Speaker 1: Yo, what's going on? Everybody? Welcome to a new episode of My canic Caass. I'm Canadave. I'm on today's episode. We have special guests to Jenny. She's been with Heavyweight Heads and she's also a content creator and you might know her as hot Pot Jenny and the social media world.
Speaker 2: Welcome.
Speaker 3: Hey, how's it going.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 2: It really stoked to have you on here.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you for joining us.
Speaker 2: And I got well as soon as I went in to talk, my headphones got caught on.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh god, and on the side you saw my head yeah too. But thank you for joining us today. And let's get a little background information. What got you into cannabis? What got you into the industry?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, le let's hear about who it is hot Pot Jenny.
Speaker 3: That's a really loaded question, but I.
Speaker 2: Guess well, we got longere. It's a long format. We got that's true.
Speaker 3: Would you guys, let's maybe start with the sativa. Do you guys like a rang a tang?
Speaker 2: Oh? Sure? Shadow heavy Weightheads for the day.
Speaker 3: I have a torch later here. This is in fuse.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna like it.
Speaker 1: Start off with that.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, so you joints huh.
Speaker 3: Then fuse joints are a nice touch. I didn't bring the puff co. I think I saw you have the proxy there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I actually just got it for my birthday this week.
Speaker 3: Happy birthday in two days days almost.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: I guess it all started when for me, I was in a car accident in sixth grade and it eventually led to being on you know, prescription medications, and fifteen years old, discovered cannabis changed my life, healing medicine. The power of that led me to want to just do something in that in is a profession, and I chase that for a while, unsuccessfully, went through a couple of different careers, moved out to California, tried to get into cannabis, then New Mexico, then Colorado.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, so you traveled in different markets.
Speaker 2: When you were fifteen? Did you like start into canas pretty heavily nousing it?
Speaker 3: I will, Yes, I've been a daily user since I discovered it when I was fifteen years old, so every day used it. Been off the prescription med since. Don't use like the thank.
Speaker 2: You, I mean I hear you in a different way. I had some issues with prescription pills, so like, uh, you know, party stuff. So when you talk about that, is really cool to hear the other side that it helped you, Like in the medical side, we're avoiding pills, you know, I was recreationally using them, so like, so it's really cool to hear you, you know, gain from cannabis.
Speaker 3: You know, so young too, and it helps with addiction and it helps with there's so many healing properties to it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, just I knew.
Speaker 3: That was my calling but wasn't really able to get much into it until I was able to full time through a good friend of mine, get into the heavyweight A.
Speaker 2: It's so nice. How long you been there?
Speaker 3: Since two thousand and April twenty twenty one. Yep. I was kind of working in cosmetic dermatology and during the pandemic, it was just difficult, wasn't fulfilling. Knew I had to get out of it, but I was actually but tending part time for three years while I was working for the doctor and it was like a double life secret and it was just working weekends, learned as much as I kind of about the plant during the caregiver days and things you know, changed a lot and I got to see licensing happen.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, And.
Speaker 1: It's crazy how fast we've changed within since we went lea for medical legal in eighteen an hour we're at now it's just like mine, you've been paying attention. It's like, what the hell?
Speaker 3: And it's still we're still fighting for patient rights and caregiver rights, so we can forget that.
Speaker 1: The fight's not over fat I mean smells probable cost still here in the state. I believe like that that's ridiculous, especially if you're medical even legal. It shouldn't be a probable cause.
Speaker 2: Yeah you off bok.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, you're absolutely right. So I'm still a registered medical patient, and you know, I just want people to know that it's it's going to help with all the the rallies and laws that they're trying to keep in place that we already fought for once. So Michigan Weedsters, I love to see what they're doing. And I know that there's going to be around around the.
Speaker 1: Twelfth, so that's at the Capitol yep, yep.
Speaker 3: So definitely want to just want to be involved as much as I can, and Heavyweight Heads has been a huge platform for me to be able to get out there and meet people and get involved in the causes that I support, including Pink Sash and Cababes and all these events that we get to see each other. I'm sure we've both been.
Speaker 2: At it at some point, just like what you were talking about, you know, just like five years six years ago, we just went legal where you know, it was like hard to get any events going. We tried. I was like I was hearing it into my head, what's happening?
Speaker 1: Money?
Speaker 2: Oh, but how far like would the events have really come like back and then I mean, you know, I don't know if I should say their name, but there was a place off like seven mile that would have like caregiver events like Detroit yeah, and other things like that. And but it was cracking me up though, because like how shady that still was when it was legal, Like even the dispos were illegal, like what you know, so like to now to be able to just smoke, we did events and go these crazy things and get freebies, and I don't know, it's just wild man.
Speaker 3: Times have changed, wild.
Speaker 1: And we got consumption Lune is nowadays too. Yeah, that's mind blowing from back in the day. Interesting, it was like only like a thought like something we all wanted. I hope they continue opening up here in the metro.
Speaker 3: But yeah, yeah, nice, Yes, we need that to happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we do.
Speaker 3: With the concert and music scene, there's you know, huge opportunity for all the festivals go on. And I know, like a couple of years ago there was for twenty Music Fest and I think there was MotorCity Roots Fest. There was a lot of consumption music festivals that.
Speaker 2: Actually just played.
