Speaker 1: Hi everyone, Tony from Hack the Movies here and today we're talking about Final Destination two, the best Final Destination. We're just gonna get it out here. It's the best. If you want to argue with me, fight, uh watch the episode. Yeah today on Hack the Movies, Apes talk talking talk talk talking about tapes. Hello, Crystal, Hello, Tony, how are you.
Speaker 2: I'm doing really really well.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 2: I get through you in the sun all the time.
Speaker 1: You just flew here.
Speaker 2: I yes, literally.
Speaker 1: Yes, And you had to get off your first flight because you had a premonition that it was gonna blow up. I did. I hope nothing happens to you while you're here.
Speaker 2: No, Instead, I just had to go, like, miss my first flight. I literally did miss my first fight, not lying by literally like thirty seconds. They closed the door in my face after they did, because I was waiting for my boyfriend, who was literally turning the corner into the gate. I said, he's right here, he's right here. They said, guess he missed his flight. Literally closed the door and I was like.
Speaker 1: Continue even let me like, hey, look, look I once missed a flight because I'm not a morning person and I might have dozed off in the bathroom at the airport path. Yeah, I might have been sitting on the bathroom and I like dozed off and I like woke up and I'm like, oh, time to get on my seven am flight.
Speaker 2: You felt on the toilet, straight up on the toilet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not at that point. I was definitely not a morning person. I'm not a morning and I like dosed off because I got like nose. My plan was to stay awake so I would sleep on the flight. We fell asleep in the bath and when I got there, everyone was gone and they're like, your flight left. We called me like five times, like my luggage made to LA before I did.
Speaker 2: Why anyway?
Speaker 1: Your story my final destination? Two?
Speaker 2: Yes? Uh?
Speaker 1: We covered the first one long time ago. Met Jess and Johannah, the movie that started off as a spec script. It was supposed to be an X Files episode and it was not. It didn't know that. Yeah, well what's this? What's their face? Uh? Wong and Morgan, the guys who worked on Files, James Wang and Arren Darren Morgan. There was two Morgans. I forget which one is which. Uh. They wrote it with Jeffrey Reddick, who's the only guy who came back for this one. They wrote the first one together and I think James Wang directed the first one.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Those two went on to do two other films. I think Morgan went on to do Willard and Wang went on to do Jet Lee's the one. It's a good one. So only uh Jeffrey Reddick came back. Yeah. Uh. This is directed by the late David Robert Ellis, who did Homeward Bound two. If you're wondering if we're ever gonna review Homeward Bound two, look at the views for Homeward Bound one.
Speaker 2: They were really bad.
Speaker 1: Also, one of those dogs died, so I can't really I can't that dog died. I can just recycle the footage. Yeah yeah, look look, and if a space cat keeps waking me up early, there might be two dead acts.
Speaker 2: Literally, if you're ever like Funk, I have to do an episode you literally just recording you change your own voice now.
Speaker 1: He was also a very like famous Second Union director and stuntman. He would end up directing Snakes on a Plane. Remember that movie.
Speaker 2: They didn't hate that movie.
Speaker 1: I enjoyed it. Uh. He also would come back later, I think for a final Destination four I did not see four. Uh that was the three D one. Uh. Yeah. The only two actors who come back for this one are are Ali Larder, who, by the way, always been a smoke show. Oh my god, I don't actually watch this new show, but I follow her on Instagram. There's this new show Landman, I think Billy Bob Thornton's in it. Oh well, she's in it, okay, And I see post Room all the time on her Instagram. And she is hot as fucking hell in that show. Yes, how does she get hotter? Like she's usually like a ten uh, in this she's like a twenty. I don't know how she got even hotter, Like the hair and makeup people are on point there and the wardrobe. I'm not gonna launch the show, but I'm enjoying the Instagram although I might. I like itel about Thornton. So she came back and the late the now late Tony Todd came back. It took me forever to find my picture with him after he died. It was sad because like we were at monster Mania, yeah when we found out when you weren't there, but we were there.
Speaker 2: It was the same time, I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I'm like sitting there and I'm just like, oh shit, he was at my very first Monster Mania. He's one of the first like celebrities I met. I'm like, I don't want to find that out here, Like this is a bummer.
Speaker 2: What was he at New Jersey Horror Con where I met him? And it wasn't like I was like at the booths already, Like I just like ran into him and he's the nicest guy. Oh, he was so sweet or was unfortunately, was the absolute nicest guy ever.
Speaker 1: This was a fun fact I read here because I love this movie. Yeah, most people our age, as we will learn, are totally scarred by this movie. Uh yeah, yeah, this is if.
Speaker 2: You say Final Destination too. I for some reason always confuse some of the deaths for in the first one. I don't know how I do that, because those deaths are so memorable, and I always think the first one has the most memorable deaths. But this one, Yeah, whenever I think of some of the deaths, I was like, yeah that was in the first Nope, every single death in this one. I literally there was parts where I completely forgot, Like I didn't for I just seen it again. I literally grasped on my boyfriend. He wasn't even watching it, but he knew.
Speaker 1: He was like, I know. I was like, oh my god, here it go. But I read this fact this is the lowest grossing Final Destination movie. It didn't do as good as the first one. But I'm assuming it must have fucking destroyed in the home video and rantal market because I didn't see it in theaters. My parents were like, like, they brought both DVDs at once when the second one came out, and we watched the shit out of it. So I think a lot of people caught it on video because then they ended up doing three more. So I think that's what happened.
Speaker 2: It was. I remember it was a very I strictly remember this going into the video store and being very excited to grab this. Yeah, and just remember it was so popular going in. Uh.
Speaker 1: But yeah, So that's funny to think about because like this is like most people's favorite. Maybe some people like the first one more and I'll get that, but this is like most people, this is like the gold standard. Uh. But yeah. So, like I said, I saw this as a kid, uh and at the time I really liked it, and I've grown to like it even more because I didn't realize it had like it had a really good, like dark comedy like this. This feels like a dark it's very humorous compared to the first one. Yeah, but yeah, let's get into this movie here.
Speaker 2: First. I like to mention I saw this movie. I started watching it yesterday at the airport. I watched the first half in because I was waiting eight hours for my next flight and saw half of it while waiting, and then the other half on the plane. And they keep mentioning the plane throughout the entire movie, and I go, goddamn it, God, damn it. Stop mentioning it. Please stop mentioning it. So yeah, I was like, come on, spirit.
Speaker 1: So I told the story in the last episode. But like, we had a portable DVD player in the one summer and my parents will like, bring some DVDs you want to watch it. My sister was like, let's revidal that nation, and I looked at her. I'm like, like, no, like to call do you forget how it starts? Like all right, it was like nine tragic story to something even stranger. So this is a year after the flight when eighty crash. People have like caught on to this story. There's a guy being interviewed and he's talking about it and it's like, yeah, but Elle, the survive from their crash died in weird freak accidents, and he's like basically summarizing what happened in the previous film. He's just like, I think they cheated death, and Death is looking for them. A lot of questions about this whole Death character, because it's like, well, how do you explain murders and stuff like why is he so well?
Speaker 2: When he was saying he was just a little little too forced. It was a little I guess he's it being a talk show and he's questioning, oh yeah, yeah, if this was done today, he would be on YouTube because he wouldn't have to prove anything.
Speaker 1: You'd just be saying it. He'd be like, Death does this and it's real.
Speaker 2: Yes, but he went a little too Yeah.
Speaker 1: We meet our main character, Kimberly. She's waking up. She's got like a weird vibe at night, but then the next day she's getting ready to drive to Daytona with her really horny friend, very horny around the dad.
Speaker 2: I understand, like she got in the car and she said you know your dad's cool. Yeah, and I know the first time making a joke, but it was kind of cringey when she's l what does she say something like I'm really horny, let's go get the boys or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then she makes the jokes about like whips and chains.
Speaker 2: And that was that one I thought was kind of funny when she and she was like trying to like joking around with the dad. Fine, fine, like we're gonna get in trouble in Torny whatever, making a joke. But once she screamed that in the car, I was like, that's.
Speaker 1: Cringey to say to a dada. But yeah, they're gonna go on their Daytona trip. They're gonna drive, which.
