Speaker 1: The following is a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan, and you're listening to boost your brain power. One of the most common questions I receive is how can I lose weight? Now, I'm the type of doctor that's going to help you lose weight in a natural way. I'm not the type of doctor that writes a prescription for ozembic or these diabetes medication. There's all these celebrities and famous people and all these marketing gimmicks. Are you helping you with? Well, here's the deal. When you lose weight with ozembic or these diabetes medication, you lose eighty percent muscle and only twenty percent fat. That's very unhealthy. When you lose weight in a natural way without medication, just by creating good habits, you're gonna lose eighty percent fat and only twenty percent muscle. That's the way to do it. If you take the medication and you lose eighty percent muscle, then you're gonna become weaker. Your bones are gonna become weaker. Your heart is a muscle that's going to become weaker. Your intestines in your digestive tract or muscles, those are gonna become weaker. Your brain is going to become weaker. You're more likely to get osteoporosis. Okay, so you don't want to take these pills and lose all your muscle. That's very dangerous for your cardiovascular system, for your gastro intestinal system, for your muscular scale system, really dangerous when you lose weight. The way I'm gonna teach you, you're gonna lose all the bad stuff. You're gonna lose the fat, but keep the good stuff, all the muscle, all right. That way you ensure not getting heart disease, not getting diabetes, not getting obesity, preventing Alzheimer's dementia. I do it the right way. You got to create good habits. Now, I'm not the type of doctor that teaches you some diet fab right, So I'm not gonna say, Okay, I want you to do the keto, or I want you to do Atkins, or I want you to do paleo, or I want you to be a carnivore or I want you to be a vegan. I want you to do the blood type diet, or I want you to count calories, or I want you to do this percent fat, this percent carbs, this percent protein, or I want you to you know, go according to some blood work that you did. So what we're gonna do is just teach you how to eat normal, healthy way like they've done for thousands of years. It's just eating from the earth the way we've always done it, not from the factory. You eat from the earth. What do I mean? What do I mean by that? One ingredient? Foods? You want an apple? Have an apple? You want a piece of broccoli, Have a broccoli. You want a carrot, Have a carrot. You want an egg, have an egg? Want a piece of fish, Have a piece of fish, piece of meat, piece of chicken, a piece of turkey. One ingredient, Right, you're not getting things in boxes that list ten ingredients. That's not natural. You get it from the earth. That's the only way I want you to eat is anything that comes from the earth. If it's in a box or a bag or a can stay away from it. If it's directly from the earth, that's fine, And what I mean by that. No bread. There's no bread tree that you just get directly from the earth. No dairy, there's no milk bush, nothing in a box, no cereals, no oatmeals, no crackers, no muffins, no bagels, no pastries, no candy. They're all more than one ingredient. When you go to the supermarket, you stay on the outside, stay away from the aisles. Nothing good on the isles. It's not complicated to create these good habits. People come up to me and say, doctor Kaplan, what do you eat? And my response to them is I eat food. I eat real food from the earth. Anything that's from the earth, I'll eat. If it's not from the earth, I try and stay away from it. If I can't pick it from a bush or a tree or the root, not gonna have it. You gotta stay away from all the processed foods. How do you think they stay in boxes and cans for so long. I want food that molds. Mold is good, that means it's real. If you're getting food that could just stay in your cabinet for days and weeks and months, that's a little scary. And I want food that molds. Notice when you buy you know, organic food. It molds much quicker than gmo foods. You can have these gmo foods that take weeks to start molding. That's a little scary. I'd rather buy organic and know it's real. It's a little bit more expensive, but it's worth it. The only money I spend is on health, and that includes vacation, that includes buying organic, that includes my gym membership. These are all part of your health, right. We need to stay healthy and create good habits. So my first way to lose weight really quickly. It's not a diet, it's literally just eating real food. Try it. Your life will change if all you do is eat real foods, not rocket science. You just have to eat food from the earth the way they've always done it, directly from the earth, and get organic. Even if it's organic, there's gonna be stuff on there. So when you get home, get your foods, get your veggies, throw them in a bowl, fill it up with water, put some baking soda in there. The baking soda will take out all the bad chemicals. You just got to do for ten minutes, doesn't even have to be that long, and