Speaker 1: I was at motor City Roots last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just played one last weekend, no two weekends ago summer and smoke Out in the up They did metrics selling and legal stuff and like Mike Jones headline. I mean it was great. It was a great time.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was really fun.
Speaker 1: Music, music and cannabis go together. Or yeah, music and cannabis can in hand. Yeah. So like I love seeing the events where you have artists there because it reminds me of going back to the medical days, back when it was high times and it was at Clio and it was like twenty eight, twenty seventeen, twenty sixteen, you had like bone Thugs you had I think they're we had Mike Jones one year. Who else do We have definitely Mike.
Speaker 2: Jones because that was one of the year. That was one of year when we learned that one song. I always love it.
Speaker 1: For three point five three, and then I think Little Kim was there one year too.
Speaker 3: Remember they had.
Speaker 1: They used to bring artists, so it was like that takes me back to those times and like when it was that, that was like what brought us into like loving the scene even so much more because like everyone's there smoking cannabis, mingling, networking and it's surrounded around cannabis and the dads.
Speaker 3: And the flower Those have been the best times for me to network and it's incredible the stories and the people that I've met at some of these shows. Because Trick Trick being involved with heavyweight heads, it's really given me a ton of access to these artists and we've been constantly been able to sponsor a lot of these shows like off Label I Guess If you Will you know, and trit Trick being you know, a gate keeper to the music industry in this area. They go through him. And I've had the chance to smoke with Snoop Snoop Dogg last summer and Pine Knob forty five Minutes and was Khalifa's dressing room with You're.
Speaker 2: Literally talking about Cana. Dave's like right now, it's like verbatim, like you're in his head.
Speaker 3: Like it was vild. It's like we're in a room this big and it's like a dozen of us packed in here, just hot boxing, and it was just like a movie. It was so surreal, Like I just pinched myself, like this really happened to me. I don't know how, and then it just happens again, and then you know, it's it's be real or it's the Marley's and we.
Speaker 2: Trick Tick's been making music for a while and then like you know, went up. He last time I saw him, he did someone with like a live band, and you know, for being like a live musician, I'm like, that's tight, you know. And I love hip hop. I love electronics, so it's like I love the mixing of live and yes, digital stuff.
Speaker 3: And he's actually branched out into different.
Speaker 2: It was like a few and funk stuff. It was really bad.
Speaker 3: He's actually also produced a scream o band.
Speaker 2: Really and it was on that's really cool. You ever need sex?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's still holding it down and.
Speaker 2: He's still he's been making music for decades.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and like at his birthday party, you know, like flavor Flav just blows through and you know it's just hilarious all the faces.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know, and how well he's done with heavyweight. Hey, I don't know, obviously it's not you know, just trick trick, you know. But we actually ran into some of the team in Vegas and shout out. We were talking Aaron before that episode blessed us with that. We're talking nothing but dry bus.
Speaker 1: So you three days were so good with We were so happy.
Speaker 2: You know in Vegas, do me wrong. Every a lot of ship's dry. It's hard to keep like at the right moisture. So we're sitting out there and then we got blessed with some of this stuff.
Speaker 1: You know that was at the what after party? Was that what's his name from the North Coast got Travis got us and that was sick. Shout out Travis man.
Speaker 2: Travis is great, great stuff. I saw some purple patella by your North Coast and I'm like, holy crap.
Speaker 3: They make our concentrate our live rosin. That's in what you're smoking right now. They actually, yes, there's live rosin and it's it's coated in it. That's the ring of tang right there. And I also have a sun fuel and a draft head doesn't have those.
Speaker 2: It's a live rosin if he oh, okay, cool, I didn't even ask.
Speaker 3: Ram of live rosin and the same strain of flower full ram. Yeah. So it burns nice and slow and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's burned real good, white, ash clean. We even got the oil line coming through. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But Travis's team he rolled those up, patched them up for us. He processed the rosin for us with our flower ship.
Speaker 1: Shout out Travis North Coast.
Speaker 2: Yeah but whatever you.
Speaker 3: But yeah, Vegas, did you didn't get to see No.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no no.
Speaker 3: I think he was out there. He was booked to DJ and.
Speaker 2: I'm sure there's always something going on in Vegas.
Speaker 3: It's funny because you're like probably the stepond or third people that I know that said Aaron was there. We daddy, that was because he just happens to gift everyone that they need and hold them down.
Speaker 1: You cooked it up. We were we needed it, we need.
Speaker 2: I'm saying you bless me. But no, that was. That was a great time. And so we've got a lot of like run ins with heavy weeightheads, so it's super cool, like meet you and hear that, like it sounds like you're really happy. It sounds like you're happy, you know, you love the team, they're blessing these all these cool opportunities. What actually got you into heavyweight heads Because like we talked about guys, you camus what but how did you run into these? Like how'd you just resume?
Speaker 3: So after bud tending on the side on the weekends, double life there for a few years, I was at Bloom City Club in ann.
Speaker 1: Arbor and we've been there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I was there actually recently.
Speaker 1: Okay, I love that.
Speaker 3: It is and I learned so much from them, and my my friends always knew me as you know, the can of queen in our group. You know, I was always the bud tind of that provided everything, always had the fire. They knew that this job opportunity was up there, they just recruited me. So it was, you know, admittedly nepotism. It was a high school friend of mine who was actually my plug back in the day and he is our metrics specialist shout out spere out at and then also Nick, our former c oo who trained me and got me into all the sales and marketing.
