Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: What Nothing, No, No, Were you thinking dirty thoughts?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I hope not, because this is a family showfusting. If you want to be dirty, you got to wait till the weekend podcast. Justin Wersham will be coming along. We'll be talking parenting like we do on Wednesdays. Research showing most considered their data top life mentor how could you not good?
Speaker 2: Or bad? How could you not? That's my question. You could ask my kids. I don't think they if they would say that I am. Of course you are. Yes, you can text them both right now and have a reply. I'm not going to have a.
Speaker 1: Weird text with your kids I haven't talked to in months and be like, do you think you're done?
Speaker 2: You have to say who are your top three life mentors?
Speaker 1: That's a weird text to get randomly out of the blue from me.
Speaker 4: I agree, But I'm just saying you could check. Usually we talk about other stuff. You could check if you wanted to. Anyway, that's coming up with Justin Warson at the bottom of the hour.
Speaker 5: Hey, guys. Dave from Santa Clarita, you talk about the internet listening to your talking and stuff, it also can hear what you're thinking. I'm a banjo player and the other day I was thinking to myself, I hadn't heard the song, but I was thinking, how if I could get the chords and the lyrics to the Eagles song Take It Easy, that I could easily figure it out of my banjo. Two seconds later, it popped up on my Facebook and the lyrics crazy.
Speaker 2: That's God, No, it's not Mark Zuckerberg.
Speaker 5: It's not.
Speaker 1: Sometimes the universe listens and they provide you with the Eagles.
Speaker 2: That's enough.
Speaker 1: Well, we do have Washington News to get to. Unfortunately, it's time for swamp watch.
Speaker 2: I'm a cheat and alah and such a sour tasty here we got. I was trying to take it easy. Are done the other side never quit.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 2: I'm not going anywhere So that the swap I can imagine what can be and be unburdened by what has been.
Speaker 5: You knows have always been gone at president, but they're not stupid.
Speaker 6: A political flunder is when a politician actually tells the.
Speaker 2: Truth whether people voted for you with mass swamp watch. They're all Canada.
Speaker 1: Hey, just a quick heads up locally about a mess that is going to be a mess.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: There is a multiple vehicle crash involving a big rig that is shut down southbound six oh five essentially just north of Washington and the Pico area.
Speaker 2: Uh. That is going to be a mess.
Speaker 4: Of the afternoon, Russian President Vladimir Putin told President Trump and a phone call that Russia is obligated to respond to the big drone attack on behalf of Ukraine against Russian bombers and airfields. There was a conversation, they said. It lasted about an hour and fifteen minutes between President Trump and President Putin. President Trump took to truth social and said that we discussed the attack.
Speaker 2: This is what he wrote.
Speaker 4: We discussed the attack on Russia's docked airplanes, docked airplane by Ukraine, and also various other attacks that have been taking place by both sides. He said it was a good conversation, but not a conversation that will lead to immediate peace. He didn't say anything about pressure on from the United States or allies against Russia in order to try to get them to agree to a cease fire. Or anything about what the next steps are. All he said was this is not a conversation that will lead to immediate peace.
Speaker 1: Well, the hiring freezes the mass layoffs when it comes to the federal workforce have obviously been in the headlines in the past months.
Speaker 2: But the hiring freeze is scheduled.
Speaker 1: To end on July fifteenth, so the government has begun to consider how it will recruit workers moving forward. There was a memo from the Office of Personnel Management that one of the things that people are going to have to do if they want a job in the federal government is to write an essay in support of Trump's executive orders. It's very North Korea. According to the memo, and it is titled the Merit Hiring Plan. It will require certain applicants to write four two hundred word essays about their work ethics, skills, expertise, commitment to the Constitution, and plans to advance the President's executive orders and policy priorities.
Speaker 2: Wow, I have the essay questions.
Speaker 1: If you're curious, fire way number one, how is your commitment to the Constitution and the founding principles of the United States inspired you to pursue this role.
Speaker 2: Within the federal government. That's fine.
Speaker 1: Number Two, in this role, how would you use your skills and experience to improve government efficiency and effectiveness?
Speaker 2: Good? I like that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Number three, how would you help advance the President's executive orders and policy priorities in this role? Identify one or two relevant executive orders or policy initiatives that are significant to you, and how would you implement them if hired?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 4: But then the fourth one is how has a strong workthodic work ethic contributed to professional, academic, or personal achievements. Three out of those four questions are perfectly acceptable.
