Speaker 1: Lucky Land Casino, asking people what's the weirdest place you've gotten lucky?
Speaker 2: Lucky in line at the Delhi I.
Speaker 1: Guess ah, in my dentist's office more than once.
Speaker 3: Actually do I have to say?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: You do?
Speaker 5: In the car before my kid's PTA meeting?
Speaker 6: Really?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Excuse me? What's the weirdest place you've gotten lucky?
Speaker 6: I never win?
Speaker 1: And tell well, there you have it.
Speaker 5: You could get lucky anywhere playing at lucky landslots dot com.
Speaker 1: Play for free right now? Are you feeling lucky? No, We're just necessary foid. We're gonna be my long eighteen plus terms conditions of place he wants every day.
Speaker 6: Else step into the world of power, loyalty and luck.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna make him an offer you can't refuse.
Speaker 6: With family, canoli's and spins mean everything?
Speaker 7: Now you want to get mixed up in the family business, Introducing The Godfather at champacasino dot com.
Speaker 6: Test your luck in the shadowy world at the Godfather slot.
Speaker 7: Someday I will call upon you to do a service for me.
Speaker 6: Play the Godfather now at champacasino dot com.
Speaker 8: Welcome to the Family vdW Group. No purchase necessary. I believe we're privited by loss. He terms and conditions eighteen plus.
Speaker 1: Lucky Land Casino, asking people what's the weirdest place you've gotten lucky?
Speaker 2: Lucky in line at the deli, I guess.
Speaker 1: Ah, in my dentist's office more than once. Actually do I have to say?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 6: You do?
Speaker 5: In the car before my kid's PTA meeting?
Speaker 6: Really?
Speaker 1: Yes? Excuse me? What's the weirdest place you've gotten lucky?
Speaker 6: I never win?
Speaker 1: And tell well, there you have it.
Speaker 5: You could get lucky anywhere playing at lucky landslots dot com play for free right now.
Speaker 1: Are you feeling lucky? Nope, we're not necessary for ware my long eighteen plus terms and conditions plus se Webster details. Hey guys, it is Ryan.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure if you know this about me, but I'm a bit of a fun fanatic when I can.
Speaker 1: I like to work, but I like fun too.
Speaker 5: It's a thing, and now the truth is out there, I can tell you about my favorite place to have fun, Chumba Casino. They have hundreds of social casino style games to choose from, with new games released each week. You can play for free, anytime, anywhere, and each day brings a new chance to collect daily bonuses, So join me and the fun. Sign up now chumbathsino dot com don't.
Speaker 4: Work at necessary by lost the terms conditions eighteen plus.
Speaker 9: You are now listening to True Murder, the most shocking killers in true crime history and the authors that have written about them Gasey, Bundy, Dahmer, The Nightstalker DTK. Every week another fascinating author talking about the most shocking and infamous killers in true crime history. True Murder with your host, journalist and author Dan Zufanski.
Speaker 3: Good Evening. Chad Spencer Keller, author of Beyond Avery, Road Vieweding and the Beast, joins us tonight for part two of his interview alongside Wisconsin Political Insider using the studium Wan test Crew. Tonight's discussion will detail the recent denial of Stephen Avery's new trial in Manitowa County as they speak about what happens next from here with defense attorney Kathleen Zelner going forward, Wan Testcrew and Keller will deliver evidence as to the importance why I all eyes need to be diverted to the politics stemming from Avery's two thousand and three exoneration and what was happening in Madison at the State Capitol during Teresa Halbach's alleged death in two thousand and five. Keller states the case is political, the deck was stacked. It basically became a bipartisan effort by both parties that leaves Stephen Avery in the situation he is in. One test Crew will be vouching for the severe conflict of interest that Keller presents in his book and hopes the two can shed light that Stephen Avery never had a chance to begin with. It takes us back to the thirty six million dollar question was Stephen Avery framed? Keller also exposes how the electronic monitoring of juvenile's law could have protected Brendan Dassy and released him the very same month that he was arrested in for his alleged confession on March first, two thousand and six. Joining us right now are my very special guest, Chad Spencer, Keller and Wan test Crew. Can their evidence expose a factual miscarriage of justice inside of the Wisconsin Department of Justice and free Stephen Avery and Brendan Dassi. The book they were featuring tonight is Beyond Avery Road, and the story is Stephen Avery Retrial denied. With my special guests journalist and author Chad Keller and political insider Juan test Crew. Welcome gentlemen to the program, and thank you very much for agreeing to this interview. Chad Keller and Juan test.
Speaker 10: Crew, thanks for having us on, Dan, thank.
Speaker 3: You, Thank you very much, gentlemen. In light of the development just yesterday twenty four hours, incredible timing for this program. Tell us briefly, gentlemen, with you first one, what is your reaction to the decision? Just tell us for those people that haven't been under a rock for a while, haven't heard this decision, tell us briefly what the decision is and what is your reaction.
Speaker 4: Well, the decision is made by a judge named Angela Sutkowitz I believe her name is, who is from Sheboygan County, which is the county along the lake south of Manitowoc. And apparently she's also had some other dealings with Stephen Avery or has said some things, so in theory, she probably should have recused herself from the case, but didn't. But essentially what she did was bar herniye Kathleen Zellner's motion saying that the evidence isn't justified to grant the new trial. I read her decision, and honestly, you could pull quite a few holes in it and of itself. A couple of the things were decisions that, Okay, I can see where you make the argument, but nothing as far as I'm concerned to where if I was a jury and that was that was her argument, she wouldn't win the argument in my opinion. But essentially it is lower court ruling. It's Zelder's corrected tweet to say, there are higher courts. It's it's not the end of the world, you know, Fortunately for Steve, it's it's just like anything. You know, if you get hit in the face, you know, unless it's by Scarlett Johansson or something, it's probably going to be pretty pretty unpleasant. And and Chad can tell you that that Steve is pretty bummed out about it. But it's not the final it's not the end of the road. There are other appeals. And she said in some number of tweets that she does have new evidence, new witnesses, and because the case was basically what the judge said was that you you can't use the stuff that was found as evidence before, it's not that much of a detriment necessarily because Zelner had presented the motion based on new evidence. So I don't know how far that goes to where they can attach the new evidence to the old evidence. But all in all, in the in the big picture, I don't believe this is going to hinder Stephen Avery's chances of being freed. And especially with the information that Chad's book has brought forth. You add that to the stew and you're going to have a pretty pretty yummy stew that hopefully puts the correct people behind bars. If that answers your question.
Speaker 3: It does, Chad, I want to ask thank you first, based on everything that you were that you've written about, were you surprised at the decision? And then what parts of this judge's decision, her argument against this this and for this denial, what parts were you surprised with? We surprised at this decision? Tell us what surprised you and didn't surprise you with this decision yesterday?
Speaker 10: Well, Dad is Manitowac County, so nothing really surprises me at the county level. What is surprising is that the judge was making small little arguments and just trying to beat it to death and just nitpicking any little thing to keep Stephen from getting a retrial there in Manage Wac County. But the zelder is going to try to file a new brief, she stated, I think before Thanksgiving, and it's going to go to the Wisconsin Court of appill It, which will be a better court for Stephen to have a retrial in. I think the play and field will be better leveled for him. But I mean, there's some things that need to go on before this trial takes place. And one of those things is getting certain people attached to the new appeal off of it.
Speaker 3: And who are some of those people that need to be off of this appeal?
Speaker 10: As you say, right now, the Assistant Attorney General Thomas J. Fallon is handling the appeal for Steven Avery and then Norman Gann, and these people were directly related to an affiliation with Peg Watton Slagger's political agenda at the time of this two thousand and five incident, and they just they need to be recused from this immediately.
Speaker 3: But is there anyone other than you officially calling for this and demanding this, and and if there is, how effective is that demand? How effective do you think that demand will be?
