Speaker 1: God channeling his dinner clerk get them dives makes the cat backhand sigh dustin off that gold glove said, you want my spot, come and get it.
Speaker 2: Wanna take your shot? We're waiting for you.
Speaker 3: Think you're looking real hot, Come and get it.
Speaker 4: We're here.
Speaker 2: The road comes through La.
Speaker 5: Come get it.
Speaker 2: If you won't it, I got it.
Speaker 6: Do you think you can beat this team in a series?
Speaker 1: I dot it best overall, Miss Dan Klass.
Speaker 5: Padres fans can line up to kiss our sh ring.
Speaker 3: You gotta do what I do if you won't my spot. Welcome to Dodgers on Tap. Now your host walking you up to first pitch.
Speaker 7: Tim kays Hi, everybody, and I'll welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, your official Dodger pregame show. You're world champion Dodgers forty one and twenty eight on this season. After a six game road trip that included taking two or three from the Padres in San Diego, the Dodgers returned back to Dodger Stadium for their longest homestand of the season ten games. First up a three game weekend series against the San Francisco Giants.
Speaker 6: Tonight, Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mount.
Speaker 7: In the series opener, first bitch from Dodger Stadium is coming up at seven to ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to. Here on Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from Dodger now, starter pour of the rotation, Ben Kissparius, Dave Roberts. We'll check in with the Dodger manager in about fifteen minutes. David Vasse checks in throughout the show here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we got your Dodgers magical moment. Shortly, Kirsten Watson live from Dodger Stadium will join us, and in just a few minutes we send it out to the Gallpin Motors Broadcast booth with Tim Neffert and Rick Monday Well. Wednesday in San Diego, the Dodgers used the long ball to come back and beat the Padres. Ben Kisperius, who you are here from? In forty five minutes, he got the start. The young right hander has done everything that Dodgers manager Dave Roberts has asked for him, a reliever, an opener, a closer, now a starter. In part of this Dodgers' rotation on Wednesday. Casparius got the start. He pitched well.
Speaker 6: In the second, he got some defensive help for Andy Pies.
Speaker 8: Then out of the stretch, it's back at Sheets on second base, close the stance, first base, out of the mount Coda worts a center field, a base hit picked up.
Speaker 1: By Pats green light throw home, Will has.
Speaker 6: At to tag.
Speaker 3: I got him.
Speaker 1: Why do you run on Andy Paz?
Speaker 7: It's a great question. Why do you run on Andy Piez? He throws out Gavin Sheets at the plate. That keeps the Padres off the scoreboard, but not for long. Back to back walks loaded the bases, then a run came in Padres, a one to nothing lead. It remained that way until the fifth, when the Dodgers finally got to Randy Vasquez with one out.
Speaker 6: Up came Michael Conforto.
Speaker 8: Michael Confordo, first pitch, swinging high fly ball left center field.
Speaker 2: Merrill at the track.
Speaker 6: At the wall, did you gone?
Speaker 3: Michael Conforto.
Speaker 1: A game tying solo home run to left center field, his fourth of the season, and we got a new Bowl game tight at one.
Speaker 7: Michael Conforto with the solo blast that tied things up in one. Then in the sixth the Dodgers heart of the lineup joined the party. Freddie Freeman a one out single. Will Smith drew a walk that brought up ta Oscar Hernandez.
Speaker 8: Ta Oscar toils the bat, drops it to his right shoulder. On a two to one pitch, he launches.
Speaker 1: A high drive dead center field, no doubt. Taoscar Hernandez breaks the tie with a two run bomb.
Speaker 3: Welcome back Taale.
Speaker 1: Home run number eleven for Tioscar Hernandez. That is how you break out of a slump. Four hundred and twenty feet Rick Monday he crushed.
Speaker 7: At three run home run for Taoscar and this is eleventh of the season. That is the top tier play the game, brought to you by Arco Quality, top tier gas for less. Dodgers with a four to one lead, Padres got a run back in the bottom of the inning. Dodgers a four to two lead going to the ninth Will Smith in RBI single a big insurance run for the Dodgers. They go on and beat the Padres. On Wednesday five to two. Luke Trevino against the winning relief Alex Vesias, struck out this side and the ninth for the save as the Dodgers take two to three in San Diego. Now forty one and twenty eight on this season, and now a three game series against the San Francisco Giants. First pitch coming up at seven to ten, and with more we head out to the Kalpin Motors broadcast booth as we welcome in Tim Neffertt and Rick Monday.
