Speaker 1: Hello there. You know. Oh, I did terrible in the music queue down. That's my bad. You know, we're rocking without the captain here. I feel like and I feel like I've been on many side quests. I know I have been with Dylan. I think I don't know like the I know. I think I feel like you said like hello and welcome all. Sometimes I can't remember, you know, That's what happens. The brain goes the most sometimes. But I am the number one Kylern fanboy today and today I'm joined by uh mister or sixty six to feel how you doing today?
Speaker 2: I'm pretty good, do pretty good?
Speaker 1: That's very good. Rocky Rocky after hapending.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we kind of hijacked the side quest this week, so so it's pretty good. Is zill on vacation? Is he fired? Or what happened?
Speaker 1: You guys will find two weeks but no, he is on vacation. Is joined the nice two weeks off? So yeah, that's why we're holding down the fort this week and then me and Kirkler holding down the fort next week. So yeah, look out for that. That's gonna be a good time. A couple of weeks ago, you and Kirkland hosted a side Quest, so it's been a month like filled of no Dylan, so Sidequest will be ready for him when he gets back, because he's got Lego Batman coming out, ain't got James Bond coming out, Tay, I'm getting very I know you're not picking up Bond, but I'm getting very excited for both these games. They announced that Lego Batman the City supposedly is bigger than Arkham Knights Gotham, which to me is massive, and then Bond. I'm trying to stay away. I still even haven't heard the opening theme song for Bond yet because I want to hear it the first time when I boot the game. But he's previews and everything, and I've heard just even some of the score tailor. It's sounding really good. I think. I don't know if you ever get to play. I'm sure you'll play at some point, but the score so far of this game has been sound of phenomenal. So lot's of good stuff upcoming. We don't mean, but we don't have much to talk about as far as what we've been watching. So I'm gonna disappoint you there. We're gonna disappoint you there. Listeners and Dylan. I don't know Kirkland. I know he's playing something juicy, but I don't know. He might share it next week. Maybe we'll see what we come up with. If not, I might wait for Dylan. If not, Dylan's gonna enjoy listening to that because, uh, I know what he's been playing, and there's some there's some good stuff there. I'm very excited for him to share those thoughts. But yeah, the mostly plays like little GM mode here and there, but I'm kind of waiting for Leo Batman and Bond. I want to try and play something in between. But just been busy and obviously daybor tumbless today. It's been a getting really hot out so we've been doing lots of hikes and outdoors and we had the little pool set up, so lots of outside time. So the game's kind of fall away. But yeah, is there anything you've dabb feed in at all or just been a game free a little bit waiting for Lego Batman, because you're you're still on board for Lego Batman, right, You're still picking that up, so.
Speaker 2: On board for it. But as of late, the only thing I've really was just been diving into heavy just been the Pokemon Champions A. Yeah, the season's coming to an end, so I've been trying to just get my my ranking a little bit higher in the tournament of that. Uh that aside. This morning, it was just a low key morning. So I boot it up and Seteene was with me, and so I in the mornings like, if I'm not feeling like I want to do the Pokemon, I'll just kind of do like a cycle of different games. So I played some Hogwarts Legacies war Like Hogwarts Legacy that much.
Speaker 1: Why not scary?
Speaker 2: I think the goblins kind of freagure out. So we put on what was the other thing? I put on a No because it was so on the Xbox. No, I was gonna do Lego, but I didn't up doing like a Star Wars Battlefront. She enjoyed seeing the heroes villains match. And then I put on Star Wars Racers because they had the the old sixty four one that's like graphically like spooched up and everything like that on Xbox on games Pass, so I put that on. I was doing the a bunch of races on the That was a lot of fun. She enjoyed watching that. Yeah, just kind of getting excited for Galactic Racers, least.
Speaker 1: Say that's gonna be a fun It's gonna be great to see that in all its glory. As far as yeah, see, we were not committing to anything because we do have extra life coming up before. But because Taylor and I in the future, we've been playing. Taylor and I are both in Halloween. I'll beg in Glack Racers, but I really won't play it. So if we can set up Halloween's easier because Halloween we can do late night whatnot Glack streamers. I'd obviously have to go over to Taylor's house or something, but I would very much like to try to stream those two games because I think we have some good times with those. So I'm excited for all those updates for Galactic Racer. And that's why if you haven't noticed, obviously you clicked on this episode, you know what we're talking about. But when this releases, we're releasing it a little earlier because there's a lot of contents we want psychuest to get. It's h it's time and also it is when you're listening to this in the recording, it is May the fourth, So happy made a fourth to you all Star Wars he all day. Let's see what else we got going on. Me and Taylor reviewing mall the next day, so if you're into that, you can check that. And if there's some other Star Wars stuff, we might be covering that episode as well. But in honor of that, there's not any Star Wars game news per se when we're recording this. Maybe there could be something that pops up, and again we can cover that at a later time. But we're gonna be talking about two things today. We're going to go over go a little get some blurbs and maybe do a ranking if they were hauled them out what we'd be most excited for. We're gonna talk about all the act of Star Wars games that have been announced, and then we're gonna give you a nice little just top five of our our favor our favorite games of all time. We didn't do like a combined list because me and Taylor, just like if you've tuned in any Canteen of Conversations in the past, which is our Star Wars spin our show, you can check out things in the backlog. Maybe it might be coming back in the future. If you guys do some good stuff on GVD now, so to be put out there, we have very different tastes in Star Wars and we joined Star Wars and much like with games, So today I'm gonna I'm gonna lean to you. What would you like to start with? First? Do you want to go with our top five favorite Star Wars games? Or do you want to talk about the upcoming games that have been announced that may or may not come out. We never know, but I.
Speaker 2: Feel like we should save the top five for for the end. I feel like that'll be a juicy little tidbit there. I feel like we will be pretty quick rolling through the games.
Speaker 1: I'll be I'll be and I'll be excited to see if we do have any crossover we might.
Speaker 2: Have there might be one. I think at least one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I don't know, maybe two. There could be another one, but there's one that I don't know. Because and that's the thing too, when we get to it Star Wars, those they put out so many games when we were kids, like.
Speaker 2: Because arts was just going fucking ham.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like when I was looking at some of the games on these let's cause I was doing refresher make sure I didn't miss any There's tons that I didn't play. Like there's even like I forgot there's like an obi one game. I've never played that if you came in like the PlayStation era.
Speaker 2: That was like, yeah, Star Wars episode one, obi Wan or whatever it was, right, So, because there's.
Speaker 1: A Phantom Metace game, but then there's an obi Wan game.
Speaker 2: Is that it's like a green cover with obi Wan on the front?
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you play? Is that like before Phantom Menace or is that pretty sure?
Speaker 2: It's it's I never played it, but I thought it was like during the event a little bit.
Speaker 1: Well, but that'd be weird because the Phantom Menace game is during the events of Fantasy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But when that movie came out, like they fucking made a ton of games, like the pod racing game, right, like, and they just said so much.
Speaker 1: Well, especially because Star Wars was such a merch juggernaut, right, so obviously in the prequel, like they still did well there, and I feel like they're just making games but not so maybe when we get into that, we'll try and look and see what the difference is. But there were so many games. That's why I had to look up. There's tons of games that I've never even played. That's why I even think there's one on my list that I feel like I've never heard you mentioned. So you might not even go when you grew up, because again, our parents probably weren't rolling it, so it's like, Okay, here's your game and whatnot. But yeah, there's a couple of shouts I have. So all right, let's go for the upcoming Star Wars games. We're gonna hope these all come out. I'm gonna start with one that we know what's coming out. It's dated for Uh, well, I guess we talk I guess we would talk about is there anything actually on Galactic Racer you want to say that we haven't said here because we were just talking about that I screwed up. That was a perfect transition into it. That's go about October sixth, they released all the packages for it, all the type of statues things like that. So one as you just said you were buying it out of ten, what's your anticipation for this game? And what copy here? Again? Because yeah, they put out a lot of things. And I heard you might even uh with Goo the Digital maybe I think you had a.