Speaker 10: I think a lot of Avery supporters. Won't these people recuse, but a lot of them and a lot a lot of people are still blind about Thomas J. Fallon being third in command of the entire state. And they see Ken Kratz as like the so called villain and making a murder of the prosecutor. But but Kratz was a fall guy. Kratz is absolutely and nobody in this case the person with all the power who stepped onto the scene whenever Brendan Dacy was coerced and become a part of the prosecution as Fallon Fallon Fallon was starting command of the state.
Speaker 4: And he's still in.
Speaker 10: Third in command of the entire state. And that's that's the real state power that people have got to get their mind grasped around to understand that he had the power to throw the match in the original trial.
Speaker 3: Let's talk to one and ask I want to ask the question about Brendan Dacy. Not everybody's up to completely on speed on what has happened with People have seen Making of a Murderer that first season. Surely people have heard that the confession has been deemed to be coerced, and we've heard about his mental capabilities or disabilities. Let's talk about what's happened in the summer and the fall regarding Brendan Dassy one test group.
Speaker 4: Well, essentially last summer, when Judge Duffin basically granted that rit of habeas corpus to Brendan Dacy, Brad Shimmel decided to appeal that within the ninety days. And this is kind of where I'm questioning Brad Shimmel because I do know that Brad Shimmel is a member of the Republican Party. And in the years prior leading up to the twenty sixteen election, in even twenty fourteen election, there were numerous instances and cases where the opposing party was trying to railroad his Republican Party. And to date, even though there were many infractions that realistically should have been looked at quite soon, he hasn't even looked at those particular cases that dealt with blows to his party. But he can take the time, you know, to to take some poor sixteen year old kid, and you know, appeal within ninety days, which is only three months. A confession where anybody who looks at that tape. Ray Charles could look at the tape and say, hey, at worst, you could say, you know, the kid, the kid was probably co worse. I mean, anybody with eyes is going to say, yeah, it's it's pretty blatant. But they took the time to actually appeal that they lost in the seventh Circuit by two to one. They took the time to unbomb that. And they just recently held a hearing where Laura and I Rider for a rider I don't know how to pronounce her name, and the young Lady for the Innocent Projects from that that Dacy was working with. They gave their respective speeches, so to speak, and you could tell that there were some judges who were quite favorable towards Dascy and others weren't. There are also, I believe louke Berg had a huge conferdict of interest with Jude Sykes. Yet these things go through all the time, so there's some instances within those instances that need to be addressed and looked at. But essentially the you know, that's what we're waiting on is for this panel to make their next decision so that we can go forth to see whether or not mister Dassy reigns victorious. Because if he raigns victorious. What does that mean for Stephen Avery? Is that a complete game changer? Are they going to say kind of what they did yesterday and say, well, too bad that somehow doesn't count. So this is going to be a really interesting turn of events. Quite honestly, if it wasn't so drawn out, it would make Game of Thrones and House of Cards and Orange just the new. But nobody be watching those shows because they want to see what these real life twists and turns have in the Wisconsin political system that has a little bit of a tinge of corruption. Again, if that answers your question.
Speaker 3: Has there been any comment from the producers of Making a Murderer to this decision but also to the assertions in this book.
Speaker 10: Chat As as far as the creators are concerned, A lot of them was helped out by Jerome Butden the Defense Council for Steven Avery while making this documentary, and a lot of them are still still It's a hurdle to say if Butteen was involved with the state or not. I have numerous facts that puts him in Latten Schlagger's pocket. Actually, But as far as the creators, I mean they jump started the creators beauty jem started the creator's careers and they're all sort of so so, I mean, it's hard to get any response back form from them just because of that aspect.
Speaker 3: You assert in this book, and we didn't get to it last time. So I'm going to ask you this because it is fascinating how far you go into this inference after inference fact evidence that you provide incredibly compelling argument in this book in so many directions. We talked about the Attorney General and her complicity in this and her connections. If you think there's corrupt police, well then who was in control of the corrupt police? You pose that question, But you talk about Teresa Halbach's last day and her connection pig Logenslager Loudenslager to that particular day and to Teresa Hallback. Chad tell us about.
Speaker 10: That Teresa Hallback had visited Stephen P. Smith on the morning that she allegedly died. That was her first visit to take photos for Auto Trager magazine. And what's interesting about this case.
Speaker 4: Stephen P.
Speaker 10: Smith's lives in the same area as peg Lautenschlagger, which is in Fondelac area, and her campaign manager for her actual Attorney General run whenever she campaigned.
Speaker 4: Todd M.
Speaker 10: Smith is Stephen P. Smith's blood relative. So on the day that Teresa is last seen alive by her first photography, first session that she does, she's actually visited a blood relative of her campaign manager. And now is what is so conflicting about this is peg Lautenschlagger has declined to speak for twelve years now on anything to do with the Hallback case. She'll speak that Gregory Allen in the nineteen eighty five Penny Beerstein case that there wasn't enough witness identification to prove Gregory Allan as the suspect of Penny Bennerstein and not Steven Avery. So she kind of protects Manitoia County there, but she should speak up for her whereabouts on where she was the day that Teresa Halback would legly died, because Teresa was in her own backyards.
Speaker 4: So to speak.
Speaker 3: Now with that, you would think that you are not certainly not hiding any of these facts. And you've been very vocal in promoting yourself and the allegations and assertions and the claims that you make in this book. What is the reaction from the Department of justice to some of the things that you said. And if there is no reaction, what what do you conclude from that?
Speaker 10: Well, there has been an actual reaction on ken Krets, we exchanged emails and and he told me that he was going to forward my information to Thomas J. Fallon, and would would be that I'd probably be in touch with if I released my book for criminal defamation. And we're talking like there's millions of supporters here and this is the state capital of Wisconsin, where Thomas J. Fallon's desk is, and he's going to forward information about my book straight to the assist the Attorney General of winsconsing. I mean that that shows that the information in my book is a threat to them, you know. I mean, I haven't heard anything else from Crats but on why it opened for whatever they want to confront me with in it? Because I would like to actually challenge them with a deposition, isn't it? Because But but they won't do that at this point because if they start releasing information about Lotten Slagger and Falins emails with Lotten Schlaggers, Beauden's emails with Lotten Schlagger, Crats, these Fastbenders, all these key people involved in these cases. It's gonna blow this thing wide open. So they're actually just writing it off right now because if they if they dive into it, then they're opening up a can of worms. And I mean, it's gonna be very bad for the state. And I'm just trying to get anybody, anybody in the media, anybody to to get Button Schlagger to answer the questions in this book.
Speaker 3: Absolutely one you talked about that this is not the end for Steven Avery and that there is some optimism, it sounds like from you for a federal appeal if I'm not correct, So tell us what you think those grounds are federally that they have this lake to stand on, what they will base or likely will or what you think is the strongest ground that they have for this federal appeal.
Speaker 4: Well, the strongest grounds, in my opinion, that they have is in a I think at two hundred what is it, seventy three pages in a book called Beyond Avery Road, because it exposes things that has nothing to do with what's already been sured out in the past or in the present, and it can make connections to where it you know, it itself will allow anyone reads it to say, well, there's enough reasonable doubt to say that that even if it's not circular is and all these people we were tied in which which I'm sure we'll get to before the end of the programs, but even one or two, as long as there's one or two, that that's all you need matter of fact, that that that's what happened. In the O J. Case, of course, is a little bit different. But the federal part of the appeal, which is the last one, which is what Brendan is is the is the hebeas Corpus writ And that's usually the hardest believe it or not. As matter of fact, they're not granted very often from my understanding, But more than likely what's going to happen is is the next appeals court will be the the kicker slash winner, because then after that it was constant Supreme Court. My guess is if somehow, for whatever reason, you know, our information does make it out there, which I can't foresee that happening because you know, quite frankly, we've got we've got the nuts hand. But uh, that will be where the real uh decision will be made when it comes to Stephen Avery. Just on what Zelder is presenting in her motions. But again with Brendan, Uh if if if Stephen Avery was was convicted on what Brendan's testimony was and Brendan's testimony gets thrown out, well that changes the game altogether. So when I said before that, I don't think it's the be all end off of Steven Avery. You know, it's there's a lot, there's a lot more on the arsenal, But as far as I'm concerned, uh, the the best weapon in that arsenal is exactly the stuff we're talking about, and it's exactly the stuff that's in Chad's book Beyond d Avery Road. Again, because you know, regardless of whatever it is they try to suppress, regardless of uh, you know who said what, if you've got documentation and if you've got trails that tie everybody together that say that this is a stacked deck, none of that other stuff matters. I mean, honestly, in that scenario, Stephen could have actually done it and still walk free because of the connections and the circular, roundabout way that everybody behind the scenes worked together on this to put Stephen in the situation he's in.
