Speaker 1: Five oh five. If it's five k r c DE talk station. Friday Eve. Here, let's say what you want about the tenants of national socialism, dude, At least it's an ethos. At least it is versus nihilism. Happy Friday, Eve. Hope you're having a decent day so far, probably just waking up. Get your coffee out and get the day going. Brian Thomas right here, glad to be Love to see Joe juk Or where he belongs. You won't be here tomorrow. Gosh, darn it heat when Joe's not here. Anyway, Joe's entitled would take a day off even if he's not going to be having a good time during his day off. If I just leave it at that anyhow, Joss Jreckers that I get producer of the fifty five Cassite Morning Show and liner upper of Guesters coming up on the fifty five Cars Morning Show in studio. I told you I just stopped in his studio. I said, if I'd have owned, Frank LeRose is going to be in studios. Secretary of State Frank LeRose to talk about voter turnout for the primary as poultry and sad as it was qualified immunity Amendment and running for state auditor. I wouldn't have worn the T shirt that I have on today, which is a T shirt bearing the words defund politicians. It just picked that one up recently. Joe anyway, Uh, I don't know if I own an apology or not. I think he'll get That's what Joe's reaction was, Well, he'll get it anyway. Stecorty. Secretary of State Frank LeRose in the studio coming up at seven o five, followed by Tim Keller, founder of US Diabetes Care. He'll be talking about educating the public about ending the diabetes epidemic in America. And it is send you adults with chronic conditions, including diabetes. We got a real problem with hypertension and obesity in this country. Interesting timing on this headline for the Wall Street General. How chronic disease become became the biggest scourge in American health. Americans live shorter and sicker lives than people in other high income countries. Hypertension number one. Percentage of adults with hypertension just under fifty percent, Obesity a little bit north of forty percent. This is the entire US population the adult population, diabetes coming into number third. About fifteen percent of the nation's adults have diabetes. Kidney disease right behind it, just by a tiny little bit asthma about eight percent, and then COPD looks like about five or six percent. So we're in a sorry state of affairs when it comes to our health. And you know, cheers the RFK Junior for trying to bring it all to our attention. You know, again, I've talked mentioned many times. I was really happy that he got that appointment because he's not going to touch the crazy stuff that he believes in, like, for example, the Green New Deal crap, which I'm going to touch on just here in a second. So following Tim Keller from US Diabetes Care, we'll hear from doctor Paul Winfrey, CEO Economic Policy Innovation Center on Medicaid reform. He happens to be a former White House Budget Director. And then, of course it being Friday Eve, Jay Ratliffe. I heard me the Aviation Expert at eight thirty every Thursday, and I certainly enjoy talking to Jay Ratliffe. Also enjoy talking to you. If you can, feel free to call five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three Talk found five fifty on AT and T phone, and a shout out to Jenny, who sent me an email after my conversation yesterday with Judge Hannona Paulaitano, who is a massive Pete Rose fan, and I know they had that big celebration last night. She agrees with me, least in so far as my view of his violation of the cardinal rule of baseball, which he knew well, he knew about well in advance, then his repeated lies to all of his fans that he never bet at all on sports, and then never bet on baseball. Oh then I did bet on baseball, but I never bet on the Reds. And then oh yeah, I did bet on the Reds, but I never bet against him. Okay, I know he's one of the greatest, if not the greatest game player in the game of baseball of all time. Statistics do not lie. I watched him play. I know all that. But you know, gotta be consequences for violating the rules anyhow. But thank you, Jenny. She sent me an in some message on Facebook saying, I agree with you. So I just wanted to nothing not alone anyway five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty, eight hundred and eight two three Talk Time five fifty on eighteen de funes. Care to call a comment, I'd love to hear from you. I enjoyed talking with the listeners. I really do. Judge Nita Polatano yesterday you can hear Congressman Massi preceding Judge Nita Politano and mostly the Budget Reconciliation Bill, and they're still arguing over that, which is why I'm glad we got the uh uh, the Economic and Policy Innovation Center guide doctor Paul Win for you on talk about Medicaid reform, because the Left is just nuts on this one. Oh my god, they're going to take medicare away from millions of America. We're talking about able body, working age people they should be working. Got almighty. That's it, really, I mean, it doesn't really cut that much out. It's just that, dude, you use the job opportunities out here, and we're only asking to work twenty hours a week, work twenty hours a week. Put that work, make that effort toward getting a career in the trades. Look, thousands and thousands and thousands of trade jobs are out there. And available waiting to be filled. People from the industries are out going into high schools and hiring juniors in high schools to work for them. Another article just was several days ago, if not when we last week, was within the last week, talking about that kid out of high school starting hitting the ground running at seventy thousand dollars a year, because as the company went into the school and started soliciting young people to work for them, get him interested in the trades. Hey, look, you know you can be an electrician. I'd love to have you working at my company. Let's start you on the right path. You're in shop class. Great, that's the kind of people we're looking for. So you know, there's all these able bodied people out in the world. And they're also removing illegal immigrants from the medicaid roles or medicaid availability, which is good. And you know, Gavin Newsom's wanting to run for president because he just now has proposed to freeze on allowing adult illegal immigrants to join California's medicaid program. Oh why, because it's wildly popular in California's found itself in a twelve billion dollar budget hole. Got to find the money somewhere, don't you. Let's not give it to illegal immigrants. They're straining the system. It's one of the reasons why the open borders created a massive problem for our economy and for local school districts and everything else that they flooded. It's one of the areas the Democrats are on the wrong side of the Ledger politically. Maybe it's why they're failing so bad. And I can pivot over to this given the amount of time I have left in the segment. Joe Biden is obviously a problem. You and I knew about it. We talked about it all the time. His cognitive decline was evident for the whole world to see. It was an embarrassment, a global embarrassment. We all knew about it, and yet everybody around him kept saying nothing wrong with him. He's sharp as attack. Well, all these new books are coming out from all the left wingers who defended Joe Biden and said he was not cognitively impaired and there was no doubt downhill slide, And so a lot of the former Biden's supporters or deniers as I should I could say, are being asked questions about it. There's a new talking point in town, folks. And when you read it all together in one article. I got this Fox News article by Hannah Panrik, it comes across as just comical, which is why in the five o'clock I remay as well focus on a little comedy like we do with the Stacker is stupid. They're deflecting questions about President former President Biden's cognitive decline since all these books are coming out with specific quotes and examples and illustrations of it. Sentimnority leader Chuck Schimmer dismissed questions surrounding this latest book to come out with allegations of the president's decline. On cn and MSNBC, various media outlets that are typically left winning are asking pointed questions about Biden. So he's on CNN, Casey Hunt is asking him a question, did you really not have any idea that he was not fit to serve a second term? Straightforward question? His reply, Cassie looking forward. Then he pivoted over to Medicaid, which wasn't part of the question. We have the largest Medicaid cut in front of us, we have the whole federal government. That's kind of where he ended. But she pushed back, is that not Joe Biden's responsibility for deciding to run again? Meaning the fact that Donald Trump is president of the United States of America. Now. His reply, We're looking forward. Then she said that's it. Schumer said, that's it, and that was, in fact the end of the interview. So the most recent book Jack Jake Tapper and Axios reporter Alex Thompson have this book coming out, and there's a lot of quotes from it out there in the world already original sin President Biden's decline, it's cover up, and his disastrous choice to run again. Schumer over on MSNBC being interviewed by Katie Turr, who asked him, well about a quoted a specific portion of the book, and then then and asked, do you think Biden deserves the blame for the loss in twenty twenty four, on the heels of a question about one of these batcrap and saying statements that Biden had made to Chucky. His reply, you know what's coming, Katie, We're looking forward. We have the largest medicaid cut in history. Facing this, we are focused on the future and doing right for the American people. Plain and simple sounds remarkably similar to his pat answer over in CNN.
Speaker 2: Doesn't it did just answer the question that question to be honest, big yeah, answer to answer the question, Claire, talk to us.
Speaker 3: Come on here, Jersey.
Speaker 4: It's only one question, Joe.
Speaker 1: You know what, as I was reading through this article, that's exactly the SoundBite I was going to just speak to you about even adding that. But see, you know so Turf follows up and asked if Biden actually said what was reported in the book the quote that she read. His reply, you know, it's we're looking forward. Gave the same responsoring a press conference early today when reporter asked if he was being straight with the American people and posting on X in June that the president was quote in command and impressive close quote that's Chuckie Schumer's ex post report apparently juxtapost Schumer's post with an insider describing Tapper and Thompson a terrifying that's in quotes moment. That same month, when Biden failed to recognize award winning actor George Clooney at a June fundraiser, Schumer dismissed the question, saying, ready, we're just looking forward. Asked by a reporter on Tuesday, whether it was helpful for Democrats Democratic Caucus to have these books about Biden in the twenty four campaign. Oh yeah, it's really helpful, and whether he wanted Biden to help campaign for Democrats Minority Leader Hakim Jeffreys, pivoting over to another Democrat politician who got the same talking points, quote, we're not looking backward, We're looking forward at this particular moment in time. Thanks Hakem. Moving over to Governor J. B. Pritzker, who would like to be president. I think they'll have to enlarge the Oval office if he becomes president. He said the commentary about the president self was very backward looking. On CNN a sort of a twist on that we're looking forward talking point from Pritzker. Amy Klobashar, Senator mission Minnesota on NBC talking to Christen Welker about Biden's insistence that it didn't matter they drop out of the race in July, only giving former President of Vice President Kamala Harris ninety days the campaign. You know, everything we look at in a rear view mirror after you lose an election. Yes, we would like to have been served better by a primary, but we are where we are. We're not in the history channel right now. And I believe that President Biden can come out and speak and do interviews whenever he wants, but I will say this, we're not in a history channel doubling down. So there's your Democrat talking point. They don't want to answer any questions about they're lying to you, and that's kind of worth pointing out. He was a starry state of affairs. He wasn't in control of his own faculties. The executive pen was not being wielded by Joe Biden's own hand. That was being wielded by a machine. We all joked about wondering who the puppet masters were for years during the Biden presidency. Who's the puppet masters, Who's the one pulling the strings? A lot of my listening audience believed to be Barack Obama. Maybe it was doctor Jill. I don't know, but the Democrats surrounding him lied to you. Not worthy of being rewarded for that lying to you. Five nineteen fifty five kres see the dog station and feel free to give me a call. I got more to talk about coming up right back after these three words. Here is your channel nine first morning one forecast Today partly cloudy, warm, humid, late afternoon and evening storms are expected, and they say around seven pm to two am three time frames from the storms, eighty five will be the high Today, clouds of a night muggy four storms are possible, sixty eight for the low, eighty two to the high. Tomorrow morning storms in the south. Afternoon evening storms are likely about five pm start when gus tornadoes treshild downpours are all possible. Dogs and cats looting together again, eighty to the high, sixty two the overnight low with rain ending. And on Saturday level partly cloudy with dry dead which is nice. Sunday they say it looks good to seventy three for the high on Saturday. What is it right now? Sixty forur degrees here at fifty five per CEB Talk station five two. Happy Thursday two. You after Trump's executive role to reduce to the costs of prescription pharmaceutical drugs. Listen to most Favored nation status. Say what you want about it. It's price fixing. Republicans aren't into that, but you know what, it's an unequal playing field. Why do other countries get the benefit of lower pharmaceuticals shouldering, leaving the burden, just leaving us to shoulder the burden of all the fat profit for the pharmaceutical companies funding research and development. That's one of the cries from people who are against the proposal. But I've been speculating and wondering what the Democrats were going to do by way of response to that, because you know, evil orange Man proposes literally anything, and they're against it just because well, evil orange Man said it. So I was actually surprised. Representative Rocanna, no right winger or Trump fan, Rocana, Democrat from California, he has introduced legislation to codify Trump's executive order. He shared a video which he spoke from the House floor, explaining that if he can cross the aisle and support Trump's executive order and legislation, each Republican should be willing to cross the isle as well. Will basically not him across theil just support Trump and his efforts to make this and make this a law. You say, the only way lawmakers could stand up the big farmer is to codify in legislation what the President wants to do in an executive order. Today, I am introducing legislation to codify President Trump's executive order he wrote ensuring Americans do not pay more than people in other countries for drugs. Will Congress members stand with sixteen billion dollars in big pharm of money, meaning that's to be the campaign contributions that farmer shells out or with the American people by co sponsoring this bipartisan legislation. How about that? So Trump did something the Democrats like, well, at least one. It'll be interesting to see where this goes. And this legislation, the Democrats legislation apparently comes as Representative Andy Ouggles of Tennessee and sixteen other colleagues working to encourage Mike Johnson Speaker to start codifying some of Trump's other executive orders into law. So maybe we'll have nice big package of executive orders codified, which will remove the argument that Trump does not wield the authority with his executive pen to make such sweeping changes to the landscape out there. I know that's a criticism from the left about Trump the imperial presidency. I have concerns about it myself, generally speaking, because you know, someday there may be a Democrat in office and he or she may wield the pen even more than Donald Trump's wielding it. So anyhow, there's the answer to my question. I guess the Democrats actually have found something that Donald Trump does that they don't get wigged out over. Five twenty five. I five KRCD talk stations. Stick around. IVE got local stories coming up. Alternatively your phone calls, which I appreciate, but there is plenty to talk about local stories and be right back fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 5: I want you to.
