Speaker 1: If you do have KCB talk station. Happy Tuesday to you return of Steve Gooden at bottom of the enread to give us some breakdown on the Supreme Court decision about the Venezuelan prisoners. But in the meantime, welcome back from the Taxpayer Protection Alliance, Dave Williams. Always good to have you on the phone, Dave, Welcome.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Brian, a belated happy Easter and hope you had a really nice, quiet Easter.
Speaker 1: I did, and at the end of my I had a week off last week, which mental health week off is kind of what I was calling it, because every once in a while you got to take some time to exhale, and so I was able to do that and really was enjoyable. Getting back into the gear of things has been a little challenging for me, though, Dave. It's like you need a vacation, a week of vacation to come off your week of vacation.
Speaker 3: So wait, did you go to Al Savador last week? No?
Speaker 1: I did, Yeah, trying to bring some gang members in El Salvador. Yeah, Sea Coat Prison. Anyhow, Now I stayed at home and slept and stared at the back of my eyelids, for the Lextra, like the time Dave I got the biggest kick because Joe Strecker does what we call the rundown and it shows me who's going to be on the program and also the topics that we will be discussing. Dave Williams at seven oh five, Congress utter disregard for fiscal responsibility. That's making making me laugh all morning, because you know, as long as I've been alive and I'll be sixty in September, Man, it's just been the order of business. They always disregard fiscal responsibility. But this is you're gonna have to break this down for my listeners and me because they're in the process of doing this reconciliation thing. So the Senate's got a version, their houses got a version. The Senate only is requiring four billion dollars in spending cuts. Is that four billions is the Congressional Budget Office does its budget and that's four billion over ten years.
Speaker 2: That's four billion over ten years. And that's not a cut, No, it's not. It's it's a flesh wound as money. Python would say. You know, this is something that is very problematic because reconciliation is key to getting back to tax cuts and extending the tax cuts. So they have to do this, They have to come up with some sort of agreement. And you're right, the Senate is talking about four billion dollars over ten years now. Listen, I was offended when I saw the House was only cutting one hundred and fifty billion a year. Wow, I mean compared to the Senate, this is this is incredible. But again, you know, so much more has to be done here.
Speaker 1: Okay, So as you right in in it's protecting taxpayers Dot Org folks, bookmarkt and pay attention with Dave and the team are doing over the taxpayer protection lines. But as you point out, it only requires four billion of minimum spending on the Senate side, in stark contrast to the House's one point five trillion requirement, which you know, if you just compare the two numbers, this is a substantial difference. But we e blow through about two trillion dollars more annually than they take in, am I right about that?
Speaker 2: There in lies the problem is that they're not even making a dent in the deficit. And let's not even talk about the debt, because the debt is going to continually increase over the next five, ten, fifteen, I mean until you know, as far down the road as we can see.
Speaker 3: And this is the time to do it, Brian.
Speaker 2: We have a Republican House, a Republican Senate, and obviously a Republican in the White House. This is the time to cut spending because we have no idea what twenty twenty six is going to look like for the House or the Senate. We may never see these conditions again. And you know, listen, I like Speaker Johnson. I think he's a decent guy. He's just not bold enough. Remember back to the days of nuke Gingrich and you know, we had such stronger Speakers of the House and I just don't see that with Mike Johnson. And again, he's a nice guy, and I think he's trying to do the right thing. But we need, you know, more leadership and then stronger leadership in the House and the Senate. Four billion dollars over ten years. That's embarrassing, that's absolutely embarrassing.
Speaker 1: It is embarrassing. So you know, what I really am always looking for is what is the explanation. I mean, the Republican Party always pays lip service to being the party of fiscal responsibility. It's in their platform. They talk about it. They complain about deficits, if they complain about outrageous spending, of course, thank god for doge. At least we're getting an eye full of all the crazy crap that we labor for every day and have that money removed from our paychecks and go off to like I don't know, Sesame Street programs in Iraq or whatever. But that's just tiny little bits and pieces. I know, mind the pennies and the dollars will mind themselves. But I mean, we've got trillions of additional dollars that are spent. And with all that and all that being said, what's the explanation from at least the Republican side of the Ledger in the Senate for why they were only willing to consider cutting four billion over ten years.
Speaker 2: So John fun who's the leader of the Senate right now, said, this is the best deal that they can get that they can that can pass the Senate.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is what the Republicans.
Speaker 2: Because the Republicans don't have the I can't say it on the air, but they don't have the intestinal fortitudevos exactly exactly, Well.
