Speaker 1: You are about to witness amazing Emo has coming. Living Money's Frosty of all times. Yes, my bow suck on you bow down to mer master.
Speaker 2: Then you did it, Then you did it. I got where you did.
Speaker 3: Allowed to play, allowed to play? Allowed you nay, come to play, sister wolf in the.
Speaker 2: The sun is rising.
Speaker 4: Don oh wake up, wake.
Speaker 5: Up now, don't gore. We're all here to show you.
Speaker 4: How Jenna Witz horses grow station K and bo Ti Homer go.
Speaker 5: This is it's a fan mushy.
Speaker 2: Don't turn taptile jus wait and see. Are you ready? Are you ready to John? It's time to start.
Speaker 1: To show plasticks my client about PSST.
Speaker 2: It's a big man Mars show.
Speaker 5: Welcome to the organ week.
Speaker 4: It's on such a wre kick back, makes up that jump in and make it hardcore and you're with me and then mess pick jup drsul there line you're on the.
Speaker 2: Air now all your last day, last day, Good morning, It's the Big Mad Morning Show. Toll free eight three three four six O K M O D.
Speaker 6: Can also text BMMS and then what you want to say to eight two nine four five listen online the website that rockskmo d dot com. Past shows are available on iTunes search under b m MS. Listen with your cell phone. Get the iHeartRadio app, available from the app store of your cell phone provider.
Speaker 2: More on that at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 6: And we're on Facebook, Facebook dot com, slash bmms six nine. That's where you can hang out with us each and every day. Good morning, Lindsay, good good morning, good morning.
Speaker 7: We got tickets to Highly Suspect and Smoking Guns eleven. Highly Suspect is gonna be able to tell Us Theater on June second. Get to your tickets for that at tells Theater dot com. And then tickets to Smoking Guns eleven, which is Saturday at the Bok Center. Tickets available Bokcenter dot com.
Speaker 2: We got listener emails.
Speaker 6: This is where you can send a question about something you're going through and get advice to do that show at kmod dot com.
Speaker 2: We've got to tell the truth. It's your chance get to know the show better.
Speaker 6: Ask any question that you want that's coming up at nine, and then uh, we get to start the day the same way we ended the day yesterday. I can't think in the history of the show that this has ever happened. I've never arted the show the next day, well, the twenty hour maybe, but like right, the show never ended technically.
Speaker 2: So I think that's different.
Speaker 6: But last yesterday, when we ended the show, we were talking about how there's.
Speaker 2: This local company.
Speaker 6: Somebody brought it up to us and we had no idea they even existed. Apparently they are TikTok Darlings ah, and we mentioned that we'd love for them to reach out to us. And Gimpy was leaving yesterday and they were waiting for him in the hallway yep, and they gave us a gift pack of nut butters. Yeah, which shows evolve so much, but uh, strawberry cake.
Speaker 2: Right, we're trying these right now? Okay, all right, well I'm coming in there.
Speaker 6: Normally Gimpy's like, I don't know if i'll come in there. Thank you get ripping out the butters, and he's like, I'm in.
Speaker 2: I'm in.
Speaker 6: Uh, so we'll try these nut butters. This is a local company. They raise money for Saint Jude's. Obviously, you don't need me to tell you that. That's awesome. So I'm trying these strawberries. Oh my gosh, they're patient. Yeah, yeah, yeah, they came with the fancy spoons in there.
Speaker 2: I noticed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, but I think you're on the right track by using because we're gonna be triple dipping these things.
Speaker 2: But aren't the spoons bad ass? Peanut butterspoon? Yeah, I ate it straight from the jar spoon.
Speaker 6: Oh, so this is the strawberry gig strawberry cake. Okay, this one is peanut butter cup peanut butter.
Speaker 2: That's I'm gonna lose a foot by the end of the segment. Yeah, this is the culprit that really good peanut butter cup peanut butter. Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 5: Nice. Oh my gosh, just to look at them.
Speaker 6: That one's amazingly good. And which one is this one here that she's got peanut butter nut butter. Okay, okay, that is ridiculously good. Yeah, and this is rainbow nut butter.
Speaker 5: This is what divorces and breakups and funerals are made out of.
Speaker 1: Like, this is what you want to Yeah, oh my god. Okay, so this next one is gimp. He's trying the peanut butter nut butter chocolate.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you want a new spoon too late?
Speaker 1: No, I already know this is a different spoon godlessen, I got this. I've eaten plenty of buffets. I know you guys swamp on your dam utensils.
Speaker 2: So I like animal crackers, but I don't like flavored animal crackers ones that have like icing and stuff on them. But I know a lot of people do. And that's what this one is. This is circus animal keep butter, peanut butter.
Speaker 5: It's actually the only cookie that I do enjoy with icing.
Speaker 2: That is that is rich Well, I like that. Yeah, I got a stack a step. I'll take this on your You guys are onto something, yeah, rainbow nut butter. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: These these ladies, they they hooked it up. I don't know which one came up with the idea. Maybe it's a combination of both of them.
Speaker 2: I don't know. But they got it.
Speaker 1: They got it unlocked. Now I could tell you. I mean maybe I shouldn't you dump it if you need to. But you can't get this in stores. You cannot buy it in the store anywhere.
Speaker 2: You have to go on order it. So reads.
Speaker 1: If you know the gas station in town, they have some readers over there on like fifteenth, do they? Because I asked her yesterday, because I'm curious. I was like, can I get this in the stores anywhere? She said, no, strictly online or the TikTok shop. I'm like, okay, that's that that that that that that twin, that that twins.
Speaker 2: Yeah huh yeah, okay. Yeah.
Speaker 1: When we were looking online yesterday at their their flavors, that was one that stuck out too, because I like, I like twigs.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I like peanut butter. That is a twist one that I just opened. That Lindsay's trying well.
Speaker 5: I was hoping not to get a giant. I guess there's no helping it.
Speaker 6: And then I'm saving the two that I think are gonna be the best for last, which is crazy because the ones we just tried.
Speaker 2: How ridiculous is that it's so good? No, no, no, no, just exactly that.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, only a four hour show.
Speaker 6: God, okay, okay, I guess we're gonna have to fight for these. Yeah right, this is the brownie peanut butter.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, okay, come on, just give me, give it to me.
Speaker 5: I really do feel like I my sugar just went.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, holy cow, holy cow. You we haven't had one that isn't good. No, mm hmm.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, dude, our kids, if they were listening right now, they'd be so jealous. They can't have you.
Speaker 2: More for you.
Speaker 5: So Rainbow Butter, peanut butter and brownie.
Speaker 1: Mm.
Speaker 2: Rainbow Nut Butter is the company, and they dropped off some gift packs. They dropped off six different ones, and they raise money for Saint Jude's.
Speaker 6: Rainbow Butter on socials. And so this is this is the last one we're going to try. Do buy chocolate bar.
Speaker 1: That's the one that you guys say is really good. Made out to buy chocolate, is not. I just assume that that one's good.
Speaker 5: Shut your face, slap your mama. Good.
Speaker 2: I'm looking forward to that one. I have not had any of this. Do buy chocolate. So it's pistachio nun butter, and then it's got chocolate, of course, and then it's got corilla or something like that. It's a little pieces of crunchy falafel dough or something like that thin dough that's real crispy. Okay, right, that one's stupid.
Speaker 5: This is better than sex.
Speaker 2: Calm down there. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. You don't have good sex. You don't change it.
Speaker 5: This is so damn good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll fork it over there, lady, come on out.
Speaker 5: I mean someone did text us in yesterday and said that this one was their best one, and they were not lying. That is so damn good.
Speaker 6: Is the other ones they sent sent us cookie, cookies and cream, peanut butter, cookie butter and peanut butter, caramel, spice crunch, toffee.
Speaker 2: I love toffee.
Speaker 5: That Dubai chocolate though, that is perfection in a jar.
Speaker 2: Nutut buddies. So this looks like no nutter butters.
Speaker 6: The little little Debbie snacks, it looks like they made a nut butter out of it.
Speaker 2: And then this one. If you like that one, lindsay, do you buy caramel brownie crunch?
Speaker 5: Oh? Hal and you heard my explosion on the brownie and peanut butter one? Oh you're gonna go there?
Speaker 2: Yes, I love caramel mm hmm. And that do buy crunch isn't that bad?
Speaker 5: That's delicious?
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 6: Oh my goodness. There's a lot going on there. So we like the brownie, we like caramel, we like to Dubai. This is all those mixed together.
Speaker 2: Hell y oh my, what's happening?
Speaker 5: Our lives are changing?
Speaker 2: Ash Oh, this Okay, do yourself a favor.
Speaker 6: Go find these people, try them. You won't be mistaken. I would say, if you're going to a friend's house, buy a jar this and take it to them. Oh yeah, this is a hell of a gift. Hell of a gift.
Speaker 2: Get your box of spoons. Just gather around you all to dig in.
Speaker 6: Guys, you want to date night, go buy one of these and show up to your date and just spoons.
Speaker 2: You will wind dramatically. How great is that one?
Speaker 6: You knew it was gonna be good because all of them are regular jars with white tops, and that one's got a blacktop. You're like, oh, this one's going to be bigger than the rest, to be more than you can handle.
Speaker 2: I'll be the judge of there. There is. There is Reddit videos on the on these. Okay, all right, you're not.
Speaker 1: A huge sweets guy too, either, so here you go. These are pretty good is a big statement.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I get my sweet tooth every now and again, and that's definitely something. I'd be sitting on a couch after daylight yesterday, just zoned out. I'll probably eat the whole thing in one setting. I'd be miserable, but it'd be worth it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you you know, you'd have protein that was really really good. Yeah, that was a good way to start today. Rainbow best opening segment we've ever had. Rape, We've drink some.
Speaker 6: Okay, Rainbow Nut Butter is the company. Look for him. They're on TikTok. We're gonna make a video for these because they were so nice to bring these out to us and they that was really nice that they took.
Speaker 2: The time to bring something to us.
Speaker 5: Best morning ever.
Speaker 6: They benefit Saint Jude's, which is if you know anything about Saint Jude's, they're amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh my gosh. Now we just got figure. We're gonna split those up. We're gonna have to blind pole. We're gonna have to arm wrestle. Hey, okay, how about a.
Speaker 1: Leg wrestle instead, because I'm about a bit of a disadvantage for the arm wrestling.
Speaker 5: Like that's fine.
Speaker 6: Yeah, first, all right, we got to take a break. It is Tuesday, so that means listener emails. We've got tickets to give away to see Highly Suspect. Thank you so much to Rainbow Nut Butter. Delicious Nut Butters. Look for them online. Get them. And I don't know why Groce stores aren't carrying this even as a one off special. For real, it's pretty amazing rainbow nut butter look for them. Will take a break and we'll be back.
Speaker 5: What what my story's missing?
Speaker 6: All right, I'm sure you'll figure it out. Let's go ahead and get started with news quikies.
Speaker 2: It's time for newsquakies.
Speaker 1: World news, local news and news that just makes you say, what the Here's Corbyn, gimme and Lindsay with what's going on newsquakies from the Big nd Morning, showing.
Speaker 2: First can be well.
Speaker 1: A man has been arrested after assaulting neighbor over schnitzel preparation.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: This comes out of Geminy, where police were called on a Saturday night because a sixty one year old man got pissed at his neighbor over the noise he heard of his schnitzel preparation. Now, according to this not a lot of details, but it is a fun story regardless. The guy, sixty one year old dude, goes over to his neighbor's apartment, He insults him, He slaps him in the face because apparently he was fed up with the sound of the man beating his meat. Because that's how you got to prepare his stitzel. Yeah, right, And that's about as far as it goes. The man was arrested. They didn't give any other details on the charges or the injuries, but the fact that an old man.
Speaker 2: Said, yeah, I'm tired if you pounding your beef over there, pork, pork, beef, meat schnitzel. Right.
Speaker 1: Sure, We've only had an authentic schnitzel at least one time.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I didn't ask her what it was made out of, whether it was pork, beef, chicken, whatever, but it was good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was good.
Speaker 5: Sour crowd is with schnitzel, isn't it usually?
Speaker 2: Or is it put everything? I don't think so, I don't. I don't think so.
Speaker 1: It's like cottage cheese in Germany. They just kind of put it on everything. Uh yeah maybe yeah. No, Schnitzel's just a fried thing, yeah, fried meats, cutlet of meat, a fried cutlet.
Speaker 2: So it didn't have to be pork, no, apparently. So yeah, I've always had it with pork.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, so good little schnitzel. Samon Ciggy's does a schnitzel.
Speaker 2: That is wildly what don't they do good? Yeah? To go there for lunch? Yeah, yes, okay.
Speaker 5: Panel finds nurse had noisy sex breaks while on the job. A disciplinary panel has taken Nurse Kate Sullivan off their roster of mental health nurses due to behavior they found to be unprofessional. So it seems that miss Kate was having a relationship with a colleague that hadn't been disclosed even though she'd been prompted to a facility's ward manager. During breaks, she and that coworker would take intimate breaks and even have loud sex on the premises. Yeah. Well this In addition, she called another coworker a lazy see you next Tuesday. That led to the decision to move on from her. You can't walk here anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Apparently her coworkers would say that she would leave and say I'm taking like five minutes, and she would be gone for thirty and then then they would hear her in the next room like screen and hitting the walls.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly exactly was she having sex with patients, No, it.
Speaker 5: Was with coworkers, one in particular, and then she would even tell the other patient or another coworker like that she was banging him and she told her higher ups that she was just she was just saying that so her other coworkers would would have conversations with her.
Speaker 2: Did he get in trouble? No, the men she was having sex.
Speaker 5: With, Nope, because they never talked about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that doesn't make any sense. That makes zero sense.
Speaker 1: So she got in trouble for talking about it, just joking, not the actual act of well.
Speaker 5: And apparently calling her other co workers that you're right.
Speaker 2: They don't love that.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: Is it an in the employee handbook you can't have sex at work?
Speaker 5: On? You know?
Speaker 1: I've never seen anything in any of the employee handbooks that I've ever been given where it says you can't have sex.
Speaker 2: Engage in sexual copulation quaitus.
