Speaker 1: Mentally, I can tune out and then on Sunday around I don't know three ish mentally tune back on. Look, what we do is not a physical thing, right, It's not roofing, it's not welding, it's not hanging dry wall. It's not things that I have done in the past and things that many of you are literally on your way to do today. But you have to believe me when I tell you.
Speaker 2: When there are.
Speaker 1: Weeks because of the mental side of it where I feel like I am like it's it's bail and weak right back on the ranch where we're having to literally do our round bails, do our a pounders, do our standard toss bails, and it literally was the worst week of the year. And I have to tell you mentally, that's where I feel that I am right now. You can probably hear it in my voice, but that's its own thing. I mean, like my brain yesterday evening as I am laying down in bed at like seven thirty, felt like it was one of those weeks where I used to do fill in for Schnitch Show and there, you know, and I tried to just do a couple fill ins during the week, but sometimes it it required three or four and if it's a busy news cycle, that's how it was. I feel so physically mentally exhausted, which then you know is the physical exhaustion. And it's hard to explain to people because they're like, you talk, man, You just you go on the radio and you talk, and you know, even if they give you credit for the prep, it's it's not comparable to busting your ass ten days poor, you know, ten hours a day poor in concrete. And I agree from the physical side, but it's a mental job to do this job, and I feel absolutely beat up. Ross I have to sound like it. I know you as well, and you've got a hundred things going on, not just from a job perspective, but also with like some home stuff you're doing. I if something happens this weekend, I'm gonna lose my crap.
Speaker 2: I'm just putting everybody on.
Speaker 3: I was, you know, I was saying, I'm just looking forward to a nice, stress news free weekend that I would be amazing.
Speaker 1: I I I woke up this morning and like I'm unable.
Speaker 2: To and it'll fire up here in a little.
Speaker 1: Bit, because sometimes it's just having to do it, like I woke up this morning and I'm like, what is wrong with me?
Speaker 2: I know, I'm not sick. I just have hit my mental edge with this.
Speaker 1: And even though I, you know, I try to wind down, I intentionally didn't turn on any news. I I watched like weird documentary stuff that was as non controversial as you can get, just to mentally unplug.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Granted, there were a few things on the Twitter that I saw. We're gonna place some of the audio.
Speaker 4: For you.
Speaker 1: And I had, you know, and then you start to formulate thoughts and ways you're gonna to handle it. The the acquisition of Twitter every day by Elon Musk becomes more important and you'll you'll you'll see what I mean. And every single time I see something that I know would have fallen by the wayside, been been pulled right, been uh uh, shadow buried, shadow bands not the right word, but shadow buried where you wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Have seen it.
Speaker 1: That now permeates the you know, the the trending portion like these are all positive things and they get my brain going. But having to watch the like you know, yesterday we played the audio of the borders are right where you had the same reporters you you had the same outlets, you had the same shows with you know before and after who said, oh, she's borders are and then literally in the last few days said she was never borders are right, that'll hurt your brain. And then yesterday there was a note card, right, just a one sheeter with bullet points on it that was posted right, that was literally provided to Democrat politicians and apparently the media because.
Speaker 2: Immediately you saw the.
Speaker 1: Talking points thing, a memo, whatever you want to call it, put into action.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: And as much as you're trying to mentally unplug from this, it's absolutely infuriating, like have you know.
Speaker 2: And it's not a new thing.
Speaker 1: It's the it's the difference is this stuff ends up now featured on social media, at the very least on Twitter.
Speaker 2: And it's such a.
Speaker 1: Good thing because people who would dip in previously may not see it. They would see stuff and it wouldn't have community notes attached and and and they would feel researched on this stuff. And now it appears with community notes and the video showing this appear. And you're not going to change the mind of the hardcorees right who actively accept this stuff, But maybe the person who normally is you know, here for the sports or or here for what the Kardashians are up to.
Speaker 2: Maybe they'll see that stuff.
Speaker 1: And maybe the media will have to adjust the way that they do things. And then it gets my brain chugging. Yesterday, as I'm sitting there, like I'm gonna get eight hours and nine hours of sleep, I'm ecstatic, And yet I wake up feeling that I as I'm laying As I'm laying there last night trying to go to sleep and not pay attention to it, It's all I can think about.
Speaker 3: Like, how did it get so bad? How did it get so brazen?
Speaker 2: You have to.
Speaker 1: You have to read the thing or watch the video. We'll tweet it out. I tweeted it again. We'll retweet it so you can see it. And it's as brazen as you ever suspected it was.
Speaker 2: And I sit there and I go.
Speaker 1: With them, getting community notes and more people realizing like the the literal lies and hoaxes, right, it's anecdotal, and I see more of that stuff. Is a change on the horizon, And I thought it was, but I don't know. Man, we have a very short period. By the way, this right here, so you don't have to read the card? Is the media reading the car?
Speaker 5: She was never actually borders are borders are, which was not something that was formally conveyed upon her.
Speaker 6: She's been labeled incorrectly by some members of the right as this is bullet point by bullet point, and this is an MSNBC.
Speaker 2: Just MSNBC and CNN. It's like ABC News, CBS News.
Speaker 3: You know, like in the video on the left you can see the cards. The yeah, it's right there, and the rights. The news anchors just read, you know, you get the reading enough the prompter like they're like they're old the radio terms for us inside baseball, it's like you're an old top forty jock and you're reading the liner cards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we better you better read them. You better read them, right, the liner cards back in the day. Man, Your program directors like, why aren't you reading the liner cards? The difference was those are like contests and and and like things that you would never deny that you're trying to read. This is shaping uh in in almost verbatim terms, how they're presenting the story.
Speaker 2: It's jarring.
Speaker 3: Man. I think the reason that you're so tired, I think other people are feeling the same way is you're just inundated and over encumbered by this propaganda that is soulless. And we've had a really crazy few weeks where we went from an assassin assassination attempt on a former president to now making Kamala Harris like the second coming of Jesus or something like.
Speaker 2: Going on man.
Speaker 3: And I mean, there's so much of this, but you can see you we were talking about how Elon Musk bought Twitter and now you can sort of call this garbage out, whereas before you'd get even banned for mentioning that it might be fake. Compare what you're seeing on threads versus what you're seeing on X and it is night and day. And an example of this Mark Cuban even did you see the poll he put out He said which campaign has the has which which campaign is the low energy campaign? And he put the same poll up on threads in Twitter and saw two completely different answers. On X it was like, Kamala is the low energy by far it was like seventy two to something and then seventy two percent, and then on threads it was, you know, Trump is the low energy And he was like how come there's such a major difference here, And it's like, well, it's a lot of it is, and a lot of people that are on threads though right around these different versions of social media. They are like the political soft refugees that when Elon Musk bought they left because they couldn't stand another voice in. They couldn't stand.
Speaker 1: Being out of their echo chamber, right right, But you're not going to convert them. I'm not talking about you. I'm oh, yeah, one hundred percent. I'm talking about the people who normally don't dip in except in a very small window, and that's going to be the experiment this time. The people still have a Twitter account but use it mostly for sports, right yeah, you know, or yeah, a little bit of pop culture whatever. Inevitably, there is a better chance that they're going to see the borders are stuff with a community note, or perhaps with a suggestion that hey, here's a video of them literally reading a liner card and you you didn't run that risk because of the willingness to bury that stuff one election cycle ago. So that's the thing that keeps me hopeful, but that they'll stumble upon this and go, why the hell does why the hell are they reading this thing from the White House?
Speaker 6: Borders are Republicans named her?
Speaker 5: The borders are Republicans have always exaggerated what her job was at the border.
Speaker 1: Republicans again have labeled where the borders are.
Speaker 5: That's not exactly what President Biden asked her to do. She was never put in charge of the border.
Speaker 7: That wasn't actually her task, not to secure it, but to address the underlying roots of migration. She was charged with leading the administration's efforts to address the root causes of migration.
Speaker 3: The root causes of migration to the US.
Speaker 5: The root causes, root causes, Root causes are root causes, root causes of immigration.
Speaker 8: We also want to point out that right now, apprehension numbers continue to decrease in our country, especially over the last few months.
Speaker 7: And I just want to know that border crossings have been going.
Speaker 9: Down and illegal border crossings are lower right now.
Speaker 10: Migrant crossings continue to drop.
Speaker 3: Border crossings are way down.
Speaker 11: Border crossings are down.
Speaker 1: Okay, And I want you to watch the video and because it has the card next to it, and you know what, share it, do whatever you gotta do, and who knows, maybe now with the ability of community notes to attach. Right, those are visible. Those are usually very you know, within the first line, very understandable, and maybe maybe it shapes the way the media does stuff, but for now it is, it is how they've always done it, coupled with a much higher propensity for people to see that they're full of crap.
