Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped of need.
Speaker 2: That's so you don't have to.
Speaker 1: Come running.
Speaker 3: Just as fast as we can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 4: Come Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 2: No, Tom Martino, Hey Tom Martino here, welcome to the show. You know the drill. We help people. We solve problems, answer questions, take complaints, and make life just a little easier. All you have to do is call three oh three Martino. You can call twenty four to seven, get in line. We'll get you on the air, or you can call our iHeart number when we're in the studio three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five and let me bring in our studio and say hi to Marky Mark, Hey, Brouh's up? Hey? And who's that? I see the back of the head.
Speaker 5: That is the sheep counter Scott.
Speaker 2: Oh, Deputy Dollar, it's good. We see the back of your head there, Dollar. Thank you. Now I can move my picture over so we can get the whole picture. By the way, what's on your mind today? How can we help you? That's what we ask each and every day. So if you can, if you can give us a call, we will try to solve your problems, and I do want to recap some very important problems that we have going on right now. But first I'm going to take some calls, and we also have an expert, Brad O'Brien to answer. So we're going to bring Ron up from yesterday, and I just I'm not I'm not sure what we can do about this, but I wanted to ask Brad's opinion. So let's bring.
Speaker 5: Up, well, the main question.
Speaker 4: If I we call Tom, yes, sir, I hear a weird echo on your side.
Speaker 2: By the way, I'm gonna I'm gonna do away with that. Go ahead.
Speaker 4: But anyhow, the landlord, according to the caller, Ron is adding extra money on his rent every single month, and I don't think that's legal to do anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna we're gonna talk about that, Okay, So Ron, I'll bring Ron up and bring Brad up together, and then let's just talk about this in general. What's going on Brad is that he had a leak in a ceiling and it was due to a heat exchange up there. Now keep in mind, this is infrastructure, right, So the heater, the heat exchange in the ceiling is fed by his water heater, so it provides heat to each each apartment. When our HVAC expert went out there, our HVAC experts saw that it was caused by a deteriorated line in that heat exchanger, and so basically they fixed it. Now they're charging him for damages, and he said, well, it's not my fault, and our experts said, there's no way it was his fault, no way that this thing deteriorated in the ceiling and he had nothing to do with it, they claimed, because he had done something with the controls ron What did they say that you turned on your you turned on your air, or you turned on your heat or something that caused it to overwork. What did they say? They said, you froze it up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they said, I put the thermostet on sixty seven and it froze the pipe up.
Speaker 2: Because you were trying to make it too cool.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and it was ninety degrees that day. I believe I don't know what they're talking.
Speaker 2: About, right. So basically, our guy said, there's no way it would have caused the thing to do that. Just never so because he did not pay the damages. Brad O'Brien, our real estate expert attorney. They said, we're just adding it to your rent, and if he doesn't pay it, they're evicting him. What do you think about that?
Speaker 7: Well, I don't think he acted unreasonably by turning thur much after sixty seven. Nobody knows that that's going to cause a problem. You know, if you leave your house in January and you turn off GAC while you go on vacation, that's okay that you know that's going to cause.
Speaker 2: Mum, pub do you mean if you call if you could turn off the heat in January?
Speaker 7: Right, right right, turn out the heat and you leave for a week, Okay, that's obvious. Something like that, it's going to be the tenant liability. But turning yours after the sixty seven is not acting unreasonably. So I think it seems like the.
Speaker 8: Landlord has improperly added the.
Speaker 7: Repair cost on this to the tenant. And you know, this manned up in a court suit, and I think the tenant would be in a good position to argue that they acted reasonably and the landlord has no.
Speaker 2: Right to add And even if he didn't act reasonably, the cause and effect isn't there. Our experts said, there's no way that using the air conditioner the way he did would affect the heat exchanger the way it did. So, but what does he do if he refuses to pay the expense? He keeps paying his regular rent. Did you say, Ron, they won't accept your regular rent now?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yes, she put a notice to vacate or pay the full amount by the October tenth.
Speaker 2: So what does he do? Brad Well?
Speaker 7: Ultimately this will end up in front of an addiction court judge, and I think he tells his story, and I think I think a judge of this circumstance would not grant the eviction and would invalidate this extra money that they added on to his bill.
Speaker 4: Brad Or they allowed to just add extra money to a bill. Now under rent, Well, it has to come out of the lease somewhere. It has to see in the least that something you do is get landlord a basis for doing this. So property damage, you know.
Speaker 7: If you knock a home in the wall, Okay, the landlord has the right to add that to the.
Speaker 5: To the I get you.
Speaker 4: I just thought that fees. I didn't think you were allowed to add fees.
Speaker 9: Now, Well, this isn't a fee like a late fee.
Speaker 7: This is a property damage based fee.
Speaker 5: But I get you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's not prohibited against this new statute that prohibits late fees over a certain amount.
Speaker 2: Okay. So basically, though, what he's going to have to do, unfortunately, he's going to have to not pay it, and but go ahead.
Speaker 7: He needs he needs to tender the rent payment every month and then they need to refuse it, and he needs.
Speaker 9: To document that.
Speaker 7: Take a video camera or video him trying to pay the rent and refusing it or something along those lines.
Speaker 2: Okay, so he's.
Speaker 7: Got proof that he tried to pay, but they are the ones who refused it.
Speaker 2: And then have the rent ready, Ron, the regular rent. When you go to court for eviction, you tell the judge here are there three or two payments I wanted to make they wouldn't take. And then if you want, Brad, does he bring our HVAC expert with him?
Speaker 7: Well, there's a trial, you know, that's when the expert witness may be important.
Speaker 8: To have there to testify.
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe even just Ron. So but Ron, you say that you had an HVAC expert look at it, and that the expert said this was in the ceiling, and you had no effect on it. So Ron, you're just going to have to wait until they evict you, and then you're going to have your day in court. Make sure you show up for the initial hearing and just say, look, I did not cause this damage. I'm willing to pay my regular rent. They won't accept. That's the way you do it, and we'll ride along with you on this. Ron. Remember you don't have counsel at this point. Brad is just giving his opinion. I'm not suggesting you do have counsel. Maybe you do the first time around. I don't know if you need it, but you have to decide that. You may want to just talk to Brad off the air if you want. Olslaw dot Com seven two zero three seven zero seventy three eighty eight. So let us know how it goes. Good advice. Sean also has a real estate issued Sean, I believe you were on yesterday as well, sir? Is that right? What was the issue? Sean? Let me look up your call? Go ahead, yeah, Hi.
Speaker 10: My question was what is the foreclosure timeline in Colorado? Is it ninety or one hundred and twenty? And does it determine by bank or loan?
Speaker 2: Now what do you mean the timeline?
Speaker 11: Tell me what went on before closed on?
Speaker 10: If you are ninety days late, can you be foreclosed? Or is it one hundred and twenty days? O?
Speaker 2: Oh, Brad? Is what are an actual statute on when they can start foreclosure? Oh?
Speaker 7: Yes, there's very comprehensive statute setting out all the timelines of foreclosure. If this is a residence, the first thing though lender has to do is give a thirty day pre foreclosure notice an opportunity to here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but after how long? If she misses one payment, two payment, three payments for what is it?
Speaker 7: We can be a day late.
Speaker 2: Another way, so there's no waiting period.
Speaker 5: How long do they have once they give the notice.
Speaker 12: Of the fall?
Speaker 7: Actually, I'd have to look this one up, doctor. When you send that thirty day notice, that actually might have to come after they're late by a certain amount of time. I actually look that one up.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's look that up and come back to it. I'm Tom Martinez. Three h three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Before we go to break, I want to introduce our guest today, Joe Keiano.
Speaker 13: He is.
Speaker 2: Let me get him on camera here there, you go. Joe, you're a certified financial planner and as such you talk about financial plans for families and individuals. One thing that you are really high on right now are guaranteed investments like the pension for life. If people accumulate money and want to move it over to a pension from a four oh one k an old four oh one k, maybe an IRA whatever, when should they do it, Joe? Should they do it when they are older, when they're in their middle age? When should they do it? When they get the money? Tell us about that.
Speaker 14: You know, Tom, you know when they get the money. And also age, you know, has.
Speaker 12: To play a part on it.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 14: When somebody's young, they can afford to gamble into stock market. When somebody gets a little bit older and gets nearing retirement, that's when they need to start thinking about being conservative. They got to put their money someplace that is safe, that is not to grow without the danger of the stock market tumbling down, and they get guarantees. And that's what people want today nearing retirement and at retirement, they want to have guarantees that they're going to have an income stream coming in for the rest of their lives that they're not going to be able to outlive. And that's exactly what we do.
Speaker 2: Tom.
Speaker 14: We specialize in the guaranteed Pension account, which is an annuity that is very unique. It gives a bonus and guarantees safety and growth without any danger at all of loosening their principle, their gains, or any accumulation.
Speaker 12: From their account.
Speaker 2: All right, and we have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. I'm Tom Martine and that Joe will give contact information and he'll be our guests today. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. For an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your Troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five, So I think we did. We Yeah, we took Sean and we took everyone with Brad O'Brien. Do we have any oh? Wait, Keith has a comment on evictions. Brad O'Brien was going to look up when they how long they have to foreclose? In other words, how many days or weeks or months do you have to be behind? Brad? What did you find?
Speaker 15: Tom?
Speaker 7: There's basically a sixty day waiting period on a home mortgage foreclosure.
Speaker 2: Does that mean two payments missed or sixty days wait for one payment?
Speaker 7: Well, it can be based on one payment missed, and it's because the lender has to send a thirty day notice of a pre foreclosure notice to the homeowner, but they cannot send that letter until there's a default of thirty days or more.
Speaker 12: So that is okay, sixty.
Speaker 2: Days So Sean, basically, when you miss a payment, it's got to be thirty days late. Then they send you a thirty day notice. So in effect, there's sixty days.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but don't you then once the foreclosure starts, don't you have like one hundred plus days to cure it?
Speaker 2: Yes? Now, now there's Brad. There used to be what was called a redemption period. Didn't they do away with a redemption period?
Speaker 7: Right? There's no longer any post foreclosure right of redemption for.
Speaker 2: Them, But beforehand you can for the borrower.
Speaker 7: Yes, resold for the foreclosure, there's a right of cure.
Speaker 4: Okay, So if she hasn't actually, if they haven't actually started foreclosure or sent that notice, at minimum, she's going to have thirty days plus one hundred and ten days to curate.
Speaker 7: Right that the right of cure ends fifteen days before the sale?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 5: Does that answer your question, Sean?