then pour out the water in the bowl. Wash everything, clean it off, and store it in the glass containers not plastic. You know, when you get it from the supermarket, make sure you store it in plastic. I mean in glass, not plastic, because the plastics leak into the food. These plastics are endocrine disruptors. Plastics will prevent you from losing weight. If you get rid of your plastics. If that's the only thing you did, you would lose weight. I had a patient she lost twenty pounds in three months just by getting rid of plastics, plastic water bottle, plastic food containers, plastic storage, plastic wrap. Got rid of all of her plastics. It's the only thing she did. Imagine if she did the plastics plus eating from the earth, then she would lose probably thirty pounds instead of twenty pounds. So start eating only from the earth. And a lot of patients are confused because they say, oh, they always read these things. Oh the foods not as good as it used to be, so I don't get the nutrients that I did. Well, you could just check your blood work. You don't have to guess you look at your blood work, look at your calcium levels. If your calcium levels are low, then you're not getting enough calcium. You're not getting it through your food. That's very rare. I don't see that often. It's very rare that I see calcium being low. I see vitamin D being low all the time. That's very common. We get vitamin D from the sun and most people are inside all day, and most people wear long sleeves and glasses and hats and they cover their skin. So of course you're not going to get the proper amount of vitamin D. Not in New York, not in New Jersey. If you're living in the Caribbean and you're outside all day, you're living by the equator. In Africa and India, yeah you're going to get a lot of vit in D, but not here. So we see that very common. But the only way to know is to check your blood work. So I have checked my blood work and yes, I'm vitamin D deficient. So yes, I do supplement with vitamin D. But that's it. It's the only thing I supplement. And you should only have one or two supplements. That's it. If you're taking twelve supplements and think you're healthy, you're not. How many people come to me taking oh, I take seven eight nine, ten, twelve, fifteen supplements, and they say I'm super healthy. I take all these supplements. If you're healthy, you don't need supplements. Do you understand that if you're healthy, you don't need supplements. Supplements do not make you healthy. That means you're not healthy, because if you were healthy, you wouldn't need supplements. You don't need supplements. That's why they're called supplements. They're supposed to supplement your deficiencies. But if you're healthy, you don't have deficiencies. I am more of a natural doctor than you'll ever meet, because I don't want you on vitamins or supplements either. I don't want you on herbs and homeopathic. So when people think natural, a lot of times they think supplements, herbs, vitamins, homeopathic remedies, herbal remedies. How about no remedies. How About you're not treating anything. How about you're not sick and you're just healthy, so you don't need to take anything. Taking melatonin to help you sleep is not healthy just because it's natural. Natural does not mean healthy. So the healthiest people are the one that take the least medicine, the least vitamin see the least doctors, see the least hospital visits to the least X rays, MRIs tests. Those are the healthiest people who do not see doctors, and that way you can function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan. You're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 3: Don't miss boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism, and strength by following the science and research that doctor Kaplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve. Called two oh one two six one two one five zero or email info at Kaplan Brain and Body dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with doctor Kaplan, or visit kaplindc dot com for more information.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power now. Currently, a lot of people come to me for anxiety, and people are stressed out, especially right now after the election, and then there's holidays coming up and people are losing loved ones. I've never seen so many people die recently. There's a lot of deaths and this is creating a lot of mood disorders, a lot of stress, a lot of anxiety, a lot of depression. But especially in this Northeast area, anxiety is an epidemic. And it's with kids too. A lot of children, young adolescents and teenagers and college kids are really having stress and anxiety. And then you have these mothers that are worried about their kids and taking care of the house and taking care of their husbands and a lot of stress trying to be a working mother, the cook, to clean, the wife, the mom, the daughter, the sisters. So a lot of these, you know, thirty forty fifty year old mothers are having severe anxiety disorders. And I want to help both. I want to help the kids, I want to help the adults. You have to take control of anxiety. It's not something