Speaker 2: Guys, Tim, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Gorgeous night here at Dodgers Stadium as the Dodgers and Giants get ready for Game one of this three game weekend set. It's the first meeting of the season between these two division rivals, and they come in just one game apart. The Dodgers up one in the West standings while the Giants are a game behind. The Logan web the right hander is five and five and the Oshanoba Yamamotos six and four, and as far as this series goes, well, it's good to see the Giants and Dodgers playing meaningful games. Granted it's still mid June, but these are very meaningful games in the stands.
Speaker 5: Absolutely just one game separating the Dodgers and the San Francisco Giants. Two games separating the Dodgers, the San Diego and Andres. And if we look at San Francisco, one of the real surprises in the National League and certainly in the Western Division. And they've also won seven of their last ten ball games, so they come in here. A couple of things very quickly about San Francisco Giants. They pitch, they don't allow many runs, they don't allow the ball to be hit out of the ballpark. And in spite of the fact their twenty fifth in batting average as a team, they have found ways to win ballgames.
Speaker 2: You mentioned they pitched.
Speaker 4: They have been in a lot of tight games, thirty one run games, so you think about it. They've played sixty nine games, thirty of them have been decided by one run, the Giants seventeen and thirteen of those games.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Dodgers on the flip side of the coin, the best team batting average, they've scored the most runs of any team, their second in home runs, so that's going to be interesting. It's kind of this side and that side, and interesting too with the starting pitchers, with the Yoshinobu Yamamoto going for the Dodgers. Logan Webb on the map for San Francisco Giants, and both of these guys they take the mound and you never know what's going to happen. And if we look at Yoshinovo Yamamoto, I mean you look at the fact that in spite of the fact that he's six and two, he's had very little run support in the times that he has been in ballgames.
Speaker 4: Shohiotani has hit in eight straight games. However, he has not driven in a run in nine straight that's just a game off his longest RBI drought, which was from May to June and twenty eighteen. As far as driving in runs, Otani was looking for some guys in front of him on base tonight, Yeah.
Speaker 5: And exactly. And one of the guys that was on base was Tiascar hernand Is briefly in the sixth inning of the final game on Wednesday down in San Diego, and maybe his bat coming alive the three run home run also with a ball head out of the ballpark. The former Giant Michael Confordo hit a home run in the fifth inning of that game as well in San Diego, So no surprises in the lineup tonight. Pajez will be in center field Monsie is a third. Tommy Edmonds starts at sacabase he'll bat in the nine spot. Other than that, it's the usual lineup for Dave Roberts and the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Tonight will be the two thousand, five hundred and eighty first game between these two teams that began playing back in the eighteen eighties, and the rivalry is pretty close. The Dodgers have won one two hundred and seventy nine the Giants one two hundred and eighty four, so just five games separate him and win loss, and there have been seventeen ties over the years. So the next chapter will be authored starting tonight in the first meeting of the season here in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 7: Tim all right, thank you guys, as we can down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on It's Shakey's Pizza Parler or to your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's right.
Speaker 6: Now at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 7: Coming up here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager.
Speaker 6: Himself, Dave Roberts.
Speaker 7: We will check in with David vatse our Dodger Insider throughout the show. Of course we dive deeper to this pitching matchup. But up next your Otani rewind. It's Sports Net LA's Kirsten Watson will check in lean you up to first pitch on this Friday night. It's the Dodgers and the Giants. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kasey's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: It's the Dodgers and the Giants on this Friday night. Dodgers back home for a ten game homestand first up a three game series against San Francisco Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Logan Way. The pitching matchup in the series opener. First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 3: This is the Otani rewhy.
Speaker 8: Shoe, Hey Old Tani. Hitless in this ballgame, zero for four with two caves. First pitch shoe, hal Tani rips it in the right center field gap.
Speaker 1: This one's ceiling and one hops onto the warning track, dribbles to the wall. Otani turning around second heading for third to throw in not in time show, Hey old Tani with a one out triple here in the top of the ninth inning show Hey Otani with the triple.
Speaker 7: He would later score on the Will Smith RBI single that was on Wednesday, part of the Dodgers win over the Padres.
Speaker 3: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 7: Hey Kirston now joins us from Dodgers standum on this Friday night. Brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate your old car? Call eight seven to seven Cars for Kids right now, friendly agent Sandy by to take your donation. That's Cars with the K to donate your car today. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound for the Dodgers. Skarston, you can make an argument he has been there a so far the first two and a half months of the season.
Speaker 6: He absolutely has.
