Speaker 1: You are now listening to the Someone's Favorite Productions podcast network.
Speaker 2: Hm h.
Speaker 3: M, what's going on? Everybody? Will is fixing a microphone problem. He'll be on any moment now.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: Wanted to say, we're glad that you're here. It's been Uh, it's been a weird rough week.
Speaker 4: Are you good now? Check you're good?
Speaker 5: Happy Halloween? How is everyone's Halloween?
Speaker 4: Yeah? So on that.
Speaker 3: On that note, Uh, We're gonna get right into it and cover some things real quick. I gotta say, it's really nice to see a lot of friendly names in the chat already and a lot of sentiments that I expected. One thing that I I I got to dive right into is on the show before. I've gotten reviews on the podcast that say that we are too political on Reconnected, and uh, I I have to be flat out honest. I have certainly held back before and not said things in the way that I've wanted us to. I'm gonna give a flat out warning tonight right now is if you don't want to hear political talk, you're not going to want to.
Speaker 4: Hang out for the rest of the show tonight.
Speaker 3: Everything that surrounds this show, everything that surrounds film, everything that surrounds the arts, everything that surrounds humanity is in question this week for many people. When you are discussing film and the arts specifically, they are inherently political. And so if you think that the films that we love and that we cover are not going to be affected by some of the policy discussions in the country or some of the choices made by our leadership, you are sorely mistaken. And we want you to understand that this show specifically holds the position that everyone is welcome here. Now that being said, the paradox of exclusion that it were where we we are definitely not going to be happy with people that think less of others.
Speaker 4: We are.
Speaker 3: We are essentially coming to an agreement as you come and watch this show, and that's that everyone has value. If you agree to that everyone is included. If you step into this ring and think that other people are less than you, you're you're not welcome, and that's not us being exclusionary. You didn't you didn't sign up for the agreement, so you're not welcome here.
Speaker 4: Period.
Speaker 3: We would like you to understand that we want everybody here, but that means that we want everybody here, and if you don't want that, don't don't be here period.
Speaker 4: We don't want you here. Any other thoughts will.
Speaker 5: Yeah no hinge cliffs allowed. That's my new name for grody assholes. I think they should be able to say whatever they want. Nobody can say anything back to them. Yeah. Sensitive, Yeah, you know, it's been a rough week. Obviously it didn't go the way many of us wanted it to go. I have a lot of stuff in my heart that I want to say, a lot of stuff that I'm very upset about. I know that a lot of people on here feel less safe today than they did on Monday, and I wish I could do something more than say solidarity and I'm sorry. And I think that I'm going to try to do more of what I can to convince people to build the kind of world that I want to see that I know many of us want to see. It's hard because it's hard, because you know, I could. I can understand if somebody who's like has a deeply held belief that's different than mine. I can understand if somebody genuinely thinks economic policies are are more beneficial than the ones that I think are beneficial, but too listen to the rhetoric, to hear what's being said, and too dismiss it and say, oh, well, I don't like what I hear, but I'm going to vote this way anyway that I can't. I can't ride with that. That's that's hard. Nobody should, Nobody should fear an administration if if if they're just trying to live their lives. And and frankly, I don't want tariffs on Eureka titles. There's that as well. Yeah, there's there's some real victims here. We got to look out for.
Speaker 4: Free shipping. However, tariffs included.
Speaker 5: That shit's gonna you know, we got to get passed on to the consumer, my friends.
Speaker 3: So there is one more thing that Will I wanted to say about all of this, and that is that a little over a year ago we publicly in stated what is known now as someone's favorite productions, and just like this week has raised the important issue of marginalized voices not being heard and communities not ever being granted literally the rights they deserve. Will and I have approached uh everything, all of our projects with the mindset of raising important voices that would never get a chance. We are focusing on on telling stories through these about political context. In many situations, we are raising important values that maybe would not have gotten covered, and we want to make sure that those are always at the forefront of what we're doing. And we have people on our team that are part of these marginalized communities and we want to keep it that way, so we're trying to always make that important.
Speaker 5: We don't want to keep them marginalized. We want to keep them on the team.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, yeah, we'll say that.
Speaker 5: That's the sad thing is.
Speaker 3: They are stuck that way inherently at the moment.
Speaker 5: It's very important for these two white guys to tell the stories of marginalized people. So yeah, I want to say, you know, I had classes this week. I gave everybody election day off, and I don't know why I've been through umptyen elections At this point, I should know better than to listen to polls, but I you know, I started off Tuesday night feeling pretty confident. And it hurts so much to see young people who are voting in their first elections be so hurt. It's one thing to be disappointed, and I think, you know, I've seen some dude bros on the internet calling everybody sore losers, and nothing could be further from the truth. Kamala Harris's concession speech was absolutely graceful and dignified. And you know, the people who voted for Kamala Harris are sad and they're angry and they're upset, but they're not sore losers. And it makes me mad to see people twist in the knife. It makes me very sad to see the demographic breakdown of the vote. It's pretty clear, like who's responsible for it? Me and you and the white ladies Ryan, you know. And so the question is how do we win. It's one thing to be right and it's another thing to win. Sometimes you can do both. Sometimes you have to figure out how to do one. And I think that's the next question. Because I don't want my children to feel unsafe. I don't want the people who watch this show to feel unsafe. I don't want anybody to feel unsafe, except perhaps Tony Hinchcliffe. I want him to feel unsafe.
Speaker 4: I mean, to back that up.
Speaker 3: I want the people who have been emboldened over the last eight years to share those opinions publicly, to feel unsafe generally.
Speaker 5: To understand that freedom of speech goes both ways. You can say whatever you want, but people have the right to reply. It's time to reply. I think that's that's the that should be the refrain. It's time to reply, I would agree.
Speaker 3: And the last thing I'll say on this front before we start the usual segments here, there was a good twenty four hours this week where I felt like I was not going to be able to have this show this week. And in the last just over three years, I've only ever missed one Thursday, and so that that shows you how crummy this week felt.
Speaker 5: I know you were going to cancel me. Yeah.
Speaker 3: After thinking on it for quite some time, I realized, you know, the the response to this situation is truly to come together as communities. This is the right way to respond to this is to have the show tonight. Is to have happiness. Here is to find things what we find joy in and distract our elves for one fleeting moment. And in that tonight, I want to say I cannot wait to smile with you all. I can't wait to laugh at Will's jokes, I can't wait to respond to some titles that I truly can't wait to hold in my hands, and appreciate the arts. I can't wait to look back on this in a few months and understand that these Thursday Nights are some of the most important things in my life. And the truth is it seems like as many of you share with me in many of yours and so I'm going to be here. I'm going to be here every Thursday, and I can't wait for the weeks that will's here and it feels like family again.
Speaker 5: Well, good news, bad news. The good news is I've got a lot of jokes. The bad news is they were the ones that Henchcliff cut out of his set. It was just like, you know, least don't pass muster.
Speaker 3: There's a floating pile of garbage and l It's called Dark Force Entertainment.
Speaker 4: Anyways, thank you all for being here tonight.
Speaker 3: Thursday Night is a moment of coming together and enjoying this in a way that we can look back on fondly. So thanks for being the community. Thanks for being here for me as much as you think I'm here for you will I love you, brother, Thanks for being here. Let let's truly get into it other than the last three days. How is your How was your month?
Speaker 4: My friend?
Speaker 5: Well, First of all, I love you too, and I thank the gay rights movement for allowing me to say that.
Speaker 4: You know, as you wear the rainbow shirt.
Speaker 5: Yes, I mean in my lifetime, there was a point where I'd be like, what just kidding, just kidden? What was your question?
Speaker 3: How's the last month been? How is thanks not Thanksgiving? Halloween? What else have we done? It's been like three years since you were here, so let's talk about it.
Speaker 5: October was a very difficult month, Like every single thing that I owned that it's expensive, broke right, cars, refrigerators, ovens, fucking dog Oh my god. I'll get to that in a minute. Highlights of October. I saw Crypta, the Brazilian band Crypta live. It's my second time seeing them this year. If you don't know Crypto, check them out. They're amazing death metal band out of Brazil. That was fun. They opened for Hate Breed, who are on like a thirtieth anniversary tour and is not my scene? Okay, so hear me out. One of my one of my very good friends, is a philosophy grad student who is also a prison warden.
Speaker 4: There's some essential problems.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you. You've met me, right, I'm a big guy. This guy's arm is bigger than both of my legs together. He's like he's like a powerlifter. I mean, he's a prison warden. He has to be able to like fight his way through riots and stuff. So he messaged me and was like, hey, man, Hate Breed and Carcass. You know the British death metal band Carcass are coming to Greensboro. You want to come with me? I was like help, no, but yeah, I'll go with you. And then when I saw Crypto was the opening act, I was like, sweet, because I love Crypto, but I'd never really listened to hate Pree before because that's kind of like, you know, guys with backwards hats that jump up and down and kind of make vague rhythmic gestures. I don't get that circle pit guys. And so seeing guys in their late forties and fifties trying to circle pit was pretty phenomenal and I enjoyed that. I enjoyed seeing Crypto. What else happened in October?
Speaker 3: One big thing we dropped the Toby Hooper documentary. You haven't had a chance to talk about.
Speaker 5: That's right. We worked so hard on that. Listen I hope some of you have gotten to see it. Oh, and we went live with Someone's Favorite Productions website.
Speaker 4: That's true. That's true.
Speaker 5: So in October eleventh, we released a through the University of Texas Press and also through Someone's Favorite Productions, A fifty Years of Texas Chainsaw Masks for fifty Years of Toby Hooper documentary. It's about twenty six minutes long. John Daily edited this film and deserves one hundred percent of the credit because the way I conceived it was interviews with some of the contributors to our book American Twilight The Cinema of Tobey Hooper, and I got a lot of great interviews. I got an exclusive brand new interview with Joe Bob Briggs as well. And John took a very simple concept and turned it into a real movie. The artistry of his edit and the way he used footage from Hooper's films was nothing short of astonishing, especially when you consider that we we made that thing in about three weeks. So not because not because it's about our work, but because it's amazing and because it's about John Daly's work. I highly recommend people check it out. It really is astonishing.
Speaker 3: I had very little to do with it, so I can say this is completely unbiased. I was proud just to even have people I know be involved in it. It is that good. I am stoked that it's been able to go out there. Just the YouTube views, more than three thousand people have watched it, which is fantastic. I'm stoked that people are able to get eyes on it. And if you have it, please go back, put in your watch later playlist, catch it when you can. It's a little long, I get that, but if you can, don't like listen to it while you work, actually watch it. There's something about hearing the interviews and seeing the films discussed at the same time that make it feel genuinely magical.
Speaker 5: And Joe Bob was so generous at the end. He actually did drive in totals for the book, which was very funny, kind of making fun of the academic side of things. So that happened. We can't announce any of them yet, I don't think. But we finished a couple of visual essays.
Speaker 4: Multiple yeah, and that's just in the last week.
Speaker 5: Erica of Unsung Horrors finished an amazing visual essay that I cannot wait for. People to see. So I think it's one of she makes. It's one of her best ones.
Speaker 3: Honestly, and that disc that that's going to be on is going to be special, and I can't wait to really highlight that.
Speaker 5: Clayton Dillard, who many of you don't know yet because none of the visual essays he's made have been released, but he.
Speaker 3: He's in the documentary. You can go see him. He's in the documentary the video.
Speaker 5: He isn't the Toby Hooper documentary, but he's got three or four that are about to be announced that are worth the price of the disc. I think, yeah. So, I mean, we had a very active October and Halloween was nice. My daughter Helen dressed up as a frat boy and what that meant to her was khaki cargo shorts, a T shirt with some Greek letters on it, some flannel, pink backwards hill figure hat, and she took some makeup and made like a goateea. I was pretty I was pretty impressed with that. She came up. Oh and she had a red solo cup for the nice how about? How about? How was Halloween for you guys?
Speaker 4: It was okay.
Speaker 3: We took our kids, I think on the longest walk that they've been able to do yet as they get a little bit older. It's finally like a real Halloween trigger treat. Jonah was dressed up from any of you that are friends of mine on Facebook, You've got to see the picture. My oldest was dressed up as an inflatable rubber chicken, but done up in like a seventies rocker style. It had like neon feathers and stuff like that. My youngest spencer was Yoshi and it was fan freak fantastic.
Speaker 4: He looked great. They both had a good time, had plenty of loute.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wal walked throughout the back end of the neighborhood that we live in, which we found out would because we don't go back there very often. Quite obviously the rich area. Found some like full sized candy bars. We'll be visiting there again.
Speaker 4: The last month, you and I talked about a bunch of stuff that you've watched. What have you been watching? My friend?
Speaker 5: Oh, I want to call out Josie DeMarco. She put a list of movies that she just saw, and one of them I watched. Yeah, pull those up because I just watched one of them perfectly. It's the perfect for the day after the election. I watched The Face Behind the Mask, which is streaming on Criterion right now, stars Peter Laurie. Holy shit, that's a bleak one. I don't want to spoil any of it. It's only like sixty eight minutes, so I highly recommend The Face Behind the Mask with Peter Laurie. It was great movie.
Speaker 3: Palace of Blood also left a common before we even got started. Will what's your top three Christmas or holiday movies?
Speaker 5: I'll tell you in December.
Speaker 3: Gotta come back next month. All right, what'd you watch in October? In the first part of November.
Speaker 5: Well, i'll tell you. Actually, the last one I'm gonna show will take everyone's minds off of everything. So in addition to the Face Behind the Mask, I'll start with streaming. I watched I watched a movie called Freelance. Is that what it's called freelance? Freelance with Alison Brie. Yeah, it's from twenty twenty three with Alison Brie and John Cena and it's you made fun of it on the show because the cover art was so dumb.
Speaker 4: Oh was that called freelance?
Speaker 5: Yeah? John Cena is a x X special ops seal guy turned mercenary who is sent to a third a South American country unnamed, but it's it's Venezuela with a Hugo Chavez style dictator. And what's interesting is that the movie is not good, but it's not bad either. I expected it to be terrible, but it wasn't terrible. And weirdly, it makes the Hugo Chavez dictator like heroic, like protecting his country from the capitalist oligarchs like us. So I don't not recommend freelance. I enjoyed it. Okay, that's my Another thing I watched streaming. Oh we'll do that with the announcements. So I watched first time Mark's Brothers A Night in Casablanca, and it's about Nazis post World War two, hiding out in a hotel, murdering hotel clerk after a hotel clerk in an attempt to find some jewels that they've hidden there. Finally, Groucho becomes the hotel clerk and things begin to turn the right way. I wished Graucho had been part of the Democratic Party strategy night at Casablank. I reckoonmend with the aforementioned John Daley. Just the other night. I watched Joe Demato's twenty twenty Texas Gladiators four K from seven. It's actually a quite a bargain, really, because for the price of one four K you get five movies in one movie. It just keeps changing to a different movie. I'm not even sure what happens, but I'll I loved it. It starts out well, you know what, I'll let it go.
Speaker 4: Hell of a review.
Speaker 5: I saw Night Chills nice from Saturn's Core. Great, actually really well shot. This is an SOV movie from two thousand and one about a group of Dungeons and Dragons players. It was released in two thousand and one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I remember, for some reason, I remember that being like ninety one.
Speaker 5: Dang, Okay, I think I think of all SOV movies as being nineteen ninety one. Okay, But anyway, enjoyed it a lot. It's about a group of D and D players, one of whom is socially awkward, lonely, and mentally unstable. Makes equally good double feature with mazes and monsters or Charles Banns The Dungeon Master. Depending on your mood. Do you want to go full mental instability? You can do mazes and monsters. Do you want to just have a little fun, you can go Dungeon Master Joy that last slumber Party from AGFA. My favorite part of this is how enthusiastic. Oh shoot, what's his name? From AGFA?
Speaker 4: Is Brett Berg? No, the other one.
Speaker 5: Yes, there's a great Q and A with the one Joe and the lead actress on here. It's better than the movie. But the movie is fun. I'll say that coming towards the end. I actually watched a lot of movies not for work this month. It takes a lot for a movie to make me say what is happening? An Eye for an Eye made me say what is happening? Like six times. It's just a straightforward you think Cops versus Triad Hong Kong Cat three movie. It's got a nice historical context visual essay by Sam Deagan. This movie well worth picking up. I loved Die for an Eye. Finally, and here's the controver. Here's the most controversial thing that's going to happen this week.
Speaker 4: Okay, I remember this.
Speaker 5: I ran the series, the entire Alien franchise. I've not seen Romulus yet. I was doing this to prepare for Romulus. I had never seen Prometheus or Covenant, and so I decided to go back to the beginning and watch all of the Alien films. Here is my take, Alien One. I liked it better than I remember, which is a lot for me to say about A Ridley's got moving, But because it was written by Dan O'Bannon, it makes sense. Yeah, Alien One, no notes. I think we all agree that it is close to, if not a masterpiece Aliens from James Cameron. As you know, I'm no fan of James Cameron. Aliens too, I disliked more than I remembered, and hear me out. When a filmmaker makes a world, it can be any world they want. But once you make the world, the world has to follow the rules that you set for it. Whether you're Jim Norski or Steven Spielberg, you make the world, and if you break the rules of your own world, then that's a problem. They send like this squadron of highly trained military people, and as Sigourney Weaver points out, they have less of a survivability rating than a small child. They're the dumbest soldiers in the history, like clearly marines, like just the dumbest and the only reason I enjoy any of it is because of the way Bill Paxton delivers his stupid lines. The lines are stupid, any other actor that would be awful, he makes them good. So I did not enjoy Aliens Alien three. I watched both cuts, and I'm gonna I'm gonna give props to the studio for the nineteen ninety seven cut, because I had forgotten. They spend the first thirty minutes of the movie dismembering a child's corpse and killing a dog. That's the beginning of the movie, and it.
