Speaker 1: Oh, watch out now, look out now, all right, John, I want you watch me dance. Okay, I want you to mimic. All right, right now we're just doing one of these things, kind of going side decide. See what I'm doing here, fist like that. Now here's why I really kick it in. Watch this here we go. Oh yeah, all right, now you try little harder than it looks. Yeah, you're not doing so good. News Radio eight forty whas I'm Dwight whitting Right, there's John Alden. Tony Vinetti is on his way in. Welcome to Inauguration Day. Some people are celebrating, some people are mad, but I just hope the nation comes back as one. I want to talk about the inauguration today and the dangers of it and a secret service aspect. I want to bring on my dear friend Greg gets your aka The Sneaking Deacon. He has a book. Boy, he what a life he's lived. Man. He was a Jefferson County police and then he went into secret service for decades, leads the leaves the Secret Service, comes out of that and goes into sacred service. As a matter of fact, he has a book, The Sneaking Deacon from Secret Service to Sacred Service. If you buy that book, and I recommend you do. I've read it. It's brilliant and very entertaining. All the proceeds go to Kids Cancer Coalition, which he also used to sit on the board for that. Greg gets your how you doing, my friend.
Speaker 2: Hey Dwight, good morning. How's it go.
Speaker 1: It's cold, by the way, it's five degrees out. So if you don't have to leave, if you don't have to leave your basement, Greg, don't do it.
Speaker 2: It's a great idea. I appreciate you sharing.
Speaker 1: That with Okay, Look, so you worked a secret service for decades, a sitting president dance all kinds of If you read your book From Secret Service to Sacred Service, you tell these stories. But this is a non inauguration question. First, at what point does the former president leave the White House and the sitting president actually move in? When does that process start? Because you actually work for Reagan's and some sitting presidents, when does the moving out and the moving in process start? Surely not today? Right? Has it been going on.
Speaker 3: For a while or what?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it started, but you know, as the new president gets sworn in today and then they'll have a farewell to the old president and they'll show them leaving Andrews Air Force Bace, you know. So, yeah, it does transition today officially, but I'm sure they've been doing moving in the last couple of weeks and stuff. Some interesting stories always occur about things left behind or not left behind too, so that'd be interesting in the next few days. But yeah, it's officially today.
Speaker 1: So okay, in your opinion, over the summer, there were a couple of assassination attempts, and boy, we witnessed I can only explain it's almost like a Keystone cop type Secret Service that we witnessed over the summer. Do you think an upgrade has been taken place since then? Do you think that we're going to see more qualified Secret Service agents today than we did over the summer or has that change been made yet? Do you think?
Speaker 2: Well, that's a loaded question. You know, this is an organization that I love, I'm very proud of. I stayed with the group of about half dozen of us that stay in touch that have all retired, well we've been retired, but we stay in touch and we keep up with it, and I just think there's been a lot of problems number one is you know, the the big issue with the Secret Service now is do they keep all the investigations because that up a lot of manpower and a lot of people are pushing and watching DC for them to be a protection agency always. So that's like the million dollar question for us. But because the manpower is short right now, they don't always have enough people. You saw what happened in Butler, Pennsylvania, in Florida. You had people with a lot less experience, you know, in charge of those things, and that never were have happened when we did it. And I just think, you know, they got to fix the manpower situation and they got to decide if they want to be just a full time protection agency or also do investigations, which we spent a lot of time doing investigations. Yeah, was on the job.
Speaker 1: Because counterfeit goes faster. Secret Service doesn't counterfeit bills.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, but yeah, I mean we fought that counterfeit, the supernote, the one hundred dollars bill. My friend Jim Dason just wrote a book about it's coming out. But yeah, I mean we're all over the world in coutries trying to suppress the perfect hundred dollar counterfeit. That's why our money has all of colors safety features on it now. It never had that in the you know, up until the nineties. So anyway to get back to the story, Yeah, we unfortunately with the left experienced agents making decisions and then you know, whatever you want to call it, they lowered the standards and physical standards for physical fitness and shooting and stuff to get more people hired. I know that opens up a whole Pandora's box, you know, but the DEI stuff, But I think when it comes to military and terse responders, you can't play DEI because when something happens, you have to be able to do your job completely, you know. And if you're not able to lift the body and carry someone out there, it could be your protectee aka president and vice president and former president, or it could be one of your colleagues and you got to pick them up and carry them out. If you're not strong enough to do that, then I'm sorry, you're on the wrong You're in the wrong job.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, absolutely. If there were ever a job higher on merit and qualifications, I think Secret Service would be at the top of the heat. By the way we're talking with Greg Getcher, the Sneak and Deacon former Secret Service. You have been, You've been Secret Service for a couple of sitting presidents and you've also you've done a couple of these inaugurations as well. Right, take us through the day. How long of a day is that on the agents or do they allow Hey, we can't let these agents get too worn out and they recycle them in. I know they're low on manpower right now. But what's a day like from start to finish on a Secret Service day for inauguration?