Speaker 2: That's cool. It's fai es like, you know, it's really cool that they pulled you in kind of like knowing, you know, you know, not just hiring. So I like that. I love family vibes.
Speaker 1: Where did you did you work out? So when you were out in Cali, Colorado and New Mexico, like the whole West Coast, it sounds like did you work out there in the industry as well too?
Speaker 3: I tried to, and I was in just general retail. I was a general manager shoe stores for Aldo and Journeys that then ended up doing trying to get out of retail, ended up being home a banker for Wells Fargo. Realized that was still retail sales banking services still not any better, but and eventually got into cannabis online SEO and marketing and it didn't really stick, wasn't super lucrative, and ended up going to a aesthetics school, became an licens tition and that's where I ended up working into dermatology and cosmetic aesthetics. Full circle and then you came jumped back in jump out of that to go finally full back full time into cannabis, you.
Speaker 1: Feel you feel like it's like a full circle, like complete. Now you're you're happy where you're at now within the industry, I am.
Speaker 3: True colors, no more double life. I to be myself and that's why I'm now Jenny instead of Jen, who I always was as an adult.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we didn't know. We were talking about what do we call you? That makes sense, and like I don't know if you feel comfortable sharing, but like do you want to shore? I love, like I really found that really cool. Why you go by have pot Jenny?
Speaker 3: Yeah versus sure? I mean as a kid, I was always Jenny. My friend's family always called me Jenny. I actually married my high school sweetheart. He still calls me Jenny. And then when I became an adult, I was like, nope, I gotta drop that. I can't be this stoner. I have to get into the corporate world and you know, make something of myself and became Jen. And then when I finally decided to leave corporate American medical field, I went back to Jenny and as a publicly open stoner. And now I'm back to myself.
Speaker 2: You know, it's funny now that like in this world, like day and age, like you can kind of be open a little bit more about smoking. But in corporate America now, which is crazy because like you said, like I mean even five years ago, you would have been like I smoked weed. They'd be like, here is your two week notice. Yeah, is so much judgment now where like like it's like, I mean, I have to give too many World War examples. But like I've worked for day jobs and like I remember when I got hired, they were like corporate stuff and they were like, hey, uh you know the we're the band weed guy. I was like, uh, yep, and I still got job, you know, I do av So it's a little different. I think they kind of assume you're gonna move. But I think it's funny now that finally corporate America has coming around to realize that it doesn't make you lazy, like you know, I mean, that's just a huge snath, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's one of the biggest propaganda's not there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, opinion, I would not be able to accomplish like most of what I do if it works for cannabis, you know cannabis. Yeah, it does.
Speaker 1: It's got many benefits for everybody, and it helps everyone in It's each unique way and that's.
Speaker 2: Why I love the plant so much. Yeah, so I guess like moving on to like, you know, being in the industry, Like as a female in this industry, have you like faced any like you know, tripulations or like seen any like like any like challenges, challenges or even like any like blessings like people like you know, pink sess or something, how you bust like anybody that you want to shout out because I think sometimes as a female's industry, it's very male dominated, So I'm always curious to get a female perspective when you're working in the industry.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's definitely flip side to it.
Speaker 2: Right, That's why I was like positive because there's probably both sides, you.
Speaker 3: Know, you know, and a very male dominant dominated team. When someone needs something, they might automatically just go to me because they think I'm the secretary or whatnot. But you know, also that might just be an effective choice, you know, So I try to So I would say, you know, the more hats that you wear, the more effective you can be. And I try to use that to my benefit. But you know, there are there have been sometimes where I may have been held back, whereas someone might look at me as just a brand ambassador when they see me sitting in the store trying to you know, promote the brand give off freebies. But you know, if they are trying to get something resolved with their order that's through me, they might just totally overlook that, even when I've attempted to offer help, so you know it, you know it has help.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So you deal with those kind of like people. I would hate to say it, but almost like those natural sexiests, so you know what I mean, they don't even it's like subindus, you know what I mean. So like and that kind of makes sense because I feel like you deal with that in a lot of industries, you know, so that makes sense that it.
Speaker 3: Carries over in any industry for sure.
Speaker 2: It's just interesting to hear that they assume you're like a brand ambassador, you.
Speaker 3: Know, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 2: Because like you know, I just I find that fascinating because that is interesting because I know that people do hire a lot of people who work boost for them, but I feel like it has to because you're a female. And that's interesting that they just assume you're a brand ambassador, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's interesting perceived value in the role, you.
Speaker 2: Know, yeah, And I almost wonder if that's I mean, I hope that it's just because you're behind the table like at a at like a dispo, you know what I mean, But I do feel you it might have to do with and just people naturally thinking that.
Speaker 3: But then luckily there's groups like the Pink Session Cannababes where they are, Yeah, they really help engage with the community and help lift other women up. And that's provided me a lot of opportunities to meet people and and you know, further causes and you know, just things that end up leading things like this through Jess and Patty.
Speaker 1: So shout out. Absolutely, they're great. We we just donated to their PS retreat, so I think this will be out after the retreat. So we like to help out as well too. We actually had Patty on uh Patty and Pam on last year if you didn't check out that episode, and then we had Jess my Cannabision last year actually interviewed.