Speaker 1: I don't like the idea that you have to do weird hand stuff to get a job in the federal government based on whatever administration is in powered. Right, But we've all bsked our way through several, if not all, essay questions to be okay to do that.
Speaker 2: I suppose the president is the best communicator that we have in the White House.
Speaker 5: Ah?
Speaker 2: Who is that?
Speaker 4: Former White House Press Secretary Karine Jean Pierre. She served under two Democratic presidents, both Biden and Obama, and according to a new book that she has coming out in the fall, she has given up on the Democratic Party her.
Speaker 2: Over every day.
Speaker 1: Every day they trotted her out to pretend what was happening wasn't happening, and to put her name and her likeness behind it. We said it in real time as it was happening. This poor woman.
Speaker 2: Who's just trotted out with lies every day.
Speaker 1: I mean, they all are, to an extent Democrat or Republican in the White House. But even more so when she was constantly asked about Biden's mental acuity and she had to lie and lie like I believe she was kept out of the circle of trust.
Speaker 2: I really do. I think there was definite plausible deniability.
Speaker 4: There, because the messaging is better if she doesn't know the.
Speaker 2: Yes, she knew, I mean we all knew.
Speaker 4: The book is called The Independent of Look Inside a Broken White House Outside the party lines, and according to the publisher, it's going to take readers through the betrayal by the Democratic Party that prompted Joe Biden's decision to get out of art.
Speaker 2: She should make money off that.
Speaker 4: She is expected to urge all of us to embrace life as independence. She says, this is a broken two party system. In a hard hitting yet hopeful critique, Karine Jean Pierre defines what it means to be part of the growing percentage of our fractured electorate that is independent. Now, who is she most angry at? Why did she write this book outside of the fact that, I mean she was in the position and has probably some inside Who is she most angry at those leaders in the Democratic Party who weren't honest with her or others in the party about what was really going on? Or is she mad at Joe Biden or she mad at Jill Biden. I mean, so she'll she'll make a bestseller list with that book just simply because of who she was.
Speaker 2: Gary and Shannon will continue, Do you pee?
Speaker 1: Just in case I got to go right now? I mean, you see a bathroom? Why pass it up? I'll tell you why that might not be good for you when we come back. Hey, it affects us. All stop laughing, like, are they really going to Yes, we're really going to talk about this. Part of that was for me. Oh wow, I didn't hear anything.
Speaker 2: Oh you didn't know.
Speaker 3: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from kfi AM six forty.
Speaker 4: Gary and Shannon kfi AM six forty Live everywhere on the iHeart.
Speaker 1: Ran a lot of Russian answers are spies. I believe you think they are. I do.
Speaker 4: Mikyle Brishnikov, hello Cia, as sid for twenty seven years.
Speaker 1: Exactly and boyfriend of Kerrie Bradshaw. Do you want your jeopardy question?
Speaker 2: I do want my jeopardy question.
Speaker 1: The guests are here for one thousand dollars. This old fashioned type of fundraiser gets its name from the card board containers of food guests bring to be auctioned off.
Speaker 2: Guests bring food, This old.
Speaker 1: Fashioned type of would you say, guests bring food boxes? Okay, it's a box social.
Speaker 2: Whatever?
Speaker 4: Never, oh, whatever, I've never heard that term before.
Speaker 2: Box social.
Speaker 4: Well, hey, it's the Disneyland Resort celebration. It's not a celebration without you. You can see all the sites, the laughter, the fun. Everyone is excited and KFI wants to give you a chance to win a family four pack of one day one park tickets to Disneyland Park or Disneyland California Adventure Park and join the limited time event. You keep listening to KFI for your chance to celebrate with us. Of course, offering subject to restrictions and change without notice, but we hope.
Speaker 2: That doesn't happen.
Speaker 1: Well, there is an article in the New York Times about going to the bathroom just.
Speaker 2: In case pro voiding. Yes.
Speaker 1: Arianna Smith is a professor of urology at the University of Pennsylvania Pearlman School of Medicine. I think of Ariana as like a young person's name, like a very young person's name.
Speaker 2: We have good friends who named their daughter Ariana, Yes, after the Princess Disney princess. Isn't one of the Disney princesses named Ariana?
Speaker 4: Isn't snow White Ariana Ariana Aril.
