Speaker 1: This is Dan Capless and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: George Roper filling in for the mighty Dan Caplis. He is preparing yet another big victory for his client on a trial. That guy cannot seem to stay out of the courtroom, which is a good sign other than when they cave and settle, which is what happened for his two week trial recently. Hey, listen, not my thanks to Kevin Grantham, he's the former President of the Senate for the GOP in the last hour talking about the Trump portrait, John Fabricatory, visiting professor of all things Immigration at the Heritage Foundation and former Ice guy to make us smarter about what was going on with the two escapees from that ice facility in Aurora, as well as the I love the part that he talked.
Speaker 3: About with the activist that is being deported that.
Speaker 2: The left has said, oh my god, the horror, and he described the history of what she had gone through.
Speaker 3: Brilliant.
Speaker 2: If you haven't had a chance to listen to that. I will go back to the podcast and take a listen. This hour got a special guest coming up here in a second. I want to set the stage for her. You may not know this, but I'm a prosecutor and one of the things that we prosecute are crimes against children. And some of those crimes, believe it or not, are people who rape children. And in the state of Colorado, if a person rapes a child but does it just one time, they can get probation.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's the law in the state of Colorado. But way it gets better.
Speaker 2: That fact remains true even if that rapist is in a position of trust. And when I say position of trust, I'm talking about teachers like the one that perhaps Ryan was speaking about during his show a couple hours ago. Groomers that prey upon their kids. That also applies to coaches. We've all heard those stories. Even members of clergy, parents, other family members. You can still get probation. Here's the thing. You have to rape the child just the one time to get probation. If you rape the same child twice, it's called a pattern, and then you got to go to prison. But here's the deal with the law. If you rape five ten children, but you only do each one of them once, you could still technically get probation. You're probably driving around your car right now thinking that can't possibly be right. Right, Like we send child rapists to prison, we do many of the times, but that is not always the case. So we needed a champion, someone to come in and fix this ridiculous law. And there is nobody who is a bigger champion for protecting kids than a supermom herself. She's from the great Douglas County that I call home, and she's on the phone with us right now. Her name is Representative Brandy Bradley. Brandy, thanks for joining us, Thanks.
Speaker 4: Shorge, thanks for having me, and thank you for your advocacy on this. Still I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Oh listen, you did all you and Regina English, by the way, by partisan bill that you guys offered. You guys did all the heavy lifting on this, and you didn't just throw a bunch of words on paper and send it on to be voted on by the committee. You offered stakeholders an opportunity to weigh in on this effort, talk about what it took to get to the place where we had this hearing back on Wednesday, March the twelfth.
Speaker 4: Yes, we've been stakeholdering all summer long, all the way through until Wednesday. You know, it was my pre file bill, and that means you're supposed to hear it within the first forty five days of the legislative session. Unbet to me, the Democrats were playing dirty behind the scenes, filing extensions without my without me knowing that they were doing. It didn't get hard until well past the first forty five days, and they were stacking the deck with criminal defense lawyers and public defenders who testified that this is not fair to criminals to have indeterminate sentences for raping children. Just not fair.
Speaker 2: Talk about the timing of when the chairman of the Judiciary Committee, Hobby or Maybray, called this bill to be heard, because in my opinion, as the outsider guy looking at this, and I've been in the capital billion times over the last twelve fifteen years, there's something to this timing that was designed to keep the media from reporting on it.
Speaker 4: Well, sure, I mean we didn't start. Judiciary Committee started at one point thirty and you know we had a bill before.
Speaker 5: That would have had all of you guys testifying on this, and we.
Speaker 4: Wanted to make sure that the rape victims were allowed to speak. And my bill didn't even start testimony until about nine thirty that night, went until three o'clock in the morning. Some people were trying to testify at one thirty AM. And I just want a disgrace to the victims of rape in our state. It's just truly, that is the most offensive thing to me that we've done to the people of Colorado because I've been the legislator.
