Speaker 1: Okay, okay, Bill, Okay, Bill, Fine, I know I'll play the one you like. This is the best, right, sure, it's very good. Like we were just talking about the score Bug that we're watching, because the first four is on. Tell me why CBS can't throw it back and put up like the late two thousand score Bug with this music as their theme. Tell me why that would be a bad idea?
Speaker 2: There are no reasons.
Speaker 3: Yeah, fund's not allowed.
Speaker 1: No, at least not in the state of West Virginia where they've had a they've had a bad week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, theydon took our took our guns, and took our coach.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna let this finish because I'm contractually obligated to do so.
Speaker 3: We make no money off of this podcast. He's lying.
Speaker 1: It's the best jingle in sports. It's the best week of sports, it's the best time of the year, and we're here to tell you all about how Kansas is absolutely positively one going to the second weekend of the NCAA tournament. No questions asked. This is inside the pain. How are you guys?
Speaker 3: I have questions to ask, I don't have any answers to provide.
Speaker 1: Oh no, well, no, worries. Guys, no worries, because whenever you's has his head of his ask so much is your coach. You go to the second weekend of every fifth NCAA tournament. Why would this not be the one?
Speaker 2: H gestures back at the last two months of podcasts.
Speaker 3: I can think of reasons.
Speaker 1: Why let's just go ahead and look back at the at the last the season and see how it's gone. And oh, but hey, it's a new season. Wait no, that was the it's a new new season. No, that was the Big twelve tournament. Okay, new new new season. Oh no, why not? Why not them? Hashtag why not them? This is inside the Paint on Rock Chalk Blog tournament show. One day later than expected, we were at the I spent a lot of the last couple of days at the VET. That's why we end up having to push it back an extra day. Uh. Pet's doing a lot better now. They diagnosed them with a severe case of watched the Jayhawks this year, or as Cam said, they had been listening to too much Fran for Shilla, so we had to we had to get that checked out. But one day later, here we are my dedicated and confident and confident and dedicated co hosts. They're here anytime I need them. This is IP. I'm Ryan Landrath unless I have.
Speaker 2: Something more interesting going on, I'm Landing.
Speaker 3: Fields and I'm Seth Davis's Sherpy.
Speaker 1: Oh that's that you rooted Cam. I forgot that's gonna be a thing again. Land And you're on the longest ITP streak since your first season. How about that you've been on fourt You've been on fourteen itps in a row. I did not fact check that, but looking at the numbers, you haven't been on fourteen itps in at least four years, maybe more.
Speaker 2: See with we were talking about Ryan's level of autism in the in the chat before the show, So I just assumed that you actually did know that or had that right somewhere.
Speaker 1: I really, I do know numbers enough to tell you this is show four ninety eight of ITP, which means what could past five hundred show five hundred. In case you're new here, every single milestone number show is an apocalyptic loss. Just if you if you go back and look at show three one hundred and three fifty four hundred four, it's always just happens to work out where it's not just a loss, but it's a oh my gosh, twenty eight point home loss at Texas sort of loss.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: And we'll see what happens because the Round of thirty two recap will be show number five hundred, But for now we will not be recapping a game or a loss, so we're gonna enjoy it. Here's what we're doing today on ITP. We're gonna open up with the draw that the Jayhawks received, give a couple minutes of analysis on that, tell you what we think of how they did on selection Sunday. They are the seven seed and a loaded West Region lined up in a in a little pod that has three Hall of Fame coaches, which is pretty cool, and the fourth one the coach of Omaha, Nebraska played in the NBA. So these guys know a thing or two about basketball. Then we're gonna do ask our CB your questions were submitted a couple of days ago. Then we're gonna do our full bracket round by round breakdown. We're gonna tell you who we picked, final four, pick, sleepers, upsets, all that stuff. Then we will end with a Kansas v Arkansas preview. That is who the Jayhawk we'll play first, and their route to six straight wins and glory is John cala Perry's Arkansas Razorbacks, who they opened the season with. And it went quite well.
Speaker 3: Right, Uh yeah, I don't. I don't think the game.
Speaker 2: Technically it didn't went one of the two ways that it could have gone, and the.
Speaker 1: Other way is good.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 1: So all right there, that's all those words to say. A lot of basketball. Take off your shoes, go ahead and get comfortable on the couch. You've had a lot of itp this week, and you'll have more of it because we'll have a first round recap. But you get done listening to the first part where we talked about Kansas is a big twelve tournament and how that went and all that. Go listen to that. Don't miss that one. Don't miss this one. All right, let's push the button. Let's get to work. Did we say our names? I am. I may be on the spectrum, but I also have ADHD and already forgot Did we say our names?
Speaker 2: Yes? We did?
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: Okay, anyway over and now so the Jayhawks draw. They're the seventh seed in the West, one of the last teams to hear their names called on Selection Sunday. They opened with ten seed Arkansas and one of the I can't remember the last time they opened up with a Power five opponent, because they're usually too high of a seed to do that. They're the lowest seed they've been in a quarter century, but still are wearing the whites in game number one. The two seed who they would presumably play next is Saint John's Rick Patino Zubi edge four looming in a potential Saturday matchup. The one is Florida, the two Saint John's to three Texas Tech, and then really none of the rest of it matters because Kansas probably is gonna play those teams. What was you guys's assessment of how this team did. Everybody always likes to say they got put in the region of death. Did they this time?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I think the draw is as good as you could hope, to be honest. I also that was not my takeaway watching this, because it doesn't like that. That's not what is going to affect Kansas this year. They got a solid draw. If you're looking for positives, like Arkansas is not a world beater by any stretch. They are very talented, but they cannot close games they have.
Speaker 3: I wish I knew that.
Speaker 1: You could also say that about I wish I knew another one.
Speaker 2: No kidding, Saint John's is very very good and has some elite players, doesn't score the ball at a crazy high rate, things like that. I don't think Saint John's is quite in the elite elite tier of the top four or five, as evidenced by them being a two seed. But again, Kansas is not inherently better than Arkansas, and they're definitely definitely not better than Saint John's. So yeah, I think the draw is good considering what it could have been. I also, as we will get into, I'm not sure how much that is going to matter.
Speaker 1: So Cam, if I look at this bracket, and if you knew Kansas was gonna be a seven seed, then there's four ten seeds. There is a New Mexico, there is Vanderbilt, there is Utah State, and there's Arca. I think you could make the argument that Arkansas would be one of the one or two games you'd prefer. Similarly, the two seeds. We knew that we didn't want them to play Alabama. We knew we didn't want to see them get paired with Tennessee, Michigan State and Saint John's were the two that would be on the more preferable side. Not saying they're gonna win those games, certainly not even gonna say they're gonna win one. But from a draw perspective, I think you have to feel like they did okay all things considered.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not bad. I mean the knee jerk reaction when you see a draw come out and it's John cal Perry in the first round, you're like, that's not ideal. But in reality, they're similar to Kansas, like Landon said, they can't close, close games or talented but haven't really put it together. And then Saint John's, on the other hand, they can't really score. So for Kansas to get see the Sweet sixteen, it's probably as good as they could ask for. That being said, we'll talk about it later. I would not be buying Sweet sixteen tickets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna talk all about it. And just kind of looking at their draw, my initial thoughts were we were obviously very unhappy with their draw two years ago when we thought they did enough to be the one seed in Kansas City and they got screwed over by Chris Reynolds. He put Houston there, and ironically it was Arkansas that was drawn as KU's eight. There. Kansas was a four point favorite in the one v. Eight game. Arkansas was far and away the eight seed we wanted to see them avoid, and the game wound up being a coin flip that they lost. Last year they were a four seed, so it wasn't really a huge talking point because no one was really anticipating a deep, deep run. But we knew that they got paired with Purdue, a team with the best player in college basketball last year, as their one in a potential Sweet sixteen game that didn't wind up happening because they got paired with Gonzaga top ten Ken Pom team as a five seed. That wasn't an optimal draw either. Overall, it's kind of sucks that the weakest Kansas team in recent memory got what I believe is the best draw I've seen them get in several years. I think this is the best draw, at least the way I felt on paper for Kansas since twenty seventeen. Whenever they got paired with the Oregon as their eventual three seed. That didn't go great. Louisville was their two that year, and I think we thought that's a good draw. Haven't felt as confident twenty eighteen. You may remember Landon buried his face in his hands on the live stream because they got Duke in Michigan State as the two in the three. Nineteen Auburn loomed in the round of thirty two. No one liked that twenty one USC A team that was favored over Kansas despite being the six in the six P three game twenty two. Things broke their way, but we thought that was a pretty tough draw, and then we talked about the last two years. I think they did okay. I'm not saying they're going to go to the Final four by any stretch. But if you look at the teams that are most poised with their draw, the six, the sevens, the eights, who could most likely make a deep run, I think you have to put Ku pretty high on that list of teams. We knew whenever we were getting through those teams, we knew we only had a few teams left to be called. Drake was sitting out there. Oh no, Drake's either getting Kansas or Missouri. We all knew it. They didn't get Kansas, they got Arkansas, and or Kansas through Arkansas instead. What do you guys think of the Arkansas matchup? I know we're gonna break that down here in a little bit, but overall, Kansas is a five point favorite in a seven v ten game. That's the highest spread of any of the seven v ten games. Analytically and metrically, that's a good draw for them.
