Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI A M six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: We just tell you now the bidding is open for the Pastathon auction items and listen. It's for a good cause. But this would make a great Christmas gift. Oh yeah, heading to a Dodger game next summer. The world champion Los Angeles Dodgers who just signed Blake Snell huge picture.
Speaker 3: Are you okay? I'm fine. I wasn't going to bring it up. You brought it up.
Speaker 2: There is a concern that, you know, these expensive teams don't always make the World Series again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that was in a bold move. They struck quickly. And he's a good guy. That's a thing, Blake. Tell the people he's a good guy.
Speaker 3: You don't know that. I know, Buster Posey's a good guy. What do you mean you know?
Speaker 2: We go to pastathon dot com and you can click through and get to the bid items, the auction items that are up there. We have hours available which is going to a Dodger game coming up next summer with us, where not only do you get to take in the game in a luxury suite.
Speaker 3: You get to cram as many.
Speaker 2: Dodger dogs in your maw as as will it will take. Basically, you could probably even stuff a couple in your pockets for the ride home if that's what your thing is.
Speaker 1: You can have Dodger dogs in your pockets and your purse.
Speaker 2: And if you know your back pocket, if you know how those suites work, it's basically as much as you can eat.
Speaker 1: Oh, I've seen you put down top serious Dodger dogs nuts. You usually have about two and a half dogs. I've gone for three of you. I've gone for three average two and a half.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but all of this parking is included. The game is going to be figured out. We'll figure out what's going to work with your schedule, basically. But it is a great auction item. That is just one of the couple dozen auction items that are available when you go to pastathon dot com.
Speaker 1: I see the words effect and I'm thankful we're in California.
Speaker 3: I just gets my bones get cold.
Speaker 1: Is there anything more cliche than the reporters going to honey baked Haam and talking to people in the line, or going to the airport and talking people traveling I would like to see an original report on Thanksgiving week from a reporter, something.
Speaker 3: Out of the box.
Speaker 1: That's what I would if I was a news director somewhere, I would challenge my reporters do something I haven't seen before.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 2: I got in trouble for that. In Seattle. It wasn't it wasn't day before. It was day after thanks so it was Black Friday shopping right right. And I go to see you've all had that assignment some kmart or target or whatever. It was up in the north end of Seattle, and like somewhere along Lake City Way, and I'm interviewing people, and I caught a couple of people talking about how.
Speaker 3: I don't want to be here. My wife wants me to get this stupid TV or cabbage patches.
Speaker 2: That's a great angle, and it was a better angle like who yeah, And I remember there's a line for people to get into the store that opened at six o'clock. Who doesn't want to be here? And then I talked to those guys. Man, my wife went to the other store so I could sick check here or see if they had anything.
Speaker 3: And it was a better story because it was not just the I'm here for the TV right.
Speaker 2: And my news director called and said, what are you doing? And I said, this is this is better, this is funny.
Speaker 3: Stands out from you.
Speaker 1: I would have applauded you. My god, I stand here today applauding you. So today we're not going to be cliche. We're not going to ask you what you're thankful for? What are you not thankful for?
Speaker 3: Well, you could be what you could do?
Speaker 1: Kidding, I didn't mean to pooh pooh your nice idea.
Speaker 3: It was my idea. It was the Woody show. And I'll give them full credit because it's not that it's not like it's an original idea. I've never heard of it before.
Speaker 1: What are you thankful for on Thanksgiving?
Speaker 3: I've never heard.
Speaker 1: It's the whole idea of the of the of the of the holiday.
Speaker 3: I also have something I'm thankful for that I'm not in this show. When you walk, oh.
Speaker 1: Hay, now I know that theater is you can go and when you talk it's It's one of those things. You may love it, I may hate it. I may love it, you may hate it. We don't all have to have the same opinion about this. It's subjective, right, But here's the deal. You should know this was an awful play.
Speaker 3: This was back to the future of the musical.