Speaker 9: I mean, this is a guy who, whether the need has been needing length from the starter, being efficient from the starter, he has done all of that. Even he's coming off of an outing in which he had six innings of work and he was excellent. So for him, as much as he had a no decision in that one, the team ultimately lost that game. That's kind of been just where when you look at the numbers, everything is excellent, and you would expect for the win loss to be in a better situation for him, but just the run support hasn't really been there from the offense. Even if you look at just the numbers he's got. His run support average is two point five seven, which is the second worst in the National League. So as much as look, it's a part of the game, it's baseball. It's not easy. And some of the matchups he's been playing in have been against the ace for the opposing team as well, much like today with Logan Web on the mound.
Speaker 6: So the hope is.
Speaker 9: For the offense to get him some support, especially early in this one. But we'll see what happened. Because even he was asked about it, he said, you know, it just it's a part of the game. If it was easy, of course they would do it, but unfortunately that's not the case. So he just wants to put his teammates in a position in which they can be successful by controlling what he can on the mounts.
Speaker 7: As far as other Dodger arms, some updates on a couple of the Dodger starters and relievers.
Speaker 9: Yeah, definitely, So it was a big day here at Dodger Stadium, just with some of those arms who are working the way back from injury. So we saw Tyler Glass. Now he actually threw a live VP facing hitters an inning of work. Just a really big step for him. I was his first time facing hitters since going on the IL. Then you had Blake Snell who threw his second bullpen. Dave Robbers said it was about twenty pitches through the fastball in there.
Speaker 2: It was sharp.
Speaker 9: He said, he looked really good and even for you know, coming out of his last one. Mark Pryor was saying for Blake Snell in specific, like he just looks like he's throwing free and easy, and that's probably the first time they've really seen that of him this year, which is showing that just there's truly no pain or inflammation in that shoulder. So his next one will likely you know, include some more spin and breaking balls and things like that, and he's continuing to progress. And then another guy who threw a bullpen today was a Blake tryin and so he of course still has some more time on his just throwing progression and timeline, but the fact that he was able to throw a bullpen today along with Blake Snow. It does seem like for Blake his return could likely be around right behind that All Star break. So at this rate, it All Star Break feels like it's a few weeks away. So it's good news that arms are getting healthier and a big step today.
Speaker 6: Have no doubt about it, Kirsten. We appreciate the update. We'll check you with you after the game.
Speaker 7: Still, they come here, I'm Wrongo because you know, Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 6: We dive deeper into this bitching matchup.
Speaker 7: David mat Say goes one on one with now Dodgers starter Ben Kisparius.
Speaker 6: Let up.
Speaker 7: Next, we hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts, as we lead up to Dodgers and Giants First bitch and seven.
Speaker 6: Ten, I'm ten kate to.
Speaker 7: This is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 7: Maronggo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues as we lead you up to first pitch on this Friday night, Dodgers and Giants. Marongo Casino Resort and Spa a good times for everybody, Yoshanova, Yamamoto and Logan Webb. The pitching matchup, first pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 3: This is the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 7: Report presented by UCLA Healthy, Official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Tony Gonsolin on the IL with the right elbow sore.
Speaker 6: In is Tony R.
Speaker 7: Tyler glassnow on the il, Blake Snell, Luis Garcia, you got the update and from Kirsten Watson imag she and who was in TRIPLEA Oklahoma City last night pitching in albuquer He gave up four runs a couple of home runs in his latest rehab. Stent Blake trying to Bruce Dark, Granerol and Rookie Sasaki all trying to work their way back as well. Let's head back out to Dodger Stadium and checking out with the Dodgers skipper anything Dave.
Speaker 2: Do you think the questions for Dave?
Speaker 10: Dave?
Speaker 2: Can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 3: The dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 6: Yeah, sort of this strong or what guys to you?
Speaker 10: Guys just saw how I think the thing that stands out is the pitching certainly they've stayed relatively healthy. I think with the starters, the relievers have been good. They prevent runs. I think they they do a good job catching the baseball. They're they're down Chapman certainly in Bailey this series, so that's going to probably cut into it, but they do They've done a really good job of preventing runs.
Speaker 5: And three and a third yesterday, well what was.
Speaker 7: The report and kind of need another one because he didn't hit through.
Speaker 10: Four vers Yeah, I think that's the thought right now, is just kind of figuring out, you know, what's next for Emmett. I think the the stuff was better than the line score. You know, whether he needs another one there or he joins us. So I think that's kind of what internally We're going to make that final decision here in the next day or two.
Speaker 2: Kay Mole.
Speaker 5: Was a report on Tyler today and how good is it see another guy take another.
Speaker 8: Stuff for him?
Speaker 10: It was really good Tyler. I got to see with my own eyes and the velocity was there, the swing and miss, the delivery. Talking to him after, he was really excited. And so there'll be another simulated game two innings next week. I'm not sure exactly which day, but we're very encouraged. I thought the stuff was really good and Tyler was pretty excited.