that you want to ruminate on. And you have a paradigm shift that's important. And if you look for all the stresses in life, that's what you'll see. So what we have to do is have a paradigm shift. And it's difficult because negativity is five more five times more powerful than positivity. So if you are worried about your kit, all right, one of the things you should do is give them five positive feedbacks before you have some negative criticism. You know. So let's say in the morning and you say, okay, good job waking up and making your bed right away. That's one positive thing. And then you say, good job doing all your homework last night. That's two positive things. And number three, good job brushing your teeth in the morning, good job getting your backpack prepared for school, and good job getting dressed and looking nice and mean and washing your face and your hands. So I give good five compliments to my child. Now I say, oh, I gotta looked on your grades, and you know you didn't do as good as you should have on that math test. You know, we thought you should have studied more, but you said you knew it and look at your great So then we do the criticism there. But you got to have those five positive things first, right. You know, I'm dealing with my wife. Oh, dinner was great last night. And thanks for you know, picking up the kids at soccer. I was stuck at work last night. And wow, you look so beautiful. I love the way you did your hair. Thank you, Thank you so much for being such a great wife and so loving. And you are such a great daughter. I can't believe how much you take care of your mom. Five good things, and then I could say, oh, sweetie, can you make sure you yeah, you know, take your bras out of the bathroom in the morning. I don't like, you know, having the clothes all over the place. Then we could do a criticism. So you got to do five good things for one criticism. Most people will do five criticisms, five negative things and one good thing if that, especially with our loved ones where we get very comfortable with them, but they need to know the good things too. That's very important because when you give a compliment and you seebody and you see somebody smile, that reduces your stress and anxiety. When you give a compliment the person you give the compliment to, it reduces their stress and anxiety. And then if my kids witness it, it brings down their stress and anxiety. So when I compliment my wife, my anxiety reduces, my wife's anxiety reduces, and my kid's anxiety reduces. The person who gives the compliment gets help, the person who gets the compliment gets help, and the person who witnesses the compliment also gets a benefit of their brain. So start being the person that gives five positive things for every one negative thing. You need a five to one ratio. And when you say it out loud more powerful. Right, If you text message it, okay, that's good, but if you say it out loud, it's ten times more powerful than an email or a text message or a Facebook comment. You get the idea. So you got to say it out loud. And that's when you're talking about yourself too. Right, You got to say five positive things about yourself before you have one negative criticism, and you have to say it out loud. You say, Oh, I'm smart, I'm good looking, I help people, I'm charitable, I'm loving, and you know I should exercise more. Right, don't always have these things. Oh I need to exercise more, I need to lose weight, I need to make more money. You know, Start telling yourself your good things first, right when you wake up you say five good things, and then you can have one criticism. Right. That is a paradigm shift. You look for the good, you'll see the good. If you look for the bad, you'll see the bad. The mind is powerful. You see health, you'll be healthier. You see sick, you'll be sicker. You see money, you'll be richer. You see poverty, you'll be poor. It's what you believe. Your mind is more powerful than you could ever imagine. But you got to believe. Whatever you is. You want to accomplish. You want to have a better relationship, you visualize it. You want to have more spirituality, you visualize it. You want to be better at pickle ball, you visualize that ball going in. You want to get a promotion at work, you visualize it. You want that you know, office corner with the nice view, you visualize it. You want to lose weight, you visualize it. Your mind is powerful. You create that every day. Whatever you want, I don't care what it is. You know, you want a new bicycle, you visualize it every day. So I'm gonna get that bike. I'm gonna get that bike. I'm gonna get that bike. I don't care what it is. You want a new house. You visualize that new house. You want a new car, you visualize it. You want to get a raise, you visualize it. You create that. But if you start visualizing cancer, heart disease, Alzheimer's, you start thinking about that, you're creating that in your brain. Whatever you resist persists, So start going towards the stuff that you want. Now. Another thing for anxiety is distraction. The key to anxiety is distraction. So if you want to stop stressing about a certain thing that