Speaker 3: So Chad, you talked about Zelner Defense attorney Zelner's approach with this, and we haven't talked about that, and that is that she has another suspect and she names another person of interest. Tell us who that other person that other suspect is, And was this, in hindsight a good strategy? Is this the way to go? Is it the way she must go? What do you think, Chad?
Speaker 10: As far as her suspect, Teresa Halback's ex boyfriend, Ryan Hill A Gas, he was never protected under the Denny law that was filed in motion during the pre trial. And it's it's a constitutional loophole where she can backdoor on the appeals courts by saying, hey, we have a suspect here and this correlates her. Her theory is that Ryan Hill of Gas is responsible for bludgeoning Teresa Halback to death. Now, now why I think she's going with that motive. If you take Brendan Dacy and he gets his habeast approved and he wins his case, then the state no longer has a smoking bullet. Because Norman Gan one of the people I want to I've been fighting to get removed. He in the original trial said we omitted the contaminated bullet fragment, and we deviated from protocol to make sense, and that was because of Brendan Dacy's confession. Now, if the confession gets returned over, then the state no longer has a smoking gun because Brendan's Dacy's confessions no good and it no longer puts the two in the garage with shooting Teresa in the head as the state alleged in the first trial. So then Zeldner can can provide the information that for reasonable doubt, and she doesn't have to prove that this ex boyfriends to kill her. All she has to do is provide reasonable doubt that Teresa was bludging to death. And when you no longer have a smoking gun because the state bullet isn't collaborated by Brendan's testimony anymore, then then the state can't use that piece of evidence so that that establishes reasonable doubt that he said could have been bludgeoned to death by Ryan hill Gas. It's a very good move on her behalf, because I mean Falling and the prosecution team they kind of sewed this thing up and exhausted every appeal they could think of during the original trial and there's just one loophole that they didn't think about, and that was the Denny didn't protect the ex boyfriend. So Elenor is using that angle here, which is an actual it's a it's a brilliant angle to go through. Me personally, I've done a lot of research on Ryan, I mean, as far as him being the killer. If he worked with the police in this, he could be the killer. But we'll have to leave that for Zelener and her experts to establish that.
Speaker 3: Now you talked to vote. If Brandon Brandon Dassi is his confession is thrown out, but if he talks with it, there is another retrial, we'll say so. So we're talking about what happens. If you're talking about the state, in the power of the state so far to transform this innocent person into a guilty person and do all this stuff, all this incredible behind the scenes stuff, why would it not be continuing. So it sounds like you're optimistic that there could be some things, But isn't rend and Dassy isn't he vulnerable to being able to be retried again? And if the state already has this intention to do what they've done so far, according to you, Chad and one, then why not continue.
Speaker 11: With that.
Speaker 10: Well as far as Dassy being retried anywhere for the higher course to determine, I mean, I can't make that determination. That be for the courts. As far as the Attorney General and assist Attorney General Fallon and Shimmel, they both share an office and Fallon worked with Peg and Fallon. I believe is Dup and Shimmel to to process everything politically and in the judicial system to not let any of these people get retried, because if any of this evidence comes to light, I mean, it's it's a rug sweep they've been They've been trying to sweep it and sweep it and sweep it. I mean, and and this has it. This hasn't just gone on through Simmel's current attorney general. This went on with with the Attorney General Van Hale Holland who who preceded Lutton Slagger and the succeeded Ltten Slagger and then Shimmel succeeded him. This is Avery's third appeal here, and and that they don't want any of this going to court. I mean, these people were given awards at the end of this trial. The person who allegedly coerced. Brendan Dacy was given an award Fastbender. Norman Gan is now considered the pioneer of DNA and Wisconsin for for submitting uh contaminated bullet fragment. I mean, you know, this is this is absurd that all these people get these awards, and as far as any retrials or anything, if they ever happened, the information of everything that circulates in my book, there's so many facts that just show that everyone was connected in a bipartisan effort to railroad Stephen. I mean, it's it's kind of it's just it just blows your mind when you get to see see how many people were working together on this that had a political agenda. And to me, this entire thing is a political conviction. And that's why Attorney General Schimmel, an assist Attorney General Fallon, will not allow any of this to go to go to a new trial because they want to prevent that.
Speaker 4: I mean, in fact, this entire case, and this is my opinion, this entire case is about that. Chad just mentioned how ken Kratz was saying that he's going to pass this on to Fallon and yet nothing's happened. Well, why well, because if he decides to open a court case and defamation, that means it opens up everything to be scrutinized. That's the one thing they don't want. And if you think about what happened way back when, right before this happened, everybody except for two people were to posed the Dennis Bugel who was the DA and Sheriff Tom caasurk Okay and nobody. And this is this is where I really start to question the motive because a lot of you had mentioned in your intro it's a thirty six million dollar question. Well, me, knowing about the way politics runs, Wisconsin's got a pretty much a balanced budget. But the Department of Transportation was the reason, the main reason that Wisconsin's budget, which is supposed to be passed in June, didn't get passed until just recently a couple of weeks ago. Yeah, the Department of Transportation has got a budget shortfall of nine hundred and thirty nine million dollars. It's about almost a billion dollars. Thirty six million dollars is a sneeze to bureaucrat So when people say, okay, it was about the money, sure, perhaps, but the one thing the one thing that absolutely stopped when Stephen Avery got arrested. Okay, and Sea I can tell you all about that on how the gun charge turned into something else because of where the evidence was stored in Manatawa. But the one thing that stopped was that instigation. And if anybody ever watches, better call Saul. The ex Philly cop Mike German. Trout says, you know what a cop fears most. It's not getting shot, it's not getting killed in the line of duty. It's prison.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 4: You threaten a cop with that, you make him dangerous. When that investigation stopped, everything that we might have found out didn't see the light of day until this day hasn't seen the light of day. So that's why Shimmel and everybody doesn't want this out. That's why Fallen doesn't want this out. That's why anybody, you know, Foullen with the defamation case, nobody wants to open this can of worms. They all want it to just go away. So it screams the question what is it? And then you add that with everything you find in Chad's book on how beauty is tied to Lautenschlagger and everybody's tied to everybody else. You have to really wonder what is it, What is it that hasn't been found, What is it that hasn't been investigated, And what is it that they are hiding so bad that they're willing to keep an innocent you know, mentally challenge boy who's never even voted once in his life, probably never driven a car, to keep that man in jail until he's fifty years old to hide what so the chance of this stuff being seeing the light of day on an accord other than people getting behind us and you know, signing that petition to get these guys removed. You know that's going to be the real kicker.
Speaker 6: Step into the world of power, loyalty and luck.
Speaker 7: I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse.
Speaker 6: With family, canoli's and spins mean everything?
Speaker 7: Now you want to get mixed up in the family business.
Speaker 6: Introducing the Godfather at Champa Casino dot com. Test your luck in the shadowy world at the Godfather slot.
Speaker 7: Some day I will call upon you to do a service for me.
Speaker 6: Play the Godfather now at Chumpa Casino dot com.
Speaker 8: Welcome to the Family vdW Group. No purchase necessary. I believe we're pribited by low see Terms and Conditions eighteen plus.
Speaker 2: With the Lucky land Slots, you can get lucky just about anywhere.
Speaker 11: It's your captain speaking. We've got clear runway and the weather's fine, but we're just going to circle up here a while and get lucky. Oh no, nothing like that. It's just these cash prizes add up quick. So I suggest you sit back, keep your trade table up right, and start getting lucky.