Speaker 3: This isn't. I think this is another reason you're feeling the way you're feeling because and I mentioned this a few days ago, for about a span of two weeks, we can have two weeks, we got a glimpse of what it would be like if the press was fair and balanced because they were going out after the Democrats for once, and we felt amazing about that this side because we were not used to that. We're so used to being attacked the way that Biden was being attacked, right, and we're like, this feels good, this feels different, this feels fair. And as soon as they kicked the old man out, as soon as they used that pressure, they went back, not only did they turn on a turn on a dime, but now it's like a full full court press with this propaganda.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 2: This it's not because you have a very short window.
Speaker 3: And out, yeah, right, exactly, So now you have this feeling that was amazing, like, oh my god, this is gonna be fair. We've never felt this before to going back to the way it was, and it feels and it feels like crap.
Speaker 1: I I don't I don't know what it is. I am so mentally burned out.
Speaker 3: I think that's what it is. And like I said, there's just so much of this propaganda and you can see it and it's it's just gross. Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I well, look we'll we'll bang through it. I'm gonna look, I'm gonna I'm gonna lean on you today. Okay, you can you can hear where I'm at. Eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four.
Speaker 2: Do you think that it is?
Speaker 1: Do you think that it's right to be hopeful that more there is a higher probability that people who are not real political people, but you know, probably vote will we'll stumble upon at the very least something that will raise questions in their mind.
Speaker 3: I think we're in a lot better position than we're feeling. And I think the only reason we're feeling the way we're feeling right now is because that allude that the two weeks that fairness was taken away really quickly, and now we're back to where we are and we know what the we've seen in the past decade or so, right where we get when the when the media does this and we're used to feeling a certain way, Now we're back to that. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I sat there and I think you're right. I hope that you're right. An assassination attempt by a miracle from God, or or he didn't or he didn't get hit by a bullet. As you'll I'm to find out is the reporting by newsweek. And and by the way, as I'm laying there, as I'm sitting there last night for three four five hours, not able to fall asleep, these are all the things that I'm processing, and I feel like that's going to be a big thing. I'll explain in a moment. Hang on, I am, I am so, I am so like mentally stretched after this week, last week, everything. So if if things are a little slower today, if I deviate off of the red meat news you want to hear it is just to keep my sanity. I got some I got some chicken wing news that we're going to get into. Don't worry, we'll do the stories of the day, and we'll touch on the on the you know, the way that the media is continuing to do things the way that they have done them in the past. Yet I'm seeing cracks in the facade, and that's going to be a theme.
Speaker 12: And I.
Speaker 1: Lay awake last night three four five. I don't even know what time I fell asleep. And that's you know, that's something I do on the regular when I'm putting prep together. After I send it off to Ross, generally my brain is still like, all right, I sent the stories over, here's how we're going to do it. And it's just everything's just been so insane. So even though what we do is not physical, you're you're getting a glimpse into the mental pounding that putting a show together takes. I would challenge anyone to sit down and do stream of consciousness for three hours.
Speaker 2: It's it's not easy.
Speaker 3: I saw something this morning that might give you some hope.
Speaker 2: It's not all. Here's the thing. It's not that I don't have hope.
Speaker 1: It's that I literally, I I literally can't sit and and and try to and and and the weekend.
Speaker 2: The weekend will cure this.
Speaker 1: Even if something happens I can't sit and try to think out all of the reasons and the players and and the motivations because everybody is being so scummy.
Speaker 3: Right yeah, no, I mean there's the reason that like world chess champions will tend to go absolutely insane, right because like your brain can only take so much before it melts down.
Speaker 1: Well wait, let's not go there, not quite yet. Like I'm not I'm not going on a shooting spree or anything. But I'm sorry, what were you saying you saw something?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Dane Cook? Did you see the Dane Cook news? I haven't thought about Dane Cooking forever. Please fill me in. Dane Cook, I guess has been hanging out. He's still doing his Dane Cook thing, not nearly as you know, popular as he used to be, or is you know, Hi, remember when Dan Cook was like.
Speaker 2: Oh he had a moment for sure, yea, Like.
Speaker 3: He was selling out like Madison Square Garden and stuff. So he went on TikTok. And he is not a political person at all in public, Like he is not one of.
Speaker 2: The h Admittedly I don't even know how he.
Speaker 3: Feels, right, and that's purposefully done. But he went on and he put up a poll in his TikTok and he just said he wasn't going to attack people. It wasn't to debate. He just wants to know where people's heads are at in this country after the past few weeks, because he was feeling a little tired and a little weirded out as well, and he's wanted to, you know, know where people were at. The reason that you really want to pay more attention to his poll than say, other people's polls is because, like I said, he's not political, and his algorithm isn't isn't skewed like other people. For instance, if kat Turd puts out a pole, it's going to be skewed one way because his algorithm is one way. Or if Mark Cuban or even if he saw one of.
Speaker 2: The Krastin idiots had a poll this morning and I just I'm.
Speaker 3: Just yeah, or the right or the cras and steeds, so their stuff is going to be leading significantly in one way or the other because of who they are. But also it's because of the people that you bring in, like what you see on your timeline, depending if you're on threads or you're on even Facebook or or x right or TikTok. The content you're going to see and the people that are going to be drawn to you are drawn to you because of an algorithm. So if you're super political, those people are going to see you and probably follow you, and then it skews even worse in one direction, where he is not that way. So it's really a good clean slate, right because he has he's not political at all, so the people just people aren't. So he puts out a poll and when you read the comments there and when you see the results of the poll knowing that it's it's not skewed in one way in this algorithm free in that respect, it's really eye opening. The Trump Trump won his poll. It's the thing. It's still going on by like over ninety percent. And when you read the comments, it's all people expressing sort of what you're expressing and just being like they can't take any more of the left. Like when you read the comments, you would think that he was a cat turd or somebody like that, or somebody you know, like a like a right wing influencer, and he is not. It's just people expressing their theirselves in the comments knowing that they're not going to be attacked, and he's not going to try to debate them or put them in the spotlight and try to shame them. It's just him having a conversation, like you tell me how you feel right in the comments, I'm gonna read it. I'm not gonna debate you. So you have people freely expressing themselves in the comments, and what they're expressing is that they're over it, They're over Kamala, and they're not believing any of the hype.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, and we didn't see a situation where somebody saw the poll and then tried to jacket right right.
Speaker 3: As far as I know, it hasn't been flipped in any ways. It's the first time I've seen it today.
Speaker 2: Well good, oh wait, hold on, Austin pauls him an email. I can just imagine a suck it. I'm trying, dude.
Speaker 1: And and by the way, I'm not telling you this too, so you feel bad. I'm I'm telling you because I don't like giving you a show that's not maximum effort. Okay, that's it. My voice makes it sound worse than it is. It's just my voice has burned out from the end of the week. So it it but I like sitting there and being able to process and talk out where I'm going to go was near impossible yesterday and it's I'm almost.
Speaker 2: Never dealt with that.
Speaker 1: So I am, I'm I'm being honest with you, And like I said, we got chicken wing news, so my whole mood may turn around.
Speaker 3: In fact, you want to know the chicken wing news. Ross, do you know the chicken wing news? I do, yes, Okay, you.
Speaker 1: Probably have chicken wing keyword emails, so that's a little unfair. This could go to the Supreme Court. Can boneless wings include bones? I know this sounds like a stupid topic, but the Ohio the Ohio Supreme Court just weighed in on this yesterday and they have fundamentally redefined what I guess the term boneless means. And because of the fact that they're split, and because of the fact that in another region of the country there is literally a similar lawsuit going if that lawsuit comes out at that I don't know what Ohio is Ohio seventh District, I can't remember, but you know, let's say that and the other ones in California. So if California and Ohio have split decisions, feasibly the Supreme Court could take up whether boneless wings need to legally be free of bones.
Speaker 2: And it's not just that.
Speaker 1: If you read the decision, which is rather amusing, they point out that diners who know they're eating chicken should know that there's a possibility of bones, and then they get into why nuggets are not a thing. Let's see here, boneless wings, according to the Ohio Supreme Court, refers to a cooking style and consumers have a duty to be on guard against bones. Basically, a dude was eating boneless wings, he swallowed a low piece of bone, got an infection, got seriously injured and sick because he, in typical dude fashion, is like, now, just drink some water, it'll be fine. By the time he went to the hospital, it required surgery. So he filed the lawsuit. According to the decision, just as a person eating chicken fingers would know that chickens don't have fingers.
Speaker 2: I have a fun I have a fun story. I'll try to do on on this on the.
Speaker 1: Chicken fingers thing, because I met a I met somebody who thought that.
Speaker 2: Chicken had fingers, and she was a grown adult.
Speaker 13: She's not.
Speaker 2: She's not listening. So I'll tell you she's not the.
