Speaker 1: Wait, I'm standing in front of it. I'm standing in front of the camera. I'm not there.
Speaker 2: You just starting plugging things more going live, I don't break something. I was looking for things to unplug, but I.
Speaker 3: Like a.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: I could. I could tell it was upsetting Mike, and I like that part.
Speaker 2: I was looking for things to unplug, but I didn't actually, God damn, it was fine ten minutes ago. You should hang on, we'll figure this out. Leave it all in. Just just plug everything back in? What do I do?
Speaker 1: Uh no, that's not no, that's not well no, not a camera, not a camera just not working. Well wait, plugg did Yeah, it's got a white light on it.
Speaker 5: Go towards it, go towards the white.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's blinking. I'm not plug I'm I'm plugging. Replug. Okay, it's your time you because dad, it's okay.
Speaker 4: Trying to get you at the de Greaser. Did it take so that you don't have to play a blake game?
Speaker 2: Up there? Buddy? Lights up there? Here we go, Hey, there we go. Look at that.
Speaker 4: It's Tuesday, January seventh, twenty twenty five. Welcome to the Giant Podcast, Episode eight hundred and seventy two. We've assembled our own fantastic foursome here.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 4: We have the invisible man here because I don't. I only see women in nb's because men are trash. Jan Achoa, that's me. That's the host co captain of the ship. He's thicker than the thing. He's an unmovable wall made of rocks, pebbles, and other pieces of granite. Jeff Grubb, I'm orange and rock card.
Speaker 5: Let's go.
Speaker 2: That's right. That's right.
Speaker 4: He's the stretchest man and the baddest man in games media. Mister fantastic, bad tastic Mike Ma naughties.
Speaker 2: It's me. I'm going to stretch around and choke you.
Speaker 4: I got it, you got the I didn't right. He's so hot. He's unplugging everything because of the heat. Sinks and all other flammable material.
Speaker 2: Uh, they're falling out. He's so shoot.
Speaker 1: Teeth like my dad's shoot teeth are falling out. Well, there goes my camera. Don't come back.
Speaker 4: He's so hot. The cameras can't track him. Dan Rekert, how.
Speaker 6: Am I gonna do Blake Club with all this happening?
Speaker 2: Jeez?
Speaker 1: This is all the work, isn't it is I'm also shoot six, so but I'm gonna goddamn do Blake Club on Wednesday.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hi, Happy New Year, gentlemen, Happy Christmas, Happy Honka, happy whatever you celebrate. Happy New Year to everyone at home, Happy New Year to you boys. How's the hanging? How's it going besides Dan falling apart?
Speaker 6: I'm fine. I've never been better.
Speaker 7: No, look, yeah, let's just get to it, because I've been I've been waiting anxiously to hear this story for a bit. Now, then, what happened when you try to cook asparagus?
Speaker 1: Okay? Based on what I posted? What do you think happened?
Speaker 2: Oh it's okay, okay, yeah, let's go around the horn. Okay.
Speaker 7: So yeah, my favorite theory. I don't know if it's possibly true. So so you said, you said on a Blue Sky that you accidentally you try to cook asparagus and accidentally ate a lot to greaser. My hope is that you like cooked it in too much pam spray and thought it was greasy, so you put some greaser in to balance it out.
Speaker 6: I think it's number than that.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, did you just think the greaser was good? Anti?
Speaker 6: I didn't know what it was until I ate a bunch of it.
Speaker 5: No, dearn Okay, okay, good, yeah, I have no Clearly you didn't know what it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is what happened. Okay, looks too happy about this, Okay.
Speaker 1: So okay, I'm doing a healthy thing because I was deeply unhealthy all through the holidays, you know, as many people are. And I'm not like resolutions guy necessarily, but I did need to like start getting things ready for marathon training, and I need to not be totally out of shape and eating like an asshole.
Speaker 2: So I got a Whole Foods.
Speaker 1: I got a dietitian I went to, and I was just like, hey, tell me what to do, tell me what to buy, tell me what to make.
Speaker 5: How many vats of mac and cheese can I still eat?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: They got no noodles I got. I went to Whole Foods.
Speaker 1: I got so many fruits and salads and like just good stuff. So I'm making like, uh, I got a carbie with some natural fats breakfast. I got a salad alid for lunch, and then I'm making chicken soufi chicken and veggies for dinner.
Speaker 6: That's all good, right, that's all good stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right now, the salads, I've never been a salad guy really as far as making them.
Speaker 6: That's been going gangbusters.
Speaker 1: I've been making salads and it's grabb been chopping up avocados and peppers and putting all sorts of Green Goddess dressing and pecans and that.
Speaker 2: Goddess d Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 6: So the salads, oh man, just going gang bus.
Speaker 5: Are you sure that the Green Garden of salad dressing is not down dish soap?
Speaker 2: No, they don't whole foods.
Speaker 1: It was Annie's Green Goddess dressing, all right, And that's all been great. So I had like several days of lunch salads under my belt and then I got the chicken breast and I did the thing.
Speaker 6: Well, I guess the chicken.
Speaker 1: The chicken actually went almost okay outside of the almost fire. But it wasn't the chicken that did the degreaser. So the degreaser was the asparagus. So I'm trying to do everything right here, so like everyone will just googled and doesn't know what Google's I fucking googled, and I was like, how to do good asparagus in air fryer and it's like, okay, it seems pretty simple. You just you toss it in some olive oil. You can spray olive oil on it, get some salt and pepper on it. You throw it in, you know, three seventy degrees, put it in another six to eight minutes.
Speaker 2: Great.
Speaker 1: I've used the air frier to reheat taco bell a million times. I know how that thing works. I can do that with asparagus and something healthy. So I go to, uh, the chickens finishing up in the souviete over here, and I'm like, all right, it's time to do the asparagus. And oh, the basket's not in the air fryer. What the what the hell? And so I look around and it's in the sink. Oh, and I think like, oh, okay, I know it's probably too big for the Okay, First of all, what me explaining this right now is giving it more thought than actually happened. Because what really happened was I'm like retroactively applying thoughts to what happened.
Speaker 2: Does that make sense?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Watch this verifying concept? Yeah, applying thoughts.
Speaker 1: So what really happened was I went over to the sink and I looked down and the baskets in there.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry so much. Do you mean remembering?
Speaker 1: No, no, I'm not, because I'm describing it as if there was the thought process, but there was.
Speaker 5: You know, he's editorializing his memories.
Speaker 1: Like if I'm trying to justify it retroactively, I could be like, oh, it was probably sitting in the sink because a Bonka just washed it and it was just drying out, because you know sometimes like bigger stuff that's not for the dishwasher, you'll wash and then you put it upside down on a towel or something near the sink and it dries out again. To be fair, none of those thoughts were in my head at the time. They are now trying to justify it. But I went up and I just grabbed the wet basket and I grabbed it, and I guess I thought it was just water or something in there. I threw all these faragus in there. I threw it in the thing. It's heating up the sparagus.
Speaker 5: I dab it with like a paper towel first or anything that.
Speaker 1: I just put it from the sink into the blue right.
Speaker 6: I didn't pay that much attention.
Speaker 1: So no, I think it's actually I know, I looked at the bottle and this was like clear, it's like Don Platinum Degreaser or something.
Speaker 4: It's also very odd Dan that you're calling it specifically Dawn de Greaser versus dish soap.
Speaker 1: I don't know what any of that's. I just I've read the bottle. That's what it says.
Speaker 5: Like, Okay, yeah, I think it might be a slightly different product.
Speaker 1: Sure, So I put the basket in the thing with the asparagus, with the whole bushel of asparagus in there. But then I go to do the h I go to do the chicken, and as I'm like getting the chicken ready, I'm taking the bag out of the souv and all that, and I'm putting the pan on the stove there and then I start smelling something that's like, oh is there. I'm just like clean the kitchen or something very strong soapy. What the camera went out? Okay, very strong soapy type smell, and like what the hell could that be? And it's just going for minutes and I'm like, I don't know, smells good in here? And then I can't remember at what point I went upstairs to Bunk's office and uh, I was like, hey, did you like wash the the air basket, air fire basket or something.
Speaker 6: She goes, it was in the sink.
Speaker 1: It was decreasing and I was like, and she she knew she could like smell that, like something was happening and hearing the beat and I'd be, well, yeah, well it's the asparagus is cooking now. And she's like, was the degreaser in there? And I was like, ah, I don't know him. She was like, you should go take the asparagus out of there. That's going to taste horrible, and uh, you should put the basket back in the sink.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, Okay, you know what. I feel like you're gonna continue the story, so my question could wait? Go ahead?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, Well so I go down, but I just look a bushel of asparagus was like five bucks.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, what the fuck was that? You hate it? Everyways? Well okay, that's what that was my question. Well okay, so yeah, so wait, yes, you went up.
Speaker 5: And talk to Bianca, yes before ingesting it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was still and then and then.
Speaker 5: I remember seeing on the social media platform saying you ate degreaser. Yeah, so I'm just wondering how we bridge this gas. This is a this is a chasm that I'm yes, I understand, I.
Speaker 1: Can explain this too. So I go down. She was like, that's gonna take a starre while. You should dump that this fergus out. And I went down and I was like, ah, man, it's like I was like five dollars a bushel. Sorry, my camera keeps going out, and so I just open up the thing. I take all these fergus out, I throw it on a plate, I dump out the degreaser. I spray some water in there, and I wipe it down and I put the asparagus back into thinking like I think that, like you know, like the way you kill bacteria and chicken is you heat it to a certain temperature. I thought, at a certain point, maybe if I just went a little a couple of minutes past what it suggested, it would turn off the degreaser.
Speaker 2: And so that's why you're the human torture. And I put it.
Speaker 1: Back in, and while it's cooking, I was doing my research. I looked at the bottle and it just said like if swallowed quickly, you know, drink a bunch of water to dilute it. It didn't say like you're gonna die, call poison control, and I'm sure right, there's no worst case scenario here, and so I cooked it.
Speaker 6: It still smelled like soap.
Speaker 1: The worst case scenario is wasting five dollars, right right. I still got that Paul Riker gene in there. It's like the devil Jane from Canada.
Speaker 2: Just poison to make sure we don't lose money.
Speaker 1: No, it just said I did so I it said just drink water, So I made sure I had water with it.
Speaker 2: Actually I think I had.
Speaker 1: A mountain dew, but it was liquid and better liquida.
Speaker 2: It powers it up.
Speaker 1: So No, I tried to force myself through the whole bushel of asparagus. I got sever like probably five plus stocks in and it like I was trying to tell myself like, Okay, I'll just pretend it's like a seasoning or something.
Speaker 6: But it was just like I was just eating soap and.
Speaker 2: Effects only go so far.
Speaker 8: You weird eight soap For a while, what was Mike saying, I'd it's not weird, I might.
Speaker 7: Need a weird one. Good good audience the DAN for the first time I ever.
Speaker 2: Congratulations one of the Who is Weirder Poles has a definitive winner, a single vote for eighty six Dan zero mic but no harm done? Right, And I learned it might be harm done. I'm a harm done.
Speaker 5: Like over the holiday, I definitely got the sense that Dan thinks that the teenage mutantats turtles Christmas caroling thing you do is the weirdest thing in the world. Like, and I'm just like, oh Dan, oh, honey, buddy, no a little.
Speaker 2: What was endearing? No, that's not his weirdest thing. I thought that was okay, all right, yeah, it is a daring well.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, okay, my pot too. I do have thoughts about soap, like I.
Speaker 5: Write it down.
Speaker 2: Is it so clean? How could eating it be bad for you? Is that I'm that part of it?
Speaker 5: Just bleach your insides, get rid of the covid Well that is like I was thinking about this recently because like I switched to a loofa situation in the shower.
Speaker 1: I used to just always be a bar soap guy, just rub the bar right on the skin. And I switched to a loofah a couple of months ago, And every time I use it, I'm looking at it and I'm like, are you read?
Speaker 2: Do I put this in the washing machine?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Do I put this.
Speaker 6: In with the laundry?
Speaker 5: Do I?
Speaker 6: But then I think like, wait, no.