Speaker 2: Older than they should have. Yeah, Like I was like, the dad in them look a little close to age.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not gonna lie. I was gonna say. Uh. It was funny because I was reading that the writers just didn't want to do the same movie again. It kind of feels like the same movie again.
Speaker 2: I had to ask, I, just are they in high school?
Speaker 1: I don't think they are. No, I think they're college. I think they're college.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, it makes me feel a little bit better for her because I just realized. I was like, wait, are they because that trip the first one, were they in high school?
Speaker 1: They were in high school. Yes, this one it was college.
Speaker 2: Okay, so they just were they were seniors and they graduated. Yes, okay, it makes a little more sense with the cop even though now that I think about it, it's a little that means she's like eighteen.
Speaker 1: But yeah, this is it was funny. They're like, we didn't want to do the first movie again. I'm like, well, it is kind of the first movie again. I mean, you change some stuff with the lore, but it's basically the first movie and they end up just being the same movie every time, Like after this one you can watch about an order because not really interconnected.
Speaker 2: No, but I don't hate it. Yeah, I hate it when it's the same movie over and over. But the thing is, the deaths are so creative. That's why you're watching it.
Speaker 1: There's a formula and you're just wanting to see how they change things up here and there. The formulas are fine.
Speaker 2: The formula works so cute with the formula.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm glad they took like a ten year break though, because you can't do it all the time. You have to, like, you gotta do, you gotta do breaks. That's like, we're gonna be covering a lot of the Sol movies this year. The problem with them is they were doing it every Halloween. Now they're doing like one once every few years. They're spacing them out.
Speaker 2: I never really watched those because it was just the same thing, and I'm not a bag.
Speaker 1: I think that's what they learned. That's why they're now like, yeah, you know, let's space amount. So it doesn't yeah to me, it's just two.
Speaker 2: I know people love the sauls. I know people are die hardsl fans, but I.
Speaker 1: Also love Saul the only other person who says it that way, so I have to.
Speaker 2: It's the Philly like you could take the girl out of Philly, but like Philly Jersey, but you can't.
Speaker 1: Oh, who's the one asshole? In my Muppets episode, he's like Curmit the Frog, and I'm like, I do not say frog. They're uh, they leave and there's a red stain on the ground, and the dad notices it, yes, and then for whatever reason he will take an hour to call her and let her know what it was. So now she has more friends in the car and they're pulling up to the highway. Uh, there's like a weird can lady there. That's like the I looked at that and I'm like, why would she possibly be asking for cans and money there? I that's the worst place to.
Speaker 2: Beg Also, if you pay attention, like, there's also people at the worst areas to beg Well.
Speaker 1: Yes, but it's usually no. I'm definitely used to homeless people buy an on ramp for a highway. It's just it's usually in the city, like the on ramp to leave the city. This is like in the middle of nowhere. I'm like, lady, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: It is, well, that's why, because the middle that's why this is virgin territory for begging you later again, I want her to be like the reason she has this vision.
Speaker 1: That's what I want.
Speaker 2: In the original or originally.
Speaker 1: Uh so, Yeah, they get on the road and this grim Reaper character, which by the way, in the first movie it was going to be like a physical presence that they like saw, and they decided to be like, let's make it like the omen you don't actually see it could not advertise that this girl is gonna die any more than it possibly does. Like they drive past a school bus where kids are chanting, pile up, pile up, pile up, and I'm like, okay, you're.
Speaker 2: Not okay because we know what's going to happen. Yes, very obvious. But if you are driving, and this is my whole thing about, we're gonna tell you out on a different rand at the moment, like manifestation and stuff like that. It's when you say you buy a car, right, you don't normally see that.
Speaker 1: Car, and then you see it everywhere, see it everywhere. But they say that with like tigers, try not to think of a tiger and you'll see it everywhere.
Speaker 2: I've never heard of that.
Speaker 1: I might be mixing two things together, but it's the same idea. If you tell someone, if you put an idea, they to.
Speaker 2: Be looking for tigers and I don't see it.
Speaker 1: Funny thing is, I don't see a single god a tiger. But when you're driving, you're gonna pass like an Exxon station and you're like, oh, it's the tiger.
Speaker 2: I'm now gonna look for tigers today and I will let you know. I will get back to you and how many tigers I see today.
Speaker 1: I mean, I have a copy of how many.
Speaker 2: Freaking videos do we see right now? I don't. I see the animal, but there's no tiger on it.
Speaker 1: Oh uh. Somewhere in the cabinet underneath you is the nineties live action Jungle Book. I think there's a tiger on the cover anyway, but let's forget about that, okay. So, yes, they're driving, like.
Speaker 2: If you all of a sudden, you're seeing something and it's odd, and all of a sudden, then it starts popping.
Speaker 1: Up everywhere, like the number twenty three. They made a whole movie about it exactly. You see it everywhere, and then all.
Speaker 2: Of a sudden, like you see throughout the movie, like all of a sudden. Now they're seeing the science they didn't pay attend before.
Speaker 1: So there's another sign. They turn on the radio and it's Highway to Hell, which is.
Speaker 2: Great because you wouldn't These are all things you wouldn't expect.
Speaker 1: I think it's good.
Speaker 2: It's not to me. I mean, obviously you think a little different. I don't think it's that because we know what's happening, or we know something's gonna happen if you're just driving and then you're like, this kind of weird. That's kind of weird, especially because she's already freaking well.
Speaker 1: I've definitely seen people drinking and driving and I slowed down and let them get far ahead of me. This one. They're like, can you believe that guy? I'm like, yes, slow down, let him get ahead of you, don't be close to him. That so there's an asshole on a t bird.
Speaker 2: There's a biker cup another thing, as you also kind of let them go.
Speaker 1: Oh. So the more you learn about that guy, you're like, oh, that poor bastard. There's a biker I don't say poor, well yeah, literally poor, but yeah, there's the biker couple just sharing their tits and it's like, Okay, that was weird. I don't think we ever see them. We don't. And there's a coup. There's a cop. Is the coup?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Someone in this movie played Jimmy Olsen In the first season of Avengers A Lois and Clark. I think it's the cop the nineties Superman with Dean Kane Jimmy Olsen. The first season they like fired him and replaced him, and I think the original one. I think it's the cop. I'm not sure. I know he's in this movie somewhere. So yeah, the girl's almost cut off a truck hauling lumber. The girls getting like anxious and her friend goes, you're gonna be fine. And then we see a drunk driver and we see a pregnant lady driving a van.
Speaker 2: Anticipation is built, Yes.
Speaker 1: It's building up tension. I have it here. Everyone on this highway is worse than the last. Like everyone you meet is worse than the last. Like water bottle boy, he's slamming the water bottles, how is that bad? And cocaine guy who's just doing cocaine while driving?
Speaker 2: I mean not surprised. Yes, I am more surprised at the person drinking the bottle of beer while driving than the guy doing cocaine.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So like you know, you got the weed of the back and you're like, okay, who's doing it?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah the guy Her friends are smoking bean in the car. Oh. I like they throw like the joint onto uh smoking lady.
Speaker 2: I call her almost You almost think that that's gonna caut something. But like, yeah, I think this in time you watch this, it's worse. Yeah, because you don't if the first time you watch this, you don't really realize it's gonna be the log truck, and then afterwards you're like, god, I can't okay.
Speaker 1: Okay, uh yes, and then we get I think Quen Tarantino said this is like his favorite like car accident thing. I think it held the record for like the biggest like pile up in a movie. I guess, not counting movies like twenty twelve where the whole earth shatters and cars goever. But yeah, so the scene that scarred everyone in our generation. And you see the memes all the time where like people take pictures like behind a log truck, they're like I did it. They were like they were like everybody our entire generation was scarred by this.
Speaker 2: But it's not even just logs to anything behind a truck too that can fall off.
Speaker 1: Nope.
Speaker 2: Every time.
Speaker 1: When I and I uh dated Johannah, she was very afraid of driving extra trucks. And the one time we were driving on a highway and I just like I saw two trucks and I pulled up right in between.
Speaker 2: The worst you can do. I don't know if I saw this in a movie or something like that, and I was like, this is brilliant and petrifying the same time. If you ever see a truck towing another truck and that is facing you, Oh yeah, I saw the movie. Like they woke up the person. They're like, it's pretty so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the logs fall off the truck. The poor cup gets one right to the hay.