Speaker 1: It's five twenty nine. If they do have KRCD talk station, then a happy Thursday to you local stories. You know, I don't have a problem if you gamble. I'm not much of a gambler myself, because you're likely to lose. That's how casinos are built. Look around you, Where did all the money come from to build this place? Yeah, the odds are against you. And a lot of people have problems with it, you know, with with gambling. They're addicted to it. The problem gamblers. That's why we have, you know, a gambling addiction clinics and programs out there in the world. That's a proposal here in the State of Ohio. Legislation introduced in the State House legalizing eye gaming. This making it easy for you to gamble right from your phone. Some of the states have already done this. Senate President Rob McCauley Napoleon Republican, once to potentially legalize a new form of gaming. Talking to State House News Bureau, it might be the time to make the movie, he said, I think there's a different tone and tenor about some of the things that maybe there there was ten than there was ten years ago. I think a lot of times Ohioans want to have a little bit more choice and how they spend their money and spend the recreational time. I think it's something we're going to talk about. Well, the reason he's doing this is because it's a huge amount of taxes that will be generated on it. They point out it will generate millions of tax revenue. Michigan in twenty twenty four collected four hundred and fifty one million dollars. Pennsylvania. Pennsylvania brought in eight hundred and four one million dollars. Oh look a revenue source. Yeah, let's make it really easy. You can place slot machines on your cell phone. State Representative Bride Rose Sweeney, she's a Democrat from West Lake introduced legislation asking that any new money generated from this be spent on K through twelve, public education, publicly funded childcare, and yes programs to address problem gambling, facilitate the problem gambling, and then seek to solve the problems from your facilitation. Again, I'm not against it, mainly because I think people should be free to spend their money as they wish. I just realize that this is going to create more problem gamblers out there, so easy to just pick your phone up and go down that road. Since any father accused of recklessly fleeing a traffic stop and almost causing a crash with his newborn baby, a toddler and cocaine in the car, please say it happened Tuesday afternoon in Baltimore Avenue near President and Drive according to his ticket for reckless driving and driving under a suspended license. To Von Lowe, twenty three years old, of Villages at roll Hill, under arrest on two counts each of a dangering children in Fairey to comply with the police. His two month old infant and three year old toddler he was caring for at the time were in his Nissan at the time of the charges. Also charged with felony possession of drug. Police found four point four grams of cocaine in the center console of his car. Green Township Police are investigating a single vehicle cafedal crash happened early yesterday morning Piers the result of the driver's suffering from a medical episode. According to Lieutenant Sabers, speaking of Fox nineteen, please shut up thirty two hundredlock North End Road for the report of a vehicle that went off the road and hit a utility pole. Witnesses reported it to nine poet one as a vehicle into a pole that's split in half. Female driver taking a UC medical centem where she was pronounced dead corner Helen County Corners Office. Tishia Schaeffer, forty eight years old, a Mount Area. According to police identification, her passenger, a forty eight year old Mount Healthy man, taken to the hospital with minor injuries. Duke Energy had to be called into repair and replace the damaged poll. Witnesses, if you're out there, the Green Township Police Department would love to hear from you. Five one three five seven four zero zero zero seven. No charges will be filed against the Ohio State Highway Patrol trooper who killed the wrong killed the wrong way driver in Union Township this back in April. Climont County Prosecutor Mark to Culvey announced yesterday that the trooper's actions April eleventh were, in his words, reasonable and appropriate for him to protect his own life in the lives of others. Officer involved shooting took place on IW seventy five year, Ohio thirty two in Clairemont County eleven fifteen pm. Troopers saw maroon suv driven by thirty four year old Kelsey Hildall of Blue Ash, traveling northbound in the South Mountains. After getting a clearance from a supervisor, the trooper decided he uses cruiser to make a controlled physical contact with the suv pit maneuver, probably Prosecutor's office rode in a press release, he was able to pin her vehicle against the concrete barrier, bringing it to his stop. When he exited his cruiser, he noticed the driver brandish a firearm, all seen on bodycam video. Trooper told Hildaal to drop the weapon multiple times. According to the prosecutor's statement. After initially complying with the troopers commands, mus Hildahal picked up the firearm again. That's when the trooper discharged his firearm, killing her. Killing her inside the vehicle body and vehicle bodycam footage shows a Glock forty three nine millimeters semi automatic pistol following from the SUV and the gun was loaded. They also found two Mosburg five hundred shotguns in the vehicle prosecutor's office seven, all of which were legally owned by her. Shooting was investigatate by investigative by the High Bureau of Criminal Investigations. Based on their findings, Prosser to call they will not be pressing charges against the truer, saying, I want to extend my deepest appreciation to the dedicated law enforcement officers who risk their lives each day to ensure the safety of our communities. It should be clear to all the police officers have the right to protect their own lives as well as those of the public. Amen, Brother five point thirty five right now fifty five care see the talk station covers since he talk to John Roman every Sunday Covers. Since he we do a program called Rethink Healthcare together and we dive into the depths of what he does every day, and that's provide better medical insurance coverage for you for less money. It's an amazing thing, whether it's medical, dental life. He works with people getting ready to go on Medicare and has just wonderful, wonderful information. He's a super source of resources and information John and his team. So I recommend you reach out to John and the team because he'll take a deep dive look into what you've got by way of medical insurance in these other areas and create it's usually a package of different insurance products out there, so you may have a product that'll cover all of your out of pocket expenses upfront your regular medical care. Then you've got, you know, something for catastrophic problems like you end up in the hospital for multiple days to cover all of that. You know, none of this massive out of pocket liability. So better insurance for less money actually get your claims covered and if you don't if one, if one gets denied, you don't have to call the insurance company. John and the team do that for you. There's no cost to this. Asking the question about if you could be in a better place medical insurance wise, ask the question. They'll do it for free and they are working for you. They have access to hundreds of insurance companies and thousands of different medical policies, so there's a different package that'll be prepared for you versus the guy next to you. Maybe you're in a small group businesses out there, you need to get in touch with John. He can improve your company's bottom line while making your employees happier. They're actually going to be able to afford the insurance. It'll be a true benefit for them. Talk about employee retention. To reach out to them, it's one of two ways five one three eight hundred. Call that's five one three eight hundred two two five five or fill out the former to initiate the conversation at cover Sinc dot com. That's coversinc dot com. Fifty five krc join the red Zen there five forty Here a fifty five KRC de talk station. It is time for the stack. Is stupid unless you want to call five three seven two three talk pound five fifty on a T and T phones. Remember to fifty five cars dot com when you were getting your podcasts, but sure to download the iHeartMedia makes it really easy to listen to the iHeart material nationwide all the podcasts and of course anything we do in the fifty five Carce Morning show. Uh we go to Louisiana U slide ol Police responded to a call it a Low's parking lot Sunday evening reportedly found a naked man inside a display shed engaged in lude behavior would.
Speaker 6: Get deliberate antility so we could get int the penalty box all.
Speaker 1: By himself or in this particular case, a display shed. Cording to police call came in five pm. Witness reported a naked guy inside one of the stores outdoor tool sheds, which are typically used to show customers various storage options for purchase. You've seen those in the parking lot. Officers showed up at the scene and began searching the line of sheds on display. It was shed number four or fifth when they located the suspect lying on his back, pants around his ankles, using an open container of asolene and what is described in the article Fox nineteen reporting an electronic device while pleasuring himself with taser drawn please say, the officer order the man to pull up his pants and roll onto his stomach to be handcuffed. Well, at least they wanted him do that. For the purpose of being handcuffed. Please say the man complied without resistance. Reportedly admitted to his actions. I guess soustance. They caught him in the middle of it, telling officers he was watching you two tube at the time. Rested on one count of vicinity and booked into jail the residence of Slidell, Louisiana'll be happy to know the man was not from their town. Wow. That paints a real wild visual, doesn't it. We go to West Virginia, Clawdon, West Virginia, specifically, mom from there ran and hid from Child Protective Services during a welfare check. Corning to the criminal complaint, deputies and child Protective Service workers has arrived at Brittney Vandale's home in Culdon. No one answered the door. Officials walked around back to the home and heard a child crying in the bushes nearby. When asked why she ran into the woods with the child, Vandell reportedly said she was tired of dealing with the cops and CPS.
Speaker 5: Do what the hell.
Speaker 1: A corner to the criminal complaint, flies were seen in the home, which officials described as unlivable, with an extreme odor of fecal matter and Urine Court officials drive Fecal matter found on the child's face, neck, and legs. Child shorts also appear to be staying with Urine van Dale also covered in filth the court of the deputies arrested for child neglect creating risk of injury or resulting in injury. Child is now, of course, in CPS custody. How about this one. We'll get to Pokemon cards in the next one. Shoe Norwalk, Ohio, Chief police there said South of Sandusky confirmed a man was recently arrested arrested for his congratulations twentieth DUI courtA Chief Scott Dollgren. Seventy five year old Spencer Baltanik arrested in May second while driving erratically rest of fort States. He was driving under the speed limit fifteen miles per hour and of twenty five, then sped up, then slowed down to fifteen and a thirty five. After stopping his van in a crosswalk and seeing the plate was registered to a suspended driver, the officer pulled him over and an officer smelled a strong art of alcohol. Baldnick tried to explain he spilled beer in the van. This was a twenty time he's been arrested, but the last time was in twenty twelve. Baltnick arrested for DUI in twenty twelve to two thousand and nine, two times in two thoy nine, nineteen ninety nine, ninety four, ninety three, eighty nine, twice in eighty eight, eighty four, eighty three, eighty two, twice, three times in nineteen eighty, nineteen seventy nine, and nineteen seventy four. I don't know if they gave him a plaque for this one, Joe, I mean, it is kind of a a milestone state of how does have a habitual ov IDUI registered website. It says Baltnick doesn't qualify to be listed on the side of person must have five convictions during the past twenty years, and at least one of the convictions must have been since the law took effect, which was September thirtieth, two thousand and eight, five forty five ety five K see the talks station odor exit. It would get rid of the smell of beer. If he had otoor exit products, maybe he wouldn't have he wouldn't have smelled like beer, although it was probably on his breath. But if he had spilled it in his car. Oto exit has a product for that. I'm certain mold, mildew, smoke like weed. It works on that. It's actually showed on the website he used to have says medical marijuana, the rules of change in the state of Ohio. But if you've got an odery one who eradicate, odor exit comes with the one hundred percent satisfaction guarantee you made right here in the Greater Cincinnati are and they've been at this for twenty five years. Congratulations. Odo exit. To find out which product you need, to learn how to use it and have it chipped to your home. You can order it directly from the website, which is odo rxit odor exit dot com. No E, you need it today. You need to get that beer smell out of your car. Go buy it locally. There's a search engine on the website which I'll tell you where it's sold locally, and it's sold literally everywhere all over town. Just find the spot closest to you. Odor egsit dot com works on everything except the stench of politics.
Speaker 5: Fifty five krc.
Speaker 1: Chena nine first morning weather forecast tells us today is going to be partly cloudy, warm, and humid late after an evening storms expected around seven pm. They'll begin eighty five for the high. Today, overnight low is sixty eight with a few more storms possible got morning storms in the South. Tomorrow morning after an evening storms are likely for the general areas starting around five pm, and they say wind, gus, tornadoes and trenchil downfurs are all possible. Tomorrow's high eighty two, overnight low is sixty two with rain ending and a partly cloudy dry Saturday with the highest seventy three sixty four. Right now, time for traffic probably you see how Traffic Center.
Speaker 7: You see health tands expert in primacare focusing non prevention, treating injuries and supporting long term recovery and rehabilitation.
Speaker 1: Learn more.
Speaker 7: D you see how dot com Busy morning in Bend. Seventy four cruiser working with an accent in on the ramp to southbound seventy five. Left lane is blocked on the ramp northbound seventy one.
Speaker 1: There's an accident at Kenwood Road. The right two.
Speaker 7: Lanes are currently blocked off for that wreck. Chuck Ingram on fifty five krc DE talk station.
Speaker 1: Five fifty here fifty five kr CD talk station looking forward to having Secretary State Frank Larrose in the studio COVID at seven oh five. Tim Kellor, founder of US Diabetes Care, also in the seven o'clock hour seven thirty. He's trying to educate the public about ending the diabetes epidemic in America. Back over to the eastack is stupid. Wow, that's a lot of tequila. Alabama, Limestone County, specifically, a commercial truck driver charged with murder accused of causing eight crashes over the span of miles during rush hour traffic on I sixty five. I've Alabama Uniform Traffic crash report says John McAdams admitted to state troopers to drinking, in his words, quote an unknown amount of tequila that before the crashes that spanned about twenty eight miles on the interstate seven May sixth He's since been charged with murder, driving under the influence, and leaving the scene of an accident. Accused of killing Willie Hendrick of Adamsville. Hendrick's mother said he was driving home that day when the crash happened. He played football for Austin p State University. Thirty state reports have been completed for about four to eight crashes. The corner of the report's first crash six forty five pm, McAdam store investigators he pulled over a semi truck at the three hundred and sixty five mile marker to arrest and drank tequila before taking a nap a cord to the officer's report. After waking up, he got back on the road, but didn't remember the specific details of when or why. Shortly after pulling back on the interstate, McAdams twice hit a driver in the sedan while going eight e five miles an hour. Driver able to exit the Interstate was transported to the Athens Hospital, and then he picked up speed before slamming into Hadric's car. Six miles after the first crash, going ninety miles an hour corner of the troopers report, McAdams aggressively struck Hadrick's vehicle, forcing him off the road into a ditch, and then it rolled several times. Hadrick partially ejected from the car a corner of the prish he was pronounced oad oft the scene. Next crashed a few minutes later miles down the road. The Godoms accused of crashing into the back of an suv going ninety miles per hour and partially over rode the bumper driver was able to pull off to the side next crashed mile posts three forty six. Victim told investigators he saw the semi truck in his rear view mirror and sped up to move to a different lane, but was still hit from behind and forced off the road. The Godams continued driving down I sixty five southbound for twelve more miles before he could no longer operate the vehicle and came to a controlled stops. He agreed to field sobriety tests, which revealed several clues of impairment, according to the troopers. Not clear how much time passed between his admission of drinking tequila and his booking into the Limestone County Jail. Court records vealed the result of his breath alcohol tests being point zero nine above the legal limit. Yeah h Pokemon cards. I guess there's still a thing. Florence, Kentucky. Businesses on Mall Road and Florence have claimed a pair of thieves caught stealing over one thousand dollars worth the Pokemon cards. Thank you, Joe, you could have a semi truck filled with Pokemon cards. I wouldn't give you a thousand dollars for him? What is with people? Spot? Fox nineteen spoke to the man reportedly chased him out of the game Stock parking lot immediately after the second incident. Owner of Mall Road Treasures, a vendor there the mall, told Fox nineteen that on May eighth, the two men caught on surveillance video breaking into a display cabinet stealing the three Pokemon cards, posted the video on social media. The interviewed Jerry Carpenter, also a vendor at mal Road Treasures, saw the surveillance video. Carpenter said he was down in the street down the street at game stop the next day when he saw a pair of men. Soon realized they were from the surveillance video, got on the back of his car and looked to the video up on his phone to confirm it. That's when Carpenter said the men bolted out of the game stop. He said they had stolen a whole rack of Pokemon cards and jumped into the car. Carpenter said he told his son to buckle up. They followed the car to the parking lot. He said he called nine to one one while his son took pictures of the vehicle they were driving. He said police told him to stop following the car, so he went back to the game stop to tell the manager that he had been robbed. Fox nineteen speaking with the manager, who said he didn't realize what had happened, said he called nine to one one and police told him the alleged thieves had already been caught. Merchandise was returned the next day. Merchandise stolen from All Rose Treasures again, allegedly worth over one thousand dollars. I like the fact that the word allegedly is in there, Pokemon cards. You're reading my mind this morning, Joe five fifty five ify five krs of the talk station, feel free to call feel lonely this morning five one, three, seven two three Talk down five fifty on your AT and T phones. And I knew it. I knew it. Chinese are the ones that are shoving this green energy crap down our throats because they make fat bank off of it. But they also are spying on us and could put us at risk. Scary stuff to report coming up after the top of the hour. News will be right back. Another update coming up.
Speaker 2: The day's top stories at the top of the hour, important.
Speaker 5: Issues that are facing this country.
Speaker 1: On fifty five krs the talk station. I have fifty five kr see the talk station. Have a very happy Thursday to you. By the time I was second four to the next hour seven to five with Secry State Frank Rose and Studio talk about the paltry voter turnout for the Primary Qualified Immunity Amendment and running for state Auditor. Jim Kullak joins a program at seven thirty, founder of the US Diabetes Care It's an organization. He's going to be speaking about educating the public about ending the diabetes epidemic in America. And it is really a bad situation we've got going on here. Doctor Paul Winfrey, CEO Economic Policy Innovation Center on to discuss Medicaid reform, which has got the Democrats all wigged out. The former White House Budget Director Jay Ratliffe, I heard med the Aviation Expert every Thursday at eight thirty. Quite a few topics to go over with Jay and Jack Dan in the show. On a fun note on a Thursday, which is typically the case with Jay Ratliffe. Love hearing from you. Going to go to the phones right now, five one three seven four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eight two three You talk pound five fifty on AT and T phones. Jay, thanks for calling the program this morning. And Happy Thursday, Hey, Happy Thursdayday, Bryan.
Speaker 4: Hey.
Speaker 6: Wanted to tell you about an experiment I ran recently regarding the Browns and their six hundred million dollar gifts I guess from the Ohio taxpayers. I called the Attorney General's office and also the auditor State Auditor's Office, and they have a fraud hotline, and so I reported it as fraud and just to see if I could get somebody to say yes or no, this is or is not constitutional. You could put your finger on the part of the Ohio State Constitution that allows us to happen. And the State Auditor's Office sent me an email back saying, quote, we discussed it, it's staff and decided there's nothing nothing really to pursue here. And that's all the response I got from the Auditor's Office, which I think their purpose and the reason they exist is to make sure that Ohio tax dollars aren't being wasted. The other point I made to them is recall that Jobs Ohio exists is a private public partnership where all the liquor license sales in the state of Ohio goes to Jobs Ohio, and that's where our economic development dollars are supposed to be be coming from and funded through Jobs Ohio, which just recently got like a ten or fifteen year extension. This is the six hundred million that the Browns didn't come from Jobs Ohio. They came out of just general legislation, out of the you know we're gonna we're gonna raise bonds to fund this called the Attorney General's office, and it wasn't any better. They they pretty much told me that if I wanted to get any help, I need to have to hire a lawyer. And I told them I already did. It's called the Ohio Attorney General's Office, and I'm asking them, do you not support the Ohio taxpayers? And they told me no, we represent the state of Ohio and the departments within the state of Ohio. I had to go up through three people before I was able to get a hold of a guy who agreed with me that they're supposed to be acting on behalf of the Ohio taxpayers. But then he told me to stay tuned. You know that gun contact my legislator. Yes, he said, well, it hasn't been voted on in the Senate. I said, this is not the point. I'm not talking to you about what the legislative process is. I'm asking you, are you the highest law enforcement and can you put your finger on the part of the constitution that what allows this to happen? And how is this any different from Larry Householders bail.