Speaker 6: I uh, gotta be honest. I don't look for that limitation. I don't know if I look for a limitation at work, not employee handbook.
Speaker 1: At all, the way I see it there, all of them are basically the same handbooks, you know, And none of them, at least that I can remember, ever said you can't do it while you're at work. Maybe it's just like an unwritten rule, but she might have something here if there's no rules stating you cannot have sexual, you know, encounters at work.
Speaker 6: Yeah, then she might have a case, But as Lindsay pointed out, it may not. She may not have been removed because of having sex at work. She may have been removed from calling somebody ACU next Tuesday. Is there a rule in the handbook that says you can't call your co worker?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That is harassment? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, if he always overlooks that part people names, is harassment.
Speaker 2: Did she do it to her face or was it just like that, Jane.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna le that up to the HR department there to figure out, but either here nor there. If she didn't do it to her face and one person was like, yeah, she said it, and another one was like yep, I heard her, then that would be enough.
Speaker 2: Okay. Talking behind people's back is also not a great thing to do at work. But banging on the job, how about it?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: No statute about that.
Speaker 6: Bang Away bearsuit scammers plead no contest to felony. Insurance fraud sappened in LA where residents are accused of dressing up as bears and trashing luxury cars.
Speaker 2: They're now headed to jail. This week.
Speaker 6: Three of the suspects pleaded no contest to felony insurance fraud. They were sentenced to one hundred and eighty days in jail, which will be served incrementally through the weekend jail program. California Department of Insurance says they damaged luxury cars for insurance money. They submitted insurance claims in twenty four that defrauded companies of.
Speaker 2: Nearly one hundred and forty two thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: One of the suspects dressed up like a bear and crawled around three of the vehicles in view of security cameras. The bear suit was later found by authorities. It's a long way to go to try and sell a bit.
Speaker 2: Right to dress up in a bear costs for one hundred and forty two thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: But I mean it makes sense because if you're in playing clothes, be like, yeah, that's clearly a person that's doing that. But it's like, you know, think about the Bigfoot videos. They're always grainy, you know, it's not good quality.
Speaker 6: So it's like and there's no Bigfoot, so like there's there's this whole other part where you can go. It didn't work, so it wasn't that great of an idea.
Speaker 2: True, not that good of cons you costume anyway.
Speaker 6: I mean, I don't know how you would defraud the insurance company, but I don't think you do it by dressing up as a costume.
Speaker 2: And if you were, burn the costume.
Speaker 5: Right right, leave no evidence.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what's wrong with you? Watch a movie for God's sake? All right, we got to take a break and we'll be back.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the Big Mad Morning Show. I have some very weird MLB stats.
Speaker 6: Joe Demagio is remembered for his fifty six game hitting streak, which spent two months in nineteen forty one, and it remains the longest Major League Baseball his longest in Major League Baseball history by eleven games.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: Think about how they've considered.
Speaker 6: They've improved the technology on bats and balls and moved the outfield a bunch times.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 6: No other player has broken the fifty game barrier. Not since nineteen seventy eight has eclipsed forty games. It's a mark that may never be broken. Since nineteen seventy eight, nobody's even broken fifty.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's pretty cool stat to happen.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's not the only Demagio Ton braggin Wright's for an Ale East competitor eight years ago. Joe's run his brother Dom hit safely in thirty four straight games. That number is still tops in Boston Red Sox history. Dom will going to be notable eleven year career in Boston where he hit two ninety eight. His brother Joe, We're going to start him with the rival Yankees on his way to nine World Series titles in the Hall of Fame. I don't think I knew that Joe Demagio had a brother that played for the arch Enemy.
Speaker 2: No domb Dom Demas. Youre right, that's a lot.
Speaker 6: Mark Reynolds owns the record for the most strikeouts in a season with a batter. I'm sorry, as a batter. How many do you think that number is for the whole season?
Speaker 2: I have I have no clue idea.
Speaker 5: Yeah, say it again.
Speaker 2: Who owns the record for the most strikeouts in a season. Just say a number, It doesn't matter.
Speaker 6: Uh fifty, okay, GIMPI one hundred and six, two and twenty three. It's twenty seven strikeouts less than Joe Sewell and Willie Keeler totaled in their careers combined. And one year Reynolds uh nearly matched thirty three years of plate production. Seewell and Killer rank first and second major League Baseball in terms of lowest strikeout rate. Together, they totaled two hundred and fifty strikeouts across fifteen thousand, seven.
Speaker 2: Hundred at bats. Wow.
Speaker 6: Reynolds meanwhile went down on strikes two hundred and twenty three times at five hundred and seventy three at bats forty percent of the time. Right Phil Nicro was a Hall of Fame pitcher. You might remember him spending twenty one of his twenty four professional seasons with the Brids. His brother, Joe, had a lengthy putch pitching career that spanned longer than two decades. Again, I didn't know Phil Nicro had a brother. The two were teammates in Atlanta for a period of time in the seventies before Joe was sold to the Astros for thirty five thousand dollars. As rivals, they faced off of multiplications. At the time pitchers still hit in the National League. Necro batted three to sixteen against younger brother against his younger brother, but it was Joe that got the bragging rights. In nineteen seventy six, the younger sibling hit exactly one home run one home run in his major league baseball career, Wow, and it came off his brother in a four to three victory. The blast proved to be the difference in the ballgame. Joe Nicro picked up the winning the win, while Phil went home with a loss. I don't think I knew there were that many brothers that played Major League baseball.
Speaker 1: Apparently, Joe DiMaggio had a third brother, an older brother.
Speaker 2: Named Vince, and also played baseball.
Speaker 5: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: Played from thirty seven to forty six for the Pirates. Says. He was known for his power, but also his high strikeout rate. So out of the three.
Speaker 1: DiMaggio brothers, Joe's clearly the most famous.
Speaker 2: Rightfully so, they named a disease after him.
Speaker 5: That morning, Lindsay, good morning, Corbyn. Coming up at eight o'clock this morning. It's your first chance to rock the bank. That means your first chance to win a thousand dollars. Now you do have thirteen chances to win throughout the day. Be listening up until eight o'clock tonight. When you hear the keyword, you enter it to online at kmod dot to come.
Speaker 1: Good luck, good morning can be well, good morning corn. So Smoking Guns eleven's going down this Saturday at the Bok Center. If you want to see some public servants beat the s out of each other, this is it.
Speaker 2: This is the one. You can get your tickets at Bokcenter dot com. We'll see there time.
Speaker 6: First dead ass fake news. I'll read the headline. You tell me is a dead ass or fake news? The first one. The first ferris wheel was built in eighteen ninety three World's Fair in Chicago.
Speaker 2: Dead ass fake news.
Speaker 1: The first ferris wheel was built for the eighteen ninety three World's Fair in Chicago.
Speaker 5: I do believe it was for the World's Fair, but I think the year is off, So I'm gonna say fake news.
Speaker 2: Did you say eighteen ninety three? Yeah, dead ass, dead ass.
Speaker 6: George Washington Gale Ferris Junior created it to rival the Eiffel Tower's popularity. Wait, so our answer to the Eiffel Tower was a Ferris wheel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it didn't have to have be a home run, but you know we did something.
Speaker 6: Hey, an effort was made. Dead ass or fake news. Eating celery burns more calories than it contains.
Speaker 2: Dead ass. For fake news. Eating celery burns more calories than it contains.
Speaker 5: Dead ass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sounds about right.
Speaker 1: I remember my mom was when like weight Watchers was like the thing, and I remember she did that, and that was like a thing that was going around that they should do fake news. While celery is very low in calories, digesting it doesn't create a caloric deficit.
Speaker 2: Bummer, dead ass for fake news.
Speaker 1: The first fortune cookie was an invented was invented in San Francisco. Dead ass for fake news. The first fortune cookie was invented in San Francisco.
Speaker 5: I'll buy that, dead ass.
Speaker 2: They got a huge Asian population out there. Dead ass, dead ass.
Speaker 6: Makato Hagawara created them at the Japanese Tea Garden in Golden Park Golden Gate Park in nineteen fourteen. Dead asser, fake news. The first submarine was made from a wine barrel. Dead as, dead ass for fake news. The first submarine was made from a wine barrel.
Speaker 2: Uh dead ass fake news?
Speaker 6: Uh oh no wrong with dead ass. Cornelis Drebbel sixteen to twenty. Submarine was constructed using a reinforced wooden barrel. Dead ass for fake news. The first known protest march was organized by women demanding the right to vote. Dead ass are fake news. The first known protest march was organized by women demanding the right to vote.
Speaker 5: Fake news.
Speaker 2: I mean, they've always been complaining about something so.
Speaker 6: Dead ass fake news. Protest marches have ancient origins. Suffrage marches were just one type of many. There's a guy online that's pushing the narrative that everything changed in the world when women got the right to vote. Dead ass or fake news. Eating too many carrots can turn your skin orange. Dead ass or fake news. Eating too many carrots can turn your your skin orange.
Speaker 2: Dead ass, fake news, dead ass? Carrot domi.
Speaker 6: Carrot carrot, carrot, carrot carrot Yeah, causes orange discoloration of the skin from excessive beta carotene consumption. Dead ass or fake news. The first known recipe for soap was carved in stone. Deadass are fake news. The first known recipe for soap was carved in stone.
Speaker 1: Dead ass, fake news, Dead ass Babylonian clay tablets from twenty eight hundred BC.
Speaker 2: For those who don't know what that means.
Speaker 6: That's before Christ contained soap recipes etched in cuneiform.
Speaker 2: Why didn't they use it then? Right? Right?
Speaker 6: Why did they make it? Dead ass are fake news? The first known calendar was based on the Moon's phases. Deadass are fake news. The first known calendar was based on the Moon's phases.
Speaker 2: Dead ass Yeah sounds about right, deadass.
Speaker 6: Lunar calendars predate solar calendars by thousands of years across many cultures.
Speaker 2: Back to carrots, dead ass are fake news.
Speaker 6: Eating carrots was promoted to hide radar technology during World War Two. Dead ass are fake news. Eating carrots was promoted to hide radar technology during.
Speaker 2: World War Two. Dead ass ah fake news.
Speaker 6: Dead ass Britain spread this myth to conceal their radar advances from Germans.
Speaker 2: I saw something online yesterday.
Speaker 1: I was like, this is really fascinating about World War Two and they were showing examples of saving private ryan that were true to what they tried to do as much research to.
Speaker 2: Get things as accurate as possible. And one of the words to yell around the corner to know if there was an American around the corner was thunder okay, and then they would reply flash because the Germans couldn't say thunder because they couldn't get this. It's not something they do right, right brilliant right, Yeah, I know what they're doing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, dead ass are fake news. Your memory gets worse as you age because brain cells die. Dead ass are fake news. Your memory gets worse as you age because brain.
Speaker 2: Cells die fake news, dead ass, fake news.
Speaker 6: Memory changes are more about processing speed and interference, not massive cell death. Dead Asser fake news. The first digital camera was invented by Kodak in nineteen seventy five. Dead ass for fake news. The first digital camera was invented by Kodak in nineteen seventy five.
Speaker 5: Dead Ass.
Speaker 2: Kodak is known for their cameras fake news and I think the year was supposed to throw you off. Dead Ass.
Speaker 6: Steve Sayson created the first digital camera, which weighed eight pounds and took twenty three seconds per photo.
Speaker 2: Damn Wow not real murderale.
Speaker 6: Last one, dead aster fake news. The first safety pin was invented to pay off debt. Dead Asser fake No, I got more sorry, dead as for fake news. The first safety pin was invented to pay off debt.
Speaker 5: Fake news.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can see it happened, dead ass.
Speaker 6: Walter Hunt invented it in eighteen forty nine and sold the patent four four hundred dollars to pay a debt.
Speaker 1: Wow, dead ass for fake news. Rubber was first used to erase pencil marks. Dead ass or fake news. Rubber was first used to erase pencil marks.
Speaker 5: Fake news.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm on agree, fake news. It's in the name dead ass.
Speaker 6: The word rubber comes from the original use for rubbing out pencil marks. Dead ass are fake news. Your skin is your body's largest organ. Dead ass, easier epidermis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely for me.
Speaker 6: Dead ass skin accounts for about sixteen percent of the total body weight and adults. That's why people that lose a bunch of weight and have all that loose skin, they really lose weight after that because that dead skin, that loose skin weighs so much. Dead ass are fake news. You can catch warts from touching frogs or toe Dead ass are fake news. You can catch warts from touching frogs or toads, or maybe get a husband.
Speaker 2: Nicely fake news. You've always heard of growing up, But I do believe that is fake Yeah, fake news.
Speaker 6: Human worts are caused by viruses that only affect humans, not amphibians.
Speaker 2: That was totally something we were told.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, constantly, you're gonna get a wart.
Speaker 6: Dead ass are fake news. Your stomach can digest itself. Dead ass fake news. Your stomach can digest itself.
Speaker 5: Interesting fake news.
Speaker 2: I believe that would be fake.
Speaker 6: Dead ass Without its protective mucous lining, stomach acid would digest the stomach wall.
Speaker 2: Fun little fact.
Speaker 1: I have a irritated stomach lining that causes massive acid reflux.
Speaker 6: Oh, and I take medication for it to keep it not so crazy. Dead ass are fake news. Sitting too close to the TV damages your eyes. Dead ass are fake news. Sitting too close to the TV damages your eyes?
Speaker 5: Fake news?
Speaker 2: Yeah, a bunch of lies. Yeah, fake news.
Speaker 6: The myth originated from nineteen sixties TVs that emitted radiation.
Speaker 2: Modern TVs are safe. So wait, was it right?
Speaker 6: Was it accurate in the sixties because there were stories of people when microwaves were invented that they didn't want the wives near them.
Speaker 2: Right, don't get too close because the radiation. Yeah? Maybe, so maybe at that time.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 6: Dead ass are fake news. Your sense of smell is stronger in the morning. Dead ass are fake news. Your sense of smell is stronger in the morning.
Speaker 5: Fake news.
Speaker 2: That's a tough one, man.
