Speaker 1: It's time for coffee and company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day. Now here's Nick Coffee.
Speaker 2: All right. The five o'clock hour here is gonna be a little bit of a rapid fire because there's a lot of things I want to make sure we get to and I'm gonna try not to spend too much time on each of them. I can get a little long winded at times, you know, it happens. But we've had a couple of guests who I appreciate their contribution to the show. Doctor Ben's cup, good stuff, but you know, they cut into the time, and I wouldn't have it any other way. But today's a busy day here for the show, so I guess we'll just dive right in here when it comes to the biggest story in college football right now, and it's continuing to get worse for UNLV. You know, perception is reality, and maybe there's some fibbing going on, maybe there's some half truth to the situation with the nil not being what these players were told, but I'm sure the public opinion is going to be UNLV recruited players talk big money and they don't have it now and they've got guys leaving their team because they now can not have wasted a year of eligibility if they just stop after playing three games. UNLV, by the way, is a top thirty team if you go off of the eight people in the receiving votes. I mean, they're not ranked, but they are in the top thirty, and they are one of the handful of teams that probably look at the G five spot that's going to get in the playoff and think that they could get it. So it started earlier when their quarterback, who is having a good year, he transferred from Holy Cross. His name is Matthew Sluka. It's Sluka, John, you think that Sluka or Sluka.
Speaker 3: I've been saying Sluca.
Speaker 2: So I think, okay, So he has decided to transfer and red shirt. He's going to get a chance to then go through springball at a new school and play next year because he's only played in three games, and you can red shred after three games. So here's what we know this is. And I trust the reporting of of of let me see, yeah, I trust the reporting of Sure, I got it right, Pete the Thamil. I thought it was McMurphy. But no, it's it's uh, it's Famil And you know, he lays out exactly what was what was expressed to uh, to the player when he decided to transfer to NLV. Money was clearly a factor here. So here's the thread. Let's see. Well, I want to make sure I get it right here. Yeah, it says here that uh, he's an ile representation and this is this is where it's gonna get a little bit, a little bit confusing. But Marcus Cromarty is an agent for Equity Sports and he represents SLUCA in an IL. He's told ESPN and Pete Damil that he was verbally promised a minimum of one hundred thousand dollars from a UNLV assistant coach to transfer there, and none of that money was paid once he enrolled in school. There was no effort made by UNLV's collective to formalize a contract at that amount. Months after he enrolled, Chromarty made multiple efforts with the staff and school to address the issue. He said, the school and collective came back with a contract of three thousand dollars per month for the next four months, which of course is eighty eight thousand dollars less than what Krimarti said UNLV verbally promised him upfront. The only money he's received from UNLV per his agent, is a three thousand dollars relocation stipend because of his move. He says that there was never an ask for more money after UNLV's hot start, only the initial amount he was promised to transfer. When that didn't come, he evaluated his options, decided to play elsewhere next year. And again, the Red Shirt's going to give him a chance to enroll in spring elsewhere and play at a different school twenty twenty five and probably make some real nil money. I mean, he's not elite, but look, this is a guy who verbally and again, even if you think, well it's on the kid, he didn't get it in writing. Maybe I mean yeah, I mean he trusted his agent. His agent, by the way, is not licensed in Nevada. But it sounds like that's not really what any of this is about. It's him taking a coach at his word and the coach not being able to pull off what he was throwing out there when trying to recruit this player. So again, I'm sure this agent and the kid will say they learned from this experience and they'll they'll always try to get it in writing ahead of time. But I also would be willing to bet there's a lot of guys out there on nil deals and they don't have it in writing, Like not every one of these guys has an agent. And what's sad is that some of these guys, this guy, you know, this player included, are trusting agents that don't don't do it the right way. So even if he knows he's at fault, he's still, in my opinion, is entitled to look out for his best interest. And he's this. Look, these these are employees. Now that's what this is. This is this is a job for this guy. He knows he's not going to the NFL. He's got a chance to make six figures, a damn good entry level salary for somebody fresh out of college, and who wouldn't take advantage of that. So now he's not getting that money. And even if it's not in writing, I mean, I do work in a in a field where contracts are very much a part of it, and I actually hate that, to be honest with you, but you know, it's it's how the game works. You have jobs where you don't have a contract, right, and if you stop getting paid what your boss who interviewed you told you you'd be paid, you