Speaker 8: Out of First Energy?
Speaker 6: And there was no good answers. But you know, Matt Hoffman is just a cheaper horner than Larry Householder. I think his campaign donation from the Browns with sixty three thousand dollars or six hundred million. So First Energy probably needs to talk to the Browns to figure out to get maybe pointers on how to buy influence with Republicans in Columbus. But I wanted to get your opinion on this. Am I way out of in left field on reporting this as fraud?
Speaker 1: Yeah? If fraud, is it wrongful or deception intended to result in financial personal gain. Now, what you have here is a situation where you're trying to find someone who actually represents the taxpayers of the state of Ohio. That's who our elected officials are supposed to be They're supposed to represent us and our interests. Now, clearly they are interested in helping the Browns. And I suppose the retort will be that, well, this is a worthwhile investment because the amount of taxpayer dollars that will be generated as a consequence of this stadium and the activities that go on around it will be a net plus for the state of Ohio, or at least for Cuyahoga County. So and they'll cite some nonsensical Barber Streiss in a foundation survey that will support that, Yeah, this is going to bring in a lot of jobs, is going to bring a lot of tax revenue, it's going to generate a lot of interest, et cetera, and ergo, it's worth the investment. And you know, I'm using that term delicately of six hundred million dollars in Ohio tax payer dollars and the debt goes along with it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, but the Browns have been around for seventy years and is still a dumb so uh, I would I would say, I would say it's trying to call that a failed experiment on that Ohio tax payer funding. Well, it's it'd be it'd be a great question for frank LeRose if he was to get down Auditor's office. Number one, my favorite topic is what about this medicaid fraud? Where are we.
Speaker 9: At right now?
Speaker 6: Are we still last in the country? And can we take that a fraction of the six hundred million we're going to give to the Browns. Could we have put a hundred million into the fixing the system across eighty eight counties? Where Keith Faber said it it smells like work, it looks kind of hard. Therefore, I'd rather not which Frank LeRose take that on, and would he also take a look at this, as somebody explained to me, the difference between Larry Householder and First Energy and Matt Humpman and the Cleveland Browns.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's a fair point you're making on that. Obviously, campaign contributions flowed into him. Uh and uh the money came from the Browns and the family in the in the in the group that owns the Browns. So there's there's an interesting parallel that can be drawn there. But let's face it, every single day of the year, some politician is getting money from somebody that's got a vested interest in legislation that's coming out of the u of the House and Senate. It's just the way politics works.
Speaker 10: I mean, that's why some people who's our watchdog, Brian is the Attorney General's office?
Speaker 6: Is it the auditors who's not doing their job here?
Speaker 1: We aren't doing our job. The phone should be lit up. A yeah, we have an obligation to scream bloody murder at those guys for even considering the proposal in the first place. I mean, we have an obligation to our fellow citizens to to to light the phones up and say this must stop. You know, I would hope.
Speaker 6: That there is there's more safeguards that if they can't put their finger on them a part of the constitution that says that this is allowed, that there would be some watchdog Otherwise, you know what, just cut the Attorney General's office, cut the Auditor's office. It's one more expensive we don't need.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll agree with you another expense we don't need. I'll agree with you that it just stinks of impropriety. We're paying for a private company's play field. It it won't be used much during the year, and it's just wrong. Across the board. But these are the who these are the people that we elected. And remember it hasn't passed yet. I mean, you know, if you're gonna like the phones of get in touch with your senator, say hell no, I.
Speaker 6: Haven't believed me. But I'm thinking that if we are just the state of Ohio is just the wild West where we have all of these false front attorney generals as state auditors. But really it's going to fall in the back of voters to guide the politicians with no oversight of who is the one that's going to throw the flag and say that's not in the constitution. Plus, we have this thing called drops Ohio Economic Development Dollars we're supposed to come out of there. What's this other bucket of money coming out of the general fund that we're going to raise debt to go fund. I haven't heard anybody ask that question. That seems like we've extended jobs Ohio ten fifteen more years recently the inxpectation to death six hundred million come out of there.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I can't argue with what you're saying, but you know, based on just just simple principle, it's wrong. And how is it that the Cleveland Browns are the ones that get the money to the exclusion of all the other counties, because remember the legislation is for counties with the population of a million or more. Ow look Cuyhoga County and probably Franklin County, but certainly not Hamilton Hamilton County.
Speaker 6: And that was the other ask I had for each of them, is if you're going to do this, then you have to codify it for every business owner in Ohio. Tell us the process by which that we can I mean, if it's good for one, you guys ought to put out of paper, put out a statement, put out a process and a policy that says, here's how you too can pay Matt Upman sixty three thousand dollars and get six hundred million voted.
Speaker 1: As you say that, you know, in my mind is pivoting over to these green new deal energy projects. How is it that one company is the recipient of literally millions of American taxpayer dollars and the other company, which is engaged in the same business is not. They're always they always are in the business of picking and choosing the winners and losers. And this is what elected officials do every day on every level in every jurisdiction. Yeah, well, at least the Hamlin kind of voters got to say when they voted to build the stadium here so long ago. The deal that was worked out was obviously not what was sold to the public generally speaking before we voted on it. So but in this particular case, our elected officials were sent there for a reason to represent us and our best interests, and I think they failed across the board in letting this get through. So like the phones up, get in touch with your senators and tell them hell no, appreciate the call Jay six fifteen right now if you have KCV talk station. Sounds like you could probably use a little bit of time at Gata Heaven Cemetery to relax and engage in quiet contemplation maybe prayer reflection. It's a perfect place to do that. It's gorgeous. I drive by it every single day on my way home from work on Montgomery Road. It is beautifully maintained. It is a just the trees and the landscaping and the spring flowers that are coming up right now. Yeah, this is the perfect location for that, you know, quiet contemplation. That's what it's there for. And The Gate of Heaven Cemetery welcomes everyone. It is a Catholic cemetery, but you know it's open for everybody to enjoy, so take advantage of those beautiful surroundings. They've been ministering to the Trisay for more than seventy seven years and that's where they're honoring life on sacred ground. To learn more, check them out online. Go to Gate of Heaven dot org. That's Gate of Heaven dot org.
Speaker 5: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Did you hear a recent stash of tail? Jed Night says this about the weather today, It's going to be partly thotty, warm and humid late afternoon and evening storms expected to begin sometime around seven pm. I have a five some more storm possible overnight. It'll remain buggy and cloudy. Sixty eight for the low. Eighty two are high tomorrow in the South. We get some morning storms and then later in the afternoon the evening, starting around five PM storms along with potential wind gus, tornadoes and torrential downpours Overnight Friday, the Ray of Land it will drop the sixty two and got a nice day on Saturday and partly thouty dry and seventy three sixty two degrees Right now from gout KERR City Talk station. What's going on with traffic? Chuck Ingram from the U see on traffic center.
Speaker 7: You see health hands expert traumacare focusing on prevention freeding injuries and supporting longterm recovery and rehabilitation.
Speaker 1: Learn more. Right you see hewth dot com. Then eastbound seventy four.
Speaker 7: There's an accident before you get the two seventy five at the Whitewater Split. The traffic backing up towards drive Ford northbound seventy five. Our wreck at Kyle's is on the right hand side. Clear the wreck on northbound seventy one at Kenwood. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six twenty here fifty five KRSED talks Happy Thursday. Over the phones. We go and Al, I'm the liney. Al, thanks for calling today, Welcome to the program.
Speaker 11: Good morning, and how are you today?
Speaker 1: I'm doing okay, IL hope you can say the same.
Speaker 11: Oh, I was doing fine until the ad Hominin attack on my fair city of Cleveland. By j.
Speaker 1: We have a Cleveland supporter. I'll go ahead, have about it. I was gonna say me, if you take Jay at his word and Cleveland is as bad as he says it is, then maybe that's one of the reasons why they need this multi billion dollar mega complex for everyone to enjoy, to improve, to improve Cuihoga.
Speaker 11: Guy, they are trying. Unfortunately, we've got the wrong political stripe running the city, just as Cincinnati is. Yeah, but you know, I've lived in both towns, and my statement to Jay is and Cincinnati is different.
Speaker 12: How So.
Speaker 11: That's they're pros and cons to both cities.
Speaker 1: Yes, there are, So I'm on your side. I have never attacked Cleveland. I've been there many many times. In my prior capacity is in house attorney for Anton Blue Cross, Blue Shield, I had to go to Cleveland quite a bit. I never had any problem with Cleveland. I never found it to be repulsive or awful or nasty. And I think that's just kind of like you east side versus west side. You know, everybody just kind of criticizes the other side because it's the thing to do. You got the Browns, we got the Bengals. So there's that rivalry that's built in there. And of course Cleveland does have this have its problem but you make a valid point about Cincinnati. How I can't argue with you.
Speaker 11: Man, there you go, all right, Well that's it. I will let you go have a wonderful day, and I hope you have a wonderful Memorial Holiday.
Speaker 1: Thank you, sir, truly appreciated. I have no problem with you defending Cleveland. That's okay. And here's something I really wanted to get in here because this is absolutely frightening and it doesn't come as any shock to me, but United States engineers have discovered what are described as mysterious undocumented communication devices in some Chinese made solar power inverters along with batteries as well. Reuters did a write up on this. This is scary stuff corner Reuter's sources, who did speak on a condition of anonymity because they were not given permission to speak on the record. The rogue components provide additional undocumented communication channels that could allow firewalls to be circumvented remotely with potentially catastrophic consequences. And as something that Tech Friday's Dave Hatter talks about this Internet of Things, they say that illustrates the security issues that have haunted analysts since the dawn of Internet of Things, where every single thing we buy for some reason has to be hooked up to the Internet, which Dave Hatter always points out is extremely dangerous because they don't provide security within these little devices like your coffee maker, which can then gain access to your home Wi Fi SISM, which then is where the nefarious activity shows up. This is signing the longest exact same line. Number of devices broadcasting information online grown exponentially, of course, but the dangers that go along with that also have grown exponentially. In the case of these suspicious Chinese power inverters, the device is designed to connect solar power arrays and windmills to the power grids. They have Internet capabilities so the performance can be monitored and their software can be updated easily. But knowing this to be the practice, it teams that solar and wind farms set up firewalls is a precaution to prevent the devices from sending these unauthorized signals. They also physically inspect equipment from China to look for bugs that they find with shocking regularity. According to the statement from Reuters, the two people who decline to name the Chinese manufacturers of the inverters and batteries with extra communication devices, nor say how many they found in total, but the existence of the rogue devices has not been previously reported. The US government has not publicly acknowledged discoveries. They say these road communication devices could do a lot more than merely spy on the American power grids that use them. Cybersecurity experts been warning that these well the Chinese Communist Party in this particular case, very interested in targeting America's infrastructure. Hidden internet connections could allow the attacker to yes shut down the power grids or damage sensitive machinery, apparently not even a hypothetical threat. Back in November fifteenth last year, users of inverters manufactured by a Chinese company called Dye the Eye reported their units suddenly displayed a pop up bear message and became what they call bricked, basically unusable hmm now. For its part, Die said the units were sold without proper authorization outside of the normal distribution contracts with Western Hemisphere, but users doubt that explanation, and they believed I did use remote commands to kill the invert described as an unwelcome reminder for solar panel owners and their equipment that could be controlled or shut down using the Internet. Carlos jim And as a Republican out of Florida in the House of Representative, Senator Rick Scott, along with Democrat Maggie Hassan, introduced legislation trying to decouple US companies from batteries made by Chinese companies. Cybersecurity vulnerability listed as one of the most important reasons to move away from Chinese equipment. Senator Scott said, well, listen when our country nation, with our nation currently sourcing a majority of its batteries from Chinese link manufacturers, were subject to major unnecessary risk or our national security. One of the fun facts revealed in this In Europe, they say exercise and control over just three to four gigawatts of energy could cause widespread disruption of electricity supplies. European Solar Manufacturing Council they have one of those estimates. Over two hundred gigawatts of European solar power capacity is linked to inverters made in China, which is equivalent to more than two hundred nuclear power plants. Get your head wrapped around that. At the end of last year, three hundred and thirty eight gigawatts have installed solar power in Europe. According to Industry Association Solar Power Europe one cybersecurity program director, if you remotely control a large enough number of home solar inverters and do something nefarious at once that could have catastrophic implications to the grid for a prolonged period of time, we invite these enemies into our own home. And so this is why I say this is a nefarious link. You know, social media and global pressure and all these crazy organizations who think we're all going to die because plant foods going out into the world, but from a production of fossil fuel electricity. They try to convince you and legislate and mandate and dangle carrots, have incentive for you to go fully electric. EPA issues edicts and mandates to convert your otherwise totally reliable and superior gas stove to an electric one which will cost more, won't last as long, and which requires electricity to work. Right, We're pressured into this more and more and more, and think of all the components that go into these things made by Yes China, and every company in China is obligated to report its activities to the Chinese Communist Party. That's how they do business there, So does it come as a shock to anybody that these inverters would be able to communicate with China? You know, the beginning of the war. The lights are going to go out, That's how you know, and China's going to invade Taiwan, or that's how you know when the Chinese are on the shores of the United States of America, because the lights will go out, the grid will come to a screeching hault, catastrophe will ensue. People be screaming and yelling in the streets. You know, Bobby calls every once in a while and talks about the seventy two hours you got. That's basically how long it's gonna be before it completely hits the fan, because guess what. The grocery stores are gonna be closed, the gasoline pumps aren't gonna work, You're not gonna have a lestricity in your home. And you know, it's just the ripple effect is profound. And here we have given an opportunity openly buying products from China, which is the only place that manufactures them, giving them a clear opportunity to cause that chaos that I just mentioned six twenty eight, Maybe we get Dave had to talk about that tomorrow. I know it's not on his topic list currently, but the story just broke yesterday six twenty eight fifty five KERC detalk stations stick around, feel free to call maybe you get a different point of view. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five eight two to three talks and market it on your calendar, giving you fair warning and heads up. It's the Emery Federal Credit Union Annual shred Event coming up Saturday, June seventh, between nine am and one pm. Everyone is welcome. This is a free event. Bring all of your unnecessary documents, whether they're personal, confidential, or otherwise to any one of the three Emory locations. That shredding will protect your personal information and give you a peace of mind. Those documents will be thoroughly destroyed, so any one of the three that are located in Blue Ash Liberty Township in Western Hills to get the addresses. Learn more of the details about the event and learn about the benefits of banking with Emery, head on over to the website Emery FCU dot org. That's EMORYFCU dot org. Federally insured by NCUA.
Speaker 5: Fifty five KRC your morning.
Speaker 1: Cup of Sean. This is a Shawnny mourning minute.
Speaker 3: The President could not be any more clear that the Iranians are not getting nuclear weapons.
Speaker 1: No way, no shape, matter, no form. It just isn't happening. He said.
Speaker 3: If Iran's leadership rejects the olive branch and continues to attack the neighbors, then we will have no choice but to inflict massive, maximum pressure. And he's been clear they will not ever ever get a nuclear weapon.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 3: On the other hand, he's holding on the olive branch, and that he said he would much rather make a deal with Iran and see Tehran prosper. The people of Iran have suffered greatly because the money is that they have taken in. They have used that money to foment terror in the region. They're the number one state sponsor of terror.
Speaker 10: The Conservative Underground meets later today on the Sean Hannity Show.
Speaker 13: We've got trade wars, inflation, skyrocketing national debt, and a potential recession looming. It's no wonder gold keeps hitting record highs with everything going on in the world. Thousands of hard working Americans are looking to diversify their savings with precious metals like gold and silver, and they're turning to the top rated gold company, gold Co. With over six thousand five star customer reviews, an A plus rating from the Better Business Bureau, and the industry's highest buy back guarantee. Gold Co is the preferred precious metals company of thousands of Americans. Right now, gold Co is offering you a free twenty twenty five gold and silver kit, Plus you could get unlimited bonus silver if you qualify. Find out how you can help diversify your savings tax and penalty free Today. Visit Hannitigold dot com or call eight five five eight one five gold. That's Hannitygold dot com or call eight five five eight one five gold Foreign Exchange.