Speaker 2: Us Sam Pam.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen that one.
Speaker 1: Oh where she uh when she interviewed you.
Speaker 2: That was funny, Yeah, it was, it was.
Speaker 1: It was a fun episode. It was We've never had anyone actually come on and want to interview us, so like we thought it was a great idea to come on and that was one of.
Speaker 2: The first time of Dave was like, Yo, try this banger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hell hell yeah.
Speaker 3: Is there any questions of hers that really stood out? I feel like she would have come up with some really really creative ones.
Speaker 1: It's been a while, it's been I think it's about a year almost to day. Then yeah, yeah, and that shout out that was really good, that burned for like almost twenty minutes.
Speaker 2: I saw it. It wasn't that I didn't even know. You guys did ros and and fuse stuff, so that's really cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can get a mad house of ink, all the house of dank, most of the house in ink stores and puff and Exclusive.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: They're always pretty much always will have happy wet heads and stock holding it down and including like the new stuff. And so next week we are launching the Lagarrett Blunt collab.
Speaker 2: Which is not they're not blunts. I had to clarify because I was like, are these blunts that were talking like I don't understand what I'm seeing right now, But.
Speaker 1: That's affiliated with the football player Arrett, the running back. Okay, okay, so you are like, did.
Speaker 3: You do fantasy football? Are you into?
Speaker 2: Yeah? That's like saying like.
Speaker 1: Dave, you like, I got like two fantasy league drafts coming up soon.
Speaker 3: Those I feel like most people who are familiar with Legarrett are fantasy football fans.
Speaker 4: And and he's he infamously punched someone in a in a college ball game, almost cost him his college n NFL.
Speaker 1: Why what it got suspended? Uh? It was you can go. It was like top news for a while. It was wild. It actually dropped I think dropped his draft stock for a little bit, and then like later down there's like seven rounds. First round you get paid millions and then the lord you go, you get paid thousands, hundreds of thousands. I don't know.
Speaker 2: This is foreign language, genuinely.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I'm like trying to learn, Like this is how you learn, right, you ask questions. I'm not There's nothing wrong with you know everything that you play football. You know, sometimes when you play for a lot of times people stick with football, you know. But no, so he so he like very much in the like is this like his first time getting into the can is already in it Okay, he's always.
Speaker 3: Been an advocate for cannabis. He got caught, got in trouble, you know, a couple of times. And but this is our collab. But we have three strains. I brought this one, the sativa. The Ligarrett punch is what it's called.
Speaker 1: Is that what that one is? Okay?
Speaker 2: Like fruit or purple purple.
Speaker 1: Punch like a mimosa or some tropical it's like smells delish.
Speaker 3: And then this stuff I actually just picked up from Green Farm in Detroit. They have yes, yep, but you know, pronounced blunt, and that's mikado. Mikado is our rangutang crossed with cream soda.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, cream soda and what was what was the first cross again orangutan a ranguetan superhead nugs.
Speaker 3: But Ligarrett is coming with trick trick to a bunch of our stores, uh Off stores and exclusive in Monroe and fern Dales when we're that one is called mercado and it's our orangutang, which we just smoked. The live robin infusa cross with cream soda. Cream soda is a wedding cake fetok and the rang a tang is a gorilla glue cross with sun Sunshine.
Speaker 2: Oh dude, your Sunshine number four again? I bought it before it was like metric you know, but I literally what was that whatever it used to be called puff? Was it called puff too? I ain't mile though. I used to go there all the time. The ten dollar g twenty five dollars as me and it's like we went there all the time, like that Sunshine number four. I smoked much much. That's my ship.
Speaker 1: No Mexico, glad you didn't. They killed it for me. So I was like, bro all day, literally is odds all they had. I was like, you want to match? It's like yeah, Sunshine number four. I'm like, okay, this is super cool. It's a good strain real quick because it looks really nice.
Speaker 2: This is the Yes.
Speaker 1: I really like the loo Garrett punch you because that point you said.
Speaker 2: To his favorite words, roll it you want to?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sorry stealing all the questions?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no no, no, it was good good, No, it's going good. Do you have a specific while you're rolling that up? Do you you prefer joints? I think? Or do you like to dab? What's your favorite way to consume?
Speaker 3: But I'm also a heavy dabber when is flower It's.
Speaker 1: Going to be a joint. Okay, do you have any specific your favorite strains?
Speaker 3: Like I love tropicana, cookies and tangy.
Speaker 2: Every time Derban gets brought up, like he used to have this cut of Durban that was silly, like legit cut of Durbin until.
Speaker 1: The cops d Yeah, it.
Speaker 3: Was so sad.
Speaker 2: I love jack strings, jackerair, that's what it was, the Jacker Cup. That's where yes ran there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, are you guys going to.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep, we already got the already book the hotel and the tickets. Time.
Speaker 2: It is exciting because usually we stay down towards doubtwn or down the strip. We're staying on the strip this time.
Speaker 1: I got it nice.
Speaker 3: Do you guys gamble?
Speaker 2: Dave's got me into it, No comment whatever, no comment. Yeah. Grampa and his dad he used to go gambling. It was like those whole things. It's fun.
Speaker 1: That's what we like to do. I like roulette personally. Roulettes like my go to. But I like to play I don't play the table roulette. I like table roulette, but I just like to sit down at the like the machine roulette and I just play the spread there and I have my own different strategy and then honestly, Crafts recently has been kind of cool too.