Speaker 4: Gets just to get you to set.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you know what, Props to the studio for that. I actually enjoyed the theatrical cut more than the reassembly cut that was supposed to be closer to what Fincher wanted. So I did not hate Alien three. Aliens Resurrection is the best movie of the series. I watched it again. It was so great. It is the only one of the series that I can see myself watching again. I loved it. It's funny, it's dark. The concept is cool of grafting a Ripley clone with alien DNA. The alien swimming sequences are crazy. The entire cast of the City of Lost Children is there, Why not a rider. It's just like there. I highly recommend Alien Resurrection again. Prometheus was fucking stupid, and so was Covenant. I cannot believe that these people can't follow basic protocol when they're dealing with biohazards. You know, in the first one, it made sense why the protocol was violated because of the programming of the artificial human. But in Prometheus and Covenant, it was just like, I don't care to follow protocol dealing with alien biohazards because my lover is in danger. I did not watch the Aliens Versus Predator movies. I will do it. I will do it well. Predator easy to rank. Predator two is number one, Predator one is number two, and inexplicably, the one with Adrian Brody is probably the third best one. Oh wait, no, no, pray. I liked the Native American one.
Speaker 3: It's kind of crazy that we're supposed to get two new Predator movies next year.
Speaker 5: It might be too much of a good thing. We'll see, but anyway, that's it. I watched six Alien movies.
Speaker 3: You have a silent mandible pleading with you not to watch Alien Versus Predator Requiem.
Speaker 5: That's just too many words.
Speaker 4: There are long words. That doesn't help either.
Speaker 5: There are too many colons in that. If you have more than one colon, seek help.
Speaker 4: Oh man.
Speaker 3: So my last week, I don't know if I was just gearing up for the week necessarily, but I watched two very depressing romantic films my weekly watch with my mom and my wife. We sat down with own nicklin Silver's Chilei Scenes of Winter the first time I've seen it. That movie is a fucking masterpiece. The dialogue in that film is so great, Like John hurt is always amazing, but the way that movie was written is so just genuine and unique, and the split timelines that they go through for some of the flashbacks and how he's feeling and the breaking the fourth wall really really great. So glad to be able to pop up in that criterion. Finally, if you've never seen it, definitely check it out. The team behind it, you could tell just gelled together.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I wish they had made Prometheus, wouldn't be much better.
Speaker 4: The other movie I saw.
Speaker 3: I got to go to the theaters last Friday, and I will just add to the chorus of praise right now on Sean Baker's Anora. This is easily the favorite new film of the year that I saw. It was just stupendously written, incredibly active by Mikey Madison. I genuinely hope she gets the best actress Oscar. What's crazy? And I do want to point out it's kind of hard to say I hope she gets the best actress Oscar, because like women this year have put on some incredible performances and not so far, not a single male lead performance have made me say, damn, he deserves to win. But there's like six or seven female performances that I could see being remembered as the best of the year, which is amazing to see. But yeah, Mikey Madison was great Honora. Please go see in a theater. The sound, the visuals in this it is in my opinion, I got to see it once or twice more, but probably Sean Baker's best film so far. You can tell it's incredibly personal with how much he's been in New York for his life, but the way that he approaches things with true cinema of air tay and getting like true people on the on the street to film something with Mikey Madison and after it goes well, then approach them and say, hey, do you mind having that being a movie is just such a genuine way to get these films done with real people, and it's it's beautiful.
Speaker 4: Love it.
Speaker 3: Hope everybody can see it because it's the best of the year by long shot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can't wait to see it, Like you're gonna say something, I have to admit some of the jokes that I would have made, I just don't feel in my heart like making.
Speaker 4: I completely understand it, Like there's.
Speaker 5: When you're happy, there's a certain there's a certain kind of joke you can make, and when you're sad, there's a certain kind of joke you can make, and I I haven't. I'm not exactly sure where I am emotion only. I will not be punching down unless by down you mean pasty, weak, whiny, bitch, soft, nepotistic rich boys that would be punching down.
Speaker 3: I suppose, Well, if you want to punch down at that, Anora is a great film to watch because you will enjoy watching the everything just fall apart.
Speaker 5: Oh you know what? You know what? I do like seeing rich and titled bitch boys get their comeuppings.
Speaker 4: Good.
Speaker 5: Has any of that happened?
Speaker 3: Of course, Yeah, but also not enough, but it's it's still worth WHI never enough never uh pickups.
Speaker 4: What have you been getting to your house here lately?
Speaker 5: Well, my car broke down, my refrigerator broke, our oven broke, our landlord sent over a guy to do some landscaping, and they left a gate open that we didn't know about. So our dog got out and got in a fight with another dog. So that was some of VAT bills. The other dog lived, which is kind of amazing because our dog is a monster bread to kill. So I didn't I didn't pick up that much. But that being said, oh shoot, I forgot something. Well that's okay. I did get a couple of things that I'm pretty excited about long long ago. I did a pre order from fun City, and I got the slips for Paradise and Heavenly Bodies one of the hottest things to come out of Canada, and Bad Company, So all of those are exciting. I did pick up. I forgot them in the other room. But I did pick up a couple of Criterion titles Repoman, four K, Bound four K. Pretty happy with those, and then just today this is a near live unboxing. So I just opened these before the show started. This is actually your fault. I wasn't going to do this, and then you messaged me a couple weeks ago and were like, in three minutes, check out Neon Eagle's website, and so I picked up I Want to Get Even. And when I went to get I Want to Get Even, I saw that they had replenished stock of the limited edition of a Ninja Terminator, which I don't need. I have no need for, but I have, and I'm excited to watch not just Ninja Terminator, but also the un Guest of the Star Faery, which definitely sounds like a dream I had, or a Deaf Crocodile's title.
Speaker 3: And you know, speaking of that, everybody's talking about getting the next three in. I'm so excited to get Trapped Ashes and the Outcast and Tamala and and yeah, I can't wait to see those get shipped.
Speaker 4: I got.
Speaker 3: I usually don't share too too many, but there's kind of a lot here that I don't get to talk about a lot. So I wanted to Oscilloscope's newest title from their subscription, Once within a Time is here. This is an experimental film. Once again, they included a little gift with it, and it's this little holographic card that's not showing up super well on here, but there it is.
Speaker 4: Next one that will loves to.
Speaker 3: Not be super enthused about the newest Kevin Smith film in four K, the four thirty movie.
Speaker 5: Oh, I didn't even know that happened.
Speaker 3: The only way to get it in four K is in this Lionsgate steel book that looks like a VHS on the inside, and some cool things about it is they went all out on that. But the back, these little circles are debossed to feel like VHS. And then if you're super into like limited editions, on the inside of the steel book, let's see if I get the glare off of it, it says first pressing, so you can be extra proud of having the first edition of the steel book that they'll probably print twelve of.
Speaker 4: Can't wait to watch that.
Speaker 5: I don't. I don't hate Kevin Smith. He seems like a good guy. He does just not a good filmmaker.
Speaker 3: Newest thing I'm sure many of you got, and I was not going to get this until it was still available a couple days later.
Speaker 4: The brand new four k.
Speaker 5: Oh you got your yes, sir ship. I ordered from Orbit because I support.
Speaker 3: I was at a pumpkin patch with my children that day, so it sold out before I could get to it on Orbit. But nice book that comes in here, poster. It's just nice to see a good release of this film. Eager to check it out. And then the last two things have not shown a radiance pickup in quite some time. This may be one of the things I've been most excited about this year, the Diegothic set, three different films in this nice big book, great looking box. But I happened to notice that when both of these came in two days. And I know we joked about this packaging theft over the I think it was last god last December at this point maybe, But I just happened to notice how identical this eighty eight Films japan Archy release looks to Radiance when you put it right next to each other. I won this in a raffle and got this in this week, and yeah, was not planning on picking this up, but here it is identical to Irradiance.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, what can we make of this?
Speaker 3: We got a shit ton of announcements to cover anything else you want to go into before we start there.
Speaker 5: Well, if it's anything like Tuesday, we'll go through about thirty minutes of enthusiasm and then we'll just slowly lose lose interest. So let's start with the good stuff.
Speaker 3: Well, let's start with the good stuff. Reminder to everybody that last week during the show, the Criterion Sale went live. This is the Barnes and Noble Criterion Sale. It is fifty percent off of everything including what comes out this month. You can get those online or in store, and this ends on December December second, and.
Speaker 5: We should mention that in addition to beheemoth companies like Barnes and Noble, if you would like to support incredibly brave, incredibly bald, incredibly alone men like Jeff Bezos, Amazon is price matching this is true.
Speaker 3: Let's go into the real announcements because OCN started launching stuff for their Black Friday Sale and also partner labels for the month of November.
Speaker 5: So we're starting with Vinegar Syndrom and OCN.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, this is the VSU coming as part of the Black Friday Sale, and that is a four K release of Congo from nineteen ninety five it's Congo. How do you feel about Congo?
Speaker 4: There? Will?
Speaker 5: You know I've been saying why no four K for years? Congo? You know, I mean it's got Bruce Campbell for like a scene, it's got, it's got, it's you know, it's awful. But here it is. And yeah, Ernie Hudson, it's got a great cast. Freaking doctor Frankenforter is in it. I actually opened in Awesome as Frankenfurter.
Speaker 4: In a juggle.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like so dominant.
Speaker 3: This is not the type of comment that we get every week. Sibboner just said, I went on a date with Julia Stiles to see Congo and I still hated.
Speaker 5: Congo save the last Congo.
Speaker 4: Would you say that you were not a swim fan.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's not much to say about Congo. If you've seen it then you know, And if you haven't seen it, you know, that's a lot of money.
Speaker 4: Terry says, I could finally upgrade the.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: Oh you sound like all the Facebook comments.
Speaker 3: Uh that being said, uh, this is historically not known for being a great movie. But a lot of extras on this commentary with Kelly Goodner and Jim Hempel, We've got a looking back at the creation of Congo's Gorilla New making of doc with Stan Winston Studio crew.
Speaker 4: That's that's pretty rad.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, this is someone's favorite movie, and you know it's okay to laugh at the movie and ship on a little bit. I'm glad that it's gotten a real any you know, anything gets that gets released. I'm glad. Mostly I think what I just said is not true, but I am like when they announced Congo, I was like, Okay, not for me, but I'm I'm glad that happened.
Speaker 3: You know, Uh stances, I met Richard Simmons outside the theater before seeing Congo, and it still sucked. That's rather funny. Uh, Simmonard just corrected me. I totally thought that Julia Stiles was the one in uh in swim Fan.
Speaker 5: I didn't know what the hell you were talking about. But I hadn't seen swim Fans. I was like, isn't that the one with halle Berry and her boobs?
Speaker 3: I'm not understanding that reference. Uh, but Swim I.
Speaker 5: Thought there was like some controversially erotic scene with halle Berry. Is she in them? Is she in that movie?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: She's not? No?
Speaker 3: I oh God, what about Swordfish. That's what I'm talking about. Swordfish. Yeah, that's the one with Travolta.
Speaker 4: That's hilarious.
Speaker 5: But if you were a fan of swimming, you could encounter Swordfish true, so you can see how I made the error.
Speaker 3: Yes, this one has a book with the essays by Simon Abrams, Mass Singer and justin the Liberty. Check it out vsus do pretty well. I'm not gonna say like it's about still out or anything, but this is one of those ones that if you want it, check it out.
Speaker 5: You know, it would be a good double feature with Congo Dumbo Trump Operation Dumbo Trump and you know what is a good you know, it is a good elephant movie that people I'd like to see this in four K. Larger than Life Bill Murray and Janine Garoffalo with an elephant.
Speaker 4: Man there are.
Speaker 5: The nineties were great, dude, the nineties. At some point in the nineties, movie executives were like, Bill Murray, Jenny Garoffalo, elephant boom, make it and it's pretty good. I like Larger than Life.
Speaker 4: I remember it not being bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, next up coming as part of your subscription. If you're a vinegar syndrome, subscriber. The long awaited Looking for Mister Goodbar from nineteen seventy seven is getting a four K Blu Ray two disc set and huber D's in all its glory finally coming. This is brand You're gonna have a Dolby Vision HDR great on this commentary track with Gillian Wallace or Julian Wallace, Horbitt and Richard Brooks and the making of Looking for Mister Goodbar twenty three minutes.
Speaker 4: Lots of stuff coming on this.
Speaker 3: We've got forty page book with Elizabeth Purchell, great writer, gonna be a part of that.
Speaker 4: This is a big deal.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Long wait, now I've never seen this and this I'm gonna ask an ignorant question. Does it have anything to do with the candy? No?
Speaker 4: It does not.
Speaker 5: All my life I've thought, like, what is this movie about mister Goodbar's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I will say the VID fifty four says Goodbar has an ending almost as bad as the election.
Speaker 4: I will say this is a very mean spirited movie.
Speaker 3: This is gonna be one A lot of people check out and are surprised by for good and bad reasons, but very excited that this is getting an HD release finally and will is losing his damn mind on his camera, Gary says Goodbar. Finally, they said it would never happen because of all the rights to the disco songs. Speaking of that, I wanted to start getting people excited. I don't remember if I mentioned this last week.
Speaker 4: This is a big deal.
Speaker 3: I got an interview with Joe Rubin from Vinegar Syndrome, one of the owners. Finally got that to happen. We will be releasing that on Friday, Black Friday self and we go into all the titles that are being announced and discuss what happened for looking for mister Goodbar and all kinds of crazy stuff.
Speaker 4: You're gonna love it.
Speaker 3: Check that out after the sale goes live, after you go to sleep late that night, and I think I'll be excited about it.
Speaker 5: And the issue for years and years has been the music rights. Right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's very popular disco songs in this.
Speaker 5: Ah, well worth the way.
Speaker 3: Next up, one of the other titles for Vinegar Syndrome is Blood Tracks from nineteen eighty five. Nice heavy metal, snowy, slasher, some adjectives you don't usually get together.
Speaker 4: This one has they like.
Speaker 3: This has a commentary with the one and Only Amanda Reyes and a film historian Rickard Graham fours and special features producer You and Can't. We got an interview with the actor Jeff Harding, interview with Naomi Knita, interview with Harriet Robinson, interview with Frederick Offrain. There's all kinds of stuff that happened for this. Ewan was able to do quite a few of these things and even sign this film in England himself, went over and found the person that had the rights, got it all done. This is gonna be a big release. I think some people were guessing this right before the announcement was made, but this is cool.
Speaker 5: You know what I think you have to say what?
Speaker 4: Oh what what? What do you think?
Speaker 5: Well? Now the timings off you know what I think? What do you think Will Ewan can.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean he's a He's a British citizen, so he can.
Speaker 5: Well An.
Speaker 3: The next title that they announced was their VSP and that is Black Eyed Susan, a film by Scooter McCrae. This is supposedly really great, actually just played at Fantastic Fest. I think shot entirely on film, finished in four K. We got a commentary with Scooter. We got a group commentary with a bunch of people from the film, some interviews. This is one of those that Vinegar Syndrome had a hand in producing, which is why it's in the VSP. We've got some short films on here. This looks to be a pretty great set if you're wanting this.
Speaker 5: Cold.
Speaker 3: Did you watch the video that they posted from Vinegar Syndrome with Scooter in it?
Speaker 5: No, I haven't seen that.
Speaker 3: They posted like a four minute video of him geeking out over everything in the archive. It was pretty great.
Speaker 5: Oh nice, I'll watch that for sure.
Speaker 3: Speaking of that, if anybody did not see it, they posted a long video with Oscar the archivist at Vinegar Syndrome, literally singing about how we're able to get the next title that we're going to talk about, which is Cannibal the music. We've known this obviously for a while. This was announced previously. However, I didn't know this. This was a surprise for me.
Speaker 4: You gotta pay attention on the weeks you're not here, sir.
Speaker 5: Oh I don't ever watch?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, I know that was the joke. Come on, you ruined the facade.
Speaker 5: Weird.
Speaker 4: There are so many extras on this.
Speaker 3: It's it's a great look and release. Can't really argue with it. A bunch of new interviews, commentaries. They've got the legendary drunk commentary that Trey Parker and Matt Stone did on this. There's even an essay by Walt Chaw on Cannibal the Musical, which is crazy.
Speaker 5: I love Cannibal the Musical. This was a very exciting announcement. I'm glad I was surprised. I'm glad I didn't listen. Now there's only one Trauma licensed movie that I'm that I'm waiting on, but I'm gonna talk about it in December, Okay, on December, just so you know. In December, I'm going to share DVD releases that I am wishing into existence for twenty twenty five, twenty twenty six because my wishes went so well this year. Like, honestly, now that I say this out loud, I realize I should have wished for a different outcome on Tuesday because I've been I didn't think I needed to wish, and all my wishes have been coming true all year, and then I forget to use my power for good.