Speaker 2: They were successful, though, and they're successful not only in killing the bill. And we'll talk more about the substance of that hearing, because I thought it was telling, but also in keeping the media from focusing really any attention on this beyond what we could do to try to.
Speaker 3: Get attention to it.
Speaker 2: There were four bills that day, and I remember, you're right, we tried to schedule this hearing multiple times and it kept getting bumped.
Speaker 3: I remember that.
Speaker 2: But there were four bills to be heard that that afternoon, starting at one point thirty Two of the bills had ten witnesses. One bill had two witnesses. Your bill had fifty witnesses. So who do they delay until nine pm? You and the fifty witnesses like, is this normal?
Speaker 4: Well, it's normal when the Democrats don't want to have blood on their hands from children being raped in the state of Colorado. And let's talk about the media. Why didn't the media show up? We put out all kinds of editorials we put out, we did i'm announcements. I tagged them in several of my tweets. You know, they respond Kyle Clarksons to respond to my tweets. So why didn't he show up? Why did he? He said that I hypothesize about his daughter being raped when I asked him if he would want his child rapists to go to jail, and he uses terms like that. They don't want to report on the Democrats. They're three little democrats who are you know, increasing crime in our state, increasing lawlessness in our state. They want to protect them.
Speaker 2: We're talking with Douglas Counties Representative Brandy Bradley, who championed a bill along with a Democrat, by the way, Legislator Regina English from down in El Paso County.
Speaker 3: Is that right she called Roado Springs area.
Speaker 4: Yes, she is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And you guys both gave impassioned testimony on behalf of this bill, and I remember listening to Representative english Is at the end too, before the actual comments by the committee members.
Speaker 3: But I got to be part of this.
Speaker 2: I got to sit in there and watch some of the hearing, but not all of the hearing. What were some of the highlight slash lowlights that you recall from that?
Speaker 4: I think there was a lot of low lights. I mean, I think the you know, not allowing victims to have their impact statement finally that have not seen their offenders go to jail and have criminal defense attorneys.
Speaker 5: Actually say that offenders.
Speaker 4: Would rather go to jail because probation is just so hard for them. You're talking about sex offenders of children. Closing statements from Democrats saying that they wouldn't wish rape on anyone, even their child rapists. They you know, because they're all victims, right, they all become victims of everything. That's what Democrats do so well, and that they wouldn't want their child rapists to be raped in jail. That's a life sentence for them. And I said, well, what about the life sentence of the child that gets raped? And one said indeterminate studencing isn't fair two people. One said that there's a higher recidivism rate if you tenancies people to longer sentences of jail, jail time. I'm just ridiculous, unfactual statements made by attorneys that are not protecting the children of Colorado. Are crime rate is suit the roof where the thirdly safe state? Where number four highest state for rape, ten highs for trafficking, eight highest for violent crime. And these soft on crime legislators continue to put the children of Colorado in unsafe situations. And it's discussed me.
Speaker 2: The comments that were made at the end, and I went back and listened to This was a long hearing, right, I listened, and I'll go ahead and say the names. I know that they're your colleagues out there, but Representative Lorena, I think it's Lorena Garcia, Is that right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: She basically gave a pitch for ending prison for any offender because she claimed that prison was torture because of the potentiality for rape within prison. And she didn't think anybody, under any circumstances she could ever vote to send them to be tortured. And I thought, so, I guess that's it not just child rape, but maybe murder, armed robbery, all these other assaults. Nobody should ever go to prison ever, because we can't have the victimizers run the risk of being victimized.
Speaker 4: Kurk, she's an abolitionist. She is going to turn victims into criminals. Essentially, she will continue.
Speaker 5: Down this role until people in Colorado wake up and get rid of these people that fill vacancies.
Speaker 4: Their progressive communists is what they are.
