Speaker 1: You're listening to Big for Society and I'm Jeremiah Byron. In this show, we go beyond the campfire stories to bring you first hand encounters from people who say they've seen something impossible. From backwoods trails and remote mountain haulers to quiet farms and crowded highways. The stories come from everywhere, and each one leaves us with more questions than answers. These are the voices of the people who've lived it. To settle in, because today you'll hear another account that just might change the way you see the woods forever. So stay with us, all right, Welcome back to another episode of the Big for Society podcast. We have the privilege of talking to a new friend today. His name is Filthy, and if you've seen the Instagram account Sasquatch, Underscore Reanimated, this is the individual that's in charge of that and who does all the artwork you're seeing on there. Is one of my favorites. A lot of really cool stuff on there, and we'll probably be talking talking about that later and a little bit of other info about Filthy today, so you know he he hangs out with individuals like you remember me talking to backwoods Bigfoot in episode six forty eight, and he's also research partners and bandmates with Chris from episode eight fifty one, both of those super Great Oregon episodes. I would recommend you check those out as well. But you know, we're going to be talking to Filthy about the things that he's experienced over the years. It's going to be a good chat. Welcome to the show, Filthy. How are you doing today?
Speaker 2: Man? Thanks Jeremiah. I'm good. I'm real good. How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm doing great. I just I always have a few interviews in the afternoon and getting ready for the summer to hit dudes, so cannot complain. And man, so let's what before we do? I want to make sure that we talk a little bit about Sasquatch Underscore Reanimated is really really cool stuff. So what's the story behind what you're doing over there?
Speaker 2: Well, at first, it just started out me just drawing some of the things that I experience out in the field, some things that I've experienced in life, and I started getting uh, I started posting it and then getting contacted by people telling as soon as I started posting it, I'm getting hit up by people like, hey, this is what happened to me, you know, telling me all about their own bigfoot encounters and their sasquatch encounters or whatever. So I started, you know, drawing other people's encounters and then I actually even like send them the original art and sign it and everything. For me, it's just fun. It gives me something to draw. I'm drawing all the time anyway, So it's also another way of giving back to that to the community where someone can have like an illustrated piece of art to remember their own encounter. They can show their family and friends. You know, it's not gonna be you know, an exact interpretation. It's gonna be my my artist rendition, but it's gonna be cool. You know, it's gonna be like something that they can hold on to for the rest of their lives. And for me, like I said, I'm willing to do it, and it's just it's just fun for me.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I've met a lot of really really cool people through the whole process too, people who you know, I've been you know, sharing notes with I've got people, I mean, I'm telling you, I've got people all over the world who are out in the field doing the same thing I'm doing, and it's really cool to hear these stories, you know, from Scotland, you know, and from Australia and Vermont and Oregon, and you know, I talk to people all over the place that are dealing with these things and I met them all through that through Sasqutch Reanimated.
Speaker 1: That's so cool, Filthy, what is your main medium that you're using to create this art?
Speaker 2: Colored pencils on black like card stock paper.
Speaker 1: That blows my mind because when I'm looking at this artwork, I'm like, I have no idea how he is doing this, but it is the coolest thing ever, and like just to know that it is like it's it's colored pencils and like something that I mean, I feel like anyone can use colored pencils, but to use them in a way to create art like this like that, that takes a special talent. So hats hats off to you man, thank you for sharing about that. So I'll have out of the link down in the show notes, so you know, listeners can definitely go over throw you follow check out your work. You'll definitely want to to keep up to date with with what Filthy is doing over there. But you know, so so filthy. Let's let's get into it. So, what was it that first introduced you to the world of Bigfoot? Was an experience you had, or maybe a TV show or.
Speaker 2: Well, for me, it was a long time ago, a couple of decades ago. It was an experience I had. But the thing is, I didn't know that just had anything to do with saft watch up until you know, two decades later. Almost I had no idea what I dealt with back in what the early two thousands. It was just so trippy and so out there at the time, I had no idea about any of the stuff I know now. So to me, I just wrote it off as like possible, paranormal or even possible. I thought I was having like a an insane trip. I didn't know what was going on. And it was years later that the puzzle started coming together. And it was in a funny way too. It was like, you know, I kind of forgot about it. I kind of just like put it in the back of my mind. And one day me and my wife were sitting in a living room and it was like during the time of like Finding Bigfoot was coming out and stuff. So you would see those commercials on TV all the time, the Finding Bigfoot commercials, and there was that one that was like Matt Moneymaker, He's like, I think there's a squatch in these woods. And me and my wife thought that was super hilarious at the time. Yeah, we were laughing. I guess I think there's a squatch in these woods. And it showed like, you know, the whole group of the guys in the woods that night, banging trees and screaming, and oh, I thought it was hilarious. So, you know, I didn't even watch it then. I just kept seeing the commercial though over and over, and one day I'm like, you know what, I don't watch this seeing what the hell this is all about. And then as I'm watching the show and hearing you know, encounters and people talking about you know, just tasquatch. Yeah, the puzzle pieces started coming together and it like hit me like a ton of bricks. Like So my first encounter, which I've already talked about on a couple other podcasts, best place to really hear like the full encounter super detailed would be on The Bigfoot Crossroads episode one sixty two. They destroyed our camp with Matt. That's where I got really super detailed about that encounter. If you want to hear it, I'll go over a little bit about it today, but I want to stick more to like the stuff that's going on in the recent years. But yeah, I started watching the show and as I'm watching it, people are starting to say things verbatim of what happened to me, and I'm like, holy crap, this is what this was, you know. And I'm like, I'm like, I went like making fun of the whole thing, and you know, laughing about it and running around the house like peeking around corners to my wife, you know, I think there's a squatch in here, you know, like totally making a freaking mockery of it to like, holy nikes, man, this is what happened to me. So first thing I heard was the scream. Someone had mentioned that they heard a scream, and when they said it sounded like a woman getting murdered in the woods with like a lion roar in the background at the same time. That's what really hit me. I was like, Wow, that's the first thing that happens and in our really terrifying night me and my friend years ago, was this scream that stopped us in our place and vibrated through our body. I've said in the past the only thing that could compare to that level of noise was when I was at a Motorhead show and I was standing literally like two feet from Lemmy's bass amp and he came on and started playing overkill and the sound of the bass amp mixed with the double kick drum, like that vibration is what I felt in that screen, like just like that just penetrating my whole body. So that was the first thing. Second thing someone mentioned the trees started shaking, exactly what happened. Next it was the screen and then it was like, you know, the tree shaking. Someone else on Finding Bigfoot said something about them pushing trees over, which is also something that happened. Someone was mentioning that they were camping and getting like pine cones and rocks thrown at them. That also happened. So yeah, I just started putting all these pieces together, and slowly over time was like it came to the realization of what actually happened to me years ago. And we actually did put eyes on the creature, but at the time it was on all fours, like we didn't know what that thing was. So, I, who's gonna think Bigfoot when you see this thing that looks like a eight foot spider on the ground, running at full speed on its like hands and bent all weird, you know, like it just looked like something out of a nightmare. So I didn't put I didn't put all that together. Then, you know, I hear something about it could have been on maybe maybe like an old Sasquatch Chronicles podcast where someone was talking about the spider crawl, and yeah, that's when I was like, holy crap, that's exactly what I saw, you know. So that's how I got introduced to.
