Speaker 1: Something you should go. Something you should know is brought to you by Genesisgoldira dot com. That's also something you should know. You can put your retirement plan. I'm the gold Standard. Learn more and get a free gold and Silver guide at Genesis gooldr dot com. Excited to have a guest joining me on the telephone right now, Matt Tugas. He is with Sue Empire TNR Coalition and we've got a fun event that's coming up tomorrow. It's called Tats for Cats. So yes, you can get a tattoo and you can support this organization. So before we talk about the event for tomorrow, let's talk about what Sue Empire TNR Coalition does and Matt, I'll let you explain it. You do a good job explaining what you guys.
Speaker 2: Do TNR, which is population control. We do rescue, you know, adoptions and pretty much everything in between. If there's a cat out where around the needs help, persistance, we're going to do whatever we can to help that cat.
Speaker 1: I love that. And the thing that's really neat you guys are out in the community a lot, doing a lot of fundraisers, doing a lot of different things for the Sue Empire TNR coalition, So you get a chance to eat people quite often. And one of the things that's cool. A lot of the times when people see you guys out doing things, you have cats along with you too.
Speaker 2: Don't you. Almost always these.
Speaker 1: Are cats that if people like fall in love and say I want this cat at my house, they can find a way to bring that cat home, right.
Speaker 2: Oh, absolutely, Yeah. Adoptions are the name of the game. That's you know, the more cats we adopt out in the homes, the more cats we're able to help. Every cat adopted out kind of freeze up space for another one and another one and another one.
Speaker 1: And it's not like you're going to run out of supply. There's cats all the time, and there's a need that's just growing and growing and growing. And part of what you guys are doing is helping to control that growth, aren't you.
Speaker 2: Yes, Yes, our big mission is spay and neuter. We're on track to, hopefully you I'll cross my fingers cautiously optimistic, we're going to spay and neuter about seven hundred cats this year.
Speaker 1: That is a huge number, man, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, that's between owned cats and T and R as well, and either way, as long as you're fixing cats within the community, that does help with the popular.
Speaker 1: Obviously absolutely and again Sue Empire tn R Coalition one hundred percent volunteer. It's a five oh one c three nonprofit. And again a really cool fundraiser is happening tomorrow, Tats for Cats at Red Arbor Tattoo. Let's talk about this.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, it's going to be and even if you're not into tattoos, this is going to be a fun event. You know, who got the artists there at Red Arbor. They all wanted to They want to do two hundred and fifty tattoos tomorrow. There are tattoos that come off with their flashes what they call so they've they've come up with about six or seven different pages of I guess it's custom flash because they did it for this event. And what that means is you got like six pages of all these smaller, more simplistic tattoos. Everything that I've seen for this event is either dog or cat related, mostly cat, but animal in general. You know, so even if you don't want you do want a cat tattoo, then you can certainly get one of a dog or there's there's a few other options too, but I don't know why you want to get a cat tattoo.
Speaker 1: And I'm looking right now on the website because if you go to Sue EMPIRETNR dot org, you can actually schedule your tattoo for tomorrow. Right now, agains the first annual tats for cats. And I see that, like the ten o'clock time slot is already full, and I'm scrolling through. It looks like our first opening is a little bit later in the morning, like ten forty five, And there's several openings later in the day that are already full as well, So it looks like people have already signed up, but there's still room.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, Like I said, we want to do two fifty. I think we're sitting right about eighty or ninety people signed up right now. We're anticipating a lot of people just walking up and do it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah. So and that's the cool thing about this again, it's going to be a pretty quick thing, at about a fifteen minute session, so you don't have to plan like a whole day. Oh I got to schedule this and I got to figure this out. And again, these are not going to be huge tattoos. It's not going to cover your entire back, like this is a cute little tattoo that you can do. And again, a lot of the funds that are being raised tomorrow for this event are going to sue Empire TNR. So it's a cool tato and it's a good cause absolutely, And again, this is the first time you've done this, so we don't know how it's going to go. But I think it's going to go well. And I'm going to be hanging out with you, playing some music, having some fun. I think it'll be a darn good time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so too. Yeah, there's going to be food trucks. I believe there was rumors of a beer cart just kind of hanging out in the parking lot there at Red Arbor. Obviously, like you said before, we always have adoptable cats with us, so if you're in the market for a kiddie and not a tattoo, you can still come on out see what we got. We've also, you know, I think we're doing a donation drive too, so food litter, anything that's on our donation list on our website, we're taking donations as well. So it's just going to be just a hangout day for the most part.
Speaker 1: I think it'll be a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: It's happening tomorrow ten am till six pm. It's at Red Arbor Tattoo and that's in Tea And I'm going to share all this on our Facebook page to make it really easy for everybody find all this. Matt, thank you for doing what you guys do at Sue Empire TNR. I think it's really cool.
Speaker 2: Thanks for having us on again.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it absolutely.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: The event is tomorrow Borrow. It is called Tats for Cats. All of the details at Facebook dot com, Slash Sunny Radio and Facebook dot com slash Sioux Falls News and Something you Should Know. Something you Should Know is brought to you by Genesisgoldira dot com. Put your retirement plan on the gold Standard. Get a free gold and Silver guide now at genesisgoldra dot com.