Speaker 1: Rips running just as as as we can.
Speaker 2: Show Shooter's gonna help coming man.
Speaker 3: This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 4: No Tom Martinez, Welcome, Welcome to the only show if it's kind. We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints. We're here to make your life just a little bit better. It's Car Day. I'm the Troubleshooter show Man. Do we like Car Day? I got my lovely wife, Suzanne sitting next to me. Then we got We've got a deputy bo over there getting his headphones going. We've got Kevin cock and shared and auto Tech. What's going on, Kevin?
Speaker 5: Happy Friday?
Speaker 4: Happy Friday. Deputy Dmitri right across from me. Good morning, Jeff Vic Kimber transmission.
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 5: Jeff? Day in, day out, same stuff.
Speaker 4: Shannon's on the other side of the glass, Kelly answering your phones. Two lines open, three oh three seven, one three eight two five five.
Speaker 3: That's the only number you need.
Speaker 4: You've been ripped off, taking advantage of bad contractor need help with the landlord?
Speaker 3: You get it. Maybe your car was towed illegally.
Speaker 4: We deal with problems day in and day out, Unlike any other show out there.
Speaker 3: Period endstory in.
Speaker 4: This hour is brought to you by Paul the water Man, the best for less. I love that he says that, and he's not kidding. I shopped around big time. He's got a system right now that gets rid of forever chemicals, It softens the water, and it makes the chlorine level acceptable. Okay, it actually does that as well. All three things for the entire house for less than thirty seven hundred dollars. To the competition is upwards of fifteen thousand dollars. Paul loves water. He lives it, he breathes it. He knows more about it than anybody I know. Paul the water Man. Check him out waterpros dot Net thirty seven hundred bucks waterpros dot Net. Now, Fernando, what is going on with you today?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Can you hear me?
Speaker 3: Yes? I can hear you. What's going on?
Speaker 7: Yeah? I called the show before it. I was wondering about my car. I have a twenty eighteen and Kennedy and I bought it from Dodge Dealership and I had it for about a year. I bought a warranty at a on limited warranty is a lifetime warranty.
Speaker 3: Well, Fernando helped me out here.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, when did you buy this? The timeframe is missing me a little.
Speaker 7: Bit at a year now from this month.
Speaker 3: And who'd you buy it from?
Speaker 7: From? Dodge?
Speaker 3: Well, what Dodge dealer? Who was it at?
Speaker 7: Dodge Autoations from Colorado Springs?
Speaker 4: Okay, Dodge AutoNation. You bought this twenty eighteen and fifty.
Speaker 3: A year ago, so you bought a.
Speaker 4: Warranty at that time with it, right, an extended warranty after market?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: And you said something interesting, it's lifetime. What does that mean?
Speaker 7: I said, it's a lifetime warranty. So it's unlimited warranty.
Speaker 4: Well, I've never heard of anything like that, but I'll take it for what it is. Generally, they can call it whatever they want as far as terms of mileage and maybe even in terms of length, meaning three years, five years. But I've never seen one that is unlimited when it comes to repairs, in other words, that you generally cap it at five thousand, seven thousand. I've never heard of an unlimited one. But what's going on with it now? I assume it's a warranty problem.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so it's a warranty problem. So when I was in I have had the car park to my garage. In the morning, I woke up it was oil and Enefrey is built all over the garage.
Speaker 3: That's un mean.
Speaker 7: I was like, oh, what's going on here? So then I called the warranty. I called the dogs to play. Some dealership and I told him about the vehicle. They said, well, call your warranty so they can toll it to the dealership. So I said, okay, I'll do that. So I had it told, I called it warranty.
Speaker 3: I had it told the dealership, did you have it towed back to where you bought it?
Speaker 7: And they didn't want it back there. They said, told it to Infinity because.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's fine. So they towed it to a different dealership. And then this dealership, I assumed, wants to tear it down.
Speaker 3: Did they already tear it down to figure out what broke?
Speaker 7: They wanted the permission to tear it down, so they contacted the warranty. Played yeah, the warranty said they kind of.
Speaker 3: Denied it and said all that they denied the tear down down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, this is very this isn't really a problem. I'm going to have one of these two kind of explain it to you. But we get this call all the time, guys.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Basically, with insurers and warranties, they need to know the cause of failure before they can commit to a repair. So whatever it costs to get to the cause of failure is on the customer period.
Speaker 5: That's all of them.
Speaker 4: And if the warranty actually covers whatever the cause was correct, then they pay for the teardown. Yes, but what the dealership is saying is we don't want to tear it down and not get paid by the warranty company nor you.
Speaker 3: So that's why. And not just you, but and not just the warranty.
Speaker 5: You have, every warranty does it?
Speaker 3: Every one?
Speaker 5: Everythingles it? Jeff, do you concur Oh yea one hundred percent. You know, when doing transmissions, most of the time we have to tear it down. So it's a common place for us to get authimization from the consumer and explain to them, just like you're saying here that Hey, once they determine that you haven't been putting peanut shells down the dipstick, yeah, then you know, and this is a warrantable item, they will assume that responsibility less any deductibles or things that may not be covered sometimes things like fluids and filters.
Speaker 4: Hey, guys, give me an idea and then I'll go back to you. Fernando on a transmission teardown, just average job, Jeff, under a warranty situation like this, how much generally are you trying to get get approval from I do it.
Speaker 5: Differently than most transmission shops. They you know, the laws says that you have to do at least what's called an RDII, which is removed, disassemble and inspect. I don't like to set people up for unknowns, so I give them the full labor up front that what's going to take the brown trip the job.
Speaker 3: Oh if the warranty doesn't step up, correct.
Speaker 5: And I let them know what lows and highs that they're going to have available in front of them. So you know, to say it was two thousand dollars in labor, and you could be looking anywhere from three to five thousand dollars by the time the job's done. That way, in the event the warranty does not cover it, they're prepared.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're prepared, and most people are going to go ahead and have most most.
Speaker 8: Shops know what the problem is or they have a very very good idea. Yeah, because we're we're not going in blind like gee, I wonder what this? You know, Yeah, you have to prove it, but I mean you can pretty well tell the customer.
Speaker 5: You know what.
Speaker 8: I don't think you got a chance, if snowballs, chance to getting this covered. So yeah, you know, be prepared, prepared.
Speaker 3: So, Fernando, how much did they want you to guarantee on the teardown?
Speaker 7: So the teardown was fourteen.
Speaker 4: Okay, I mean that's probably about right there. I mean that sounds actually okay for a dealership. So what's what's going on here? Was that your main question?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 7: So my main question was I knew this part about that. So I told him, yeah, I'll pay for the for the teardown. So I went to the dealerships Dodge and I asked him and I told them about this. They said they weren't. I talked to the main manager at the Dodge and he goes, no, really, he says, you don't even know what the problem is. They said no, they haven't even diagnolysis or anything. And he said, you know what, I'm going to do verbal things with the unsay, don't worry about we'll cover that that teardown for you. And I said, okay, then I'll play I'll pay for the cost of the vehicles like, okay, that's a faara, that's an agreement between me and them. And so they said, so am I good for them to fix the vehicle?
Speaker 9: Then?
Speaker 7: So then I get the go ahead and tell them to go ahead and tear down and fix.
Speaker 4: The Wait wait, wait, you're saying AutoNation Dodge. Someone there told you that they're going to pay for it to get fixed if the warranty company doesn't.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they told me they will cover the teardowns.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, the teardown, which I don't even get that part. That part strange within itself. Is this a salesperson who's saying this to you?
Speaker 7: It was the manager at Dutch.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's move on a second. Hold on one second to me, trees. So where are we at now? Was the teardown done?
Speaker 7: Yeah, the car's fixed.
Speaker 4: Now what was the failure point? And did the warranty cover it?
Speaker 7: No, they didn't cover it. It was the oil housing.
Speaker 4: So the warranty you bought was powertrain only and therefore it wasn't covered.
Speaker 7: Yes, exactly. Okay, So when I purchased the bit, I told him, I said I wanted the best quarantines.
Speaker 3: Well, none of that matters.
Speaker 4: I mean you had you had plenty of time to look and see what was covered.
Speaker 3: I realized they might have misled you.
Speaker 4: But I'm saying, whatever you purchased is in the paperwork, what's covered, what isn't. But you're not the only one that's gotten snookered like that. So I want to go to the next step.
Speaker 5: Though.
Speaker 4: They did repair it, right, and how much was it total? What was the total bill?
Speaker 7: So now it's thirty five hundred, So.
Speaker 3: That's cheap as hell.
Speaker 4: The whole bill is only thirty five hundred to repair the engine.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so it's all his three thousand eighty dollars.
Speaker 8: Help me out here, kids, it's an oil filter housing, oil cooler housing.
Speaker 5: It's not it's not the whole ang.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. So that's probably actually pretty expense.
Speaker 5: It's a little on the high side, but it's not crazy. Infinity parts are expensive.
Speaker 4: So now, Fernando, are you saying you want them to cover the fourteen hundred dollars?
Speaker 7: Yeah, because that was their promise.
Speaker 3: Okay, hold on, I think I know exactly where he's going.
Speaker 4: Everybody holds tight three oh three, seven to one, three eight, two five five. We've got two lines open. Would love to hear from you any problem you have. And Alexander, you'll be after Fernando. Everybody hold tight.
Speaker 6: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martino, Fernando's got a few things going on here. One he bought a warranty that he thought would cover everything. The difference in warranties really quick, pretty much. There's a lot of warranties here. I'll take hondis hondas. When you buy a new one, you get five years sixty thousand miles. They call it bumper to bumper. If anything breaks, a door handle, a knob breaks, the radio breaks, and alternator breaks. No, I don't know about a belt. But anything that's a non wearable part is covered the powertrain warranty. And guys please jump in and help me with this. It only covers the engine, and the engine is generally defined by.
Speaker 3: Well, if you have a turbo that's part of the engine.
Speaker 8: Not necessarily you may have to have a turbo rider, but they define it transient and engines is internally lubricated parts.
Speaker 3: Got it so to.
Speaker 8: Be bolted to it, Like this oil cooler that's not part of the engine, but it's not an internally lubricated part.
Speaker 4: But like a ring or a piston, I'm coming through the assend.
Speaker 3: How about like a head gasket?
Speaker 5: Some do, some don't.
Speaker 8: It's again, it's it's you've got to read the warranty. Some warranties cover gaskets, some warranties.
Speaker 4: Do not, meaning if they do cover the engine, you might have to buy what we would call the installation kit YEP, and that.
Speaker 8: Or they'll cover leaks. We just fixed one. They covered all the leaps.
Speaker 4: Now Fernando's parts interesting. He didn't want to have to guarantee the tear down in an Infinity dealership. When you have a warranty like this, the dealership has to tear the engine to figure out if it's a covered component, like we just talked about. But he went to where he bought it and they said they would go ahead and cover the teardown if he got charged for it. I think where they're coming from, Fernando, and please explain if it's different. They're saying they would have covered it if you got charged for it and it was a covered part, but because it's not a covered part, they're not going to pay for it. Is that what they would tell us, which sound sense, But I don't know if they would do that or not.
Speaker 7: So they promised me that, they said that they would cover the tear down because I could have took the car somewhere else and got to take cheaper.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you could have brought a shared an Autotech for got a lot cheaper.
Speaker 8: Quite quite honestly, that fourteen hundreds should have fixed that car. Yeah, I mean, I just look a triple on that.
Speaker 5: It's a three hour job with a four hundred dollars part.
Speaker 3: But that's not AutoNation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wonder why why did they what what does their receipt say? Out of curiosity the Infinity dealer, why was it thirty eight hundred?
Speaker 7: You know, I haven't picked it up yet to go down there tomorrow.
Speaker 3: I mean, what's the book time on it?
Speaker 5: Book times?
Speaker 8: It is the old filter housing is what I looked up is three hours and list at Infinity for the parts about four hundred bucks.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I mean that should be under it.
Speaker 8: That that's why I said the fourteen hundred should have covered it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's crazy, man. You got to really look at that receipt. I wonder what else they got him for.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, did he approve all the repairs blindly or did they send.
Speaker 5: You an estimate?
Speaker 7: I get it blindly.
Speaker 5: But you gave authorization for this knowing that it wasn't going to be covered.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right, he sure did. I mean he knew he was going to have to get the vehicle back.
Speaker 5: You got a number, and they got authorization for that fine number from you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean for from a legal stance that's fine, but if you know, it's still not right. If someone says, yeah, just go ahead and fix it even if it's not covered, and then they goug you and I'm not saying they did this, did that, but then me know it was going to be thirty eight hundred bucks.
Speaker 7: No, they didn't even know. They just told me, so, you just.
Speaker 4: Gave a blanket, fix it. Even if it was five thousand, they still would.
Speaker 3: Have fixed it pretty much.
Speaker 7: They told me that, wowt me the price after it was done.
Speaker 5: But you actually have to sign a waiver if you're giving a blanket open, you know, saying that you fix it whatever it is, I'll take care of it.
Speaker 3: But it was towed there and they talked to him on the phone.
Speaker 5: Do you you still have to have a blank You have to have it figned waiver for that.
Speaker 4: You might be uh, you might want to look at that when you pick it up, man, But that has nothing to do with AutoNation. We're talking about simply what Infinity is charging you for that part. If it's only that part, If you get there and there was other stuff they had to do, that changes this scenario one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: We're just talking about the oil housing.
