Speaker 1: Listen anytime when I'm going to work with the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: I downloaded the mp by my phone.
Speaker 1: I can listen whenever I want at fifty five KARC dot com seven.
Speaker 3: O five Here at fifty five KRC DE talk station.
Speaker 1: So I'm on Saturday.
Speaker 2: It was a pleasure seeing him at the Hoodie Memorial charity golf event, sending the golfers off, and I'm looking forward to seeing him on Wednesday for a town hall. Welcome back to the fifty five CARC Morning Show, Congressman Warren Davidson.
Speaker 3: Always an honor to join you, Brian, Thanks for having me on.
Speaker 2: It's always my pleasure and a terrific event. They raised more than one hundred thousand dollars for the scholarship program on Saturday at that golf event. What a wonderful thing that was, and great seeing all those folks out there, folks that voted for you, Congressman Davidson, and folks that hopefully, with your help and the benefit of it, maybe Republican Congress and Senate and Presidency might try to write the ship. I woke up this morning and saw nie K just tanked in trading the lowest or the worst single day of trading since the fall of nineteen eighty seven. We all remember that black Monday. Well, nie K with Friday's losses. Couple with this mornings down like twenty five percent, and then I look at the markets across the board this morning, Futures trading like the S and P five hundred and three percent down, Dallas looking a couple points down, Nasdak's looking at four and a half percent down, all across the board, reeling from the job numbers and the current economic numbers that came out on Friday. This is a global problem, and we may be talking about recession.
Speaker 3: Congressman Davidson, Yeah, look, there's there's reason for alarm out there. I certainly the bar market's hold up better, but you know, it's been a a little bit of a disconnect from some of the fundamentals we're seeing on the ground and some of the market performance. I think the bigger thing for average people isn't necessarily the stock market itself, but it's the underlying You know, what's going on in my neighborhood, and everything's gotten too expensive, and so when you look at that inflation, well, surely that's hit you know, the asset prices, just like it has your house. Things have inflated, and a lot of the reason is the distortion with the federal spending. So there are consequences for all these Biden Harris policies. You know, when you do the American Rescue Plan, the Inflation Expansion Act, and all this Green New Deal stuff, it has consequences. And unfortunately a lot of the rest of the world did the same kind of things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, without question, And you know, I guess I'd be remiss if I didn't observe that we have had a problem with spending now over multiple different administrations, both one hundred percent House and Senate Republican control, Democrat control everything in between, and yet nobody has the will to cut the spigot off. It just keeps getting bigger and bigger and bigger and more. I mean, the two biggest growth in jobs sixty five I think percent of the job growth, as poor as the performance was, went to government and the healthcare sector, just those two. And when you have government growth, that means well, spending growth from government.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Look, you're right, neither party is great on this. We didn't get thirty five trillion dollars in debt because one party's bad and the other party's good. You know, Republicans like to campaign, or at least not a campaign on a smaller, more accountable government. But if that was what we only saw Republicans vote for, you would at least see occasionally when there are Republican majorities, we would actually get a smaller government. But every single time it grows. So I'm certainly hopeful that we get some reinforcements in that will help us get some of this under control. And you know, sadly, it may take more pain and suffering before there's the will to cut anything. That's just the sad reality is when we propose anything that actually cuts, it seems like all the Democrats are opposed to it, and there's usually a reliable thirty to seventy Republicans that won't cut anything. And so you know, it's kind of this big government, big business coalition, But the big government coalition is big government Republicans in big government Democrats.
Speaker 2: What's your reaction to Kamala Harris now being painted as this moderate and all of these policies you know that she has, I mean, she wanted to do Medicare for all, was recently as twenty nineteen. She wanted an open border. She wanted a legal path to all the illegal immigrants that have crossed over the border. That's another one she's trying to walk away from. They say, now she wasn't even the borders are when we all know they all all the mainstream media labeled her as such. The administration even labeled her as such. I mean, can can we be whitewashed to this extent? Do you think this is really gonna you know that their efforts to repaint her as something she is clearly not are going to have any success. Congressman Davidson, Well.
Speaker 3: You want to say, there ain't no way, right, There's no way people are going to buy this. But then I go back to like COVID and people told everyone to be scared, so they were scared. COVID told everyone to not trust the science, but to go ahead and do all kinds of things that on their face were kind of ridiculous. I mean, we had a ten pm to five am curfew in Ohio. They're like, oh, yeah, you got to support it, and I'm like, no, So who knows? I mean, I hope that there are people that aren't naive enough to just say oh, if you told me to like Tamala Harris. Well, a month ago, Tamala Harris had a lower approval rating than the dementia impaired Joe Biden. Now somehow she's the savior of democracy and everybody. All this support is for her. I think it's manufactured complete, But then when they throw poles out there, they say people are buying it. She had the most progressive far left voting erect She was left to Bernie Sanders in the United States Senate. She wanted to no criminalize crossing the border illegally, plus medicare for all, including illegal immigrants. I mean, radical, crazy positions that are way out of step with the mainstream of America. And now because she's supposed to be thee and go to the general election, she's some reasonable, level headed person and all you have to do is pull up any clip of her talking and you know that's not.