Speaker 16: It does?
Speaker 10: And also if I can just add, I submitted a loss mitigation package on date eighty and there was a statement of there's dual tracking. Is this helpful to help support getting a little more time to get caught up?
Speaker 2: What are you talking about a loss mitigation statement? What is that like?
Speaker 10: For instance, I was really sick, I had medical bills, So with that I submit a like a foreclosure or a lot of mitigation package.
Speaker 2: Is there a such thing as that?
Speaker 4: Well, it sounds like that's with her lenders. She's trying to get special treatment from the lender. The times ages BS.
Speaker 2: Yes, Brad, is do they have to give you special circumstances or have you ever heard of a loss mitigation statement?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's an attempt to work things out. But this anti dual this dual tracking refers to a statute the prohibits dual tracking. Dual tracking is pursuing a foreclosure while at the same time the lender has granted a loan modification. Okay, application, and that's in the works, but that has to be in writing that modification.
Speaker 4: So basically it's it's like asking for a forbearance agreement basically, right.
Speaker 7: But them sending the lender sending out this loss mitigation package is not sufficient enough to prohibit dual tracking.
Speaker 9: If not, it has to be.
Speaker 7: Signed and sealed. As far as this formerance.
Speaker 4: At a curiosity, how much equity do you have in the house, I'm.
Speaker 10: Going to say it maybe sixty thousand.
Speaker 4: I wonder how she could tap into that to get this thing out of this uh at a bad shape.
Speaker 2: You know, how many payments behind are you? Sean yesterday?
Speaker 10: Let's see, I am right at the ninety day?
Speaker 2: No, how many payments have you missed?
Speaker 10: Oh, I'm sorry three months.
Speaker 5: Which which equals what six grand? Ten grand?
Speaker 2: What that is?
Speaker 10: Sixth grand?
Speaker 2: Okay, how do you propose to make up the sixth grand?
Speaker 10: Are you talking to me?
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm talking to you, Sean.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I took a second job and just join everything I can to get.
Speaker 2: Caught back up. So when is your next payment?
Speaker 10: Do today?
Speaker 2: So this will be the fourth month? October?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay? So do you have today's payment?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: Will you have November first payment?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 2: And when will you make up the others?
Speaker 10: I don't know right now, Sean.
Speaker 2: Here here's the deal. You're going to have to have a better plan than I don't know. You're going to have to have a You said you submitted something. What did you submit? I don't know? Or what what was in your in your plan?
Speaker 10: They basically asked, what was the cause of you, you know, not making payments? I submit that answer and quote lost mitigation package. They say they review it and if they agreed, then they work with you on either putting those payments on the back of the loan or allowing you time.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, okay, a modification agreement. So if they do a modification, they put it at the end usually or they have some kind of side action going. But you haven't heard from them on that right.
Speaker 10: They basically stated that they receive a loss mitigation package and they have intele Octom fifteen to either agree or disagree, and then I potentially have to come up with everything by that time if they don't.
Speaker 2: Agree, and you might, okay, you're gonna have If I were you, I wouldn't wait. I would have an alternative plan. Hey, Donald, Yes, can she qualify for a helock a he lock? Not? With being ninety days late?
Speaker 5: She's oh, I had no income.
Speaker 2: Well, actually she's going to be more than ninety days. She's gonna be one hundred and twenty days late.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that's going to be on her credit. She already torched it.
Speaker 2: What is your income per year?
Speaker 10: About forty five thousand.
Speaker 5: She's never going to qualify, But you're even a hard Is you any loan? There's not enough equity?
Speaker 2: What is your total what is your total equity? Not equity?
Speaker 17: Sorry?
Speaker 2: Your total loan to sixty seven to sixty seven? You know, you might want to call Frank Ran the real estate man, and I'll tell you why. He can help you possibly sell it. Now. You probably don't want to sell it, but it's better than being foreclosed on.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's an option for sure.
Speaker 2: I mean he's helped a lot of people. What he does when he steps in, he contacts the lender, he puts off a foreclosure many times because they trust him, and then he goes out and sells it and then you at least salvage some equity that Let me give you his number. I'm serious, you call him because he has done this a lot for people. Now in this economy or recently he hasn't, but back in the recession of my god, he's been doing it. Frank Duran homes dot com or Frank Duran the real estate man dot com. But here's his number, three oh three, nine to zero sixteen twenty two. He will tell you also what he thinks it will sell for. It might sell for more than you think. And I'm just saying, Sean, that might not be optimum, but it's sure better than losing everything. Another question, real quick, how long have you been in the home for years? Oh my god, So you don't relish the idea of leaving at all. I'm sure.
Speaker 10: I'm not stuck in one particular thing. It's a lot of memories, for sure.
Speaker 2: But also.
Speaker 10: I realized that might have to take certain options.
Speaker 2: You know, please call him and Brad O'Brien, thank you very much for being here again. For real estate issues, we use Brad all the time, and he can really help with landlords, of course if they're facing squatters or evictions and stuff. I wonder if he wants to hang on for Keith's well, probably not. It doesn't matter. We're gonna take Keith after the break, and we're going to take Ivan about a car warranty issue and then an issue with the United States Postal Service three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. I'm Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talks seven one three, eight, two five five Keith, what is your comment on evictions, sir? What is your comment?
Speaker 18: Well, regarding that caller that called in about the you know, the the ruining the cooler because he said it to sixty seven, it's my guess is that because of the new law, you have to you can't you can't end somebody lease anymore. You have to evict them for cause, which means they probably don't want them there, and they're coming up with something because sixty seven degrees is outrageous, you know, to hold him accountable for ruining the cooling system.
Speaker 2: By saying, well, first, let's let's remember this, Okay, let's listen to this. He did not that that what froze up was the heat exchanger, just so you know, yeah, I mean what what not? A froze up? What leaked was that? And I don't know how the air conditioner side can affect the heat exchanger side, but even if it did, I mean, setting your air conditioner on sixty seven, as our attorney said, is not unreasonable exactly.
Speaker 18: That's what makes me think that they just want to get rid of them, and they're trying to come up with an excuse that would give them cause to eviction.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, Keith, appreciate the comment. Now go to Rocky and we do have lines open at three zho three seven to one to three talk, or you can go to three oh three Martino three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six. Rocky, what's going on with the United States Postal Service?
Speaker 19: Sir?
Speaker 8: Well, I'm trying to get my mail delivered.
Speaker 2: Oh well, if that's not what they do, they just not just kidding.
Speaker 8: I never have a problem with They tell me they do, but they don't.
Speaker 2: Tell me what's going on.
Speaker 20: Well, we live in Greeley. We run both a business and we live here. Yeah, we have a mountain property outside of Fort Collins, which we've had for over thirty five years. Yeah, it's been in the family for a long time. We've gotten mail up there.
Speaker 2: Did it just stop all of a sudden or has it been intermittent? Rocky? How has it been?
Speaker 8: It's been somewhat intermittent.
Speaker 20: But what happened was a year ago or so. We don't We had ordered something from Amazon, and you know, when you order from Amazon, you don't always know how it's gonna come. Sometimes Amazon delivers it. Sometimes it's mail, you're right, Yeah, so we ordered something.
Speaker 2: And sometimes it's a Federal Express, and sometimes it's ups yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 20: So we don't know. So why I ordered something from Amazon. It showed up through the mail, and then I get a letter in the box there when I'm picked it up from our carrier coming us. A couple of things. Number One, she's saying we haven't gotten mail in two years, which wasn't true, and by all right, she should just returned it upon arrival, but she was going to do me a favor this time and leave it there.
Speaker 2: What does she mean? Wait? Wait, wait, wait, she meant that you haven't gotten mail, or or she's delivered mail but you haven't picked it up.
Speaker 20: She No, she said, we have not received mail there, and once we've done two years, they're no longer obligated to deliver to us, which is number one. I don't think that's true.
Speaker 8: Number two, we do get mail, it's intermittent.
Speaker 20: We have a couple of trusts up there. I have a vehicle registered there. I cleaned that to her and she threw a fit because she said, you can't register that there.
Speaker 2: First of all, she's not a cop, and she's not a lawyer. She should shut up. But may I ask you this, Let me ask you this you have. Is it a cabin? Is it a mountain home?
Speaker 8: What is it? Well, it's a cap well we call it a cabin. It's a mountain home. I mean's three bedrooms, bath.
Speaker 2: So it's a vacation a mountain vacation home is.
Speaker 20: A vacation home.
Speaker 2: And you don't get and you don't get much mail there. So as a result, as a result, she said she's going to stop.
Speaker 20: She did. But so keep in mind.
Speaker 8: Now we're in a literary called tuter Citty.
Speaker 20: There's about twenty homes there. There's only one full time resident. Everybody else there is still getting mailed.
Speaker 2: So after I yeah, but maybe they get well yeah, but listen, she's saying. The issue is that if you don't get mail, then they don't consider it an active address. That's what she's saying.
Speaker 17: That's true.
Speaker 8: But it's in one of those row boxes that I bought.
Speaker 20: It's my box, and all.
Speaker 8: They got to do is put it in there. It's not a big deal. But if of the other eighteen people in that area, they're all just like us, have helms on the front range.
Speaker 20: And they're getting mail there. So when they got mad about it, then they fell back.
Speaker 2: Wa wait wait, wait, but are those neighbors they get mail there? Do they have spotty deliveries other times too? Are they do? They get not much mail?
Speaker 17: Just like us?
Speaker 20: Just like us, they're mostly weekender people. We go up for a week or two sometimes in the summer, different times. So now they've fallen back, and they told me that it is illegal, quote illegal to have two residential addresses in the United States, which is ridiculous.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about? It's illegal to have two residential What does that mean?
Speaker 20: You don't know what.
Speaker 8: They're talking It's ridiculous.
Speaker 20: I agree, I don't know. So I challenged them on it. I talked to the big post office. I talked to our post office and greely who thought it was ridiculous. They said, we deliver mail, that's what we do.
Speaker 8: This is this is ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Wait wait wait, now, who literally, Rocky. I'm sorry if I'm gonna call BS on this call, but who actually said to you, Rocky. I know you're frustrated, and I know you heard something that might sound like that, But who actually said you're not allowed to have two residential addresses. Who told you that?
Speaker 8: The postmaster in Bellevue, Colorado.