Speaker 2: Well, I've had the pleasure an honor to protect six presidents more several more for presidents. But I did make two inaugurations and the first one I worked was President Reagan's second inauguration with nineteen eighty four and Dwight. It was seven degrees so it's that older here right now. But uh, you talked about cold. You got remember unless we're in a special unit, we're all in suits, right, Yeah, you know how nice it is wearing a suit on a day like this. It was the wind blowing. But that particular inauguration, we got up probably at five, got on a bus, got someplace at six to get our briefing, and then I remember it was snowing sideways and it was so cold that they canceled the parade. And I'm serious about this because they said that the instruments, the mouthpieces in the high school bands, you know, would have frozen to the lips and stuff. Wow, it was windchill was windchill was so bad. So and I understand that they're canceling today's uh parade outside inaugural parye where they you see the president get out of the car always made us very nervous, and he walked the last part of the White House that's gonna be inside today. So I'm happy for that for everyone. But yeah, there's you know, so anyway long day. Yeah, probably at fifteen to eighteen hour day.
Speaker 1: Now, look, they Reagan moved it inside because of temperatures. Donald Trump as president Trump has done the same thing. But do you think that perhaps it was also a safety measure because I can't recall I can't recall president with this much hatred from certain groups in my lifetime.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, that's you know, I think anyone paying attention, no matter of what political party you are, and I don't happen to have one never had one or in dependent but whatever party you are, you know this is going on. I just saw really interesting we were talking about it in our retired Secret Service group that I think it's a daily signal came out with the survey that like over forty percent of the current managers in Washington d C are are going to oppose Trump every way they can. So that's very interesting because you know, Trump knows he has a lot of people that hate him or you know, despise him and don't want to work with him. And a lot of these directors of our agency. Let me for a couple of examples, guys c I, a Department of Justice. You know a lot of these people know they're going to be replaced, so but they're still in the position, right, you know what I'm saying. So it does concern from a you know, threat standpoint. Hopefully everyone is doing the right thing and doing their job professionally, but there is concern that you know that there could be threats, and some of these agencies are saying, no, no, we don't see any credible threats. Well, that would seem almost impossible.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, that there's so many people in the world that not only hate America, but you know, hate President Trump.
Speaker 2: Uh, so you know that makes me very nervous for people to say, oh, no, we don't really have any threats, you know, after what happened in New Orleans, you know, and and then Texas recently with the car bombs. So that's very nerve wracking. And actually the other one wife that we should talk about is this drone situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna I was gonna ask you. Greg Getcher, by the way, is our guest, uh catches book. Greg get your the Sneaking Deacon from Secret Service to Sacred Service. I promise you you won't regret buying this book. Very entertaining and all the proceeds, by the way go to Kids Cancer Coalition. But yeah, I wanted to ask you about that. When when this has to be the super Bowl of Secret Service? Detail the inauguration of course, but how do you all control the airspace? Is that something where you work with the military and the and there's jets on standby, because uh, it's it's just such a wide wide span of people up there celebrating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I want to correct my charity that I'm still on the board of directors of is Kids Cancer Alliance. Oh, I'm sorry, okay, because because you know, we we work really hard and raise a lot of money and we're very proud of what we do. Now to answer your question, yes, So when you have these TFRs that which stands for temporary flight restrictions, you know, no airplanes are supposed to fly like right over the White House, right or white over some events. By the way, these like this one today is called the n s SE, and you hear people refer to that as the National Special Security Events, and so very big events like the Olympics in America or the super Bowl in America, they become these n s S THEE events, and they have these TFRs that you can't fly over that, which would include drones. But you got to understand, and we most people don't understand this. Those TFRs are like four way stop signs. You know, you're supposed to not go in there. You're supposed to stop at all four stop signs. Right. But but there's both. There's not you know that's not making them do that? Is there military Air Force? Of course, I can't get.