Speaker 2: I think it is solid. Arkansas is really talented. Obviously, Kansas did lose, as we were joking about, to Arkansas like many months ago. That was a long time ago, in a preseason game, so I don't know how much bearing that really has. I do think Kansas should match up like they don't match up poorly, And again I don't trust Arkansas at all. I still am on the John cal Perry's kind of washed train, don't. I don't really think he's got it anymore, at least not like he used to. But maybe Bill self doesn't either, so we'll see. I think, weirdly, these are two pretty evenly matched teams. I would also favor Kansas, but I don't love it like I should. For Kansas playing a ten seed, I'm.
Speaker 1: Running back around the desk. Here I go. I was opening the window because that's really nice outside. One day before it's supposed to dump a couple inches of snow here tomorrow. It was eighty one grees in Kansas City today and tomorrow's low is in the mid twenties. Cam House Mission love this time of year.
Speaker 3: Man Mission was sixty five and sunny today.
Speaker 1: What's tomorrow? Because here comes the white snowstorm.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow's seventy and sunny.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable. It's a really nicer and freaking Detroit than it is here landing. You might have to drive through a snowstorm to come over and watch John Calipari Vvville self. Somebody posted a picture of Shaq and Kobe in their like late thirties and said, oh look it's Bill Self and John Caliperi in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: That's true, Yeah, it was kind of true.
Speaker 1: Would have been a great matchup just a few years ago. Imagine being told like six years ago that Rick Patino would be far and away the least washed of those three coaches. In just a few years.
Speaker 2: I would have been like, man Elon is the new Gonzaga? Where was it was Elon.
Speaker 3: He was at Iona.
Speaker 1: I oh, I thought it was an Elon Musk joke, and I was getting ready to say, did you know that Elon Musk? If you fill out I don't know if you have to have it perfect or not you have to win some sort of contest, but if so, you may very well win a trip to Mars. I think was the deal. If you had like a perfect bracket or a certain percentile bracket, you win a SpaceX trip to Mars, which means you would have one trip tickets.
Speaker 2: Does that budget come out of the Department of Education's budget or like where's that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Why would you want to go to Mars of all places? Like? What what are we going?
Speaker 1: I on that one. I'm struggling to come up with it.
Speaker 2: Have you ever watched Martian Cam It looks sick.
Speaker 3: I just think if Kansas gets obliterated in the tournament this year, I might go to Mars.
Speaker 1: Anyway, it's gonna take you a while to get there. I think they said it's going to take like three months and on rocket speed. So you have to be able to put yourself to sleep, Like, just.
Speaker 3: Give me some low grade horse tranquilizer.
Speaker 1: I'll be fine, all right, let's tell on that. Okay, we're gonna do something a little different. We're gonna do ASCARCB right off the bat here. So we're all very optimistic on how the j birds did in their draw, which means we all have them going very deep in the tournament, which we will tell you about here. Whenever we make our answer, I have to scroll and find the ASSCARCB. So you two entertain the audience for a few minutes.
Speaker 2: That's Cam's job.
Speaker 3: I feel like a medieval court gesture that just like shows up with a trumpet and a hat and like everyone just looks at me for entertainment. Then I get beheaded for making a joke about the king's wife.
Speaker 2: But at least you got to read your bet slip before that, you know, if you know?
Speaker 3: Do you think so? I think Ryan was meant to live in medieval times because you know that all the queen's and medieval times were really big, because they.
Speaker 1: I was, I was wondering what it was. It was either gonna because lots of people had autism or lots of people.
Speaker 3: He was on that.
Speaker 1: I was wondering, which I think.
Speaker 3: I think what happened in medieval times is if you were on the Charter Spectrum. They just burned you at the State because I thought you were a witch.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, straight to the guillotine is what happened. Yeah yeah, Hey, r J. Davis made a three. Speaking of Cam's best flip, Cam give us an update on how we're watching North Carolina beat the Brakes off of San Diego State, and allegedly CAM might have a little bit of interest in this matchup.
Speaker 3: It's not alleged, it's confirmed. It is. Uh, I'm gonna need r. J. Davis to score a lot in the second half, but uh yeah, you know it might.
Speaker 2: Be alright here, the just known as Sam has taken A. J. Davis to score over sixteen and a half points or whatever.
Speaker 3: Actually it was it was it was twenty. So that's how.
Speaker 1: Many does he have? He's got at least eight?
Speaker 3: Is he? Is he eight?
Speaker 1: Okay, well it's still the first half.
Speaker 2: Well you better hope for San Diego State comeback.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, he's getting he's getting his knee taped up right now. They're showing so that's not great.
Speaker 3: Oh wonderful.
Speaker 1: All right, let's do ask rock chalk blug and then we'll get into the brackets. So the results from our ITP draft, did either of you see the final results?
Speaker 2: I lost.
Speaker 3: I know that you did lose winning.
Speaker 1: They got closer. CAM wound up winning. That CAM was way ahead early and then I made a very very frightful ballots get Cam finished with forty four percent of the four hundred and thirteen votes. I was right behind at forty and Landon was at sixteen. So we did all get votes, uh and all of the people. But I do see several people in the comments that say that, including at Dick Underscore or butt Kissy says Landon won by a mile.
Speaker 3: Ryan called the called Elon mussine. He needed to find exactly thirteen votes.
Speaker 1: And it didn't happen because.
Speaker 3: They open FEC complaint for that one.
Speaker 1: Here's a few complaints are complaints. Here's a few comments in response to that tweet that I will answer rapid fire at Forever Young twelve Underscore thirty four. How do you have Embid coming off the bench because it's Bill self who would start Jamari trailer over Joel embiid. Let's see here at race thirty one, x Cam's team would be a ten point favorite against the two other teams know they would not, and Cam was bet on that and lose. Hey do you see they just showed on TV? Do you see they just showed on TV sitting courtside of this game.
Speaker 3: Joseph Stalin himself.
Speaker 1: Without the mustache though, and probably a bigger bank account. North Carolina's athletic director and his blue tie is sitting courtside after putting North Carolina to do that.
Speaker 3: Man, you just can't go to this game. If you do that, you can't go to the game. Dude, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: I agree at Jacat says what says? No Christian Brown question mark? No Christian Brown is definitely there. And that's that's I didn't write anything that crazy.
Speaker 3: Oh r J.
Speaker 1: Davis makes a buzzer beater, Cam, You're more than halfway.
Speaker 3: There, babe, Come on, that wasn't Davis?
Speaker 1: It was it? Yeah, I was gonna say it definitely was. All right, degenerates, Wow, North Carolina is just boat racing San Diego State here, all right, here are the ascarcbs at show me Hawk, how would the three teams you drafted do in this year's sixteen team Big twelve with.
Speaker 3: A twenty game schedule better than this one.
Speaker 1: I mean I want to I want to, Yes, I want to say they go like nineteen and one, But that wouldn't even be enough to win it outright.
Speaker 3: For real? That is wild the thing, Oh no.
Speaker 1: Because they would have beat Houston at home likely and then therefore they would have right.
Speaker 2: Well, that would have made both well maybe, I mean that still makes Houston. Eighteen and two.
Speaker 1: I think eighteen and two is the record that I would bet if you gave me any of those teams. They're still probably getting tripped up a couple of times. And I'm not necessarily saying that they're going to lose the league title to Houston because they would have had two matchups with Houston in this scenario to maybe change one of them. But I think they win eighteen and lose two. I think that's the most likely outcome. If you put one of these teams in the Big twelve and play the season one thousand times, I think the most common record is eighteen and two.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Maybe I would probably go seventeen and three, just because eighteen and two is so so hard to do. Yeah, but they would be very very good.
Speaker 3: I think eighteen and two is probably sweet spot at show.
Speaker 1: Me Hawk has the next handful of questions here says I thought Kansas has had a better lead up to the tournament than last year's team, which felt like a dead man walking without Kevin mccullor. It hasn't necessarily translated to all wins because they're not elite, but it's hard to argue that they're not playing better than they did earlier in the year. I agree with that. You look back at since they started the new season. You slammed Oklahoma State, you beat Colorado, You had the narrow home loss the Tech, who we recognized as a top ten team. You lost narrowly at Houston, who he recognized as a top five team. You beat Arizona, you beat UCF in a game where you showed you can shoot the ball, and then you lost the Arizona who's also a four seed. You got three losses all the top four seeds. They are playing better, but Landon is what you said. They're playing better basketball and still losing to teams that are better than them, which were not used to seeing.
Speaker 2: Yes, I do agree with the premise that they are playing better, certainly better than the last years team was. But yeah, maybe that bodes well for Arkansas, and I mean, hey, Kansas still is a team. If they get hot and have a great night, they can be in any game with these teams.
Speaker 1: Cam, do you think it's fair to say that if Kansas plays as well as they've played the last handful of weeks, they should beat Arkansas and they should be right in a rock fight with Saint John's down to the last couple minutes.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean if they do that, they're going to beat Arkansas and then they'll be tied with about four minutes left with Saint John's and then they'll lose by twelve.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's exactly how yep? Yeah, can we get Travis Goff as the committee chair next year and have him polar reverse twenty twenty three to give Kansas a favorable reason and send to Houston out west with five top fifteen Ken Pomb teams. I don't get the Houston venom. I know that in this scenario, you're getting revenge on Houston. I sent out a tweet after Houston won the Big twelve, and I wasn't trying to be a total kiss ass, but I just said, like, they are undisputedly the king of the Big twelve, and they're a very likable team. It's not easy that you find a team that wins that much. It's that easy to root for. I like Calvin Samson. I like the way that they've built their team. None of those guys have done anything that would make fans say, you know what, I don't like those guys. I think the only reason that you're a Kansas fan that you don't like Houston. I think the only possible way for that is you're jealous. They they showed up and stole your girl. They are who you used to be, and now it's on you to get back to that level. Like, I think jealousy is the only way that Kansas fans can dislike what what Houston has built. Yeah, I agree with that, and then show me hawk, says Bill A Kansas basketball starting five with current Chiefs defensive players, Cam, can you name five Chiefs defensive players?