Speaker 1: It's just all it touches is soap, So it's always clean, right, Like soap can't be dirty?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: So like, okay, are you supposed to wash a loofa okay a while?
Speaker 5: After a while? How about like what a towel is like after you use it like twice, and how kind of it gets pretty gnarly after like because it's like wet and body stuff.
Speaker 4: So yeah, you talk the loof after a little bit, like, hey, what's a little bit? Uh, I'm like six weeks nikki face, two months?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm kind of a direct bar of soap? Guy? Is that okay? I always happened?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're not sharing a bar of soap with anyone?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah exactly.
Speaker 6: I got my own shower.
Speaker 1: So it's like, I don't need to translate.
Speaker 7: How does this translate to? So it's good to digest soap? Is what you're saying that because it's clean.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying there was nothing on the bottle that said it was poisoned. I was also worried it was flammable, because anytime I'm working with heat, I am just in full panic mode. So I don't think it's that harmful. I'm not going to keep doing it intentionally, but I don't. I kept waiting for something to happen, and I just went through about a food poisoning, you know, I just kept waiting.
Speaker 6: For the crazy bathroom visit or something. It didn't happen.
Speaker 7: You can't not learn a lesson from this just because you didn't get sick.
Speaker 1: By the way, this whole scenario as a Bonk and I were doing the debriefing afterwards, she was.
Speaker 6: Trying to find the word for how she felt.
Speaker 1: She I think we landed on disbelief and she was just laughing and she's like, I've been with you for ten years, how is this still surprising?
Speaker 2: And that's beautiful, that's romance, baby. Yeah.
Speaker 1: She was like kind of impressed. I think I think impressed the word yeah, yeah, interesting.
Speaker 5: Cast in an impressive way. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just I just really wasn't ready.
Speaker 7: That's why I screamed though, my God, like that I wasn't ready for the part where you intentionally digested all the soap.
Speaker 6: Well, because I thought I would it all off. I thought I burnt it all off with.
Speaker 4: Then ho, dan, I want someone to approach like I want an older gentleman to approach you at a bar and be like.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, buddy, how do you keep the marriage alive? How do you keep the romance alive? And you story?
Speaker 4: All right, well, grub you your train got derailed?
Speaker 2: How was that? Yeah, it was fine.
Speaker 5: It was not a big deal. It was It was a little scary in the moment. Yeah, I was on the Christmas train. We were going to the North Pole with the kids, and and that turns out that's like fifteen minutes away in Ohio. And no, not the not the shoot North Pole. Thanks for asking. Okay, yeah, uh yeah. They just dressed up into a little town in Ohio kind of like the North Pole. And then you go from one spot to there.
Speaker 2: Do the kids think it's the shooting north Pole?
Speaker 5: Some of the kids do, some of them. Emmy was definitely like, this ain't the real North Pole. Okay, all right, I'm kind of fun.
Speaker 2: Anyways, they play along a little bit.
Speaker 7: Look, at no point in my young childhood did I think that that Mickey Mouse costume person was actually Mickey Mouse.
Speaker 2: But we all play along. It's fun.
Speaker 5: Yep, exactly, it's playing along. It's a good time. The kids are enjoying it. Until as soon as you pull in there, uh, the whole train starts rocking in a way that does not feel normal and begins to.
Speaker 2: Lean just slightly to the right.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: And so I grabbed the kid. Then the table started to slide as we were bumping more. I'm like, oh, we were leaning way more than I thought.
Speaker 2: Are the kids reacting here?
Speaker 5: The kids? The kids, it was like bumpy, but like not so bumpy that I think they were like immediately assuming fight or flight, like, but but I did, uh. And then I think once I grabbed the kids, they were like, oh, okay, you know, they don't know what to do. They just kind of freeze. So yeah, I grabbed them. And it's sort of like was skidding to a slow stop, and the back half of the train was still slightly on the tracks. The front half of the train was still slightly on the tracks, and we were just part of this part of the part that like bowed out.
Speaker 2: So we had to get off, and we had to get out of that car.
Speaker 5: We went up to some of the other cars and they gave us the option to like just leave and go get an uber. So I'm like, I'm doing that, And turned out there was a bar right there, Winking Lizard, which is a tavern a beer establishment.
Speaker 2: This is how.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: I don't like that.
Speaker 7: I got I got mad that Jeff just just said it's like a B Dubs, which isn't wrong, but you should have like clarified that it's way better.
Speaker 5: Also, I'll say my personal history with Winking Lizard has not been as pop as.
Speaker 2: Some Winking Lizard.
Speaker 5: We we would go to Winking Lizard for like the they had like two dollars paps blue ribbons and on Wednesdays we'd go there everywhere and then. So my association was with the kind of crowd that shows up for two dollars paps blue ribbons, and that's what I associate Winking Listen.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's possible for the company that you keep listen.
Speaker 5: I know it's not Winking Lizard's fault. I'll tell you what. It came in clutched this night when my train derailed.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So yeah, I just went. I took an uber an half an hour back to the train station to get the van anout half hour back to drive. It was really snowy. It was like a blizzard, so it's pretty wild. But no, you know, six hundred people on the train, no one got hurt. They it did take them a long time to get the buses to bring most of the people back to their cars because most people did not get off to get an uber. So I'm glad that we did not wait around for that. But yeah, this was the last train of the season, and it is the only time that this has ever happened to them, So just a very, very weird thing. They've been doing this for like ten years. Yeah, I was just unlucky.
Speaker 2: Maybe they should have put decrease or on the train tracks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that hasn't hurt anybody before, I know, right, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Mike, did you have any near death experiences?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 7: No, I think my holidays were comparatively pretty boring. I just got sick at New Year's for a bit. I just had like a science infection, So it was just a good excuse to stay inside a bunch, right, I didn't have to go to a New Year's party, which at that point I'd already seen everybody anyways, So yeah, no, I don't know. I saw about these these Christmas decorations behind me. I'm starting to feel bad about that, so I gotta start cleaning things and putting stuff away and whatnot.
Speaker 5: But different Christmas.
Speaker 7: I got a Star Trek, the next generation Christmas train.
Speaker 2: Not Christmas train, just a train, a model train. Ooh, that's exciting, that is very cool.
Speaker 1: Got my casey Joe's from Dad. That's build up in the freezer now I want.
Speaker 5: I'm like, oh, I'm gonna do that every year for Christmas. And I ate it all and I'm like, I might do it every month. It's so damn good.
Speaker 1: Also incredibly good in the sub Yeah.
Speaker 2: I had it for Christmas Eve, which was nice.
Speaker 7: I just boiled it and then I put it out in like a little sheep pan and coated it with the sauce and then put it in the emph but to kind of like tack up and get some taste.
Speaker 2: It was fantastic. Nice.
Speaker 4: I got myself a terrible gift. And I realized I share a lot on this podcast. I'm not going to share this one. I fuck it.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: So, as y'all know, I bought too many cigarettes in Japan, and then I thought all right, I don't know how to get rid of this. Maybe I can pawn it off on a friend, just give it to them. And I did that during the Game Awards. But I still have a whole other card. And then I'm like, you know what, what are other ways in? Just nicotine? And I pop over to the local gas station and uh, don't worry. Uh, And I'm like, huh, what's that thing that says zin?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: I I I buy a package of Zin. And then I realized that their tobacco or nicotine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're your zin head now.
Speaker 4: No, it's not to It's just a pouch that you stick in your gum. And then I was two minutes into a pouch. I felt like you reaching a plane of zen. Sure, yeah, and then and then I felt like dying. And then I persisted, and then I felt kind of okay. And then I, uh, I'm not saying I had built up a small dependency over the short period of time, but I was like, this is kind of nice. Despite wanting to throw up, I'm on the last pouch.
Speaker 2: Now. I promised everyone that I stop.
Speaker 5: You want to hear how that's Tucker Carlson's favorite God damn it. We got our own talker now, whoa, yeah, all right, all my friends are ingesting poison this year?
Speaker 2: Great, that's right, okay cool?
Speaker 4: Uh. I also went camping, but before camping, pro move, folks, if you're camping somewhere far away, go fucking stay in a hotel the night before, because then you'll be already charging shit after a dry Yeah, but I stayed in Palm Springs, and I didn't realize that the hotel that I booked was very very very very very lgbt Q. I a friendly because after I went back to the car to go grab some stuff, and as soon as I hop into the elevator, there were three men in leather gimsuits and they wished me happy New Year. They were very friendly. They asked if I wanted to slice a pizza.
Speaker 2: I declined.
Speaker 6: Was it three guys in a gimsuit holding a pizza?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 4: One of them had like a cool dog mask, though, and then I felt compelled to ask, like, where do you get that? Because that kind of looks cool? But yeah, yeah, fantastic. I'm glad we all had a pleasant holiday.
Speaker 5: Do you think it was Do you think that was also a chain together a cosplay like that time we were having that lunch and we saw those people together and we were like, oh are they are they sexual deviance or are they doing a chain together?
Speaker 1: It was so weird because nothing else about them screamed sexual deviant. They were dressed like just normal ass clothes, but just like a weird chain situation between them.
Speaker 5: Uh huh?
Speaker 2: Do you okay?
Speaker 4: These these men in these leather gimsuits, they didn't have like proper shoes on. Are like leather or those types of leather suits? Are they like onesies? They got built in shoesies?
Speaker 2: Yea.
Speaker 7: I saw like a TikTok or something of like some lady cosplayer who was in a kind of a onesie and she just like took like she like unzipped something on like the bottom part and just tilted it and like two leaders of sweat came out of it. And that's how I'm thinking about with these gipseys TikTok.
Speaker 2: Yes, nothing sexy about.
Speaker 1: What are your thoughts on that scene in the Jackass movie where they're on the treadmill and they sweat into that student then drink it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't one. Oh it's like a whole cup give me a break.
Speaker 7: It was definitely a TikTok or a Facebook or what TikTok or one of those TikTok ajacent things that every social media platform they just became TikTok.
Speaker 2: Well, soon will become TikTok.
Speaker 7: You're not gonna try to pin anything weird on me today, Dan, I'm not gonna take it. Don't anybody come in here like, well, there's a difference between weird and dumb.
Speaker 2: No, there's not. Those are not two exclusive things. Something can be dumb and weird, not weird.
Speaker 6: I'll take dumb.
Speaker 2: I might be the weird one. That's right. It is.
Speaker 5: It is dumb to put the asparagus in the thing without checking what the liquid was. It is weird to know what it is and then eat it like that. It's just two different that.
Speaker 2: There was also lazy.
Speaker 1: There was some logic that, well, I didn't have other asparagus. I didn't have backup asparagus.
Speaker 2: You just don't eat exparagus.
Speaker 5: That one night was I gonna.
Speaker 2: Have not my toothell out? Weird were insane trying to fix the camera. I think everything I did was reasonable. This is our own No, no, it's not. You can't think that. That can't be your take away from it.
Speaker 1: Well, considering literally everyone that knows me thinks that was insane, even for me, maybe they're all wrong.
Speaker 4: You know, Dan, I've known you for quite a while as well. That is not the most insane thing. Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 5: I think it's just weird you didn't have asparagus in reserve.
Speaker 1: I mean, I had Brussels sprouts, but I had not done the research on how to properly prepare it yet, so I didn't feel comfortable.
Speaker 2: He just put it in there with some salt and pepper, and so that's.
Speaker 5: How you do all the vegetables in the air. Fiar.
Speaker 1: We all can't be the same temperature and time.
Speaker 2: Maybe the time is different, but you can check it.
Speaker 4: Hey. Game of the Year came out over the holiday break. We recorded those podcasts while we were all down in Los Angeles. Uh, and I suggest you go check those out. We did four days of podcasts, three days of categories, and then day four we crowned our Game of the Year. A lot of fun discussions, fun times. We had one of my favorite games of the years that I've done here.
Speaker 2: Yes, that was a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we also snuck in a little Secret Santa at the tippy top of day four. If you're a podcast listener, I suggest you check out the YouTube video for that because you need the visual component of the secret Santa gifts that we all got for each other. Special shout out though to Ash audio engineer that helped us out and hung out with.