Speaker 1: You're in uh, you're Chiel nine one of four K. That's partly cloudy, warm and human Today late afternoon and evening storms expected to kick in around seven pm. Eighty five will be the hide down to sixty eight overnight with a few more storms possible. Get storms tomorrow morning in the see out in the afternoon. The evening sounds like it really out of you a downpour groundpoor's trench will they say to Tornadoes are possible with wind gusts are possible. Third around five pm five eighty two down of sixty two overnight with the rain ending. And Saturday nice day with the highest seventy three and partly body skies along with dry conditions sixty two degrees. Right now, let's get a traffic update from the uc hout Traffic Center.
Speaker 7: You see health has expert traumacare focusing on prevention, treating injuries, and supporting long term recovery and rehabilitation.
Speaker 1: Learn more. You see Hewth dot com.
Speaker 7: Cruise continue to work for the wreck eastpend seventy four before you get to two seventy.
Speaker 1: Five at the Whitewater split left lane's block.
Speaker 7: Traffic facts up past drive Ford northbound seventy five heavy from Buttermilk into town from earlier wrecks. There's an accident on seven forty seven at Hamilton Mason Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR and seat the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six thirty three if you got KCD talk station. Oh look, local stories. Somebody wrote editorial comments all over this. Joe Strecker City Leaders five nineteen reporting this. City leaders unveiled plans for the summer in sins he described as a collaborati effort to reduce youth violence and gun violence during the summer months in the city. They say violence spikes when there's no school and when temperatures rise. Data collected by since Ant Police showed about five percent of the city's area considered summer hotspots and since At Police Chief three strategic used the data. Says the department now able to focus on specific high crime areas. Said they're focusing on six high priority areas with more patrols and towing of illegally parked cars. She said a significant number of people came down park wherever they wanted to and went to different areas and created problem. So you take one simple action item and we saw that that made a significant gains for us. Impound lots going to be staying open longer. Additionally, data shows that juvenile car thefts or thefts from cars is above the three year average, with the Chief saying this is an area we will focus on heavily throughout the summer, and one of the ways we do that is by engaging with the youth. Apparently that's where Cincinnti Parks and the Cincinnti Recreation Commission comes in. Numerous opportunities, and they've done this before for kids and teens at local rec centers, pools and parks. This year, all twenty three public pools and the CINCINNTI Rec Center will be operating in full swing. First few open May twenty fourth. Kid number one, this is editorial commentor from Joe Strecker. Hey man, let's break into cars, Kid number two, No way, I want to go watch Finding Nemo at the rec Center. Do you think that's the way that's going to shake out? Hi, Joe reck at night, that's back, they say by popular No Man teen event will take place every Saturday, June seventh through August ninth at the Lincoln Hers Rec Center. According to Rec Commissioner Director Daniel Betts, last year we served over three thousand teens. This year we're amy to googin higher. We ended up having on any given Saturday night four to five hundred teens at both sites. Other youth programs the Camp CRC free golf lessons and two hundred job opportunities for teens. City leaders launching mitigation efforts at riverfront parks after new data showed teens are clustering in those areas. Won't they then be clustering altogether at the rec center. I thought the problem was getting all these teens in one spot. That's where the fights come out, right, I don't know. I guess we'll keep our popcorn out and just see how it unfolds. This year six thirty six fifty five krs the talk station get in touch with Press Degonteriers for kitchen remodeling. The one man you need to work with his John Bryan. He is one of the same prest Digion terriers. You'll be working with John. He'll be there from initial design to final installation. He's got amazing ideas because John's been doing kitchen remodeling for almost exclusively for like thirty five plus years. He did our kitchen We love it, came up with just unbelievable ideas ideas that my wife and I, if left to our own devices, probably would never have thought up. But that's where all these years of experience come in. He'll see your kitchen and he'll sit down with you and talk about what you're looking for and offer his own suggestions. And I recommend you seriously consider what he's got to say. You don't want to do a gut rehab like we did go with cabinets and countertops. He's the man to work with on that as well, small projects, big projects, everything in between. A plus with a Better Business Baron member of the National Kitchen Bath Association. To learn more about John, the company and what and see some of the projects he's done over the years. Prestige one two to three dot com. That's Prestige one two three dot com. Give him my regards when you give him a call at five one three two four seven zero two two nine. That's two four seven.
Speaker 5: Zero two two nine fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Channel nine. Wether forecast partly tidy day to day, warm, humid, late out and evening storms are expected to start around seven pm high of eighty five. These storms possible overnight down to sixty eight Tomorrow eighty two. Got storms to the south in the morning and then it hits the fan around five pm. Storms are likely. They also include a warning about wind gus tornadoes and torrential downboard downpours. Rain will land over Friday night. It'll be mostly excited with a low sixty two and a beautiful Saturday seventy three with partly cloudy skies and dry conditions at sixty three. Right now, it's about Kirste talk station. How about traffic right now Chuck from the UCUP Traffic Center.
Speaker 7: U SEE Health has expert traumacare focusing on prevention, treating injuries, and supporting long term recovery and rehabilitation.
Speaker 1: Learn Mooring.
Speaker 7: You see how dot com let labor bans block eastbound seventy four with an accident before two seventy five at the White Waters Split. Traffic is backing up past drive for northbound seventy five heavy north of Buttermilk into downtown from earlier Rex and there's an accident on seven forty seven at Hamilton Mason within Chuck Ingram on fifty five k R and see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Y's six forty here fifty five ker CP talk station Happy Thursday. Feel free to call if there's something on your mind. Five one three, seven four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eight two three found five fifty on at and T Phonds. Glad to see somebody's doing the right thing. When the Democrats wigged out over transgender issues and diversity equity inclusion, we saw heaploaded that into the Biden administration although he probably wasn't even aware it was going on. But this is one of those issues where the vast majority of American people are all on the same side of the ledger, and it is not on the left wing, far progressive side of the Democratic Party who are really struggling mightily to come up with a message that's palatable to the American people. I see the Justice Department is taking funds that are for that were formerly granted to groups supporting transgender ideology and diversity along with the diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives. And that word group in there troubles me because they're in lies the challenge we face and one of the problems with the federal government spending. They get all of this money in a big pile, and as we mentioned earlier about picking and choosing the winners and losers. For example, the context of the state of Ohio choosing that the Browns are going to get six hundred million dollars of Ohio taxpayer money. What about the rest of the teams out in the state. Nope, nothing for you. There are a whole bunch of non governmental organizations out there in the world, and they get theyd a lot of money. Even though they're listed as non for profit, each and every one of them gets a salary, and sometimes very large salaries, and I think their mere existence is to extract taxpayer dollars and really not accomplish anything. Some of that money goes back to the politicians who picked the ones that got the money. There's that money train, the circular money train, although unfortunately you're not part of the circle. It just comes from you and ends up from the politicians into the NGOs who then contribute back to the politicians. Anyway, back over to the point of this one. That money is now going to be going to well law enforcement. Justice Department officials speaking with Fox News under Attorney General Pam Bondy, they claim they will not be wasting funds on DEI, with the statements saying, the Department of Justice under Pambondi will not waste discretionary funds on DEI passion projects that do not make Americans safer. We will use the money to get criminals off the streets, see drugs, and in some cases fund programs that deliver a tangible impact for victims of crime. Seems to be a higher priority in a more worthy pursuit don't you think. On our first day at work, Bondi directed officials to ensure that all DEI programs were terminated, demanding the removal of all references to DEI training programs and ending the emphasis on race and sexual criteria, refocusing hiring and promotion on guidelines solely on merit. Back to a meritocracy. Who should get the job? I mean, she seems so illogical and unreasonable, the Defendantcy's DEI programs, And really all that's saying is you must fit a certain criteria that has nothing to do with your abilities, has nothing to do with the merit, nothing to do with your worth in terms of your ability to perform the functions of any given job. You have to be fill in the black, black, or Asian or not white. Of course, you have to be transgender, you have to be a woman. I mean, all these things that have no connection with merit. It's the same thing that goes on in our K through twelve education system. Now having merit and being able to perform at grade level is no longer relevant. Oh, we need to advance them, we need to bring up to the next grade, because well, they can't ever really answered the question why what it's not fair to pass a child you can't meet the grade level criteria.
Speaker 12: What is that?
Speaker 1: It's not fair that you've moved them on to the next grade when they can't perform at grade level, because then you're just going to make matters worse and it's a downward spiral from that point. I mean that our colleges teach remedial mathematics classes, stuff that you needed to learn in high school to advance under traditional grading standards. It's an atrocity. I mean that concept exists regularly in the world. Our children are not prepared for life. It's undermining the fabric of our nation. We're creating a nation of idiots. And maybe that's the point of it all. I mean, you think you move down that path where you turn all the children are a vast majority of in the idiots, they become then useful idiots for a nonsensical, illogical and failed political philosophy which is either socialism or Marxism. Oh the other company countries who've tried it just didn't do it right. How many times you heard that in your lifetime. But that's exactly what's going on, folks. That's what I firmly believe anyway. My c MIC's on the fine MIC. I will happy to take your call right out of the gate when we get back. Got to mention affordable imaging services because I want you to pay an outrageous amount to get your MRI, your CT scan, your echo cardigram, your ultra sound. They do all of those at affordable imaging services with the same kind of equipment. Hospitals use medical professionals who've been at this for decades. Each of these scans or images that affordable imaging comes with the price included the board certified radiologist report. I've done this several times with CT scans. Never has my doctor complained at all. I didn't go to the hospital imaging department because the CT scan there could set me back five thousand dollars. Think about that, well, what is the cost affordable affordable imaging services four fifty without a contrast? Six hundred dollars worth of contrast, and yes, that price includes the radiologist report. It's the savings are amazing. I got a friend, Jeff, who's going to send an email right now because he does it every time I mentioned this. He saved thirty one one hundred dollars that would have come out of his pocket had he gone to the hospital. Took my advice, went to Affordable Imaging Services to learn more about pricing and how it works. It is low overhead. I'm not going to promise you that it's gonna be all kinds of bells and whistles there, but it's the same equipment. Affordable Medimaging dot Com. Affordable Medimaging dot Com. Here's the number to call for an appoyment. Five one three seven five three eight thousand, five one three seven five three eight thousand fifty five car the talk station. What if you had an extra thousandre It is your Channel nine first morning weather forecast partly clidy today, warm, humid, late afternoon storms expected to show up around seven pm. Today's high eighty five. Storms remain overnight least possibility of it's sixty eight ft low. Apparently we're going to get some storms in the South in the morning and afternoon evening around five pm. Storms are likely, along with possibility wind gus tornadoes and torrential downpours. Eighty two tomorrow's high with an overnight low sixty two. The ANGM being to say beautiful Saturday partly fatty dry and a high seventy three sixty three. Right now, it's got an update on traffic from the duc On Traffics Center.
Speaker 7: You See Health has expert traumacare focusing on prevention, treating injuries, and supporting long term recovery and rehabilitation.
Speaker 1: Learn more at you see help dot com. Clear the wreck.
Speaker 7: Inbound seventy four before two seventy five. I'm gonna take a couple more minutes to get rid of the backup southbound seventy five. There's a broken down in the left lane near Western Avenue, slowing traffic.
Speaker 1: Commit Chuck Ingraman fifty five kre see the talk station telling about six fifty one fifty five ker City talk Station five one three seven fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk over the phones we go, Mike, thanks for holding over the brake there. Welcome to the morning, showing a happy Thursday to you, sir.
Speaker 8: Hey, Brian, real quick about the group that's one to eliminate property taxes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, into a conspettional amendment.
Speaker 8: Are they gonna start getting signatures you get on the ballot, Hey, like four hundred and fifty thousand signatures if I'm do those have property owners or or anybody?
Speaker 1: No, anybody, I believe as long as you're a resident of the state of Ohio. I don't think they can limit it to property owners. Yeah, just anybody who might be impacted by legislation in the state or the ballot initiative can be you know, can sign on to it. They have to get signatures.
Speaker 8: Signatures will be pretty easy to get.
Speaker 1: I would think. That was my comment the other day when I first read about that being circulated. It's like, wait a second, this should be an easy, easy task to accomplish. So you have to get five percent of the total voters in the most recent I guess is it gubernatorial election. That's the that's the criteria. And you got to get signatures from forty four of the eighty eight counties.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 8: The apartment buildings and yeah, those people don't pay taxes, property.
Speaker 1: Tax, So oh yeah, I think this is going to be hilarious because if it passes, I mean, are there enough property owners that I actually get out and vote in favor of this or with the people who don't own property and to continue with property tax because it's not impacting them. Although really it is. If you're a renter, you are impacted by property tax as well. So if there are enough people that will be against this, I just I'm wondering what they're going to do elected officials in Columbus, if this actually comes to pass and property taxes banned under the Hong Kong Constitution, how are schools going to be funded they.
Speaker 8: Ever fights that, whatever money they use to fight it could easily pay what is offset.
Speaker 1: And to state that again, because you broke up, Oh he hung up, didn't quite understand this comment. Yeah, that's one of those things I'm gonna be looking at with I don't know, significant interest. What will the aftermath of that be, because I mean, property tax is what funds all kinds of things, his school levies, and he got park issues and all these initiatives are are they going to start? What are the suggestions? Was increase the sales tax, which conceptually I'm not necessarily against, because everybody buys things at some point or other. Some people buy more than others. Of course, more disposable income, the more options you have to actually buy things. But if you're buying something, you're going to be helping to pay for something that you might not be paying for but enjoying. Think of the park district, for example, maybe you have people who aren't property owners are going to the parks.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 1: I know they get their funds from resource or sources other than property taxes. But when you vote to for an increase or a levey, of course that's a property tax levee, So only property owners are paying for that. So if you raise the sales tax, then everyone's going to be covering a slice of the action, which I think is a fairer way of approaching it. I'm sure you'll get some advocates for the poor and folks on life's margins who will screen their bloody heads off over that that these evil property owners should be shouldering the burden because they're elite and they're well off. But you know, I really feel for the seniors out there. You've been in your home for forty years, maybe you've got it paid off, and you're living on social Security or some modest form of income, and along comes the assessment and you find out your property taxes bill has gone up thirty percent, and that puts a dent in what you've got left over. Maybe you can't afford it. I mean, there's been arguments over the years that maybe at some point in time, like when you own your home fully or something, you reach some certain age that you no longer have to pay property tax. A lot of different ways of looking at it and viewing it. But in the final analysis, that's the ballot initiative is going to be circulated. The language has to be approved. The title has already been approved, so phase two is approving the actual language in the ballot initiative, which again is a constitutional amendment six to fifty five. Fifty five kres to the Talk Station. After the top of the r new is Secretary of Frank Secretary Steve Frank lro is supposed to be in studio talking about the paltry voter turnout. I think that's one issue if it's on the ballot, would bring out voters qualified immunity amendment and his run for state auditor. So that'll be next after the news. I hope you can stick around, stay on top of the day's biggest stories at the top of the hour, and that's so important. Another update coming up on fifty five KRC the Talk Station. This report is sponsored by seven six Here at fifty about PARCD talk station. Happy Thursday Friday Eve is what I prefer, and I always prefer having guests in the studio. And it is a wonderful thing to look across the booth here and see Secretary of State Frank LeRose in the studio to talk about a variety different topics. Welcome man, good to see you again.
Speaker 2: Great to be back in the Queen City at fifty five KRC and not talking to you on the phone.
Speaker 1: For us to be here, I know, And yeah, we've run into each other in person all the time, and I will say out loud, it's glad to see you, Casu. You're going running after And I apologize to Frank because I didn't realize who's going to be in my studio this morning. And I have my defund politicians t shirt on. I love it.
Speaker 2: I'm glad, but you know, I'm in charge of campaign finance in Ohio, so we want to defund the you know, the bad ones.
Speaker 1: Doing it right, plee real quick here, right out of the gate. I know we've got other things to talk about, but I think there's probably no one of my listening audiences happy at all about this. Cleveland Browns getting six hundred million dollars through bond money that we have to pay debt service on. I don't I don't understand where that come from, How that can be, How in a representative government that all the Ohio tax payers are going to beholding the burden for debt service so the Browns can get their new playfield and this this, this, this facility. It's just it's really rubbed my listeners the wrong way. And I know you're not.