Speaker 2: Bad time, a bad time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I three to you and then you were You're.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it was just my my attention was caught for a brief second. I yes, I I'm excited for this game. I really really am. I'm very particular about my racing games. I know, you got your Forces and you got your uh what's the other one?
Speaker 1: Not for Speed back in the day, but they're kind of dead now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nothing even comes remotely close to the original and you for Speed most wanted.
Speaker 1: Guy, that one that was a prime one, but the.
Speaker 2: Other one you got four Za and then what is the other one? The other main racing game that's out right now on PlayStation has it? Crismo? That's the other one a movie for Yeah, so there's like the two head honchos and like I'm I know there's a market for it, people like it. But the games like that, the Crew, all those kind of other racing games. It is never is really my cup of tea, but once in a while there's a racing game that kind of pulls me in, and usually Rocket League kind of satisfies my Mi car driving craves cravings. But this this game looks really, really awesome, and it would have been a bit more problematic if it was just race like speeders and not pod racing. But seeing the pod racers in there and whatnot, I'm like, okay, that's that's actually what I really want was the pod racing. And again I'm a sucker for that Easter Egg mumbo jumbo. You see Subulba going around there and you see Oh, what was the other guy's name?
Speaker 1: I know what you talked about?
Speaker 2: Yeah you know, yeah, he was the Boonta Eve guy. Oh my god, I got a fund because I just I saw him earlier in playing that Ben Quadronaro. Yeah, what a legend. I can't believe they threw this guy in there. That was amazing. So I'm totally down for this is gonna be great.
Speaker 1: And I love the.
Speaker 2: Idea that it's like post episode six, that's just go to.
Speaker 1: Some of the new locations are spruced up a little bit, and that makes me happy that pop racing is still going on. You know.
Speaker 2: So I just wanted to be fully customizable.
Speaker 1: Yeah is that happening?
Speaker 2: I haven't I haven't actually looked, but I'm assuming like if you're doing a racing game, just like any other racing game, you can edit your your ride and you have to be able to do that in here.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I really hope that's one that also pops in the Gauntlet in Extra Life, and that maybe it's not even us playing it just to see two people play, because we did have it popped. But once, that's all Dylan. One was second championship against Jessica, but it was not a fair It didn't go well for Jessica. Let's just say it wasn't the most exciting pod racing and obviously back then those controls not the greatest, right, But yeah, what type of version are you have? You decided? What you again? Because you talked about maybe getting physical. Where are you on that right now? Well?
Speaker 2: I can't even get on the EB Games's website.
Speaker 1: It just says that trying to buy Uh what is it?
Speaker 2: God, I've screwed up the joke by eBay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I screwed up the joke. Damn it, Like, what.
Speaker 2: Is this bullshit?
Speaker 1: My god?
Speaker 2: Games do c A just like nothing?
Speaker 1: Well? No, isn't isn't it just game stop?
Speaker 2: Now? No game stop changed, right? Game stop became because the eb games became game Stop, and then game Stop was bought and turned back into e B Games. It was a whole new rebranding that they did. I've been I know because I've been following them. See, look is this block because it's games. Oh what the he I put in? I put in game Stop and it's like, oh, you're Canada is like proudly Canadian, built by fans EB Games. It's this whole new thing that they've been pushing to rebrand.
Speaker 1: Themselves that you can't go to the EB game site. So is there anything on Bad Spy for this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh it's a good idea. Let me take a gander.
Speaker 1: Actually yeah, but no, I'm excited. I don't I have to see pricing of this. This could be a game that if I play it at Taylor's and the stream that I really like it. I could see myself when we're gonna whole screen scare of Taylor looking for the game. But I could see myself buying it because I think I could have tons of fun with the kids. They love Mano Kart. But I want to get buying hands on this. But I think this is really exciting to get the kind of modern day graphics look and feel on this type of game. So I yeah, I'm very curious, and I mean I'm be curious what the price point is as well too, because that could be a big point of me buying it or not buying it. But I think this was very smart. I think they did realize that, and even myself, I've gone back and said with Star Wars, they probably did go too hard against the prequels when they first started. They should just when they accept all policy, because there is tons of people that love those prequels and cherish them, and you know, honestly, we'll spend money on it, right, So Taylor's one of those guys. So but yeah, I think this is a very fun game. It could be a very fun game, and I think it's a good idea. Just gotta see pricing it. Obviously, hopefully reviews well, you know, hopefully it's not comes out and it's a big sixty, you know, Orange stinker, you know, so we'll see. So remember that when we rank them. The other one which I was going to before I realized I did a terrible transition, Toyo star Wars Zero Company, a single player, turn based tactic game set during the Clone Wars developed by bit Reactor. Obviously, the reason it's twenty twenty six so it's not dated yet I don't know when this is gonna come out, because I feel like this could get pushed because I feel I know they're completely different, but do they really want to have two Star Wars games coming on the same year, But which we'll talk about in a second, there might be a different game coming out next year, so I don't know, but I'm very excited. I absolutely loved what I had my time with Midnight Suns. Austin, me and Dilm are massive fans of that. We did multiple casts about that if this could tackle anything similar in the vein of Okay, yeah, I said set during the Clone Wars. If this tackler tackle anything in the vein, even if it's like feventy percent of what Marvel Knights got me or Marvel Midnights, I'm sorry. I'm so in because I just think that it's not exactly aesthetic, but that idea of the tactics, the characters. I think they also said too, there's some characters that I don't know if it's through a playthrough or whatnot. I think it's how fine it while you're talking, I think they talked about having some sort of permit death or something, which to me is kind of nuts because I feel like that just gives it so much more. Let's see. Okay, Yeah, Zero Company features a core perman deth mechanic where squad members broke both handcrafted and procedure generated, can die permanently if down in tactical X com style combat, which I've never played. While the main protagonist Hawks cannot die permanently, other companions are vulnerable, making decisions and team management critical to the narrative experience. So I think that adds something because like Tarry when I'm playing Marvel Knights, or I don't know why to keep saying that Midnight Suns, I got Spidey, even have liking Spidy and jacking up if he dies. I know, Hey, I just got making a next game, spidicing me back right. Can you imagine it feels like back in the nay too, like going Reddad. That was the big thing I think everyone agreed on it is you'd get your horse. You're with it there all these ventures journeys. You're buying stuff for it, and if it gets shot or falls off a cliff, that hurt you. So imagine like you're playing Star Wars, You've created this character or gone this character and it's like your guy, your gal super badss cool, You're just like your go to and you lose them and they're just gone. That Like, I know some people might not like it, but at the same time, I think that adds to the journey because you're always gonna remember that tea if you get some cool you know. Let's say the let's see the sidewalker master's side, No, that's he's Skywalker. I I there's a Beatles picture on my box here and as a sidewalk. Let's say it's a Boonta Grass, right, best bounty hinder in the galaxy, right, Boonta Grass, he's on your team. I think what will make this game more memorable is when he dies and you can never get him back. You'll never forget that, right, if it's someone you really like, where if they just like I said, Spider Man and mar a minute suns, he'd had hundreds of time with me and other characters, right, But if I were to lose Spider Man so we can't play the Speriamen ever again. Or I think it's even fun if you like just get someone on your team and they were to die right away and they're just kind of like this loser character and in your mind, Lord, it's like, oh I did a cut. You know, I had jar j R. Binks the second but he died like first mission. That guy sucked. So I think I don't actually know if anyone's getting this game with me. To be honest, I know, Dylan, I think it's thought about. I think with Star Wars it's always if he would Dylan like, I think he has to be really sold, you know, he really like Outlaws. But I'm hoping whether it's you, Dalan, or Crookland, somebody gets me gets that game because I think it'd be fun to talk about our journeys paralleling each other. So obviously too, I'm very excited for this game. I won't say it's a Day one lock for me. I have to see the reception, but I feel like with the team behind it, their history of making these games, I feel like it's pretty safe to be well made. So I feel like I've kind of not seen you go in Waves. I feel like they've seen you times talk about this a lot, and then go Nolan's where are you in zero Company? In your likelihood of acquiring.
