Speaker 1: Thank you for your word, Thank you for your ministry to us. We appreciate you coming right now with teaching, training, correction, and reproof lead us into all that you've made us to be in the new creation. We bless you for it and for your living word, not only in the atmosphere, not only coming from Holy Spirit, but alive within us. We give you the praise in Jesus' name. And everybody said, Amen, you may be seated. Hallelujah.
Speaker 2: Well, good to.
Speaker 1: See you all, praise. The Lord's going to be seventy seven tomorrow. What are you going to do with seventy seven vitamin D? Here we come, hallelujah. What a blessing.
Speaker 2: Amen.
Speaker 1: Amen, Amen, I want to talk to you a little more more today about becoming love. Becoming love. Everybody's say becoming love. Now, the truth is at the tricky title. The truth is you've already become love for Shawn for seventeen says as he is, so also are we in this world. So we've already become love essentially. But we have to bring our heart, our mind, our emotions, our behavior into agreement with what He's made us to be. And I found that with my children as well, and we are children of God. At the Wolf House, you know, we had certain things that were characteristics of the Wolf Home. And though they were wolf children, and it couldn't be taken away that they were wolf children. They certainly had our last name. They certainly popped out of Missus Wolfe, so it couldn't be denied. But many times they didn't carry forward our characteristics.
Speaker 2: And so.
Speaker 1: Part of the success of parenting is instilling in them the values, the DNA values of your family. And then when the children reflect those values, you will say things like they make me proud you ever said that kind of a thing, or you'll observe that, you know, And I know that can come rarely sometimes when we look at our kids, right, I'm teasing with you then, but you know, yeah, all the time, all the time. But they make me proud when we actually say that. What we're saying is that the lifestyle they've chosen is reflecting the lifestyle put in them, So therefore they must love me. So when children carry forward, so you know, funny things with us, you know.
Speaker 2: And I was, you know, thinking of some.
Speaker 1: Today, I was trying to think of some and I'm not being braggadosius on my family by any means whatsoever. But I was thinking, you know, trying to think of some that we instilled in them for the sake of this illustration. But you know, one was loading the dishwasher. Wolf children, we have four of them. Wolf children load the dishwasher, They do the dishes. Mom works hard on dinner. So this is, you know, the way it was often at our house. Not that Dad never helped. But you know, Mom, it's okay, you really don't want me making you dinner because every dinner I ever made taste exactly the same. And Joel calls Joel calls that goulash. I'm like, how is it, honey, She's like, that's just like the last guulash we had.
Speaker 2: How could that be?
Speaker 1: I use different flavors and different spices and different It's a good question.
Speaker 2: How can that be?
Speaker 1: I don't know, honey, all make the dinners, you so, But the kids, the kids would do the dishes, you know, the kids would load the dishwasher. And if you've heard Joel talk about this, she will tell you it was the sound of I love you when when the kids were loading the dishwasher and doing the dishes, so she would say that. Sometimes at the house, she would say, oh, I hear the sound of my children loving me because they were loading the dishwasher. Right, So that's one of the things it was, you know, And so you know carrying that forward. If you come to our house for a big dinner, you'll find that even afterwards, all the kids are loading the dishwasher and doing all the dishes.
Speaker 2: It's carried forward.
Speaker 1: So they make us proud, but they're actually saying that they love what we instilled in them so much that they carry it forward into their own homes. So one of the ways that our children.
Speaker 2: Love us.
Speaker 1: Is by carrying our DNA forward as they walk, as they live, you follow them time. Another one is I got a revelation from it. But all of my children work. No no, no, no, no no. This is twenty twenty six, and all of my children work. You don't understand, like all of my children have jobs. No no, no, you're not getting this. All of my children actually they for income. They actually have jobs. This is a big deal.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, this is this.
Speaker 1: Is like Halujah ha lujah, hallelujah, hallelujah. This is the Hallelujah chorus. You see what I'm saying. So, but this is a this is a value that we instilled in our children, is that they pay their way. They paid their way through college, they paid their way through their training, they paid their way through they bought their cars, they paid their way, they paid they continue to pay their way today and they continue to work today. It's a value to them, right, and so as they carry that forward and they instill that into.
Speaker 2: The next generation.