Speaker 1: Sharpest tool in the shed, somebody I grew up with and she ended up getting a nickname over it. But just as chicken tenders, chicken nuggets, and chicken fingers are not actually a part of the chicken that is identifiable from an anatomical standpoint, the word boneless falls within that, and you eat boneless wings at your own caution. And the fact that the Supreme Court, who literally has provided some of the most important decisions over the last few years that many of us will likely see in our life lifetime. I love the idea of Roberts and the wise Latina and Gorsicch and all of them sitting down to adjudicate whether boneless wings and frankly, this is part of a larger labeling of food. And when you look at it from that perspective, there's a ton of crap that.
Speaker 2: We eat that are not actual literal names.
Speaker 1: And I apparently we're at a point where half the justices, or I guess just less than one of half the justices on the Ohio Supreme Court think that anything that is labeled and is not anatomically correct requires changing of the names it would be very impactful. Let's see here, does anyone really believe that parents in this country feed their kids boneless wings or chicken? Oh, of course you're going to reload the page right now. Don't even try me today Fox News This is on Fox news is or Fox Businesses website. Yes, just as parents in this country, if either children boneless chicken wings or chicken tenders or nuggets, might expect that there to be bones in the chicken. Of course they don't, said Justice Michael Donnelly, who wrote in The Descent. So he and three of his cohorts were the it was close. It was five to four. So there you go. Just know that chicken wing chicken wing cases may make their way to the US Supreme Court. All right, unfortunately, all right, well hang on, Oh by the way, we're on the ap thing. In fact, let me let me do this. The Associated Press has withdrawn a fact check. And if you're if you're not fully plugged in, you may have seen people cracking jokes about the fact check. But I want to explain to you why this is really important, and it has to do with Jade Vance and a couch. I know some of you didn't think I'd do this story. But now that Associated Press has literally weighed in and then chosen to remove them weighing in, it's just one more layer of the bias that we don't talk about.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 2: It's easy to read a story and go, that's wrong, that's wrong.
Speaker 13: She was.
Speaker 1: Borders are, but what they choose to cover and what they don't choose to cover, and especially as it pertains to fact checks, is a big deal.
Speaker 2: And to the.
Speaker 1: Point where Associated Press is apologized Orsi excuse me, issued a clarification. Well, it sounds like an apology the morning.
Speaker 14: Casey, Yes, sir, I'd like to bring you your attention. Another discrepancy between the chicken and the fast food industry is the tenderloins tender oin tammus, or sometimes referred to as chicken tenders. And I'd like to point out that chicken. There's no tenderloin on the chicken.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, and and they again, they they spoke to this. I just I find something incredibly amusing that the US Supreme Court could be adjudicating this.
Speaker 14: Absolutely it seems fact they would have better things.
Speaker 2: Well one one would think.
Speaker 1: But if you get and thanks for the call there, surf, you get a couple lawsuits going back and forth. They've they've adjudicated stranger stuff, but it speaks to a bigger issue of food labeling, and that's, you know, that is really the challenge. It just stems from somebody eating boneless wings, which, by the way, why would you do that? Can eat wings man up right, And it's one thing if you're you know, you're giving it to a kid, but in this case, it's a grown adult who opted for the garlic parmesan boneless wings. You know, I'll say this as as somebody who likes to travel eating chicken in other countries, you assume there's gonna be bones in there. It's really weird. They don't do the same level of.
Speaker 2: De boning.
Speaker 1: Like if you get a boneless chicken breast and you order that in a restaurant, especially in Latin America, I've noticed there's probably bones in there, and so the first few times you eat it, even if they say it's boneless, you should be on the lookout for bones. So it's it is a privilege in the United States too, I guess generally assume there's not bones in there. But it's also a labeling thing, and no in California. They'll probably come down on the other side of this, all right. So the Associated Press thing is weird, man. So the associated and language is so important with these The Associated Press has removed a fact check that they published on They published it Wednesday night. They published it Wednesday, but they removed it yesterday evening, okay, and the fact check is this was the headline. No jd Vance did not have sex with the couch. I saw jokes. I didn't fully understand what it was until I dug into this just day, and I'm sorry I did, but it speaks to something important. One story selection, two wording within a story, and you'll understand the difference after I explain it. So the Associated Press, it did an official check, published it Wednesday. Again, that's the headline, and you're thinking, well, how the why the hell are we here, because there was there were two.
Speaker 2: Memes going around.
Speaker 1: That in his book, which now every reviewer hates quite in his dreadful novel is literally how it's worded, right, everyone who loved it, all of these these mainstream reviewers who loved the movie, loved the book, now hate it because he's the you know, VP nominee said that in the novel, he talks about hooking up with a couch, except he doesn't. It's not in there anywhere, was never part of the book let alone. The movie, well, the Olympics with literally the opening ceremonies, just what hours away, that's going, well, we have.
Speaker 2: We have actual sabotage.
Speaker 1: I just want to be clear before I say what it is, because I'm just digesting this story literally right now. Good morning our number two. I I'm not gonna make a thing of it, but I will tell you what I told you at the beginning of the show. You have to understand the process for doing the show. So when I pull together stories in the evening, I sent them over to Ross. We put them in a stack. But they're literally for reference. They're for audio cuts we're gonna play. They're for numbers that I may need access to. But I I don't use notes. I literally read and commit to memory the vast majority of what's in the stories. And I'm not telling you this to brag, but like, it's a way of doing talk radio that requires you to have mental acuity and bounce around. And I got to tell you it started to set in last night and I woke up this morning, and I am mentally burned, and I think a lot.
Speaker 2: Of you are as well.
Speaker 1: Like being able to bounce around and even remember stuff that I put in the stack yesterday is at a bare minimum right now. So and I and I'm telling you not to have you feel bad for me. One, I think a lot of you can mentally relate. But two, I want you to know why the show sounds rough today. And what we've seen over the last few weeks is wild.
Speaker 2: Man, you know.
Speaker 1: Uh And and obviously Trump nearly getting assassinated was the was the kickoff, it was the impetus, but.
Speaker 2: Then Biden's out.
Speaker 1: The absolute laid bare bias of the media that you're seeing right now is mind boggling. What took place in Washington, d C. Which we have some updates from Capitol Police as to why they were very minimal arrests.
Speaker 2: And and you know, will that be the end of it?
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe they basically said we did that, we didn't have the staffing to conduct the full scale arrests, and they're.
Speaker 2: Probably not wrong.
Speaker 1: And you can call it defund the police and everything, you know, whatever gets you there. But it's another one of these situations where you're sitting there and you're realizing that the full court press from the DOJ that you saw for over January sixth, stuff just isn't going to materialize. And it's it, and it's it's meant to beat you down. And don't worry. I'll I'll get, I'll get, you know, fingers crossed at least one day to mentally disconnect over the weekend, and we'll be back champion at the bid on Monday.
Speaker 2: But it it, it all has an impact.
Speaker 1: And I want you to know that if you're feeling that way, I appreciate you, you know, sticking with sticking with us and and you know, going on Twitter and there's there's.
Speaker 2: Hopeful signs there.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 1: I I I mentioned it yesterday as I was just sitting there staring off into the void after I had sent prep. I don't know, I don't know what it would it would have looked like, and what this this shortened election would look like if not for Elon's acquisition of Twitter. Man, Because the amount of garbage that they are shoveling right now. The TV station in Minneapolis WCCO is like wr L right, they're the really in the bag bias station In fact, we used to call them on the radio. In Minneapolis, we call them WDFL. And the reason of the reason is is because in Minnesota, the Democrat Party is actually called the DFL party. See it's the only place I've ever worked where they're not the Democrats, They're the DFL, which stands for Democrat, Farm and Labor. So it fits very nicely when wanting to label a TV station. They had the audacity to sit there and run with their anchor yesterday that Kamala Harris never participated or supported the bail fund. Well, obviously it happened to Minnesota. There's tweets from her, and there is video of her being interviewed by the TV station throwing her support behind it. And then you couple that with the she was never borders are a single page memo thing that came out on telling elected Democrats how to talk about it, how to lie about it. I guess it would be more accurate. And then you realize as you're watching the reporting yesterday evening that the media is literally reading from it. Here is point by point, so I don't have to explain what was on this index card. It's the media using it. And in many cases with verbatim language.
Speaker 5: She was never actually borders are, borders are, which was.
Speaker 3: Not something that was formally conveyed upon her.
Speaker 6: She's been labeled incorrectly by some members of the right as the borders are.
Speaker 5: Republicans named her the borders are.
Speaker 3: Republicans have always exaggerated what her job was at the border. Republicans again have labeled her the borders are.
Speaker 8: That's not exactly what President Biden asked her to do.
Speaker 10: She was never put in charge of the border.
Speaker 7: That wasn't actually her task, not to secure it, but to address the underlying roots of migration. She was charged with leading the administration's efforts to address the root causes of migration.
Speaker 3: The root causes of migration to the US.
Speaker 5: The root causes, root causes, root causes, or root causes root causes of immigration.
Speaker 8: We also want to point out that right now, apprehension numbers continue to decrease in our country, especially over the last few months.
Speaker 7: And I just want to know that border crossings have been going.