Speaker 3: Uh? Does Lizzo count? I have nothing? Literally?
Speaker 1: All right, So Landon, this is this is a you and I question. Then Chris Jones is your center?
Speaker 3: Right? That's easy?
Speaker 2: Yeah for sure? Yep.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Maybe got Trent McDuffie playing one of the wings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, athletic and and and kind of a hybrid there. I kind of want Nick Bolton on the low block like he can he can bang around a little bit will Yes, Yes, I I think that's a good fit. Uh, you need who's your who's your? I would love to have Justin Reid as my point guard because he's he seems like a real smart dude. Uh, that athlete. But he's not here as all chief safeties go, So so who else is? Who else do we got out there? We can put Charles A. Minihu out on the wing. He's a big body, he can knock down some shots.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty athletic.
Speaker 1: I guess he's not here either. He's a free agent, but I'm gonna roll with it because he hasn't left yet.
Speaker 2: Uh, maybe maybe Brian Cooks your point guard.
Speaker 1: That's gotta be the answer. Yeah, the guy who's gonna who's gonna wear the the dot and the secondary and is gonna and then uh.
Speaker 2: Leo Chanel and Drew tranquill are are your your Tolkien white guys?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I was just say Leo Chanel's gotta be our our token white guy of the game. That has to happen. Yeah, block The Broncos hopes and dreams. I will give show me Hawk kudos because he has been banging the Kansas needs to get Villanova scheduled as a regular non conference opponent drum for a while, and so he's very happy that now Kyle Neptune is gone, so it's time to lift the embargo and schedule Villanova rotate between Allen field House, T Mobile Center and then the two Philadelphia pavilions. I agree that should be in their rotation. We saw it nineteen and twenty. Cam was at that game. Cam, so was I. We were so close. I don't know how you didn't come up and say hi at some point.
Speaker 3: I'm like ninety nine percent sure that I mentioned something about running into you and then you didn't respond.
Speaker 1: So that doesn't sound like me. I would I was Cam's biggest fan. Cam is always asked good questions.
Speaker 3: I I just assumed, and rightfully so, that I am psychotic and didn't want to meet me, which is probably fair.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, I assure you. If I had known the opportunity to meet you was there, I would have. Cam has been asking, as asked ARCB since like the second season of the show, So I would have loved that. Do you remember, Uh, do you remember some of your first askarcbs?
Speaker 3: I don't, but I think if I remember correctly, a lot of them were actual basketball questions, and I thought you guys had genuine, like insider knowledge. And then I could listen to the show and I'd be like, this is my hope to get inside info. And then now I'm on the show, I realized we're all just idiots with headphone.
Speaker 1: Cam absolutely believed that Daniel was like this internal recruiting acts I did, and he was like, who are we getting in this recruit And Daniel would make Daniel would go all a politician and act like he knew what he was talking about. Well, I've heard from a couple sources that I like how they're doing with I don't know, Julius Randall, and Cam was like, who all right, we're gonna.
Speaker 3: Get him, yeah, just like RJ. Hampton, like all the anther Ones.
Speaker 1: Oh my good, do you guys remember the art? I got up at like seven in the morning to watch Jetson put on a New Zealand breaker's hat.
Speaker 3: I was at the.
Speaker 2: I was in Michigan, I was in the Upper Peninsula. I watched it on my aunt's television. Well that was deeply disappointing, very much so.
Speaker 1: And then that was the only reason they got Jalen Wilson, wasn't it. Those two were friends.
Speaker 3: Oh, I think you're right. Yeah, I actually worked out pretty well.
Speaker 1: That's why Jalen Wilson pulled his letter of intent back from Michigan. I remember DeAndre Ayton was thought to be just a Kansas dunk and then suddenly he wasn't. And then Sean got popped. Yeah, exactly. TJ gas Noola didn't do enough heavy lifting in those days, and like Ayden was thought to be like the like like. It was like Shaq was coming in to play college basketball and he was very underwhelming. Uh, and then they lost to Buffalo. Do you guys know who Buffalo's coach was that day?
Speaker 3: Mmm? I should know the answer to this one. I think you guys.
Speaker 1: Remember that game? You guys remember Buffalo? Just all right? Yeah, what kind of if I had to ask you whose style did that resemble what Buffalo did to Arizona that day? Oh, it's Nat so much credit here, man, It's correct. It is NATO's Yeah, Nato, It's is Buffalo Bison And he got the Alaba, Amazon yep. Put it on Sweaty Sean Miller that day at Chris Sirgo too. It seems like the committee makes obviously terrible calls on seating year in year out. Teams like Michigan and louis got a really tough drap. Okay, here's a good good spot to bring in that point. What did you guys think of the bracket? How did the committee do?
Speaker 2: Inconsistent mostly well with some with some head scratchers like Louisville.
Speaker 1: Oh see, I think it's like one of the worst brackets I've ever seen. I think it's terrible. I think Kansas did well, but I think everything about it makes no sense.
Speaker 3: A lot of it doesn't mean I'm so not picky with a bracket.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I don't, I don't care about any of this because, like everyone complains, but there's only five teams that are ever gonna win the Natty anyway ninety percent of the time, So it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: Here's what that screwed up. Go ahead, Cam, go ahead.
Speaker 3: And I was just gonna say, no, you're fine. I was just gonna say that the Louisville one didn't make any sense because they're what ranked thirteenth or something like that.
Speaker 1: A couple things with Louisville that don't make any sense. First of all, Auburn, the number one overall seed, draws Louisville, an eight seed, and Lexington, Kentucky. It's a road game for the number one overall seed right out of the chuet, assuming they get past Creighton. You have another number one seed in Houston who draws Gonzaga as an eight seed, who is a top fifteen Ken Palm opponent, as a round of thirty two team. That doesn't make any sense. Obviously, the Louisville eight seed is preposterous. Memphis is the five. There is a legitimate conspiracy going around on Twitter that the committee just messed up and accidentally switched their seeds. Like whenever you look at the analytics and the metrics, there's a lot of data that suggests that Memphis should have been the eight place exactly where Louisville was, and the committee just fed it up. Wait, I don't know if that's what happened.
Speaker 3: Yes, it doesn't just make sense, doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: And obviously the West Virginia call North Carolina gets in West Virginia's had an awful week. I've said this many times. I don't need to watch West Virginia as a ten seed losing the first round of the NCAA Tournament. I don't need that. But yeah, don't act like there is don't act like there is any data or analytics or metrics or anything that makes sense to put North Carolina over West Virginia. You wanted eyeballs in this first four, that's the answer.
Speaker 3: They won one to swap the seeds by x. There's no like, in no universe does it make sense to have emphasis a five seed. There's just no that's yeah, Resime, that makes no sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought it was. I thought they really did a pretty poor job all things considered that, especially for the two one seeds. Auburn gets to go on the road and play Louisville in the round of thirty two, and they should be a five seed. And then Houston gets Gonzaga as an eight seed. Saint Mary's is a seven howl on Earth? Is Gonzaga and Gonzaga favored over Saint Mary's Like, I'm so over Saint Mary's racking up wins and getting rewarded with a seed way higher than they should like Gonzaga is better than Saint Mary's, Gonzaga should be a higher seed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't even know. Yeah, I agree ratings.
Speaker 1: So that's that's my two cents. There's always a couple of things to complain about. But I thought two of the one seeds got done especially dirty. And the Louisville thing is preposterous. And I think West Virginia is the biggest snub in the history of the modern day NCAA tournament format.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all of that may well be true. Uh, the Levil Mephis thing is is pretty interesting also though, if you're West Virginia, just don't be a little team, man, be a better basketball team.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we were all on that. We told you in the show landon and I did the UCF free cap when West Virginia lost that game to Colorado. That there is always a team projected as a nine or ten seed going in the champ Week that loses in their first conference tournament game to a horrible team, and that team always winds up just missing the tournament. It happens to one team every single year because look at the teams that narrowly beat them out. Xavier Texas, Oklahoma. I know that that was by more than a little bit, but still North Carolina, all those teams won at least one, if not two games in their conference tournament. West Virginia did not. They beat Color out of their end. It's as simple as that.
Speaker 3: It's true. You're right.
Speaker 1: At rock Chock. AJ wants to know if this can be discussed more because it's blatant cheating and it's stuff about Indiana and West Virginia not being put in the tournament whenever you have North Carolina. We kind of just answered that India Indiana was.
Speaker 3: Another Pence has the courage.
Speaker 1: What do you want me to go play the Star Spangled banner video you sent me a couple of minutes ago.
Speaker 3: Can that's for a different time, Okay.
Speaker 1: I'll come back to that. Yes, I agree, Aj, it was.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 1: It's pretty wild and at at us in h one, Oh boy. If Ryan was stuck on an island, survivor. Okay, So we got a final four and survivor, which I believe begins with a I'm I'm competing against these individuals and challenges with fran Friscilla, Doug Sermons, and Brian Haney who comes out on top. Okay, first of all, I am beating those three and a Survivor final four. There is no way that an here goes fifty something that there is no way they're beating me at a physical endurance challenge dripping wet.
