Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty the Bill Handles show on demand on the iHeartRadio. F election is coming out less than two weeks. One of the things that goes on and I love talking about this election because it is one of the weirdest elections that we have ever seen. One a vice president who was going to run his vice president, or Joe Biden, becomes a presidential candidate because Joe Biden is old and decrepit and clearly show that during the debate with Trump and on the other side, the most unusual both president and candidate in the history of the United States. One of the things that is so bizarre about the Trump campaign and Donald Trump as a president candidate in general is the number of people who worked for him, not only in business, but also worked for him in the White House. How they've turned against him, and people in the know, people who are there are and I'm talking about dozens and dozens of people who were there, have said.
Speaker 2: This guy is unfit. John Kelly is the latest.
Speaker 1: The former Marine general was the longest serving chief of staff for Donald Trump about a year and a half, and he has.
Speaker 2: Straight out come out.
Speaker 1: He was also Homeland Secretary Homeland's Security secretary. Now during his tenure, he drew a lot of internal criticism over his performance, and like many others, John Bolton being one of them, grew disenchanted distressed by well the President Donald Trump at the time considered Trump still considers Trump to be inappropriate and even more damning, reflecting no understanding of.
Speaker 2: The Constitution itself.
Speaker 1: And I am part of that crowd because whenever a candidate says, if I do not win, the election is rigged and the Constitution has been violated. Wow, to not elect me means the very Constitution of the United States has been violated and disappears. And Kelly also agrees with a lot of the policies of Trump, but just says he is straight out unfit. He has said things. Kelly says that here is a guy who doesn't not only doesn't understand the Constitution, but thinks that his presidency is way beyond the powers of any president.
Speaker 2: He can do whatever he wants, any time he wants.
Speaker 1: He has said that, he has said as president, there is no stopping me to do anything I want. That's pretty scary, and so Kelly just him straight out as a fascist.
Speaker 2: And he said, looks, let's look at the definition of.
Speaker 1: A fascist, fascian, fascist, far right, authoritarian, ultra nationalist political ideology, a dictatorial leader, centralized autocracy, militarism, forcible suppression of the opposition, and believes in a natural societal hierarchy.
Speaker 2: And if you had to describe Trump, that is absolutely true. No guardrails.
Speaker 1: He does not believe in guardrails at all, and any guardrails that exist are unconstitutional. And it is hard to believe that there are so many.
Speaker 2: People who agree with that. I mean the scary part.
Speaker 1: And there's several different ways of people who support Trump. Some of them I understand completely. Yeah, I don't like the guy, but are much stronger than Kamala Harris, who's the way left of She's pretty liberal, no question about that. There are those that are going to hold their nose and vote for Trump. There are those that believe in policy. There are those and this is the scary one, which we're.
Speaker 2: Hearing more and more.
Speaker 1: I don't know the numbers. God has put Donald Trump in as president. If Donald Trump is not elected, it is a violation of God's law. That's a little scary. And so it runs the gamut and The problem is is that Donald Trump probably doesn't believe the God part. I don't think he does. I don't think he's that religious. But does he believe he is the answer to America? Absolutely, no question about it. Does he believe he is more important than the Constitution?
Speaker 2: No, he believes he is the Constitution.
Speaker 1: And anybody that goes against him, anybody who is an enemy, anybody who is against Trump's policy is someone who does not believe in the Constitution. That's exactly what Kelly says. This is pretty this is pretty extreme stuff. What makes this interesting. It's not just one former employee, and we can talk about employee of the employee. We're talking about former chief of Staff, Secretary of Homeland Security. You also had the former communications director, you had the former head of the Joint Chiefs, Mark Milly.
Speaker 2: I mean, it goes on and on, and people.
Speaker 1: Are genuinely frightened of a second Trump presidency.
Speaker 2: I am, I am straight out. But you know where I sit.
Speaker 1: I mean, there is a I don't have any hidden agenda here. You know exactly where I sit. Okay, let's talk about fundraising, both Republican and Democratic fundraising, which the Republicans are getting more heat than are the Democrats and all by that, although both are at fault here and then like everyone else, I don't know how many emails you're getting.
Speaker 2: I don't know how any blasts you're getting.
Speaker 1: I'm getting them constantly, several a day, in some cases dozens a day.
Speaker 2: And I'll dive into that when we come back.