Speaker 2: I think that was one of the scariest ones where it's just.
Speaker 1: It was a quick motorcycle. Motorcycle guy falls off his motorcycle and then the motorcycle slams in, blood goes everywhere. Cocaine guy blows up. Oh my god, I think a cigarette lady flips her car. Water bottle kids, water bottle gets underneath the break so him and his mom can't break. That gives me exciting because my car is like full of bottles.
Speaker 2: Before something dropped and like cripp and grab it and I get that driving while something like falls beneath like your feet, because it happens that happens or woking while driving, I have a fear of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's the thing. A lot of the stuff that happens in this accident are like very realistic things. That's keep in mind. They all don't happen at the same time, but individually. These are all things that can happen.
Speaker 2: Watching it in a movie, it feels like every everything, everything in this movie, you're just like, thanks, thanks. I didn't think I had a fear of a glass falling, glass panel falling home, but now I know. You just look around in construction, I like avoid it.
Speaker 1: It's horrifying. Kimberly and her friends crash. We never see what happens to pregnant lady. We just see her drive off the road. That's like what happened.
Speaker 2: Their situations happening so fast you don't even you.
Speaker 1: Don't even realize that you missed her death. Yeah, a tea bird guy blows up. His death is like the hardest because you actually see him like suffering and burning. You see like the emotion on her face because she can't do anything to help because she is also dying. And then another truck shows up, on fire truck that was holy d Cubs blows him up, and then cubs and just kills her and all her friends. And then uh, we flashed to like ten minutes before this. That was much like the first movie.
Speaker 2: Guess She's like, literally this is a long flash.
Speaker 1: It was a really long flave and the accident, I feel like happens a lot quicker than it's in and there. Yeah. So she wakes up and she's just like screaming. She's like, oh my god, I just had a vision. We're gonna die. And her friend's like, relaxed, lady, and like she's like, Hi, mid hell's gonna be on the radio. Oh my god. So she's breaking down. She decides to stop traffic and stop everyone from getting on the highway. Uh, and obviously this pisses off everyone. They're like, what the fuck, lady, what are you doing here? So, yeah, the cop comes out, he's like, what are you doing. She's like, everyone's gonna die, and he's like, lady, come on, you gotta move, you gotta move.
Speaker 2: How many people do you think the cops got false in for people thinking they have visions of something bad happened after the plane and all of a sudden, the good cops are like Jesus Christ, another one and they're permanent premonition, Like, yeah, we're fine.
Speaker 1: We know. It's funny. I mentioned I think I'm going to mention the previous episode. I'm like, I get death is doing all this. I'm like, but who is sending them the visions to counter death, and I read I'm not gonna speculate too much that the new movie Bloodlines find a destination. Bloodlines is gonna be like the people who figured out the premonition, and all the characters in these movies are like descendants of them, so force that, but maybe they figured out a way to like because then they're also I know, he's not probably going to be in the movie unless they shot some them with him, but like Tony Todd, like what's his deal? Why does he know? So there's like hits that there's like a more supernatural thing in these two movies, but then three, four or five are like that's.
Speaker 2: Just and I do like the connection between one and two they get to But I want to know. I don't know if I'm jumping a little bit of a head, but when the accident does happen, the people that actually died, did they just fuck up Death's plan? Like I want to know.
Speaker 1: I think I think she saw certain people, but more people were supposed to die.
Speaker 2: People behind them. I'm guessing more people.
Speaker 1: Maybe some of them weren't going to die. Maybe it was just her and the few people behind.
Speaker 2: Her that so we're assuming instead of innocent people dying like they oh oh oh.
Speaker 1: And there's like there's a reason why it was specifically them later on that they were.
Speaker 2: I do know that. What about the other people that I think they were? Just there are other people that were also connected. We just the story doesn't say because I do know there was a thing where the person should have died it later in the movie, and they don't. They're like, oh, because deaths it wasn't her time to die yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's possible.
Speaker 2: People that ended up dying instead of.
Speaker 1: I guess because they died. Yeah, those the people who died, I guess because they never looked into it, but where they also linked hard to it or to previous ones that got.
Speaker 2: Like for later we're about to talk about with that truck then wait, okay, well I'll get to.
Speaker 1: It because we learned from five that it happened before the first movie. Because spoiler five is a secret prequel. It's I feel bad spoiling it because I did not know that when I watched it, and I went, you gotta be fucking it's got a great ending.
Speaker 2: Great now I know, so, yeah, but.
Speaker 1: You don't know the specific It's pretty good. There will be a moment where you go, oh fucking no. So yeah, she prevents it. Everyone thinks she's crazy. And then she sees the log truck and she tries to tell the copy doesn't listen boo. The whole accident happens, and looking at it now, I'm like, oh, that was very cgi and shitty. Uh. The initial accident great, that wide shot of like, oh, that one looks rough. Everyone is dying, everyone shocked. Everyone's like, oh shit, she's right. Her friends are still in the car, she's out, the cop grabs her, and then the truck meant for her and all her friends kills all her friends. Which it's been a minute since I watched this. I'm like, oh, yeah, her friends are the rest of the movie like, oh no, they all just die.
Speaker 2: That was it was just all right. So yeah, what I was about to say was that truck it is the last one. So I guess it does make sense that all those other cars. I just I realized it as I was just saying it. I guess all those cars were part of the pile up. Yeah, because that truck was last.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know, it's confusing, but I know why these specific people exist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can you imagine in a pile up like by act, Like if that happened and you're pile up and it's like horrific, but it's not your time to die.
Speaker 1: You're just like what the Remember last year when ninety five was on fire and collapsed, Remember the bridge.
Speaker 2: Like it was on forgot, Oh my god, but no one was on it, yeah, anyone.
Speaker 1: Like was it?
Speaker 2: Well, it was it final that no one got hurt.
Speaker 1: Well, my good friend prison Mike sent me a video that day of him just driving over the bridge while I was on fire, because no one knew it was going to collapse. Like, no one died, like nothing.
Speaker 2: No one got hurt, right, Yeah, yeah, the.
Speaker 1: Nine ninety five, not the other bridge thing that was bad. Yeah, the one in Philly. Well, the guy who blew up on the truck died. Besides that, no one else did. But like earlier that day, earlier that day, I get a video for prison Mike. He's he saw the fire, He's like, what's going on here? And he just pulled out.
Speaker 2: Some things are very odd where you're like that is such And.
Speaker 1: Then later that day it collapsed.
Speaker 2: I was like, holy shit, that's such a busy road.
Speaker 1: I know, well it was so early in the morning.
Speaker 2: But still the timing of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like the other one was so late at night. I mean, people died, but not as much as it would have been if it was like in the day.
Speaker 2: Sometimes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so uh, they're all in the police station and I like that. The one guy is just like, man, they're so unlucky. And then the one cops like unlucky. He's like, that guy hit the lottery a few days ago and he just avoided a pile up. He's like, I wish I had his luck. So t bird guy is like, that's why he's been spending all.
Speaker 2: The money, and he is when you go into it, because.
Speaker 1: The money is new. The money is new. So yeah, the girl tells everyone about her She tells the cop about her vision, and she relates it to the flight one eighty people. And then motorcycle guy I'm sure they all have names. Motorcycle guys is like I heard the story, blah blah, and he's like it's all bullshit.
Speaker 2: Who's just fucked up the entire movie, which is hilarious, And you're like, wait, how was he? No, No, the other guy, that's right, the motorcycle. I'm thinking of the cocaine guy.
Speaker 1: Cocaine. Yeah, the entire movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like, this is bullshit.
Speaker 1: So they mentioned like it killed everyone, but they mentioned Clear is alive, and I hate that her name is Clear Clear from the previous film is alive. But she's in a mental asylum. So uh. Later that night, Kimberly, he's talking to her dad. She's like, I feel like this isn't over, and he's like, what, there's no way that can happen more than once cuts a rich keybird guy. He's got his new Mac computer.
Speaker 2: I know this is your favorite death.
Speaker 1: By the way, it's a good one because we know what gets him in the end. It's established early. But yeah, he has all his new stuff. He leaves it in his shitty apartment. He's got old spaghetti. He's got to throw that spaghetti out because he's making dinner.
Speaker 2: And he doesn't own a trash can, and.