Speaker 2: Yes, he was also a little Mermaid. But I think Coriana is the name of it anyway. Uh, She says.
Speaker 1: An occasional just in case bathroom break won't do much harm, but doing it several times a day can increase the likelihood of bladder issues. You're disrupting the natural feedback loop between your bladder and your brain. So if your brain doesn't tell you you got a pee and you go pee, it's screwing up the relationship between your bladder and your brain. Early this morning, I was dreaming, and I was dreaming that I was peeing in the dream.
Speaker 2: That's never a good idea and I woke up and this is probably like two in the morning.
Speaker 1: I woke up and I was like, whoa, I was just dreaming I was peeing. And I was like, hey, dumb ass, it's probably a sign you got a pee on't you go pee?
Speaker 2: So I did? You got up though? Yeah, okay, yeah, well this is good, this is real.
Speaker 1: I feel like this, but like I was seriously worried for a moment there after I woke up.
Speaker 2: I peed the bed.
Speaker 1: After I was My problem is I was and I'm not drinking, you know what I mean. Like I was like, oh, man, have I approached the time in life where I've peed the bed completely sober? Because I dreamt I was peeing, Like that was a real.
Speaker 4: Concern mine are always if I do have what would they call it urgency whatever. If I feel like I got to pee in the middle of the night and I'm in that deep one of those deeper sleep cycles, yeah, I don't immediately get up.
Speaker 2: I have the dream that I can find the bathroom. Yeah, but you can't. But it's awful, right.
Speaker 4: Like it's there's like six inches worth of liquid on the floor, or it's dirty, or it's.
Speaker 1: Like there's somebody wild to me because you can pee anywhere, you don't need a toilet. No, I mean none of us really need a toilet. You need a toilet, but you really can just whip it out and go anywhere.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming, right.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but a gosh, there's such a fear there that exists, just why you know, right before I go to bed, always be you don't want to wake up with that.
Speaker 4: Dream of It's pretty common though, is it the idea of like, hey, just before I go to bed.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get whatever's left in there, get it out of it.
Speaker 1: But a lot of people they pass the bathroom, especially traveling. If you're traveling, you never know where you're going to see another pisser, right, Can.
Speaker 2: I say that? I don't anyway?
Speaker 1: You use it if you see one in the airport or whatever, if there's one in the restaurant, even if you have to go or not go, use it because it's there.
Speaker 4: Is that what your mom always told you? I don't care if you have to go or not go. Maybe, Yeah, I've never said that. I don't think I've ever said that, And I know I'm not a big.
Speaker 2: True you're gonna end up pissing the bed. No, I'm in fact, it's funny.
Speaker 4: Conway has been playing this promo for Conway about going if you go to the bathroom on the airplane, there's an urgency there.
Speaker 2: There's got to be, because those places are disgusting. I do not got and I will.
Speaker 4: I will plan fluids days ahead so that I do not have to use an airport bathroom.
Speaker 2: And I'm not trying. I mean, I'm flying.
Speaker 4: What's the most the longest flight I had back in September, I went to Nashville.
Speaker 2: That's what three hours? I can I will, I will hold it.
Speaker 1: Man. One of the fun things about working with the with the Chargers is sharing an airplane bathroom with a football team. A really peak dehydration is what you're aiming for.
Speaker 2: Uh okay, you're cutting weight like you're a high school rush.
Speaker 3: Good lord, you're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 4: Hey, great news, guys. The toxic algae bloom is gone. The toxic algae bloom I was killing animals. It was killing and sickening sea lions and dolphins and pelicans and whales, et cetera. Oh my, the san Pedro Marine Mammal Care Center says the recent samples of ocean water do not show any signs of that toxic demoic acid bloom, so that is good news.
Speaker 1: So Trump and Putin allegedly talked. Trump says that Putin told him very strongly in a phone call today that he will respond to Ukraine's weekend drone attack on Russian airfields. As this deadlock over the war drags on, Trump said in a social media post that his lengthy call with Putin was a good conversation, but not a conversation that will lead to immediate peace. This was following the whole two week proclamation that was made last week.
Speaker 2: If I'm not mistaken, yeah, I think you're right.
Speaker 1: More importantly, Justin Worsham.
Speaker 6: Who cares about all this real politics and acid blooms.
Speaker 4: Get out of his side note Curveball. Oh, his father's theyre going to be weird for us. Do you consider father's they weird?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh, because there's all three of us lost our dads. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I for me, I've chosen. I could I could tell sublimately because until you said that, I have purposely not like you know how like Freud says, there are no mistakes, right.
