Speaker 1: Welcome to Passion of the Soul with me Elena Lieberman, the New Power Hour for your Consciousness. This is the space where you awaken to your authentic potential, the truth of who you really are. Here we open the mind and heart and tune into the essence of the soul, the force that fuels your entire being and invites miracles into your life. Each episode inspires you to respond to the layers of potential within you and bring your unique legacy into the world. As you listen and watch, you'll discover that you can be the answer to your own quest. Get ready to tune into your innermost voice and live in alignment with your highest truth. Passion of the Soul starts now. Hello everyone, I'm your host, ellenor Lieberman, and you are listening to Passion of the Soul on Transformation Talk Radio. Stay with us this hour and let us help you experience the New Power Hour for your Consciousness. Every first and third Thursday of the month, five pm Pacific eight pm Eastern, we will bring you some of the most brilliant visionaries, artists, healers, and authors who have walked miraculous journeys inspiring you. Tonight is episode ten risk to become? How do clarity, risk, and authenticity shape the person we are designed to be? Author Patti elvi shares how she recognizes inner clarity, understands risk as an invitation rather than a threat, and makes choices that reflect what is most true. Patty reveals the pathway of embracing risk trusting yourself to make courageous and honest choices. Our guest tonight, Patti Elviy is the author of Practicing the Art of Becoming. She is a trusted advisor and strategist to executives, and she has stood beside leaders as they've built the impossible across industries, across decades, and across thresholds of deep personal becoming. Her gift seeing the essence of what wants to emerge quickly that mapping the most aligned, actionable, and soul satisfying path forward. Welcome Patty, Thank you Ellen.
Speaker 2: That's the beautiful introduction. I really appreciate it, and it's wonderful to be here.
Speaker 1: Well, it's absolutely wonderful to have you here tonight. And before we even move into questions, would you please share the moments in your actual miraculous life and some of the turning points that really influenced you in your personal story.
Speaker 2: That's the whole hour I could do that, and that continues all the time that there's a couple. One in particular i'd have to say is there was a turning point where I recognized in a training room that it was okay to give myself permission to be responsible for my own joy, my own life, my own decisions, where prior to that time I had struggled with outer judgment a lot, a lot of support. I was still taking risks, but there was discomfort within me because it wasn't the popular choice. So whenever I was in this room and there was some directive, it became just so clear to me. It's like a light bulb went off. And to me it was surprising because I wasn't that young. It's like I've had a lot of life experiences. I was kind of a smart girl. The cow did I not know that? How did I let the world decide everything? How? Somehow I thought it was an outer thing. Although my inner experience, which is the other part of the miracle, began like when I was four days old, I think it really began before I even entered here an end, but I had a very close relationship with spirit, with Jesus, and that was always always primary in my life. But I still had somehow let other people be more important. So when I realized it's it's up to me, my life changed completely. And it was very quickly. I realized they talked about comfort zundes, and it's like I already didn't have one. And I never noticed that about me until I started looking at me through less filtered eyes. They didn't. My eyes didn't get clear till much later, but a lot of the filters were removed and I began a much more beautiful life. That was my choice.
Speaker 1: Oh that's just wonderful. Now I have to tell you that one thing that just jumped out of out of me in your book was what you call flying high sometimes you called steroid of heaven on the wings of an eagle. It was very significant. So let me ask you, what is this vantage point and how is it transformative?
Speaker 2: I think I started with that. I think it's my book started with that. Where you know, it's like as I just knew I was meant to fly somehow I knew I was meant to not be held down. There was a lightness that I wanted that I believed in, and I think it started very early. I think that I came in this lifetime with not wanting to be weighed down. I had that reference point in my consciousness and eventually in my actions that reminded me of where it came from, which was absolute light. You know we all do. And that lightness to me was not a burden. The heaviness of a body, the being cold here wasn't something we are taught that we can be in both places at the same time. So experienced it as like I need to soar, I cannot not want to grow roots. I just wasn't. It wasn't my path and it was again unique, It was a risk, It was a constant battle with others. But I experienced this lifting that kept me happy, kept me conscious, It kept me joyful and focused. And you know, I write about various times where you know, when you're flying, it's kind of like the birds. You know, you run into a window now and then and it knocks a little bit of reality of like, oh, no, I'm here, I'm not there. But the other thing I think is really funny about that is when we were young, remember the stork, It was like ball from the sky. It's like, oh wow, I remember that, I remember falling from the sky. I want to go back. So there's this essence of of soaring that was just in my DNA.
Speaker 1: Oh well, how does this higher vision a line in a person that reveals it's their higher self or inner process when they fly high? How does it reveal to them who they truly are from the height?