Speaker 2: There was a comment that I heard during the closing comments that are representatives get to talk about just how difficult this decision is. And it was the woman from Larimer and I cannot remember her last name, but at one point she says, I don't support this bill because I think it's going to cause more trials and longer trials because victims will be forced to undergo psychological exams. I went back and listened to it twice. I'm like, what are you talking about? I mean, you can't force a victim to get a psychological exam. And how would mandate reading prison for child rapists make trials longer than they would be already?
Speaker 3: Brandy.
Speaker 2: There were some comments during that hearing where I thought these people should not be em empowered to vote on legislation. They shouldn't be empowered to vote on anything.
Speaker 5: Well, that was a former judge, Cecilia Espinoza. I mean, most of these people are they're either judges, criminals, defense attorneys, or attorneys. So these are the people that are just ciding who gets to go to jail and who doesn't, and are deciding on public safety in the state of Colorado.
Speaker 2: There was another comment. I remember Maybury doing his comments at the end of this. At the end of this and if can you stay on for another segment, by the way, Brandy, absolutely, yeah, because I want to talk to you about some other things going on there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But one other comment that I'll leave before before we come back and take you, Maybury says, and I quoted him in an upcoming column in the Gazette. He says, I think that our system of sentencing is broken. I think child rapists have two short sentences in many cases, and I think the people that visit this kind of injury on kids ought to be punished.
Speaker 3: And then he also voted to kill your bill. I mean.
Speaker 2: You have to listen to it with alcohol in your hand to appreciate just how crazy this is I'm speaking with Representative Brandy Bradley.
Speaker 3: She's going to stick around for us through a break.
Speaker 2: We're going to come back talk a little bit more about this, some of the craziness from defense attorneys that testified before I did, and then we're going to get into what's going on with the rest of the legislatures. Stick around at George Brockler on The Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 6: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 2: It brought up Brandy Bradley because I was going to try to sing along with Journey because it's awesome, but then there's that like thirty seconds, you know, like Wayne's World stuff before you get to let's say.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm talking about, keep going.
Speaker 2: George Brockler filling in for Dan Caplis at least until they yanked the FCC license. At the end of this segment, I am joined again by Representative Brandy Bradley from the fight in Douglas County contingent and the legislature.
Speaker 3: We're talking about.
Speaker 2: A bill that I don't know of a more common sense bill that people outside of the legislature.
Speaker 3: Would go, How can that not be the law already?
Speaker 2: And it was a bill that would have mandated prison for child rapists because they can get probation right now, Brandy, when you sat there and listened to the testimony of the defense attorneys, were you struck by the amount of empathy they seem to be trying to create.
Speaker 3: When I remember a couple of them going, you.
Speaker 2: Know, it's going to be very, very difficult to talk with these accused child rapists about the fact that they may just end up in prison if a jury convicts them. And I looked around the room, like, what about the children they rape?
Speaker 3: You know, where are we?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 4: I think it was such a slap in the face of the victims that came to testify. It made my blood boil everything. I think I had to sit on my hands and tell you the truth, George.
Speaker 3: I think that there was something.
Speaker 2: If you listen to the comments between the Democrats on the committee and the Republicans, it was so night and day.
Speaker 3: I remember Rep.
Speaker 2: Kelti said, it blows my mind that we're even having to debate this. You know, soaper comes on and says the stuff we've heard here today destroys the soul, and it just kills your soul. But something and you and I have talked about this. Something that I thought was maybe foreshadowing for the future was Jarvis Caldwell, who says at the ends of his comments, I have no doubt that if this were on the ballot, it would pass easily. And I think that's probably true.
Speaker 4: Oh, I would say this would be a ballot initiative that would pass overwhelmingly. I think the people of Colorado when I tell people this that this bill was killed Democrats and Republicans unaffiliated, they are mortified. Not when you say, not only can you rape a child once and get probation seventy percent in fact get probation, but you can rape ten children, ten different children, one time and get probation. Let that be very clear, right, you can rape ten different children one time and get probation in our state. How horrific? Where do we live that in the United States of America ten children can be raped and their offender get probation. I have no words.