Speaker 1: You'd like to say, Yeah, because you're just waking up and like all your senses are like boom pole on point at that. But if you got like stuffy nose right house full of dust, it's gonna be weaker. So I think it's a trick question, but I'm going to say dead.
Speaker 2: Ass, dead ass.
Speaker 6: Smell sensitivity peaks in the morning and declines throughout the day. I wonder if that meat that's like morning breath obviously is a thing, but I wonder if it feels like it's worse because your nose is so sensitive in the morning. That's possible, Like maybe your breath always has your breath always smells like that, but it dissipates the sense of smell, and the ability to smell really well dissipates throughout the day.
Speaker 2: So you just got stink gass. Maybe so?
Speaker 1: Maybe so, But you got to think of all the other stuff that you're putting in your mouth throughout the day. You know that takes away from that rotten, rotten stench in your mouth.
Speaker 2: I'll take the bait.
Speaker 1: What's the stinkiest thing you put in your mouth throughout the day. The stinky probably coffee or coffe smells amazing. Coffee smells amazing.
Speaker 2: He sure does. And you said dinner, what kind of crapper are you eating?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: I mean you you you eat stinky things, dirty things at dinner.
Speaker 5: No, Well that's the question, but that's it's what makes your breath garlic.
Speaker 6: That's not what I said. What's the What is the stinkiest thing you eat or the dirtiest thing you eat or put in your mouth throughout the day?
Speaker 5: Garlic?
Speaker 2: GIMPI cigarettes? Probably my hands, if I'm being honest, put your hands in your mouth a lot. Uh. Well, I eat food and I use my hands.
Speaker 1: Well see, and I only only seem surprised because we have talked about it before. The reason why you don't eat Cheetos and Doritos is because of the dust. And most people are like, I just suck it off and you're good, you know, And you're like, I'm not doing that. So that's that's why I was just a little taken back.
Speaker 2: Fair point. Uh, I am not the hyperchondriact you paint me to be. This is a show.
Speaker 6: But yeah, even if I wash my hands before every meal, that doesn't mean if like we get a slice of pizza.
Speaker 1: How many times have you seen me wash my hands? Before we eat pizza, right right, right, So there are times where that does happen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, trying not to put stinky stuff in my mouth.
Speaker 6: You'd love to me would The first adhesive post is a postage stamp featured a king dead ass or fake news. The first adhesive postage stamp featured a king dead ass.
Speaker 2: It's a King of rock, dead ass, fake news. The eighteen forty penny Black featured Queen Victoria's profile.
Speaker 6: Go ahead and look that up. Eating chocolate releases the same chemicals as being in love. Eating chocolate releases the same chemicals as being in love.
Speaker 5: Dead ass.
Speaker 6: I'll think I've heard that before. Chocolate trigger's release of phenol thaline. Thing, yeah, and endorphins similar to romantic feelings. Dead ass or fake news. The piano was invented in Italy, Italy. Dead ass for fake news. The piano was invented in Italy.
Speaker 5: A fake news.
Speaker 2: Piano, dead ass.
Speaker 6: Bartolomo Cristo Fooro invented it in Florence around seventeen hundred. Dead ass are fake news. Your tongue print is as unique as your fingerprint. Deadass are fake news.
Speaker 1: Your tongue print is as unique as your fingerprint, dead ass. Uh tongue print. I don't even really think of tongue prints. You know, when you get you get booked in a jail, they don't take your tongue prints.
Speaker 5: Maybe they should.
Speaker 2: Uh, fake news, dead ass.
Speaker 6: Everyone has a unique tongue print with the distinct ridges and patrons dead ass for fake news. Your pupils get larger when you're lying, dead ass or fake news.
Speaker 2: Your pupils get larger when you're lying fake news. Dead ass, dead ass.
Speaker 1: Stress from lying often causes pupil dilation, though it's not a reliable lie detector.
Speaker 5: I thought that your pupils enlarged when you get aroused.
Speaker 1: May that may also be true, and when you're doing cocaine and when you're high.
Speaker 6: Dead ass or fake news. The first electric toothbrush was invented for dental patients with limited motor skills. Dead ass are fake news?
Speaker 2: How would evolve from there? The first?
Speaker 1: We all become it eventually. The first electric toothbrush was invented from dental patients with limited motor skills dead ass. It was created in Switzerland in nineteen fifty four. With patients are four patients with poor hand coordination, like they kept missing their mouth. I think they couldn't aim.
Speaker 2: I obvious seeing more of like, oh okay, people can't see them on the radio. But I was showing gimpy what I meant. Yeah, they're pretty hooked up.
Speaker 6: Dead ass are fake news. The first wristwatch was made for a woman. Dead ass are fake news. The first wristwatch was made for a woman.
Speaker 5: Dead ass.
Speaker 2: I think we tried to suppress them from a lot, and I think telling time was one of them.
Speaker 1: Right, you can't vote, can't have pockets, can't have pockets, you can't tell time.
Speaker 5: What did we need a wristwatch for when there's a clock on the stove.
Speaker 2: Well, we got a man to tell you what time it is. You don't need to know, right. I do want to say fake news.
Speaker 6: Dead ass, but tech Philippe created the first wristwatch for countenance cost in eighteen sixty eight. It makes sense because people have pocket watches, right, and if women didn't have pockets, that makes sense. Dead ass are news. Your brain uses more energy when you're thinking hard or dead ass or fake news. Your brain uses more energy when you're thinking hard, fake news, dead ass, fake news. Brain energy consumption remains relatively constant regardless of mental activity level, like the people, Oh, you'll use five percent of your brain. That has been proven time and time again to not be accurate. Dead ass or fake news. The first ballpoint pen was invented for airplane pilots. Dead ass are fake news. The first ballpoint pen was invented for airline pilots.
Speaker 5: Dead ass.
Speaker 2: Oh those astronauts either way, they're flying something. Dead ass. Dead ass.
Speaker 6: Las Little Bureau created it in nineteen thirty eight. That's recent, by the way, as far as I'm concerned, that's recent because the fountain pins leaked at high altitudes.
Speaker 1: Well, where do you put the well right? Dead ass for fake news? The first elevator was powered by steam.
Speaker 2: Dead ass, by steam? Dead aster fake news. The first elevator was powered by steam, I'm going to say fake news. It was cables and a guy that turned a wheel. Dead ass.
Speaker 6: Elijah Otis eighteen fifty three elevator used steam power before electric motors were invented.
Speaker 2: You just was so you're saying, there was a guy that like, is this job, come on in? And then he shuts the gate you know, no saw, Oh he's in the elevator. Yeah yeah, And then the little picnic.
Speaker 6: I've seen that in movies, but I think that was before they had push buttons, and he just kind of.
Speaker 1: Moved it to like which floor went to? Well, I think it just went one, one or two floors, So I don't know, but I mean, I guess it makes sense in my head. How long after they limited the need for an elevator person to be in, you know, to be in the elevator, did people start trying to have sex in the elevators?
Speaker 2: I'm going to think ours. Yeah, I want to say not at all. They did it while he was in the elevator. Oh you think so?
Speaker 6: Oh right, because they weren't supposed to be like you're not real? Yeah, that makes sense. People doing cabs, which I think is wild.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I haven't had one of those in my uber ride yet, but you never know.
Speaker 5: Right, Will you stop them if that happens?
Speaker 2: Do you know him? Do you know him at all? Do you now taking an account everything you know about this man? Now? Answer now, answer the question on your own. Yeah, question, I'll take pictures, of course, I'm not gonna stop.
Speaker 1: I don't think he'd take pictures, no, but I think he would not bother them and just be like, yeah, I live your life.
Speaker 2: Man might have just the rear view a little bit, but what's the wrong there? If you're having sex in my car, I should be able to watch from the rear view mirror. No, I'm not. I am not.
Speaker 6: Quench like cringing because you want to adjust the mirror. I'm just a lever of careful.
Speaker 2: What you ask for because you never know what you're gonna get. I don't need to see a grundle, right.
Speaker 1: We just didjust for a second. You're like, oh God, that's too hairya.
Speaker 6: I don't want to be driving and cause of wreck because I think I see a spider in the back seat, an angry Harry spider.
Speaker 2: We gotta take a break, We'll be back. Four of The Big Man Morning Show is death Play Game. See, we got not one pair of tickets today, we got two bear of tickets.
Speaker 6: Tickets to see Highly Suspect and Smoking Guns eleven are up for grabs. Highly Suspect's gonna be at the Tulsa Theater on June second. Get your tickets Tulsatheater dot com. And then Smoking Guns is this Saturday at the Bok Center. Get your tickets to see Firefighters and police officers square off inside the cage to raise money for two great organizations, the Oklahoma Firefighters Burn Camp and the Special Olympics of Oklahoma. It is a night of excitement that happens between these two organizations because.
Speaker 2: They really go all out to hurt each other, not a lie. Uh So, right now, we're gonna play a game called Sing Sing.
Speaker 1: Current record is well, I am leading with five and Lindsey is right behind me with four, and you're right behind her with three.
Speaker 2: Last week's winner, that'd be you.
Speaker 6: So Lindsey and Gimpy are your choices at eight three three four six, oh kmo D eight three three four six oh kmo D call up, decide who's going to be your clue giver. Whoever gets the most right is gonna win those tickets to Smoking Guns eleven that's the Saturday to be Okay Center and tickets to see Highly Suspect in June at the Tulsa Theater. Eight three three four six oh KMOT. Good morning, you're on the air. What is your name, Jeremy, Jeremy? How are you today?
Speaker 5: I'm doing great man?
Speaker 2: How are you great? Brother? Who do you want to give clues? Lindsey or Gimpy.
Speaker 1: Let's go Gimpy.
Speaker 6: Sixty seconds are on the clock. Timers starts after the first clue.
Speaker 2: Here we go. Hiiight, Jeremy, this is the song from Top Gun.
Speaker 5: I didn't hear you.
Speaker 1: There is the song from Top Gun. You know, the main song, not the love song song, but the main song. When they're flying through the gear.
Speaker 2: High the danger zone. Just take off the highway danger zone. There you go. Uh this is hmmm on a soft something? What is it? On a soft some on the highway? Cool wind in my hair? California? Uh huh uh okay. This is Maria Brink's band. Do you know who that is? Is it? Okay, let's forget about that.
Speaker 5: You got it.
Speaker 1: Let's not go anything further. This is the song that the s p c A plays. It's a very sad song. When the dogs are starving.
Speaker 2: Man, when you die.
Speaker 1: Every time a bell rings, a blank gets its wings, got angel, got it?
Speaker 2: You got it.
Speaker 1: This is a woman from the seventies. She was married to Sonny Bono and h yep, and this is uh uh, let's okay, I'm good with.
Speaker 2: That time time time. It looks like four is what I got that might be good enough. Jeremy, hang on the line. Okay, Yes, sir, good morning, you're on the air. What is your name? Amy, Amy, You and Lindsay have to beat four? Are you ready? I'm ready?
Speaker 5: Here we go, okay, Amy, King of pop popular.
Speaker 2: Song Michael Jackson.
Speaker 5: Uh huh at Halloween?
Speaker 2: Sorry thriller.
Speaker 5: Yes, this is a country artist most popular song, and it's at weddings and the husband and wife have this song. They do this on no He once went by Chris Gaines and that didn't work out for him.
Speaker 2: Oh garth uh huh.
Speaker 5: And when when a married couple they have their first what? Uh huh? Yes, that's the name of the song. What is it? Two words? You just said it?
Speaker 1: I know this first?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, she thinks she got it. Well, she doesn't get to just say dance.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you have to name the title of that song.
Speaker 6: Time time, time, kimp went ahead and got that correct. Go ahead and give it away. That's fine. Sorry, that was not enough, Amy, Thank you so much for playing. Jeremy. You're getting those.
Speaker 8: Tickets to see Highly Suspect on Juni second at the Tulsa Theater, and you're also getting tickets for this Saturday smoking guns at the Bok Center.
Speaker 2: Hang on the line, okay man, thank you.
Speaker 5: Yeah. The one that the only one you didn't get was yeah he had share correctly. And the song is you have to do this in order if you blank in Miracles, Santa Easter, Bunny, blank in Life after Death.
Speaker 1: Those are all but we're Yeah, you think Santa Claus is real? You would say you blank in Santa Claus. Isn't that a Shrek song also called that that's I'm a believer all the monkeys right.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, but Shrek? Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 6: And then this is the one at the end can be the uh. I think she's gotta you've gotta say that part right, or you have to.
Speaker 2: You have to because that's a huge part of the title.
Speaker 1: Uh, but I would have just saying that looking back on memory of blank blank we shon beneath.
Speaker 2: The doors booth. Yeah, the dance by Garth Brooks.
Speaker 1: All right, the record now keeps me in the lead with six, keeps Lindsay with four, keeps you with three.
Speaker 2: More of the Big Man Morning Show is next.
Speaker 1: Well I'm calling it says here that core stage of Artemis three is on its way to Florida. NASA is already preparing for its next Artemis mission, rolling out.
Speaker 2: The core stage for the Artemist three mission.
Speaker 1: The rocket was loaded onto a barge in Louisiana yesterday to be delivered to Kennedy's Space Center in Florida. The Artemis three mission is scheduled to launch sometime next year. It aims to test systems for the plan to eventually land astronauts on the Moon. I heard a theory that we won't go. Why is that so when we went to the Moon the last time?
Speaker 2: Do you know why?
Speaker 1: Because the Russians wanted to do it, and we were like, hey, that is political based.
Speaker 2: They found all that funding got it done. There's no political push right now, right, bragging rights is about all we got.
Speaker 6: But that doesn't mean anything. And then I heard another thing, and it's not Thursday, but that China. Do you know when China went to the Moon? I heard it wasn't that long ago, twenty twenty three? Yeah, yeah, yeah, and see the footage, none at all whatsoever, But yet ours was stunning thanks to Stupidley Cambric right, his brother Stanley, Yeah right, stupidly what else we got here?