Speaker 2: Well, I think that's the most important part of it, and that's what I call altitude. Because when we're here and this is an everyday thing. W I'm sure when this is over, I'll get some more out. I'll take a look from above how did it go? But it's the aspect of seeing a broader perspective because when we were higher and we'd look down, you might I find that there's spaces between some of the situation scenarios, activities, whatever, personal behaviors and relationships. Suddenly there's a little space. So it makes more sense to view them from above, view them with altitude. And also I think there's when I'm flying, I have to pay attention to flying. I'm from the serving, but I'm not getting into all the things that I would normally if I was sitting in a chair. There's this focus on what you see below because you're paying attention to the flight and building. That's wonderful and it gives a lot of information. We can become more neutral from above, can well.
Speaker 1: That's wonderful. Yes, yes, And you know you don't come out and say hi yourself or anything like that. You completely own it as your total self. That's not's so interesting about it?
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: You also talk about clarity as something that can change the direction of a person's life. What does true clarity actually feel like when someone discovers it.
Speaker 2: I don't I know how it is for me, and I believe we all have our own version of that. But the most important thing is to know there is a version of that and discover a pathway to it, get support, get conversations with other people that have that. Talk about those things. But it's an inner clarity, it's not an outer clarity. It's not something written on a black ord or even written in a book. Each person's clarity relates to their relationship with themselves, their willingness to learn about themselves, to understand what they want with that aren't broad It's like, oh, I want to be rich, like what does that mean? You know what's going to bring you? So maybe what it is you don't want to be rich, but you want to have an experience that somehow you relate to rich. But maybe it's just simply joy, you know. So there's ways of finding that clarity that become a stepping stone in your own life, and it's it's part of the art. Part of the art.
Speaker 1: Now, I want to ask you, is the choice to taste take risks in life interwoven with this soaring up, this higher vision? When you choose to risk, how does it tie in with that higher vision?
Speaker 2: Well, taking the first step off the building to fly, you know that window, that's trying risk, Trusting that I have wings, that's it. That's a lot of trust, I think. Really the essence of that is I trusted that I had wings. I trusted that I could fly. I believed that I was destined to fly because what I was living around me didn't seem to make a lot of sense. But yet I didn't mind it. But I just felt this inner desire to lighten up, and the lighting up was literally taking flight to me. And it was in my imagination, certainly in my creative imagination, but it filtered into how I felt about every day in my life, and I began to envision or there's a feeling that comes with can you imagine being an eagle? There was an egret in my garden today. I had never seen one here, spectacular and the wings were so giant and it's soreed and I fell in love.
Speaker 1: Well, this is really wonderful, Patty, And you know it's time to go on a little break. But before we do, I want everyone to get your information and please share this fabulous offer that you're going to be doing for our listeners. So go ahead and give us the information.
Speaker 2: So, first of all, thank you all for joining and hope you stick with us for more tips of becoming after the break. There's two things. One is my book. So all things about my book, Practicing the Art of Becoming are available by simply searching Patty lb author, and that immediately takes you to my book page at Simon and Schuster, where they'll list all the places to buy my book with just one click. I also narrated my own audiobook and it's available on Audible and Spotify. Now the offering I have just for TTN is a complimentary thirty minute zoom session with me. I call it design your affirmation and up level your clarity, up level your life. We'll spend thirty minutes together and I will answer some questions and I'd love to get to know you. In order to take advantage of that, please send me an email with the subject line TTN gift to Patty at Risk to Become dot com. I'll reply with a link to my calendar and my intention is to complete a minimum of fifty sessions with my guests. And I'm excited to meet you.
Speaker 1: Oh that's so wonderful. And I'm Ellen Alieberman. For a request for consultations or to have the special on my book or just chat with me, you can go to Dynamic Manifestation dot com slash connect. You're listening to Passion of the Soul with Ellen Alieberman and when we come back, we will be discussing more are about Risk to Become. Stay tuned and we'll be right back looking for inspiration that awakens your soul. Join me Elena on Passion of the Soul every first and third Thursday, five pm Pacific on Transformation Talk Radio. I interview brilliant creators, artists, healers and visionaries. Visit my website Dynamic Manifestation dot com Passion of the Soul where your truth comes alive.
Speaker 2: Hi there Anna, how to roach the Crystal Coach Here.
Speaker 4: Do you have things that you do and respond to or feel triggered by that you have no idea why whatever that is, whether it was something that you are even conscious about or you actually have a memory of. There is in your body stored programs and trauma that an.
Speaker 2: Emotional clearing will help you unwalk.
Speaker 4: It's called the spiral and it is one of the most amazing clearing.
Speaker 2: Modalities I've ever come across.
Speaker 4: If you'd like to know more about the spiral and this wonderful modality that has helped so many people.
Speaker 2: Including myself, please go.