Speaker 2: Pay for free at Lucky landslots dot com. Are you feeling lucky? No purchase necessary void. We're prohibited by law eighteen plus. Terms and conditions apply. See website for details.
Speaker 3: To this Chad. You make assertions in here. We talked about Haulback and the inference that she was connected with people that were handling her, and you make inferences in the book. And I'll just just say that some of the things that you say about peg Lautenschlager being involved with this and the state of Teresa Hallback, you have some theories and you have you put out the idea that Teresa Hallback may have had some other reason to die that day when we talked about the alleged murder we talk about in the introduction. So Chad, let's just have it. What are you trying to say? What do you say regarding Teresa hallback her death? What do you have to say?
Speaker 10: Well, it goes back to when Teresa leaves Fonde leg that morning. The only person that really knows what times she's going to even arrive into manutwak okay. Stephen knows when she's gonna get Stephen knows when she's there, when she's there, but he doesn't know what time he's coming. But the person who can best give an estimate time for her rival is the person who sees her after that first appointment, which is Stephen P.
Speaker 4: Smith's.
Speaker 10: So if he if she's leaving his property and his blood relative is odd M. Smith's is todd En Smith. And that's Lattenschlagger's campaign manager for her attorney general run. And and he's board he's a member of the fund Elect board. And I mean there's a really tight knit political group right there. It just goes to show that Lattenschlagger's own political agenda and the people involved in it knew exactly when she left fond Elect. And what in the in the book, I give several incidents to inferences to Teresa Hallback being terminally ill. And I think this process was kind of sped up. I left a lot of people out of it personally for civil litigations and and kind of introduced the terminal illness so no one could really charge me any litigation stuff about just saying, hey, you're saying that I killed her, and I'm gonna sue you the eternal illness references that I'm making the book. I mean, there's some solid facts there, but I still think that whatever happened was complications between Fonde lact and managed after after she left Stephen Avery's house, and then it was just picked up on you know, there's a report that says her her car was impounded, her Toyota RAB four was impounded on on the third of November, but then they say that they found it on the fifth on the Avery salvage yard. And I think a lot of those reports are just moved from the third up to the fifth and they kind of just change over the names. So whatever happened to Teresa when she left Manutchwac, she left lautenschlaggers On backyard to begin with, and that would be the people that would have the information on what time she was gonna be in manutchwauc and is just really discerning because Lautenschlager has kept quiet about this for twelve years and Teresa is visiting the blood relative of her own campaign manager.
Speaker 3: Incredible. We're gonna use this gentleman as an opportunity to talk just for a second about our sponsor for this program, Blue Apron. Blue Apron is the number one fresh ingredient in recipe delivery service in the country. Blue Apron's mission is to make incredible home cooking accessible to everyone, and Blue Apron achieves this by supporting a more sustainable food system, setting the highest standards for ingredients, and building a community of home chefs. Blue Apron has established partnerships with over one hundred and fifty local farms, fisheries, and ranchers across the United States, and as a result, seafood is sourced sustainably under standards developed in partnership with the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Beef, chicken, and pork come from responsibly raised animals. Produce is sourced from farms that practice regenerative farming. Now this week menu includes upcoming menus include and I Got to a chance to try both of these cheesy chicken and black bean enchiladas with salsa verde and the second one spice cauliflour and pepper with jasmine rice and Siantro yogurt sauce. This was delicious and it was made by me. Gourmet cooking made by me at home. It's affordable for less than ten dollars per person per meal. Blue Apron delivers seasonal recipes along with preportioned ingredients to make your own delicious, home cooked meals. There's a variety so you choose from a variety of new recipes each week, or you can let Blue aprons culinary team surprise you. Recipes are not repeated within a year, so you'll never get bored. It's flexible so you can customize your recipes each week based on your preferences. Blue Apron has several delivery options so you can choose what fits your needs, and there's no weekly commitment so you only get deliveries when you want them. Each meal comes with a easy believe me, step by step, easy to follow recipe card and pre portion ingredients and can be pared in now thirty minutes or less. Now check out this week's menu and get thirty dollars off thirty dollars off your first free meal by going to Blue Apron and free shipping by going to blue Apron dot com slash murder. That's blue Apron dot com slash murder. You'll love how good it feels and taste to create home cook meals with Blue Apron, So don't wait. Blue Apron a better way to cook. When we last left off, we were talking about Teresa Hallback and I wanted to ask you, how does this fit in and what do you think about We mentioned it last time, but this is something I'm stuck on as the importance of the recorded messages on Teresa's answering machine and her brother's involvement, and the court case that when there's an opportunity to question something so important as the destruction of evidence, tell us a little bit about Teresa Hulback's brother, how much he could have known about this and how inappropriate is this?
Speaker 10: Well, let's let's talk about both of Teresa Halback's brothers. What's interesting is Mike callback he was secured a job with the Green Bay Packers. He was first a video assistant, he was an intern and then he became UH payroll help. There's a the video director who was working with the Green Bay Packers since the nineteen seventies, Eckburn. He has just officially retired and Mike's been moving up the department over the last twelve years. That of Teresa's alleged death and everything.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 10: That there's an interesting backstory on how Haulback was secured this job, and that goes with the person who took over Ackberg's employment is a University of Wisconsin law He's a professor there and he knows Loton Schlagger really good. And Egburgh knows lot and Schlagger really well. And when it comes down to my research, I kind of tie Haulback securing a dream job of having the packers with accredited to Lotten Schlager securing that job to him. And let's talk about Tim Haulback, Teresa's older brother. One month before Teresa is dead and she's allegedly was killed October of two thousand and five. Well, if you back up to September of two thousand and five, her brother became the vice president of the Chiltern Bar Association and he went in partner ship.
Speaker 5: With this.
Speaker 10: Law firm. The two Hig law firm and George W. Two Higg is a lifelong resident friend again of miss Lattenschlagger and two higgs specialization was in dairy farms and the handling of the land deeds and transactions after death. You had all this dairy farm stuff and he was like the go to guy in dairy farms. He graduated in nineteen seventy three. Tim Halbach was a recently a recent graduate and your pairing hallback with two Hig and he's a lifelong friend of Lawton Schlagger and from the Fundelack area. He actually operates a funeral home within ten miles of Lottenschlagger's residential area, so for them to be partnered. A month before her death, with my research, two Hig was made the president of the Chiltern Bar. The seed money to open this firm was again helped out with by the Attorney General Lattenschlagger. And what this gives them as the Chiltern Bar vice president and the president of this association. Plus their openness firm, they have all the legalities available at their law firm to wash any medical records of Teresa's parents, any medical records of Teresa if you look at her death certificate, it is the most shadiest death certificate in the United States history, and they would be able to have privileged access to this. And I feel that Lattenschlagger had a had paired these two up because they knew they were gonna have to wash something in her in her disappearance and her death alleged death. So so going on the Halback brothers and where they stand, they got dream jobs. I mean, they're they're making they're making high, high, high end dollars right now. And as far as her parents, Lottenschlagger helped them out with a milk grant m I l C. It's a Dairy farm Association grant where they benefit so much annually from proceeds from this grant. And it's like the Lottenschlaggers or Lottenslagger had healthy Haulbacks achieve all of this financial gain before Teresa's death. And that's something that concerns me is that two hig and Haulback are right there in the mix of it. And that's one of Lottenschlager's lifelong friends.