Speaker 1: Ran rejects new Peace talks. After Trump's ultimatum, a US delegation led by vpjdv I could travel to Pakistan today for potential peace talks with Iran. It comes after Iran vowed to retaliate after the US Navy seized an Iranian flagged ship over the weekend. Iran's foreign minister said no decision has been made to come to the table for ducks. President Trump is threatened to knock out Iran's power, plants and bridges if no deals reached, as the ceasefire between the two countries is set to expire. Amara the Supreme Court is to hear a Catholic schools challenge to Colorado law. The Supreme Court has agreed to take up a case involving whether or not Catholic preschools in Colorado must accept children from sing sex couples in order to receive state funding a state allowing a state law allowing public and private schools to take part in a universal preschool program includes a non discrimination provision. The Archdiocese of Denver argues that the rule is at odds with its real It just writes arguments in the case are expected to be heard in the fall, and then lastly here Oklahoma government working to boost student reading scores.
Speaker 2: Who. The Strong Readers Act.
Speaker 1: Was voted on by the Oklahoma State Senate yesterday on the twentieth It passed forty three to two.
Speaker 2: Who are those two right? Why were you against it? Kids don't need to read, They're fine. Reading is overrated.
Speaker 1: The act aims to help boost student reading scores, especially those of students in the third grade and older.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to look up the vote roll call right because I want to know who is no right?
Speaker 2: And I kind of want to call him and go why no? Yeah, you should thought process? Why did you vote no on this?
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know if you should be pulled right and not be allowed to be in it. Maybe you represent a group of people that don't want you people to read.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe they just weren't there and they're like, you're not here, your votes automatically and no.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Corbin. Did you get your keyword to rock the bank? You should have gotten the word media you entached online at kmod dot com for your chance at one thousand dollars. You've got twelve more times throughout the day to win one thousand bucks. When you rock the bank.
Speaker 2: Good luck.
Speaker 5: Your next chance is happening at nine o'clock this morning.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Gimbie, Well, good morning Corbin. We've decided we want to send you to Jamaica. You can go to any sandals or beaches resort.
Speaker 2: Hat do you do that?
Speaker 1: Well, you can get all the details and you can sign up by clicking on the contest at right there in for Youngheartradio.
Speaker 2: All right, we do.
Speaker 6: Listener emails on Tuesdays. Do you have an issue you need helped with? We can give our advice. We've got near over one hundred years of experience in this room. How we can share. And this email says, my husband wants two weeks in Costa Rica with his friend this summer, not us, just him. When I asked about a family trip, he actually said, vacationing with kids isn't a real vacation. I haven't had a real vacation since before these kids were born. I don't get to clock out. He coaches little league twice a week, and apparently that earns him two weeks in Paradise. Well, I hold everything together at home a week in fine.
Speaker 2: Two weeks. That's not vacation. That's separation with better weather. What do I say to him?
Speaker 6: Yeah, there are I was talking with one of my buddies the other day and his wife is getting ready to go on a vacation just her and one of her friends. And that's pretty foreign to me, Like, I don't that's just not something we do. Whether it's right or wrong, I don't know, but it's not two weeks right. A lot of people love Costa Rica. Every time I know people go, they come back they it's so polarizing. They're either like it's absolutely horrible because it's a jungle, or they're like, man, it's so.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 6: And the only correlation I find in those responses are, uh, you're either bohemian, like you're a hippie or you're not. And the people that are kind of hippyish love it okay, but I've never been. I don't know if I have a desire to go, not the least this guy wants to go for two weeks without his family.
Speaker 5: What do you guys think a mid life crisis? To me, Like, there's no way in hell I would. I would have to be like questioning my husband like are you are you having a midlife crisis? Because you you're crazy to think that I would be okay.
Speaker 6: With that, because why well, I would would be different. Would it be different if it was a hunting trip?
Speaker 5: No, because he wouldn't. I mean, I mean, he would never. He would never expect me to say yes to two.
Speaker 2: Weeks okay to me? The idea of.
Speaker 6: Just vacationing when you have a new CA. I don't know how old their kids are. It doesn't say that feels pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: But are the kids sixteen, seventeen, eighteen? I don't know.
Speaker 6: It says that he coaches little league. Little league can be up to someone playing the guitar here?
Speaker 2: Do you recognize that song? It's the thing from Brokeback Mountain. Oh yeah, yeah, there's a part that I know, but not sorry, I don't know the opening note. You won't hear that on Monday. That's just what we got there.
Speaker 6: Sure, sure, But going on vacation for two I mean guys, I know guys that go away for hunting trips for like a week, right, like a like a Saturday to a Saturday.
Speaker 2: What's that? Seems intense? Right?
Speaker 1: I've been going I personally think going on vacations without your partner is intense.
Speaker 5: So my husband has gone on hunting trip for a week, but he's taken our sons with him.
Speaker 6: Then that's clearly not the same, right exactly, But this person wants to know he wants to go on vacation for two weeks, and she doesn't know how to talk to him about it. This tex says husband is gay and that's his boyfriend obligatory. He's a cheating whore. I I don't know if going on a vacation for two weeks makes you gay with the same.
Speaker 2: Set with your with your gay friend. Yeah, I don't know how does that? How does that make you gay? But if you go hunting, it doesn't.
Speaker 1: To be fair and broke Back Mountain, they were supposed to be going fishing.
Speaker 2: But were they going fishing or going to watch the sheep? Well, that was part of it. It was a lot of it was we're going fishing.
Speaker 1: There was some sheep involved in there somewhere, but a lot of it was going fish and I'm going fishing with my body, And I think that's how it started.
Speaker 2: That's how it started with their and.
Speaker 6: Then they just kept planning their little retreats and coming up with different gotta work late, Yeah, I got to watch The Sheep or whatever, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, But to be.
Speaker 6: Honest, I think that movie's brilliant because I have no idea anything about that lifestyle, and then to see somebody go through all that, you're like what.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also, the first time Ilse saw I saw Anne Hathaway breast.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Growing up, I used to think it was normal to have your parents go on separate vacation.
Speaker 2: Okay, we shifted away, Okay, yes, uh yeah, I was thinking about that too. If if this guy only grew up with that's what they did, that that's what marriage was, right, I could see that too. Yeah, that's totally normal for him.
Speaker 6: This tex says, I'd start planning my two week vacation with my friends and leave the day he gets back.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 6: I think when you start nickel and diming and keeping score like that, you are just lighting the fuse.
Speaker 5: You are marriage set for doom.
Speaker 6: My husband wants two weeks in Costa Rica with his friend's friend. Yeah, there's no less there friend this summer, not just us, just him. When I asked about a family trip, he said, vacation with kids isn't a real vacation. I haven't had a real vacation since before these kids were born. I don't get to clock out, he could. I hate when people do this when their parents. I don't get to clock out. Okay, well you choose to not clock out, right, You think you don't have a choice, right, right? If you guys sat down and talked about it, maybe you could. Maybe you guys could do this sort of thing. He coaches little league twice a week, and apparently that earns him two weeks in paradise while I hold everything together at home.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, So let me ask would it be different if it was more than just him and his one body. Let's say it was a group of dudes, like a dude trip coach, like a gang bang shift, that's what you want to call it. I mean, if we're saying they're gay, it would just be an orgy at that time, unless just one or maybe like, hey I'm here, guys, Yeah, take me. Uh but like let's just say, like, you know, there's like six guys. They're all friends, maybe went to college together or or work together, and they're all like, Eh, let's go to Costa Rica, leave the wives at home, just the six of us.
Speaker 2: Let's go. Is there any difference. Is that is that different? So there's more than one person.
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, I don't think there's any difference. It's still it's the same thing. You're leaving your family at home.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it doesn't sound like the issue is uh the quantity of people on the vacation. It sounds like the duration. Sounds like based off what they said in the email where they said a weekend, fine, two weeks, that's not a vacation, that's separation with better weather.
Speaker 1: I mean, you can't really go to Costa Rica and back and have any kind of time in a weekend.
Speaker 2: Uh, I I sure, I don't know. I just don't think so.
Speaker 1: I mean, like to me, it sounds like, all right, we're gonna leave on a Friday, We're gonna fly to Coasta Rica. We'll get there early Saturday morning, and that means we have Saturday to do whatever we're gonna do in Costa Rica, which isn't I mean, I'm sure there's a lot to do, but we're just given the time, you're not gonna have much. Go catch a drink, maybe take a hike, and then back on the plane Saturday night to be back home by Sunday.
Speaker 2: Evening that says seven hours, seven hour flight costa Rica. Okay, that's not very far. No, let's not when you think about it, that's that's a west coast trip m m hm, right, and that's a that's got a layover. So maybe yeah, but I still feel like there's that's not enough time a weekend unless it's like a long weekend, like a Memorial Day weekend.
Speaker 6: Right, you know, something like that listener email about somebody whose spouse is going on vacation for two weeks.
Speaker 2: This says, is the friend single?
Speaker 5: Does that matter?
Speaker 6: Like if you if your partner is friends with someone who's single, I don't think it's a big deal as long as they're not the wingman.
Speaker 1: Right, And I think that's the implication here that you know one of them single, So both of you are going to be out, you know, hoaring around, getting some coasta rec and strange.
Speaker 5: Right, you're both are going to be in different zip codes, implying that what happens in another zip code stays in another zip code. Right, he's going to be single for two weeks?
Speaker 2: No way.
Speaker 6: A business trip is one thing, but to tell you that vacation with kids is not vacation is crazy to me. When I'm off work, all I want to do is spend time with my kids. Tell him when he gets back, you're leaving for two weeks and he can keep the kids. Sounds like a douche. Another one, relax. He's working an angle on a new business enterprise moving Colombian energy products. I went on a couple guys a couple of guys trips before I got married, five days for both. I love my buddies to death, but it gets old at day three or four. I couldn't imagine two weeks. Reasonable answer, No is a complete sentence. It is absolutely unfair for him to just leave and expect you to be okay with it. Nuclear answer, let him go, get your parents to watch the kids, then book a flight to Costa Rica.
Speaker 2: Just show up. We're everywhere. He is total coincidence, right.
Speaker 5: You know that's a good point. Was there no discussion of maybe the kids going with grandparents so she can take this trip as well. I don't know if he is so adamant about not taking the kids on vacation with them.
Speaker 6: This Texas interesting. Does it say the friend is male or female? It could be a female friend from work or something.
Speaker 2: That's a good point. I assume that it's a dude. I feel like that's a strong detail you would not leave out right.
Speaker 1: Unless you're trying to get the coast riga with the hot chick from accounting.
Speaker 2: I mean, okay, well, let's change it a little bit. Does she know who the friend is?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: And is this his best man?
Speaker 1: You would think though, if it's his best man, best friend, whatever that case is, then she might be a little more apt to it.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: You know, that's still you know, two weeks away, you know. But it's like, okay, I understand you guys are best these.
Speaker 2: And is.
Speaker 5: Is this friend married? Because I can't imagine another married man's wife being cool with you know what I'm saying, Like, no, I don't know what you're saying.
Speaker 6: That everybody's marriage is different, right, Yeah, so maybe like please go? Uh does say did the male or female thing? Listener email from a person who says that their husband wants two weeks in Costa Rica with his friend this summer, not us, just him. When I asked about a family trip, he actually said, vacationing with kids isn't a real vacation. I haven't had a real vacation since before these kids were born. I don't get to clock out. He coaches little league twice a week, and apparently that earns him two weeks in paradise while I hold everything together at home a weekend. Fine, two weeks. That's not a vacation. That's a separation with better weather.
Speaker 5: Lindsay, Yeah, it is absolutely a separation with better weather. And I'm with the texter who said no is a complete sentence. Yeah, you tell him, no, You're not going away for two weeks to Costa Rica without me and your family. He's going as a single person. That's what he's doing. I wouldn't trust it at all, and you can, and you can tell him. I said so, No, I don't trust trust that. It's too many issues. He's just opening up a can of worms.
Speaker 2: Kim Bey. Yeah, no is a complete sentence. So is f you.
Speaker 1: I'm leaving anyway. I'm a grown ass man. I can do whatever the hell that I want to. Listen, the damage is already done. She might as well just go to goddamn coast, Rika and have fun and deal with the aftermath when you get back.
Speaker 2: It'll be okay.
Speaker 1: Furthermore, Susan, the guy's right of vacation with kids is not a vacation at all because you're still having to take care of the kids, so there's no time to relax.
Speaker 2: There's no nothing.
Speaker 1: All right, Yeah, you guys can go out and do things as a family, but again, there's no relaxation, which is the whole point behind a vacation, to get away. And maybe he needs to get away from your dumb ass too. Do you ever think about that? God, life sucks. Let's get a break every now and again. And it's fine because you know what, you can do the same thing. You can do the exact same thing when I get back or whenever you want, because we're grown ass people and we got grown ass people money, and we can do whatever our grown ass wants to do. So I think I think there's a lot of jealousy in this email. I think she's upset because he wants to go, and he's really wanting to go and she can't come with.
Speaker 2: So of course there's some trust issues. She wants to take a break. You can't take a break.
Speaker 1: Ord you said it in the beginning. You're choosing not to take that break. Okay, it's something that really needs to be talked about. But I think you know it's gonna happen anyway, So.
Speaker 2: Get over it. Your body language, Lindsay, is the most I think I've ever seen.
Speaker 5: What I just I just can't believe his It just sounds like, uh, he's just telling him to get divorced.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the text, perfect text. Why are quote girls trips so normalized, but a trip with your guys are so frowned upon.
Speaker 5: No one's frowning upon a guy's trip. A two week guys trip. Yes, a girl's trip is usually two days. It's a weekend, and it's usually like, oh, we're going to the spot, the casino.
Speaker 6: That's a girl's trip, or nash or Memphis or Nashville, all right, Vegas, right right.
Speaker 1: You still don't know what's going on. You're still dumping all the responsibility onto the partner. Okay, So it doesn't matter the duration how long it's being gone. It's the fact that that's jealousy is all that it is. You get to go there.
Speaker 2: I think you're right. I think it is jealousy. So just get over it. Let the man go In the email. The jealousy's in the email.
Speaker 5: I don't think so. When she asks for a family vacation, what we're doing for a family, and he says, I don't want to take one. I want to go alone with my buddy to Costa Rica and leave your ass and the kids at home. That's not jealousy.