Speaker 1: Actually, as we observe that we see this impartation that we put in them, as they carry it forward, is a way that they love us. You know what I'm saying now, I'm bringing this up because we have been born of the spirit, and the imperishable seed of the Word of God abides in us. And that word that imperish will see to the Word of God has completely transformed our spirit man and made us new creatures in Christ. And now the Word is seeking to revolutionize not just our spirit man, but our soul and our body. And one of the things that one of the characteristics that the indwelling Word of God carries, that the Holy Spirit carries. We read a few weeks ago, I think it was on Easter Sunday, Romans five seventeen, that we have received the abundance of grace, that by the gift of righteousness we have received the abundance of grace, that we might reign in life, that we might be triumphant in life. The abundance of grace we are partaking now. Abundance of grace is the abundance of the enablement of God. And one of the most important, maybe the most important characteristic.
Speaker 2: Of God.
Speaker 1: That has been made alive within us, is a gop a love. A gop a love is already alive within you. A gope the the enablement of a gopey love, the anointing of a gop a love, the grace for a gop ay love, the power for a gop a love, the vision of a gope love is already alive within you, who are born of the spirit, and who have received the imperishable word of God. But do we carry that forward? Do we do we imitate Him in that love? Have we have we captured our on being to partner and cooperate with that love? And John twenty one and John twenty one he tells us something crazy and John twenty one, John twenty one versus one through. Wait, there's a story there. This is after the Resurrection. After the Resurrection, the disciples go fishing and they're out on the water all night and they didn't catch one fish. And so then as they're coming into shore, Jesus is there. This is after the Resurrection. Jesus encounters them and Jesus says, hey, have you caught any He yells from the shore, hey have you caught any fish? And they don't know who he is. They don't know who this vagabond is on the shore right, And they said no, and he said, cast your net on the other side. Like, oh, it's Jesus, my word, caught up with us again. I thought we were hiding out. So they throw the net on the other side and they catch all the fish and they come in and they're like, oh, my word. And so he's there with a fire and he's cooking fish. He's making breakfast for him, right, and he he and they come in and he singles out Peter, Peter with the loud mouth, with Peter with the leader of the pack, Peter with the a class clown, Peter with the onery one. And he singles out Peter, and he says, Peter you love me more than you love these fish, and he uses the word agape. He says, do you a gope me more than these more than you know you? And Peter answers, Lord, you know I fialow you. Now remember in the New Testament when you look in the strongs concordance, or you go to your et sword, or how many of you have a stronges concordance, Well you know you can load it on your phone. Now you can get a strongs on your phone. Or if you've got an es sword, how maybe have the sword on your phone. You don't have to write that down. You need esword. It's a free app. You need the sword on your phone because if you get loaded sword on your phone, you can get into commentaries, you can get into studies, you can get into you can get into the strongest concordance.
Speaker 2: And the strongs concordance.
Speaker 1: Gives you the original word on every word in the Bible, every single word in the Bible. It gives you the original word in Hebrew or Greek. So es sword you can just I think it's free. So remember in the New Testament, when you see the word love, it could be one of three things. It could be eros, it could be fi lao, it could be a gope. Right, so it could be one of those three. So we see Jesus, Jesus and Peter are interacting as like it's kind of an interesting interaction, right, And so Jesus is saying, do you a gop amy and Peter's saying I fullayo you, But nonetheless Jesus still gives him specific instruction. Jesus says, okay, well, that's good. I can work with that. Feed my sheep. If you love me, feed my sheep. If you love me? Do you really love me? Do you really love me, Peter? I want to talk to you about your love Peter. If you really love me, I'm calling you to feed my sheep. So that's the first one. There's three times he does this three times. The second time he says it again, Peter, do you love me? And he says do you God amy again and Peter says, Lord, you know I fialayo you. God's trying to raise.
Speaker 2: Our level of love and the Holy Spirit, the end dwelling Holy Spirit.