Speaker 2: This, I'm not like running to get this day. One I need to see. I need to see some gameplay first. That's the big hangoup. I want to see what I'm dealing with, because I don't think it's got multiplayer or anything like that. I think it's just a single player experience.
Speaker 1: I think so, yeah, I think because it's the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there's some tactics games that I really do like. I mean, Gears Tactics is great.
Speaker 1: And also if you really don't like that, I didn't know. They also made the option to turn off perma depth. So there you go, which is perfect beauf you don't like that, which I will because I just think that's fun. But that's cool if it's like, hey, if you you want to keep boonta jar jar or whatever boom, you can keep them there.
Speaker 2: So mm hmm okay, yeah, I mean it's gonna be uh, it's gonna be something that just requires me to look at a trailer of gameplay. That's all I want to see.
Speaker 1: Really, Okay, So you could be sold this was all about like the roll out, right, because it could take one good cinematic and a good gameplay thing and you could be locked in because you you've dabbled in Tactics before games.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, Gears Tactics Tactics arena that goes back in age.
Speaker 1: And yeah, this is set. You're in the Clone Wars. So I just feel like if it show as well, this isn't there galactic racer set. You're in the Clone Wars. These first two games we're talking about, they're pushing to you like they're looking at Taylor Field being like, hey, you want to get this game?
Speaker 2: You know, yes? And I mean anything in the Clone Wars just pulls me in. I would have loved something a little bit different than me a tactics game, but again, more stuff and more context than the Clone Wars I'm down for. And I think this has taking place in the tail end of the Clone Wars, the twilight so of it. So yeah, I just got to wait and see.
Speaker 1: Okay, and then I'll go the next I think it's the most likely. There's been rumors we might get it, some reveal on May fourth. There's been some rumors about it coming out next year or year's end. This year. I don't think it's gonna be this year. But Star Wars Jedi three. Also, we don't have a we don't have a title.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's what this isn't telling me. So obviously that's following the journey of Calcestis, And yeah, Taylor, where are you on this one? This is I think it's I don't know if it's officially confirmed. I think they pretty much said this will be the end of the trilogy, which kind of makes sense of the Star Wars round. But obviously we've had Jedi survived and phoned. I don't know, it's like the Homecoming titles. Man, I hate I hate these titles that jet. I wish it was just Star Wars Jedi one, two, and three like that is pretty much easier. But yeah, where uh, I think we're getting this probably within the next uh, I'll say sixteen to eighteen months. I think we're gonna get a reveal soon, whether it's on May the fourth or even Summer Games best because that's got tear right around the corner in June, which we get lots of big stuff. So where are you for, uh, Jedi t because or Jedi three? Sorry because also we reviewed the first one in the second one, so I imagine you're, uh, you're seeing Cow's journey.
Speaker 2: Through Yeah, at this point, I have to. I I gotta know what's going on because his if I remember correctly, has Dathan Marian girl got chopped or did she just bounce? Maybe she just bounced she because they they they had some romance. They they got down and dirty, and then something happened.
Speaker 1: I definitely before I don't think they got down in dirty. I think there was ful.
Speaker 2: Oh they did. I know they slept together for sure. Oh god, yeah they did in the game where it was excessively implied in the in the second one that they did.
Speaker 1: But in the past or during during really I don't remember that.
Speaker 2: I mean, was her name Marin? Yes, and Star Wars say, well, this is the this is the AI thing. The game does not explicitly show them having sex, leaving the physical nature relationships to interpretation. But I mean you can tell they were laying it on.
Speaker 1: No showing directly confirmed. Ok, but then I can't remember what happened to her. Did she just leave or maybe they were just together. Maybe we're just forgetting that was she she was in the first game though, too right she was. Yeah, I think that's what we're thinking. I think you meet up with her and then she leaves. I think the second game, you're reunited with her and there as a camp together. Clearly, me and Tate will have to watch some YouTube videos that catch us up because I won't be replaying these games. We'll have to do some recaps so we know what's going on into it. But where's your exciting love for this?
Speaker 2: This is this thread talking about if Cal had sex with Maren. I'm just talking about like, oh, you know, for like Jedi, it's just forbidden, YadA, YadA, YadA. This guy says only a Sith deals in absent lubes. Oh boy, sorry.
Speaker 1: That headphone me where he's taking them off. I've never taking vacation again. Always your excitement for.
Speaker 2: Jedi three, it's it's up there, It really really is. That's in my adult older gaming era. It's been a franchise that has really just pissed me off with the boss battles that that first game. I remember facing the guy with the dual red sabers on Datham here. Oh I was. I remember being so vulgar and so mad at my TV just I couldn't fucking do it. And I know it's all about finding the pattern, and I like that the game was pushing me, but I would. I'll never go back and do that again. That was just absolute hell. And then I remember again in that first one, you beat the the inquisitor and that took me a long fucking time, man, a long fucking time. But I did it. And then Darth Vader comes out and I just put the controller down. I thought, all right, fucking do me in I I like, let's just let's let's try. Let's try, let's see what happens. But fun, I thought I was toast. Uh. But the second one was a little bit more a groovy. I feel like it was not as difficult as that. The first one.
Speaker 1: They definitely pulled it back, they did. I go back and forth on my big fight with the first one was that guy. He was like the had the long hair and he could send lightsabers at shoem. Yeah, that guy. He was like a retired Jedi or like in a cave or something. So everyone has their one. But the second one, they definitely pulled it back some.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm again, I'm excited for this this third one. I want to know more about the planet that'shidden away from everything. Uh. We got a little bit of the nigh Hill that was in there, too, and and the the guy I can't remember his name, Dagan something or whatever, the Jedi that kind of went rogue. But uh, yeah, there's a there's a story there that I really really want to see finished. So I'm excited to get there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I guess that's the thing where I can't say I'm excited to see it finished because I've liked both games. I think if both also everyone knows. You can go back to our first review the I had terrible experience with the first game graphically wise, Yeah, well that was that where I fought that boss where I was on the Dragon, I couldn't see myself or something like that. I had multiple crashes, multile problems, and yeah, I did a full You can go and listen the whole episode and it's in there somewhere. I talk about for ten minutes about me fighting this boss and on Dragon. You're supposed to like time when the things are coming and I'm just gone, My character's gone. I have to just like I have to go full Matt Murdock mode and just feel it. It was awful, but game wise, it was fun. And I think this story was in two leveling of a bit and I don't know if you remember some of my spoilers, but to remember those last milments with cal I feel like he was like, maybe take it with some dark side stuff. I think that I think that I would prefer cause I know a lot of people want Calum the Disney plus stuff and everything. I actually wouldn't mind if like col gets a really set and and you see someone turn the dark side, like mid you know, during the dark times, because that'd be crazy if someone kind of turned without like a Palpatina or a Vader right just on their own. Maybe he gets brought back. I don't know, so I think all like, it is definitely a game where if I want to be a Jedi, I boot it up and I have a good time. I boot it every once in a while. If I'm on a Star Wars hype, I will it is. It is a very fun game. I think they're all solid, like eight out of ten's that's where I am, and I kind of expect this from this one. Sure I would like the finale to be maybe a nine. And same thing with the stories. I think the stories have their high points and they also have their like okay, this is fine, like nothing incredibly crazy so I'm my excitement will be depending on how hard they go on the dark side stuff. If it's just like an attraction to it, then we've been there before. If if you could go full Calcast's Dark Side, even if he comes back for it, that could be some fun stuff. But we'll wait and see. I'm gonna throw these two in together, Taylor, because I'm not sure how to feel about them. But obviously we've been waiting for a while. The Nights of the Old Republic a remake of the classic rpg A developed by Saber Interact, which was announced years ago, but then they I don't think they now think they just said, oh, like we're gonna have details soon or something in the near future. But it did come out last year that they It sounds like it could have been a game that got canceled, but sounds like instead of that, they just did a big revamp. I think the hopefulness for that is they just know they got potential money sitting there right so instead of throwing away. So it sounds like that's why it's taking longer. Tailors. Maybe this game went we heard about different develop like we're whatever team's working on it, taking away from others. There's a whole bunch of stuff you can look on. There's a bunch of articles about the controversies with this game. But at least it's still being made. We don't know exactly by who, but's still being made. And the hope is that maybe they went, hey, this isn't working, let's pull back, let's refocus and tackle it, because I think this could be a home run for anybody that gets us right. And then also just last year Taylor at the Game Awards, we got the Fate of the Old Republic so kind of similar. I know they're different, but still it is a remake versus the new one. Where's it excitment for both these? And? Uh, what is your do you think we see these?