Speaker 2: That's not what he said, but jealousy. But we don't know what he said.
Speaker 5: So you're adding, no, I'm just going by what the email said.
Speaker 6: The email never said I'm leaving your ass here. I want to get away from your ass.
Speaker 2: That was said. That was me saying.
Speaker 6: But what was said in the email was I haven't had a real vacation since before these kids were born.
Speaker 2: I don't get to clock out. That is jealousy.
Speaker 6: Right there in the email. Now, as far as I'm concerned, you don't know. Again, everybody's marriage is a little different.
Speaker 2: You don't own me.
Speaker 6: When we got married, I didn't sign up to be owned. I signed up to work together. Now these people aren't working together. Doesn't sound like it, But everybody's marriage is a little bit different. Sounds like there's something going on between both of you because you're clearly stressed out and aren't not okay too. I'm not somebody who believes in two week vacations. That is a long time.
Speaker 2: There was.
Speaker 6: I went on one vacation with a bunch of buddies and it was just like four days at the lake.
Speaker 2: On day two, I was like, who are we done? Everybody got it out of them. Nope.
Speaker 6: It was after college and stuff, and I was like, oh, now some people love that and that's okay. It's just not my bag. Has he ever gone on a two week vacation? Has he ever wanted to go to Costa Rica? Has he done stuff with this guy before? All those things would be big indicators to me. But if he's never done a two week vacation, he's never gone on vacation with this guy, something's up. People always get worked up with well is he single? How long they're going?
Speaker 2: Do we know them? The destination?
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, people are cheating right under your noses at home, at work, right, So what does all this other static mean?
Speaker 6: Nahing? You think they're gonna cheat there? They'll cheat right under your nose if you want to. They don't need distance. If somebody doesn't want to be with you, they don't want to be with you. Now, all that being said, I think you can approach it with, Hey, I'm not a fan. Who's gonna break down the Amazon boxes? I'm just being honest When she's like, I'm gonna hold it all together. Who's breaking down the Amazon boxes? Who's mowing the yard, who's taking out the trash? Now she may be doing that, but statistic that's not true. So I don't know what you mean holding it all together. Everybody plays the martyr in marriage.
Speaker 1: I'm the one doing the most, I'm the one making all the money, I'm the one mowing the Get over yourself.
Speaker 2: It's the using the guilt to get what you want.
Speaker 1: Yes, how about just we agreed to live together and be together forever, and part of that is accepting you as you evolve as a human being.
Speaker 6: And this guy's clearly evolving to want to go to Costa Rica and you can go, hey, I'm not okay with this.
Speaker 2: I need help and let him go. Well, how about we set it up and then when I get back, you go for two weeks.
Speaker 1: Maybe he'd say that, right, start a line on negotiation, not a negotiation. Well, tell him what you aren't okay with, let him respond, and then see where you are after that.
Speaker 2: Instead of no, you are my employee.
Speaker 6: I get to tell you what to do because we wouldn't be okay with him telling her what to do. Bizarre email to me, bizarre on so many levels. Sometimes people that stay home and take care of kids go stir crazy, right, they just do. And some people stay home and take care of kids and love it and don't go stir crazy. So there may be there's a lot going on in that email. Best of luck to you. Also, Costa Rica, we got to take a break.
Speaker 2: We'll be back.
Speaker 6: We're doing listener emails. You can always email us show at kmod dot com. Show at kmode dot com. This email says, I have a best friend I've known since childhood, and I think I need to walk away from him that since alone makes me feel like a terrible person. He's drinking, using going nowhere. Every conversation leaves me drained. When he finally reached out, it was late morning and he was still drunk from the night before. Never once mentioned the distance between us. Just launched into project he's working on like nothing happened. Now, He's sending memes and best friend videos. Am I enabling him? Person that has a best friend that they've known since childhood that they want to walk away from because they're different. Well that's a tough one, Gibbie. Yeah, you or somebody, and Lindsay too. I think this is fair for both. You have people in your life you deem a best friend. Yeah, do you send them best friend videos?
Speaker 2: We're the three best friends something like that. Yeah, no, Lindsay's yeah, that tracks not so much like the three best friends one, like the example I gave, but like.
Speaker 1: Because usually when it comes to guys, insulting is just a show of an affection, right.
Speaker 2: You know, I was thinking of you. You're gay.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 2: That one a lot, do you. That's kind of weird. I mean, I know you're not really gay, but you're gay. Okay, So I said, you and I have different types of friends.
Speaker 1: But all right, I've sent stuff like that before, but I don't wake up in the morning and look for BFF memes or VIDs and something too, too, said friend.
Speaker 2: Now, Yeah, I don't even know if those exist. Sure they do.
Speaker 1: This person sending them, Yeah, getting drunk and lit up and be like, Hi, I have a bet friend to him, this looks perfect.
Speaker 2: I love you. This reminded me of you so much, right, now I can see like you going like, hey, you're drunk and sending that stuff.
Speaker 1: The bottom line is we're around each other, and this thing grabs hold of us again in the wrong place, in the wrong time.
Speaker 2: We're dead.
Speaker 6: I could see sending that to a buddy. Yeah, just funny as a joke or cover whatever.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm not a big sin memes guy, not even to my wife. I just wait till I see your and go look at this as I found or I don't, because guess what, there is no improvement or not improvement if she doesn't see it right right. Very rarely is there something I think is because my wife's my best friend. If there was something I wanted to show her, I would put it to the side, and and there's time I would present it.
Speaker 1: I send my brother some some tiktoks that I find, you know, when when I'm when I'm doom scrolling smoking in the garage, I'm like, oh, that's funny, and send it straight to him via the TikTok and he does the same thing to me.
Speaker 6: It's this is a great example. I think I've sent GIMPI in the history of ustom three maybe, And I think I'm being long on that stat three videos overtext?
Speaker 2: Now, how many have I showed him in person? I don't even know. Yeah, countless. But you know it's special when you get it like I gotta get it. Yeah, you know it's you're trying to mess up my algorithm. Yeah, I've done the same thing for you. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Because for me doing that is I want to see your face. I want the payoff, the reaction behind it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I don't want to get lol right thumbs up. Yeah ha, that's not fun for me. Uh, listener, I have a best friend I've known since childhood. I think we need to I need to walk away from that since low makes me feel like a terrible person.
Speaker 1: He's drinking, using, going nowhere. Every conversation leaves me drained. When he finally reached out, it was late morning and was still drunk from the night before. It was one never once mention the distance between us. Just launched into project he's working on like nothing happened. Now he's sending memes and best friend videos? Am I enabling him? This text says, adults with best friend videos bothers me more than drinking and using.
Speaker 2: Another one.
Speaker 1: If he is, in fact, you're a best friend, then talk to him, tell him how you feel boys are concerned about his situation in drug use, and tell him he needs help and that you're cutting ties until he gets help.
Speaker 2: Just an option.
Speaker 1: Always fascinated and in all the years we've been doing this, the number of times we get text from people trying to control another human. Right, that seems to be what people like to do. I want you to live the life your life. I want you to live your life the way I want you to live your life.
Speaker 2: Because what I think you're doing is dangerous. Yeah, but he don't point out anything that I'm doing though.
Speaker 1: Right mind, you're business right yeah. Uh, And it sounds like kind of an intervention, is what they're saying. Okay, but that's natural to be concerned if you've got a close friend that you think is.
Speaker 2: That has a problem. Yeah. There's a great line in the TV show The Pit.
Speaker 6: They just had the season finale, and there's a great line where a guy who's had problems is confronting another guy who won't acknowledge his problems and he's telling him basically what this guy's saying, like, you got to get it together, man, And he says something and the guy confronted him, goes, you don't have to be honest with me, You just got to be honest with yourself, right.
Speaker 2: I'm curious as to the ages of these two fellas. They said, childhood friends, So it's got to be like within a few years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I'm thinking, like, if they were childhood friends, these guys could be in their late teens, early twenties, right, and one dude's just live in his best twenty year old me, twenty one year old me, you know what I mean, out drinking party and having a good time, while the other one feels like they've got to be a little more responsible, you know, just for whatever reason. Now, if these people were both in their forties, that might be something there, like, hey, bro, you're forty years old, man.
Speaker 2: You shouldn't be out hitting it like this. You know, That's just my thought. I don't know. I again, I think you we can go ahead and do advice. What do you think, lindsay, We've got this listener email from a guy who says his best friend that he's known since childhood and that he thinks he needs to walk away from him. He's drinking, using going nowhere, blah blah, blah.
Speaker 5: I mean, I feel like, has he talked to him? If he feels like he does have a drinking problem or a drug problem, he should talk to him and express his feelings. And if he feels like he can't be around that, then yeah, maybe he should walk away from him. But for Kevin and I, we did have a very close friend of ours in our thirties that he had been in and out of rehab and he was a childhood friend and he had been in seven different rehab rehabs and it wasn't working. He would get out of rehab and then go back to living with his mom and then go back to drinking and doing drugs. And we moved him in with us. He went back into a rehab and when he came out, we're like, maybe you'd need a different atmosphere. You don't go back hanging out with the same place. So we he moved in with us a different town, you know, And he did good for a while, and then slowly but surely, we started finding alcohol bottles hidden in the house and he finally admitted that his problem was back. He went back into rehab, and instead of coming back with us, he ended up going back to his mom's and within about a month's time, she found him dead of a heroin overdose, something that he wasn't even into.
Speaker 2: Before to everyone's knowledge.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, I sometimes you do have to cut ties. But if he is your best friend, I would say, talk to him first. That's all you gotta do, is talk Kimby.
Speaker 1: People want to help people so badly. I you gotta let the guy live his life. Everybody's got their own path, everybody makes their own choices, all right. He's absolutely right. There's nothing wrong with cutting people out of your life if they're living a life without the way that you don't want anything.
Speaker 3: Like.
Speaker 1: I've got plenty of friends that I have cut off because they have chosen a path that I do not want.
Speaker 2: To be down or be a part of. And I have no problem with that. Does it suck? Not really, I just said, good riddance.
Speaker 1: Do those people reach out to me from time to time and try to you know, get you know, reacquainted, get back into my life?
Speaker 2: Of course they do. I keep them at an arms distance, good arm But I don't nobody.
Speaker 1: You can't help somebody who doesn't want to be helped. That's the thing right there, right, And uh, And I think that's kind of where this is at. And I think the same thing with Lindsay's friend that you were just talking about.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 1: That guy didn't want to be helped, you know, but you guys try hey for effort, and look look where it ended up anyway. So I am a big believer in just let them live of their life if you live your life. And if you find out five, six, ten years from now that they're dead, well that sucks.
Speaker 2: It is what it is. There's nothing you could have done.
Speaker 1: About it, So sure, talk to them about it, express your feelings, but just keep in mind that there's a there's.
Speaker 2: A good chance that is falling on deaf ears. I am one of those people. I read this in a children's book and I don't know why it's never occurred to me in fifty one years.
Speaker 1: Your emotions can change. The word motion is literally in the word. So it's okay for you to not feel connected to this person anymore. And I'm also a believer in trying to figure out can I control this or can I not? And nine times out of ten the answer is cannot. And by me telling them what I have a problem with is me trying to control. That's my opinion.
Speaker 6: That's so I would just start putting distance and they're like, hey, what's up, man, You don't take my calls anymore, then that's a time for me to address the situation. Hey, man, you've been doing some things that don't correlate with my life. I love you, I want to be there to support you, but I have to have distance because I can't be a part of those things. But I personally think when you go hey, your actions are bad, that's me trying to control the individual. And so I just don't believe in that. I believe controlling what I can control and what I cannot control. And the only thing I can control is my thoughts and my actions. And all these stories like the one Lindsay had suck. They are not awesome stories.
Speaker 1: But even the people this person tried the example Lindsay gave this person tried, people tried to talk to this person. People tried to give this person a hand up, and it's still ended that way. I don't know about y'all. I kind of saved my breath for things.
Speaker 6: These people that helped individuals thought they were doing the right thing, gambled on their thoughts and feelings on that person getting better.
Speaker 2: That stuff weighs on you, It takes up runway. I don't want any part of that now.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's just because of what I went through and my jadedness about it, But I don't bet on people. I just don't because I've been disappointed too many times and I have no I can't control it.
Speaker 2: I can't be a part of it.
Speaker 1: We're not talking about your kids, We're not talking about your spouse, right, We're talking about people that are removed from you.
Speaker 6: You feel like you will have to be loyal to this person. Loyalty can look like something from a distance. You can put distance and be like, hey man, I can't be around you, but if you need something, please call me because then I can decide whether I'm going to help you or not.
Speaker 2: That's loyal Loyle.
Speaker 1: Isn't being stuck in the mud with somebody going down their dangerous path.
Speaker 2: That's not Loyle. That's dumb. Uh.
Speaker 6: You can always email us show at kmod dot com. Take a break, We'll be back.
Speaker 2: The Big Man Morning Show returns.
Speaker 5: Left. Good morning, Gorbin. Happy twenty nine the porn Star Birthday to miss Katie Cush. Check out this weed Friendly Wonder in Bad Lesbian thirteen fourteen and seventeen Bald Room Dancing and I Need a Big One. She was a twenty twenty Most Luscious Labia Award nominee.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Gimbie, good morning. You just got another keyword to rock the bank.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: If you missed it, that's okay, because you have plenty of other chances throughout the day. Just keep on listening for that keyword and then you can plug it in and get yourself one thousand clams.
Speaker 2: Good luck. Let's go ahead and do to tell the truth. We do it every week at this time. Time to tell the truth. This is your opportunity to ask anything you want. Just remember, keep it clean. No bodily fluids, nothing sexual hand don't forget. We can and will pass on a question. Let's open up the bowl lines. Here's Corbin in the Gang with all the truth you're gonna need. All right, bem a mess and whatever your question is to eight two nine four five.
Speaker 1: You can also to use the talkback mic on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: This text says, is there going to be a crawl for cancer this year? From what we know, the answer is no. That is not us.
Speaker 1: That is another organization that puts that together, and as of right now, as far as we know, it is not happening.