Speaker 1: He doesn't own a trash can apparently. Uh so he goes garbage disposal. He does have a garbage disposal, but yeah, he goes to make himself dinner. And like it's funny because like the opening is very like serious and dramatic, and then like all the deaths after this are just goofy, Like the first one was trying to be scary and horrific, but they're they're like, this one is like a straight up comedy scene. You ever watched David Lynch's mohalland Drive, Yes, when the love that when the hit man goes to kill someone and he fucks up and he keeps like making the situation worse. That's how I feel about this scene.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so for all of the whole movie, I don't I don't know if it's better when you watch it the first time or the second time, because the first time you're like, Okay, how's he gonna die? How's he You don't know how he's gonna die? So all the fake deaths.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they do a good job of giving you like multiple ways he could a person could die.
Speaker 2: And then like the second time you watch it, because you don't, I know, you want you can see like the signs and stuff like that, and you're kind of if you it's just like as the reminder like in the second one, I think you see the signs even more. Yeah, because you're not really paying attention as much to this. Yeah, I think the second they're so good, But my.
Speaker 1: Favorite is the second time. You want My favorite is the one toward the end where you think it's going on and it goes a completely different way. So yeah, he throws spaghetti out the window, starts making dinner, and then we get our first u evil Rube Goldberg effect. Death shows up doing its wind stuff, because that's it usually does the wind thing. A magnet falls in his food conveniently, and he puts that.
Speaker 2: Well, it says I.
Speaker 1: It says I, Oh I.
Speaker 2: Made this second time. Yeah, that's exactly my.
Speaker 1: It's like when you watch the first one, you see one eighty everywhere because that was the flight that they were on. Yeah, so the magnet falls into his food, so he mikes her wave he microwaves it. I love. While this is happening, he keeps getting voicemail from girls going like, hey, sorry, I never called you back, but I heard about you winning the lottery.
Speaker 2: Like that's really that Chinese who not have the metal candle. It's so weird.
Speaker 1: That's why I never that'd be funny if Death did that, But he was gonna do it anyway.
Speaker 2: I like after you put it, like even yesterday, I was like, wait, did I have the metal handle?
Speaker 1: But you can't put that in it? So things hit get on fire, but he can't get out because his ring is caught in the garbage disposal on his whole apartment is on fire. The smoke detector is going off and it's melting. Yeah, but he gets free and then death shuts the windows on him, but don't worry. He breaks those windows and then he gets on the fire escape. It's not going it finally drops.
Speaker 2: Well, and then the explosion.
Speaker 1: The explosion. He survives the explosion. He gets out of there.
Speaker 2: You kind of think like, okay, all right, he's kind of safe.
Speaker 1: I'm like, all right, because we learned that you can stop it and it'll skip you. It'll come back, but you can skip you. Uh. So you think he's free and clear, and I'm like, this is the star of our movie. But what do we always say, mosty, that was too much spaghetti? Is too much spaghetti, you know that's what we say. It was established in the flash episode. Remember Annie Muschetti, his last name means that's too much spaghetti, and me and Frank work Muschetti until like every review. Now we did it to Tricia in the Rocky episode, and she went what and I was like, yeah, it's Italian for too much spaghetti, and her, who speaks fluent Italian, looks at us and goes, what the fuck are you talking about the spaghetti? Does it in crystals on the spaghetti? And I'm like, no, the Italians apologized to this nice man. We didn't mean it. He slips and then the fire escape. I like that it falls and stops and he's like, man, I'm really lucky it doesn't. It isn't I stabbing, but I'm laughing too much. I'm gonna let this one slide literally.
Speaker 2: But it also is quick because I was to take a picture to I. Well, obviously I took a picture, I said to you, and yeah, but I was like just clicking because I couldn't remember how fast it happened. And it falls, hissed the eye and then next scene.
Speaker 1: This movie is very gory, but aside from Hit, that same character being on fire, they don't linger on the gore. It's it's very gory and gross, and it cuts. It gives you just enough so good. It doesn't completely shy away from the gore, but it gives you just enough and then cut it. It's enough to like, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it's done so well.
Speaker 1: So he's dead. Uh. The cop is investigating the survivors of the first film. We find out that Devin Salwa got killed by some bricks, some freak accident. A brick I guess fell off a roof and killed Devin Sawa. Poor guy. I think I feel like I saw him on Twitter making jokes about that, how he was just killed off in between films by bricks.
Speaker 2: I don't know. He makes jokes a lot about Yeah, Chucky makes jokes about Chuck because of the series.
Speaker 1: I forget which one did it. It was either him or McCaulay culkin. But they posted a picture of like the original Richie Rich and Casper cartoon, like Me and the other one when we were kids, because Devin Sala was at the end of Casper. So they learned. All the survivors are watching TV and they learned that the rich guy died and they're like, oh fuck, that story she told might be real. If death didn't want people to like out like trick him, why wouldn't you just space some of these deaths out? Don't do it right away?
Speaker 2: No, I think I don't know if he's really trying to trick them. Maybe he's just like, hey, idiots, gets what You're gonna die no.
Speaker 1: Matter what.
Speaker 2: Death really cares.
Speaker 1: So they're all worried.
Speaker 2: The mom, I'm busy. Actually, that's why he's.
Speaker 1: He's killing a lot of people. The Grim Reaper or no hold on the Mom tells her son that everything is okay and that they're going to have a nice trip to the dentist tomorrow.
Speaker 2: You take these pills later at night.
Speaker 1: Uh, the what we'll call it. This is the only time they did it more in the first one where they like show death like striking lightning, they show death's like shadow and stuff. They don't really do it in this other than the Wind. This is the closest we get. Kimberly's like in her bed she sees like the shadow from the tree, but it's skeleton hands. I do like kind of like death is like around.
Speaker 2: It's more because I think it's because like the way I interpret that was like, that's fucking with her, Yeah, because she had that premonition. YEA, that's like you might as solved. I'm still coming after you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So she researches clear and she gets directions to find her on map Quest. I felt really old. I don't usually feel old. I'm so youthful. Everyone always tells me, Uh, I felt really old when she was map plessing you look fantastic for sixty eight. By the way, at this point, it's already air and I covered it on the wrap up with that movie Y two K. I didn't say it's not great, but I highly suggest you watch it, just because it's like, oh man, that really takes me back. Just the beginning where it's the character's computer screen and he's typing on a messenger. I'm like, some of it was a little overdone, and some of it is like, oh, they nailed that.
Speaker 2: I will say, I'm surprised we are, because we talked about this and I thought we were going to review it and the well, now that that's over, we might mention it time cut.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I heard it wasn't that.
Speaker 2: It was it and I told you that too. It wasn't that great. Yeah, but two millennials not looking at the storyline, It fucking takes you back.
Speaker 1: Really watch it. Some people were nippicking the inaccuracies. I saw some clips, but why you you kind of nippick it?
Speaker 2: Then maybe, But honestly, I didn't know what it was about. When I first turned it on, I kind of understood. I didn't realize how two thousand it was, and I.
Speaker 1: Was like, holy shit, I forgot about that. Yeah, some girl on Instagram, like on like the Instagram reels I get, like estate it was like me dressing up for two thousand and five, and the outfit she put on it looks like something like Johannah or the girls in my high school would have warned, there's.
Speaker 2: A girl that I love watching on TikTok and she does the.
Speaker 1: Whole it might have been.
Speaker 2: It might have been she has a faked hand, she's super she wears the girls.
Speaker 1: In high school did the orange tand it was like, yeah.
Speaker 2: Everything that she does is hilarious.
Speaker 1: Anyway, back to this. She goes to the mental asylum and I liked that. The girl there is just like, you can't have this, you can't have that, you can't have this, I have to check your nails, and like she goes, is she dangerous? She's like no, she thinks you're dangerous. Like clear, like gave up. It was like, I'm just gonna be in a pato cell and avoid everything. I mean, yeah, it is weird that Death is letting her go for so long. I mean what, yeah, because she says she's tricked it multiple times and it's still going after her. But it's one of those like it's one of those like I'll circle back to it. I kind of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's like a little like a little bit, I'm gonna go get the easy way.