Speaker 4: Into all the nails, and I'm so long, I don't even know all the right But remember many a night where I'm looking up in the sky and you know, after midnight and seeing these two docks flying around that looked like stars, and we knew they were our jets, you know, for air cover.
Speaker 2: And you know that happened at Reagan up a Tanta barber his ranch. I remember seeing it on President Bush, the younger President Bush's ranch in Crawford, Texas. You know, so we do have military assets protecting us. But you know, over a city, you can imagine the challenge, you know, you know, you shoot.
Speaker 4: Down drones or other planes and they got to come down and crash, and you're in a city environment.
Speaker 2: So there's a lot of challenges involved in that.
Speaker 1: Well, that's that's kind of a true squirrel. I was going to chase anyway, Greg is uh You mentioned that you can't you're not supposed to fly aircraft into the TFR, the restricted Airplace. You're not supposed to fly airplanes into the World Trade Center either, yet it happened. How large is that radius around d C. I mean, I would think it to be almost the entire district of Columbia because once an airplane breaks through there, like you were saying, if you shoot it down then there's even more casualties on the ground. Is it a far, far big radius or what.
Speaker 2: I honestly don't know the answer to that, And if I knew, I probably couldn't say anyway, right, I got you. I don't know the answer. But here's an interesting thing. A lot of these drones, like the drones that we've been using over at in you know, type terrorism overseas. You know, they're not the size of a small airplane, right, but these small drones that we see that either hold in your hands, you know, a lot of those are made by a company in China, Dji. And as I understand it, that they have a program that if you fly into a TFR with that it alerts you fly out right away. But apparently I was just an article the guys were talking about where China is taking that software feature out of their dwight Man out of their drones, so now they can fly in there without you know, it's stopping, you know. And just so you know, Dight when I was a chairman of security for the PGA last summer uh here in Louisville, we were considered, we were you know, concerned about drones as well. Although they were more concerned about the drones flying over the Valhollo golf course and interrupting the players, like the noise stuff. And then of course the media news stations they wanted the rights, and you know, whoever was broadcasting internationally, they wanted the camera rights for their drones. So it's interesting that I did learn a little bit about drones there, and we had two ways of dealing with them. But you had to have the government declare it was a high enough level to get federal assistant And apparently they can take over a drone and make it land immediately. Oh wow, But what happens if that drone has some explosives on it? Something very so, you know, see how it gets more complicated and stuff. And then and they can also track the see who is flying that drone. It might be a kid in the neighborhood, next score line. It's just for fun, but it gets really complicated quickly. So I can't imagine what's going on in DC now. But yeah, drones would be threats from the air would be a really big deal to me.
Speaker 1: One last question, I'll let you get back to your morning. Greg Getcher, is the Secret Service? I mean, ultimately you're hired to protect the president or whatever dignitary that you're assigned. But in a situation like this, when there's I mean thousands and thousands and thousands of people in Washington wanting to see the parade, whatever it might be, do they have anything to do with protecting the crowd as well? Or as that fall to another agency? Because I know that the very second that louder than life Bourbon beyond the derby, these huge events that we have, the very second it ends, the next day little of a metro safe starts making a plan already for the following year. Does that fall into another agency or a secret service involved with protecting the crowd as well?
