Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to kf I AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Should we like get a business space or something?
Speaker 3: Thank?
Speaker 2: How do you do you think? Is that odd?
Speaker 4: Are you bringing bagels?
Speaker 2: Not every day?
Speaker 4: Why not?
Speaker 1: We're getting older? The metabolism slowing down. Can't be gorgeing on bagels every day.
Speaker 5: Garyan Shannon kfi AM six forty Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: The Quick is this still on?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: The quick message about the push up story that I was telling you about. Right, if you are a certain age, they have a suggested number of push ups that you should be able to do based on age and sex, starting at twenty five going up to sixty five years old. So, for example, a twenty five year old male should be able to drop and give me twenty eight, just like that.
Speaker 2: Let's see how many you can do right now.
Speaker 5: I already established that we're not doing push ups today, got it, there's too much going on?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: Women should be able to drop and give me twenty if you're twenty five years old, twenty push ups at thirty five. Still, women should be able to do another still nineteen just one drop. Men should be able to reach twenty one. The count takes a pretty steep drop at about forty five years old. Women are expected to hit fourteen push ups and men sixteen push ups, and then once you get up into the fifty five age bracket, women it's ten push ups, and men it's twelve push ups. So I could probably do twenty like full push ups, yes, not girl pushups like you do well.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't think that we should be disparaging each other on a day like today. Can we be a little more gentle?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: Sometimes it's not about the push ups.
Speaker 1: I mean I can do like the ones that as Patricia has me do.
Speaker 2: I don't go down all the way?
Speaker 4: Why not?
Speaker 2: She just says lower three inches?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 2: I don't know, But I mean, have you seen these guns?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Do you want to see this muscle right here?
Speaker 4: Oh? Boy, I mean look at this. That's it. That's not the muscle that is developed with a push up.
Speaker 2: Oh what is that?
Speaker 4: That's your biceps? What am I developing? Oh my gosh, No, wonder.
Speaker 2: Let me see how many I can do.
Speaker 4: I don't think this is a great idea because you're not going to be able to go all the way down.
Speaker 5: No, no, all right, so you did three quarters of a push up.
Speaker 4: Let's see where that fits. What else is going on?
Speaker 6: Time?
Speaker 4: What's happening?
Speaker 2: Man? That's a lot to push up.
Speaker 5: There was a big earthquake in Cuba six zo point eight as a magna. As a matter of fact, magnitude quakes struck off the eastern coast of Cuba yesterday, very significant damage in several regions. They said the earthquake was actually felt as far away as Florida. Pictures of one of the provinces, the Grandma Province, published by the state run Internet, showed buildings with cracks on the walls, piles of debris.
Speaker 1: Hasn't Cuba already been left in darkness and without power from all the storms?
Speaker 4: I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 5: They had a hurricane, they had they actually had the electricity problems before the hurricane, and then the hurricane, and now an earthquake.
Speaker 1: Confirmed tornado touches down in a suburb of Detroit, of all places, estimated peak winds around seventy miles per hour.
Speaker 5: I tell you, my daughter had her first official tornado watch in Texas last week.
Speaker 2: Did that scare you?
Speaker 4: No, she's fine.
Speaker 1: I mean they're fine, but still, I mean knowing your old baby girls out there without you to protect her in the nest in the obstrack.
Speaker 5: Way if a tornado comes. Oh yeah, she had a tree fall on her as a kid, she's probably.
Speaker 2: Did she really? Yeah, what happened.
Speaker 5: It's just a little tree that was out in our little condo complex and she and her brother outside plane and the tree fell over and knocked her down.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a lawsuit.
Speaker 4: My son reached in and grabbed her and pulled her out from the tree and save her.
Speaker 1: That's so sweet, like baby Jessica. But a tree and not a well yeah.
Speaker 5: And also I mean it was pretty leafy, so it's not like a pinder or anything.
Speaker 2: But I'm gonna skip the dead body. I like this.
Speaker 1: One guy jumps in the ocean to try to get away from police.
Speaker 4: Now how far did he think he was going to get?
Speaker 1: That's you never know, Especially in the ocean, it's kind of hard to either stay alive or not get caught right away.
Speaker 5: There was a disturbance call just after midnight this morning. Witness at the scene points out a guy as a suspect, but he flees on foot towards the beach. When police try to contact him, he the agency's conducted a rescue. Renando Beach Fire and Harbor Patrol brought this guy. You'd only gone about one hundred feet into the ocean. Swimming in the ocean is difficult, and when you're fighting waves trying to go out against them, it's a it's not a winning combination there.