Speaker 2: Ever? I I'm not I was optimistic at one point, but I'm not feeling like it's a priority to get you know, get the old public out there at this stage. I feel like there's other things that are just a focal point. But when we see the ads or not the ads, the articles that pop up, and the rumblings like oh, you know they're still working on it and this and that, But like when you drop a trailer like that, that's cinematic. It wasn't anything like crazy like massive of a reveal. It was just you know, the lightsaber igniting on and you see, uh the remake. Yeah, yeah, for the remake, And I mean I'm excited because I want to obviously get back in there. And I think when you're redoing this game from the ground up, that's that's massive because you're gonna tap into the old school fan fan base and the new that has no idea who these characters are, the story or anything. So yeah, it's it's tricky. I wish there was some more incentive that was pushing it out the door, like an Old Republic live action project of some kind, you know, help push it a little bit. But I just feel like that era is just kind of out of touch.
Speaker 1: So in that sense though, because you're talking about the remake and being all that's why you feel against it. How come we got a SEQL announced or like a new VERSI just the faith the Old Republic a new version announced last year and then where are your thoughts on that one?
Speaker 2: Well that's where I feel like, Okay, there they're putting that remake in a separate little place, and who knows why there's issues with it. Who knows why they can't get it off the ground whatever, but it seems like, okay, well there's someone out there that was like, you know what, fuck it, let's just get this story, well not that story, but get the era, something in that era exactly out the door and out there for people to enjoy. And with the announcement of that fate, of the fate of the Republic, I feel like, Okay, this is definitely a passion project at this point, and I like that. I feel like, Okay, there's gonna be a lot of care that's been taken with this game, or we're gonna get some really really good stuff here. And I mean, this is going to be a canon game, Like it's not something that we are going in knowing the story and we know all the characters are going to be associated here. But I think it's going to be introducing a lot of things that we're very familiar with, pulled from the Old Republic and it's the Little Public Sorry, And I think that, Okay, this is going to be a great incorporation of that world into the Star Wars canon if you believe in the canon these days, but left that long ago.
Speaker 1: I haven't heard that word and in a long time or whatever everyone says in many years. Let's take our first AD break and then I'm gonna tell you why I agree with Taylor a lot. So we'll be ridpeck and we're back. If you didn't want that AD break, if you want this episode and any others all AD free, if you want it early, head over to the links down below for everything you need to know. That's where you can find our patren where you get, like I said, every single episode we do AD free, you can get are almost our entire backlog up there. We've been doing this for eleven years. Ad Free get a bevy of exclusive episodes. All the phases from two to four have their own certain set of episodes. You go your producer tier, you get every single episode on that exclusive tier. We're doing over fifty episodes. If you are hyped on resid Evil and game stuff. We also did a lot for the game this year. We're doing the movies right now. We're gonna start that up soon. Pirates care being retros starting soon. We're doing the Punisher one we got if you like Star Wars stuff for the Phase three and up, we got the Star Wars, Rise of Skywalker commentary track dropping as well today on Patreon, So lots of good stuff. We very much would appreciate the support there because that's how we create sidequests and TRST told you and Weekly Geek in the bonus reviews, that's how we can do more than one to two episodes, and we appreciate all of you. So, and we think you get a pretty good bang for your buck. We understand your spending your own money, you know, skip a coffee, skip a McDonald's for a month, you're getting one hundred No, no, no, I'll just scrap that. You're in thousands of hours of contents now like you're getting like there's tons of stuffup there. There's exclusive stuff from like seven years ago, so check all that out. And then yeah, we do if not just describe on the video feeds or audio feeds all that stuff. So we would appreciate the support. So, Taya, I agree that if anything takes precedent, if they had to choose, it's the sequel, because I do think kind of what you alluded on is because they're damned if they're due damned with their don't with the favor of the old Republic. They could make that their own image, right of like, well, this is our Old Republic, the same way it's like this is our thron Right. There's similarities to thron Right, but it's not the exact same story as the Air the Empire and all that stuff. Right. Where with Knights Old Republic, either there's two doors. Either you completely make it, well I guess there's two, there is three doors. You completely make it a Knights of Old Republic game that is a full and remake like the old game whole story, and you say, hey, this is canon, even though we for heard rumblings from about Kathleen Canyon following the other people. Oh, I don't know how I feel with that Night's Republic cannon, right, Or you make a Nights Over Republic remake and you make it cannon and change a bunch of stuff, and then people won't be happy, right because like well you're you know bass Let does and act like this or this didn't happen here, or oh, this can't happen because like, like I guarantee you a Night of w Ren pops up in the Old Republic. People are gonna have a BF you know, they're not gonna be happy about it. So to me, the third option, which I would be completely fine with, I think you would be too. I'd love it they came and said, hey, we're gonna remake the game, uh, the exact same way, not you know what I mean, but story wise, the exact same way. Maybe some changes here, but because of the way Star Wars is doing can now, this is gonna be a Legends game. I'd be completely fine with that. If they just said, yeah, this is something that we don't know. We don't want to hurt any Old Republic or any future stuff that could happen, so in order to make this the best remake possible, we just do it legends. Would you be fine with that? I'll see Marvels dabbled in multiverse stuff. I'd be fine they created a Legends like they said, Hey, all those books, com books that happened before we bought them, they're legends. Now they still exist, you can buy them. They're re releasing them all the time, but they're not in our canon. Would you be fine if they said, the Old Republic remake is legend, there's nothing to do with current can That's what their Old Republic's gonna do. But this is we just want to give people the game that they grew up with it with a new code of paint.
Speaker 2: I mean, I never really they say legends. But when you look at all the Star Wars books, and there was a there is a lot of Star Wars books. You got like the Jedi Apprentice series, and you got so many different novels that are post episode six and what like Trusa Bricura, which is right after episode six, and Luke dealing with like being electrocuted by Palpatine the followu of that, and like all these different stories that they dive into. I don't like, I always just kind of consider them to exist, but I didn't ever see them as being direct stories like this is exactly what happened in the canon of the movies. They were just there, Like I never looked at it as Hanack and Chewie actually fighting zombies on a start a story, which Spider you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I'm I'm kind of that way now, even after Disney, where I just kind of go, as much as I don't love everything anything that it's not Luca's kind of legends, you know, it's all kind of fan fic, Like it didn't come from him, right, So it's like it's people just making stuff up. So you that's where I wouldn't really insult you if they said, hey, this isn't like Disney can and this is gonna be something off to the side.