Speaker 15: Down and illegal border crossings are lower.
Speaker 16: Right now, Migrant crossings continue to drop.
Speaker 3: Border crossings are way down.
Speaker 15: Border crossings are down.
Speaker 1: I remember, I remember when because every one of those media outlets is saying that they lied, or they would say that they had they were inaccurate. And so the proof there is, do you believe that every news outlet who reported her as the borders are and we played it yesterday took Republican's word for it, that that that is the only that is the only way that their previous reporting lines up with what they're now saying. They're saying, one, we screwed it up, but also they're saying that the only people that were saying that are Republicans. Do you think that CBS, ABC, NBC, MSNBC, the lot of them used Republican talking points? Even when Republicans issue a statement that is an opinion statement or in god forbid, a factual statement that they might have to check out, they don't take that. They would never adapt to the Republican language, save maybe Fox News, and they're willing to. They're willing to fall on this stord and they're willing to run this and it is mind blowing to me. And the only thing that I can hope as I'm sitting there mentally trying to process it, is that more people who are casuals on social media might see one of the community notes, or see somebody who very concisely explains something that doesn't process in their brain. Because if that doesn't work and they're able to pull this off, you'll never you'll never get truth from them. They need to suffer the consequences of I guess a further jetti singing of audience, or people at the ballot box saying no, this is hot garbage, We're not going to do this. And you know, sixty percent of people in a poll that I saw, and it's it's not a poll that is generally favorable to Republicans, sixty percent believe that Kamala Harris was among those who was helping to cover up what was going on with Biden. Well, from a journalistic standpoint of sixty percent of people think there's something being covered up, then wouldn't sixty percent of people not think that Biden's capable of being president right now? And you know, this is this is this is my process an extrap and then I remember, all right, I'm going to make that point, that point, and it's it is a it is a process that yesterday my brain just said, you know what, dude, you need to think about anything, but this, and so.
Speaker 2: I know many of you are there.
Speaker 1: I've seen the frustration on social media and I try to be the hopeful guy and I still am, but I sound like I got hit by a truck today. So and I always want to be honest with you. So that's where we're at. Okay, all right, rock and roll, and you know it's death by a thousand cuts. Associated Press has now backed off a fact check that is one of the most absurd things I have ever seen, and you have to understand the language in it. Associated Press issued a fact check Wednesday. Yesterday, they redacted it and the fact check was titled ear muffs. I guess we got a little kid around. You know. Jd Vance did not have sex with a couch. Now, the absurdity of even choosing to do this based on some like weird social media post is nuts, but the way that they worded it is the most instructive. They went point by point, explaining that nowhere in his book he'll bill the elogy or elegy I can never pronounce it. Is there a portion where he talked about securing a rubber glove between cushions on a couch. But they don't say that what they say, is we can't. We can't tell you for sure that he didn't do it. And the wording matters, right, because there's something you're throwing out there that is easily fact checkable. Search the book, the pdf p used the PDF version of the book, and search for keywords if you're too lazy to read the damn thing, and then you know, go and say, no, this doesn't appear in the book anywhere.
Speaker 2: But that's not what they said.
Speaker 1: They said, and there is really no way for any of us to prove that he didn't have sex with a couch. Well, by that standard, there is no standard, right because I have no way to prove that Ross didn't murder thirteen hobos in a spree in the late nineties.
Speaker 2: I've no way to prove he didn't.
Speaker 1: But maybe he did. Wouldn't put it past him, and that's the absurdity of doing it.
Speaker 13: Well.
Speaker 1: Associated Press now says that it didn't go through the propreditorial process, so they have removed it from their wire offerings.
Speaker 2: And actually the way that they.
Speaker 1: The way that AP sends stuff out without getting technical, is how they're trying to explain, well, it never went fully on the wire. It was only made available. That's a cop out. And if you understand how the AP works, you will understand why. But I'm not going to explain the whole thing. It's absolute absurdities. But it tells you in in the minds of people who need a reason and not like jd Vance that well, look, AP couldn't find that he did, but maybe he did, and it it caused more and more people.
Speaker 2: To put this this.
Speaker 1: Weird joke or hit piece or whatever you want to call it out and it literally started trending as a result. You tell me that's not by design? Why these errors always go in the same direction that are are to smear Trump or too smear jd Vance And the the current one you're seeing today is Trump doesn't want a debate. Well we'll break that down here in just a few minutes. Uh, Donna, what's up?
Speaker 13: Good morning, I'm doing them all.
Speaker 12: Thank you?
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You know, it's Friday, so we're good.
Speaker 13: You You've got a weekend coming up, so drink a lot of burbon and you'll better. So this happened to me before I started using Twitter. I was an independent and when the twenty sixteen election came along, I voted for Trump because there's no way I could vote for Hillary. So it really wasn't a vote for her. For him, it was a vote against her. But then I started to really pay attention, and slowly it was like a veil was being lifted off my eyes. And now I can't believe, Like everything that you just played is just it blows my mind. Yesterday, what was going around was w CCO forgive me if you mentioned this, it's a yeah, yeah, accuses Harris. I mean, we all know if you're but if you're not on Twitter, you would.
Speaker 4: Not know that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, no, no, no. CCO was the Ral of Minneapolis.
Speaker 13: They were yeah, bring.
Speaker 2: Them absolutely and in the bag. There was never a question.
Speaker 1: Which is why when I was on the air in Minneapolis, it's who we made fun of. So but we're beyond, We're beyond making fun of them, right it is. It is downright criminal what they're doing, right.
Speaker 4: It's insidious, it's very they're all Democrat parrots. And listen to how the language that they use is just parting each other and it's all live.
Speaker 13: And if I swear, if it wasn't for Trump, I would have never seen it.
Speaker 1: Well, don I appreciate the call this warm up against the clock here. Yeah, oh sorry, I didn't mean to hang up on her quite that quickly. But and it's why, and I didn't do a good job to explain. It's why, Like the language of the Associated Press that matters. That matters, and it matters the way that they're spending the Christopher Ray testimony.
Speaker 2: So we'll touch on that. I'll let you know what's going on in the Olympics.
Speaker 1: There's some crazy stories, and we'll do that coming up in just a few minutes here on the Casey Radio program. I go back and forth, but there's just a generic version of it. Are Republicans Are they doing themselves a disservice calling Kamala a DEI candidate? And the answer is, I don't know. There's a lot of folks who think that the the you know, the sexual stuff with Kamala Harris is is really dumb, and I mostly agree with that.
Speaker 2: But also, has there been anything that's off limits with Trump? Like we just went through a trial over a porn.
Speaker 1: Star and and and I understand that, well, you know, the other side does that.
Speaker 2: It doesn't make it necessarily right. I don't know. Oh, what tracks and what doesn't like.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen individualize polling on it, so you know, everything from the the Billy Bush tape to everything. There has been nothing that's off limits. So I understand why people go in that direction. But I separate the DEI thing only because they made such a big deal out of it. Right there's there is transcript and audio and and you know, printed word from the President literally saying that this is why he's doing what he's doing. So I, I, you know, I don't know if it's a winning strategy, but I'm not going to begrudge people on that. I tend to agree that maybe they're not going to get anywhere with the that stupid logo right where she's on her knees and the side chick stuff. I think it's dumb and I and while you can argue that it's a curate and they did the same to Trump, the question becomes does it net you more votes? And I don't know if independence you're you're literally targeting here are going to have.
Speaker 2: Much appetite for it.
Speaker 1: But the DEI stuff, I'm truly on the fence with that because they made such a big deal out of it and literally explain that they were going to pick a black woman to be president or to be a vice president. So I hear you. So I know I'm splitting the baby there, but that's where I'm at, you know. And and now the latest thing we're going to be dealing with today is the narrative that Donald Trump won't debate her because he's terrified of her, which of course the media is.
Speaker 3: Going to run.
Speaker 1: And at no point are they going to sit there and read the actual statement that the Trump put out on Truth, which simply said, I have I have terms and conditions to debate Joe Biden. Remember they were basically his terms and conditions. I don't even know if Kamala is going to be that person. So at this point we'll wait and see, which sounds logical now from a strategy stand but he's probably smart just saying yeah, I'll debate her under those terms following the the the DEM convention in Chicago, because I don't think she does well in a debate with him. I think there's a lot of cackling. And you know, no matter how biased the moderator is in that you saw the deer in the headlights with her when she was sitting now with ABC, and they asked her, like, you're the you're the most liberal senator and she's like, well, Mike Pence said that, and then for whatever reason, the ABC reporter was actually like, well, no, the you gov actually said that the non partisan group, and she was absolutely stymied. She didn't know how to respond to that. But when you see the story today that Donald Trump's too much of a coward to debate her, he simply said, if she's the nominee, we'll wait and see and we'll figure it out from there. But you know, just watch watch how that gets handled, and I think it'll be very eye opening. All right, let's get in on this, Josh, what's up, Casey?