Speaker 3: It has been a crazy just even the last six months of announcements of titles that people thought would never ever be released, and now like I have Gummo on four K about eight inches for me right now, I've got Happiness on four K right here, neither of which were on my list. But okay, there's things that have never had an HG release. That's a pretty big deal.
Speaker 5: I know. It's just like you named the two most uncomfortable movies that were released this year.
Speaker 3: A lot of people love those, and I know, I'm very happy to have Gumo Happiness, Like I love it and I get it. But yeah, Gummo was definitely online.
Speaker 5: Though Happiness doesn't have a lot of rewatchability for me, I will eventually get it and watch it like again, but like, I don't. I don't see myself like sitting down on a Friday night with like a couple of Bruis and be like, oh man, you know what I want to watch? Happiness?
Speaker 3: Hey kids, I'm just about to say it's one to watch your family watch a movie with dad.
Speaker 4: Let's spread some happiness. Uh So.
Speaker 3: Cannibal the Musical is part of the Degausser line. This will be available ring the Black Friday Sale. However, you can pre order it now, and uh yeah, it's exciting.
Speaker 5: I gotta say a great Stan Brackage cameo. This is. I think Cannibal and Orgasmo are probably my favorite things that Trey Parker and Matt Stone made. And that's not a slam on South Park. I just think these two early movies were absolutely amazing. I mean, I can't argue with that, and they're free of cynicism. Like, if I have any criticism of South Park, especially in the later years, it's the cynicism. But Cannibal and Orgasmo are absolutely joyful while also being incredibly inappropriate.
Speaker 4: Orgasmo as funny as hell.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, all.
Speaker 4: Right, boy, Cannibal the musical because it's coming as the Degasser.
Speaker 3: They're also doing that special VHS that lights up, so you can get that as well.
Speaker 5: And yeah, I used to have this on VHS. Nice.
Speaker 3: The next thing, Destrip Picks has announced Ron Sullivan the Early Years. This is their next release and you can pre order this now. This is available on mailu Scene and the Vinegar Syndrome site. This will be region free and it includes Lust Weekend and The Bizarre Ones and Scorpio seventy. This is gonna be a hell of a set. We got a bunch of archival interviews, We've got some original tantical trailers. We've got an audio interview with Ron Sullivan and adult film historian Ashley West that was on the rialto report this looks like a really pretty great release.
Speaker 5: Actually a little trivia for people who didn't know. Scorpio seventy's original shooting title was Scorpio seventeen and it was a out a Centipedo file.
Speaker 3: Sivener says, it's giving me hu in centipede vibes. So that was perfect.
Speaker 5: I thought that was pretty good.
Speaker 3: Can I see Scorpio seventy five? Haven't seen Scorpio one through sixty nine. You should probably see at least parts four and seventeen.
Speaker 4: For a little bit of context. All right.
Speaker 3: Then we got a whole shit ton of partner label announcements. Our first one here is twenty thousand species of bees coming from Film Movement. This is our slipcover here. This one sounds incredible. It says in a small, sleepy village in the Basque County, a sculptor named Anne and her three children arrive at her mother, Leada's home for summer vacation, where they are surrounded by extended family and nosy neighbors, and and her mother's relationship is strained. Leda disapproves of her daughter's fraid marriage, career as an artist and the way she parents her obstinate and mischievous children, Chief among them is eight year old Eye Tour, nicknamed Coco, after it becomes clear that being referred to by the name of Eye Tour or Atour, however you say it, elicit's feelings of distress in the child born biologically male, neither birth name nor the genderless nickname feel quite right, and Ann's concern for her child grows as Coco becomes more withdrawn. The child's only respite lies a bat in the Bass Kills, where Anne's aunt Lordis, tends to the family's bee keeping farm. Among the peaceful humming of bees and Lordis's open minded guardianship, Coco slowly begins to confide in family and friends her discomfort and her body, eventually voicing a desire to be treated as a girl. As Coco explores her own developing identity over the summer, and and the rest of her family in turn, must learn to accept the child as she is this is going to be region free and has a bonus short film on there and looks fantastic.
Speaker 5: I watched the trailer and the cinematography was gorgeous, So I'm pretty excited to see this, and I hope this movie gets seen. I think a lot of people need to see movies like this.
Speaker 3: Beyond that, one thing to point out about this if you are after slips for some reason, there are three titles this month from the OCN partner labels that only got five hundred slips. This is one of them, but that's the smallest print run that we've seen yet for any of these titles. There are still some left of this one, but it is on the lower end, so if you were wanting it, you may want to check it out sooner than later.
Speaker 5: Twenty thousand bees, five hundred slips.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: Adam Green's Aladdin from twenty sixteen is getting a release through CARTOONA, which is amazing.
Speaker 4: So glad this is getting a release. Hurd a lot about this one.
Speaker 3: It says it's a hypersensory, poetic, and humorously modern take on the Arabian nights class tale. In this you've got Adam Green, Eliot Shotkatt, Natasha Leone, Macaulay Culkin, Jack Dishell, Francesco Clemente, Nicole of Liberty and Bippling. This has behind the scenes doock, some outtakes, trailer cut lines, some music videos, Kickstarter promo, and all kinds of other stuff. But yeah, glad this is coming out. Love Adam Green. This looks really fun. Frozen and Hatchet.
Speaker 5: And Frozen that's the one with the ski lift.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love that movie.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: He is the Holliston and Joe Lynch guy.
Speaker 5: Right right right. The Hatchet movies, yeah, I saw those. The Victor Crowley one with Tiffany sheppis underused in my opinion, But great death scene by Falssa Rose.
Speaker 4: This is true.
Speaker 5: I was just listening to a great older episode of Casualty Friday on my commute home in which Caine Hodder and Tiffany sheppis and Fliss Row's interview Bill Moseley, and he tells the story of how he got into the got into the business, how he got his SAG card, and it's a great interview. So I'm weird, like anytime somebody. Maybe I'm not weird, maybe other people do this too, But anytime somebody recommends a podcast or something, I'll listen to an episode, and if I like it, I then must go all the way back to the beginning and listen to every single episode sequentially. So I'm in like twenty nineteen of Casualty Friday, and I'm on like season one of you Must Remember This, you know that kind of thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it turns out the comment we just got this is a different Adam Green. Dang it, this is how that we just started talking about. Yeah, this is completely unrelated.
Speaker 5: Oh, this guy, get your own name. I'm sure this Adam Green is pretty great.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, that was hilarious.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you ever google yourself to find out who else has your name?
Speaker 4: Uh? No, but because like nobody has my last name.
Speaker 5: Well, I've got a really good collegiate golfer and a homophobic pastor in Texas. There's three of us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we gotta we gotta comment here from Reservoir Fella eighty eight. Don't you hate it when the VS partner labels movie pages don't have a trailer on the page?
Speaker 5: I dote I also think that in this particular case, they should distinguish there Adam Greens.
Speaker 3: I fully agree, and Ryan wants to show it to you that he's got five years of episodes so that you can, oh, I know.
Speaker 5: I've started. I've started as well. We'll talk about that it should be Adam Green's not that one.
Speaker 4: Aladdin, not that Adam Green's Aladdin.
Speaker 5: I actually say not that one twice. Adam Green's not that Adam Green's Aladdin, not that Aladdin.
Speaker 3: Craig says, my name has been murdered or been the murderer several times recently.
Speaker 4: That's hilarious.
Speaker 5: Well do we have have has anyone in the chat had time to find out? Okay, thank you? I was just about zepam. It looks like he Green is a musician. What kind of musician is it?
Speaker 3: Directed a music video for Father John Misty.
Speaker 5: Oh fuck, well hopefully that was just for the paycheck. Uh.
Speaker 4: Yes, trailers are not cheap.
Speaker 5: I know, guy will do him pretty cheap for you. So this Adam Green's a musician. I wonder what kind of like I want to say, jazz fusion.
Speaker 4: With the Father John Missy. I can see that.
Speaker 5: I I'm sure that Father John Misty and I agree on a lot of things. I just feel like, you know, I'm insufferable in many ways, but I feel like he's insufferable in ways that are different than me, and I don't like him. This is father John Misty, not Adam Green. We're staying until we figure out who Adam Green.
Speaker 4: Ism says it's anti folk.
Speaker 5: Music and anti folk music.
Speaker 4: Well that's he was in the Moldy Peaches.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, I like moldy pieces. Moving on.
Speaker 4: Quick before we tut down another rabbit hole.
Speaker 5: Check it out.
Speaker 3: The Canalog releasing the adult swim mule Log.
Speaker 4: Which, uh, what is I ever know what this is? Okay?
Speaker 3: So this is something that they played on Cartoon Network that started as a eulog and devolves into a horror movie.
Speaker 5: So how long do you have to watch the yulag before it gets to the movie.
Speaker 3: It's a little longer than you would like, but enough to be a little uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: The whole thing is great. This is so worth it.
Speaker 3: I also love that in the extras on this it says yule log in parentheses for real this time. And then the fact that this is a yule log film. We have two feature length audio commentaries with the cast and crew.
Speaker 4: That's hilarious.
Speaker 5: I wish one of them was on the real eulog.
Speaker 3: So in this scene the crackling was done. We also have a book that was by Grady Frickin' Hendrix on this, which is pretty cool.
Speaker 5: Oh, I've heard of him. I've read a couple of his books. Yes, you know what I liked. He did one about horror. Horror sterr has the thoughts over there.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's a.
Speaker 5: Haunted Ikea and the book has all these like catalog descriptions of products that are supernatural.
Speaker 4: I recommend. Yeah, Uh, let's see.
Speaker 3: Dustin says I'm behind, but I go back to that congo cover. Why is there a sperm swimming into the gorilla's eye?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 3: Uh, let's see.
Speaker 4: Father John Misty has an amazing album coming out, says Aaron.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I don't wanna. I don't want to shoot on like fans of Father John Misty. I know he's very popular and cool.
Speaker 4: Silent. Oh, we got a book reader over here.
Speaker 5: That's got a lot of pictures.
Speaker 4: Oh that's.
Speaker 3: Right, let's go to our It's good. Well, it's good to laugh, isn't it, Ryan, It really is. We need to do this before we go though. This has a special edition limited spot gloss lenticular slip cover, so you know that'll be worth at least four dollars in the coming years. But the bigger thing, I love the fact that an adult swim like weirdo horror movie that was shown at like two o'clock in the morning is getting a physical media release. And that gives me hope that somebody could get too many cooks and that's exciting.
Speaker 5: Or maybe William Wyler's weathering Heights.
Speaker 4: That is possible and this indicates that that's possible.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I feel like I'm in Cartoon Cartoon Network at times, late night Cartoon Network.
Speaker 4: I'm with you.
Speaker 5: I feel like I'm in late night Cartoon Network. Oh Man Speak, King of Yule Logs.
Speaker 3: Film movement this month is releasing Bent from nineteen ninety seven. Here's our slipcover. This one is starring Clive Owen, Mick Jagger, Ian McKellen, Nikolash Coster Waldau, Jude La Rachel Weiss. Say that again, Nicolaje cost Waldo, Did I erase all of the accent?
Speaker 4: There enough for you? Paul Bettany.
Speaker 3: This one says in nineteen thirties, Berlin Max sleeps with German essay officer Wolf, only to see him killed by his fellow Nazis the next morning as part of the Night of the Long Knives. Refusing an offer of new papers from his uncle Freddy for fear of leaving his boyfriend Rudy behind, Max and Rudy are found by the Gestapo, to whom Max lies about his homosexuality and his relationship with Rudy. Bound for the Chow concentration camp, Max will have to reckon with his identity and his dignity in the face of terrible persecution, says Cast and Crewe. Interviews Mick Jagger music video Streets to Berlin, behind the scenes footage and a new essay for this one.
Speaker 5: This is a great movie. Legit maybe great so a lot, but I think it's good.
Speaker 4: This is what I need to see.
Speaker 5: Well, you know yeah this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sorry, Sam, I know you're from the UK. I was just playing it up. Factory twenty five this month better than something Jay Rietard. This is from twenty twelve. This is a documentary. Have you seen this?
Speaker 5: I have not. I'm familiar with Jay's work and tragically short life. Yeah, the nineties were the best decade. I'm very excited to see this continue with your description.
Speaker 3: This is a documentary that I've wanted to see for a long time, and it seems like something that you would have seen, which is why I leaned into it.
Speaker 4: I had hoped that you had. I've heard great things about this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, tragically, short life, deleted scenes, we got twenty twenty four interviews with the cast, film and deleted scenes, commentary tracks by a couple people, thirty two page booklet with some essays in it. This is one that if you're a music fan. I feel like a lot of people probably already picked this up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I hope.
Speaker 3: Next one is Yellow Veil putting out the Book of Birdie from twenty seventeen. This says Bertie is a fragile and introverted teenager with a dark imagination. When her worried grandmother sends her to a dying convent, Bertie develops unusual obsessions that will mark her as either a saint or a heretic.
Speaker 5: Oh, there we go.
Speaker 4: We got an intro on this.
Speaker 3: We've got small featurettes, we got some commentaries like the More Deadly Podcast with Elizabeth E. Shoots and Rachel and Ariel from the More Deadly Podcast. Uh, some interviews, visual essay on the design of the Book of Birdie, and then a whole bunch of deleted scenes, trailers, featurettes, all that kind of stuff, including a little booklet with essays from Alexander Heller Nicholas, a valerie of Veegis Linvall, and director's notes and writer's notes. You know, say what you will about the Catholics, there's a lot Tuesday.
Speaker 5: They got the best horror movies, no question, no question. Catholics have the best horror movies.
Speaker 3: Is that is that your main style of horror that you love is supernatural?
Speaker 5: No? But if I mean, like you know what, you're gonna watch a Lutheran horror movie.
Speaker 4: There's why does it have to be a religious horror movie.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm just saying of the religious horror movie strains, Catholics are the best.
Speaker 3: I imagine once we start getting Mormons pumping out horror movies, it's gonna be pretty bad.
Speaker 5: That's like, I mean, you know, they don't.
Speaker 4: You know, be like we own most of Hawaii.
Speaker 5: Haunted underwear, you know, but the Catholics got the possession, the demons, the sexual repression, the good art. You know, it's true Baptist horror movies are just slashers, backwards slashers, you know what I mean. There's an I'm I think I made the only Quaker horror movie.
Speaker 4: As Sumner says, I've clearly never seen enough.
Speaker 5: Deadly Blessing and the I guess just children in the corn count I'm just saying, well, and you know what it is. It's because of the Catholics are so weird about masturbation. Yeah, like the priests are like, tell me about it, you know, and then things just get.
Speaker 4: Brendan says a moarm and horror movie. Oh no, someone drink iced tea, I know.
Speaker 5: Right, like that, like this religion, like if if you like believe it, then then you believe that you you drink wine and it turns into blood, and you eat a piece of cracker and it turns into flesh. Like it It just like all the horror is built.
Speaker 4: Into Middle Hell.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like you know, if it wasn't for their like global uh systematic theft of lands from indigenous people, there, institutionalized misogyny and homophobia, and their institutionalized pedophilia and cover ups. If it weren't for those things, I would say Catholicism is the best religion.
Speaker 4: On that note, but because.
Speaker 5: Of those things, I have to say, it's like bottom five, bottom five.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Let's go to our next title, which is the next one from Saturn's Core Audio and Video. This is Fatal Delusion from nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 5: He can have Catholics.
Speaker 3: So many people bought this just for the back of the slip cover there it is. Don't want to get pulled down off YouTube.
Speaker 5: Everybody's gonna have to confess about seeing this now, father, I have a fatal delusion.
Speaker 3: So this one says it presents a daggering analog panorama of bathtub autopsies, chainsaw disembowelings, incessant shower scenes, puffy neon fashions, and entrail toilet flushing.
Speaker 5: Sold sold. A copy will be purchased in the morning.
Speaker 3: New transfer from the original SVHS Master tapes. Commentary with Wave founder Gary Whitson and a couple of our actresses, moderated by Ross Snyder from Saturn's Corps.
Speaker 4: Friend of the Channel. Commentary with Richard Maugg, author of Analog Nightmares.
Speaker 3: That's pretty read. New interview with some of the actresses. Extended Tina Crause death sequence. We've got early archival interview with Tina Krause discussing the Shrink, which later become Fatal Delusion, and then, of course, in classic Saturn's Core fashion, there's a bonus movie called Virgin Sacrifices from ninety six. This is Gary Witson's Demonic Sacrifice mud wrestling epic featuring Fatal Delusion stars Tina Krause, Deanna Dempco, Lori Giglio, Don Trophy, and Sal long Ago.
Speaker 5: I want to highlight Jack Kane's comment because I'm impressed. That's that's an impressive amount of hours and also sell me yes, brat, that's all I was gonna say. Good, that's a good joke. Oh man, where you go, Saturn Score. This is a And also all companies should look at the way Saturn's Core writs their copy.
Speaker 4: It's pretty good.
Speaker 5: That's that's good stuff. And it's not extraneous, you know, it's direct, it's to the point, but at the same time, it's very evocative.
Speaker 3: It's true, absolutely true. Yeah, this looks like a solid release. Glad they're doing it. Next up is the film Desk with Have a Nice Life from twenty twenty one. This one's important because it's close to home for Will. That says on two sides of Durham, North Carolina, are two very different women, Giothie, an Indian housewife in an arranged marriage, and Sophie, an unemployed stoner musician. After they both hit dead ends in life, they meet by chance at a pawn shop and soon find themselves on the run from the law together in a wild, surreal American road trip to French Canada. This has an audio commentary, behind the scenes, teasers, some featurettes and this sounds pretty good.