Speaker 2: I'm going to disclose something here in Cincinnati, Ohio, what a city I love. I'm a lifelong Browns fan. I grew up in Cleveland, right right. But I also am one that believes that football should be played out door. I think men should play football outdoors in the weather, yes, as God intended. But further, I think that there's this national arms race as it relates to stadium funding exactly. And I think that the thought by a lot of our legislators is, well, we're not going to unil lot of early disarmed because all these other states are putting public money and public bond deals into these stadiums, and so Ohio doesn't want to be the state with shabby stadiums where we can't have big national events where we can't attract top talent, and Lord knows the Browns need all the help they can get when it comes to attracting talent. So again, there's two sides to this. I can see your point completely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, multimillionaire families sometimes billionaire families, and we the taxpayers, pay for them so they can make money off of the stadiums that we build on our backs. I just I find the whole thing just I don't know one thing that's for sure.
Speaker 2: There's a thing that's called the model rule, where if any public money goes into a stadium and that team leaves, then that money can be clawed back. It's that's I mean, if there's anything that should be rock solid, it would be that.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll just put an exclamation point on your point that men should play football out in the weather. My view is, listen, football fields are regulated size. They all have to be the exact same size. If you've got the football field and you got a place for people to sit, that's all that's needed to play the game. They could play at Nippert Stadium, they could play football field at like Elder High School. I mean, you know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: If you're ever at the old old Brown Stadium. I was ruined from like one year old. My dad would take me to the old Cleveland Municipal Stadium, but you had to pee in a trough.
Speaker 1: Yeah oh that was yeah, okay, yeah, you know, so remember those days and listen.
Speaker 2: Here's something that Cleveland and Cincinnati have in common as a release to football, the great legacy of Paul Brown, who would have been rolling in his grave seeing the pampered, the pamper millionaires that are playing football these days.
Speaker 1: You know, oh my god. And also the pampered millionaires who seem to have all the resources that like, for example, we have to stadium upgrades here in the city. So Sinnati from pay Course Stadium, obligated by that terrible lease deal that we approved, they put all the money into the booths, the elite booths that none of the unwashed masters are ever going to get into. So it's like, oh, we need four hundred million dollars or tw hundrellion dollars or whatever, and you know the X amount of that, A large slice of that is going to go to the private booths where the elite get to watch the games and let's face it, the unwashed masses and Zip champagne cavias they wash. Yeah, I'm sorry to get down that road. We had a conversation early in the program this morning about it. Let's talk about voter turnout, which was pathetic. Yeah, I mean, I know it was an off cycle election. I fully appreciate that, but you know, issue too, was there there was a reason to go out and vote?
Speaker 12: And what was it?
Speaker 1: Ten percent?
Speaker 2: It was just over ten percent. And this is funny because we have what we call election night operations. It's a room where we're running. We got a direct line to each of the eighty eight county boards of Elections. We're pulling the numbers in from them every half hour. We're validating those numbers, were flashing them up on the website. So we're in the in the mode. We're in the game. And when we went over ten percent, everybody cheered, and I was so excited that we went over ten percent, and then I said, stop, team, just realize here that we're celebrating that ninety percent didn't vote. I know, only ten percent, But listen, when we have a party, we don't want people to not come, and so we want to see high voter turnout, and so we were happy to see that it went over ten percent because we weren't expecting much. I mean, the total number was eight hundred and sixty eighty one hundred and twenty four of our fellow Ohioans who bothered to get off their butts and participate in one of the three forms of voting we have either early voting for a whole month, or absently voting where we literally mail your ballot to your house for you, or election day voting. Now, again, it's hard to get people excited about what they're so called off year elections, these these even these odd numbered years like twenty twenty five. Now contrast that, though to the even number years twenty twenty record breaking year twenty twenty two, we broke the record for a goom viatorial election. Last year in twenty twenty four, we broke the all time record for early voting. So it's not that Ohioans are not civically engaged. Ohioans care about voting, and they're engaged in it, and they know that it's both easy to vote and hard to cheat in our state, and they show up in record numbers when they care. The problem is getting people to care about local issues, local elections. People get excited about presidential elections. People get excited about governor's elections, US senate races. It's hard to get people excited about the mayor's race and the city council race and a statewide ballot issue. And it's unfortunate because listen, it matters who lives in the White House. As a soldier, I can tell you this, I leave for army duty next week, and as a reservist, it matters who my commander in chief is. But who lives in the White House is probably not as important in your daily life as who works at the courthouse and the schoolhouse and at city hall. And in twenty twenty five and years like that, that's when we make those decisions. So you know, get off your button, go vote well.
Speaker 1: Going back to the record year, the twenty twenty four election, that was a record year for early voting.
Speaker 2: Correct and by the way, Republicans dominated early voting, which is historically unusual. We were now again we can't tell how people voted, but we could tell in the numbers leading up to election day, Republicans had out voted Democrats by over two hundred and fifty thousand, a quarter million. So we started election day up by a quarter million. No wonder we dominated on election Day. I hope that's a lesson to my fellow Republicans to continue taking advantage of all three good options. It's like if you're a football coach, you can score points by by running, passing, or kicking. You'd be foolish to only use one of those three. We need to make sure that people vote whichever way is convenient for them, but they got to vote. Well, what percentage of eligible islands voted in the presidential election? Generally, like if you had ten percent in Ohio for the off cycle election, we just went through. Yeah, it's always north of fifty. I mean sometimes we get into the sixties and seventies. I tell the story about when I was when I was serving in Iraq. This is go back to two thousand and five, had their first real election. They'd had the BS elections where Saddam Hussein got one hundred percent of the vote. Everybody knew that was nonsense, but I was there as a soldier to see their first real election. So the Purple Finger and I tell the story. People were being threatened though these Islamist groups from backed by Iran. We're telling people that it was un Islamic to vote. That's a lie. They were saying that if they saw that purple ink on your finger, they would cut your finger off. And so when those Iraqis held that purple finger in the air, it might as well have been another finger. They were saying, I'm not afraid of you. And so that election we saw over seventy percent. I always joke that listen, nobody's threatening to cut fingers off in a while. No, and we almost never get over seventy percent. But again, it shows you that free people can make a difference when they go out to vote, and we need to not take that right for granted here well, and to.
Speaker 1: Those people who are upset about the six hundred million dollars you just referred to, that was my retort, which is, you know it isn't illegal. Necessarily. Elected officials are always picking the winners and losers in terms of where our taxpayers go. It's the ballot box is how you hold them accountable.
Speaker 2: Every vote is determined by those who show up, and I always laugh when I encounter protesters that don't vote, like you're missing like you're gonna wave a picket sign, You're gonna go out there and protest, but you're not gonna vote. You're missing the most important part of the process. We're continue with Secretary of Stave frankkel Rose in studio. We'll talk a little bit about qualified community and his run for state Auditor. Frank LeRose dot com is where you can get the info about Frank. Maybe help them out. Oh look, there's a donate button right up in the upper right end corner. Sting around, I'll be right back.
Speaker 1: First. Plump type plumbing, it's always plumbing done right. They know you deserve better and they deliver on that. Superior customer service for my friends at plumb type plumbing. Of course licensed plumbers. They don't charge a service fee, and they provide free estimates, and of course they have an A plus of the Better Business Bureau. Some pump problem plumb type plumbing, no problem for them. Tankless water heaters, you know plum Tit happens to be the Tri States number one installer for tankless water heaters. Go tankless for energy savings. Size they're they're very very small, size of a suitcase is what I basically say compared to your giant water heater tank, so if you're gonna have to replace it, do it. They also last longer than the traditional tank, so multiple reasons go tankless, and if you do, go tankless with plumb tight plumbing also trenchless sewer line repair replacement. Don't have to dig up the lawn for all your plumbing needs. A plus the BBB as I mentioned five one three seven, two seven eighty four eighty three five one three seven two seven Tight online plumtight dot com.
Speaker 14: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station made for this mountain.
Speaker 1: Exhibit. Timmy the channel line first one to one forecast today partly cloudy day, warm, humid, late afternoon evening storms kicking in probably around seven pm. They saying or forecasting anyway. Eighty five for the high today, overnight low sixty eight with a few storms possible Tomorrow in the South. We're gonna get some storms in the afternoon and evening storms are likely starting around five pm with wind gus tornadoes and torrenial downpours possibility. Eighty two the high tomorrow, overnight lo six to the rain. I'll move out. We'll have a dry day on Saturday partly party with the highest seventy three sixty three. Right now, let's get a traffic update, Chuck from the UCUP Traffic Center.
Speaker 7: You see health has expert traumacare focusing on prevention, treating injuries, and supporting long term recovery and rehabilitation.
Speaker 1: Learn more at uce help dot com.
Speaker 7: Highway traffic settling down a bit all rex On inbound seventy four now clear delayser gone too northbound seventy five. You're off and on the breaks from Buttermilk to Kyle's southbound slows a bit out of Lackland Chuck ing ramon fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 1: Sevent eighteen fifty five KIRCD talk station, Happy Friday. E Frank LeRose, Secretary of State, reach for now soon to be state Auditor if he gets his way running for State Auditor. Frank Loose dot com where you find Frank Frank. I gotta ask you, man before we get the qualified immunity in your comments on that. That's an amendment that's being circulated ballot initiative out there, and I know you're responsible for the language, and you just approve the least the language of the headache.
Speaker 2: We approved it as one issue, so that's a multi step process. Chair really called the ballot board.
Speaker 1: Okay, By way of explanation, I'm talking about pivoting over to the amendment of the constitution that would remove property tax. And I wanted to gauge your reaction on that because I'm not sure how things would work out if it passed, and I'm guessing it probably would if it's actually on the ballot.
Speaker 2: So let's even take a step back. And I kind of editorialized on this yesterday when I was chairing the ballot board to look at it and approve whether it should be one issue or separate issues on the ballot. We're leaning too far into direct democracy right now.
Speaker 1: In Ohio.
Speaker 2: We are a representative republic. It has served us well for two hundred years. We do not want to govern via constitutional amendment. Legislation should be done in the state House and the state Senate. That should not be done by constitutional amendment. I listen, I believe that property tax is entirely too high. When your mortgage payment is more than half of it is your property tax, something's wrong, right. It feels like you are And how about seniors on a fixed income. They've paid off that mortgage, they burned that note already, and now it feels like they're renting their property from the state government, from the local government. Too high. Property taxes are too high. This may not be the way to fix it, though, right and so I think that things like putting a cap on it, revisiting a thing called the homestead exemption that provides property tax relief for seniors. And something I'm going to focus on as the state auditor, is who the heck's spending all this money at the local level and are they accountable and are they efficient? Really, the State Auditor's Office could be o DOGE, Ohio Department of Government Efficiency. And you know, if you're not happy with your county commissioners, you know who to vote out. If you're not happy with your city, you know who to vote out. But how about the local housing authority, how about the planning commission? How about the park district? Who do you hold accountable for that kind of stuff?
Speaker 1: Well, and we keep voting to have those levies replaced or in increased or continuing resolution. I know it's on the backs of the people who show up to vote, but a large chunk of the property taxes is schools. Yeah, And the Ohio Supreme Court declared two decades ago that our funding mechanism for schools in the state of Ohio is unconstitutional. And yet here we are, twenty years later, still doing it the same way. Now someone had called in because I'm a lawyer, this was a mystery to me. How it will be characterized as a complaint. Isn't there some mechanism we could refuse to pay our property taxes because the Supreme Court has declared it unconstitutional at least that portion of the property taxes.
Speaker 2: That's like the sovereign citizen. I say, I don't need a license plate. That doesn't work. But here's the thing that what you're talking about is the thing from God. I was a high school student when this happened, the d'off decision, and what it was based on is school facilities. The first draft decision was all about you had these little Appalachian schools with dirt floors, and then you had these suburban schools that were beautiful, and there was disparity between that. Honestly, that part has been largely fixed through a thing that the Ohio the state government calls the school Facilities Commission. You've noticed a lot of nice schools built over the last few decades in Ohio. Maybe some of them too nice College University exactly. But that was the School Facilities Commission. So we've largely fixed the disparity in school buildings. Now what happens inside of those is still a problem, right, And we know that your zip code has a lot to do with what quality of schools you have. And I think, honestly, this is why school choice is so important. I think the school choice is the civil rights issue of our era. Amen, no kid. If we believe in a meritocracy, we do that any kid should be able to grow up and make something of themselves and live up to their God given potential. It has to start with good schools for any kid. By the way, this was one of our founding ideals when the Northwest Ordinance created this thing that we now call Ohio Right public schools was a revolutionary idea that didn't exist and and and so you know, we need to have good schools and property tax is currently part of the mix. Now here's the problem too, though. If you get rid of property taxes, are you relying entirely on state level taxation. You don't have local taxation because guess what, the people that are paying are making the decisions. And so if you want to have local control over your schools, you need to have some level of local funding as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no question about it. It complicates matters just I mean beyond my comprehension, And sometimes I think.
Speaker 2: How would this all work? You wouldn't design it this way. If you were going to start today to design a state, you just wouldn't build it this way. But we're stuck with some legacy issues that we need to work through.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And on school choice, Indiana has had demonstrably great luck with the school choice. They've expanded it, but it's proven benefits for the students. The numbers have gone up, the reading scores are now in the top ten, their math stores are now in the top ten. And it wasn't always that way. So I think we should embrace that model and run with it.
Speaker 2: We've gone a long way on school choice, We've got further to go. Yes, we do, Yes, we do real quick.
Speaker 1: On qualify immunity as qualified immunity men, and speaking of ballot isituatives, police do enjoy qualified immunity for the job.
Speaker 2: That they are doing. What's your take on the measure itself. Yeah, terrible idea. Imagine a scenario, We're in a completely justifiable use of force, So bad guy pulls a gun, police officer shoots bad guy, bad guy dies, bad guy's family if this past could then personally sue that police officer for pain and suffering and lost wages and even a completely justifiable situation. And now nobody's going to want to be a police officer. If your personal assets, your home, your personal wages could be taken away to compensate some bad guy's family. It's a crazy idea and it's something that really, if it makes the ballot, Ohioan should roundly reject it in the name of public safety and standing with police. Now, let me be clear, ninety nine point nine percent of the time the men and women in law enforcement do the right thing. On that fraction of a percent. When they don't, they'll face justice for it. They need to write and their consequences. But qualified getting rid of qualified immunity is a kooky idea.
Speaker 1: I agree completely. It's tough enough getting police who are getting citizens to consider entering into law enforcement these days, and for someone out there screaming, going, well, if there's nothing wrong, it was justifiable shooting, then there's no way that could be found liable. There's a thing called legal expenses, and having to lawyer up and pay that lawyer four or five hundred dollars for every hour work is an insurmountable challenge in and of itself. Most people can't afford that kind of money, and to foist that upon law enforcement officers, it's just going to be a horrific thing. So, Frank LeRose, a comment on your run for state Auditor, just a real brief before we part company this morning. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the auditor has two job, catching crooks that engage in public corruption. Anybody that would break the public trust by taking tax dollars and put in their own pocket needs to be in jail. That happens, unfortunately. I'll do that as Auditor of state. The other thing is government efficiency. The auditor can come into any of six thousand different local and state government offices and find out if they're running as smoothly as they should.
Speaker 1: Think about it.
Speaker 2: As Ohio doje, That's how I plan to use it to shake the waste out of local and state government.
Speaker 1: I'm excited about this. I've got quite a few listeners out there right now probably screaming the word medicaid at the rate because I know we got some problems during the State of Ohiowa.
Speaker 2: Brawd abuse all of that. Yeah, and our current auditor, Keith Faber, has has gone a long way. He's done an audit of the state medicaid system. But now it's time that we implement some of those things. By the way, this is why I'm excited for our next governor, who I believe is going to be Viviak Ramaswami. I think he's the man that's got the courage to actually fix the stuff that the auditor finds wrong.