Speaker 2: No. I mean, if if you're telling me that this is this is a game and then it has a direct impact on the main story and they're just kind of connecting it in that way, and then sure, I'll kind of look at a little bit more as I can. But if it's just like, okay, like it's going to be this is a story that exists outside of the movies, then it just kind of automatically has that legends esthetic all emanating off of it, right, which.
Speaker 1: I think is kind of cool. It's like we talked about with like, you know, the what if thing didn't exactly it worked to extent, but I think people have been wanting that for a while. Look at God, what is visions? Just do that even if it's like people love visions, you know, like and I'm a terrible person, I still have your watch season three? No right now, no, no, I have to go, And I loved Visions. I know there's no reason why I did not watch visions because of quality, just so much amount of time. So I will get there because there is season four, so I think we'll get caught and again then but I think people are fine and then fail Oll Republic. I'm just a tad less excited because I need more. It's tough because I could easily see that being the top of my list. It would never be the bottom. But I just I'm like you with zero company, I need a little bit more. What's the stories, what's the characters. It'd be different if they didn't announce the remake. Right, Let's say there's an announcement of Knights over Pulk remake. It's like, oh, we're going to fail over Republic. Then I'd be completely excited. But it's it's tough because now Republic's like the old love, you know, it's like the old flame, and it's like, yeah, sure fail. That's it's the devil you know, versus devil you don't know. Maybe fail Old Republic all round story character gameplay could be better, But I know what I had when Night's Old Republic back in the day, right, So it's tough for me not to pick that. So my scenario tip because I know You said all about being iffy about Knight's O Republic and whatnot, and I agree with you, there's not much stock there. But what I'm hoping is because the game industry, because they've had such a big boom. You look at Resident Evil, what do they do the past years? Remake new game, remake new game. And I hope that someone around at Disney, anybody, someone at Mark just said like, hey, look what they're doing over there, and that because at first that, oh, is that gonna hurt it having a sequel announced? There is a chance that they announced a sequel, and that's just because Old the Republic's gonna die at some point, right, and maybe we're not gonna get lucky, But I'm gonna try and be faithful and tell myself that, oh, it's gonna be a hopefully perfect one two punch where we get Nights or Republic the remake. Everyone falls in love with that, just like they did with Resident Evil four. And then look a couple of years later, Leon Kennedy start in Resident Evil's biggest game in Resident Evil nine, the fastest selling game on top selling games a year. So that's my hope is that Knight's or Republic, get those people back love and then FATA Old Republic, even if it's not even a direct sequel, just in that era, right of continuing on that lineage, So we'll see. And then one the last one we have here, Taylor is Star Wars Eclipse. Well, that's been announced for a while, an ambitious narrative driven action game set in the High Republic era by Quantum Dream that's made by the people that did Heavy Rain and Detroit Become Human. So it's a very character based choice game. Again you think you like permadapf, this is the thing where you're gonna begin of a situation, you make a choice, and that's gonna go to a bunch of different webs and everything. I've never actually finished Heavy Rain. I have to them in the middle playing play flu. I enjoyed the concept and enjoyed a lot of things about Detroit Become Human. I think me and Dylan on the review both for a little not mixed, but like I think it's one of those cases what my excitement didn't match the level of call of the game. But I do think that those two games could show man again. I would love a Star Wars game that where choices matter and this one that's very heavy on cinematics. But at the same time, I feel like this one's almost worse because with Old Republic in general, at least I know there's a built in fan base, right, so I could always see some exect being like get that game out, Like, even if it's problem, we want that money, get that game out. With Eclipse, I think there is I think it's similar to the Tactics game, where it is there's a certain smaller category you have with that, right, not everybody wants that type of game where it's very little game play and you're just picking a B or C. Right they want and because I think the most appealing for the GA is like the Jedi games, right, because he makes some choice here there really, but it's about the RPG and customing your lightsaber and a story. This is nothing butt story and I love that, and I love choosing your own adventure scenarios. So I'm still very hopeful this comes out. But I feel if you on it, because again it's been a while next to you had some problems, but how are you feeling about Eclipse? Here, Before we rank up what we'd want the most, we've gone over all the games that are announced for I didn't throw in any app games, So sorry, Dylan if you're hope for me to talk about Star Wars Tycoon.
Speaker 2: So I think that Eclipse is going to be, whenever it comes out, a fantastic game. I watched that cinematic and I just get goosebumps. I think it's just it's it's so juicy, it's so awesome. I love it, and there's just so much going on that just feels so new to Star Wars. Feels like a little bit of Star Wars Fall in Order actually when they pulled in some of the other kind of forced sensitive beings in there. But just seeing this like other military factions in the Star Wars universe, Like when you watch these movies, think, okay, you got the Trade Federation, which is the Droids, and then you've got the Republic Forces and whatnot, like two large factions, but you don't get to see that. Other planets obviously have their own armies. And that's one of the things I loved about the Clone Wars is you get to see it. You get to the Barn Arc where you get to see the Unbarns and they got their own military, their own tech and whatnot. They're fighting the Clones and they're separatist supporters. It's like, Okay, there's a lot of cool shit out there. So now when you're dealing with something like Eclipse and you've got these crazy other looking fleets and soldiers like a is one moment looks like hell divers ask with like the mechs and stuff like that, and it's like, damn, this is sweet. And they're fighting up against Trade Federation cruisers like this is so cool. And I think Star Wars needs a lot more of that because Star Wars has like it's bold and it's risky, but Star Wars has a very straight standard identity. Everyone knows the startus story and a death Star that's those are signature Star Wars ship. Even some of the prequel stuff is very much becoming familiarized too. When you see that sleek, shiny silver ship, you know, okay, that's in the boot ship or whatever. So there's different things that you're very familiar with, and so he Clips we just kind of breaking that mold and just kind of introducing new things, and I think Star Wars needs to do a little bit more of that. Either way, though, I think it's that's a that's a game that's got me super excited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hopefully we can get excited by a release date in the next year. So nice any more updates. But because you just want to, I'll give you my So we're gonna say, I don't want any of real life thoughts in your head. I just want fully if all these games, let's say come out one hundred percent, right, let's say all come out, I want your ranking of what you're most excited for. So I'm gonna go as much as I I am very excited for the game, it's still on a smaller scale scale. So last won Old Galactic Racer. I'm gonna go Jedi three, I'm gonna go Eclipse, I'm gonna go Zero Company, I'm gonna go Fat Old Republic, and Night's Old Republic. I'm a Old Republic guy. Other than the Ogi trilogy, I love that era. And again I'm hoping, and this is I'm hoping these games could be great again. Maybe a favor Old Republic comes out and it's the biggest disappointment all time. It's MASSI effect and drama and whatnot. But that's where I am. Galactic Racer Jedi three, zero Company or sorry, Eclipse zero Company, and then the Fate and Old Republic up there or sorry the Fate and then of the Night. So where are you for the ranking of these games?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna go Zero Company is the bottom, Jedi three is above that, a Galactic Racer is above that, and then I'm gonna go, well, nice Old Republic. Uh, this is is close Eclipse and then Fate of the Old Republic. I think at number one. Wow.
Speaker 1: So if even if these games are think come out, you were putting Fade above Night.
Speaker 2: Eh, yeah, I mean I already know. I already know Night. I already know what I'm what I'm getting.
Speaker 1: Into there, But you don't know faith though, right, I don't know Fate.
Speaker 2: But it's the juicy concept of this is a this is a canonized, like true, well canonized part of the main kind of thing, introducing both the new Disney Star Wars and the classic stuff that we know.