you're thinking about, change your scenery. If you're in the kitchen and then you're where you know, you're thinking about the election and who won and what are you gonna do and whatever it is, you're getting all anxious. Your heart starts beating, your mind starts racing. Change the scenery. Go get the dog, go outside for a walk, Go downstairs to debatement and do ten pushups. I don't care what it is. Go up to the bedroom, read a book that you've been into. Go to the living room, put on some music that you like. Go talk to your spouse, talk to your kid, ask them about their homework, a's them about their day. Like, distract yourself. If you can help somebody else. Even better, call your parents and say, hey, guys, I'm gonna come over. Is there anything I could get for you? The key to anxiety is distraction. Get out of that scene, get out of that room, get out of that conversation. Don't ruminate on it. You need to leave the room talking to yourself and saying Okay, calm down, everything's gonna be okay, you're fine, Just relax. That will not work, especially if somebody else says that too. You ever notice when you're stress and your anxiety and anxious and somebody says, hey, relax, calm down, that doesn't help, right, So you gotta distract yourself. So if I see somebody stress, I'm gonna say, hey, come on over here. Let's go outside. Let's shoot some basketball hoops, Let's go for a walk, Let's take a hike. Let's go play with the dog. Take them to the dog, run, throw the tennis ball. Let's go take the kids out to the park, let them play on the playground. Right, help others, do something for others. The key to anxiety is distraction, and if you do that, you'll function better, feel better, and live better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan more. When we come back from the break.
Speaker 3: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain fog, weight loss, or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases, that this is the show for you. Don't misboost your brain power with doctor Eric Caplan and you will learn natural, integrative, and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's stroke, autism, add concussion, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines, four posture pain, TBI, skin and digestive problems. Doctor Caplin is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health conditions, rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky surgeries. To contact doctor Caplin, you can call his team at two oh one two six one two one five zero, or is it his website ed kaplindc dot com.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power now. One of the most common questions patients ask me is how can I improve my energy. There's so many people with fatigue, lack of energy, low motivation. Now, how are you gonna boost your energy? Well, it all starts from a good night's sleep. If you're not getting good sleep, then obviously when you wake up, you're not gonna have a lot of energy. You need to wake up with energy ready to conquer the day. If you wake up all groggy, you want to press the snooze alarm, dragging out of bed, you need a coffee to get you going, which is the majority of people. That is not a good way to live. There is something wrong with that you need coffee to get you up in the morning. There's an issue with that. Your body has all the energy it needs. It doesn't need it synthetically, whether it's through coffee or red Bull or any type of caffeine stimulant sugar. We need to get our own energy from our body. It's in there, we just have to unleash its potential. So getting a good night's sleep is important. That's your circadium rhythms. Now. One of the easiest ways to get your circadium rhythms in order is using the laws of the sun, and all that means is keep it real simple. So when the sun's out, that's when you're active. When the sun's down, that's when you relax. All right, So all your activities should be done during the daylight hours. That's the way they've done it for thousands of years until electricity was invented. So your energy should be during the day. Your cortisol needs to be high in the morning to give you energy. Your cortisol should be low at night so you could get a good night's sleep. If your cortisol levels are high at night, then you're not gonna get a good sleep. Then you're not gonna wake up well rested. What things increase cortisol at night. Number one is food. Don't eat food at night. If you want energy during the day, you want four hours after dinner before bedtime. So idealistically, we're gonna keep it real simple. You want to sleep from ten pm to six am. That's your perfect eight hours of sleep. That's ideal ten pm to six am. Now we also want to eat eat from ten am to six pm. So we're sleeping when it's darkest ten pm to six am, and we're eating when it's lightest ten am to six pm. Therefore, when you're done eating by six pm, you have four hours before bedtime, so from six pm to ten pm, no food. We need to digest our dinner, We need to absorb those nutrients. We need to relax, We need to chill out and calm our brains down, so you get in what we call the rest and digest. We