Speaker 1: This is Dan Kaplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Kaplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. If you just joined us, you got to hear this sound from from Governor pull us on with Ross Kaminski, and we'll get back to that in a second. But I've counted at least six different just major falsehoods and one pretty tight bite, as well as at least four different major groups deeply insulted, starting with African Americans. So we'll get to that shortly. Which does make you wonder where does he intend to go next politically? Because Ryan, I can't imagine that he's ready to just go back into let's say, the business world where you actually have to compete, right and where you don't get this automatic kissing of for kissing up of the press and everything else. Hard for me to imagine he's ready to go back to real life.
Speaker 2: So where do you think he goes from here?
Speaker 3: I've said it before, and I believe he's going to be a Fox News commentator on the Sunday shows with either Shannon Breem or Dana Prino and or both. I think he has good relationships with either one of those too. He's appeared many times with them, and it gives him this pretense of being a kind of moderate, reasonable, libertarian minded person that we know he's not.
Speaker 2: And how long do you think that gig would last?
Speaker 4: Less than a year?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: It lasted as long as Ken Bucks did, right, And you know, no disrespect to ken who had a great relationship with for many years and hopefully will again.
Speaker 2: But CNN was.
Speaker 1: Clearly using ken you know, holding that carried out so he'd come on and say bad things about Trump and Republicans, and then when they were done with him, they were done with him. They never intended to give him some big gig. And same with Governor Poulis. It ain't no offense to Governor Polis. He's he's good at certain things in his life. Being governor isn't one of them. But being a DV I wouldn't be one of them either, because truly, who's going to sit there and be compelled by Governor Polis?
Speaker 2: I mean, there are some other.
Speaker 1: Hardcore lefties you can be compelled by but you're not going to be compelled by Governor Polis. So yeah, it'll be interesting to see, interesting to see, but we all know anything National isn't going anywhere.
Speaker 4: Though.
Speaker 1: He'll have a bit longer shelf life because he can toss around so much money. But it'll lend the same way that we accurately predicted Bennett's did and Hickeloopers did, and all of these Colorado lefties do right because they're in the bubble here, man, how many bubble states are left right now? How many bubble states where you can be as whack go far left as you want to be.
Speaker 2: Most of the media.
Speaker 1: Will We'll just kiss up incessantly and you can get away with virtually anything as a lefty. You got Colorado? Where else where else you have? You got most parts of California? There aren't that many left Well, like that New York Time piece, did you see it? It is remarkable and I'll get to the details in tomorrow's show. But to sum it up in credit the New York Times, they're doing this breakdown. They didn't do it as a pr spot for the GOP. They did it as a warning to the Dems, Hey wake up. But they traced in this last election the number of counties in America that trended red in a significant way. They had some metrics that seemed to make sense, and the numbers that trended blue and Republicans like thousands of counties where they gained, including in a lot of traditionally blue areas.
Speaker 2: Democrats had like twenty eight. Right.
Speaker 1: So but Colorado, man, it's just one of their last bubbles.
Speaker 3: And to that point, Dan, it's important to mention in the twenty twenty four election historic for many reasons, but not the least of which Kamala Harris. Dan did not flip a single county from blue from red to blue.
Speaker 2: How could she? She didn't? Well, right, how could you not?
Speaker 4: One? Now, the numbers you sided.
Speaker 1: That's like saying, oh, you know, Ryan Schuling didn't get any hits in that Rockies Cubs game yesterday, How could you? I wasn't there right right, same with yeah, that was never.
Speaker 3: Gonna didn't flip a single county, meaning you know, there may have been a few blue counties that got bluer, and there might even been a reddish county that got a little bit less red, but none of them. Dan flipped not one county in one state in the fifty states of the United States.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for all the reasons we talked about and predicted, right, But what I'd like to know is, and I'd love to hear from folks on this, why is Colorado one of those last remaining bubbles?
Speaker 2: You know? Why is that? Why is that? Because?
Speaker 1: I mean, I remember those years. In fact, I think I was a Democrat at the.
Speaker 2: Time when.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we had the governor Owens. I think the GOP had both the House and Senate. I don't remember the exact timing, But why is Colorado one of these last hold out lefty bubbles?