Speaker 1: The whole things that yeah, incredible, Wow this happened. Did you say in New Jersey?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm okay? Was so was this in the pine bearings then?
Speaker 2: Or yes? Okay, So there's multiple pine barrens in New Jersey. There's multiple sections. You know, over the years, I've noticed on maps those sections getting smaller and smaller, with you know, everything in New Jersey being so built up. Every everything, there's always construction going on. There's always you know, complexes being built, and it's it's really sad because New Jersey is the small state and it used to be like heavily wooded. But you know, it's sad to see those woods going bye by as the years go on, I know it. But yeah, I mean there's multiple sections of pine barren areas in New Jersey and they're all kind of connected from like south to North Jersey. I mean, you could probably get through that whole area without being detected. Got it's got some pretty thick forested areas, especially towards West New Jersey, south west New Jersey, and I mean I'm talking like the thickest of thick you know, Appalachia style kind of forests. You know.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's it's some wild stuff. And New Jersey's come up a few times on the show, the areas where Filthy is talking about. But so we're that's where you started out, and we're gonna say, I'm going to have the description to Bigfoot Crossroads down in the description of the show the episode, So after this, if you want to hear a little bit more and hear the whole story, go over there. But we want to focus on there's some some some wild stuff you've been happening or you've been into the last few years, So feel free to we'll talk about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll talk a little about the New Jersey County, just like a little summary of what happened, so new people can that haven't heard it can just get a little understanding of what happened. So I was a kid. I ran away from home at a really really young age. I grew up in an abusive house. So I left, went to New York City, lived on the streets, was hiding from the law. I was ripping down posters of my face on the on buildings and walls because you know, I was on the missing person's list and I didn't want anyone to find me. And it ended up just being super stressful. So me and my a friend who also ran away, decided that we were going to go live in the woods. And I had some experience in the woods growing up. My dad lived in the Pine Barrens growing up, so I knew the I knew the Pine Barrens pretty well. I also had some books, one in particular, like the Sas Survival Book that I was super into bushcraft and all that kind of stuff. Was always fun for me when I was really young, learning like little stuff like that. So I had some experience. So either way, we ended up, you know, going out into the woods and making a camp pretty pretty far in, and we had a friend that lived kind of close by and we were able to like walk to his house sometimes in the shower if we wanted to, and get on AOL and chat with our friends and all that kind of stuff and eat all his food. Yeah, we ended up living in the woods and had these things start happening that we noticed but didn't have any idea what it was like. We had pine cones thrown at the tent and little pebbles tossed all the like. We'd always find him on top of our tent. We built like a perimeter fence around the camp just as a precaution. We didn't know what was out there. We heard walking bipedal walking, like literally walking in like a circle around our camp from like fifty yards out like all night, that swish noise like of leaves all night, just in a big circle around their tent, you know, stuff like that, whistles. We were out there for about a year and a half or so, a long time, and we were pretty obnoxious kids too. We were we were like street punks. We had like lots of loud music, going on big fires, breaking stuff, you know, so I'm sure whoever was living there wasn't too happy with us, just put it that way. So, yeah, it kind of accelerated as the longer we stayed there, things started getting weirder. We had no idea what was going on. We thought it was haunted. We thought so many different things, like maybe there's like a hermit living near us. We didn't know what was going on, but you know, we just dealt with it, and you're, you know, like a year or so later, one night, we were hanging out with our friends in New York City and having fun and he drops us off later that night and we're doing our same normal walk into the woods like we always did, and that's when we were stopped with that insane screen that, like I said, sounded like a woman getting murdered and like a t rex or like a lion. You know. It's got that crazy like double sound to it, the high pitched screen with like the the basy growl kind of sound as well, and both of us stopped in our tracks and kind of looked at each other like what was that. So we just started running, you know, toward our camp, and that scream happened a few more times. We heard walking, we heard tree shape. It was terrifying, and we finally were running full speed. We finally get to like this little opening to where we can walk into our camp, which was pretty hidden chucked away in like a thick, thick part of the woods. And we get to our camp and the whole camp is completely gone. There's trees piled on top of it, big trees that were pushed over like a lot too. I mean, it was destroyed. So we had we were like freaking out. We were like, holy s, what do we do? So we were like we ran out. We saw more tree shaking, we saw a giant root ball getting smacked between two trees, and dirt just flying everywhere, and it was just like this loud, insane, crackling, thumping noise. That's when we like dove into like this dug out ditch that was built by I believe, like dirt bikers or BMX kind of dudes. They had some like you know, an area back there where they would go and do that kind of stuff. So we literally dove into this like giant hole and we're just sitting in there like shaking, like terrified, hearing all this stuff around us and we peek out of the hole and we're looking around and one of us noticed is a figure that's standing in this dead oak tree far away. It was probably like, I don't know, seventy five yards or so. I don't know. I'm not great with that kind of stuff, but it's standing there. I thought it looked like someone like hanging on on like a branch of this tree. And I'm like, what is that? And both of us saw it drop down onto the ground where it kind of looked like that giant spider.