Speaker 2: I think I've purposely chose not to think about.
Speaker 6: It dad, So that's yeah, but it's yeah, it's it is different. And to add to it, my dad at the cabin community he lived in, they he found out that like forty some odd years ago they used to do this fishing tournament on Father's Day weekend for kids, and he thought that was a cool idea, Like he found old photos of it from like forever ago, and so he was like, I want to bring this back. So he purposely got on the ho a board started the saying my family would run it every year and they're naming it after him.
Speaker 2: Oh wow? Are they doing it on Father's Day?
Speaker 6: On father It's on Father's Day every year, and so on this Father's Day, I will be hosting a raffle that I used to co host with my dad, wearing a T shirt that says the Jesse Warship.
Speaker 2: Fishing God, you are going to be I'm going to be a mask. Can you imagine? I have got it? Just ugly cry like the winner.
Speaker 7: This is the court hoole boards take at number two six zero one nine three.
Speaker 2: That's two six zero one. Can I give you a bceetn't ask for yes. I don't know what's ever stopped you before. This is true, but at least I'm asking. I don't think that counts, but go for it.
Speaker 6: I mean, consider the time that you've given on solicited advice in these segments to me, sometimes hurtful.
Speaker 2: I just don't think.
Speaker 6: No, no, she did it. She did it, did Gary, she did it. Now she's got me begging for it. Now she's good, she's got me begging for the.
Speaker 1: I was just gonna say that to keep it together.
Speaker 2: Imagine your dad's there.
Speaker 4: I don't think my looking like the green ghost at the end of Return of the Jedi when you've got.
Speaker 2: But it's still living.
Speaker 1: He's still there. Like you wouldn't cry like that in front of your dad.
Speaker 6: Oh no, I would wrong. That's the advice and how it ends on the show. That's answer.
Speaker 4: There's a new survey that says a lot of kids believe that their dad is their top life mentor. Most for those who grew up with a dad, seventy percent said there was one of their greatest mentors in life.
Speaker 2: How could it not be?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: And I say the same thing for moms as well, how could your parents not be a top life mentor. You're raised in the house, you think this is the way some things are for some people have awful parents, Yes, but still mentor is not. I mean you're looking to your parents as an example of how to live good or bad.
Speaker 4: Well, there's I think maybe the difference would be top influence in your life versus mentor mentor I meet somebody that you'd want to Yeah.
Speaker 2: You're right.
Speaker 6: They also what I hear mentor is is also a person who gives you that life advice, like they guide you. And to me, this is I could only speak from my perspective, is that I believe my dad's secret power was this, Like he was the one of the This is going to sound so dumb and maybe I will cry and I'm sorry, But the most cliche, like the poetic thing he ever said to me was I was in Alabama and I was having a rough week doing stand up and I had called him to just kind of vent and he gave me this advice. He said, Listen, I've seen you do shows where if one little thing like isn't to your liking or doesn't go the way you think it will go. He said, you kind of just you lose it, like you kind of start to fall apart. He said, just go up there and have fun and that's all you need to do, and that's normal advice. And then he ended it was saying there is greatness in you don't get in its way.
Speaker 2: And I was like, Star Wars, right, he's got to be like Anakin Skywalker and I'm kind of like, yeah.
Speaker 5: But let me ask you.
Speaker 2: I mean, they very similar.
Speaker 4: They give some examples in this. In this survey cup On, one person said the most rogue thing my father has ever done for me was during Hurricane Harvey, trudged through the waters to come and get me. Another one said he stopped working. Never did any He stopped working and took care of me when I had a car act.
Speaker 2: Some of us are morning differently. My dad taught.
Speaker 1: Me about money and keeping it and being smart with it and if you don't know what you're doing, hire someone who knows what they're doing and save it and those and I think that that is one of the most valuable lessons because everybody needs it. I mean, I love the Star Wars stuff, and it's true, and everyone has greatness, not everyone. You have your own brand of greatness. I don't want to take away from your greatness. I think you look to dad's for that kind of like structure. You know, you can even throw in like a military vibe to it, of routine and structure that that is important for anybody to live their life.
Speaker 4: Expectation throw that word in there too. Yeah, I think not that moms don't have expectations, but that it might be received differently from the father.
