Speaker 1: It is the Minnesota Goodbye, good morning, Jenny, and well, I guess I don't know what time you're listening to this, but Hi, it's morning for us. It's Johnny and Bailey might pop on this. He's got a lot of work he is doing right now, but he might pop on this as well. Dave is gone today, so we'll just jump in some emails right away. This person says, Hello, my name is Haley. I love you all so much. I listen to you every day. I was listening to you guys talk about kids blasting music and parking lots to sound or look cool. I must say I feel slightly attacked.
Speaker 2: Lol.
Speaker 1: I am an adult and I still do this. So if you see or hear me blast in my music with the windows down and target parking lot, you just mind your own beeswax. Also, I've never wrote in and was wondering if you're still doing the stickers. I would love to have one. Thank you guys for making my days. Yes, we will get you one. I will send your address over to our lovely secretary Brie and we'll get that all set for you. Haley.
Speaker 2: Listen, Haley, I still blast my music a lot of times.
Speaker 3: Too.
Speaker 1: I feel like I don't do it in the same way as what I did in high school, but I do still go crazy.
Speaker 4: I do only when I leave musicals and then I drive home listening to musicals really loud. So then I always hope that someone hears it from and they're like, what's that.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh, don't mind me. I'm just listening to Anything Goes soundtrack.
Speaker 4: No big deal. It's really stupid. But I support you, Haley. I support you.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: I will also judge you.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is Hi there.
Speaker 1: I'm listening to Wednesday's episode and the kids say the funniest thing segment, and I have a couple to share. The lady a song Need You Now, So Lady Antebellum was playing on the radio. There's a part that says I'm a little drunk and I need you now. My youngest says, well, it's a good thing she's calling for a ride because she's drunk. You're right, yeah, you know what. You just go along with that, right right. The next one is a bit of a spin on what kids say, as this was something funny that my kid did. She's twenty seven now, but at the time she was three or four. She was upstairs awfully quiet, when suddenly she comes down the stairs with something covering her hands with something cover Sorry you wrote this with a grammatical area with something cover her hands up to her elbows.
Speaker 3: Oh, something is covering her hand.
Speaker 1: Okay, she says, mom, Look I found gloves. They were gloves, all right, to protect against STDs and unwanted pregnancy if you catch my drifts story.
Speaker 2: They were fresh out of the package.
Speaker 3: Strange.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, this comes from Nicole. That is so funny. Were her fingers like popping through the end. It's not like they're like actual gloves. Where your fingers?
Speaker 4: Stitt saying like, what how these must have been real stretchy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, these are malleable.
Speaker 2: Yeah four, Well maybe they were the excels you know.
Speaker 3: Congratulations.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, okay, let's see I haven't preread these, so we're just going with the flow here. This one says, hey, morning, crew, I wrote to you all back in January.
Speaker 2: But the email was never read gas. Oh my gosh, blame day of blame day. Yeah he listened.
Speaker 1: Dave does his best, but the man is not great at organizations, so he'll like read an email forget if he read it or not. The end up did leading it because he thought he read it, but really he just read it. He pre read it and then didn't read it on the podcast, so we'll blame Dave for that one. So this person says, today I woke up with so much anxiety. My anxiety isn't debilitating to the point I'm not carrying on with my day. But as I'm a single mom to two, in work full time, and life does not in fact stop when things become hectic. But anytime I put your show on, I am at peace. My soul feels at home and not judged. It's such a weird thing to admit to a group of people I've never met, but I love you all and thank you for everything you do that helps me throughout my days. Anyways, two random questions they have. One when you approach around and essentially need to take a right or left, do you use your signal Bailey?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Uh, well you should always be taking a right in a roundabout, so no, I don't use my signal because everybody is going right, though I have almost run into someone who's going the wrong way on a one way before, not that it matters whether or not a signal, But no, never, I never single signal in a roundabout because you're always going right.
Speaker 1: I think I maybe do when I'm first going into the roundabout, I might have my blink around for some reason, even though that makes absolutely no sense of any of the points you should use it. But no, I don't usually use my signal use.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it depends on what's lane'er in. But I know what they're talking about, like if you use your left hand to like continue going around the circle, but that it should depend on what lane you're in. Yeah, I've apparently thought a lot about the roundabouts in my life.
Speaker 1: Her next question says, if you are a social media influencer, which companies would you like to have sponsor you?
Speaker 2: What companies would you represent?
Speaker 1: I put, really, I love a partnership with something like ARII because they have like every outdoorsy type of activity of sorts that there ever was, and outdoorsy stuff, I mean pretty much. Any hobby is expensive, but like a lot of the hobbies that I do, if I need equipment or something for it, it's so expensive, So.
Speaker 3: That would be great.
Speaker 1: Like there's so many other things, but that's like the main one off the top of my head.