Speaker 1: At the Death Factory, the death boss is like, did you kill clear yet? He's like, look, I'm trying, but if I focus on this, I'm gonna let this one fall through. So like I'm just prioritizing mister Death and he's like, okay, Boss. Death is like Boss, He's like, well make sure you get her eventually. It's like, okay, I'm working on it's just not at the Death Factory Death. So, uh, there.
Speaker 2: Things that could go wrong. I mean you can think of a thousand things that can go wrong in a padded room.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anything, what is she like, a fucking plane could crash into the thing? Could Yeah? So yeah, I love that she goes in. She's like, so I was on the thing and Claire's like, already up the speech like you're in that pile up, you probably saw a vision. You gotta do this, You gotta do this. Yeah, she wasn't.
Speaker 2: Just like at the door or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but she's like, look, has a list. You gotta follow the list. But she's like, yeah, but I died last, but my friends died first. She's like, oh shit, it's going backwards. So death is changing up the thing and it's throwing clear off. But she tells yeah, but she tells her. She's like, hey, you gotta look for obvious warning signs. They're not gonna seem obvious. Some of them are gonna seem really obvious. Some of them might be subtle, or maybe you'll just imagine pigeons that aren't there. It's one thing when it's like like, hey, that might be a sign, and so other we're like imagin your pigeons, Like okay, well that was a little weird. Okay.
Speaker 2: In the first one, I can't remember, does it show you signs only to your death or everyone's death?
Speaker 1: I maybe I should have rewatched it, because yes, yes, yes, yeah, yeah, yes, because I remember he looks in the window and sees a bus's reflection, but he looks over and the bus isn't there, So yeah, he's seeing visions of other people's deaths.
Speaker 2: So when death's trying to get you and you're not part of this group, are you now seeing signs of all the people that's going and dies death? Like, so, why is it?
Speaker 1: I think it's I think it's like sometimes they can see multiple ones, but she's like the main one. She can see the visions the most.
Speaker 2: She can see it clearly, but also everyone else could still see them.
Speaker 1: Well, no, the other guy doesn't see the pigeons later, only she does, but maybe that's.
Speaker 2: Just because he wasn't paying attention.
Speaker 1: Maybe, but anyway, she tells her to look for obvious warning signs, like if everything feels weird or shady, avoid it. But she's like, yeah, look she tells her. He's like, well you survive. She's like, yeah, and look where I am. Basically like I'm technically alive, but I might as well be dead because I can't do anything, which is like the old one punishment. Really, it's like, well, I'm technically alive, but I'm just sitting around.
Speaker 2: We'll get to it. Never mind, never mind. I have so many thoughts about this movie, but I don't se.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Kimberly meets up with the cop and like I said, she imagines pigeons. She's like, look, I had a thing. We need to find the mom in kid their next and they're going to be attacked by her. Guessing what death is going to do is really funnycause she's always off the mark. She's like, they're gonna be attacked by pigeons.
Speaker 2: I think her guessing no causes some of the deaths. It actually kind of does it do to our chain reactions.
Speaker 1: The dentist scene is tense because they bring them in. They're conveniently there's a construction site right across from the dentist's office, and he's looking out the window. I remember the first time I saw this, I'm like, oh, that crane is going to crash. The window is gonna happen.
Speaker 2: It's going to happen.
Speaker 1: Pageans start hitting the windows.
Speaker 2: The freaking needle.
Speaker 1: Yes, And then outside in the waiting room the plug is coming on loose and the fish tank is like leaking water and everything. So there's again it's giving you multiple options of ways people could.
Speaker 2: She is petrifying because now you're looking around.
Speaker 1: And you're like trying to think, like, what is it that is it going to be that.
Speaker 2: Wait, all this happened, and now you're walking around in real life, you're like, shit, that's a danger trup. That's a danger trap. That's a danger trap.
Speaker 1: Ye, you're a ginger trap. Yes, And you think it's gonna be an explosion with gas because the gas leaks.
Speaker 2: Nitrogen laughing are the yeah? The two yeah, are right next to each other.
Speaker 1: And then they leave him alone and a little ornament falls and starts suffocating him, but then the nurse comes in and saves him, but he survives. That's the funny thing. It's like, wow, wait, nothing happened. There was so much set up. Pigeons were flying around, things were leaking. It's like it looked like it was gonna everyone's gonna die. And then they're fine. They go outside and kebody's like get away from pigeons. And the kid who's mad at the pigeons for sucking up his Dannis thing's like, I'm gonna go chase these pigeons, which which startles the construction worker, which hits the lever, and a whole glass plane just cra By the way, it's a very rubber dummy the way like bends it's just so funny, but still it's still had plain glass just.
Speaker 2: Just splash like that death.
Speaker 1: You're like a body right in front of the mom who's like a it's horrifying. That would be the worst part of these are like the people who survive and have the witness it, Like that's the most horrifying way a person's gonna die.
Speaker 2: You watch the one that's the thing is death, Like you want to cheat me, guess what I'm gonna give you the craziest death.
Speaker 1: It's a little bit more like the first one. There was the there was the the bus kill that was pretty public, but then like you know.
Speaker 2: They talk about them all on the news.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm saying like, like death is usually not showing off these deaths for everyone, except for like the initial kill. But like it's the first one, like the teacher dies kind.
Speaker 2: Of alone, the guy the shower, the shower.
Speaker 1: The shower scene, uh yeah, and then like it's just trying to kill people subtly. But no, this one, it's like, yeah, like that guy's gonna get a fucking ladder outside, this guy's gonna get a plate on him when you get to the farm. Everyone's just dying in front of everyone.
Speaker 2: There right outside.
Speaker 1: She'll never believe it. Our targets are right outside the death factory. I'm so glad we put our death factory next to that farm. So yeah, uh he dies. Uh cheer cheer clear checks herself out of the asylum to help them, idiot, and she's like, I know a guy that we can go too, And they go to Tony Todd, who conveniently has the rich guy's body there these yanked nipple piercings out of him. But they go to get him, uh information from him, and he tells her. He's like, there's no escaping death. He's like I cheated it all the times, and he's like how long it might be? Taking a break now. But but he tells them that only new life can be death. But he doesn't really give him a lot of information on how to interpret that. Uh but he doesn't. Yeah, so's he's given them hints, but he's not really spelling things out. I like that he calls the girl her name, It's like, how do you know that? He just cuts Well, the scene literally ends with him going and it cuts and I'm like, oh, how do you know my name? And I think that's the last time we see Tony Todd. He has a voice cameo in the third one. Really I don't know that, but from what I remember, I don't think he appears in four or five. Hi, everyone, Tony from the future here. I forgot. Tony Todd is in the last Final Destination movie Final Destination five. He's like a coroner in it, because you know it was a prequel. So yeah, I was wrong. He did show up again in person in one of these sequels. Back to the episode. I know they shot bloodlines. I don't know if he was involved with it or had a cameo, but we'll see. So. Yeah, so that's the thing. Only New Life can stop death to break the chain. Maybe. Uh So, now they're at a gas station. I like clear slapping the kid who's smoking at the gas station. She's like, what the fuck is wrong with you?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, his freaking reaction. I wanted to like murder him.
Speaker 1: And then uh she gets Yeah, he's like, suck on my junk or something like that. You're like, uh, Kimberly gets a vision of a girl in a van.
Speaker 2: He just keep getting these. Does she never get visions before this?
Speaker 1: I want to know, No, it seems like the vision stuff gets activated right before your potential death, but.
Speaker 2: No one else is having visions. She's the only one that has.
Speaker 1: Later on, when they're told to start looking for things, remember they see the guy with the hooks they start, She's the only one that gets actual premanenty. Yeah, only one of them gets actual premonitions. The other ones can see like like winks and clues, but they can't actually get full of visions.
Speaker 2: Never had them before, neither.
Speaker 1: Did the guy in the first one, right, I know.
Speaker 2: I'm just like, well, look.
Speaker 1: We'll wait for that prequel to come out to maybe explain why. So yeah, she's like there was a van and it was going the water. She's like the pregnant lady, uh had a van and she died. Maybe he didn't see it. So, by the way, I like that. Like, as this is going on, they're looking around the gas station and a million things are happening that could go wrong, and then nothing happens, which is also good see because like you see clear. She's like, okay, dogs are running, they're with a power line.
Speaker 2: There's like almost an accident, there's almost an action.