Speaker 2: Us the whole time.
Speaker 4: I was not expecting someone to to have a live audience of a really nice and neat mixer dude, and then Zach for joining us on day two to help switch cameras and everything.
Speaker 2: As always.
Speaker 4: Special shouts out to Emma as well. Let's talk about games.
Speaker 5: Should put a game on.
Speaker 2: This lit.
Speaker 4: Ca well Dan figures out his camera woes. I have to tell you guys about my newest addiction, and no it's not Zen because I've kicked that habit because of Jeff Grubb. Thank you, You're welcome. I'm gonna name my third dog after you. Marvel Rivals Folks has dominated my game time, my gaming time out during the break. I'm playing too much of this game. I've not touched competitive at all. I'm just matching it for fun. I'm just playing for fun and having fun. Go figure. I know that it's gone the bad rap initially because.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's an Overwatch clone. Oh I'm so sick of Marvel.
Speaker 4: But as someone like like I've mentioned previously, i'd never got into the Overwatch boom. I am a fan of Marvel, and I do enjoy that there are an obscene amount of heroes to choose from that, and there's some light variety because my TikTok algorithm won't show me cosplay ladies with sweat dripping out of their boots, but it will show me different character showcases or character tutorials in Marvel Rivals, and I'll see one of those, and then I'll hop back into Marvel Rivals and just like, all right, let's go.
Speaker 2: Check this out. Oh, I'm really good at this.
Speaker 4: And over the span of like the two weeks two week break, I every two three days I would switch to a new hero and think that I'm absolutely amazing. But I'm still too scared to hop into competitive or ranked. But man, it's just so damn fun. Like God, I don't care which class or I'm playing as like whether it's the tank DPS or the healing class, because I feel like all of them are so well balanced enough, and because since I'm just doing the quick matches, people don't know anything about team comps, so we'll have a team full of tanks and then no one has the ability to heal and all right, I guess I should heal someone or try and heal as many people as possible. So I'll just want to pop it in as Cloak and Dagger or my girl in a snow and then we'll have a little rave.
Speaker 5: It's great. I'm having so much fun, guys.
Speaker 4: I would really enjoy playing with y'all again.
Speaker 7: We should do that again, especially once the Fantastic Four come out. I'm trying to check my like Overwatch snobbery a little bit, like I have like two minds of the whole we're releasing four heroes at once thing, and like just how many heroes they release with, because I'm like, you can't possibly balance four heroes at once.
Speaker 2: That's ridiculous.
Speaker 5: And they're like, you're right, Mike Mana, we don't care, right, And.
Speaker 7: I'm like, yeah, maybe that's part of the problem with Overwatch is that they cared so much about violence. Now, the part of the reason why they cared is because there is such an influencer culture around Overwatch, and there are some people watching these videos and like those people would be like, well, this this hero is trashing. This hero is good. So everybody'd be like, well that must that's correct then, and that matters to what I'm doing playing in Silver Teer, right. It became this big problem. So yeah, maybe it's better just to discard that. I definitely want to play more. I know there's another complaint I hear about the game is just that the servers aren't amazing and sometimes the lag can be kind of if you hear there. I don't know how much of an actual problem that is, but I'd be down to play with some more for sure.
Speaker 5: Yes. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I got the chance to talk to some of the Marvel Rivals team during the TGA's actually and very cool dope team through and through, and one of like the design principles or developed for principles that someone had told me was like, yeah, I just told my team to just like fucking make a dope ass game. We'll figure out all the balancing shit later. And that's why I love that they're just gonna drop four new characters, four different classes. Uh this Friday Grub. I think you and Finelle yesterday we're talking about the possibility of maybe some of the characters being paired together, just because that's how Cloak and Dagger are. But no, it looks like there could be four individual characters for individual characters.
Speaker 5: Yep. Yeah, they all look really really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they all look hot.
Speaker 5: They look hot as hell.
Speaker 2: Okay, Oh no Dan, Yeah, oh that's good.
Speaker 5: Okay, No, it's is it good?
Speaker 2: Are you recording?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 2: How are you bad?
Speaker 5: Mic?
Speaker 2: Dan? Oh?
Speaker 5: Hang on, he looks like a bad ape.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's going on that this mic? Okay, yes, is this good? It's bad? Oh?
Speaker 4: Uh, stop your audio report.
Speaker 5: You ever see that image with human Yeah?
Speaker 2: There we go. Oh yeah, yeah, that's good.
Speaker 5: That's what Dan looks like right now.
Speaker 6: Okay, I guess I could just hold this.
Speaker 5: You can just point a view decreasing.
Speaker 2: Okay, uh the for audio list, there's Dan has switched to a phone.
Speaker 5: A phone for his camera. He was gone for a while. When Jam was talking about a game, Dan very rudely just left to go do this and yeah, and now he's still trying to fix it. The camera was way up close to his face. We were seeing his mouth and his eyes.
Speaker 6: It's a wide you know, Okay, look at that.
Speaker 2: That's all good. Yeah, yeah, it's good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Marvel Rivals is great. I think there's something for everyone there. No matter what type of character action shooter you enjoy, there is a character for you. That being said, I hate everyone that plays Iron Man the guy except he was fun except Dan. Also, it's just so hilarious how frail spider Man is and how terrible I feel every time like I'll take out a spider Man.
Speaker 2: Why yeah, because like no.
Speaker 4: Because spider Man's like oh Peter Parker on no group responsibility.
Speaker 1: Oh, spider Man is a character. Oh no, I I meant to say he sucks in the game as a character. But I also I very much think spider Man the character sucks.
Speaker 5: Ass.
Speaker 2: Oh yes.
Speaker 1: I had to stop watching that No Way Home movie that everyone said was even if you don't like Marvel movies, try this. It's like I never stop a movie halfway through. I could not make it through that. There's a homecoming?
Speaker 6: Is that homecoming? What was the first one with the new guy?
Speaker 5: It was Homecoming?
Speaker 6: I couldn't make it through that.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's not a great movie. I don't Yeah, whatever, but spider Man is a cool guy. No, he's got me two whiney, I.
Speaker 6: Think idiot kid, Like, I just why am I rooting for this guy?
Speaker 7: Man, you have very you have very narrow views on what kind of heroes you like. Snake, that's yeah, your entire Joan the hero is is based entirely on eighties action movies.
Speaker 4: Thinking about eighties action movies, Mike Manati, I see that you beat it Indiana Jones.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 7: Yes, uh, that's something I was kind of doing through the holidays. There was finishing up Indiana Jones. It was a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: It's interesting.
Speaker 7: I hear a lot of different like people having peaks and valleys with the game, like like Jeff started kind of mellow and got high on it by the end. Dan started off pretty high seats like and then kind of fell off it to even finish it.
Speaker 2: It's a really good it's a really good game.
Speaker 6: But then it made me swim and I had an instant death snake section.
Speaker 2: But I was like, that was they didn't want to see the ending.
Speaker 1: I want you play the ending. And I was like, oh man, that was pretty good, yeah, pretty good.
Speaker 2: Huh yeah that the end stuff is great. I don't.
Speaker 7: I'm not gonna spoil anything there, but like some of the some of just like the shots that you got from it, I was like, Man, this wasn't a movie. Uh this this would breathe some iconic stuff. Probably they'd be showing us off forever. Good good, good good stuff there, Like the final kind of boss fight I thought was all really neat. But yeah, like I feel like I'm weird because I was just basically like, I like this, and then I liked it the entire way. I never got to a section of the game where I thought the quality dipped or maybe even got significantly better. I know some people maybe don't like the third area and some of the kind of boat stuff you do there, but I'm a big fan of the boat stuff.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie jungle cruise, right, you.
Speaker 5: Know, yeah I could have guessed that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so that was making me happy.
Speaker 7: It is funny because like, the game's not doing any particular thing amazingly well, but it's just the right balance of all this familiar stuff. And it's a bit of a unique balance of all this familiar stuff. The expiration, the puzzle solving, right, the action that just feels really good and it feels very Indiana Jones. It's a big part liking the game is just I like Indiana Jones a lot, and it feels awesome to have, you know what, does feel like the best Indiana Jones story that I've seen for me since Fate of Atlantis and then you know, going back, you know, maybe since Last Crusade. Right, we're talking movies. So I was very pleased with it. I had a good time with that. I hope they do more.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that that Indian really does bring everything together, amplify like it amplies the stakes, introduced some like last new cool things, and yeah, I was really really happy with it. It's it's a good game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I haven't checked it out yet, but I intend to soon.
Speaker 5: You got you got game pass again, right, it's on there.
Speaker 4: I got game Pass again because someone said just do it. Speaking about game pass, yes, God about game Pass. Something that I checked out real quick last night and I've seen the interwebs talking about it pervently during the holiday break is nine Souls Grub.
Speaker 2: You checked this out briefly, right, I did.
Speaker 5: I I'm gonna say I bounced off of it. I kind of feel bad about that. A little bit, because everyone seems to love it so much, and it's Metro Advane, it should be my thing. I I don't know, I just I don't remember a ton of it. But what I remember thinking is like, some of these gimmicks are just not working for me, not clicking for me. And there was other Metro Adveners I wanted to play.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I'm in the same boat. I think I'm quicker to bounce off. I've maybe spent like two or so hours in and it's pleasant. I do enjoy the character designs and how it looks. Yeah, sure, based off of like any screenshots that I've seen, the game quickly derails like Grub's Holiday Train into like a different type of story, and I'm not necessary really clicking with the story. Maybe the Metroid venus I click with kind of just dump you into the action faster.
Speaker 2: And is that what it was?
Speaker 5: That might be what it was for me, And that's that's a shame, because that's always what it is with me. I thought I thought it was interesting this time.
Speaker 4: Never mind, Uh, yeah, it just took quite a while to get in there. I do enjoy the pair the pairing system. That was fun and like the talisman blowing up stuff that you get early on in the beginning. Hey, anytime you can parry like a big, gigantic character or a boss, I'm all for that, Mike. I'm curious, though, how would you feel if Mega Man could parry?
Speaker 2: Hmm?
Speaker 7: You know, like initially, I'm like Megnae doesn't need a perry. Then they gave Samus a parry and that ship felt real good.
Speaker 6: A Mega Man.
Speaker 2: You kind of have that with the z X games, especially Advance, you know what. Pretty good. I would love to see them go like lean really deep into that. Actually, I think it'd be fun, like.
Speaker 7: Even like to the point where you have like the eight Boss stores just kind of around the world. And Yeah, I'm actually surprised they haven't dived further into that world. There must be some there's so many Mega Man fan games, somebody must have just basically have made one of those at this point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm also bum grub that I haven't really clicked with Nine Souls more than I did. Maybe's stick with it a bit more because I do enjoy the look. It's a pleasant cat looking person. But yeah, I don't know. After some other metroid veins they came out last year as well. It's kind of hard to just stick with one that isn't immediately grabbing me speaking about I think that's.
Speaker 5: What the thing is, was sorry. That is the thing with metroid Vein is that maybe the reason I like them so much is I am usually caught in their web immediately like it, just like they throw me in the world, give me some stuff, be like, all right, maybe will either take the stuff away with the abilities, or we're going to make it very clear that if you just go a little you're gonna get something cool, and then that's going to enable you to get another thing cool. I'm like, okay, I'm in the loop. Let's go. And I just didn't feel that with Nine Souls right away. And again that's my impatience and stuff like that. But that's just what I like for Mitroy Venus.
Speaker 7: Real quick, somebody somebody found the sweat video. It was It was just on Twitter. It turns out, did you guys want to watch it and react? Yeah, there's no pornography on Twitter. Yeah, I send it to the I send it to our channel here. You sure you don't want.
Speaker 2: To watch it?
Speaker 7: It's boy, it's even more than I remembered. I think she stressed up like a Evangeline character.
Speaker 2: What's that show called Evangelian?
Speaker 4: Yeah, geez, get cultured man, Joel Austin over here, huh. Well, you know, watching videos on Twitter can be very tricky, whether or not it is going to be adult content or something else.