Speaker 3: So I've never played Crabs.
Speaker 1: I did not until my birthday this year, and then like my buddy, we were playing at a Greek town and then I started like okay, and then I started doing some research on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, way up, way down?
Speaker 3: Jeez. Is that what you're gonna do to celebrate your birthday?
Speaker 2: I don't know. No, we're doing like X throwing.
Speaker 3: I think have you done that?
Speaker 2: No? No, I never have.
Speaker 3: That's really fun.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: My cousin has a spot in Livonia and he has Chinese throwing stars.
Speaker 2: N let's go.
Speaker 3: He's got a variety of stuff that you could choose from at each spot, and it's like, there's nothing more liberating than taking three Chinese stars throwing stars and like just choking him all at once. Badass bingja. It's fun definitely my head. Yeah, it's a good time. They have some of those places they'll let you rent out, and I'm I'm trying to see if we can do like a cannabis event, because I'd rather be around stone people throwing sharp, dangerous objects than keep people any day.
Speaker 1: So anytime I choose a start crowd crowd, I want to jump in. So content creating is there specific content like the create you like? Do? Do you do photos? Like? Do videos? Like? What?
Speaker 2: And what got you into content creation too?
Speaker 3: Was it cannabis go pros back in like two Yeah, So I was always like out west and in Colorado, California, whenever I was mountain biking or kayaking or hiking, I always have Yeah, it all started with that, and like I just never really was into the social media scene. And then when I ended up getting hired to do social media in the cannabis industry, like I was like, might as well just start using the skills I'm using for the brands for myself and start marketing myself and share some of may be the content from the events I was going to. And I have so much content backstage with Snoop Dogg and Whiskally Fun Be Real and you know at Church Trick's birthday parties and you know at his studio at the club, like tons of stories. So and I haven't even posted most of it. It's just drowning and content content. It's editing and time and you still want to live in the moment and be there.
Speaker 2: And it's a balance, man, It really is hard to like to big right, make sure I get the right amount of cuts for a recad, but also like not the whole time just cutting and editing or taking video the whole time. You know, it's really a balance, you know, especially with networking and being.
Speaker 3: Involved, right, and this whole definition of influencer. You know, you're your your own marketing manager, your photographer, your own editor. It's an endless list of all these things you are for yourself and all these partnerships and brands that you're involved with. It's just a juggling out vership, right, And most of us are just like, no, we just want to create. I don't want to do any of the rest of this, Like I just like your music, or I just want to be behind the camera.
Speaker 2: On and just create. It's fun because it's fun to create, though it makes it really hard when you have to then make it into like something digestible or make it something like for someone else, you know, because someone is when we're creating, it's for us. You know, a lot of times people think music's like they're out there just writing music for other people. Like, no, that's therapy for a lot of these musicians. You know, listen to every Taylor Swip song or Adele you know what I mean, there's some heart in there. People think it's like so I think when you're creating, it's for us, and then sometimes when social media brings this aspect that now it's for someone else, and it becomes difficult.
Speaker 3: This imposter syndrome thing starts to kick in.
Speaker 2: This poster syndrome is something I've suffered with for so it's real, You've talked about it, so just.
Speaker 3: Learning, go post, just put put it up there.
Speaker 2: It's crazy because you care so much that then you become insecure, which makes you second guests, which then makes you like, you know, like it back. We've heard so many stories of any like even growers, anyone creating anything. Like when you're it's just like you're like, I don't know. Like one of my good friends makes music and he kind of like really blew up with one of his videos. Some of his videos get going viral and he does them all the time, and he was like, you know, I didn't even you know this is I'm not gonna drop his name, but he's like, I didn't even feel like putt him out at first, you know, I was just like doing them do for fun, you know, and then someone else is like, yo, you got to put this out and then look at it now. So it's like it's funny how sometimes like as creators like sometimes listening to the outside sources, that's really how we are. You know. When I'm like, yay, your bud's fucking killer, He's like, yeah, it's all right, I guess, and then he's like, bro, you kill it on the sacks. I'm like, dude, I'm okay. Like it's just kind of like yeah, I mean again, okay, because I compare myself to the best sax players, right, You're like out here comparing yourself to Jay Breezy, right, And like I'm sure when you're making content, you're kind of comparing yourself to the people you look up to.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So that's why the imposter syndrome is so funny, because those people were in our exact same spots, doing the exact same thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's smiled. We all struggle with it though, and we're also more worried about what everyone else is thinking that you know, we're not. We're not judging others. So the same people are going through the same thing. We just need to get over ourselves out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So it's amazing what you guys have done with all this all out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I'm sure you deal with it. There's a lot of things when you're dealing with cannabis industry stuff where it's like, you know, you get shadow band this week, or your content gets removed or yeah, and it's like where all these other businesses don't even have to worry about it, and they still struggle with social Like imagine struggling and socials giving you payton the whole time, and.
Speaker 1: You can run ads too easily. Other businesses, it's so different, Like there's so many loopholes. Like I'm starting to see Facebook or Meta whatever, yeah, letting cannabis or parents do it. But it's through like multi like it's not through their main accounts, like a sub one that looks like there's and it's showing a little of not a little bit, but just telling like a story and interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're letting things kind of slide.