Speaker 1: And I didn't want to ruin it for you because I went a few weeks ago and I'm sitting there watching this thinking this should be in Nevado Community Theater.
Speaker 3: This shouldn't be at the Pantagious.
Speaker 1: The choreography was awful, the acting was bad, the dialogue.
Speaker 3: What was cool was the production.
Speaker 2: Here's Here's one of the things that has bothered me about TV, specifically TV and movies over the last several years is all of the incredible advances that have been made technologically, special effects and that sort of thing.
Speaker 3: We still can't do wigs well. And the wigs in.
Speaker 2: This show were just and I was up in the mezzanine and they were distracting.
Speaker 3: It was it was so it was so crazy. It was zero. Listen.
Speaker 2: The people at the Pantages are wonderful. Those people who do Broadway in Hollywood, I think is what it's called. They have been so generous to us. They offer us, you know, a pre preview tickets sometimes fantastic. I paid for these tickets out of pockets, so I have zero problem saying I would never encourage I shouldn't say never.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't encourage people to see this. It was not that idea.
Speaker 1: It was a gift from my husband. It was gonna be, you know, back to the future, and I love eighties movies and all that, and it would be fun like dirty dancing.
Speaker 3: I like sure and all of that. But this one, man, this was a stink pot.
Speaker 2: I will say, Technologically, how they did the effects that they did with the Dolorean on incredible, incredible.
Speaker 3: I don't and the spinning thing I liked. I like to know how they do. I like to be a check behind the magic. I couldn't figure out some of that stuff. No, you couldn't, and I was.
Speaker 2: I was floored at the technological aspect of it, and it was that part of it was unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Otherwise, it was not.
Speaker 1: A ceasefire between Israel and Hezbollah.
Speaker 3: Is in effect.
Speaker 1: Is in effect they struck a deal broker allegedly by the US and France, but Israel has warned local residents not to return to the border area just yet.
Speaker 3: This is a rare diplomatic feat, they say.
Speaker 1: Obviously it's the Middle East, so that's that's a problem.
Speaker 3: On its face right there.
Speaker 2: Well, one of the issues is the Israeli military is still in those parts of southern Lebanon. They've still I don't want to use the term occupied, but there's still still there, and there is a concern that the people moving back into those areas may pick a fight or get out of line, and that's that would be considered, at least according to Israel, would be considered breaking the ceasefire. So they're just warning people, Hey, go back if you want, but be careful when you go back.
Speaker 3: Odd.
Speaker 2: Driving to Hollywood last night, yeah, straight shot, no problem getting getting down, but there was the traffic leaving La was mind boggling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the entire way.
Speaker 2: I granted I'm going opposite, but the entire way it just looked dead stop. By the time we got out of the Pantagious late everything had cleared up. But somewhere between I don't know, maybe five o'clock and probably nine o'clock anywhere north I five up through the New Hall Pass and parts north of there just looked miserab.
Speaker 3: Where'd you go to dinner at my house?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: We just stayed at home because we had in laws coming to my wife's parents came in, so we would stayed there to greet that it's.
Speaker 3: Nice, introduce them to the dog, and things like that.
Speaker 1: Remember how we were talking about sleep patterns and your daughter's got the aura ring, my husband has one, and we're like, well, who.
Speaker 3: Cares what you say? Turns out people who do not have enough of.
Speaker 1: A regular sleep pattern are at a higher risk of heart attack or stroke. If you keep it normal, you keep your sleep pattern regular, you do much better.
Speaker 2: And they were talking about it's not you can even if it's irregular, but you get eight hours. The irregularity was the more important part, right, that you just have some sort of a pattern, which you think about people who work night shift for example.
Speaker 1: I was just gonna say when I worked morning show back when I was like twenty twenty two whatever, I did not have a regular, irregular pattern, you know what I mean, like some people have it. You did well at this when you do the morning show, right, You'd come home and you would nap and then you would sleep, and it was pretty regular, but it was irregular, but regular.