Speaker 4: And if that's the only thing they sold you and the only thing on the invoice and it's thirty eight hundred bucks, they bent you over. But find out when you get there, and if you have questions, you can email us. And then the other thing I'll say is on the fourteen hundred do you know who you talk to there?
Speaker 7: Might have his card? I don't have it with me.
Speaker 4: Well, how about this, Dmitri, you want to make a call over there or Bo? I don't know which one of you want to call over there. We'll get the guy's name and basically call over and say, Fernando is saying you guys said you'd pay the fourteen hundred bucks. I don't even know why they would, but if that's what they told you, they should stick to it.
Speaker 3: You're going to do it both.
Speaker 10: I'll give them a called noon break.
Speaker 4: Excellent. So Fernando hold tight. Bo's going to get your information. We'll call over to AutoNation if you have questions about the bill.
Speaker 3: In fact, real quick, when are you picking that car up?
Speaker 11: Bro?
Speaker 7: Saturday?
Speaker 3: Why don't you if.
Speaker 4: You have any questions, now, remember, once you pick it up and pay, it's gonna be a it's gonna be a lot harder to go there, but if you have any questions, what you can do is take a picture of the bill and send it over to help at troubleshooter dot com and one of us will look at it, probably while you're there Saturday. I can't guarantee it, but we usually get those emails and check them all the time, so that's open to you as well. Kelly, make sure we get that info. Give it over to Bo and Alexander. What's going on with you? It's car warranty day three oh three seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martino, Alexander.
Speaker 12: Yes, sir, so I got two Toyota Tundra and I bought it from the dealership back in November and it's been broken down for about two months now.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, let's let's go book cut. It's a twenty ten Tundra, you said, yes, sir, that's the big daddy, right, the big Toyota. Oh yeah, they have a great I mean those are usually bulletproof. But who'd you buy it from?
Speaker 12: I bought it from off Road Automotive up in Fort Loveson.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Well they're bankrupt. They're they're bankrupt. They're they're they're they're bankrupt, and they're just a horrible place in my opinion. You know, I like the protections of bankruptcy. I have no problem with that. I'm not saying there was anything fraudulent, but we've had numerous numerous complaints on this place.
Speaker 13: This is the fourth and about two months. Yeah, it's CONTANTT two and one day last week.
Speaker 4: They're trying to restructure right now, so the trustee will be involved.
Speaker 3: My best.
Speaker 4: Well, let's let's figure out what's going on with it. So before we even jump into the bankruptcy, you said you bought a warranty. Was the warranty through them and them only? Or did they sell you a warranty through a third party?
Speaker 12: So it's a warranty through a third party. The warranty company is dealer Loyalty Protection.
Speaker 4: I haven't heard of that one, but no big deal. So when this thing broke down, when did it break down?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 12: Broke down April night?
Speaker 4: And what were the symptoms? What happened when we say broke down?
Speaker 12: Basically ALM going on the highway heading down to Calado Springs, get around about County Line Road and poof white smoke, and then as soon as the white smoke hits my engine shut down right right when I hit the exit, like within I'd say, good sixty.
Speaker 3: Seconds, just turned off all together quickly.
Speaker 12: Yeah, So we figured up the cause and everything.
Speaker 3: And the other thing too is what was the cause?
Speaker 5: What was it?
Speaker 12: So it turns out that the actual the clent cap on the radiator, the radiator cap was faulty. So basically, you know, after I guess time or whatever, it kind of just sheered off.
Speaker 3: What do you mean it was faulty? How long did you have this? About a year?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 12: Six months?
Speaker 3: Oh wow? Six months? How many thousands of miles on it?
Speaker 12: I only put six thousand on it. The other thing too, is I've had the vehicle service twice since I've had it.
Speaker 4: All right, hold on, hold on, let me take this break. I'm gonna let these guys absorb everything that we know so far. In your case, we got two lines open love to hear from you three oh three seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martino, Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 14: You don't pay a cent until you're contenth.
Speaker 6: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Alexander bought a vehicle. What's the name of the place to me? Treats that one in Fort Lopton. It's troubled off road four x four, off road four by four. And these guys, you're in a bankruptcy right now. If you're in Fort Lepton or anywhere, I highly suggest you don't buy anything from them. End of story. They're trying to do it. I believe it was a Chapter eleven. They want to restructure the debt. The problem is not just them, but most Chapter eleven. Most companies never emerge out. It's just a fact of life. In fact, I would say well over seventy five percent. I don't know the true stats. It could even be in the nineties, to be quite frank, But even prior to them filing, we were starting to get calls on them. What was the last one you got on them? D Oh, well, we had two calls last week, just last week. In fact, they might have been back to back, yeah, same day. Yeah.
Speaker 13: And then the previous one was a few months ago about some pickup truck and the catalytic converters went out.
Speaker 4: And the thing is, they all come down to the same thing. I mean, they're junk cars. In my opinion, they saw junk cars.
Speaker 13: I mean, what are the odds of getting so many junkie calls about the same little dealer.
Speaker 4: There is on this Yeah, it's in my opinion, They're just a horrible company, always were. And I hope the chapter eleven runs its way very quickly and it converts to a seven and we never hear the name again.
Speaker 3: But I have a feeling we're going to hear this name for a while.
Speaker 4: So on this tundra, though, let's talk about the warranty that they sold you on it. We know you were driving down the road it started overheating. Basically, you saw white smoke. You pulled over, and by this time the engine just stopped right, Alexander.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a few things you said. And I don't say this to beat you up.
Speaker 4: I say this for people listening when dealing with the warranty company. First of all, in reality a twenty ten tundra, Guys, what kind of signs would he say that it's overheating? It doesn't just maybe it does. I could be wrong, but I would guess it just doesn't spit out white smoke, and all of a sudden, the engine stops without the temperature gauge, the check engine in light, without something. How does that look? And did you see any of that stuff come on? Alexander?
Speaker 12: Yeah, so the check engine light through and like, like I said, this is it happened within proby about two minutes some light. I was also hauling two when it happened. Oh wow, motorcycles in the bed of my truck got it. So that's kind of that was also a contributing factor to it. But yeah, the engine light popped out, so.
Speaker 4: That pops on. Then about a minute later the white smoke or whatever's going on. Yeah, So guys, let me ask you this when something starts overheating like he's talking about, and if you lose a radiator cap on this kind of vehicle, how long does it take just a guess of it, how long could it take to overheat?
Speaker 3: I mean two minutes, seems.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it could be minutes or seconds even, I mean seconds. If he had a defective cab, it could have been losing a little bit of any freeze as he's driving, not noticing it. Yeah, you know, starting to run a little bit warmer and he's eye I'm just hauling.
Speaker 5: It's not a bit deal.
Speaker 8: And by the time the cap failed, it's because he was out of antiphrase at that point.
Speaker 5: And particularly you know, if he had been leaking for a little while and that terfees had gotten low enough. Well, the sensors cannot read temperature without the coolant to actually cover it. If exposed air, you're not going to read an overtime.
Speaker 3: Condition, oh, because there's simply nothing to read.
Speaker 5: Correct.
Speaker 3: And then let me ask you, guys, this a radiator cap. He's saying, was.
Speaker 4: Alexander, you said it was faulty or something, but it lasted six months. I mean, I don't quite understand that. Are they saying wherever you brought it? Are they saying it's the wrong radiator cap or what are they actually telling you?
Speaker 15: So here's here's.
Speaker 12: Kind of what the deal is with it is. I don't know exactly how it was faulty, if it's a manufacturer, dealer or whatever, whatever the hell was wrong with it. But the actual neck of the cap, not even the cap itself, the neck of the radiator where the cap goes on, sheared off completely, just shared so the radiator.
Speaker 3: It's nothing to do with the cap exactly.
Speaker 12: It's just the actual neck of the radiator.
Speaker 5: Your plastics just deteriorated over time and it failed.
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean I get that. That's catastrophic. It broke.
Speaker 4: It's plastic and it broke. How many miles are on it again?
Speaker 12: One hundred and seventy thousand, So yeah.
Speaker 3: I guess that.
Speaker 4: I mean, come on, it's a piece of plastic running hot fluid through it. Now, Guys, why does Alexander, Why does the warranty company not cover it?
Speaker 3: Is it only a powertrain or what?
Speaker 12: Nope, so I have the power train, I have the full warranty, so it covers just about everything besides normal wearables, tires, brakes, that whole nine. Yeah, what they're trying to say is that the failure was due to negligence, that the oil levels were too high and the polant levels were too low. But to counter that, I had the truck service two thousand miles before that at the shop that I work at where we did the old change, we put the exact amount of oil and that's supposed to go in the vehicle the cool vel.
Speaker 3: You have that receipt.
Speaker 12: I have all the documentation for it, and there's also video footage of what that was at what before the truck broke.
Speaker 3: So what do they say after you sent them all this?
Speaker 12: Basically they're still denying it for that reason and the biggest reason why. The shop that I have it at they've kind of told me the same reason of why they think they're denying it. But the repair. It needs a new engine.
Speaker 3: Now how much are we talking? Okay, twelve thousand?
Speaker 4: See small claims is a great option here to go after that warranty company.
Speaker 3: There's nothing you're going to do with the dealer. They're they're just done. They're cooked.
Speaker 4: Kevin, you were reading some stuff from the Better Business Bureau, and let me tell you something about the BBB. I personally think they're horrible it's a good reference point. But here's why we had a guy, Don Eiley. He was an accountant, worked for small businesses, stole twelve million dollars from different small businesses around Denver, and he still had a what's our highest rating.
Speaker 3: Four star, five star, well a plus A plus.
Speaker 4: He still had an A plus with the BBB while he was doing time in federal prison until we started talking about it all the time on the air. Then all of a sudden, he got removed from the BBB. I just have very little respect there. If I hear of somebody on our referral list that is starting to be a little strange to me, I remove them pretty much instantly, especially especially if I talk to him and I'm still not happy. I'd never remove anybody without getting their side. Don't get me wrong, but it was absolutely insane. A guy on federal prison. But what did you find?
Speaker 8: What I get? Their their motto. You know, we were joking, we're going to copy it. I can't get one hundred percent of people happy one hundred percent of the time.
Speaker 5: That's what they that's their motto.
Speaker 3: That's incredible. How many complaints? What recD have fifty complaints? They have a one point five rating. Fifty complaints is read Lass fifteen.
Speaker 5: We're all one star complaints.
Speaker 3: Here's what I would highly seeest on this.
Speaker 4: I think all they're doing is throwing crap to see what sticks on the wall, and they don't think most people are gonna fight it. Dmitri, I think this is perfect for you. I don't know if you're gonna get through to this company, but maybe just playing everyday advice for maybe Randy taking them to small claims. Now, the bad part is, Randy, it's only gonna be seventy five one hundred dollars out of a twelve thousand dollars repair. But that's seventy five hundred dollars. I don't think it's worth hiring an attorney, but it might be.
Speaker 5: You might need to look at it may have a mediation clause.
Speaker 4: I guarantee it's gonna have. I guarantee it's gonna have a mediation clause. And that's why I kind of want Randy to send the infro over to Dmitri, because if it does have that mediation clause, what you're gonna end up doing is actually not provoking. I was gonna say revoking, but initiating that clause, and there's gonna be a way to do that in there, and then you'll get to arbitration. But I really truly think, Alexander, that that you should win this if the warranty covers it. So I'm gonna have Dmitri reach out to you after the show or whenever he does. You need to send over that entire warranty packet, not just the cover page.
Speaker 3: I mean, he needs to look at the packet.
Speaker 4: To help at troubleshooter dot com and he's going to kind of reach out to them see if there's something he can do directly with them. I highly doubt it, based upon everything Kevin's found on him, but maybe, I mean, we have definitely have done this before. And then if that doesn't work, he can help you with that other thing, not in a legal sense, but in a true sense, because he's done it one hundred times.
Speaker 12: All right, right, right, thank you guys so much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got it.
Speaker 4: Hopefully we can at least recoup that seventy five hundred and once again, this off road four by four. If you know anything about him, if they have anything for sale, you need to know they're in bankruptcy.
Speaker 3: And it's just not a good thing.
Speaker 4: We've had numerous complaints over the last month, I mean more than any other dealership in a short.
Speaker 3: Amount of time, in a long time.
Speaker 4: Now Randy's got a comment on them and a question. So Randy, I'll gets you right after this. Three oh three Martino, we got some lines open. You need help. You know who to call three zero three Martino.
Speaker 6: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 14: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 6: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: Hi three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Dan McKenzie, By the way, man, is he a great attorney? Talk about protecting your legacy? You know he does asset protection. A lot of people think of his state planning is basically a will uh no, think of asset protection. Think about Medicaid coming after you and going through a half a million dollars you've acquired your whole life. He can help you with that. He can, of course do wills and trusts, that's his main deal. But the asset protection, lawsuit prevention power of attorney's medical directives, you get it. He does all that stuff. He's an expert here on the show, and we really like him. If you have any questions, call him up seven two zero eight two one seven six zero four or co plans dot co. Co Plans dot co. Now where are we going here? I got some lines open three oh three seven one three eight two five five. It's car day, Andy. What is your comment on off road four by four or automotive whatever they're called.
Speaker 3: And you also have a question about something? Go ahead?
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 11: So my comment is I went and looked at a pick up there once and they called me back the next day and was like, hey, we got you approved, zero down your payings like a hundred bucks a month. And I was like, well, how'd you get me approved? Well, we just made up a social Security number and did the numbers, and I was like, what is with you?