Speaker 2: True without question. And yet the mainstream media is rallying her support and trying to cover up this record she's been hiding. Now she hasn't had a press conference or directly addressed any of these questions now in two weeks. That seems to me something that's got to end at some point. But Joe Biden was successful in launching a campaign and running a campaign from his basement during COVID. I don't know, we've seen it before. Maybe it will happen again with Kamala Harris.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Look, I mean it's a campaign, so you got to get her out and see her and you have people interact with her. But on the other hand, I mean, she's currently the vice president, and we all know Joe Biden isn't really sound. He was exposed in the June twenty seventh debate with President Trump and he's been in hiding effectively ever since. And in a way, you're kind of like, well, yeah, I mean, don't bring him out. We need the world doesn't need to see how week the leadership team is in the Biden Harris administration. On the other side, voters need to see that so they go out and vote. And you know, I think that most people are going to see through all this fake news. They're not going to buy this nonsense that somehow Kamala Harris wasn't the borders are we all know she was. They're not going to buy the fact that she's somehow reasonable on energy policy when we all know she isn't We're not going to buy any of this stuff, and you know, I'm confident in Southwest Ohio no one's going to buy it. Frankly, I think that Sharon Brown's probably more worried with Kamala Harris at the top of the ticket than he was with Joe Biden.
Speaker 2: Well, he has supported her policy positions in the Biden administration, of course, under Biden's presidency, but nonetheless these are left wing policies that, of course Kamala Harris presumably also supports, at least as demonstrated by her record. So yeah, he should be in trouble, and I hope he is. Do we know anything about Kamala Harris relative to foreign policy? As I stare at Secretary State Anthony Blincoln saying that Iran and Hesbala could probably attack Israel as early as today. I mean, we have basically World War three breaking out in the Middle East. Russia is behind it, Iran is behind it. Of course, we know about the weird geopolitical realignment of Russia and China and Iran and maybe even North Korea. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, and ergo, they put aside their differences in a collective unity to work against us. This is not looking good. Can we trust a foreign policy with the Kamala Harris presidency?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I mean, look, pull up anything with Kamala Harris speaking, and you really want her sitting at a diplomacy table talking to Shushiping or Vladimir Putin or frankly even allies. You want her to sit down with Benjamin Netanyahu and work out a plan. Mamad ben Solmon, he's really going to sit down and talk to Kamala Harris about how we can improve the stability in the Middle East. I mean, she's a terrible solution to any problem, and you know, I think people are going to see through it. She has been more supportive of Iran policy, as have Democrats ever since Barack Obama. I mean, and look, the reality is, what is the path back? It's the same that they did on the border in June. The Biden administration basically said, oh, yeah, you can actually deny asylum claims and tell people to stay in Mexico. Well, hey, guess what it works, similar to when Donald Trump had the exact same policy. It wasn't like a new policy. They went back to what worked when Donald Trump was president and in Iran, Operation Maximum Pressure was squeezing Iran. They were held at bay. They weren't expanding war in the Middle East, whether it was themselves or their proxies has Bla and Hamas. And now the Biden Harris administrations out there reaping the consequences of their Iran policy. So what would work? Tell Iran the same thing that the Trump administration told them, they all stay calm, or we're going to cripple your economy with maximum pressure again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which seems the antithos is the Biden administration just basically funneling massive quantities of cash to the Iranians. I really don't quite understand that, Congressman Davison, falling into the category of like the peace of God.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, what does Iran do? I mean, it's as predictable as gravity. They get cash, they attack Israel. I mean that's what they do.
