Speaker 1: Eight o five, a fifty five carsd talk station. I'm very happy Friday to you. You've got an assignment that is to log into empower Youamerica dot org next Tuesday, seven pm. It's a virtual class. Only register beforehand and learn something my next guest. And I'm so happy to happy to welcome to the fifty five Carsey Morning Show. The speaker that night again Tuesday, seven pm, empower Youamerica dot org. Steve gorm a well respected speaker and expert in a bunch of different important areas energy industry, agriculture, environment, sustainable development, economic trends, climate change, corporate environmental policy. He's written a heapload of books on it, most recently I can't go the whole list. I want to talk to him, but a green breakdown the coming renewable energy failure gotten five star reviews on Amazon. Welcome to the fifty five Carsy Morning Show, Steve Gorman. It is a real pleasure to have you on today.
Speaker 2: Hey Brian, great to join you again.
Speaker 1: We were having a conversation earlier with the man called Abe Williams. He's with the Taxpayer Protection Alliance, and I was joking around. I have always screamed out loud in the face of all of the people who say no, no, no, no. Ins far as nuclear power is concerned, I do not believe carbon dioxide is a problem. It's plant food. I don't think I'm exhaling my planet into oblivion, although there are people on the other side to say it's a real problem. Nuclear power seems to me the answer small modular power plants, brand new, modern technology, not your three mile islands with your giant cooling tower. They have a very small footprint, They are amazingly efficient to producing energy and don't produce any of the bad exhalation things that we're also worried about allegedly, how come we can't have those? Can you answer that question of front, Steve.
Speaker 2: Well, Brian, we all have hopes for these new innovations in nuclear power. The problem with nuclear power, really, the biggest thing is it's been just too expensive the large plants over the last few years. They just put a couple of plants in in Georgia that are working now, but they up costing over thirty billion dollars and took a decade to do.
Speaker 1: You know why that is, though, don't you, Steve Well?
Speaker 2: A lot of it's regulation. I talked to Yeah, I talked to the guy at the plastic pipe Institute. He said that when he produces pipe for a customer, it usually takes a couple of pages of of background. If he does something for a nuclear plant, it takes, you know, like about a half inch full of paperwork. I mean, it's just the regulations are really an issue. So we do need the relief from regulations, but we need some we need some technological breakthroughs as well. We're hoping these new smaller power plants will do that, and it is needed. And we have a lot of guys want to go nuclear now, a lot of the big guys to support the demand for artificial intelligence. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, and that's and that's the other component that is so damn insulting to me, Steve, is that you know, Alphabet, Google and all these massive artificial intelligence global multi billion corps they start talking about it. Most recently, Hey, we can build a small nuclear plant and we can get all the power we need for our artificial intelligence needs. No one seemed to be screaming out loud and objecting to it. Yet if some city wanted to do it, then oh my god, oh it's going to take ten years. It's going to be billions of dollars. Every single plan under modern regulations has to be individually designed and created, talking about massive increase. That's why it cost so much. In Georgia. These modular plants are like legos, one size fits all. They're small. You build one exactly the same as the other. And we certainly can manage the waste. The nuclear waste that's produced by all these plants is just not I mean, it's totally manageable with a place like Yacka Mountain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think. So we really need to depository for waste. There's not a lot of it in each plant. All the plants today are storing it on site because it doesn't require a lot of room. But we need a better solution. So yeah, we're hoping these small nuclear plants. Are something like fifty companies in the United States now they're trying to produce small nuclear plants. So we're hoping these will have some breakthroughs. And as you say, the big guys Meta, Google, Amazon, to support these artificial intelligence processors, they need reliable twenty four hour power and wind and solar can't do that. So they're looking at nuclear to try and do.
Speaker 1: That, okay, and recognize okay, and I'm obviously I think it comes across pretty pretty clearly that I am not a believer that we are personally responsible for all the changes and the temperatures in the world. I do agree that climate does change, because in the state of Ohio, once you had a glacier covering the whole state. Thankfully it warmed up. There have been times like the Mini Ice Age and different ebbs and flows in the global temperatures that went on for hundreds of years, and then we gradually shifted back. We all know that how come that happened Before the Industrial Revolution we weren't responsible, But now we're responsible literally for every hurricane that comes in.