Speaker 4: So they basically just ran it through some finance company just to get the numbers, and that that's that is the oddest thing ever. I mean, these guys, hey, I looked it up. By the way. So, according to an AI overview, while some small businesses survived Chapter eleven bankruptcy, the success rate is low. Studies indicate that only about ten percent of Chapter eleven filings result in a successful reorganization. Ninety percent end up in a Chapter seven and are dismissed altogether. So the chances of coming out of a Chapter eleven and I'm not trying to pooh pooh anybody out there, but it is extremely hard and almost never happens, especially if they end up owing the irs money, employees money, it's just crazy. Or if it's all secure debt. You know, you don't have to play ball with these people. In fact, you don't have to say, Okay, we're gonna go ahead and knock your debt down. Usually the vendors will do that because they want something instead of nothing, but in general they just can't do it. Randy, it says you got another question as well, what is it?
Speaker 11: Yeah, so I'm renting in last week my water heater started leaking, and I called the landlord and they sent the plumber out. The plumber showed up, took a picture, and left, and for ten days we don't have hot water.
Speaker 4: It's still leaking, or I mean it is it shut off so it's not leaking anymore.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's leaking all the water.
Speaker 3: It probably needs a new one.
Speaker 4: So when you call it up, do you have a management company or a direct connection to the landlord. What kind of place is it? It's a house, okay, so is it a management company?
Speaker 11: No, just a landlord.
Speaker 3: So what's he telling you or she?
Speaker 11: He just said, we're waiting on the warranty company. But it's been ten days and like the floors all warped because we didn't know it started leaking in the middle of the night. Yeah, and we woke up and the floors all warped. Water ran into our bathroom. I think it's getting pretty bad.
Speaker 4: But that's all done. It's not right now. The main problem is you just simply don't have hot water. What kind of hardwood is it?
Speaker 3: Like oak? Or you don't know, it's just landing it.
Speaker 4: Oh, okay, that's probably destroyed. Then I was going to say some wood. It's pretty remarkable. I've seen wood that gets kind of crazy man from flooding, and then like three months later you can barely tell. I mean it like regains its shape or whatever. I don't mind having one of the guys call over. Bo, you want to call over.
Speaker 10: I got a question for Randy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 10: So, Randy, where is the water heater.
Speaker 15: Leaking from from the bottom of the tank.
Speaker 10: Is it dripping or spraying out?
Speaker 11: Uh, it's spring whatever, there's pressure on it.
Speaker 3: It's spring, but with the probably rotted right.
Speaker 16: The bottom of the tank as sediment, and it needs to be replaced right away. So I'm happy to call over to your management company because that lands like is it the landlord?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you want to do that, Randy. I don't see any harm and it's not like we're going to threaten him or anything. We're just gonna say, hey, you know, uh, well.
Speaker 5: He's been really nice.
Speaker 11: I was just wondering, like, how long can they make us go.
Speaker 5: With no hop You just got it.
Speaker 4: You gotta stay on him how long? Well, hot water is a necessity. But here's the question. Do you want out of the lease? You probably don't hold on you bring up an interesting question, and I've got some thoughts on airbody hold type three oh three seven one, three eight, two five five. We got three hours coming up. Three oh three Martino, get those calls in right now.
Speaker 3: We'll see in a second.
Speaker 6: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: D News. You don't help.
Speaker 2: Runing s as fast as we can show. Shooter's gonna help coming man.
Speaker 17: This is the Troubleshooter Show Now, Tom Martinez, Welcome.
Speaker 4: Welcome, my friends to the only show of its kind. We're here to recoup stolen money from you. Maybe a bad contractor took money and never showed up. Maybe a bad car deal, a bad warranty which we have dealt with numerous times. Today we've been talking a little bit about off road four by four or automotive and Fort Lopton there in chapter eleven. We've had a lot of calls, a lot of complaints in the last month on these guys, and we've got a couple cases brew and hopefully we get a turnout today. I do got some lines that open three oh three seven, one, three eight, two five five. We'd love to hear from you. It's car day. Any car questions. Jeff Vick is here. I have got Kevin Hulkin here, I've got Suzanne's here, Deputy Bow, Deputy Dimitri Kelly. The whole gang is here to.
Speaker 3: Help you out.
Speaker 4: In fact, to the tune of over three hundred million dollars so far, cash, merchandise, exchanges, refunds.
Speaker 3: You get the idea.
Speaker 4: Now, Randy called in and Randy is a tenant at a house and he has not had hot water for ten days, and his question is you know how.
Speaker 3: Long is too long?
Speaker 4: Well, Randy, at this point you could probably start evicting yourself properly if you wanted to.
Speaker 3: But that's really where I want to go on this.
Speaker 4: I mean, you probably like the house, and it's not worth moving over this if it's going to be fixed fairly quick, right, Randy, I might not have him up, Kelly, tell me if he comes back up, we can still talk about it in general.
Speaker 3: Bo, how many renolds do you have? I have you got quite a shit?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I have seven single family homes.
Speaker 3: And then when they.
Speaker 4: Go when you have an issue with them, and let's say a water heater. Over the years you've had rentals long enough, I guarantee you've had them water heaters go out. What is an acceptable time as you as a landlord?
Speaker 3: What are your thoughts on it?
Speaker 16: I think when someone has no hot water, even in a small apartment building, that is a necessity.
Speaker 10: You have to get right on it.
Speaker 16: I normally you will get someone a tank installed within two three days max.
Speaker 3: Well from the hot shower.
Speaker 4: It sucks, you know, when you can't clean your clothes or your dishes properly, it sucks. Ten days is way too long. In fact, I wish he was still on because I would have you.
Speaker 3: Call over landlord. The landlord I want figured it out.
Speaker 16: And look at the landlord as losing a lot of money with the damage the water heaters causing by destroyer.
Speaker 3: Well he said it was all shut off now that that damage is atually done.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Randy called back, I'll talk to your landlord.
Speaker 3: And his real question was how long is too long?
Speaker 4: And that's very interesting question because with water and say heat and different things like that, you could basically do a self help eviction. And what that means is you can get yourself out of the current lease without any negative ramifications. In other words, they can't put it on your rental record as anything bad.
Speaker 3: You just do it properly. They have to give back your deposit. You can do everything like that.
Speaker 4: The problem with that is usually it's not worth it because you've got to go out, you've got to find a new place, you got to move, you got to do whatever there is. Did you ever have anybody bo out of curiosity do that to you.
Speaker 10: No, because I'm a good landlord. Yeah, I take care.
Speaker 16: I take care of the tennis and when they have an issue, I don't want anything to ask Slade where they end up calling the city and they're they're paying your rent, they're paying your mortgage. They're like a customer. You got to take to me. It's like a customer.
Speaker 3: Did you get screwed over during a COVID at all. No, I was.
Speaker 10: It was very fortunate. Been through a couple evictions in my time, but nothing through.
Speaker 4: What's the worst eviction did they did? They wreck the place too. I'm just curious from a loanlord one person.
Speaker 16: In fact, I'm going to mediation next week on It happened about a year ago.
Speaker 10: She was a ward to her.
Speaker 16: And uh I had to do the eviction. I had to get the sheriff out and the.
Speaker 4: Street literally had to escort her out. Yes, she waited to that point, and she was.
Speaker 3: Knowing the sheriff was coming.
Speaker 10: It was like Kevin's situation.
Speaker 16: She had a sign going up and down the streets and how bad we were and how unfair.
Speaker 10: But what happened.
Speaker 16: The sheriff only gave us like an hour hour and a half to move her out, and she had so much stuff I had to get to roll off dumpsters and it ended up costing me approximately fifteen thousand dollars When it was all.
Speaker 3: Said, so you're going after for that fifteen k.
Speaker 10: Yes, it's been going to cases, going to mediation. This happened about a year and a half ago.
Speaker 3: I'm going to mediation was it nasty hoarding?
Speaker 10: It was just boxes of stuff.
Speaker 16: It wasn't like dirty or nasty, but it was just stuff piled up to the ceiling.
Speaker 10: I had to hire. We started out with two guys. We ended up with six guys.
Speaker 3: That's insane.
Speaker 4: Suzanne and I helped this lady move that turned out to be the strangest hoarder I've ever seen. What was her name, Suzanne, God, I can't think of that name either. When it comes to me, it'll hit me. It still gives me the heavy gebis. But all she would hoard was new stuff. So she had one guest room in this apartment fully filled up fully to the ceiling of brand new stuff dating way back to even Montgomery wards. She would have pleather purses that were marked down to two dollars all over the place, back to the ceiling. I have never seen so much junk in my life. And she turned out to be a nightmare. She ended up saying that one of our friends had helped us help her move. Daphne was like stealing some of her stuff. We weren't stealing it. We were throwing away the crap that wouldn't fit in her new place. Her new place was only a single bedroom. When I checked a mail for she had a bunch of checks for What the hell were those checks for? I think they were from Uncle Sam.
Speaker 3: So yeah, they were like, I don't know.
Speaker 18: She was just trying to say, you were breaking a federal law.
Speaker 4: Yes, I was breaking a federal law. Looking through her mail. The woman just went completely psycho when her two dollars pleather purse ended up in the trash can.
Speaker 3: She came unglueded all of us.
Speaker 4: I've never had a situation where we tried to help people like that. Have you guys ever helped somebody out they couldn't afford.
Speaker 3: Like a car repair? I know you have. But then there then it turns like into a nightmare.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you own the car. So a month later they're back for more and more. And the one lady actually brought her son's car in to see if we can help him and.
Speaker 3: Help him out, help him out, help her.
Speaker 8: He helped her out, and then it's it's something you don't want to get started.
Speaker 4: Oh it's crazy, man, I mean a nightmare tenant like you were talking about. Bo I feel bad for you, man, that sucks. I wonder if she even has a fifteen grand.
Speaker 19: Uh.
Speaker 16: Well, when she did the lease, we my sister had her daughter co sign on lease. So we're actually going after the co signer.
Speaker 3: Oh good, because they probably have the money.
Speaker 10: You have the money, all right.
Speaker 4: So Kevin, Jeff, what's the worst you guys have ever dealt with as far as like an unruly customer?
Speaker 5: You guys are looking at I mean you always get those ones that.
Speaker 3: Did you ever have anybody threaten you?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I definitely I had somebody in the threat he was gonna come over. He's gonna shoot me and then blow up the shop. Wow, and blow up and blow up the shop. So not only would you be dead, but your shop will be blown up. That's a pretty that's a good one, man. I can't top that. I had a lady at my Montbello store. She got really mad.
Speaker 4: We left the oil cap off and she came back, and you know, there was plenty of oil. It's only like two minutes, but there was some oil around, And so I got her a new cap, put it on, and I said bring it over to that car wash. They'll steam clean, it'll be like new. And she's like, no, I want that oil change for free. And I want this, and then she had this whole list. I said, the only thing you're getting for free is bring it over that car wash and they'll steam clean it for you, and I'll pay for that. I'm not going to refund this and pay yeah, and do this. You guys are not. She goes, I'm gonna go. She says, Okay, i'll see you in a few minutes. I'm gonna go get my brother. And I'm like, yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever, Sure enough, man. She came back probably forty five minutes later with two big dudes. Man, and they came in and I was like, I'm not playing. I literally put our phone on speakerphone and dialed nine to one one and.
Speaker 3: Those two took off. They're like, well, well we don't want any trouble.
Speaker 4: You got to go, and they all ran, probably had warrants out on them, but they didn't threaten to blow me up.
Speaker 3: Kevin. How about you?
Speaker 8: I think the worst I had there was a cell phone was missing out of a car that was in our parking lot for two weeks, and they thought, you guys took it, and exactly, you know, since it's not there, we must have taken it. Why would I take us. What am I going to do with somebody else's cell phone?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can't. I mean really, these states phone it's locked. There's nothing you can do with it.
Speaker 8: So, you know, the guy was trying to get me, I think, to escalate it because every time I try to walk away from me, step in front of me.
Speaker 3: I can't see. I can't.
Speaker 4: Can you picture Kevin escalating a circumstance. I can't picture he got me close? Did he really well up blocking my path?
Speaker 5: You know? And I was like, buddy, you gotta go. Yeah, that little turn around and he you know, he's just.
Speaker 8: Trying to get your movement to make contact, and I was trying really hard not to. So the same thing. I put speakerphone on a diwed nine to one one. Yeah, and he's standing right there the whole time.
Speaker 5: He never left.
Speaker 3: He's stuck. Wow.
Speaker 8: So they came out through him out you know, uh, you know, eighty six them. I guess he can't come back on the property in the whole bit. But yeah, he was completely insane over his son's cell phone. I mean, how many kids leave his cell phone a car for two weeks?
Speaker 4: Anyway, you know, we've had you know, most of the unruly customers. I don't know, there's not There really isn't a lot of problem childs in the world if you think of how many people walk through your door and any retail business.
Speaker 5: But that's how you handle it too. Don't let it get there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean some of them, but some you can't.
Speaker 5: I think ninety nine percent of them.
Speaker 8: You just I give you that. Let him vent, you know, get it out, agree with him, disagree with whatever you're going to do. But it's all on how you handle it.
Speaker 3: No, it is true.
Speaker 4: You've got to de escalate it as best you can.
Speaker 5: Understand why they're frustrated.
Speaker 3: There's circumstances though that uh, they're pretty hard to deal with. I mean there really are.