Speaker 2: Here's one. What's the weirdest thing that's shown up in your backyard of your house? Gimpy, it's the weird thing that's shown up in the backyard of your house.
Speaker 5: Either. I mean, it's not extremely weird. But how I found it was I was pulling weeds. I was barefoot, and a giant rat snake slithered across my bare feet and it freaked me out, sure, and it was a good four or five feet long. I mean it was. It was a big, full grown rat snake. And I ran inside and tell Kevin and my husband about it, and he comes outside and he sees it and it was slithering under the fence into our neighbor's yard. And I told her about it to warn her because she had a small dog at the time. And she goes, oh, yeah, I know all about that dog or about that snake. He comes into my yard to kill mice, and he goes into your yard because of your pool. He goes into your yard for water. And I said, you mean you never told me about it?
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean rat snakes aren't a real problem. No, they're not. They don't really eat dogs right there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they liked the mice and keep them out way, so they're good. It just startled me.
Speaker 6: Sure, sure, I'm surprised even slithered across your feet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, usually they get it. They don't come up to people, right.
Speaker 5: Well, I think I scared it and it was like, oh, I'm out of here, because I was pulling weeds where it was under hiding underneath some of the flower plants that I had.
Speaker 2: Gimp. Nothing really weird. I guess a possum, maybe a couple of rabbits. Yeah, that's about it. I was trying to think of even if like the neighbor dog has gotten around, But no, no, no, no, uh police and police dog. Oh yeah, that's the strangest thing I have found in my backyard.
Speaker 5: To be fair, I knew they were there, but okay, what were they there for?
Speaker 1: Hanging out?
Speaker 2: What else? Chasing a criminal?
Speaker 6: Yeah, there was a police chase. It ended in my front yard. And this is a good lore of the show. But police chase in into my front yard.
Speaker 5: I saw it.
Speaker 1: I saw the guy run to the back. The police ran back there I'm sorry. The criminal ran back there, and I was like, what's he doing? And I proceeded to scare him in the way that I was capable of in that moment, which was to turn the light switch off and on very fast.
Speaker 2: Thought might confuse him. Or maybe he was epileptic. I don't know. But then the police came are.
Speaker 6: They were trying to look for him, didn't know where he was, and I was like, he's in my backyard, and so they brought the dog.
Speaker 2: They're like, stay in the house.
Speaker 1: They brought the dog, They cleared some outbuildings I had, and they never They found him the next house.
Speaker 2: So he had climbing the fence or something like that.
Speaker 1: And you sat there and watched through the window the entire sholl Yeah, goddamn right, that is good quality.
Speaker 2: My gosh. Yeah.
Speaker 6: When they pulled their guns, I decided to kind of duck my head a little further down, but I kept an eye right to tell the truth. Bring up a question you'd like to ask us to get to know us a little bit better.
Speaker 2: How do you like your eggs?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yes, I love eggs scrambled.
Speaker 5: I like them scrambled, but I like them scrambled the cheese. I like an omelet. I like them over medium. I used to like them sunny side up as a kid, but then get them sunny side up. They're always, you know, not done enough. I don't like them runny.
Speaker 2: At all, like no runny yoke or just the running.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 5: I love the runny yoke, but I don't like the white part runny at all.
Speaker 2: I don't think a lot of people do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, some people doesn't bother them.
Speaker 2: Give me.
Speaker 1: I'm mostly fried when I'm making eggs for myself, except for here, because all I got the work work with as a microwave. So I scramble them up with some cheese.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 6: I mean I love a good runny egg, but typically scrambled with salt, pepper, Calabrian chilies, garlic, stell truth. Ask any question you want get to know the show better, Mary bang Kill, Robert Plant, Gene Simmons.
Speaker 2: Or Axel Rose. Oh my gosh, finally I'm one in your boat, lindsay yeah, thanks.
Speaker 5: Geez hmm. Let's see who's got the most. I want to who's got more money, Robert Plant or Gene Simmons.
Speaker 2: I don't think I need to look. I'm pretty sure it's Robert Plant.
Speaker 5: Okay, then I'll marry Robert Plant, I'll bang Gene Simmons, and I'll kill Axel Rose.
Speaker 2: Gimpy.
Speaker 10: Uh, I guess I'm gonna go ahead and uh, Mary Robert Plants.
Speaker 2: The hair that doesn't for me right now.
Speaker 1: Uh, let's kill Gene Simmons so we can finally put that tongue to rest. And uh we're gonna We're gonna bang actual Rose because he's been effing everybody in concerts for the last I don't know, twenty years.
Speaker 6: So I was wrong, and it goes Gene Simmons, Axel Rose, Robert Plant.
Speaker 1: I figured Gene would be the one because he is. They're all about the marketing and making as much as possible. Yeah, cartoons, action figures, all of it.
Speaker 2: Have you seen this video of Axel Rose. I'm gonna send it to you.
Speaker 6: I don't know if it is accurate, but if it is, I don't know why he's looking like, uh, you know, a young Barry Manilow. Hold on a second here, because the video looks nothing like him.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's him. That's him singing a Guns N' Roses song. Yeah, he has changed quite a bit over the years he.
Speaker 1: Likes the botox he does. Huh, well, I go see him September ninth, globoy Field. Uh yeah, so I'm gonna go. I'm going to.
Speaker 3: Go.
Speaker 2: I've gotta marry Jeene Simmons.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for the money.
Speaker 2: I gotta get some of that money.
Speaker 6: I will cut his tongue off if it comes anywhere near me, though, and then I'll bang Robert Plant because it's Robert Plant and I'm totally killing Axe ros To tell the truth, ask any question you want get to know the show better. Would you rather get busted mooning the police or get caught on video smelling with relish the hair.
Speaker 2: Of a young boy under five who's not related to you, nor is he a friend's child.
Speaker 5: Say no more, I'm mooning the police.
Speaker 2: GIMPI. How where do you land on this very hard to decide topic, You, sir, are a weirdo. I'm moaning police. How do you even get to the other side? Well? No, have you ever smelled a young boy's hair before? There's a comedian.
Speaker 6: I had the thing online and he was, you know, doing crowd work, and he goes, what do you do? And he's like, I'm a karate instructor. He was like, you're a karate instructor.
Speaker 2: Everybody the way he says that, everybody laughs and he goes, so you wanted to.
Speaker 6: Touch kids, and the community goes. But to be fair, he's teaching him to fight back. Somebody texts me about a month ago, I had a vibrator show up in my backyard. You need to ask who you are in your family. Those things don't typically fall from the sky.
Speaker 1: No, somebody's just driving down the road throwing didos out the window.
Speaker 6: Like newspapers or the neighbors in their lounger like, yeah, I'm doing nothing, mom.
Speaker 2: Yeah right. Would you rather sit on an absolutely frigid toilet seat, like if it was metal you'd stick or one that is still very warm and pretty sweaty from the previous occupant. Oh, I mean for it to be frigid, it would have to be wet for it to stick to your skin.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's true, right, and really really cold, like it has to be a low freezing right correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'll uh outhouse, somebody just got done. Okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I guess I'm gonna go with the warm one because I don't want to stick to a toilet seat. I don't want to to one.
Speaker 2: Give me, dude.
Speaker 1: It is such an uncomfortable, uneasy feeling when you go sit down and it's still warm from somebody else, you know, and their remnants are still kind of hanging around.
Speaker 5: True.
Speaker 2: Uh so put me on a cold toilet seat. I'm fine with that. I gotta be honest. It's all on how you frame things.
Speaker 6: I have a heated bidet seat, so you just got to get over it for a minute and then it's fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But the sweat doesn't bother you any ah, not as much as frostbite. That's somebody else's booty juice. Well my thought there, well, no, no, it's sweat. It's not booty juice. It's sweat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But my thought there is with the with the frozen seat, your body temperature will heat it up and you won't You won't stick because you know that's ninety eight point six degrees sitting right there on top of it for a little bit. Have you seen people getting those They take a brander and pour liquid nitrogen on it and then brand they brand you.
Speaker 2: No, that sounds cool and apparently, but it's like so.
Speaker 6: It's branded, but it's not a burn in the sense of like fire, and it's like a thing that people are doing it like festivals and stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's the pussy way to get branded. You don't want to get because it doesn't hurt or want to deal with the burn.
Speaker 2: It doesn't hurt. But maybe it's not liquid nitrogen.
Speaker 1: I don't know how they do it, but it is frigid cold and they brand them and then the person's like, you know, obviously anticipating the pain and they're like, oh, nothing, and you hear the person go, yeah, just wait a few hours.
Speaker 5: So that way, so it's the same souff they used to like burn off, like like when you have like a wart on.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know how the process is.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 6: Top two smoke meats you got to see on your plate at a cookout. Top two smoke meats you got to see it at.
Speaker 2: Your plate on don a cookout. So we need to clear something up here.
Speaker 6: A cookout and going to your friend's house for barbecue or to grill out are not the same. A cookout is an event, yeah a la cultures. So the Latino comood community has cookouts, The African American community has cookouts.
Speaker 2: You coming over because I'm grilling is not the same gonna have a cookout. It's just they can't. They can't. I'm just trying to draw a picture, so you know what we're talking about. Hamburgers and hot dogs are typically fine, typically not. I don't think of a cookout for a crack a cookout.
Speaker 5: Sure, crack a cookout.
Speaker 6: Typically you coming to my house and grill, and I'm grilling. I'm making one protein. I'm not a buffet.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, yeah for some people it is, though, right because they'll put on the brisket, the ribs, the smoked blooney.
Speaker 2: You've got like five different meats to well, now we're barbecuing.
Speaker 6: Okay, grilling and barbecuing are not the same. I'm just trying to point out that a cookout is an event.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I think like a family reunion. That's what white people call it.
Speaker 5: Yes, no, no, I want the burnens and I want some pulled pork. Those are my top two.
Speaker 1: I'd say, Okay, gimpy ribs and brisket, that's good choice.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go with some sort of some sort of like smoked sausage brisket obviously, sounds pretty good. Burdens you never go wrong with. Yeah, I feel solid about those. What's Gimpy's real name? Okay, I'll be happy to disclose this because it is a well hidden secret on the show of what Gimpy's real name? And I think it's time we finally come clean with what your name is?
Speaker 1: No, I have been a part of this show for the past fourteen years of my life, and and you're right, it has been a somewhat well hidden secret of the show. It has been exposed from time to time if if you're really good at picking up on the.
Speaker 2: Clues, So Corbyn, yeah, I say thank you. Let rip thank you. So it is technically and this is where the g comes from. Gay Lord all of the cays? Was it Ben Stiller's name? Gay Lord? Falker's gay Walker?
Speaker 5: See they're coming out with a third one, of course they are.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: How old is de Niro?
Speaker 1: Is? Is he dead?
Speaker 2: Is that what they're going to the funeral?
Speaker 5: Finally? Actually looks pretty young.
Speaker 2: No, he doesn't.
Speaker 6: If you could donate your body to anything or anyone after you die, who or what would you donate it to? Like GIMPI could donate it his to the pump and they could just prop pips preserved corpse on a stool or donate it to some sixth grade English class to freak them out.
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness, yeah, that'd be hilarious. Science. I have a feeling that I'll probably go get dementia or Alzheimer's and I want my brain studied if that happens.
Speaker 6: Oh so for good okay, good, yeah, Kimby Dude, Joe Dippy said it best.
Speaker 2: Brought me up beside the juke box.
Speaker 1: At the corner of seventy first in Yale, right on the corner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yeah, that's funny. Do we have to put one of those reflective.
Speaker 5: Vests's gonna say the same thing.
Speaker 6: No, it's gonna be high up, okay, with lights in a case of a cold case you.
Speaker 2: Don't want, Yeah, you don't anything bad to happen.
Speaker 6: What's on your bucket list that you have not done yet, lindsay, what's on your bucket list that you have not done yet?
Speaker 5: It's like to go to Greece.
Speaker 2: I haven't done that yet, kimp. I like that.
Speaker 1: A traveling outside of the US is really it is on my list of things to do. And I say, going to Hawaii, but that's still part of the US, right you know. Uh so, yeah, that's something I really want to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I want to go to Japan. Okay, I think that'd be awesome. Precious sushi.
Speaker 6: I mean they have other food besides fraw fish, but yeah ramen. Yeah, to go and see artifacts that have been around for eons.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 6: Somebody text me in hell, I thought Gibby's name was Michael. I thought I've heard Corbin say, well that was again.
Speaker 2: His real name is Gaylord.
Speaker 6: Gay Lord, remember that, people, Michael was because he's kind of embarrassed by Gaylord.
Speaker 2: That's why it was such a big deal that he's let me say it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, to tell the truth, if you broke a law that would put you in prison for the rest of your life, would you turn yourself in or run for the rest of your life?
Speaker 5: Ooh, I might have to run for the rest of my life if I if I knew, I would be running for the rest of my life and not get caught.
Speaker 1: Can be that's a tough one because prison sucks from what I hear never been, but also being on the run and constantly looking over your shoulder for the rest of your life doesn't sound like a good idea either, But you would be traveling more than you would be if you were in prison.
Speaker 2: I'm going with the traveling. We're gonna run, oh, I mean, as long as it's a white collar crime, I'd probably turn myself in because you're going to a resort, right. And if I'm running, I've got to try and get to a.
Speaker 6: Non a country that won't ship me back, right, no extradition, extradition right. So I feel like it just depends on the crime that I've committed.
Speaker 2: If it's like.
Speaker 1: Reggae, like real jail, like real jail, right, Uh, I'm going to run as long as I can. It's not a real life.
Speaker 6: I won't be able to be around my family, I can't contact people, can't stay somewhere too long.
Speaker 1: Well, See, the thing is, you're going to you did a crime that will put you in prison for the rest of your life. I don't know many white collar crimes that'll put you in prison for the light.
Speaker 6: Yeah, embezzlement, corporate corporate financial frauds, espionage.
Speaker 1: Okay, right, racketeering okay, get you in for life, huh can okay?
Speaker 2: I guess depends on how much you got left on your life. But you know last one, just because it's a really funny one.
Speaker 6: Mary bang kill bartender, flight attendant, pharmaceutical rep. Now you may think, on the surface, we're talking about just the career, but think about the type of individual that works in those.
