Speaker 1: S The Been and Skin Show ninety seven point one. The Eagle Been on vacation this week, but the three of us Me, Katie and Christina will continue to party with you, giving away Jerry Cantrell tickets all week long. That's pretty cool. Now, coming up at five o'clock. People love it when the big barbecue lists come down and we have some food news for you. You do not want to miss. That's coming up at five o'clock. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: Give me that news quickie, you give it to you.
Speaker 3: So, six years after legalizing having a little bit of THHC, the Texas legislator is about to approve a ban on THCHC. Now, this is going to be big, big problems for the multi billion dollar hemp industry here in Texas. They rely on legal over the COUNTERHC products. We've talked about CD oils, things like that. We've also talked for sure about these THHC alcoholic drinks as well, which at all our liquor stores very quickly over the last two years, like almost a whole aisle of them at some.
Speaker 2: Of your bigger liquor stores.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I uh, I've always been confused by this because I have not followed the laws closely to understand what's going on. But I may I think people that listen to the show have listened to the show. I've known for a long time. I think it's absolutely absurd that marijuana is illegal, Like it's absurd and this so we have a new laws coming down and so now there can't be any of it available, or I guess I was a little confused as to what level was already available.
Speaker 3: I think I think what you're saying is coming from a from an extreme place on that not an extreme man. That's a big But like, I think most people don't care. I think most people don't care if it's legal or not. But I don't think there's a lot of people who are like.
Speaker 2: I think it needs to be or I think it needs to right right now.
Speaker 1: Most people are kind of like whatever, it doesn't affect the man and that, And my point is, then why would you make something illegal exactly that most people don't care about, unless you're just probably upset that you're not getting a cut of the industry, or it's fake morality or whatever.
Speaker 2: It's so interesting.
Speaker 1: I don't want the government in my life unless it's for my beliefs, and then I want to go take stuff away from everybody because it's not what I want. I hate all this stuff, right, maybe someone with a Jesus complex.
Speaker 3: The fight is over consumable delta eight THC. That's another thing that about this as there's a science level to this. But that's what I'll SAYC is the kind that was allowed. That's why you can have those THC drinks. See when we were kids, you smoke a joint. I don't understand.
Speaker 2: When you're a kid.
Speaker 3: Well, things have changed, you know, and now you have edibles and things like that. I CBD oils and all that stuff. The idea is that that strain of THC is not as strong, So the edibles those are the ones that are getting kind of ruled out. Well, edibles you kind of you couldn't get here anyways. That's what I'm saying. I don't even understand.
Speaker 1: I don't even understand what I could DBD oils and drinks is mainly what this is, okay, because most people just know a guy and there's there are gummies that have a small amount of this delta etc. In it, and it's regulated to what it can be and this was all passed in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 2: Here's what happened, Here's what this is.
Speaker 3: Why this happened because first of all, this can help with pain relief, this can help with mental wellness. We've seen tons of stories of you know, combat veterans come back and like, I rely on this.
Speaker 1: I had a friend that had Parkinson's disease as he got older, and he would have to get it illegally because it would bring him relief.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my uncle when he was dealing with cancer relied on it hard.
Speaker 3: So uh, your guy, Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick, I mean I hate him aka Resident buck Clown.
Speaker 2: I hate him.
Speaker 3: He never left so late last year he's arted saying, oh these products they are being sold with unlimited THC.
Speaker 2: They aren't, and they're being marketed to children. They aren't like they're just not.
Speaker 3: But he's just lying because he didn't want this to pass six years ago, and now he's got the power to and he's he's the worst one of all of these people. I mean, you hear a lot of names, but he is the worst one. He's the one who does not want gambling here. I want gambling in Texas with I want it here I don't want.
Speaker 1: I don't want people telling adults what they can and can't do, as long as it's not, you know, murder like real stuff.
Speaker 2: I get it. Let people have their vice, as you a holes.
Speaker 3: My favorite part of the story, though, is a quote. This is from a story in Axios and they they reached out to h the owner of shell Shock.
Speaker 2: CBD and Richardson oh Man.
Speaker 3: His name's John Burke, apparently, I guess he told this to CBS eleven.
Speaker 2: Quote.
Speaker 3: Texans don't want this. Let combat veterans be If we want to have a blunt, it's no different than having an old fashioned and kicking back. And I was like, man, that's about That's the most simple way.
Speaker 2: You could put us. He's right.
Speaker 1: I'm a man that is a partner in a brewery, and I've I've never made any distinction between alcohol and weed.
Speaker 2: I just don't.
Speaker 1: It's it drives me crazy, crazy, and there's so much misinformation about it because of propaganda to try to get far extreme groups to side with him.
Speaker 2: I just I hate all this phony crap. I hate it.
Speaker 1: Let grown ups have their vices, it's okay, regulate it like you do alcohol or cigarettes. It's Okay, we don't have to sell the kids. If some adult is selling it to a kid, arrest him, I regulate it.
Speaker 3: I would like to invite everyone to send an email to Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick and just advise him to have a great summer.
Speaker 2: And then but let's go get a man.
Speaker 3: I think if over one hundred or so people send that, I think he'll get the message.
Speaker 2: You will it too? All right? Uh so is this in effect as of today?
Speaker 3: As I don't think it's a fully finalized yet, but it's it's going that way.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, well, bad news for people that are into that stuff. Ye bad question, you asked me to one hundred percent. Sure, Bad news for us when we're supposed to be delivering news. We're just it's not our thing. Sa Ben and skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle, thanks for hanging out with us today.
Speaker 2: Coming up next in sports, it's playoff time.