Speaker 4: This wasn't really an unruly one, but I was out of town and my store manager for one of my computer stores, the one in Parker. You know, this is going back to probably like two thousand and two. We had a computer come in and he was getting an upgrade and we had to transfer the data from one hard drive to the other. And we have certain programs that do this depending on what the date is. Are you doing an exact replica or you just copying a file whatever. So he's transferring over some files. Man, and this guy had he had child porn on there. Oh yeah, it was crazy man. And basically we ended up getting the cops involved. So once again, this isn't an unruly customer. But in hindsight, I always wondered, there's so many different things to think about in a situation like that.
Speaker 15: One.
Speaker 4: I wasn't there, I was the owner. I should have got that phone call from my employee. But it really wasn't his fault. We were in Mexico and this is back when you know, you simply weren't going to call us. So he ends up calling the police and you guys, tell me, tell me your thoughts on this, and the police get involved, they take the guy's computer. Of course, the guy's upset, but he's way more upset than he's facing some serious stuff.
Speaker 3: At this point.
Speaker 4: But Mike at the time had well he still has a younger sister, but at the time his sister was like ten or twelve or eleven or whatever age. So I mean it really hit home with him.
Speaker 5: His sister in those images. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: So I started thinking, though, it's like, how does that look for a data center? How does it look on me as the owner of a computer store, like you don't necessarily when you transfer stuff, depending on how you're doing it, you're generally not going to be seeing the actual images.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. There's ways you will see them.
Speaker 4: You can see thumbnails of them, there's ways you just see the title.
Speaker 3: And I never really asked Mike this. It might have just.
Speaker 4: Been the titles that he was like, well that's a strange title, and then just looks at it pure curiosity. But regardless, really what I was thinking from the business standpoint, nothing to do with the scumbag that had these photos, but from the business standpoint, that looks you. That makes you look a little strange as someone that copies data. You guys following me like, why the hell were you looking at my data? Does that mean this company even if I don't have stuff like that or illegal images? Are they looking at my finances? Are they looking at this? Are they looking at that? So it put me in a precarious situation period, I mean, what are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 8: Seriously, it's a good question that that he's got to answer. How did you come about looking at because you're right, what about sometimes financials.
Speaker 5: Sometimes you just stumble upon something though. I mean, if this guy came in and he's got a body in the trunk and we had to go looking for the key, looking for the.
Speaker 4: Hubcat key, you know what, I have a feeling what he saw is he's just you know, he's generally you know, Mike can work on ten computers at once with data transfers and stuff. I would assume picture an old dawscreen and the names of the files are just flying by, and I would guess a few of them caught your eye.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a few of them that probably would catch anybody's eye.
Speaker 4: And you know you saw him, and back then, I mean whatever, it didn't matter.
Speaker 3: I mean I always wondered what happened to that guy?
Speaker 4: All right, I got to take a break three o three seven to one three eight two five five. If you're a business owner, I would love to know about a horrible customer over the years I've had him.
Speaker 3: I mean, that guy. I didn't deal with him face to face. I wasn't.
Speaker 4: But that's truly a horrible customer. No no matter how you look at it. There's so many bad ones out there, I mean, really, but once like Kevin said maybe one out of one hundred. Actually, really i'd say more like one out of a thousand are really bad. But man, when you get them and some of them don't go away three zero three seven one three talk.
Speaker 6: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three o three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 4: Two three seven one three A two five five three oh three Martino, you know, if you don't watch us and listen to us on YouTube, you miss a lot. You do miss the show within the show. These guys know what I'm talking about. There's no cussing behind the scenes ever, right, guys.
Speaker 5: I'm amazed, So you could turn it off and turn it on as well as you do.
Speaker 4: I've heard that, actually, I've heard a lot of people say that, I don't know how I do that.
Speaker 3: I really don't.
Speaker 5: As long as I know. You've only slipped the one time.
Speaker 3: Oh man, no, no, no, on air right here. I was trying to tell you about that the other day. I doubt, I doubt this happened. But if it did, what happened there.
Speaker 5: Was you had a caller who used it was either the S word or the B S word, and so you had to nix him. So you put them on there, You put the and then Tom says, why what happened? And you said, oh, he said, and then you actually said.
Speaker 4: The word mar This was like in the last four I believe it. So I dump him because he says s h. And then Tom wonders why I dumped him, and Tom's remote and.
Speaker 3: Says, what did he say? And then then I simply say the words and had to dump myself.
Speaker 5: No, it was called Dragon fixed you Dragon caught it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but then you just walked out of the room because you were just mortified.
Speaker 3: I think I literally turned red, didn't you did? God, that's bad.
Speaker 4: I left here one time real quick, then I'll hop to the phone. So there was another time. It's been well over a year. On break, I was talking to Tom, he was remote, and I hit the damn on button. And you guys know this, If it's blue, you're on air. And we're a live radio station. When that light's blue, you are on air. And I said the F word. And because it was during break, my boardop was not in there. He was in the head and it went out. There's no doubt it went out. I marched right to the preval's office and told her, in fact, she's probably never had a host in her life walk in and admit exactly what happened before someone rats you out, but it happened. I went right there. But the funniest part was I'm leaving after the show. So it's two o'clock and I walk out the front door to the circle. Dave Logan's walking in and he is laughing his ass off.
Speaker 3: Good job Major.
Speaker 4: I've heard, you know, we've all screwed up on air saying something, but I never heard anybody do it right door in a commercial.
Speaker 3: Good job, high five, and he's laughing his ass Yeah, I know.
Speaker 4: He told me in that same conversation he was doing a live remote somewhere, probably a football or basketball some game. Whatever he does, and he did during a live broadcast he said something he shouldn't have, but I'm not going to remind him.
Speaker 3: Hey, Neil, what's going on with you man?
Speaker 15: Neil?
Speaker 3: Yes, Neil, how are you, sir? What's your question?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 15: Good Mark? Thanks? My question is this, I've got an upgrade computers, you know, from Windows ten to Windows eleven. Yeah, and so I'm wondering if you would have any recommendations of someone that might be able to guide me into the computer that I need for what I use it for?
Speaker 4: You mean, what kind of you mean? What kind of system should you buy?
Speaker 3: Yeah? What kind of a What kind of stuff do you do?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 15: I just do like emails, online shopping. I have online banking accounts.
Speaker 20: You know.
Speaker 4: So you're not doing any kind of weird like, you know, video rendering or anything crazy.
Speaker 3: You're not a gamer?
Speaker 15: No, no, no, So it's just the basic stuff.
Speaker 3: Do you want a small one?
Speaker 15: Well, I would really like a desktop. I have a Dell twenty five inch desktop right now, and I'd kind of like to stick with a desktop.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd go honestly, I'd go to Microcenter. They sell a lot of Dell's and I'll give you an idea of what processor. I'm just seeing what they have in stock while we're actually talking. Hold on, I'm sorry, man, I love when I do stuff like this on the air. I bitch you, Tommy, like, hey, we can work on that at a different time. But basically, you need like a four hundred dollars system, man, and Microcenter will have a nice Dell I do like Dell's as well, or buy it directly from Dell. But really you don't need anything. Well, if you're getting a monitor and stuff, I'm not talking about that, but just the box. And you could even get a small form factor now, meaning you don't necessarily even need a desktop. I'm not saying a laptop. But they have little things the size of like a book, like a small dictionary that worked very well. I mean, they work perfectly. That's what I have at my house for it now, and there's multiple brands that make it. Dell makes one as well. Then they have a medium form factor that's like a big dictionary, like a hard back dictionary. But you don't need a full tower. There's no purpose in it. And they're all going to come with the newest version of Windows. But really you don't need. You don't need anything. Whatever you get is going to do everything you're doing, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 15: Right, Yeah? And I would also need someone maybe to help me set it up and to transfer all my stuff for my old computer to my new computer.
Speaker 7: Would you use do we still?
Speaker 3: Who do we have on there?
Speaker 14: Mark?
Speaker 3: I don't think we have anyone. But doesn't Microcenter do that?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Mike?
Speaker 4: Actually yeah, Microcenter does do it. All you got to do is bring the old one in. They do it for a very cheap price. Absolutely. Here's an idea of one that would just be perfect for you. It's called a power Spec. It's not a Dell, but it's built by Microcenter. It's a good I've bought these before in the past, but basically it's an Intel Core I five and sixteen gigabytes, a RAM five hundred gigabytes solid state drive. This thing's gonna blow anything away. You can imagine. It's five hundred and ninety nine bucks out the door, man, I mean that's kind of the price range you're in. Anything over six hundred you're just wasting your money. You're not going to see a difference from what you do.
Speaker 3: But either in.
Speaker 4: AMD rising or you know, an Intel Core I five or above, so an I seven and I five. But that's all i'd look at. For what you're doing, it's gonna be so much better than what you have. You're gonna be so happy. It's crazy. Man, you don't need a two thousand dollars computer. So i'd i'd head down there. If you're gonna buy it that day, bring your box with you now and tell them what you want, transferre it over.
Speaker 3: They'll do it all for you, man.
Speaker 15: And then where do where is this place located?
Speaker 4: Mark micro Center? It's in the tech center. It's basically I two twenty five in Quebec.
Speaker 3: Is that right? Guys? What no parkway and two twenty five.
Speaker 15: Okay, I know exactly where that is. Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's a big joint too.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 3: It's like it's like, uh, I don't know. It's a big place. It's not like Walmart size.
Speaker 5: But it's a big grocery store.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's an old school grocery stott. Don't bring a lady, Neil, it's boring for ladies.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: She hates going there.
Speaker 4: And by the way, they don't open untill ten o'clock, which I find absurd. It drives me crazy. I hope he helped you out. Kelly. Maybe give Neil Microcenter's phone number address, or actually Neil, it's Microcenter dot com. It's that easy, man, and you can switch over to their Denver location and see what's in stock. But the power Spec brand is good for what you do. It's really good. Now, listen, we have a property tax question, we have a navigation system question, and we have a transmission fluid question.
Speaker 3: Everybody hold tight.
Speaker 6: Go with a short Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 14: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 6: Time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: All right three O three seven one three A two five five. If you don't listen to this show behind the show, what else can I say?
Speaker 4: I can't even discuss what we were just talking about. All right, let's see who's up here, who's been holding the longest. We're gonna go to Jim. Jim, what's your question on property taxes? By the way, Uh, speaking of that, everybody has basically to I think it's June eighth.
Speaker 3: But don't hold me to that. If you want to.
Speaker 4: Dispute your property taxes, you've got till June eighth, So you better get to your county website and do it.
Speaker 3: But what say you, sir?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 15: Hi, Mark, A quick question for you. So it's kind of property tax related, but maybe not really. Anyway, I have some bacont land up in Park County.
Speaker 5: This land was.
Speaker 15: Purchased by my father like decades ago, and a couple of years ago he quit claims the land over to me. I've since come to realize the tax implications of that, in that it resets the cost basis if I should ever go to sell the land.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and for people and for people listening and they're thinking, hey, I want to give my kids the family house or whatever house it happens to be or in, and they decide to do exactly what Jim's talking about, quit claim it.
Speaker 3: It does.
Speaker 4: It resets and you will have no tax benefit whatsoever. In fact, a complete opposite. It can end up costing a ton of money. But yeah, and I assume the quick claim deed actually got filed.
Speaker 15: Right, Yeah, And so I think I know the answer.
Speaker 3: But yeah, is there anything you can do? You know what?
Speaker 4: I can't think of a damn thing you can do. But I would like to ask Brad O'Brien. So, hold on, what's that he's on vacation?
Speaker 3: Do it next week?
Speaker 4: You know, what does a what does I'm trying to think of what a real estate A guy that lives, breathes, talks nothing but real estate. Ever when it comes to being an attorney in real estate, he's the best I ever heard of. I'm gonna give you Kelly's gonna give you his number, Jim. He's on vacation, so I'm going to put you on hold Kelly, make sure he gets that number. But certain people, you try to envision what is their vacation, Like Shannon, for instance, I can't imagine when Shannon goes on vacation what that looks like.
Speaker 3: Does he go to the world's largest Golden Corral? Yeah, the Golden Corral?
Speaker 4: Do you go on a road trip and hit multiple golden corrals, like, what does a vacation look like to you?
Speaker 8: Well, I'm not happy at work or away from work, I might as well be here at work.
Speaker 4: Okay, So he doesn't go on vacation is the answer. And then I look at other people like Jeff. I know what a good vacation to Jeff is. I mean, it could be it could be hunting zebras in the Sahara or something. It could be a hunting trip, it could be a four wheel tour trip. It could be a lot of different things. But like, I can't see you on a carnival cruise ship.
Speaker 5: I took one cruise and that will be my last. That's about most of us are like that.
Speaker 3: And then Kevin, I don't know what he would do.
Speaker 4: I look, you'd probably more like the relaxation, maybe an all inclusive.
Speaker 8: Yep, I'm a nothing vacation guy. Yeah, somewhere into absolutely nothing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, lay out on a beach in Hawaii and just, you know, sit on a drink and watch the world go by.
Speaker 20: That's it.
Speaker 13: Dmitri, I have no idea. What's your idea? I don't really have an idea. I don't go on vacations. I mean, I'm totally content with my life.
Speaker 3: Actually sounds like he doesn't go on vacations.
Speaker 10: No serious, I you know.
Speaker 13: And if I go away, let's say I go to the mountains and rent a place for a few days. Yeah, I find myself doing exactly the same thing. You're paying for it, but paying for it, and I don't have all my stuff to read.
Speaker 3: We love traveling, Susanna and I. We love motor home vacations.