Speaker 11: Hey, I was I was wondering, just like the jd Vance thing. Ye know, there's no proof for no way you can say it didn't happen.
Speaker 17: You know, maybe this, uh, maybe this whole thing is saying, hey, Trump, don't go after this, and senators don't.
Speaker 11: Go after this. But they're putting it all out in the news and it's on my news feet every time I look on my phone daily and it's already out there or it's out there.
Speaker 17: Maybe that was their playing all along that Trump doesn't have to do the starty work himself.
Speaker 1: Well, but but but the the parameters for her being selected are not up in the air like the j The JD. Vans thing isn't even up in the air. It's not in the book. But you know, the argument that he did or he didn't do the American Pie thing is is dumb and and and in this case we know because Joe Biden said, these are the parameters for who he was selecting. So I can't treat the two is the same thing, I guess. But is it Is it beneficial from a vote standpoint?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think I think it can be alienating to women. And you know, he's he's he's gonna need women because that is the direction going to go in.
Speaker 11: So I think absolutely right. They are going to be people that's mad if it's talked about, and there's going to be people who are mad if it's not talked about if.
Speaker 1: It's talked about in context, and thank you for the call, Josha, it's talked about in context where the person acknowledges, Hey, yeah, let me let me watch the video of Joe Biden saying it. Then then you're fine. But if they just hear DEI stuff, Oh, he's only selected her because she's she was a woman, people who were only half plugged in, I think are going to recoil. Some some people are smart enough to realize that that is probably the case even without hearing the quote, because they've seen it in action in one hundred different news stories that we've done.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 1: And and also I also predict that the big conspiracy theory from the attempt at Trump assassination, which isn't getting a ton of esteem right now but they've started to pick up, is going to be the Donald Trump was never shot. And that was because Christopher Ray deflected right during the testimony. And I'll play it for you. This was just a moment of testimony and it created a whole narrative set of news stories. Newsweek ran in an article yesterday. And I suspect that as you get further in time, this will be the new good people on both sides, because well, let me play the Ray thing and then I'll explain the part that's missing.
Speaker 18: I think with respect to former President Trump, there's there's some question about whether or not it's a bullet or shrapnel that you know that hit his ear. So it's conceivable, as I say here right now, I don't know whether that bullet, in addition to you know, clausing and the grazing, could have also landed somewhere else. But I believe you've accounted for all of the shots and the cartridges all right.
Speaker 1: Well, And this was along the lines of where Secret Service deferred to FBI investigation. Then when Ray came in, he deferred back to Secret Service. According to the Secret Service, they do believe it was the bullet that passed through. And absolutely could a bullet pass through the very soft portion of the of a quarter inch of the year, which is the description that we have from the doctors, and continue on its path. Absolutely bullets passed through straight through human bodies and ended up hitting other people. The absolute absurdity of it. And Ray sitting there and not he could have acknowledged that the FBI didn't independently find because the Secret Service was in charge of it. But he threw out the well could have been shrapnel, and I don't think that was unintentional. So news we got the ball rolling. There's such a ridiculous version of what they used to be that. That's a talking point that I think is going to get carried forward and become part of the lore. And because the further you get away from it, the further you are from being able to prove or disprove it. Just my prediction. Let's grab speaking of predictions, raced agent from the weather Channel, and uh, you know what we need. We need a calm, peaceful, good weather weekend. So well, and that's the theory, right, And what's so funny?
Speaker 16: Yeah, Well to say I'm hesitant for the weekend forecast, to say it's going to be completely dry, I guess for me it's an understatement. I mean it is, it's close because high pressure to the north right now looks like it's going to win this battle. And finally we get out of the rain chances each afternoon, except as you go west, I still think we're going to have it today central parts of the state off to the east. So again, if you are heading to the beaches, they'll be rain around, but don't worry. There will be dry hours too. And then as we head on through tonight and tomorrow at high is going to try to push in and get some dryer air in here. And I think except into the mountains, we may be rain free tomorrow, possibly even on Sunday, so that'll be welcome news. Today, we'll still get probably in the middle eighties, and then as we look ahead toward the weekend, I'm getting into the mid maybe upper eighties. It'll stay in the low to mid eighties, and the try it in points west and early next week may start dry Monday, but I think we'll get back into the wet weather as we can into Tuesday Wednesday of next week. So today the best rain chants, meaning the best coverage this afternoon. I'm just going to say from about the triangle east, you go toward the west, a little less coverage on the rainfall, but not all afternoon, mid afternoon through this evening and your Friday evening plans. And then this weekend we're going dry. Fingers crossed right now, pretty confident that there won't be much rain at all. Hopefully that'll work out and that could last right on into Monday.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, yeah, I know if you can crap on the work week, nobody cares, man, So yeah, I agreat window a little window, so we'll see what happens. We'll talk in the next hour. Appreciate it all right, speaking of the you know, the DEI stuff for any of that, is it helpful what Trump said on Fox yesterday, well over the flag thing or could he have couched it into a specific scenario. I'll play the audio, we'll ask the question Pete Callander, he'll join us coming up at eight oh five. Lots to get to hang on. You know, here in North Carolina we got our own little angle with the unc frat bros. But if you watched in d C what happened in front of Union Station, it is absolutely rage inducing. So Trump's on Fox, They're asking him about flags, and I don't know if this is the right answer. I feel like there's a better middle ground here. But here's what he said.
Speaker 19: He took the American flag down. They were riding Hamas on the bell outside of Union Station. What does a Donald Trump do if he takes office to these people on the street.
Speaker 9: Rarely have we seen anything like this. And I think you should get a one year jail sentence if you do anything to desecrate the American flag. Now people will say, oh, it's unconstitutional. Those are stupid people. Those are stupid people that say that we have to work in Congress to get a one year jail sence when they're allowed to stomp on the flag and put lighter fluid on the flag and set it a fire. And when you're allowed to do that, you get a one year jail sence and you'll never see it again. And all over the world Putin and President She of China, all over the world, they're watching this.
Speaker 3: Kim Jong mun.
Speaker 9: He looks at us like we're a bunch of babies. They see that that wouldn't happen in their countries. Would it's impossible for that to happen in their country where we have we look so bad to the world. That was a disgraceful display yesterday.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: And and when you listen to him, I think the important clarifying point there is because they're painting it as Trump thinks that if you go buy a flag and you want to burn it in your yard, that you should get a one year jail sentence. And I'm I don't know that, I'm one hundred percent that's what he's saying.
Speaker 2: But he needs to clarify.
Speaker 1: It's not if it's not if it's not your flag, it's the one in front of Union Station or it's your neighbor's house or something like that. Then I'm all for it, right, because now you've committed vandalism, you've committed arson.
Speaker 2: We do have laws that are not enforced as much as they should be. But I hope that he doesn't believe that you shouldn't be able to burn a flag that you own in your own yard. Ross.
Speaker 1: How did you take it when you heard it? Because every time I listen to it.
Speaker 3: I'm like, yeah, no, I was thinking the same thing. Like, if you go purchase your own flag, I mean, you can burn it. It's despicable and awful. You shouldn't, but you can do it if you want to. Right, if you buy it, go down to Walmart, would ever buy a flag? But if you go to like you know, Union Station, if you take down that flag and burn it, first off, that's arson, right, So that's the charge of arson. And if you put up another nation's flag, I don't think it's treason, But what would be like declaring an act of war whatever.
Speaker 1: Well, it'd be continued vandalism because you're misusing the flag pole there. I don't know what it looks like, but like they were very quick to go ahead and get significant charges ready for people who peeled out on rainbow crosswalks exactly. And the argument was that that is public property.
Speaker 3: I mean, there are charges there that you can charge them with. The issue is that we're not doing that, and we when we do take them in, we instantly release them.
Speaker 1: So and I hope that's what Trump's indicating there. I'll be interested to see if somebody attempts to clarify that with him.
Speaker 2: But you know, he said it before.
Speaker 1: He may think that he may be of the opinion that even you can't burn one you own, and I I feel like that's not helping him.
Speaker 2: All right, Jamal, I got two minutes, go right.
Speaker 15: Ahead, Okaykse, I hope you're feeling better. Case what, it's obvious what President Trump was saying yesterday, because when they was burning in Palm Luton and trying to destroy statues, he said the same thing. It's just a continuation. So they're purposely doing this to try to say President Trump is trying to be a fascist. Now to get to the point, also, KC, we have to come a time where people got to ask, what are these precious independence that we keep hearing that when Republicans push back, Oh, we're about to lose them. I'm one of those people who say Willie brownside hick. I'm one of those people who when I FoST on Twitter, I will say two heels the arrow up and money for heels up Harris. Okay, I'm one of those people. Now, if the Independent the only way Independence will vote for a Republicans, if we stand there and get abating, is that. If that's the only way Independence will both of us, then we as Republicans got to say, wow, is it really worth it? Because the Democrats can lie. The Democrats can literally go back in their same articles they say they don't get hold of counter before you got one of the biggest cools. It just happened. They took down a sitting president got took down because they want to keep power. That doesn't push the precious independence away. But if we call her Willie Brown's side shit or we if we call her that or we say something offensive, then oh, everybody's going to lead us.