Speaker 2: And will it be the very last one? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Three or three someone three eight two five five text d A N five seven seven three nine Texter. Dan did Ross ask any follow up questions of substance?
Speaker 2: Didn't think so.
Speaker 1: I didn't hear the interview. I was in trial, but I bet he did. I think Ross is a very good to show host, and.
Speaker 3: That actually was one of them, and I thought he did a good job in two separate instances of kind of trying to focus pull this in on a particular point. What I'll do Dan is after the show today I'll send you all the clips because I broke it down and cut it all up last week, and then you can go through and there's anything else of note that catches your ear.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: We'll go over that tomorrow too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, I'm looking forward to that.
Speaker 1: But no, I think Ross is really one of the better radio guys in a long time, even though we obviously disagree on some issues. Dan the new movie Colorado, Storry, Michael Pennett as the Invisible Man, Johnny hickylooper is how Do You Do? And Jared Poulis as the Artful Dodger coming to an obscure theater in the most liberal city near you. I mean, when you just go through that lineup, I mean just brings me back to how ludicrous this whole thing is, where this far lefty bubble right and the far left is supposed to be about all diversity, equity, inclusion, and all your big office holders are boring all white guys.
Speaker 2: I mean, how long.
Speaker 1: Are people on the left going to put up with that? It really is crazy. Fortunately, they're relatively unaccomplished. And I don't mean that as a personal digs, It's just a matter of fact. Can you imagine if we had lefties in these positions who were like on fire, and they were out there and they were really effective and accomplishing a lot of their stuff. I mean, don't get me wrong, Polis and the left are accomplishing way too much bad stuff in Colorado. But think what the level of that idiocy would be if he was actually.
Speaker 2: Better at this. But I don't know. I hold out some hope, Brian, I hold out some hope.
Speaker 1: That thirteen twelve was a bridge too far, that it was a bridge too far, and it's going to be a real eye opener for a lot of people in Colorado, and that some of this other crazy stuff they're doing. But right now, they're one of the few remaining bubbles, you know, just dark blue bubbles that seems to be hanging on in America. Dan, this is a crazy comparison by Polis, since transenderism is a subjective feeling, whereas being black is objective fact.
Speaker 2: Well, it is so much more than that.
Speaker 1: Right, we're going back to if you just joined us, we'll play the sound later in the in the hour again where Polus has compared the plight of transgender people to the plight of African Americans, And while can you imagine being an African American Democrat right now, and you're looking at a party where nobody can argue this point, right You're looking at a party that now clearly prioritizes transgender folks over African Americans. How can any rational person ever get to that point to begin with? When you look at the history of oppression in this country faced by African Americans, and we're talking about literally in chains, children ripped away from their parents and sold, mass rape and torture, we're't looking at that kind of history compared to a very protected class status that the Democratic Party has created for our transgender friends. I mean, it's not only profoundly insulting to African Americans, but it's just ignorant. So yeah, I wonder why the Democratic Party is losing people of color.
Speaker 2: Let me get back to some more of these texts. Uh Dan, just.
Speaker 1: Go ahead and pull out that you guys are supposed to protect me. Quote you guys me, do you have that sound?
Speaker 4: I think I can at least get it on the other side of this time.
Speaker 1: Out, and we should have it on the button bar. What this very informed text is referring to one time hicken Looper was under an ethics investigation, and uh, there'k some stuff there and I don't remember all the details, but there were some stuff there. And then he's in an interview with Kyle Clark and he just says the quiet part out loud. Hey, you guys are supposed to protect me from stuff like this. It was one of the great moments in Denver TV history. Three out three seven three eight two five five text d A N five seven seven three nine You're on the Dankapler Show.
Speaker 4: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Hick and Looper complained that journalists should be defending his actions.
Speaker 5: You guys should be protecting me on stuff like this where.
Speaker 2: There's no clear how could they meet.
Speaker 5: What's the confusion that I that I had a private meeting. No, there were no private meetings, that I somehow saved money myself. I wasn't gonna play for that pay for that plane ticket. I saved the state money. You know, I'll be very surprised if they come back and say, in any way this is unethical.