Speaker 2: Then we're gonna call him. No enough said, I want you to call him Bellevue, Colorado Depity. I'm gonna have Deputy D called Bellevue, Colorado. The postmaster told you, do you mind giving your I'm gonna, Rocky, I'm gonna have D call you off the air. Get your last name. I'm going to verify that before we go on. Okay, because that is a premise I cannot accept. If that postmaster told you that, I want him to tell us that you're not allowed to have two residences. There are people that have two houses all over. I have two houses and I get mail at both of them.
Speaker 4: Maybe they mean only one primary and then you can have money.
Speaker 2: But but what difference would that? How about the US post Office? No mark right that would think you would know?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 2: Of course they wouldn't. It's ridiculous. It's absolutely ridiculous. Okay, So so hold on, Kachina, get this information. A Deputy D. I want him to call Bellevue post Office. Talk to the postmaster. Do you recall his name? Rocky?
Speaker 20: Well, but I want to tell you. She told me. She read me a thing. She said, I was going to take me a while to look it up. She took two weeks. She called back and read this thing that says we.
Speaker 8: Can't have two addresses. I asked her a copy of it.
Speaker 20: She said that is.
Speaker 8: Internal information and we're not.
Speaker 20: Allowed to disseminate that which is full. She read me something and she doesn't want to give me a copy of it her.
Speaker 2: So hold on. If she told you you're not allowed to have two residential addresses in the United States, I want her to tell us that. I want, I want. I want to do that because I think you're exaggerating, Tim to get our attention. I'm sorry, that's what I think you're doing, and I will help you without you, I mean, Rocky, without you exaggerating will help you. But but here's the deal. I also want to find out about that that that claim that if you get sparse mail delivery, they're allowed to call it inactive and not deliver mail anymore. That's what she's saying as well. So hold on and we'll come back to you, I promise. Meanwhile, Joe Canno, we got a question for you. Is there a minimum somebody wants to know with a four oh one k or an IRA. First of all, I want to explain something when Joe says, to draw money out of a four oh one k an I RA or a retirement count that is invested in the stock market or sitting idle because you left an employer, you have to have what's called in your plan the authority to take an in service distribution, or you must close the plan. So if you're still working and you've accumulated a lot of money and you want to start an annuity, you have to have an option and in your plan, and only the plan writer puts it in there what's called in service distribution, which allows you to take money out in lump sums and put them into iras which can then go into an annuity. If you do not have in service distributions, you have to close the plan, and that may not be recommended, but there are plenty of people with orphan plans they're no longer active, and for those you don't need an in service distribution. Having said all of that, the question to on the floor right now for Joe Cano, a certified financial planner, is this, is there a minimum amount to start an annuity, Joe.
Speaker 14: It is you know, don't with our company, it takes ten thousand dollars minimum to begin the annuity, only ten thousand dollars. Hey, Can I say something real quickly about the in service distribution that you were talking about? Yes, now, when people are over fifty nine and a half, I would say that over ninety percent of employers if they're still working for the same if the employees working with the same company, they can have the service distribution. The key is that they have to be over at the age of fifty nine and a half.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, but for that, if you're over fifty nine and a half, you don't need an in service dis That's right, that's right. Thank you for that clarification. You've bet my money my way dot com three oh three seven seventy nine sixty six hundred go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to listen your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three all three seven one to three talk. I want to know if this improves anything. I'm going to turn off that something here and just see if it helped. Right there, let me know, especially you pain in the ass. And that is a hutch on YouTube By the way, people, I'm sorry if you're not on YouTube and streaming because you're missing half of the show. But hey, Cyrus is on and wants to talk about an air conditioning problem. Hi Cyrus, what's happening with you? What's going on?
Speaker 21: Cyrus to youto, sir, I appreciate that very much. I have this quill is sitting outside of my house and it hasn't been cleaned with the last what six seven years or something like that.
Speaker 2: Wait wait, wait, what's what's sitting outside your house?
Speaker 21: It will that attached to my head counditioning that is based on us.
Speaker 2: Oh you mean like a grill like you're talking about like the condenser.
Speaker 21: Yeah, commenser, Yes, okay, is sitting outside right.
Speaker 2: And it hasn't been cleaned. Where are you located, Cyrus?
Speaker 21: I am in West Winster them have you ever?
Speaker 2: You know? For thirty nine bucks Man, you can get that sucker clean like there's no tomorrow.
Speaker 16: Yes, I do, I do, I do.
Speaker 21: I'm culling to that till the nine dollars.
Speaker 2: Yes, now the thirty nine. Let me make this clear. The thirty nine dollars special the extreme clean. It's thirty nine for the AC system because that has a whole system to itself. They do share some common components with the furnace, but it's thirty nine dollars for just the furnace and thirty nine dollars for just the AC so you can have them both done. I think they'll probably give you a deal. In fact, you know, I'll ask George if it'll give you a deal. But here's the thing, no matter what, even if you paid thirty nine for each, it's well worth it. I swear to you. They spend an hour and a half to two hours doing this thing, and it's really cute.
Speaker 16: Come yeah, I trust you.
Speaker 2: How old is your system?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 21: I would say twenty nine years old?
Speaker 2: Okay, Cyrus. I'm going to give you a warning on something, and it's not just about fix it, it's about any company in the world. And Mark will back me up on it. Let me bring up, let me you know. I actually we're we're we're leaving right now, so hold on. We're going to come back to you then. Mark, we're going to talk about some of the dangers when you have an older system and most any other company, they're going to recommend a new one, and I'm going to tell you what to do about that. Coming up, Okay, I'm Tom Martino. More to come on the Troubleshooter Show. Get your calls in three oh three Martino three oh three six two seven eight four six ' six Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ritter you you need advice so you don't have Come runs as fast as a can. No Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 5: Come six is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 2: No Don Martinez, Hi, Tom Martino here, welcome to the show. Let me bring in my compadres in the studio. You see Mark back there with the goatee that's very very long, looks like a mountain man. And then then we have a certified financial planner, Screenwright, and then the back of the head, thank god, is Deputy Dollar. If you're tuning in to YouTube, and by the way, if you're on radio, great because that's where most of our audiences, the YouTube morons just entertain us and seriously get your calls in to get help, information and referrals, because that's what we do here. And on a serious note, we have had some really major major things this week. Mark, can you recap because you took over yesterday after I had to take off, and so I want to recap this problem. A guy said that he bought a car and it had major damage. It was a Subaru eighteen thousand miles on it. He bought an extended warrant. The rear end gave out. He took it to Shomp and Schamp fixed it and did not charge him. And then he said, and it went out again, and he took it to Schamp and they saw major, major damage. And he wants his money back or something, or he wants the dealer to fix it.
Speaker 4: I think his wife did something to the car.
Speaker 2: Really, Yeah, why because there were two videos?
Speaker 5: Right, yeah, there's two videos.
Speaker 4: So the first one there's no problem, and then a week later there's problems. I mean that there's broken things underneath. Somebody hit something. He claims it's not him. The only other person that I think it could be is his wife. He doesn't think his wife would lie, although I didn't think Suzanne would lie to me. And I guess it's not technically lying if you don't say anything, right, it's withholding information. So I think his wife is withholding information.
Speaker 2: What did the video show that he had two videos? In fact, the dealer Booth Motors is the one that told us about this. They said, look, this was not like.
Speaker 4: The videos over to Kevin Calkin to analyze so before and after, and Kevin was like, there is no way.
Speaker 5: This car was not in an accident or.
Speaker 4: Run over something or someone did damage to it in that week's time period. And Booth Motors Nick Booth. I think it was Nick. He's a stand up guy. I don't know if you remember this, but we did have a problem probably a year or so ago with him. I don't even remember what it was, but he hopped right on it. I don't know if it was something they did, I just don't remember. But as far as automotive dealers go, it's nice when the guy will hop right on if there's an issue. Most of these these new dealerships, my god, they won't hop.
Speaker 2: On it all. Not only that Mark, but Longmont dealerships. Come on, you gotta admit we.
Speaker 5: Booth might be the only good one in long Mind.
Speaker 2: You really you really feel I mean, you got a good gut and you felt good about this? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I do, I feel good about Wow.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's that's cool. Let me bring you in here. Okay. So, so you talked to him and you feel the guys being straight.
Speaker 4: There's no there is no way that damage was there the first time, meaning there's no way Booth Motors sold the car.
Speaker 2: And Shop took videos both times.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, they took videos when they first brought it in, and I only took videos they did in alignment, and the alignment came out perfect. So therefore, when all this other damage happened there, there's no way they could have aligned it.
Speaker 5: It'd be impossible, all right.
Speaker 2: So basically we're closing this. We don't have anybody to go after. And Tim, he's pissed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got it for his wife. That would be the only personals.
Speaker 2: Okay, but he said there's nothing happened to car. He didn't know about it. Okay, fine, then we had of course, Uh, we have two other pending problem. So I'm going to go to the phones first. Uh three oh three, seven to one three talks seven one three A two five five JR wants to JR. One of our YouTube warns he's also pretty smart with cars. He has a comment. Go ahead, JR. You have a comment on that damage car. We were just talking about, right, what's happening?
Speaker 13: Yeah, how far in between the alignment and the damage was noticed? Because how many times have you had people call in and say I've took my car to a dealer or a mechanic. Next thing, you know, I see him driving my car around.
Speaker 5: Well, it was one week.
Speaker 13: Hitter alignment on it, and at a WJR.
Speaker 2: It was one week, it was one week later, one week later.
Speaker 9: It's a hot rod. I would love to drive that car crazy, What if they do?
Speaker 2: You mean hot rod? It's a twenty twenty one.
Speaker 4: Or when he picked it up from the dealership, the dealership said they did the alignment, gave it to him, and he said the vehicle drove perfectly. He said there was no problem. Then it went out a sudden.
Speaker 5: There was a problem three days later.
Speaker 2: Right, so JR. Yeah, I think go ahead.
Speaker 13: After the alignment, they do a test drive.
Speaker 5: The dealership decided to go ruin, Jr.
Speaker 2: Are you saying that in the test drive the dealership did it did to them.
Speaker 4: And then it just so happened to drive perfect when he picked it up for three days for a week.
Speaker 2: He's making no sense. Sorry, I think he's got I think he hit the vodka this morning. I mean he's making he usually makes really good sense. Does he's making argue that he's saying that the dealership test drove the car after the alignment, and the dealership did the damage. And then if that's the case, Why did the consumer say it drove great for the first week after it took it from the dealer. I don't I don't agree with any of it. Elliott, you have a question for Joe Keano certified financial place enter at my moneymway dot com. Go ahead, sir, Elliott.