Speaker 2: Here's a fitting I think conclusion of this, at least I hope, and that is there are things going on behind the scenes that I think could lead to this ending up on the ballot. The great coincidence for us is. It will be on the November twenty, twenty sixth ballot, along with every member of that Judiciary Committee who voted against it. And I just wonder if that w make it a little more awkward to pitch their constituents on. Yeah, I was in favor of probation for child rapists, but I'd sure love to go back to the capital.
Speaker 4: Well, I promise you I will use every penny that I have to make sure our flyers in their districts to make sure that their constituents know that when we vote for our constituents, we don't vote personally. When Lorena Garcia says I can't stand knowing that my child rapists would go to jail, maybe be you know, suffer child rape, she's voting for the eighty thousand or so people she represents. She's not voting for her personal opinion. She should ask the people that she represents how they feel about it, And I guarantee you it's a dissurface of them and they would want her voted out for that comment.
Speaker 2: You are right, they are activists, so they are not representatives. Look, in the remaining time that we have represented Bradley, what is left of this legislative session. First, when's that day that we can wake up the next morning? Go, my god, they can't do any more damage. And what do you have left to try to accomplished between now in that day?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, we forty seven more days to destroy all of their horrific policies or make them feel the worst pain that they can ever bear in their lives. Long bill's coming up. We've got a plan to You know, they don't like sitting there, George. You've seen Chad Clifford on Netflix during the gun bill. And let's talk about that for a few minutes. Rep. Morrow On something's playing around her phone.
Speaker 3: Rep.
Speaker 4: Past Will doing color by numbers. Like when we're talking about defending your Second Amendment rights, the Democrats are either not in the room or they're playing on their phone. They're not representing the people of Colorado. They're stripping your Second Amendment right to buy another gun by making you jump through eight hoops and god knows how much regulation and these on top of it, and they're watching shows on Netflix.
Speaker 3: Do we know what show that he was watching?
Speaker 4: Well, maybe he should be watching a dateline or something like that.
Speaker 3: Do you have any bills left? To go through.
Speaker 7: No, they've killed them all.
Speaker 4: They made it when I posted on my social media account the five pediatricians that say it's okay to transgender kids. They publicly setified and I made it very clear to the people of Colorado. These are these five pediatricians that say it's okay to lie to your children. They made it very clear they were going to kill my bills, and they have done so since.
Speaker 3: Look one other bill you were in there when they don't. I don't think it was yours, but.
Speaker 2: It was the bill that said, hey, if you've been convicted of a violent crime within the last two years and you commit another one, you can't get a PR bond.
Speaker 3: And they killed that bill too.
Speaker 2: Like what I who should not get PR bonds? Who should go to prison anymore? I mean, this is going to become escape from New York.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, George, when we are at the third lea safe stay, we had told Californias to hold our biller. We had sold New York hold our beer. We had called Illinois.
Speaker 2: Hold our beer, will show you how to ruin a state in the city represented Brandy Bradley, Thanks for giving us so much time.
Speaker 3: Great talking with you.
Speaker 2: I will talk with you again in the county when we come back. Miranda divine all about HEGSEP and signal and war plans. Oh my, George Brockler on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 6: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 8: Mister President, you asked about lessons. I think there's a lot of the lessons flat of journalists in this city who have made big names for themselves making up lies about this president, whether it's the Russia hoax or making up lies about gold Star families, And this one in particular, I've never met.
Speaker 3: Don't know, never communicated with.
Speaker 8: And we are and we are looking into and reviewing how the heck.
Speaker 3: He got into this room.
Speaker 8: But I'll tell you what the world owes President Trump of favor. Underbiden, global shipping was shut down, Penfrick attacks months between them, are destroyers being fired upon dozens of times. President Trump took decisive back to the passion with his national security team, took out the head missile leader, knocked out missiles, knocked out headquarters, knocked out communication sites.