Speaker 2: You guys should be protecting me. Said that to Kyle Clark, Right, yeah, yeah, no, that's right. Take glad you're here. Three or three someone three A two five five texts DA, Yeah, protecting me on stuff like this, that's right. That's which is of course exactly what happens.
Speaker 1: And that's why when a Hickenlooper or a bandit or a police ventures out in the national competition, they get crushed instantly because if they ever had the skill set right, if they ever had the muscle to be able to go out and hold their own in a debate, defend their positions, et cetera, they lost it while they lived in the bubble. Because they just anybody who's going to ask them the tough follow up questions, they lose their access right. They never get polis On or Hicckenlooper or any of them. So yet that that's why these guys are toast the second they step across state lines in any.
Speaker 2: Kind of national competition.
Speaker 1: Three or three someone three A two five five text DA in five seven seven three nine lot, it's a great text. I want to get right to him, but I do want to squeeze this in. We haven't talked about this much. We should be because I think there's something big about to happen.
Speaker 2: Cut forty two please, you.
Speaker 6: Know President Trump, he has, he said in that tweet, that comment, I've always had a good relationship with Vladimir Putsin. I think it's important to remember that Pruden's never thought that about President Trump. When people try to appease them, when they treat him and they praise him, he sees that as signs of weakness, not strength. And I would say that's true with all leaders for the last twenty five years. And so now he's just calling his bluff. He's like, you're a tough guy on social media, you won't do anything. And I think his calculation is President Trump will eventually walk away, he'll stop providing assistance to Ukraine. And that's exactly what Vladimir Putin wants because he wants to continue this war. I don't think he's really interested and negotiating an.
Speaker 2: End to this warm. This is John Heilman on MSNBC.
Speaker 1: I assume he's a smart guy in the sense he has intellectually intellectual capacity, neurons firing, et cetera. But he's either knowingly lying or it's just hate interrupts brain function, right, which we talk about all the time on the show, because hey, you're kind of missing exhibit A, right, which is, hmm, Obama in office, Putin takes crimea Biden in office Putin rapes and pillages Ukraine?
Speaker 2: What came between Obama and Biden?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Trump? When did that invasion of Ukraine happen while Trump was president? I must have missed it. No, it never happened.
Speaker 1: So you know, you'd love to get a guy like Hilman in court, right. He just kind of slink out of the courtroom after cross. But here's the point, here's what they're really missing, which is, you would not want to be Vladimir Putin right now because the whole idea that the Donald Trump is going to allow himself to be embarrassed by Putin, it's just silly. It's an impossibility. It's not going to happen. This guy Heilman. See, the left they hate so much, they hate so much that they underestimate us on the right because and that's why Trump's in office now right for a second term kind of not by an inch but a mile.
Speaker 2: And so they're doing it again.
Speaker 1: They ignore the evidence of Trump's peace through strength working in his first term, and now they just assume he'll slink away. There is no chance of that, And so yeah, I expect, and we may never We may never be able to trace it to Trump. We may not see it as blatantly as a public policy pronouncement. But I think there are bad things about to happen to Vladimer Putin and to this Russian army because of Putin now publicly define Trump. Yeah, so it'll it'll be interesting to see what comes next.
Speaker 2: Listen. I know we're going to get.
Speaker 1: Some sanctioned type stuff, right, but that's not where the real action is. The real action in terms of Trump hurting Putin is going to be on another level, and maybe a level that we never even know about, can never even be traced to Trump. Three h three someone three eight two five five text d A N five seven seven three nine. I don't think whatever the President decides to do that he's going to be doing it with the intent of ending Putin. I think he's going to be doing it with the intent of forcing a deal. But right, I mean, how could anybody for a second think that Donald Trump's going to allow himself to be humiliated by Putin.
Speaker 2: It's inconceivable, And you got.
Speaker 3: To believe that there's some kind of psychological chess warfare going on.
Speaker 2: Here Putin v.
Speaker 4: Trump, and that Putin knows that too.
Speaker 3: You know, Trump's not going to lose face here anymore than Putin wants to lose face on the world stage with regard to this showdown in Ukraine. And there's got to be an off ramp, and that's what Trump is pursuing in these talks. But I like about what President Trump has been saying recently, Dan is that he has no qualms about mentioning that he's not very happy with Vladimir Putin right now, and he's.