Speaker 2: But Dan, I'm.
Speaker 1: Assuming this is you Tricky Madness. Yeah, Ben Hansen told me about this. It's in early access. It's only got like two stages. Just look up any image or two seconds of video of Tricky Madness and tell me what you think of IT'SX. It is like it seems like legally actionable SSX.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, big ass.
Speaker 1: Floating snowflake score multipliers. Just the way you're doing the tricks and everything, it's exactly what. Like, I love snowboarding games. I love you know, cool borders and ten eighty and all that stuff. SSX is always my number one like go to, and so just playing a new thing that's being made now that is just straight up SSX makes me happy.
Speaker 2: So I didn't like Deadly Dissent.
Speaker 1: I thought that one was like we're adding like weird like temperature gear and stuff like.
Speaker 6: That's that's not what I want for my SSX at all.
Speaker 1: It's very early access, but just playing it, it's like, oh, they got the feel right. It feels like SSX. Uh So I will be monitoring this as it keeps going forward. But I've been playing on the Steam deck. Works great there, but it's just got like a race thing and a show off mode.
Speaker 6: That's pretty much Yet.
Speaker 5: What is the agreed upon on best SSX?
Speaker 2: Okay, Tricky.
Speaker 1: I firstly did that top twenty, top one hundred of the last twenty five years thing, and some people were mad at me that I put three instead of Tricky, and it was something I had to consider because I love both of them. Tricky is like a much better version of one, and I like the uber moves and all that stuff. Three, with the whole like one mountain thing and the branching paths, I just thought there was more there to three. But I couldn't argue anyone saying Tricky. They're both incredible games. I think people are pretty split on that. I'm team three, but I think it's yeah. I think it's a dead heat. I got I got to bring up the sweat thing one more time to defend myself. Everyone's like algorithm algorithm. It was on Twitter. Somebody just retweeted.
Speaker 5: It my feet Okay, too much, I might be.
Speaker 1: I have to.
Speaker 2: When everyone comes out me like this around it.
Speaker 6: Kind of feels like we're not coming at you too hard.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we moved off.
Speaker 2: Yeah about so no.
Speaker 1: Take away from this episode where ye ye help your cause you're seeing me.
Speaker 2: This is helping, This.
Speaker 6: Is helping Mike.
Speaker 4: Someone run a pole in the chat now, because I think it is a little weird. How gleeful you are, Mike, and how how worked up you're getting. He's vibrating.
Speaker 7: I'm always vibrating. You know this about me? You see me in person. I don't even watch the video yet.
Speaker 2: I'm good. That's what you mean.
Speaker 1: You a gun point to watch the entirety of them. You can just past them.
Speaker 2: I just it just a surprising amount of sweat. It's gross. Okay, all right.
Speaker 5: Many people have voted that you're not weird about sweat, Mike. Don't worry.
Speaker 2: Many of the fantastic double Dan didn't get any votes.
Speaker 4: When we get to pull being weird, well, Dan, uh, you know we talked a bunch about the asparagus. Did you feel the need to apply mouthwash after eating a bunch of that.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Mouthwashing. Okay, this is one of those things that I thought that, like, okay, uh, I didn't look too much into it before I played it. I was just intrigued by like the look and kind of the way people were talking about this game and stuff. You know, people weren't spoiling anything, but just like the vibe around this game.
Speaker 5: Have you played how Fisher made?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: Were you in the stream when I played that?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, no.
Speaker 1: No, So I was like, I'm just going to download this site I'm seeing. It was the break I had some time. I heard it was just a couple hours long, and I was like, you know what, even if this is not my type of thing, like I figure because I know it was a talkie story based thing, but I was like.
Speaker 2: It's two hours.
Speaker 1: I can and that's a movie, you know, which is why you know, something like a thousand times resisted metaphor. I couldn't just get my toe into that. That's a much bigger commitment. Yeah, holy shit, I love this game. Mouthwashing was fucking awesome and incredibly well told story. There's just a handful of characters that are all extremely interesting and fleshed out. I mean there's almost no like real gamey part of it. It is just kind of like walking from thing to thing and seeing these vignettes kind of play out and very kind of non linear storytelling, you know, pull fiction style, but yeah, just the mystery of what happened to the ship, and then like learning about all these different characters, and there is a lot of like you know, it's not full on like wrestling style like hel Babyface turns. It's much more subtle than that, but there is like oh, okay, I'm this guy. And then it's like wait, I think I suck, and it's like what this kuy sucks. It's like, wait, don't know, that's actually kind of a sad story. That's actually, oh, that's kind of a sympathetic story. That's It's there's just a layer of depth to the characters in this game that I am not used to in games, because maybe a big part of it is because I don't seek these type of games out. I'm sure you're a thousand times Resists and all those, you know, I have plenty of deep characters, but I don't my tone in there that much.
Speaker 6: I don't see it much.
Speaker 5: So that's like there's a lot of a thousand times resist games either, Like.
Speaker 2: Sure, but I don't just go leazy.
Speaker 1: I'm like, look, obviously, there's a bunch of like deep deeper characters and stories and games that I haven't seen. This one I just really really thought was incredibly well done. The esthetic was incredible, but more than anything, just the characters themselves. I was just like, awesome, this is this is fantastic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do want to check it out now.
Speaker 7: I am instantly drawn to the PS one style aesthetic, of course.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I was always planning on playing this because I really did enjoy how fish are made. I believe that's how with.
Speaker 6: The same developer.
Speaker 5: That's from the same developer. Yeah, and that's like another one that's like, is that forty five minutes an hour that's also worth playing. It's weird and fun, and yeah, that's a good one to like just maybe put on to begin a stream or something like that. So this one's weird.
Speaker 1: It's not like, you know, I didn't know if it was gonna be like a horror game or anything going in. I wouldn't call it that. It's not a scary game. It is unsettling. There's definitely some stuff you have to do at times, or it's like, oh well I don't like this, Oh I got to go do that again. I don't like the sounds on that happens like it's I have never played anything like it, and I really was over the moon about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for folks that have played in completed Mouthwashing, I think one of the most unsettling moments for me is when you have to turn a bunch of cranks to get to to get.
Speaker 2: The right flow.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't want to spoil anything.
Speaker 6: Mine was having to feed something ofttimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like that very good game. But I think you're right, Dan, because I don't know. I love Metaphor. It was my number one game on my personal list, But thinking about how much time I spent with it, I would go back and do that all again. But I just something about Mouthwashing and only spending like two and a half hours with it just just so like it felt more powerful. But maybe that's because like I treat it like a movie of like this is a brief and concise, tight experience. If anyone has any other REX similar to Mouthwashing, please send them my I.
Speaker 5: Was gonna throw this out as well. Yeah, I like to get the year started. I'm like, I would like to just go beat a video game, and you know it would help with that if it was like an hour to two hours long. And I was just thinking, I'm like, I was gonna put out, Hey, please give me some recommendations. I'm gonna start with a mouthwashing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll try it, just to get the vibe of it. And like, I just played the whole thing in a day and I was walked away super satisfied.
Speaker 5: Yep, but everyone has any more recommendations, Like you know, tiny Terry's in a short hike. Things like that. Gave me some more of those.
Speaker 2: Oh, I got a short one for you, grub that gets right into it.
Speaker 5: You don't please?
Speaker 6: You know what I started again?
Speaker 5: I bet it was very short. Go ahead, please?
Speaker 2: Are you still in the tutorial a couple of hours? It's I decided to start Red Dead two again. Why I'm ready for the turn? I joined my side.
Speaker 5: It's good.
Speaker 2: I embrace the turn.
Speaker 1: I embrace the like coming at it from like reevaluating something in a different space, removed from expectations. I mean, we saw it Apple with desk stranding, and I was glad to do that that was a very positive experience for me to go back and appreciate it. And it's the exact same situation with Red Dead two. I mean, I'm not saying I'm gonna I'm not suddenly pro Red Dead two or anything, but I'm saying I'm in the right space now where it's I am wondered from the expectation I do.
Speaker 2: I am meeting it on its own terms.
Speaker 1: I'm not so because I'm play do the tutorial and stuff now and I'm remembering how I felt the first time, where it's like, why is it taking me this long to open this cabinet and grab this can of beans and stuff? But I'm expecting it now this time. Also, I'm playing it on PC and that game in four K at one hundred and twenty frames a second. Holy shit, that game is what seven years old now, and it's still just like, how does it look this incredible? So, yeah, I'm playing it in a totally different circumstance now. I'm you know, I'm at the camp. You know, I've started like hunting and things like that. It's still kind of teaching me the systems. There is still a lot of stuff that I'm like oooh boy. Okay, so to grab stuff for my horse cargo, I got to hold this and then do this, and then to do this I got There's just so many goddamn systems and control things to remember.
Speaker 5: But have you considered I know a lot of you guys don't normally do this, but have you considered mods to like make it more your thing?
Speaker 2: I looked at it.
Speaker 1: I saw there were saves where it's like, oh, let's get it past. Uh, here's a save file that puts you past the opening. It's like, now, if I'm going to do it, let's do it.
Speaker 5: And I did look at to like that either, but like I would maybe some fundamental systems to the game. I would do that.
Speaker 1: I glanced to see if there's like, oh, speedy animations or something like that, and there might be something like that. But I just at a certain point decided, like, let's just do it proper and just see if I can meet it on its terms this time. So well, see, I mean, I just kind of looked at the calendar and I was like, outside of like Donkey Kong Country, you know, re release, there's not a whole lot coming out in the.
Speaker 2: Next few weeks. It's been nice.
Speaker 6: I'd beata games in the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 5: I should just play those.
Speaker 6: Yeah, those are still super fucking fun.
Speaker 4: Where did you beat those two Castlevania games.
Speaker 6: On my Steam deck and the Dominant collection jam that's right, Yes.
Speaker 2: That's that's that's the decrease serves with you. You never mentioned the part where you cut yourself with a state knife, by the way, or filled.
Speaker 6: The room with smoke.
Speaker 1: The smoke was not from the decrease or that was from the chicken. Yeah, that was several that's what's that. That was in the Sioux VD. No. I went to go see it in the pan afterwards, but I sprayed. I looked again, I googled it. I was like, do I put the oil in first or do I heat it up first? And they're like, heat it up first, then put the oil in and then quickly put the gimmick in there. And I did it, and real quick it just started smoking everywhere. It's probably too hot too, no, because I've seen that before and I know my stove runs a little hot. So it said do medium high heat. So I did a little blow medium, thinking I was airing on the side of caution and it's still just filling up. Hey, oil is touchy, like this is yeah, but everything need to oil. So it's like I don't know how anyone cooks anything. So anyway, well we're talking about Castlevania. Yes, I beat Don of Sorrow and Portrait of ruin Mike. I was kind of inspired by you because I thought like, oh, i'll boot up Donna Sorrow. I'll see how it handles kind of the touch stuff and everything and whatever. And then Mike, You're like, no, I beat all three of them, and it's like, oh shit, right, these aren't that long really, even like getting the super endings like I did the real endings of Don and Portrait and uh oh shit, there's just so much fun.
Speaker 2: They're like seven or eight hours each. Even if you do the real.
Speaker 1: It's interesting to go back and be like, oh right, Don of Sorrow was the first one on the DS, so like that did have a little bit of drawing the seals and breaking the gammicked up gets gimmicked up a little bit, and Portrait are ruined. I don't think there was any touch screen stuff in Portrait. I can't imagine.
Speaker 5: I think they got the backlash from people being like this is just get in the way like that was in the reviews to be like useless touch screen stuff. So they always sort of overcompensated for those things and then follow up yeah yeah, and they'll do that with Order Ecclesia too. That's where it's like, oh, the formula is getting a little bit stale, so now that we're going to greatly vastly change up the formula with the Order of Eclacy.
Speaker 1: And I remember loving Order. I remember that being like a pretty difficult one, so I think I am going to move on to Order. But overall, I'd say I like Don Better. I really just love that soul system that was an Aria of Sorrow also where you just killed things then you get their powers. Portrait does the gimmick where you're swapping between the characters and there's some interesting things you can do there and how they play off each other and do tag team attacks and stuff.