Speaker 4: To my website, The Crystalcoach dot com and click on the discovery call. It's free and who knows we might be meant to work together.
Speaker 5: I'm Tristan, a shaman, astrologer and human design reader. I help unravel spiritual ideas to create change and growth in your life. Whether you were just beginning or need a knowledgeable best friend with the next phase of your journey, I'm here to help think of me as your Pragmatic Shaman bestie. I work with high vibe, lovely people like yourself in personalized sessions that will leave you with a sense of clarity that energizes you to make impactful change. Connect with me, your Pragmatic Shaman Bestie, at Musingsanmodalities dot com.
Speaker 6: Vicky Todd is a memoir artist and sculptor whose female nude figures have been featured in juried group and solo shows in New Mexico and beyond. She is also a playwright and performed a one woman show called Shine Happy Shine, and recently wrote a second play, Does This Make Me Delusional, which she hopes will hit the stage in the near future. You can view Vicki's artwork and one woman show at Vickiworldart dot com. That's Vickiworldart dot com.
Speaker 1: We're back on Passion of the Soul. I'm your host, Ellen A. Lieberman. My guest tonight is Patty Elvi, author of Practicing the Art of Becoming and Patty, I just want to ask you this question. You have worked with some very famous people and did you consider them a risk to work with them or were they kind of risky business? How did you how did you can name some of them and how did how did that go? What was the risk or did you feel you were taking a risk?
Speaker 2: I had this I don't know code of my life, which is what do you do? I do whatever it takes. And each of these opportunities were presented to me. I wasn't looking for jobs. I almost never looked for a job in my whole life. Think someone would come to me, hear of me, offer me something. And these, you know, we're some exciting people. They're on my LinkedIn. I'm not going to mention them here, but they're like, okay, I want to honor them. I always I can mention George, you know, George Carlin. That was a very special situation. And again they came to me through unusual, spirit directed situations, and because of that, I don't consider it a risk. I think partly because of my trust and faith and when something comes to me, it's coming to me on purpose. I have this un yielding trust that my life is designed by spirit, and so I don't want to question it. It's like, if something comes to me, I just go with it's really really interesting. But I've never regretted it. I've never looked back. Some things were harder than Otherre's some things I did I could have done better, you know for sure. But I have a lot of joy when I realized saying yes. It's always brought me amazing lessons, amazing amazing chances to become more authentic, to take risks. But I hardly ever think of them as risks.
Speaker 1: Oddly wonderful. Well, you know, you direct people towards a deeper relationship with risk. So how do you actually define risk in a way that goes beyond danger or fear like that invitation idea? How do you actually define risk for these people so they're not viewing it fearfully?
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, I don't define it. They do. So that's a conversation where it could be that a risk for them is as simple as learning to drive, or as simple as making their first meal for their in laws. I mean, there's all kinds of risk, and then there's risk to start a company, to go for it, to you know, trust the process to do a startup. I mean, you know Ariana Huffington, for instance, You know she had a global vision. When I started with her, she had a blog, a single blog and built a multi million dollar company in a very short time. Powerful stuff. So for me, because I've seen it done, I know it can be done. But when I work with a lot of the ordinary people in the world that haven't done that and don't have that giant vision. Everybody has something that they'd like and something's keeping them from it. And maybe it's starting with defining what's the first most important thing, what about this step. It's breaking it down to where you don't have to learn how to jump off the high dive just because you want to learn to swim. That kind of, for instance, gets you to put your toe in the water first, you know, buy a pretty bathing suit. Then you'll want to go to the pool. You know, there's all kinds of it.
Speaker 1: Just now, how does someone know whether a risk is reckless or whether it's actually an invitation to be more authentic? You know, we think, oh, he's reckless, so he's taking risks gambling you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well yeah, that's not what I think. Part of the reckless is not what other people think it is. It's what they think it is. That's very big portion of it. Because most people think my life would probably pretty risky from a long time ago, and so that's the first thing. What is it to that person? And then also is are you willing to do this risky thing and have no regrets if it doesn't go your way? Or are you willing to do it and do whatever it takes to keep achieving and moving in the direction of that goal. That risk and risks aren't meant to be self sabotaging, Like you know, I'm going to you know, swim across the English Channel, but you know, I've never been in a pool. So there's all kinds of ways to monitor and to allow the risk to be not only manifested, but also renegotiating is part of it too. It's like I thought that's what I wanted. I thought I had what it takes. Okay, So right if you say, now let's do this other thing?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, So how do people actually recognize where they have a fear of risk and it's limiting them. What are some examples of that kind of thing. They may not even know that they're afraid to take risks and they're limited.