Speaker 2: What about you, Bailey.
Speaker 4: I would love to be a Disney influencer. I follow, like, I don't follow a ton of influencers. They're either like vintage fashion people kind of like a or vintage like home decor people, and those things are fascinating, And I feel like I have enough clothes that I could if I wanted to, and I wanted to try to do that, I could potentially make that happen. Sounds like a lot of work, so I don't want to do it, But I love like Disney influencers that are like here, I'm at the park and here's my like Mickey Mouse shaped ice cream cone, like and I'm going to take a picture of it and post this. And here I am walking onto Pirates of the Caribbean and writing Pirates of the Caribbean, and here's my face throughout the whole thing, and here's what I'm wearing at Disney. I would freaking love to be a Disney influencer. And they like Disney has some like dope ass like events that they send influencers to and really cool opportunities that influencers get to go on, like cruises and they.
Speaker 3: Get to see like shows movies.
Speaker 4: Early and plays early and walk red carpets and they're all just influencers.
Speaker 3: It just seems so freaking dope.
Speaker 1: It's very interesting how these influencers go on these trips. And I get it because there's a reason that they're going on the trips is to like show off whatever brand it is they're working for. But there's one thing I follow every year. I think they just started it last year. Do you ever follow the Tart trip that they do each near Tart Cosmetics or maybe yeah? Okay, So it's like one of the first like really big influencer type things I've seen where I mean you can win as a regular person, like I've tried to enter to win, yeah, to go on the trip, but they did I think Bora Bora two years ago. This passed, You're I don't remember where they were, somewhere in the Caribbean. But it's all these influencers and they just have these overwater bungalows like gorgeous.
Speaker 2: It's a pool party every day. It's all this product.
Speaker 1: But the trip itself, to me looks exhausting because it is just constant content creation, which is their job, and they're getting this and you might think, oh, poor them, they're on a tropical but like, honestly, if your entire trip is just having to record yourself, that's really not a vacation.
Speaker 2: It really is work.
Speaker 1: And yeah, you might be in a gorgeous environment, but the whole thing looks kind of exhausting. So when I see these influencer trips, I'm like, are they actually fun or they kind of exhausting because you're with a bunch of other people who are also trying to get content, so then they want you in their content.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can't like get like other people recording something in the background of your video, so you have to like always take turns, which seems weird. There's one girl that I follow who's probably the biggest influencer I follow, and I got her from like a Disney It like was a branched off and now she like everything.
Speaker 3: She's just like a huge overall influencer.
Speaker 4: But she actually has an assistant, so like her assistant is the one who's recording her doing everything, so like she's coming up with the ideas, but then her assistant is the one like shooting everything. I'm not sure if she's the one editing everything it does seem exhausting.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Then also, like this influencer is the most like beautiful woman in the world, so I'm like that must be rough.
Speaker 1: So yeah, a lot of those people do have assistants, because I know one girl she used to live here but she moved to Colorado. She had an assistant and then I think she hired another part time person when she was living here, and I don't I can see why, because like she was really on top of content every single day because she was a fashion influencer, so it was like just constant every single day, new outfit's showing off, all these things, and it really is like a full time business. And some people might argue that influencer is not you're just like pretty, but it's not.
Speaker 4: It's like actually a lot of due terms of work. Yeah, just like content planning in general.
Speaker 2: Who is Yeah. So that comes from Sarah.
Speaker 1: She's a massage therapist and she says love one of your seven listeners. Well, there you go, Sarah, sorry that we missed her email.
Speaker 3: Prior we love you.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's see this one says good day friends.
Speaker 1: As a single forty seven year old, I got nervous for a second and I just had to check that the wave was working because I thought I might have pulled the day. So sorry, squirrel. Okay, good day friends. As a single forty seven year old woman listening to Dave's math on ages, it's okay to date half my age plus seven. Ough that's almost the same age as my son, and honestly, it grosses me out. It's hard enough to find a decent, responsible man in his forties or fifty is.
Speaker 2: I don't need to mother some thirty.
Speaker 1: Year old h Also, thinking of dating a man who is closer to my parents' age, which is sixty eight than mine, grosses me the f out. The last thing I want to do is travel with someone who I need to push around in a wheelchair for him to keep up with me. Okay, I mean I don't know if like sixty eight is wheelchair time, bubby. And not to mention having sex with an old man, ick, I've had many men over sixty asking for dates or hitting on me.
Speaker 2: It's a hard pass.
Speaker 1: I'd much refer to age similarly as the as then you both can stay as fit or nonfit as you choose. You both could be at similar schedules for hip replacements. And having your kids step into care for you or just put you in a home. I get some circumstances may cause different levels of necessary care, like diseases and stuff like that, but just a ten year span on either side is probably my max. So the reason I'm single is my limited age bracket restrictions and me visualizing old wrinkly balls. And then they continue to go on and say no dart licking on that note, y'all are the best buy for now?