Speaker 4: And if you look at every single is you know in the military, like a lot a lot of times you really advance. You advance because you're in combat, or you're the right place at the right time, et cetera. Every single person involved in this, whether it was Blenn Kachinski now with his you know, judgeship, whether it was to the older brother, he's gotten a two hig law Firman I believe made partner at twenty six years old. And Mike Halbach I just recently saw a tweet where he basically had said, you know whatever, twelve years ago, I turned a family tragedy into something good, which, of course you might look at and say, oh, okay, you know, with his sister's death, he got out in front of the cameras and you know that got him some publicity, et cetera, et cetera. But the way it's phrased, it kind of makes you think, okay, now he's one of the head video guys in the Green Bay Packers, which, of course, anything with the Packers and Wisconsin as anybody's dream job. But if you read that and almost you know it's like, oh, well, you know, my sister's death was wink wink, nudge nudge, what kind of got me into you know this Green every no member, he'd mentioned Fostbender and weird. They got awards for all this. Everybody got promotions, everybody got this and and with that milk Brant. I mean, if you really dig into it, it's almost as if, and I'm perfectly familiar with how this works, quote unquote political payoffs. Well, I'll tell you what you know, you whatever, donate to this, and I'll make sure that that plant gets built in your in your district, et cetera. So this is this is the exact kind of political wheeling and dealing in corruption. And if it is with Teresa hallbox family, well now that asks the other question. Okay, well, if they're involved, how why what happened? This is your own sister, How far does this go? Which directions does this go? So it opens up an entire new can of worms on that aspect alone, tying once again circularly back into all this and back into this circular seat of political corruption.
Speaker 3: Is there something to the argument that this is a small place. We're not talking about a super densely populated area. The entire area that we are talking about, And if we are talking about that, if we're going to keep with a logical if we're going to speculate. We're going to speculate somewhat then, what exactly was wrong with Teresa Hallback that the family could allow this to happen. So as you allude to about an illness, but again, what would that illness be and where is any kind of evidence that that other than a speculation a speculative nature.
Speaker 10: Well, well, Dan, the facts surrounding that she has genetic illnesses in her family on her mother and father's side of both cystic fibrosis and mitochondrial myopia, which stem from both her parents. Richard Halback died from from complications of an injury in Barvard County and down in Florida near Cocoa Beach.
Speaker 4: And I think.
Speaker 10: Everybody in my research that that's directed me is that his wishes was when he died, Teresa's brother or Teresa's uncle married her mother. That was Richard Halback, the biological father's brother married Teresa's mother. And they're one of the reasons for this that the Halbacks stem from two hundred years when they they planted their German family, they come they come to Wisconsin two hundred years ago. And it's took my knowledge of research into the the dairy farm. The way it's handled is that the youngest daughters and not the oldest sons, are really the ones who become who get the financial gain in the family. So if Teresa's gone and Teresa's her her uncle marries her mom and they have children, then the two daughters who were who were conceived by the uncle now and the mother they're now in the primary game of the dairy farm estate.
Speaker 4: So there's a.
Speaker 10: Lot of things happening with the with the way that it's put down to the youngest instead of the oldest, And I think that's specifically designed because if you have genetic illnesses, a lot of people ain't gonna live the old age. But if you pass it down to the youngest daughter, if you have a young daughter in the hall Back clem, which you do, then then they get the the trust left over from the dairy farm. And I mean there was a trust put in Teresa Halback's name and Tim Halback's name prior to her death, like one month, and that would have been help established by George W. Two Hig when Tim and Tuhig opened a law firm. So as far as the evidence that she had illnesses, Kathleen Zeldner actually has found a routine pharmacist that she was going to.
Speaker 4: Deputy O'Neill, who.
Speaker 10: Questioned Brendan Dacy and Cribbits just just on November sixth, the day after the round four was found, told Brendan Dacy, a lot of people don't know this, but Teresa has medicine that she needs to keep on a daily basis that she needs to take. And it later come out that Sheriff Jerry Pagel a Calumet County was saying that she is perfectly fine. This YadA YadA, YadA. But but then taken the consideration the on funeral of Teresa Hallbacken when they give the family back the cremaines, they hold a fundraiser for cystic fibrosis and and this is where a lot of her blue ribbon stuff comes from. But but I mean, there's evidence that shows that there that she could have possibly been terminally ill. And I do think that these this information has been washed and covered up by the hall back and two hig Wall firms.
Speaker 4: If you go back to the interview that Brendan did with that officer when they were up north in the cabin, you can hear him say play his day. You know, we need to help her out, Brendon. She's sick, she needs her medicine. We need to get her her medicine. Now, some might say, oh, that's just cops trying to play tricks. But if you've got all this other clue to tie in, you know, you tell me so. I just wanted to add that part to it.
Speaker 3: Certainly. Now you talk about what's next for Stephen Avery, and you talked about defense attorney Zelner. How soon can anything new and anything better happened for Steven Avery after this decision? How long will it be likely?
Speaker 10: Well, dan Velner has made comments that she would try to get a new brief filed before Thanksgiving, and then when it's filed, I mean, you know, the court's depending on which court it is, some of them can take to three years to go to court if they're ever going to be retried. So the actual determination of when he can be retried, there's no actual given date.
Speaker 4: At this time.
Speaker 10: I mean, they could deny it if My guess is, if we don't do something to get Norman Gan recused, Thomas J. Fallon recused, Rad Shimmel recused from a part of this is that none of them, Dasy nor Avery will ever get other trials. And again it's because they don't want this opened up. And there's enough evidence that I mean, I mean, I can, I can show solid evidence that his own defense council was in Lutenschlagger's pocket. And that's some information I wanted to get out tonight also. But as far as a court date, there might not ever be a court date unless we drive this home. I mean, I mean, people need to divert their eyes from Ken Kratz, start looking up to Thomas J. Fallon because he was Pa Lattenschlagger's right hand man daring this. He come from peg Lottenschlagger's office. He was her little minion, and so I can call him and he come in and he took over. And when you have that much power in a courthouse, I mean, you're pretty much twisting arms. And I want to touch base on a case that happened January of two thousand and seven, right before February two thousand and seven, when Stephen Avery's case started, Thomas J. Fallen protected these two attorneys that had raped a purse a female in Chicago, Land and then the outcome of this case. These two Wisconsin state attorneys were given lighter sentences, no prison time, but they were involved in in a sexual assault and rape of a female victim. The prosecutor that was the star prosecutor that work with Fallen.
Speaker 4: He was.
Speaker 10: Criticized in the media forgiving these forgiving these winsconstant attorneys leniency, so he resigned his position, saying he was taken.
Speaker 12: You're dedicated to building a bright financial future. Grow your investments with Millibank's high Yield savings account.
Speaker 1: Earn a highly competitive.
Speaker 12: Annual percentage yield with no fees or minimums. Getting started is simple to download the app, link your account and start growing your money. Welcome to a new way to save more for the things that matter most. Welcome to Millibank, visit Milli dot bank or download the Milli app.
Speaker 10: Today his dream job in Tennessee and he just left. He just he just he just threw away his prosecution career and left. And that was because he was under unscrutiny by the media.
Speaker 4: But it goes to show you.
Speaker 10: That this is only one month before Fallen does Steven Avery's trial. But he's he's in cooperation with attorneys and the prosecutor of this case. So it goes to show you what he's doing in Steven Avery's trial. He Dean Strang is Tom Fallen's best friends, their colleagues. So so Fallen mentions and making a murderer if they want to say Mantoia County framed him because all this stuff, then they do so at their own peril. Well, the thing about that Strang's office was right across from Fallen and Lautenschlaggers literally across the streets. And so I mean, and in the OJ Simpson case there was eight months trial there were less than than twenty five judges chambers meeting off records. And this trial is Stephen Avery, and just a little over two months there was one hundred and twenty off record judges chambers meetings with Fallon, crats Gan Beauting, and Dean String And these were off record, I mean one hundred and twenty times, over one hundred and twenty times this was off record. And if you're in that position behind closed doors with Fallon, who just one month worked with attorneys and a prosecutor and gave leniency to attorneys and didn't charge them to the max for sexually assaulting and raping a female. That just shows that he's working right alongside with attorneys and prosecutors, and it questions Falin's ethical role and anything to do with Stephen Avery's trial, especially whenever he is peg Wattenschlager's right hand man. And he was also deposed in Stephen avery silvil suit. Michael Grisback was deposed, Mark Rower was the post. They were not allowed to participate as a prosecutor in the murder trial trial. Neither should Fallon have been able to participate, And you were sorry, go ahead, go ahead. Now, I was gonna say you were asked.