Speaker 1: And if it blows up, you could get a whole new era there, right, that's right, yeah, okay, respectable, all right, Taylor, in the honor of Star Wars, we're gonna end it off here, give me your talk and if you have any honorable mentions, but give me your top five favorite Star Wars games of all time, whether it doesn't matter if they're best, or you can tell me why they're there, but yeah, give me your top five, or you want me to go first. You're still plugging away.
Speaker 2: No no, no, you just remind me of one more honorable mention. So I'm gonna go. This is really tough, and I feel like my fifth slot. It could it could switch out, because both of them are great. They're both great. Lego Star Wars the game two this is the old school one. I remember, like chapters four to six you had on GameCube or Xbox. That was the beasnies. I remember when I was with my aunt and my mom with the mall, and my mom didn't want to buy me anything at TV games and I really want a video game, and so my aunt was just she showed my mom up. She goes in there, she buys me both Part one and two of Lego Star Wars. I was like, holy shit, this is great because the first one was I wanted to nudge that m because playing those three prequel movies in Lego and getting that roster of characters was a blast doing all everything and there was great and then but Part two, like it was even better because you could if you had progress in the first game, you could actually sink it, and all the characters you have in the first game you could bring into the second game, so you could play as prequel characters in Part two with episodes four to six, which is wonderful. And I had the character customization where you could make your own Jedi and Sith characters or like Lego figurines and just bring them into the That was just the Bee's knees. You leave out of the cantina and you're going around the cantina just like doing things like uh yeah, that was That was absolutely fantastic. So many good memories with that game. But number two I put that as my number five, my number four Star Wars Rogue Squadron three D. Specifically, this was a PC game. I remember my dad was talking about a Star Wars ship flying game, and so I remember when I was back at the source by Circuit City, I think it was. I remember seeing they had racks of PC games on there, and this is one that I to convinced my mom like, oh, let's get it, let's get it. So my dad said, you wanted to know he's da da da da. I was just bullshitting, but we've got it. And the computer couldn't run It was like an early Windows computer that couldn't run it. So eventually my dad got a bit of a better computer, like Windows two thousand or something like that. Then we could play it, and we could. We had a blast with it. It was all these different mission where you're playing with X wings, A wings, there were no B wings. There was Y wing missions and snow speeders and I remember just like you had to trip the walkers and it was just so like pixelated, and I think it's aged very well. I really liked the game, but it's flying wise, it was fantastic. You got like a whole map, You're flying over Karelia, you got best spin everything. You trying to get gold on all the missions. That was my jam, and I'm pretty sure you could fly the Millennium Falcon in it. And then they had something called a Vwing, which was like a new fighter. I've never seen anything else before. But then I remember unlocking a tie fighter which was tucked behind the Millennium Falcon as you moved through the hangar of the ship. It was like this was this was fucking exciting and like exhilarating. And then they had like Beggers Canyon. They had the Death Star Trench run, and then another mission as well that was like post episode six, which is a really cool thing to play. And then they had you could enter these cheat codes, and they had one where you put in called like Chicken and you could do the you could do the mission but in an atst, which was super fucking difficult, but it was just this is so crazy. This is you know, it's just so many good memories with that. My number three Star Wars Republic Commando. This game was fucking awesome. I remember playing it on Xbox with my friends and then my dad got it for PC and I remember playing it and beating it and just loving the being able to control your teammates. Oh it's so good.
Speaker 1: Just to win over zero Company when you come to this game.
Speaker 2: You know, because Republic Commando like the first person like a shooter, like squad based tackle where you're moving in like you're controlling your squad telling them like breach doors or whatever. And I remember going like geonosis was terrifying as the Commandos and then when you got that first Super Battle Droid that steps out and it's like, this fucker is hard to kill you. Yet now I'm switching. I know I'll get I'll eventually, I will do it because the game is, the game holds up. If people haven't played it, you need to play it, especially the four Element too. When you get out to I won't say anything then because there's some good ship. And this is the game that never got.
Speaker 1: A sequel, and it's on Switch right now, Taylor.
Speaker 2: I can't recommend it enough though, but like a game like the biggest cliffhanger in any Star Wars game, and the fact that we did not get a sequel is it kills me. But it's super cool. They threw these guys in the Clone Wars animated show, so you get to see them pop in there too, which is which is pretty sweet.
Speaker 1: But the sale just started. It's sixty five percent on Switch until May tenth.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'll take seven or I'll take again. That's actually really good, but I think for you you should definitely just get an added into your rotation because it's it's so good. This story is fantastic.
Speaker 1: I've seen the cover for years and never dip my toes into it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's a good one. And then above that number two Stars Battlefront one, the original one back on Xbox. This game I went the extra mile with it when I eventually got it on piece and I remember my cousin would come over and my dad would be there and he had like three computers set up, and so we would just have land party and this was just a big go off game.
Speaker 1: I never owned these games, and I don't know what probably could. Again, I was never been clone trooper guy for you. I could see why, and I was always wanted to do the hero battles. But I remember just going to multiple friends over the years and playing that game for hours.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it was great. And I remember like they had like some of the levels had like a Jedi and a Sith that would run around fighting each other like whatever, and you couldn't kill them and they would kill you instantly if they slashed at you. But for the most part, just it was the the experience is playing with your friends and whatnot, but just some of those levels, like you're doing, I think it was bestmin And it was just like the tunnel in the center of the map and it was just like a gridlock. There was like the command post that you're trying to get, or like the renv Ice caves too. That was another iconic thing. And the fact that this game, no, I guess it was the second one that got DLC, but I remember the first one on PC they had it. You could actually go to LucasArts website download a patch and for the game, and that patch included Jabba's Palace, which is super cool, so you could go in there. The rank Orp was in there to pick you up and it would eat you if you got too close to it, and the in the chamber there. It was, Yeah, so much good stuff in this game. Really really enjoyed it, and the multiplayer was just you know, it was so good, so good. And it was a really fun campaign too. I remember you get to I think you could play as the Gungans in there too. I think you could play as the Ewalks, so they had like different like experiences too that you got to indulge with. This campaign was was wonderful. And then my number one obviously, no question Star Wars Empire at War. I'm gonna say Forces of Corruption. Even though it was it was a standalone built off of that first game, but it was it's itss own thing.
Speaker 1: That is the remastered waiting.
Speaker 2: They haven't, but if you want to get it, like upscaled, there are a lot of dedicated what do you call it?
Speaker 1: On Steam? So if I can get that Steam machine, you know, well there you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I've sunk so many hours back when I had the hard copy of it, and then even more on Steam. But there's a lot of people that create. It's not a plug in. What the fuck is it called? They create? Oh, but I know you're talking mods. That's it. That's exactly it. So they mod it. They add brand new ships, brand new stories, brand new everything. They've totally rebuilt the game with different mods. I have a throng one that I like, Thron's Revenge mod for it, which is like a whole throng thing going on. But there's so many different things they added, like Clone Wars ones in there and whatnot. So the game is fantastic. I was getting so hard in there. I remember back in the day I was in the clans, I was doing the multiplayer stuff with this and everything, like it was such a good damn experience in that game. It's just it's fantastic. The ground battles is one thing, but the space battles is where I was just just soaking it out. I was a sponge just thrown in the ocean and I just was I couldn't suck up enough. It was just so fantastic, And it's the one that I will always go back to. I will always play, and I will stand by that till the uh the end of my days that this game was just fan freaking tastic, especially because when you get that force of corruption one and you have the faction that are the Pirates and they can come in. They can just set up piracy on planets, not conquering plants. When you do like a galacta conquest and you got different you can set up your galaxy to have different amounts and quantities of planets, but I always did the big one fifty five planets. You got coarse on the middle all the planets in the other rim, and you got like sectors that are all owned by different factions rebels, your pirates, and your empire, and so the Empire, you get the Superstar store that you can actually control and have it like move around. When you go into a skirmish in a space battle and you see the planet below. You have the desk star that you can like target ships and blow up or just nuke the planet and destroy all their ground forces. You can take over different planets to get certain benefits and whatnot. And then the pirates, I mean, you get ran cores, you get all these different you get you get this guy a unit. He looks like the guy who was crying and returned to the Jedi when the rank word died, Like big, big, chubby guy with that. So you get him as a unit. And what he does is he's got a big sack that he holds around with ewoks and he pulls the e walks out and they have bombs on them, and he sends them to run at the enemy like it's fucking crazy. I'm gonna pull up a quick little love video of it if I can find it. But that's that's my number one.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, No, that's been one because I obviously talk about before I grew up as a battle from Mile Earth kid, right, So I've always wanted to I was so mad I loved because what was the other one on PC? Was it Red versus Blue? Back in the day or Tank versus one.