Speaker 2: Remember the two girls that were murdered.
Speaker 1: In the Indianapolis area to thirteen year old girl Abigail Williams and her friend Liberty German fourteen.
Speaker 2: It happened back in twenty seventeen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is one where the images that are associated with this are the guy walking like on a railroad trestle or something.
Speaker 2: The bridge guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, he was seen in a Snapchat video walking on a then abandoned bridge along the trail. Apparently he kidnapped them, murdered them, slit their throats Abby and Libby.
Speaker 4: They have reached a verdict in that case.
Speaker 2: It's guilty.
Speaker 4: Oh it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just saw that. I was trying to pull that up, but yes, that is guilty. What was the motive?
Speaker 5: Well, he I don't know if they ever got that. But during an interview with the authorities before he was arrested, he acknowledged he that was him in that picture. He was on the trail the day that the girls died, but repeatedly denied killing them.
Speaker 2: Hmm.
Speaker 1: Costco is forced to recall eighty thousand pounds of butter, why because the label failed to mention that the butter contains milk. Seriously, Kirkland's signature butter both salted and unsalted. I made myself a butter sandwich last night. What goes into a butter sandwich?
Speaker 2: Just like it sounds gary?
Speaker 1: I took a piece of baguette and a big hunk of butter and.
Speaker 2: Put it right in the middle.
Speaker 4: And then you can put some sugar and cinnamon on top.
Speaker 2: It's delicious. Yep.
Speaker 1: If I wanted a sweet I was. I was more feeling savory at the time. But if I've done that too, which.
Speaker 4: Sour dough bag? Yet? Is that I'm assumed?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I would go with that.
Speaker 2: I love a butter sandwich, especially late at night. You're ready for bed. Listen, we're all going through things. I ain't going through that now.
Speaker 4: Nope.
Speaker 1: Oh, so you have a certain time you would eat your butter sandwich.
Speaker 4: Yes, not right before bed?
Speaker 2: Not right before bed? Why not?
Speaker 1: Why do you why do you frown so much about this? What does it matter if you eat it at two pm or at ten pm?
Speaker 4: You are so right?
Speaker 1: I guess I've do you know cozy you feel after you eat a butter sandwich?
Speaker 4: Oh? Cozy is a word. Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know what you can't do after you put down too many butter sandwiches?
Speaker 4: Move?
Speaker 2: Push ups?
Speaker 4: You did?
Speaker 2: You did three quarters thanks.
Speaker 4: Of a push up.
Speaker 7: This is in honor of my grandfather who was drafted into.
Speaker 4: The Philippine Army in World War Two, who.
Speaker 7: Fought alongside the US soldiers, became a prisoner of war and survived about the on Death March.
Speaker 4: Thank you for that.
Speaker 5: Yes, let us know who you would like us to honor today on this Veterans State.
Speaker 4: We'll get to some more of those.
Speaker 1: I was able to meet the youngest surviving member of the Tan Death March. Really went to the World War II Memorial with he and his wife when they finally erected that thing back in two thousand and four from Sacramento, those freedom flights. Man, that's an emotional journey especially when it's in.
Speaker 4: One of those old timey airplanes.
Speaker 2: Now they don't do that. What do you mean they use They use boeings, I know.
Speaker 5: But they also they also will do they'll have a refurbished B twenty four or something.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But like they call them the freedom flights because they were all these people that could not or you know, they didn't have the money or they didn't have the right mobility to get to the mee.
Speaker 4: Right, I have to argue about the same thing.
Speaker 2: Stop trying to pick a fight with me.
Speaker 4: Look who's talking.
Speaker 2: We need to come together and not let this war tear us apart.
Speaker 8: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI Am six forty.
Speaker 2: What are we doing? I'm sorry throughout the throw that up.
Speaker 5: Oh we can do the football stuff, football stuff.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, was there yesterday? It was a football game.
Speaker 2: That was a great day. Yesterday.
Speaker 4: You had a good day.
Speaker 2: I had a wonderful day.
Speaker 5: Chargers beat the beat the Titans twenty seven to seventeen.
Speaker 4: Even that close.