Speaker 4: You asked a little while ago about like how small things are. Well, I don't know what state you're residing in currently, but forty out of the fifty states, basically you can't walk into a tavern or a restaurant and smoke a cigarette. Now, that decision was made by probably a couple hundred legislators and the governor. I had told, however, many millions of people that regardless of what you or the owner or whatever anybody else wanted, you're going to do this. And the actual people that wrote that bill, you're probably talking in the dozens maybe, Okay, So when he's when Chad's talking about, you know, straying and found being across the street each other, and you talk about the court system, Dean Strang is part of a law firm of Strang, Bradley and Bradley. Now the two Bradley's are a male and a female that just happened to be the son and the daughter of Wisconsin Supreme Court justice and Walsh Bradley. So when you talk about a state of five point seven million people and whatever Chad mentioned, twenty twenty five thousand attorneys, Yet somehow all these people kind of running the exact stave circles and reside together. And that also if it does go past this next appellate court and goes to the Wisconsin Supreme Court, because Dean Strang was the one that was on the original trial. And yet sub Coitzer or Angela, whatever her name is, she mentioned all the stuff that you can't use from the past. Well, is that going to be grounds that Anne Walsh Bradley's going to accuse herself because the original attorney that defended Stephen Avery is part of the law firm of Straining Bradley and Bradley, both of those her kids, or is she going to rule on this case, you know, against Stephen Avery. So when we're talking about all this circular everything ties into another. It just keeps going and go. It's like the Energizer Bunny. And honestly we're just scratching the surface here. You know, this book is two hundred and seventy some pages and you've read it. But for anyone out there listening, I'm employed to read this book because it is just going to blow your mind. And the fact that nobody's looked into this before, nobody's talked about this before, then this is probably the most important part because again evident schmmeven is if you've got somehow people working together to stack a deck for whatever the motive, for whatever the reason, and we managed to bring this to light, you get some petition sign that's force that can make you know the higher powers, the higher court, that people not involved in this that can take a look at this, like for example, the new US Attorney for the Eastern Districut Wisconsin that hopefully is going to get cleared by the Senate sometime soon. Hopefully he's a good man, he can look into it. With all this, which means it doesn't matter what Dacy's atturney does or what judges do to him. It doesn't matter what Zoner finds. If he goes in there and brings into court for these people for this evidence that we found, then Stephen Avery and Bringdon Dascy have a real chance instead of having to go through the rigg row of the corrupt Wisconsin's Fox Valley court system. That's why this book is so important.
Speaker 3: Right, Why do you think someone that was instrumental in having Stephen Avery released in the first place from the wrongful conviction, Michael grees Back from the Innocence Project. I interviewed him and he said that Stephen Avery's guilty, and then I asked, does he not deserve another trial? And everything that I've looked at, and not being as professional the qualified to make that conclusion, I still think in light well have everything I've looked at that he deserves another trial. What what do you make of Michael Greesback, his his position in this, his role in this, and yet he thinks that he does not deserve another trial. What do you make of that?
Speaker 10: Well, Dan, if you want to get into Michael Gresback, when when Stephen was exonerated, and he was the one who approached Slot and Schlagger and said, hey, we got some some miscarriages of justice going on in my office. Dennis Vogel and Tom Kasseric just sent had they were just found out that Stephen had been sent off for eighteen years in prison. Now, Michael Grisback at this point, at this during this time, I believe he was doing what was right to prompt an investigation. But there's something that Michael Grisback failed to tell you during an interview, and that's I don't know if you discussed how his brother was handling avery civil suit. Magistrate Federal Magistrate Judge William gris Back, he was actually handling the Steven Avery's civil suit. That's why he had to recuse himself because Michael was deposed. Now William gris Back announced his resignation and recused himself on September twenty sixth.
Speaker 4: But there was some.
Speaker 10: Big things happening in Madison at the state Capitol during this time, and that was with Lawton Schlagger distributing these pamphlets that that discerned tunnel vision, jail house snitches, electronic monitor of juvenile, contaminated evidence, and all these things were going on on these pamphlets. Now you have to you have to take into consideration. Lautenschlager took over the Avery Task Force on August thirtieth, so you have twenty six days later, William gris Back is recusing himself. And this is only days after Peg Lottenschlagger distributes these pamphlets. Now, this commission that Peg had had restarted when she took over to Avery Task Force and we redesigned it to her own liking and her own doing. These people in Bob again were prosecutors, judges, crime lab people, attorneys, et cetera. And William Grisback, being a federal magistrate judge, would be privy to the political information going on. He's at a high tier level to know what's happening in the Attorney General's office and with this political agenda. So when he resigns, he wants to make it apparent that he'd done it because Michael Grisback was deposed, but it's really because he didn't want no part of Lattenschlagger's political agenda that was going on. And he tells gris Back to stay away from the case, and Griesback didn't never touch it. Michael Grasback never touched it after this, and I think those two brothers were protecting each other. But where Michael Grasback has, I've lost all and you know, I don't have no respect from anymore. He didn't ever blow the whistle on what was happening with the pamphlets that were distributed by Lattenschlagger that could have protected not only Steven Avery, but Brenda Dassy, you know, and this was their political agenda to not have people who wrongfully convicted. But here you've got a federal magistrate stepping down because he would be in a position to know everything that's going on with this commission controlled by Lattenschlager. And for for that, for Michael gris Back to to just play like he doesn't know what's going on there. He wasn't allowed to prosecute. He stayed away from the case. That's because his brother is telling him, Hey, you need to get away, you need to dissociate yourself with this. And Michael Grisback, you know, if he knew what his brother knew and they've talked about it, then yeah, he would have no choice right now but to say that Steven Avery is guilty because that's protecting him and his brother. So there's there's some questions there, and I asked Michael gris back these questions in my book. You know that he needs to step up and answer for this, and he needs to he needs to stand accounting for for this dissociation of the murder trial from Holiday.
Speaker 4: Well and this this might be a good segue And I forgive me, dan if if you've got other things, but this might be a good segue for what you talked about for Brendan, because you know this kind of of thing, and you mentioned that during the intro that how how Brendan was, you know, could have been let go the very month if they hadn't have done what they'd done. So I just want to make sure we hit that, you know, before the end of the program. So I don't know if that's something you may want to discuss an hour since we we had on it.
Speaker 3: But sure certainly.
Speaker 4: So, Jad, Okay, what.
Speaker 10: Exactly one A are you referring to at the moment, Like, just.
Speaker 4: Well, then, how how Brendan because of the rules that that they've put in place, you know, on February twenty third, days before, and we don't have to do it now. I just want to make sure because that's an incredibly important part that nobody knows about yet. So I I you know, I don't. I'm sorry. I didn't want to step up on Dan's toast, but again, I want to make sure we discussed that because that's huge.