Speaker 4: Telling the media that. And there's a purpose to that.
Speaker 3: Why he's saying what he's saying, how he's saying it, and when he's choosing to say it, which is to the American media, and no doubt that's to send a message to Putin himself.
Speaker 1: Well, the silver lining here is that it because Putin is evil, right and was this was a raping and pillaging of Ukraine, that Putin should not.
Speaker 2: Be rewarded for it all.
Speaker 1: But unfortunately he will be because Europe's not willing to put boots on the ground and threaten to fight in Ukraine and America should not.
Speaker 2: But Europe should.
Speaker 1: And if Europe would just show that kind of resolve, I think we'd see peace through strength and we'd avoid in on go war in Ukraine. But Putin knows Europe will not put boots on the ground in Ukraine to save Ukraine. So unfortunately, evil is going to gain some territory in some final deal. Not because of the US, not because of Trump. It's going to be because Europe wasn't willing to stand up. Obviously it was Biden's weakness that initially triggered this evil man to invade. But in the end, no, it is good that that Trump, now I have no doubt it is going to do certain things that caused Putin and this Russian army a lot of pain. That is good because Ukraine the Edison victim here, and there needs to be there needs to be a deal. But since Putin has been this bloodthirsty and this pig haded and this demonic, then there needs to be very very hard pushback. And I think that's what Trump's about to give him.
Speaker 2: What form do you think it's going to take? Form? Yeah? What do you think that's going to look like? And do you think we'll or no? I mean do you think we'll know it came from Trump?
Speaker 4: Something to ponder for sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's what we're here for, the ponderers.
Speaker 1: Has there ever been a you would know this if there's ever been a group called the pond comes.
Speaker 4: No, not that's been on the national stage.
Speaker 2: But I'm sure.
Speaker 1: Garage, that's right, which is why they stayed in the garage.
Speaker 2: Hey, when we come back, Jared polus On with.
Speaker 1: Ross Kaminski manages to deeply offend African Americans, Christians, lots of other good people.
Speaker 2: You're on the Dan Capli Show.
Speaker 4: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 6: We dropped the mall because it is so much more than just one retail location or one block.
Speaker 5: It is an entire mall of experience, a mile of experience.
Speaker 1: Like, JA say, that's gonna do it? That's the ticket, right, the sixteenth Street moment. I love the texture who wrote Dan, it's the sixteenth Street mul Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, the only thing that's ever going to.
Speaker 1: Fix it is reverse legalization of marijuana. It go back and trace it to the beginning. As long as you have that place occupied by druggies, nothing's gonna fix it. Nothing's gonna fix it. It could be paved in gold, the paved in gold, cheerleaders on every corner. People aren't gonna go down there as long as the Left is still just all pro drug which means the mall is going to be covered with people with addictions, whom my heart breaks for, by the way, could be any of us people with addictions who the left just lets run wild.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna work.
Speaker 3: And the day they announced this, Dan Mike Johnson going from Sixteenth Street Mall to just sixteenth Street for the low cost of one hundred thousand dollars to Denver taxpayers through a London consulting firm.
Speaker 2: They already done it for fifty oh exactly.
Speaker 3: There was another stabbing at the end of the mall on Broadway.
Speaker 4: I got an email notification on that on that very day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and what do you want to bet that stabbing was related to drugs?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean there's a reason the old saying, ay, it's like that guy's on drugs. It just people act differently and then of course they get addicted. Because what is the left devoted to? Right legalize marijuana, but it's really Krakawana because the old style two to four percent THC marijuana was really devastating, which is why no city in the world had legalized it the way we did back in twenty twelve. And then what happens, You know what happens. They then immediately execute their long term plan and they crank it up to eighty ninety plus potency. So you're hooking people young, you're hooking them forever. You're getting these psychotic breaks because people get it wrong. They think, Okay, those higher levels, you're more intoxicated. Yeah, that's an issue for sure, But where you see all this really crazy stuff happen is usually not people who are so high on dope, though sometimes it's because of the psychotic breaks that come, the psychosis that develops, and the fact that marijuana, even at two to four percent but certainly high potency, then magnifies underlying mental illness and other type of psychoses, and so you end up with this big spike and teen suicide and we've never come back down from that. More than half the teen suicide victims have dope in their system. But then you end up with these crimes as well, and then you end up with the zombies, I mean, as those restaurant owners, right, Ryan, as they said to Johnston, Listen, this isn't about the homeless ruining the mall in downtown. This is about the addicts, and a bunch of them become homeless. But the addicts who, because of lefty policies A become addicts and b are then allowed to just roam around. And who's going to want to go down there? I mean, how many.