Speaker 4: We love Vegas vacations, we love Nashville vacations. We just love traveling. I mean, we just love everything. Rob, what's going on with you?
Speaker 21: Hello?
Speaker 3: Hey Rob?
Speaker 20: Yes, Hi, Hi Mark, thanks for taking the call.
Speaker 3: Sure, what's your question.
Speaker 20: I have a twenty eleven Toyota Hollander with a navigation system. Okay, and I'm getting this message where it says unable to read data. It uses a disc. The disc is new, the disc is clean.
Speaker 3: But it won't read what's on the disc.
Speaker 20: It's not reading what's on the disc.
Speaker 4: There's a problem with it itself, meaning it's not the disc. The unit's no good, right, I mean, think about it.
Speaker 3: It's a fourteen year old CD or DVD player. I mean that's really what it comes down to. It's broke.
Speaker 4: You can probably the good news is guys chime in here. But for example, if you go to UH car dash Parts dot Com, you could put in twenty eleven Highlander and it's going to find that navigation system at a salvage yard somewhere across the country.
Speaker 3: And I would assume that is not a sought after item. It's probably maybe one hundred bucks or what do you guys think?
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you can find it, you know, the problem is it is that age.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the same age.
Speaker 5: It's the same age. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, because if he tried updating everything else, then yeah, he's got to he's.
Speaker 3: Got and he's gonna and it's it's yeah, there's something corrupting there, or the actual laser is not reading the disc.
Speaker 4: That's usually the biggest point of failure. You're not going to get that one repaired. The other thing is, I mean car toys, all these places have aftermarket ones. Amazon's got aftermarket ones that'll even just plug into the cigarette later and have a six or seven inch screen for like, you know, one hundred and twenty five bucks.
Speaker 3: Or you can get into some of the garment stuff that's five six hundred bucks, or just use your phone with a phone mount Mark phone mount.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, that's another way. Just Google Maps works great. But Rob, I don't think you're going to bring it anywhere to get it fixed. But that car Dash Parts, so Car Dash sign Parts dot Com. It'll search almost every salvage yard in the country. And it'll also tell you what condition the parts in. So if it's in premium condition or whatever they want to call it, and you get it and it doesn't work, well, you'll get your money back from that place. But I can't imagine it's more than one hundred bucks.
Speaker 3: What were you going to say, Jess?
Speaker 20: Any ideas on installation costs if I find one?
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey, that's a good question.
Speaker 8: I mean I don't think it's a big deal, you know, And I'm looking them up real quick. They're about three hundred bucks because they come as part of the radio. Oh it's the whole it's the whole assembly. You get with or without navigation, So it's.
Speaker 4: Three hundred bucks with navigation. And then so Rob, I mean three hundred bucks. You're going to keep this Highland or that damn thing probably go half a million miles and you like the system. Three hundred bucks isn't bad, Kevin. I mean, I don't think you guys would do it, But I mean I don't know if Car Toys actually.
Speaker 5: He does a lot of those that kind of thing.
Speaker 3: They might swap it out for if.
Speaker 5: You call them, and they're very good at it.
Speaker 3: That's all they do.
Speaker 5: If he goes and gets a newer system, that three hundred bucks will go a long way. You know, you can get a newer system that's gonna benefit you a lot better.
Speaker 3: It can fit into that hole.
Speaker 5: Somebody will have something that fits into that hole.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I go up to car I like that.
Speaker 4: I go up to car Toys and say, look, I need a new NAV system. I can buy this exact one for three hundred How much to put it in or what do you guys suggest? I would there's one up at the mall there everywhere. And then real quick and I got to take a break, Mike. But hey, Mike, what car rental car company? Do you have a problem with? What's it called?
Speaker 15: Oh? Well, we'll say here's how it went.
Speaker 3: I no, no, I just want the name of the company right now. What is it?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 15: Okay, it's called Route's car rental.
Speaker 4: I have not heard of that one. It could be good, it could be bad. Everybody hold tight.
Speaker 6: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 14: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 6: Wait time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: All right three three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 4: One of our referral list members texted Suzanne something interesting. I haven't looked it up myself, but Suzanne tell them what they said.
Speaker 18: It says a water heater is now an uninhabitable situation. It needs to be fixed within forty eight hours. You'll also need to provide alternate accommodations to the tenant if they have a dog. It must be a dog friendly hotel and it must be within five miles of the property, and it must have a kitchenette.
Speaker 3: And who's that from? This is from Denver real estate moguls. Oh, that's all they do for a living.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So when I say, they know what we're talking about. And the only reason I'm bringing this up. We had a caller that's been going ten days in a house without hot water, So hopefully you heard that. That's a statute now, so they have basically forty eight hours given normal circumstances like during COVID would be different or something, but ten days is completely unacceptable. He's could be putting you up in a hotel if you guys want that, and a lot.
Speaker 3: Of other stuff.
Speaker 4: So hopefully that guy's still looking now, Mike, what is going on with this rental car company?
Speaker 15: Well, so what it was was I went to a service called Economy Booking, gave them all my information, address, phone number, everything, so they knew I was from Colorado. Yeah, I book a rental car. Don't know who the company is?
Speaker 3: So what is it like?
Speaker 4: Is it like I want to hold on, Mike? Is it like something like Priceline? You go through and agree and you have no idea who the company or airline is till the end.
Speaker 15: That's exactly what it was?
Speaker 3: Was it price line?
Speaker 22: Uh?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I mean I'm not done Priceline, but I know how it worked.
Speaker 4: Yeah no, no, I mean but Mike, what how did you go through it? If it wasn't Priceline dot com?
Speaker 3: Who was it?
Speaker 15: Oh it's called economy booking.
Speaker 4: Thank you? So what happened at the end? You figured out what?
Speaker 15: Well? So economy booking sends me to uh uh uh, this route's car rental.
Speaker 4: Car rental, but routes car rental and what what city is it in? Wre you even doing this?
Speaker 15: Well?
Speaker 9: This was down a d I A got it.
Speaker 15: So we were we were driving to Nebraska and I didn't want to take my own car, so we rent a car and show and so I took to the routes Reynolds and they say, well, we won't rent you because you're in state.
Speaker 3: And it's like, okay, hold on, hold on, hold on, listen. We've got a lot coming up.
Speaker 4: We've got one line open three zero three, Martino, Tom, you boys coming up right after the break, three zero three Martino, Patrick, Ryl, Mike, you'll be We're going to help you out with this rental car and a lot more on Car Day right here on the Troubleshooter Network.
Speaker 6: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 14: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 6: Three time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three.
Speaker 3: Oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 2: Two year Ripped News need advice so you don't have come run in just as fast as you can. Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 3: Come Dix is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 6: No Tom Martinez, Hey Tom Martino. Here, it's Car Friday, Car Day.
Speaker 3: Welcome.
Speaker 6: We got Kevin Calkin, Jeff vic from Jeff Vick Kimmeer Transmission, Kevin Calkin shared an auto Tech. We love these guys and we have a host of deputies. We have Deputy boone in the studio along with Deputy D for Dimitri, and then we have Deputy Doc here with me. If you're streaming, you can see both wide shots and we're side by side.
Speaker 3: Now listen.
Speaker 6: Also, since it's car day, let's talk about One Clear Voice garage doors. Those are the people that will be at your door twenty four to seven for any garage door issue or just make a regular appointment. There's no easy way of putting this. They're the best. Go to their website. All their prices are there. Everything they do for your garage door, from an opener to a spring, to a hinge, to a motor to a whole complete opening system or door. One Clear Choice Stores dot Com.
Speaker 3: Welcome. Let's go to the phones.
Speaker 6: Mike had a problem or an issue with a rental car company. So I'm going to start fresh Mark Mike, because I wasn't here with Mark taking I think he took you initially. So Mike, let's talk about your car problem. What's going on with the rental car?
Speaker 15: Okay, Well, I think it's pretty simple. I am going to drive the Nebraska over the three or four day period and I don't want to take my own car. I want to rent a car. I go to a website called Economy Booking. They quote me a price of one hundred and sixty three bucks and they take all my information. Then I go down to pick up the car. I wait in an hour line. I get up there, they say, oh, we don't rent to people in state. In other words, but because I'm from Colorado, they won't rent a car to me. They won't rent a card of me. What economy, but.
Speaker 3: Hold oncomy, that's just very strange. Why is that? That just sounds very strange to me.
Speaker 15: They said it was something to do us. You know, Day had problems with stolen cars. I don't know what it is, but it does actually say on their website, both in Illinois and in Colorado, routes or rental car company will not rent they will not rent to someone in state who lives there. And I don't get it.
Speaker 6: Okay, So in other words, it's so.
Speaker 3: What's the big deal? Then say, okay, can go somewhere else, right.
Speaker 15: Well, except Economy Booking sends me to this place, knowing that I'm from Colorado, and they send me to a place that will not rent me the car, and now they won't get me a refund.
Speaker 6: How much did Economy Booking charge you?
Speaker 15: One hundred and sixty three dollars eighty eight cents.
Speaker 6: Now, can you explain to me why you went through this place called Economy Booking and not directly to an agency.
Speaker 15: I because I'm foolish and I wanted to get ripped off.
Speaker 9: I guess it was.
Speaker 3: Well, no, Economy Booking.
Speaker 6: Economy Booking is kind of like is kind of like a third party site like for booking airlines or hotels or stuff like that. Because Economy Booking, right, that's exactly what they are. So Economy Booking charged you up front?
Speaker 3: Did they say what that charge was for?
Speaker 15: Well, I was, you know, according to the book, was it to rent a car?
Speaker 6: Or did they say did they say it was for renting a car or for their service?
Speaker 15: Well, that's a good question. I was under the impression that it was too for the car rental, in other words, that I was going to get the car rental for that price and that's a great price.
Speaker 6: And that was the one that was the one hundred and sixty three dollars they charged you.
Speaker 15: Exactly how did you pay?
Speaker 6: How did you pay that? You took the words out.
Speaker 3: Of my mouth. Yeah, did you did you put? Okay, what credit card?
Speaker 15: Who els Fargo?
Speaker 5: Is it a card or.
Speaker 3: A debit card. Just dispute it.
Speaker 15: A credit card not a debit card.
Speaker 3: Just well dispute it. You're done.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I mean I'm disputing it. But I mean doesn't that seems strange? So it feels like it's a racket that you know.
Speaker 6: Hey, no, no, Mike, Mike, Mike, listen, it's not a racket.
Speaker 3: Let me explain something.
Speaker 6: First of all, I don't like third party booking. I don't even like them with with Expedia and all those, I don't like them, but I do use them. Here's what I want to tell you. They have no idea about the terms and conditions of anything. They simply took your name and sent you somewhere. It's no elaborate scheme. It's not like they're saying, hey, you know what, they won't rent to people in state, but we're not going to tell people that we're going to get as many people from Colorado as we can and rip them off. I mean, it's trust me, they're not doing that. It's an oversight. It's simply that's all it is. It's it's not a scam. It's an oversight. These people, you know, many times, for example, Expedia will book you a hotel and you have kids, and the hotel doesn't take kids.
Speaker 3: They don't look into it that deeply.
Speaker 6: That's why it always says that it's up to you to confirm terms and conditions. Whenever it comes to these third party booking sites. What I would do is contest it on the credit card.
Speaker 14: But I wouldn't get.
Speaker 3: Into a long story.
Speaker 6: I would simply say they did not provide you a service period.
Speaker 15: Yeah, yeah, okay, well you know, but I want to know something out of curiosity, Mike, had had you rented the car from the agency, how much more would you have had to pay than the one sixty three? Well, I don't know, because you know, I don't know what routes car rental works charge. I do know that we ultimately spent about twice that we just went to Enterprise and got the car, and I was just how much was it they?
Speaker 3: How much was it at Enterprise?
Speaker 15: It was three hundred Yeah.
Speaker 6: But you're you know what, you're with a good company. You're with a good company. It's worth doing and it sucks what you went through, but I think that it's a lesson learned. Listen, people, whenever you can deal directly with bookers, excuse me with the agency itself, whether it's a rental car, a hope, tell an airline, it's better. It's not more convenient, but it's better. Okay, Patrick, what's going on with you?
Speaker 3: Patrick?
Speaker 6: You have a question on transmission fluid. We got our experts here.
Speaker 23: Go ahead, h Yes, I'm about to change my transmission fluid and the filter and all that. The fluid still tank doesn't look or smell burnt or anything. Do you think I'd be good enough with just changing what's in the pan and the transmission or should I just go ahead and try?
Speaker 6: I want to ask a lot of questions first. I want to ask a lot of questions. First, you have a ninety two mercury topaz.
Speaker 3: Is that true? Ninety two?
Speaker 5: Yep?
Speaker 6: And how when was the last time that fluid was changed or flushed?
Speaker 12: Never?
Speaker 23: Everything on it when I got it is original. I had to do with fol tuna.
Speaker 15: It's got Oh my god, it's rolling up on sixty thousand miles.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm gonna give this to Jeff Vick real quick. Jeff vic if you add a ninety two mercury Topez never ever did anything to the transmission, what would you do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if the fluids in the condition he's stating it is has still got a good smell to it, there's no evidence of water or anything like that, then I would just do a simple pan drop and change the filter. And you know, when you drop the pan, if you see some sort of sediment in there, then that might be caused for concern, you know, address out as accordingly.
Speaker 23: That was my only question I appreciate.