Speaker 2: I think the first thing is to ask people what do you want? That's where it has to start. So that's my first question when I work with people, it's like, so what do you want? And that becomes a conversation that we find out what it is with clarity, because a lot of people get big picture versus little picture, versus truth versus details clarity. But then also it's a matter of defining little steps that can you get there? Is it possible? What are your loitations? Why haven't you done it yet? How long do you want to take to get it? And to me, none of it, honestly doesn't. I don't feel any of it as risks. So I can communicate in a way that people start to realize, oh my goodness, it's doable by looking at it through a different filter, not the filter of fear I'll probably fail. And what do people think? It's not what anybody else does, but instead looking through what is it possible for me?
Speaker 1: According to them, when they choose risks, how do they realize that it relates to freedom? You talk about freedom in your book, choosing risk could relate to completely freeing them. That's an amazing concept that I found in your book. This idea of taking the risks so you will be free is very interesting.
Speaker 2: And well, I think that freedom by not taking risks or not having what you want or not going for what you want. There are those limitations can be ball and chain. They can. I think at one point I said, I felt like I had been tied to a chain my whole life until that moment I described in the beginning, when oh my god, it's up to me. That's chain isn't mine, it's theirs, and I walked away and started my own, my own path. So it's a matter of what's what's going to set them into something different than where they are. So I think it is if you really wanted that and that was freedom for you, why aren't you in it yet? Let's find a way to get you closer and maybe design a path to get you all the way.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, And here's an interesting thing. Can taking a risk bring deeper peace and in a direction to your life? And how how does the risk actually to peace?
Speaker 2: I'd say by dissecting it, you know, by checking it out. Did that work for me? Oh my goodness, that didn't feel good. I don't want to do it again. So it's a learning like using everything for our learning advancement, upliftment, our direction which leads to freedom. If freedom is something we want or somebody wants how can they have that? And sometimes it's not what they think it will be. It gets them to the freedom. It could be a very simple mind pattern, you know, a way of thinking about themselves, giving up judgments of others. A lot of subtle things of way of being, like discovering your authentic being. You know, embracing risk and discovering your authentic being are very tied together. The risk would be like, go with things and patterns that I've had, things I've judged about others, judged about myself, forgiving just whatever might be in the way of getting to this, or it's our authentic nature, the way we were designed uniquely to be. We were never all designed to be the same, but we all started the same.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely, And sometimes people actually see a very large well, they don't see the higher and larger picture. It's very risky, and they see parts of it and think that's the whole pursuit instead of really giving over and saying no, that's just one phase of a very large picture. But they don't, as you're saying, they don't always have to take the full risk, so to speak. They can see if they know it's leading them to something greater. Usually people see it through a smaller facet instead of looking at the potential of the hugeness, the magnificence of it. Because they're not They see that as too risky, it can't be or they couldn't possibly do it.
Speaker 2: They judge failure. It's like, it doesn't matter if you fail it, you can take it.
Speaker 7: Read.
Speaker 2: I had no idea to be able to work with Josh or Arianna or George. No idea, but I showed up and it's like, Okay, if it doesn't work out, I find something else will come up. But that's the freedom of saying, like, you know, we don't have to complete something we started if it's not the right thing for us. That's freeing. That to me, that's incredible freedom. And yet it's not common. It is not common.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, we're going to take a break. I'm Ellena Lieberman, and you're listening to Passion of the Soul. Stay tuned and we'll be right back looking for inspiration that awakens your soul. Join me Eleena Passion of the Soul. Every first and third Thursday, five pm Pacific on Transformation Talk Radio. I interview brilliant creators, artists, healers and visionaries. Visit my website Dynamic Manifestation dot com Passion of the Soul, where your truth comes alive.
Speaker 8: Tired of feeling exhausted as a parent, I would love to help you with a new vision for yourself that is focused on intentional wellness parenting. My name is Orally Cormier and I have over forty years experience with complex cancer patients. I offer consultations, coaching, and educational programs for parents who want to boost their health and reduce risk of disease, especially cancer. For more information, go to Coralicormier dot com.
Speaker 7: Hey everybody, Oh my goodness, we have got talk great for all of that.
Speaker 9: And really thank you for blazing the trail for women in talk radio and just being such an inspiration to me and so many other people. What you're doing is so awesome, and you know, without people like you there to like really step out of the box and go for it, I don't know if someone like me would have ever read it up here, but I'm so happy to be here, and yeah, I just want to thank you for everything you're doing.
Speaker 7: And one of my major inspirations, are.
Speaker 10: You ready to listen to your soul. Discover the power of pausing and turning in on our Soul Whisper with Kathy Belmont and Doctor Pat This sacred show offers a safe space for self discovery, healing and soulful transformation. Let your inner voice rise, be heard and gently guided into expression. Tune in every first and third Wednesday at eleven am Pacific on Transformation Talk Radio. Subscribe now so you've never missed the Whisper meant just for you. Visit our Soul Whisper dot com.