Speaker 1: Chargers defense is insane, insane leading the league. But you know you you watched the Lions last night, My god. And Kansas City, Kansas City just showing itself to be Kansas City.
Speaker 8: I mean a.
Speaker 1: Blocked kick, for the love of God. And it's not just me being a sour Susan. I don't know if that's a thing, but everybody I talked to says that Kansas City is the worst undefeated team in the history of football. They just there's these fluky things that happened with the Chiefs where they just they have the magic, they have the God's blessing.
Speaker 2: Whatever it is.
Speaker 1: They just have these weird ways of finishing out games and an odd fashion.
Speaker 2: And you know it's gonna it's gonna catch up to them.
Speaker 1: You can't go the whole season just getting lucky, can you.
Speaker 5: They should be Arguably, they should be five and four something like that, right, I mean, they're just there's enough of these weird games that have ended breaking their way at the very end, and for them to be nine and oh, it's just ludicrous. But I'm Detroit and Jared Goff's dead eyes how he's doing.
Speaker 1: He threw five picks last night and they still won. C. J. Stroud and Jared Goff were picking, picking and picking all night.
Speaker 5: They had any They had eight between.
Speaker 1: Them between They scored more points than the Jets did. And I go back to the question that I asked last week. How the hell were the Jets favored in Arizona. Yeah, I was a point in a half. But and I know they were a favored the week before. But my goodness, I mean, Arizona's playing good football. They were at home, and the Jets are floundering.
Speaker 5: The Rams host the Dolphins tonight for Monday Night Football. Dolphins nothing right. I mean they're two and six or something like that.
Speaker 1: The Dolphins have been fair since they've got Tua back, right, I haven't paid that much attention to the Dolphins. Let's see here. Yeah, they lost to the Bills, lost to the Cardinals. They're they're They're awful. They're awful, They're awful. Yeah, anyway, that's tonight at The Rams are picking up speed at the right time too. I mean, I know they dropped that one no that they won in Seattle. They won in Seattle. That was a close game. That was that overtime game that you predicted.
Speaker 5: I don't like to brag. I wasn't gonna bring that up. I was just hoping you would bring it up.
Speaker 4: I will celebrate your victories tonight. That's going to be nice to not have to do anything football will be nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you've been very busy with your yea, I know, I know.
Speaker 4: They it's Veterans Day.
Speaker 5: We've been taking your tributes to veterans that you know are in your family or you yourself.
Speaker 7: This is in honor of my grandfather who was drafted into the Philippine Army in World War Two, who fought alongside the US soldiers, became a prisoner of war and survived the Butta on death March.
Speaker 4: I already heard that one.
Speaker 9: Hey, Gary and Shannon, it's Jeff and I'll get in them this. Both of my parents served a during World War Two. My mother obviously was not enlisted because women weren't in those days. She served in the civil service, and my father was enlisted. And then he went into the Civil Service and they decoded Japanese communications. So good on them, and God bless the USA and all our vets.
Speaker 4: Yeah, very cool. Well, thank you.
Speaker 10: This is Rob and Oc. I want to honor my son. He spent five years in the Navy. He's out as a medic patching up soldiers. I want to recognize him and now he's in South Carolina with his beautiful wife and my beautiful granddaughter.
Speaker 4: Thanks guys, hope to hear you soon. Bye. Thank you.
Speaker 11: Almost was on the Arizona, but he took the other boat and his friends perished away on the Arizona. So thank you to all the vets and my father, Steph Sargent and Harold. Everybody have a great Veteran's Day, and thank you again for all your guys' service.
Speaker 5: That's one place I have not yet gone that is definitely on my bucket list, as the Pearl Harbor memorials.
Speaker 2: I have been.
Speaker 1: It is chilling, Yeah, it's chilling, and it's it's in stark contrast. And I don't say this because I think it ruined your fun. But you go to Hawaii, right, and it's the Aloha spirit and it's relaxing and it's fun and it's just and then it's the heaviest experience. It's the lightest experience, right, and then it's the heaviest being there and thinking about what happened there. And they do a wonderful job, they really do, but it is very heavy.
Speaker 4: All right. Up next a few more of these.
Speaker 5: We have a little bit of music news to get to of course this Jake Paul Mike Tyson fight. Why do people and I think this is a generational thing. More than maybe generational, it's not the right term. It's a cultural thing. It's a cultural thing. The difference between guys like Mike Tyson and guys like Jake Paul, Yes, and how they became who they are, and why you want one to win over the other.