Speaker 1: I feel like we're not going to pass up the opportunity that we have on Fridays as we welcome in our radio buddy from the South, Pete Calender Pete, how are you doing this morning?
Speaker 2: My voice sounds like crap, deal with it?
Speaker 11: Okay, all right?
Speaker 2: So which which it's? You know what it is?
Speaker 1: And I try to honest, No, no, no, it's not a medical thing. I try to be honest. I just feel so mentally burned out, and because it's been NonStop for what like three weeks now, and it's just every day it's just one thing that's more and more insane. And we'll talk about some of that insanity because I'm curious to pick your brain because it's obviously been a crazy week. But you've no doubt seen the two videos, one where it's the before and after of the borders are stuff right where it's literally the same show, the same person, or the side by side of the Democrat talking point card and the media literally reciting it verbatim, which makes you want to punch your monitor more if you had to choose.
Speaker 12: Well, my monitor didn't do anything to me, So I feel like I've never had the desire to just whip up on an innocent bystander like that. So either that or I just have remarkable self control or restraint. I'm not sure, but I've actually never been really known for that, So.
Speaker 2: That's not it, but so not literally punch your monitor, but you know what.
Speaker 12: I mean, right, punch a person.
Speaker 2: A puppy or a kitten or whatever whatever your thing is, yeah.
Speaker 12: Whatever nearby, right, So yeah, so it is. So I've been acquainting people with the term retcon and you probably know very well what that term means, retroactive continuity. It's where, uh, you're like if you're watching a TV series and you know the origin story of the main character because you've been watching from the very first season. But now you're six seasons deep and all of a sudden, you see something where it's like, well, wait a minute, that doesn't square with the origin story from the first season. There's a conflict there that wasn't the main character's girlfriend's name or whatever. That called ret conning when you change things now to make the story make sense now, but it requires you to change some of the original details.
Speaker 2: And so basically everything Disney's been doing for years.
Speaker 12: Okay, all right, exactly right, Well, and so that's what we are all watching. And when you undertake this kind of an operation in politics or in a debate about philosophy or policy or whatever, it's a form of gaslighting. That's what's going on right now, and that's why people are discombobulated and frustrated. It is a form of psychological abuse. And you've got media outlets that are participating in this because the democracy. Right, they are trying to save the democracy because Joe Biden, apparently for some reason quit We don't know why, but he quit. He's not going to save our democracy for us, even though as I understand it, nobody did a better job at saving the democracy than Joe Biden. So he's going to step aside to allow somebody else to do it. The problem is that person also did all of these awesome things that Joe Biden did, and so is trying to get some separation from him and all of the awesomeness that he was and did and still is. By the way, he's not going anywhere, Don't worry. He's still going to be doing all of the awesome things, but no more after December, right, he's out, not going to try to do more awesomeness for us, And so now they're trying to create this distance between him and Kamala Harris for some reason. Then the borders are issue was one of them. But like the talked to Noah Rothman from National Review yesterday and he makes several very good points about this very media push, which is that the reason she was assigned to do the things she was assigned to do in the Biden administration was precisely because they wanted to recap her. Right, all of the issues that right that were so harmful to Joe Biden's prospects they gave to her and people inside her camp for years they've talked about this, you know, off the record, leaking and anonymous sourcing and stuff, that they were not happy that Joe was pushing off all of these things on to her, which you could even view his endorsement of her as sort of a kiss of death as well. Right, that he fully endorses her, but like the red conning going on right now is very obvious for all to see. The borders Are thing is just one example of it. But look, if she doesn't want to be the borders are, doesn't like the term, whatever, says she had nothing to do with the border, you know, we'll find then that all that does is proved then that Joe Biden put her in charge of something with no real authority to do anything, but got touted as the way to do something. And she's like, Oh, I'm gonna address the root causes. And I could have told her what the root cause of illegal immics is that America is awesome. That's why everybody wants to come here.
Speaker 2: That's a very good point.
Speaker 1: The absurdity of the borders are thing. And then I want to I want to try to figure out why it seems so much more abrasive, and I have some theories right now. But to fall on the sword as the media is doing, they have to accept two things. One they all got it wrong, and two they they base their reporting off of Republican talking points, which would be an absolute first right like a no planet will they even in many cases correctly quote a Republican right. So to say that they all got it wrong because the Republicans told them and they took it at face value is lunacy. But most people don't think that deep. So does it feel so aggressive because of the shortened time frame? Or and this is I guess the positive thought? Is it because when things end up on Twitter like these videos, no longer do they get shadow not banned, but you know, put off to the side. Or in some cases taken down. And does that vode for people who are casual Twitter users who may plug in like the week before they vote, of maybe stumbling across this stuff.
Speaker 12: So the right, So I think part of it is exactly what you just mentioned, is that it is the compressed time frame where normally you would have more of a landing pad, you know, a runway to uh to start changing these kinds of narratives. But because Joe Biden has abandoned us and won't give us more of the awesomeness of his first term into a second term, we have a much shortened landing strip, and that means they've got to do rush jobs on all of this stuff because you know, one of the things. Also keep in mind, they're not allowed to any of the money yet because she's not officially the nominee. So they've raised a lot of money, and so what's happening now is the Republicans are just pouring tens of millions of dollars into campaign adds against her, trying to define her, just like Obama did against Mitt Romney. Because their Republican convention was a couple weeks after the Democrats won, and so they got to unleash all of this money. So the Democrats are kind of frozen in place for a couple of weeks. Now that's going to change, obviously, and they'll catch up. But if you are able to define Kamala Harris negatively right now, and by the way, like you're already well on your way to that definition because of her, you know, just the nature of who she is in the campaign she has run and the things she has said and done. So you got the compressed timeline. The other I think is correct that you've identified on Twitter where you're not being throttled anymore. The content is not being restricted or restrained, and things being elevated to the degree that they were in the last sidels. But as far as most people go that are not on Twitter, I don't know if they'll ever see this stuff, right, And that's why you've got to have You gotta have all these different prongs into different areas. That's why they're all, you know, gushing over the TikTok videos and the different songs and the Hollywood actors and all that stuff. Right There's you got to have all these different kind of entry points into different media platforms. Now that being said, people say Twitter is not real life, and that is true. However, I would point out the President made his endorsement on Twitter right the video, Like, so the idea that it's completely separate, that's not true either. The people who shape the news are on Twitter, and that's what we're seeing is like the mockery and the ridicule of the media. People that are engaging in the kind of thing that we're seeing, that's where they're being mocked and ridiculed. Does that breakthrough? Does that get through to the casual voter? Not sure? But I just saw some polling that even Democrats by like a super majority. I believe Kamala Harris knew about Joe Biden's cognitive decline and didn't do anything, didn't say anything about it. So that's like that whatever she does and says from here on out, that does not go away.
Speaker 1: It can't go sixty If it's the same poll we talked about, I think it was sixty percent, but by proxy, that means sixty percent of people have to believe that Joe Biden shouldn't be president. Right, if you thought that cognitive stuff was covered up, and like, where where do we have do you think Republicans try to get him ousted or are they comfortable with him serving it out and just feasting upon her as candidate.
Speaker 12: I mean, I'm for the good of the country. I think he does need to step aside, but I don't think he's going to and I don't think there's going to be enough pressure on him from inside the Democratic Party in the media. But I repeat myself to do so only because they've already started with the hay geography, Right, They've already started with the fainthood stories that you know, he put the country above his own ambition and all this other stuff. But of course now we find out that the Democrat Party officials were the ones that pushed him to do the debate early. They were the ones that were threatening him with the twenty fifth Amendment removal process. Right, So like this was and look, I'm not a conspiracy theorist. I tend not to deal in like hyperbole when it comes to this stuff. But this has all of the hallmark definitional traits of a coup from inside the Democrat Party leadership, and that needs to be reckoned with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but is that the party that reckons with it if they have no look do you believe the Barack Obama one of the Arizona senator and it's four dhs and Biden by coming out and instantly getting behind Kamala in niecapped the Obamas, which is why they only gave their endorsement last week, because that's that's juicy stuff. But ultimately it is conjecture. So how do you prove to the extent that you can prove it without having to prove the whole tale?
Speaker 12: So the so I don't, well, are you asking me to prove the Mark Kelly or the Obama fingerprints?
Speaker 1: Because like, yeah, yeah, because that's that's how you're going to hook people in, you know, simply saying that they threatened with the twenty fifth Amendment that it becomes prove it, prove it, explain if it prove it to me, And we.