Speaker 1: The FAA has published new rules, the final piece of the puzzle. They're calling it a new category of aircraft.
Speaker 2: It's not rotary, not a helicopter, not a plane.
Speaker 1: What is it? It is sort of the two together air taxis, and that's coming up. You're going to be able to take these air taxis now all over town and they're electric, so don't make any noise kind of neat.
Speaker 2: Well, we knew it was coming for sure.
Speaker 1: Now politics, because we have the presidential coming up in what thirteen days or we're going to pay attention to that, And I don't know if you are getting emails of course you are asking for donations to either party, stuff like if you believe what Kama is saying, check yes, don't. I am unaffiliated. I am not a member of either party. I am getting inundated by both sides more so the Democrats, they're going after me with a vengeance.
Speaker 2: Can't even imagine.
Speaker 1: If you are a registered member of the Republican or Democratic Party. And the problem is not the messages, frankly, you know, I mean, it's disgusting, it's horrible. Leave me alone, so I delete the leite delite. It's the call for money. It's the call for money that's the problem. I mean, I'll give money to a presidential I have in the past, haven't yet, haven't decided yet, maybe not even this year because I'm so disgusted across the board.
Speaker 2: And here is what's going on.
Speaker 1: The Republicans are being blamed for more practices that are considered well, do I want to use the word despicable. Yeah, they're asking for money, and in a deceptive way because if you look somewhere on their website you'll see just click here and it'll be a recurring donation. It's automatic. The Democrats are more open about that. Let me tell you you're in a lot of trouble with recurring anything.
Speaker 2: And there are a couple of stories.
Speaker 1: This is from The Independent, which is a.
Speaker 2: Non biased publication.
Speaker 1: In some of the story, one man's life savings was drained over two years because of the predatory messages from Republican various Republican political groups.
Speaker 2: CNN look at that, looks at that. CNN is biased.
Speaker 1: Okay, not as biased as the other side. I mean bias is relative. I mean it's difference seen CNN and Fox YEP. CNN is definitely biased. Fox is way more so. Life savings gone. Another case, an eighty year old woman with lung cancer gave more than hundred and eighty thousand dollars to the campaign of Trump and other Republicans and apologize to them for not getting donations in sooner because she was undergoing heart surgery. When she died, two hundred and fifty dollars was left in her bank account. And here are the most vulnerable. Older Americans, especially those living with neurological impairents of impairments have fallen foul the marketing poise. Now why is that? Well, you can argue that the Republican Party is more aggressive, but dive a.
Speaker 2: Little bit deeper.
Speaker 1: Older Americans are more susceptible to Republican in treaties because they are more conservative. It's that simple. They're more apt to give money and not know that they're given. So both campaigns are asking for donations like crazy.
Speaker 2: Over the last couple of days.
Speaker 1: It's donate to the Harris campaign and whoever, we're going to match the money or I mean, it's pretty aggressive stuff. But I'm not a dedicated Republican. I'm not one hundred and fifty years old. Although I placed one on radio. An eighty one year old man told CNN his dad believed that he was in personal communication with Donald Trump Junior gave eighty grant. Now both have aggressive marketing tactics, as I said, emails, texts, even calls to reach the voter, the potential voter. There was a seventy eight year old woman who took limited showers and canceled her insurance plan to save money unknowingly, according to.
Speaker 2: This story, gave two hundred thousand.
Speaker 1: Dollars to the Democratic pull up groups. So both sides get it. Here is something that I want to share with you. Win Read, which is the official Republican party fundraising platform, offers refunds straight out to contributions made accidentally within sixty days. Act Blue, the Democratic fundraising program platform, also offers refunds on a case by case basis and any donations made through PayPal or Venmo over ninety days will not be refunded. And the Independent approached both of the parties, both of the platforms for comment and didn't get it. And so is this year worse than others? I think it is worse in the sense that we're being inundated.
Speaker 2: More and more and more.
Speaker 1: There's more money being thrown into this, certainly in social media. If you look at the ads here on KFI. Politicals have just started, but nothing like it was in the past. Broadcast, tieved TV, cable, nothing like it was in the past, because all the money is going to social all the money going to social means.
Speaker 2: TikTok.
Speaker 1: You'll see that, You'll see it on YouTube, and you will get personal emails and requests for money.
Speaker 2: I'm up to here with it.