Speaker 1: Boy, he have the backing of the Ohio Republican Party too. Was it vote sixty sixty to three or something like that? Tell you what, Yeah, is a good man.
Speaker 2: You're seeing a consolidation early because he's a visionary leader that actually has the courage to get things done. I describe it as you know in the military, you've got leaders you have to follow because they've got more rank. Is that rare leader that you want to follow? And I was the first one back. Yeah, I was the first one to back him. I'm out on the campaign trail with him all the time, and I think he's got the potential to be the most transformative governor of our generation.
Speaker 1: I share your belief in that. I truly do. Frank Lrose. It has been a real pleasure and thanks for stopping in the studio this morning, folks, stick around. Coming up, Tim Keller, founder of the US Diabetes Carry, is going to help educate the public about ending the diabetes epidemic we have in America, and it is a substantial one. First, if you're buying a new home, every financial and existing mortgage you know you need to talk to is Susette. Loe's a camp with Cross Country Mortgage. I don't care what state you're sitting in. She can help you nationwide. She's licensing all fifty states, plus my friends in Puerto Rico, and she'll get back with you quickly. You'll love working with her. She's just a real wonderful lady, excellent a customer service and has more than thirty five years in the mortgage business. And she's working for you access to multiple multiple broke mortgages out there. She's always going to get you great rates at a low cost and again with that smile on her face. Service with a smile five one three three one three fifty one seventy six three one three fifty one seventy six online or center an email. So is that dot Low's camp spelled O s E kamps. Is that dot Low's camp at CCM dot com.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 1: Chen and I weather forecast today partly cloudy, sky, is warm, humid, late afternoon and evening storms are expected, which should kick in. They're suggesting around seven pm last into the overnight hours eighty five for the high overnight low sixty eight with as few storms possible Tomorrow. We have rained in to the south in the morning, and then it's going to hit the fan around five pm with evening storms likely, also carrying the possibility of gusty winds, tornadoes, and torrential downpours. Their words, not mine, eighty two the high tomorrow overnight low sixty two. The rain will move out. We got dry and partly cloudy Saturday with the highest seventy three sixty three degrees. Right now, time for a traffic update from the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 7: U See Health has expert traumacare focusing on prevention, treating injuries, and supporting long term recovery and palitation.
Speaker 1: Learn more you see help dot com.
Speaker 7: A few slow spots on the highways SAPPEND two seventy five between the Lawrence Perg Ramp and the bridge he spounds seventy four after Harrison Ribolt construction sapbound seventy five through walkland in northbound seventy five and an extra five out of Burrow Linger into town. Chuck ingramon fifty five KRC LEAVE talk Station.
Speaker 1: Seven thirty one fifty foo KRCD talk Station. Very Happy Friday, Eve to you. Happy to welcome to the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Tim Keller. He is the founder of US Diabetes Care, bringing over thirty five years of healthcare experience to his role and founder of USDC US Diabetes Carrer. He started his career at Saint Joseph Regional Medical Center back in nineteen eighty nine. Rows to the ranks, held key roles at Striker as well as Smith and Nephew Orthopedics, where he built strong partnerships with physicians and led national distribution efforts. But after being diagnosed with diabetes himself, he saw a major gap in care with conditions like pre diabetes, type two, type three, gestational diabetes, as well as in and resistance US Diabetes Care. As the result of that awakening, a program built to help people reverse these conditions through expert led education, proven tools, better access to care, and a comprehensive approach that puts long term health first. Welcome to the program, Tim Kellert. It's a real pleasure to have you on.
Speaker 12: Thank you, good morning, A pleasure to be on.
Speaker 1: But it's timing is really interesting because I woke up this morning and I was going through my notes and looking at the updated news, and I always refer to the Wall Street Journal. There's their headline right there. How chronic disease became the biggest scourge in American health and diabetes number three on the list of common chronic conditions, with about fifteen percent of the US population dealing with diabetes. And this has gone up over the years, hasn't it. I mean, there's been a real problem in the United States with a growing problem with diabetes. Yes, I mean diabetes.
Speaker 9: Right now, we have ninety three million pre diabetics in the country, well thirty nine registered diabetics, which means on a Medicare Medicaid numbers. They're registered as you know, type two, which means A and C above seven. The reality is is pre DIBs. I don't really buy into that whole pre DIBs. I tell people you're not pre pregnant mean either you're diabetic, you're not. They've they've diagnosed pre ibs from A five, six or seven, oh, A and C so they can sell more drugs. I mean, it's it's very simple. If there is a precondition, it's a good place to get a diabetic because we can make lifestyle changes through education that can really reverse the disease pretty quickly.
Speaker 1: Reverse by meaning if you are diabetic, you can at some point in your life maybe no longer be diabetic. Now does that depend on the type of diabetes you are diagnosed with?
Speaker 12: Absolutely so type.
Speaker 9: One autoimmune you're intdependent. You can't you're not doing uploading to the muscle for lucagon. So that's kind of a you know, a way different disease. But TYE two, type three baster, type three dementia, destation of diabetes in some resistance, all those things can be reversed.
Speaker 1: And what is the problem. And we also have a growing obesity problem. Quite often obesity is cited as one of the things that might lead you to having diabetes. This is all about our diet.
Speaker 9: Absolutely. So you know, big Pharma, big medical, they got they got together with the processed food industry convinced of it. And there's no money in a cure, so came up with a bunch of ideals around food to make us thick. The whole inner aisle of the grocery stores fast foods are filled with you know, saturated fats, processed fats, refined foods, refine wheat, hypertuos, corn strup, processed sugar, flour, hydrizing, and nice wheat. And these are all chemical poisons in these foods that are quite honestly killing Americans. And you know that's interesting. I saw that in the Wall Street Journal as well. But I'm not buying that diabetes is the number three calls because people are dying of heart disease. Guarantee their bottom line is because of diabetes. If somebody dies or heart attack or stroke, to say, oh, they had died a heart attack or stroke, but really the underline tradition will get them with diabetes.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'll tell you what. Let's pause, We'll bring you back, we'll talk a little bit more about this very important topic, diabetes. Tim Keller, founder of US Diabetes Care. In this website, I'll give you the details on that when we return. First, USA Insulation an outstanding product for all. If you have an underinsulated or uninsulated home, you need USA's premium foam in the exterior walls because first off, you're going to be more comfortable from day one. You'll notice the improvement in the circulation of that air, whether it's in the summertime with the AC or of course winter with the eating system. So get that one or two rooms out there that never seem to be comfortable, they'll be comfortable again. And the more important part, as far as I'm concerned, saving money savings is guaranteed from USA Insallation. It's like better than the stock market. There's a guaranteed return on investment. You're going to get the savings every single month you're using the HVAC system. And it is a substantial savings for many many people, so much so that it may very well cover the ninety nine dollars a month interest free to get the foam in the home. US Insulation ninety nine dollars a month interest free. Now call them. They'll inspect your house for free, give you a free quote so you can determine whether or not you are under insulated or uninsulated three eight one three sixty two six. That's five one three three eight one foam final online and learn more at USA Insulation dot Net. Fifty five KRC the talk station Channa nine one a podcast. Today will be partly clotty, warm, humid, and late afternoon and evening storms expected to kick in around seven PM or so. Eighty five for the High. A few storms over night with a low sixty eight rain to the south in the morning and in the afternoon evening around five pm, we're going to get some severe storms. They say they're likely, along with wind gus tornades and trenchill downforce being a possibility. Eighty two for the High. Tomorrow overnight low sixty two rain moves out. Got a partly cloudy and dry Saturday with the highest seventy three sixty four degrees. Right now.
Speaker 7: Typer traffic from the uc on Traffic Center, you see Health has expert traumacare focusing on prevention, treating injuries, and supporting long term recovery and rehabilitation. Learn more at you see how dot com. A few slow spots on the Highway sap bend two seventy five between the Lawrence Perg Ramp and the bridge eastbounds seventy four after Harrison rideboat construction southbound seventy five through Walkland in northbound seventy five, add an extra five out of Burrow Linger into town chuck ing Ramont fifty five kre and see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven thirty nine on a Thursday, Brian Thomas with Tim Keller. He's with US Diabetes Care, which you can find a lot of US diabetescare dot com, which makes perfect sense. We're talking about diabetes and apparently you can reverse it and that's what they're all about, not just using drugs and lifetime a lifelong use of medications and all that, but they focus on reversal there, so you can reverse type two, type three gestational and insulin resistance in I think that's pretty clearly what you said in the last segment. I guess it boils down to a simple question.
Speaker 12: How.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so you know, but the actually infant resistance is a precursor for diabetes TYE two type three.
Speaker 4: Gestational diabetes is all.
Speaker 9: A sentiment instant resistance. An infant resistance starts from uploading the muscle earlier than it becomes a hyperglycemia in the body. So what we do is we basically do a lifestyle platform, lumble into education, blue zone, educate people into mind so they can make lifestyle choices to fix your body. And it's real simple, Brian. I mean a get moving, exercise, hydration, a lot of water, fiber, you know, increase your fiber, and take eat a lot more fruits and vegetables. Westerny's medicine is broken. Doctors don't have any nutrition training at all. They treat a symptom, not a patient, and they have very little education around nutrition. They tell diabetics they can't eat fruit. It's the most ridiculous lie. For all the fruits and vegetables you want actually, and you know, lend me your meat intake. The problem is there is a lot of the meat that we're sourcing is you know, blockbuster, a big process to agriculture meat, which is been people are consuming meat breakfast, lunch to dinner for every meal. It's just unnecessary, it's inflammatory. And then all the processed foods are throwing on top of it, It creates an intelliate lipid fat in your cells, which fells the metabolic stelluar dysfunction and the lifestyle changes we we we've got about a ninety percent reversal rate of diabetes on people to actually finish and graduate from our program through education.
Speaker 1: Well how about that? Now? What is the story on carves?
Speaker 11: Now?
Speaker 1: I'm staring at the modern current food pyramid, which is different from what I was taught as a child. And who created the food pyramid? And are we supposed to really truly consume thirty percent of our diet in the form of carves because I thought carbs were We learned that carves were the problem, or at least were a problem.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So carbs, you know, is always the confusing part, and that's where education comes in. There's healthy carbs and there's bad carbs. The bad carbs or anything from process white foods, process flour, so anything like baked goods, breads, you know, anything that's white, we say isn't right. So, you know, those kinds of carbs are bad for you. But there's carbs and fruits and vegetables that are good for you. So we try to have people focus on good carbs and not bad carbs.
Speaker 1: Well, what about the idea of I'm sure that you're an opponent of consuming process sugary foods and my experience with that, I learned that there's a direct correlation with sugar intake and cancer because cancer apparently loves sugar, and I've been diagnosed with lymphoma. So I thought. I took it upon myself last October to try to cut almost every single added sugar out of my diet along with curving carbs. I end up losing about twenty pounds and I feel a lot better. Tim That's kind of why I bring it up. But uh, what I learned over the process though, by reading labels, sugar is everywhere. It's in everything added sugars. I kind even quit eating ketchup because there's like a whole bunch of it in the tablespood.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's sugar is literally, and the problem is it's Brian, It's not just sugar, it's processed sugar. Yeah, and there you know there's a link to processed sugar bean is it is more addictive than cocaine. Okay, So there's studies all over with that and for the children and all the process foods, they're pretting this in everything, So you wonder why these kids have addiction to refine processed foods and living a lot much more sanitary lifestyle and in bract of cancer. You know, this is the thing about our lifestyle for diabetes. You start founding our lifestyle for diabetes, I mean, we're we can help you, you know, curve. You know cancer as well, Cancer lives in the cnic environment, right and they acid dry as a cancer and a lot of that acid comes from sugar. So if you stuff off sugar and the acid in the body, cancer can't survive. So you know, there's no guarantee around that. But you know, we've had patients you know, ironically that have diabetes and cancer on our lifestyle platform and they've been able to reverse their disease.
Speaker 1: And that lifestyle platform at us diabetescare dot com. So what what services do you offer there that that my listeners could take advantage of to the ese stents they're dealing with these problems.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so we're full of the Transition program Care diabet Clinic as well, so we do you know, clinical diabetes, We have everything underrun roof so basically do automot nervous system tests brain stands in house neurologists, so we deal a lot with the type three after demensied diabetes and then from a you know, obviously we have two large education classes where we do live education and I think you know once again we have it through and a half now as well as dibescare dot com. You can go to our website, hit learn more tab and get our app through there are you can go on Apple and Android the App Store and usib's Career Education and get our app that way. But the key to all this, you know, taking apart the clinical side, is for everybody who's really educated about the truth about diabetes. We talk about more thanch is what you put in your mouth. We talk about oxidative stress. We talk about healthy fats, good versus good fats. We talk about brain health and beyond. I mean, we really dive into things that people just aren't learning in regular western ice medicine. And you can't learn it when you have a two hour wait in the way room and you get a five minute appointment. You're not going to change somebody's life.
Speaker 1: That way, no question. Tim it's I mean, western medicine does it just treats the symptom. But I don't know how you feel about RFK Junior, But I'm kind of excited that he's sort of bringing this proactivity, getting in front of the disease and starting out with a more healthy lifestyle in order to prevent it from occurring in the first instance. And I think that's a more practical and common sense approach to dealing with it. But as you point out, you know, one of the big elephants in the room is the existence of these pharmaceutical companies and they're in the business of getting people to pop pills. That's how they make their money, and they're happy to see more and more people have to pop them or you know, buy the insulin.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, and the RFK juniors got a big task in front of them. But I like what he's doing, you know, I like the Donald Trump passed the Executive Order for the Decrease in Drugs. I think along with that, they have to pass an executive order to get rid of these prior authorizations, which is the mental band that deny these drugs when patients go to the pharmacy to try to get them or make them two way too costly. I mean, like Jardians, which is one of the best drugs out there for diabets right now. I mean, we're our goal to get people off. But if there's a good drugs, Juardians is a really good drug and it's like thirteen hundred dollars on homes cash out of pocket, and means who can afford that? And so we and we spend a lot of time fighting with the insurance companies to pay for these drugs for diabets that really need them, and so that that's a big problem too. So I think along with you know, the thirty percent off, they need to you know, look into the middleman of the drugs too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the pharmacy benefit managers. Get rid of those. Boy, that would streamline the process. Wouldn't take a lot of the cost out of there.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: US Diabeticscare dot Com are us diabetescare dot com where you find Tim Keller and the tips and information about diabetes along with the opportunity to get the app if you're so inclined. Tim, I appreciate you giving out the wonderful information, sending people in the right direction, and what you're doing at US Diabetes Care, helping folks out of need and curing it, getting rid of it. How long have you been diabetes free?
Speaker 11: Tim?
Speaker 9: I was diagnosed in two thousand and nine and I've been diabetic free since.
Speaker 1: That's absolutely amazing. So there is hope out there for my diabetic friends in the audience. Tim Good having you on the program did an interesting conversation. I appreciate the opportunity to speak with you and that you spent some time with my listeners to me today.
Speaker 9: Hey, Brian, thank you very much.
Speaker 12: I like sense.
Speaker 4: It's a good place.
Speaker 1: It is a good place. Come visit anytime you want. Tim, the water's fine, Take care of yourself, have a wonderful week and weekend. Seven forty eight right now fifty five KRC DE Talk stations. QC Kinetics, and I think it's a pretty amazing thing. QC Kinetics have been around for about eight years, which isn't a real long time, but they got more than fifty thousand satisfied patients. Yeah, people no longer living with a knee pain, the back pain, the hip pain, the shoulder pain gone. I mean, it's just and this is these are natural healing properties that are taken from your bodies biological growth factors, and they have robust healing properties carefully strategically placed in that painful joint and it's a powerful, important way to give your joints a new life repairing the old tissue. This is an in office procedure. There are no drugs, there is no surgery, and there's no downtime. All natural cellular lever level option with lasting relief and the painision satisfaction reports are really truly amazing. So imagine doing all those things you want to do this summer without being slowed down by the joint pain which you deal with probably from the moment you get up in the morning and maybe even all day. Call QC Kinetics. It's a free consultation. Learn about these cutting edge treatments that may be able to help you live your best life. Free consultation five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine fifty five KRC. In nineteen seventy seven, a movie hit with you. Jenni First one to wether Hoole Casts. Two day, partly cloudy, warm, humid, late afternoon evening storms expected to show up around seven pm and last into the night time hours eighty five for the Hohiday overnight lois sixty eight with as few storm as possible, so morning rain to the south of the city tomorrow, then afternoon evening storms they say are likely. You should begin somewhere around five pm, and then they also are calling for possibility of wind gust, tornadoes and torrential downpours to mars Hi eighty two with an overnight low sixty two. Rains out, and then a Saturday will be dry and partly cloudy and seventy three. It's sixty four degrees.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: Time for traffic update from the UCL trampink Center.