Speaker 2: Of the Red versus Blue.
Speaker 1: That was the Halo, and then it's it's the Colors that Red. But we talked about it before where it's like they don't make them on console at all or anything anymore.
Speaker 2: But so here's the Ewok candler. Yeah, so he's he's pulling it out, kicks the walk out. There goes that you walk and then it's crazy, Oh no, my kids game.
Speaker 1: That's sad, poor you walk. But uh no, that's another one, and that one I all want to do more than Command as I've been waiting for it, and like I said, maybe if I get the Sea Machine one day it's there, then I definitely want to because I love uh those god not what are they arts games? Like I love that again, I want to. I want to actually crack open Lowder of the Rings this year and give it a good play. We picked it a bad time and think we were all just super tired. That's a slower pace game, sothing. We didn't know what to do when we were just tired. But no, that's definitely on the hit list again. I'm just games we grew up with differently, So okay, it was a good list sir, Yeah, so I only have two. I think, well mentions me one will come to me if I forgot. I try to think, but we talk about already. But yeah, just the Phantom Menace game. Uh, that was as a kid playing that and these are not good games. These are just pure They're okay, ye, there's some games of my lists are gonna be good games. But with these honorable mentions here and even one of my top five, it's come off more of a fun factor seeing Phantom Menace before it was a jaded fan as a kid, just you know, being in love Star Wars back and having them on the PlayStation one. That game was played multiple times over and over and over, just again and again again, and the Dark mallfight is actually kind of annoying at the end. It's actually kind of tough, but it's so good to at the point. If they remastered that game, I don't know if they have. I don't think they have, but I would maybe spend some huckles, some checkles and I'll play it. And then the other one. I've talked about this before, but a Star Wars Dark Forces is pretty much just like a Doom rip off. It was the first person like you're going around fast shooting people. I'd have Dooming. I played doing a little bit, but I didn't do my as kid. I had Star Wars Dark Forces, and I just see and I'm looking at it right now because they're on sale two right now for that one's bigger for twenty bucks, So I don't know. Maybe I'll dip my toes into some of these Star Wars ones even just to buy them on sale right now now, and because the original sale original price is fifty. So we'll see. But I remember tons of good memories with those who play as Oh god, what's his name? You play as a Kyle Qatar Kyle Yeah, yeah, And that's where it's just like learning all this stuff. But yeah, I I loved it. I had no idea as a kid that was just like a Doom ripoff. Just played it and stuff.
Speaker 2: So he's an Empire war he's one of the units.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, there you go. All right, So number five this is I think lots of these are just there for the sake of because they're fun. But number five, you didn't mention it. I was on your list, so I wonder if you've even played it. Uh Jangle fet Man did you Did you play that game.
Speaker 2: All in your No, I never played it, but I watched all the cut scenes. I exactly that what the game is.
Speaker 1: That's what's crazy again, the games that you played and I played. That's how many Star Wars games there were that we couldn't cover the base of them all. Djangle Vet and I was a big bounty hunter Boba Fett guy. Even Jangle you know he had an untimely end in the second one, and yeah, bothfet kind of sucks. Well, he sucked in the original triogy now he sucks even more so nowadays, but plays a bounty hunter. Any games that I could use a jet pack ass I loved man. You had a little bursts so you'd run out of time, but you got the jet pack, you get the guns. It's just this fun little side story before he goes and links up with Obi Wan and again meets his demise in episode two. It's just a cool and we told about us all the time. Sure, you give a story, but he's just a bad guy. He's not like, oh, it's the good story of Django fan him doing that. He's like, no, you're playing him as assassin and his goal is to you know, get these targets and there's a little mini story and played so long. I have bought this one on the PS four or five, so I do have it. I think when I booted it up, it was kind of that old games old It didn't like it wasn't it didn't feel like natural, wasn't a good it wasn't a good vibes. That's why a lot of us a couple of years ago, with that fake Mandalorian game trailer came out, were like really hyped. And that's where it's like, I know, Stars Outlaws kind of has a bit of that, but I need the full Mandalorian type of feel, right, So maybe one day they'll do that. I think we've kind of missed the boat, and I don't think the movie's gonna help with that. But Django Fed is just like a heart pick on there. I that's a game that I've spent many many hours playing again and again. Number four another game I'm surprised was not on your list or even mentioned, Force Unleashed. How did you not have.
Speaker 2: Force honorable mention? I forgot to do the honorable mention.
Speaker 1: Oh it's too late, brother, You know, like a Force Unleashed Again, that was because when you talk about Lego Star Wars, even Kotar, you never like Kotar had the turn based right, and Lego Star Wars was kiddy. I don't think there's any game up until Force and Leash that really nailed the feeling like a Jedi right everybody when the Jedi games like Survivor and Fall and Jedi whatever, when those were coming out, Force on Leash was the benchmark. Technically, I think the Jedi games are probably better than Force Unleashed, but that was to me the inspiration and that still was the idea. And again a game that you did turn good at the end, sure, but at times you felt like a big time Sith and having Sith powers.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: God, Scar Star Killer was such a fun character, very fun story of Darfa. You're having a secret event apprentice to take over and kill and per Palpatine like and it fit too. It was like a perfect like you never have to break Cannon could have been this little thing that happened. It was such a fun time in the series. Everyone remembers the iconic You've taking a spaceship cruiser down again, a game that when you unlocked the whole Uh, that Jedi, Sith assassin robe or whatever when he had the helmet, like, that's a game, just like the Phantom Man. As I played again and again and again as a kid, that's the game. Every time, I was like, man, if they could make a movie of this, so Force and least that to me was and Jedi is technically better. Yes that that that does nail, So I'll give that the crown now. But at that time it felt like moving like a Jedi. You got the Force powers. Yeah. Number three a little lower because I don't love as much and it is a little samesy, I get it. But still Knight's Old Republic two. Uh, it is a step down from the first one. But I just love that world. I love the system. Uh, it's still even if it's lacking from the first one, I still have good memories. Fucking Kira, fucking where is he got nihilis up here? My boy got him popping off what I explain? And you know what this guy too, I always hate I love this guy, but I always forget his damn name. What the hell's this guy again? Yeah, because I always was sidious, but yeah, I think, yeah, this man has burnt to a crisp and he's still alive. If Dark Nights of Republic two is such just like a Vibes type of game, and it's really especially with Kira, like it's it's a weird dark game. It's a weird game like there's a lot of stuff. So I appreciate that. I again, I didn't play as much as the first one, but I did do multiple playthroughs, and I always pretend my character was the same, and I guess for number two, we have the same as far as a game in our list, but it's not the same because you picked Lego Stars two specifically. I'm just doing the whole the saga, the one that had all six together. I played them both at different times, but having that replaying that, playing that again and again and out playing it in a similar fashion with kids, I know we gotta get the Skywalker saga to at some point play those newer ones. We did buy it, but no that Star Wars Lego man, I feel like if anybody, unless for some reason you didn't play it as a kid, I think anybody that played a Star Wars Lego game and was making a Star Wars top five game list, it's gonna be some game is gonna be in there, right, even for Lego, right, I think most people have if you make a Lego top fives, I feel like for a majority of people, I could be wrong. I'm gonna say, like seventy percent or higher, it's gonna be Star Wars. Legos going to be in there, right, because I think Dane said that before too, Like I think I think it's somewhere even in the top I don't even know if it's in the top ten. It might be, I don't know. I feel like I just know he talks highly of that game because I think we all have those moments of playing those a kid, and then it's just those were pure magic. Those are games that when I think back about to the magic of being a child and gaming it stars like I was definitely one of those. And I just want to complete Saga so and then number one, No Twisters, Surprise at All, Knights of Old Republic. I've spoken about the Spenny Time So my top ten game list. Again, that's again that made me fell in love with RPGs. That's a you know, not trying to be mean, but like an actual RPG of Again, that's why I like the para death having the choices matter. I hate at that point when games go over an RPG and then you make a couple of choices and really they don't matter, or really you just get to the same place with a few differences. That goes lower at that points. Yeah, just make a story game at that point telling what you want, right with all the different iterations of playing through a game, And I remember, I can't do you remember who the blue alien is with, like she's the ginger hair and kind of like a long ponytail.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: You can either you can kill her or she can join her squad. She can join the squad. But I remember at this point, if you don't know, it's a republic. When you start the game and you go to the menu screen, it shows you all the characters that could be on your team, but they're blanked out. So it's like a cool thing, like, oh, who's gonna be there? Who's gonna be And I know what's so cool is the first mission you get to remember the guy who wakes you up, like come on, you gotta go, and then he dies and the whole game his slaught is X like it's just it's blacked out. Again. So you're thinking, Oh, he's gonna come back. He never does, and even all these playthroughs like he's gonna come back now, So this whole menu screen of the character is always messed with you. So this girl is gonna hope they find her name.