Speaker 8: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: We were making fun of companies bringing in puppies after the election. Yes, I could use some puppies. Everyone could use some puppies. Oh man, this is a rough day.
Speaker 4: I mean it's late, but I guess I could have had my wife bring Peter in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could have thought about that earlier.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I should have should have thought about that.
Speaker 1: It's Veterans Day though, too. That's focus on Veterans' Day.
Speaker 4: We are We've.
Speaker 5: Had some great messages from people, by the way, and thank you for those who have been sending talkback messages on the iHeart app.
Speaker 4: This is a great way for us to well, it's a great way for you to be.
Speaker 5: Able to publicly acknowledge the people in your life who have served in our armed forces for whatever capacity. And some of them, you know, some of them lost in combat, some of them never came back from where it from whence they were deployed. Others may never have left me land the United States in times of conflict, but still served. And I think for me, at least, I know being of the age where I could have enlisted, and I decided to go to college instead, but knowing that my family had a pretty common history, I would say of military service, and then the great respect that I have for the people who do choose to go into the military. Days like this are important, and I think it's good that we have the time to acknowledge publicly our friends and loved ones who have served.
Speaker 12: Greetings Gary and Shannon. Today we honored all the men and women that signed up to fight for truth, justice and the American way. For those today, I slute you for being true patriots.
Speaker 4: Thank you for that very dramatic honoring.
Speaker 13: My British father in law who was at Normandy and my mother in law who worked on the planes, appreciation to both. Thank you.
Speaker 5: That's the other thing is that so many women who were not could not serve in the military did all of the work that the men left behind.
Speaker 4: Basically, I'd like.
Speaker 14: To send out a big shout out to my father Dale Headke, who served in the Navy during Korea and who threw a little bit of Shenanigans, was fortunate enough to serve on the same ship as his older brother Dean Headkey. So to Dale head Key and Dean Headkey, brothers in arms in Korea, served on the same ship, salute to you, wish you guys were here. And to my older brother Greg Headkey, who also served.
Speaker 4: Thank you for all of those.
Speaker 5: That's the other thing is so many times that military service is passed down generation to generation.
Speaker 1: One of the yours mentioned women, and I just wanted to bring this up again. I know I mentioned it when I was reading at the time, but Kristin Hannah The Women was in a wonderful book about nurse female women men nurses as well who served in the US Army Nurse Corps during the Vietnam War, and it is phenomenal and the way that it tells the story that you don't hear all the time about women's roles in the war. She has one that's centered on World War Two as well.
Speaker 3: Hey, Gary, both my parents were at NI Day in World War Two. My mom was a captain in the in the nurse in the in the mesh unit that first landed on D Day, and my dad was a corporal and he drove a jeep. So they were both in the landing and I'm very proud of them both.
Speaker 15: That's very cool. Nice, Hello, Gary and Shannon. I would like to pay tribute to two men. John Baca Medal of Honored recipient Vietnam War threw himself on a handarnade saving eight guys from certain death. And Ben Read World War Two ve veteran landing craft specialists Okinawa and a photographer. He was one of the guys taking pictures of the flag being put up. So I'd like to give a shout out to them and hoorrah Happy Veterans Day.
Speaker 4: Ah Did he mean Iwo Jima the flag being put up for Okano? Okay?
Speaker 2: The flags put up in many places.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 1: The other book from Christ and Hannah that centers of around women or women's role in war is called The Nightingale. That's one of those books that story stays with you.
Speaker 5: I think my wife read both of I know she read the women because I just saw that book last night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think she read both of them.
Speaker 4: Hey, Gary, sanon Tito here.
Speaker 16: I just want to give a shout out to all the veterans, thank you for everything you do for us. And I'd like to give a special shout out to the Marino Marines. All my family members that are Marines in the military. We love you, We thank you.
Speaker 4: God blessed America. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Yesterday, the US Marines celebrated two hundred and forty nine years of success on the battlefield, legacy defined by honor, courage, commitment. It was the Marine Corps birthday yesterday, November tenth.
Speaker 4: How was that salute to service yesterday at the game?
Speaker 5: I mean, just the I know that the NFL does a great job in general because November is their Salute to Service month and they all do sort of the game.