Speaker 3: And for once, as.
Speaker 8: We hear, as you all hear from every one of our allies, thank God for American leadership again.
Speaker 3: Thank God for American strength.
Speaker 2: George Brockler back with you on the Dan Kaplis Show. Unless you have come out of a coma recently or been released from a hostage situation, you know that there was some controversy that has blown up today involving the Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth, a chat on signal about some attacks in Yemen, and the unintended inclusion of a reporter in those back and forth. There's no better person to have on to help make sense of all this for us than the Great Miranda Divine. She is the author of a billion different things, including two books.
Speaker 3: You've heard of, called The Big Guy and Laptop from Hell.
Speaker 2: She has an accent that screams Biloxi, Mississippi.
Speaker 3: But she's here with us today on the Dan camplush ol Branna, thanks for joining us.
Speaker 7: I thanks, George.
Speaker 4: Great to be with you.
Speaker 2: Is it Biloxi? I think it's somewhere else. I think it's some other part of the world. Bring us up to speed. There's just been some stuff that has broken on. Laura Ingram, I know that Waltz had taken responsible. Can you bring us up to speed? What happened, and where are we with this?
Speaker 9: Well, I think that Mike Waltz appeared on Laura Ingram shown Fox just a few minutes ago, and he gave a pretty good account of himself. You know, I took responsibility so that it was a mistake. However, he still hasn't explained how it was that this rancid anti Trump journalist Jeffrey gold who works for the most hostile anti Trump rag in the country, could have possibly been on anybody's phone contact list that he could have inadvertently slipped into this signal group.
Speaker 7: I mean, it just beggars belief.
Speaker 9: And what Mike Waltz said was that he doesn't know Jeffrey Goldberg, that Jeffrey Goldberg's number was not in his phone, that it was supposed to be somebody else. And Jeffrey Goldberg did mention that there was another person with his initials JG who might have been intended to be added to the signal list, but that doesn't explain how this other person JG got to be associated with Jeffrey Goldberg.
Speaker 4: His phone number.
Speaker 9: And so what Mike Waltz has said is that Elon Musk has been brought in to do a deep dive on the tech and to get to the bottom of who actually added this guy to the group and how that phone number, if it was inadvertent, happened to get onto that person's phone or into their contact list. And now Mike Waltz said that he has full faith in the staffers that were involved, and because it wasn't all just cabinet members. There were eighteen people and half of them were staffers, So he says, an NSC staffers. Now we know that there are you know.
Speaker 7: CIA.
Speaker 9: And other Pentagon holdovers, some from the Biden There were about one hundred and fifty of them. He fired several dozen of them, which means there would be still some left. So you know, you have to be really very careful about this because you can't just write it off as a mistake and an accident and an embarrassment.
Speaker 7: Let's move on.
Speaker 9: I mean, nothing was damaged, nothing was hurt, but it just smells so much like those dirty ops that were against Donald Trump by the deep state in his first term that all of us who lived through that are utterly paranoid, and so we need to know. I think it's incumbent on Mike Waltz to let the public know who it was and how that happened. And we don't need to know what was said in the chat or anything else, but how on earth did Jeffrey Goldberg get into that chat? And Mike Well said that himself, he said, I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but of all the reporters in Washington or journalists in Washington who could have been in, he's a guy who's perpetrated the Russia hoax, who lied to the gold Star families. He's you know, the suckers and losers hoax, you name it. And he always manages to deliver these stories where they do maximum damage to Donald Trump. This time that hasn't happened. And Trump himself, you know, he was on air today when the cabinet meeting was televised forual time, and he let Mike Waltz say his piece and then he himself said he wasn't worried about it. And look, it was a very successful operation with the hoodies, and this is something that Joe Biden didn't do, and you know, the President showed strength, et cetera.