Speaker 10: Right And before we get that, Dan, there's a little backstory here that making a murderer. Supporters and viewers and watchers around the globe. We're talking millions and millions of people that aren't aware of Okay, we're My book exposes the timeline of Jerry Beuting's involvement with He was a golden ticket. I mean, one one can vouch for me for this. There were twenty members ceated to the Avery Task Force, and they were seated in a bipartisan effort by the State Capitol. And when you you became a member on this, I mean that gave you privileged access to whatever was happening politically with Stephen Avery's exoneration, and gave you privileged access to the Attorney General and the high end people working in the Department of Justice in the State Capitol. And Beauting was one of these people. Now, my largest concern that I want to drive home about Jerome Butting is that he had the golden ticket. He was one of twenty people seated and was colleagues like Norman Gan who who introduced this blood theory, was Jerome Butting's colleague for two years. And then for them to come back on a murder trial and prosecute and defend Stephen Avery while they're sitting on a commission with PEG law is the most severe conflict of interest. You have Grysback who recused himself. You have a federal judge that recused himself. You have a lot of Mark Rower that wasn't allowed to participate in this prosecution because they had dealings with the exoneration or were attached to the political agenda dexoneration of Stephen Avery. And we're talking to exoneration of nineteen of Stephen's nineteen eighty five charge in two thousand and three when he's exonerating. So if you're working that in politically are the legalities of it? You shouldn't be touching this murder charge, especially when you're on a commission with PEG Lattenschlagger and this is one of the biggest misconceptions of making a murder. And I'm going to throw it out right here and right now, people. This has been one of mine and one's heart. This hurdles to overcome, and people were brainwashed into how much of a hero Dean Strang and Jerome Butden are shown to be on making a murder. But I mean, Ken Kratz says on a radio show when he introduced his book that Butting helped even film and direct making a murder. And this is concerning because the only reason the state of Wisconsin allowed this trial to even be filmed. And I got the document. It's a fact. I mean, this isn't no bs, it's not no bullshit. This is a fact. Thomas J. Fallon wrote a letter to Judge Patrick Willis, who presided in Stephen Avery's case, and said, Hey, we need to video the defense team of Stephen Avery, record them so Stephen Avery can never claim ineffective counsel. And that is the only reason that the creators were allowed to even film this trial, because the state asked for it. And again you go back to Dean string being best friends with Thomas J. Fallon, and you go back to Butting in the pocket of Logs Luttenschlagger, And it's just so disturbing of of how this is misconceived by all these people. They don't realize Jerome Butting is politically attached to this case and and all they see is just that he's a hero. But when you do the research and I laid the timeline out, it's not just like a day or two days. He's attached to Lottenschlagger for four years. He's he's he's on Lottenschlager's commission where Stephen Avery has hired on Beauting and Strength to defend him. It's it just blows my mind that nobody can see the severe conflict of interest. And I mean it was a bipartisan effort, you know, of all this task force, but ones right there in the heart of the politics in Wisconsin. And one maybe you can confirm that you know that these people shouldn't have been working the murder trial if they were involved in the exoneration politically or any other way period.
Speaker 4: And that's correct. And you know, when it comes to judges, when it comes to attorneys, you know, everyone says, well, they're supposed to be you know, non partisan and non bias and all this stuff, but everybody knows it's human. And if it weren't for all these little idiosyncrasies and all these things hanging in I might actually buy that. Argued, Okay, well maybe it's just but you know, one is existence too, is coincidence? Three is patterned? How many threes, fours, five, six, seven, eighteen, nineteen ninety nine, one hundred and two. How many connections do you need before there's finally a pattern to where you say, okay, something else is going on here. Now we're not saying exactly what, but you have a pretty good idea. And again, what's the motive behind that? You know, you've got people that are accusing themselves, but other people who should have accused themselves that didn't. Yet when you've got instances, I mean, just this simple stuff. You know, Jerry Beauty is supposed to be this forensic expert and he doesn't cross examined, you know, it doesn't get the bullet thrown out. You've got I can't remembers foul in or gun and said, well, we have to make the evidence, you know, fit in order for it to make sense. You know, I mean, these things they should have been absolutely thrown out of court. And and there's an instance when Colburn's on the stand and he said, well, I got called away because somebody, you know, so a group of people found some evidence at the Marabeau Caves Park. They never said, oh, well what evidence? What did they find? Go look at the look at the transcript. It's like, okay, well I got pulled away. Of course, it's always Colborn pulled away to say evidence what you never mentioned it, You never asked. It's like, you know, these simple things that these these quote unquote top attorneys should have done, they didn't do. And then you find out all about this. Then you find out how they tie in and again, uh you know, Chad, Yeah, when people hear this story about about uh uh you know, the the child videos heaped surveillance and what they could have done to Brendan and didn't, it's gonna blow your mind. He was telling me about, and it blew my mind. I was like, how did anybody not know about this? But then again, how did they not know about all this stuff? So I mean, Chad, if you want to if you want to tell that again, I don't know what time we got remaining, but that that story that needs to be told. So I don't know if you've got any other questions, Dan, but I like I said that that one's gonna that was gonna blow people away.
Speaker 3: Well let's hear it.
Speaker 10: Okay, Okay, Now this this is part of the time when line of it kind of puts into perspective that when Stephen Avery hires Jerome Butting and Dean Straing as their defense council, it connects Butten too, Lautenschlager still on this commission, whenever, whenever Dassy actually is allegedly coerced in his confession, and if you go to the charter statement of the Wisconsin Criminal Justice to Study Commission, and this is what replaced the Avery Task Force. Butden gets on making a murder and says says, yeah, I was part of the Avery Task Force. But what Butden purposely leaves out is that he and peg Lattenschlager changed it into something else, and it was still happening at the time of Stephen Avery's pre trial and the time of Brendan's coercion and when Stephen was in jail. Now, now, the charter statement says the goal of our commission will not be to point fingers or assigned blame for past mistakes, as some might understandably fear. And while the wrongful conviction of Stephen Avery and others are a major stimulus for this commission, the Commission's role will not to be identify specific cases of roomful conviction. Okay, so what that's doing In their charter statement, they're saying that Manuchuac County, we're not We're not gonna state they had anything to do with Stevens, with with his with with the the wrongful conviction, and Lautenschlagger like her December seventeenth, two thousand and three report was to protect Manuchuauc And now you have Butting coming on board. Button was seated in the beginning by Mark Gundrum in two thousand and three to save money for the state. And when he settles out, what you have Butten doing is preventing Stephen Avery from going forward with this federal civil suit. So Beuteen's job is accomplished now. Now what people don't realize is that Butten will sit there and lie. He lies in his book, He lies in super Lagger's magazine. He says that Dean Strain got him involved in this case, when really, if you go back to making a murderer. On episode three, starting at nineteen minutes, Stephen Avery places a phone call to Stephen Glenn, who is his civil suit attorney, and Stephen Glenn tells him, I have two attorneys that I have in mind for you. If you settle out, you can get this money and you can proceed with this criminal case. But Glenn does it, never tell Steven Avery that he's sitting on the commission with peg Lutenschlager Sos Strain. Who is it even involved in this at the time. Why does it take Dean Strain to get Jerome Butting involved? When Glenn and Butting our meeting from August, September, October, November, December, January, February and March all the way up until Brendan's confession, their meeting every month and meeting in person, why does it Glenn just ask Butting in person, and this is what he did. But Beden will lie and say that Dean Strain brought him involved, got him involved in the case. But that's not the way it works. So there's a big, a big discernment for for Brendan's confession. It's on March first, but if you back up to February twenty third, St. Jerome Butting was the person who drafted and crafted the model policy for PEG Lawton Schlaggers juvenile monitoring of electronic juvenile against juvenile. So so with her doing this and Butte and doing it for her, they could have protected Brendan dacy, but both of them failed to do it.