Speaker 2: Addicts our studios.
Speaker 1: I'm remote today, but our studios happen to be in the tech center area. You wander over, Ryan, to one of those local bars or restaurants where your groupies gather for their daily fix. How many zombies are you going to find wandering around your your suburban mall of choice tonight?
Speaker 4: How many times do you go downtown these days? Dan? For entertainment, dining, et cetera.
Speaker 1: Those types of purposes, Well, let me count them up. Different us et none, none, none, We just don't. I mean, Ryan, look at I had to go down for a meeting the other day. I had to not the other day, but I had to drive home drop off valuables. I had to reverse course, come home and drop off valuables before I.
Speaker 2: Went downtown because I was going to be parking somewhere. You can't. You can't do that now. Listen, it's a tell of two cities, right.
Speaker 1: You've got your gleaming part of downtown, and then you've got what the rest of us are subjected to. I love going to court down there. I never have any issues there. But if you're talking about you going into the main city, who does I mean I go down to games.
Speaker 3: All the time, right, but that'd probably be the exception, right, just oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: And then it's not like we say, oh, man, hey, after the game, let's pop into downtown. Yeah right, you know, because you know we're so socially active, we might say, oh let's you know, stop here or stop there, but it's not downtown.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: All right, Let's go to the phone lines three or three someone three eight two five five the number, text da N five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Jack in beautiful Littleton, Colorado. You're on the Dame Kaplas. Sh'll welcome.
Speaker 8: Thank you, Dan. I tell you I've got a comment about the sixteenth Street mall renaming.
Speaker 7: But real quick, I I echo.
Speaker 8: Kind of where you're at. It's uh, he used to go downtown for business lunches for dinners four or five times a week. I avoid it like the plague. And it's just one bad policy after the next, whether it's homeless drugs. They've made it gar near impossible to drive through that city by closing off lanes for like gouter lanes. It's just miserable getting in and.
Speaker 2: Out of there.
Speaker 7: And I'll tell you, I watched Mike Johnson, who is an absolute.
Speaker 8: Case study and failed leadership, counting his you know, rebranding of sixteen sixteenth Street, which it isn't even really a street anymore. But he says, we've dropped the mall that now come on down and ride the mall ride. You know, the guy is so confused and so terrible at his job.
Speaker 7: He can't even get that right.
Speaker 2: No, No, Mike is a lot.
Speaker 1: He has a lot of talents, but he has a lot of problems. And I think his biggest problem is he has separated from the truth. Because I knew Mike back when he was connected to the truth and we had honest disagreements on policy, and he was delightful and he'd come on air all the time, and he was smart and he was quick, and he would defend those lefty policies as well as anybody out there could. And then I don't know whether it was an advisor or whatever, but the day came when, in my humble opinion, he just decided to separate from the truth. And once you do that, right, I mean, none of us are perfect humans. But once you just decide, just as a matter of m that you're going to separate from the truth, you end up where where Mike is right now, where you separate from the truth. So you're not acting logically, you're not acting consistently. You figure you can do anything you want, no matter how horrible. Is like a flight attendant almost gets decapitated on the ball on a weekend. Many others are stabbed and killed, and you stand pretty close to where she was killed, and you just proclaim victory. Proclaim victory. I mean, just that kind of craziness.
Speaker 8: Now, you you might have seen telling him at one time from somebody on the outside looking in, I would I would run that guy out.
Speaker 7: Of my boardroom as fast as I could.