Speaker 17: Go ahead. Yeah, yeah, I'm here. Thanks. And Joe, you know, can urg you guys offuse? You know about that six index and movie? And you know it sounds like, you know, you know something that I that I, you know, definitely want to look into. And I do have some other investments and uh that I probably don't want to touch, you know, that are yeah, high value. But I also have you know, some other money, you know, kind of put away, you know, and like some interest bearing savings at alense, you know, you know, and one of them, I've got about sixty five or sixty seven thousand dollars. Do you think I'm a good candidate there for that Fictioniti?
Speaker 2: And now are you going to be able? I just want to ask you this before Joe chimes in, are you gonna are you going to add to that over the years or do you want to do a lump sum of sixty seven.
Speaker 17: Probably a lump sums. You know, you know because I'm retired now, so you know that.
Speaker 2: If you did a lump sum of sixty and when do you plan on tapping it for income?
Speaker 17: I'm already kind of taking disbursement, so my retirement income.
Speaker 2: So do you want to I know, but on this annuity, if you did sixty seven thousand, when do you anticipate you'd want to start taking that income? Do you need it right away?
Speaker 17: No? No, I mean, I mean I don't know five ears down the line.
Speaker 2: Okay. So basically, here's what's going to happen. Joe, right he gets doesn't he get an immediate ten thousand dollars bump.
Speaker 14: He'll get a fifteen percent bonus, okay.
Speaker 2: Which is about ten grand.
Speaker 12: Fifteen percent bonus.
Speaker 14: And Elliott, I think you would be a perfect candidate for the annuity.
Speaker 12: Number One, you're retired. I'm sorry, you're retired.
Speaker 14: So right now you have the money sitting on a at a bank account, which is not really providing you with all the benefits that the annuity will provide you with. One specific benefit will be a guaranteed lifetime income. So five years from now or if you can wait seven years or any time.
Speaker 2: Kenny, Okay, let's let's do what he really asked about. He's going to have sixty seven, it's going to be basically seventy seven with the bump, and he gets seventy seven for five years. What's that going to amount to in five years? For income?
Speaker 14: D Well, you know, I mean normally the annuity doubles in about five to seven years. So without having my calculator in front of me here, I can't tell you exactly what.
Speaker 2: That even if. Okay, but that's the principle we're talking about. I'm talking about the monthly check.
Speaker 14: Yeah, that's something that we need to calculate, Aliat, right right, and I need to I need no your age for one thing, and what kind of calculated and I can send you the information.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right. In five years, how old are you going to be.
Speaker 17: Five years? I will be sixty eight years.
Speaker 12: That perfect.
Speaker 14: Yeah, you're the perfect person for an annuity because it has to be besides the guaranteed income, it has long term care benefits and it has a death benefit.
Speaker 17: So so i've heard you know kind of you know, been teaking my curiosity. If I hear Tom and you come on regularly and it's like this my in on my way dot com. Uh yeah, but I would like to go ahead and pursue this and I can provide you with my you know a little bit more and you know information about me, and uh maybe we can pick it up. But I do like one thing you said, you're never losing You're.
Speaker 12: Never going to lose any money. You're not going to lose that.
Speaker 4: And even if you croaked, whoever you're leaving the money to would actually get it as well, right.
Speaker 12: If you prematurely die Illia, oh croaked?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Okay, Well, so let me have your uh.
Speaker 17: Okay, I'm interested in rest.
Speaker 12: Okay, So how can we get your information?
Speaker 5: Kelly?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's let's just we'll just give look, we'll just get his number. You can call him later. But I'm going to I'm going to tell you that I did some calculations based on being sixty eight and five years and you could see monthly payouts up to five hundred a month depending on the specific interest rate environment, but it could be about five maybe even a little more a month, five hundred a month in five years, and that's providing you get a fifteen percent bump. Now, Joe can do those calculations to give you an exact amount because it is guaranteed, right Joe, absolutely guaranteed.
Speaker 4: What I would like is maybe have Jordan or someone in your office run if someone out there forty years old right now, because here's where you make the big bucks.
Speaker 5: I don't care what anybody says.
Speaker 4: And you put one hundred thousand or two hundred thousand whatever you've had saved up, and then it sits there and grows for twenty five years. You're looking at a huge, a huge.
Speaker 2: Very very good, very good. Yeah, if that Rep man, can you have Jordan calculate that.
Speaker 12: He's not at the office right now? Oh okay.
Speaker 14: But the thing is, though, I we'll definitely get those numbers for Elliott, all.
Speaker 2: Right, and we have to we have to take a break. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five eight eight eight Heating dot Com Garrett and his team great people for high efficiency hybrid systems. You have a solar system, you might want to do a hybrid system that's where you combine electric and gas, or you can do go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing Dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. All right now, Ryan, jeez.
Speaker 5: Well go back.
Speaker 4: Let's pull him back up. I mean, here's the bottom deal he's saying. One, listen to this. Since he bought the vehicle brand new from I think he said AutoNation in twenty twenty one, it's been in the shop one out of every seven days.
Speaker 5: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: And it all started one year after So he can't invoked the Lemon law. The warranty, Ryan, we we we were talking about did the warranty take care of everything?
Speaker 11: The warranty has covered the majority of the repairs, however, not all the repairs, because they've blamed me for some of these.
Speaker 2: What did they blame you for? What did they blame you?
Speaker 11: There was a hole in this hose that was up against the firewall of.
Speaker 5: The What was it a line?
Speaker 11: No, it was like an air.
Speaker 2: Intake for those Well, how can they blame you for that? Though? How can they blame you for that?
Speaker 11: They said that I probably did it when I changed the air filter, but it was up against the firewall. I'm telling them, I have no idea.
Speaker 2: How would it have broken itself?
Speaker 5: Is it possible?
Speaker 4: Let's look at it from their stance, if you didn't mess with anything, how would that just break? Is it like a hose it busted or what?
Speaker 2: No, the holy said it's it's.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's a plastic thing that had a bracket mounted to like the firewall or the something.
Speaker 8: And then so when when something.
Speaker 15: Moved, it broke.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's minor compared that's minor compared to everything else. So let's let's talk about the overall truck. What the hell's going on with it? When you said it's in the shop for one hundred and seventy days, I want you to think carefully how many different problems or where they're just basically the same ones over and over.
Speaker 11: No, there's been a plethora of various problems, everything from transmission to motor mounts, to catalytic converter to emissions.
Speaker 2: Well this sounds terrible.
Speaker 5: Well it's out of manufacturer's warranty, so or no, it's not. You said right, It is currently.
Speaker 11: Under warranty, but I only have like ten thousand miles before I'm out of warranty. Well, when they just keep fixing it and giving me.
Speaker 1: The truck, no, I get it.
Speaker 2: I get what you're saying. You're afraid of the damn thing. What's gonna happen.
Speaker 4: What I do is let's get it fixed for the umpteeth time and put it up for sale.
Speaker 2: Man may I Yeah, I wondered that's what it's going to ask. What do you want Ryan though?
Speaker 4: And do it quickly while they still have ten thousand miles of manufacturer's warranty, because when people are looking to buy a used vehicle, that's really important.
Speaker 11: Yes, absolutely, and I plan on selling it as soon as I get it back. However, I'm I am not sure I feel comfortable with that, because I here, I am passing off this problematic truck that I.
Speaker 5: Believed and traded it my back. Yeah, I'm not here to try to help your conscience.
Speaker 2: But no, But Ryan, what do you Ryan? What do you want? When you called us? What do you want? Basically? What are you calling about? Like, like, if you could do something, do you want them to buy it back? What do you want?
Speaker 11: I would like it. I feel like i'd be fair if they bought it.
Speaker 5: They're not buying it back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, correct, they'd probably do it, trade in on it and probably give you a fair price.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, if they're the ones fixing it, they should be able to take it in on trade.
Speaker 11: If in my opinion, they're lowballing me because they know it's a problematic truck on trade.
Speaker 2: In, well, what are they offering they get there, I've.
Speaker 11: Been offered from thirty two thousand to thirty.
Speaker 2: Five thousand, and well, how do you know it's lowballing? Let's ask Rodney hold on a second. Let's ask Rodney. He's a great guy, and if he took it in on trade, he'll give us.
Speaker 4: Honestly, if all of this stuff I'm trying to think, if it would show up, Yeah, it probably is on Carfax, have.
Speaker 1: You by the way.
Speaker 2: By the way, hold On, hold on. I want to get to Dan McKenzie right now because I've been trying to get him on for a while on this quick claim. Then will you have a comment on this? Hang on? Will have will hang on? He has a comment on Ryan's issue. First, Dan McKenzie, Dan, I appreciate you being here. And Dan McKenzie in estate planning attorney at eight three three Coeo Plans. I want a quick question Dan. We had a guy call in and he wanted to know if he could undo this. And here's what it is. Basically, his father deeded him the house in a quit claim deed, and he inherited his dad's basis of like some ridiculous amount and like two hundred thousand and it's worth like six hundred now or something. He just wants to know, and I told him that was the wrong way to do it. They should have done a beneficiaries deed or some kind of trust or whatever. He wants to know. Can I undo it? Can Can my dad just quit claim it back to him? I mean, can I just quit claim it back to him?
Speaker 15: So?
Speaker 2: How does that work?
Speaker 22: I think you know, I've been told that that really can happen. That might be a better question for a CPA. But if the intent was not necessary to give but you know, for convenience purposes or something for estate planning purposes, it is possible that they could save that capital game basis actually so.
Speaker 2: So if he undid it and went back to his own you don't think it might screw with anything. I mean, like I.
Speaker 22: Said, I would, I would confirm with the CPA first because it's like, you know, the death probably should have filed a gift tax return. Call Eric, yeah, and then uh, and then you know he might have to do it again on the way back. But I have been told when I when I've investigated this, that there is a way that potentially it could be done and uh and preserve that capital game.
Speaker 20: Step up.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, I don't think they did a gift tax return. I don't think they knew what they were doing now so does Yeah. But but thank Stan McKenzie ate three to three co plans and and that's really what we wanted to ask. So we will check with Eric Reinemer or or one of the people at Atlas CPAs and Advisors. Thank you, uh, to get a second opinion on it.
Speaker 5: I'm curious as hell now on that deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really am too.
Speaker 4: Now the guy needless to say, if the guy was dead, it doesn't matter, right, there's no way they do anvers.
Speaker 2: You don't undo it then, so we we do have to take a break. I'm gonna ask everyone's indulgence on sticking around. Please three all three seven, one three eight two five five go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your trouble shooter three oh three seven one three talk three o three seven one three eight two five five people, I got I got some news for you. Never ever, ever, ever, ever take melatonin in the morning.