Speaker 5: Knowing Durham as I do, that could be a documentary very well. Maybe to answer Sibner's question, there is absolutely nothing arranged about my marriage at any point.
Speaker 3: I think it's because I said it hit close to home. What I was getting at is Wil met his wife in a pawn shop and she's Indian.
Speaker 5: She's Irish in every way you can imagine.
Speaker 4: When she met you. Was her last name? Oh No, I was dub Let's whet going.
Speaker 3: Umbrella putting out a US release of Hercules Returns film that they have also released in Australia should be the exact same disc. Basically, I think this is the North American premiere of the twenty twenty three restoration that they did includes the English dub of the original Italian film Samson and his Mighty Challenge. I've never been able to see this, but I know this was a big one for a lot of people into Mystery Science Theater three thousand.
Speaker 4: How do you feel about this? I'm sure you've seen this one.
Speaker 5: Yeah? Is that Jason see call? That's funny? Yeah? Yeah, yeah. I mean I'm trying to remember the episode of Mister Son's Theater, but I definitely saw it at some point. But I also always like to see the movies uncut too, so I'm glad this is getting released, right important? Yeah this was on Mister Son's Theater, right, I believe. So I don't think it was. I think you're full of it.
Speaker 4: Okay, never mind, was it? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'll just click away and screw up again. I may I may be wrong. I completely thought it was.
Speaker 4: Uh, the next title is a reason it.
Speaker 5: Was unchained was on. This is different, This is like, this is like go back, This is like Mystery Son's Theater because it's uh, they do it up?
Speaker 4: Got it?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yeah, it was still looks funny, but it has the added benefit of Australian accents. I'm assuming like Australians. I love their accents.
Speaker 4: That's pretty good.
Speaker 3: You know that if I had one when I just made that joke, ammitute Ago, I would have said when she met you as her name?
Speaker 5: O nar Nar?
Speaker 4: Did I rescue the stupid joke? By all right?
Speaker 3: Next one, Canadian International is releasing a new slipcover for hit Man Hearts Wrestling with Shadows. Personally, I think the slip is way better than the first one, which wasn't bad. This is just really fitting of Brett Hart especially. I love the back. It's simple, but that's pretty rad. Uh great doc. So glad they put this out. They Owen Wilson, Owen Wilson, the Owen Hart doc on This is also really rather good.
Speaker 4: Did you watch this one?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Nah, I will, though.
Speaker 3: I love the key rays laughing at my Australian let's see, all right. Next title, I Am Santa Claus. This is from Enjoy the Ride Records. This is from twenty fourteen. Had a lot of people tell me they've been wanting a proper release of this one. This has Mick Foley in It also has Cherry Lawler and Roddy Piper. We got an audio commentary from the director and Mick Foley, new interviews with us Santa's involved in this film, Threat watch Party, from extended deleted scenes, new Mick Foley content behind the scenes, never before seeing footage of the Santas. This looks pretty great. I imagine Chris Silvestri on Facebook is buying this, and he's probably putting out comments that he's already bought it.
Speaker 4: I can't wait to hear about it.
Speaker 5: Two wrestling docs in a row.
Speaker 4: It's a big deal, I gotta say so.
Speaker 5: The reason I haven't seen The hit Man Heart yet is because I'm not really a wrestling guy.
Speaker 4: Neither am I. But it landed.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I know who he is. I haven't actually have a copy because I've pretty much the complete CIPH and I'm really interested in this. You know, mcfoley, good guy. That's it. That's a good guy. Okay, mcfoley. We like mcfoley.
Speaker 3: There is Chris says, hell, yeah, thank you for this one. I'll at ross no personally, you said thank you. Next title is from Connie and they are doing Moral from nineteen eighty two. This one says four best friends are graduating from the University of the Philippines Dilman. They're past diverging in significant, if inevitable ways. Joey bounces from lover to lover, couch to couch. Kathy, a mediocre singer, is intent on making it at all costs. Sylvia separates from her husband while he sets up house with another man. Martesque gets married and sees her life reduced to the role of mother and housewife. Over the course of three years, the life of four friends intersects at the vanguard of wider societal changes. This has a two K restoration, some interviews, a featurette about the restoration, which I always love to see, a book with new writing by Jason tan Lee Wag, and then new cover arts. This sounds pretty great, but Connie stuff is always pretty damn good.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Until Connie started up, the only Filipino movies I've seen were directed by Cirio Santiago, and so I'm so grateful this stuff is amazing.
Speaker 3: Kira says, I bought all the field Filipino films on Connie. Love Filipino Cinema Nice.
Speaker 5: No, and to be clear, love Cirio Santiago. But they're not really about Filipino people, right, right, right, and this is a yeah, this is a This is a definite pickup for me if I ever get all my stuff fixed. Oh and this one is too. Let's talk about.
Speaker 3: Its trailer Big World Pictures is The Owners from twenty nineteen, and I love the way you speak on this, so I can't wait to hear you say stuff. This has other trailers for films from Big World Pictures and subtitles and that's it. So tell us why this looks so exciting.
Speaker 5: Exciting might not be the right word, because it's about a It's about a Yeah, it's about a co op trying to make decisions. And even if you've never had to deal with a co op or hoa or anything like that, just if you've ever had to, like, you know, make decisions with a group, this is the most hilariously frustrating film. And I haven't seen the whole thing yet, so I cannot wait to watch it. I don't just watching the trail, Taylor was so frustrating that I don't think I could handle extras. I think you just had to let this movie happen to you.
Speaker 4: Let it roll over.
Speaker 3: I want to point out too, that the owner of Big World Pictures, commented on my post and said, just in time for the US election, smiley face slash sad face.
Speaker 5: That's like the actually you know what, that's correct, that's correct. I cannot this actually might be. This is one of like a couple of titles that are my most anticipated from the Oceans.
Speaker 3: I want to point out too that I had a friend of mine that lived in a suburb here in Kansas City that was literally ran out of his neighborhood by his HOA because he and his wife wanted to open a free pod, free food pantry in their front yard and the ha took lots of offense to that.
Speaker 5: Oh because of home insecure people in the neighborhood.
Speaker 4: Uh No, there wasn't any.
Speaker 3: They just wanted to be kind in case somebody wanted to do it, and they wanted a safe place to be able to get food.
Speaker 5: Gotcha. Let me tell you somebody down the street from me likes to do wild yard you know what I mean, where they don't mow their lawn and they say it's right for the environment or whatever. And they hired some company that brings goats over and they put a fence in your yard. And then let goats like wander around eating your foliage. And I walked by it and I was like, oh man, that's that's cool. Man, look at those goats. And day three, the entire world stinks, like I can't. I walk outside my house and I'm like gagging because these fucking goats, and I'm like, how long does it take? And how long will this linger? I actually think that's what the Cranberry song was about, about these hippies that hire goats to mow their lawn. All right, I have one of those. I have one of those push mowers you know, yeah, the old timy kind. Yeah, that you just have to like push it.
Speaker 4: Really, you just push it.
Speaker 5: But if you have to push it fast otherwise it won't cut. And it works fine. And you know what doesn't smell like goat shit for a week. It's just you just mow the lawn fast. You have no choice.
Speaker 3: Well enough about the owners, Let's get to maybe one of the most anticipated Partners label titles this month. That is Red Rooms from twenty twenty three, coming from Utopia. This is one that was heavily hinted at and a lot of people were really looking forward to this synopsis on this one.
Speaker 5: What's that as gollums in this movie?
Speaker 3: This one says, Kelly Ann wakes up every morning by the courthouse to secure a seat at the high profile trial of Ludovic Chevalier, a serial killer.
Speaker 4: She is obsessed with.
Speaker 3: As days go by, the young woman bonds with another friendly groupie, which momentarily breaks her out of her loneliness. But as the proceedings drag on and she spends more and more time in the courtroom with the victims' families, Kelly Ann finds it increasingly difficult to maintain her psychological balance and assume her morbid fixation with the killer. She will then do whatever it takes to get her hands on the final piece of the puzzle, the missing video of a murdered thirteen year old girl to whom Kelly An bears a disturbing resemblance, says an audio commentary with the director. Some live shows in Quebec with Redroom's composer, and we got a trailer behind the s scenes booklet with an essay and again very eager to see this one.
Speaker 5: I gotta tell you, will you will you go back to the cover. It looks like it stars Gollum, Sweet Da and John Grease from the from the back of the slip cover, Like, if you just look at the back of the slip cover, you're gonna think, oh, this this looks It's not that. It's not the movie you think it is.
Speaker 3: Jim Tudor says, I like this new lawnmower talk format we got.
Speaker 5: Oh seriously, we could do it like a Letter Kenny style home improvement show.
Speaker 4: Oh Man, with all the accents everything.
Speaker 5: I know nothing about this movie, but based on what you've said, I'm excited to see it.
Speaker 3: Aaron, tune in for the physical release of Stay for the Goat Crapping Lawnmowing Stories, and there should be a podcast about goat mowing adventures.
Speaker 5: I didn't know that was a thing, but there was. Like I'm pointing for those of you who are listening to the podcast. I'm pointing out my window because I feel like you want to know what direction this house is. I go around the corner and it's stinks and there's a trailer with an illustrated goat and that's their that's their business. They take goats around and you pay and they hang out in your yard for several days. I didn't know that was a business.
Speaker 3: Silent Manible was asking about the cursory. Yes, that cursor is a part of the art there. It is zoomed in for you to see it.
Speaker 5: Intriguing.
Speaker 4: Uh, Terry says.
Speaker 3: Next week on the Farm Report, I say, we just changed the title to free Connected and we could talk about all kinds of.
Speaker 4: Things under that banner. Another big one too, let's row that.
Speaker 3: I'm ecstatic with Dark Dark Star Pictures releasing Reef for Madness, the movie musical from two thousand and five, getting a Blu Ray release. This is based on the propaganda film from thirty six, stars Kristin Bell, Nev Campbell, Allen Cumming.
Speaker 4: No extras on this.
Speaker 3: The DVD had a bunch of extras, but unfortunately they could not carry them over to this. But this is a pretty pretty big title for them to be able to license.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I have not seen this either. I was aware of it. There's a great documentary about American exploitation movies called Schlock The Secret History of American Film, and it begins with several scenes from the Reefer Madness stage play, and that made me really want to see this. Kristen Bell, Nev, Campbell, version.
Speaker 3: This did have a Blu Ray release before, but it was a BDR and it did not get many printed. So this is this is kind of like the real release of this now that we're getting like a full press release.
Speaker 4: So this is pretty cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Another one, very highly highly anticipated for many many people. This is the shutter title for this month. Solemn Salumm. Not sure how you say this one salum. This is from twenty twenty one and for many people this was like top film of the year for them in twenty one or twenty two, whichever year it premiered in the US.
Speaker 4: I think it was twenty two.
Speaker 3: This is a film that is let's see You're gonna have an audio commentary with the writer director in a booklet with new writing by Madeline Sutton, but the film itself sounds great.
Speaker 4: Says shot Down.
Speaker 3: After fleeing a coup and extracting a drug lord from Guinea Bissau, the legendary mercenaries known as the Bengi Hyenas Mustache, they're stolen gold bounty, lay low long enough to repair and refuel their plane and escape back to Dakar, Senegal. When they take refuge at a holiday camp in the coastal region of Signed Saloom. They do their best to blend in with their fellow guests, but one hyena is hiding a dark secret. He has brought them there for a reason, and once his past catches up to him, his decisions have devastating consequences, threatening to a leash hell on them all.
Speaker 5: So I watched this on shutter last week. Amazing after the announcement oof and that's a good oof, just in case you're listening on the podcast and not watching my face on the YouTube's. It was intense. I cannot say anything about it because the uh spoilers are not would not be good. It's devastating, it's it's intense. It definitely deserves to be seen if you need to preview it before getting the physical copy. So, but this one definitely has rewatchability. I'm very interested in the commentary. So this was one that that I previewed and was very excited to add to my wish list. Amazing, Yeah, quite good.
Speaker 4: Glad to hear you watched it.
Speaker 3: Next one was a big one, This one I believe that sold out very quickly. Again AGFA putting out Santa Claus conquers the Martians and other holiday hallucinations.
Speaker 5: Wait, does it sold out? Sold out?
Speaker 3: The I think the standard was sold out. I mean it'll be back if it is, let me see, yeah, fully out of stock, it'll be back obviously slipless. Yes, yeah, this sold out in literally just a couple hours. This one is one of those something weird compilations that they love to put out. It is going to be coming with Santa Claus Conquers the Martians road show version preserved from something weird, sixteen millimeters print, Santa Claus Conquers the Drive In, which is an hour long preserved from something Weird, s VHS masters, and then a whole bunch of Christmas shorts. This is gonna be a big release for people that love stuff like this for the next month.
Speaker 5: Oh man, I love Santa Claus Conquers the Martians. I saw it on VHS and then saw it on Mister Science Theater Fun, but I haven't seen these other shorts and I really really want to.
Speaker 4: Sorry you missed it.
Speaker 3: Then Film Movement putting out a Violent cop and Boiling Point. I believe these are had Film Movement releases. They're just doing one of their slip cover releases for the same film.
Speaker 5: I'm torn on this because I already have Boiling Point, but I could buy this for the same price as Violent Cop essentially, and so then just save room by getting by selling my copy of Boiling Point. I think that's what I'm gonna have to do.
Speaker 4: I mean it makes sense.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what what what can you say? Dan?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 5: Takashi Kitano? These are I mean, I love Boiling Point. I actually haven't seen Violin Cop yet, so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, beat to Keshi's great, this will be a great release. We got a booklet in this with essays by Tom vick asian film curator for the Freer and Sackler Galleries. I believe these both films had a Eureka release.
Speaker 4: Is that? Is that what you have? Or do you have an old film movement?
Speaker 5: Film movement?
Speaker 4: Got it? Got it all right?
Speaker 3: Let's yeah, exciting, especially if you've never seen them solid solid Uh that's it, brosiennas if we have not spent enough time on that what.
Speaker 5: Uh wait wait wait those were the first announcements.
Speaker 4: No, remember we covered the Criterion sale before that.
Speaker 5: That wasn't announcements though, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Uh, keep in mind for anybody wondering, uh, these if you like pre ordered the Black Friday stuff, These will come after the sale and you'll get one giant package with everything, And don't forget what's crazy this year? And I don't know how they're gonna do it. They haven't announced anything. The Black Friday Sale typically goes from Thursday going into Friday at midnight, all the way till the following Monday. What's wild this time though, is Thanksgiving is on the twenty eighth of November, which means the sale would end on December second, So on the first of December. Are they announcing a shit ton of partner labels during the sale?
Speaker 4: To add to this? They probably are.
Speaker 5: My mind has blown.
Speaker 3: Suner wanted to let you know that in one day this week there was thirty seven announcements.
Speaker 5: Christmas is fucked Like Christmas is.
Speaker 4: All right? That is OCN.
Speaker 5: Santa Claus conquers my wallet.
Speaker 3: Next new one is via Vision, the parents company of Imprint. They are putting out to the complete Alfred Hitchcock Presents, but it's the nineteen eighty five to nineteen eighty nine series. This is coming on DVD in Australia. And I know a lot of people are complaining about the DVD aspect. However, this has never been available on any home media home video format ever. No VHS, no laser disc, no DVD, no anything.
Speaker 5: This is an abomination.
Speaker 4: No, not into it.
Speaker 5: Would you like to read the description and watch your audience have a heart attack?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 5: Sure.
Speaker 3: The original Alfred Hitchcock Presents aired from nineteen fifty five to sixty five, which.
Speaker 5: By the way, I have the complete series.
Speaker 3: In nineteen eighty five, Television boldly presented a contemporized version in which a then new colorization process bring Alfred Hitchcock back to life. To introduce these updated thrillers, attracting a cast of vintage and upcoming Hollywood talent and filmmakers, Alfred Dishcock Presents was introduced to a new audience, airing four seasons.
Speaker 5: You fucking kidding me? Colorized version of the infro they've been ted turnerd. Yeah, abomination.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd still kind of want it. Go ahead, No, I can't afford it. This stuff is expensive. This is kind of cool.
Speaker 3: There's gonna be elevenue audio commentaries on these, including Steve Mitchell, Amanda Rees, Kevin Lyons, Jonathan Rigby, Daniel Budnick, Reba whistener. I don't know her, but this sounds like a fun package put together.
Speaker 4: At least.
Speaker 5: It's colorized.
Speaker 3: Only Hitchcock was colorized. It's not the whole episodes. They filmed all new episodes.
Speaker 5: It's not right, it's against nature itself.
Speaker 4: It's okay to have both. Even Jim liked it when he was a kid. It's okay. Will nobody heard of I'm stand silent.
Speaker 3: Next one. We just talked about it. Will's got it right next to him. Neon Eagle Video put up I want to get even from nineteen eighty three. This is their brand new release. You can pre order this now, already in stock shipping. This has a two K restoration. It's got optional English subs. Indonesian language audio with optional English subs of course. Audio commentary by Andrew leave Old reversible cover, full color booklet, new essays by Alexander Heller Nicholas. Let's see the slipcovers by justin Coffee and this sounds great? And then the alt is the alt title on the sleeve on the inside. No, okay, So will did you see what this is also known as?