Speaker 6: Okay, Now let me ask you something, Jeff. Are there any dangers in messing with a car that old or Kevin? I mean everything's original is does it go by miles or by thirty years?
Speaker 3: I mean, what is it going to it.
Speaker 5: Goes by both? I mean fluids themselves will absorb moisture out of time, just out of the atmosphere, so they need to be changed out. You know that few of miles on that car. It hasn't been driven a whole lot, so I would anticipate he's probably going to be experienced in some weeks as they start to drive this thing more often.
Speaker 6: Okay, so bottom line, he just goes ahead and services that car.
Speaker 3: Can you is that true? Just sixty thousand miles?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 3: Is that true? Are you sure that.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I'm sure of it.
Speaker 3: Wow, Wow, yeah, I mean I'm here.
Speaker 23: You know, everything inside is beautiful. It looks like it just came off the factory floor. Everything when I did the whole tune up, the spark plugs, the fuel filter and everything else was all original nineteen ninety two parts and everything, and it looked great.
Speaker 12: The how much did you pay for it?
Speaker 9: A little bit?
Speaker 11: I paid thirteen hundred dollars for it.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that is incredible.
Speaker 5: Pay close attention to your work with components. You know, they'll be taking great scrutiny over, you know, the hoses and belts, and particularly the tires. You know, if those tires are or you know, as old as the car, or probably at least half of it, I'd be swapping those out too.
Speaker 6: They drove this thing one hundred and fifty miles a month.
Speaker 3: If you averaged it out.
Speaker 12: I think it was I think an older lady on it, and.
Speaker 23: It lived in a garage its whole life. I did change the time, of.
Speaker 6: Course it was, and she was from Pasadena. If anybody, if anybody even knows what the hell I'm talking about, anybody over the age of twenty six is saying huh, a little old lady from Pasadena. So listen, I think that is that's a fine man. A nineteen ninety two Mercury Topaz. He paid thirteen hundred bucks. Guys, correct me if I'm wrong. If you did find a car like this with only sixty thousand miles even though it's that old, can he can he basically treat it like a sixty thousand mile car.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but you can until, like Jeff was saying, you have rubber components that will deteriorate just from age. You know, break parts in the mass, cylinder, wheel cylinders, you know things like that. You gotta be careful with some of the components. But yeah, I mean you drive it to and the only way you get to find him is driving it.
Speaker 3: But yeah, why not thirty three years old?
Speaker 6: I mean I want to I would love to hear from people who have old cars and high miles. Now, Roly Purefoy used to drive this red pickup that was coming up on a million miles.
Speaker 3: Isn't that it can be older? And Dragon?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think so?
Speaker 6: Hey, Dragon, you know how you like to torment us, You know, like you like to torment us with those sounds of the smoke.
Speaker 3: Alarm beeping what are you talking about? And chirping?
Speaker 6: You know that little sound that the smoke alarms make. You sometimes play it on the radio to drive people crazy.
Speaker 3: There it goes no clue.
Speaker 6: Well do you know what they're selling? And BO probably knows this, but I've never seen them before. And I came across two of in the last month where there are no replaceable batteries. You replace the entire unit and it's good for ten years. Bo, have they been around a long time?
Speaker 10: But is that the detectors that are good for ten years?
Speaker 16: You can't change the battery they've just gave out of a couple of years ago.
Speaker 10: And it's really good because most of that ideas.
Speaker 16: I like the long life of those things.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then it forces you to get a new one anyway, because don't smoke detectors get old after a while and their ability to sense gets less and less.
Speaker 16: They have a little heat sensor, and it's like any sensor, after about five or six years, it deteriorates and doesn't Okay, pick up as.
Speaker 3: Good as us, thank you. It's car day.
Speaker 6: Compass Insurance Group will do a free insurance checkup on your car, house, and anything you own to make sure you're not paying too much.
Speaker 3: It's a true objective look at what you're paying.
Speaker 6: Three h three nine nine six nine thousand The Insurance Healthcenter dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 14: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 6: Of time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three O three seven one three talk seven one three eighty five five.
Speaker 3: Cheryl, you're calling for a friend. What is going on with you? Cheryl? What's happening?
Speaker 22: Okay? So my friend and co worker is eighty one years old. She's had some heart problems and everything. Two years ago her apartment leaked and they moved her or they gave her a different apartment because of the mold that was growing in hers because of the leaks?
Speaker 3: Did she call us? Did she call us before?
Speaker 22: No, she's no, she hasn't contacted you.
Speaker 3: Okay. So they gave her another apartment, and then what happened?
Speaker 22: So a month ago the roof leaked and ran down the walls, into the carpet, the ceiling, everything ruined, a bunch of her stuff. And she has been trying to get them to do something.
Speaker 3: How long has she been in that apartment?
Speaker 22: This apartment two years? The apartment complex twelve years?
Speaker 3: Okay, gotcha?
Speaker 6: Oh, so she lived in that new she lived in that new apartment.
Speaker 3: And when did the leak happen?
Speaker 22: One month ago?
Speaker 3: One month ago?
Speaker 22: Okay, Yeah, so they haven't done anything to the apartment. And she said earlier this week, she was sitting there watching television and the hallway light popped and she went over and looked at it and it's.
Speaker 3: Full of water, and oh my goodness, oh my goodness.
Speaker 6: Okay, So here's what I want to know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what are they doing?
Speaker 22: Nothing? They're not answering her phone call, they're not calling her back. She got an email from a regional manager, but she cannot email her back. She went to what was supposed to be a local office for the rental of the management office. There was nothing there. She went down to she finally located them at deep PC, but nobody is there and the secretary that answers the phone doesn't know anything. Of course you.
Speaker 3: Have do you have a number? Do you have a number of a.
Speaker 6: A of a management company or a contact I even if she didn't get a response, do you have a contact name and number?
Speaker 22: Do you want the name of the management company? Yes, it is r P M Living.
Speaker 3: And who who at that management company? Okay? Rp so it actually has a website rpmliving dot com.
Speaker 15: Yes.
Speaker 3: Why why do you think they're ignoring her?
Speaker 22: We really don't know. I mean, because she is not physically able to do all the packing up and everything and moving again.
Speaker 19: And but I mean.
Speaker 22: She's had some health problems. She's she's in really bad shape, and she's.
Speaker 6: Completely Listen, I understand completely, Cheryl, listen, I understand completely, you know, and you're very kind for caring for her.
Speaker 3: Let's see if we can shake up things. We are really good at that. Yeah, bo, do you want to do that?
Speaker 10: It's not my Alley.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what, Cheryl, that's what we do.
Speaker 6: You know, I listen, and I don't want to toot our own horn, but too toot. I'm going to the bottom line is this. We make noise for people, you know, and I know there are a lot of you know, since since I started this fifty years ago, there are a lot of consumer reporters and all that. And the more the merrier, the more the merrier. But we make noise, and we're gonna make noise on this one. We're just gonna make noise. So you hang on. But he Bo's gonna talk to you and get the information we need.
Speaker 3: Okay. Three oh three.
Speaker 6: Seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Okay. Denverregen dot com is treating neuropathy. It is a very good thing with stem cell therapy and it's way way more effective than a lot of other therapies. If you have peripheral neuropathy, Denverregen dot com go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: Hi Tom Archino here, Welcome to this show.
Speaker 6: Harry wants to talk about or Harry has an issue with the house rental management coming.
Speaker 3: Let me explain something with rentals right now.
Speaker 6: Okay, we've had I'm gonna give you the history because I do have history in essence, even though Harry might not be calling about this. This used to be a state where being a landlord was easy. You could take advantage of renters, and I would rail against it because I thought it was unfair. Tenants basically had no rights whatsoever. No no one enforced any habitability, No one enforced anything. Deputy Bow, I think you're probably among us have the highest number of rental homes in the rental business. And I'll bet you you can attest to the fact that twenty years ago there were no rights for your tenants.
Speaker 10: Right, No, it was.
Speaker 16: It was pretty much. The landlord was in control of everything.
Speaker 3: Right, and if you were a bad landlord.
Speaker 6: If you were a bad landlord, no one really came and said, hey, naughty landlord, you better do better than this.
Speaker 3: They just never did. So you got away.
Speaker 6: And I'm not saying you, but when you're a bad landlord, you got away with it. And if you complained about something and you went to the health department and said, hey, I think this issue is unsafe. We even had cases where the health department would red flag the property and the person had to move, but they didn't make the landlord make improvements. The landlord waited a few weeks and rented to someone else.
Speaker 10: Yep.
Speaker 3: It was ridiculous.
Speaker 10: Okay, never fixed the problems.
Speaker 16: So in a way, Jack, it's good that tenants have more or I don't like if I'm glad tennis had more rights, but it's just because here's.
Speaker 6: What I want to talk about that then it went through. I think a big shift happened during COVID where ten is starting getting more and more rights. But it might have happened a little before that, but it was more like very subtle.
Speaker 3: But after COVID, there were a lot of lot.
Speaker 6: Of emphasis put on standards of habitability.
Speaker 3: What does that mean?
Speaker 6: That means that your home must have certain standards to be rentable. And if you don't have those standards, there is a way to get out of the lease or to withhold rent money. Now, most people do it the wrong way. That's why I did a social media post on how to do it the right way, and the only way is the right way.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 6: Now it got to a point where it's almost ridiculou lists the other way I mean, but at least so the pendulum swung from too many landlord rights to too many tenant rights somewhere in between.
Speaker 3: There's got to be an understanding.
Speaker 6: Bo As a landlord who's very seasoned and you have many properties, I can ask you things like this, what do you think would be fair for tenants and landlords when it comes to habitability?
Speaker 16: Well, you're right, the tenants just have too much going for them now. And I know in Denver a lot of landlords they're just packing up and selling their properties. And that's a detriment to the city County Denver folks, because there's just going to be less rentals out there.
Speaker 10: I'm thinking I would like to get out of it.
Speaker 16: There's it's just too much for the tenants and the landlords. With now that are making landlords become have real estate licenses, they want them to do inspections. Instead of a three day notice, it's a ten day notice. And then if you want to do something with your property, you have to find another find a living space for the tenant. It's just really hard to get tenants evicted. And people don't understand landlords. A lot of people think they're filthy rich people. But we have mortgages. You know, it's a small business.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I know most landlords.
Speaker 6: Most landlords are doing investments on the side and they're not big.
Speaker 3: Rich, wealthy people.
Speaker 6: Okay, let's go to Harry about a rental management company. By the way, rental management companies sometimes are the biggest problem, not the landlord themselves. These management companies sometimes to bite off more than they can chew, and they're not good management companies.
Speaker 3: Harry, explain your situation.
Speaker 19: All right, My son rent and the house he's deaf, he rented. He's in in there about to three years and he just moved out and we just got this security deposit returned. And there's a number of charges on there that I think are bogus, uh, and I just want to run them through you to see what I can do. Number one, Okay, charge him? Yeah, all right. Number one, they've charged him to replace all three outside locks, and when he left they're serviceable. I understand about replacing Loxton you go over one tenant because I used.
Speaker 15: To rent house.
Speaker 19: So what I'm planning on doing is writing a letter confesting this. And then I also they are charging for when they moved in. There's a place in the backyard that was just a stand, and now they're going to charging him three hundred and seventy five dollars to fix that. Then I don't know whether the three hundred and seventy five dollars is to have it fixed or they just brought chemicals, or whether they have chemicals. So I just want to know. Do you think I have a plan a good reason why, particularly for the three locks?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 6: Hold on, Harry, here's the bottom line. First and foremost, I want to make sure they did it correctly. How long did it take for them to return the deposit or the remaining deposit with the explanation?
Speaker 3: When did they do that.
Speaker 19: Within twenty days after they moved out.
Speaker 6: Okay, so they did that correctly. Now, yes, did they itemize each item?
Speaker 19: Well, the item says this has three lock, change, replaced window blinds, installed bedrooms or not. I understand about those two they and because they were wrong. And then as far as the were the trampoline and then she says it was trampoline. Trampoline was never over this brown spot. Now, my son did not take any pictures of that when they moved in, but according to his wife it was it was just stand when they moved in, and they just said weeds, grass missing and trampoline and dogs three seventy five.
Speaker 6: And okay, now, how much are they charging for the locks? How much are they charging for the locks?
Speaker 19: It's all ump together, the three locks, the two window blinds, and he installed the bedrooms a total of five hundred and eighty four dollars.
Speaker 6: Well, Harry, I'm going to give you my first blush answer, and that doesn't sound like they're trying to take advantage of anyone.
Speaker 19: But my question really locks.
Speaker 3: Why it's okay, I do have a bow.
Speaker 16: I'll tell you what I go ahead, we do, Harry, as a landlord, I would never charge a tenant to replace the lock, but we would probably charge to change the lock, which is a lot les as have been replacing a whole lock set, so.
Speaker 3: You may yeah.
Speaker 6: What I don't understand is why are why are they replacing them?
Speaker 3: To begin with?
Speaker 16: I can tell you why, Tom, because if the Tennis do not return all the keys to us, we have to for the safety of the new tenant coming in.
Speaker 19: They were given two keys and they replaced They replaced two keys. Now I understand I used to rent and when someone moved out, I would change the locks just for the security of the new renter. But I've never charged the people leaving to replace those locks. That was something that I figured as a responsibilit landlord, it was my responsibility to make the security of the new renters.
Speaker 6: Okay, right, But here's what you called about. You called for our opinion, but also for what you would do. And here's how you're handling it. I mean, here's how I would handle it, and Harry, you're going about it the right way. What you do is itemized specifically the parts that you feel well he should not be responsible for and why, and then simply ask for that amount of money back. If they do not respond, then you take them to small claims court. You're not going to have a treble damages situation here because they did everything correctly.