Speaker 3: But it's not You're gonna have to fistfight a gorilla on like the first day and you'll be dead.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I think this is like a legitimate Survivor setting, it says Survivor style, unless we're just legitimately stuck on an island, in which case I'm dying and not a reality Okay, then yes, it's me who comes out on top. I would probably bet on Doug's sermons because he is in the best shape. He's a ref he clearly has to be in pretty good shape. Fran sucks balls, and Brian Haney is uh, I there's been there's been a little great guy who love right. Yes, and I'm I'm I'm a fan of Brian Haney. Cam don't say anything, and uh, but he's also he's also in his like fifties, like he's probably not doing too well in as.
Speaker 3: There is a life raft at this point, Ryan would give the wife raft of Brian.
Speaker 1: Haney over Fran and Dougie as I would.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying you'd give it to him and you'd stay on the island. That's the trajectory we're on.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's what an arci is, folks. Elliott also asks, no, that will not happen at Elliott says Elliott Veruson says, actual basketball question, who is your favorite team seeded at least an eleven or worse to make a run in the dance this year? It doesn't have to be someone you picked. Just give me a seat eleven or worse that you like to make a run the act. The answer here is either High Point or you see San Diego. Those are the two that are like right there. Drake isn't eleven, But They're not my favorite to make a run because I think their path is tougher. I think it opened up. You see San Diego has Michigan and an A and m and their path that they want to do it, and I think that's a good path for them.
Speaker 2: I agree with that. I think Liberty. Maybe I haven't watched a lot of Liberty this season, but I think Liberty grades out as a team that could pull an upset or so. I think they'd be one to watch. Of course, they have Duke theoretically not far down the line. Don't love that if that's what it comes to, but I think they could be interesting. Akron likes to fill it up. Akron, I think kind of sucks. But they score a lot of points, and that's you know, done teams a lot worse in the past.
Speaker 3: Don't really huge underdog.
Speaker 1: Akron's like a seventeen point underdog. I guess it's they're bad.
Speaker 2: They're bad. I'm just saying they a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Arizona's minus sixteen right.
Speaker 3: Now, So you're telling me Akron money line is what I'm hearing.
Speaker 1: And then here is the last question before we get into brackets. Here at Dick Underscore Taser the Almighty Boot, his staffa appears and offers you one one hundred thousand dollars to bet on a tournament champion. You get two options option one Duke Auburn, Houston and Michigan. State to the rest of the field, what's your pick, and he adds your significant other has to chop off a finger and a toe if you lose, so no pressure ha ha loophole bay.
Speaker 3: I win.
Speaker 1: I would take those four teams.
Speaker 3: Is Florida? Did you say Florida was in it?
Speaker 1: Nope, Michigan State instead of Florida. I think that. I think there's logic here. I think Florida instead of Michigan's. I think that's why you put them in there. I think that the four to one seeds is an easy slant towards those fours. I think taking out Florida for Michigan State makes this tougher. I would take those four teams. Duke's the best team of flags healthy. Auburn had the best resume, and he is the best team at flag is not healthy.
Speaker 2: I would also take the four teams.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you have to.
Speaker 1: But yeah, most years that's not the case. Most years I'm not picking four teams over the field. I think this year it's a little bit more clear cut. And we are now going to blow the airhorn and what we feel unlucky we do in a one take show. Let's just do a one take show, all right, let's give it a go. Okay, so let's talk brackets. If you have not already, you go to the Rock Chalk Blog Twitter or just type in rock Chalk Blog Pool to Google. I would think that would work. It's on ESPN. The link is at the top of Rock Chalk Blog. Twitter Join the bracket Challenge. We're all in it. All the ITP regulars are in it. You may see some names that you recognize as podcast references bonus points. If you name your entry after your favorite ITP thing that's been said this year or NIGHTSP reference. You could name your entry this right here, your.
Speaker 3: Gas suck ass.
Speaker 1: And you could yeah what Cam just said. You could name it that. You could name something about Cam allegedly losing United States currency on a regular basis, whatever you like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could name it five candle dump.
Speaker 1: You could name it Ryan's Brian Haney arc.
Speaker 3: Uh. Yeah. A lot of things I want to say that I can't say right now.
Speaker 2: They're already one that was a deranged Robert Frost or whatever.
Speaker 3: Which was that's not you?
Speaker 1: I thought that was Cam.
Speaker 3: No, it's not. That's my minus Charles E. Cheese Animatronic, Okay, that's that's yeah.
Speaker 1: I also checks out and considering who they play in the first round, guys, I'm gonna be real disappointed if no one's name in this isn't.
Speaker 3: Penis what's wrong with that?
Speaker 1: Like, come on, that's a layout right in front of you. All right, let's pick the bracket. So everybody's got their bracket in front of you. These are your final picks. You cannot change them. You can get bragging points, Shriver, but for your rock chock blog pool, we are locking in our picks right now. Landon, why don't you start in the South region you can drive for a little bit. Or do we want to go do we want to do the entire first round and then after we do the first round region by region we'll just go all the way? Or how what's the best way to do.
Speaker 2: This first round region by region and then mo through it?
Speaker 1: All right, let's go, you lead the charge, Okay?
Speaker 2: Up top. As of tonight's recording, Alabama State will be number one overall. Auburn's matchup, we're all taking the Tigers, right, No, third sixty ten seed getting the win.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not this time. Not the purduees. Not on the other side there.
Speaker 2: And then in that eight nine, as we've already discussed kind of at length here, we got eight Louisville versus nine Creighton, two tough teams. They both had pretty good seasons I think it'll be a really interesting matchup. Where are you guys thinking?
Speaker 3: I for mine, I actually have Creighton in this one. I have Creighton beating Louisville. Klek Brenner. I think McDermott's a good coach. Gim me Creighton.
Speaker 1: Creighton's my favorite nine in Louisville is my favorite eight. So I don't like how these teams are paired against each other. I'm going with Louisville because of the geographic advantage. They're in Lexington there. It's basically a coin flip. I'll go with the team that is at home that I think has been playing better as of late.
Speaker 2: Same yeah, I like Louisville here. And then in the five to twelve, a Michigan team that just they won the Big Ten title game against you see San Diego, which will be a very popular upset picks. You see San Diego went thirty and four this season. I think they have the nation's longest winning streak. I think it's like fifteen games. They're playing very well. You guys taking the upset, I am, I'm taking you see San Diego.
Speaker 3: I'm not. I think Michigan's playing really well right now. I like Michigan.
Speaker 1: I love U see San Diego here. They are just a two point underdog as a twelve v.
Speaker 3: Five.
Speaker 1: I don't trust Michigan's offense. I know that the two seven the two seven footers do make this scary. It wouldn't surprise me if if you see Sandie can't do anything with that. But Michigan hasn't been very good at defending the three ball, and that is that is definitely a strength of their opponent here. I do like the twelve seed with the upset.
Speaker 2: Then we got four seed Texas A and M taking on thirteen seed yl Yale, team that has pulled an upset or two in the past. Do we think they have another one in them?
Speaker 1: Not this time A and M beats them?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Yale is kind of stinky.
Speaker 3: Give me the Aggies.
Speaker 1: It's an interesting matchup, and certainly A and M isn't a team that I'm just screaming to, that's screaming pick me and have me go go deep in the tournament. But Wade Taylor exists, and that's usually enough. When one of the top four seeds has a iconic superstar like that, those teams normally don't lose. You're looking for recipes to pick a four seed to lose, a five seed to lose. If they have a superstar, those odds go down quite a bit. Look at North Carolina right now. I know that they're not a four or five seed, but whenever two teams are kind of even and one as a superstar and one doesn't, usually the tiebreaker.
Speaker 2: Moving out of the bottom half of the South, here we got six seed Ole Miss taking on eleven seed probably North Carolina based on how that first half went. Will Ole Miss uh choke or do the choking?
Speaker 3: You know? Yeah, they're gonna beat the poop. No, I'm gonna take I'm gonna take you and see here.
Speaker 1: Yes I am too. Playing teams always win a game. North Carolina's up twenty seven points. R J. Davis is almost outscoring the Aztecs by himself. I believe that they are going to win the Targe Hills. They're really not supposed to be here, but usually they whenever you get in there, they usually win a game. The playing team winner.
Speaker 3: Does fortunate name RJ or BJ.
Speaker 1: You know Canada, twenty nine years of life, I never in a thousand years put that first one together and now I see that name. You are sorry, he's Animatromet himself is out here taking names.
Speaker 3: Go for reliad I have ole Miss winning this game.
Speaker 2: I don't actually trust you and C at all.
Speaker 1: What's your logic on that? Because everybody seems to like ole Miss being upset here? Is it? Is it like they've been like, I don't know that you're all in on the SEC? I guess or is it just you don't trust you and C.
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: I'm a little bit all in on the SEC. I'm certainly not all in on ole Miss. U and C has just kind of proven themselves to be a very mediocre team and a not good conference this year. Yes, they're blitzing San Diego State, so don't get me wrong there, like U and C could pull this. But ole Miss has been like a pretty solid team. Yeah, obviously they've they've like taken their lumps, everyone in that conference has. But I think ole Miss is a much more battle tested team than North Carolina. But similar to your your Wade Taylor idea with Texas A and M, it would it's hard to bet against R. J. Davis come tournament time. But also, I just don't think U and C is very complete.