Speaker 1: That we've received in salvation is actually the love level raiser. Like God has raised our level of love so that we can live like him, we can act like him. He wants us to carry his characteristics forward. When we do, it's a way that we love him. Now, I know there's all sorts of ways that we love him, and we could. We usually think of those. One is Sunday morning church attendance, and we're thinking, I'm going to go to church because I love the Lord and that's valid. And then the other time we're thinking, I'm going to give financially because I love the Lord and that's valid. And then you know, somebody else might think of something, and you can come up with all of these ways. But the emphasis of John twenty one is feed my sheep and tend my flock. The second time he asks this, the second time, do you agape me? Peter says, I fillail you. Then the Lord he gives the same commandment. He's like, okay, well I can work with that. But here's what I'm asking you to do. Tend my flock. The word there is a different word in the Greek and it means govern, guide, lead, care for, bring order and administration to the flock. So first he says tend the flock or I mean feed the flock, and then he says, tend the flock. And then he does it again. There's a third time, and the third time Peter's like, Lord, you know my heart? You know because he says do you you?
Speaker 2: God bay me?
Speaker 1: A third time and Peter says, Lord, you know I filayo you. Now, this is God working on Peter's heart. All of us need our heartwork do on because Holy Spirit was calling Peter to a greater level of love and a cooperation and a partnership with Holy Spirit in love. And honestly, Peter was resisting it. But God wasn't letting up. Jesus wasn't letting up. God through the Son was not letting up. And so he says it again. He says it again. Feed my sheep, Feed my sheep. So this is interesting, This is interesting. How do we show our love? How do we show our love to Father. It's not about the dishwasher, it's not about work. We're not talking about the wolf family. We're talking about the family of God. How do we show that we love God? We carry forward his characteristics. Jesus was the chief shepherd. He cared for the flock. He's not here anymore. You're here, He's here through you. He's here through me. He says, I am.
Speaker 2: The good shepherd.
Speaker 1: By the way, this is John Tenn He says, I am the good shepherd, and I lay down my life for the sheep. Every other shepherd that came beforehand, they were hilings because they were thinking only about them.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's filayo love. That's the problem with fialao love. That's why Peter was in trouble. The problem with fialao love is that it's mutual. It demands mutuality. Filao love is relational love. It's the emotional love, it's friendship love, it's companion love, and requires mutuality. And I'm afraid this is the way a lot of us live in church even today. Even though we're born of the spirit, we haven't graduated up into a gop a love. A gop a love is one way love. Filayo love is two way love. If you ride a motorcycle like I do, you know that two way highways are a lot more dangerous than one way highways. On a two way highway, you can get hit, so they can be on their phone, and if you're on a motorbike, that's not a good day. You don't have an airbag, it might not be a good day. Two way love is more dangerous than one way love. One way love is intentional love. It is sacrificial love. It's investing love. It's love so that something will bloom. It's love for the benefit of another. One way love doesn't require love back. One way love a god a love. Let me read to you the difference. I've been holding my phone on purpose. You wondered if I'd lost my mind, But here I am. My mind is still working. But I had a definition here okay, a gop a love unconditional, unconditional, you tick me off. I'm still going to love you. You've got my parking spot. I'm still going to love you. You're singing my song. I'm still going to love you. You got first place on the Harmony team. I'm still going to love you. I love somebody. You got my Spanish girl zone. I'm still going to love you. You cult in front of me in the coffee line. I'm still going to love you. You took my bathroom stall and I'm in trouble. I'm still going to love you.
Speaker 3: Let's just get real, folks, Let's get real right there, Maybe.
Speaker 1: Unconditional sacrificial without constraint. It's voluntary. Nobody's making me do it. It's volitional, sacrificial, unconditional, volitional, it's of my.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: But you have to understand you can turn off the agape or you can turn it on, because you have the power in your soul to cooperate with the Holy Spirit or to discooperate. I'm afraid that in the church, and I'm not looking at anybody in particular, so I'm just my eyes room everywhere because i don't want you to feel funny. But I'm just afraid that in the church mostly we operate in for layo love. I helped them move. How come they're not helping me move. I flagged down the parking team and got them a spot, But when I needed one this week, they weren't there for me. I went down volunteered at the church. Nobody gave me a shower or of thanks. We had those folks over for dinner five times. They've never called us once. I served their kids so many times back in Nitro, They've never served me one time. I'm sick of this garbage. I'm never doing this again. I'm just burnt out. I worked in the cafe. For three months, all I wanted was a free coffee. I didn't have a dime on me. All they gave me was water. Do you know how long are you kidding me? I helped her do all of her artistic paintings. I provided half of her paints. Now when I want one, she wants to sell it to me.
Speaker 2: Flao. We're operating out of fialao love.