don't want to be high cortisol levels in the fight or flight, so we need to be in a calm, relaxed rest and digesting. So number one way to get in the rest and digest is to not eat from six pm to ten pm. Then you sleep from ten pm to six am. Now, not only do we want to do what's called intermittent fasting where you only eat eight hours during the day, which is the ten am to six pm, but you want to do intermittent electronic fasting, meaning electronics should be done by six pm as well. So if you got emails, you got work to do, you need to be on the computer. You want to sect your checks, messages, check your social media, the FaceTime. You want to go on YouTube, you want to go on TikTok, Instagram, whatever it is you do, just scroll in. I don't care what it is. But if you need to use electronics, Do it before six pm. Get everything done electronically before six pm, including television. You want to watch your favorite show on Netflix, do it before six pm. Do it in the morning if you want, but don't do it at night. If you watch TV at night, you're going to increase cortisol. If you eat at night, you're going to increase cortisol. If you read the newspaper and you're, you know, worried about racism and inflation and the election, and you're worried about the fires and the hurricanes and the tornadoes and the murders and the crime and the violence, and the World War III and Ukraine and Israel. If that's what you're reading right before bed, or if you're listening to the radio the news right before bed, or even worse, if you're watching TV. So then you're getting the light from the TV and the anxiety the news reporting. So you have to stop watching electronics at night. That includes your phone, that includes your computer, your TV. That's a paradigm shit. Most people work during the day, then eat at night, and then watch TV or go on to computer or scroll on their cell phone. That's the worst recipe for disaster. You're gonna increase cordus all at night. That's going to interrupt your deep sleep, it's gonna mess up your circadium rhythms, and you're gonna have decrease energy. So if you want to have more energy throughout the day, turn off all your electronics after six pm, don't eat after six pm, go to bed at ten pm. And now's the perfect time with the clocks changing, because if you're used to going to bed at eleven, now you could go to bed at ten and it's the same thing. You could literally go to bed earlier. So a lot of my patients with sleeping difficulties, I'm letting them know this week is the perfect week to start going to bed earlier. If your bedtimes twelve, now it's actually eleven, So just go to bed at eleven and bam, you just started going to bed an hour earlier. And if your bedtime's eleven, now it's the perfect time to switch it to ten. Take advantage of the stupid turn back the clock fall back, take advantage of it. I don't believe in it, but since they do it, start going to bed earlier. Your brain doesn't know what time it is. Your brain just sees the sun. But if you're inside, it doesn't see the sun. So go outside three times a day to get your circadian rhythms in order. Most important times are Number one, sun rise, when you go outside during sunrise every morning. Now you're gonna increase your energy because your brain sees the sun rising and it's gonna increase cortisol. Number two is sunset. So now if the brain is out, you gotta gotta go outside. Not looking out the window, so you physically gotta go outside see the whole sky for ten minutes during sunset. Now your brain sees, Okay, the sun's going down, it's getting darker. Now I'm going to decrease cortisol and I'm gonna increase melatonin. That's my pineal gland does that. So if I use the sun now, I'm gonna have more energy during the day and I'm gonna get a deeper sleep at night. The third time for ten minutes is in the middle of the day when the sun's right on top of us, twelve to two o'clock something like that. Lunchtime. Just go outside for ten minutes, roll up your sleeves, roll up those pant legs, take off your glasses, take off your hat. Let that sun ray get on your skin, Let it touch your eyes. The more skin exposure the better. Now your brain says, okay, it's twelve o'clock. Cortisol level should be the highest. Right now, all right, we got the rest of the day. We got to increase our energy. So you want to give your boost of energy in the middle of the day. You go outside and get some sunlight during your lunchtime, just for ten minutes. That's it. Ten minutes sunrise, ten minutes lunchtime, ten minutes sunset. Use those circadium rhythms. That way you'll get your deeper sleep. But if it's nine o'clock at night, you're eating food, all your lights are on, the TV's on, you're scrolling through your cell phone, you're on the computer. Your brain says, up, cortisol should be high, right now, get all these lights. I'm eating must be daytime. I have no idea where the sun is because all these lights are on. So when you come back after your walk from sunset, then you also want to turn off all your electronics. Right we said after six o'clock, no electronics. Also dim your lights. You could dim your lights at