Speaker 8: Everything from the disheveled way he looks to you know, during his campaign it was I have a moral obligation to house the homeless and it's just completely disconnected from anything that resembles leadership. I don't want bleeding heart. I want a queen safe city. It's friendly to commerce and that's the bottom line.
Speaker 1: Now, wait a second, this disheveled thing. How much do you think he pays for that haircut? I mean, it's a really good haircut, but that's the look right now?
Speaker 2: Is disheveled right? Well, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 8: That looks like you've been rolled out of a gutter.
Speaker 7: And I just I don't see an ounce.
Speaker 8: I don't see an.
Speaker 7: Ounce of leadership in that guy. And I grew up in this city. It's sickening to me to even see it.
Speaker 8: I used to love going to a vibrant, diverse downtown.
Speaker 7: Where you saw all walks of.
Speaker 8: Life, businessmen, recreators, tourism.
Speaker 7: And it's a ghost town and it sucks being down there.
Speaker 8: There's nothing fun or it just feels eerie, almost post apocalyptic. It's depressing.
Speaker 1: Hey, I got to ask you, Jack first. I would vote for you, but but just that generally, what do you do for a living? Because you're really good at this.
Speaker 8: Now I'm owned an engineering company that I sold a couple of years ago. I've called you many times back to the Soberman days.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, I uh yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, I thought you sounded familiar, but you are really good at this. So you run, my friend, and I'll vote for you. Well, I mean that Denver needs somebody like you, and eventually Denver is going to have somebody like you, whoever you are.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I get told that a lot, but I appreciate that, and uh, we'll see maybe one day.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll look forward to one day. Okay, my friend, I appreciate the call. Good caller.
Speaker 2: We need.
Speaker 1: We didn't make Jack a regular because we've got another regular name Jack, nice guy, but we need this Jack to be a regular.
Speaker 2: Three or three someone three eight.
Speaker 1: Two five five text d A N five seven seven three nine when we come back one more time by popular demand or not. Jared Polus with Ross Kaminski managing to assault African Americans, Christians all same people, uh and tell five big whoppers.
Speaker 2: In one tight bite. You're on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 4: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 1: You know I got the World Cup and I got the Olympics.
Speaker 2: The two hundred and fifty years is not mine. I'd like to take credit.
Speaker 1: But I got the Olympics, I got the World Cup when I was president, and I said, well, it's too bad I won't be president.
Speaker 2: Then look what happened.
Speaker 4: I turned out. Now we're gonna have a great time.
Speaker 2: We're going to have a great celebration.
Speaker 6: But most important of all, it was the two hundred and fiftieth anniversary.
Speaker 4: That blows everything away, including the World Cup and including the Olympics as far as I'm concerned.
Speaker 2: Wow, Yeah, President Trump.
Speaker 1: Within all of that, he was talking about how maybe it's good that he got the second term now rather than back in twenty twenty. Someday, let's devote maybe a segment or two to that. How would the world have been different? And do you think it's going to be better long term for America that he had the stagger term instead of consecutive terms. I think it's kind of a fun over a six pack kind of conversation. But if I'm on a game show and I've got to give an immediate answer, man, when you look at all the devastation in the world because he did not get consecutive terms, it'd be hard, it'd be hard to vote against consecutive terms. I mean, we never have the rape and pillaging of Ukraine. If he gets that second term, we don't have October seven, the horror of October seven. If he gets that second term consecutively, I mean, and then what happens if he gets the consecutive term. Obviously, he was doing so very well except for COVID right that he was cruising toward a massive reelection because of all the success and if he'd got a consecutive term that success continues, then almost certain he has a conservative successor. So I think the world would have been far better off if he had the consecutive terms.
Speaker 2: I'm really glad he's.
Speaker 1: There now, but a lot of the problems he's trying to solve right now wouldn't even exist if he'd head back to back terms.
Speaker 2: Is there any flaw in that logic? My friend?
Speaker 4: No, chemo sabi?
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you? What does chemo sabi mean? Anyway?
Speaker 3: I think we had this discussion once before in the program when we were wrong.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna look it up right now while I go to Rusty and Steadil. Though, I do have to tell you, I think one of the best callers of the year was Jack from Littleton, who was at the end of the last segment. If somebody's listening to the podcast, be sure you hear Jack from Littleton.