Speaker 5: It literally arrived today. I haven't opened it yet.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't think it's in there. This is known as Lady X Terminator.
Speaker 5: Oh well, okay.
Speaker 4: I think a lot of people will like this. It is very.
Speaker 3: Like, very trashed through and through and one of the crazier titles that Jared's ever been associated with, even all Mondo titles and everything.
Speaker 4: Very non PC.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm looking forward to watching it. I would be watching it right now if it weren't Thursday.
Speaker 4: I'm glad it's Thursday, because I'm glad I could see your face.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 3: Next up Beezel, coming on November twenty sixth from Dread and Epic Pictures. This is another indie whrror that they.
Speaker 4: Put out quite often.
Speaker 3: And yeah, preorder this now, Amazon, Grindhouse Video, Diabolic, a bunch of places check it out. Yep, we got two coming from Second Run DVD over in the UK. First one is The Hop Pickers from nineteen sixty four. This is the first ever cult Czechoslovak film musical, so set during the annual hop Harvest, a new generation confront the authority and expectations of their elders. This youthful rebellion explodes in colorful production numbers, irrepressibly catchy songs, and audacious satire channeling the energy of the swinging sixties with a distinctly checked twist on the big screen musical.
Speaker 5: This has one of my favorite songs of all time. You better check check check it yourself before you record it yourself. Wow.
Speaker 3: This one is presented from a brand new four K restoration from the Czech National Film Archive. There is a rare archival silent film from all the way back in nineteen thirty two about the Czech hop picking industry. There is a silent promotional film from nineteen fifty two. There is a contemporary information film directed by Joseph Suran from nineteen sixty four. A booklet in this one as well, and as usual, I want to remind everybody second on DVD pretty much all of their Blu rays are always region free, and this is one of them.
Speaker 5: It may be a great grandpa joke sending journeys, but it's a great grandpa joke who knew ice cube? So if we're at that point, it was. It was terrible, though. I hope no one laughed.
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 3: The next second run one is Fugitive Images, selected works by Andre Luca Zimmerman. This is coming on December twenty fifth, So Mary Christmas, that says the first director to be shortlisted for both the Grierson and Jarman Awards. The work of filmmaker, artists and cultural activists. Andrea Luke Zimmerman presents tender portraits of community and solidarity, exhibiting sentiments almost entirely missing from our contemporary political vocabulary timely. This is a two disc Blu Ray special edition including We've got a bunch of features on here, including Taskafa, Stories of the Street, a State, a Reverie, a race and Forget and here for life and if that is somehow not enough for you, we have one, two, three, four, eight, nine, ten, something like fourteen short films on here. This is a solid looking release.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because I already made the check joke, I'm gonna rese that my name is Luka.
Speaker 4: Joke, got it, got it? Will I will too?
Speaker 3: The next up one that has gotten more attention than I think most of my announcements this week. This must be a huge title in the UK. November twenty fifth, the Box of Delights is getting a Blu Ray release from the BBC over.
Speaker 4: In the UK.
Speaker 3: This is what seemingly many like thousands of people watch every year leading up to Christmas, because the number of comments I got for this is crazy, saying that they watched this every single year and they're stoked to get at in HD. This is supposed to be like a young entry into horror. It's supposed to be terrifying, done as a mini series and it's fully remastered, including brand new special features like the making of the Box of Delights and trails and continuity. We got some interviews and this looks really great. You can pre order this from Orbit now and probably a couple others.
Speaker 5: I've always appreciated the acting work of k Harker. Did you ever see that taboo movie? Never Mind Parker, My bad different Box of Delights.
Speaker 3: Sam Over in the UK says this is a big one for UK people. Hope people check it out. Yes, Craig says, horror mini series looks like a lifetime Christmas movie. It's supposed to be like a fantastical horror for young kids, not children like adolescents. Diabolic also has it. Thanks Reggie.
Speaker 5: Well. I mean it shows you when you watch this movie, you understand truly that groove is in the heart, you know, yep, And that I think is the most important lesson.
Speaker 3: That's everything that we can learn this week. You're right, Yeah, let's go to the next one. Warner Archive posted all of their announcements and will is most excited for one of them.
Speaker 4: But that's the last one.
Speaker 3: Black Eye from nineteen seventy four is coming on Blu Ray on December seventeenth. All of these on December seventeenth. This is going to have no bonus features, but it does star the one and only Fred Williamson The Hammer, the Hammer, and it's got the trailer on this disc as well.
Speaker 5: That's all you need, baby.
Speaker 3: Next one is The Tall Target from nineteen fifty one. This one will have some extras. We get a March six, nineteen forty nine radio version of Mister President starring Edward Arnold. We got classic MGM cartoons, Jerry's Cousin and Slicked Up Pop, and the trailer.
Speaker 5: Love Dig Powell controversial at times as an opinion, but I stick by him as a performer as a director.
Speaker 4: Next one, this is Nora Apprentice from nineteen forty seven.
Speaker 3: This is a big one. I know a lot of people were waiting on. I believe previously this was only shown on TCM and has not been available readily for quite some time. We got a classic Warner Brothers cartoon, The Big Snooze, and another short, So you Think You're a nervous wreck, this one starring An Sheridan.
Speaker 5: Yes, very cool.
Speaker 3: Craig wants to note, does Warner Archives still do the four for forty four sale? So they don't kind of movies ing m ov i e Z y n G is the new home of Warner Archive, but their sale is not near as good as the four for forty four sale. The biggest thing I really hate saying, go support Amazon, but if you are wanting like very specific Warner Archive titles, put them in your wish list. They go on sale all the time for less than eleven dollars.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they drop.
Speaker 3: You can get stuff for like nine to fifty in free shipping, and it's a title that's normally like twenty bucks. That's the best way to do it.
Speaker 5: I always have about ten Warner Archive titles in my like saved for later cart and I just check them every day until they drop below fifteen bucks, and I grab them and then realize if I'd waited one more week, they would have dropped till like eleven yep.
Speaker 3: Let's continue on with Warner Archive. The Spanish main from nineteen forty five is our next one, with Paul Henry and Marin O'Hara. This one's gonna have classic technical or short subject movie land Magic, some classic cartoons, Buccaneer Bunny and Captain hair Blower. Love that these are getting HG releases on some of these discs so great.
Speaker 5: And anytime you can get a Frank Borsegi film, grab it. They're always beautifully done, well crafted. Borsegi is a true filmmaker.
Speaker 3: Ragnar speaking of Amazon teen hundred items in my saber later.
Speaker 5: Right for sure? Well, Craig's point, I think you know, at least for the next four years to infinity. Yes, this is how it's gonna be. Fucking God, damn.
Speaker 3: It, fucking Amazon, all right, that was spanned. Next one is Mister Lucky starring Carry Grant. This is from nineteen forty three. This one has the Lux Radio Theater broadcast with Carry Grant and Lorraine Day from nineteen forty three, as well screen Director's Playhouse broadcast with Carry Grant and each C. Potter from nineteen fifty and the trailer.
Speaker 5: Oh this is a fun one I saw this many many years ago. I'm excited to see it again.
Speaker 3: And then Night full of Rain? Yes, how did I know that you were gonna.
Speaker 5: What a great what I mean one of archives? Like, I'm alway every every release slate I'm excited about. But this month, holy shit, Well you know we're muling this Night full of Rain. Yes, yes, it is in my cart. I'm waiting for it to go down price. That said, I paid full price for Ninja T Terminator, so my value system is very arbitrary.
Speaker 3: I also want to point out I had somebody talk about how slowly Warner Brothers, not Warner Brothers, how slowly Warner Archive is putting out titles. I just announced like six titles in one month from Warner Archive. Please remember, like two years ago it was like three titles every couple months from war Archive. They have stepped up greatly and been doing a lot of really great work while.
Speaker 4: Keeping the quality high.
Speaker 3: Their restoration work is always excellent. Love the way their films look. And we are not done with Warner Archive. But we can't talk about the last one yet. That's after screen Factor announcements. They waited till late in the day. That one's a special one. You get that.
Speaker 5: Later, that's fine. I don't mind the wait, and I think it's appropriate to take a long time to get there.
Speaker 3: Next up then coming soon on Blu ray from Keno. Houseboat from nineteen fifty eight with Carrie Grants and Sophia Laurn. I've never seen this one.
Speaker 4: Have you seen this one?
Speaker 5: Yes, it's hilarious.
Speaker 4: All right, sounds good.
Speaker 3: This will be from a six K scan of the thirty five millimeters VistaVision ocen Oo sixty.
Speaker 5: I mean put put two, go back. We're not ready. Put two of the sexiest people that ever lived on a boat with a bunch of kids, right like the tension, the pratfalls, the slapstick, the screwball, the double ententandres. It's great house put. It's a lot of fun, all right, Honda Reindeo games.
Speaker 4: Uh okay.
Speaker 3: What's funny is they announced this is coming soon on four K and Blu ray from Keno. But we know this is coming in January, so we'll be talking about this soon. This soon it is, but Keno doesn't normally do that.
Speaker 4: Normally. Coming soon means in like two and a half years. We'll talk about this more.
Speaker 3: The four K Blu Ray releases of this will also include the director's cut on Blu Ray only, not on four K. The theatrical cut gets a four K scan of the theatrical.
Speaker 4: Never mind, I said that wrong.
Speaker 3: Four K scan of the ocean is the theatrical cut on the four K disc.
Speaker 5: This was good, you know, Frankenheimer got to go out well. I mean there were both flops Island of Doctor Moreau and Reindeer Games, but in retrospect they were both really cool movies. Obviously, Island Doctor Moreau was compromised in many ways, but it turned out fascinating. Reindeer Games and Ronan Ha so fun. And yeah, I'm really excited to see this in four K. I don't think I've seen the director's cut.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I've never seen the director's good for sure.
Speaker 5: For me, I enjoyed this quite a bit. It was ridicule when it came out. It was like the reviews were like the room level, you know what I mean, from from the mainstream press. They were like, this is the worst movie you ever made? And then I watched it and I was like, what are you kidding me? This is decidedly not the worst movie ever made, So Yeah, very very cool release.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm glad this is coming out. It's exciting. I'm glad they're getting stuff like this.
Speaker 5: It's backlash half yeah, Fletcher backlash afflick. Yeah, Gary Sonise gets a pass. There's no Gary Sonise backlash.
Speaker 4: He is such a good person. What Gary isn't he?
Speaker 5: Nah, dude, it's a fucking whatever.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, I don't know anything else. Okay, well alone, he ain't Captain Dan.
Speaker 5: Dude.
Speaker 3: Anyways, forget I said it. Let's talk about an evil clown instead. On Earth Films releasing one hundred Tears from two thousand and seven on Blu Ray. This is coming on March eleventh. We've got the director's gout of the movie. Audio commentary with the director, Marcus Cook. Audio commentary with Marcus and Stephen Biro from Onearthed Films. Interview with the director making of behind the scenes all that fun stuff.
Speaker 5: Gary Snise is a trumper. The insane clown Posse on the other hand, or at least Violin Jay or Harris supporters. So all right, you trust you trust a guy who'd shoot a NeuroD divergent dude in the head, Or do you trust Violin Jy I'm referencing Gary Mice and man, yeah, just making sure in case people that know, so.
Speaker 4: We got a B book reader in here.
Speaker 5: Now, I'm not saying garyn definitely did that. Yes, soon Journeys points out, you can be a good person and be and disagree with me politically. I'll say that.
Speaker 4: Good way to say that.
Speaker 5: However, yes, everyone, every most people are complicated. But I like to simplify things.
Speaker 4: How do you do that?
Speaker 5: Well, I'll tell you what I've I've shed more than one hundred tiers this week.
Speaker 4: Indeed, all right, let's go to the next one.
Speaker 5: Why not.
Speaker 4: Imprint has launched a Black Friday sale.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, sale is so unfair.
Speaker 3: It was so frustrating. Sale ends on November eleventh. But I gotta say quite a few things. So the site did not work for the first like eleven hours after they launched the sale.
Speaker 5: Can understand why? Holy shit?
Speaker 3: And uh, there are some titles that are limited edition titles and they are like, what do you remember the exact price of the cheapest seven dollars six seventy eight sets?
Speaker 5: That is insanity, and then box sets between thirty and sixty.
Speaker 3: I really wanted the Sydney j Fiury Box set that I would was never able to pick.
Speaker 5: Up, and I wanted to get it.
Speaker 3: I I I put it in my cart and tried to check out for like six hours. By the time I got there, it uh, it was sold out fully well.
Speaker 5: The kim Novak sets sets still there.
Speaker 4: One Imprint title was two bucks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there were some Jesus, I'm still I still have some. I can't do it, but I really wanted the John Pharaoh and George prepared sets, the kim Novak set yeah, and a couple of individual titles. I don't think I can do it without betraying my parental and marital responsibilities. But I want to blame the dog man. The dog ruin my month.
Speaker 4: You didn't it get out twice?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yeah, yeah. The dog is the second worst thing that's happened to me in the last fifteen days. What was that about never Ending Story?
Speaker 4: Chris said.
Speaker 3: Imprint robbed us watch Never Ending Story for KB fifty dollars the next sale.
Speaker 5: I have to say, as excited as I am about it, I have I could not in good conscience pull the trigger on the one hundred and seventy five dollars edition. I just dude, I don't need the fake book. I just want a four kid.
Speaker 3: The film and I they're not synaps, so I don't know that this is not trustworthy or whatever. But they came out and said, we don't plan on doing a standard edition, which is crazy. You're the first person in the world to do a four K of one of the most beloved eighties films of all time.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Probably, And watch Keino will do the deluxe book. It'll only weigh a pound and a half. It won't be five pounds like Imprint, but it will also only be thirty seven ninety nine when it launches, and it'll have no new features and Keyno's won't have Dolby Vision, and Imprints will.
Speaker 5: Oh Doby Vision. I don't know what that means, really like I hear it a lot, I don't really know what it means. You know me, Okay, just go the next thing.
Speaker 4: You got a boss. The next thing is uh.
Speaker 3: We are printing the newest edition of the Physical Media Advocate just a week from now. If you would like to have a question answered in it, please go ahead and either comment on this video or wherever you're listening to this or watching this, and I will try to get it in there. We've got quite a few questions for this issue already. If you can't comments, like if you're watching a live stream and make sure that doesn't get stuck in there, send me an email Discconnectedmedia at gmail dot com. We've got a lot of stuff. If you want to ask about rights for a film, if you want to talk about behind the scenes stuff or the magazine or give opinions on something, just let me know and we will print it for you.
Speaker 5: I got a question for the editor.
Speaker 4: What happened?
Speaker 5: Hey? Speaking of Garrison These and John Frankenheimer, did you ever see the made for television film Frankenheimer did starring garys niece George Wallace.
Speaker 4: Sounds super familiar.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, in these perilous times, it's worth a watch. It's a good film and it's one that I think truthfully dramatizes the political calculus that Wallace made during desegregation. You know, because he chose to tack towards the pro segregation position, could have just as easily gone the other way, because like most politicians, he had no real beliefs. Ye know, worth a watch. It's only available on DVD at this point for now four K George Wallace's that might come out.
Speaker 3: Now, let's get into some screen factory. First title announced is Vampires, the John Carpenter film from ninety eight. This is getting a four K release with one of their two slipcover two poster releases if you want that bundle. As far as extras, we already have all of them announced and they have a brand new nothing.
Speaker 4: There's no new extras.
Speaker 3: If you've got the Blu ray, you've got all the extras for this one. However, this one will probably look pretty great in four.
Speaker 5: Kare Oh man, I remember going to see this. I wanted to see this in the theater with my former college professor Mentor became a friend after I graduated. We went to see Vampires in the theater and just had a blast. And that was the only John Carpenter movie I saw in theater when it first came out, and a lot of fun. I like Vampires.
Speaker 3: I think it's pretty good for a late Araic Carpenter. It's not terrible.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it ain't the ward I'll tell you that.
Speaker 3: Next one January twenty first four K release of the Last Voyage of the Demeter. This one everybody seemed to know that this was coming when this only came out on Blu Ray, because I think this got a four K in Germany. This is just kind of screen factory. And also is this universal?
Speaker 4: I think it's universal that did this. This is just kind of them.
Speaker 3: The only thing that's different though, they got like they actually went out and got new features for this even though it just came out, including two brand new audio commentaries, one with Megan Navarro and then one with David Disimalchen like that's out of nowhere. We got a new interview with folklorist and author doctor Kiaren Stoles. Now all of the extras that were on the Blu Ray release. If you liked this film or we're curious about it, now you've got two different slipcovers, two posters. This looks like a pretty pretty good release. If this is your first buy, do you need to upgrade if you had the Blu Ray?
Speaker 5: Probably not, Okay, So I gotta say that the second slipcover, the one on the right hand side, reminds me of the VHS cover art for Bram Soaker's Shadow Shadow Builder, Shadow KILLT.
Speaker 4: I don't know oh MVD released that.
Speaker 5: But what was it called shadow something.
Speaker 4: I think it's shadow Builder.
Speaker 5: Yeah, shadow Builder, But uh I wanted to see the Last foodget Demeanor and I didn't. Was it good? Did you see it?
Speaker 3: I did not see it, but everybody that's seen it has said that it's mostly good. Like it's it's not great, but it's pretty good. I'm glad this is getting released.