Speaker 3: I could never get it right.
Speaker 1: I'd either stay up or then I'd nap or stay I couldn't figure out what worked better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it does take a toll. You can kill it taking a.
Speaker 2: Toll that the physical effects of lack of sleep, when they start to build up after a couple of days, it just there's nothing you can do to shake it.
Speaker 3: Well, you can't use your brain. You can't use your brain.
Speaker 2: You can't caffeine your way out of it, you can't exercise your way out of it.
Speaker 3: It's hard.
Speaker 5: Gary Shannon, what's going on, guys?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 5: So every Saturday Sunday, I usually come in and help out the smart and final account. I deliver frozen goods. So I deliver the ice creams, I deliver the frozen patties. I deliver everything that needs to go in the freezer. But AnyWho, I did deliver some turkeys this weekend. And you know what I heard when I went to the inside the store to go to the bathroom. I heard, Hi, this is Gary and Chennon and we want you to donate to Catalina's Club. Hey, promotions getting out there.
Speaker 2: It is the fourteenth annual KFI Pastathon is here. Chef Bruno's charity is Katerina's Club, twenty five thousand meals every week to kids in southern California so you can help out. You can bid, donate, or bid on the exclusive KFI auction items now when you go to kfiam six forty dot com slash Pastathon, those bids for the auction items are up through Tuesday night. Late Tuesday night, you can go to any Smart and Final store like he did, donate any amount of checkout, go to any Wendy's restaurant in southern California, donate five bucks or more and you get a coupon worth fifteen bucks. And then Tuesday is when we do our big Pastathon event at the Anaheim White House Restaurant. Again, it is next Tuesday that you want to you want to keep an eye out for. And we're also doing talkbacks today. What is it that you're thankful for or not thankful for? You get to choose thankful or not thankful.
Speaker 1: Just let us know, you don't know.
Speaker 2: There's a couple of people that have already said what they're not thankful for.
Speaker 3: We'll do some of those.
Speaker 2: Just hit that microphone on the iHeart app when you're listening to KFI and you could send us a.
Speaker 3: Message right away. Do we have the audio?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Do we Okay?
Speaker 1: Vice President Kamala harris first video to her supporters after the election has stunned social media. It was shared on her official X account and she's in a room with like a bad curtain over the window. It's just an odd scene and she's sitting down and she's kind of like got her head into the camera, like wait, a little bit too much at times.
Speaker 4: And it means so much to me and to governor Walls that you knocked on doors, you called friends, you called in favors, You said, hey, you know, I showed up at your softball game and I need you to show up at the campaign office.
Speaker 3: She drunk, you put in the time.
Speaker 4: It was personal for you because of your efforts get this. We raised and historic one point four billion dollars almost one and a half billion dollars, and more work must continues of reminding ourselves that we have an ability to stay engaged in a way that will make a difference. The work that you all did, it's going to have lasting effect. You know, the election didn't turn out like we wanted it too, certainly not as we planned for it too.
Speaker 2: There was one section of it specifically that I took issue with, not because of I mean, she can do whatever she wants. And yes, it's probably a great message that her supporters feel like she kind of disappeared after November fifth. Yeah, that makes perfect sense. And she wanted if they wanted something, they wanted her to reach out.
Speaker 3: So I get why she did it. But there's a part of it that bothered me.
Speaker 4: Because of your efforts get this, we raised and historic one point four billion dollars and I know this is an uncertain time. I'm clear eyed about that. I know you're clear out about it. And it feels heavy, and I just have to remind you. Don't you ever let anybody take your power from you.
Speaker 2: No, don't let anybody take your power from you.
Speaker 3: No one's trying to take your power from you. How about you.