Speaker 4: I think most people listening would probably know that already.
Speaker 2: Oh God, no mark this.
Speaker 5: I suggest you throw ambient in with that as well.
Speaker 2: And they said one milligram shouldn't make you sleepy. One milligram is making me extremely sleepy. And anyway, uh, the only time I get this sleepy is when you do the show. And uh, I just I listen to get a nap anyway, three just the opposite. Actually, I'm on what anyway? Three oh three, seven, one, three eighth two, five to five. Let's talk to Ryan with this multiple issues on the twenty twenty one. I don't know what were we going to do with this.
Speaker 4: I mean, well, he's going to trade it in. I don't know where else we're going to get Rodney.
Speaker 2: I wanted to get Rodney, that's why.
Speaker 5: And see if the values right good idea.
Speaker 11: Part of the reason I can't trade it in right now is because they still have my truck.
Speaker 2: Well good, then you're going to get it back. I mean, I just want to know what price you should get for that, and if they're treating you fairly. Hold on, Kachina, did you hear me ask for Rodney if you could try him? And that would be great at JFR Cars. Now Samantha's calling Samantha is calling back with the Larry H. Miller deal. Now, Samantha, when we last checked with you, obviously this was a we had an attorney on to analyze this. You bought a twenty twenty dodge ram from Larry H. Miller. Two weeks later they said, look, we can't get the financing assigned. You need to put more money down now according to your contract or not. Two weeks later they called you four weeks later or something like that. I think on seventeen days. Oh, I know what it was. No, it's twenty seven days. Twenty seven days later, and according to our attorney, they only have ten they only have really ten days to notify you, and according to their own contract it's ten days. But here's what I want to know. She said, you could probably hold him to the deal. But Mark analyzed that deal and says it sucks. You ought to just undo it. Anyway, Where do you stand right now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you bought Why did you buy every piece of mop and glow they threw at you?
Speaker 23: So at this point I'm actually.
Speaker 10: Working with Rena.
Speaker 23: We're actually going to be repleaning her so that way we can move forward.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 23: I mean, ultimately, you know.
Speaker 9: This is this is ultimately my husband's.
Speaker 23: Truck, and this is the truck that he worked very hard for, right, you know, like we're.
Speaker 3: Going to follow through with that.
Speaker 23: You know, We've we've got several different you know, like options as far as like talking to the police, talking to attorneys, talking to you guys. Yeah, you know, actually you know, filing filing a chart with the.
Speaker 10: Department of Revenue. Yeah, there's a bunch of things going on, right good.
Speaker 23: Yeah, So we're definitely following.
Speaker 2: But here's what you need to tell your husband. Just the deal itself there, it was packed with a lot of junk you didn't need. I mean seriously, and and I don't know if you're even if you're going to fight for this deal, if you will ever have the opportunity to remove some of that junk. But it was a bad deal, sister. It was a bad deal. Like, you got a lot of crap you didn't need. And I'm thinking, I don't know, I'm just thinking that it's not something that you you want. I'm Tom Martine. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Stick around and we'll see what we can do for you. Three oh three seven one three talk or three oh three Martino go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Please time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: D News need advice so you don't have come runs a cam Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 20: Come man, this is.
Speaker 5: The Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 2: Know Tom Martinez, Hey, welcome to the show. Three o three he's seven one three talk three oh three, he's seven to one three eight two five five. What's going on in your life? How can we help you? Let's uh talk? What is going on? Well? We have who do we have in the studio? Mark with you? Did I know Joe? I believe?
Speaker 4: So Jordan has joined us and he's going to run some numbers for us on a annuity.
Speaker 5: And then we've got Deputy Dollar. That's here.
Speaker 4: We've got Dragon of course on the other side, waving, and then Kelly answering the phones.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me go back to Deputy d here with me. There was a guy who called in about the Post Office. Dan. He said that he if you don't get a lot of mail, they they cut off your mailbox from ever getting mail again. That was one claim he made. If you get intermittent mail, you can be cut off. Is that true or not?
Speaker 24: No, I successfully reached a great enthusiastic contact way inside the Post Office. Yeah, and I just spoke with him, so he's going to investigate this issue, both of these questions. Internally, it sounds like there was a miscommunication. The mail should not stop after two years of inactivity. But besides that, the consumer disputes the two years of inactivity anyway.
Speaker 2: Okay, now, okay. Then he made another claim. He said he called the Post Office and they told him that when you have you can't have two residential addresses in the United States, which I think is bull crap. Yeah.
Speaker 24: I had a similar reaction, and our contact inside the Post Office has a reaction that's very similar to that too.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's not true. Yeah, he believes that the Lakes. I'm not going to handle I'm not going to handle this caller because I think we drop it when when callers are they don't tell us that truth. They try to get us.
Speaker 4: Why don't you think the caller told the truth and not the moron he was talking to at the post office.
Speaker 24: Well, you know, let me just finish what the gentleman at the post office is doing.
Speaker 2: And by the way, d did not talk to the guy he talked to him.
Speaker 5: No, no, I'm not talking to the guy you talk to. I'm talking about the guy he claims he talked too.
Speaker 12: Well, let me put it this way.
Speaker 24: The gentleman I contacted well within the post office is going to investigate this and he's going to enlist the help of the person who's in charge of the local postmaster to help resolve both of these issues. So the one who talked to him probably the one who talked to the consumer. Yeah, sounds to me like that lady was wrong. So the post office I think that. I wonder if the lady actually said it. Mark thinks maybe she did say.
Speaker 4: Dude, you know, they're better now, So I don't want to dog them like I used to, but they used to lie to me at the Franktown Post Office.
Speaker 5: They would say they.
Speaker 4: Tried to deliver stuff, there's nothing, and on a camera they're just outright liars. I mean, I don't know how else to put it, but I will clarify now that the majority of them are.
Speaker 5: Done and gone, and the new ones that are in, they're doing a better job.
Speaker 24: Great, Mark, Well, this gentleman is going to help us out. He's going to research this and get the assistance of you know, higher ups over there at Bellevue, and he's going to get back to us.
Speaker 2: He's going to get back to me and let me know.
Speaker 5: I can't wait to get a long term update on it, all right? Thanks?
Speaker 2: Three h three seven one three eight two five five. Do we have JEFFR. Cars On? Yes, we have Rod Greer. Rod. This guy's had nothing but trouble with his GMC, his twenty twenty one GMC brand new GMC Sierra. It's been in the shop one hundred and seventy days. But here's what I want to ask you, Rod, what would that get bring on trade in? How many miles on it?
Speaker 11: Ryan as have ninety thousand.
Speaker 2: Ninety thousand, so rod a twenty twenty one GMC Sierra. What what would it with ninety thousand miles? What would it bring in a trade?
Speaker 8: You guys come in a bad position. I'm actually rolling to get a new car from a dealer.
Speaker 17: But can give me if you can give me a little bit?
Speaker 2: Yes, it is.
Speaker 16: It a fifteen.
Speaker 11: It's a fifteen hundred eighty four and it has all the bells and whistles like the hud the improved the cameras all the way around, the improved sound system.
Speaker 7: It has all the bells in the in the four door or crew cap.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, yes, sir Oka Okay.
Speaker 8: Has it ever had an accident or anything like that.
Speaker 2: Nope, just it's just a piece of crap. But don't don't take that into consideration, Rodney. When I say a piece of crap, he's had meetenance issues. But he's looking to trade it and he wants to know if they're giving him a fair price.
Speaker 17: Okay, I can definitely get that to you if you let me see if I can pull it up at the next viewership.
Speaker 2: I'm man. Whatever, Yeah, I give us a call. That would be great, Thank you, Okay, appreciate it. Three oh three seven, one, three, eight, two five five. Let's talk to Will, who has another car issue? Will, what's going on?
Speaker 19: Yeah, I had similar situation and I and I hired a lawyer, and he said, Colorado lemon laws don't work very well, but he went after a federal lemon law and was able to get it resolved.
Speaker 2: Now, that's really good to know. But I think I think what you're talking about is the the federal law.
Speaker 19: What is it?
Speaker 2: The Moss Magnuson Moss Act?
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Is that it, sir?
Speaker 10: I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 19: My situation was I had three the same problem. I had to be fixed three times.
Speaker 2: Right, that's right. Why why didn't the law? Why didn't the Colorado lemon law kick in?
Speaker 19: Because he said, it's a horrible lemon law.
Speaker 2: It just doesn't. Now what did the when? When when they went after you, when this attorney helped you, what did you get? What was the result?
Speaker 19: Well, he so he was reasonable. Mine wasn't as expensive as what you're doing. But he doesn't take any money up front, but he wants to split whatever he gets. So we settled for like three grand.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait, whatever he gets. So you kept the vehicle and got six grand and he took three or what tell me how this worked out?
Speaker 19: Well, So his deal is, I won't charge you anything. You have to agree upon the deal I get. I was getting nothing from the dealership.
Speaker 17: They weren't going to give me anything.
Speaker 19: He was in the shopper on it twenty days and they weren't going to give me anything. So he said, look, I'll get whatever I get. I'll give you half whatever I get, and you you can settle for it or not sell for what can.
Speaker 2: I get it? I get it? But what about But what about the vehicle itself? Did you keep it?
Speaker 19: I did?
Speaker 9: I didn't have any choice.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I mean I had to keep you.
Speaker 2: So are you still having trouble with it?
Speaker 19: No? It got fixed finally after the third time, and I haven't any trouble in the last six months months.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, Well that's that's odd though, because I just I mean, it's a good way of doing business. Uh. You know, he takes half. But then if you still had a lemon, it wouldn't do you much good, right, I mean, think about that. I mean, but but you were you were able to get cash. It was fixed, so it worked out for you. But thank you for the comment thank you will three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. So we have more coming up on the Troubleshooter show. Renew Home Innovations will get you beautiful shower conversions and they have stone resin walls look just like stone with no maintenance, glass panels, no thresholds to stumble or step over. You can wheel in, walk in with a walker, or of course just able bodied. It doesn't matter, but it helps you instead of getting those old, ugly walkin tubs, and you can get rid of your shower tub. Combo renew Home Innovations dot com two or three days to do these beautiful conversions, and then you have seventy two months to pay with no interest three oh three nine zero four two thousand. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hello Tom Martino here, Jordan Piano joins us from my Moneymway dot com.