Speaker 7: That's all true, and it was a great.
Speaker 9: Operation and we shouldn't make too much of it, But it seriously can't be allowed to happen that the deep State and their sort of allies in the resistance media get to infiltrate like they have.
Speaker 2: I would like to know who the other JG was that was intended, just so that we know who was supposed to be part of this thing. I got a chance to listen into some of the hearing today by the Senate Intelligence Committee, and there was some grilling of all the people you can imagine that were there, including Tulsey Gabbard and Cash Ptael and others, and this topic came up. And as you can imagine, if you're on the far left, this was the greatest breach of security in the history of all texts. And if you're on the far right, they treated it as a little more than someone's Starbucks order, you know what I mean, like get me a VENTI? Where are we with the information? How big of a deal was this? As we try to figure out how it happened.
Speaker 9: It wasn't a big deal at all in terms of the information that was that came out. And you know, quite often journalists are given sort of heads up about, you know, if there's going to be the president going to a war zone, or if there's some military action going to happen, it's embargoed. You're not glad to say anything, but you're trusted, and so I'm not saying that Jeffrey Goldberg is a trusted person, but it's not unusual for a journalist. He says that he knew about the hood He attack two hours before it happened. I'm not sure if that would have made any difference. We don't know everything that was in that group chat, but we do know that at one point Mike Welt draws everyone's attention to I think it's called high High Up or the down low or something. It's another system where they should go and have a look at files and information that he's put there, which is the classified system. So he knew to draw a line between classified information and the conversation.
Speaker 7: That they were having on signal, which is.
Speaker 9: Convenient and is part of the normal way that they do business in the federal government these days, and certainly was during the Biden administration. Signal is now. You know, I speak to most of my sources now who are sensitive, I speak to them on signal or some other encrypted app.
Speaker 5: And signal is very convenient, and you know, it's.
Speaker 9: Much safer than having your text messages up in the cloud where Apple just hands them over willy nilly to whoever.
Speaker 7: Asks for them.
Speaker 2: I've used signal myself for the military and with some other military officers, especially when we go abroad and whatnot. It is a pretty secure method to communication. Miranda Devine, thank you so much for your time and listen. Do you have a big column coming out soon someplace that people ought to go to Regia.
Speaker 9: Yes, New York Post. My next column be on Thursday on the website tomorrow night, and I'm probably going to write about this topic right.
Speaker 3: On, right on.
Speaker 2: That's great, Miranda Devine, thank you for joining us here. Hey, when we come back, we're going to wrap up the show. A guy named Commissioner George teal about historic news today coming out of my county, Douglas County. Stick around at George Brockler on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 6: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 2: I'll be with you here until the end. Historic news coming out of my county, Douglas County, the county in the metro area. To talk about that news. One of the great commissioners. We have three of them out there. He shares the name of genius. Some of the best looking men in history.
Speaker 3: Share it. It's George Teele, commissioner. Thanks for joining us.
Speaker 7: Thank you counselor for having me on. That's a great topic to talk about today.
Speaker 2: Tell me first before we get into what Douglas count what is a home rule county?
Speaker 7: Well, the home rule county is different than the ordinary county in Colorado, which is statue to our county, namely that we really have to follow state law to a tee by being home rule, while we get to chart the course on how the county is organized, how we do business in the county, and quite frankly, it gives us quite a bit of latitude in our current legislative climate in terms of what laws actually apply to us or not that are passed by the Democrats in the state legislature.
Speaker 2: Now, listen, this has been on the books forever. There are only four counties in the state that habit that are for home rule right now, Denver, Broomfield, Pittkin, And well is that right?
Speaker 7: That is correct?
Speaker 2: Why why haven't other cour Why haven't other counties done it? And how hard is it to pull this off.