Speaker 1: My goodness, Filter you're still there.
Speaker 2: I don't know. That's weird.
Speaker 1: Hello, hey dude, Sorry, I don't know what happened there, Man, that was weird.
Speaker 2: I know. I don't know how long I was talking to myself for.
Speaker 1: It could have been a while. The last thing I heard was like you had just started to talk about how it it looked like a spider.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been Forbes.
Speaker 1: Weird stuff happens, like I don't know, man, there's a weird text stuff all the time on this jazz. I don't know what's going on. Yeah, So sorry about that. We're still.
Speaker 2: Okay cool. Yeah, So so we're back to the spider crawl Okay, So this thing whatever it was, dropped out of the tree, got to the ground, like hit the ground on all fours like a spider, and was running around us. But it was doing like a weird kind of laugh, like a mix between like a hyena and like a howler monkey, like coming through a speaker. It was very bizarre, not natural kind of sound. So we're in this hole that we found, this dugout hole from these dart bikers, and we're shaking, we're pissing ourselves, we're freaking out. We don't know what's going on. One thing I left out was my uh my buddy was getting messages in his head. I don't think I've ever mentioned that. I might have, I don't know. He was getting messages in his head to leave now. I could kill you. All this weird stuff, and I was just like, what the hell is going on? This is why I thought we were like tripping on acid or something. For years, I was like, I don't know, someone slipped us something like. It just felt so bizarre because when you grew up in New Jersey and New York City, you don't hear about any of this kind of stuff. You don't you don't know that this stuff is so close to home, like you don't just you just don't picture it happening. Just sounds like rubbish in my opinion, like back then, you know, like but yeah, all this stuff is happening. The thing's running around us, kicking sand, kicking dirt rocks, whatever, and we're just like freaking out in this hole. Another thing I never mentioned was there was like a weird chunk of time just missing. I don't know, I don't know why. It's just like the sun just started coming up. It was just so weird how trauma just affects you. I don't know if it was that. But then once the sun came up, we were just we looked out of that hole that we were in and I thought it was a good time to make a run for it, and we just started running. And as we're running out, we're getting paralleled by something. And we crossed this road into another section of woods goes down into this ravine area, and we hear this car that was coming down the road just screech and skid and go off the road into like trees and bushes. I don't know if that was related to the creatures that were chasing us. But we didn't stick around to find out. We just kept going and we found some railroad tracks and we just followed them out and we did not stop moving our feet for about eighteen to twenty miles. We were just going. We were just gone. We wanted nothing to do with that. We left all our stuff. We never went back for it. It's probably still sitting there today under a pile of lumber. So yeah, that was That was the summary of that encounter that got me into this whole subject. It was horrifying, to be honest, like, and like I said, I had no idea what it was. Like, what what are you gonna think when you see an eight foot Harry spider that's laughing? Like what? Like makes no sense.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised you're still in the subject after that. I mean, I know most people would would just not even run away physically, they'd run away mentally from that and never have anything to do with Bigfoot again. I mean, that would just destroy him.
Speaker 2: Dude. Yeah, well, I didn't know what it was up like until years later, so I didn't know. But you know, when I did come to that realization, one thing that I that really hit hard was the fact that they never hurt us ever. They never threw a rock at our head. They never did any of that. They could have knocked trees down on top of us while we were sleeping and just ended us quickly. No one would have ever found us. You know, they never did any of that. It's a level of advanced thought, and I've used that to get over my fear of the woods, because I was terrified of the woods for years. After that. I mean, I went down a road of self destruction after that. I was just I didn't know what to think I was. I ended up getting addicted to drugs and I was having freaking sleep issues, Like I would be up for days, I couldn't sleep. Whenever I did sleep, I would have like sleep paralysis and like see these like I would see like these, you know, figures like on the end of my bed, like walking toward me and like choking me while I was like having this sleep paralysis, Like I was going through some crazy trauma. I was having issues for years. You know. I ended up getting clean and you know, getting my life together eventually, but I went through a really, really, really rough period where I was seeing the darkest of dark sides of this this world. And it was. It was no fun. But that's all in the past. Years later I found out what actually happened through watching these shows and listening to podcasts and stuff and then doing my own research, and I lost. I lost the fear. I just don't have the fear anymore of them. I kind of, you know, came to the realization that I was in I was the invader in that situation, and they were just scaring me out. They didn't they didn't wan anything to do with us. We did not belong. So you know, I find that so fascinating, you know, because any other animal would have freaking killed us. You know, if you're in, if you're if you're around like a black bear or a grizzly, a brown bear, grizzly bear, wolves, any kind of creature that has young nearby, you're going to die or you're not going to want to live after you're done to dealing with that. But these guys aren't like that. They'll just scare you out. You know. It takes a lot for the to really physically harm someone, in my opinion, so yeah, it definitely helped years later in my in the field work, I do. Having no fear of them really really helps, and I'll listen to the signs I have been told not to keep going in certain directions, and I will listen to it every time. You just have to be smart, you know. When I'm out there, I kind of it kind of have more of like a Tom Cantrell kind of approach. Rest in peace, Tom, Yeah, exactly, amazing person right there. Someone God, I mean, I've I don't. I've learned so much from Tom. It's it's like the way he approaches the whole situation makes the most sense to me. And once once I heard Tom tell his stories, it was like a game changer for me. And that's when I started really getting the footage. I mean, I'm talking. I have endless, endless pictures of young ones, little ones, infants, full grown I have, I mean, I am They are constantly around me out here. And one thing I was saying before, when I was talking to myself, I was asking you if you got many reports from southern California. It's not really in my opinion, hotspot, Like whenever I listen to podcast or watch anything, I never see anyone from this far down south on the West coast.