Speaker 11: You're thinking your purpose in life, become a certified him with the therapist and Regression is Today. Britt Blankenship is a renowned certified Master hypnotherapist, international instructor, and author. In addition to her own show, Afterlife Teacher Sole Lessons Bringing You Full Circle, Brinn is a popular radio show guest who speaks about her sole expression, spiritual regression, her transformative method for finding and following your soul's guidance. For more information on her hypno regression and Afterlife Regression certification programs, visit Brinblanconship dot com.
Speaker 1: We're back on Passion of the Soul with Patti Lvi as our guest and Patty please share your special offer and your contact information with our listeners.
Speaker 2: Sure yes, excuse me. So, first of all, thank you all for joining and sticking with us for more tips. All things about my book, Practicing the Art of Becoming are available by simply searching Patty lviauthor and that immediately takes you to my book page at Simon and Schuster, where they'll list all the places to buy my book with just one click. I also narrated my audiobook and it's available on Audible and Spotify. And I have an offering for just TTN a complimentary thirty minute zoom session with me design your affirmation, up level your clarity, up level your life. I'm very excited about that, by the way, So to partake, please send me an email with the subject line TTN Gift. The email address is Patty Patty at Risk to Become dot com. I'll reply with a link to my calendar and my intention is to complete the minimum of fifty sessions with guests, and I'm very decided to meet him.
Speaker 1: Well, that's just great. What an offer, Patty. Now I want to tell you about something in the book that really was distinctive. There are two extraordinary unique what I call explorations in your book. One is about lying, how lying is viewed, and the other is about how anger is handled, which is very unique as to the way you examine it in your book. So what were your most valuable insights, Patty, about lying and why it's done and where it leads to. And if you would share a very dramatic, poignant experience you had in childhood with your with your father when you were driving with him.
Speaker 2: Sure, so you know these are my experiences, you know, So this is how I process things. But I was a little girl, of course, you know, went to church and believed in the commandments and always wanted to be good. And I was in my I was going to my doctor, bringing the miles away with my father for the day, driving both ways, and I was eight years old, and he didn't usually take me. But I noticed when he got on the road it was a different way, and he made a stop he called it was a workstop. And in the bottom line is he was visiting a woman, not my mom, no relation. It wasn't a cousin or something. He was visiting a woman in a store, and you know, told me to sit in this car and not move, and he was just going to drop off a few loads of bread. He was a bread man, so you know, he was in there for forty five minutes. I was concerned for a lot of reasons. Once what my be going on is everything okay? And will I be too late for the doctor and little things like that. But I mean, I was eight, but I was also pretty mature, So I did sit in the car and didn't move a muscle. At one point I looked up and I saw him in the window of a second floor window with no curtains, and there was a woman with him, and I was I think I was a little more still even then. But the moral of the story is when he did come out and so on, we didn't speak about it. But what I recognized immediately was.
Speaker 7: I had to.
Speaker 2: Withhold that from my mother. When I got home, she was going to ask me about the trip, how was the day, And I knew right away it is I can't tell her this. This is not good, you know. And I really had a connection to my mother empathically and empathetically, and I just knew this would be really, really painful and not a good idea. So I think through that period I learned that there's all kinds of why would they lie? Like what was going going on? What was I going to do? How was I going to be after I lied? But I still be good? And you know, I ran through all of these different things. And what I dissected as I was writing the book was, you know, what was going on with them? I mean why I found this compassion in a way, but you know, they had they were lying. There were lies everywhere, like obviously this woman, you know, I know that she had a husband. They were lying. My father was lying. I was going to have to lie, and it just became very, very challenging for me. So I decided to look more compassionately over time, and I wrote a lot about that in the book of how people life were protecting themselves oftentimes. I think what's most important is lies come out without people even thinking first. Oftentimes I'm guilty, Like you know, a lot of people like why do I lie? I self protection, sometimes fear, sometimes for negative reasons, but to hurt others even But the fact that people do lie is something that can't be taken back. So what I've learned and what I've shared is if there is a lie, the next thing has to be, Now, what do you do. You can't take it back, you can't embrace it. How do you correct that if that becomes the next way to get to freedom, It's like, okay, there's a lie. My choice is I want to get to freedom. So I did learn, basically to find the compassion for my father for this woman. I realized something interesting much after I wrote the book, because I told that story, and one thing that I knew was this weird thing about my father being in the window that never made sense to me, and so much my surprise, I've recently recognized that I think he was actually looking out to see if I was okay, Was I still there, still in the car? And that just again was another little thing, is like how that was a kindness in spite of the mess, in spite of what was going on there. He didn't have a loving moment. But what it affected me a lot was I felt very disturbed that these people devalued me, They didn't respect me enough. I was irrelevant, and they just made a lie of it and let it go. But I think in the big picture, I talk a lot about deception withholding omission. They're always of lying and they can all be more truthful, more honest. Period. And there was somebody that did an interview with me and he said something so profound it made me think it was worth writing the book. He said two things. He said, nobody has to read past chapter two. He said, you should have put that name out of the book. But he told me that he'd been married fifty years and he and his wife were both there in the in every room, and he said, I realized that. He said, I read that chapter pretty many times, and I went to my wife and we re committed ours to be more honest with each other. Because he relays over the years how those little things to you know, sort of creeped in. But the bottom line was it was not honest. And he said that they are doing really, really happily with this new new adjustment. To me, that was just extraordinary. There seems to be a lot of juice to that chapter.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was very much powerful.