Speaker 1: Why not that.
Speaker 2: There's so many moderate Republicans that are afraid to cut spending because they think that it's going to hurt them in the polls. Now, this is the crazy part, Brian. I think that if they were bold, people would appreciate that. Look at the you mentioned DOGE. Look at the support that DOGE is getting. Look at what it's doing going through every milk and cranny of the budget and of these agencies and finding just disgusting examples of waste, fraud and abuse. And listen, this is something that Rand Paul has been doing for years. Yeah, now we actually hear about it on a daily basis, and now is the time to do this. And you know, we're potentially talking about trillions of dollars that could be cut from the federal government and.
Speaker 3: Nobody would notice.
Speaker 2: Like you said, you know, Sesame Street in Iraq, all these crazy research programs, No one will notice if these programs go bye bye.
Speaker 1: I'm just I mean, i feel like I'm getting rid of boil over with anger because when you see this on paper, as you have it on your Taxpayer Protection Lines web page. Yeah, I just want to start, you know, slapping these people across the face metaphorically speaking. You know, I'm not a man of violence, but you know, it's like, what in God's name are you thinking? Just as you point out, this is like the only opportunity you may ever have to stop us and save us from ourselves, and you are the ones that are supposed to be saving us from ourselves, and in fact you're the one that can't save You can't save yourself. You're addicted to the spending is it pet projects in Republican states that they're worried about losing? I mean what, I just don't get any There's no rationale behind letting this opportunity pass up that I can figure out.
Speaker 3: No, and the American public is ready for this.
Speaker 2: I mean, you looked at the election last year, you look at what's happening with doose is.
Speaker 3: That people are ready for this. They're ready for spending cuts.
Speaker 2: And you know, the last time we had this, it was called the Tea Party, right, and I think we have a bit of a resurgence of it. We're not calling it the tea Party anymore. But I think people are fed up with Washington.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: You have a lot of these agencies that are letting people go and the only people that are complaining about this are the people in the agencies. Yeah, and inside the Beltway. Everyone else is like so what so what if these people, you know, they have been doing nothing for years? You know a lot of these bureaucrafts. Now it has to be done in a way where you know, you don't fire everyone an agency.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know. That's a little tempting it is. Let me get back to you on that.
Speaker 1: But depends on.
Speaker 2: Massive savings because if if you get rid of someone who's making one hundred thousand dollars a year, that actually multiplies over years because of their benefits and uh and down the road. So I think again, they're missing this opportunity. And I'm just I'm as frustrated as you are, because now it's the time to do it.
Speaker 1: Well, does the Taxpayer Protection Lines reach out to individual senators and and and give them a tongue lashing or try to encourage them.
Speaker 2: On hundred percent, we are calling out the Republicans and we're saying, listen, this is the time to do it. And we you know, we are writing letters, we are going up and visiting with these offices, and we're getting a lot of pressure.
Speaker 3: And you know, people may not know this, but so we get a.
Speaker 2: Lot of pressure from Republicans to support the budget, to support these bills, and we refuse to. You look at the statement we made. It was a scathing statement, you know, against the Senate and now you know, looking at the House, what they're going to do. So you know, we're taking no prisoners here and listen, we want to support the Republicans because they say the right.
Speaker 3: Thing, but they don't do the right thing.
Speaker 1: That's it, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So no, we've been very.
Speaker 2: Active and very vocal on Capitol Hill trying to uh figure out what to do to have more spending cuts and really some more fiscal responsibility.
Speaker 1: It's frustrated, well, is this a call to action for my listeners? Disagreement their senators and we haven't even pivoted over to the Republican side, where it's only one point four trillion over ten years, that's not going to put really much of a dent in the in the in the fiscal reality of what's going on in the spending and the spending levels of Washington. I mean, both sides need to be get a tounne lashing.
Speaker 2: People should be calling their member of Congress, whether it's they're member of the House and a member of the Senate, they need to be calling because that's the only way this is going to change. And this is something now we've been talking for a number of years and I always say, see something, say something.
Speaker 3: You have to all your member of Congress.
Speaker 1: Well, let's get on that, folks. It's easy to do. Just get in touch with your elected officials Senate and Republicans. And I wouldn't mince my words, be quite candid with you. This is the only, maybe the only opportunity in our lifetime where we can actually bring some fiscal responsibility and stop well, well, it's like a death by a thousand cuts. Eventually we're not going to be able to afford what we've what what our credit card tab and we're already a trillion dollars annually in interest Dave.