Speaker 7: All right, there's the manager, Dave Roberts. It's an update on some of the Dodger pitchers. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll check out with David Vasse as we lead you up to first bitch on this Friday night.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Giants.
Speaker 7: Yoshinobo Yama model on the mountain, first pitch of seven ten. I'm Tim Kats's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio N one.
Speaker 2: As we were.
Speaker 3: Saying, this is Marongo Casino. Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: Base of Dodgers and the San Francisco Giants. Game one of this three game weekends at Dodgers start the night with a one game lead in the division. Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Logan Webb the pitching matchup.
Speaker 6: First pitch coming up at sevent ten.
Speaker 3: Joining Tim kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 2: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 3: This is Dodger inside there, David Basse.
Speaker 7: All right, DV, we've been talking about it for weeks, how many Dodger pitchers are hurt and on the injured list. It kind of feels like though maybe some of them had turned the corner and we're starting to see some progress in return.
Speaker 11: Yeah, even though it may not be happening next week or two weeks from it was a sight for sore eyes to see Tyler Glass now actually facing hitters. He'll go back out there in a few days and face hitters for two innings after doing it for one. He was really encouraged. Blake SNeW was really encouraged, throwing twenty pitches all fastballs.
Speaker 2: And hitting the mid nineties.
Speaker 11: And also a surprise here I thought was a long shot, but it appears that things are going really well for Blake.
Speaker 2: Training.
Speaker 11: While the team was away on the last road trip, he threw a bullpen session, and then today he threw another one and we had a chance to catch up with the two time World Series champion Blake trying.
Speaker 12: It's probably where it needs to be right now. And that's the best wagon word. It's not like me trying to tiptoe and throw you guys off. It's just really all I know is like how I feel right now is right where it needs to be. On the bullpen, results today were really good, So just continuing to take each day one step at a time. The thing with like yet to you. It as like a build up from spring training still right, So like I'm kind of an off season bullpen's.
Speaker 2: Right, so.
Speaker 12: You're still letting it go, but the body still isn't quite moving how it would in a game, if that makes sense. So I got my efforts there. I would say I was a tick below max effort, you know, but it doesn't mean the results are showing what max effort is when I'm pitching in a game.
Speaker 2: So that's probably the best way I could word that, And this is the best way I could word this.
Speaker 11: Tim With all that being said, I don't believe any one of the three pitchers I mentioned are coming back before the All Star break because they're all still building back up. And that's the reason why Ben Conspirius has been moved to the rotation and now Emma Sheen is part of the conversations.
Speaker 7: David is driven by Ford with over two hundred million drivers. You've done more than your help making Ford America's best selling auto brand. Your purchase of Enabled Ford and Ford Dealers to donate billions to help build and rebuild communities. This June, buy a Ford and help celebrate an important additional donation to these causes. That's Ford Building Together. Get into your local Southern California Fords and help support Ford continuing to help with donations to help our community. Ford Motor Company from America for America. All right, David snell Zilla, what's the latest on Blake snell.
Speaker 11: He's really excited about where things are headed. He tried to get the pitching coaches to allow him to throw some changeups in his bullpen session today, but they said, you know, let's play it safe. Let's throw all fastballs, a twenty pitch bullpen session where he was hitting in the mid nineties, and he'll probably be the next one that faces hitters. That's just the progression here. And like I mentioned last week on Dodger Talk, my prediction is snell Zilla to be pitching in that first series right out of the All Star break against the.
Speaker 6: Brewers Day final thing.
Speaker 7: How many All Stars do you think the Dodgers have going to Atlanta?
Speaker 11: Well, just look at today's starting lineup. I believe they got Otani obviously, Freddie Freeman, Will Smith, and there's a strong argument for Andy Piz because he may not be the name that other guys have, but he's outperforming Fernando Tatis Junior this season two eighty five, twelve homers, forty RBIs and his defense five outfield assists. Andy Pai has he should be in the conversation. If not as a starter, then certainly as a reserve.
Speaker 6: No doubt about it.
Speaker 7: David appreciate it. We'll check back in with you in just a little bit. Still to come here on Morago Casino Dodgers on deck, You're gonna hear from Ben Casparius. You're gonna also break down this pitching matchup. But up next, You're Dodgers. Magical moment as we lead you up to Dodgers and Giants on this Friday night.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim Kates. So this is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: It's the Dodgers and Giants on this Friday night. Yoshinobu Yamamono Logan Web. The pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 5: I got a hot dog who wants.