Speaker 2: Well, what I've seen is like I don't want to throw their name, but I've almost seen them kind of do like talking about like snacks are just kind of something funny, and then it's like clearly all their branding.
Speaker 1: And it's like and you can see the name on the you know, add on face meta. You see the name here and then here like on the adre Like okay, yeah, well.
Speaker 3: We need to normalize it somehow. And I mean once it changes federally on a more effective level, then maybe these community guidelines will.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we hope should the same thing with the federal stuff. That's why the you know, as much as we love deschedule, you know, completely like completely off, but like even the reschedule hoping hoping that would loosen up some of these loss Like is it silly that.
Speaker 1: The only thing I'm worries if they do like prescription and they just make it similar to prescription, because then that's just gonna oh yeah, no, that's going to be very bad. I was thinking about that too. That's not the good so well, I mean honestly, it's just like it's out of our it's out of our control. That's what sucks. And then like for us trying to create the content, you have to make sure that you're able to you have to make you have to really make a community to be able to continue to build because without without thank you all for you.
Speaker 2: Shout out to our partners Old Score or Gags High nine, our official drinks Kinship, and shout out cannas Workers Resource Shout all the fame love.
Speaker 3: Cannabis Resource Workers Resource. Stacey is my girl. I love what she's doing out there, and it was just mind blowing to me, like she caught my attention right away when I entered the social cannabis digital world, and because in the past I had actually been a victim of employee rights violations, so really and I was like, dang, this girl is got platforms, she's helping people, she already knows what's up, and I just connected with her so quickly and easily. I love that girl.
Speaker 2: Last time we were in Vegas, we kicked it like pretty much on and off the whole time.
Speaker 3: Yes, Yes, love that. I Gotta go out to Vegas you guys next time then, for sure. But it's just sad because even though I've been through it in the past in different industries, super lucky now now that especially that I know my rights been, it's behind me and I'm very blessed in the position I'm in now, but the problem is I see it in so many other parts of the industry. I'm in, you know, a half dozen group chats and text group group texts with other people in the industry, and there's constantly things going on with like harassment and discrimination and wage theft and misclassification of position and wrongful termination and denial of unemployment. Like it keeps going. So just major plug for her website, Cannabis Workers Resource dot Com for whatever state you're in, if you're having issues, go little menu, drop down policies by state, and it's really great resource.
Speaker 2: But I like if you give a partners, she's like, oh them. Especially when you get in Michigan too, Like we're talking about going these events, you kind of start to recognize people and just be like, oh okay, and you see them over and over. Because as much as it feels big when you're online, it's really not because the people who actually make because the people who really go above beyond and know every product and know when the hash drops are, know when the weed drops are, Like, that's a very smaller slice than all the people who just smoke, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the people that are active in either the culture, the community, the industry. You know, there's three little segments at all.
Speaker 2: And that's why I like the you know, campus workers research because it's like people don't even know she's thinking ahead, you're thinking about laborage, you're thinking about all the people in the grow all the things that people forget our industry because a lot of people are like grower, blood tender. It's like, well, there's a little bit more than that, especially when you're doing big grows. It's not like one grower, so the people don't know what they don't know.
Speaker 3: A lot of working parts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, growing on scales tough.
Speaker 3: And many people are wearing like multiple hats just to do doing multiple you know, half of the business operations makes.
Speaker 2: A lot of operators.
Speaker 1: It sounds like you wear multiple hats when you're when you were working.
Speaker 3: With I stay busy, so luckily being out in the field. I enjoy being out in the stores and seeing people and retail sales is always fun and gets me out of the office. But otherwise it's you know, checking in on accounts, wholesale accounts, and a lot of merch management, managing the apparel line and scheduling all the vendor days and getting all the promos together for all the visits, and you know, scheduling things like our launches and collabs with the Marley family we did a couple of years.
Speaker 2: I think that's why I say, was that at Tangent Gallery the four.
Speaker 1: Event yep, because I did not make it.
Speaker 3: That one was the fast it was good. Flavor. Flavor showed up so stage there. Yes, they had the leaf.
Speaker 1: Blower at that one. You definitely probably got.
Speaker 2: It was moked out, it was crazy. And I go to Tangent for like gigs and stuff. Shout out to the Tangent and great team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that venue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really cool to just see it like a like a heady way.
Speaker 3: Yes, he did a Christmas event there last year as well. That's our spot whatever something. That's whenever trick trick you know West host his events, that's our go.
Speaker 1: To go the next one.
Speaker 3: I will let you guys know. We'll get you guys. VI P for sure.
Speaker 1: Appreciate that that trick trick o.
Speaker 3: You guys know Willy too from back in the day, Willy Jay.
Speaker 1: So yeah, we ran into him. We actually ran into him in Vegas. Yes, we were walking yet he was walking. I think actually, was he a trick trick at the time or just it was Willy Jane some of his boys.
Speaker 2: I forgot, I thought, I do you remember because we were walking back.
Speaker 1: Like all your the whole team at different but thin we saw the trick trick at the bar at one time. We didn't say what up we saw.
Speaker 2: At the street because you can do that legally.
Speaker 1: We've tried the draft. Willi j used to work at the reef. Was any button?
Speaker 2: Yeah that's right, yeah, yeah, but I know he's not on the team, but that I think he might have been with them and it was just fixed on stuff with Willy.