Speaker 4: So, I mean, the main point we want to stress here because obviously you know, we're just two guys, right, We're trying to get this information out there. But one of our biggest hurdles has been the fact that you're wrong. Beauting is this hero Well you just heard him say, and you know you can go right to the tape. You can go right to the episode and see it. So I'll give you an example. If if there's a dead guy in the room, just died of a single gun shot wound, copped us in and there's a gun between Chad and I, I say I shot him. Chad says no, no, no, I shot him. Okay, there's a chance logically that neither of us shot him. But regardless, okay, regardless, one of us is lying, all right, so hopefully everyone followed that. Now, if you take now, and there's more information in the book, okay, if if Jerome Butting is tied with Pegg Lauerschlager, peg Laus Schlogger is tied Wood Fallon found is tied with Ken Kratz, ken Kratz is tied in with you know, the man talk in Calument Police and Law Enforcement Department. So now you've got Jerome Butting, who is in bed well, all these people that hero right, all right, But he says that it was Dean String right before all this happened, right before they could have saved Brendan from that recording and from being prosecutor or persecuted and prosecuted. Yet they didn't. So you've got Dean String and Beauting in this where he says that Strang was the one that called him. Yet Stephen Glenn, who was Stephen avery sibil suit attorney, who was the one who got him out, okay, got him out and got him exonerated on that first one. And you see him right in the beginning of making a murder. He says, well, you would have thought that Stephen Avery was the worst cruidal in the world, after all the appeals that he lost, and if it weren't for the fact that a couple of new evidence came forward in DNA testing, he probably still would have. Actually, I think he would have just gotten out last year on his original case. But now you've got Stephen Glenn, Okay, who's also on all these committees. Okay, miraculously again, small world, even though there's five point seven million people in Wisconsin. Stephen Glenn, who's helping Stephen Avery get out the first time, call up your Rome beauty, who's tied in with all these people, and yet your own beauty says it was Dean Strang Again, just like the cop with the bullet logic can dictate that regardless of whether or not something was done, one of them is lying. So you have to decide which one that is, who's telling the truth and why or who's lying and why? Because if Stephen Gwynn all right is calling your own beauty before any of this starts and beauty ties in, that forms the circle that I've been talking about this whole time. And if that's the case, and that's the the stackers of the deck, do you realize what we're looking at here? And then again it goes to what are they hiding? What did that investigation stop? I you know, I kind of get in chills thinking about it, because if what we're saying, all right does coincide, and I'll be the first foment. You know what, every single these every single one of these hundreds of hundreds of things that could be just a coincidence. Okay, but I have eyes. You have eyes. You realize that if you're old enough and been around this world long enough that you know that even that there's a phrasing law enforcement, there's no such thing as a coincidence. What are we dealing with? What are they hiding? Why did this judge all of a sudden again slam this down? And this is the stuff that we need as a nation, as a world to get behind this and to find out the truth. Because the only thing that's going to make this happen is one of three things that they actually go through the court systems, is somehow in victorious that you have an outside force like a US attorney or the Attorney General actually look into this and trump these people and what they can do and what they can hide, or we get enough people around the world and enough public pressure to say no, this needs to be investigated, This needs to be done, because that is the thing that throughout mankind has moved mountains, and that is what this book is about, and that's what needs to be done. So that I can't stress that enough that people need to read this, They need to understand this, They need and they need to know that even if you think Road Beauty is a hero, at least look at this with an open mind. At least look at all the connections first and then make your decision. Because any everyone thinks, you know, when anything in the world, you know, there's a phrase that says great guards are full of people that said, it can never happen to me. Well, guess what happened to Stephen Avery. It's happened to people that I know personally, which is how I got involved in this. So you know that that's what we need to bring to light. So sorry for taking up so much time, but again that's the essence of this whole thing, and that's why we're fighting so hard, is because this could happen to anybody, and these men need to be freed, and we don't know what's going to go through the judicial system. So we need to be as American citizens and just human beings to get this out there and to make this right.
Speaker 3: I want to ask this question because we have very little time. I want to ask about the possibility of the making a murderer fan base, because the murking making of a murderer fan base just just one little tidbit of information. A person like Alec Baldwin. I don't know how influential he is, but we've seen what celebrities can do. Their money and their support and their fan base can help as well in the court of public opinion. How likely is making a murderer going to discern what you're saying and jump on your ship, or is the making a murderer fan base demanding another trial could be effective? Tell me what you think about this prospect as.
Speaker 10: Far as having anybody to back U up in the media or anything. What really needs to happen is before any trial ever goes forward, these questions need to be answered before we're going forward. I mean, Jerome Beden could have literally walked across the street from Dean Strang's office in March. He was there on March first, the same day that Brendan Dacy was interrogated that same month. He could have walked directly over to Lottenschlager's office and said, hey, you know that model policy for the juveniles I just drafted for you on the twenty third, like literally seven days ago. We needed to protect this kid. But Ltton Schlagger was nowheres to be found. Yet she's signing off on the evidence of the bullet in the garage and Jerry Beden has never blown the whistle on Lottenschlagger to this day when we know all the Making Murderer fans know that Latton Schlagger is a force to be reckon with, but Jerry will deny his affiliation with it. But that's when my book comes in. Facts. You cannot change facts, and the facts are they had an affiliation for four years. It wasn't just oh, he's gonna hang out with her because he's an attorney and they do this. No, he had the golden ticket designated by Mark Gundrum to get there. So as far as whoever gets behind us, whether it's Making Murder fans, Alec Baldwin, anybody, I mean, just any celebrity, what really needs to happen. These questions need to be answered that. My book asks Lautenschlagger, ask his gris back, ask his crass, ask Jerome Beden. I mean, I mean Fallon needs recused more than anything in the world in this case right now. I mean, if we're gonna proceed forward, we're laying the facts out, we need somebody to stand behind us and just have a voice, make an impact or or are they they'll never come home. And I believe that Steven's innocent. I believe Brendan Dacy's innocen. I wouldn't invest in anything into this if I didn't believe in their innocence. I mean, if you look at the facts in the timeline, it's a political come and it needs to be exposed immediately.
Speaker 4: Well the thing the thing I'll say on that ahead, but well I wanted to say on that me know, in politics like it is. Actually was watching comedian Doug Stanhope talk about this past election and he said, I voted for Gary Johnson because he follows my Twitter and that's the problem with democracy. And there's another scene in the movie Tommy Boy where where Dan Ackroyd sided in the contract simply because Live TV is there and he's take it everybody's watching it. And then it goes to that diners says, hey, you guys want to watch this the American Gladiators and they say, oh, let's watch American Gladiators. Now. When when Nick and a Murderer came out, it was a huge fervor, but just like anything, and I said, I think, I said, this is my first or second video that I made that you know, it's eventually going to die down because it doesn't because the core proceedings are so much and you know, they've taken so many hits. But hopefully with this new evidence that we found, this will generate an even even bigger force. But you know, and again you know, we're just we're just two guys. You know, we're trying as hard as we can to get some sort of you know, national platform, because again, unless we've got the backing of the people, but you can't like or dislike that, which you do not know. We need to get this out there. You need to spread the word. You know, Hey, Christmas is coming up. You got you know, Black Friday and cyber money. Buy this book and give it to your relatives if you if you're at all interested in making a murder if you've ever had somebody you know get screwed over by the court system, Hey, this is this is something for them, you know. And and again this is something to where you know, everybody needs to be concerned because that it will never happen to me. When it all of a sudden happens to you, it really hits home. And just like we were saying earlier, when you're behind bars, you have to wait. It's not like I'm gonna sit there wait for three years and get to watch football and American gladi No, you're sitting in a prison cell while the courts churn. And Chad knows this very well, and I've had my own personal experiences with that. But we need to have that same fervor that we had before. And I truly believe that if people find out about this, this is going to make Watergate look like a Harper Valley PTA meeting. So we can get celebrities, great, if we can get national exposure, great, But whatever happens, we're going to need the public's backing because the one thing I'll tell you about politicians, just like with that American Gladiator, you get a politician on an issue that that twenty people call in and say I want you to vote this way, they will vote that way. Even though their district is one hundred and seventy thousand people that will get their attention. It will make them change, even though I guarantee you the people you know in the Attorney General's office and the course, they won't. But that doesn't mean we can't get people in power that are above them to make that change and to make this happen.
Speaker 3: I want to thank you, gentlemen. Our time is up. We were talking about Steven Avery retrial deny to end your book about Steven Avery and the Beyond Avery Road. So I want to thank you Chad Spencer Keller and one test crew that's an alias Pseudium. I want to thank you gentlemen for coming on for this compelling program. And just briefly, Chad, can you tell us a little bit about the Facebook page or how they might contact you or look at this information. Tell us about the website's Facebook pages, tell us about that.
Speaker 10: Anybody interested, they can go to ww dott Productionsouth dot com and I'll comment a link on the blog site where they can they can purchase the book everything, so it'll be up on this interview in the comment.
Speaker 3: Well, I want to thank you very much Chad Keller and one test crew for incredible evening, incredible interview. Thank you very much. You have a great night. Hope to talk to you gentlemen again soon.
Speaker 4: Good Night, thank you.
Speaker 10: Thank you for having us Dan.
Speaker 3: Good night,