Speaker 2: If you feel like your power is being infringed, you get out there and use that power in some way. You go out there and volunteer. You go out there and work in a homeless shelter this Thanksgiving. You go out there and spend time with your family. You go out there and actually do something with the power that you have. Stop telling people, Stop telling people that they're about to be victimized.
Speaker 3: That that's the that's the weirdest thing. How about you go out there and stand up for yourself.
Speaker 2: You go out there and make sure that you uh you, you take I mean.
Speaker 1: Language exactly exactly what I'm saying. Why I don't even give that any oxygen. That means nothing to me. Don't let anyone take your power. How about just go live your life and be a good person and care about people. How about that, screw your power, Just go be a cool person. Just go have a good time, enjoy yourself, be nice to people, open the door for someone.
Speaker 2: And stop acting like something was taken away from it.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's a it's a freaking election.
Speaker 1: These are politicians, that's the And is she drunk?
Speaker 3: I don't know, because did you see that? Did you see though the did you see the video or just did you hear it?
Speaker 1: I saw it because the way she's talking and her intonation and the hands.
Speaker 2: That's why to me, that's why she's not going to be a candidate for anything, or at least not a viable candidate for anything.
Speaker 1: People that are trying to run the narrative that she's going to run for governor and she may well, but no, she's done.
Speaker 4: And on this practical eve of Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: Practically no one's either. He's asking things.
Speaker 1: It wasn't the Democrats were voting for at this moment.
Speaker 3: It was voting against Trump.
Speaker 4: And just reflect on all the good you have done?
Speaker 1: Yes, why are you congratulating yourself over that? Furthermore, you're still asking for more money because you overspent, because she overspent, and donors will tell you.
Speaker 3: She will never be viable again. Ever. Ever, now you got me all worked.
Speaker 2: Up, sounds like it you're gonna have to calm down. Why don't you stand up for a little bit. I'm not trying to take your power.
Speaker 1: Oh you could not take my power?
Speaker 2: Yeah all right, yeah, yeah, Okay, I'll say this. I'm thankful for my family memories. We always had a big family Thanksgiving, so I'll say that, Yeah, this is the first Thanksgiving without both parents.
Speaker 3: That's tough.
Speaker 2: But I but remembering back to you know, from everything from the dryer from the dryer turkey. My parents used to cook the turkey ahead of time, especially at their house because it was a smaller house and they or a smaller kitchen and they didn't have a lot of room, so they would cook the turkey a couple day, like Monday or Tuesday or something like that, so that there was more room in the kitchen to do all the other stuff, the sides and the you know, desserts and all that sort of thing.
Speaker 3: But they would put the turkey. They'd wrap it, don't get me wrong.
Speaker 2: They'd wrap it in you know, a lot of foil and stuff, and they just put it out on the dryer and sort of the back patio area or not pattio, it's not outside but a pantry, I guess, and then throw that thing back in the oven at three point fifty for an hour or two and heat everything back up before.
Speaker 3: Why not or Thanksgiving?
Speaker 2: Nobody got sick that I remember. I don't recall ever getting in you know sound.
Speaker 3: Was there anybody who just didn't eat the turkey?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Late in grandma's life, when she was a ninety ish, my wife was like, hey, she would say to my kids to go light on the turkey, like just just you know, it's not even a great it's not just go light on the turkey. And then she said, you're not gonna let your grandma eat that, are you? And I said, my grandmother has eaten questionable meats for ninety years. Yeah, she's gonna be okay. Whatever God wants to throw at her in the form of an undercooked turkey, She's got the gut biome to handle it.
Speaker 1: It's like, also clear, you're not gonna tell Dixie what she can or cannot imagine. No, I mean she would slap you so hard, slap you into next Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: But one fork in my thigh and the other fork in the turkey breast.
Speaker 3: He was eating it here in Shannon.
Speaker 6: One of the things I'm thankful for is Shannon's a laugh that gets me through some tough days at work. Also thankful I was listening yesterday so I could hear about spatchcocking and learning about the circumference of a beef chub. You guys have a great Thanksgiving buddy.