Speaker 5: It mostly comes at night mostly.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nos Feratu coming out soon, hence Demeter. Yeah, I could see that.
Speaker 5: Hmm.
Speaker 3: Sibner says this points to a series. Who knows if that will ever happen. This did not do well on the theaters, right, I doubt that it will.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I mean series is the last voyage? How can I do a series? You can do the next voyage. It's not like the Next Adventures of Hercules.
Speaker 4: Or The Final Nightmare.
Speaker 5: Kevin Sorbo, I, you know, like col Man, what's wrong with you? I liked you so much. You're such a charismatic dude. I like to crawl. I loved you in Hercules. What's your problem? Live your life, man? That's my message to Kevin Sorbo.
Speaker 3: Never mind, I was gonna say something else to you about something unrelated. We'll talk about that after next one.
Speaker 5: Let Zena live, you know what I mean? Yeah, let Zena have healthcare. Fuck all right?
Speaker 3: Speaking of James Cameron, sank Jesus Christ coming on four K. This is from twenty eleven. James Cameron produced it, he did not direct it. This was supposedly a decent looking three D Blu ray and this is not getting three D anything.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: We got a new audio commentary by Emily Higgins and Billy Dunham and that's all that's new on this one. I have never seen this, and Will is gone. Adam Schofield did not enjoy demet Ronnie says, let see Mary Gabrielle. I've never seen sanctum anybody like it. I know nothing about it. I will go to the next one, though, because this is a big one. Shaw Brothers Classics Volume five coming on January fourteenth on Blu Ray. Lots and lots of films in this as usual. Oh, Simonars says Will. I think the problem with Kevin Sorbo is that he's a xenophobe.
Speaker 5: Oh, I get it. That's funny. It actually took me in a second.
Speaker 3: This Shaw Brothers box that has the silent Swordsman. This has Rape of the Sword, the Fastest Sword, twin Blades of Doom, twelve Deadly Coins, Vengeance is a Golden Blade, a Taste of Cold Steel, the Iron Buddha, the Jade Faced Assassin, Mission Impossible, six assassins, and a whole.
Speaker 4: Bunch of bonus features.
Speaker 3: But they really highlight audio commentaries in this these I think all of them, if I remember right as I scrolled through, these all got brand new audio commentaries. We do have a couple featurettes or like visual essay type things, but some of these even got two new audio commentaries. Lots of these coming. I mean, they've got a ton of shop other stuff. If they are able to keep kicking these out, I mean, it's crazy what we've been able to get. Not to mention the Golden Harvest titles. Eleven full films in this box set. This is crazy. This is a big box set.
Speaker 5: So this is the fifth one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is the fifth one. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So if I only had like seven hundred dollars, I could get them all.
Speaker 3: Shaans here Sean says some of these have only ever been on VCD.
Speaker 5: Wow, these are the most frustrating sets for me. Along with Arrows Shatsko Volume three, like I pine for them.
Speaker 3: Yes, Chris is saying, are these the same ones and Arrow sets? No, No, they can't be. Literally Arrows releasing these in the US alongside these, so yeah, they can't license the exact same title.
Speaker 4: These are all brand new.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And if you just buy the Shout Factory once, that's fifty five films, and then the the Arrow three Sasco those are eight each, right, Yeah, so there's another twenty four.
Speaker 4: Plus the Golden Harvest box sets they just did Jesus, Yeah, plus the Tie Lung David Chang collection, Archer collection.
Speaker 5: Yeah, different Archer, not that Archer, Brave Archer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's so much coming out of them.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The Aerostes are fourteen films.
Speaker 5: Phrasing, but otherwise yeah.
Speaker 4: Yes, it is phrasing.
Speaker 3: I could have swore the the Shasco Bland eight films in each.
Speaker 5: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: It's a lot either way, but eighteen films is a big difference. Eighteen sixty six three.
Speaker 5: WHOA did you discover something? Just now?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 5: Is this ordained? Is this a plot? Is this? Is this connected the election? Is this a dead zone situation? Is this the omen? Is this the Is this the final omen too?
Speaker 4: I love I love the Omen?
Speaker 5: Is this the final omen too? Wait? Is this? I know what you did last omen?
Speaker 3: And you're saying Shaw to at least volume one thirteen? Maybe I don't understand that sentence structure. Are are we talking about Shoscope or the shout Factory box sets? The shout Factory ones all have eleven. I believe the Shoscope had eight of each of the arrow but I'm not sure either way.
Speaker 4: These are all expensive box sets too.
Speaker 5: But the number thirteen is tattooed on my.
Speaker 4: Neck upside down.
Speaker 5: Oh, Glenn danzig.
Speaker 4: Brendan said, Shoscope two has fourteen. That's a lot.
Speaker 5: Geez, listen, you guys are getting into the math. I don't understand what you're saying. All I know is these Shaw Brothers box sets have a lot of movies in them, and they're expensive and I'll want them all all.
Speaker 4: Right, Stop the steal, Let's go to the next title.
Speaker 5: A problem.
Speaker 4: You can pre order the second title from Celluloid Dreams, which is a short Night of the Glass Dolls, on four k now, and it's expected to ship around April twenty ninth. This is.
Speaker 3: The official second title releasing I know a lot of people are looking for Black Belly of the Tarantula. They did announce that the respiration was not up to their quality standards, so they are working on that and that should be the third title coming from Celluloid Dreams. The big thing is this is getting a crazy loaded release, kind of like their first release. This is going to be even bigger though, as it will have four different discs. This has a brand new commentary by the owner of Celluloid Dreams, Guido. This will have multiple trailers in four K resolution, which is just crazy. The Blu ray will have the brand new transfer as well with the commentary by the writer director and that new commentary and all those trailers, and then they get into the bonus features Disc three as archival interviews.
Speaker 4: It's got new interviews.
Speaker 3: It's got image gallery, long lost Malistrana credits, and then the last disc is going to have a grindhouse version from the thirty five millimeters archival lab lab print, the US VHS pan and scan version in case.
Speaker 4: You want that.
Speaker 5: All right, what the what.
Speaker 4: They're putting every single version of this on here?
Speaker 5: A pan and scan is now an extra It sure is. I'm gonna get this no matter what, because Short Nighted Lasts is a great movie, and I've got the Twilight Time Blu ray, which you know, glad to have it, but this is obviously a significant upgrade. I will never watch the Pan and Scan.
Speaker 4: You won't?
Speaker 5: Are you kidding me? Why are people nostalgic for that? Like I get being nostalgic for vhs physically, but the first time I saw Suspiria was Pan and Scam. The first time I saw Once Once upon a Time in the West, good, the Bend and the Ugly, both Pan and Scam. Why would you want that again except to remind yourself of how beautiful the real film is. I just I get, like I just you know, different supplemental features have different value to me, and it pisses me off that some supplemental features slip covers, pan and Scan versions are more valuable than other supplementals that require lots of work and research and production. And I don't understand why. I mean, the market is the market. But you know, we've talked to so many people in this community who are kind of like, oh, I never watch extras. I would rather, you know, And like, I'm not mad at those people, but I'm also like, but but do you know how hard like people work to make them, you know, and and that that there are also films, and that they're part of the pan and scan You want to isn't as an extra you want to watch what some fucking producer's assistant did. It's like, Oh, we're preparing this for VHS. Make it so that the lead actor's face is in the frame barely barely, because we're selling inferior. Pan and scan is the fentanyl of film. It makes you think you're watching a film, but really you're just killing yourself.
Speaker 3: There are I mean, there's so many titles you can name, but there are so many titles in pan and scan versions that they would reference something that you clearly were supposed to be able to be seeing. Yeah, that was not visible.
Speaker 5: I love it. I love it when it's like a Sergio Leone movie or any spaghetti western, when the pant and scan like because the composition is so widescreamed, the pant and skin just like stops the picture and then like moves to the side, like, oh my god.
Speaker 4: Ah yeah, so this release.
Speaker 3: Let's go through a couple of other things I forgot and completely glossed over.
Speaker 5: Sorry to be to be clear, this is gonna be an awesome release and everybody should get it.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: This is going to include a featurette by the one only Howard s Berger called the Kafka Connection on this, and then the big thing is the the physical extras for this. This has a sixty four page booklet with a commemorative essay on Aldo Laudo by Andy Marshall Roberts, and a whole bunch of pictures will be in that booklet as well.
Speaker 4: And then all orders go ahead.
Speaker 5: And a second thirty page booklet with every other page removed. Sorry.
Speaker 3: All orders placed through the website will come with an original film strip of ten frames newly printed specifically for this purpose from the original camera negative of the trailer, and an exclusive set of beautifully restored twelve inch by eight and a quarter inch color reproductions of the original Italian Photobus lobby cards. And supposedly this one will not have a slipcover, much to the chagrin of collectors everywhere.
Speaker 5: No slipcover, but you get a pan scam version.
Speaker 3: Yep okay, Ragnar says, Vincent leaves off a lot of English dubs. Why for those that don't know, This question has come up a lot over the last couple months, and I wanted to actually bring this up, and I forgot. I think I wasn bringing up last week. Dubs literally have to be licensed. That is something that somebody paid to have done, and in many situations dubs are not available. One big example of this is a film that Will and I just worked on, Felladay from Deaf Crocodile, had an English dub that was done back in the nineties and it was not available to license. So it will not be on the Deaf Crocodile release, not based on their choice. If they had access to it, it would be there. They would throw everything on there if it was theirs and they had the material. However, in many situations, you can't track down who has the rights because it's not like there's a record of who has the rights to dubs.
Speaker 5: On any of these are We loved to talk about that.
Speaker 3: Yes, that was he was live tweeting it when he was listening to it.
Speaker 5: Oh oh yeah. Like when we were researching and writing the commentary, I assumed that the English version was not available, but I wasn't for sure, And so that's why We don't talk about it in the commentary because it's not part of the package.
Speaker 3: Back to short Night of Glass Dolls. Yes, I did leave Will hanging slightly. We don't get a slipcover. It is a sideloading slipcase. Oh it's even nicer. But it's a four disc release and that's.
Speaker 5: Why I freaking love this movie. It is another Bleak one, you know, Yeah, I like him Bleak.
Speaker 4: The hard part and not.
Speaker 3: This is not to shit on celluloid dreams putting this out in any way. This had a great release from Twilight Time, and unlike a lot of other Twilight Time discs, this one is still fairly readily available. Like I think you can get the Blu ray from Twilight Time for like twenty five bucks on Amazon right now, and.
Speaker 4: It looked really good, so I get it.
Speaker 3: Like this will obviously be the definitive version. I mean, it has Panton skin, but.
Speaker 5: Look, it's a beautiful movie. I really want to see the four K.
Speaker 4: And it'll be great.
Speaker 3: Their first four K is literally like one of the best looking four k's ever, genuine.
Speaker 5: I'm excited about Black Billy the Transla, but this is short, short, and eye glass Elves is a better movie. This is exciting.
Speaker 4: I'm more looking forward to Black Belly as well.
Speaker 5: Garry whatever, we'll all be happy eventually someday.
Speaker 4: Hey, let's talk about this.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, December seventeenth. Just like all the other titles from Warner Archive, we are getting the first Warner Archive four K title, and that is nineteen fifty Six's The Searchers.
Speaker 5: Oh my joh.
Speaker 3: We got an archival commentary on here by Bogdanovic, and that'll be on BOLTI four K and the Blu Ray. The Blu Ray disc will have all of these archival extras that they've had previously, and it will be on either a four K disc or a standalone remastered Blu Ray that you can get on its own. The four K disc will come with the remastered Blu Ray as well, so the Searchers will keep your love on it.
Speaker 5: I've been waiting for this for a long time, which is appropriate. And it's funny because just a few months ago I read the original novel for the first time with my dad, Who's what's this year. He's seventy four now, and we can't talk without fighting, and so we started reading books together, taking turns picking up books. This is the only way we can talk about fighting. And so for one of my recent selections, I was like, you know what, I want to read The Searchers. I never read it before, and god damn, it's a grim and unrelentingly excellent book. And I was surprised at how faithful the film is to it, and as much as it can be given the restrictions of its time. If you've never seen The Searchers, it's one of the greatest films ever made, and the first time you see it you might not think so, but it rewards multiple viewings. It perhaps now more than ever, teaches you so much about who we are. It has the limitations of its day. You know, Jeffrey Hunter is a white guy playing a half Indigenous, half half white character with with bronze. There are actual Indigenous actors, but the main Indigenous character Scars played by a white man and in red bronze. But John Wayne's performance is so I mean, he's John Wayne, so you recognize them the way you recognize him in any movie. But this film he does so much nuanced work in his John Wayne character, I mean, his his characters rage and racism and resentment, and unrequieted love are so painfully palpable. I just I took my wife to see The Searchers in the theater several years ago, and at the end of it, I started crying, which I don't do a lot of, not like a big crier. It was involuntary, and she was so embarrassed that she just got up and left, and I sat there just weeping, saying, like he had to go, he had to go. This movie is so beautifully shot. I cannot wait to see what the four K restoration looks like. I love The Searchers. Martin Scorsese agrees with me. You're not going to argue with the Wolf of Wall Street guy, are you. The Searchers is the best. Man is the best. I could put it on any day and and and be moved by it. I'm just talking about it. I'm doing like an advertisement for The Searchers, and I'm getting emotional because this movie and look, and yeah, you know, I've been waiting for it for a long time and I can't believe it was announced this week with so much horrible shit happening, and it's a movie about enduring horrible shit for a long time. Yeah, if you don't have the Searchers in your collection. You don't have a collection. So that's where I met. No jokes, no jokes. Oh oh, you're just gonna that's it.
Speaker 4: I have nothing to say about the Searchers.
Speaker 5: They're like, Okay, greatest movie ever made. Oh, let's talk about the MCU.
Speaker 4: Greatest movie ever made.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's all about the MCU. The Marvels is why Kamla.
Speaker 3: Lost icons Under at Marvel is coming out on January fourteenth from Mill Creek Entertainment. Okay, this leve over five hours of full unseen interviews with Lou Frigno, Mark Malar Clark, Greg jj Field, and J.
Speaker 4: Michael Strazinski.
Speaker 5: What what is this?
Speaker 3: It's a documentary that's supposedly like really, well, mate, they did an official No, it's an official documentary. They're talking about unofficial and unauthorized Marvel. This isn't about the MCU.
Speaker 5: Oh do they talk about the Fantesse four the Corman version?
Speaker 4: Guaranteed they do.
Speaker 5: Okay, cool, I'm into it.
Speaker 4: All right, going to the next one.
Speaker 5: That's it. Are we not gonna talk about the Searchers? Are you gonna admit?
Speaker 3: Are we I'm not going to tell we just did you wax poetically for like six you said nothing. I have no feelings because I can't stand John Wayne as an actor, and I have never enjoyed even thirty seconds of his screen prisonce.
Speaker 5: Ever, this hurts me. It continues to hurt me.
Speaker 3: I I'm sorry, Like that's that's John Wayne.
Speaker 5: Yeah, never apologize, son, It's a sign of weakness, John Wayne.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: Should worry Yellow Riven continue.
Speaker 3: House MD the complete series. Uh, this is coming to Blu Ray finally.
Speaker 5: Uh speaking of men who never apologized, I've only seen a few episodes of this, but about wrong, Like every episode he starts out with like, you have a tumor, and then at the end of the episode he was like, I was wrong, you actually have coorectal cancer. Uh. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't think I've ever seen a full episode.
Speaker 5: And I can't. I can only think of I can only think of I can only think of him Hugh Laurie as being in black Adder, So the idea of him like making a medical diagnosis upsets me. And then he's also in that uh P g Wodehouse adaptation Jeeves and Worcester. Right, is that it something? Why don't you have an encyclopedic knowledge of British television?
Speaker 3: I can say, wasn't he in one hundred one Dalmatians The fun with blood clothes?
Speaker 5: Isn't there a British guy watching?
Speaker 4: Isn't there a British guy watching?
Speaker 5: Am I right about Jeeves and Worcester?
Speaker 4: I think so? Jeeves? Stephen Fry cheerio, Paul.
Speaker 5: Thank you, yeah, oh man, oh man. I got in trouble last year with a British guy. So I got a cousin lives in London and she's dating this British dude. Chap as I say, and oh Paul, the British dude though.
Speaker 3: Bill blogger Sam, I don't think he's watching anymore. He's probably asleep.
Speaker 5: Now. Well, I'm just gonna go ahead and tell my British story. Sorry, Paul, uh, Top of the morning to you.
Speaker 4: He's still under the morn.
Speaker 5: Put a put a, put another shrimp on the barbie or but anyway, so she's dating this British guy and we were having a little Thanksgiving thing where like all these cousins get on zoom and like say happy Thanksgiving or whatever. It was a nightmare, of course, because nobody actually like wanted to hear how anybody's doing. They just wanted to talk, right, So anyway, she was excited because she was showing off her new British boyfriend and she was like, yeah, Nigel or whatever the fuck his name was, doesn't really get Thanksgiving. And of course you know me, I I'm impulsive, and you know, I just respond. I was like, oh, the British dude doesn't get like colonial genocide, and like they got mad, and I was like, why are you mad? That's like your whole country's history. That's why like I'm where I am. You know you don't get Thanksgiving. You invented it. You know.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 3: I didn't make the joke I was about to because I almost interrupted and said, before you finished this, are you gonna say that you did the Paul Rudd forgetting Sarah Marshall.