know what you do, you stop going to work, right, we all would, So, like, I don't want to hear any criticism of this kid. In fact, he's not a kid. He's a grown man. He's twenty two, probably twenty three actually, and he has a chance because of nil to do a year of college football where it is a job and he will make money. And he was promised and assured he'd make this by a coach, and now it's not happening. So you know what, he's gonna stop going to work. We're not used to viewing it this way, but that's what this is, guys. This is a job now, this is professional sports. So I have no issue with what he's doing, even if you want to claim what an idiot he just trusted this coach. Well fun he got burned, But he's also gonna do what he needs to do now to correct the situation and not waste a year of eligibility where he was short at eighty eight thousand dollars for what he was told the job would pay him. So there's an update to the story. He's now the second player from UNLV who transferred in who is doing the exact same thing for allegedly the exact same reasons, and that is their running back who just transferred in from North Carolina State. And again, these are guys that clearly have been a factor in the success that this team has had thus far. I mean, I'm sure this team can still win games. In fact, it sounds like there's another FCS quarterback they took in the portal that there's some confidence in that maybe they'll be able to kind of pick over they left off. But when it comes to the running game, let's see here the yeah, the running back, Michael Allen, I remember that name. He transferred in to UNLV from NC State and he's decided to again do the same thing. He says that. Let me read specifically his tweet here. It says, expectations for opportunities unfortunately were not met, and I'm excited to continue my football career. And of course he means elsewhere. So if I had to say there's one person who probably screwed up here, it was the coach, because he was probably just trying to say whatever you got to say to get a kid to commit, right, And that's that's very common. And let me give you an example. Like you know, many coaches sell these plays, used to sell these players like role opportunity, and yet when they get there, it's not that because coaches used to be able to do that, and who was gonna hold them accountable? Well, now, if you're talking in I own money, according to the n DOUAA, you're breaking the rules. But then again, nobody seems to follow those. And I don't blame him because nobody seems to be in charge, and you know you're gonna do whatever, and just dare somebody to try to punish you, because if the n SAA does, they'll probably get sued and lose. So I'm not even really saying the coach is just a slee's ball because these coaches, especially assistants that are recruiters, they come from a world that is not a lot different. It used to be a lot different than it is now. Meaning you say whatever you've got to say to get this kid to come here. You know, many kids came here for Charlie Strong and even John L. Smith. I canna think of at least four or five that we're told, oh yeah, you're the best athlete on your high school team, and damn you're putting a big numbers at quarterback, so we're gonna let you play quarterback. No, they're gonna put you carry. Rhodes had all had a hell of a career in the NFL as a defensive back. Carry Rhodes was told by John L. Smith, he's gonna play quarterback at Louisville. Not a chance. Marcus Smith was a first round draft pick for Charlie Strong for the Philadelphia Eagles, hell of a defensive end. He was sold, oh yeah, we'll put you a quarterback. So it's shady, but I can just tell you that's how it's always been. But now you enter money, it's a different thing, and these guys have players have the power now where they didn't used to have. Players can absolutely look out for their best interest in a way they didn't used to be able to coach. Is a jerk, all right, portal, have a nice life. My money's funny. Nope, yep, three games in Now you got to start all over because you didn't take care of me, and I have the ability to go somewhere else to get taken care of. So you know, I just I'm a little triggered about people calling this guy quitter. I think what people still have yet to do is realize this is a different world, and you would do the I mean, you'd be it. You'd be a fool to stick around knowing you're not gonna make the money that you that you were told you were going to make, which is why you went there. And I know, will come on, what about his teammates? What about what about all the work they put and he's abandoning his guys. It's a job. Now. You ever quit a job thinking, oh man, I'm leaving my coworkers out to dry. I mean maybe, but it wouldn't It wouldn't prevent you from looking out for your best interest in making sure you're taken care of. It's just a different world now, all right, let's see here. We did talk a little bit earlier about the little basketball schedule. For those of you that missed that, I mean, my takeaways are not much different after seeing the full schedule in its entirety, game by game, other than you throw Duke in there, like we talked about yesterday. I didn't even mention earlier. I assuming all of you have seen the schedule, but to see that Carolina is one of your first ACC games, I think you might play them. Let me see when when is that game? Is that at the beginning of January? First? Yeah, I