Speaker 1: Guys, that's our friend who always has something actually knowledgeable to share with us. On what you learned from Gary and Shannon. Not just you know, I learned that emperor penguins are four feet tall.
Speaker 3: But the memory that I was smiling at and this is what brought us up.
Speaker 2: By the way, let us know what you are thankful for this thing or not thankful.
Speaker 3: We don't have to do them out there we do.
Speaker 2: I'm thankful for the Woody Show because they were the ones who came up with this idea.
Speaker 1: I see what you're doing. You're blatant whoring to the Woody Show.
Speaker 3: I'm thankful for the show.
Speaker 1: You're basically on the corner offering free lap dances to the Woody Show.
Speaker 2: It's a slow time for strippers, probably so, are you kidding?
Speaker 3: But I'm going to be at a strip club this weekend for to get away from family.
Speaker 1: No, I'll be in Atlanta, So I'm going to go to Magic City on Friday night and get some wings. I will be at a strip club on Thanksgiving weekend City weekend. Y.
Speaker 2: No, my uncle in high school, I was dating a girl.
Speaker 3: Is this uncle Frederick? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: And this is when they lived in the same town that we did, which Trollope?
Speaker 4: Was this.
Speaker 3: Becca?
Speaker 2: Yeah okay, and don't do that with your hands, sorry, and uh he said to me. And I remember this so distinctly, like it was a beautiful there was a warm day, their house smelled great. Everybody's line a big table's line. There's like three card tables smushed together with a tablecloth over it. And I invited my then high school girlfriend obviously to Thanksgiving dinner and we sit down, we have our food and everything, and everybody's just family talk and blah blah blah. We sat at the kids table because we're still in high school and I'd still counts technically as kids. My uncle says to me, is we're standing outside. Uh, the dudes are all outside and he's drinking a beer and he says to me, you know, between you and me and a fence post, you couldn't have found one with bigger boobs.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, I mean he.
Speaker 2: I distinctly remember him saying that to me, deadpan, deadpan.
Speaker 3: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: He's just pointing out the fact that this my high school girlfriend, Wow, was was uh endowed?
Speaker 3: Well in dowed?
Speaker 2: And I thought that that's kind of funny. Then it like a couple of years later, I was like, why are you saying that? Like it's one thing to notice, but.
Speaker 3: It's also to say it out loud.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: See, my uncle would say something like that, That's what uncles do. Yeah, you know, they have the freedom to do that.
Speaker 2: And I love the fact, Like my nephew is driving down from Bakersfield tomorrow to have Thanksgiving with us, and like, I wonder what he thinks of me as an uncle.
Speaker 3: Oh, you are just as inappropriate.
Speaker 1: I bet you dimes to dimes to well rhymes dozens dollars.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: We're talking about Dixie and Frederick and suddenly I'm using old sayings.
Speaker 2: A big international story today is the truce that took effect between Israel and Hesblah in the middle of the night and in the hours after that, bumper to bumper traffic leading out of Bay Route as people trying to make their way back to the towns and the villages in the south, many of which have been hit pretty hard by Israeli air strikes. Also, a number of unidentified drones have been seen flying over four bases used by the US Air Force in Britain. The Air Force uses RAF Lakenheath, Mildenhall, both of the which are in Suffolk, Feltwell is in North book and Fairford is in Gloucester Gloucester. I mean, all of those are very British names, but the key is the Air Force says that small unmanned aerial systems continue to be spotted in the vicinity of and over those four bases there in England.
Speaker 1: Man from California, who went missing twenty five years ago has been found at a hospital after his sister saw his picture in a news article. Sister called authorities on Friday to say she was sent a USA Today article published this spring that showed a photo of a man who looked like her brother.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: The brother vanished in nineteen ninety nine from Doyle, California, which is near Reno Isay. It appears he went missing voluntarily, and the USA Today article published a spring asked the public to help identify this nonverbal man who was in a hospital in the LA area.