Speaker 1: We're expecting reciprocation all of the time, and if we don't get equal reciprocation, we're ticked off.
Speaker 2: I thought they were a Christian, all right? How long have they been serving the Lord? Anyway? We're ticked off. We're upset.
Speaker 1: Suddenly judging their level of love when we're not called to live there. The Christian is not called to live in falao. The Christian is called to live in a gope. We build up one another. We care for one another, we provide for one another, we esteem one another, we honor one another. We help one another, and we don't need it in return. We're not looking for a return.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Agape is so powerful, Remember I told you last week. A gope is so powerful that it will resolve conflicts, It will win every relationship it will break down every barrier.
Speaker 2: A gope is.
Speaker 1: There's nothing stronger than a gope, nothing in the universe stronger than a gope love. And Jesus said, my love demonstrated for you is so strong that when I'm lifted up in a gope love, it will draw all men to me. What's drawing us to Jesus is not the holy spirit club of God, the cosmic club of God. What's drawing us to Jesus is his life that he that he forgives us, that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us and gave himself for us. No greater love would one show than to lay down there. They lay down their life for a friend, and he calls us friends. How could he call us friends who have flipped him off in customs, wore and let out every kind of profanity of hatred against him, who wanted nothing to do with him, who violated everything that he ever stood for, And he calls us friends. He calls us friends, and then he laid down his life for us.
Speaker 2: That's a gopey love.
Speaker 1: A godpe love is actually what we're supposed to This is how the church will flourish. Frank talked about This is family day and God's calling us to family.
Speaker 2: This is this is how.
Speaker 1: The church is called to actually grow and mature and flourish. Is that we don't keep record of wrong suffered against us, That we believe the best about one another, that our love for one another never fails, that we desire the best for one another.
Speaker 2: This is love. This is First Corinthians thirteen.
Speaker 1: Is the living, abiding, holy Spirit expression of God through us. That we're patient. Why should I be patient? They were so impatient with me. I want reciprocation. Nope, that's falleo. Leave it behind, go to First Peter. Let's go to First Peter one twenty two. Okay with me, Listen to what fileo is. Falleo is brotherly love. It's friendship or affection, and it's literally natural affection. Everybody say natural affection. Now, I will submit to you that if you try to live out of the flow of agape and you're not born of the spirit, connected to the spirit, feeding on the spirit, you will burn out. And this is why there's so much burnout in churches, Why there's so much burnout in the things of God, so much burnout in serving. I had a small group and nobody cared about me. Well, I had a small group. I fixed snacks every week. I fix snacks. Do you have much money it costs me to have those snacks? I mean like we had goldfish, we had potato chips and dip, we had granola bars and kool aid. I mean I was spending thousands of dollars on snacks. Nobody gave a rip, nobody cared. Nobody nobody ever asked if they could do snacks. So we get all burnt out. Why are we burnt out? We're disconnected from the head. The head is love. We're disconnected from the spirit. Acting like every other Christian, and we're comparing our actions with every other Christian, therefore justifying our actions because every other small group leaders burnt out too. The lords just calling us higher. Come up out of Fialao. You don't need reciprocal love. You don't need anybody to pat you on the back. You don't need to whine and moan about your five dollars on kool aid and cheese. It's God is more than enough for you. You're going to reap from God. You don't need to reap from people. You're going to reap from God, you're not going to reap from You don't need to reap from people. You never need to reap from the same people you sewed into because you did it as unto the Lord. So you're going to reap from the Lord. The Lord is your reward. Watch him be your supply. All this grumbling and complaining and moaning and counting the cost and nobody sees it.
Speaker 2: A bunch of garbage.
Speaker 1: It's Falleoh, we're looking for recipitation from humans when God said, let me be your source, let me be your supply, let me be sufficient, Let me be enough for you, Let me be your everything. Let me be your abundance for you. Don't you know I've already chosen to put in you the anointing of abundance first Peter one, Now that you have purified yourselves, can you oh, okay, all right, all right, I messed up on this.
Speaker 2: It's my batter.
Speaker 1: I gave you the NIV, and the NIV is just not very good on this. And you know what, I go to the Bible app right then, that says, are you enjoying the Bible app It wants me to take a survey, and I'm preaching, so I said no, and I'm like, I know that's a mistake. As soon as I say no, another thing pops up. Please tell us why. No, I'm not telling you why I don't like the Bible. App I do like it. I don't have time to tell you.