Speaker 1: She's like, oh my god, there's so many potential things that could go wrong, and then nothing goes.
Speaker 2: Wrong, and you kind of like sympathize with people that are actually like that in real life. Here too many final destination movies.
Speaker 1: So they were like, Okay, maybe the pregnant lady was supposed to die, so if we bring the baby that would not have been born into this world, is that the new life that could break the chain? That is their plan. I mean, not a lot to go off of. I think even the cop is like, I don't know, that's a stretch, and they're like, well we got nothing else. Yeah, so yeah, that is their plan going forward. Uh. The cop calls everyone to his place, and I like that cocaine guy just wants to touch someone's face and an elevator.
Speaker 2: It's weird.
Speaker 1: It's like, I get off, It's fine. He's like, let me just do it. Guys like get the fuck away from me. So ye, A motorcycle guy still doesn't believe in anything. Nope, He's like, now I don't believe any of this. And then death, well this is all happened, and death is like I'm gonna get clear. So like, uh, he drops his wallet, a ball goes into a mouse trap that he sends a canoe effort and she dodges. He's like, I should have seen that coming. Death is like out of ideas for her. He's like, maybe maybe the canoe will literally do a mouse trap, like a mouse trap at canoe. She's like, nah, she figured it out. He's like, all right, I'm gonna do this decapitation thing. We'll get back to clear. The cop was able to get the pregnant lady pulled over. He lies about the van being stolen, so he's like, Okay, we got that figured out. Motorcycle guy leaves with the sad mom who probably shouldn't have even gone to that meeting. She's probably got a lot of stuff to do.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: She literally says. She's like I have to prepare a funeral.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so sad, but also like what else she gonna like? She probably once answers to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh so, yeah, I like that. The cocaine guy goes into the closet and it's like every sharp sports object is like like the closet basically attacks him and he like falls. He's like, ah, Nora and motorcycle guy get into the elevator and there's just a man who has uh like hooks, like prosthetic lives. Yeah, with hooks. And since he spilled everything in the closet, the sports closet, he sees like coat hangers and the trophy with the guy, and he sees the chat, He's like, that looks like a man with hooks. We've had to mention the cop and camerly all gave him burner phones. Yeah, just in case. So this is one of the signs that they're looking at. The hook guy is just happened to be a pervert. He just like smelled like not even being like no motorcycle guy notices like, how does Nora not hear this?
Speaker 2: I know, I think she she's just so upset and she did take drugs right before this. Oh, she took it.
Speaker 1: I think santics are a valume.
Speaker 2: She took a valuume. But at the same time, like if someone's sniffing and you're that upset and you're like, you know, I don't even want to live anymore.
Speaker 1: I think it could be one of those things where it's like I took it as like.
Speaker 2: She's just like like freaked out, but like I'm.
Speaker 1: Not even gonna it could be one of those things where it's.
Speaker 2: Just like everything else. I'm like this guy sniffing my hair, I'm about to get off the elevator, like everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah that she's weighing the pros and guy and like, oh, if he's just gonna stick the sniffing, I should be fine.
Speaker 2: I think it was just like she just doesn't care about anything anymore.
Speaker 1: Like, uh, but I like that they call her and they're just like, there's a man with hooks that's going to kill.
Speaker 2: You if he didn't say this again, Yeah, that's the So that's like, I'm gonna give you a vision so you can freak out.
Speaker 1: So she doesn't know that her hair has caught the hook, she gets freaking.
Speaker 2: Even though if that happened, you're not freaking out, you're just you might be real freaked out, like you're just clipping you're done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well she's panicking. So she's panicking. She gets stuck in the elevator. This is the only elevator in the world that if it hates you, it doesn't open right back up.
Speaker 2: And the fact that the prosthetic arm just doesn't pop out of the pile. Yeah, well then you could just take it, untangle it real fast, and throw it out.
Speaker 1: With her, so, uh, they're trying to help her. Her head stuck clear and uh, cigarette lady are trying to help her. They're on the outside.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And then she gets a resident evil on Yes she does, which is funny because Ali Larter ended up being the resident Evil movies.
Speaker 2: I I love her every time I see her, I think more resident Evil than I think to Finally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, really I do. She's only in like two I think I.
Speaker 2: Know, but.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I think because she's such a badass.
Speaker 1: She's so hot.
Speaker 2: I mean, she's hot in this, but she's like even hotter.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: Nah, I don't know. To me, she has more of an iconic present in that movie Evil.
Speaker 1: I don't know anyway. Uh. So Nora gets decapitated, and I love the hook guys like ah because he did not wake up that day expecting a lady's head to be cut off. No.
Speaker 2: The thing is, it's like Death is seriously controlling that elevator because it's like, yeah, fuck you, fuck you.
Speaker 1: And motorcycle guy is pissed. He's yelling at Death. He's like, fuck it, I'm not gonna give depth this satisfaction. I'm gonna blow my own brains out. He gets the gun and he pulls it and it's just like was it empty? And he's like no, it's low, fully loaded, Like oh they're all dude, He's like, all six in a row. This fired. And then she tells her like it's not your turn. So, which, by the way, if I hear this, I'm like, oh, I'm superman.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what I would think.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I can. I can literally do anything as long as I'm not. Next.
Speaker 2: Do you jump out of a fucking window and survive?
Speaker 1: I would? I'm like death, give me a couple months. I want to, like I'm gonna be a stutman, Like how?
Speaker 2: But then again, yeah, are you we see later? Like can you just end up in a hospital suffering?
Speaker 1: That's true?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Can you just become a vegetable until it's time for you to die?
Speaker 1: If that could, yeah, that would be the thing thing. But yeah, pregnant lady is yelling at the sheriff and her water breaks and he's like, she's like, I can't stay in jail. He's like, but I don't have a car. She's like, well use my van. And this is like right after the cops like don't worry I got her in a jail cell. She can't even drive her van. So okay, it's a little comedic that they set it up and that happens right after. So they find out in this car ride that they're all connected to the previous victims in the first movie, which I don't hate. So it was so Kimberly was looking at a news story of the kid who hung himself in the shower and I like that. She's like, that doesn't make sense. I'm like, it didn't really make a lot of sense. I I was trying to frame it as a suicide, but I didn't make a lot of sense. That's a weird way to hang yourself. But she's she's like, I was listening to that story and I was late, and my mom like got held up and got shot. So that's like her connection of the motorcycle guys. Like I had to fill in for a teat I left school to fill in for another teacher who was the teacher who died in the first one, and the guy who was at the school got killed instead of him. What was the other one? Oh the cocaine. I was in Paris and something was gonna happen.
Speaker 2: It sounded so fake when he started saying, and I was like, is he just making up a story so he feels inclusive?
Speaker 1: But yeah, he so there was something with him. The thing crushed him, crushed the dude Carter. No, no, no, no no. It was the very end of the first one, the sign that killed. So he's like, yeah, that happened. I almost died. And then that guy got killed. And then a cigarette girl ship what was hers? Oh, she was on her way to oh, there was a bed and breakfast in Pa, she said, where there was a gas leak, but she wasn't there because her bus hit a girl, which is the girl from the first room. So they all were supposed to die. What about the cop Oh, he was investigating the train incident that killed Sean Williams Scott while his partner. So they were all supposed to die in different things. But since the people in the first movie cheated death and these people were pulled from their scenario, it's like.
Speaker 2: That's just kind of like, you know what, We're just gonna like slide them aside.
Speaker 1: At the death Factory, they're like, okay, we have a problem. Uh, they survived, and I fucked up this other one they're like, hey, so we're planning a pile up. Is there a way we can get them on the pile up? And they're like good, this is perfect. Pilot will take care of them. And they're like bad news. Another there's another girl with division. They go, mother, god, damn it. Okay, all right, uh spaghetti.
Speaker 2: Factory and they're at a boardroom right now with a like okay, here is the chart. This is how this one dies.
Speaker 1: But wait across there and then like the maybe death in this movie is like a new guy who's really trying to show off and then your emotion.
Speaker 2: Because he knows this death guy death guy Tom.
Speaker 1: He's just he's like, I got it. They're like magnet in the food. He's like, oh, then there'll be a fire that burns. Do you think, okay, no, no, no, no no. So then his hand gets stuck in the garbage spot, and the older deaths are like so then he gets cut up. Now he falls down a ladder and breaks his back. He slips on the spaghetti like, all right, you're really over complicating this, buddy, Just kill them.