six o'clock and then seven o'clock did them even a little bit more, and then eight o'clock didn't them even more, And just use a desk lamp. And nine o'clock almost everything's off. Ten o'clock no lights. So get your brain to relax and calm down, and then you'll get in a deeper sleep and that'll increase your energy. And then when you wake up, exercise that boosts your testosteron, boost your cortisol, gives you energy. And then after you shower after your exercise, turn it on cold. Do at least thirty seconds of a cold shower. Then after you eat breakfast, go for a little walk. Don't go sitting on the computer straight to work. You need to walk a little bit. And then you got to do the twenty rule. The twenty rule is very important for energy. It's the most important rule. Every twenty minutes of sitting, you get up for twenty seconds, move your body, look twenty feet away, and then you can sit back down. That's the twenty rule. Every twenty minutes, you get up for twenty seconds, you walk twenty feet whatever it is, you move your body for twenty seconds, you look twenty feet away, and then you could go back to work. That's the twenty rule to increase your energy to function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 3: Jun't miss boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kamplin every Saturday from two pm to three pm. Learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism, and strength by following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve. Called two oh one two six ' one two one five zero or email info at Kaplan brainanbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with doctor Caplan, or visit kaplandc dot com for more information.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power. Now. A lot of patients ask me how can they improve their focus. A lot of issues with memory isn't actually a problem with memory, but it's with focus. For example, when you're meeting someone. My biggest complaint I get from my patients, so I forget people's names because a lot of the times it's focused, they're not focused on the name. They might be focusing on the next question that they're going to ask the person that they just met, Oh, how do you know X, Y and Z, But they're not listening to oh, hi, my name's William, Nice to meet you, right, So they don't focus on the name. So when you go to a party or an event, or you're at work or wherever it is, you're at social event and you're meeting somebody new, you have to go in and focus and say, Okay, I'm going to focus on the name, and I'm going to make sure I remember the name all right. And let's say the name is Joe, and you meet this person Joe, and you're gonna say, okay, Joe. First of all, when I meet you, you say, nice to meet you, Joe, So you're concentrating on his name. Then you're gonna repeat his name out loud, nice to meet you, Joe. Then what I do, which I think is The best way is I come up with an emotional connection to Joe. You know, like, unfortunately four years ago I lost one of my good friends, Joe Joey, sobado. I miss him every day. You know people say time heals, I literally think about him every day. In fact, you know, his anniversary is coming up. Wow, yeah, it's literally coming Actually it's now, it's gonna be five years. And so anytime I meet somebody Joe, it warms my heart and say, oh, Joey. I miss Joey so much. But I'm never gonna forget that person that I met Joey, because now I'm gonna associate it with my friend that I lost five years ago. Right, So come up with an emotional connection. It might be your mother's name. It might be your favorite actor, it might be your favorite football player. It might be even just a random thing like I met John in the bathroom right next to the John. So I'm visualizing, Okay, I'm at the John. That's John, right. It could be anything like that, right, or William. You know he's a lawyer who writes Will's right. So it's like, oh, that's the emotional connection there. You know, there could be a million connections, but you got to create that connection yourself. You know, it could be a song, you know, whatever, it is, a famous song that has a name in it, you know, you know, like Michelle. I love the Beatles song Michelle. So anytime I meet a Michelle, I start singing the Beatles song. You know. I met a lady who was walking her dog, Eileen, and then every time I see her, I start singing, come on, Eileen. So you get an emotional connection, but you gotta focus on that, and you gotta have purpose, right, You got to focus on your task at hand. And if you're already bad at focusing, you've got to make up for that. And you're gonna say, going into you gotta visualize. Okay, I'm gonna focus. I'm gonna remember this person's name or whatever it is. A phone number. I'm gonna remember that phone number that you know, I passed and ad on the you know building, and they had a phone number. How might I remember that phone number? Because I'm driving now, I don't have time to put it in my phone, so I gotta remember the phone number. So I'm gonna come up with, Oh, that's you know the area CODEZ. Oh, it's a two one two, I know the New York I don't even have to