Speaker 2: Well, we're actually in the midst of the biggest modern superstition in history. I call it climatism, the fear that humans are causing dangerous global warming. Actually, our new President Trump has used that term on the campaign tree of climatism in the past. But you're right, and I'm going to talk about that in the Empower You podcast. But two bottom lines. A, Today's temperatures are not particularly warm. We've had many times in the last ten thousand years when it was warmer today, when we didn't have cars and power plants and b Human industry is responsible for only a very small part of the greenhouse effect and a very small part of global temperatures, maybe one or two percent, which means if we eliminate all emissions, all carbon dioxide emissions, we probably won't be able to measure the difference in global temperatures. Nevertheless, the world is spent one point eight trillion dollars last year on renewables trying to control the global temperatures. People say, if we all drive electric vehicles, we can stop the oceans from rising. That's really the closest thing to modern superstition that you can consider.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and before we might dive into some of the subtler details about that component, let me ask you this question. Recognizing what you just said, and I agree with you wholeheartedly. We get a couple of volcanos or up during some massive wildfires, it negates any effort by us to get particulate out of the air. The question is, then, why are they shoving this down our throat. There clearly was no demand for it within the market. They can't make us buy electric vehicles, even though they're shoving them down our throats. It's only market manipulation that has brought this around, regulatory mandates and edicts. So behind the scenes, though, do you know why they are insisting that we do this?
Speaker 2: Well? I think the first of the world jumped to a conclusion on this. A bunch of computer modelers back in the nineteen seventies and nineteen eighty saw that climate carbon dioxide was rising in the atmosphere, and doctor James Hansen, for example, testified before the Senate in nineteen eighty eight he said he was ninety eight percent sure the planet was warming and humans were causing it. And the United Nations that very next year formed the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, which concluded humans were causing dangerous warming. And then by nineteen ninety two, only four years later, forty five nations in the European Union signed a treaty saying we would reduce greenhouse gases. They've been arguing about it for the last fifty years. But the temperature rise, we've had a little bit of a rise, but it's far below what the climate models are predicting. And we've had a whole bunch of groups that have seized on this. We have whole new industries. We have biofuels and wind and solar, we have deans of sustainability at universities and vice presence of sustainability at corporations. It's become the center of every environmental group in the world, the central issue. And so we have tremendous momentum behind this. But if you're really look at the data, the storms aren't getting stronger. The ocean has been rising for twenty thousand years, and it just doesn't The science doesn't support the concern.
Speaker 1: Right, and they have adjusted their projections. They have moved back the deadline by which we're all gonna die. I mean, al Gore is screaming about in ten years that New York City is going to be underwater. We know that was more than twenty years ago. So none of it has come true, and yet we continue to chase down this ridiculous path. So again, why, if we know so much more, are they continuing to shove this down our throats in the face of all the evidence to the contrary of what they're preaching. This has got to be about something more than saving the planet. And when you talk about the UN embracing something that immediately raises a John Decid of skepticism in my mind, because the UN is seemingly the most incompetent organization that exists on the planet in terms of what they're able to accomplish.
Speaker 2: Well. Certainly, many, many groups use the fear of man made warming for all sorts of objectives. Nations is one example. The United Nations has had three big objectives for many years and the fear man made warming has served those. One is they want to become an environmental leader globally. The second is they want to redistribute wealth from the wealthy nations to the poor nations, and the fear man made warming does that. And the third is they wanted a global a world government for many years and Jacques Schirock, President of France, said that the Climate Treaty Group was the first example of world government. So we have we have many groups that want to do that. Another one is computer modeling. As I talk about in my second book, The Mad Mad World of Climatism, a scientist told us that to set up a computer modeling team to run climate models on a supercomputer costs fifty million dollars and it costs twenty million dollars a year to run. There are thirty of these teams across the world that are running me, so there's a vast amount of money involved. And by the way, if one of those teams says, well we think climate is driven by natural not man made factors, well then their funding isn't going to come through. So there's a tremendous amount of value that various groups get from this. And you know, we have tens of thousands of consultants across the world that are vising companies how to reduce their greenhouse gases. But again, I think most people are sincere. It's just that they're mistake and the science and the economics don't support what we're trying to do.