Speaker 2: Rusty, no pressure, you're on the dan Kapla. Sh'll welcome.
Speaker 8: You know, I'm gonna be better than him, gonna but I'm gonna.
Speaker 7: Be real short.
Speaker 8: I love it. So what I'm gonna say is, I think they ought to encompass fifteenth Street and seventeenth Street into the downtown area and call it the Stench Quarter.
Speaker 2: Okay, appreciate the call, Rusty. You know, being short is magnificent, I'll tell you right.
Speaker 1: I sometimes I fantasize about getting into a political race or something, and one of the things I dream about is just giving the shortest speeches ever. I mean, wouldn't that just be your straight path to the nomination and popularity? Because everybody they go to these dinners and short of the Good Lord himself coming down, you know, there's only so much you can listen to, and then everybody they get their shot at the mic, and you know we're all guilty of it. We just want to blow everybody away, yeh, blow them away by being short. Tell a couple of good jokes, make make an interesting point, go home sounds a lot.
Speaker 4: Well. You described like Ronald Reagan. He was good at that kind.
Speaker 3: Of that quick quip and an anecdote, and you couldn't help but love him, and then famously in that debate with Walter Mondale got him cracking up.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Well, it's like I go back to my seminary days and high school seminary days, and I still remember. Man, It's like it was ten minutes ago, father Augustine and I'm a sophomore, and I think we were talking about homilies or something, and he just said always leave him wanting more.
Speaker 2: And not recommending that for marriage.
Speaker 1: But when you're talking about hobbiies and things like that, I just thought it was.
Speaker 2: My mind just drifted.
Speaker 4: Oh I did it?
Speaker 2: Now, Dan, you have to.
Speaker 1: Understand, I've been in trial when I went straight from trial to the cabin to prepare for the next two trials, so I haven't seen my wife for like ten days.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 3: You're not going to turn into like Jack from The Shining, are you, because it's kind of a similar circumstance here.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no no no. I've got the wildlife and I shave every few days.
Speaker 4: Hey, do you have your number one fan there in the form of the bear today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, came back today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that time of year, there's a there's a deer must be deaf that comes by and we'll sit outside and listen.
Speaker 2: To the show.
Speaker 4: It's amazing.
Speaker 2: Probably wondering if I'm some kind of wounded animal.
Speaker 4: But you should post that on X a photo of said deer.
Speaker 2: Oh I already did that. Well, I will do that. Yeah, yeah, I will do that. And I saw, I saw.
Speaker 1: I grew up in the city, right, so I'm I'm an expert. But I saw a baby elk yesterday that was smaller than a small dog and yet was still walking and everything. I wonder how big those things are when they're born. M because Amy was telling me a story a month or two ago about how how elk when they're delivering will chew on trees. And that's why you look at some of these trees around here in the bark's kind of torn that there's something in the bark then that will be a pain killer. But anyway, yeah, I saw a baby elk, I mean, smaller than a small dog.
Speaker 2: So yeah, no, it's wonderful.
Speaker 1: But all I'm saying is it's been a long time since I've seen my wife. Yeah, which is just what everybody tuned in for, right, So all right, well, great show.
Speaker 3: Other than the ending, No, I think the ending made it. You like spiked the football? There is she gonna go and see you? Are you remote tomorrow?
Speaker 1: Here's the plan. Everything pecked up as soon as this show ends. Okay, be a minute too soon. Under the car, got a conference call. I'll be home by seven point thirty.
Speaker 2: Oh and then oh and then on with life.
Speaker 3: So you'll have dinner with Amy then, I hope too. No, for sure okay.
Speaker 2: Oh, by the way, I just looked this up. Chemo Sabby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, there is a term of endearment, often translated as faithful friend or trusty scout.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's what I thought. And somebody called us out on that.
Speaker 1: You remember that, right, like like it was some kind of insult, yes or not? PC, No, Keemo Sabi is a good thing. You want to be a chemo sabi? Yes, yes, that's my goal in life now, just to be my wife's chemo Sabby. Let's get out of here while we still can. Hey, thank you, Kelly, thank you Ryan. Join us tomorrow on the Dencapla Show