Speaker 3: But you will be able to get that back.
Speaker 6: If the court agrees with you, and it's right within small claims court. So you would have to figure out what part of that amount of five hundred dollars is for the three locks. For example, if it's three hundred dollars, then you sue for three hundred. But first you have to itemize and send it back to them, and you have to say I want this return. I do not believe we should be as a tenant responsible for replacing locks. Now here's what I don't understand, and I still don't understand the reason they gave. Did they say they needed to rekey everything and they could not re keep.
Speaker 3: Them or they were not serviceable?
Speaker 6: What reason did they give for the replacement?
Speaker 19: There was no reason. It just said replaced the locks. And they charged two hundred and seventy dollars for labor, and then three hundred and fourteen dollars for the three locks and two window blinds and a door handle, which that's all I want, and I give one.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, doctor, go ahead, doctor, I.
Speaker 1: Can't just to give my point of view, How do they know that your son did not make copies of the keys?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: But does every landlord charge for locks? I mean, that's what I'm getting at. You're right, Doc, there's no way to know that. But under that reasoning, then every landlord's your charge for every lock every time someone moves Well, I don't know if they can. Bo.
Speaker 10: Yes, Bo.
Speaker 6: Let me ask you, Bo, You've been in the business long enough.
Speaker 3: What do you think would happen?
Speaker 6: Do you think landlords have a right to charge for new locks.
Speaker 10: In certain situations?
Speaker 16: Yes, if there's a problem tenant, a lot of people going in and out.
Speaker 10: Like I said, we.
Speaker 16: Didn't get all of our original keys back, we would change the locks. In fact, we would change not change the locks, change the keys, the pins and the lock. But I've never charged the tenant and unless there was some extraordinary circumstance.
Speaker 6: Listen, I think it's going to be a case by case. It's going to be a case by.
Speaker 16: Case, I think, and just say, hey, how about we just split the lock deal?
Speaker 10: You know, I don't think they should, or you.
Speaker 6: Just say look, or just Harry start out by saying, you know, as your son right for him.
Speaker 3: They're not going to talk to you that.
Speaker 6: I do not believe I should be responsible for replacing the locks period. I want that portion of the deposit returned to me within ten days.
Speaker 3: That's it. Okay.
Speaker 6: If you don't get a response, go to small claims court. I think personally that it's not unreasonable, and probably the landlord's gonna say it was for safety and security, and I think they're gonna win. But that's what I would do if that's what you're asking, and it's not.
Speaker 3: It's not uncommon.
Speaker 6: A lot of people protest money being withheld, A lot of people do it. I'm Tom Martinez three O three seven one three eight two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show three three seven to one three talk. So Jay has a comment on locks in rentals. One guy called and said, my son is being charged to replace all three locks.
Speaker 3: In the rental. Is that fair? Well?
Speaker 6: Can you first of all? Can you re key locks? If you can? I don't know why they would replace them, bo. Why don't they re key them instead of replacing them?
Speaker 16: Well, they may maybe because of the fact you could go to home depot and buy a brand new lock set, whereas if you had to retire a lock smith to make a service call to do a rekey.
Speaker 3: Maybe it might be to just replace them.
Speaker 16: Nowadays, yes, because you can buy the lock set at home deeple for about maybe twenty five dollars. If you have a locksmith involved, you're probably looking at one hundred and fifty dollars charge.
Speaker 3: You know, the overall charge for everything they did there.
Speaker 6: It doesn't sound like a landlord looking to get rich.
Speaker 16: I think a sparable to this landlord didn't take advantage of Harry five hundred and eighty four dollars. That's about something I would true. I mean, he's not charging him fifteen hundred or withholding his deposit. I think what he did was fair.
Speaker 6: Jay, you have a comment on the lock situation.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, j I.
Speaker 5: Do a couple.
Speaker 24: I'll start with a question you asked, can you repay a lock?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 24: If you used the light locks, it's a real simple process. You just slide a little thing in there, put a second.
Speaker 3: Key in, Okay, pull it out, all right, key box.
Speaker 24: But it's another contract man. Did you find something said I'll buy new locks when I move out?
Speaker 5: Or did you not?
Speaker 3: That's a good point. That's a good point.
Speaker 6: What does the least say about security deposit applications? I'm running out of time, Shave you have more, Hang on, we got more show coming up, another hour of the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three all three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 3: Help.
Speaker 6: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Rip need so you don't have come runnious as fast as we can. Shoot 's gonna help man.
Speaker 17: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No, Tom Martine, what.
Speaker 14: Can we do for you?
Speaker 6: I asked that question every day, been asking it for fifty years, forty five of those in Denver, the longest running talk show on radio with the same host still on the air.
Speaker 3: That's right, and thank.
Speaker 6: God for my health. You know, obviously I've had my challenges. If you're just tuning in, I was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, and it was so remarkable that although that's a shot in the in the gut, right, oh my god, pancreatic cancer.
Speaker 3: We know the fatality rates.
Speaker 6: I don't want to bump people out, especially those who are suffering through it.
Speaker 21: Mind happened to be a very very very rare case of total operability, isolation and extraction.
Speaker 6: I was declared one hundred percent cancer free after a nine hour surgery and the pathology came back the same. I am now on the road to recovery and I thank everyone for their kind wishes. I just give that update every now and then. I don't want to make the whole topic about this, but I do want to say this. I have an email address called help at troubleshooter dot com and it's usually for consumer problems, and I still want it to be for consumer problems. But there's something that I truly want one to know, and I mee absolutely positively one hundred percent. If you are going through chemotherapy or cancer treatment and you have non medical questions and concerns about things, just little things, just trust me. I don't have to go over them. If you're going through it, you're going to know that there's going to be a lot of things. And you want a perspective from somebody who's gone through it and still recovering and all of that. You write to that email address and I will answer you. I'll even call you if you want, and we can talk about it. I just want you to know that I found it a little difficult to find people that I could talk to, so I said, you know what, if I get through this, I want people to be able to write to me and ask me questions. And I'm going to help them. It could be a simple question like what do you do when this happens? Or what do I do about this? Again, I'm not going to get into the details because you know what your situation is calling upon you. So anyway, that is a way that you can get a hold of me. Also, you can text me and you can text me about consumer problems. You can text me about financial investing of course for my Wave eight wealth management. You can text me about cancer treatment, chemotherapy or any kind of issues you might be having. And you want another perspective from somebody who's going through it with you, here's the number seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty Okay. Jay was talking about locks, and of course you can rekey lock. Nobody cares how you do it. You can re key locks, he said. So you can reke a lock, you don't have to replace him. Some people like Bo said, Hey, as a landlord, I can tell you that many times it's cheaper just to go buy a cheap lock and replace it. So the whole point was why was this guy charged for new locks when he moved out? Have you ever rented and were you ever charged for new locks? You know, I'd never even thought about it before. I don't think I've ever been in back in the day when I was renting, I was ever charged for stuff like that. But in any case, somebody else mentioned security deposits.
Speaker 3: What they said was.
Speaker 6: A security deposit supposed to be for non payment. Some people call it a damaged deposit.
Speaker 3: What exactly is it?
Speaker 6: It can be both, damages can be nonpayment. So bottom line is this, when you sign a lease, in the lease, are the terms and conditions of that security deposit?
Speaker 3: Okay, today's car day.
Speaker 6: By the way, we have Kevin Calkin with us from Sheridan Autotech, Jefffick from Camera Transmission, and.
Speaker 3: We have questions for them. I got some texts for them.
Speaker 6: We also have Deputy Bow in the studio, and I believe Deputy d Or did he step out?
Speaker 3: Oh there?
Speaker 6: Okay, good Deputy d. She left your name off the call sheet. I think she's snubbing you. I don't know why, or maybe just won too many mimosas for her.
Speaker 3: You guys are supposed to watch us. I noticed you guys didn't get Tom.
Speaker 18: I have him on because he's got a follow up, not because I'm listing all the dummies.
Speaker 6: Okay, So, oh, Deputy Bow is a follow up?
Speaker 3: Okay. So this was a call.
Speaker 6: From April sixteenth, HVAC Jennifer. Thank you for all that information that helps me. So what's going on with Jennifer? What was the situation?
Speaker 16: Is she on or is no? She's not, Tom, I just wanted to follow up. If you recall, she did call on April sixteenth, she called into this show. She was if you remember she talked to you, she was having problems trying to get an HVAC company to come out.
Speaker 6: She said that the HOA fees were too high and expensive, and she's buying a smaller First of all, was she buying or renting?
Speaker 16: No, she bought the property and she wanted to do put in add on air conditioning, a condensing unit. She called a couple of companies and they wouldn't even come out and look at it because it was a condo.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's very difficult to get people to work on condos, right.
Speaker 10: So what we did.
Speaker 16: I did a little research, went on a referral list, called a couple people. I told her to give Smith Plumbing and Heating a.
Speaker 10: Call down on Colorado Springs.
Speaker 16: They have very good reviews and actually talk to them first, and Jennifer called me a couple of weeks ago. They did come out. The sales or the estimators named Brad. He was very professional, gave her a very good price I think was middle of the road. But the main thing is they had no problem installing a unitary air conditioning system in the condo.
Speaker 10: And she was very pleased with our referral for her, and she's happy enough to.
Speaker 6: Say, why do companies have such a problem with.
Speaker 3: Condos and town homes like that?
Speaker 6: I mean because like Plumbline Services fix at twenty four to seven, a lot of our good companies they will not work on on what do you call it congregate living or or yeah, the condominium Well, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know what what is it? What is it emptying? Is it?
Speaker 6: Is it the I mean, the units could be totally independent and they still don't want to work on them.
Speaker 16: Well, yeah, I'm sure you have to get permission from the HOA, and some hoas require you come to the HOA meeting to discuss it the installation, and then you're penetrating you know, other tenants, walls and roofs, and it's just it's just a pain and a bot two. I mean, it's just a lot more involved because you have to get the HUA involved Normally, because you're installing.
Speaker 3: Something, there's a lot more liability.
Speaker 6: I would imagine if if a neighboring unit says, hey, you screwed up this while you were doing it, and then they get into all of that, and.
Speaker 16: Then you get the letter from the HUA three months after the installation stating that you shouldn't installed it because it's hay or common property. I understand why companies don't want to do it. But Smith, all right now.
Speaker 3: Tammy, Tammy's on the line.
Speaker 6: But bet, Deputy Bow, thank you very much for looking into this.
Speaker 3: Appreciate it very much. Deputy Bow.
Speaker 6: Is also an accomplished landlord, and that's really saying something, BO. I'm telling you, being a landlord in Denver is no longer attractive or in Colorado. And that's why Vestera Turnkey is doing so well helping people in other states, you know, helping them buy in pockets around the country where appreciation is going strong. Landlord rights are strong, rents are strong.
Speaker 15: BO.
Speaker 6: If you were getting into the rental business, would you look at Colorado right now.
Speaker 16: Absolutely not Colorader's just there's just too many rules and regulations and everything is priced out so high. In fact, was when my leasees come up at tenants, I'm going to be ten ten thirty one property. My property is into Vista because he has a very good plan.
Speaker 6: And in fact, I believe you and I already did one together, didn't we.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we did the Visterra two LLC.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 10: I'm very happy with.
Speaker 6: So what I've been doing for people who want to do Vestera turnkey but they don't want to do the whole thing. There's nothing wrong with doing the whole thing. It's wonderful, but you got to take out a loan, and you got to go on the hook for the loan and all that. But still it pays for it. It's a good investment, don't get me wrong. But some people don't want to do the loan. They don't want to have a loan in their name, they don't want to be responsible for that. But they want to have a partial investment in one of these real estate ventures from Vestera Turnkey, and I've been helping them do that through my financial connections as a financial advisor. I was able to put together some plans where they can be part of it and take a smaller percentage of ownership and still get a taste of that return.
Speaker 3: So it's a really good plan.
Speaker 6: I can also help people who have retirement money they want to invest in fact, that's really something to be said. There are so many people that have retirement money just sitting there now it's making maybe a decent return.
Speaker 3: You know, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Speaker 6: But so many people want to be more active with their retirement accounts, but they're not allowed to be because you have very severe restrictions when you use retirement money. We have been able to help people through our system use their retirement money for not just THEESTERA, but for artwork, for other kinds of investments. So if people find an investment that they believe in and they want to use retirement money, give us a call and again you can. You can call me or text me at seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty, or you can call Wave eight directly three ozho three seven seven to one help seven seven one four three five seven Tammy. You have a question about a headliner, you know it's a good question, by the way, it is a very good question.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, thank you.
Speaker 25: Well, you know, I've got a I've got a car that I love more than anything, and it's beautiful and it just had some work done on her because of tree branch foul on her. And uh, now it's all pretty on the outside, but it's a little dingy on the inside because she's fifteen sixteen years old. And my headliner, I am noticed, and he has marks on it, you know, because I have dogs and stuff like that, and there's marks on my headliner. And I don't know the bettory to clean that. Do you use a steam cleaner? Do you?
Speaker 22: You know?
Speaker 3: Do people do it for you?
Speaker 25: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I know there are auto detailing companies. Now what kind of car is this?
Speaker 25: Uh it's a twenty ten Lexus RX three hundred, three fifty I'm sorry, three fifty.