Speaker 1: All right, that's fair, that's fair. It should be. The game is gonna be really close by points spread. I do think more R J. Davis points. I mean, I'm excited to see what happened.
Speaker 3: I'm so locked in right now.
Speaker 2: Number three Iowa State. They will it's keishon Gilbert. He is out correct, he's out for the tournament.
Speaker 1: He's done for the tournament. That's a big loss for them. I think they'll get past lipscumb here, who does shoot a lot of threes. Is gonna be one of the highest scoring games of the first round. But that's not great for their prognosis. Now, prognosis, what's wrong with prognosis? Prognosis means is that a word?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I am stupid.
Speaker 1: I've been here in the I've been hearing the VET a lot say prognosis like, okah, that's fair. So R J. Davis gets fouled on a three cam that is coming up here.
Speaker 3: Come, I'm so such a degenerate.
Speaker 2: We like number seven Marquette or ten New Mexico. It's marcav Shaka cum tournament time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it is Markatt. I think that the Golden Eagles are the better team. Pretty disappointing ending to their regular season, but I think they're better. The Mountain West never does well in this tournament, as evidenced by what the Aztecs are doing right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they need the owl Man as well.
Speaker 2: Cam does Sparty start the Natty run against fifteen Bryant.
Speaker 3: They start a run, not a Natty run, but they do beat Bryant.
Speaker 1: I agree, yes, there if I had to beat on a top two seed losing in the first round, it's this one. Brian's kind of nasty.
Speaker 3: I Michigan State is not losing to Brian.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think they will. But that's the that's the one that I deal with, all right, Cam drive the East as R. J. Davis misses a free throw and leaves you a little bit further away from a big win. But you still have lots of time. What does he have? Sixteen? If you can't score four points in the last seventeen minutes of this game, then that's how it goes Man's why that's why you call the number.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know in the East region, I assume we're all taking number one seed Duke over the Winter of American or mainstream media whatever MSM stands for.
Speaker 1: Cooper. Flagg said he's gonna play, and that's good enough for me. Blue Devils, Yes.
Speaker 3: Sir checks out. Okay, eight nine game Mississippi State or Baylor, boy?
Speaker 2: This is this is like I like Baylor to get one.
Speaker 1: See I I have Baylor mocked in.
Speaker 3: Here, I have Mississippi State. I I don't trust Baylor at all.
Speaker 1: Baylor is a little bit of an underdog. I am gonna say that they win this game, and I hate it. I'm just nausea saying it. But I'm using my logic of the superstar. They have one. His name is VJ. Edgecombe. I think he gets them past Mississippi State. But that's a bad idea. And Camp this is why Camp one pick him. He's right and we're wrong.
Speaker 3: I don't know. We'll see. What about five twelve Oregon versus Liberty.
Speaker 1: I sense an upset coming from the other from land in here. Am I right?
Speaker 2: You are right, Liberty. They defend well and they shoot three as well, And that's good enough for me to be the sleepy Organ team.
Speaker 1: It feels like Organ's always in the five to twelve games. Sometimes they're the twelve and sometimes they're the five.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 3: I yep, I think three.
Speaker 1: I think they might just be as weird as this sounds. They might just be the team that I think goes the furthest in the Big Ten. Give me the Ducks.
Speaker 3: Oh that's crazy, take I will take the docks. Here we have Arizona versus Acron and a four v thirteen matchup.
Speaker 1: A lot of points Arizona's better, though Arizona's much better.
Speaker 2: I think this will be a game that is, like weirdly a little closer than it should be. But Arizona wins by a fair hit.
Speaker 1: Tommy Lloyd does not have a great track record in the NCAA tournament, So what could they screw We just talked about Buffalo, and I know that wasn't Tommy Lloyd, but still could we see them screw around? Yes? But normally two teams that are this far apart of the seed line when one play, when they play similar styles, normally the better version wins out. Unless it's Alabama or it's Arizona v. Princeton.
Speaker 3: It's true, that is true. Interesting interesting match up here, and yeah, I'm taking Arizona. Interesting matchup. Peer number six seed BYU versus eleven seed VCU do you guys smell an upset?
Speaker 2: It's close, but no.
Speaker 1: No, I don't. BYU lost in the spot last year. I don't think it happens again. This is a great clash of styles. Team that shoots a lot versus one of the best defensive teams. I think VCU is kind of underseedd, but I think BYU is a sleeper.
Speaker 3: Gimme the Cougars. I actually just changed my pick to BYU, so I will take BYU as well. Three seed Wisconsin versus fourteen seed Montana.
Speaker 1: Wisconsin is a huge favorite, like this should be their win. Montana asn't. Montana hasn't done a whole lot this year, but they have been They have been bad a lot. As an upset, I don't think. I agree.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Wisconsin is is pretty legitimately good. To give me the.
Speaker 3: Badgers, yep, give me the Badgers. Here we have Oh Saint Mary verse number ten, Vanderbilt, Landon's favorite school seven v ten.
Speaker 2: Who do we have not Mary's double digits?
Speaker 1: Yeah that's the answer.
Speaker 3: St.
Speaker 1: Mary's gonna be sucks yep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, crazy that Kansas is the same seed line as them. And then we have two seed Bama verse number fifteen seed Robert Morris. Fun fact, a guy named Robert Morris was arrested for leude axe last night. I can't remember where, but that is true.
Speaker 1: Why not only Cam knows this?
Speaker 3: I saw this online, dude as yeah, something about a minor not ideal whoa remember it's all like until proven guilty, Like he was.
Speaker 1: Pushing the card of gold and didn't get enough gold for the day.
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 1: Is that what you mean there?
Speaker 3: Right? Sure, I don't know what you mean by that, but why.
Speaker 2: Not you want to bring his canary into a mind shaft?
Speaker 1: They will Robert Morris will not will have as good of a week as that Robert Morris did because Alabama will sit on them.
Speaker 2: Yeah yep yeah, Alabama by many points.
Speaker 1: In the Midwest. Number one, Houston is going to destroy s i U e as proof that we have too many teams that are too many colleges, if that's one. And then Gonzaga and Georgia in the eight nine game, This to me feels like the most lopsided of the eight nines. I think Gonzaga wins by a lot. Georgia's had a pretty nice year, but they did not get a nice straw here.
Speaker 2: Give me Oga because athletic team and lose.
Speaker 1: Interesting, Okay, I see, I don't see that one at all. I I maybe sipping the ken palm and the bar Torvic and all that a little bit too much. But I think that I think Gonzaga they have the experience, they have one of the best backcourts. I think that they are they are the pick to go and play Houston Totte.
Speaker 2: I agree Zaga are on paper a better team in every way, but that has not mattered to Gonzaga before.
Speaker 1: That's true, BPI and net and all that stuff like hasn't mattered. George is a better defensive team, so they're gonna have to play it their style. Clemson and McNeice in the five E twelve game, the Bulldogs had a real the Tigers, not the Bulldogs. The Tigers are just talking about the Bulldogs. Clemson Tigers had a really nice regular season. They are twenty seven and six, but that is the same record as McNeese State. Tigers are a eight point favorite. What say you?
Speaker 2: I think this is one where Clemson wins, but it's like by four and it's right down to the wire. McNee can't quite close exactly right.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna take McNeese here, give me Will Wade, all right?
Speaker 1: Yeah that every year I feel like Will Wade is in the turn. Did they draw Gonzaga last year and people were like, oh, that it'll be a good one and it wasn't even close.
Speaker 3: I think you're right.
Speaker 1: And then Purdue and high Point for the thirteen. High Point has a lot of hype behind it. This is the most bet on thirteen over four upset Perdue just an eight point favorite in this game. But they have Braden Smith. He's one of the best players in college basketball. Named the first Team All America today. I think Purdue has kicked a little bit of their early round woes. I do think they get past high Point.
Speaker 2: I don't high Point can fill it up. And Purdue is Purdue. Yeah, they did make the Natty last year, but why not follow that up with the first round exit again? Sandwich again? Runner up with two first round losses of double digit seeds.
Speaker 3: I hate that I'm doing this because Seth Davis has it, but I'm gonna take high Point two.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Well look at you guys.
Speaker 2: Cam's been Bobby Pettiford. It's never hurt me most of the year.
Speaker 1: That's right. Bobby Pettiford's starting point guard of High Point. Illinois draws the sixth seed in the Midwest and they will play the winner of Texas and Xavier and the next playing game happening on Wednesday night. I don't think it matters who they play. Illinois is getting healthier. They had a pretty good run in the Big Ten tournament. I think the fighting a line and I get a win.
Speaker 2: Give me Texas. Oh and a pick that has never failed me before and will never fail me again.
Speaker 1: Tons of orange in that half of the bracket, that quarter of the bracket.
Speaker 3: Yeah, true, wow, wild pick man, I'm gonna take I'm gonna take Illinois here.
Speaker 1: Number three. Kentucky. They have been a disaster in recent memory. In the first round, we saw the Saint Peter's game, we saw the Oakland game. Ironically, Landon and I watched both of those games together. But unless you come back back to back days, we won't see their potential loss to Troy. Is that one that you think will happen?
Speaker 2: No, I think Kentucky wins that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Kentucky for sure.