mean like you will get to mid January, and who knows, maybe teams that we don't expect to be good will end up being good. Like maybe that happens, and I'm sure you're gonna lose games in the year twenty twenty five. Like I don't want to act like once you get past Carolina on the first it's it's smooth sailing. But I mean, look at it. Just look at the schedule. I mean a front loaded schedule to say the least. And I really the Bahamas trip is going to be so important for them because I think like Ole Miss Duke, those that's two top twenty teams you play, and you play them back to back, and then you got UTEP and then Kentucky all that from December third to December fourteenth, you play Ole Miss Duke in Kentucky. So going two and one there would be I mean, not a miracle, but like I don't know, there's somebody pointed this out earlier and I'm glad you did because it's so true. And I tried to, you know, go off what I saw in the Bahamas and go off what we know about these players that transferred in. But somebody pointed out that when they look at the schedule, it's just another reminder that this is the ultimate This is the ultimate unknown, and it really is. You really never know what you're gonna get. Even when teams like Miami brought back a Final four team in Stunk last year minus one player, no joke, one like one piece was gone from their team that went to the Final four and they fell apart. So you really never know. But man, this is a brand new coaching staff with all new players that they've never coached before. I shouldn't say that. Rain Smith he played a lot of minutes for for Pat Kelsey for many years, so you know, and there's other guys from Charleston, so it's not brand new. But still overall, like I think, the majority of the guys, I mean, nearly everyone on the team that's gonna play minutes this year, this is all new to them. Doesn't mean it's not gonna work out. I mean, I'm not bringing that up to say we should not have high expectations, but it's just you just don't know what you're gonna get. But that's also you know, the intrigue of the unknown is a real thing in my opinion, and I cannot wait for basketball season to get here, all right, So when it comes to this Notre Dame matchup, you know, I think our conversation with Alex Kupper earlier was great. If you guys missed it, make sure you check out the podcast. We'll also have it featured in our pregame show on Saturday afternoon. But you know, I think Cub said it best. If you look at what Notre Dame has done up to this point, I think you make Riley Leonard beat you, and you feel pretty good about your ability improving to everyone that he can't do that. I don't want to act like the guy's will bomb and he thinks and you know, set up the karma to have him roll into uh to South Bend on Saturday and light us up. But I mean, he's not. I mean, to me, I've never under like I think Duke being good is just weird. For Duke. That's gonna bring a lot of attention. And Elko did a good job there, and he was his quarterback. But like I think Duke being good, a lot of people chalk it up, well, hey, they must have a once in a lifetime quarterback for Duke. And look, I'm not trying to say he's a bad quarterback, but like he's never really impressed me, and again, impressing me is probably not what he's set out to do. But his numbers right now are eh did that? Did that sound that just came from my body that I'd indicate that I'm unimpressed because that's what I was going for John It did, okay? Just making sure. I mean, he only has one touchdown pass on the year. Now, I'm looking at his numbers here as far as game by game, and you know, he's thrown for one hundred and sixty three yards. That's the most he's thrown in a game. And that actually came and they're lost in Northern Illinois. He threw a touchdown against Miami Ohio last Saturday. That was his first touchdown of the season. So I mean, he's not statistically doing a whole lot. Now. To be fair, I don't know if they're really asking him to go out there and use his arm and beat teams just with his ability to make plays as a quarterback. But it may be because they feel like their strength is going to be in the running game, and they're a top twenty team right now when it comes to rushing yards per game. Clearly they're going to try to slow this game down run the ball effectively. But I think if you can stop their run, easier said than done. But if this defense really steps up and shows they are in elite defense like we believe they can be from a personnel standpoint, then it's going to be right of Leonard's job to have to make plays for him, and I don't know if he's gonna be able to do that. I mean, Texas A and HM they've got a great defensive coach in Mike Elko, and they always have talent because they can go buy players just as good as almost anybody. But you know, I feel pretty good that Louisville from a defensive standpoint, IWF Quincy Riley can't go. That changes things. But I think Louisville will be able to stuff the run and keep Notre Dame well below. They're two hundred and thirty eight yards per game on the ground, so I mean Notre Dame's offense. It's been it's been. I mean they've only scored more than twenty eight points once in their four games, and that came against Perdue, which should remind I mean that Purdue must really suck ass. I mean, how bad can Perdue be?
Speaker 3: They do suck ass? I mean, I think they're only dogs by like ten points to fast.