Speaker 3: Alexis r X three fifty mm hmm. That's a nice car, thank you.
Speaker 25: I bought her in two thousand and nine, was born in two thousand and nine, branded as a twenty ten, and I love her, and she has one hundred and ten thousand miles on her and I want to keep her for the rest of my life. So I would like to have my headliner done. I'd like to know how that.
Speaker 3: Okay, how do you do?
Speaker 6: There are auto detailers, you know, Kevin, I don't know if you come across detailers or Jeff fill or bou or Dmitri Dimitri. I don't know if you would ever use one, because you're so meticulous yourself. But Deputy Doc, I know some detailers who can do it. But the question is yah, no, no, no. They in fact, they have very special ways of doing it. It takes a let me tell you why. It takes special care. You don't want it to absorb chemicals and stuff in there and sit in there and then it settles back out and you get something called weeping, and you get actually the spot can come back again.
Speaker 15: It.
Speaker 6: You know, there are some extraction methods steam extraction where you have used a light steam but as it puts the steam in, it sucks out the stain.
Speaker 3: But you don't want to use like a carpet cleaner.
Speaker 6: If I look at referral tostock, I'm trying to see, I don't know if this kid ever came on the referral list. He's a really good kid. I'm looking up right now auto detailing. Help me out, guys, if you can come across detailing.
Speaker 3: But I think that there was one I didn't know it.
Speaker 25: Could I just spray like just light spray alcohol on it or rock die?
Speaker 3: Guys, what do you think you could?
Speaker 8: You could create a bigger problem by by just introducing chemicals.
Speaker 5: I'd be concerned.
Speaker 25: Yeah, it's worth I'm asking is because you know how when you have a bunch of miller Mas and they leave.
Speaker 15: Those red spots on, yes, like I live.
Speaker 25: In Milmoth's land and uh, they're getting ready to come. But anyway, I learned I had a motor home with accordion shade. You know they go up and down, and yeah, they would get in there. And then in the spring when I opened up mic even though it was in a garage and covered, oh god, i'll have Millimize in there. Well, I learned that if I just sprayed hydrogen peroxide on those spots on my blinds, it just vaporized away. But I'm afraid to do that on my car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can see why.
Speaker 8: And if you do try, you got to try a small corner spot that you're not going to see. Make sure it doesn't stay in or beat it.
Speaker 25: You know, I don't have a small corner spot where it's dirty. You know, I have a dirty above the back windows and uh you know, right behind the drivers in the passenger seat. And that's just because.
Speaker 22: My husband when he was alive, okay.
Speaker 25: You know, we said we gave the dogs treats, and we would reach back to give them the treats and inevitably the food would hit the top and then it would go to the dog's mouth or whatever.
Speaker 6: I got the I got this place. I got this place that I've used for my vehicles that does a great job.
Speaker 3: It's called O C. Detailing. You know.
Speaker 6: OCD is an expression we use for people or over the top with with organizing and cleaning. So he named his business O C Detailing. It's really he's a great young man. He'll do I this guy'll do a great job. So it's I'm gonna give you the number. They have five star ratings all over the place O C Detailing OC Detailing, and his number is seven to zero six four, eight, eight, two nine two. God, does he do a great job for me. He can do inside, outside, he can do a whole detail.
Speaker 3: He can do part.
Speaker 6: But one thing I want to tell you give him. Let him give you a price for the whole thing, and then the one thing. And I'll tell you why, because part of the price you get is for him to come and set up and mobilize. Because they're more they come to you, So part of the price is getting there and setting up. So what I'm saying is you may want to have more than just the headline or done once he goes through that trouble, but get a price for both. Is he is really a good kid. I'm telling you I love he came out of high school and he says, you know what, I do this so well? I just wanted to make it a living.
Speaker 3: So he did it.
Speaker 6: He brought on his brother and some friends. They do such a great job. So here's the website. It's O C D. It's O C Detailing dot COO for Colorado so ocdtailing dot co. You'll love him and good luck with that car man. I you know, it's wonderful when you find something.
Speaker 3: You truly, truly, truly love.
Speaker 6: We got to take a break. I'm Tom Martine Moore coming up. Go with a sure thing. Denver's Best Ruffer roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance pain too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three.
Speaker 3: Eight two five five. Today is car Day.
Speaker 6: We're trying to solve your problems, answer your questions, take your complaints, make your life a little easier. Khome Solutions, by the way, has painting pros as well.
Speaker 3: If you're looking for painters.
Speaker 6: That wonderful, dependable, sixty five year old company for windows, siding, doors and more also does painting Khwindows dot com.
Speaker 3: Hey, I have a question for Jeff and Kevin.
Speaker 6: They when we were talking about that transmission in that older car, they said they heard that it's trouble to open up because this guy has an old car and he's never had a problem with his tranny. But he was told he can stir up trouble if he flushes that transmission.
Speaker 3: Any truth to that, guys.
Speaker 5: That's the old wives tale from back in the fifties and sixties. I mean, transmissions would usually make it, you know, sixty thousand miles before you and then you were yanking them out of the car. You know, most people didn't think about changing the fluid until they were actually having a problem, or you know, they were getting up there in mileage and they thought they were going to do it some good. So I mean, if you drop the pan and everything inside there looks good and there's no reason not to move forward, then go ahead and do.
Speaker 3: It, Okay.
Speaker 6: In other words, you don't just avoid it because of these wives tales.
Speaker 8: No, no, And nor do you change your fluid to solve a problem if you're already having a problem, fluid change isn't gonna help.
Speaker 5: No, It's like changing your engine oil to solve a Rodno.
Speaker 3: Exactly, Okay, I get what you're saying.
Speaker 6: How and speaking of a rod knock, I have another question here about buying a used car, Kevin. I know you do use car uh check ups before they they commit but somebody wants to know. They heard that there's an engine additive that unscrupulous people use to cover up knocks.
Speaker 3: And how do you know.
Speaker 6: If someone's using one of those additives. When you go to look at an older car.
Speaker 8: You almost have to get the ends into a higher rpm because what they're using is just an oil thickener. I mean, there's no magic there's no magic potion that'll you know, keep a rock.
Speaker 3: So it just kind of muffles the sound. It just really muffles the sound.
Speaker 5: Just a little bit of it.
Speaker 6: But if you get it up to a high operating temperature yep, okay.
Speaker 8: And then get a little high RPM going, you'll hear it if it's there.
Speaker 6: Okay, three three Martino three O three sixty seven eight four.
Speaker 3: Rick, he's taught.
Speaker 6: Rick is getting really specific here with an error code. My goodness, Rick, go ahead, tell us what's going on?
Speaker 3: Rick?
Speaker 9: Okay?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 26: So the car is the twenty eleven Misssubishi Outlander Sport, and I have my own little, you know, one of the cheap error code readers. And when the check engine light keeps coming on, I'll clear it and it comes back on within a few days. And what's happening is it's the P zero four five six, which says it's a small evap leak. So I've replaced the gas cap, I replaced the spark plugs, and I've my next thing was going to be the Purge valve, but I can't get to it myself, so I have to take it in. But I just also wanted to know that whenever I come to a stop at a stoplight, the engine RPMs. It goes down like it's going to die out, and then it goes back up, and it keeps doing that, and I can actually stop it if I just tap the gas paddle a little bit while I'm sitting at the stop then it stops.
Speaker 3: Okay, guys, isn't this one of the codes?
Speaker 6: Isn't this one of the codes, guys that can be solved with a gas cap?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but he said he already did that. I think he's most likely he's most likely on track with that purchase with the Perch counster or the Sonoid one or the others not closing all the way.
Speaker 6: Okay, what causes that is there is there a way to fix it or you just replace it remove replace?
Speaker 26: Yeah, okay, and I'm wondering too. If I can ask you guys another question. There's a car that I'm interested in.
Speaker 6: Yeah, hold on and we'll come Hold on. I got a little backed up here, and I don't mean well, yeah whatever, I got a little backed up here.
Speaker 3: So we'll come back to your second question right after this.
Speaker 6: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much you're coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: Hey, I'm Tom Martino.
Speaker 6: You're a troubleshooter three oh three seven one three eight two five five renew Home Innovations. The most beautiful walking showers you're ever gonna find with sheet porcelain, no maintenance, beauty uh suitable for the biggest dream home you can find or reasonably priced for even your intermediate homes renew Home Innovations dot com three oh three nine zero four to two thousand.
Speaker 3: Okay, now let's go back to the phones. We got a lot of people here.
Speaker 6: Rick, you have an error code, and guys, can you finish up with Rick?
Speaker 3: We have a lot of people need to talk.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I thought we did of the perched owner is probably right path to go.
Speaker 3: Okay, so remove and replace, yep.
Speaker 26: And I just said, was wanted to run by you guys what your opinion is on a I was looking at to buy a twenty fourteen super crosscheck hybrid and you know, I'll get it checked out and all that stuff, but I just wanted to know what that you know, what your thoughts were on the CVT in general and if I have to worry, yeah, in general, and if I have to worry about the battery. You know it's got one hundred and twenty thousand miles on it.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, so you do have to worry about the battery. Yeah, absolutely have to worry about the battery.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: As far as.
Speaker 7: Can that be checked, well, can they check that?
Speaker 3: They can't.
Speaker 6: They can't check them for longevity, they can check them for function.
Speaker 3: So here's the problem with batteries.
Speaker 6: It's not like they give you a necessary indication they're going unless it's pretty obvious, like it doesn't hold a charge.
Speaker 3: And thisics are getting shorter and shorter and shorter.
Speaker 6: Guys, do you know anyway he can predict the life of that battery?
Speaker 8: Not really, but I in my opinion, after ten years they're on the decline. So he is definitely in that decline phase, you know.
Speaker 6: Now you you really have to factor that in, yes, And what does that battery cost to replace?
Speaker 8: I'm not sure of a super I have not that familiar with super hybrids.
Speaker 5: He also asked about the transmission. And you know, I've said before, in my opinion, I think CV the super bu CVT is probably one of the toughest on the market. But along with that durability comes tag. You know, the event that you do have to replace that transmission, you're talking ten or eleven thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: Holy crap, it might be a it might be a pass on that vehicle. I want to go to Andrew about locks. He has a question on locks. I'm not sure if it's house locks, car locks. Andrew, You're up, what's going on?
Speaker 9: Andrew, Yeah, I was just kind of going back on there what you guys were talking about earlier about the if a tenant moves out, if you have to, yeah, change out the locks. It seems to me like there's a liability there if somebody were to copy the key and come back when the new tenant is in there, if they entered the facility without breaking in actually and with the key, there would be some liability. So that seems to me they would have to change out those locks when when the lease was up or a new tenant moved in. Is that correct or not?
Speaker 6: Andrew, You're correct, You're absolutely correct. It could be negligent.
Speaker 3: But the question isn't so much was it wise to change them?
Speaker 6: But who should pay for that? Is it a cost of doing business for the landlord?
Speaker 9: I see it should be. I would think it would be part of the deposit.
Speaker 6: But okay, and that's exactly what that guy did, Thank you, Andrew. But my main deal was I think, the more I think about it, change locks, in my opinion, is the cost of doing business. I don't think the landlord, each choose me the tenant, each tenant should be charged for each set of locks, unless you spell it out in the beginning. Wayne's got a question on a transmission on a sixty eight Chevy truck.
Speaker 3: Wayne, go ahead, Yeah, I got.
Speaker 27: A sixty eight K ten that I want to take the five speed manual out and put an automatic in. And I've been bouncing between a seven hundred dollars four or thh four hundred. I really want the overdrive. I don't really go four WORL drive with it. But I was reading that the seven hundred R I need a special adapt adapter to hook up a two or five transfer case.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, definitely anything on that. Yeah, you would have to go through someplace like advance adapters. They should, they should have one that would actually marry that.
Speaker 15: Okay, you know, do you guys I find go ahead?
Speaker 6: No, I was just going to ask you get a lot of trouble when you change out from manual to to automatic.
Speaker 5: A lot of trouble.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 5: I mean, there's obviously a cost factor involved there, and it's a timely up production if you will, so, But as far as getting a lot of troubles, as long as you you know, right, yeah.
Speaker 27: And then if I get you know, a used transmission and bring it to you guys, you can upgrade it and give me you know, I probably are going to pull a trailer with it too. Occasionally, you can upgrade it. What are we looking at on a price on.
Speaker 5: That that's going to be We'd have to take a look at the whole project. I can't pull a number out of the sky on that one, So we'd have to take a look at the whole projects, see what we're just see what it is we're starting with.
Speaker 27: Yeah, that was you just mean, I just mean the transmission.
Speaker 5: That just building the transmission itself, you know, depending on what we're starting with from you know, going to bones factory, and then what kind of upgrades you really decide you want, because I mean you literally can spend as much money as you like, but doing a decent building not probably about time, Probably about twenty four to twenty five hundred.
Speaker 15: Okay, so that's not bad.
Speaker 27: I mean I was looking at the Monster transmissions and they're running about twenty seven.
Speaker 5: Yeah, look at monsters reviews before you look at that.
Speaker 3: What's wrong with Monsters, Jeff.
Speaker 5: They've got a very very high failure rate. They are terrible on their warranties. Uh, there are complaints about them all over the map. You know, we've got something called the Transmission Brotherhood where we share information with each other, you know, fix each other's problem children. And uh, they definitely have a reputation within our world.
Speaker 6: All right, We got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show three o three seven one.
Speaker 3: Three eight two five five.
Speaker 6: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Realestateman dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two