Speaker 2: Well, First of all, they've been planning it for a year, and all these agencies work together, you know, all the alphabet agencies, you know, FBI, everyone, everyone, AHSI, They're all they've all been planning this for a year, so they all work together and with the local police. Is very important. But I always thought it was very interesting on these drones, how you know, it was such a big issue and then the government would say, well, we don't know anything about it, which is weird. And they said, well, we know it's not the enemy, you know, enemy country, and well how do you know that if you don't know, you know, it's just kind of weird about to have the whole drone situation happened, and they blamed it on the local Well the local police have to do it. And the local police are like, we don't have anywhere you know monitoring these drones too. So but we all work together as they're like a big task force and and everyone kind of does their job. And yes we're responsible for the crowd, of course, you know, we we have. We had to go through there and take all the mailboxes out so nobody could put a bomb in them. People, we had to solder all the sewer tops, you know, we had people doing that, soldering the sewer tops in the street. Some people couldn't go in there. And you got to remember, once we make an area secure, then we have to post it with secret Service personnel to make sure no one can go back behind us and put something in there. Wow, and that's a very long cold day, you know, especially if you're wearing a suit, you know, with hopefully a decent pair of gloves and stuff. But yeah, it could be a fifteen eighteen hour day starting from all the stuff that's going on in the morning, the church services, and then you have you know, they have a White House tea. They had the swearing in ceremony, then they do the farewell to the former president. Then they have the President's Signing Room ceremony. Then you have all the inaugural luncheons, and then the parade and the Oval Office ceremony, and then budget the balls and all gurational balls. They won't pass midnight. Why it's such a late night.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of balls, Greg, get your the sneak Deacon. Get his book. It's from Secret Service to Sacred Service. All proceeds go to the kid's Cancer Alliance. And by the way, it's a very entertaining book. Highly recommend it. Hey, Greg, get your I hope and pray that everything goes right today for everybody involved, and it's a safe transformation or transfer of power. Greg, thanks so much for the time. I appreciated me.
Speaker 2: Go all right, keep the prayers up for everybody.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, we'll do, we'll do, We'll do. There you go, Greg, get you the sneaking Deacon. John. Yes, sir, it is time for joke de jour and is a mama joke Monday. So this is not necessarily directed towards your mom, because I know it might get you mad. Oh all right, here we go. Hey, Hey, John, Hey Dwight. Your mama is so ugly? How ugly is she? She's so ugly? Her shadow quit? There we go. I'm sorry, I like that. I'm sorry. I know it's not worthy about life. All right. Uh listen, guys, how was your weekend? Did you make whoopee? Weekends are made for whoopee? Or did you have your did your little guy? Have you sitting on the bench? You know what I'm talking about. I'm talking about ED. It's nothing to be embarrassed about. Let's just get the issue corrected, and let's do it with the best. Now, the best is try State Men's Health. Here's why I'm saying that they have a ninety you heard me right, ninety percent success rate when it comes to treating ED. Here's your appointment, and by the way, it's risk free. Hear me out. Your appointments ninety nine dollars. You'll walk in, they'll do lab work on you. You'll get your blood results back within thirty minutes or less. Then you're sitting down with a licensed medical professional. They're gonna explain all of your lab work, your PSA, your testosterone, all of your numbers, will go over all of it right there in front of you. Here's the risk free part. Then they're gonna give you a test dose. If the test dose it doesn't work, you're ninety nine dollars. It's refunded immediately. But chances are it will work because they have a ninety percent success rate when it comes to treating ED. When it does work, just apply that ninety nine dollars to your plan. If you choose to join I Love Try State Men's Health. I think you will too, get your love life back, get your confidence back, and do it with my friends at Try State Man's go to Try Statementshealth dot com. Stick around more on the Way, including Tony Venetti joins the show, but don't let that be a reason to tune out. Stick around anyway. It's on the Way news Radio eight forty whas. I have no idea who this is? Who is this?
Speaker 3: This is Beck the band Beck? Oh really little alt rock for you.
Speaker 1: I never really got into Beck by the Way News Radio eight forty whas. That's John Auden right there. I'm Dwight witting Tony Vinetti, he'll be here any second.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: I wasn't really a big Beck fan when he broke in the nineties. I mean, the loser was okay, they had the two turntables in a microphone, but it seemed to me like was Beastie Boys light.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's pretty good Orderson.
Speaker 1: I like that. Uh, yesterday a lot of Americans woke up and they went to check their tickety talk account and it was dark. Do you have ticket? Do you have TikTok?
Speaker 3: I don't have the tickety Talk. I don't use it very often, but I did whenever I clicked on the app the other day, whenever it was supposedly gone, I got a little notification that said I couldn't connect to the app any longer.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was never on there because there's only so many. It's just like streaming platforms. You know, you go to watch a show and they say, okay, where is this show? And yet another streaming platform will pop up and I'm like, okay enough. Same with social media. I got on Twitter or now x. Facebook was the first platform, and I finally joined Instagram. I joined Instagram about five years ago. I still have no idea what to do there. It's crazy.