Speaker 1: Kentucky's only an eleven point favorite. Like that's pretty small for a three over fourteen, but there is they're They're really good at just plot out outscoring infeerior opponents, and I think that's what happens here. Number seven Ucla draws Number ten Utah State in the very bottom right of the bracket. I think the Aggies pull the upset. I am not impressed in anyway with anything UCLA has done all year, and the Aggies score a lot of points. They average almost eighty two points per game. That works for me. I'll take the upset.
Speaker 3: Same Yeah, Mick Cronin comes up short again.
Speaker 1: And then we think number two Tennessee will destroy Wafford, who is one of the worst teams in the field, but you know they played an entertaining conference title game.
Speaker 2: I am taking Tennessee.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, Rick barnes.
Speaker 1: Land, and I guess that means you drive the West region. We didn't used to let Nick do this twice for obvious reasons, but we can let you.
Speaker 2: Do it twice. I appreciate that level of respect. We're all taking Florida. I think I think Florida has become maybe one of the two favorites three favorites of this turn. I think Florida is outstanding. I think they should have been higher than even the fourth one seed, but Florida's really good. While taking Florida over Norfolk State and then Yukon Oklahoma are two favorite coaches going head to head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think this is the one of the biggest mismatches. Like if I told you right now that an eight seed moves to the Sweet sixteen, would Yukon be your pick?
Speaker 2: We will find out. We'll find out soon about that question.
Speaker 1: Wow, that that's interesting. I believe Yukon will win.
Speaker 2: I agree, I think they do win this game. Five Memphis overseeded Memphis playing twelve Colorado State, a very dangerous Colorado State team they've been playing. Well, who you guys got to here? You guys got the upset? Are you like Penny Hardaway and the Tigers?
Speaker 3: I have the upset? Give me Colorado State?
Speaker 2: Okay, I do not.
Speaker 1: Have the upset. Pick Colorado State, who is a two point betting favorite.
Speaker 2: I'm taking Memphis, No.
Speaker 1: Penny Hardaway, all right, Landon. So in a few weeks, whenever Landon vengers into Chicago and yell something as his brothers, he's gonna be like, how did I finish last? And pick him. It's because you pick Penny Hardaway.
Speaker 2: Hey, he's in the dance, man, He's in the dance. He's got a good team. A twenty point win for this team. I take Memphis to win.
Speaker 1: Colorado State is favored, They're basically even in all of the metrics. I think they win the game.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's fine, you can do that. I'm going the opposite way, and that's legal for me to do.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 2: Is number four Maryland thirteen Grand Canyon. Maryland's really good and I think they're gonna win this game. Yep.
Speaker 3: Agree.
Speaker 1: Grand Canyon had a nice story last year. I don't think that's happening again. Tyan Grant Foster older than Zion Williamson, by the way, still playing college basketball.
Speaker 3: Pretty crazy Maryland.
Speaker 2: And then a matchup that I think one of the more intriguing first round matchups of the entire tournament. We have six Missouri against eleven Drake. They called it on the Selection show itself a clash of styles. Drake plays excellent defense, Missouri fills it up. This is maybe the sexiest upset pick of the tournament. Ryan, what do you think happens here? Drake Missouri?
Speaker 1: I think Missouri wins, and I don't think it's that close. I think this is such an over hyped upset pick. Everybody and their mother is saying, but what if Drake controls the tempo? Okay, what if they don't? What if Missouri hit three threes on him early and makes it nine to two, and then you're playing catch up the whole game, which is not Drake's style. Drake has a very good coach. They also have the best player in this game. Missouri has the next four best players. I think the Tigers offense carries them tired of hearing about Drake's defense isn't even that good. They played a slow pace, so their opponents score as many points think Virginia, but not as good actually defending the ball. I think that as our points. Cam, Yeah, Cam cash, that betting slip in the middle of my best analysis of the Cam on a bag just now the man is hot. But yes, I think I don't think it's that close. Give me the Tigers. What do you think, Drake?
Speaker 2: I'll take Drake now.
Speaker 3: It's I think only since before.
Speaker 1: Four the upset everybody says is going to happen is the one that doesn't.
Speaker 2: It that is extremely true. I agree with that. Very rarely happens.
Speaker 3: That's also what I think about High point two in some ways. So we're going to be wrong a lot.
Speaker 1: Yes, we are going to be the nature of the bracket. For the record, this is as confident, and you're never confident filling out a bracket, but like this is as more so than many years do. I look at this and think, Okay, this seems pretty straightforward. There's a handful of teams that are head and shoulders above everybody else. You may not get all the first and second round games right, but the teams are going to be standing at the end. It seems like it should be straightforward. It won't be, but on paper it seems like it should be.
Speaker 2: I agree. There are heavy favorites this year, more so than normal.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Three Texas Tech fourteen un C Wilmington. I like Tech a lot. I think Tech is in a second tier of teams that are really, really good, and I will take them to win.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: Same.
Speaker 1: Everybody always falls in love with UNC Wilmington. Oh, it's like Makenee's State. And I don't know if they've ever won one of these games. Did they beat Perdue or was that North Texas. I think that was North Texas. So forget that it was North Texas.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 1: They never I remember everybody thought they'd beat Virginia and they did. End they always are in this game and they never win it.
Speaker 2: Then we have a number seven Kansas playing ten bo Arkansas. Are we taking it right here?
Speaker 1: You got to let the brackets aga give me the j Birds. I think they take down Arkansas.
Speaker 2: Yep, in a game that makes you sweat your ball hair off. I'm gonna take.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna take Kansas as well.
Speaker 1: All three of us, all right, all together?
Speaker 3: Now, everybody play the music. Oh yes, Bill Seffer's John Calipari and the NCAA tournament this week silier than you thought.
Speaker 1: If we had been told at the beginning of the year it's it's Kansas and Arkansas, and the turnout, you'd be like, oh, what a sexy Elite eight game that's gonna be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like wow, one match up, that's amazing.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, Well, we're all taking the Jayhawks. We'll see how far that goes. I'm taking Saint John's to beat Omaha because Saint John's is a good team in Omaha is a fifteen yep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Omaha only has a screen.
Speaker 1: So now we move a little deeper into the tournament, and you all know the first round picks. So then if we all say are sweet sixteen's, then everybody should be able to figure out who we have win in the second round game. In my Sweet sixteen in the South, I have Auburn playing twelve seed you see San Diego. I think the Tigers get past Louisville into the facto road game, and then I think you see San Diego takes down not one, but two top five seeds and makes the Sweet sixteen. Then at the bottom of that region, I'll go to another double digit seed, this one the North Carolina Tariels to take down a shorthanded Iowa state team and meet tom Izzo Spartans, who do put up a stinker of an aff against Marquette but survive.
Speaker 2: I have also have twelve seed you see San Diego in my Sweet sixteen, all of them playing eight seed Louisville.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow, so that's the one you had. Auburn's lost three of four. You're a little spooked, huh Yeah, I mean we've been wondering if Auburn has peaked too early I'm gonna buy into that Louisville trending in the right direction.
Speaker 2: I think, yes, they lose to Duke. Everyone loses to Duke, so I'm gonna take I'm gonna take the Cardinal to take down Auburn in that game. That will set up eight Louisville versus twelve US of San Diego for me, I have three Iowa State beating Ole Miss. I know they're shorthanded, they've been short handed a different points in this year. They've still won a lot of games. So I'll take Iowa State over Ole Miss. Do not trust Ole Miss very much. And I'm take seven Marquette to upset Michigan State and get to the sweet sixteen in the South.
Speaker 1: A true busted bracket for you in the South with the one and the two going out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that one, that one got wacky.
Speaker 3: It might happen, you never know. Mine's a lot more shock. I have Number one Auburn beating Number nine Creighton. Auburn to the Sweet sixteen. I still think they're very good. Number five Michigan. I'm putting my faith in the Dusty May basket. Probably won't work well, but he's gonna take down Texas A and m go to the sweet sixteen. I have Iowa State actually beating North Carolina to get to the Sweet sixteen, and then Michigan State beating Shakas Smart to go to the Sweet sixteen, and.
Speaker 1: Then who's your final four team coming out of there? I have Auburn beating Michigan State the number one overall seed. That's a boring one over too, but the number one overall seed has made nine of the last twenty final four. It's basically a coin flip. I'll say it happens this year. Give me Jane I Broom to the final four.
Speaker 2: I have Louisville over Marquette as Louisville makes a final.
Speaker 1: Four run bonkers, landing bonkers.
Speaker 3: I have the third horseman of the apocalypse, Michigan State over Michigan to the final four.
Speaker 2: Michigan Elite eight would be electric, whole.
Speaker 1: State with it, and then Cam would Cam would have to see all the January February tweets from John Rod.
Speaker 3: I'm just so sick of it. I don't even care. I'm so sick of it. It's just so stupid. I'd like, you know, I don't even you guys, shouldn't have said it. I don't care.
Speaker 1: Tom Mizzo is a nice guy, but he hasn't wonted title since two thousand. I know he seems like an ass.
Speaker 3: No, he's a super nice guy, but he pisses me off because they never win.
Speaker 1: LANDA. What do you think? I don't know if Tom Mizzo seems like that nice of a guy.
Speaker 2: He seems like an easily irritable guy, which doesn't usually scream nice, but he does seem.
Speaker 1: He has because he's screamed at kids his whole life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the kids love him. I don't even I can't believe I'm standing up for Tom Mizzough after all the crap that I've said on.
Speaker 1: The show, and you're coming for his nickname too. It's January, February, Cam, Now, don't you understand it is?