Speaker 2: So she called the local sheriff's department out there last in County, Specifically, a deputy contacts the hospital here in LA and learns that this guy was transferred to another hospital.
Speaker 3: They track him down.
Speaker 2: LAPD detective actually goes to the second hospital to fingerprint the guy and confirms that that is the guy who vanished from nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 1: The man's sister got the news the family will soon be reunited. The sister was super excited. She was very appreciative we took the time to follow up on it. She was over the moon, anxious to call other family members to let them know it's going to make their Thanksgiving that much better.
Speaker 3: Here's the problem.
Speaker 1: The man went missing voluntarily in nineteen ninety nine. He didn't want to be found. He was like that Kobyashi girl takes off from the family. You don't know what kind of family he's dealing with, and he just takes off. He wants to go live his life. And then something happens. He becomes nonverbal. He's found by the family and he's nonverbal now and he can't even speak and tell them I don't like you.
Speaker 3: I ran away from you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's stuck with this family that he ran away from now and we don't know much about his current condition. Who knows what the sister put him through all those years ago.
Speaker 2: So like in twenty five years, we're going to find a nonverbal person in a hospital in Cleveland and they're going to be like, hey, it's Hannah Kobayashi.
Speaker 3: Don't you remember she was the one that went missing.
Speaker 1: And then they return her to her family she was running away from and now she can't even speak.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I could I could see that story or it's perfectly great.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it's one positive. I'm sure it's wonderful. I'm sure that you will always go to the most negative You're right concern. You know what, I'm going to stop doing that for today.
Speaker 2: And I'm thankful for the turnaround. I'm thankful for your positive attitude today. I'm going to be relentlessly positive today. I don't feel like we need to push it.
Speaker 3: Too relentless positivity.
Speaker 1: I love your now it's too much, too much already is black black and has gold lettering. I'm positive about that, Yes it is and does. I am positive. We are going to have the best time next Tuesday at the postathon.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a great time at all. It always is. We actually have.
Speaker 2: If you go to KFI AM six forty dot com slash Postathon, you're going to see the information about the auction items.
Speaker 3: Bidding has opened for the auction items.
Speaker 2: Bidding closes for the auction items late Tuesday night, the night of our actual White House Postathon broadcast that we're doing from the Anaheim White House Restaurant. Our auction item is to go hang out and see a Dodgers game in the suite with us as much as you can take of us, probably, which is a good time limit on that because it's only a nine inning game, and if Will Smith doesn't hit three more home runs, we'll probably you know, we'll probably bounce out of their right at the ninth inning.
Speaker 3: There there are no bids, no bids.
Speaker 2: Well, there's a question garianon yes, before we bid on that dog here sweet thing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, a couple of questions. Sure, is it an iHeartRadio suite? And when does iHeart renew.
Speaker 6: Their leaf on that suite?
Speaker 3: We're good. Question funny something funny?
Speaker 4: Okay, you know what.
Speaker 3: That's that's not a bad joke. No, but we're fine, trust me.
Speaker 2: We we have the sweet and then we'll work out whichever dates we can next summer to go hang out, watch watch the game. We've had a I mean, the multiple times that we've done that, we have met some really cool people and it's been a really great time.
Speaker 3: Not to mention the number of hot dogs, a lot of hot dogs.
Speaker 1: And then there was a gentleman, remember who who is writing his erotic novel and was giving sharing us, sharing, sharing.
Speaker 3: With us some of the plot points on two time.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, up next Tomato, Tomato, hundreds of fake guitars found. This is not this is the weirdest counterfeit product thing I think I've seen in a long time.
Speaker 1: When did we get all of these auction items? Michelle's magic fall off a truck somewhere. Well, she's got some friends on Long Island or North Hollywood. Gary and Shannon will continue right after this. You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 2: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.