Speaker 1: A hot gun.
Speaker 3: It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment. Ditch Magical presented by Hawfy hot Dogs.
Speaker 6: It's a Dodgers and Giants.
Speaker 7: We go back to April third, last year at Dodgers Stadium, Dodgers taking on the Giants. Showy Otani hit fifty plus home runs last year. On this April night, he hit his first as a Dodger, three.
Speaker 4: And one to Otani. Rogers set the pitch, one hot.
Speaker 2: A drill deep right field.
Speaker 4: There it is the first home runs a Los Angeles Dodger for show hal Tonny and it's.
Speaker 2: Five to three. Oh, no doubt A little pavilion Hight Center.
Speaker 3: Show Hey showed him.
Speaker 7: Show Hey Otani with his first ever home run as a Dodger last April third, twenty twenty four. Thefe Magical Moment brought to you by Hoffey hot Dogs, Haffey Sokow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Hoffey hot Dogs, Local and so great. When we continue here on Morongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck, we will check in with Rick Monday.
Speaker 6: Once again. He leads up to first pitch.
Speaker 7: Dodgers Giants some Tim Casey's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue All Season.
Speaker 7: Low Dodgers and Giants, Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Logan Web. The pitching matchup in this series opener first pitch from Dodgers Stadium is coming up at seventen.
Speaker 3: And now joined by David Basse. Here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 11: Rickets the Dodgers and Giants for the first time this season. How could you not be excited about this?
Speaker 5: Finally, uh, you know, finally they saw the Padres just completed that series down in San Diego, taking two out of three, and now against San Francisco. Who I really look at you soon your thoughts. I really look at the Giants as the surprise in the National League. I mean, they are only one game behind the Dodgers, and if you look at what they've been able to do, they're forty and twenty nine. They've done her marvelous job and what they have done it with his primarily the pitching, not necessarily the hitting. And they're just coming off a series in Denver where they lost. They had a two run lead the bottom of the ninth inning and wound up losing yesterday. So they come in and trying to right the ship. But again I think they're they're really a good story if you're looking at teams coming in the other part two is they've won seven of the last ten. The Dodgers are five and five in their last ten. So yeah, Giants are one game behind the Doctors San Diego, who will see for a four game series after the Giants leave just two outs. So yeah, things are tight in the Nation League Western Division.
Speaker 11: How significant was it of the Dodgers to win those two games in San Diego.
Speaker 5: I think it was a bigger to win than well, actually no, I think it would have been bigger had they lost two out of the three, because the statement would have been made by the San Diego Padres and that would obviously have changed the standings as we look at them today. I had to think for a moment, because you know, it went back and forth and back and forth in that series down there. I don't think the Dodgers look at it as a real big deal. I think the Padres would have looked at it as a huge deal had they taken two out of three.
Speaker 11: I know the Dodgers don't put an over emphasis on those type of series than just when you're talking about the Dodgers themselves.
Speaker 2: After losing two.
Speaker 11: Out of three in Saint Louis, after that middle game in San Diego, is sour being left out there. It kind of felt like the last game in San Diego was not a must win, but all of a sudden, you set yourself up to win that last game.
Speaker 2: If you don't, you're not feeling that great about your.
Speaker 5: Seaf because there's a two game in the swing. If you're looking at and what you have to do in order to get back where you could have been takes two games, and the fact that the Dodgers did not really do a whole lot even though they won by a score of five to two. It was the three run home run by Tiascar Hernandez. Michael Confordo also had a home run, So hopefully Confordo and ta Oscar beginning to swing the bats a little bit better. It's needed, There's no question about that end of it. But I think this is if we're looking at it in the early goings. I think this is a huge series for the San Francisco Giants. I think it's a big series for the Dodgers. You know, And I hope you understand the direction I'm going here, And I mean nothing against the San Francisco Giants. I mean they have played lights out and they believe in themselves right now because they have been able to overcome some injuries. They've been able to overcome the billboards which did not include them atop the Nation League Western Division as the top two teams. And here they are. They're number two, knocking the door, one game behind the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: It feels like this is a measuring stick for the Giants.
Speaker 5: I think for real, Yeah, I think for them, the measuring stick is more important than it may be for the Dodgers. The Dodgers are not taking this lightly by any stretch. But I think this is a bigger series. And if we look at Game one, this is a pretty dark good matchup as far as the pitching, with Yama Moto for the Dodgers and Web going on the mound for the San Francisco Giants, and Web can be tough as Yama Moto can be on top of we talked a little bit more on the pregame show about the pitching. But yeah, this is this is a big series, and I think Dodger fans coming in here. There'd be some Giant fans too, as it should be same way when the Dodgers go up to San Francisco. But I think the Dodger fans outnumber the Giant fans when they're traveling up there than when the Giants are coming down here.