Speaker 2: Everybody I've talked to you, it was powerful for me to write. And it's get read it. I can't explain it. Listen to it. Get the book. There's a lot in there that leads to freedom. Again. My thing is freedom. There is something between honesty and freedom. That's a very beautiful relationship.
Speaker 1: So yes, absolutely. Now I want to just move into the second tremendous narration you have in your book, which is confronting. I'll call it the dragon, the dragon of anger. And what was that experience like and how did it make such a deep impression in your being? I mean, it was there a dragon in your room, and it was amazing, it was powerful.
Speaker 2: It was very realistic. I really, you know, it was real. I'll never doubt that. But one of the flaws of me at the time, because I think I was, you know, in my I might have been forty years old, thirty five, but one of the flaws was in my very young age, anger, just like lying, was really hard for me to make sense of. And it didn't look good, it didn't sound good. It usually sounded loud and rageful. People cried. There was a lot of pain around anger, and so in a lot of rage. I mean, it just was powerful, and I said, I turned, I said, I don't want any part of this ever. I never want to have that in my life. I never want to be like that. Unfortunately, you know, forty years of that and there's a lot of there's a lot going on in my own denial. In a lot of ways, something was and I had a lot of reasons to be angry, trust me, but I refused because of what I saw. And so whenever I had this instance to bring it forward, and that's in the book story my Friend and Pandora's Box, I said she'd just unlocked Pandora's Box, the box that I kept tightly sealed and buried, and I was never going there. And that was my addiction to not ever being angry. So whenever I was really confronted, just casually and with a friend, but for me, it was a confrontation with a memory that I had that I seemed to make it okay that I wasn't angry and that nobody else was either. There was something I did that was really a disillusionment, and it just started this Pandora's Box not only bubbling up but exploding. And I think I called it a taking time bob. When I needed to resolve it because it wasn't going to go away, I locked myself in a room. I didn't go to work. It was three, four or five days, I don't remember how many days, but it was lines were closed I don't remember eating. I just wept and I had a moment where I wanted it to stop. And however, spirit works with me and the visuals and so on. But I knew that this was the turning point. Something had to happen or I was either going to die somehow, just because it was so explosive. But I didn't know what was going to happen. And it was almost like a countdown I could feel. And then here's this literally fire breathing dragon in front of me in my bed, and I it was anger. That's what that was representing. And the message was that it was a part of me. The part that I denied was this relationship I had with anger, this inability to process it, to be around it, to claim it, to share it. And the message I said, like what am I going to do? And I'm weeping and this thing is enormous and it's on fire and it's embrace it. It's like what you said, you have to embrace the dragon because anger is a part of you, and it's fair, it's okay. You know, it's not bad. You know, it's just part of being human. But you have to embrace it and claim it and bring it back into you because you leave it out there, it doesn't work. And I, you know, I don't know where the courage came from, but I did. I absolutely leapt forward and it went away. And when it went away, my whole consciousness, my breathing went quiet, the peace came in and I learned from there more about freedom.
Speaker 1: Well that's that's really amazing, and we're going to have to take a little break right now. So before we do, I want Patty to give your contact information one more time for our listeners and everything about how they can take advantage of this wonderful offer that.
Speaker 2: You thank you. Oh after all that, you'll me, okay, thank.
Speaker 1: You because you resolved after the break. You you talk about having faith to confront the faith to confront confront the dragon. So we'll talk about that after break.