Speaker 2: That comes from Shannon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, Bailly and I don't agree whatsoever with Dave's math on the age that he could date at this point, but you know, to each their own, I suppose.
Speaker 4: I totally feel you that the like ten like being over ten years older, it is kind of like cringy and weird to me. I don't not that, Like, I know it works for some people, but yeah, I feel the same way like wrinklely balls situation. And my last like super long term boyfriend was ten years older than me, but he acted ten years younger than me, which was like a weird dichotomy that was rough in general.
Speaker 3: But like I even think so I've been.
Speaker 4: Thinking, like, Okay, maybe I should start using the stupid apps again and just like opening it up and being like, what's your age bracket? Considering having an age bracket as low as ten years younger than me, which is twenty four, I'm like, absolutely not.
Speaker 3: I would never want a date a twenty.
Speaker 2: Four year old No, because there's such a difference. Ran.
Speaker 1: I feel like at this point a good age maybe like twenty seven to twenty eight.
Speaker 2: Ye, it would be okay, it's been twenty four, Like, yeah, a.
Speaker 4: Low, very low end, twenty nine preferable, but like thirty one up, I'm like, okay, thirty and up. Sure, But then even ten years older than me forty four, I'm just like, man, forty four yeah, like I could potentially do it, but even forty four and thirty four is such.
Speaker 3: A like a huge gap to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they've lived ten extra years of their lives and they're more set in their ways, so I'd rather not. And and so my window is even shorter than yours? Is Shannon or Sharon Shannon? Yeah, Shannon, Yeah, my windows even shorter than yours. And I feel you there, but man, yeah, it's like, well maybe I should make it bigger.
Speaker 3: No, No, I'm.
Speaker 1: Good, Yeah, I think you're fine. I think you're fine keeping it not like super wide.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think you're at an age where there's still tons of people dating, you know, so I don't feel like.
Speaker 3: You doesn't feel like it sometimes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I can't speak for it because I haven't been single in a little while now. But if you're okay, so you're talking about maybe getting back in the apps, are you gonna have to refresh your profile from the last time?
Speaker 3: I seem so. Honestly, this one's kind of embarrassing.
Speaker 4: But like before I met my old boyfriend, I was on Facebook dating.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know that was a thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know it's weird, but like the reason is because it connects you with people and tells you who your mutual friends are.
Speaker 2: Oh, I have heard of that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's kind of like you're meeting somebody through mutual friends, And honestly, that's like the best way to meet anybody in my humble opinion, and nobody this is a hot take. Like no one introduces their single friends to their other single friends anymore, like period, So meeting someone mutually just doesn't happen. So like the Facebook dating thing is kind of like pretending that you're dating a mutual friend. Yeah, but like we were joking on the show earlier this week about the love is blind guys who all kind of look the same. Every single dude on a dating app looks exactly the same to me, they all look the same, and I'm just like, eh no, no, So mostly with any app I download, because then I also had like, Okay Cupid for.
Speaker 3: A while, I just do swipe left, swipe left, swipe left, swipe left.
Speaker 4: Eh no no, And I don't care if it makes me look like, I don't know, shallow and I'm being too picky or whatever, because it just kind of feels like a game on my phone where I'm like, no, no, no, maybe, And then it's for the maybe ones.
Speaker 3: I don't swipe right. I just close out of the app.
Speaker 4: I'm just like, well, maybe I'll come back to it at some point and look at this guy further.
Speaker 3: I probably won't, but maybe I will. I don't know, so are you.
Speaker 1: I'm just diving into this because we don't have many emails left. But do you think that you'll put then? Unless you have already, are you gonna put that you work on the morning show.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I said, I worked in radio Oka kind of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's a good it's hard to not put your occupation on a dating app, Like it's a really hard thing to just like be mysterious about what you do nothing all day. But at the same time, I do think that there is a level of when we work in radio, it's hard to figure out if people just want something from you or if they genuinely want to be your friend or are interested in you in a sexual way. Like there is a line that's kind of hard to understand sometimes, And so I would I would see where I would probably do the same where I like work in radio, but I wouldn't be like I'm Jenny on the day ride in.
Speaker 3: The morning show.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: Here's I mean with the show logo.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, I probably won't do that, Honestly, I doubt I'll do much with it in general.
Speaker 3: And I'd rather like meet people in real life.