Speaker 3: It is my month. It's it's officially my month. I I have I am cooking right now. Check in with me.
Speaker 1: Davis first at a tournament, and Cam's already up like seventy bucks.
Speaker 3: Right, I'm allegedly doing very well.
Speaker 1: All right, I thought you said it was factual earlier. We're back to allegedly status. Now, let's forget what we have. Let's see what we have allegedly happening in the East region, where I will take Duke to beat Baylor Gross and Arizona to pick Oregon. Kind of a boring one before there, but I think Arizona, while I'm not super crazy about him, Caleb Love is a star on this todage. We've seen it before, and I don't really like Oregon, Liberty or Akron in their pods, so I think they make they Sweet sixteen and then give me BYU to pull the upset over Wisconsin and play Alabama and the Sweet sixteen.
Speaker 2: I have Duke, I have Liberty pulling an upset over Arizona, Soke Liberty, and then I also have BYU Alabama. I have bou beating Wisconsin and Alabama beating Vandy.
Speaker 3: Yep, all right, I have Duke as well, Arizona over Oregon, BYU over Wisconsin, and Bama over Vandy.
Speaker 1: Very similar reason here. I will take the Cougars to make the Elite eight, and in the run of Natoates's team, I would love to see BYU versus Alabama. We haven't seen Alabama defend against quality offensive teams. I think it burns them. But I think it's due. Who goes to the Final four by beating BYU and the Elite Eight.
Speaker 2: I went back and forth on the BYU Alabama game. I did take Alabama, but I will send Duke to the Final Four over the Crimson Tide. Duke goes to the Final four.
Speaker 3: I think I might change my pick right now. Sadly, Nah, you know what, screw it. I hate Duke. Give me Duke beating Arizona and the Sweet sixteen meeting Bama and then Bama shoots the lights out to go to the Final four over Duke.
Speaker 1: I will say if Alabama played Duke in the Elite Eight, I would pick the Crimson Tide, like if I knew that matchup was coming, because I think Natos would out coach John Shire in the clutch moments.
Speaker 2: I think Cooper Flag would out basketball Alabama.
Speaker 1: That's true. I could definitely happen there as well. All right, in the Midwest, Houston Gonzaga standalone game. Who Winson has dogs? Landon has the dogs there?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, well they're both dogs, but I have ugly dogs. Boy is that Houston wins?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think Houston will beat Gonzaga. But that's that is a razor thin margin for a really good Cougar's team. Yeah, give me Houston and then Clemson over Purdue for me, Illinois over Kentucky. Give me the sixth seed fighting a LINEI to make the Sweet sixteen, and then Tennessee blasts Utah State.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I have Houston Clemson as well, and then I have Kentucky beating Texas in Tennessee beating Utah State.
Speaker 3: I have Houston to the Sweet sixteen over Gonzaga. I have a Will Wade Legacy Tournament with McNeese State going to Sweet sixteen, number six Illinois over three Kentucky, and two Tennessee to the Sweet sixteen.
Speaker 1: I don't love Illinois here and I definitely don't love Tennessee, but that entire bottom right, there are people I don't trust at all, like Kentucky and Texas and Mick Cronin.
Speaker 3: No thank you, literally any.
Speaker 1: Landon is all in on the acc Duke in the Final four, Clemson going deep and Louisville pulling off as Cinderella run to get into a Final four.
Speaker 2: Uh, that is factually correct. I do have Clemson beating like high Point to get to the Sweet sixteen, and also Duke is Duke, but yes, that is true, all.
Speaker 1: Right, And then do we already say I will go with Houston over Tennessee. I think the Cougars are going to the Final four. I have picked three to one seeds, which is so incredibly boring, but I think those three teams are a step above everybody else, and I think the matchups are kind of irrelevant.
Speaker 2: I also have Houston over Tennessee. I have two one seats in an eight.
Speaker 1: Houston would have gone to the National title game last year if it wasn't for Jamal shed Or getting hurt.
Speaker 2: They were extremely good.
Speaker 1: I think this year their point guard does not get hurt and they go to the Final four. And then in the West Region, Florida narrowly beats Yukon. I so oh so badly wanted to pick that, but I just don't think Yukon is good enough. Colorado State puts up a fight against Maryland but comes up short. I really like the Terrapins. I think they and Oregon are the two teams I trust the most from the Big Ten. As weird as that is to say, Texas Tech beats Missouri in a high scoring game and.
Speaker 3: Then oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Well, in a game that Vegas would have is about a three point line, the talent and potential wins out and the Kansas Jayhawks beat Saint John's out sweet sixteen.
Speaker 3: Oh man, okay, you to the final TV time out and they're like, Kansas has not caught the deficit. Meanwhile, Saint John's is not scored in the last ten minutes, Kansas remains down four. Bill Soef's like picking his nose. Curtis Townsend's trying to order big Booty Latinas off of the stat sheet for DVR at the hotel.
Speaker 1: That's powerably paid for with taxpayer dollars.
Speaker 3: To oh boy, why do you do this to yourself?
Speaker 1: A good this this time? I actually really liked their draw.
Speaker 3: I don't. I mean I do, but I don't.
Speaker 2: But Ryan, they're not any good.
Speaker 3: They're not good.
Speaker 1: See talk to me in a week.
Speaker 3: I will.
Speaker 2: I'll say Saint John's beating them by fourteen. Florida over Yukon. I do think that'll be a good game. But I really like Florida. I think Florida is peaking and they're just they're kind of a brilliant basketball team. I think I have number four, Maryland taken on Memphis. I have three Texas Tech over Drake, and I have number two Saint John's beating the Kansas Jayhawks.
Speaker 3: Boo yeah. I have Florida over Yukon, Maryland over Colorio State Text Tech over Missou, and then I have Saint John's beating Kansas.
Speaker 1: Boo double booze. Okay, I will ultimately say Kansas's run ends. In this week's sixteen, they lose the Tech for the second time this year. Florida beats Maryland, and then give me the Red Raiders. I'll set the Big twelve kool aid a little bit. Texas Tech takes out Florida and goes to the final four. Now, if you'll excuse me, one of the cats just used litterbox and left a turd in a really unfortunate place where it's kind of like the in the way where now the others can't get in without stepping on said turd, and they're all kind of looking at me like, are you gonna do something about this or else? I'm just gonna go on the floor. So I'm gonna go fix the issue while you guys give some analysis.
Speaker 2: I also have Florida Tech I'm gonna take Florida to go to the Final four over the Red Raiders Cam.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I kind of. I really think Florida is an e leaite team. I have Florida over text Tech too. I love text Tech. I said they're a final four team. Yeah, I said Tech a few weeks ago as a final four team. I think I would have picked them to the Final four if they didn't have to play Florida.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I do really like Texas Tech. I think they are in I think it was like about a top ten ish of great teams, but I think there is a top three or four of the title contenders, and I think Texts just outside of that.
Speaker 3: I think Florida is that's one hundred percent right, That is one hundred percent correct.
Speaker 1: Final four Auburn Texas Tech. I am back Turts cleaned, Auburn Texas Tech, Duke and Houston kind of a boring three ones and a three. I like having balls picks, I do, but this year I just think those are the three best teams. And then I think Florida has the toughest bracket, so I'll pick them to go out. I will say that the one seeds Houston and Auburn meet in the title game and give me the Houston Cougars to cut down the nets and rep the Big twelve. I think that whenever they are at their best, they are the nation's toughest team, combined with talent and playing well and health. Right now, I'm a little bit leery about the way that their games will be officiated because there's such a physical team, But I think they are the most complete whenever it comes to offense, the Ben's health, coaching, in tangibles all that, I think they win the Natty.
Speaker 2: I have eight Louisville playing number one Florida and one Duke versus one Houston. I also have three ones at least I do have an eight in there. There. There's pretty often a weird team that makes it that that shouldn't otherwise be there.
Speaker 1: That's Louisville, like seven Kansas will be here in just a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: Absolutely no Grandpa in the title game. I have Florida playing Duke, and I have Cooper Flag in his one year in college basketball becoming a national champion. Give me the Duke Blue Devils there there. Their top end is is so elite. I know Florida would be the best team they've played in a long time, and that is very fair. So at Houston, but I think I think they have real NBA players. I mean obviously Cooper Flag, but also con Kanneppel. They're they're very good. Yes, I'm picking john Shire to win a national championship, but I think Duke's elite talent wins this title.
Speaker 1: Landon, I don't know. I'm sure you gave really good analysis, but you'll have to forgive me. I didn't really hear much of it because I don't know if you saw the Cameron Brink New Balance ad that just aired. So I'm just gonna assume that you gave great analysis.
Speaker 2: I didn't. I'm gonna find that and enjoy it.
Speaker 1: For my final Remember when Nick said that was the worst take of Nick's career. Really it was, and Nick said that that Remy Martin is the best player in the history of Kansas basketball somehow, as Cameron Brink take was worse. Sorry, Cam floor is yours.
Speaker 3: No, you're good. H My final four, I have number one seed Florida taking down Michigan State another time is a Final four participation trophy. And then I have number two Bama. Actually beating Houston with a lot of elite offense, and I have Florida taking down Bama in the title game in an all SEC title game.
Speaker 1: So we all have a different Natty pick, but they're all teams that we have in our final fours, like I like, like I went with Houston to win a title. Who CAM has losing in the final four? Cam went with uh or am I the only one with Auburn in the final four?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, that's that's interesting. Okay, we all have we all have a one seed winning and it's somebody else and none of us picked the number one overall seed.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's true. That is true.