Speaker 6: But ultimately I think I like Don Better.
Speaker 2: I remember really liking some of the boss fights and Portrait like it was neat how you have a kind of there's like the death boss fights and it kind of had these phases that made you switch between the two characters and then like I think at the end too, because you have to the final boss fight isn't just Dracula. It's like Dracula and Death. Yeah, so it's a two v two Like that's pretty meant.
Speaker 1: It's a Tornado tag against Dracula to tag, right exactly?
Speaker 2: Did you do the I think you had to for the the right ending, But that optional Richter fight that's real hard.
Speaker 1: Well, you don't have to do that. That's just to get the vampire killer, that's right. So the thing you have to do to get the real ending is you have to get that sanctuary spell for Charlotte, and you have to like the vampire those two sisters right right.
Speaker 2: Right right, all that stuff. Yeah, did you do the optional Richter fights?
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, I got the whip that like homes in the like Nebula whip or whatever. So I just got just like whipping down at him. Those games kick ass. They were just like second, Oh, they're just so good. Order is also a ton of fun.
Speaker 7: The formula swap is nice and it is definitely the hardest one, which kind of makes things interesting.
Speaker 2: It's just a fantastic collection. So glad they did that and absolutely killed it.
Speaker 1: It's just, Yeah, I've been watching Kayla play through Symphony for the first time. So while she's been playing Symphony, I've been playing these on the Steam deck and it's just I'm thinking about like those seven games, specifically Symphony, the three g b as, the three DS ones, and now that they're all in these collections, they're all easily playable.
Speaker 2: It's just like, what a killer set of games.
Speaker 5: The Weird one.
Speaker 2: It's what you can't play it on switch. It strives me crazy, I.
Speaker 6: Know, but you can play it on Xbox and PlayStation.
Speaker 5: Is doing a follow up to Bloodstain.
Speaker 6: I hope so, because I fucking love blood Saying too.
Speaker 5: Blood Sain is really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think, I think so. I think that's Mike.
Speaker 1: I saw you said you like Curse the Moon a lot. I I did to the ny Style one and its.
Speaker 2: Sequel to that too. That one's that was great also, it's just the best.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Mike, Mike Banada, you've been playing your own collection of older games here. I see you've been playing Fantasy Star one.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so well, I finished Dragon Quest three HD two D and had a great time, and like once I was done with that and it was still sort of this holiday break, I'm like, I still actually just want to play old j RPGs. It turns out and the Sega Ages version of Fantasy Star one was on sale on Switch, and this is you know, so this was a Master System j rpg came out just one year after Dragon Quest is still very much like influenced by that.
Speaker 2: It's very early on.
Speaker 5: I think there's a there's like a chance someone listening doesn't actually know what the Master System is.
Speaker 2: Oh cool, the master System was so that was Sega's console before the Genesis. It was like their NS competitors, their eight bit console. And it's weird because, like, you know, playing this, this isn't doesn't it doesn't have like retouch graphics or anything. The Sega Ages version. It is just that game.
Speaker 7: But it's like, oh man, this is like looks noicely better than any any S game would. There's just it's just more colorful. You don't have as much. Maybe the screen flickering was a thing that was there it isn't, but yeah, the Master System was more powerful than the Nies. It just still wasn't as big of a hit because Nintendo was so big.
Speaker 2: Unless you in Brazil yeah, they loved the moss, they loved the master system there, but no, gosh, I just that was such a fun sort of thing to do, especially Christmas week, every night was playing through this very old JRPYG. And the Second Age's version does have some nice quality of life stuff like it has a whole Sake ages mode that turns down the encounter rate a bit and increases the XP and gold you get from each fight, so still compensates, so you still will go through a dungeon and get the same amount of experience and money that you should get, just without having to grind out quite as many fights. You know, me, I don't mind grinding that much. But it still is a nice quality of life thing. There's just like easily accessible menus that explain what all the spells and all the equipment do. It's still, you know, a very old RPG, so having a guide online to kind of give you a little help.
Speaker 5: What to do.
Speaker 2: You could be very old school and just go and blind and explore and talk to every townsperson and kind of figure it out. But it's yeah, I don't mind having that guide help me there. What state is like? You know, back then this game had that first person dungeon crawling thing right where it's like, whoa, it looks like it's like three D kind of because you know you're going down these corridors, you're turning left and right. Some any games did that.
Speaker 7: I think, like the Friday the thirteenth were, uh, Fester's Quest I think has some.
Speaker 2: Of these you know what I'm talking question?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, Fester, there's Quess and I'm like, there's still something charming about all this.
Speaker 1: Oh god, Bester's Quest Minatti Blake Club, he could be Fester.
Speaker 2: Makeup. Oh my god, it is Fester's Question that bad? Yes, the only has a kid? When I had all the patients.
Speaker 5: Owned well, everybody required it. I don't know if I actually owned it.
Speaker 2: Everybody in Fester's Quest so fucking bad. Yes, though the music's good. Oh that'd be so good. Okay, I'm already missed. I won't say anything. I don't say anything.
Speaker 7: That quest, Mitch's Quest that I already looked like Uncle Fester the first time I tried to be quant I probably still have the white makeup. Great, but yeah, it was just a really pleasant play through the Fantasy Star one. The whole aesthetic a Fancy Star is really nice to kind of colorful space thing. I don't know what you call it, but you know when Dragon Ball, like where Balma lives, everybody lives in like these giant domes or capsules, Like it's dome sci fi. It's not quite Jetsons. It doesn't have that fifties Americana spin to it. It's this eighties anime. Everyone's living in domes and they're all like colored purple. I like that aesthetic a lot. So Fantasy Star's cool. I wish it would make a you know, all these new all these franchises coming back, and I love Fancy Star Online. I'd love they made an actual new like single player Fancy Star.
Speaker 2: Jereviygy.
Speaker 7: I played four before the jeffyd Genesis and that's awesome. Haven't played two or three. I know people don't like three. I might do that, but yes, I beat that, and I still still jan. My craving for Classic Jeripeg's was not satiated.
Speaker 2: Mike. You talk about the the circular houses, and you know what else is circular? Maybe spherical even Yes, this is where you fill in the blank. Oh, I say earth that's right, earthbound, that's right, Earthbound.
Speaker 7: Gosh, I still just craved more. Especially I love playing these games in bed.
Speaker 2: Its kind of my cozy, like, oh, I'm gonna play an hour or two of a JRPG and then I'm gonna fall asleep. And Earthbound has been such a blind spot for me as somebody who loves Nintendo and JRPGs. I've started it many times before in the past, like ever since, like the Super Nintendo was originally a thing of renting it. I always had a little bit difficulty getting too far into it, and now, especially you know, during when I was sick, I played a lot of it. I almost beat it. I'm like, I'm almost.
Speaker 7: There already, and yeah, I'm totally getting it. The quirkiness is really fun. It's not like it's never like a hilarious game, right, but it's.
Speaker 2: A lot of like, eh, yeah, sensible, yeah, a lot of sensible chuck, Like you know, just realizing, Oh, I started in one nets.
Speaker 7: Then I go to this town called like like two food or something, and then three I'm like, oh, I get it. They're just numbering the town's. Ah, that's that's neat, right.
Speaker 2: You go talk to a dog in the store, and the dogs like I have been possessed by the spirit of the game developer.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna explain to you how equipment words that's good's that's very good. I think what helps too is that I've played so much more like Dragon Quest now, and that's really much more what this is like. It's a lot like Dragon Quests more so than it's like a Final Fantasy per se with some of that old school stuff. Especially like the one thing that I bet will great people and even great to me a little bit is the strict inventory stuff. Whreach character has their own inventory and it's kind of limited, and even key items and they like equipped stuff you have is gonna take up slots there, so constantly sort of juggling the equipment and transferring it between people, you have to like call your sister and she'll send somebody to pick up stuff don't want. So that is maybe a little bit of a hassle, But otherwise the charm still holds up really well a lot of ways. It holds up lot better than a lot of the other sixteen big games. The translation is really good, and maybe that's just because like having the translation be a little bit off, which always happen with these games works really well for Earthbound because the whole thing is kind of off anyways, But yeah, super having fun with that. I'm trying to figure out I want to just do Mother three right after this, because I'm I'm still a SAP and I'm holding out hope that we just actually get Mother three released here someday. I don't have a problem with, you know, doing a fan translation, but you know, I would prefer to do an official release.
Speaker 5: M h, all right, have a question, Yes, why was the Earthbound box big?
Speaker 7: Because it came with a strategy guide because they were convinced, guy, we kids.
Speaker 2: Will get lost.
Speaker 7: And you know again, I am like, I do have a guide open on my phone a lot of times when I'm playing the game, just to make sure I know what I'm doing. But yeah, I wonder that too as a kids, Like why is this so big? I seemed to came like a multi tab or yes, I think that's what I assumed.
Speaker 5: I saw like multiple characters in the art and I'm like, oh, it must be a multi tap, must be a multiplayer game. Oh shot friends, and then very much.
Speaker 2: A single player thing. Yeah, just it just came with the guy that's kind of nice. That's smart speaking about round things. These are occasionally round. And Dan, I'm gonna assume you put this on the duck berries.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys like mester alities like the fruits. Yeah, like blue black, straw rasp.
Speaker 2: Like the.
Speaker 1: Right, Like you did not put berries berries things I've known about, but I've been comfortable with banana this my whole life.
Speaker 2: I've never really thought about berries before. Wait no, this is this is the stuff that goes on the top of the show.
Speaker 1: I know, but I just wanted to like make sure there was a specific shout out for berries, because like I got this like multi pack of berries. I got one that's just strawberries and one that's blue black and rasp and I will just like normally I would just go eat a bunch of Starburst or something, and now I only have healthy food in the house.
Speaker 6: I'm doing this whole health gimmick.
Speaker 1: And I was just like, eat a couple of raspberries and I'm be like, this kicks ass. It has so much flavor in like one berry, it's got a fun texture. They got like a little weird hairs on him. It is like, seriously, I'm like over the moon about berries, right, now sayone else.
Speaker 7: Imagining Dan is like a hutter gatherer and like a tribe just being so excited about the berries coming.
Speaker 5: I'm actually imagine the exact opposite, like all these other people are hunting, hunting and gathering like berries, and he's just like, what the fuck's that? And then like finally forty years later he tries when he's like, oh, well, this is what you guys were doing.
Speaker 2: I was only eating taboo.
Speaker 1: I had so many opportunities because Ben Hanson at his old place, he used to have a raspberry bush and like berry guy. Well, yeah, whenever we'd be like walking into his house, like we'd be coming back from somewhere, he would just pick a raspberry off and eat one and try one of these, just try one.
Speaker 2: I'm like, no, you just picked it right off of the bush. There's no way that's safe. And now that I need a bar code on my food. Yeah, So now that I know they're safe.
Speaker 1: And I just bought it from Whole Foods from the Amazon Corporation, I'm like, oh, ship, this is fucking incredible.
Speaker 5: What what how do the peanuts get the shell? Is that what you were?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 6: That was I haven't thought about yeah, I thought about.
Speaker 2: I haven't thought about. That's not weird, Okay, say raspberry raspberry.
Speaker 5: Okay, now, let's I I this is what I always get hung up on this one because it's always weird. How to spell this one? Dan, you're good at spelling. How you spell r A S P B E R r y? Yeah, rasping in there, sneaks in there. It's like the extra R in February, the Wedness day. Yeah, what any yesterday?
Speaker 2: That's okay? Okay, yeah, no, just a big, big berry guy now, all right? Cool shouts out to the barrio. I guess.
Speaker 1: Also, my nutritious dietician lady said the cheese sticks are good, and so I just I eat a bunch of cheese sticks now and it's healthy.
Speaker 6: I know, I know, I know. Yeah.