Speaker 12: Already have well, we already have. I mean, we have media reports of you know, unnamed sources of course that said that this was threatened of Joe. Now, if the proof is going to come, it's going to come from Democrats. It's not going to come from Republicans. And so you're going to have to have people that are close to Biden. And when you have inside the Democrat Party of these different factions, one of which is the Obama wing, which you'll recall completely obliterated the Clinton eastas in two thousand and eight. Right, So, but the Clinton camp was then wooed back in by Obama. They gave Clinton the Secretary of State position, right with the idea that she was going to run for president, and so the Democrats then created that landing strip for her, and then of course she lost. So that weekened the Clinton machine. And so what you're seeing also is a fight inside the Democrat establishment between the Obama wing, which is a far more progressive wing, and the Clinton wing, which you'll recall they tacked back to the center with Bill in order to try to win after having been blown out by Reagan and Bush for twenty years prior.
Speaker 1: Okay, so the media reports though that are out there again. That was a week long spat. You would agree the media fought because they were getting thrown under the bus. That seems to appealed. They kissed and made up. So let's just say the New York Times in New York Post, who was running most of this, don't just come out and go, oh those anonymously, Yeah, those sources. Yeah, we got some other ones. They said that never happened. So I agree with you, it's going to have to come from paulaeticians. All right, I got it here, I think, yeah, real quick.
Speaker 12: Real quick, I will say, here's the things here, here's what we do know. Joe Biden's been in mental decline for a while, right, and people around him obviously had to have known it. Therefore, people around him protected him and tried to shield him and his condition from us. And then when he's saying I'm not dropping out, and then a day later, I Am dropping out.
Speaker 11: What changed?
Speaker 12: They won't say. And now here he's endorsing Kamala Harris. That to me has the hallmark that those are all the hallmarks of a coup.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm with you. I firmly believe that you're correct. It's just I'm so I'm so beat down on the ability of them to prove it. And also then we go about two and a half minutes, I'm beat down on the Park Service and the Capitol Police actually doing a DOJ style look at what transpired in our capital this week. It was it was far worse what we saw on UNC's campus. The amount of law enforcement assault easily far out paces January sixth.
Speaker 2: So where do you think this goes?
Speaker 12: Nowhere? Yeah, I think probably nowhere. I think everybody's already out of jail.
Speaker 1: Everybody's already out right as of the next morning seven am last was released.
Speaker 12: Yes, yeah, so they're all yeah, they're all out, and this is I mean, but so it gets very difficult for me to deny the accusations from a lot of people, or to try to dispute the accusations, I should say, from people on the right that claim these types of protesters are the foot soldiers and shock troops of the Democrat Party and they are purposely allowed to run wild in order to sow the chaos that then make people for Democrats so they will stop the chaos. It gets very difficult for me to try to dispute that accusation when I keep being the same pattern over and over.
Speaker 1: Yet, well, if it ain't broke, don't fix it, and yeah, your tinfoil looks nice. First thing Trump's gotta do is fire ray agree, disagree.
Speaker 12: Yeah, definitely, Well yeah, our second or third, I mean, I know there's gonna be a lot of first things. He's got to do, but I would agree.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, because I feel and we got thirty seconds left, I feel that the narrative that Trump wasn't shot is going to be the uh, the dude on the ridge forever attack.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah this yeah, oh yeah, yeah yeah, I called him they cleaned. They were glass shards that hit him or something from the telepumkers that were amazingly not damaged. But I called them sharters like truthers. But they're shards.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so close to a word. I really wish it wasn't. But you know what what oh you know, look at that. We got to go.
Speaker 1: Oh that's that's too bad. So all right, thanks for putting up with my voice in my sour mood. We'll talk next week, sir. All buddy, feel better the weekend and we'll be back.
Speaker 2: Hang on.
Speaker 1: I was just looking at all the strength of schedules for the NFL stuff, because I hadn't really looked at the Vikings total schedule, and I'm sorry, I don't think we have a middle of the road schedule. We got to play AFC West. Our own division is tough, but they got us at sixteen. But then I scroll up and Ross, how how is it possible. You guys get screwed every year. You are fifth or sixth, depending on the list that I look at for hardest schedule, and you have by far the hardest in your division, which should be opposite, right, And because it's.
Speaker 3: Been that way in the last few years, I think this year is actually easier than last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, because you guys are you guys are I'm assuming you're the favor to win your.
Speaker 2: Division right there?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I would think so, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: So feasibly because your division opponents play roughly the same schedule as you. How are you so far above everybody? Patriots are like tenth?
Speaker 3: Well that and then I mean the simple answer I don't want to really get into, but the simple answer is because the NFL is against the Bills. That'd be why, Yeah, Chiefs or they have a middle of the road schedule.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Man, Browns apparently have the hardest. I would argue though, that the Browns always have the hardest because they're not good. But yeah, there's Ravens, Steelers, Packers, Texans, and Bills.
Speaker 3: You know, right, their strength. The schedule has been really tough to pass, like three four seasons. But I saw a stat this morning that was I thought was impressive. The Bills have gone over forty games or forty straight now forty straight games not losing a game by more than six points. Really, how forty games? I'm sorry? How many forty game? Yeah, and that's the NFL record, tied with the Packers.
Speaker 2: Dude, half list and that is impressive. Dude. The Dolphins got a cake they got a cake walk. What else is in your division?
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't happen in the Jets. Jets, that's right, don't have a really you know, good first half of the season the Dolphins because of the strength of their schedule, and then they'll blow it out and lose it by the end of the year. It's what happens every year. Oh good, So what happened last year? Peop were like, oh, they're amazing, They're gonna win the Super Bowl this year. It's like, yeah, but look at their schedule, and every time they would play tough team or a playoff team, they would lose. It's what. They had a losing record against playoff teams.
Speaker 1: And you know, but the thing is too is you look at you look at the strength of the schedule. Because you can scroll back to twenty twenty threes, and it seems to have had no bearing on how the season ended. So take this stuff for what it's worth, all right, I promised you a couple of things going on at the Paris Olympics. One, they're just they're rounding up migrants. They're just driving around in buses and just snatching people off the street. The train service has been imperiled after they have sat boutaged two sections of track. People are in fact pooping in the river. So you know, everyone getting pumped for the the opening ceremonies, which, by the way, Lebron is the dude carrying it for us in the final leg, really has even shot an arrow before into it?
Speaker 3: Really set it on fire? Has he done that before?
Speaker 2: Oh? Is he having to do like a Viking funeral.
Speaker 3: Thing that's gonna be like Barcelona ninety two.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, hopefully it didn't set himself on fire. If he doesn't know what he's doing, I said, hopefully he doesn't set himself on fire and embarrassed states occur. Okay, completely making sure, making sure, but that is not the funniest thing going on. So apparently, dude, you know what this is? Firefest is Firefest. Right, it's they show up. Essentially, they're in They're like an emerging see shelters, right, they got crap beds. Uh No, actually Firefest had better mattresses. I didn't realize something unce I was reading an article about Firefest again, do you know what people were doing so that they didn't have to share the limited shelters.
Speaker 2: I guess dozens of people were running around and urinating on the mattresses and then throwing them outside so nobody could use them. So like it like people are horrible in bad conditions to other people at the drop of a hat. Man, it's it was a it's a there's a crazy article because they literally are threatening to do a firefest too, which I'm all for. I want.
Speaker 1: I want to read tweets about people wanting to make spears to stave off wild dogs, like I'm here for it. But the Olympics is providing us a little glimpse into it. So we've we've talked about the living conditions. Apparently the food situation is already a disaster because remember they wanted to moon back this thing up, and so they operated under the assumption that rather than lean proteins such as grilled chicken and eggs. What the folks, the world class athletes really would want is fake meat. And believe it or not, they don't want that. They want grilled chicken and eggs, and they are they have run out of it within just a couple of days and they're having to like scurry to go ahead and get it.
Speaker 3: You can't put these world class athletes on like a vegan diet or the like fake meat.
Speaker 1: Come on, who, I promise the person who made this decision is not an athlete. I'm not even an athlete, and I know that these dudes the amount of protein that they eat, especially grilled chicken.
Speaker 3: Dude, you want to go to the gym, workout for three or four hours, or train all day, and then you want like a califlower or something. Come on, get out of here.
Speaker 2: This is so bad.
Speaker 3: I looked it up. Going back to your last point real quick. You know that nineteen ninety two, after accidentally setting himself on fire, Jordan scored fifty seven points. It's true.
Speaker 1: And so if you want to be the goat, I mean you got a Oh, dude, if they lose to South Sudan or I don't know who they play anymore, and he did, and he did set himself on fire. They would use that as the excuse because remember he was the hero for our one oh one to one hundred victory over Solisterday and they.
Speaker 3: Pulled it out last second. Yeah, so I meet yesterday. It was like what three would you want the On the top it was Steph Curry, Kevin Durant and Lebron James and on the bottom it was a bird magic and Jordan. I'm like, this is the easiest decision I've ever made in my entire life.