Speaker 4: You sound like you're from Lood? Did Oh?
Speaker 5: I didn't know. I don't remember that movie. You know what, we're not allowed to watch that anymore because of Russell Brand.
Speaker 3: Right, it's still great, you just can't watch the semi sequel. Well, you know, I didn't know it was even worse because he did. He's in its sequel, yeah, called Get Him to the Greek with Jonah Hill.
Speaker 5: That's a sequel to Forgetting Sarah Marshall.
Speaker 3: It's Russell Brand plays the same character that he did in the first movie.
Speaker 5: I gotta tell you, I watched Forgetting Sarah Marshall when it first came out, and two things about it. One, I didn't understand what Russell Brand was doing in that movie. His character was not funny and also didn't really add to the story. But the second thing about Forgetting Sarah Marshall, and this is my favorite thing about Forgetting Sarah Marshall, is that Jason Siegel was on Fresh Air with Terry Gross and they and they they spent like five minutes talking about his dick scene, like this is the funniest thing n PR has ever done.
Speaker 4: I love that he took his mom to the premiere and didn't tell her that it's full of frontal in it.
Speaker 5: Oh man, let's talk about House for a second. So I've only seen a couple episodes, but it I'm not sure I understand it because every episode I saw he confidently makes a diagnosis that is then wrong. But he's like a genius.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Film nut seventy nine. Explain to me who what? What is that person's name? Do we know that person?
Speaker 4: That's Tony Tony from Imprint Films, the podcast.
Speaker 5: Oh Tony love your podcast? Can you explain how to me? I'll wait.
Speaker 4: Stan loves it too.
Speaker 5: He's a good actor. You know, British people doing American accents is always like, are I'm talking very hard?
Speaker 3: Paul says his team makes the wrong diagnosis and then House discovers the real one.
Speaker 5: I like the insulting thing. I saw one recently where like someone had an itchy vagina and he was like, Oh, it's cervical cancer or something.
Speaker 4: I was like, Oh, this.
Speaker 5: Show started out funny and got really serious. Well, all right, I'm not going to purchase the box set, but I'll watch. I'll watch some more. Oh it's because he's been lied to. He speaking of itchi vaginas. Let's talk about fade In.
Speaker 3: Fade In with Burt Reynolds and Barbara Loden coming on Blu Ray on January fourteenth from Keno. This has a new audio commentary by Daniel Kramer, a new audio commentary by Brian Reesman and Max every as well. This is one that heard a lot about over the years, I've never been able to see Ben here to check this one out.
Speaker 4: Actually, have you seen Faden?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: But based on the cover art, I cannot wait.
Speaker 3: So this one this is silver Screen dot coms Burt Reynolds and Barbara Lodenshein and this offbeat romantic western about opposites to attract while living through the hurly burly schedule of a film shoot. Arriving in Moab, Utah to work as an editor on a Hollywood movie, a young city woman surprises herself and everyone else when she finds herself falling for a handsome and charismatic ranch hand who's working as a driver during the production. Initially drawn together by the anything goes sense of location shooting, the pair quickly discovered that despite their differences, they are forging a serious connection. But are they going to make it past the final reel? Beautifully shot by a cinematographer William Fraker, this unique genre blurring film documents the real life making of the cult western Blue from nineteen sixty eight, starring Terrence Stamp, Johanna Pettitt, Ricardo Manzaban, and Sally Kirkland. Faden was directed by Judd Taylor but became the first film credited to Alan Smithy, the pseudonym initially created for Death of a Gunfighter, officially premiering as the CBS Late Movie in nineteen seventy three. Faden, also known as Iron Cowboy, has since garnered a cult following.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so we'all have a question, why have so many Britt Reynolds movies been coming out? My response strange you never knew? Oh Razzy Star Nazzie Star joke In twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: Four, Hey, let's talk about Radiance.
Speaker 3: February twenty fourth in the UK, February twenty fifth in North America. They are releasing hokur Rico Sorry, Hokurriku Proxy War from nineteen seventy seven.
Speaker 5: This is a Kinji fue.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, very white here HD digital transfer, new interview with an actress from the film, a new interview with a screenwriter, Yakuza film History and Akahiko Eto on the real life Kriku Proxy War murder case. We've got reversible sleeve as usual, and then a booklet with new newly translated archival writings. But as usual, great art by Radiance.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm glad my Massie star joke landed. Do you want to know what's funny?
Speaker 4: Yes, it's funny.
Speaker 5: It's not funny, it's just something about me. When I'm falling asleep on the couch, I like to put on Mazzie Star like live performances on the TV. They're very comforting.
Speaker 4: I'm glad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, more from Radiance, The Cat. This is from nineteen eighty eight, getting a UK release on the same day, February twenty fourth, North America on February twenty fifth. This is by Dominic Graff, and this is going to have a brand new interview with Dominic. This is going to have an interview with the screenwriter, interview with the producer Selex, scene commentary as well. And then we've got a let's see reversible sleeve on this one. No booklet mentioned, which is rare for Radiance. I'm not sure if it's going to be there, but hey, this is coming out and it's a film called The Cat.
Speaker 4: Craig's gotta love this one.
Speaker 5: Somebody grabbed it by the booklet.
Speaker 4: Oh look at that, Craig says, Hey, they're talking.
Speaker 5: About Yeah, somebody stole the booklet.
Speaker 4: Oh man.
Speaker 3: And then the next one is Nomad Patrick Tam and this will also include My Heart Is That Eternal Rose. This is a double feature coming in the UK on February twenty fourth. This is going to have the same restoration that was done previously on the other release, and this will have an interview with Tony Rains on Nomad, interview with the assistant director Stanley Kuwan on Nomad, visual essay on Patrick Tam and the Hong Kong New Wave by David Desser, Audio commentary by Frank Chang on My Heart Is That Eternal Rose?
Speaker 4: Two episodes of CID.
Speaker 3: This was also on the Connie release that was released earlier. Booklet on this one featuring an archival career spanning interview by with Patrick Tam. Sorry, great looking release. Yeah, if you don't have the other stuff, this might be the one to go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm starting to think Radium this is a pretty good label.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're all right.
Speaker 3: And then what happened was with Tom Noonan. This is coming on February twenty fourth in the UK only. This is from nineteen ninety four. Nineteen ninety four Can't Speak four K restoration that was licensed from Oscilloscope. This has some of those same features on there and then a new interview with Charles Brandon Mesco from this year as well, and then a limited book with new writing by Adam Nayman.
Speaker 5: What happened Mighty Wind? Okay, Yeah, that looks great.
Speaker 3: That is solid month from Radiance Glad. They are putting these out and they're killing it. We should be hearing from them about their first four K release here soon in the next couple months, probably what yes, sir?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: Going to our next is a pile of eighty eight films announcements. First is Love and Crime from nineteen sixty nine. This is coming to their Japanarchy line that they do. This will have a limited numbered obi or obi strip, includes a booklet with notes from Nathan Stewart. And then they've got an audio commentary by Jasper Sharp and Amberte newly filmed introduction by Mark Shilling. And this is supposed to be pretty damn great. Taruhii film Love ter.
Speaker 5: Freaking Pervert.
Speaker 4: I was waiting to hear the word you're gonna.
Speaker 5: Choose it's a compliment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely, nothing wrong with it. To the next one is Love unto Waste. This is coming on January twentieth in the UK. This is a very old chaw Yon fat film from nineteen eighty six, new two K transfer from the OCN. We've got reversible sleeve with new artwork, but no extras.
Speaker 5: On this one. Well what a waste.
Speaker 3: Well and beyond that, eighty eight Films will always delay their release dates anyways, so no extra resident will probably come sixty days after this date.
Speaker 5: They should change their name to Weighty Waite. Uh.
Speaker 4: Next one is oh, looks.
Speaker 5: It's uh, It's it's Chris Statue.
Speaker 4: It is Chris Statue. Uh.
Speaker 3: It might be a good time to say if you are bored. Tomorrow, during the middle of the day, Chris and I are finally doing another live episode of Film Foundations, what we call our State of the Union. Doing that tomorrow, Come hang out with us. That'll be at one Eastern and.
Speaker 5: You'll talk about presidential movies.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I get to surprise Chris with a listical at the end of that, so that'll be a fun one. Next from eighty eight Films January twentieth in the UK is Rouge.
Speaker 4: From nineteen eighty seven.
Speaker 3: This is Stanley Kuwan's This is the one that was released by Criterion previously. However, there's this is a good release, brand new four K digital restoration approved by Stanley Kwan. We've got another kind of Chinese ghost story. Interview with Stanley Kwan Archival interviews. Very curious to see how this compares to the Criterion release, because I remember that did not get like super rave reviews at the time, so I'm hoping this one looks better. Paul says, a sort of weighty weight. You call him lady Late. And then the Tigon collection released this month is The Haunted House of Horrors, coming on Blu Ray in the UK on January twentieth. This will have the slipcover if you get in on that first pressing. There will also be a booklet with notes from Michael Armstrong. This has an audio commentary by Kim Newman and Sean Hogan, audio commentary by Troy Howard, Nathaniel Thompson, Making of a House of Horrors, visual essay, some featurettes, trailer steals, all that fun stuff. Have you seen this one, because this has like very oddly mixed reviews.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'd like to. I have to admit that as soon as you started talking about it, I started daydreaming about a special Halloween episode of the sopranos called the Haunted House of WHRs. But which would be I can't even say it right, I can't do the sopranos accent. I've been working on my Donald Trump though. I think I want to debut it next time. We need some we need some distance.
Speaker 4: Yikes.
Speaker 5: But yeah, uh no, I haven't. I think I would probably want to check this out, right, I have no expectations. You got mixed reviews.
Speaker 3: On it, yeah, like some people really love it, an others say that it falls super flat.
Speaker 5: Mhm, so kind of like every movie ever got it? Uh?
Speaker 3: The last one for me eight that we're going to talk about in this patch. This one did get delayed. Story of a Cloistered None. This will finally come out on January twenty seventh in the UK.
Speaker 5: Oh, speaking of House of Woors.
Speaker 3: Nothing new announced for this, but yeah, this will be finally getting released.
Speaker 4: This one got delayed.
Speaker 3: But the bigger things from today, potentially is the BFI announcements. First is Kronos.
Speaker 5: Wait, we're not gonna tell about the story of a Cloister None.
Speaker 4: We already have. We've covered it twice on the show already.
Speaker 5: Not with me, Okay, go ahead, No, No, no, let's talk about the old man. That's okay, Well it's perverted.
Speaker 4: It had better be with the cover like that.
Speaker 5: I mean, all right, you know the Catholics.
Speaker 3: So Gamba del Toro's Chronos is getting a four K release from BFI on February tenth, and will also get a standalone Blu Ray release. This is pretty damn cool. We got a new commentary by Jason Wood, a couple different archival commentaries on this as well.
Speaker 4: We've got a.
Speaker 3: Couple of short including Geometria, which we actually just watched in the Patreon.
Speaker 4: Discord watch along last month.
Speaker 3: We've got Bavice screen talk from twenty seventeen, a bunch of archival interviews with Germal del Toro, and a sixty page book with new essays by Michelle Kissner Rich Johnson, both have been on the channel before, Barry Forshaw and Michael Leader. Also includes an edited version of Germal del Toro The Origins of Horror and Chronos, an old interview that was done previously. This looks like a fricking great release.
Speaker 5: The first time I saw Chronos, I decided to show it in a class blind screening, which is rarely a good idea, but I decided to show in the class because it was my fortieth birthday and perfect perfect fortieth birthday classroom screening. Love it, great movie.
Speaker 4: Good.
Speaker 3: Next one up is a Chantale Chantal Ackerman box Sets is Volume one from nineteen sixty seven to seventy eight. This has all of these same films that were in the Criterion box set, all the same extras, everything. There is a different book in this with new essays by Katherine Bray, Justine Smith, Gerald White, Sarah Wood, and Hannah Strong. But the big thing to point out is lately the Criterion stuff has been blown out of the water by better encoding from overseas, and the Criterion release of this box set only had I think three discs, and this goes all in to make sure that these films all have more area to breathe. Basically, they get the space they deserve. This is a five disc set. These will likely look quite a bit better than the Criterion release. Actually, well, hell, unfortunately I already have the Criteria.
Speaker 5: I know that's the quandary.
Speaker 3: Well, let's keep going with stuff that Criterion and BFI are both releasing. Yo Jimbo and san Juro getting a four K release on March seventeenth, is also getting, just like Chronos, a Blu Ray release. This is getting a limited two disc sets, both four K presented in Dolby Vision, which a lot of the Criterion releases have not been getting Dolby Vision.
Speaker 4: If that's your big.
Speaker 3: Thing, New interview on this, New interview with Jasper Sharp on this. There's other extras that are going to be confirmed later as well. There's also an illustrated booklet on this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I feel cheated.
Speaker 4: That's up. Kb uh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of the Criterion stuff has not been getting Dolby Vision, and then BFI is releasing it and it has Dolby Vision. That alone doesn't make it better necessarily.
Speaker 5: I uh, I don't would say I this is the worst thing that's happened this week.
Speaker 3: I'm just letting you sit in that for a minute. No Dolby Vision, it means a lot. All right, let's go to the next one.
Speaker 5: So basically, if I want Dolby Vision, I have to go overseas. You have to leave this country and go elsewhere.
Speaker 4: Yes, and you better order it soon so you don't get charged to tear.
Speaker 5: Yeah. You know what sucks is that all the other countries are falling apart too. There's nowhere to go, man, oh man, where are we gonna go?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: Let's let's talk about more Chrossawa, First Street.
Speaker 5: Dog speaking of being Hope, you know, Rootless.
Speaker 4: Release in the UK January.
Speaker 5: No, hold on, I'm on Canada. You need to google what's going on in Canada. Man, they're there. It's it's the worst. It's the worst. They're in Quebec. They're oh my god, the the fucking French people. Yeah what Kenny, No, no, no, seriously, like it's bad. The right wing takeover of of Canada is is happening, and it's uh, it's scary to see, you know, like these guys don't even say they're sorry. They just they just slice you to come right in. There's nowhere to go.
Speaker 3: Uh all right, No, let's let's talk about Straight Dog for a.
Speaker 5: Minute, or Watering Guns.
Speaker 3: Newly recorded interview with Jasper Sharp. We've got uh. Let's see first pressing illustrated book of a new writing by Barry Forshaw on this as well, Curse Ala.
Speaker 4: He's all right, m hmm.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is a great movie. Man. I love straight Og.
Speaker 4: Well, how about High and Low?
Speaker 3: This is also getting released on January twentieth on Blu Ray in the UK. This is from nineteen sixty three. New interview with Jasper Sharp on this one as well. And yeah, all kinds of good stuff coming on this illustrate a booklet.
Speaker 5: I love seeing this, but there's still like four or five Cursawa movies that haven't been released at all, like The Quiet Duel, you know. So it's great to see these major films getting re releases, but I'd still like to see some of the films that haven't come out yet, or some of the films that are only available on like Eclipse editions, like No Regrets for Our Youth. I would love to say, see a four K of that. That's a gorgeous film.
Speaker 3: Aquatic asking any idea why some curs I was getting four K and others not. There's no four K restorations for some of these.
Speaker 5: I guess that's what I guess. That's what I'm rambling about. But that being said, high and low, great great great film. So Hi Craig, Oh love Craig. Can we say are we allowed to say? Nope?
Speaker 3: Well, first let's let's talk about the fact that you attacked Canada. So you had to come back.
Speaker 5: I attacked Canada. I told you before.
Speaker 6: Will Oh, Okay, this is not the week to be doing this.
Speaker 5: Doing what take the people of Canada alone? Are you Canadian? Dude?
Speaker 4: No, I'm just saying I told you before.
Speaker 5: Don't go after Canada. I'm not I would I would come every right Quebec. First of all, I'm talking about Quebec, which, according to many Quebec Wuha is not Canada. And second of all, do you even speak French because you wouldn't be allowed in Quebec if you didn't.
Speaker 6: We Daniel, Yeah, yeah, yeah, uh huh.
Speaker 5: I'm glad. I'm glad we made time for this bit.
Speaker 4: All right, see you all right?
Speaker 5: Talk about how I love.
Speaker 3: Martin seventeenth Blu Ray from BFI as well. All we imagine as light. This is a twenty twenty four film. I definitely see this likely getting a Janis Contemporaries release in the US.
Speaker 4: Well, there you go.
Speaker 3: Craig says we should brand about the essay for Gwen and the or what is the full title, Gwen or the Book of Sand.
Speaker 5: Wow. Way to brag about it, dude.
Speaker 3: I've worked on so many things in the last three days. I'm amazed. I know the word Gwen right.
Speaker 5: Now, the Perils of Gwen or the Book of Sand.
Speaker 4: Now in my house it was the Virels.
Speaker 5: Well, let's talk about all we imagine is light first?
Speaker 4: Sure, all we imagine is light.
Speaker 1: This is.
Speaker 3: Supposedly great, This has great reviews. I looked this up earlier because I was trying to figure out if this was going to be a Janis contemporary title. Looks like it likely will be, and it sounds like an incredible film. We got an introduction by the director, an alternative family, an interview with the writer and director, newly recorded interview with one of the actors, documentary looking at progress versus tradition in India, UH first pressing. We get a booklet in this. Yeah, this is more films about Indian and UH Indian films in general. We need more distribution for those.