Speaker 3: You joined Instagram kind of whenever it was being taken over by TikTok at that point.
Speaker 1: Oh, Instagram, but I took over about TikTok.
Speaker 3: And when I say taken over, like Instagram kind of was like the old TikTok before TikTok was really cool, you know.
Speaker 1: Oh, I see. That's why I don't see. I don't understand TikTok because I mean.
Speaker 3: Now, Instagram was more photo based, but TikTok is, you know, the vertical video, and you could do that on Instagram as well, but TikTok kind of took people from that Instagram market for a while.
Speaker 1: So is TikTok basically Instagram where you post videos and pictures and that's it.
Speaker 3: Because it's there's not so much like Instagram used to like be strictly photo based for the longest time. And then they started implementing all these different video things as well, where TikTok was always originally more focused on the vertical video. Now they can you can do a bunch of different things with it now. I believe I'm not super savvy with it, but they are very similar in their their app structure.
Speaker 1: I would say, well, I still don't know how to use his Instagram, even though I've been on it for five years, maybe maybe even long. I bet it's been longer than five years. But uh, TikTok yesterday went dark as a promised but came back on twelve hours later because of the executive order promise by now President Donald Trump as soon to be President Donald Trump. A lot of people were pissed off about this about the band US tennis star even posted a note of remembrance on other social media platforms. R I P TikTok Usa. Now it's it's been turned back on. Evidently, did your wife have a hard time with this, because I know she uses TikTok yes She upset on this, genuinely upset.
Speaker 3: But the night before it went it went dark, she decided to get on her laptop and try to download all of the different videos that she had uploaded over there over the course of the last several years. So she didn't have a ton compared to most people, but she didn't want to. She didn't want to lose all of the content she had put on there, and so whenever she realized it.
Speaker 1: Was it was going to come back.
Speaker 3: She was super happy, but she's like, man, I kind of wasted my time doing all that last night.
Speaker 1: Now I kind of get it because I use Facebook, for lack of a better term, for a family photo album, like like when we go on vacation, I'll picture, I'll post pictures of us on vacation, not so much for others, as they come up in my memories one year later, and I liked seeing that. I like seeing, you know, memories and pictures and remembering things like that. So now I can understand why people would be so aggravated because I guess they're losing. I was under impression for some reason that TikTok, you put it up and it's gone after twenty four hours.
Speaker 3: That's that was Snapchat. Yeah, for a while, remember snap Do you ever your Snapchat?
Speaker 1: I know I didn't, but I knew about it, and I thought, well, if you put content up and it's gone twenty four hours later, what's the point or No, it wasn't even a platt. It was like a messaging like is it like a texting Snapchat? It wasn't like a snapchat.
Speaker 3: You would send photos to, you know, a different user, and it was disappear after you watch the video. You couldn't you caln re You could replay it once, but after you replayed it the only time that you're allowed to, then it would disappear into thin air.
Speaker 1: That could have saved me a lot of problems with sending.
Speaker 3: Pictures good back in the day, right to people unsolicited.
Speaker 1: You know when I was your age? You know how I can't? How do I phrase this?
Speaker 3: You gotta you gotta be careful though. Right the exit, The exit is right now.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take the exit. I'm gonna take the exit. Let me just tell you it involved a polaroid camera and a self addressed stamped envelope for the return picture. Oh hey, uh, tony, kinds your question? Kinds of your question?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: You know Mike Lennings is in its one hundred and first season. It just it just turned one hundred years old. So I might go by Mike Lennings to get a fish sandwich later. Here's my question to you. Do you have any tarty sauce?
Speaker 5: Yes? For he walks in Okay.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, no, you're not. I'm gonna say why or anything like that. You're not. We're not here for your express all.
Speaker 5: There was a family and this baby was chilling. Hold the car over and I said, wait a minute, no, they could use my help. I did the baby Heimlich save the baby's life. Then okay, an old lady tripped and fell and she on the concrete.
Speaker 1: You get her wallet, A.
Speaker 5: Little CPR got the wallet. Actually the old person.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, hi five, All right, listen, uh tony, I placed a hat right in front of you, John, I placed a hat in front of you.