Speaker 1: And if I look, well, I'm on the air for what three hours, and if I look at my phone, if I look at my emails, there would be three or four requests for money. For some reason, the Democrats are really pushing me. And I don't know why, because I'm not a Democrat. Maybe it's a demographic but I don't think so. So I don't know the answer all I want. All I know is I hate elderly people getting screwed. You know, they're vulnerable, and come on eyes Okay, coming up worldwide efforts to reverse the baby shortage and what's going on, because man, this was thirty years of my life professionally as well as personally. So I'll talk about that and then later on doctor Jim Keeney, we're going to talk about the new burger at McDonald's, the eMac, the e cole I Burger.
Speaker 2: So we've got a lot on the plate. We are looking.
Speaker 1: At some of the stories, and the Middle East continues on going crazy. FAA has just finalized published new rules regarding a third type of aircraft that is going to be available that's going to be flying around air taxis.
Speaker 2: It's not fixed wing, it's not rotary, it's both.
Speaker 1: So we have a third way to go and you'll see air taxis flying around the City's kind of neat.
Speaker 2: Okay. I want to talk about something that I have.
Speaker 1: Been involved with and was involved with for over thirty years, and that is dealing with the baby shortage. And there is a massive baby shortage around the world and we have one and if it weren't for immigration coming into this country, our population would just decrease dramatically, and it is decreasing, but very small degree.
Speaker 2: Here's the stat that I want to share with you.
Speaker 1: If you have a woman, for all the women of child bearing years who have children, two point one kids have to be produced in order to keep the population stable.
Speaker 2: So for those of you that have two kids, like I do not keeping up.
Speaker 1: It's not I am not replacing myself. It's that simple. So what do you do?
Speaker 2: What are countries doing?
Speaker 1: And, by the way, we're in relatively good shape because when it comes to countries that in Europe specifically, and we're talking about industrialized countries, first world countries, third world countries are a whole different animal for a couple of reasons, which I'll share with you later. So imagine this, you have kids, and if you do have kids, you get at least one hundred and fifty thousand dollars in cheap loans, a subsidized minivan, a lifetime exemption from income taxes.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: By the way, also cheap childcare, extra vacation time, free fertility treatments. That's what's being doled out in different parts of Europe and Europe is the most effective of the worldwide baby shortage.
Speaker 2: And you have to keep.
Speaker 1: People coming into this world other than because you have economy shrinking, and that means you have more older people around and the younger people are not being born. That frankly will take care of older people, and not only only directly, and that's third world countries. But I'm talking about tax base. I'm talking about people who earn money who then pay into the system which then supports older people via Social Security or this upsidized housing or other programs Medicare for example. In our case, you've got an employment insurance, you know Social Security. When it was first it first founded in nineteen thirty five, the plan was for the workers to support older people through Social Security tax and it was about five workers for every retired person. And you retire sixty five and then you die in two or three years and the system keeps ongoing.
Speaker 2: Well, the system doesn't work anymore. Now you're down to.
Speaker 1: Two workers or three workers, two point something workers supporting every Social Security recipient. And let me tell you how long they last. My mother retired I think at fifty eight, and went on Social Security because she had some medical issues. She died at ninety eight, forty years of social security benefits that was not anticipated, and so people are living longer and those of us that are working are paying for it, and I hate it.
Speaker 2: I told my mother to die before.
Speaker 1: She was ninety eight, Starting at about ninety three, I was pushing her, for pushing her to kick the bucket, and she didn't do it.
Speaker 2: Just to screw with me.
Speaker 1: So you have a world by baby shortage, and it is not good. And birth rates have been falling across the developed world since the nineteen sixties, which I said, Europe has hit harder and faster, and reversing the decline in birth rates has become a national priority governments all over the world. First World governments China, Russia. Vladimir Putin declared twenty twenty four the Year of the Family. And in the US you've got Donala Harris and Donald Trump are pledging to rethink family policies. Harris wants to offer six thousand dollars baby bonus. Trump has floated free in vitro fertilization and tax deductions for parents. Question number one, Who's going to pay for it? They're both out of their minds. And question number two or answer number two. It's because one of the reasons is because of the baby shortage.
Speaker 2: Also getting elected is a pretty important reason.
Speaker 1: All right. I want to come back and tell you what countries are doing and it is really interesting and why and who's doing what, and we are way behind the curve in terms of dealing with baby shortages, the worldwide baby shortage issue. I want to continue on with what's going on with the baby shortage around the world.