Speaker 4: And I'm planning on talking about it, like on a daily baily in the next week or something. But they have that those pitch of friend events that I mentioned like months ago. Yeah, where you like do a PowerPoint presentation about your friend and I want to go to one of those, and of course the first one that they're doing in the Twin Cities I can't go to, but hopefully they'll do more. And I just want to go to be like a person in the audience to like hear the other people pitch people.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: But then also you're in a room with a bunch of single people, So like that's what I want to go to. I want to go to a room with single people who are all there because they're single, versus sitting at home on my couch with my phone and swiping like i'd rather not.
Speaker 2: Have you ever heard of the Date Night Podcast?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's they call it like the DNP podcast on like social media, I think if you want to ever look it up. But the way it works says it's kind of like a quick dating game. They always have one person featured and then there's three other people, single people that they kind of like interview and it's not like a blind thing. There's not like a wall between all the person gets to see them. But Andrew's cousin, she was actually on it one time, so we watch we just watch it on like Facebook live. But they do it at grays or other places or wherever, and basically they find someone. But I feel like those are also good events where you might find some single people because I've had friends attend them.
Speaker 3: Life happening here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so and Andrew's friend or friend his cousin is. He was on it and she's by and so she talked to guys and girls and she ended up picking this one girl, which I thought was the best because the guys were fucking awful. Honestly, I did not like them at all, but it did work out. She's not in a different relationship and so.
Speaker 2: Good for her.
Speaker 1: But they're always very interesting and I have a lot of single friends that go to that because it's just like a cool, fun thing that happens in many And I don't know what they do in the winter, because a lot of times they've always done things in the summertime, more so because they do it on like patios. Yeah, but I think that's like another thing you could check out, the Date night podcasting all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's it's definitely blown up.
Speaker 1: They used to only do it like once a month, like June, July, August or something, but now I think they're doing it much more frequently.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll look into it.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we will end with this email today. It says, Hey, Dave, Jenny, Bailey and Bond.
Speaker 2: It's Cherisse.
Speaker 1: I had to weigh in on the text messages you guys got two days ago about how long the lovin should last. As an experienced person, I have had a range of times with different partners. I think the longest I had to endure was four hours, Yes, four hours. I really believe this person must have taken a viagra or something, because he never finished. I was dried up and sore and begged him to stop. He did, and I could barely walk the next day. I never did see that guy again. The shortest time I've had was a minute also, and did not see that person again either. I think a happy medium is twenty minutes including a foreplay. Just thought to share my opinion. Love you guys, all right, And that comes from our girl, Charis that we.
Speaker 3: Ride up and sore. I'm so sorry, Charise, that's so horrible.
Speaker 2: I have had one of those experiences that before what.
Speaker 4: We didn't end up talking about on the show, because it makes sense why we wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like they're oh, you know, it goes.
Speaker 4: Until you finish, Like, oh, that should be the thing you should be trying to finish.
Speaker 3: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: I feel like the majority of the dudes that I've been with in my life just can't be done, Like they're just well, sorry, I'm above an age now where it's hard for me to be done, and I'm like, okay, great, well this sucks. Yeah, I won't want this to go on forever, so then it's just over. When it's over, yeah's just like, well, we're not going to reach to anything, so I guess we'll just go until we're bored.
Speaker 3: And then it's usually like twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: This is like a spicy question that you don't have to answer if you don't want you Bailey, but I I'll a through it for myself.
Speaker 2: Have you ever been with.
Speaker 1: Someone that you literally don't know if they finished, and then you'll keep going and then five minutes later they're like yeah, like I'm done, and I'm like, oh, I didn't I didn't know.
Speaker 2: That you did. Okay.
Speaker 1: Happen to me sometimes, and then I feel stressed because I'm like, I feel like you should be able to know, but you don't always like I will admit, even with Andrew, which he probably wouldn't love me talking about this, there's sometimes where I'm like, I don't really know if.
Speaker 2: You finished or not.
Speaker 1: I keep wanting to say a different one, and so I'm like trying to filter myself and he's like, oh, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Did a long time ago, and I was like.
Speaker 3: Well, why are we still?
Speaker 1: Like because he likes to, like, you know, keep going, and like like he doesn't like to go for four hours, so sometimes they like to keep going and like just go for around two or whatever right away. But I'm like, I don't know, maybe there could be a little break, so I know, like it's kind of like it's kind of like, okay, we just a goal, but you didn't put it on the scoreboard, so I didn't realize that we were up a point, you know.
Speaker 3: So anyway, we're up a point.
Speaker 1: If anyone else has ever been in that situation, hollor, maybe it's just a me thing and maybe I should know, But I swear like sometimes I'm like, I don't know, did you Okay? All right, that's gonna do it for the Minnesota goodbye Today, I get a little spicy there at the end, and it'll be the two of us. Hopefully Vonn will be able to hop on on Monday, but Dave will be gone Monday again, so feel free to send us some more emails ors if you we haven't gotten to yet.
Speaker 2: But the email once again is Ryan Show at ktiwb dot com. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.