Speaker 4: I got someone that wants to run in exact number if I can give it to him, Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 5: Well, I sent it to him.
Speaker 4: I don't know if he ran it yet, but the guy said one hundred thousand, Jordan, So one hundred thousand dollars annuity with the fifteen percent bonus.
Speaker 5: You guys give him immediately to.
Speaker 4: Grow and then if it sits and he's around the age of forty, if it sits till he's sixty five, and then turns on the income stream, how much is he guaranteed to get every month until the day he dies?
Speaker 15: Oh, either every year as well. Fifty six thousand a year? Oh my god, Yeah, it's a much bigger, because what.
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me? Really? Wait? Wait, wait, he'll get fifty six thousand a year a.
Speaker 15: Year off one hundred cake because again his time, you know, twenty five years. But the key thing is we'd roll it over into two two different annuities.
Speaker 2: One would be now why do you do that? I heard that strategy? Why do you do two different annuities?
Speaker 15: Yeah, so it's just really to restart the guaranteed step up. And so what I mean by that is a lot of the annuities might have some have the guaranteed component, but this stops after ten years or stops that they're fourteen or fifteen years, and so it's not going to keep on growing as much. Whereas if you do it in two annuities, you get to get the bonus in one and get it growing a lot, and then do it again, get a bonus again as well as I guaranteed step up. So that's how you can get.
Speaker 2: It up there.
Speaker 15: You know, it's not going to be much much different if.
Speaker 5: You think of that, Tom.
Speaker 4: So, that's forty six hundred and sixty six dollars a month at age sixty five that person would get forever. On top of that, they're going to get let's say what four or five six grand in social security?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, no, they don't get that much in social security.
Speaker 5: You don't think so?
Speaker 2: Hell no, Mark, Mark. I can tell you from from a standpoint of a very high wage earner that I know for the last forty quarters, very high.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he is getting thirty five hundred a month. Oh no, kid, is that after it's paying for medicare? It says here, Yes, the highest is forty eight seventy three.
Speaker 2: Well I should be I should be getting the highest, and.
Speaker 5: That's age seventy.
Speaker 2: But no, but here's you want my mine went up? You're right, Oh, that's if you wait till seventy I started getting minus sixty six and I got I was getting about for you. It made sense, so I was getting a Yeah, it was for for various reasons. It made sense because I had minor kids and so so I got a lot of money because of the kids and me. But now as the kids drop off, I get I'm thinking around four grand with the With the new I get about four grand.
Speaker 4: After that's after it's taken money out for medicare. Yes, yes, but think about that. So forty eight hundred right now, it's going to be higher. Of course in twenty five years plus. That innuity is basically paying the exact same amount that person could put themselves easily to guaranteed one hundred and ten thousand dollars a month.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm sorry, a year, but so good. Yeah, no, it's incredible.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of people right now listening going, oh my god, I wish I had ten grand a month coming in.
Speaker 15: Absolutely as well as you know, don't forget that long term care benefit that is on our product.
Speaker 5: Well what does that part do, Jordan?
Speaker 2: What is that long?
Speaker 5: What does that?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Does that mean? It like doubles as something?
Speaker 17: Exactly?
Speaker 15: So if they're getting you know, let's say that that four or five grand on this product here, well, if they ever need long term care living assistance in house out of house, it doesn't matter because they get with our product here and it doubles. You hit it right on the head. So they get almost ten grands on our product alone plus obsecurity. Now you're sitting real pretty.
Speaker 4: That's amazing. And then what does that mean? Does that mean you have to be your deathbed to get that double benefit?
Speaker 15: No, no, no, it's just like regular long term here.
Speaker 4: You know, you there's basically three things that are referred to as necessities that you have to basically qualify for to kick it in.
Speaker 15: Two to six, Yeah, two to six, like you know, like bathing yourself, you can't cook, you can't bathe you got it exactly so.
Speaker 5: And then and then that dot.
Speaker 15: Its and that's right. And that product we're talking about fifteen percent bonus.
Speaker 5: That's amazing. And I guess the reason for that is then that that extra is for someone to come in and do that stuff for you.
Speaker 15: You got it, and they know, they know. Just like Social Security, it's a lot of big numbers. Some people live longer, some people unfortunately shorter. So it's just a matter of our your lifespan and all that.
Speaker 4: Do you have anybody, and I'm not kidding, do you have anybody making three four hundred thousand a year off of one of your products over a period of time or no?
Speaker 15: Way, No, that is a good question. Yeah I do. Actually, you know, we have a couple that's pretty young and he's about the thirty eight years old, a very nice Indian couple. He's done a lot of software work and he's him come here and he has almost I don't want say his name rate is almost a eight hundred thousand dollars to way in four one ks at that age. Can you imagine? So he has his money at thirty eight years old, and that's what he's just been doing his whole time here and then saying, so we crazy products. Yes, it'll pay a lot, that'll pay a lot.
Speaker 5: That's nuts, man.
Speaker 2: So but here's the deal. Mark, I don't think a lot of people would have one hundred grand at forty oh.
Speaker 5: I disagree with that.
Speaker 4: I think a lot of people that get a job with, you know, a bigger company when they're either right out of college in that four oh one k's building for fifteen years maybe yeah, yeah, company. For I just think it's probably way more than your thinking. Now there's a lot of people that don't, but I think it's a lot more than what you're thinking.
Speaker 5: What if you found Jordan found Jordan.
Speaker 15: You're absolutely right, you know, and I'll say, we work with anybody, so I want to put that out there first, you know, more or less the same thing for us, But we found how'd she have forty? You have probably shot on there, Mark, You probably find about one hundred and maybe two hundred thousand, as long as they haven't tapped into it, and.
Speaker 5: Then where they make most of their money.
Speaker 4: If I still you know, I'm not sure my numbers are still correct, but most at least males and probably females at this point make most of their money in their fifties towards retirement.
Speaker 20: Retirement, true, true.
Speaker 15: And just you know then you spent fac there of having you know, the kids out of that.
Speaker 2: Now we have a question. We have a question here too, from Deputy d go ahead.
Speaker 5: D Hi Jordan.
Speaker 24: Over the weekend, I had a conversation with my eighteen year old niece who's very smart and very mature, and she has saved up ten thousand dollars from her after school work, and we were discussing various investment options for her, and I was wondering, if you what would you recommend to an eighteen year old who has ten thousand and no foreseeable need to touch that?
Speaker 15: Well, you know that's where I know Tom loves to talk about this product, and which is as well. That'd be the second.
Speaker 16: Product we offer.
Speaker 15: The want to deal with two products. One of the annuity we just mentioned she's a little too young for the annuity itself, but really the second product.
Speaker 2: But why is you sure before you go on, why is she too young for the annuity? I'm just curious. I mean, if ten grand festered for fifty years, that would be a hell of a lot of money.
Speaker 15: True, yes, but they're not going to have that guaranteed component at that age, and so they only in the market, and which is fine, so because they won't lose money when it goes down. So they could, They could do it, but a lot of times they want to see them probably in their thirties or so, maybe fortyes.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, that's weird.
Speaker 15: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, but I mean you just don't do it. You're just gonna get it as well of the benefits. You'd have to roll it over a few times. So so that is possible. But I would say to become the banker of life insurance accounting. That's the product I always talking about where I've put money into it. I've used the account to purchase vehicles, pay myself back.
Speaker 2: M Yeah, but she have to I need to know this. Would she have do.
Speaker 15: Keep feeding it continually funded? Yeah, So there's options. One would be the best often be yes, if she's gonna keep on doing after school work and that you know, whatever she's gonna put in that her age is pretty affordable. You needed just one hundred bucks or seven five bucks a month, you know that age should be great with the ten k lump sum, and by doing that, her ten thousand is just basically moving from her left pocket to her right pocket earnings about five percent interest tax free.
Speaker 5: Well, and then the other thing is she can actually lend that money to herself.
Speaker 4: Let's say she goes and buys a car for ten grand, and that ten grand is sitting in that account. Instead of paying interest somewhere else on the car, she can actually borrow her own money, make payments back into there, and charge yourself interest on it. That's tax deferred, right.
Speaker 16: The tax defer park.
Speaker 15: You have to have a big one for that, the tax deferral. Okay, definitely, it's tax free. The castid growing tax free. You can use a tax free but right on mark. That is the philosophy of becoming your own banker. Get rid of the banks, heel finance your own purchases, especially at her age, my gush.
Speaker 2: So you can have a beautiful because you feed yourself, you feed yourself back the interest.
Speaker 15: Correct, And I just wanted to answer your question.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 15: You could also do the other option where you just dump the money in once and never pay again. That isn't in their option, but you do lose the tax free benefit.
Speaker 24: So but you, well, I go ahead, that sounds very attractive. She can dump the money in there and not touch it for forty years. What would happen?
Speaker 15: She could she could touch a shoe. The benefit of this.
Speaker 4: She can loan it to herself but it's still there, yeah, and then pay it back on purpose.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 12: So, so the idea is just to generate that interest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, on your arm. And so listen, So do you have to when you do an annuity, let's say at thirty or forty or whatever, do you have to wait to retirement to take payments or can you take them at any age?
Speaker 15: You could take them at any age. Now, keep in mind, I should say, let me, let me, let me person, I would qualified money you obviously you want them give.
Speaker 2: You got to be fifty nine and a half or all that, or pay or pay out the nose.
Speaker 15: Yeah right, yeah, but you you wouldn't do that, right, you'd be fine.
Speaker 4: But both of those products, Jordan, can you roll over a four to one K or some kind of account, absolutely, any qualified account into him into.
Speaker 15: Anything sets Ira roth And the best thing is you're not paying any taxes on you roll it over.
Speaker 5: And deputy Indeed, listen to this.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you why I know about this product is because I've known Joe and Jordan for a long time, and Joe, when Jordan was a youngster, set it up for him. Tell people out there, really what you did with that account with Dad?
Speaker 15: I basically I was sixteen years old when I first found out about it. My father funded it for our college funding account. But the best part was I was ready to get a vehicle and Mark said it you borrow the money against it, you know, taking it from it, you brought against it. I was able to purchase my jeep pay myself backed up over three years. All that interest I would have lost to the bank, all the interests.
Speaker 2: That I made on the money went into his life insurance, my bucket.
Speaker 15: Yeah, and I've done it numerous times with more vehicles, homes. And that's why I'm saying for her age, she's gonna have a wonderful uh, just a product of taxing money.