Speaker 4: God, well, I'm I'm glad that that berries are lighting up your life. But it seems like Mike Manatti's soul is still dark, perhaps for the third time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I just started Dark Souls three, actually, just last night I did. I did Dark Souls one and two last year and enjoyed then. Dark Souls two definitely has some weirdness to it. That's like one of the best things about starting Dark Souls three is just that a lot of the Dark Souls two weirdness isn't really there. It just immediately feels a little bit better to play. It's just snappier. All the move and stuff. It was right, the characters aren't like perfectly magnetized onto me when they're swinging around. So yeah, I don't have a ton to say, just like, this game is still very pretty, by the way, because it's just a bit newer than one and two. I think it Rigel came out like the Xbox one PS four era, so still gorgeous. Lots of ton fun lighting stuff. I am doing a dexterity build this time.
Speaker 2: That's exciting.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm off the strength train. I'm dual wielding skit scimitars or something. So I'm like, it's a little bit of an adjustment because I'm dodging instead of blocking, and i don't have range, and I'm attacking multiple times that kill people, and I'm attacking very quickly. But yeah, so far, just very impressed with Duxels three. I am excited to dive much deeper into that.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, I love a good Decks build. You a lot for arrows and stuff. I don't think anything. I mean, I think in general you're not don't really want to be using bow and arrows and dark souls, except like kite people and the cheese stuff.
Speaker 1: So is it like an agility to get choge run It's like a speed agility type situation.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, dexterity, yeah, I think it's.
Speaker 5: And stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well if you get terms of the ice, like, yeah, so you're gonna use like the more swim weapons, yeah, kind of a thing instead of like a giant berserker's sword.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 4: I assume you need a lot of deckstery to be swift because I think birds dual wheeld wings to fly. And I haven't developed the rest of this segue.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna go go. I'm just gonna go rogue and just toss it to Grub who's been Yes.
Speaker 5: Good job. I do not remember who recommended rogue flight, but someone maybe in chat did. It is a star Fox, like, it's still a handful of those recently, and I think this one is so So there's two paths people take when they're making a real star Fox, Like right, They're like, let's just make fucking star Fox again. And I respect that and I want that, but this one's like, no, let's take starfucks and like as if we were going to make it today. But it's still clearly starfux. So it's you know, on Rails Shooter, you got the cursor. I guess, I guess it's kind of like RES. I don't know why I don't like Res.
Speaker 2: But I I don't because it's not that good and it's overrated.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for all those ravers out there, no rave, No, I would rather go to the Gathering of the Juggalos. I mean it, of course, Well that would be fun. That'll be funny is what they probably like wrestle like more.
Speaker 5: But Rogue Flight is uh, it's got like, hey, eighties anime aesthetic and that it's actually pretty good. I think there's a bit too much story. I just I ended up skipping the cut scenes get right into it. Uh, but the action is very intense. They send just waves of enemies at you. Does it has a good combo system where as long as you are killing enemies, but then so much time, you know, it makes the ping noise, and the ping increases in frequency like or the you know in the in pitch every time you get another part of the combo. So it's like ding ding d ding like and that of course always feels good. It's got It's pretty complex in terms of like what you're able to do at any one time. You know, you hold a to fire your weapon, you're firing your weapon constantly. You of course can paint enemies with the radical to by holding down left trigger to lock onto them and send missiles at them. Yeah, it's one of those games. But also if you do a right stick, if you press forward, you'll boost forward. If you right stick right or left, you'll do like this tailwhip move that sends your thrusters whipping behind you, and like it can like destroy anything that gets caught in that path. So it's like you're just like whipping an energy beam at this group of enemies and they all just blow up and it goes in slow motion and it looks really cool and it feels very cool. There's power ups as long as you don't die, you keep your power up from level to level. So now I've got you know, a bunch of things around me firing laser blasts, and I have a spread beam. Now it's solid. It is definitely just another one of these, but I think it's my favorite of the games that are trying to be like Star Fox.
Speaker 1: I mean in terms of another one of these, like this is the genre, I would like more ones of those. I feel like that it's like that Tony Hawks and Twisted Metals, like I want more of those. That's not even genre because they made like a handful of series that were good and they stopped making.
Speaker 6: Them, and I want more of them.
Speaker 5: Yep. And I think that this is this is showing me that this there's more to tap into here. I I think I'm still on my first run. I'm assuming that because it's called Rogue Flight through some like rogue like elements to it.
Speaker 2: But I have Steam. It has the roguelike tex Okay.
Speaker 5: So I'm like, I could see how that could be pretty cool, is what I'm like. Wh Star fucks as a rogue Light. That's just what they should do, I guess with Star Fox two technically kind of a rogue Light in some ways.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 6: I love that we can just talk about Star Fox too like it's a real game now, because it kind of is.
Speaker 2: Of thedt in a while.
Speaker 6: Honestly, that was like shocking when they said that, Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's cool, but I recommend it. It almost messes me up.
Speaker 7: Like this game came out of October and it looks great. It has like you know, very positive steam reviews. It's like, I never heard anybody talk about this scary the first Heart make games what one more thing because I look at this and I see, like, like again that eighties anime psaker talking about, like, oh, I love the way that looks. I liked it a fantasy Star And is this me being a nostalgic asshole really liking that more than a modern anime? Look almost like I was watching a lot of anime when I was a kid. I guess I was definitely around it. Is it just maybe aesthetically more interesting.
Speaker 2: In some way? Or am I a jer preferences right?
Speaker 5: I think it's a little bit of a column A, a little bit of column B. I think it is nostalgic jerk in the fact that, yeah, it feels cool to see that. Then you saw maybe like in a magazine as a kid, and it was maybe a little bit elusive. But I also think in some ways that and you know, this is me being outsider, but this is like when I look at anime, it does feel like it's homogenized in a lot of ways, a lot of similar influences affecting all of the anime aesthetics out there. Yeah, and so that's why I look at many of them like this kind of looks like a lot of the other stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 4: The same thing with film, right, there's like a whole like decades of film that look exactly a doubt, nothing is discernible, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like things that look like that one Daft punk music video.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like this looks like you uh, speaking of that, you mentioned when I was talking about Castlevania, something about how like there was a ship to more anime style that like people didn't like, Like I don't remember, like what were you referring to.
Speaker 7: The portraits, like the character portraits and stuff, and starting in Dawn of Sorrow, Yeah, there's like that bland just kind of like very flat anime style, whereas before that in Symphony, in the the Gameboy Advanced Wines, there's that very style. I forget the artist's name, but it's the box artists that Box looked at those games.
Speaker 6: Did the GBA ones have that too?
Speaker 7: The GBA once had it, and then Dawn of Sorrow and Portu Room like shipp at Heart to this really like very flat bland. Okay, it's weird because they look like Fox Block like Fox Kids characters, but they're still like naked demon ladies and like cutting them in.
Speaker 2: Half and stuff.
Speaker 7: Okay I could, and then they course stressed a bit an order of Ecclesia. Yeah here, I'm gonna yeah, I'm gonna find you like uh the box art for Ari You Sorrow and the Donna Saurrow.
Speaker 5: You'll see to find the find the right one for Donna Sorrow.
Speaker 6: The box on the box. Yes, I love that one.
Speaker 5: I want to get that. I want to get that copy of that game.
Speaker 2: Act actually do that too. That's so, folks.
Speaker 4: I think it's time to take a quick bricky break and we'll be back with some video game news.
Speaker 2: I think I might go check out Disco Elysium for the first time.
Speaker 5: I was playing that a few months back and really got back into it. I should finish that game because I think it's really good.
Speaker 2: Grub. You know what we actually have to do is you and I have to play Balder's Gate three together.
Speaker 5: Why do we have to do that?
Speaker 4: You and I have to complete the story together, so Mike Minatti will get a tattoo of your choosing.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is correct. Now, Mike's copetent.
Speaker 5: We won't do this, and for a good reason, but I think we could do it.
Speaker 2: Just do whatever you get due to fill the just kind of see credits. Right, Yeah, no, I'm not gonna accept cheating. Okay, but what if it's like, yeah, glitch like glitchless? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, look, do you want to see it? Do you want to sign a an unbiased third party to decide what we're.
Speaker 2: Doing is absolute? Maybe? Maybe?
Speaker 4: Okay, Well we'll ask who's who's playing as am I played a lot of Ballerskate three, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I have Yeah, but I have a brother who has. They would love to see me get a tattoo.
Speaker 2: He'd be somewhat partial and partial.
Speaker 5: Three?
Speaker 2: Okay, can we with the tattoo?
Speaker 1: You know how like with Blake Club, you know that you don't know the game typically unless uh, like you're on the air starting it. Can it be a thing where can we shoot a thing where we go into the tattoo parlor and Mike doesn't know what the tattoo is going to be?
Speaker 2: No, I am definitely gonna vet it.
Speaker 5: I kind of I'm still partial to the one that we all enjoyed. I don't know if you guys remember it.
Speaker 6: I don't remember it.
Speaker 5: It is uh, upside down upside down pineapple with the Mickey Mouse ears.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to be clear.
Speaker 7: Look, look, if it's something ridiculous, I just will do it. You'll call me a liar, and I'm not good at my word. But whatever, I thought you liked that one. Now I'm like, I thought that was right right on the line of no, that's a bit much. It's a bit much, Okay, you can keep it hit.
Speaker 2: That pineapple is a signed to swingers that you're ready to swing.
Speaker 5: Yes, that you're there just gearing aud At the grocery store.
Speaker 2: They'll yeah, what swinger.
Speaker 4: Swinger couples will put a pineapple upside down in there and their shopping carts to signify to other people they're.
Speaker 2: Down at the grocery store.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 4: On cruises, they'll their doorkay, huh, you'll get a picture of it.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it'll do. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Sometimes you get a tattoo of one with Mickey Mouse.
Speaker 6: That is very funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's funny. For like three reasons like the fruit thing, the Mickey thing. Yeah, okay, that's good.
Speaker 5: Kind of across the board there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, alright, I need to go take a take a brick break, and we'll be back with some video game news.
Speaker 2: Just gonna sit outside and think for a bit. See after that, Jeff Grub News. I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 5: What if it what if it was the spaceship Earth sphere with Mickey Mouse here, That sounds like a tattoo you would agree to?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 7: The problem is like, that's so close to just the tattoo I've always wanted to Actually don't that's space symbol. That's yeah, you always just call it off now off now birth is the Spikey ball, right, that's right, Okay, we had the golf ball.
Speaker 6: I don't do something normal that he would.
Speaker 7: Like if it's up, I'm not gonna let him tattoo something ridiculous on spaceship Earth balls and then like a long tunnel like.
Speaker 2: Space. Yeah, oh yeah, that's great, that's a pen.
Speaker 5: Anyway, News PlayStation showed up the CS and said TV TV TV they had a bunch of movies and television shows to talk about. I guess ghosts of Sushima Legends anime series is coming to Country Role in twenty twenty seven, which is in a real year. Hell Divers feature film is in development at Sony Pictures until Dawn Live action film releases on April twenty fifth, set in the same universe as the game, as I guess I would assume. Yeah, new Lego Horizon Adventures music video has been teased. Horizon Zero Yeah, I don't know, guys. Horizons zero don live action film is in development. Retells Aloy's origin story.
Speaker 7: That's interesting because they were making a show that was gonna make a whole prequel show and they canceled that and like, let's just make a movie based off the game.
Speaker 2: That'll be a lot easier.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Everything always heard about that show is they had a lot of problems back, you know, one way or the other.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: The Last of Us location based immersive experience is is improve proof of concept phase. I guess it's like one of those like VR things.
Speaker 2: Or like a escape room, like remember the Void at the.
Speaker 5: They still have the voids around places, right.
Speaker 2: They don't want that? Why would anyone want that?
Speaker 7: You don't want to go into the world of the Last of Us where you're you're you're living a dirty camp and zombies kill your friends, and then the other humans also kill your friends, and then you get sad about it.
Speaker 2: Already.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: The Last of A Season two is releasing in April on Max, and they released a new teaser trailer. Uh yeah, lots of I mean we've known for a while that Sony's been like, hey, we have a movie division, and we have a game division that's doing very good. We should make movies based on those games. It doesn't seem like they're abandon in that anytime soon soon. It sounds like they're doubling down.
Speaker 6: Yeah, breaking news. I did just buy the stupid box John of Sorrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, smart, smart, It really was gosh.