Speaker 3: No, that's why we're not smart.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, would you look at that? We did it, We went through the bracket, and now it's time to hyperfixate on one team, a surefire victory for the team that we love the most. It is NCA tournament time. I will play the music just.
Speaker 3: For you, Bill.
Speaker 1: Because number seven Kansas and number ten Arkansas from Providence, Rhode Island paradise. I'm just gonna dance.
Speaker 2: Hopefully we'll still be dancing. We all did pitcans to beat Arkansas, so that's spoiler alert for that, I suppose.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's read.
Speaker 2: John cal Perry's Arkansas Razorbacks went twenty and thirteen overall, they went eight and ten in the SEC. They ranked fortieth in Ken Palm, which is okay. Also, this game we've played on Thursday, March twentieth and six ten pm Central Time on CBS Jase, we're wondering Adu Thierro won't play this week, but they'll get point guard Boogie flanned Back, who is their leading scort with fifteen points and six assist So that's a huge return for the Razorbacks for a guy who has not played since January eighteenth. He shoot thirty seven percent from three is an excellent rim attacker. Athletic wings Janelle Davis and DJ Wagner at eleven points each, but neither shoot better than thirty two percent from the outside, which screams three for four each in the first half.
Speaker 1: Yep, sure does.
Speaker 3: Arkansas bigs include seven seven foot two centers. You can I buy a vowel vis from Yeah, whoever is nine and five. We'll blocking a couple of shots per game. Jonas I do, Trevon Brazil, I sound like Nick trying to read and Carter Knox on the other front court guys of note, they'll average about eight points per game. They had a few boards. They rely on on athleticism over raw shooting, and as a team, they're pretty mediocre on the glass.
Speaker 1: No, Cam, Here's how Nick would have read that. Jonas Ado, Travion Brazil, and Cameron brink ew gross, that's what Nick.
Speaker 3: Would have done, braille handwriting, Trevon Diggs, Carter k Knox.
Speaker 1: And and Paige Bookers who is not attractive? Ryan? Why are you putting this picture in the notes? What the heck? And then Landa and I would have bopped Nick right on the head with a hammer.
Speaker 2: He would have had to do that to us because we would have been in horny jail.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right. Where well, which one of the four of us, if you include Nick, is in horny jail the most?
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know how to answer that question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's actually it's it's kind of a tie. I feel like I feel like it's fairly equal. I mean, I'm looking at pictures of Cameron brink so maybe it's me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's that's the answer. For the time being. I will say the most shocking and abhorrent things that would make you think that. In our group, text cam will send the most shocking and abhorrent images that would make you think that, and Landon the Internet history just may back it up.
Speaker 2: I'm the most single. So there's that.
Speaker 1: The Razor are young, long, and very athletic. They are a top five shot blocking team in the country. Well, wouldn't you like to know they It's Landon's profile picture on my phone.
Speaker 3: So uh.
Speaker 1: And we drove a rental car around a road trip here last week, and it's advanced enough where the car play when you get a text that pops up with the person's picture and their name, like it like an Apple car play thing does. And when Landon texts me, the picture of Landon and my wife on a honeymoon beach pops up. Which is a long story.
Speaker 3: And we've added a layer of conspiracy to the iceberg here. Ryan might be a swinger. That's the new conspiracy type of the iceberg inside the paint.
Speaker 1: That's not me, me the swinger. No.
Speaker 3: When Ryan goes to the grocery store, he puts a pineapple in the front of his cart and he walks around wearing a skinny tank.
Speaker 1: Top upside down upside down of course, or don't forget about y. Yeah, but my type of women don't like pineapples.
Speaker 3: No, they they don't. They uh well, they deep fry them.
Speaker 1: They like upside out pineapple cake more than pineapple. Oh well, yeah, so you asked the horny jail question and we kind of just made it worse anyway. The Razorbacks are young, long, and very athletic. Get your jopes. They are a top five shot walking team in the country. You'd already did. Yeah, they're excellent avoiding fouls. This is John cala Perry's prototypical lineup. They draw a lot of contact. They're a good free throw shooting team at seventy four percent of the line on offense. They are not particularly fast paced, and they're an okay at everything sort of team. They shoot just thirty three percent as a team from deep. I think one of the things that everybody, especially Kansas, wants to avoid in their March madness straw are teams that launch threes. Arkansas doesn't really do that very much, and should Kansas win, neither to Saint John. So you're okay in that regard. Doesn't mean that the thirty percent guy who still won't go three for four. Is Landon said, but at least on paper it looks okay. Arkansas attacks the basket well, but nobody on the team besides Flanned is a particularly good shooter, and he has not played in in two months, so we all know he's gonna make his first five shots, but maybe not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 2: All time. Kansas is eight and six against Arkansas. In the last meeting was in the round to thirty two two years ago, when the Razorbacks beat top seeded Kansas by one point. Cay's only the game against Arkansas and the Bill self era was a one point loss in Maui in two thousand and six, which was nineteen years ago.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: The last win against them was in nineteen ninety one in the NCA Tournament. This is also Kansas's first ever game in the state of Rhode Island.
Speaker 1: Has anybody ever gone to Rhode Island? Like, really, No, it's all alleged, right, no one goes there.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure if it's in real plays.
Speaker 1: It's smaller than Chicago, It's smaller than a lot of cities.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's pretty weird that they have an NCAA tournament location there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really just out of nowhere, Like there's so many other cities up there that makes it. It's like New York or Hartford or something. Providence. Okay, did you see the video of the Arkansas watch party at John cala Perry's house and cal Pari's addressing the team. He goes, Okay, guys, we're going to Providence and a player asked them where's that and he didn't know. Cal said he's in the United States. Yes, nobody knows where Providence is except for the homeschoolers Landon and I are like, I know exactly where that is. I can find it on a map with a blindfold.
Speaker 2: So when you're homeschooled and a massive sports fan, it's not that hard.
Speaker 1: That's correct. Okay, well we all know. You all know that we're picking Kansas to win this game based on the brackets. But I am gonna pick Kansas to win comfortably. I think Kansas is better than Arkansas. I think they are better coach than Arkansas. I think they have better shooters than Arkansas, and I trust them more. There's not a lot of teams I trust Kansas more than but Arkansas is one of them. The Razorbacks are limped to the finish line. They've lost like four of their last seven, including an embarrassing loss to South Carolina, who then they almost lost to again in the SEC Tournament. I think that Kansas has been playing better than Arkansas in the last few games. I think that KAU has the advantage with Dickinson, and I think Kansas coasts. They get an early lead and they coast a little bit. I think the Jayhawks wins seventy eight to sixty four in a game that keeps bill selves. I've won every game the last twenty years of the NCAA Tournament streak alive.
Speaker 2: I am also, of course going to take Kansas. I think this game is close. I do think KAU is better coach than Arkansas. I do not just Arkansas to close. I don't think Kansas has built at all to handle teams that are this athletic, though. I think that is going to give the Jayhawks some problems. Like I said, I think I think Arkansas is every John cal Perry team in the last few years. They're really talented, a lot of athleticism, and they have truly atrocious shot selection and pretty bad on defense. I think that will bode well for the Jayhawks. I think they will score a decent amount of points. I think this game will be fairly high scoring, but I think it's gonna be close. I don't think Kansas is good enough, frankly, to actually separate themselves from a really talented team like this, but I think they will win. I think they will win. Give me them eighty two seventy seven.
Speaker 3: I obviously think Kansas will win. Bill Selvas is very good in the first round of the NCAA tournament, except for the one time that I went and he lost to Bradley. Give me Kansas seventy one to sixty six in a game that's relatively close, has some good moments, and then reminds us that this team can barely close out games, but they somehow win.
Speaker 1: If they make the Sweet sixteen. Will you does that salvage the frustrating regular season?
Speaker 3: No, I don't think so, because they have no chance of waiting fun.
Speaker 2: It'd be good.
Speaker 3: They got work to do, all right, Well, I mean we will see their preseason number one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I kind of forgot that Part's that's fair as Landon would say. So our next show will come out Saturday morning. We're gonna try to get as much of the first round in before we push record. It'll come out early Saturday, and hopefully it'll be a game day for Kansas. If they win, they will play Saturday, also in Providence, presumably against Saint John's. That will be Show four ninety nine. Until then, this is Inside the Paint, part two of the double feature. Thanks for your patients, hope it was worth your time. Get in the Rock Chalk Blog Brocketpool. It is one of the first tweets on RCB Twitter, Twitter dot com slash Rock Chalk Blog click and sign up.
Speaker 3: I'm Ryan Landris, I'm Lendon Fields, and I'm Cam Lippoole.
Speaker 1: Camp said his name, He didn't, he didn't know. I'm on anti depressants.
Speaker 3: I might well rev up those anti depressants because here comes Rick.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna say, you're gonna need him in a couple of days and I'll see you. I'll see you at my house here in a couple of days. And Cam, you better hit the road if you're gonna make it for the IP watch party.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't. I don't foresee that happening. And I have been running a little bit, though I might run all the way to Kansas City or a leitha A.
Speaker 1: Long long way, A long way, yes know tomorrow. Wear are your long John's.
Speaker 3: I've been training for it all right.
Speaker 1: Well, somebody say goodbye to John Calipari because he's not getting to win this week.
Speaker 2: Let's hope not