Speaker 2: Well and Brian think about this is if we, you know, have this problem with China so much, well, this is even more of a reason to cut spending and not be beholden to China to prop up our deficites.
Speaker 1: Prop it up. Yeah, and that's the other compounding worry, because what if they quit buying our bonds.
Speaker 2: That's a whole other conversation that's not going to be pretty at all that Congress and the President will have to have. And that's why all these things are interconnected and it has to start.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Let's pause very day back about well, tax cuts. They're going to keep the tax cuts in place, and if so, how are we gonna pay for them? Seven sixteen fifty five kres of detok station Calling Electric get in touch with Cullen for all your electric needs. You still got that sale going on for the service upgrade at Culin because apparently it's gotten really expensive to do service upgrade thanks to code changes. Code changes, yeah, last year drove the cost of a service upgrade up. So right now you get to the end of the month to take advantage of this twenty percent off the total job costs, which can save you a lot of money. Power up your home sale from Colin Electric great savings on service upgrades and it's for above or below ground residential single family services four hundred amps or less and extends to breaker panel and main service upgrades, so it's a good amount of money off twenty percent. Take advantage of the savings while the sale is on but for any electric project around your home, it's calling Electric around since nineteen ninety nine a plus with a better business fere. I can vouch for the work that they do all day long because they've been in my house a whole bunch of times over the years. You get a ten year wiring warranty on literally everything they do from you, from the service upgrade to the tiniest installation like an outlet or something. So you can call them up and Tom Brian said high when you do. Andrew Cullen and his great team, they take great care of you. They're great with customer service, and the price is always right five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two Online Culling c U l E and Colin Electriccincinnati dot com.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five krc an iHeartRadio station, ZIP recruiter.
Speaker 1: H here's your Channa nine first warning weather forecast. Partly cloudy skies turning mostly sunny during the day. Seventy two is going to be the high overnight low of fifty with a few clouds. Seventy eight sunny skies Tomorrow, overnight low fifty with a few clouds tomorrow night, and then on Thursday, we're gonna go up to seventy nine degrees, mostly cloudy all day and just a slight chance a run forty eight. Right now, time for traffic update from the UCF Traffic Center. You see health.
Speaker 4: You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at you sehealth dot com. North Bend seventy one crews are working with an accident right hand side near Reading Road at traffic backing into the tunnel. It's also affecting traffic northbound for seventy one from Memorial North Beound seventy five. Break lights out of Arrobinger into the cut southbound slowed through Blacklin Chuck ingramon fifty five.
Speaker 1: Care see the talk station seven twenty fifty have KRCIT talk station find them online. Protecting Taxpayers dot org. It is Day Williams from the taxpayer Protection lines all right, pivoting over from the spineless Republicans in the House and Senate who refused to cut spending adequately enough to save us in the future of our country. Pivoting over to taxpayers and the taxes we pay. The Donald Trump tax cuts in Job Act of twenty seventeen's getting set to expire because the spineless idiots refused to ever enact something permanent. It's an opportunity to make these cuts permanent and everyone will benefit from this. Am I wrong, Dave Williams?
Speaker 2: So have you noticed, Brian, that whenever there's an increase in spending, that's permanent, right, that never expires. Whenever we cut taxes, there's always an expiration day. Tisnt I mean it should be the exact opposite. And listen, what happened in twenty seventeen was amazing because we saw the economy take off. We saw thousand dollars bonuses going out to people from corporations. And remember Nancy Pelissi mocked this thousand dollars bonuses and said, what's a thousand dollars for somebody?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean talk about out of touch?
Speaker 1: Yeah, said the woman with a twenty five thousand dollars refrigerator freezer during COVID eating twelve fourteen dollars a pint ice cream. That woman is so out of touch anyhow, whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so that's why we need to make these things permanent. These tax cuts permanent for individuals and businesses. Right now, if you're an individual in twenty seventeen, you got a tax cut. It made taxes a little bit simple. Listen, I'm not gonna lie to you and say taxes are simple. But it increased the standard deduction, so a lot of people didn't have to put all the itemized deductions in to get you know, the bigger tax cut for businesses, Oh my gosh. We went from a forty percent corporate tax rate to a twenty one percent corporate tax rate, and you had companies flooding back into the country. Remember oh nineties and two thousands, the inversions where companies would leave this country basically on paper, right is that Tim Horton's bought Burger King. There's a lot of different inversions that happened. Corporations left this country. They came back in twenty eighteen because of the tax code, and we saw unemployment go down. It really was I mean twenty eighteen and twenty nineteen to great years. Obviously twenty twenty was COVID, but it's the tax cuts have to be permanent for this economy to get going.