Speaker 2: And the reason I talk about this is because I was part of it.
Speaker 1: Well, I am part of the baby shortage because, as I said, statistically, two point one kids have to be produced by woman of child bearing age who does produce kids, and we're way below that. The United States is at one point six percent or one point six kids for every woman, and that means we're losing population. And the reason it's important not to lose population is because we need more young people there to pay for old people. We're talking about not just taking care of them, but through governmental programs, paying taxes. You can't have more old people than young people paying for them because the economies then collapse long term. So we need two point one ain't happening, and this is all over and where it really hurts. And by the way, this was something I dealt with in the world of surrogacy because people came in way later to have kids.
Speaker 2: That's one of the big problems of the shortage. And there are a lot.
Speaker 1: Of people outside of that that just don't want to have kids. For those of you that are considering having children, take it from a dad, don't do it.
Speaker 2: Just don't do it.
Speaker 1: You'll be far happier long term, medium term, short term. That's advice. So Europe is the place where it is the most well, the biggest problem in terms of replacing population. And we're talking about countries, and I want to talk about two specific countries that have gone to incredible lengths to deal with it.
Speaker 2: Norway and Hungary.
Speaker 1: They have fratillery rates of one point five one point four children for every woman, far below that replacement rate of two point one, which is needed to keep the population steady. And demographers are suggesting that the reluctance to have kids is maybe a fundamental cultural shift rather than a purely financial one. Now, a lot of people do it because of finances, because you can't afford kids any more. They eat a lot, they go to school. Diapers are a fortune. I am still paying for diapers and my kids are twenty nine years old.
Speaker 2: That's a different issue. We'll talk about that at another time.
Speaker 1: It is just expensive, and of course housing is insane. It just is a real big financial issue. But it's more fundamental than that. It is simply the way we are living. So what is going on with Norway and Hungary? The Prime Minister of Hungary is a guy that think of Victor Orbond, and he is a populist. He is a Donald Trump. He believes in populism, He believes in the small man, or at least he goes for the middle class. And you know that jd Vance is a big one for having kids. Tucker Carlson another one. And what Urbond does is he talks about having children and the traditional family model as a national duty. And it just makes more sense than immigration. Immigration is the only reason our population isn't just decreasing dramatically. Same thing with Europe. And here's the problem. This is the world of JD.
Speaker 2: Vance.
Speaker 1: In Hungary, the benefits are reserved for married, heterosexual middle class couples. Couples could divorce, leave, they lose their subsidized interest rates have to sometimes pay back the support. Hungary's population shrinking since the nineteen eighties. Urban, by the way, is a father of five, and he has expanded the family support system doing something about Hungary's fertility rate.
Speaker 2: Now, it did go up.
Speaker 1: From one point four to one point six kids for every woman, but is it anywhere near the two point one It is not. And the world is spinning. And the more kids you have in Hungry the better, the better the benefits if you have three or more. How about one hundred and fifty thousand dollars in subsidized loans. How about a lifetime exemption from personal taxes if a mother has four more kids. How about both parents getting seven extra annual vacation days. Another program, thirty thousand families have used a subsidy to buy a mini van. I mean, that is a real issue, and it is a problem. Now. Third world countries not a problem. They're having kids like crazy. And one of the big reasons having kids, as I.
Speaker 2: See it, is.
Speaker 1: Because there's no safety net in those third world countries. And the only way that parents as they reach old age are going to be able to be supported to have as many kids as possible. One or two kids isn't going to do it for mom and dad who become older, three four, five kids. Yeah, same thing with the ability to work. Farmers, for example, need a bunch of kids. Traditionally they have. We used to be in agrarian society, so kids were important.
Speaker 2: We're not anymore.
Speaker 1: So you'll hear more about this, this worldwide shortage. It's a big deal, a big deal. Just wanted to share that information with you, all right, Coming up, Amy King, She this morning interviewed Colonel Nick Haig and he's aboard the ISS. She's talking to an astronaut as he is circling the world, circling the earth in the ISS. And boy, what an interview that was. And so share parts of it with you and Amy will do the voiceover in the introduction.
Speaker 2: Et Ce, I'm gonna throw it to Amy.
Speaker 1: Gives me a chance to still work on the show and not have to work. It's a wonderful thing. This is KFI AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 1: Catch My Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app,