Speaker 4: And I want to point out to Deputy DCXA is he is one of the answer. Notice what he said. So she puts the ten grand in. What happens is she actually borrows that ten grand, never leaves that account, but she can borrow it at a certain interest rate, depending on what the interest rate is.
Speaker 5: Let's just take three percent.
Speaker 4: So she borrows that money at three percent, but that money is still sitting in there growing with its own interest at the same time, then she can pay herself back.
Speaker 15: Right, And that's why that is the idea. Use the money.
Speaker 2: All right, We got to take a quick break. I'm Tom Martinez. If you have any questions, give us a call. Genesis tootalexteriors dot com. You're so for any kind of mold detection and mitigation. Now they added that to their repertoire of exterior products. Now they do interior mold inspections and their honest Genesis Total Exteriors dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content than time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two dot com Tom Martino your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Okay, let's go back to the phones and solve some problems for you. Vanessa. I think Vanessa is next. Vanessa. What's going on.
Speaker 5: Is we're sweating?
Speaker 2: Gees up? Now go ahead? GE's up, now, go ahead. I'm sorry, Vanessa. Hi, what's going on? Vanessa?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 15: Good?
Speaker 3: Well I didn't get the information for the guest Johanna on the show regarding an investment.
Speaker 5: Oh that's our bad.
Speaker 16: I actually, yeah, my bad.
Speaker 3: I just left the bank. You try to set up an appointment for my daughters, for my d and probably myself myself here.
Speaker 2: Why don't you go?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: Can I let me just say something is straight up about investing. Banks are the worst place you can go. Okay, you want registered investment advisors or certified financial planners. And certified financial planners are certified by FINRA and that stands for this organization, and then registered investment advisors are either registered with the State of Colorado or with the Securities and Exchange Commission, depending on the amount of assets they manage. But the reason I tell you that is not because the state or the government guarantees them. But they do say that they passed the qualified tests and did the proper registrations and have the proper insurances and bonding and all of that, right, Jordan, I mean, there is something to be said about regulation when it comes to investing because and it's really it really got better since made off. I mean, I'm telling you it is not an easy thing to become a registered investment advisor or a certified financial.
Speaker 5: And I can't emphasize this enough for you, Vanessa.
Speaker 4: For Jordan's father teaches the courses that people have to pass to be able to become a fiduciary in Colorado.
Speaker 5: He's like the teacher of the investment people. The investment very true and wow.
Speaker 3: And I think that's what I love about the most, just because i had a hard time setting up things for myself. I'm thirty seven and I have a nineteen year old in a two.
Speaker 10: To these seventeen year olds.
Speaker 3: When I go to multiple places in the springs, I feel that the environment or expectation and is for people to come with, you know, hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're exactly right, Vanessa. That's one thing that I can't stand about investment people. They don't want to look at you if you don't have tons of money.
Speaker 5: But that's that's not.
Speaker 4: The that's why that becomes a banker for especially your kids and maybe even her at thirty seven is great because it doesn't really matter what you start with.
Speaker 5: You just constantly add to it. You add to it.
Speaker 17: That's right now.
Speaker 2: One thing I do want to mention, Okay, I want to mention this to Vanessa. Vanessa, if you get involved in any kind of an investment, whether it's an investment advisor or you do something through Joe Kiano a certified financial planner, you do an insurance policy that you purposely overfund, or a small annuity or whatever. No matter what you get involved in, you still you as a consumer need to be involved. That doesn't mean you need to be involved in each and every investment, but you need to be involved, like if you do the overfunding of life insurance. One of the big mistakes people make is when they get involved in that, they don't take advantage of the benefits like the borrowing where if you're going to use money anyway from someone else and you have it available in your own account, you should borrow it from yourself because the interest that you pay goes right back to your own account. And so many people, for example, Jordan, we had one person that complained one time and I said, well, I find that hard to believe because Joe and Jordan do such a good job. And her complaint was this, she had borrowed money from the account and she never paid it back, which is fine, you're allowed to do that, but her cash value was going down, and I said, well, you're using the money. She didn't understand that you have to pay it back with interest to make that grow, just like you would pay back a bank, and so you just have to know how to use it.
Speaker 15: Is that right, Jordan's You're right, yes, that's something that we stress. We want to help meet with clients and educating because you're you're spot on with people out there with the financial world, it's sometimes confusing for consumers. You might feel like you have to have a lot of money. We don't believe in that. We want to help take you by the hand, educate you on some great products, and at least meet once to twice a year just to help kind of remind you and use all these these moneys to your benefits. So give us a call and or visit our website. Had become the banker dot org, and we can we can definitely set you in your daughter up.
Speaker 2: Yeah and yes, and kat China will make sure you get that numbers three She'll she'll make sure you get that number three oh three seven seven nine sixty six hundred more coming right up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Please time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ris needed that who you don't have? Come run incous as fast as we can. Show Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 5: Six is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 2: No Tom Martinez Hi, hey, Tom Martino here. Welcome to the show. Three zero three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Solving problems, answering questions, taking appoints, and making your life just a little easier. Peggy has a general contracting question, and we got the paperwork. I need to look at it. Did she send it? Did you send it to me as well? Guys, Pegan said.
Speaker 5: Waiting for the rest of it. She only set one page.
Speaker 2: There is some kind of estimate with a price. They both signed it. She's wondering if she's bound by it. She wants to try to cancel because she found out she has to move the sewer line and it's going to be way too expensive. Well, thank god she didn't give the guy any money up front. I'd like to know this. What is he asking for for you to cancel it? I'm sure you talked to him already, Peggy, Peggy, what did he ask for?
Speaker 16: Well, he did ask for for Cancelationey.
Speaker 2: How much? How much? How much?
Speaker 16: I didn't fifty to cancel?
Speaker 2: Well, one hundred and fifty dollars. Wait a minute, that's all he wants is one hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 5: That's pretty damn fair.
Speaker 2: And then wait, wait, wait, even even the time it took to run right up the proposal? Is that what you're calling about? One hundred and fifty dollars?
Speaker 16: Well, I'm hoping that he's not going to hold me for other liability.
Speaker 2: No, no, what did he say? Where did you come up with one hundred and fifty?
Speaker 16: It's on the contract that I'm trying to send you.
Speaker 3: Are that?
Speaker 4: I mean?
Speaker 2: They ask can we just call the contractor? Did he say he wants you to pay more than that?
Speaker 19: No?
Speaker 16: He didn't. He hasn't contacted me since, and I'm nervous it might turn into something bigger.
Speaker 5: I think you're just being paranoid, Peggy. I don't see this as a big deal.
Speaker 2: I mean, let's look at it first. Okay, let's just.
Speaker 16: Glad you think that.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I mean, now you didn't want us to you didn't want to give us his name? And is there a reason for that?
Speaker 16: I just don't want anything to happen.
Speaker 2: Well, are you threatened? I mean, did this guy seem intimidating to you?
Speaker 16: Well, he wasn't happy when I canceled, Let's put.
Speaker 2: It that way. What did he say when you canceled.
Speaker 16: He said, all right, I will contact you later or something I can't remember Tom, I mean him.
Speaker 2: Can we call him for you?
Speaker 16: Please? Don't please, just give me a chance to attach send you this all right?
Speaker 2: Okay, So what if after reading this we still have questions. You don't want us to contact him, You want to do all this all alone.
Speaker 16: Yes, I would like that.
Speaker 2: Yes, because you're afraid he might do something to you.
Speaker 16: The way the world's going, you just don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think that's probably good answer from her. Actually, I think it's just a little bit of paranoia.
Speaker 25: Fairness of the contractor. He was hoping to get a job and now he doesn't, So anybody would be upset to lose a little bit.
Speaker 4: Of work, of course, But I don't think I think if he was a bad guy I think he would have showed his true colors by now.
Speaker 16: Well, I'm hoping to avoid that. That's all. Can I get this and then send it to you?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 16: Yes, you can talk about it another time.
Speaker 2: You Peggy, We'll talk to you today. Even when once we get it, how's that we look at We're not going to pressure you. We're not going to pressure you to do anything that makes you feel unsafe, but we'd like to look at it and we'll talk to you. Don't hang up, well, we'll talk to you in a few minutes, okay, okay, all right, hang on three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Somebody wants to know for Jordan Kiano, who's with my moneymway dot com talking about fixed index to new If someone puts a minimum money down like ten grand, twenty grand, whatever, a lump sum, is there any commitment in an annuity to keep contributing like there is for a life insurance premiums?
Speaker 15: Very good question, and there is no commitment. The only commitment is just the minimum, which most companies make about ten thousand dollars of the minimum they want.
Speaker 2: So you do not have to keep feeding the beast unless you want to.
Speaker 20: You got it, yep.
Speaker 2: And so you can leave it open. You can leave it open so whenever you have extra money, you can throw it in there.
Speaker 16: You got it, yep.
Speaker 15: The only time that you can't put extra money is once you start flipping the income on. Once the income's on, you can't put any more money on. But yeah, you can leave it open to do it once and then wait ten years put money in again. But I would suggest getting a few of them and ladder them out. Get the bonuses, have a couple annuities, they'll cost you the same. If it's all in one or a few of them, that benefits the turn.
Speaker 2: Why is the ladder better? Why is laddering better?
Speaker 15: Yeah, it's just for the main reasons to be able to turn. Maybe I'd say somebody has one hundred thousand or three hundred thousand, they could basically turn. If they have three of them, they could turn one on and let the other two continue to grow. And if they all have it in just one account, well then they have to take the full payout. They can't let some of it grow and some of the payout. So when you ladder it, you have the option to have the account still grow, earn you money and wait for you to take if you don't have to pay taxes.
Speaker 2: If it's qualified money, okay, well here's the deal. To the caller or to the text or who wanted to know that you got your answer, there's a lump sum. However, it may not be the best option. If you have other money that you can feed it now and then thank you now. Someone said, if the lady sewer line has anything to do with the new garage, the contractor should have either included it in the st or at least have known it and noted it and writing so that lady said that she signed an estimate, He signed the estimate. She accepted the estimate, which could be like a contract. Maybe we should ask Brad O'Brien if he thinks acceptance of an estimate is the same as a contract. But if we're only talking about one hundred and fifty dollars a cancelation fee, my god.
Speaker 25: And I think she said that the city were the ones that said she needed a new sewer line, not the contractor.
Speaker 2: They said she had to move it. The only she doesn't need a new one, she just has to move it if and I wonder if that's because the garage is going over the sewer line and you're not allowed to do that. That's the clarification I need, Peggy, Who exactly and when did the city do that? I mean, dides city come out and inspect your site or something? When were you told you have to move your sewer line? This is what I don't understand.