Speaker 11: A lot more available seats these days at Oracle Park than there used to be.
Speaker 5: Well, but the expectations have grown now this year because this this has been a fun team for Giant fans to watch.
Speaker 2: That definitely underdog type of team for the Giants.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and underdogs can be dangerous.
Speaker 11: No doubt about it. But it's not happening this weekend, Rick, No, not with you control all right, we'll check back in with you, and you're gonna speak with Ben Conspiras. You're you're a big fan of experience. Yes, all right, we'll check in with Ben in a little bit. And also, Rick and Tim never will be on the call tonight. We'll send it back to you at Rock and Bruce and El Segundo.
Speaker 6: Tim all right, thanks a lot, DV. Thank you Mow.
Speaker 7: The Dodger game plan has brought you by your California Community College financial aid to be able to help you with tuition, books and sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step. Classes can fill him quickly, so on' roll today that I can go to college dot com. Still to come here On Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a preview of this bitchy matchup.
Speaker 3: Up.
Speaker 7: Next, we hear from Ben Kuspirius, Dodger Starter. It's gonna meant a lot to this Dodger rotation bullpen the last year plus for the Dodgers.
Speaker 6: You have to first pitch from Dodgers Stadium on this Friday night. I'm Tim Kakson's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: Dodgers and Giants on this Friday night, the start of a ten game home stand. First up the San Francisco Giants, who start the night one game back of the Dodgers in the NL West. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Zench Sushi. Enjoy the game with a quick, affordable meal the whole family can enjoy.
Speaker 6: It's made daily on site.
Speaker 7: Fresh by professionally trained sushi chefs, precision, passion.
Speaker 6: The tradition, you can taste.
Speaker 7: They got all the different kind of roles you want to California role, the spicy two in a roll, the salmon rolled, Tempero shrimp roll.
Speaker 6: They got the platters, they got the pok balls, they got it all.
Speaker 7: Zench Sushi right near the deli counter end Ralph's zen she handcrafted sushi, always fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 3: And now what will likely be vess a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 6: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 3: This is high and tight.
Speaker 11: Well, this is the stage of a player's career where everybody wants to own them. He's my guy. No, he's my guy. I always believed in him. That only is true right here when it comes to bank Caspirius. Nobody even spoke to Caspirius until recently. Ben, thanks a lot for the time, and not forgetting your roots.
Speaker 2: Thanks for having me. That's all that's all you got for me.
Speaker 13: After that intro, No, you're my guy, you always you always You always be my guy, and I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like more and more people want a piece of you?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say so.
Speaker 13: I mean we just got home too, so I haven't really seen anybody, but maybe a little bit just in terms of the role change and just hearing about like kind of the progression of things.
Speaker 11: Don't worry, I'll never You're not in danger or Blake Snell's not in danger of being bumped on Saturdays at this stage. It's it still snows ill a Saturday. You can't take that from him. That's fine with me, all right, That's fine with me, all right. So now after making that start in San Diego four innings, the Dodgers have kind of relayed to us that they're thinking of transitioning you back to a starting pitcher. Are you treating this as a five day routine?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I think you know, wherever I line up, whether it's on a five day or a six day routine, it's something that I'm used to just coming up through the system and obviously like just tailoring, tailoring my workload throughout the week, and you know, again just taking the ball when they need it from me and just go out there and compete.
Speaker 11: But there's got to be a difference in preparation. You've been very nimble, You've been very willing to do whatever role. But if this is going to be the role for the time being, do you have to kind of flip that switch and change your preparation for sure?
Speaker 13: You know, I think the biggest thing is just you know, being able to throw a bullpen, you know, at least once a week, pretty structured with a little bit more intent than what I would do, you know, getting ready for a game or trying to be hot every single night as a reliever, and obviously like a more structured plan in the weight room, in the training room, and then just being a little bit more independent in general, and just you know, listening to my body, knowing what I need to do in terms of like the throwing, the workload, you know, what I'm working on day to day, and then you know, just I've got one day a week to you know, go.
Speaker 1: To work and you know, do what I can do to help us win.
Speaker 11: Ben other guys have tried to do this, but they haven't been successful because obviously it's challenging to go from being a reliever to being a starter. How have you been able to be as effective as you have been going back to last year's World Series.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I think it's just you know, staying present, focusing on you know, one pitch at a time, you know, sticking to our game plan, whether it's you know, going out there to get three outs, if it's you know, six outs, eighteen, whatever, it is, just being present, you know, trusting will back there or a Dalton whoever it is, and just you know, you know, being open with the communication with our coaches and what we're trying to accomplish.