Speaker 2: I'm fading Purdue, and I had to do it over the weekend and just remind people, like because I still remember like when Jeff, when Jeff turned us down the first time, I genuinely believe it was exactly for the reasons that he said it was. It wasn't money, It wasn't because he thought Purdue was a better opportunity and a better place for him. He literally just didn't want to leave those players behind that he brought there. It's a different world now. Those guys could fin follow him, you know, they could. They could. They could ride down to Louisville from South bed Within. I mean, like you could, you can do that? Like it's a new world. But I was so bothered by Purdue because I don't understand there's football teams in the Big Ten that have a lot of tradition that you know, may may not have a lot of big time wins and Big Bowl wins or playoff appearances, and they can claim, well, you know it's because it's because we playing, you know, we play in the Big Ten. Are you going to do produce? Not one of those teams Purdue has stunk And the only factor in them not stinking for a brief time was Jeff Brown. Because I don't know if you guys have seen like they're they're terrible this year, and I just, I just I was just reminded by that. But looking at what Notre Dame did to them, and they did that at Purdue, didn't they?
Speaker 1: I think that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: That So Danny Hope was there from twenty nine or two thousand and nine to twenty twelve, four seasons. He was twenty two and twenty seven overall, thirteen to nine in the Big Ten. Darryl Hazel took over for him and he was there for four years, twenty thirteen to sixteen. He was nine and thirty three overall, five and twenty five in the Big Ten. Jeff Brohm comes in record again. I used to get so triggered when people would say, well, I mean, whoa you heavy he got just hating record, Shatterfield has it whole whoa oh we really going and getting a better coach. We should be banned from Cardinal Stadium for five years minimum for acting as if we were bringing in the same caliber coach whenever we got Brahm and got rid of Sadderfield's bow ass. I'm sorry, just disgraceful that people would say that kind of stuff. So Jeff not great, but thirty six and thirty four overall at Purdue, winning record in the Big Ten twenty six and twenty five took him to the Big Ten Championship game, beat three top three teams at Purdue since he left Ryan Walters five and ten overall, three and six in the Big Ten. So that was a long winded way of me letting you know that that win that Notre Dame has where they beat the Brakes off Purdue, it's more likely because Purdue sucks. That's not me telling you Notre Dame stinks. But like, I just don't get why there's not more people willing to say, yeah, I think louisll wins this one, and maybe they are. I know Louisville fans are saying that. But I was happy to play this sound for you early, and I'll play really quickly here before we get to a break and come back on the other side and keep the thing rolling along again. I do want to try to get as much as we can before we get out of here. But this is Rick Neuheisel, who works for CBS covering college football. This was I guess they're studio set earlier this week looking at this weekend's games on the college football slate, and he thinks the wrong team's favored, the.
Speaker 4: Wrong team's favor here, This should be Louisville favored. Jeff Brahm said it exactly right. If you couldn't get Notre Dame behind and forced Riley Leonard into having the throw. And I was strong just a little bit of goh saying that he can't throw. He certainly can, but he is inconsistent missing a.
Speaker 2: Lot of weeks.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it's a boom, a matter of still injured, or what have you. But if they're going to be that inconsistent with the forward pass, it's incumbent upon Louisville to get a lead. And I think defensively they're good enough and Shuck's good enough for that to happen.
Speaker 2: I'm taking the.
Speaker 4: Cardinals tan to be is going to be very important, especially from the Louisville.
Speaker 3: Side, because they've got it.
Speaker 2: I don't know who this guy is talking.
Speaker 3: Receivers, it's the number three offense in the ACC.
Speaker 5: I think they take down Notre Dame and we don't have to hear a whole lot of weed.
Speaker 2: Wow, So two of the I don't know who that guy is.
Speaker 1: They don't.