Speaker 5: Okay, you.
Speaker 1: Guys are gonna want to hold onto these Okay, okay, why TikTok influencers admit that some content they post is sometimes fake. Now it's the time you want to hold on.
Speaker 5: That hold onto your head? Is it back on?
Speaker 1: It's back on? Came on? It came on a twelve hours later. But after after it came back on, a lot of influencers started up. Some of our coffee chat videos were actually fake. And it's get an example of all these fake videos. You could tell the fake they don't on Facebook.
Speaker 5: Who knows the number of people that are on TikTok in America? Then we got that number? Google machine, Yeah, google that. Because I don't understand why this is important to the President of the United States, Like, why do you care if TikTok a Chinese company goes out of business? Now, I get it, Nick Coffee, old text being say it's important because so many businesses are run from TikTok. I went, yeah, industries go out of business all the time. Why is this social media platform, which, by the way, has done nothing but divide Americans is important to keep on the air?
Speaker 3: By the way, one hundred and seventy million users in the United States.
Speaker 1: I've got the answer. It's one hundred and seventy million users in the United States.
Speaker 5: Now, how many of those are are real? How many people go to that every day?
Speaker 1: Right? Okay? So well, for example, I'm a big fan of weather Be Rubs. I use weather b I used I use the Weatherby garden seasoning two times a day in the morning in the evening every single day. Their CEO, Brett Weatherby, he used that to promote his weather Be Rubs and has done a lot good for him. No, I get it, Yeah, no, I get it. And there's but there's a lot of people that quit their jobs to do TikTok.
Speaker 5: I don't get it. But if ABC, CBS are. I mean that's I.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: If a different industry is going out of business, then I'm sorry. I don't understand. Why Wait a minute, we can't look this up and no, this this platform has done nothing but hurt Americans, not just.
Speaker 1: Is there naked stuff on TikTok? John, I don't know because we don't have accounts. Is there naked stuff on TikTok? Yeah? Like Facebook, you can't see naked Is.
Speaker 3: It like red talk like red?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean X there is.
Speaker 3: Oh actually was telling us about this the other day. Apparently Twitter is a new place to watch it.
Speaker 5: It's all it's half it's it's sports, politics and porn. That's what X is turned into. Okay, he's like.
Speaker 1: Right here, Yeah, no, but TikTok? Is there a nudity on TikTok?
Speaker 3: I'm sure there is some variation of nudity. Whatever's allowed. See the real nudities for where that's that's only fans, That's what that's for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who you telling I've gotten only fans account it is.
Speaker 5: There's no difference between social media addiction and drug addiction. They're the same. We need to get d programmed from checking our phones every how. Many times a minute do they share? They share? Now, It's like Americans cannot.
Speaker 1: Six hundred times a minute.
Speaker 5: Literally, you put your phones face down, even at a lunch meeting. I've been doing something and you put it face down, but you turn it on, it vibrates, turn it over. But how many times, with no prompt you check your phone?
Speaker 1: No? Absolutely?
Speaker 5: Am I checking my phone?
Speaker 1: No? Absolutely, to the point where a couple of sundays I've experimented and just turned what. I keep my phone on silent a lot because it does nothing but go off NonStop.
Speaker 5: But I've spent a couple so popular.
Speaker 1: No, that's not the point. That's not it. Or a lot of people hate you. Yeah, there you go. Now you're cooking with gas. But a couple of sundays I have just left it on the counter, on the charger, and those have been some beautiful, tranquil sundays. Man, nothing but smelling my wife's feet and my dog's breath.
Speaker 5: That is no, it was the other way around. Oh yeah, dog breath. So I agree with you. I've started to do that like an entire Sunday. Yeah, I'm done, I'm gonna do something else. Oh my gosh, I and it actually is. I remember watching ah, like the Today Show or whatever Sunrise Show, and they took a like twelve fourteen year old girls and said, we're gonna take your phones for two weeks. They took their phones for two weeks. They came back, did the interview with the show, and they're like, our lives are so much better. I have no anxiety. The first couple days were rough, but I got over it and I didn't really miss it. I read more this was fantastic. So they went, Okay, are you gonna take your phones back and get back on? They went, oh, yeah, absolutely, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. It's it's like, well, my life is so much better when I don't drink. Are you gonna quit drinking?