Speaker 1: J I think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's the draft the past. Yeah yeah, so the draft head week group for Willy and that one Indica, two best Indicas and best high Bred.
Speaker 2: You know, the birthdays coming up my birthdays kind of days like I'll take that, like what, no, I'm playing? But do you know this rain on this the.
Speaker 3: Gen X on the the draft That is a wedding cake? You know?
Speaker 2: Oh? Cool? Okay, cool?
Speaker 1: I know that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was really curious what it was.
Speaker 1: Which ones you roll up?
Speaker 3: This is the looker at pipes?
Speaker 2: Okay, nice? I love that little fatty too. You rolle a really nice joink there, Like y'all can't see this, but it's like perfectly. It's a good joint, you know. I see why you want to light up with a torch now, yeah, Yang putting us a shame over here. Man, I take like I'm not gonna when I roll, but Dona and I like take my time, like it takes me like fifteen twenty minutes because I get lost and like, oh wow, look at that, like you know, and I just forget, So I take my time. So when you rolled that, I was like, oh shit that, sus.
Speaker 3: I was definitely struggling with this was it.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize it. I was like, damn. But if you're not watching on YouTube, you're on the Spotify or iHeart never Apple, go check out off the YouTube please, am, I can cast. Thanks you, it was fun. You can feel like you're more a part of it.
Speaker 1: Yep. And also tune into our Waking Baits every Saturday live at nine am Eastern. Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Thank you anyway, But no, I'm trying to think what else we wanted to talk about with you, Jenny, just I mean, anyone you want to shout out while we're here, you know, like why we're talking.
Speaker 3: I think we plugged in everyone.
Speaker 2: You know, that's a good point.
Speaker 3: We all we're all like innerwoven into this fan we all know a lot of the same people, so we've already I feel like, plugged them in.
Speaker 1: Do you have what do you have upcoming for yourself the rest of the year and going into twenty twenty five? Any plans with now be doing more content, creating any cool things coming out with Heavyweighthead you could give out insight.
Speaker 3: Into Really this big collab with Endarrett Blunt next week on the thirtieth, is what like this past few months has been leading up to beyond that. I have no idea what's next. It could be a collab with the next NFL player. You know, we have a variety of people.
Speaker 2: That were I like, they all do collabse Yeah, a lot of because he's tied with music and just like a bunch of people, so something he just.
Speaker 3: Knows people lie in order is the collab with the Marley's and that actually originally was their brand for more of like a movement to bring awareness of the healing powers of cannabis into the professional sports world. And you know, we've launched it with them and it's hopefully going to launch New Jersey. So I just I just keep going with the flow. We have some collabs with Cookies, Cookies where the genetics provider for in state of Michigan recently.
Speaker 2: And recently that has got to be new because I know that's changed a bunch of times. I can't keep up.
Speaker 1: Oh really, so now you guys are growing.
Speaker 3: The cookies, not all of it, but we have a collab so a bunch of our strains and in some of our new releases are available in cookies bags that have our logo on them as well.
Speaker 1: Oh cool out.
Speaker 2: What are the strains on that?
Speaker 3: We have Batshit and San Trope which are crosses of gelato and some of our other You know, we have all these genetic experiments that the masterminds, the owner operators in charge of and those are exclusive at Cookies and it's also at Cookies in Nevada, in California, New Mexico and New Jersey.
Speaker 2: So I went to school get your name everywhere else and.
Speaker 3: It's all just a collab with them. So I got to go to New York and New Jersey off with truck and Willy J. Pays a few weeks back, and then last week the Boss took Rohan Marley and his son YG Marley and visited out there doing guest appearances, doing events out there, And so I usually get one to two week notice for these types of things. So I have no plans on the calendar, but it might be called to go somewhere and guess who knows.
Speaker 2: Always see it j Biscon. It's definitely. It's definitely fun and worth checking out because there's so many events that go on around it where the bits the biz kind itself. I feel like it's just like a fragment of it because a lot of the networking is done at the events, you know, or the smoking section literally just in the smoking section, which is funny. When we first went, they didn't care about the smoking section. Anyone would go there and people were just in the smoking section. They wouldn't buy badges. Now just to get in the smoking section, you have to have a badge. Yeah, they won't even let you smoke like on the side, like in the smoking section, and let's pay for a badgecause they know because they know that's what they're the networking like. It's a great time, and it's a lot of fun and even like sometimes you'll see like people out there like trying to sell bags, or there's just the trap events. Trap events are inviting you like, oh like these cheap buds. Yeah, it was like a bunch of Cali weed for like sixty dollars. Ounces were like tras. So it's just like the whole culture kind of like rushing to one spot to just meet me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's funny to see the industry develop and mature at different rates different states as they've legalized it. Because I lived in California in two thousand and six and eight, two and nine, and then Michigan twenty ten, but then back to Kelly twenty eleven, and then New Mexico twenty twelve, and then Colorado inwousy thirteen and fourties.
Speaker 1: You've been around, you were They just went legal in thirteen twelve, So I.
Speaker 3: Got to see it go legal in Colorado and then in California and then in Michigan. Came back to Michigan and Huston's.
Speaker 2: Nice for just like the good Luck Churm's, you move around the states once once you're through all fifty and come back real quick.