Speaker 5: Fields, lindsay, same flight attendant, Mary.
Speaker 6: Bang killed bartender, flight attendant, pharmaceutical rep.
Speaker 5: I'm going to marry the pharmaceutical rep. I'll kill the bartender, and now I'll bang the bartender and kill the the flight attendant.
Speaker 1: Okay, kim be I think the pharmaceutical rep is going to have the most money.
Speaker 2: They make good cash. But I okay.
Speaker 1: So here's a fun little psychological thing about me, right, because you know how I feel about big pharma. Right, So my thought is big Pharma has been fns for decades, centuries. This is my opportunity to stick it to them. So I'm banging the pharmaceutical rep. I'm going to marry the flight attendant for the reach ravel. I guess it leaves me killing off a bartender.
Speaker 6: Not all of them are great, right, I am killing the bartender, I am banging the pharmaceutical rep. And then I'm one hundredercent marrying the flight attendant. Think of the deal, you get the flights the rest of you.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, you.
Speaker 2: Mean I could finally get out of America.
Speaker 1: On top of that, how about they're gone for a while, ye, right, doing god knows what with other people and probably Costa Rica for two weeks.
Speaker 2: All right, we got to take a break. We'll be back.
Speaker 6: A circus was happening, and the cage, you know how they don't do the cage like a real metal cage anymore.
Speaker 2: They do the cage that is.
Speaker 6: Like dropped down like it's netting, like chain link, and then they put the lions in so they can't get out, and then the chance they can pull it up and drop it all those things. Right, well, uh, during a circus I think it was in Russia. The I just sent you the link so you can see the video. The the chain link kind of it falls and the lion jumps.
Speaker 2: Over and enters the crowd.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, hell no, I'm getting out of there. And people are just sitting there calm like it's part of the show.
Speaker 5: They probably thought so.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, it is Russia. They do things a little different, right, No, that's true, that's not what scares them to keep the population down the lion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know high wire walk building, right, jumping off a high rise for fun parkour antennas. Uh.
Speaker 6: The other thing is they have announced the winner of the Rock paper Scissors Championship.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, I didn't know they did this. But the prize is they split twenty five thousand dollars among the top twelve finishers.
Speaker 1: It doesn't seem like that much, right, Hey, you ten grand if you come in first. Oh okay, okay, so it's not evenly split. No, okay, gotcha?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, okay, Well, then ten k. That's good.
Speaker 1: There are three hundred and eighty four contestants that competed over three days in the rock paper Scissors competition. Julio Riviera.
Speaker 6: Took home the ten thousand dollars grand prize after defeating three hundred and eighty competitors. Wow, he did rock paper scissors three hundred and eighty times. I don't know about you all, but they're like best of five. You're like, eh, all right.
Speaker 1: Second place went to a person named Costi Yablon and former NFL running back Tiki Barber opened the tournament with matchups with fans.
Speaker 2: That's pretty cool, right.
Speaker 1: One competitor, a psychologist named Mark Lyle, wore a looted your mask and a shirt reading don't throw rock, citing data the most people open with.
Speaker 2: Rock, followed by paper.
Speaker 5: Rude.
Speaker 2: He was eliminated around two right because he always went scissors.
Speaker 6: Yeah, somebody told me, I forget where I saw, but you know, you go, you go rock, paper, scissors, shoot that. Most people will go like rock papers, they do it in order. So whatever they do first, like if they do rock, then they will do paper next, okay, and that you should go backwards okay, and you should always go.
Speaker 1: Backwards from what they did. So if they do paper, you do rock next. I don't know if that's true to me. It's you know, it's a pretty tough odds thing. Most people that had the best strategy was none at all. One player said he just dumped everything down and went in with pure instinct. Yeah, that makes sense. I feel like the right way to do something that you literally cannot have a skill to be good at.
Speaker 2: Memorable moment, a woman said she'd read that everyone throws rock first. She was knocked down in round five by her own son, ain't that something? I wish it said rock.
Speaker 1: But according to the World Rock Paper Scissors Association, which you think I just made up but I didn't, the game dates back to two six.
Speaker 9: BC, wow wow before christ yep wow, two hundred years before, where the original symbols were a frog, a snake, and a centipede.
Speaker 2: Okay, how are you going to make those?
Speaker 1: Because in my opinion, when you're using your hands a centipede and a snake, you're gonna look a lot alike.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure how you do the centipede with your hands exactly.
Speaker 1: You have to use both of them, right, because it'd be like your finger is a snake and then your other hand would have to cross over to make the legs.
Speaker 2: Okay, like a hashtag.
Speaker 6: So frog eats the centipede, okay, centipede stings or kills the snake, Snake eats the frog.
Speaker 2: M A gimme, I like, but how you how you? How are you gonna do that with your hand? Again? I didn't even know that was a thing until I read this story.
Speaker 1: Like, the frog seems the easiest to just make a fist, right, Frog's a round right?
Speaker 2: Uh? So this is your whole arm? So okay.
Speaker 6: So this says that there's no real good data to show how they did it with their hands or the specificity of the hand gestures.
Speaker 2: The belief is that frog was two fingers.
Speaker 6: Okay, so that would be a frog, the snake was a flat hand fingers together like striking a snake, and then centipede was wiggling fingers to suggest all those legs, which.
Speaker 2: Is also instruction on certain porn videos. They would have been.
Speaker 1: Better off just keeping a frog, snake or a centipede in a bucket somewhere and just be like, hey, get the bucket.
Speaker 6: I wonder if there was a time where that game kind of dissipated out and some Carhart beanie wearing douchebag was like, hey, let's play this. Yeah, my grandpa used to play a version, but we're going to do rock paper scissors as soon as I put my ipa down, right.
Speaker 2: Probably evolutions a thing, for sure.
Speaker 1: For sure, the fact that it lasted that long, we could still be playing frog, snake, centipede right.
Speaker 2: Now, right.
Speaker 6: The idea that people were playing that during you know, other times in history, it's pretty wild to think about.
Speaker 2: Would you say it was BC two hundred BC two six or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yes, putting the ingredients for soap on stone, right and then throwing it to the side. How many ideas did they have they wrote down and through to the side because they didn't want to get to it like soap.
Speaker 2: Right, because they didn't use soap. We'll take a break, We'll be back. Okay.
Speaker 1: So I saw a post over the weekend about Charlie's Thearn that I had no idea. I mean, I knew she was a great actress, obviously a stunning person to look at, yeah, right, But I didn't know that her mum there is a murdered her husband.
Speaker 2: Really, right, I didn't know that either, Right, I don't.
Speaker 1: Maybe a lot of people didn't didn't know that. But her mother shot and killed her husband in nineteen ninety one. Apparently her father was a drunk and violent and was threatening both Charlie's and her mom, and so the mom shot him and what was ruled self defense. Wow, okay, not charging a crime, right, And so that sent me down a rabbit hole of celebrities that their parents were murdered or are murderers.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's a lot. Do you know anybody whose parents are murdered or murderers, of course you do.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah, kid out went to high school with He watched his dad on Christmas morning murder his mom and then turned the gun on himself.
Speaker 2: That fucked up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it is why they were arguing. Dad was apparently crazy and.
Speaker 2: He uh, I hate when we resort to that. He was great. Of course, lots of persons going to go ahead and do it anyway, But I'm just curious of what the reason was. What causes somebody on Christmas morning of right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, him and his brothers and sisters were outside playing in the snow. Okay, so not in front of her, No, in front of him. Yeah, he and he heard his parents arguing and he came inside to check on them and like say, like, hey, guys, it's Christmas.
Speaker 1: And he watched his dad shoot his mom. He came inside to say it was Christmas, like they didn't.
Speaker 5: You guys like stop arguing.
Speaker 2: Oh god.
Speaker 5: It was in sixth grade at the time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right, give me, I'm just gonna start up. Stop asking you because you've had a wild amount of experiences.
Speaker 1: I I my brother's ex wife's mom killed her husband and she served time for it. That's about as close as it gets for me.
Speaker 6: I don't know any nobody's sticking out in my brain as somebody, but apparently celebrities.
Speaker 2: That happens a lot.
Speaker 1: Jennifer Hudson, her brother and nephew were murdered in two thousand and eight by her sister's husband. Yeah, okay, if you don't know about this one, it is a fantastic story. Woody Harrelson. Woody Harrelson's father was a contract killer, murdered a federal judge and oh yeah, that's a good.
Speaker 2: One fifty cent. His mom died when he was eight.
Speaker 1: Officially was a fire, but some belief she was murdered due to her involvement in drug activity.
Speaker 6: Dylan McDermott. If you don't know who this is, he's considered like one of the hot sexy male actors.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 6: His mother, Dian mc dermott, was shot and killed when he was a child. It was ruled a homicide years.
Speaker 2: Later that was by a family member or I don't know. No, it's either your parents were murdered or you parents were murderers. Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Jack Nicholson and his biological father is believed to have had a history of violence and was involved in the murder. Involved in a murder. The whole family story is messy. He didn't even know his real parents were until he was an adult. Okay, so that's kind of a pastor. Yeah, Woking Phoenix.
Speaker 6: I don't know this story about making Phoenix, but apparently his parents were involved in the Children of God cult, which was known for their abuse and violence.
Speaker 2: Mm and his brother River was a sacrifice.
Speaker 1: I guess if it's a sacrifice if you shoot yourself up with drugs outside a club and die, right, I mean, and that's what they.
Speaker 2: Want you to believe.
Speaker 5: Was River older or younger than older?
Speaker 2: Older? Yeah, he was old.
Speaker 1: Drew Barrymore, her father died. Her grandfather had a history of violent behavior, including assaults Oprah Winfrey, her cousin was killed, killed her own child. We did the Jennifer Hudson one, Dan McDermott fifty cent, We did that one, Eminem. Okay, they had a violent upbringing. I'm shocked how many people.
Speaker 5: It does.
Speaker 2: This more popular than you thought, murder more popular than you thought. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I of course have said things like I'm going to kill that person, right, but never really meant it.
Speaker 2: Right now, following through with it, it's totally different.
Speaker 6: Yeah, to make a statement out loud, I just don't get there where it means it's real. Now, if I say I'm going to kill you and then I get a gun and walk towards you, I feel like you should think my threat was pretty real, oh for sure. Or if I say I'm going to kill you and then I show up your house at midnight, you should think my threats pretty real.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But if I just say it, you know, because you're kicking my ass at monopoly and then you show up after midnight. Yeah, yeah, man, that's yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't get how people get there, but everybody's wired differently.
Speaker 2: Well, it's vengeance, right.
Speaker 6: You get there because you think you've been wronged and you are going to set the pendulum straight right of the wronging.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it didn't work like that though.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 6: You know, it's kind of like the guy who killed all those people, was it on the East Coast? He'd been killing people, he had like a torture thing in his basement. He's decided to come forward and been like, hey, I'm I'm guilty. Yeah, I don't want to put the families through all that, okay, And you're like, so it's a plea deal now right now he's got he's getting a lesser charge. And he's like, well, I just don't want to put all the families through that.
Speaker 2: Huh you already did.
Speaker 6: Man, you're robbing them again of their justice. Yes, do they want to hear all that again?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 6: But do they want to see you look really bad? Do they want to see you essentially quote unquote get you know hung right?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes? Kind of justice? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, they want you embarrassed, all the details to come out in court about what you did, and you again are taking something from them, right, And he's gonna get a plea deal instead of us more severe punishment.
Speaker 1: But I mean he could get the jailhouse justice. Maybe not, I don't know. Yeah, there's that's not real justice. I think that when you have somebody who's wronged you and they go to jail, whether they hurt your kid or your spouse or love them or whatever, and they go to jail and they you know, plea out and then go to jail.
Speaker 2: Uh, and then there's jail.
Speaker 6: Though you may be relieve that they're gone, you didn't really get to see unless you get to find out the details.
Speaker 1: I don't know if there's the same justice feeling as if you saw them strapped to an electric chair, if you if if if Bob killed somebody because the drywall business failed, and then you go to jail and on your second day you get killed.
Speaker 6: I feel like you got out, you got a deal, right, you didn't get punished, right, are you dead?
Speaker 2: Sure? Right? But there's no sitting there serving your time reflection punishment.
Speaker 6: The sister's visiting you day after day, pineapple sideways up your ass like.
Speaker 2: There's none of that. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I guess you're right.
Speaker 1: So it's like, ah again robbed, but for there to be celebrities so that, yeah, taught me off. Or if they use that, like channel that kind of trauma into their their their craft, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I think that people that are good at acting just know how to make you like them. Okay, So what I mean by that is I don't think that they're like I don't I'm not trying to diminister take away from that. They just we think of it like I'm believing to be someone else. I think there's a little bit of them going, I want you to like me, right, and so to make you like me, I'm gonna be like, you're.
Speaker 1: So awesome, right, this is so great? Well yeah, but it's about getting you to believe that they're that person, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah. But you can hate some of the best actors in some of the roles that they play when they're like the nastiest villain and you see them in that role and you can't like them and anything.
Speaker 1: Else because they played that role so well. Yeah, and that's all you see them ass. Yeah, I mean, like is not like fond, you know, have an affection for like is you? That can be a negative way too, but you're right, mm hmm. That can be somebody being dark and sinister.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I would love to be an actor and be dark and sinister. Okay, I feel like that would be a great outlet.
Speaker 2: Okay, just let all that anger out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, think about it, like someone cuts you off at work or on the way to work or whatever. You take that, you put it in a little box and shove it way back right, or you let it go or whatever. But if you could take that, put a little box on the shelf, easily accessible for when it's time to hear action.
Speaker 2: Right, that's some real energy, man, and that kind of what you can use your hikarate for. Uh, I guess.
Speaker 6: But but if I'm acting, I can kind of be blind, right, I don't have to have guardrails.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess with that, But there's still some kind of restraint, but it show there jiu jitsu.
Speaker 6: I don't really want to hurt this individual, right, I know there's going to be a stop, right.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm talking about that there's still some kind of you know, limited limitation there because you you would kill them. I'm not saying you would, but you know what I mean. Yeah, there's the chances of going overboard just because somebody pissed you off is pretty.