Speaker 2: He's got beautiful hair and he's got he's a silver fox. But I mean, you know that doesn't mean Louisville is gonna win. It'll have no impact at all. But these are the CBS guys that are picking the game, not the spread. This is nothing to do with wagering. So if that if you needed some more confidence before you make the trip trip up to South Bend, Hopefully that helped. All right, quick break, we'll come back on the other side. It is Coffee and Company and we are fuel about Thorntons right here on Sports Talk seven ninety. I can't get a read as far as the confidence level for UK fans in this matchup against ole Miss. I mean, ole Miss is a really good team. You got to go play them at their place. But I mean you did just play Georgia really close, but you were able to, you know, have that game played at the pace and style that gave you your best chance to win. I think trying to ugly it up and slow down Lane Kiffen and his offense is you know, much easier said than done. But uh, Lane Kiffin. You know, I remember when Louisville played Lane Kiffin and Ole Miss in the opener a couple of years ago, and I remember thinking, Wow, I mean, this is this, you know, as a talk radio host, Like, we're playing a guy who's a character within college football. There's a lot of stories about him over the years, and some of them are funny, but like, he really isn't. He's not somebody that's just got this big personality. That's just he's not Mike Leech as far as in front of a microphone. But I think what makes him different is one, he was just so young when he got his start, and you know, it's intriguing to see a guy at this point kind of back on top. After two failed stints at big schools. He was unsuccessful at Tennessee and left after a year and left him in trouble, and then he went to USC and that was a little premature in my opinion, but he wasn't great. I don't know if he should have been fired, but then he had to rehab his career right at Alabama. And you know, I can't tell if they're if they're feud is in fun or they really hate each other, meaning Saban and Kiffin. But I think kiffn you know, he's a guy that just he's going to be direct. He's going to probably say things to Saban that most wouldn't challenge Saban in a way when most wouldn't because one, he's who he is, and also you know he's especially on offense, like he's the OC for Saban. But Saban's got to say so. And if Saban disagrees, I'm sure Kiffin feels comfortable in saying you're wrong, and that can create a rift. I mean, it is wild that Saban basically sent his ass on after he already had taken a job. It was it was, you know, the belief that he would still be coaching Alabama in the playoff whenever he went to FAU and Saban said no, So I think that actually speaks to the fact that they didn't get along and didn't work well. But either way, Lane Kiffin's just really direct. He's really honest, and that's rare. I mean, he calls out other coaches, but he's not doing it in like a petty way. He's just direct. His press conferences are actually, you know, there's not a lot of energy there because I remember being underwhelmed, like We've got the presser before the Louisville match up with Old Miss and like, Lane Kiffin's kind of boring. But he did something ahead of this matchup that I still it's not like, you know, this isn't something I don't want to sensationalize it as if like it's it should be leading the current, you know, newswire in college football, but he called it like it was. They played nobody yet meeting Ole Miss, and they're going to play Kentucky, who nobody really knows if they're any good at all or if they're I mean, Tucky's got to be one of the tougher teams to figure out what their results at this point. But I think he knows he can look at what they did against Georgia and they have played South Carolina, who isn't very good but still an SEC team and probably better than anybody that Old Missus played. So I just think it's it's nice to hear coaches just say what we all know is the truth, and that's that who they've played at this point has not challenged them in a way that he'd like his team to be challenged as of September twenty fifth.
Speaker 5: No, I'm realist. I don't think our opponents have really prepared us for the SEC play. What dom I hope is our practice in our fall camp has prepared us because we play against really good players on both sides of the ball, so defensively we play against really big linemen and seeing the other way around. So schedule not it is what it is, and so I hope that our practice has because our practices are similar to what we faced.
Speaker 2: That's just a real coach, like, that's not disrespect, that's not trying to show up Wake Forest or Middle Tennessee State and Furman. That's just in Georgia Southern. That's just the coach being honest and saying that their practices have been a bigger test for them than who they've played. Because Old mis went out and bought a hell of a team and they're in the top ten. Their second string unit would probably beat everybody they played for both those reasons. They ain't played nobody it's any good, and they got reserves in depth they could compete. So I don't know, I just found that to be refreshing. And I'll tell you this. He went on to talk about it, and I don't have this clip in front of it, but he went on to really kind of gass up Kentucky's personnel and talked about how they've got a lot of guys on their team that are going to play in the NFL, especially on defense. And I'm thinking, all right, come on, now, you're just now you're just trying to build this Kentucky team up to be something they're not. And then I thought to myself, he's right. Like if I thought Kentucky had a bunch of bums and they were gonna beat anybody this year, I would tell you that because it would make me happy to say that. But I also can't lie to myself, and I don't want to lie to you. Kentucky has good players, now I don't know how good. VANDW. Griff is, but you know he's tough. You know, he's good enough I think for you to have some success against you know, half your schedule, maybe, But they've got really good guys on defense, I mean, on the line, at linebacker, in the secondary. Barrian Brown, I mean, he's he's really good.