Speaker 7: Now you need to get that Batman Arkham City Game of the Year addition to go next to it.
Speaker 2: What was that one that was the one like this just plastered in like box. Is that the Armored edition thing? No, that's the wee year It's just the Game of the Year edition for us DAN your.
Speaker 5: Armored Division, a Game of the Year Division or Batman.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: In Vidio announced the next gen RTX fifty ninety and fifty eighty GPUs A and d also announced their new GPUs, but there's just more details on the Nvidia ones. The fifty ninety is going to be two thousand dollars, the fifty eighty is going to be one thousand dollars. The fifty ninety is going to be twice as powerful as the forty ninety. Yeah, they're gonna have DLSS four ready to go for The includes multi frame generation, which generates up to three additional frames per traditional frame.
Speaker 6: So Prub, you're my guy for this stuff. Since you know this stuff, Well, do I need to get this?
Speaker 5: So you don't. You definitely don't need to get this. You're you have a forty ninety in your system, and games have already mostly not taken advantage of the forty ninety, so you don't need it. When do I need it? I mean if I were in your shoes, which I guess I am exactly because I have the same exact computer that you job and job I listen, if and Video wants to send us one, I'm gonna take it.
Speaker 2: If that's a.
Speaker 6: Good I will also adopt that stance, yead.
Speaker 5: If I have to buy one, I'm gonna be waiting until the sixth series.
Speaker 7: The sixty series, So I'm I have a thirty seventy T, right, TI I have. I've been actually paying attention to this. Normally video cards is all over my head, but I've been following this announcement. I went to upgrade this year, and I'm pretty happy with that fifty eighty price one thousand. That seems reasonable. Actually, I think I was there myself for a lot worse. Yeah, I feel pretty good. I didn't buy a Plastation five pro is how I feel.
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, there's also like as Sean and Chass pointing out, but they announced the fifty seventy TI, the fifty seventy. The fifty seventy is apparently going to have about forty ninety performance at five hundred and fifty dollars. It will also have DLSS four. So you know, if you have a super high refresh rate monitor that does four K and you want to get one hundred and twenty two hundred frames per second in four K, maybe the fifty ninety makes sense at that point. But if you're only playing at one hundred and twenty frames per second, and now I say only because that's you know, like that's crazy, but only one hundred and twenty frames per second. You're probably fine still with the forty nine.
Speaker 6: It's funny. I'm a frame rates now, Mike. I know you are too.
Speaker 1: In like thirty to sixty, I can tell immediately. I just want to barf at thirty sixty to one. It's like, I think I can notice, but it's not anywhere.
Speaker 5: Near the diminishing returns on that is massive. And I'm even realizing, like thirty to forty five is actually where I'm at. If I play it forty five on the Steam Deck, it's a little bit harder for me to tell the difference between forty five and sixty a little bit. Yeah, not impossible, but yeah.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: Lenovo reveals new Legion Go handheld. Lenovo is launching the Legion Go S, a handheld gaming PC that will be the first outside of Valve to ship with the Steam Os platform. The Legion Go S is a new and improved version of Lenovo's eight inch handheld with a one and twenty hertz variable refresh rate screen and a new AMD rizing Z two go chip. Lenovo will also ship a Windows version of Legion Go S. That version will be seven hundred and thirty dollars. The Steam OS version will be five hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: The steam US version has less RAM and less less storage, about half the storage, but it probably will have very similar performance even with the less RAM because the RAM is needed for running Windows in the background and stuff like that. So that's why the Windows version is a little bit more pricey and beefy. Lenovo's also going to have the Legion GO to later this year, So the Go S is happening now and that'll have this improved chip, and then the Go too will have an even more improved version of that chip. This Z two extreme and they haven't set a price or anything like that. But yeah, I had I try to have the Lenovo Legion Go. It's big and beefy and weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah you brought that to was it the Game Awards last last year?
Speaker 5: Yeah? That must have been it, right, Yeah, that sounds right, because I was I think I was trying to like finish up. No, maybe it was Summer game Fest.
Speaker 2: Summer game Fest. Yeah, yeahah, that thing is gigantic.
Speaker 5: It's gigantic. Yeah, But I mean, I guess I'm glad that other companies are starting to launch with Stemos that'll keep that as a a reason for Windows to improve its experience on handheld, because steam Os maybe could eat into that market share a little bit on this side of things and force some competition there. Yeah, let's see. Also, Acer announced the Big eleven inch eleven inch handheld. That is massive.
Speaker 2: It's got likes too big.
Speaker 5: It is absurd, Yes, and you should look up pictures of people holding it if you haven't. But it's like they're holding I don't know, a slate from the scent down from God. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: It's a Steely It's a steeally Steely.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it steely and from Giza. Yeah. Delta Rune chapter three and four will launch this year, according to Toby Fox. Toby Fox took the Blue Sky Blue Ski and reconfirmed that both those episodes will launch this year.
Speaker 2: Mike, have you have you played any of the Delta Roun chapters. Yeah?
Speaker 7: I played Delta Rooe chapter one. It was really good, and I think, I you know, I know, chapter two came out. I think I was a little bit like, I think I want to wait till maybe the whole thing is out now, and then maybe even replay chapter one and just play through it as a full game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm glad that that that is happening. Oh yeah, check it out once it's all there.
Speaker 5: Yep, is chapter four the final chapter?
Speaker 2: Or I think so? I think I think that's right, but maybe I'm not sure. Chap can maybe help me there.
Speaker 5: Uh US has blacklisted ten Cent over alleged ties with the Chinese military. Tencent, a major player in the video game industry, is facing problems due to alleged ties with the Chinese military. The US Defense Department has blacklisted the company, which could result in it being delisted from the US Stock Exchange in other markets. This news has already impacted ten Cents shares and could have significant financial consequences for the company and its subsidiaries, which includes Riot Games Tenseit also faced scrutiny over its board members serving on rival companies boards and its ownership stakes and other game developers like From Software and Ubisoft. Yeah, go ahead, I.
Speaker 7: Just will say real quick, apparently there's gonna be seven chapters of Delta Rous. Oh yeah, yeah, okay, we got to waste we got a ways to go there. Well, this is interesting thing because like what could be the repercussions of this. There's Tenset has you know, investments and whatnot in so many games.
Speaker 5: Now, yeah, it's uh, I mean, it could be a situation where it's similar to like you know, byte dance in TikTok, or they might be forced to sell or something like that. Probably not going to get that far or ten cents like this is this is clearly a mistake. Let's get this figured out. It's probably not a mistake. But I don't know how rigid the United States government wants to be about this. But it's possible that this could have ramifications of a lot of money that a lot of developers are relying on comes from ten Cent that could dry up, go away, or at least like cool off, and that could be a problem for a lot of people making games. But yeah, this is going to be it's only going to get more complicated with the new administration that is going to want to increase the rivalry with China and there's going to be a trade war and that trade or could manifest as things like this where companies countries do things to cause problems for major corporations based in each of these countries. So yeah, this is probably only going to get more complicated in the next year or two, court docks revealed Call of Duty games cost up to seven one hundred million dollars to make. The development costs for Call of Duty titles Black Ops three, Modern Warfare twenty nineteen and Black Ops Cold War were revealed to be between four hundred and fifty million and seven hundred million dollars. These figures were revealed into court filing that include post launch support and content. In comparison, the last of US Part two cost around two hundred and twenty million dollars to developed. I think Spider Man to that one was three hundred million, right, I think that's what that was aid. I mean, I get it makes sense. You can do things fast, you can do them inexpensively, or you could do them good, and you could choose two of those. And they always put out a Call of Duty every year and they're pretty decent. So the only way they could do that is spend a lot of money. But I guess I didn't think it would be seven hundred million year, so.
Speaker 2: Loney, So much of that is the post release support that's being accounted in this too. All the new content, all just people monitoring things and fixing things, keeping the servers going. But woof, I'm excited that.
Speaker 7: You know, within ten years we were going to get to that billion dollar Call of Duty game.
Speaker 2: Can see what that looks like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's probably not too far off because I mean this is a black Ops Cold War which was was that twenty twenty?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's right. Yeah, so we worked a couple past that because.
Speaker 5: And then there's been a lot of inflation since then. So oh boy, we might be at the billion dollar Call of Duty game right now. Hell yeah, but we'll find out. Ex and A Purna video game staff to absorb former Take two indie label Private Division. This is I think this got reported this morning, so it's kind of catching up on this as we were getting ready to start. I'll try to do my best here and former and A Purna Interactive staffers who resigned last summer will take over the portfolio of Private Division, a label formerly owned by Take two Interactive Software Inc. Private Division was sold in November to Heveli Investments, a private equity firm based in Austin. Velli struck a deal with x Anna Purna staffers to fund their new company and place them in charge of distributing the former Private Division titles, including Tales of the Shire and Kerbal Space program series. Some of the twenty employees inherited by Heveli when it purchased Private Division will be laid off as part of the new arrangement. That's kind of crappy, but yeah, this is a weird one because these people were working at a different Private Division or different indies publishing label over at Annapurna. That stuff kind of fell apart. They all left together and it was like are they going to start their own thing? It's like kind of they're going to take over Private Division. So just this weird way of like keeping Private Division going.
Speaker 2: It's like a weird shuffling around of all these people in entities, right, yes.
Speaker 5: Just overall. Yeah, a bizarre moves snacked Edge. It says in chap let's see Bilotro mod Jimbo, those big naturals. It's a lot funnier and safer for work than it sounds that this is someone that just said this to me. You ever see those big naturals mods for like games like Skyrim. Someone did one of those for Bolatro. But it's just more of a joke where.
Speaker 2: You ever see the Big Natural's mod for Skyrim. I can't say that.
Speaker 5: If you ever like search mods for Skyrim on YouTube, it's unavoidable. Everyone's like, this is, of course what you want. So it's like a kind of a meme in the Monding community. So someone made a mod for Bilatro that gives all the jokers big naturals, all of them.
Speaker 2: What about like, like, what does that look like.
Speaker 5: Most of them? Okay, I'm sor one hundred and twenty two of the one hundred and fifty cards in the game now have honkers.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, yeah, it's mostly just.
Speaker 5: Like they drew chalk on there or whatever. It made it like, made it look like, Yes, it's very funny. It says right here, no nipples are visible. Dan to pay ten dollars extra. It's the nipple DLC from the Saboteur do the same thing on you?
Speaker 2: Okay? At it?
Speaker 5: Yeah? And then I was gonna say fantastic fourig Marvel Rivals, but we already talked about that.
Speaker 4: Oh but yo, during the break, I watched the Invisible Woman character.
Speaker 2: This is trailer fantastic, Yes, the Invisible Woman. Is it just the Invisible Woman? Is that her name?
Speaker 5: I think it's both because she's married to mister fantastic right, so.
Speaker 2: Oh so it's like this is incredible. Is also Alasta girl? Yes?
Speaker 5: Yes, now we explained in distance, so he understands. Great.
Speaker 2: God, she looks so good. She can use force fields and like her old is amazing.
Speaker 4: What a great game for healers. What a great game for healers.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Maybe that's why this game works so well is because it's so fun to play a healer. So yeah, that helps. All right, that's all the news I have. Although you know, we were all for a while, a bunch of stuff happened. I guess most people were on vacation. But they're like, you know, ce yes started there a bunch of stuff. We'll catch up.
Speaker 2: What's going on? The switch to the joy cron having a mouse sensor.
Speaker 5: Yeah, stuff like that. So yeah, so there's been endless swim two leaks.
Speaker 1: I thought, I thought I heard mouth, and then my brain said he must mean mouse like a computer mouse.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's what that that that that is what I heard. But I was expecting him to say that, so maybe I wait, so is it mouth or mouse?
Speaker 2: Mouse? Mouse mouth?