Speaker 3: No, it's the dopamine you get from all the little small gratifications you get from using your phone.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll tell you this A lot of times. I'll be at home and I'll romanticize about the eighties in the nineties and how much fun it was, and I'll think, well, what what variable was not around? It's my cell phone?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, you're you're going eighty nineties up till the phone really didn't invade us until twenty twelve, like twenty ten or twelve. No, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: I'm a trust fun kid. I had one. I had one of those big bags, like in a block of cheese. Phone social media it was seven dollars a minute.
Speaker 5: And the access to the Internet on your phone didn't come around till twenty twelve. So my son at least he got till nine ten, eleven years old before he had to deal with all that. So he had a little bit of a his he grew up without social media.
Speaker 1: Yea, there are still the text barely.
Speaker 5: Remember you had to text, You had to spell it out on your.
Speaker 1: Because you had to figure out like if I if I had a word that started with ce, Like if I wanted to say, Courtney, what are you doing this weekend? I would have to hit the ABC three times to get to the sea.
Speaker 5: John Alden, I'm aware of this, John Alden. Yes, Dwight Whitten when we did the show, we did a morning show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dwight comes in. Dwight comes the Morning Move.
Speaker 5: He knows what the name of it.
Speaker 1: Stop stop make a number onean you're going number two.
Speaker 5: He came in and he goes, I think I got a topic and I went, Okay, what's the topic, dude? Should men be texting other men? And I was like, hmmm, good question, but I don't know if it's a radio topic. It was a huge radio topic for some reason. People were like, dude, guys shouldn't be touxting? Text your mam, maybe your girlfriend, or text your girlfriend? Why are you touching other dudes?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: Swear to you. The second one was should you have your phone or any device in the bathroom? And people like ninety percent Clip were like, absolutely not. Why would you take that into your bathroom?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: People can't go to the bathroom listen without their device.
Speaker 1: That's why you'll never hear me do this, Hey, Tonic, I use your phone for a minute, never because I know where that phone has been when you've been sitting down.
Speaker 5: You understand that, John?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah?
Speaker 5: Men? Should should men be texting other men?
Speaker 1: Why give you one worse than that? Remember when iPads came out, everybody in the family would have it. One iPad. There were two expenses, right, cras one damn iPad for the whole family. Guess what people did. They took it in the restroom with him. Okay, I'm good with the iPad.
Speaker 5: For I remember the first time. Remember I was up at we were doing we were covering a Louisville Bats game, and one of the writers had it in a case, you know, anyone where it would fold back and prompt up right, and the apps were on it and barely any apps on it, and he's just now look at this. And he was going and there was twenty people over his shoulder, this writer, and we were and he was going through what the iPad did. And I was like, is that the future? He was like, it's not future, it's right now. And I was like, oh, man, next thing I know. I've owned. I don't know how many iPads I've gone through.
Speaker 1: I owned one iPad, and then as soon as Samsung came up with the droid version, I jumped to that. Baby, Hey, you need to jump on down to the Southern Comfort hot Southern Comfort hot up. That's right. Listen. People say he's cool down, it's not cold when you're outside sitting in.
Speaker 5: One picture of the snow and you and Susan in the jacuzzi with steams coming up the water like you're in Japan. And I was waiting for Mystic Monkeys to be car crawled out of the trees.
Speaker 1: The mystic monkeys were in getting our tequilas from the kitchen. That's what happens if you get a Southern covered hot tub. The mystic monkeys, they just come and they want to serve you in any way they want. You're gonna love your Southern covered hot tub. What a way to end the day, just you and the one that you love getting massages in that one hundred and four hundred and three. Whatever the temperature you wanted to be water. Think you can't afford one, Think again, how about this hot tubs as low as sixty five dollars. You hurt me right, sixty five dollars a month. Susan and I were in ours just about every single night. We used twelve months, same as cash, and it was a breeze. They even have sauna's, swim spots, massaging chairs. You're gonna love your Southern covered hot tub. Seventy five O one pressing Highway. Tell Todd Gibson, the crew, we sit hi, stick around more of the show on the way. By the way, bundle up. It's about eight degrees right now on Inauguration Day, and we will be carrying it at eleven o'clock stick around news radio way forty whs,