Speaker 6: The thing, the thing that I'm most proud of so far in being a father is that both my kids both made this kind of comment about I made the joke about whenever they want something, they always go to their mother, and they both said, well, it's because you're more likely to say no. And then my older son said, well, yeah, like you talked to mom about stuff, but if you need like real life advice, you go to dad. And then my younger son was like yeah, yeah, yeah, And I almost cried right there. I was like, to me, that was like mission accomplished. That's I feel for me. I feel like I've always tried to be the father that my father was to me, and to be that mentor to be somebody that because my dad knew stuff. My dad had no performance background whatsoever, but gave me so much life advice. When I told him I wanted to be a performer. About money, he said, you're not going to know when your next paycheck is going to be, so your thing in life is going to be about minimizing your nut and keeping your expenses low so that you can be mobile and fluid. That's exactly what he told me when I was seventeen years old, and I said, I wanted to be an actor like that, and he was right to and a thing that he had no clue about what he was.
Speaker 1: Talking about, And what great advice other that he gave you, because it's much easier to say, get a real job.
Speaker 6: Exactly exactly, which was also, I think, kind of what I would have expected from him.
Speaker 2: But he was not. He was not like that. He also said this.
Speaker 6: I interviewed him on the podcast one time, and I was like more of a stay at home dad, and I often thought that he kind of thought that that was silly or looked down on it. And when I talked to him about it, he said, he goes no, Honestly, I envy it, he goes. I grew up in a time where as a husband, you were expected to just go or make money, like that was your job.
Speaker 2: He goes.
Speaker 6: You live at a time if you liked it or not, exactly that was what you did.
Speaker 2: He goes.
Speaker 6: You live in a time where you're as a couple you can decide what are your strengths, and as a couple, as a teen, you could decide who's going to be the best person to do this job. He goes, I would have loved to just been home with the kids, like with you and even my stepbrother and stepsister, Like, how was that a shock to you? It was very much a shock. It was.
Speaker 2: It was. It was a big time shock.
Speaker 6: And I'm sorry if I'm making this all about me, but I think it's in the same vein of what we're talking about in this survey is that even my grandfather, who did not graduate high school, barely finished middle school, was born in the Great Depression, and we were I did this Father's Day episode of the podcast where I was my grandfather, my dad, and me all talking about our experiences as Dad's and my grandfather, who was just this like stereotypical redneck character from Bonanza, like even went to high school.
Speaker 2: With ass from Bonanza.
Speaker 7: My grandfather Kelly, and so he you're so funny. So anyway, he said, he goes, I said, what do you think about parentsing today?
Speaker 6: And I just threw out just this lame question. And my grandfather again not educated anything. He goes, I don't know how people today can raise their kids. When I grew up, we were on a farm and I didn't know what my neighbors had or what they did, he goes. Every child is constantly hit with what somebody else has and constantly confronted with a life that they want that could be better than theirs. And he's like, I don't like he's breaking down media theory. Yeah, and he doesn't even have a high school diploma. Like, again, there's just this benefit that I think hopefully a lot of us And it seems like most of us get to have as these guys that are wise in our life beyond what you would expect them to be.
Speaker 2: And I don't know why that is. It's interesting part of its life experience. Sure you know.
Speaker 4: All right, why parents are asking kids to help plan trips. This is an awful idea.
Speaker 3: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on Demand from kfi Am six forty.
Speaker 4: Visit Anaheim commissioned to study, then asked about letting kids help plan vacation.
Speaker 6: I like it when I can predict you. Because I saw this and I was like, oh, this seems like fun. And then as soon as I thought that, in my head, I'm like, I bet Gary's.
Speaker 2: Gonna hate this. Gary's house.
Speaker 1: Kids are lucky they have air to breathe right before they are nineteen eighty day, And I love I would have been the same freaking way I would have treated my house like it was a prison.
Speaker 2: I think I am pretty much the same way too.
Speaker 6: But the I don't something about the vacation idea because and maybe it's because I'm I'm in the teenage quagmire where my kids aren't jerks when we go on vacation. But I just thought, I imagine this is born from the idea that when you take a teenager just.
Speaker 2: Like oh, I'm just sitting.
Speaker 6: There there on their phone, if you let them have a buy in or some kind of steak in it, then maybe see.
Speaker 1: Them like, this is your money, you're the one who works for it.
Speaker 4: They're lucky that they get to tell Well, I will say this in terms of in terms of planning of it.
