift. That's just this boom box, my first boom. It's a JVC kaboom.
Speaker 1: Box, JBC Kaboom Slam of the Week.
Speaker 2: Yes, uh yeah, so this fight goes the same. Yes, it just went and CT punched right to this skull.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like gotens just blocking all this kid's stuff with a finger basically, and and and he realized, oh, Gotin's never fought anybody who wasn't strong. Yeah, so he's like, what is happening? I thought that was very funny. Also, the kid, whenever he gets punched, he does that you know that house show clip from Triple H where he's just staggering for like five minutes. Oh yeah, and then fell. So it's very fine.
Speaker 2: And during this whole time, well here's the fucking around with the lady and one by the he's about to but to fight Boma and the teachers knocks the grass out.
Speaker 1: She does so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So then we get like a montage of trunks and go to moving up the brackets and these some of the same clips over and over. But there's one of the trunks giving a big swing to some google and throwing him into the crowd. I want to see that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very good. The element Trunk mule kicks a dude. Yeah yeah, I kind of want to s yeah. I also kind of want to see a few of the other fights just for the hell of it.
Speaker 2: And during this, uh, Gohan and Videla still have a punch at her ticket for the tournament. At one point when the fight is announced, gos kipping the wine and they all yelled him, don't be a freaking jerk, which, honestly fair, right, I like that, but they always had a new okay actu yo, don't be a freaking jerk, your jack off your bandena, this is the sunglasses fucked you? So, uh we get but yeah, right right. The fight starts perfect timing. Actually, yea, we heard goten versus trunks.
Speaker 1: Yes, and uh, mister Satan gets pulled out of his nap to come watch.
Speaker 2: Oh no, he was meditating. He was prepping his body through the fight, you bet you. Uh.
Speaker 1: And immediately in this fight, uh, the walls, Yeah, they're like, no, we hold back. Fuck this ship, right, and everyone except for the people who know we're like, what the fuck is happening?
Speaker 2: Right? But I was like, uh, and misters like I kind of fight one of those kids, but I'm like, god, damn right you do.
Speaker 1: And Chi Chi and Balmar are both getting super into they like they're almost about to start throwing with each other right in.
Speaker 2: I assume I.
Speaker 1: Assume ch wins that fight, but I think Bauma might hold her own pretty.
Speaker 2: Well she's got like like tech options, they got hitting light or something.
Speaker 1: Like, she's got some capsules she can throw out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh, Goten does something that I thought was really neat that felt like a callback. Yeah, go ahead, he puts because this is the first time we've seen Goten in a real fight, right, and the first time we also see in Dragon Ball Z the first time we see Gohant or Goku in a real fight. He puts rabbits in a full nelson.
Speaker 2: Also puts in the nelson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got puts drunks in the full nelson.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 1: I thought that was It's I don't know if it intentionally was, but it felt like a callback to he here's a mirroring of is the first time we saw this dude fight and I was, kid, that's possible. Then we also get a cool ass double punch and slow mo m H, which I loved. H. I also love it. Uh when Bauma's sharing she's just beating the ship out of Ulong as he deserves, it feels like he's enjoying it. Yeah, I'm honest, I feel like Lam's like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is fine, Please we may I have another? Yes? Uh.
Speaker 1: They end up at an uh Oh, one other thing that Goku keeps calling him many trunks.
Speaker 2: Right because he knows all these big trunks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's like, I only know future trunks and baby trunks.
Speaker 2: SpongeBob big chunks. That's okay whatever that means.
Speaker 1: Uh. Yeah, So the kids who anna standstill again? Yeah, everybody's basically just dumb struck.
Speaker 2: And the cargo's wild. Yes they do. Now, did you have this fear that they're both gonna pop off Super Saiyan.
Speaker 1: No, I feel like that they they also want to know.
Speaker 2: Who's better without it. Yeah, that's fair.
Speaker 1: Like they're they're very obviously having a lot of fun getting to go all out.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Like I imagine they will do this as Super Saiyan at some point again, right, but yeah, I think this was I'm gonna be honest, this might be one of my favorite fights of the show.
Speaker 2: Oh I really enjoyed this, even with a non finish right now. M h interesting, Okay.
Speaker 1: Because I think because it's they're showing them enjoying doing it so much. It's like, yeah, you're like, oh, this is just them having fun and letting the audience have fun watch them do it. So with that in mind, who thinks gonna win it. I do think Trunks wins. Then I think the being a little older and having trained the way he does, I think Trunks pulls it off by not by much, but I do think he does, which means that I think we get Trunks versus mister Satan, and Trunks just beats the absolutely out of the Trunks. If Trunks is going to destroy that man and it's going to be so good, he can't say that. I'm looking forward to.
Speaker 2: It very much.
Speaker 1: Even even it's if I'm wrong, a goatin doesn't it would be just just as good as long as he gets beat to ship by a child and his entire aur is gone forever.
Speaker 3: M m.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, yeah that I'm gonna be honest. Except that's one of I think that's one of my favorite fights on the show. It might have been one of my favorite episodes. Wow, Like it's it's probably in top ten for me. I just really enjoyed everything they did in that.
Speaker 2: Wow. I love to hear that. Very cool. Well, let's hope that the next out of episode episodes one nine and one ten hold up as well. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think this was one of the like every once in a while, when we're watching these, I'm I'm like, yeah, that was that was a good stopping point for three episodes. I really wanted to keep going, like I had not to watch the next couple. I was like, I really want to know what happens, Like I'm I'm going to watch those very quickly, like I have watched those before this episode drops. But yeah, that's yes, that's this week all right. So next week, who will win the fight between two children? Well that hick mom ever wake up?
Speaker 2: Well, there'll be more ill abilities in the main when the will mean tournament put some respect on great say a man's knee to the next week and find out on the next episode of Ultimogonball Season two. H you've been listening to a Fatal four podcast.
Speaker 1: Subscribe today wherever you get your podcasts, and visit fatalfour Pond dot com for more episodes, merchandise and info on the Patreon