Speaker 4: Dame Key.
Speaker 2: It was against a nobody, but he just had a really impressive day, one of the best receiving performances last week. So you know, I don't know if Kentucky fans think about that very much. And I'm not telling you that you showed you guys can do whatever you want, and you know I wouldn't. I mean, I can't speak for you. I'm not a Kentucky fan, but I would at this point in the season if I was you, if I could put myself in your shoes, I would feel all right. Tough loss just to Georgia game we could have won. No excuse to lose to South Carolina and certainly an excuse to lose to them the way you did, because we know they're not great and we were at home and we have better players in them. So you know, I would be thinking to myself, not only does Stoops need to finish strong here the rest of the season. But like it's not just about because we want to go to a bowl game. It's because, no, you should you have players that are capable of winning a game you've already lost. And I don't know about beating Ole Miss, but like they've got two games that like if they lose, there's a problem, Like Florida sucks, and Florida's of course at home when they play them in Gainesville, which makes it a little more difficult. But you've got Auburn at home and like they suck. Auburn lost to cal Auburn lost to Arkansas, who nobody thinks is good. So not to say there's a ton of pressure on stoops, but like there's gonna be some swing games that like, now you got to go win one because you already lost to South Carolina. You know you've got losses coming the likes of Ole Miss and who else do they have that's that's really really highly ranked? Do they have Alabama? No, Texas? Yeah, Texas, who's number one in the country. So I mean those with with that already in place, Like, no longer are these swing games. These are games you better go win because now we'd have there's definitive proof. And it's not to say that you know they're the worst team in the in the country, but like Florida and Auburn are teams that, like you know you should be And if you don't, something bad happened. I'll tell you what. I feel bad for you. I'm not saying something bad is going to happen to you, but I feel bad for you if you don't download the Underdog Fantasy app and get in the game. Because Underdog Fantasy, I mean, it's a new way to entertain yourself when you're watching football and also win money. Who didn't like winning money? Last year, over a million fans across thirty three states got in the game. With Underdog Fantasy. You can win up to one thousand times your money just by choosing how hire a lower on your favorite player stats, touchdowns, receiving yards, receptions, that kind of stuff. You know the drill, And all you got to do is pick high or lower. You pick hire or lower for one player in one side of the matchup. You pick the other team in the matchup, pick one player on that side, hire a lower, and boom. Now you can play it, and you can add multiple different picks within that and press play because that's what it's called on the app and boom. Now you wait and see what happens and you can win some real money. Make it picks is easy to do, I'm telling you, and the sign up process is even easier. All you got to do is go to Underdog Fantasy dot com or download the app today, sign up with the code Nick seven ninety, and Underdog is going to give you a free pick to use on your first cash Champion entry and you're going to get up to one thousand dollars in bonus cash when you deposit, So deposit, don't just sign up and take the free pick. Deposit now because they're going to give you a bonus cash and that could go a long way. It's Underdog Fantasy Promo code Nick seven ninety. To claim your new customer special of a free pick, and your deposit offer must be eighteen up in president of state whe Underdog Fantasy operates terms supply concern with your play called win under Gambler or visit NCB Gambling dot org. So again, if you've ever have you ever been like man? You know what? I like that, Nick guy, I'd liked. I'd like to I'd like to help him out. This could help me out. I need to look good to Underdog Fantasy guys. I need to know that you guys are with me. So download the apps, sign up with Nick seven ninety and do yourself a service. Deposit some money in there, and they're gonna give you a bonus cash. I mean, come on, take advantage Underdog Fantasy code Nick seven ninety when you sign up. I thank you greatly. All right, quick break, we'll come back on the other side. Keep this party rolling along. I mean, I'm having fun. I don't know if you guys are having fun? Can you You can still say you partied if it wasn't fun, right, Like I've been to birthday parties. No way, I had fun at some of them, especially probably kid birthday PARTI yes, So even if you're not enjoying yourself, this is still a party, whether you say so or not. Stick around. I think this person on the text line is I think they are. I think they're mentioning this because they're going back in time when we learned really what's standing on business meant? When Penny Boone decided to transfer from Louisville but yes, I think you're right this texter says that Nick is it's safe to say that the two UNLV players are standing on business. I think that's actually what's happening here, although the running back has since come out and said this is not about nil, it's about being misled about opportunities on the field. I didn't get it down from UNLV. They don't have any money. I mean I added that last part, but like that's really what it's come down to, because they don't and you know, you need money.