Speaker 7: You See Health has expert traumacare focusing on prevention, treating injuries, and supporting long term recovery and rehabilitation. Learn more at you see how dot com. Saf Pound seventy five cruits continue to work with a wreck near Union Center. Left side traffic backs to Tylersville, then slow again through Lachlan at an extra five minutes. Sathbound seventy one from field zerb down to Peiffer. Northbound four seventy one backs past Grand chuck Ing Bramont fifty five.
Speaker 1: Care see the talk station. It's seven fifty three fifty five kre CD talk station. It's Friday E looking forward to having Dave Hatter on tomorrow six thirty and uh, you know, since we're talking about health this morning, and he did allude to the uh, Donald Trump executive will to reduce the cost of prescription of pharmaceutical drugs. I had asked out loud, because that's something that the devil rocrats have been advocating for for a long time, lowering the cost of pharmaceuticals, lower the cost of pharmaceuticals? Are you going to accomplish that? So lo and behold. Donald Trump comes up with the executive order and says, here's how you do it. Most Favored Nation status that whoever's out there paying the least price for a pharmaceutical, they're working with the pharmaceutical companies. How is it that Europe gets their drugs for cheaper than the United States. How is it the candidate gets there's cheaper than the United States? Well, I guess because socialized medicine. They pleaded the pharmaceutical companies and say, hey, you know, go builk the Americans for the high cost of medicine. They'll fund your research and development and your profits. We need a cheaper price. Well, I guess it's time to spread the spread the burden on a broader number of people in the world. So that's what's going on. I had asked, what you go, how are the Democrats going to object to this? Because you know, anything evil Orange Man does, they're going to say no to It doesn't matter how much sense it makes. If this Trump arrangement syndrome, it's built into literally everything. Well, I was pleasantly surprised. The Representative ro Kana, no right winger ro Kana, Democrat out of California, has introduced legislations to codify President Trump's executive order. Say that's the right thing to do. Today introduced bipartisan legislation to codify Trump's executive order ensuring Americans do not pay more than people in other countries for drugs, asking Congressional members to stand with Rocana in codifying the executive order. So this is one that they're not going to stand in the way of. At least there's one that's not going to stand in the way of it. So good, let's hope that that bears fruit seven fifty five fifty five KRC, the talk station. After the top of the R news Doctor Paul Winfrey, CEO the Economic Policy Innovation Center. We're going to talk Medicaid reform. Apparently he's a former White House Budget director, so that'll be after the news, followed by iHeart Media aviation expert Jay Ratliffe at A thirty. I hope you can stick around at the top of the hour. Every day we discover something new and important, the day's top stories on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: This report o Canada, Donald Trump rashing, the economy, recession looming.
Speaker 1: What happens next? Watch what happened? Will happen right here on fifty five KARC the talk station. At six Here fifty five kr CD talk station and a happy Thursday to you. Bout of the R with IRVD Aviation. Next met Jay Rattler. But right now I'm really excited and please welcome to the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Doctor Paul Winfrey, President CEO of an organization called the Economic Policy Innovation Center. He served a top management policy roles in the White House, US Senate as well as think tanks, and during the first Trump administration. He served as the Deputy Assistant to the President for Domestic Policy and Deputy Director of Domestic Policy Council. His research has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Washington Post, Investors, Business Daily, The USA Today, in Congressional Quartery, among other publications. Also the author of the History and Future of the Budget Process in the United States. Doctor Winfree, Welcome to the program. It's a real pleasure to have you on, sir. Thanks for having me. I appreciate it. Well. When you read the news, you think the world is coming to an end. Oh my god, eight point six million people are going to be deprived of healthcare if these reforms go in that the Republicans are talking about. Let us start with it seems to me that many of the Democrats who are railing against requiring people who are able bodied in their prime work years to actually participate and work or do something for twenty hours a week, they shouldn't be on Medicaid. Can you remind my listeners who may be on this fence and about the issue what Medicaid was originally designed to do.
Speaker 4: That's exactly right. I mean, if you break down the eight million person number, or the eight million lost coverage number. One point four million of those folks are illegal immigrants. One and a half million of them are not eligible for Medicaid, but they've been retained on the program by regulations that are promulgated by the Biden administration. Another couple of million are people who don't even exist right now, but CBO says may this in the future and maybe eligible for Medicaid. And everybody else are working age adults who are healthy and currently on the program and don't have any don't have any requirement to work. When the program was created, as you mentioned, in the nineteen sixties, this was a program for the vulnerable folks, the disabled, the blind, pregnant moms and kids. And what we've seen over the last ten years is the program has evolved to benefit the healthy adults without dependence over the truly vulnerable, which is changing the way that medicine is delivered and ultimately making it harder for folks who truly need the Medicaid program to see to see doctors, and to get the healthcare that they ultimately need.
Speaker 1: So what they've done is they've undermined Medicaid's original intent. They put all these people on who weren't eligible for it originally. How is it that it expanded so much and people didn't say, well, well, whoa, whoa, we're we're this has gone way beyond the scope of what was truly intended. Yeah, So get this.
Speaker 4: When Obamacare was created in twenty ten, and then it expanded the medicaid program to the healthy adults in twenty fourteen, they knew that states would be disinclined to expand Medicaid to the healthy population because it would have added to their state budgets. And so what they did is they set up a new financing structure that rewards states for enrolling healthy adults.
Speaker 11: So for every one.
Speaker 4: Dollar that states spend, they get nine dollars from the federal government if they enroll in help healthy adults without kids, and they get a dollar thirty three for every dollar that they spend for every pregnant mom, disabled person, blind person, elderly person or child that they put on the Medicaid program. And so if you think about it that way from a state's perspective, they're literally rewarded by the federal government for enrolling and shifting medicine towards it's healthy adults over people who truly need it, and and that those those incentives have become even more strengthened because of some Biden regulations that have been pushed out over the last four years that have just accelerated that and encouraged states even more to take up the Obamacare expansion. And that's that's that's really what we're talking about here.
Speaker 1: So the left has been advocating for universal health care. I mean, it was supposed to Obamacare is supposed to do that. I know Hillary Clinton never to do it back when she was the first Lady, but obviously it didn't go through then. But this sounds just like a nefarious backdoor mechanism to create that reality because more and more people are expanded put on Medicaid and are not in private insurance or or dealing with it on their own.
Speaker 10: Is that that kind of what's actually unfolding here, Bingo, You're exactly right. So the left has been talking for years about medicare for all. Right, Bernie Sanders has been talking about medicare for all for years.
Speaker 4: You've got bills to do this. Democrats in the House, AOC, they also have.
Speaker 1: Bills to do this.
Speaker 4: The real Trojan horse here is that it was never intended to be Medicare for all. It was intended to be Medicaid for all. And one of the big differences the seniors know between Medicare and Medicaid is that doctors get paid much less for seeing the vulnerable population in Medicaid than they do for Medicare or private health insurance or even Medicaid for the healthy adults because of the incentive structure to push medicine towards the healthy adults in the Medicaid program. What that means is that right now today there are about seven hundred and ten thousand disabled Americans on Medicaid waitlists to get things like home health care because the states have again been incentivized not to spend on that population because that's what the federal government has been telling them to do. And if they keep moving this in the tenet non expansion states expand Meday cave like Texas and Florida and Georgia, then we are going to become that much closer to a Medicaid for all system where there's just a takeover of healthcare and it's all run out of HHS. That's where we're going right now. Eighty million Americans are on Medicaid, a program that was originally intended to.
Speaker 1: Be for the truly vulnerable. And I know you've pointed out in your research, in your in your writings on this that states exploit medical medicaid with with what you referred to as loopholes, private provider taxes and state directed payments, which you I think referred to as money laundering schemes. How do these work? And isn't this a reform that should be incorporated into what the Republicans are trying to do right now?
Speaker 4: So the medicaid provider taxes, if the private sector were to do this, it would be illegal.
Speaker 1: People will go to jail. Literally.
Speaker 4: What happens is that the states tax medicaid providers, insurers, and hospitals in particular. They then re the same amount of money that they're taxing the hospitals and the insurance, So they pay the insurers and the hospitals to pay the tax. They then build the federal government for the amount of that tax, and the federal government reimburses the state. The states then split the money that they get from the federal government with the providers, so they send it to the insurers and through higher capitation rates or higher premiums, and they send it to the hospitals to higher payments. But here's the really wild thing that's going on here again. Because states get nine dollars from the federal government for every one dollar that they spend on the healthy population, they're incentivized to gain this in particular in the direction of the healthy population. And so what we're seeing right now play out in quite literally real time is that there's a collusion between state governments and the hospitals and the insurers to figure out ways in which they can increase premiums and prices for the healthy adult population to take advantage of these money laundering schemes. And what that's doing is it's quite literally redirecting the way that medicine is delivered so that the vulnerable folks don't want to be seen by doctors. Rather, the doctors want to see healthy folks because they get paid more for seeing them by the federal and state governments. And if in personally, I mean just as a as a tax paying American, I think that that's wrong and I don't want to see my own my own tax dollars go for things like.
Speaker 1: That that structure is just I'm just my mind is boggled by this, doctor Winfrey. And then that's the way it exists, creating zero incentive whatsoever for states that want to reign in or or ride heard over the Medicaid dollars that are being spent. I mean, there's zero incentive there. Their zero incentive. And we've seen, I mean, your listeners.
Speaker 4: Know exactly the states that have abused us the most without me even saying the name's California and New York. But California and New York have used these money long during scams to funnel more and more money back to the back back to the state governments from the Feil government. They've then used the profits from these money laundering scams to provide health insurance Medicaid for illegal immigrants, but also to pay for things that have absolutely nothing to do with healthcare to fund budget shortfalls in their own states. And they're doing this on the backs of Medicaid. They're literally using Medicaid to funnel federal money back to the state to fund their budget fund their budget shortfalls. And so Congress is looking right now at closing or at least limiting some of those loopholes, But really I think that they can go even even further than than what they're.
Speaker 1: Doing well, And you know, it's sort of I wish the American public who could listen to this particular interview now or at least have the understanding that doctor Winfrey here has, because then they would easily reject these screams and wailing and gnashing of teeth about all these eight million people are going to lose their medical benefits because as you describe it, of course clearly they shouldn't have them anyway. But the idea that this system has been so upside down that it incentivizes treating the healthy people to the exclusion of the original point of medicaid, I think would rile people up and will be anger.
Speaker 4: That's exactly right. The Congressional Budget Office just last week put out a letter that said that if you reduced the f MAP, or the amount of the federal contribution for the healthy population down to the down to the rate that the phligarment paced for the vulnerable population, it will save about seventy one billion dollars a year. At the same time, only about two million people will become uninsured. Based on their estimates, If you divide the seventy one billion by the two million, you get about thirty thousand dollars a year that the federal government is paying to ensure the marginal person on the Medicaid program, even though the even though the federal government tells us that it only costs about eight thousand dollars to ensure a person on Medicaid. So one has to ask the question where did the other twenty two thousand dollars go? And the answer is that it's being channeled to the state governments and the insurers and the hospitals, which is why those groups are the ones that are actually panicking about what Congress is doing right now and trying to incite a riot in Washington, DC amongst the vulnerable Medicaid recipients.
Speaker 1: I can only imagine the lobbying frenzy that's going on right now in DC given this as a topic of conversation with reconciliation.
Speaker 4: It's absolutely incredible. And let me give you another just a quick fact here that really surprised me when I discovered it a couple of months ago, and that is is that the highest compensated healthcare insurance CEO in the country is a Medicaid managed care provider. He covers Medicaid recipients. Eighty eight percent of his beneficiaries are on Medicaid, the rest are on the other twelve percent are either on Obamacare subsidized plans or Medicare advantage plan. They cover about five point two million people in America. This is the highest compensated health insurance CEO.
Speaker 1: In the country.
Speaker 4: And you know, like, I don't you want to speak for other people, but I personally believe that, you know, we shouldn't be creating a system where you can get rich off of providing welfare to people, right, I think that that's wrong, and also one in which one hundred percent of your revenue is connected to the federal government. Right, Like, we should, you know, we should have a better profit motive for people who could make money by actually improving people's lives and making them healthier.
Speaker 1: Amen to that sounds like a lot of the problems we're have with non governmental organizations just generally speaking. I mean, they exist to create jobs for the people that work within the organizations and taking federal taxpayer dollars and really I think going out into the world and literally accomplishing nothing except perhaps letting the money loop back a little bit to line the pockets of politicians in DC. Bingo. I mean, that's exactly right.
Speaker 4: And you know, one of the things actually, you know, that we've been talking to some of the Members of Commerce about is that there's pretty good data on how when you expand Medicaid and other welfare programs, democratic turnout in democratic counties goes up. And the reason for that is because the healthcare industrial and welfare industrial complex uses these NGOs that are are that are far left in many cases, like Planned Parenthood and others to help them and enroll people. And then that gives those same NGO's access to you know, names and addresses, which allows them to go out and and increase turnout right and into put into the harvest and uh and so you know, by by expanding the welfare state, not only are we creating a culture of dependency, but we're also creating a culture that feeds one party, one political party over the other. And that's intentional. They that's they they know that that's what they're doing.
Speaker 1: We are You didn't you didn't come looking for an argument today, doctor Paul Winfrey. Unbelievable, so so revealing, and so nefarious. If I can boil down this entire concept of what's gone on and what's what's unfolded over the years with Medicaid, EPIC, ep I CE, epic for America dot org, really valuable website you've got going there, and the work that you're doing there is just is so important. Doctor. Thank you so much for spending time with my listeners and enlightening them and me on the how bad this is out there, and let's keep our fingers crossed and we do get some reform passed, because this is a this is a sinking ship round. This is just one part of the of the budget and clearly we have outspent ourselves to a degree that I think it's an existential threat to our existence as a country. Thank you very much for having me. I really appreciate it. It's been my pleasure, sir. Thank you. Eight twenty one fifty five kr C DE talk station Jeez Louise Cover since you get in touch with Cover Sincy to find out about a better way to get yourself medical insurance. Speaking of which, John Rowman and the team of Cover Sincy are medical insurance brokers. They work for you and they are able to put most of the coverage up front, so you have very little and maybe even often cases no out of pocket responsibility. You can pick your doctors and it's thirty six, thirty to sixty percent lower costs than Obamacare. You heard me correct on that they work with hundreds of insurance companies, thousands of insurance policies out There's what they do is put a package of policies together, designed specifically for you and where you are at this point in your life. You may have kids, you may have to insure your family. You may be younger person, maybe not making a whole lot of money, and you don't buy medical insurance. You're in for a world to hurt. If something happens for you, he can make it affordable for you. My son got insured through cover Cincy. I got lots of friends and lots of folks out in the listening audience took me up with my recommendation just to give them a call initiate the conversation. Doesn't cost you anything but a little bit of your time, no money. You're not obligated to do anything. They'll take a look at where you are and come up with a better way and best case you could probably get is no. You are in the best spot you can be medically wise. But then you get the value of the whole team as you move forward. Once you're working with cover Sincy, you got a claim problem, you don't have to even get on the phone with the insurance company. You call up the team, Hey, they denied a claim. They'll iron it out for you. That's a role that they take on. So save a lot of money, get get better medical insurance company A coverage call five one three eight hundred call five one three eight hundred two two five five. You can fill the format online. It's easy to do coversincy dot.
Speaker 5: Com fifty five krc.