Speaker 1: Right now, well suffer the little children come unto me. They start teaching this man is responsible nonsense to children in elementary school, and it begins from there and people can't turn their back on it. It's like turning your back on your lifelong religion. You know, there must be a Christian out there in the audience. Ask them to renounce Christ and they be like, oh my god, are you crazy? That would never happen. That's kind of this what this has become. It's just this, it's a new religion.
Speaker 2: Well, and it's out the schools. As you mentioned, University of California, San Diego has just made a climate course a requirement to graduate. We have instances in Washington State and in Utah where teachers are feeding kids insects in class with the lesson that they shouldn't be eating beef because of the climate. So you know, this is this is not a good thing. But it is all going to come down. That's what green breakdown is about. It's going to take a decade or two, but the world's going to get back to sensible policy again.
Speaker 1: So you are optimistic along those lines.
Speaker 2: Well, I am, and I hope I am. I'm around long enough to see this turnaround. But we see a lot of signs that this is changing already. We have this big speed bump that electric cars have hit. Electric car shares in the US and Europe have fallen this last year. We have all sorts of problems with offshore wind, and we now have mister Trump elected and he's going to change a whole bunch of things, maybe even restarting the Keystone pipeline. He said he's going to get rid of a government mandates, to get rid of gesine cars. That's going to be difficult though. He's got to get the EPA to change their policies. We'll see if he can do that. But we see this around the world. By the way, Europe is pulled back as well from a lot of agriculture and climate measures, and a lot of conservatives were elected this last year in Europe and they oppose these policies. So I think things are starting to shift, but we'll just have to see.
Speaker 1: Steve Gorham is going to be doing this empower you somear on this topic next Tuesday, beginning at seven pm. It is a virtual class only. He's going to empower you America dot organ log in. I encourage you to do that. And the other elephant in that room going back to the UN and it wanting to be the global dominance and establish this one world government and wealth free distribution. I get all that and agree with that being the probably core motive. What of China and India and other countries who continue to build coal plants dirtier than ours, belching out more pollution than we retract from the planet with all of our unbelievably costly efforts. They don't seem to carol wit and no one seems to be pointing to them and saying, well, wait, wait, wait, what about what about India? They're not doing anything and they're polluting more than anybody on the globe.
Speaker 2: Well it really we have many many nations developing right now and they use hydrocarbon fuels. Earlier this year, John Carey called for the end to all coal fire power plants across the world, said none should be allowed. But that's an amazing statement. Today coal provides thirty five percent of the world's electricity, Yet we still have seven hundred million people that don't have access to electricity, and there's another two billion people who have blackouts and brownouts every other day because they don't have enough power. So if you're running an air conditioner in Cincinnati, you use more electricity than the third of the people in the world. That one appliance uses more electricity than a third of the world's people get to use on any given day. And mister Carey saying that let's get rid of coal fired power plants is like Marie Antoinette saying if the poor don't have food, let them take. I mean, it's it's really crazy. So there's going to be a need. And what you do in Ohio as far as the greenhouse gases, it's going to have no effect. The rest of the world is going to go and do what they're going to do. But the great news again is that CO two, as you say, is.
Speaker 1: Make plans to grow.
Speaker 2: It isn't buzzing dangerous warming. So that's that's a real powerful and possible positive note of it all.
Speaker 1: I didn't even scratch the surface for everything I wanted to talk with you about today, Steve, and sadly we're out of time. We're going to get more time with you though. Empower you America dot or log in virtually from home. It's easy to do. Empower your America dot or just click the little register. You'll be there at seven pm Tuesday. Steve, thanks for the time he spent with me today. And I also encourage my listeners to get a copy of your book, Green Breakdown the Coming Renewable Energy Failure. Just go to Amazon and order copy of that. Steve, thanks again for everything that you do.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Brian.
Speaker 1: My pleasure