Speaker 1: Going back to the Olympics, independent countries are now scrambling to get their athletes grilled chicken and eggs after they ran out within the first two days, including bringing in packed meals back to the village for lunch, and then are recording the time of London. They are completely out of drilled chicken and eggs and the opening ceremonies haven't started yet, but they are swimming in fake meat. And yes, a decision to include a fifty percent allotment of plant based options has proved problematic as the athletes simply aren't eating it. Dude, how do you screw this up? You know what you get everything you deserve. Uh And the US has decided to send in their own chefs so as not to use the catering. And they will do now independent catering going forward because they're just not going to deal with this.
Speaker 2: That is wild man.
Speaker 1: Who you gotta you gotta, you gotta name whoever this idea. I'm sure it's the mayor that's for all these bright ideas. Whoever, whoever the Mayor of Paris is not. I don't know this Nitwitz name, but every one of these bad ideas we've seen up to this point has had her name on it, even the even the Hey, we're gonna we're gonna swim in the uh uh in in the in the in the river, and then they had to stop it because all the protesters were gonna poop in there.
Speaker 2: What a disaster.
Speaker 1: All right, well, the opening So you know what, now, I feel like I should watch the opening ceremonies. We'll just see how bad the whole thing can get. Raced agic from the Weather Channel. Do you have any interest in the Olympics because it's not going well?
Speaker 2: Yes, I do.
Speaker 16: I did watch women's soccer yesterday.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, they've already got a cheating scandal there, I know.
Speaker 16: Yeah, they got that going in Canadians.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, frying on New Zealand.
Speaker 16: Yeah right, right, yeah, And I do it. It's not so much the opening ceremonies. It's it's a little drawn out for me. I don't have the attention span. It's not because I don't think it's but you know, I'm looking forward to the break dancing and uh oh, you know, things like some of the new things out there. I want to see how that goes.
Speaker 2: At least this thing turned into firefest. I'm here for it.
Speaker 1: Well, they ran out of drilled chicken and a's because they thought the athletes wanted a vegan diet, which is not what athletes want. So no, Norman, somebody's gonna light themselves on fire tonight.
Speaker 2: It's happening.
Speaker 11: As a matter of fact.
Speaker 16: It just had some leftover pasta that'll But anyway, nothing, nothing at all, You kidding me. I can eat anything at any time of the day.
Speaker 11: Just ask me.
Speaker 16: If you're doing stuff outdoors. Maybe it is some outdoor activities. The wet weather, we're gonna try and get it out of the forecast for the weekend. Still some more showers today, thunderstorms, best chance afternoon, but seeing a few showers around town right now, mainly down toward the south. And actually I missed it earlier. I didn't mention it. There is a flood to watch. I'm down to the south some of for southern counties. That's for heavier rainfall where it may be low mid eighties today, that over the weekend we should get some sunshine, temperatures in the low mid eighties, could get into the upper eighties and the triangle on Sunday, and then the wet weather starts coming back next week. But right now looking pretty good for the weekend, let's hope, as the showers should push down toward the south of US with high pressure to the north.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well, we'll see how you did and check back Monday. Have a good one, and we will check in with the folks from Bloomberg. It's now it's who's.
Speaker 2: Filling in today.
Speaker 1: Jeff is not back and I don't think we're going to be able to extract information out of Miss Pellegrini.
Speaker 2: So we'll see who's there and get the very latest. Here we go, Dan.
Speaker 1: Dan Schwartzman from Bloomberg will join us next hang on, Hey, Dan Schwartzman in for Jeff Bellinger.
Speaker 2: Dan, what's happening today?
Speaker 10: Good morning, Casey Eli. Lily's days as a poster child the weight loss Drugs could be coming to an end, the company's market value dropping by one hundred and twenty billion dollars just over the past eight days. Two rivals, Viking Therapeutics and Roche Holdings, both having shown promising results with late stage trials of their obesity drugs. Now, how about this, Casey, the weight loss drug mark it expected to hit one hundred and thirty billion dollars by two thousand and thirty a week at Disappointing results from the auto industry continues, Mercedes ben supporting a drop in profitability, the car maker announcing that group earning slumped nineteen percent to four point four billion dollars in the second quarter. Passenger car sales globally fell by three point seven percent to less than four hundred and ninety seven thousand compared to the same period last year, sales of fully electric models dropping by twenty five percent. This week, Alon Stlantis, Nissan, and Ford announcing results that missed expectations. Now that said Casey, GM unveiling the latest Corvette model, the zr IE. The sports car is the most powerful Vet yet, with a top speed of two hundred and fifteen miles per hour, the car coming in both a coup and convertible model. Overall, GM they had a good week. They reported profits are up sixty percent from a year ago. McDonald's new five dollars meal aimed at bringing customers back well, it seems to be working. According to Stifel Financial Corp. Lower income diners those making under forty thousand dollars increase their visits in May and June. Meanwhile, the total number of purchases grew in three of the four weeks since the launch of the five dollars promotion. Open ai is testing a chat GBT powered search engine that could put the artificial intelligence company in direct competition with Google. Calling it search Shept, open ai says it could provide users with faster answers that include links to relevant sources. I'll get ready. Hollywood's about to be dealing with another work stoppage, video game performers announcing they would go on strike Thursday after talks for a new contract with major game studios broke down over artificial intelligence protections. Finally, Casey, let's look at the futures. The Dow's up behalf of one percent, nasdacs up one percent, the SMP mean while doing well as well, it's up.
Speaker 2: Three quarters of one percent.
Speaker 1: Well, it's got the whole day to go crazy like the rest of the week, so we shall see. But thank you for the kickoff, Dan.
Speaker 2: Appreciate it, my pleasure, Casey. All right, there you go.
Speaker 1: I'm Schwartzman, Bloomberg News. So now so I'm sorry the video game performers is this how much do they like? How much do they make? But they can't they like bring in some big names for some of these video games. Don't they that like that? Are you know, legitimate like big Hollywood actors? But I got to think the majority of them are just doing voiceover? Am I wrong on this ross when they're developing video games? Or do they have like actors come in and like the capture motion?
Speaker 3: Yeah a lot of times now, like the people that do the voice will actually do it depends on the game and the.
Speaker 1: Character, the little green suit thing the motion yeah right, yeah, okay, all right.
Speaker 3: Like when you look at the guy that did the voice for Arthur Morgan in Red Dead Redemption Too. He looks like Arthur Morgan in the game like you're the when your character starts, and he had to like do all the motion caption and stuff like that. So it really depends on who the actor is and who the voice telling is.
Speaker 1: Didn't some okay, so some chick it really mad because she did the voice or she was the actor for like a zombie dude and she was upset that she looked like a zombie.
Speaker 3: Because what they've started doing now is sometimes they're like, oh, well, this person or this female is too attractive, and we don't want to cater to a certain member of the We don't want to make her just we don't want to sexualize her, so we needed so we're gonna do is We're gonna make it a little fugly and just change her face a bit. They did that. I think it was for the new what game is it coming out?
Speaker 1: I mean they went super seeing the character, but it can of zombies or like dead you know, it's got monsters in the game, Like what do you think you're gonna look like?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: The thing that fables the game of thing, but that's the one like where you look at her like the woman who did the voice and did the looks like she's like a beautiful woman and they just turned her into like a messed her up a bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's would you rather have? Would you rather have that?
Speaker 1: Or the how the devs like appear in games now right, like the really angry feminists. They're just like, oh no, that's totally not it's it's you're you're wearing the same shirt.
Speaker 3: Like Spider Man. Yeah, Mary Jane. They're like, why does Mary Jane look like so like her face looks wrect what happened? And then you like see the dev who created the game, and like, you put yourself in the game, dude, I mean.
Speaker 2: Why wouldn't you.
Speaker 3: Every character would be me.
Speaker 2: It'd be like just just did a different outfit just in the matrix.
Speaker 1: And uh, by the way, real quick, because people are like, you know, Casey, understand your frustration with the Olympics, but does everything have to be negative?
Speaker 2: No? And it won't be Look if we get to.
Speaker 1: Do a touchdown dance on China's face, I'm all here, I'm here for it.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 1: But the lead up and everything has been going sideways thus far, okay, and and screw the Olympic Committee. I don't know if you saw this. So we got awarded the Winter Olympics twenty thirty four. It's going to be in Salt Lake two days ago, two days ago, and now the internet. The Olympic Committee is threatening to withdraw it unless we sign a contract saying that we will not independently investigate through our DOJ or through our own Olympic Committee doping allegations against China, which I don't know if you know, is a big thing. So they want us to sign away our ability to investigate independently China's rampant cheating, which is a problem every year ever, I guess every four years or every two years. That's the amount of flex these people have. And they can't even feed athletes right now. So yeah, on some of this stuff, I'm going to be negative because there is corrupt as FIFA probably more so, and we'll highlight it, but also when we kick in other countries.
Speaker 2: But we'll do the ro Bra