Speaker 3: I'm ready to go to I'm ready to move abroad like Spain or Germany.
Speaker 2: Do you travel?
Speaker 3: I have not, but I just got my passport rende, so I'm ready.
Speaker 1: Nice, nice, actually to Italy here in twenty nine days.
Speaker 3: Yes, where to?
Speaker 1: I am hitting Rome, Florence, Tuscany, Milan, Wow, and then something Island. I'm blinking on the name of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have family out there.
Speaker 1: I have cousins in Gibrono. I have a Sorry.
Speaker 2: You're not watching the video. I love Vanage.
Speaker 3: No, no, I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Yeah I do. Yeah, yeah, we do, we have. I'm hopefully we're gonna everything will work out.
Speaker 2: It's like so where it is, Like you know, I was never like a big travel guy, but it's definitely worth it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He just went to Ireland this year for.
Speaker 2: Family stuff like that's I think it's it's very fun, like, especially what he's doing, you're kind of chasing down roots and it's just it's such a different culture shock when you go somewhere else and you come here, especially like again cannabis laws, Like I didn't ring we obviously, but I went there and my mom smelled it. I couldn't even smell it. That's what's funny. She smelled a spliff. She's like, smelled way, I had just smelled tobacco and it was literally a spliff. So I went up to these kids like can I hit it? And they were so scared you could tell. They're like, you just get a cop, you know. I was like, I showed on my hoodie. That's a tc on. It happen to be really cool dudes, you know, but but everywhere. So it's really just kind of a just to see. Like then we're having events, we're doing park like it's no big deal. So it's just like it is really cool. So I'm I, I am excited for you because I'm you know, it's definitely worth it. That's all I could ever say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and with Italy you can get if you have family there, you can get dual citizenship pretty easily.
Speaker 1: So yeah, we've we've actually my sister's been looking into it. Actually you look, do you tell me all about it, like you do the research, we'll figure it out.
Speaker 2: He was like, just let me know what I got to sign. How much money I'm gonna sign the check?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm married to someone that qualifies. So I got the Italian last name, and I I do research. I can help you. We can make this happens cool.
Speaker 2: That's cool. Well, thank you for breaking down all the heavyweighthead stuff and just talking about content creation. I mean again, I think I've pulled up a bunch but hot pot Jenny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, thank you so much for having me. It's been an honor.
Speaker 2: Oh no, well definitely. Lyas one more question, I just wanted to say thank you because I was like, I was just realizing, like, we're not we're not quite dumb, but we're like forty five minutes, fifty minutes, and I didn't even realize because we're just having fun talking. Yeah, it's really just it's really fun conversation. So I just wanted to say.
Speaker 3: Thanks, aciate that it's been a blast. I always like, I was worried i'd be nervous. This is the second time I've been on a podcast, and I had Patty with me last time, and so it was easier or a little you know, a little well more comfortable, a little more casual.
Speaker 2: But I feel like if Patti is like a lot of industry female support, yeah, person, that's the best way. I was like, how do I say this? I felt like that was horrible how I said it, but like I was just starting to say, like everyone relies on Patty and her lover or she's.
Speaker 1: Pink Sash Patty Petty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I definitely checked Pink Sash Society out. They're great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. Let's ask this question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, every guest, every guest we asked this, So imagine you're grinding up some Garrett, break it open. It did pack a punch, though, I mean the first one that I was coffin on it was pretty good, flavorful on that A genie pops out right and grants you one wish for any for anything in the cannabis industry. What would you do to change anything in the industry? Oh? Man, Yeah, take your time.
Speaker 2: Because there's so many and that's the thing, like we know it's hard to nail down one, but that's what that's the fun of the question is a lot of times we get a unique response, so it's a sale.
Speaker 3: Like I guess if I could like sum it up as like if I could free the weed for the world in whatever definition or capacity that means, Like I can't quite translate that because I don't know how to make that happen. But if I could make it happen, that is like, genie, make that happen, you know how.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, we don't even know the map out.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's I'm a genie and I take that as that means it's legal everywhere and everyone can grow the planet.
Speaker 2: I almost feel like that stigma is just a race. It never was stigmatized like that would.
Speaker 1: Be probably crazy.
Speaker 2: Imagine if we never had that stigma, never had these negative things, it would just be like tobacco, like it would just be maintained the same. This one makes you giggle. This one makes you like have a small bus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, it's like my vitamins or my coffee or you know, any other minor slightly altering substance.
Speaker 2: You know, it's not like yeah, yeah, And that's the thing.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 2: People always want to, like, you know, say this or that about drugs, but it's like, you know, like society survives off drugs, like whether it's caffeine or a sugar, like you know what I mean. Like people want to be like, you know, this is going to kill you, Like yeah, no, we're not really compared to the other things. I'm consuming, but that's legal.
Speaker 1: Improved.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. I like that response. I don't think we've had that.
Speaker 1: That's a good one because especially for traveling, especially for traveling. Yeah, you know, but yes, thank you Jenny for coming on talking to us. Was there anything else you want to mention before we jump off?
Speaker 3: I think that's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: I really have had a great time. Thank you for inviting me and have me on.
Speaker 1: Hey, no, thank you for coming on. This was a great, great SASH and it's always groovy. We're here to advocate, educate, and inspire. The next time you all is
Speaker 2: Assass