Speaker 4: Please not just our r R that doesn't even have a release. We need that too.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But speaking of that, Tombe Bad, that was a big movie a couple of years ago, getting another theatrical run for people that missed it.
Speaker 4: Check that out. I think it's coming at the end of this month or early in December, so.
Speaker 5: Real quick to some comments, de Sinner says, I still have the link. Will. I don't know what you're talking about, but I'm gonna be coming up to New York pretty soon. Wish you get coffee? Uh? Chrys Silvestri says, uh Canadian. Yeah, it's one of my favorite labels. Everybody check out. The hard part begins.
Speaker 3: Okay, hey, well, why don't you talk about your work on Gwynn? This was mostly you, my friend.
Speaker 5: Our speaking of hours. It's about time. We just worked on a visual essay to a company an upcoming deaf crocodile release of the nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 4: I think it's eighty four.
Speaker 5: Yeah, French animated film gwen Or the Book of Sand, and the visual essay is about the nature of time and consciousness and surrealism. And it turned out pretty well. I was worried that it wouldn't turn out well because I really got into my own head.
Speaker 4: Which is will essay.
Speaker 5: But it's not a pleasant place to be. But I think it turned out okay. And I have to say gwen Or the Book of Sand is a beautiful film. The animation was done by hand, you know, a water color process called ghosh. It's unbelievable, and it's very much a meditation on It's a post apocalyptic film that's a meditation on time. And I can't wait for people to see it. It's amazing.
Speaker 3: And we get to talk about that right after Kronos. There's a lot of yeah, similar thoughts going through tonight.
Speaker 5: Gwenn is the kind of movie that you can watch like ten straight days and fall asleep at a different point in the movie, you know, because it's a very languid, like slow paced, surrealistic. Yeah, And it's the kind of thing like you can watch and fall asleep and then the next night just start where you left off and keep going and then or start over. Right. It's it's a film you can just like pick up at any point and it's it's gorgeous. I've seen it now five times. When is it schedule? Do you know? January?
Speaker 3: Maybe it's either January or February, Yeah, one of those two months.
Speaker 5: But definitely a good Valentine's Day movie.
Speaker 4: It's beautiful to look at, that's for sure.
Speaker 5: I Mean it's French, so there's some young people having illicit sex. All right.
Speaker 3: We have a grand total of four titles left now that we're talking about young people having illicit sex.
Speaker 4: Let's bring through these.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, we already talked about Catholics, but.
Speaker 4: The outrun.
Speaker 3: This is coming from Studio Canal on Blu Ray in the UK on December sixteenth. This is Sir sharonan film. She's supposedly amazing in this. She's pretty great pretty much everything that she does. I've not seen it. I never even knew this was coming out. Hear this has Dolby Atmos. We've got a bunch of featurettes making of and trailer.
Speaker 5: She's allegedly amazing.
Speaker 4: Legally, is is important? Will?
Speaker 3: I don't want anybody thinking this is full throated recommendation.
Speaker 5: Whoa Wow.
Speaker 3: Next title short Night of Glass Dolls. We were talking about this earlier. Eighty eight Films says they are going to be releasing this in March on four K in the UK. So if you want that and you want it somewhere around probably next June or July, you can get that from eighty eight Films.
Speaker 5: Well does it have the Panics?
Speaker 4: Can probably not?
Speaker 5: Oh fuck that?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: Next up, Motel Hell is getting a Walmart exclusive four K Steele book. This is coming on January seventh. Now this one.
Speaker 3: Is less egregious. First off, let's talk about this motel hell fun movie. I like this movie quite a bit. In the art good on this I wish I wish there was more of the film with him in the mask and killing people.
Speaker 5: But I I, yeah, it's about the build.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 5: It's about Ivan and the terribles.
Speaker 4: Any any thoughts on the art or the film I want to get out.
Speaker 5: Okay, Walmart Great meets.
Speaker 3: Eat, so this one's not as egregious. However, Uh the next release, Drag Me to Hell, that just came out like last month in their regular release. Now, Uh, Scream Factory doing their whole cash grew a plan here. This is coming in a four K steal book on January seventh as a Walmart exclusive as well. I mean, just announce them at the same time. I don't understand why why do you have to wait forty five days and see if people want to like triple Dip on the Blu Ray. This is now the third release of this film from scring Factory.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, Dragging Me to Hell is also how I would describe someone taking me to Walmart.
Speaker 4: Understandable.
Speaker 5: I kind of feel like Walmart shoppers, this will be the first version of dragging me to hell.
Speaker 3: They say, well, they probably won't see it in stores because most of them don't ever care these steel books.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, if it means more money to the company, I'm all for it. Like Walmart exclusives. I'm not a Walmart shopper, you know, so people who are Walmart Walmart shoppers, great, get it there. I'm all I have no problem with that.
Speaker 3: Well, that is the end of our announcements. But as usual, after those announcements, we always cover what is coming out next week in case you.
Speaker 4: Walmart some of them probably are. We've got the seven Samurai four K from Criterion, Scarface four K from Criterion. We've got a little box size.
Speaker 5: Oh you've already got yours. Huh.
Speaker 4: I haven't opened it yet, but it just came in.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: All the Haunts by Hours, Volume two from seven born on the fourth of July, coming on four K from Shout Studios Paradise. We saw that earlier from Will. We've got Elvirah Mistress of the Dark four K from Arrow Sugarland Express, one of Will's favorite directors getting a four K release. Heavenly Bodies, also from Fun City Editions, The Invasion four K from aerow Video, Gladiator four K getting another steel book re release that Golden Heart Volume one box that Supernatural Shockers from Shout is getting a release, Arabesque four K from Keno, SpongeBob SquarePants four K, Standard Planes, Trains and Automobiles four K Steel book, this film Master's release of Night of the Blood Beast and Attack the Giant Leeches. This had quietly gone out of print already and now it's coming back somehow.
Speaker 4: Very odd set up on how that worked out.
Speaker 3: A Circus of Horrors four K from Keno, Top Copy, the Afro Samurai Complete Series steel book coming out as well. Kung Fu Instructor from eighty eight Films. Horrible High Heels from Master Video. Something that they should probably not have that on the screen for very long. Tales of the Teenage Mutant Turtles Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles getting its Blu Ray release one two three getting a re released from Keno. King of Queen's Complete Series getting a Blu Ray re release. Infinite San eight thousand fnaps.
Speaker 5: I want you to say the title that one on the right.
Speaker 3: I am a nympho maniac. Yeah you are the standard retail edition from Mondo Micabro. Everybody go listen to the Mono Macabre podcast.
Speaker 4: It's great.
Speaker 3: Triumph of the Spirit getting a release from Keyno Maniac, the Something Weird and Keyno collaboration getting a released to Duo coming from Arbelos roseland from Cohen Facets a Love from eighty eight Films Merchant I read the documentary from Cohen also coming out The Boss, the Fernando de Lao title getting its Rarero release next week with a new four K restoration. Lebau Mech getting it's released from Altered Innocence, that one without a slipcover. If that's your thing, let's see. I think that's pretty much it. Blue Christmas from VCI. If that's one that you're super into, you've already got some of these, any of these that you don't have yet that you're getting like Sugarland Express.
Speaker 5: Just to be clear, Triumph of the Spirit is very different from Triumph Will slightly very different. What what else is?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 5: Scroll down a little bit, Yes, sir, Uh. It would be funny if there was like a if SpongeBoy SquarePants did a remake of Planes, Trains and automobiles.
Speaker 3: I want to know why we don't have more Muppets movies for stuff like that.
Speaker 5: I just want to follow up with those. Aren't pillows joke? Muppets? Yeah? I like top copy a lot. What else is down there?
Speaker 3: I was just gonna say, after Ronnie's comment, it makes even funnier play on your words.
Speaker 5: There, welled at Uh yeah, all right, I'm gonna say something. I think King of Queens is a funny show.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't.
Speaker 5: I'm not going to get this box out or anything, but it was a funny show.
Speaker 4: It's not good.
Speaker 5: You're not good. I know, you know what. I take that back. That's the frustration of the week. I'm sorry. I didn't mean that.
Speaker 4: That's not true.
Speaker 5: I got frustrated. Let me tell you, dude. I don't know if you've noticed, but people have been stressed out the past couple of days, like we've I've definitely been snippy. It's okay. We can disagree on the King of Queens. We can. We can still work together.
Speaker 4: I really want to check out too. Duo from arbelows h.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, Kevin James does suck. That's what's so funny about it is that It's like, I don't think he's funny at all. He's the worst part of the show, just like Jerry Seinfeld is the worst part of Seinfeld. Yeah, he is, like but Jerry Stiller and the and the and the God. There was this one joke that what's that nerdy guy? He's married to Nattigan. His first wife was a true cram lady that saw the Golden State Killer.
Speaker 4: Oh, Patton Oswell, yeah that guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he I'm not obviously I'm not a huge fan because I can't even remember his name. I love Natty again, though. Uh uh. There was an episode of King of Queens where Patton Oswalt was talking about like cheese and uh, well, it's not gonna be funny when I say it, but it was like he was describing some piece of furniture made out of cheese, and Kevin James was like, how would that even work structurally? And Patton Oswalt was like, well, I'm not not Brie. I don't know. It was like it was like it's like one of those funny moments that just sticks with you forever.
Speaker 3: I loved There was an episode of King of Queens where Patton Oswald realized he had no lines in the whole cold opening, and he had no actions, so when they started filming, he literally stood dead still while holding his drink and all of the camera movement. If you watch, he's literally not moving the entire intro and everybody's acting around him.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 4: He's such a minor character you don't even notice unless you're looking for it.
Speaker 5: And you know, Jerry Steeller is funny and everything, and uh, you know, say what you will about scientology. I think le Remani's pretty funny.
Speaker 4: I would.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So yeah, Kevin James obviously the weak point of everything that he does. And yet he's a fucking gazillionaire. So what if I said, what do I have to say about my life? Yeah, you know, I should drive a UPS truck. They make good money. Now I can't even get a union where I'm in a right to work state, And yeah, I bet I Actually I should get a UPS job like.
Speaker 4: A s A p our friend.
Speaker 3: Uh omaha, John on the Discord kid to hook you if he works at UPS.
Speaker 5: Like, I'm for real, Like that's that's work that actually satisfies me, you know, like.
Speaker 4: Maybe you could get a discount on shipping.
Speaker 5: Well, I would speaking of oh man, Oh, well you know that in print sale. I'm tempting. I didn't see the zoo Keeper. What's that?
Speaker 4: It's a Kevin James movie.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, I thought, wouldn't that Scarlett Johansson.
Speaker 3: That does not seem like a matchmate in heaven Zo movie? Isn't that that damon we build a zoo or whatever?
Speaker 5: Oh? Yeah, yeah, but I was gonna say, if it's like an Adam Sanduin movie, then she probably is married to Kevin James. Yeah, talk about aspirational.
Speaker 4: It.
Speaker 3: We bought a zoo, not we built a zoo. That's right, Thanks guys. Hell of a week. Lots going on obviously, lots of announcements this week.
Speaker 5: Well that Zootopias woke as fuck.
Speaker 4: Have you seen Zootopia? It's a good movie.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I liked it. Uh, I like the sloth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was good stuff. Lots going on behind the scenes.
Speaker 5: Uh, can't's wife? I thought that was the astronaut's wife. Paul Berriman saw that the zoo keeper's wife. What's that? Charlie's Theron's the astronaut's wife where Johnny Depp is an astronaut.
Speaker 4: Somehow we're making like a weird spider web of movies.
Speaker 5: Now listen, man, I know, I know, Johnny Depp's had a rough couple of years.
Speaker 4: It's been pretty shitty.
Speaker 5: That's funny that I would say that, fuck him. Uh, I'm team whatever. His wife's name was team Her Amber? Who Amber? Yeah? Yeah, team her? But uh no hurt yeah her? Hey, you know it was a good movie. Was freaking drive angry freaking ruled in that.
Speaker 3: I was actually daving a good movie with her. But yes, she wasn't in her her as a better movie.
Speaker 5: This is so ridiculous, your abbot, Oh, I love it, your abbit. Well, who was in the Astronant's Wife? That was Johnny Depp? Johnny Depp was a Is that Johnny Depp?
Speaker 4: But I don't know? It was so off the cuff I should know?
Speaker 5: Was it the joker? Who's in the Astronant's Wife? Google?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Man, I have to type a lot in for this. Auto Phil.
Speaker 4: Nineteen ninety, Charlie's Throne and Johnny Depp.
Speaker 5: It is Johnny Depp, and we're supposed to believe he's an astronaut. Johnny Depp, he's been definitely yeah, yeah, yeah, I worked for NASA in that accent, and it was Bennie in June. You probably thought it was Edwards her hands, but it was Benny and June.
Speaker 4: Edwards her Hands acting as Sweeney Todd the Demon.
Speaker 5: Burger, Johnny Depp as an astronaut Jesus Christ. I would have an easier time believing that you could train coal miners to be astronauts or engineers or whatever. Ben Affleck says, Anyways, I saw Armageddon.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna getting those out of here.
Speaker 5: Well, who's the Zookeeper's wife? Do we get that? Seven?
Speaker 4: I have to look it up because I don't know anything about.
Speaker 5: What is even that movie The zoo Keeper's Wife. Does zoo keepers have wives?
Speaker 3: I thought Jessica Chastein it's a twenty seventeen film called The zoo Keeper's Wife.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you one thing, Jessica Chastain is not married to a zoo keeper. Actually, I guess these days, isn't that the new thing? Like a celebrity women are married to like just regular dudes who do weird stuff.
Speaker 4: Yep, who is it?
Speaker 5: Landa del Rey is married to like a NASCAR driver or something.
Speaker 4: He's somebody yebody else.
Speaker 5: And then like somebody's married to a veterinarian.
Speaker 4: This episode is ending wonderfully.
Speaker 5: Listen, this country is ending wonderfully.
Speaker 4: Oh man, Oh that's right. He's a swamp tour guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's what I'm talking about. He's the he's the swamp king, swamp thing, the swamp thing thing. This country isn't very bigly. I've never tried to do it. I've never tried to do a Trump thing before. Oh man, that that was pretty bad.
Speaker 4: It was. It was rough, yeah, but it was still fun.
Speaker 5: I'll work on I got I got the rest of my life to work on it now. Yikes, that'll be my project twenty twenty five.
Speaker 4: Anyways.
Speaker 5: Uh tonight, man, you know what movies are awesome? You guys are on awesome. Fuck this shit. It's time to reply.
Speaker 3: If you need a community and you are feeling alone, we'd love to have you around. If you want to be around more Patreon link in the description below, come join us in the discord. We hang out all day, talk about films, talk about our lives, talk about anything bothering us. Lots of people that are willing to just listen if you need it, we'd be thrilled to have you. We have lots of stuff coming up in the near future, stuff that we're working on, stuff that we've been working on, literally for more than a year and a half at this point, for a couple of the titles. Eager to get these in your hands. But there's a lot going on, I promise stuff that is out of our hands. Can't wait to be able to share them with you.
Speaker 4: Will.
Speaker 3: It's an honor to have you around everybody in the chat. It's a relief to be able to have you here and come back and find friends like this.
Speaker 5: I'm going to join the the Discord.
Speaker 4: You have joined the Discord twice already.
Speaker 5: I keep I'll be honest with you, like I keep getting on there and I just I don't know how to get in. I feel awkward, Like I don't want to just like jump into somebody else's conversation be like Ooh, I love that that's the point or or or eh, your opinions are stupid. I don't want to do that, you know.
Speaker 3: Now, I would never do that, Tony says, great show considered this group my international film family.
Speaker 5: Tally dude, glad to have you.
Speaker 3: All right, all we will be back and well one of us will be back next Thursday, and we might be back in December.
Speaker 5: Are you allowed to say who it is?
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course, let me well, I think, let me make sure it's not somebody that's.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, you're such a celebrity. You don't even know.
Speaker 3: But I have stuff booked all the way through February already. Next week is a Zachary K. Bryant, who was in the chat earlier when they lived by Film.
Speaker 5: Home Improvement. That are you serious, dude? I thought he was in jail.
Speaker 4: Thank you all.
Speaker 3: We'll see you next week with Zach and until then, keep your head up, find a community around.
Speaker 5: Welcome back, dude. Thanks will Ty Bryant, Kay Bryant. Oh that's a different person.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you for watching The Disconnected. On the way out, make sure that you are a subscribed the channel, that you've liked the video, and that you've copied the link to be able to share with someone else that may appreciate this.
Speaker 4: Me.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: If you're looking for more horror outside of the mainstream, look no further than Unsung Horrors, a podcast about underseen horror movies. I'm Lance and I'm Erica.
Speaker 7: Every other week we'll cover a horror movie with fewer than one thousand views on Letterboxed. We'll even give you double feature recommendations to pair with the movies we discuss.
Speaker 2: From gothic to shot on video, from to comedies, from Giallo to j horror, We'll cover all the subgenres, so join us as we unearth these hidden gems of horror.
Speaker 7: Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. All at Unsung Horrors available wherever you listen to podcasts, and part of the Someone's Favorite Productions podcast Network.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to hear more shows from the Someone's Favorite Productions podcast Network. Please select the link in the description.