Speaker 2: Beautiful. Thank you, and thank you all for joining and sticking with us for more tips to be coming after the break. All things about my book, Practicing the Art of Becoming are available by scenting searching Patty l the author that immediately takes you to my book page at Simon and Schuster, where they'll list all the places to buy my book with just one click. I also narrated my audio book and it's available on Audible and Spotify. I have an offering just for TTN, a complimentary thirty minute zoom session with me design your affirmation, up level your clarity, up level your life. To partake, please send me an email with the subject line TTN Gift and the email addresses Patty p at t Y at Risk to Become dot com. I will reply with a link to my calendar and my intention is to complete a minimum of fifty sessions with guests. I'm very excited to meet you.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you, Patty, and I'm Ellen a Lieberman with Passion of the Soul and we're going to take a quick break and when we return with Patty Elvi, she will share her inspirational vision on sacred sounds, forgiveness and affirmations, which are a big part of her life. Looking for inspiration that awakens your soul, join me eleanor Passion of the Soul. Every first and third Thursday, five pm Pacific Transformation Talk Radio. I interview brilliant creators, artists, healers and visionaries. Visit my website Dynamic Manifestation dot com. Passion of the Soul where your truth comes alive.
Speaker 5: Hi, I'm gwenhem Carsley, Transformational Body.
Speaker 12: Sex and Soul Coach. Skin and Soul is not for the tame.
Speaker 7: It's for the parts of you that ache in silence, that pulse in the dark. It's where truth slips.
Speaker 6: Beneath the skin, where longing, death and desire kiss stripped down.
Speaker 2: Breathe deeper, Remember what it means to be alive.
Speaker 6: Join me Fridays at Skin and stat ten Ampst on Transformation Talk Radio.
Speaker 2: What if You're training Isn't enough?
Speaker 3: The Multi Cultural Mindset podcast in bines counselors and therapists.
Speaker 2: To unlearn the one size fits all approach.
Speaker 12: This isn't cultural competence.
Speaker 3: It's a way of being that brings racialized experiences from the margins to the very center of care. Let's start pathologizing black pain and start challenging the system that created the bias in the first place.
Speaker 12: Visit New Seasons, start training to subscribe. Welcome to Shande Mission as School for the soul. If you're seeking personal transformation, deeper spiritual awareness, sacred music, or the support of a welcoming community. Shanty Mission offers signature workshops.
Speaker 13: And healing programs in a warm and inclusive space designed for growth and connection. For more information and to access free resources, visit shantimission dot org. Together we Can Ank at Peace.
Speaker 7: Festa Dela Donna with est Graham, honors all women far beyond a single day of celebration, regardless of your race, gender, sexual orientation, or religion. Esther helps your rise to your fault potential, to live fully in God's plan and to do what you were divinely created to do. Festa Della Donna offers programs that help you fulfill your dreams and desires. For more information and to get your free copy of the Festa Della Donna Retreats Self Care Guide, visit fdbwomen dot com.
Speaker 1: Welcome back. I'm Ellena Lieberman with Passion of the Soul with our guest Patti Elviy, author of Practicing the Art of Becoming. You know, there's an absolutely beautiful selection here that you've written. I just love the wording, and here's what it says. I often experienced that sacred sound as I practiced listening with my heart, and as I practiced this as part of my art, I was able to hear the sound of my becoming it was in perfect pitch and rhythm, and my breath, my heartbeat, and the movement of life through me. Well, what is this gorgeous message that you're you want to convey to your reader. It's so poetic.
Speaker 2: I think that was in my chapter about intuition or the sound of God. I think that's the one. By the way, I think the chapters of my book really lead into a lot of things. But for me, I've been practicing listening to listening inside my whole life. That was my safe place, my sacred place. And I don't think I gave myself an awareness of the power of that until I was much older. It was a practice, it was standard, It was a vigilance, it was a devotion. There was no exceptions. It was a priority. And then I realized the power of that because it developed this relationship with a sacred sound that wasn't outside of me. It was inside of me. And the way that is a life spring and a way was always there. I could rely on it. If it wasn't, if I wasn't living from that place, which is a lot of time, I could always go back to it and breathe again. It's like, oh, okay, I'm okay, I'm okay. So the sacred sound, the harmonic, it came together in my maturing up I call it. You know, we were growing up every day, if we're breathing, we're always growing up. And in the mature growing up, I started to acknowledge this experience and the value of it for me, and so that's where I write from it. It's true for all of us, so we can all find our way there eventually. And it's practice, practice, practice, you know, I say, you know, practice is like getting to Carnegie Hall. Not only do you got to practice to get there, but you practice to stay there. Yes, yeah, you know, because you once you're there, you don't want to leave.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 2: It's like I want to get kicked out of Carnegie Hall, but I remember being there one It's like, no, you want to get back. So it's a constant practicing becoming is it might be different for someone else. I mean, I do believe that someone else might find that sacred space walking in nature and that's going to provide it for them and there, but is finding it what it might it be? If it's not this, try something else. But ultimately, for me it's been a relationship with my inner knowing, my inner voice, my inner willingness, my inner willingness, to become more, to learn more, to recognize more, to be more honest.