Speaker 1: You and Alex Spanos, who is the patriarch of the Spanos ownership family, of course no longer with us, but he served in World War Two in the Air Force, I believe. And one of my favorite stories about Alex Spanos is one that was not publicized. And I was talking earlier about the Freedom Flights, the inaugural Freedom flights in two thousand and four when I was working up at KFBK and Sacramento, and it happened organically the Morning show.
Speaker 2: What another newsroom that.
Speaker 1: Has since been decimated by the way has been completely shut down, empty and very sad because that was a legendary news department as well. I had booked a guest for the Morning Show and it was a World War Two veteran and he had his role was to he was an artist and to be in the battlefield and draw what he was seeing in real time fascinating stories. And the news anchors at the time, Chris Lane, she worked at KFI News as well. Chris Lane and Jeff Bell were the anchors, and they said, well, do you have any plans to get out to DC to see the new monument in your honor? He said, I feel like I can hear this interview like it was yesterday. I really wish I could. I just don't know how I'd be able to get out there. And all of a sudden, the phones start ringing in the newsroom with people offering I will pay for this man's ticket. I will do whatever, because it was a great interview. You could just feel who he was through the radio, and all these peopleared calling in, and one of the people that called in the back line was Alex Spanos. He lived in Stockton forever, I think he lived there literally forever, and he he called in, he said, you can have my plane, like I will charter a let's put together an entire plane of World War Two veterans from the Sacramento, Stockton area or whatever.
Speaker 2: Let's all pay for everything.
Speaker 1: And ended up that's what you know we did, is we took a plane full of World War Two veterans and they're a family member was whether it's a wife or a son or a daughter, what have you. Spent three four days out there, put together a kind of a program for them and brought him out to the World War Two Memorial and it was one of the most rewarding things ever. But yeah, the Spanos family has a long tradition of doing even before the Salute to Service game was in place in the San Diego area, just a long tradition of being involved with that community.
Speaker 2: So that was no different yesterday.
Speaker 4: Very cool.
Speaker 8: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 5: Gary and Shannon KFI AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Is this gonna end like?
Speaker 1: And I know I'm making jokes, and that's what I do when I am flustered. Yes, and I know it's not appropriate. I have inappropriate responses to things. But are we going to end up like Christian Slater and pump up the volume like on somebody's jeep, like driving around doing our radio show, like you.
Speaker 2: Can't take my microphone?
Speaker 4: Pirate radio?
Speaker 1: Pirate radio? Is that still a thing? I'm sure it's still a thing. We'll figure out a way, even.
Speaker 5: If we stand on the corner of the Burbank Nature Park and just start yelling.
Speaker 1: At Actually the Burbank Nature Park is a beautiful piece of land.
Speaker 13: What.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty nice, isn't it.
Speaker 4: This one out here?
Speaker 1: No, the one that's yeah, yeah, yeah, over there's nice little green belt.
Speaker 5: It's all bark, there's there's grass. There is no not a shred of grass on that thing right out there.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking about the one that's like on the way to the airport. There's a nice little green area, little green belt.
Speaker 5: Oh no, no, I'm talking about the one that's right outside the building here. They call the Burbank Nature Park and it's like one block of nothing but tan bark And.
Speaker 2: I don't know why you're so mad.
Speaker 4: I don't know why either.
Speaker 5: It's Veterans Day, President Biden later wreath of the Two of the Unknowns today the greatest for the life.
Speaker 2: Like the day is already not gone to complete hell.
Speaker 4: Nice things.
Speaker 6: They're the greatest honor of my life to lead you, to serve you, to care for you, to defend you, just as you defended us generation after generation after generation. You are the greatest fighting force. And this is not hyperbole. The finest fighting force in the history of the world. I'll never forget standard. At Valley Forge, our nation's first soldiers laid down their lives deliber a nation for everyone in falble rights, life, liberty, for sue of happiness.
Speaker 2: Did he just say he remembers being at Valley Forge.
Speaker 4: No, he remembers them at Valley Forge. He wasn't there, Yes, Kerry, who are correct?
Speaker 15: Egma, my mistake, boy, very humble gentleman. Think Channel five dinner interview with him, Ben Reid, h you can look it up. Uh, there's a good interview. But I met him once. Satty Guard sale, believe it or not with his daughter. So yeah, egma, yeah they did it five times for the flag rays and thank for the correction on that my bed. All right, guys, enjoy day, happy better.