Speaker 2: He's popping up chess throns. People like, no, no, no, that's not what I'm looking for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nights over play, maybe just put play, just put team just put like team members, because she's gonna be on there because you can recruit. But that's the thing with the menu, they're all blanked out right. So I bring up and talk you know this woman, and you fight her, you kill her, you move on, collect her loote and go the second play through when I play this game again, and I can't. The first game is full good guy. This one is bad guy.
Speaker 2: But still you thinking Johanni, so you're thinking of.
Speaker 1: Do a screen share. I need to see her. I'll know there's second I see her because she's somebody that it was a Jedi. She turned the dark side and then she's light again because you can't or she can be light again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's Jahanni.
Speaker 1: And as let's see. Yeah, that's maybe full screen myself here, Yeah, Johanni, Yeah, that's the one. She that's a character that I killed in the first play through and the second play through, because you what happens is you're on a mission, a couple of light straight saber strikes, and then you get you walk back and then you talk right. And I killed the first round, the second round, second play through, she was with me and I did not. This is a game. This is an era where I'm not looking at guides, I'm not looking at it long and I have no idea right, we have no like, oh, talking to somebody, what did you do? So when I could talk to her and pick the right certain trees and everything like that, the right skills, the right diplomat answers, say the right thing to her, and she turned. Not only does she turn to the good side, she joins her team. Blew my mind as a kid. And that's what I'm talking about. That's so crazy that a whole character that has story that you can talk to on a ship, that you can bring on missions, you can just kill her and she's done. She's not even on your mission at all. And that's where for me, and I know there's many games that do this. But that was my first and it stuck with me. And then I was glad that I grew up that people were like, oh that is great, and it was like a trend there. It wasn't just like a okay as a kid, I misremember this right because it felt like it was something special. I remember playing on the original Xbox I love that damn console. It came with it, and I don't know how many played through as I did, but Knight's Ould Republic is a very special game to me, and that's always going to be number one. It'd be very hard to replace it. I've been dying to replay it, but I've been waiting to see if a remake is gonna happen, So I'm hopefully gonna happen. If not, I want to replay it soon. But uh yeah no, that's uh, that's my list right there. So did you.
Speaker 2: Know with the Force and Leash that it had the multiplayer on the switch? Oh? Sorry, the we If you played the Wii version, it actually had like co op multiplayer. It was brutal. I did not like it.
Speaker 1: Who would you play as start Killer? Who?
Speaker 2: Uh? Actually, you'll get a kick out of the roster here.
Speaker 1: Uh oh the roster wow, oh you play a.
Speaker 2: Roster but I'm uh fortunately also it had all the you know, the dark side missions that you could do, and I remember unfortunately too you had that was really cool because you could actually face You killed Boba Fette, you killed Obi Wan. Remember you blast Obi Wan into the engines of the Millennium Falcon and then you have to face his ghost. And then you also got to fight lou Can. You turn Luke into your apprentice, and then you kill you kill Han Solo and Chewy on Endoor and you fight Lea as a lightsaber at the Battle of Endors. It's just a whole new thing. Geez here, let me see for we got who's playable Unfortunately dual.
Speaker 1: Mode so.
Speaker 2: Uh you got star Killer, Qui Gon Jin Obi Wan, Kenobi Anakin, Skywalker, Alas Takura, Assage, Ventriss, Count Dooku, Darth Maul, Mace, Window Shock, t Maris Brewed, Darth Vader, Coda, Luke Skywalker, New Hope, Luke Skywalker, Return of the Jedi Marriage Jade, really Darth j Bobos Who was this? What the ja?
Speaker 1: That is quite a that's crazy that made it in there so.
Speaker 2: This is Darth Phobos. I've never heard of this character before. Dark phobost female stealing Sith already lived upon a corbon lied a thousand years before the outbreak of the Clone Wars. Uh wow, so yeah, again like.
Speaker 1: A deep roster.
Speaker 2: Though it's a deep roster.
Speaker 1: I'm sure that. I'm sure the mode didn't play too smooth, but that's actually tons of cool characters to pick from.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it wasn't smooth, but yeah, like the character roster is crazy, just like seeing Qui gone and and the Venturess and all these characters.
Speaker 1: See, man, that's what I would love to do. We don't have the time right now. Maybe when we're whether people keep supporting us, we ever do this full time. Maybehen we're older, when the kids were growing up. I feel like, just oh, there's the images right there. Wow, that was some graphic. That's a huge roster.
Speaker 2: That's a big roster.
Speaker 1: She's just for doom. Like that's a full like Star Wars fighting game. Shout out to got uh Revenge of the Sith because remember that had that Star Wars mini fighting game And yeah, yeah no that's something that man, I would love you could do a whole we could do a whole retrospective series starting from the first Star Wars game to like today. That could be a whole that could be like a multi year retrospective right there. I'm not I'm not coming into anything right now because that would take a lot of time. But man, I would love to like go back play those games because again, there's games in the old games old days that you miss and games that I miss, So it'd be cool. I'm sure there's something that we both missed. I imagine there's some games we'd look. Oh, I've never touched this, right, so yeah, maybe maybe one day maybe well maybe one a year or something. I would love to fully go back. Yeah, but no, there you go. So for me. The fourth we talked about some Star Wars games. Hope you enjoy that. Let us know in the discord especially join that go down below and tell us what are your favorite Star Wars games and showed any that have been out there, showed any heart picks that anything add and review the greatest. Other people don't like it, but I love it like my Dark Forces, you know so. But yeah, until then, we'll be back next week myself in Kirkland. I know what we're talking about. Maybe there'll be news, may it'll be a topic base. I don't know, it won't be boring, tire, thank you for joining on me, joining me on this episode, and uh, may the Force be with you always mhm