Speaker 11: Have they doubled down on the communication that yes, you are going to be the starter the next time your spot in the rotation comes around.
Speaker 13: Yeah, so I think, you know, sometime early next week I'll probably be back out there as a starter.
Speaker 6: I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 13: It's obviously, you know a new role for me just in the big leagues, and you know, still being stretched out and getting to a normal pitch count, but it's a you know a different type of challenge navigating a lineup three times through or whatever it is, and you know, I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 11: Man Caspirius is our guest, the super pitcher for the Dodgers. I mean, I'm not putting a label on you, Caspiraus. You're just you're that outstanding.
Speaker 2: I'll take that. I'll take that.
Speaker 13: I'll take it.
Speaker 11: A run with it, no doubt, no doubt. And he certainly has in a lot of different ways. So now that you're on a five day routine, does your catch partner change?
Speaker 13: Yeah, so I've been throwing with It's changed a lot this year, but I think I'll probably continue to.
Speaker 2: Throw a Chicico.
Speaker 11: That's a safe way to go, sure, just you know, being able to get off the mound if I need to.
Speaker 13: And you know, he's been great, the feedback always great from him, and I think he's like comfortable with my arsenal and what we're trying to accomplish too.
Speaker 11: Man, that is the safest way to go to not offend anybody. Chico, Yep, exactly. That's That's what's my safest bet right there. I can't can't hurt any feelings with that, all right. I'm fair and balanced, So I feel like I have to give you equal time. Since Jack Dryer was our guest on the last home stand and he just raved about the quality of roommate that you were. Can you say the same thing about wacky Jack Dryer?
Speaker 13: Absolutely, we have lived together, I want to say the better part of two seasons, so you know, obviously something worked. He's a he's a great guy. He's you know, clean, which is a big deal. Obviously cleaner than I am. So for him to say that was nice to him. But now he's great and to experience what we have this year together has been really special and he's, you know, one of my best friends.
Speaker 11: He also let us know that he is a new found passion for baseball cards. After you guys went to the MLB store in New York City, have you found that same passion I have?
Speaker 13: I think I got around five hundred or seven hundred cards that day. So I'm still kind of shuffling through and I think it's something I'll get into as time goes on. But yeah, we'll see what happens, all right. Breaking news for you, Ben.
Speaker 11: I don't know how you let Jack Dryer know this, but in the New Top Series two, Ben Caspirius has a baseball card.
Speaker 2: Jack Dryer does not.
Speaker 6: Yeah we're gonna have to change that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna we're gonna have to change that.
Speaker 13: Someone's gonna have to reach out to somebody, but we're gonna.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he needs it. He needs a card. He needs a card for sure. All right. You hear the strength in that voice.
Speaker 11: A man that is strong on the mound, strong in the clubhouse, and you don't want to mess with him anywhere from Connecticut to LA That's the one and only.
Speaker 2: Ben Caspirius.
Speaker 11: Thanks a lot for the time, Ben, and keep it going because whatever you're doing has been so valuable for the Dodgers, almost as valuable as Andy pai Has.
Speaker 2: I would say.
Speaker 11: The two rookies Pie Has and Casparius have been the two most on this team.
Speaker 2: Forget about that guy Otani. Thanks for having me.
Speaker 11: David there, he is my guy. Bank Cosparius, Tim, we'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 7: Wait in a second. I think Bank Consparius needs to be shared. He's all of our guys, Dave. He's a great guy. That Dodger now starter, reliever, big part of the Dodger bullpen. Last October, Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shakey's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game night, It's grout night at Shaky's dot Com Orlean. You have to first pitch on this Friday Dodgers and Giants.
Speaker 6: I'm next. We'll dive deeper in this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 7: I'm Tim Casey's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio note.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and Giants on this Friday night.
Speaker 7: The first of three is the ten game homestand kicks off first pitch at seven to ten.
Speaker 3: And now before the Dodgers, Hey the Dina, we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 7: Present about your Southern California Toyota dealers. Work hard, in play hard in a New Tacoma with an I Force turbo charged engine.
Speaker 6: It's a truck built for the bold. See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy.
Speaker 7: Logan Web on the mound of four the Giants five and five with a two to fifty eight r Ray, twenty eight year old right hander at fourth round pick of the Giants back at twenty fourteen.
Speaker 6: It is seventh season now in the big leagues.
Speaker 7: At one point was the eighth of this Giant staff seventh season, now making his fifteenth start this year. Last time out, six innings, two runs, six hits, ten strikeouts in a no decision against the Atlanta Braves.