Speaker 1: Well, I couldn't agree with you more. And and if the tax if these tax cuts go away, I mean, everybody's going to get hit. I mean you keep hearing the Democrats scream about, you know, billionaire tax coaches, taxcoachs for millionaires, and then it's not I mean, everyone gets the benefit from this, including regular working stiffs that are out there on the lower end of the pay scale. They've benefit from this. But what about the the salt deduction? My understanding is because I saw the article written by Faith Gibluco over a Taxpayer Protection Alliance about the corporate salt, which she points out would be welcome. Is there a standard deduction that they did enjoy or should rather be subjected to that might benefit us or.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I think there's you know, we are not being hypocrites here because do you have salt, which is a state and local tax taxes, you get to deduct a certain amount that was capped at ten thousand dollars right twenty seven.
Speaker 1: Because all we were doing was subsidizing high rent or high taxation states like California, New York, and New Jersey exactly.
Speaker 2: So what they're trying to do for the personal salt is to raise it to one hundred thousand dollars, which is insane.
Speaker 3: Absolutely insane, would would bust the budget. Now.
Speaker 2: Corporations are looking for what they call sea salt, the corporate state and local tax deduction. And no, if you're not going to give it to individuals, you can't give it to business. It has the same effect. And listen, we want businesses to grow. We want to give them an opportunity to grow in this country. But this is not the right way to do it. And there are so many things in the tax code right now that are disincentivizing business, and we need for business to stay here. And listen, businesses employee people. I remember I remember Mitt Romney saying corporations are people, right, I mean, and he wasn't wrong though, I mean they employ you know, you look at these big tech companies that everyone hates, Well, they employ millions of people, They pay property taxes, they pay you know, I fight, could they pay all of these taxes that are actually helping the country.
Speaker 3: So we want, but it has to start with individuals.
Speaker 2: It has to start with the individual tax cuts and making sure that like you said, you know, these middle income folks that they can still enjoy these tax cuts.
Speaker 1: Well, cost of everything's going up, and of course every little bit counts, and I like to keep more money in my pocket, particularly right and.
Speaker 2: Brian, and Brian remember the IRS they want to prepare your.
Speaker 3: Taxes now with direct files.
Speaker 2: They they want to get all of your financial information and say, you know, don't worry about filling this out. We'll fill it out for you. We'll tell you how much you owe or how much of a refund. So this is what the IRS is. What they want to do is prepare your taxes, which you know, I'd rather have the guy down the street that knows nothing about taxes prepare my taxes in the irons. I would trust him a lot more than bureau right in DC.
Speaker 1: Amen to that, brother, Amen. They can't even keep their own house in order. How many SOUS security numbers are still active for dead people, just among all the other things that Doges figured out. Anyhow, Dave Oyams, appreciate what you do each and every day. I'll encourage my listeners again to book mark your site Protecting Taxpayers dot org and again call to arms, call your senator and your representative and scream at them and tell them to quit or cut back on spending. You can get our house in order or we're all going to collapse under the weight of our debt. Dave, keep up the great work. We'll talk again soon, I hope. Thanks.
Speaker 3: Brian, have a great day you.
Speaker 1: Too, coming up Steve Gooden about the Scotis decision and Venezuela and prisoners. First work's my friends at Plump type Plumbing, you deserve better, locally owned serving the entire Tri State area. They treat every call like a neighbor asking for help. That's what Plump Tight is all about. That's my go to plumbers, and they've helped me out on many occasions, including emergencies. I always joke about that raining chandelier issue I had. Of course, they enjoining aplus with a better business bureau. You trust them for ethical business practices, transparency and commitment to your satisfaction. You got a drain problem, plump type plumbing. You got a water pressure problem, plump type plumbing, sump pump maybe went out, Plump type plumbing, temperature fluctuation, pipe integrity. I mean, they do it all and they are the Tri States leader number one installer of tankless water heaters, which just gives you unlimited hot water. So that's a really neat thing, and they've been at this for a long long time. You know. Tankless water heaters last twenty plus years compared to like ten or fifteen years for traditional tanks. Got a lot more longevity out of that, but just a handful of the services they offer. But for all plumbing needs for your house, plumtight dot com is where you find them online. T TE plump tight dot com five one three seven two seven tight. That's five one three, seven two seven eighty four eighty three three fifty five k r C tariffs and your money.
Speaker 3: But we