Speaker 3: Why give me a break and let me alone. Bible apse, lovely, it's wonderful. Go get a life somewhere Verse twenty two. Okay, so we have it in the out of you.
Speaker 1: Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth. So you've come to Christ. You've come to Christ. You've given your heart to the Lord. Now that you've purified yourselves by obeying the truth, so that you have a sincere love for one another. The love there, that first love is fialao. Now that you've come into Christ, you've acknowledged you have a falao for one another. But I'm calling you deeper, know a gope one another deeply from the heart. Peter is calling now. This is a time under great persecution the church. He's writing to a church that's greatly distressed and under great persecution, and he's writing to them. And we don't see this when we look at the text. We don't see this, We just see love twice. But what Peter is saying by the Holy Spirit is that when you come into Christ, you come in and you begin to relate to the body out of fialao. But the Holy Spirit is calling you to now begin to a gope one another. Thank you you went forward, and thank you for going backwards, so that you have a sincere love for each other. Now a gope one another deeply from the heart. And it goes on to say, why, because you've been born of imperishable seed. Because you aren't who you are. You're thinking, I'm gonna filayo these brothers and sisters. But because you've been born of imperison vers. Twenty three place, because you've been born of imperishable seed. No, you need to come higher. The seed of God in you requires a gape with me.
Speaker 2: We have to stand, we have to close.
Speaker 1: The piano has been back there for a couple minutes, and now I'm in big trouble. The beauty, the beauty of us coming together, Wow, the beauty of us coming together as a body is rich. Actually, us coming together is telling Dad today, telling Papa, telling Abbo that we love him because we value, we cherish the body. But the other way that we cherish the body, and it requires a gope and we recognize, Okay, I have a goape in me. I'm going to intentionally, out of volition, I'm going to serve. It means getting involved, getting involved in somebody else's kids. Those aren't my kids. Why in the world would I go back and serve in Nitro? Those are not my kids. My kids grew up a while back. I'm done with kids. Oh really, are you done with God? Well, no, I'm not done with God. Then you're not done with kids. Sorry, you're not done with kids. If you're not done with God, you're not done with kids. Because the way we show him that we love him is we tend the flock. We feed the flock, We care for the flock, we feed the flock.
Speaker 2: This is a gope, a gope.
Speaker 1: So when we think about outreach or hospitality, when we think about these ministries, the Altar team, the Destiny tribe, tribe needs you, tribe, the youth ministry needs you. What am I gonna do with youth? Man, I don't know what I'm gonna do with your ministry? Find out, ask them how to support they need prayer teams that they need prayer covering, they need food, they need they need drivers. There's a host of things they need for Tribe youth, and then for the Kingdom kids, and then for the Nitro kids, and then over here we've got all sorts of We've got the Trail Life Ministry, the Heritage Girls Ministry, We've got all these ministries here right and we're gonna ask you this morning, because we're closing our lead, to run around and connect with three ministries. Don't leave the room until you connect with three ministries. You're not signing up for your life. You're not signing up. You're not even signing up. You know you're signing up. You're signing up to hear more about it. The leader is going to reach out to you and let you know more about it. We just had a big transition in the Cafe team. We need a bunch of you in the cafe. We've got transitions going on, We've got things happening. So you're thinking, oh, there's no room for me in that ministry. Oh there might be now because things are happening, and there's transitions happening all the time in every ministry. And you are the person that fits perfectly to make that thing happen. So don't leave and get your Spanish calzone, your l Salvatorian call zone until you stop by three of these and say hi, and say hi the leader, and then sign up, sign up, and in doing so you're saying, hey, I'd like to know more about it. We had over seven hundred on Easter Sunday and we didn't have room for all the cars. We need people on the parking team. All of this is caring for the flock. All of this is tending the flock, and all of it says to Father, I love you, I love you, Father. We bless your people. Let's put her hands on them.
Speaker 2: Let's see this together. Father.
Speaker 1: I agree that the seed of the Spirit, the seed of the Word, the seed of God dwells in me, that agape love is alive on the inside of me, and that I come up higher, I leave Falo behind, and I embrace the agpe that You've called me to and enabled me with in Jesus' name, And everybody said, amen, Amen, let's go, go, go, go, praise the Lord.