Speaker 2: Well, let me ask you this, since we have now and I don't know where you are on funding for Ukraine and support of Ukraine, but it seems to me this almost foolish endeavor. Here we are, multiple years into this conflict, we continue to provide them with arms. And now only now, after almost three years or however long it's been since Russia and Vada Ukraine, we're going to provide them F sixteen's that they've been asking for for a long time, which have been delivered. It's almost like a Chinese water torture, if I may be so bold, drip drip, drip, slow drip of decision making when it comes to either funding or not, as the case may be. The Ukrainians, where are you on this, since you'll have a say in that, you know, congressional expenditures, since you have the power of the purse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean my say has been overruled all the time. I'm one of a handful of people that's voted for no dollars for Ukraine. And look, I mean, I'm sympathetic to them. They were unjustly invaded by Vladimir Putin and Russia. But the issue is the Biden administration hasn't ever laid out a mission. So I've got a bill called the Define the Mission Act last summer. It only got one hundred and twenty nine votes. Now it was incorporated into the National Defense Authorization Act. So the thinking is growing towards that way. And it makes basic sense. This used to be what Colin Powell called the Pale doctrine, is, Hey, before we get in a war, let's figure out what we're trying to accomplish so we can hold people accountable. Let's figure out how we would unwine this war. And people don't agree on the mission. And if you see what the Biden administrations sleep walking into a bigger war. Everything they're doing seems designed to expand the war beyond Ukraine and to escalate it. They won't take NATO membership, EU membership off the table in Ukraine. They won't engage with Putin. You would have thought that the release of hostages and captives held unjustly in Russia would be a point to engage with Russia more. And when Joe Biden was asked about that, he said, I don't need to talk to Putin. He has no interest in de escalating the conflict there, and in reality is that should be Our main interest is to make sure this doesn't expand to a NATO country.
Speaker 2: Well, and before we part company, we're going to do details about the town hall event you're going to do on Wednesday, but just very briefly, because all these various conflicts that we face or are literally involved in. Right now, we need to have a comment from here if I'd like a comment, if you're in the state of America's military preparedness. I know our numbers and recruiting are down, and I know we are struggling. I think to provide and do all these proxy wars while at the same time maintain our own readiness, it seems like a recipe for disaster. Congressman Davidson, you probably served your country. What's your perception of this.
Speaker 3: Look, leadership matters, and people are not inspired by the Trent commander in chief and the leadership structure that's been put in place under this administration or the policies. I mean, frankly, the people like me that in frankly JD. Vans that wanted to change their lives and join the military and it worked. You know, so many people all over the country have done that, free to join. You know, it really is an opportunity unparalleled in the country and just tremendous camaraderie that comes from it. You see people, you know, Korean war vets walking around with their head some of their military years or some of the best years of their lives, and it still is. The trouble is is that not only is the leadership bad at the top, the policies bad. We haven't done a good enough job of raising pay. I mean, it's not like the market forces are at work in military pay, and we've got our junior enlisted soldiers getting crushed with the cost of living. And so we tried last year to raise pay for junior enlisted guys men and women soldiers by over twenty six percent, and that's what they need to kind of keep up with where the market has moved, and unfortunately we get like about a five percent pay raise. So that's part of the fight this year is to get I'll shout out to Mike Garcia from He's a Navy guy, a fighter pilot from Los Angeles area, a Republican, and he really pushed this bill and I hope we get it done this year. That would help a lot with recruiting. I think the last thing is, look, people join the military to defend our country, not to defend some empire all over the world. We could even use our military to reinforce our border.
Speaker 2: A amenda that Connors Warren Davidson, We're going to be seeing it a town hall on Wednesday. Give him the listeners of details on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So Wednesday night at the Nathaniel Green Lodge over in Green Township, just outside of Cincinnati, we're hosting a town hall. We're asking people to go online and sign up so we have an idea how many people are going to be there, and it also helps with all the preps that we do. We will take questions from everyone. We'll hope to get to every question and if time permits, we will and if not, you know, we'll send replies, collect those questions and send replies, but really look forward to it. I like the Q and A format, so we're doing that. And then we're doing another town hall here this month with veterans veterans focused town hall, and I think Butler County Veteran Service Officers are doing that, but it'll be focused on veterans issues.
Speaker 2: Congress Warren Davison, I'll be there facilitating your townholl event on Wednesday, looking forward to seeing you as always and looking forward to the questions from the audience. Joe Strek will put the details up on my blog page fifty five cars dot Com between now and Wednesday. Keep up the great work, Congressman. I'll look forward to seeing you and good luck on the campaign as we fast approach November.
Speaker 3: Thanks Brian gad Bless you and all your listeners appreciate it. My friend.
Speaker 2: Seven twenty fifty five KRCD talk station. Emory Federal Credit Union my favorite place to bank and congratulations. They've been open for eighty five years since nineteen thirty nine, celebrating all the history and their accomplishments of the organization. Offering special discounts as well as public events, so you're not going to want to miss All can be found on EMORYFCU dot org. Get the details there throughout the coming months and right now one of the celebrations of the milestone, you can boost your savings deposits with a certificate rate as high as five point two percent for six months. That sounds awesome to me. Five point two percent for six months. Now, certain restrictions apply. It is a limited time offer, so that's why I recommend you head on over to the website EMORYFCU dot org. Animalist number four zero one zero eight seven. They're federally insured by NCUA and they are an equal housing lender.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station, the exclusive audio home of the NBC's coverage of the twenty twenty four Paris Olympics.