Speaker 16: The contractor gave me a name of a person called Mainline, and he came out and did a copy of it of the sewer. He said it looked okay. I decided to call fix AT twenty one and plumb Line to get their opinion on it. Yeah, and they told me it would cost anywhere from eight to twenty five thousand to repair the sewer.
Speaker 2: Okay, but this wait, see that? Now I'm confused. I'm really confused, Peggy. This has nothing to do with that contract. Are you just saying that what's wrong with your sewer line?
Speaker 5: What is wrong with it?
Speaker 16: Well, the Mainline guy told me it was okay, But when fix A twenty four came out, they said there's a crack and it also needs some repair the city.
Speaker 2: Hold on. And then what did Plumbline say?
Speaker 16: They said basically the same thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, so hold on. They're two good companies. But here's what I need to know, Peggy. I was thinking it was because of the garage being built that you had to move the sewer.
Speaker 16: But it's not move the sewer. No, I have to in order to put a garage on top of it. I have to replace the sewer line quick.
Speaker 5: I don't think you can build it on top.
Speaker 8: That's right, that's okay, that's so peggy.
Speaker 2: But even if the garage is not put up, you still need to repair the sewer. Is that right?
Speaker 16: Eventually?
Speaker 15: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, So you have two problems. One, if you build the garage, you have to move the sewer, or even if you don't build the garage, you're gonna eventually have to replace it.
Speaker 16: Correct.
Speaker 2: Now, if you eventually have to replace it anyway, and you can find someone to do it economically and at the same time move it, since you're gonna have to do that repair anyway, I can't see it costing you that much more to move it if you're gonna repair it, because they can simply start over. I mean, I don't know, you know, and I would get another, yet another bid. Those companies are very good, but there are there are companies that will do it much cheaper. Okay, Mark wouldn't. Wouldn't Master Router do it cheaper?
Speaker 4: Master Router probably would do it cheaper. Yes, don't they guarantee the lowest price. They definitely do that, Okay, let's be honest about it. Then they I want you to get another bid, and but ask them to how much would it cost to Do you really want the garage or are.
Speaker 2: You trying to get out of it anyway? Let's be honest there, do you want to get out of it anyway?
Speaker 21: No?
Speaker 2: I really wanted to Okay, all right, then listen, what if what if you could move it and it's not gonna cost you what you think it's gonna cost you? How much can you go to get it moved? And we're not going to tell master, We're just asking you. How much extra can you go since you're gonna have to do a repair anyway? How much? Tell me how much you could afford to move to spend on that sewer line?
Speaker 16: Maybe and I'm being optimistic five thousand.
Speaker 5: I don't see that happening.
Speaker 16: I agree.
Speaker 5: Just the trench work and I mean that's yeah, that's a lot man and.
Speaker 16: Cement, Well, it's got it. It's underneath the cement that I have now.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, you're right. The concrete driveway right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so Pegy, so you're not going to be would you be able to put up like a car port without messing with all this other stuff?
Speaker 16: Not according to the city.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's probably right if the city said it.
Speaker 16: Yeah, he said, why would you want to do that? Why would you want to put anything on it?
Speaker 2: Meaning? What if you ever had a replacement, you'd have a major problem.
Speaker 16: Right, Well, there's supposed to be some kind of a foam that you can help reduce the pressure of the building. Don't quote me on this. I'm new at this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't know. No, No, it has nothing to do with that. So Peggy, I think I think everyone's right. I think that you can't. You can't put the thing on there, and you do have to move it. But even if you don't move it, you're going to have to get it fixed. Have you ever had sewer backups?
Speaker 16: No, the line looks fine, it's cleaned out.
Speaker 5: Maybe maybe it's time to find a new house that's got a garage for you.
Speaker 16: I know I thought of that too, but I love my house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, send us the rest of that contract.
Speaker 16: We'll get to it.
Speaker 2: Hi, we got more, Okay, we got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a Sure Thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content than time for an insurance checkup, free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. All right, let's go to Greg, who has a question on auto transporting. Hi? Greg, what's going on? Hi?
Speaker 26: I've got a friend who needs to get a car from Denver to Dallas, Texas. He's gotten some quotes. One of them was three hundred and twenty five dollars. Sounds too good to be true, and I was wondering if you have any resources in auto transport.
Speaker 2: I do, but the ones that I have are not on the referral list, and I only have them because I used them personally. And that may sound crazy, but I can't necessarily vouch for them, but I've used them. Does that make sense?
Speaker 25: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, But I want to know something. The one that's going to do it for three hundred and something, where'd you find him?
Speaker 26: I'm going to guess we found him on the internet, and then what I forgot to ask him is is that putting it on a transport truck or is that a human driving it down?
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't ever get a human driving it down unless you know the human and you fly him back, you know, stuff like that. Yes, sure, But here are the ones that I have used in the past, and I've used them for some pretty hefty cars and they've been beautiful. One is Baja b a Ja Auto Transport and it's three oh three eight seven two three six seven two. The other one is JS Auto Transport, like as in Juliet Sierra JS Auto Transport. The number seven seven four eight five five one four seven three.
Speaker 5: How many miles?
Speaker 2: Says it? Roughly?
Speaker 27: Honestly, I go, No, it's Denver to Dallas.
Speaker 9: So I'm going to guess maybe a thousand.
Speaker 4: I'm calculating one right now. Hold on, it should just take a second. That three hundred sounds extremely low.
Speaker 2: It's seven hundred and ninety four miles.
Speaker 4: That yeah, I this thing wants too much information to calculate it. But three hundred sounds very very very low.
Speaker 5: You know who might know.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you an expert we have that'll know how much it should be. And he's got a lot of connections in it is JFR cars, they Shire cars all over the country. Let's yeah, let's try to get let's try to get him on.
Speaker 2: So hold on and Tom.
Speaker 5: He also owes us, he owes us the value of that uh.
Speaker 2: Chef to pick up too. He was going to help us out to try to find a value for that guy on him is I think it was a GMC. That's right. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. So where did we leave it, Deputy D with the vacation home in the post office? Did you find out anything additionally, by the.
Speaker 24: Way, No, that since I contacted the gentleman at the post office who's extremely enthusiastic and researching this, and he told me he'll need a couple of days because he's going to access extensive internal resources that are available to him within the system.
Speaker 2: Okay, but he said basically though that there should be no issue on both of those issues. There should be no issue. This is a guy that can't get his mail in his vacation home. And he told us two things. He said, First, he was told you can't have more than one address in the United States, and second that if you have sporadic mail, they can cut you off. So two, if he was really told that, then whoever told him should be fired. And he claims it was the postmaster at Bellevue, but he can't prove it. That's what he said. Literally, he can't prove it. Uh three o three seven one three eight two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 28: Two him two year, three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Greg, who has a question. Go ahead, Greg, Greg, Are you there?
Speaker 5: Greg?
Speaker 2: Okay? I guess Greg's not there. Let's move on. We don't have time, Dave, Go ahead, sir. What's happened?
Speaker 15: Hey?
Speaker 9: Hey, Tom, can you hear me?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 9: Hey, So you guys were just talking about required minimum distributions using the age of seventy two. Yes, it's actually changed to seventy three. Oh, that changed to the secure two point zero.
Speaker 20: And for people that are.
Speaker 9: Born after nineteen sixty that age is seventy five.
Speaker 5: Oh that's good. So I'm a seventy five.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you're a seventy five. Or now, if you're somebody like Tom who who married a woman what thirty years younger than you, there's there's other strategies where you can delay those uh.
Speaker 2: A minute, wait a long time. Wait wait wait wait it matters how old your wife is.
Speaker 6: It could Yeah.
Speaker 9: So let's say you have required minimum distributions coming up and you're you're seventy two right now, okay, and so next year you have to take them, and let's say your wife is sixty five years old. Yeah, there is a way of transferring those funds to your wife and getting an additional you know, another ten.
Speaker 15: Years or so.
Speaker 5: Oh, I get it.
Speaker 4: So you would literally go from your qualified plan into hers and she wouldn't have to take the distribution technically, but you actually did take the money out.
Speaker 5: Correct, That's that's it, that's in genie.
Speaker 2: Wait wait wait, you can transfer from yours.
Speaker 9: To hers, well, not necessarily to hers, but to her. So you guys are familiar with quadros are used in divorce situations, right right, Well, there's something that's called an in marriage quadro. Really where yeah, and so you can transfer, utilizing a quadro to the younger spouse and then it becomes hers, and then it can grow an additional number of.
Speaker 5: Years and you never end up paying taxes on it.
Speaker 16: Well you do, she does?
Speaker 5: No in ten years though, no ten years.
Speaker 4: I'm saying when you take it out to give it to her through the domestic relationship order, you're not paying taxes.
Speaker 2: No, you're not. Does not It does not trigger taxes.
Speaker 5: That's really cool.
Speaker 9: Okay, it doesn't trigger taxes. And then you can even stretch out R and D S to the age of eighty five by utilizing a qualified lifetime income annuity contract.
Speaker 2: What is your game, sir? What is your what is your line of work?
Speaker 20: We've talked.
Speaker 9: We've talked a bunch Tom.
Speaker 2: This is Dave.
Speaker 9: I'm down in Florida. I used to live in Littleton's do financial services.
Speaker 2: Dave, leave your number, man, I I mean if you did that, because.
Speaker 15: Every time I talk to you, you say, leave my number.
Speaker 2: Well hold on though, but but really leave it. But leave it with your last name and the and uh Kachina. Just send that to me with what he's talked about. Are you still in the financial business? Yes, yeah, okay, all right, thank you. I think that I think that that is a pretty cool idea to do a in marriage kudro, which I never even knew existed. Let's see if Greg is there now. Thank you very much. Dave. Is Greg there now? Did he hang up? Or is he there?
Speaker 15: I'm here, tom.
Speaker 2: Ohay, what's going on? Greg? What's your question?
Speaker 16: Hi?
Speaker 27: Sixty eight years old. I'm still working. I have about three hundred and fifty thousand dollars in iras qualified money. I've got about two hundred thousand annuities qualified money, and I have started Social Security about thirty two hundred dollars a month. I'm wondering what they recommend I should be in.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the thing. No matter what, don't put it all in an annuity. We're running out of time, Can you leave your name and number and we'll get you back on and get them on the air. Leave your name in number with Kachina Kaschina. Get Greg's name and number and send it to me and we'll take care of him and talk to them another time. I'm Tom Martine. Save all your problems for me.