Speaker 7: I think the better question is why have Why did the counties that went home rule? Why did they do it? You know, Broomfield, that's kind of an easy one. They had a community on the border between Jefferson County, Adams County, and Boulder County, and they fought like, no, we're developing into our own community. We deserve to organize as a not only a city, but as a county, breaking away from Boulder, breaking away from jeffco and Adams County. Weld County, you know, Weld County was really a case where there was a lot of doubts in the county of are the commissioners actually working in the best interests of the people. So that was kind of a case where the people got together and wrestled control of the county to create a county government that was responsive to all the needs, balanced the what was at the time the big city of Greeley against what was largely a rural county. Picking County everything I've seen, they were kind of worried about the seventy sixth Olympics coming into the area and kind of taking over their ski industry for a period of time, which I'm sure, everybody can imagine that would be a big deal in Aspen. So it was always these as Denver the very first city in county, them asserting as really the only metropolitan part of the state, the fact that they were different, they were going to be different from a largely rural, row population state that Colorado was back in the nineteen twenties. So every county that has done it has seen a reason to make the change and go through what is kind of a nine step, very extensive process to go home rule. Today, we feel like Douglas County is becoming very different than the rest of the Denver metro and how legislation at the state level is just dominated by Denver and Boulder policies that really don't pertain to us. And so we're going home rule to give ourselves more control about how government lands here in Douglas.
Speaker 2: We're talking without Douglas County Commissioner, George Teel, you're right about that, but you're also right about something else, and that is that the Denver Boulder mafia there in the legislature has also tried to whittle away more and more local control as it can. There's a bill this session to try to make it so that municipalities can't have any different penalties, any worse penalties for crimes that they determined exist than the state does. And so this seems to me to be both a defensive measure to protect Douglas County from Denver and the like, but also a proactive measure to do things that we just think fit our careymore, what are some of those things you think we'll be able to accomplish as a home rule county.
Speaker 7: Well, public safety. Public safety is a really great example right now the sheriffs. Where as an oath, just like in my colleagues as commissioners did to defend the United States Constitution and the Colorado Constitution and then enforce Colorade of law. In home rule, our sheriff is going to be empowered to not only defend the United States Constitution and the state Constitution, but the charter of Douglas County. In Douglas County, Kellig Frankly, one of the things we're looking to put in is we can cooperate with Ice when it comes to immigration issues. And so this crime wave from Trendiagua that we've seen that you know, the liberal sitys all our conservative imagination. But now we're seeing actual convictions, actual charges from these really not just illegal immigrants, but criminal immigrants that have infiltrated into the Denver metro. Give us the opportunity to do that cooperation with ICE, do that cooperation with federal authorities, and enforce our immigration laws. Quite frankly, what.
Speaker 2: About Second Amendment stuff? I know that came up today at the press conference.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's really a poeporie of all these different gun control laws that the state has enacted. You know, some of them did not engage the magic phrase of that they were written for statewide concern. The easy interpretation is, well, then those don't apply to home world communities, home world counties specifically. And even if the state says no, this is something that is of state concern, well no, that's not how it's written in the enabling legislation. We can challenge the state. Now. One of the difficulties we've had challenging the state and court is that the court determines, hey, Dougos County atually an agency of the State of Colorado, you do not have standing right now as a home rural county. We will have no.
Speaker 3: But that sounds so good.
Speaker 2: To me, and I was going to say, Commissioners TiAl, sorry to interrupt you with a runner out of ten, but I was going to say, if you pull this off, and I think you will, and I'm part of this process at a different level too. I see this being the toothpaste out of the tube.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I see a bunch of other counties across the state saying me too, me too. Thank you guys for the leadership on this, and I know we'll talk about more about it on the radio.
Speaker 3: George Teal, thank you so much, my man.
Speaker 7: No problem, Thank you, counselor appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Hey, that is it.
Speaker 6: Two hours just flew by.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow Dan will be back
Speaker 2: In the seat it's been George Brockler Proud has punched to work with Ryan and Kelly right here on the Dan Kapla Show.