Speaker 2: So what I think at the death Factory is there are about five or six people a sign to one person.
Speaker 1: They all want to get their ideas kill off.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, if this is gonna kill them all, right, let's see what happened.
Speaker 1: There are no bad ideas, like oh god, damn it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're like, you know what, No, you want to be dramatic. This is what's gonna happen. So I think there's like probably seven people assigned to each death per.
Speaker 1: We got some great death scenarios cooking up with the death factory. Oh no, another vision?
Speaker 2: Fuck yeah, death Bob, what you got?
Speaker 1: Death Dan? What you got?
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know why I'm naming them all, like.
Speaker 1: Okay. So, uh, their car gets a flat and then they crash into a farm. There's like a big accident. A PVC pipe goes through the car, almost kills smoking lady and then like a piece of blood goes through the car and so she's pinned. Almost good time.
Speaker 2: He didn't say wait do we say.
Speaker 1: Why because pregnant ladies van like they have the flat, they swerve out of the way. A pregnant lady, uh, pregnantly. He's like, give me the hospital. Just leave those people. Take of them. They're on the friendliest farm in the world.
Speaker 2: Apparently, so yeah, pipe goes right and almost through her head. Yes, which is fine, but the log also pins her in.
Speaker 1: Yes, and then uh the kid another fucking log. Yeah, so she's stuck. They're out. Oh and the motorcycle guy got stabbed, so they're taking him.
Speaker 2: Was that through the PBC Ye, because.
Speaker 1: There was a bunch of PVC one of them stabbed and just.
Speaker 2: Happened to be cut super jagged the cutting these PVC.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe they were like and then the crash jagged. I don't know, but he's injured. They're getting him to the hospital. She stuck in the car. Everyone else is out. The kid who's on the farm only gets almost gets hit by the news van remember this, Yes, and cocaine guy grabs him out of the way.
Speaker 2: What news van? It almost hits someone? Like, you're not really on a I don't think they were even on a road. They're just driving through the farm.
Speaker 1: But I like this because I think they just happen to be by and they're like, oh shit, a pile up. Let's film it, or not a pilot but like there was an accident, let's film It's a newscaster.
Speaker 2: Though I would be following these people, I would be stalking.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's like a deleted thing where like the news was following then because they're like, oh they survived the thing, we got to follow them.
Speaker 2: That this movie, it's like there's just news media just following these people. It would be that would be an interesting final destinations.
Speaker 1: Like Nightcrawler where they look for accidents, but with final destination. That'd be cool anyway. So I love this because she's like afraid the thing is gonna blow up. She's afraid her car is gonna blow up, and she tells the kids like, can you check for gas? Check for a leak. He's like I think it's fine. I think it's fine. So she's like okay, okay. So then she has to smoke and it's funny. So the news van backs up, cuts its oil thing and starts leaking fluid. In between, this cocaine guy goes to Kimberly. He's like, if I die, he gives her like his wallet and his keys. He's like, could you throw out my drugs and paraphernalia and poor now He's like anything that would upset my mom. And she's like yeah, that's okay, I'll keep you feel like ok yeah, So smoking girl, uh, still smoking fuels, getting closer, and you're like, all right, she's gonna blow up. She's gonna blow up. The firefighters get here and they got like the jaws of life, and I like that it's loud. She's like, oh, it's really od. She's like, yeah, I'll put it on quiet.
Speaker 2: You shouldn't that's hilarious.
Speaker 1: You shouldn't have been so snarky. So again, your mind is going to explosion for her. Yes, it's the thing sets off, the air bag throws her head right through the pipe. She actually gets it pretty easy. That's kind of like quick and done.
Speaker 2: She gets it quick and easy. Yeah, an upcoming one that we're about to mention.
Speaker 1: Good. Yeah, two of them get it pretty quick and easy at the same time.
Speaker 2: Well the first one, the first one that's quick and easy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well anyway, hold on, how many of.
Speaker 2: Them suffer except like the head being decapitated.
Speaker 1: Yea was rough. So yeah, So she she gets pulled through the head and it's like, okay, I thought she was gonna blow up, and then her cigarette falls hits the fuel that goes to the news van. The news van blows up, and if.
Speaker 2: It is we're at the death factory. We were like, let's do something real.
Speaker 1: It's like okay, and then does like a piece of the van kill him in the explosion. No no, no, no, no, no no, get this, get this. The fence with barb wire gets up and slice them. They're like, don't but there's someone there, Like is that I don't even know that that's how that would work. They're like, well, we got the loves of byss. Yes, it's the bar wire and.
Speaker 2: Tri sex his it's like final destination almost go ship like.
Speaker 1: And I love how they did the fact where he's wearing like a green s so I like how they did this effect. So he's like in a green outfit but the top and then they have two other parts and they did it against.
Speaker 2: The and like you kind of see him like and like kind of bubble like and then just collapse.
Speaker 1: You're like, this is horrifying. So then Kimberly gets a vision and she thinks a nurse or doctor is going to strangle pregnant lady.
Speaker 2: Yes, and they see that. She sees the name text super clearly.
Speaker 1: Yeah. She's like, we have to go to the hospital and look for that nurse. Motorcycle guy is in the er and they just have a TV running where he learns about the explosion on the farm and he's like, oh'll son up a bit, and then death starts filling the room up with guess and this is like filling on tubes and like yanking the cord out little bit and shutting all the ventilation. It's like death is real and he can't move it.
Speaker 2: All and it is crazy until later like you're like, why there isn't about it, like if something gets unplugged.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just happens to yeah, and like his well, like as it's happening, is like his life support gets cut off, so he starts suffocating.
Speaker 2: Saying like, hey, we can control the wind.
Speaker 1: I guess I guess the wind power.
Speaker 2: Do they have like a connection it like a partnership?
Speaker 1: Well, I remember the first kill. They never really do anything like this again. The first kill in the first movie was like the liquid comes and makes them slip, but then it goes back in the toilet. That was like the most supernatural and I think they changed their mind on how death worked later in that movie.
Speaker 2: And it's yeah, they might have partnerships with like liquid it like with water, like the elements they have partnerships with the.
Speaker 1: Elements the water. The water company's gonna let us use the water.
Speaker 2: That's how they make so much money.
Speaker 1: So his rooms being filled with guests, Kimberly looks for the dock. Clear looks for Eugene. His name was Eugene, by the way. It wasn't till late in the movie. I was like, oh, I guess y.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you go from motorcycle guy to Eugene motorcycle guy.
Speaker 1: Death is still messing up his equipment. They stop the doctor who was supposed to be there to save the baby because the baby's got the cord wrapped around it, and you think the baby's gonna be dead because they screwed up. But all is well. The baby is born. Everyone's happy. Eugene's life support turns back on the battery power. He's like, everyone is happy. They go to Clear and they're like celebrating, like we did it. Yeah. Uh. And then Kimberly is like, wait a minute, I'm getting more of my vision. She's like, oh shit, pregnant lady was never in the pile up. Then she gets the van vision again and the doctor and she's not really sure what it means. Uh. The celebration is cut early because Clear finds Eugene. She opens up the door and I guess the oxygen mixed with the spark just blows and you see her face melt and then just launch her down the all way. Jesus, you think she was gonna be at all of these Like, Nope, they kept her around just to kill her off. It was pretty good. That shocked me when I saw it the first time, because I'm like, well, she survived the first movie. Yeh, Normally you would die at the beginning of the movie, but like, nope, boom she's dead. So yeah, they both get fried. Kimberly's like, I got it. I got the New Life planned. She's like I She sees the ambulance and that's the actual white fan. She sees her hands bloody because she's like someone with bloody hands, So she's like, I know what I'm gonna do. I'm going to drown myself so that doctor will be forced to bring me back to life and then that will be the new life that stops the chain. So she does it. She drives, the cop brings her out, They bring her back to life. Everything is good. They did it. They technically beat death. We never hear of them in the sequels, so we have to assume they did it, that they beat death.
Speaker 2: So you got fired at the death factory.
Speaker 1: Yeah, again, he was getting a little too wacky with his ideas.