Speaker 1: Here go Tenna nine first winning weebadcasts partly cloudy, warm, humid, late afternoon and evening storms are expected about seven pm. They should roll in at least that's the forecast eighty five for the high down to sixty eight overnight with some with lasting storms. Tomorrow. We got storms to the south afternoon and eating storms are likely for the general area starting around five pm, they say, along with the possible wind gus tornadoes and torrential downboards eighty two. Tomorrow's high sixty two overnight the rain moves out. We've got a partly cloudy, dry Saturday with the highest seventy three sixty seven. Right now, time for a traffic update from the UCU Traffic Center.
Speaker 7: You see Health has expert traumacare focusing on prevention, treating injuries, and supporting long term recovery and rehabilitation. Learn more and you see health dot com stet fan seventy five. There's an ancident your Union center left shoulder now one in the back of above Cincinnati beaton that's on the left shoulder. Traffic fax to one twenty ninth set fand seventy one continues to run an ex to fifteen minutes field zirdle to Red Bank northbound seventy five close to a fifteen minute to lay out of Florence.
Speaker 1: Chuck Ingram on fifty five KROOC the talk station, Hey, thirty fIF you've have KRCD talk station. Happy Thursday always made extra special because this is the time of week when we get to talk to iHeart met the aviation expert Jay Ratlift. Jay Rattlift, Welcome back, my friend. I always love having you on the show.
Speaker 12: Highlight of my week.
Speaker 1: Brother, I appreciate that so much, and it's not much of a curveball. And I just want to talk to you briefly, even though it's not on your list. The jet that cutter is offering President Donald Trump to serve as a new air Force one. I think the optics of it look bad. Just don't even go down that road, was my just initial reaction, the Democrats pulling their hair out, saying it's a bribe or whatever. It's a violation of the law. Anyway, it serves to give them some talking point because they literally have nothing to talk about. But it's not just that simple, because as I've read, according to three aviation experts feed with nbcn IS, it would cost more than a billion dollars and take years to retrofit it. So this isn't exactly a great deal.
Speaker 9: Is it.
Speaker 4: It is not.
Speaker 14: But you know, if President Trump, it's always about he always gets from point A to point B.
Speaker 12: We may not like how he gets there, but he doesn't.
Speaker 14: And I always wonder if this, a lot like the initial tariff talks, is designed for another purpose.
Speaker 12: So I don't know if it's he doesn't have to negotiate.
Speaker 14: With Boeing because all that's locked in as far as what the government's paying for the next air Force one. But it's been delayed, delayed, delayed, and well, I'll be interested to see how far this progresses.
Speaker 1: Well maybe that's the point. He knows about everything I mentioned in optics and all of that. But maybe by saying, hey, listen, I'm gonna get a brain, I'm gonna get a fairly new airport right out of the gate. It's going to be delivered. And by the way, Boeing, where's mine? I mean, that thing's been in order for years and years and it's not scheduled to be delivered.
Speaker 14: And so what year Jay is like, I don't think he'll I don't think he'll fly in it as president. So he may get on it as he you know, as he departs Washington, DC at the end of this term. Maybe if he's lucky. I don't think they'll have it ready by then, because the initial delivery time is one thing. But this thing's been delayed so many times. I don't believe anything Boeing says. I think it's gonna be delayed, should be delayed even further.
Speaker 1: Wow, you messing with the wrong customer. I would think the President of the United States of America, regardless of what political stripe he bears. If you're just if you're not delivering on something that's been ordered forever, you'd think that they would allocate the necessary resources to at least getting that project done and moved ahead. Just because the optics are so bad given everything else that's going on with the company.
Speaker 14: Well, you know, if you're if you're gonna be late delivering aircraft to Ryan Air in Europe, that may fly under the radar here. Yeah, if you're going to be late in delivering air Force air Force one excuse me, I think somebody's gonna notice. So you're right, that should be a priority.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you think the board of directors would recognize that as a priority since it makes the news fairly regularly, and now even more so. Going back to your point of reason, maybe why he wants to accept the plane is this elevates everybody's attention to it. In the context of this conversation, you know, the American population might be saying, hey, why don't you buy it from an American Manufacturer's like, well, we've been trying to do that now for the past fifteen years. But they're not delivering right.
Speaker 14: And it also makes the people that are jump backing up and down on the other side, nipping at his heels, yeah, look even more full. It's like when Sean Duffy, the Transportation Secretary, had his wife's upcoming flight adjusted, or she's gonna be flying out of JFK instead of Newark because there's a lot of delays.
Speaker 12: She's going to a conference. He wants her to be on time.
Speaker 14: But the minute that happens, it's a matter of, well, you did that because it's not safe to fly out of Newark. That's not safe to fly out of Newark because what President Trump has done in the last one hundred days. And of course that's ridiculous. Everybody, well most everybody recognized is that. But Brian, I mean, I've been getting emails from people all over the country ever since this mess started saying, Jay, would you go through Newark? And I said no, not if I could avoid it, And so all he did was a just things as you and I would. It's a lot like, Okay, it's January, I'm flying United. Am I going to connect through Chicago for Houston? I think I'll choose Houston because we know what happens in Chicago in the month of January. So when they make these ridiculous arguments, it's like, that's really what you want to jump up and down on. That's the point you're going to try to make to make yourself look I don't know better politically, it's stupidity, and I did. I just don't get well. I'm glad I don't get it because you and I don't think that way.
Speaker 1: Well, we don't think that way. We try to stay a little bit closer updated on the actual realities that we're dealing with day in and day out, rather than just clinging to some ridiculous SoundBite it's not based on facts. Let's bring Jay Ratliffe back. We will talk about the outage at Newark, which seems to be happen more often, getting parts from eBay more with Jay alive. After these brief words up, you can stick around fifty five.
Speaker 5: Krc's had a number of surgeries.
Speaker 1: He's all right. I heard media aviation expert. We get him every Thursday between eight thirty and the close of the show, and it's an enjoyable experience for me. I know my listeners enjoy hearing from you. Jay and maybe you can explain what the hell is going on at Newark Airport. I was laughing because he said, would you want to would you want to fly through Newark and or you know, layover in Newark? And I think my initial reaction, regardless of the status of the air traffic control system, will we know right out of the gate, I don't want to go to Newark for any reason. But most notably they have made the news regularly lately with their with the outages. So what's the story behind this one, Jay.
Speaker 14: Well, we've got a couple of different issues. It's a technology issue as well as a staffing issue. And what we've seen in the last two weeks or three occasions were the FAA technology for tracking aircraft, which of course we've talked about how antiquated fast century plus that technology is.
Speaker 12: Where we've had.
Speaker 14: Three instances in two weeks. The first two were primary systems that failed that actually caused the scopes, the radar screens, to go blank. You could not see the air traffic that you were managing. You could fortunately then speak to them, which was good because you could at least still communicate. The second instance, that happened on Sunday morning, was a backup or secondary system that failed. And that's my biggest concern is like, wait a minute. Now, we've got the primary and the secondary systems that are being effected. And what's happening is this technology that is so old it's simply just wearing down. It just cannot withstand the demands that are being placed on it. So what we're seeing is the same system which is used across the country. I look at Newark as an indication of this is just the beginning. We could see other types of situations like this occur, and that is certainly something that's an issue.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 14: The question I get is, Jade, does that mean it is unsafe for us if we're going to be flying in that part of the country. Now, the FAA is doing a very good job from a traffic management standpoint, where they keep the number of aircraft headed into a certain region, especially that congested Northeast, limited to a certain number. If they start to have issues with technology, they slow that down. We have frequent ground stops in cities like Cincinnati, Columbus.
Speaker 12: Chicago, anything headed towards the Northeast.
Speaker 14: If there's an issue, they'll issue a groundstop and say no, your plane can't take off until this time because we're only managing a certain number of aircraft in this vicinity in this timeframe. So I think they do a pretty good job of managing it. So it's something that their controllers do not get overwhelmed with. Obviously, you want them to have the technology working, because look, we're forty air traffic controllers short in Newark at this point in time that part of the country, and what's taken place is three thousand air traffic controllers short across the country. So you have air traffic controllers that are working over time because they are short staff, and you have a situation where they don't they can't count on their technology because it's failing, and you have a lot of these individuals that are just saying, look, I'm going to go get a less stressful job, like you know, bomb detection or something, because this is just if we've had five of them that had to take a leave of absence because of the emotional distress that they had when they lost contact with their aircraft for ninety seconds. Now, sometimes I would be like, oh, not come up, but what these men and women are going through, I totally understand that where they're taking a forty five day leave of absence and going from there. The problem, of course, Brian, is neither of those two systems are two issues with the shortage of air traffic controllers or technology is anything we can fix fast. In other words, it's going to take years for us to get the technology updated. Thank god President Trump has made this an item of priority. And if we have a Manhattan Project kind of approach, all hands on deck, we can knock it out maybe two years. That's great staffing. It's going to take years for the staffing to get up where it needs to be, which means neither of these situations are going to be resolved anytime soon. And when Sean Duffy comes out as the Transfer taking Secretary saying that some of these parts are so old from the last century that they have to go to eBay to buy the parts for the FAA, if that doesn't tell you what we're up against, I don't know. That's terrifying and scary at the same time, because it's one thing to find people qualified to still work on equipment from the seventies and eighties and nineties, but to find parts on eBay to do so again. Thank God, President Trump's doing something because all these useless people in Washington, d C, on both sides of the aisle that want to use this as a political ping pong ball. Excuse me, you've been in DC for forty fifty years, thirty years, twelve, and you've done nothing to address this FAA issue, which we've known it was coming. But the idea is, it's a lot easier to give money for a bridge where I can get my picture taken versus spending it on something boring like the FAA's upgraded computer system. We've waited too long and we're behind the eight ball, and we've got to do a lot, and I'm glad President Trump's at the helm to.
Speaker 12: Do something about it.
Speaker 1: Well, when you talk about getting parts off EVA, that's because no one manufactures the type of equipment that these computers are relying on, Like, for example, I think I jokingly reference five and a quarter floppy drives with you, but that sounds to me exactly like what they're using.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's like trying to find a part from my Radio Shack computer from nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 1: Realistic, where's it going to be?
Speaker 14: I mean, you know, nobody's going to stock that part because one person every three years is going to buy it, and that's what they're running into. And some people thought Sean Duffy was making a joke. He's like, no, I'm serious. These are the ends that we have to go to to try to keep this stuff working. And I've seen some of these computers that overheat frequently that are part of the air traffic contro system where they have to open up the back panels and put fans there they try to keep them cool from overheating. And I'm thinking we've had their traffic controllers have to have an umbrella at their desk inside the Why because it leaks at the ceiling. I'm trying to keep water off of my computer. Look at all of these different things that they have to deal with.
Speaker 12: Why.
Speaker 14: Oh, by the way, we're supposed to have fourteen people on duty. We can only have three, four or five. It's just an emotional mess right now with what they're going through. And again, the people that politically are saying, you know, Donald Trump has all these issues. No, We've had issues like this for a number of decades. And I blame both sides of the aisle because it's been a joint effort that's in essence ignored what the FA has needed all these years. It reminds me of let's say, social security and some of these other things that they just don't want to touch. And you know, there're gonna spend more time seeing that they can blame versus trying to fix the problem.
Speaker 1: Well, if there were more air traffic accidents and more loss of lives than it would have been elevated their attention. I think they figured, as long as it's working, there are thousands of flights every single day, and nothing seems to be happening, so status quo is a okay.
Speaker 14: And that is such a great, great point because yes, we were enjoying the safest era of commercial jet travel in as long as it's working. Why invest hundreds of billions of dollars in something when something's working? And that's exactly the mindset these people have. The bridge hasn't collapsed, so.
Speaker 12: What do we need to spend money to rebuild it?
Speaker 4: Yees?
Speaker 14: You know, And that's why I'm glad that you're right down the middle on things. You call it the way you see it, because both sides of the aisle are guilty in this.
Speaker 12: They should be held accountable.
Speaker 14: But I think it's been half the energy that they spend pointing fingers and actually get some work done on all the things are there for I'd feel so much better.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, wouldn't the world be a much better place? Jeez? Anyway, Jay, now you talk about air traffics and controllers. Now, if I were to go today and enroll in air traffic control school, they're going to be training me on how work equipment that's fifty years old. That I mean, that's kind of be a fact of the current situation, right yep.
Speaker 12: And we only have so many we can do.
Speaker 14: We can we can comfortably get fifteen hundred to two thousand through at a time. Last year, the FAA had a goal for the whole year of hiring fifteen hundred air traffic controllers. They did that by September first. I was bragging on a big time by hitting their goal. Early this year, they were hoping to get two thousand hired. But look, only a portion of those make it through the training, and it could be three years, four years or even longer before you're final fully trained at your post by yourself.
Speaker 12: Doing your job.
Speaker 1: Let's the equivalent of getting a four year degree to college.
Speaker 14: Then that's why you can't turn the spiket on and inspect immediate results here because all this stuff takes time. And the fa does a good job of training these people, but it takes a while to get them there. So that's why when you look at all of this, it's like you and I are going to be talking about Newark and the FAA and all this stuff a whole lot more as we move forward, because we're going to see other computers around the country that are going to start experiencing some of these similar.
Speaker 12: Kinds of issues.
Speaker 14: We've already seen them in the past, but this is three currencies in a couple of weeks, and it's in a point part of the country that's incredibly congested, and it's become a major talking point for all the obvious reasons.
Speaker 1: Well, I just hope it doesn't turn into a major talking about a point about loss of life. Well, is it real quick here on air traffic control? Is it a lucrative profession? Is it something that's worth pursuing as an endeavor?
Speaker 12: I mean, some of these people one.
Speaker 14: Hundred and fifty grand a year, sometimes more, sometimes less, especially with some of the ones that are.
Speaker 12: Working over time at this point.
Speaker 14: Yeah, but you remember coming out of the pandemic, how we had a lot of people that adjusted their entire mindset on work. It was like, I'm working three jobs to do this, I'm only going to work too, or I'm busting my butt working two jobs for my quality of life's sake, I'm only going to have one. We see pilots that could qualify to become captains that turn it down because they like the first officer. They like their seniority where they can call the shots. If I get promoted and I'm sitting in the left seat when I'm at the bottom of the list and I can't have that much control over my schedule, yeah, I would get paid more, but I control my life more in this situation. And these air traffic controllers, it's the same thing when they get there and they're saying, I'm going through so much for this when I could be happier doing something else, and all of that stuff not all, but a great deal of it is stuff that we shove on them because we're giving them tools that they can't depend on, and we're asking them to do the job of several people because we can't keep everything staffed as we should. And a lot of these people are just saying I've had it in a way they go and Brian, I can't blame them, because if every single day you're in charge of the safeguarding the lives of people that are you know that you're helping to facilitate the movement of those aircraft. There's no room for margin as far as for safety. You've got to jump in there and do your job, and everything has to work as it's supposed to, and you're worried every day is it really gonna work? Am I gonna be able to get through my shift without a problem? And you know that's certainly a concern.
Speaker 1: Well, all right, well, we always part company on hub delays. So what's the status today for air traffic.
Speaker 14: I think Minneapolis is gonna be the only problem shot, and I think it's gonna be kind of a glancing blow, so we might see delays at most it might approach an hour, but that's pretty much.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 14: We've got these afternoon thunderstorms which can pop up anywhere, which goes to show why Sharry and I when we fly, we catch the first flight out in the morning because a that's the flight. Airlines concentrate on the most to get it out on.
Speaker 12: Time, so your odds go up.
Speaker 14: And to these afternoon thunderstorms that can pop up any of the where, that really create a lot of afternoon.
Speaker 12: Messes and delays.
Speaker 14: You know you've got your bags out of baggage claim, you're driving to your destination long before those things hit if you fly out early in the morning.
Speaker 12: I'm not telling people to do that. I'm just explaining why we do that.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, Jay, Always appreciate your our conversations and enlightening and in today slightly scary, but got to get the info out there. And uh and let's spread the truth about all these things. I'll look forward to next Thursday, another edition of this aviation segment. You have a wonderful weekend, my friend.
Speaker 14: And looking forward to next week. This has got to be the fastest twenty minutes of my week. To be sure, it seems like six Yah.
Speaker 1: You too, I love it. Eight fifty one fifty five KRC detalk stations.
Speaker 5: I'll be right back fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Did you hear a recent stat