Speaker 6: High, right, right, But in an acting scenario, right, there's you know, you know, the scene ends.
Speaker 2: You hear cut, right right right right right? You go until you hear cut if I go, unless you're Alec Baldwin, and yeah, they don't until bang.
Speaker 6: The Alec Baldwin case is actually really fascinating. Yes, you can put it on the basic level. If he was handled a gun blanks or not, he should have treated it that way. You could definitely have that argument and you would be fully in your full rights to have that, but also to be you have to let other people do their job and you have to believe they're doing their job. Yeah, And sometimes being an actor is to surprise people of elements. And if he was surprising to get the reaction to see, right, if he wasn't supposed to fire it and whatever, It's not like he was flinging it around like he's, you know, right while Bill Hitchcock right right, spinning around and it fired like he was trying to imitate a scene.
Speaker 2: So I'm not trying to give him a pass.
Speaker 6: I think what he did has been pretty shitty, and I think the way he's handled it's been pretty shitty. But ultimately I don't feel like it's I don't know, I just don't think it's as clear cut as he was being menacing, right, I don't think he did it on.
Speaker 5: Was it the same type of situation when it happened with Brandon Lee, Okay, when they were filming the Crow because he was killed by a gun?
Speaker 2: I mean it was the scene was it supposed to be? It was blanks?
Speaker 1: He was killed by a blank? Oh yeah, you're talking about on the Crow, right, Yeah, yeah, believe the original movie.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, yeah, people make this mistake. Blanks are ammunition. Yeah, they still have an explosion. There's still a chance for you to die.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 2: They used dummy rounds apparently, which is kind of the same.
Speaker 6: It had a bullet tip, which is a projectile but not like a bullet, right, So dummy round has the projectile tip, blanks don't.
Speaker 2: But ultimately this is kind of the same thing. And ultimately they're just like ammunition.
Speaker 6: When it was fired, pushed, that lodged bullet out like a real shot, went ten to fifteen feet into his abdomen. He was rusting to surgery died several hours later. No dedicated experienced firearms specialist on the set.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, it's a different time, man, you're Bruce Lee's kid. Fucking move faster. And they finished the movie. Yeah, and they used body doubles and CGI. Yeah.
Speaker 6: God damn the ahead of it's time. See, it doesn't matter who the fuck you are, man Like, Well, well fine, we'll just continue it. We'll just use CGI.
Speaker 1: I need some other light skinned Asian fillure with long black hair will make it work.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Uh, and I wonder how many people have died on set, by a by a firearm, by just a firearm.
Speaker 1: Well there's two that we know of right there, which feels like a high number already. Yeah, I think you just just die on set. I'm interested to see that number.
Speaker 2: So we know about Brandon Lee.
Speaker 6: John Eric Hexham in a movie called The Cover Up in nineteen eighty four. That was a blank round at close range. He jokingly put a prop gun to his head and pulled the trigger. The blank discharge calls a skull fracture, which is the gas pressure, and.
Speaker 2: Then a brain injury. Died lays days later. What a fucking dumbass, just playing around. It's fine, it's fine.
Speaker 6: It's not fine, right, Look at me, aren't I silly? Traumatizing everybody on the set? MythBusters twenty eleven, a cannon misfired, traveled off range.
Speaker 1: Nobody died, but it could have been fatal. Okay, Well that's a bunch of bulls. Yeah, that's called an accident. That's called an accident. Didn't Whodini dying from getting blasted in a gut with the cannon ball?
Speaker 6: It was a trick he had done all all the time, and he had he always found the biggest guy in the room to punch him in the abdomen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 6: And if I remember correctly, the guy went before he said go and so he was caught off guard. And the whole trick is, you know, tightening your abdomen.
Speaker 1: Right right, shift your guts around a little bit. Yeah, but it's yeah, go around. He was like the four to three or some ridiculous height tis yeah.
Speaker 5: Ruptured as appendix when he got hit.
Speaker 2: Yeah did you just look that up? Yeah? Okay, I was like, how the fun did you know that? Uh? And was he wasn't set like, yeah, it caught him off guarden.
Speaker 5: It was triggered by the unexpected hard punch to his abdomen delivered by a student. Hey, uh class, and he refused to seek medical attention.
Speaker 2: No, no, it messes up the goddamn trick, right.
Speaker 5: Uh. So it was a kid, Yeah, a student.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I'm a student of his craft. He's five to five okay, my mistake. Okay.
Speaker 1: So he's like teaching down at the local community center. You know, It's like, I've got a trick for you guys. Somebody you you dommy, come over here, bunch me in the fucking gut. Okay, I don't know, mister hood eating.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I can do this. I am hey, so can you do any trick for us? Uh?
Speaker 6: Well, I didn't bring any of my prompts, but uh, go ahead and fucking give me a lick right in the goddamn belly.
Speaker 2: Hit me as hard as you can. I'm just trying to entertain. Man, it's all aunt. We hit him multiple times, Well, then that's just whooping his ass. He whooped his ass, So you can take a bunch of changes there for mething. Yes, yes, I've heard different thing.
Speaker 1: I thought it was a because you see those old videos, old movies, you know where the fat guy gets shot in the bell with the fucking cannon Ryan the cannonball and of all his flat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought that's what it was. No, that's what it was. But no, I guess he just the same principle. Yeah, he just took a punch. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 6: He was thirty one when he did this. He was a student out of the university at that time. He was one of the older students trying to impress the fucking young kids. Yeah, you fucking geriatric, go back to school.
Speaker 1: Did he get in trouble. The guy who punching you think at least manslaughter. I mean he asked to be punched.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's true. That's why it's manslaughter and not homicide.
Speaker 5: And he didn't go to the doctor, He didn't seek no treatment, right, he seek Yeah, but to be fair, they just would have done blood letting kind of collapse. After a show in Detroit, he was taking a Grace hospital. He underwent surgery, but he died because of the infection and inflammation of the abdominal lining. So they caused They called his official cause of death penicidis.
Speaker 2: He fucking moved out of the country. No, the guy heed, Yeah, I punched him, killed America's favorite magician. Yeah, of course we're gonna hungary him magician. But yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: The fact of it is, yeah, he was ridiculed, made fun of. He went, he became reclusive and then moved to Canada. So you're the child of this person.
Speaker 2: At what point do you tell the person you're dating, like, WHOA, my name sounds very familiar, right, Why? I don't know? I just Garfield, Garfield? Who is your dad? Gordon? Jay? Gordon Whitefield?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Killer? Who deny did who did he ever? Have any kids.
Speaker 6: Uh, yes, yes, because for a while his daughter would hold the seance to bring him back because he's like, because he'd never believed in any of that shit. That's why he was like he was his whole thing was to take out the other tricksters out there, okay, because his belief was those people are making you believe that they can do something sinister, where I'm just entertaining, right, I'm you shouldn't you know I'm entertaining you. It should be clear. These other people are trying to act like they've got a superpower. And he said, if when I die, for whenever I die, I will talk to you on Halloween from the other side.
Speaker 1: And it's never happened ever, check made plans and all that. Surely he said that they didn't have kids. Maybe it was his wife, I forget. I thought it was or his wife's sister or somebody did it. He had a wife, and it says that they Bess was her name. Be said that Harry's mother prayed that Harry and his wife would have children, but they didn't have any. Oh, she had a medical condition that prevented her from conceding.
Speaker 2: Oh well, then yeah, she didn't get remarried and have kids. Then yeah, it's because he had a magic cock.
Speaker 1: Not getting you knocked up, bitches, But I thought I thought he had a kid because I felt like it was somebody connected to him.
Speaker 6: Always held the seance, probably just some Yeah, this says she did it. He died in nineteen twenty six. Uh, and they had the secret code that he would contact her from beyond the grave. She held it every year on Halloween for ten years. In nineteen thirty six, she ended it saying, essentially, ten years is long enough to wait for any man.
Speaker 2: You uh like, like Houdini had a brother and then he had kids.
Speaker 1: Right, that's your that's your claim to fame right there, right, you telling everybody Whudini's my brother. I think everybody who has a famous brother, that's their goddamn claim to thing.
Speaker 2: That's fair Clinton, Okay, right? Is it? Great example Julia Roberts, who's her? Eric Roberts.
Speaker 6: He's an actor, He's an okay actor, He's probably a C level actor.
Speaker 2: Okay, Right, But it was all I mean. And he may have been whatever before.
Speaker 5: His daughter's bigger than her than him.
Speaker 6: No, and I don't remember it's either Kieran or McCaulay one of the I think Kieran was then the actor first, okay, and then McCaulay came, I don't I don't remember how it works, but everybody but one of them. Yeah, you kind of like writing the you know you're getting the hand me down pajamas essentially, Yes, that's fair. Yeah, and why wouldn't you? Of course exactly it takes an in, so why would you not take that? Jared Leto's brother, right, right. The only reason there's thirty seconds tomr is because Jared Leto is a good actor, right, And he was like, I want a brother to have something, so we'll make a band.
Speaker 2: So make a band.
Speaker 6: And he's a pretty great drummer. I would probably put him in the top fifty of current drummers. Maybe top thirty of current drummers, okay, right. There's a great video of him trying to do Chad Smith doing a Chili pepper song, like he's hearing it without the drum and he has to interpret the drum and try and figure it out. Either he's just not good or Chad Smith's really goddamn good because he misses it completely, which is way better than I and you played drums way more than I do, probably better than.
Speaker 2: You would do.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, for sure, because I don't have that musical ability to like interpret right right right, what's next in a note?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think I'm good on that. I honestly down in practice a little bit. But my kid's taking piano lessons and she gets stuck on some notes. Sometimes. My wife played piano, my mother in law paid played piano. I played the violin, and even that I probably couldn't help you with. But she goes, can you help me with da da? I'm like, well, I'll try, and so I'll do it. I'm like I think it's this ding ding ding or whatever, right, and she's like, no, that's not it. I'm like, okay, well, I don't know what you want from me. I tried, Yeah, I give it my best. It seemed.
Speaker 6: She came home with homework and they're doing long division, and so I was like, no, that's not right, it's and I started doing long division. She's like, ew, what's that. I was like, you asked me for help, right, She's like, that's not how you do long division. Ah fuck, yeah, okay, sure, that's not how it's done. Don't send kids home with homework and then leave me out on a goddamn island.
Speaker 2: Now right, expecting you to know the ship.
Speaker 1: The way they teach things and nowadays, yeah, I don't think there should be homework at all, period.
Speaker 2: I don't think it does any goddamn good. Yeah, yeah, probably right. But we did it, our parents did it, their parents did it. Homework will be there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Well, get rid of goddamn indoor plumbing because you know you had to go down to the fucking river to get water.
Speaker 2: If you're going to do it that that you know, legacy thing.
Speaker 6: No, wait, dude, but to me, the idea of them have there's a difference between like they give them time and they didn't get it done and you've got to go home exactly.
Speaker 2: That's fine.
Speaker 6: But to give them specific homework they must do at home, it is fucking stupid.
Speaker 2: I agree, always agreed with that.
Speaker 6: It does nothing except takeaway from kids being kids and giving a chance to be outside.
Speaker 1: It gives stress. There's no reason a kid that's eight should be under stressed.
Speaker 2: To get homework done, right, got a fucking ulcer?
Speaker 1: Yeah, sitting there at the dinner table with their box of tombs, you know, trying to do long division, right.
Speaker 2: I was talking to my wife.
Speaker 1: I was trying to remember when did we start having spelling tests studying at home? I don't remember doing that.
Speaker 2: Oh I remember. I remember spelling tests. I remember spelling tests. I don't remember studying for them at home. Oh Jesus Christ, I remember it. But nineteen.
Speaker 1: Eighty eight, eighty nine. It was right before I moved out of California. And I'll never forget my aunt k Anthy's sitting there because, yeah, my aunt, my dad his sister had come out to hang out with us for a little while and she helped me study for the spelling test. And one word I was struggling on neighbor neighbor, So she helped me figure that out. And every fucking time I have to spell the word neighbor or neighborhood, I always think man canley. So it's always been a thing for me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, again, I remember struggling on words. I just don't remember the I'm not saying it didn't happen. I don't remember the age of when I had to study spelling words at home. That's all my kids have ever done since that was like the first homework they ever had like first grade, first grade.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 5: I think they start on too early for testing like that. But yeah, I remember, I think I was in four third or fourth grade with the spelling tests.
Speaker 6: I don't remember math homework. I hated man not until junior high. I remember having homework in junior high. But again, it was stuff that you didn't get done in class.
Speaker 5: Right, That's how my sixth graders are. If they don't have if they don't finish it in class, it's because they ran out of time. That's the only reason why they would ever have homework. They may have brought home homework this year three times, maybe maybe some bullshit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've started not picking them up later so they'll do their homework in class with the teacher.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, makes sense, Yes, because the teacher knows. I'm like, you can ask her. I'll pick you up later. It'll be fine.
Speaker 1: It's twenty more minutes. All you guys don't have her on speed dial. We're you'n be like, let's just ask missus Smith. I mean, I don't have her on speed dial, but I could definitely email on her and she would email. It's one of the things I love about going to school where they do is I know the teachers, like I can go in and talk to them. We had a problem yesterday with piano and the piano teacher. My wife just texted the piano teacher right at school and they you know what I mean? Like that part is worth every penny. Hey, we would love for you to do two things.
Speaker 6: This would be really beneficial for us if you use the talkback mic on the iHeartRadio when you're listening to this podcast and just tell us, hey, what's up any of those things we get noted, save us as a preset on the IHEARTRADI app is another way. Maybe leave a comment in the review section or something. All those things help us make us look like we're star students. We get less, so Mark, we need to help. And you know, you can say it doesn't matter, but right now it totally matters. That's literally how they're deciding whether we do a good job. Right This is not a joke, it's not a plea. It's literally how they're deciding whether we do a good job.
Speaker 1: I see you guys are number one in the ratings, but you've only gotten three talkbacks this year.
Speaker 2: So if you could do that, that would be awesome. We would really appreciate it. You guys have a fantastic week. See ya by