Speaker 1: So when you say southern California. What areas would you be looking into them?
Speaker 2: The eastern Mountains of southern California.
Speaker 1: Okay, like San Bernardino, stuff like that.
Speaker 2: And San Bernardino Cleveland National Forest. I know there's more insane. There's there's quite a few reports in San Bernardino area and Big Bear and I and I've even gotten plenty of very very detailed photos of sasquatch in those areas. So I go there all the time. Oh okay, well I'm living It's even a couple hours south of there. I'm like twenty I am like twenty five minutes from the Tijuana border.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness. Okay, So going off of so, I have like a sighting map where and it's still in progress. It's still got to go through all the episodes. But there's over a thousand pins on there of people I've talked to you so far. It's big for Society podcast dot com. So a lot of my witnesses in that area are going to be from places like Lake Arrowhead, Crestline. Let's see what else we've got a little bit in like the Joshua Tree, Yucca Valley area, but nothing really, I think I have one pin I actually have one pin down in the Tijuana River Valley from ten thirty nine. But that's more of like animals removed from enclosures, large footprints, so like some type B type things, not so much like a type A visual. But yeah, that's the one pin I have documented down by Tijuana in your area.
Speaker 2: And that surprises me. Well not really, so I'll tell you why it surprises me and why it doesn't. Okay, So where I am here down here, I have and I've been all over. I have been all up and down the West coast from VC Vancouver area all the way down here. I've been all up and down the East coast in areas, and I have never ever seen a more concentrated area as I'm dealing with where I live. And I think why. It's because places like Oregon and Washington State it's just vast. I mean, the trees are endless. I've been out to Mountain Hood. I've been out. I mean, you can be driving for two hours in any direction and you're gonna see nothing but trees. I mean, it is just so spread out. They have so much room out there just to do whatever they want. Out Here, it's a little different. There's more canyon lands. It's more desert y. It's lots of really really big canyons, and you know you're gonna get like lots of like stage brush, and even like some of the forests out here, like you'll see like signs like you're in whatever national forest and you're looking around, You're like, where are all the trees? I don't say, like this is not a forest. This is like like bushes, you know. And so the places out here that do actually have forests and trees are loaded with families of sasquatch that are it's an active breeding area. Like I said, I have pictures of infants, pictures of little ones on their parents' shoulders hanging on, and pictures of little ones in trees like thirty forty feet up. But they have such crazy abilities to hide, and I have been uncovering all kinds of really cool stuff out here with that, and I feel like that is a big part of the reason why they have been able to avoid detection out here. They are, I mean, so there's a few things that like really like rang the alarm bell for me like that with their camouflaging abilities. I have a photo of I was going through my pictures and it's it's just like crazy, I have this photo and I feel like I've got I took as that shutter hit. I feel like I caught a sasquatch that was just going into I don't know. I hate using that word cloak, but there's no other word to describe it. Really. Yeah, And you can see his head, you can see the side of his face, and you can see his shoulder, and then literally it just starts disappearing as you go down and it's like all of a sudden, it turns like almost like opaque or see through translucent, and you could still see the hair texture, almost some of the muscular features, and then it just goes to nothing. It just disappears as you get toward the legs, and it's that just blew my mind. It's like the way they they're able to use the environment to hide out here is mind blowing to me, because even the trees out here, I mean, even our forests in southern California aren't like the thickest forest. I mean, it's it's they have they have to they have to be able to have insane abilities to hide out here, and I've seen it. The way they use like the way they can like bend light. I don't know if they're bending light or whatever, but the way they use light and shadows to hide is just mind blowing to me. I've got so many photos of them just doing the most incredible things, holding just like holding sticks up like in front of their features, or like using like their arms to like cover each other's faces. I'll see, I'll see some of these photos I have of them where they're completely like grouped up in like a ball, and you'll see like six of them just like in a shadow under a tree. One will be on its belly, one of them will be like you know, grasping that one's neck, and then another one will be like laid across that one, and they just hide, they like pile it up on each other. And then just like one will be holding like a stick with some branches in front of them. And it's just so cool watch like seeing how they hide from me. And I know that like sometimes I am so close to these things, like I mean within feet of them. It's just amazing out here. It's I've been finding so much cool stuff footprints over by there's like a little, uh like a little lake. I think it's like probably the most fresh water in that area. And I'll see like very deep impressions in like the uh, I don't know what kind of grass like, I don't know if it's sawgrass or some sort of like long grass. It could even be cattails or something, you know, like just the grass from the cattails. You'll see it just like really pushed in indented in. They're definitely coming around that to drink at night. I believe I kind of do like I have like a very Tom Cantrell kind of approach to doing what I do now. I used to go trekking deep in and like see how far I can get off trail and go hunting them down. I don't do that anymore. I literally I'll grab my my notebook, a bunch of color pencils, and I'll just bring a chair and I'll just go in, you know, set up where I think they are or where I've seen them in my pictures before. I'll just set up and I'll just chill. I'll have you know, my pad, I'll just be drawing, taking some pictures, you know whatever, just chilling, and that's when they start coming to it, like around me to check me out. I also have been doing quite a bit of gifting to them in this in in all these areas in southern California, and they've taken damn near everything I've left, and I've been trying to come up with all kinds of different things to leave them. We leave them shark teeth, we leave them crystals, geodes, toys, because I know there's a lot of young ones. I leave these like glow in the dark, like balls, light up things like you name it. Like my son gets like National Geographic magazine, so he always takes the little they all come with, like I don't know, like a half a dozen little like Matt Geo cards, and each card has like a different animal on it. My son left one that had a silverback gorilla and one that had a chimpanzee in a tree, and they took those two. And we're leaving them. Yeah, we're leaving them in places that no one goes to. I mean, I make sure that whenever I have an area that I'm doing any kind of gifting, it's gonna be pretty well hidden. In fact, even like some of the pictures that I'll bring, I'll even put them under under some pine some pine boughs, some leaves, whatever kind of foliage. I'll tuck it under. They know they're watching you all the time. They know what you're doing, they know what you're leaving. I believe they could probably even read our minds, if that doesn't sound too crazy. I know a few people have that theory, but I think they can. But yeah, they take everything they looked, they took. They I bought them this giant glass ball and it had planets on the inside. It was like this like really cool glass ball and when you like hold it up to the sun inside the glass ball, there's like you can see Saturn and you know, a few different planets. It was really cool looking. But I hid that and they took that. It's it's just fascinating. I've I've even so I'll find them in my pictures and I will actually draw them in my picture, like exactly the scene that was in my pick. I'll draw it and laminate it and then I leave it for them. I'll bury it under some pine boughs and they take it. It's pretty funny cool, it's pretty cool. Yeah, I don't think anyone else is taking it, because I mean, I'm hiding it pretty well. And usually I'll leave like some bananas, they love bananas. I leave avocados. They love those apples of course, the classic favorite. Yeah, they take it all. I've left them watermelons full, watermelons, gone, completely gone, Like I'll leave it there for a couple of days and I'll go back and check. Never any scraps or anything. There's no That's that's the fascinating part. Like if it's any other animal, they're gonna eat whatever they eat right there, then they're gonna move on. That's not the case. It's gone.
Speaker 1: So this is this is all down down there in you know, south south California. Southwest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so where where I am. So there's a road that goes up the mountain and on the west side of the road is where I go. That's like my main area where I kind of have the most success interacting with them. That's on the west side of the road, and the east side that's gonna be the Pacific Crest Trail, the bottom the very damn near the very beginning of the Pacific Crest Trail. So if anyone's ever been on the whole Pacific Crest Trail, you know this area. It's it's it's amazing because they have a they have a highway basically to get them all the way up and down the west coast, and they're coming all the way down here. It's it's insane. I've even seen evidence of them in the winter coming down into the valleys of like on the Brago. Usually in the summer it gets a little too hot for them down there, I believe, and they come up the mountain. So spring summer and winter or spring summer, sorry, spring summer and fall, they're usually like all the way up on top of the mountain. There's lots of evidence. And then during winter when it snows up there, I feel like they start heading down the mountain to work. It's a little warmer, it gets pretty freaking cold up on that mountain. It's almost a bit I think it's about seven thousand feet elevation where I'm at. It gets up to about eight in some areas, but yeah, it's around six seven hundred to seven thousand feet elevation on top of the mountain pretty much.
Speaker 1: That's perfect, man, that's like, yeah, that's excellent condition. That's the elevation that you're gonna have stuff happen. I mean, I learned that out in the Cascades where I was, they're not quite that high, but I mean I was like in five thousand and six thousand area. This is a wild, wild area. So these I wanted to also point out the photos that you've been talking about. Those are also on the Sasquatch Underscore animated, so you're putting them up there.
Speaker 2: Everything anything I find I post, and including stuff from Nick, stuff from Chris, stuff from some of my other friends around the world. Yeah, I'm constantly posting everything I find. And it's that's why I don't I try not to call myself like a researcher or something, you know, I just I just I'm interested in it. I know other people are. I don't care whether anyone thinks they're real or whatever. I don't care. I know they're real. I'm not trying to prove anything. I'm not on like a mission. All I'm doing is sharing my observations and that is it. And uh, yeah, I've got some insane stuff. If you really take the time to look through these pictures, you will see some incredible things on my page that no one else has. And not trying to brag or anything, but there is some stuff that I have that I don't think has ever been documented before that I have just about a month ago. It was actually, wow, it was a few months ago. It was like right before Thanksgiving. Okay, I'm out there and I did like three days that week out there and the most I mean, I don't know. It's it's so funny because it was right before Thanksgiving, right and I'm taking pictures, I'm taking videos. I'm out there, I'm drawing and hanging out and in one of my pictures is a sasquatch with a whole small turkey, wild turkey in its mouth and it's chewing it. You can see the legs coming out of the mouth, the feathers, the feet like those those big like those big turkey feet. It was it was munching on this this turkey like it was like a drumstick. I mean, it was just going ham on that thing. And then you could see his cheek. You could see everything so detailed, and I don't think that's ever been captured before, like one actually eating. I've got another one of one holding an infant with its one arm almost like they were to me, it looked like they were out there playing or whatever. And got wind of me coming, so they all kind of went into the the trees to hide, and I guess they like went and grabbed the infant with their one arm. It was cradled in their arm, the head in the hand, and they were pulling it into the bushes. And I got the picture of the hand, the big arm hanging out with the freaking infant just laying on his back, like just chilling. I mean, it's just like incredible, the like the some of the footage I get out here in this area. I've got another one of a small one on the shoulder of I think I think it's its father. It looks it looks like a male, and he's just chilling on the shoulder. He's so young, he doesn't even have all his hair yet. I mean, he looks like it. He looks almost like a It almost looks like a mix between like a gray alien and a sasquatch. It was kind of creepy looking. And I've gotten even to the point where I'm photographing multiple the same individual multiple times. I'm starting to recognize the same individuals from older pictures in my recent pictures. There's one I've even named a couple of them. There's one out there. I named him Charlie. And you're gonna laugh at why because this one, literally his face looks like Charles Manson. It's creepy. He's got he looks like Charles Manson like and he's he's constantly like creeping on me. I've got a few different picks. I've got one of him on his belly. He's belly crawling and he's got his hand up like almost like in like a monster movie or something like you'd see like a monster with his hand up like he's got about to grab you. Like I got this picture of who I named Charlie. He's on his belly and he's got his hand up like he's like about to He's not, he's just hiding. But you can see his fingers. You can see the details of his beard, I mean, and it's it's so cool. There's another one that's out there that I keep getting photos of, like he has he has a very unique shaped face. He's got like a very long face. I believe he's probably younger. He's probably like a teenager because he's only about I don't know, six six and a half feet tall, and he's got a very long face, like a longer nose and no hair on the face. And I've I've got multiple pictures of that guy. Yeah, I'm just starting to recognize him or even like a young one. So a couple of years ago, I got this picture of a little one on its on its I don't know if it's its parent, but probably one of its parents shoulders or hanging on its arm or something. Years later later, I'm looking at this picture I got of this one that was literally just walking in broad daylight from one bush to another bush. I caught him, and it's it's the same photo. It's it's it's the same face as the one that I got a couple of years earlier of hanging on his uh on his parents shoulder. And now he's like six feet tall and walking through the bushes like and I recognize the face, like he has this little round, boldest nose. It was just so cool, Like I'm starting to really like recognize these guys, and like they're coming around me. They know when I come, I always wear the same thing. I do this, you know, I I talk to them the whole time I'm out there. As soon as I get out there, I start talking to them. I know it sounds crazy, but I do. I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they understand me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I don't know if they understand me, but some somehow I think they can. And I just talk to them like they're people. I thank them for letting me come to their home. I tell them how beautiful it is there, and I respect their home. If I see garbage anywhere, I pick it up and put it in a bag and I take it with me and throw it out like they know I have. I have respect for them and where they live. And I'm not I even tell them. I'm like, yeah, I get pictures of you guys, but you know, I'm not out here to I'm just out here to hang out. You know, I'm just out here to hang out with you. And if you guys want to talk to me or come near me, or you know, show yourselves to me, I'm open. I'm not afraid of you, right, I'm not. I'm not. I don't. I mean, you do zero harm. I haven't eaten meat in thirteen years or dairy. I'm also vegan. Like I'm like, I tell them this, I'm like, I don't eat animals. I don't you know. I do my own beach cleans too, like I have. You know, I used to do them like once a month that I live right on the beach. I do. I like host beach cleans with my friends and get like ten guys out there and gals and we like have buckets and we clean hundreds and hundreds of pounds of trash off the beach. I tell them about this stuff. I just talked to them, and I feel like it's kind of helping me because I've gotten a couple good views of them, face to face views of them since I started doing that, and it's and it's absolutely incredible. There was one about probably a year ago or so. I was walking and I saw something in my peripheral on the side, on the right side, and it was probably about fifty yards up this the it kind of goes up pretty steep and it's just all trees and giant boulders, and I kind of saw something follow me and I look and I see this guy. He's like probably only five and a half feet tall. He knew he got caught, he knew I caught him, and he it was so funny. He literally saw me and then he goes he looks and he sees this rock, this big giant boulder that had shadows on it from the trees, and he literally just went up to it and laid on his belly over the rock in the shadow and just stayed there and stopped. And I was watching the whole thing, and I was laughing. I even said, I see you. You know, I'm like talking to this dude, like, I see you. You don't have to hide from me. I'm not gonna hurt you. And you just stayed there. And I just saw his butt and his in the back of his legs just bent over this, uh, this rock. I've got pictures of that too. You can see his fur or enough fur hair. You can see his like you can see the hair texture. You can see how his like shoulders up and his arms up from him like bent over this rock. And he was just he thought he was so clever. He was just he knew he was like he's like, I just got caught exactly.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, there, Filthy. There is one thing that you said earlier that I really wanted to talk to you about and get your thoughts on. Yeah, because it's something that I've experienced as well. I also what I'm doing right now is very similar to what you're doing. And I think it's kind of based on on what I learned from Tom Cantreill as well. But what I have found is, so let's say I'm in an area, it's an active area, and I'm in just sitting in a chair, hanging out. The activity really doesn't start until let's say I have some some kind of thing with me, either a book or a phone, or or as you said, you're drawing. And once I start messing around with that, and my attention goes to that, like you're drying, or you're on your phone, or you're playing like a game boy or something, or reading a book, that's when the activity. Have you noticed that or maybe that's just something that's happened to me in Iowa?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's I think you when you do that, you like totally let your guard down, right, You're not you're just like totally chilling. You're focused. They see that you're focused on something, so I feel like they kind of take that take advantage of that. They're like, Okay, he's looking at that thing, whatever that is. Now we can sneak up on him, you know, let's see what he's doing, you know.
Speaker 1: Good point.
Speaker 2: I feel like once we take our focus off what's around us and we're kind of just chill and we're drawing or we're reading or whatever, that's when they're like, oh, let's go in. We have we have we have you know, we can sneak up behind him and he won't even know, you.
Speaker 1: Know, oh absolutely. I think. I think what I'll try next time is even instead of having my phone with me, maybe I'll have some non electronics thing like you're doing and see if maybe that even you.
Speaker 2: Know, yep, the phone off and just put it in my bag. Yeah, that's what I do. I mean, I don't get reception up there anyway, so my phone is useless besides the camera. Yeah, I just turned the phone off and just you know, throw it at my bag. Just chill. And like I said, I don't think they're out there to hurt anyone. I think they're just very curious and possibly even looking for people that they can you know, trust to. I don't know if they I'm hoping one day I'm able to you know, actually have some cool interactions like back and forth interactions with them. You never know, not all of us are as lucky as you know, how Tom Cantrell was with ake Nisha or whatever, his teacher who he was able to talk with constantly and all that that says so amazing to me. It's it's just mind. It's the relationship they had. Yeah, I even say his name too when I'm out there. I'm like, I've even asked them, like, do you guys know Akenesia? You know, like I don't know if they all know each other, Like I talk to them, you know, it's all I do. And I think it's just super non threatening. I don't have guns on me, I don't have crossbows or you know, compound bows on me. I'm not a hunter. I'm not threatening. I'm not fishing. I'm not taking away from their land. I feel like that's where you can get into some trouble, you know, when you're coming into to fish, when they're like trying to trying to eat. You know, they're like, you know, we can't come out now. Now, we can't eat because you have to sit there and fish all day, and you're gonna fish, and you're gonna steal all the fish out of here that we could be eating. You know. It's it's rude if you think about it. To us, it's not because we're just going into the woods and fishing, But to them, we're coming into their home and taking food out of their refrigerator. You know, it's pretty freaking rude. Yeah, I would be pissed too. And you know, like hunters too, like they get they get there. They usually get the nuts on nice ends. You know, when when one of these guys comes walking through and see the guy in the tree with a gun, it's hard not to react to that. If I saw some guy and like living them with a gun, I would lose my I would lose it. So it's the same thing. You just got to really think about respecting their home. That's all you have to do. Just respect their home. Talk to them and they'll tell you. They really will tell you when it's not cool. In fact, it was no more than a few months ago, probably like four or five months ago. I was having a rough day. Me and my wife had an argument. I was not in a great place mentally, and the only place that makes me feel calm, well, one of the best places for me to feel calm is up there. So I took a drive up there, and I'm telling you. I was there for like ten minutes. I got ten minutes in on this hike into the woods, and they did not want me there. They told me to leave, and I felt it so hard. I was like, I gotta go. They do not want me here. I first, I came with nothing. I didn't bring anything for them. I usually bring stuff for them, like a whole bag I bring. I don't know if you know those big Trader Joe's, like those like cooler bags that they have, but I packed those things full. I packed them full usually and just drop stuff all over, you know, Like I have a few different spots where I go and just drop, you know, I'll drop like apples at want spot, pairs at another spot, some bananas way up in a tree in another spot. You know. This day I came with nothing. I came with a really negative mindset. I was just a ball of negative energy pretty much that day. It was just like and they did not like it. And they knew that. I'm telling you. I got stopped in my tracks, like I got stuck. I couldn't walk. It's like I hit a wall. And it was like, go turn around and leave, Just go, we don't want you here. Just walk the boat and I left. I drove, I drove almost an hour, stayed for ten minutes, and just left. I just drove back home. I was like, all right, I get it. I'm sorry, and I apologized and I left. Yeah, And I've gotten stopped a couple times there. There was another time I was checking out this area that I was always kind of afraid to check out for some reason. I just got weird vibes around there. And one day I'm like, you know what, I'm going to go in and check that out. And I'm like trekking into there, feeling really really uneasy. And again I got probably like fifty yards into this area and I got stopped again, and I just got this feeling of like just leave now, go back home. Turn around, and I'm like, why am I getting that? Like what is going on? I'm looking around and then I hear something behind me and I look behind me. No wind that day, right, there's no wind. The trees movement moving, and I see this little pine sapling shaking like something just walked right over it. And the thing was shaking back and forth like left to right, and it was the only thing moving in my vision. So something had just run right past there, and I was like, you know what, I'm out. I left. I just had to. I was like, no, no, no, no, I think I'm getting too close to something. Which is why I like this new approach. I have a lot better because I'm not going to risk going into areas where they don't want me. And I just don't want I don't want that, you know, I don't. I don't want to upset them. I don't want to. I don't want to piss them off. I want to have a good standing with them. So this way they come to me, I'm not doing anything. They're coming to me at this point, you know. So I just kind of changed it in that that little tweak just did a lot of good for my observations. I'm not I'm not gonna be trekking in anymore like I used to. It's just a lot I'm I'm over that. Uh, I'm over it. I'm just gonna go and find a good spot and chill. I feel like it's the best approach. They all know when you're there, they know you're coming, they know when you're there. They all they have eyes on you. I mean, anytime you're gonna be out in the wilderness area. I feel like you're gonna you're gonna have some eyes on you from these guys. I agree.
Speaker 1: Uh, man, there's if if you there are a lot of really good things listeners can take away from what you're doing. And then if they combine that with listening to a Tom Cantrell interview, I mean, they're going to be in a good place to try something a lot different than as you were saying, you know, trekking into the woods and being invasive like that. You know, really it's it's what I do. Just kind of chill out and uh and see what happens. And man, it's it's it's such a cool thing when you start looking at it from from that viewpoint. But filthy, man, you are doing some really cool stuff out there, and we don't hear a lot about southern California, so it's it's good to hear that you're doing stuff down there. But man, thank you for for hanging out and for for sharing what your experiences have been. And I'm sure there's way more going on as well.
Speaker 2: I can go on and on and on. I mean, there is so much things that we've uncovered real quick. If you, if you'll let me there's another thing I really wanted to share with you that I that I thought was super super fascinating. One of my other friends who I've met through Sasquatch Reanimated is a researcher from out on the east, the north east in Vermont, and we uncovered something super cool. So she was she was finding loads and loads of tree structures where she was and glyphs on the ground. And one day she sends me this picture of this crazy glyph of sticks and rocks, and I'm looking at it and I'm just like, ah, what is it? It's what's it mean? And We're going back and forth and I'm like, you know, what, do you know exactly where you took that that picture of that glyph? And she's like, yeah, yeah, exactly all right. So I had her Google maps and image of that area from above, and what that glyph was was a primitive map of the area. The glyph showed the two roads that came in and met like a V almost and veered off, and in the middle of that v there was two clear cut areas. There was a small clear cut area and a large clear cut area. There was a small rock and a large rock in the same exact area as those clearcuts in the middle of the V of sticks on the ground, and there was also at the bottom of the V there was another road that came and met up with the one on the right side, and there was a stick right there too. It was literally an exact image of the map of the roads up from the Google Earth. So we uncovered something so cool. It's something you know, it's not I think it's just a piece of a small, small piece of the puzzle. But some of these glyphs are literally primitive maps. It's unreal. It's so cool how intelligent something is to literally make that as a as a marker, like, okay, that's there. Okay, now we know that that clear cut area there, there's another one there. Maybe at night we can come in and, you know, do some hunting. You know, there's gonna be like deer grazing in there. You know. It's just so cool that they're communicating with each other and in a way that is so foreign to us.
Speaker 1: It's so cool, and I think that's a cool thing for listeners to try too. Maybe if you find a glyph like that, combine it with a Google Map screenshot and see if there's maybe a pattern that you guys found there and maybe that can be found in different areas. That'd be pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, please, I hope everyone tries it out because I know a lot of people are finding these and wondering what they mean.
Speaker 1: Absolutely so, well, filthy, it has been awesome to have you on the show. I want to well, I'll ask you, so, what would be the best way for people to keep up to date with what you're doing And if someone wanted to reach out and share with you something as you said other people around the world have done with you in the past.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just shoot me a DM. I'm always I'm always open to anything. Shoot me a d M. Tell me your encounter. I will draw it for you as best I can, and I will send you the original art so you can have it. You don't have to pay me anything. I'll cover any expenses of shipping. I don't really care. I'm just I just it's my little way of giving back to a community that is been nothing but you know, accepting and amazing to me. It's just my little way of giving back. Shoot me a d M, tell me your encounter, talk to me about whatever. If you're taking pictures, send me pictures. I'd love to. I love to go back and forth with people. If you're doing any research anywhere, it's always good to have peop, but to you know, talk back and forth with about you know, about findings or observation. So yeah, oh I'm an open book. Just hit me up.
Speaker 1: Awesome, So definitely over on instagram Sasquatch Underscore reanimated. It'll be in the show notes for or the description for this episode. But man, Filthy, thank you so much for hanging out with me. It has been a great conversation and we will definitely keep in touch with you to see what happens to you in the future.
Speaker 2: Man for sure. Thanks Jeremiah.
Speaker 1: Have you ever heard all the accounts of bigfoot activity around Oakridge, Oregon? And you think to yourself, Man, I would love to get out in those woods and experience it for myself. Well, guess what this year you can If this is interesting to you, stay tuned because it's pretty cool. Sasquatch Summer Fest is coming up July tenth through the eleventh, twenty twenty six. It's going to be even better than the previous year's. Reason number one, I'll be one of the speakers. It's gonna be wild. I'll probably I'll say this, there may be stuff you haven't heard anywhere else, because let's just say sometimes it's well, you just gotta be there. We'll leave it that more about looking for Bigfoot in the Oakridge Woods. Now check this out. You may know Jason Kenzie from his documentary series Searching for Sasquatch. Well, this year you can not only go to the festival, but you can also sign up for a track deep in the wild forest outside of Oakridge with Jason Kenzie to the Bigfoot Spots to look for Bigfoot. There's only eight spots to sign up for this, and yes, this will also be filmed for the next chapter in his documentary series, which is Searching for Sasquatch. This is a once in a lifetime deal. It's just trust it's going to be a wild, wild experience. To get a ticket, head on over to Sasquatch Summerfest dot com and listeners can use the code b sp like Bigfoot Society podcast in order to get a two day pass for the price of a one day pass. So thanks to Priscilla for giving me that code so that you guys can can get a little a little help with the costs there. Appreciate that, Priscilla. I hope to see you at the booth in Oakridge this year. We can talk about your encounter. Was able to talk to so many people last year and the year before. It is an incredible time. You're not going to want to miss it, and I'll see you there. Before we wrap this episode, I want to say something directly to a very specific group of listeners. If you're in the military, any branch or forces, and if you've seen something that no one can explain, or if you're a National park ranger or forestry worker who's been told to stay quiet, or if you're a pilot who's seen something strange down on the ground, or if you're with the FBI a federal agency, or working intelligence and you stumbled upon something you're not allowed to talk about. And if you're a firefighter, paramedic, or search and rescue responder who's heard screams or found tracks that didn't make sense. If you're in the logging industry on a remote oil field or a trucker with government contracts and you've had something happen that you've never told a soul and if you're a biologist, a wildlife specialist, or a field researcher under contract who has found evidence you're not allowed to report. If you're a pastor, a missionary, or someone on a spiritual retreat and you saw something that shook your faith, or if you work in the shadows, CIA, NSA or anything with clearance and you've seen what the public hasn't, then I want to talk to you, even if it's anonymous. You can reach me at Bigfoot Society at gmail dot com. The world needs to hear what you've been forced to carry alone, and you're not alone. You've got the story, We've got the mic.
Speaker 2: See you in the woods.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to this episode of the Bigfoot Society podcast. Every encounter we share reminds us that the world is bigger and stranger than we think, and that the truth is often hiding just beyond the tree line. If you enjoyed this episode, please be sure to subscribe to the channel on YouTube, hit the bell so you don't miss the next episode, and share this with a friend who's into mysteries, monsters, or the unexplained. And if you're listening to us on Spotify or Apple podcast please follow the show there and leave us a five star positive review, because all that helps more people discover the show. Remember, if you or someone you know has had a Bigfoot sighting, please I'd love to hear from you, so email me at Bigfoot Society at gmail dot com and let's start the conversation. If you haven't gotten a chance yet, check out our membership community over at www dot Bigfoot Society podcast dot com and that's where you can hear tomorrow's episode today early in ad free and members only episodes every week. Also, it's a place to connect with other people that are into the Bigfoot subject as much as you are. Thanks again for following along with the Bigfoot Society until next time, keep your eyes open, trust your gut, and never stop asking what else might be out there? And see you in the woods.