worry about that. And then you know the first three numbers. Oh, that's my U address of my office, or that's my favorite baseball player's number, or that's the year you know my dad was born. Whatever it is. You come up with some strategy to remember that number, some story, some connection, hopefully an emotional connection to remember those numbers. I don't remember how easy it used to be to remember people's phone numbers. And you probably still remember your friend's phone numbers growing up, but you don't know their cell phone numbers because you never focused on it. You put no attention to it. And so you've got to purposely focus on the person's name. You gotta repeat the name, you gotta come up with a story. You could do it. Your brain has that power. Your brain is more powerful than you ever could imagine. A good exercise to help with focus is listening to music but only listening to one instrument. Right, So you listen to some Beatles song but only listen to the drums, and you focus on the drums, and the drums will suddenly become very loud, and the guitars and the bass, they'll become very low. The lyrics, the voices, they'll become low. And the drums. If all you do is focus on those drums, they'll become louder, and that increases your brain ability to focus. So you focus on one sound while listening to music. Practice mindfulness. That's focusing on only one thing at a time. If you're at the gym, you're only focused on the gym. Don't text at the gym. Don't call your spouse at the gym. Don't send some emails. Don't watch video, don't watch the news. Focus on the gym. Focus on the contraction of your muscles, on your heartbeat, on your respiration, on the sweat. When you're eating dinner, focus on eating. Don't watch TV. Don't read the newspaper. Don't scroll on your phone. Focus on the color of the food you're eating, the smell, the texture. When you're at work, focus on work. Don't be making personal texts or calls. When you're reading a book, focus on the book. Don't have the TV on in the background. That's mindfulness. When you're having a conversation, the only person you should be focused on is the person you're talking to. Shouldn't be thinking about anything else. You shouldn't be doing anything else. You shouldn't be looking at your phone, shouldn't be looking at the newspaper, shouldn't be watched TV. You turn off everything and you look at them, and you focus on them. That's mindfulness, one thing at a time. Everyone likes to multitask. That's not good for your brain. It's not good for focus. People's brains are too distracted these days. The attention span used to be seven seconds. Now it's down to five seconds. It's going down to four and three. Our tensions are getting worse and worse and worse. So you gotta practice mindfulness for focus. There's good eye exercises you could do for focus, super easy. They're called no, No, yes, yes. All you gotta do is find a dot on the wall on a painting anything. Just look at it, straight ahead, eye level, arm's length, focus on that dot. You could just put a post note with a little dot and slowly turn your head right and left, keeping your eyes focused on the dot. You do that ten times left and right. That's a no no, and then ten times up and down that's a yes yes. And you do that three times. That's a good focusing exercise, focus on the dot, slowly turn your head right and left, and then slowly go up and down. Another good focus exercise, do a piece sign with your right hand, you know, like the piece two fingers. Then with the other hand do an OK sign, you know, where you touch your index finger to your thumb, make a little circle, and the three other fingers are sticking up. So on one hand you have a peace sign, one hand you have an OK sign, and you count to three, say one, two, three, and then switch it so the other hand does the peace sign and the other hand does the okay sign. That's a focus exercise. There's so many neurologic exercises that I can give you to improve your focus. But what you want to do is figure out specifically where the problems are, so you want to do neurologic testing. The best neurologic test is called a qEEG brain mapping. This is where you wear a cap that has electrodes attached to it and it measures all your brain waves. Just like you could do an EKG to measure your heart waves, we have what's called an EEG which measures your brain waves, your alpha brain waves, your beta, your theta, your delta, and it literally tells us which areas of the brain are not functioning well. And it will literally say you have troubles with focus, or you have troubles with memory, or you get distracted, or you have difficulties shifting tasks, or it's working memory or short term memory, your sequential memory or long term memory. So literally would tell us what parts of the brain are not working. Even if you have depression, anxiety. It'll tell us if you have balance problems, if you have inflammation in your brain, if you have a thyroid problem, if you have intestinal inflammation. Do you have low dopamine or low acetyl coling, do you have traumatic brain injury, concussion, you have pathologies, do you have having