Speaker 5: So there's been a there's been a. Well, I mean that the switch one has a mouth sensor. Uh, because that thing on the bottom of the of the one joy Con is a little I R swick. Yeah, so I already have mouth sensing technology. Yeah, the switch two leaks have gone crazy. Basically, we know just about everything about the hardware, including the fact that the left Joycon is going to have a h here. I have the right joyc on here, but whatever, No, here's one left joy Con is going to have a sensor here, an optical sensor that looks like it could be for tracking mouse movements. And the reason people think that is because there is a like pad here and here at the top and bottom of the inner rail of the joy Con, so it'll be easier to move it around on a surf. And then you would use the left of the Z L and L buttons as like left and right click.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: So the assumption is the thing's going to have mouse support right out of the box. And that makes me want Mario paint real bad.
Speaker 6: The first thing I thought it was Mario yep, almost.
Speaker 5: Like there should just be Mario paint included in the box.
Speaker 7: Yeah, oh they can add that, weird Mario and Mario sn s game that we never got to n.
Speaker 2: S O now yeah, yeah, there you go. Yep, that was the only fan right, I'm dreaming big, I like add.
Speaker 5: Sixty four d D do the expansion pass and give us all the.
Speaker 2: Mario Artists series or whatever.
Speaker 1: Ye.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, there's like four four games or something like that.
Speaker 2: What if it's just a barcode scanner?
Speaker 5: Yeah, reader, Holy shit, that does it for the news, Jen shows back to you.
Speaker 4: Uh, I'm realizing this show still needs to cool off. It still hasn't recovered from the first segment. So we're going to take another quick brick brick and we'll be back with your email.
Speaker 2: Was right after this agreas it.
Speaker 1: That whole break, Mike was just yelling at us to watch the sweat video, not kidding that Mike has worked up about the sweat video.
Speaker 5: All right, I am, I have it here. Should we just count it down? And I'm not doing it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, grub on one, let's go. Yeah, okay, three to one.
Speaker 2: That's sweat. That's a lot of sweat. That's so oh my god, that's so much. Maybe would hold it in, right, Yeah, you've got nowhere else to go? Oh it stops.
Speaker 5: Oh, I've watched it three times now.
Speaker 2: Disgusting.
Speaker 4: But why are you smiling so much as as we're all watching it though?
Speaker 2: You know like it's a Sometimes you just don't know what else to do with your mouth. You know, I bring a lot to this show. You're not wrong, You're not.
Speaker 5: You're not. Let's not editing qualitative statements to that.
Speaker 2: You bring a lot of something, and I have brought a lot of emails.
Speaker 4: BombCast giant bomb dot com is email addressed to send your emails to. It's a very good show. You should thank you for listening. If you're listening still, go tell a friend about it. Don't explain anything, just send them the MP three.
Speaker 5: Five star reviews and just write Mike brings a lot.
Speaker 4: I don't know how you rate podcasts on podcast platforms, but give it the maximum rating please?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Overwhelmingly positive.
Speaker 4: Yes, and if you're watching now comment wherever you're watching, whether it's the live chat or the YouTube video. Overwhelmingly positive. Imcast GiantBomb dot com is email address. Send your emails to send any and everything to that email address. Whether you want to avoid awkward social interaction, whether you want have a gaming conundrum, you have a fun quiz or whatever else you want to do. Send it to that email address. First email comes from Jeff Quebec. Hey Bombers, New Year, New You. A new trailer just dropped to promote Giant Bomb. What does the narrator call each of you? As the camera moves from one cast member to the next. Here's what I got so far. I'm high for twenty twenty five with y'all. Jeff from Quebec. Mister Jan please use a movie trailer voice Thank You. Features a cast of likable.
Speaker 3: Features a cast of likable people, such as Jeff Grubb as the Brand, Janet Choa as the Talent, Dan Riiker the Work, Jeff Backlar, the Shoot to More, Hussein the Renegade, Lucy James, The Paragon, featuring Sean McDowell as the Prodigy, Nikky Grayson the Playmaker, with special guest Mike Minatti as the audience self insert and introducing Dibb as the offshoot Giant Bomb. A website about video games.
Speaker 4: Very nice, it's good, it's good, it's good things. Oh excellent, Thank you, Jeff. Uh My only thing is just you should have put and with for Mike.
Speaker 1: Yeah, featuring that's right. Yeah, yeah, introducing introducing.
Speaker 5: And it did got introducing.
Speaker 2: It is being introduced. Yeah, all right. Next email comes from Nicky. Is this Nikky? Uh hey crew? First time? Long time?
Speaker 4: I just got a mac Minnie. I need to get a new mouse and keyboard. What mouse and keyboard you have? I do not need a gamer mouse. I need a mouse that is comfortable to use. I want a thucky keyboard, thanks Nikky.
Speaker 1: I think I have a thought keyboard. It's a key cum Backlar recommended it, so it's a a keyboard nerd thing, but it's good. It's aron something ether Yep.
Speaker 5: You know. I want to get one of those IBM in keyboard like uh Re manufacturers that they have though, the ones that were super clicky that you probably used in school, right, I love those, So I wanna wanna get one of those for your thacky keyboard. And I don't know, just get a go get a Logitech mouse. Still last you a long time?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have Logitech mice. I have just the G five O two whatever. I love this thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's a great mouse. I like it so much that this is my second one because like, at one point I just clicked it too many times, so it wore down. I had a like I was on Razor stuff and I never liked it. Like all my my Razor keyboard and mouse it breaks. They always wore down real fast. The logistic tech stuff here has worked much better. You have a Logitech keyboard also, it's great.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So do you guys like have a favorite thing on your desk because I got like a handful of thing so like I would never swap these things out. My my mouse is the is the Logitech G seven oh three light speed, which means it has the wireless charging so I never ever ever ever have to think about the wire or charging it or batteries and it just works forever. The pad itself sends out a little electrical radio frequency that spends a little thing in here that gives it enough of a charge to like always be charging the battery that is in there. But it's been here for years, I've never plugged in. Is wireless okay for a mouse?
Speaker 2: Like, yes, let's just do wired. Worry about latency.
Speaker 5: In about about five years ago, the wireless connection for mice and keyboards got good enough for gaming. And the thing about this is the light pad, the light speed pad that actually charges this the radio is right in the pad, so it's traveling, you know, six inches, so I've never had any issue with it. I also really like my sound blaster Katana. I think it's called the speaker bar. The thing sounds so so good. It's the V two, the second version of that. I would never use another speaker. It's so convenient, easy and low profile.
Speaker 2: I haven't actually had like a speaker connected to my computer in a long time.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 7: I'm like, oh, just even though I live alone, so like, just use headphones. Just use headphones all the time. That's fine, that's fine, a comfort, big and comfy. The guy that's padding here, I default.
Speaker 5: To the to the headphones constantly, but I'm like, uh, I always like him. Oh yeah, I'm turning on the speaker and it just sounds awesome.
Speaker 2: I just like these gel pads for my keyboard and mouse or go stuff.
Speaker 6: I haven't in sixty four analyg stick.
Speaker 2: I like that sure, pretty cool, look at that.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 5: I like my epid alter as well.
Speaker 2: I like my Jurassic Park Raptor claw can opener. Oh that sounds that's fun. Yeah, Like I pretend to like scare a portly little kid with it. Yeah, it's good. Uh all right, Next email comes from Brandy and my ten whistle.
Speaker 5: Net them move on.
Speaker 4: Brandon from Alabama rights and should co tour be pronounced no tour since the K and knights is silent, please be mad?
Speaker 5: I'm pretty mad.
Speaker 6: Good point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not mad thought K lowercase N.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: We got to be brave about it.
Speaker 5: We got to keep the I'm a coward. I am definitely a coward when it comes to this.
Speaker 2: All right, whatever podcasts or wherever else, we're now calling kode tour no tour.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, let's all right, Well, commit to the gimmick.
Speaker 2: IF's the case. If the K silent, shod' just be it's just that they'll be spelled kode tour. But it should be pronounced oh tour no because night Well, the K doesn't have.
Speaker 5: The K like the K is implant because like all these are representing the words, So we're saying that it's representing the Knights.
Speaker 7: I think no tour is better. Yeah, I gotta be honest. I like saying code tors so much. I'm not willing to give it up.
Speaker 2: It's like it's by far the best we had a team players acronym and gaming rights.
Speaker 6: The podcast really taken away.
Speaker 2: This all to infinity until we just start calling it poopy Shoop. That's the name.
Speaker 5: From now on. That's a good guy.
Speaker 2: That's where this is going.
Speaker 4: I know, I don't think I always yes, and I think I just enable Alex and Bendigo Australia Rights. In I was thinking about ving Rate, how Ving Raims should have been Eric Gordon Lord. So I thought I'd ask.
Speaker 2: You who else he should have been to.
Speaker 5: He should have been Jack from the movie Jack.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Francis Ford Coppola is Jack. He should have been in Face Off.
Speaker 2: You should be.
Speaker 6: I'm just about to say, you should be a Mission Impossible.
Speaker 5: He should have been one of the little women in Little Women.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He is in Leland Stitch. So now I wonder if he's in the live action Leland Stitch that's coming out. They should have ving Rams be in the live action Leeland. That's the rock gets to be in the live action Mawana. I think that he should be in the live action lean It's ditch. Yeah, it's only fair.
Speaker 5: Are you in a live action Moana?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yes, oh you're sitting the set photos. It's weird. It's weird ving range should in an Arby's commercial.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, well that's good news for you. Uh yeah. My step saw the Rock on the TV last night because I had Netflix on, uh, and she's like, oh, why why is he still slumming it with wrestling? Like he's got to go like back to ground all the time because he always messes up in Hollywood, so he's always got to retreat to wrestling to go there.
Speaker 6: And just totally undo like a year's worth of storylines.
Speaker 7: Yes, right, basically went there to be like, to be clear, I'm not fighting any of these people.
Speaker 6: And then chuck a bunch of tequila and immediately drive his giant truck.
Speaker 5: Hell yeah, that was my second favorite alcohol brand on the show, after Real American Beer.
Speaker 1: I have both bottles, both flavors of Teremuna upstairs. I will not have real beer.
Speaker 2: It's not bad on his line for for a shelf tequila, It's it's not I gotta.
Speaker 6: Say everyone doing Cogan was the funniest in the world.
Speaker 4: So fucking money, Uh is I may be asking the wrong people.
Speaker 2: I am asking the wrong people. I want you ask anyways. Is his men's skincare brand yeah.
Speaker 1: On Instagram, he's always saying that it's very good. Okay, cool, I'll just take I'll take his word for it. An energy drink thing already done? Zoa, that's a big Dwayne energy drink, right, yeah, yeah, boy? The rocks really just a lot lately, isn't he?
Speaker 5: Thanks too much?
Speaker 4: God? I was so wishing the Undertaker fucking fell off his stupid bike.
Speaker 6: Why Ria doesn't need take her?
Speaker 2: But what are we doing? Doesn't need the rub Jesus all right?
Speaker 4: Next email comes from Jordan in Lansing, Michigan.
Speaker 2: Is am I Michigan, Michigan.
Speaker 5: Michigan is where Michigan states are.
Speaker 4: I only know three states in the United States. It's frankly, I think we have too many.
Speaker 5: Hey, Lancing is the capital of Michigan, so you'll remember it for next time.
Speaker 7: Some people want to add a bunch of more states. I've been hearing, but that's what we don't talk about, that old count.
Speaker 4: Hey bomb friends, what's the silliest way to heal your character in the video game? Food and sleep always give me a chuckle, But for me, it's hiding behind cover for ten seconds to recover from gunfund It's funny I hope you all had a RESTful break after Game of the Year Shenanigans who absolutely deserve it, cheers Jordan from Lancing, Michigan.
Speaker 1: I do like that. There was like a decade after like Call of Duty started doing it that every game was like, Oh, that's.
Speaker 6: How you healed?
Speaker 2: Is you just wait a few seconds? Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think the first thing I saw was it was the shields only in Halo, and then everyone's like.
Speaker 2: That's great, let's just have that. Yeah, yeah, oops, all shields.
Speaker 7: I like it what you about Echoes of Wisdom, but the whole like taking like laying on a bed in the middle of boss fights cover a little bit that was pretty good.
Speaker 1: I really liked. And is it just in Village? I think maybe Biohazard Year seven did this too. