Speaker 1: And this episode is take away.
Speaker 2: What's up? Guys, Welcome to Dinner with the Healers. My name is Eric, and with me as always are my lovely wife Amanda Hi, guys, my beautiful daughter Sella Hi, and my super handsome son Henry. Hello. If this is your first time listening to us, we are an episode by episode Blue Podcast where we watch an episode of Blue and then talk about it and the lessons we learned. Does that sound right to you, guys?
Speaker 3: It sure does.
Speaker 2: In this episode, we are rewatching season one, episode fourteen take and talking about how we feel about it now three years later after we watched it the first time, and it is going to be super fun.
Speaker 3: Yes, it will.
Speaker 2: Before we do that, let's jump into the business. Be sure to check out the show description. You'll find a link to our.
Speaker 4: Website, Thebluey Podcast dot com.
Speaker 2: Our email address.
Speaker 4: Blue Podcast at gmail dot.
Speaker 2: Com, links to our social media, a link to our tea public merch store timestamp so you can jump right to the part of the episode you're looking for, and you'll also find a link so you can sign up to listen to the show ad free via Patreon for just one dollar a month and a huge huge thank you to our subscribers. You guys are awesome. Yes, they are speaking of things that are awesome. We just got done rewatching takeaway.
Speaker 1: Can we have some media? Take your tea?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you girls are a large, spicy Henry. Could you tell us what was going on at the beginning of this episode.
Speaker 4: At the beginning of the episode, they pull up to a restaurant and they go there to get their takeaway, which is their food. Banitt goes inside so they can get their order, and Bluey and Bingo both are trying to sell on a chair, but Bluey and Binga are kind of trying to push each other off so they can sit on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. They pull up to a restaurant. Does anybody remember what the name of it is?
Speaker 4: It was called Golden Crown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Golden Crown. Very good. When they're walking up there, all of these things are happening at once. And Amanda and I were talking about this how as a parent you can totally relate to it because all these things are coming from all over. Bluey asks if she can take a shower under the tap the water faucet outside, and what did Bandit tell her?
Speaker 3: He said, no, wet dogs in.
Speaker 2: The car exactly, which I get it. Bingo is asking a question, Stella, do you remember what Bingo asked?
Speaker 4: She asked where do rocks come from?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So, in the middle of all that these big existential questions that Bingo's asking, Blue's trying to take a shower. And then they're also saying they want some of the takeaway, and a man of Bandit tells them that they're not gonna want his food. Why is that?
Speaker 3: Because it's too spicy and he knows that the girls do not like spicy food.
Speaker 2: Henry, something happens when Bandit goes in the first time, and we talk about this a lot on the show, and we're just joking around. But are they dogs or are they people? What happened while Bandit was inside That makes you wonder which one's right.
Speaker 4: The newspaper blows away off the table and Bingo runs to grab and she picks up with her mouth and she takes it back to the table.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she barked to her yip bark that she does. And when Bandit came out, he realizes that something terrible has happened. And Henry, what is that?
Speaker 4: There are no spring rolls?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they forgot him, So he tells Bingo and Bluie to stay, and he says it just like you would tell your dog Stepy. Of course, Stella, did Mom and I ever tell you and Henry to stay like the way we talk to Charlie and Annie are doggies.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be five more minutes because they've got to have those spring rolls. Bandit needs to do something, Stella, what is it?
Speaker 4: He needs to call Chili and tell her that the spring rolls aren't done, and what is she telling him to do? She tells him to just forget about the spring rolls.
Speaker 2: He says that's not happening, and she tells him good luck leave without the spring roll She crazy, Amanda, would you wait for the spring rolls or would you just head home?
Speaker 3: No? I would definitely wait for the spring rolls. I wouldn't head home without them.
Speaker 2: Well, especially if you paid for him already.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, exactly, yeah, but yeah.
Speaker 2: I would want to wait for him too. Bingo is curious about something, Amanda. Do you remember what she asked Bandit next?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: I know she asked him how long it was going to take to get the spring rolls and he said five minutes, and both the girls asked, well, how long is five minutes? And he said, it's like watching an episode of Chutney Chimp.
Speaker 2: Right, they compare time to how long it takes to watch an episode of one of their favorite shows. We used to do that, didn't we?
Speaker 3: Yes, we did.
Speaker 2: What are some of the shows that we've used to mark time by?
Speaker 3: When Stella was younger, she really liked My Little Ponies and so when we were waiting for something, we would say, well, it'll take about as long as My Little Pony episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, My Little Pony Friendship is magic is specifically the series we're talking about. It is still awesome, it is. Yes, we also use Kung Fu Panda, Yes, and we also used Ninjago Yes.
Speaker 3: So yeah, my Lego frand over.
Speaker 2: There, we've definitely been there. Yeah. Bluie is wanting something now, Amanda, what is it?
Speaker 3: She asked Bandit if she could get I think a juice and he said he wasn't going to buy any drinks and she could go over to the tap and get a drink of water from the tap.
Speaker 2: Well, she's doing that. Henry Bingo is asking Bandit if she can do something and what is it?
Speaker 4: Bingo asked Bandit if she can eat the plants, and he obviously said no. And then Bingo asked, why is it that some plants are food and some plants aren't.
Speaker 2: Did he give an answer to that?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you have an answer to that?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I think my only answer would be, well.
Speaker 3: Because because some of them are and some of them aren't.
Speaker 2: Right. Yeah, Blue is wanting to play with something. And what is she asking her dad about?
Speaker 4: She wants to play with the menus?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he tells her to only take a couple because the restaurant needs them. Right, Yeah, Blue's got her menus. But then, in a classic twist which happens with all kids everywhere, Bingo, who said she didn't want to drink earlier, now asks a question, Stella, what is it?
Speaker 4: She asks if she can have a drink from the tap?
Speaker 2: Amanda, have we ever been there? No? Absolutely not, not every night at dinner time? Literally maybe every day?
Speaker 3: Maybe? Yeah, maybe.
Speaker 2: Banda is just trying to get through all this, and he says fine, and he takes Bingo over to get a drink. But then, Stella, what happens.
Speaker 4: Bluie's menus blow out of her hand and they go straight into the water.
Speaker 2: And she's not going to play with those, right, Yeah.
Speaker 4: She's not going to play with those. So Bandit tells her that she can go and get two more, but she needs to hold onto them.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Bandit picks the wet ones up and puts them on the table, and Bingo says she is starving by this time. Stella, what does Blue start doing?
Speaker 4: She starts playing restaurant with Bingo and she.
Speaker 2: Makes Bandit get up and get out of the way, and he does, which I've been there to listen. Fine, cool, I'll come over here and sit on the wall if it'll keep you too entertained, and I don't have to constantly keep you from bickering. Amanda Blue gives Bingo both menus. Why was that she gave.
Speaker 3: Her book menus in case she was super hungry?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, you can't just order off the one man. You gotta do both, one for each eye. I guess sure. Yeah. What was Bingo's name in this? Bingo always had the classic names whenever they played. In the earliest episodes, her.
Speaker 3: Name was tap girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very good. I wonder where she got that. I know Bingo says she wants her food super spicy. I kind of thought this might have been a mistake from the word go, Amanda. What does Blue do?
Speaker 3: Blue gives her the food out of Dad's takeout bag, and Bingo opens up the lid, but Blue tells her, I don't really know if you should actually try to eat it. You know, remember Dad said is spicy. And then Bingo goes ahead and takes a handful of it and eats it, and she immediately regrets her decision.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so spicy she can't stand it. But then something terrible happens. What is it?
Speaker 3: She drops the food container on the ground, all over the place, and poor Bandit by this time he's still waiting on the spring rolls.
Speaker 2: He comes out and his food's all over the ground, and Bingo is flipping out, Henry, what does she need?
Speaker 4: She says that she needs a drink, and the Bandit gets up and then he takes her to the water tap immediately and turns it on and then she can get a drink.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's guzzlant like there's no tomorrow. And anybody who's ever had a kid ever knows exactly what's going to happen next, how's that kid?
Speaker 5: Her?
Speaker 1: Good man?
Speaker 4: He could gilloween?
Speaker 2: Oh man, Okay, I know. I keep saying that if you've had kids, this will all feel familiar. This part where all starts happening all at once, reminds me so much of when I would take these two by myself someplace while you were at work. For example, Bingo's got to do her business. There's not a restroom for miles. She can't wait. So Henry, what were they going to have to do?
Speaker 4: They had to do a bush wei.
Speaker 2: A bush wei. Yeah, so now they're taking care of that. But during all this, it all sort of happens. At one time Stella Blue runs up and she's doing something.
Speaker 4: Blue runs up with chopsticks in her mouth and says that she's a.
Speaker 2: Walrus, which I thought was pretty cute. Stella. While Bingo is taking care of her business, she's still asking Bandit loads of questions. What's her big question now?
Speaker 4: She asks if everything is made out of Adams.
Speaker 2: I don't think Bandit was expecting that question at all. In the middle of this. They can't hear you shake your head.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he definitely didn't know how to answer that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, because everything's happening all the once. He knows that every things made out of Adams. But while that's going on, Stella, what is happening with Bluey?
Speaker 4: Now she can't get the water from the tap to shut off, and she's worrying about what will happen if she can't get it shut off?
Speaker 2: Blowing. Don't even think about getting under that Bingo you almost finished?
Speaker 6: No, yeah, e't a long line, Stella.
Speaker 2: Were you ever worried something like that might happen if you couldn't get the hose to turn off or something when you were little?
Speaker 4: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: No, Bingo is taken forever with this one. And while that's happening, they get some visitors on the sidewalk, Amanda, who shows up?
Speaker 3: Are they crows? Yeah? So there are some crows that decided to help themselves to the food that Bingo spilled on the ground earlier.
Speaker 2: Bandit seemed frustrated by that, But I wonder if he was planning on eating it after it had been on the ground anyway. But yeah, he shoes those crows out of there. They finally get done, and he turns off the water and sits down and he is just beat Amanda. What question does Bingo ask next?
Speaker 3: Bingo was asking, let me see if I get this right, if adults grow up from being babies and adults are the only ones that have babies, where did the first baby come from?
Speaker 2: Well? Why is she listen? She's got a lot of man thinking going. She's got a lot on her mind.
Speaker 3: That kid, Yeah she does.
Speaker 2: That was kind of the final straw for bandit. I think, Yeah, Henry, what he say next?
Speaker 4: He said, let's just leave, and he grabs the food, then he slips and then it falls all over him and he's just laying down the ground defeated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he is done. Oh my gosh, I've been there. I mean I haven't been laying on the sidewalk covered in takeaway, right, but I've been in positions where I'm like, I think I'm just done here. Yeah, I think this might be it. Well, he's laying there, not moving at all. The lady who runs the shop comes out, and Henry, what does she have?
Speaker 4: She has Fortune cookies? And she also says that the spring rolls are going to take five more minutes.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's something any of them wanted to hear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and now that all the food's there on the ground. The lady's take on it was like, oh, what's going on out here? Yeah, well, they've got the fortune cookies and stella. What was it that Blue said they were?
Speaker 4: Blue said that they were little biscuits with pieces of paper inside them, and that the pieces of paper had words on them.
Speaker 2: Yeah. For us in the United States, we call them cookies, and in other places they call them biscuits instead of cookies. Bandit takes a look at the Fortune. It says, flowers may bloom again, but a person never has a chance to be young again. Amanda, what does he do with that?
Speaker 3: He thinks about the words for a moment, and then he decides to tell the girls, do you know what it's time for? It's shower time? And Blue said for real life, and he said for real life. And so they run over to the tap and he turns a tap on for them.
Speaker 2: When the lady came out, I thought she might be upset that they're running her out of the ground. But Henry, what did she say?
Speaker 4: She said that it looks fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's something about seeing kids having a ripper of a time like that makes your heart feel good and that was the episode. Henry, Did we miss anything?
Speaker 4: Nope, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what it's time for?
Speaker 3: Did we learn anything today?
Speaker 2: Could anyone tell us? What did you learn today?
Speaker 3: Sometimes things just don't go as planned, and when that happens, you just got to kind of roll with the punches, much like Bandit did.
Speaker 2: What about you kids? Do you guys have any ideas?
Speaker 4: Honestly, I don't really know what the lesson was. Here's what I learned. If I have no spring rolls in my back and I have to wait five minutes, I'll just go home.
Speaker 2: Okay, I guess that's one takeaway from it. Nothing. See what I did there that I would add this, Amanda, I think you're on the right track there. My thing is is that life happens at sometimes just rocket speed. Everything is happening all at once. Bandit wants the spring rolls, Chili wants him home, Bengoes got to take a Wii, Bluie wants to play with this and that, Bengos asking the mysteries of the universe, and it's all happening at one time, and Bandit probably felt like he was in one of those things, you know, those little toys you push and the balls pop up and down inside the plastic dome like the popcorn thing. Yeah yeah, yeah, probably felt like that, Like all these ideas and events are happening all around him so fast, and he's having trouble focusing on the thing that matters, and when everything becomes overwhelming, it's easy to miss out on life. At this point, he just wants to get home. He doesn't care if the kids are having fun or not. He just wants them to sit there and do nothing while he gets the food so he can get home and eat and keep the day moving forward. But once he's forced to slow down, when everything has fallen apart and he has to slow down and take a breath and just take whatever comes next at face value, he realizes, Man, you don't get to be young forever. These kids aren't going to be young forever, and we need to take the opportunity while we have it and play, just play. What's it going to hurt at this point? I mean, plus, let's face it, he's covered in food. What can a little water do? But that's my take on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 2: Does anybody have any parting thoughts about the episode?
Speaker 3: This episode is still just as hilarious as it was when we watched it three years ago.
Speaker 4: I think the random questions that Bingo was asking, I think those are funny. I thought this whole episode was funny with just everything going on and all the questions that Bingo was asking.
Speaker 2: Like Henry said, you're really good with little kids. Do little kids ask you tons of questions like that?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Would you be able to explain the mysteries of the universe?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Oh, I bet you could. I bet you could. I love this episode. I like seeing Bandit in this situation just because it reminds me of what we went through, the three of us, meaning Stella and Henry and me, when they were little and it was just me fighting for my life when mom wasn't there. And I think he did a very commendable job. And I think he enjoys spending time with the girls like that, even though sometimes they probably try his patience. But I really saw myself in that, and I like to have goofy fun. I probably would have been the one making the walrus face with the chopsticks, embarrassing the kids.
Speaker 4: That feels like something that you would do, but you're not that embarrassing.
Speaker 2: That's not what Stella says, Stella to your mom, and I embarrass you ever?
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 2: One example, learner mom.
Speaker 4: Dances in the stores the music like it's just just stop, like just stop. Ah.
Speaker 3: I have one word to say about that?
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 3: Never?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, there's a whole episode about that that we'll get to. I think it's cool that your mom is such a free spirit. But anyway, we think Bluie is awesome. And speaking of things that we think are awesome, Henry, what should we do next? The howl outs, Okay, listen up. Everyone has to clap and go whoa. Yeah, all right, that's awesome, got it? Ayay. I say this every time we get to this segment. But we have the best fans ever. We're so appreciative of you guys with the voicemails and emails and comments. It is always so awesome to hear from you.
Speaker 3: It really is. You guys are just fantastic and we can do this show without you, and we're just so glad that you love the show. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Let's look at the comments on Spotify we heard from David, and David loves the episode Burger Shop I really like that one too. Bandit being stuck in the tub forever trying to get the girls out right.
Speaker 3: That's a good one for sure.
Speaker 2: We heard from Andrea Potato fan. We heard from Julia, who's and to play the guitar. Oh cool played ode to Joy this past week. How about that nice? We heard from Hope VV Chicken Lane. We heard from Jaden Lilith. We heard from someone whose username is the music Nerds. We heard from our friend Daisy twice Alex who is going over these episodes with a fine tooth comb and noticed like a quick cut in one of them. Man, Alex, you need to get into video production. We heard from Ava, she is seven. Ava, Thank you so much for listening.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Ava.
Speaker 2: We heard from Harper and Ivy. From Jelly, who was mentioning the fact that the new Star Wars movie is only a couple of months away. Henry, are you for that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I really excited for it.
Speaker 2: We heard from Sarah and Taylor. We got some emails. We heard from Olive. She is nine. She's from England and likes Amanda and Eric wants to join the Amanda and Eric fanclub.
Speaker 3: She said, well, Olive, you can be president.
Speaker 2: That's right, I told her. I'm like, I'm surprised because almost everybody picks the kids because the kids are so awesome.
Speaker 3: Well, sure of course they are, Thank you, Olive.
Speaker 2: We heard from our friend Skippy, who was coloring in the pictures that we have on our website, the coloring pages. Yeah, of my guitar, the flying v Oh cool. Yeah, And I said, we would love to see the finished picture. So maybe he'll send us a photo of it.
Speaker 3: That'll be fun.
Speaker 2: And we got a voice message from Flora and Vincey. They're from Hungary. Flora is ten and Vincey is six.
Speaker 5: Hi, my name is Flora and this is my little brother. Rincy went to say, hi, Hi. We want to know if Harry likes Ninjago and we love your podcast.
Speaker 4: Bye bye, thanks for your message. And uh, yeah, I like Ninjago. I think it's cool. I like the legos, I like the show. I like all the shows. Actually the movie, Yeah, the movie's really good.
Speaker 2: Oh, the movies great. And Henry, you and I we spent a lot of time on the video game, didn't we.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we did.
Speaker 2: Henry was the master at it. And Ninjago is so cool. You guys did an awesome job on that voice message. Thank you, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Yes, thank you for sending us a message. It was wonderful to hear from you.
Speaker 2: If you would like to send us an email or a voice message compared to help you, you can record yourself on your phone, tablet or computer and send that file to us.
Speaker 4: Stella.
Speaker 2: What's the email address? They should send that to.
Speaker 4: Blue Podcast at jamail dot com.
Speaker 2: Thank you all so much for the five star reviews, the comments, the emails. We read all of them, even the mean ones. Luckily we don't get too many of those. Yeah, you guys are amazing. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: You guys, sure are. You're just the best. And thank you so much for reaching out to us leaving us messages. We just we love hearing from you.
Speaker 2: Well, until next time, we are out of here, Bye guys, bye bye. Once again