Speaker 6: This is his seventeenth career start against the Dodgers.
Speaker 7: He's four and six with a four to eleven RORA and seventy one strikeouts, so he's got a lot of strikeouts, but not a lot of wins to show Ford against the Dodgers. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound for the Blues, six and four with a two.
Speaker 6: To twenty eer.
Speaker 7: The twenty six year old right hander in his second season now out of Japan, making his fourteenth start this year.
Speaker 6: He currently is tied for.
Speaker 7: Second with the best batting average against the National League and is also the third best EERRA. He ranks top five in whip and strikeouts as well, with eighty six already on the season.
Speaker 6: That's top ten.
Speaker 7: Last time out, Yoshinobo Yamamoto six shutout innings, four hits, nine strikeouts, but he got a no decision against the Cardinals in Saint Louis on Saturday, just his second start ever against the Giants. He faced him last May win five to two third innings, four runs, five hits, six strikeouts.
Speaker 6: It a no decision in San Francisco.
Speaker 7: So it's Logan Webb and Yoshinobu Yamamoto Dodgers and Giants. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch as the Dodgers start the night with a one game lead over San Francisco in the NL West.
Speaker 6: The Dodgers and Giants were squared off for the first time this season.
Speaker 7: Again, it's the first of ten out at Dodgers Stadium with the Padres coming to town after the Giants, with the Dodgers looking to stay ahead in the NL West. Keys to the game are coming up next. I'm Tim Katson. This is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deap on your Home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 7: Dodgers back home as they start a ten game homestand first up a three game series against the San Francisco Giants, who trail the Dodgers by just one game in the standings in the NL West.
Speaker 6: When the Boys in Blue play a home game.
Speaker 7: It's important they have the right night plan to protect their high House the Dodgers twenty three and eleven at Dodgers Stadium the season, we're the best home records of the National League. The same applies to your home. Always have a plan and follow fire safety tips. That's important, especially it's fireworks season now is getting closer to the fourth of July, so make sure you're practicing fireworks safety. Use safe and sane fireworks that display the California State Fire Marshall Seal. Read the directions, and ensure fireworks are only lit by adults.
Speaker 6: That's important for all you kids out there.
Speaker 7: Never use fireworks in your grind, drafts, or flammable materials.
Speaker 6: That's obvious. For more tips and others, visit fire dot ca A dot gov.
Speaker 7: All Right, before first pitch, we head back out to booth one final time.
Speaker 6: Tim Neverett Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Guys, Tim, thanks again, we're getting you ready for the first pitch tonight between the Giants and the Dodgers. These National League Western Division rivals, just one game separating them in the standings. It's an opportunity series for both teams. For the Dodgers, a win and they're two up. For the Giants, a win and they have tied the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: For the lead. So a very important series here in mid June.
Speaker 4: The pitching matchup Logan web five and five and a two five eight and Yoshinobu Yamamoto six and four two twenty is this earned run average, But there's another number that's in the twos that's really important as far as the key to the game tonight, MO, it's got to be getting runs for Yamamoto. They put up a goose egg behind him. The Dodger offense did against Saint Louis and his last start, and his run support average two point five to seven runs per game while he's in the game. That's the second worst among starters in the National League.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and he's allowed to earn runs or less in ten of the thirteen starts. So he has pitched very very well. You're talking about not much in the support department. The other part, too, is runners in scoring position, just a one sixty average. The question is the Dodgers against Logan Webb. They've seen the right hander before. He's four and six lifetime against the Dodgers sixteen starts, but he has a rather high batting average against when he's had runners in scoring position. The trick is get them into scoring position against Web to begin with, and.
Speaker 4: He doesn't give up many free passers. He has one hundred and one strikeouts to go against just seventeen walks, so he does limit the base runners there. Change up could be a big pitch for him tonight. Also, he will use the sinker probably the most of the time in terms of his pitch selection. So it's Logan Web against Yoshinobu Yamamoto. Dodgers and Giants, first meeting this season.
Speaker 7: Tim all right, it's a big series, the Dodgers taking on the Giant to a surprise everybody, and only one game back in the Western Division of the National League. Don't forget what this game is over. David Vassie's got you covered with all the postgame festivities, including Dodger talk as well. Dodgers one game up the division taking on the hated rivals from Northern California, the San Francisco Giants, Yoshanovu Yamamoto, all the.
Speaker 6: Mount Will we come back?
Speaker 7: This has been Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck of Tim kats Is the world champion in Los Angeles.
Speaker 6: Dodgers Audio Network