Speaker 1: You know, yes, And I just want to quote from your book. The word here is in heart, as is the word art. So when we consider this, all of that, to here with our heart, to create art with our heart, it's so important. And now let's just apply some of this. Actually, you in the book have completely and are completely empowered. You believe by affirmations in your life. You consider them extremely important for freedom, piece and being in the present. So would you like to tell people about your affirmations, how you affirm things and how it impacts your life.
Speaker 2: Well, back in that time when I had this this training I went to and I learned a lot about I'm in charge of my own life. They also introduced affirmations. I really hadn't heard about it before that, but they are certainly I AM statements, and they are they can be what's present, and they often are better used to pull ourselves into becoming maybe something we're not quite there yet, Like if I am so, I have an affirmation I was using and after using it for a year or so I already recognized like I'm that already, Oh my god, and so I changed, I made it a new one. But I've actually experienced saying something about myself and all of a sudden, I'm standing in it, I'm living it. I've become that, and it's always something better. But one of the things about me is my I hands statement was so hard for me the first time around because most of my messages to myself were negative. You know, I'm not worthy, I'm not wanted, I'm unlovable, not I was nothing positive. But when they told us about affirmations, they im g words, they'd be going, I am they maybe have some action item, and I was not. I was paralyzed. I was paralyzed. I couldn't think of anything except I am alive. But that's you know, if you start where you start, and I've come from I am alive to becoming just committed to multiple affirmations all the time. There's like ten in my phone all the time, and they helped me. They come up as a reminder and it's like, that's right, you know, let me. I was kind of feel a little down. I'm glad that came up because it reminds me of something greater, something more truthful that I'm designed for myself. It's awesome, and it sort of vibrates with that place in my heart. That sound, it sort of vibrates harmonically with that, and so it becomes you have to say it a lot, like at the beginning, one hundred times a day for thirty three days, because thirty three days is the time frame where educationally it's proven it behavior changes, so it becomes anchored in in a way. So after that you use it as often as you can. But they're powerful statements designed by ourselves to support us in our everyday lives.
Speaker 1: And I just want to bring out how frequently are you show gratitude even in this one hour that that in itself is like an affirmation. So it's absolutely beautiful to be grateful for every breath, for everything around you. So is there a closing message, Patty that you would like to leave our listeners with.
Speaker 2: I think there's several things. Is thank you to everybody, thank you for the program, thank you for you, And I signed my books. I kind of got excited once my books went off to the printer and I didn't know how to sign them. And say spirit sort of literally gave me this little message. It's be you with love always, and that's how I sign my books. And that's what I'd like to leave the viewers with today. And I want to want to say that I recommend in this book.
Speaker 11: I love it.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you.
Speaker 2: It's about dynamic minister. It's like I want more of that every day, and you share everything we need. But so I just love being with you all and blessings to each of us with loving.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. And I like to add in a few lines from my book, so praise and gratitude are two of the most exhilarating transformational forces that shift energy and consciousness. Dense levels of thought are completely dropped during the focus of this state of mind and affirmations. Incidentally, energy and fullness flood the heart with positive direction. Well, thank you Patty for sharing your courageous and brilliant life with us tonight. Would you quickly want to review We have a few minutes. Quickly review your information.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got to read it, so sorry, that's okay. All things about my book Practicing the Art of Becoming are available by simply searching Patty Lvie, author and that immediately takes you to my book page at Simon and Schuster, where where they will list all the places to buy my book with just one click. And I want to say this is global, it's not just domestically, so you can buy my book anywhere in the world. I also narrated my audio book and it's available on Audible and Spotify. I have an offering just for TTN a complimentary thirty minute zoom session with me design your affirmation, up level your clarity, and up level your life. Wow Bartek. Please send me an email with the subject line TTND gift to Patty Patty at risk toopecome dot com. I'll reply with a link to my calendar. My intention is to complete a minimum of fifty sessions with guests.
Speaker 1: That's great. I had a wonderful time Patty with you and I want to thank you so much for being on the show. And please join me the first and third Thursday of each month at five pm Pacific eight pm Eastern. Now next time on July tewod please join me on my show on dynamic manifestation, developing declarations which are like affirmations and what I call Hallelujah Brothers and sisters see you then, thank you for being with us today. I'm your host, Eleanor Lieberman. Be sure to tune in every first and third Thursday night at five pm Pacific and eight pm Eastern on Transformation Talk Radio for more Passion of the Soul, where we connect with brilliant creators, artists, healers and visionaries who have walked miraculous journeys. Continue the experience at Dynamic manifestation dot com and if today moved you, share the show and like us on social media so others can awaken their authentic potential too. Until next time, listen deeply, trust your innermost wisdom, and live your passion of the soul
Speaker 11: Is distate to the estate