Speaker 2: Death Tom was not death Tom's the one that said, hey, listen, she's gonna drown. Do you think they have actually a partnership with premonitions because if she didn't have that premonition, she wouldn't have done that.
Speaker 1: I don't know. That's a rival, that's a competitor. I guess that's the life definition first, that's the life factor. The life factory is the one setting the premonitions to screw for the death.
Speaker 2: But the left does the life factory. Then But but do you think death factory might have gotten the plans from the life factory?
Speaker 1: Do they have an insider like at the life factory.
Speaker 2: That's how they're able to be like, we're going to show them the hook I death factory.
Speaker 1: Big, God damn it.
Speaker 2: Anyway, that's how they're like, you know what, we're gonna fuck with them because.
Speaker 1: They saw that I got we got death planned for the pile up. We're gonna get this girl the vision. It's gonna screw it up and we're gonna get that baby board. We both have an insider because that's how we know that they got it. We're gonna give them misleading premonitions that'll confuse the girl that help so so life Factory is like, they're gonna kill them with pigeons. Let's tell the girl they're gonna kill them the pigeons and death factories, Like they took the bait. The pigeons are actually distraction and they're preventing it is gonna actually kind of exactly. This is great anyway. So they're all partying with the farm owners. I guess they just became friends with the farm people. Yeah. They're like yeah, it's months later, like how you doing, Like great people we met one day when everyone died. We're all just.
Speaker 2: At a barbecue now, like traumatized, they're just like, let's have a monthly.
Speaker 1: The girl brought it dadually, Dad, you know I'm not dead. These people who at the farm where everyone died, we to go hang out with and scene Literally this I love it. I love this. They're just like hanging ound. They're like, yeah, it was a close call, and the kids like tell them about my close call and they're like what. They're like, yeah, I almost got ran over a van, but your friend helped them. And they're like, oh ship. I love I love that they don't even build up to it. That's all you get and it just cuts to it's obviously a dummy at the part, just.
Speaker 2: Like that was the funniest part.
Speaker 1: So stupid. It's the toughest ending of her. I love it. I love this. I love this franchise. But I was a little let down with like three and four, like they were okay.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, but three traumatized because in high school my mom used to tell me I was sickly pale and like say, like go to the Tan Salon because she was addicted. Yeah, so I went to the did the Playboy stick her to? I was that girl? But yeah, after I saw that movie, I was petrified, especially with I swear to god, I would go into the tantalon. I didn't like the stand up once because you shut the door fully, yeah, and if you have the goggles on, you can't really see any what Like I would also close my eyes and all of a sudden, like the lights go out and you can't see. You're completely blind. For a second because all the lights go out because you're just staring at them. And then you're like looking for the door because there's no clear door and you're looking. You're like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Fuck.
Speaker 2: And then with the laid down ones, there's like a little bit of a gap and I'm like, Okay, if I all stuck, can I go through this gap?
Speaker 1: Okay. Look, when it comes to horror movies, the only Tanning scene I like is I still know what you did last summer. We're Jennier, I love you, Jennifer love You. It gets into her brown bannies and I'm like, I'm all the commentary track I did with Tricia years ago. I have like a heart attack during that part. I'm like, oh my god, really like Jennifer love You just going back. So, Yes, I love this one. This is like the gold standard of Final Destination movie.
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely, they like.
Speaker 1: The first one's playing around a bit like you. Like you said, they have like the shadowy figure that first kill doesn't match the rest of the other kills. They were still toying with the idea. This one is a little bit more focused. It knows the rules now, it's figured it out, and it it's got it, it's got the formula down. It also works as a good sequel companions, so the first one, I think, whereas they become more self contained later on.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think this is a fantastic top ten maybe even top five sequels.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, it's really really good. And like I mentioned in like our Owmen review, well, some of the reason I like this movies because the kills are so similar to a lot of the omen kills.
Speaker 2: Uh, we never we did the do we We did an episode where it was like top sequels.
Speaker 1: Right, No, we did Child's Play too. We said it's the best slasher sequel.
Speaker 2: Didn't We have an episode with Joe where we said best oh, maybe the best remakes. We've done so many episodes.
Speaker 1: We did like John Carpenters with Joe. We did best Dune movies. But we didn't do just best sequels in general.
Speaker 2: We should do best sequels.
Speaker 1: We'd be here all day long. We probably covered a bunch of them.
Speaker 2: Best horror sequels.
Speaker 1: I mean Howling three. There you go, we went sequels Howling three, I mean tubes happen.
Speaker 2: And then we do worst sequels.
Speaker 1: I mean we do sequels for like the Halloween ones, although we're out of it now. Next year it's best Halloween six because it's just two cuts of the one. Yeah, anyway, I love this movie. I had to talk about these for the rest of the year. Uh yeah, it was a good time. Revisit it. Crystal, Where can we find you in Florida? Give us your address? No?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Okay, never mind.
Speaker 2: I have social media Twitter, Instagram, ort I'm sorry X Instagram.
Speaker 1: Are you on Blue Sky?
Speaker 2: No, I'm not.
Speaker 1: I made a Blue Sky.
Speaker 2: I saw that it was worse than threads.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's my only post on there.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I got to figure out a way where I can just send tweets to their.
Speaker 2: I deleted threads because I was like this, I don't need this.
Speaker 1: Oh it's terrible. No, And then you would think, like Facebook Instagram would have figured it out, and like, how did you guys drop the ball on this? Yeah, one you relate to the game and so you drop the ball is hard. But Blue Sky is just like everything I hated about like twenty seventeen to twenty twenty Twitter, Like, I hate it, but it's going.
Speaker 2: To be like one of those where we tried getting off of Twitter before we made like three other different master on Yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was a bunch of them. I'm going to figure out like a plug in where i could just forward.
Speaker 2: My tweets are people are actually on it?
Speaker 1: People are on it, we'll see for how long?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because the same thing happened with threads.
Speaker 1: My favorite. Other people would make their profiles like follow me on Blue Sky and they're like, I'm done here, but then they're still tweeting.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I don't feel like building a following again, Like they're like, hey, I'm gonna be the first one on here.
Speaker 1: But the reason I did is because, like someone put in my head, they're like, what if someone else makes a hack of the movies one? And I'm like, ah, fuck, I better get on there.
Speaker 2: Yo, I'm gonna make a master Town hack. I control all of it.
Speaker 1: Oh no, all point five people will see it. But yeah, follow Crystal please like, share a subscribe, sign up for the Patreon book me on Cameo.
Speaker 2: I'm on Cameo too. I completely forgot and I think I got two requests and completely forgotted. I didn't realize they expired because I saw them and they said expired, and I was like, fuck, well.
Speaker 1: That's great, U great job.
Speaker 2: CAMEO do it? Because I'm actually paying attention now anyway?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's uh, I think this comes out, Yeah, this comes out early January. I guess follow me to see where I will be showing up this year.
Speaker 2: Where are we going?
Speaker 1: I can actually I'm debating in March going to MegaCon in Virginia. I've never tried it or not? Is it no Galaxy con in Virginia. I've heard good things about it. I think in February, not at convention. I'm just going out to LA to hang out with Dick Masterson and whatnot.
Speaker 2: Are you coming to Florida to uh do a podcast.
Speaker 1: With Royce at some point? At some point I will be down there. But yeah, so follow us so you know where we will be. Because is there so many times where like I'll post the thing, they're like, oh I lived near there, I didn't know you were going to be there. I'm like I could in the bat like that happened with the Pittsburgh It's at Rochester.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I couldn't have advertised the more than I possibly did.
Speaker 2: Nearly asked where should I go in these areas?
Speaker 1: On all the socials and the YouTube community tabs, So please pay attention so you can find out when you can see me. I don't want to hear any show. Listen.
Speaker 2: I think you they're paying attention to where to not go. That's why they're like, oh, I was gonna go to that convention.
Speaker 1: And if you work at the Death Factory, make Crystal's death tiger related so she can get a tiger. She can see a tiger. I saw a tiger. It's mulling me to in here.
Speaker 2: That's the only tiger I see those, the one that kills me.
Speaker 1: That's like, yeah, yellow Ranger is technically a sabertoothed tiger.
Speaker 2: That doesn't count.
Speaker 1: Goodbye everyone. Remember to like, comment, and subscribe. Check out our other videos and Patreon page. Talk about tapes