Speaker 2: Listening to Taylor Swift there in the background, I kept think.
Speaker 17: It of Hi, Gary and Trannon. This is Bob to all the veterans and especially fellow military working dog handlers. Thank you and your dog for your service as an Air Force Century dog handler in Vietnam. I thank my dog Max because he did all the work and I did all the glory. Max, along with more than over four thousand dogs that gave their entire life to military service and never got to come home.
Speaker 4: Thank you. No why Max didn't come home?
Speaker 2: That's sad. Is there something? Is there something good?
Speaker 18: Hi Mariyan Shannon. I love your show.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 13: Well.
Speaker 18: My dad knocked somebody up in high school and got out of World War Two. However, that baby ended up growing up and becoming an awesome Air Force pilot my big brother, so it worked out. Love you, guys.
Speaker 4: There's a good one.
Speaker 2: That was nice.
Speaker 4: It was at he just dawn dummy.
Speaker 14: Don't know if you played my last one, but my grandfather Thomas W.
Speaker 8: Nicholson, world War two captain submarine South Pacific.
Speaker 4: God bless all the veterans.
Speaker 5: World War two submarines too. I like the new fangled ones with all the you know, fun stuff. That's an old, dark, cold, probably stinky.
Speaker 2: It sounds like this floor.
Speaker 13: Shout out to my dad, Don McLeod, veteran of three wars World War Two, Vietnam and Korea, years old.
Speaker 4: Still going strong, Still going strong. That's great.
Speaker 5: Well, well, listen, what an awful thank you for everybody. I'll just say this to get that part out of the way. Thanks for everybody for leaving you these great messages and the messages that you've left us on social media.
Speaker 4: Yes, plow through them.
Speaker 5: If nothing else, it's a good reminder that there are people who are willing to sacrifice their if nothing else, even some of their younger years, for the greater good. In some cases, sacrifice their entire life for the greater good so that we can do relatively silly.
Speaker 4: Jobs like this.
Speaker 1: We're not maybe going to have this silly job. We might have to work for a living at some point. Yes, ye, we might have to get real. We might have to acquire some skills like the people in the newsroom that were let go, essentially everybody. Unfortunately, today this is an awful day at KFI, legendary news department crumbling before our eyes because it's been in the news, so we're not breaking any news. There's been a lot of cuts with our parent company, and today the hatchet came down on a legendary news department. And yeah, there's just not a lot to say about that. It's a really sad thing to watch. I'm not trying to say woe is me for having to watch people's lives get upended.
Speaker 4: Because you'd like to come back tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I do get to well, at least tomorrow at this point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so far the plan is.
Speaker 1: But to watch people in mass leave has been just jarring, to say the least.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you mentioned it before.
Speaker 5: I mean, there are companies where obviously this happens, and it has happened before, it will continue to happen in other places.
Speaker 4: But it's it is a very different.
Speaker 5: It's different, I mean, obviously, but it's different to have it happen as opposed to just talking about it happens at.
Speaker 4: Some building over there across the street, or.
Speaker 1: I mean, we do how often do we do stories about massive layoffs at Apple or what have you, and we've just never seen it before. Yeah, so I did work at a car dealership in high school doing clerical work.
Speaker 5: Did they cut off? Did they lay off people? Or you just mean those.
Speaker 2: I'm just thinking about the last time you had skills? That was the last skill I had?
Speaker 4: God? Well, I mean the nice part.
Speaker 1: And here's the problem. I don't know how to fill out an Excel spreadsheet? Is that even a thing?
Speaker 4: Do they still do that?
Speaker 2: I don't know? Ask ai Ai. That's the other problem we're running up against.
Speaker 4: Yep, Well, go live in the mountain somewhere.
Speaker 2: They gonna give this camper.
Speaker 1: I've been thinking about getting a camper and just kind of rolling around the country seeing things living off the land.
Speaker 4: Do not strike me as a camper person.
Speaker 5: I'm not Gary, but hey, sometimes the world forces us to change.
Speaker 4: Well, will you be here tomorrow?
Speaker 2: I plan on.
Speaker 4: It, so do I. Okay, we'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 1: You better go home and drink lots of tea with honey and lemon. I'm gonna go take about a seven hour nap bourbon. I will save the bourbon until nighttime.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right. John Cobell shows up next. We'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Stay dry, everybody, blessings.
Speaker 5: You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show, you can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio ap