Speaker 1: Even say, when you take us to the casino, I'm savvy enough.
Speaker 2: I'm savvy enough to know stay on the walkway.
Speaker 4: I'm going to plan where we go, right, but I'm going to do it in a way that i'm I'm I'm conscious of. There's got to be something for them to enjoy. For example, people who take kids to Vegas I think should be arrested and thrown in jail for multiple presidential terms.
Speaker 2: Like she just said, this is my.
Speaker 1: Parents would take us to Tahoe and my dad is again I would like to gamble, and my brother and I we would just go to the arcade, you know, but yes, stay on the walk.
Speaker 6: That's how that's how popular it was to take kids to casinos.
Speaker 2: It's like a gym.
Speaker 1: It didn't even occur to me as a child that I would ever have any say in any sort of vacation Like that's so ridiculous.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't take a kid also to Mexico, although I say that now, I took an eighteen month old on a cruise there, which is a huge city.
Speaker 2: Get a tattoo, No, but he got dysentery. Everyone. But if you go to a place.
Speaker 4: You got to have something for them to do, right, and even a cruise ship can be kind of a hit and miss thing because some of them have they all have it now, it's but.
Speaker 6: To support your point, a lot of them said things that they would like to do on their vacation to be like meet a celebrity.
Speaker 2: Which I was like, that's not.
Speaker 6: Like most of the were like, and then higher percentages were like they wanted to go to an amusement park or the beach, you know what I mean. Like, it seems like very stereotype. If my kid was to like my older son, if he was to pick whatever we were going to do, he would want to just basically do a restaurant tour of whatever city we were in. He would want to try if they had a Michelin Star restaurant, he would want to try it.
Speaker 2: That's insane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he should get a job, more jobs.
Speaker 2: Well, no, that's this one doesn't have a job. He's a junior. He's a junior going.
Speaker 4: Into so next year, two years from now, you're going to start talking about senior trip of some kind.
Speaker 2: Right, I don't know if you do that. I don't do that.
Speaker 6: I do not plan on providing a senior trip. Is this a failure to STDs.
Speaker 2: For your kids? Some people do that?
Speaker 4: No, No, not like get that at home in the South Padre Island. I mean like as a as a family, you guys would go to a place of his choosing. Oh, like we take a vacation because he graduated high school, which I mean is not a giant. It's not like he got a promotion to the C suite or anything.
Speaker 6: But to me, I feel like you did what you should have done like that. Yeah, I don't know, Maybe that makes me a jerk, but I remember.
Speaker 1: Extravagant college and my mom and dad, but I think was served by my mom paid for a trip for me to go to Hawaii with a girlfriend, and I remember being flabbergasted by that, like you're doing what like and that was graduating college, you know, twenty two years old if you were.
Speaker 6: Taking aback because it's like, wow, you're on.
Speaker 2: The trip, going, am I going to come home?
Speaker 6: And they're gonna go, great, here's all your stuff in the garage, there's a U haul.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean that happened too, but still, you know, it was really nice.
Speaker 2: As they drive As she drives, away there, just wife and there.
Speaker 1: I think it would be a fun exercise to ask your kids what they would do if they could plan their own vacation. That's a fun little dinner time exercise, but it's actually doing the thing that.
Speaker 2: They're not tethered to. Is reality worse?
Speaker 6: Yeah, like you gave him a ram of hope only so you could take it away from them.
Speaker 2: No children, before you go, why quick question?
Speaker 4: By the way, you said that your grandfather went to high school Dan Blocker, the guy who played Sanza Bonanza. Do you know how old he was when he died? Dan Blocker sixty two? Probably forty three? Who Dan Blocker was forty three when he died in the early seventies. I just in hit my mind that guy was in his sixties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I went on that show. When you said that, I thought, well, it had to be on the show. Hard forty three. Yeah, he lived a full life. He really did his thing good. We dedicate today's show to Dan Blocker. What did he eat? Everything? Clearly butter and steak. And he was a four pack of day smoker, probably because everybody was yeah the good old you lost.
Speaker 4: Weight, justin don't smoke? Oh all right, I did quit and you made it past forty three.
Speaker 6: Congrats to me. I'm gonna go on a trip and I'm gonna plan that sucker.
Speaker 4: Thank you as always, big, humongous twelve o'clock hours coming up on Gary.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 4: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio ap