Speaker 3: In fact, kind of ironic in the land of you know, gambling and you know, having money in that type of stuff in Las Vegas. They don't have anything for UNL.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say that for tomorrow because two people have said the same thing, and I have a theory as to why they're they're struggling here when it seems as if they'd be as they'd be an area, they'd be a market really that would be able to have no problem get money to go get some players. Now, not to say they should be competing with the likes of BAM or anything like that, but yeah, this won't be the last time this happens. I'm sure and I would assume that after we get further into this new world that there will be this won't be like shocking news to you anymore. Speaking of money in nil, which was not a thing forever until what twenty twenty one or whatnot twenty two maybe Reggie Bush has filed a lawsuit against USC, the NCAA, and the PAC twelve seeking compensation for the use of his name, image, and likeness during his college football career, claiming they profited from his fame without compensating him. And you know, if you remember, I kept asking, hey, why is it? What was the date? Like if you played from twenty sixteen on, you'll get I think you're right about this yet I don't remember the exact timeline, but I kept asking, why would you be able to why would the settlement include players that didn't get paid in a certain timeline. But then like, because that's why you've had lawsuits. I mean, if you remember, you've now got guys who won, who won a championship at Kansas. You got a team that made the championship game with cal and I'm sorry, Kansas title team, North Carolina State title team from back in the eighties, and a Memphis team that made it all the way to the championship game under Caliperry. They've all collectively filed lawsuits because they want money that the school kept from them that you know, they feel like they should be entitled to since now it's been proven with the with with I mean, Congress has said what they did is not allowed. They can they cannot prevent you from making money. And oh, by the way, now you've got a revenue share, you know, you know, so that's never ending. But with Reggie Bush, I mean, I think this kind of to me, you know, I don't know, I can't relate because I've never had any money that he's had, like the amount and never been in that world. But it kind of feels like he's broke. I don't know, Like if you feel like you were wronged and people made money off you and you want to go get it that, you could be a billionaire and still want to be standing on business Sean. But when it comes to like, I don't know, like he won a huge law Here's here's my theory about Reggie Bush. He won a big lawsuit against the Niners when he played for I think either the Lions of the Dolphins because when his career was sort of winding down, he ended up getting tackled at the Niner Stadium and went, you know, the play went out of bounds and he fell on concrete and hurt himself and it was an injury that was that was actually caused by the poor field conditions at that stadium. He won millions of dollars, so maybe he realized, hey, lawsuits are fun. I can make a lot of money. Maybe that's what it is. So maybe that I, you know, I don't want to say he's doing this it means he's poor, because again, if you're you feel like you're entitled to money and then you know there's wrong with going and getting it. But you know, some people get so happy, and maybe Reggie Bush is that guy. All right, let's talk about Jefferson Animal Hospit shall we don't forget about their big event coming up. The blood bank that they've got is rare. You don't see it in a lot of places that do what they do, but they are proud of it, and that's why they're having this big event to show you guys about it. It's pints for pausing people and they're going to educate you on how your dog or cat can be a blood donor just like you can. And it may be something you're thinking, Okay, I didn't even know this was a thing. Well, they know that, they understand that this may be something everybody needs to learn about. So they're going to give you demonstrations on how it's done to put you at ease if you're worried about how your pet would do by giving blood. So it's Saturday, October nineteenth, between ten am to two pm Pines for pausing people at Jefferson Animal Hospital on outer Loop. Bring your pets and your family. They're going to have food, live demonstrations as I mentioned, and the opportunity for you to donate blood yourself to the American Red Cross. So Pines for pausing people. It's October nineteenth, ten to All pets are welcome, All people are welcome. For more information, you can visit Pet Bloodbank dot com or call them at FABO two nine hundred pets today flew by John What about fast? But I had fun? I hope you did as well. Did you have fun? I always have? Even if you lie to me, it's fine. Just tell me your fun to make it feel better.
Speaker 3: I don't think I've ever not enjoyed doing the show. I hope you mean that, even if the day itself sucked, the show has always been I think you would say the same thing.
Speaker 2: It's always got here. Lately, it's definitely been a mood and vibe enhancement. So good times, and we're going to be back to do it again tomorrow, so join us right here on Sports Talk seven ninety