metal poisoning? This qEEG Brain Mapping picks this all up. It's normally five hundred dollars, but we're going to do a special for the first seven people that call, text or email. You could get the entire qEEG brain mapping for only twenty one dollars. And there's no radiation, there's no tube, there's no contrast fluid, no side effects, super easy, super quick. Take advantage of this offer. You could come to our new Jersey office our New York office. Give us a call six four six two two one six seven three eight. You could text that number as well. Just say you want to be one of the first seven people for the twenty one dollars qEEG brain mapping. If you don't want to do that, you can also email info at kaplanbraininbody dot com. As long as you say you're one of the first seven and you won the first seven, you could do it via email as well if that's easiest for you. Now, the next very important test is called a VNG videos deemography, and that is very good because that tells us which areas of the brain are underactive and which areas are underactive. So when you have troubles with focus, it could be an underactive you know, right frontal cortex where you can't focus, or it could be an overactive left frontal cortex. We have too many thoughts and too many distractions. So the VNG is great for picking up which areas are underactive and which areas are overactive. If it's overactive, you might have anxiety, you might have insomnia, you might have mind raising, you might have heart palpitations, you might have stress and inflammation and muscle spasm and pain. If it's underactive, you might have low motivation or focus, poor memory, depression, fatigue. The VNG is amazing at picking up these issues because it says is that the right side is the left side, which lobe, which is under, which is over and again. This test also has no radiation, Super quick, super easy. You just got to wear these goggles that have infrared cameras that measure your movements. They go fast and slow and up and down, super easy, non invasive, no radiation. This test is also normally five hundred dollars, but for the first seven people to call, text or email you can get the VNG for only twenty one dollars. The number is six four six two two one, six seven three eight. The email is info at kaplinbraininbody dot com. The third test is a one on one with me where we go over the EEG, we go over the VNG, We go over your blood work. We check out your memory, your posture, your alignment, your reflexes, your heart, your lungs, your gut, your balance, your inflammation, your eyes, your ears. We do a complete evaluation. It's normally five hundred dollars, but for the first seven people to call, text or email, you could get the one on one with me, yours truly, Doctor Eric Kaplan, and ask me any health questions or concerns you have. It's normally five hundred dollars, but for the first seven people to call, text or email, you can literally get a one on one with me for only twenty one dollars. The number is six four six two two one six seven three eight. The email is info at caplinbrainanbody dot com. If you can't come to our offices in New Jersey, New York, you could do a virtual visit. Patients love doing a one on one virtual with me, so they could do it from the comfort of their own homes and we can do it over Zoom or WhatsApp or FaceTime, whatever's convenient for you, where we go over your health issues, your concerns, and we come up with a program for you so that you can perform at optimal levels. If you like this and you want more information, you could buy my book Boost your Brain Power, a Guide to improving your memory and focus. You can get it on Amazon. Just make sure when you put in brain power it's one word. It's a picture of a big Blue Brain and if you want social media, you can follow us on Facebook Caplin Brain and Body. We also have uh TikTok Doctor Eric Kaplan. We have Instagram at Kaplan Brain Body and we have a YouTube channel which is Kaplin Brain Body. We have lots of videos up for education that are totally free where you can get a lot of information to improve your brain function through a process called neuroplasticity so you can function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you just listen to boost your brain power. We'll see you next week.
Speaker 3: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain fog, weight loss, or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases. That this is the show for you. Don't misboost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan and you will learn natural, integrative and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's stroke, autism, add concussion, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines, four posture pain, TBI, skin and digestive problems. Doctor Kaplan is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health conditions, rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky surgeries. To contact doctor Kaplan, you can call his team at two oh one two six one two one five zero, or visit his website at kaplandc dot com.
Speaker 1: The preceding was a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.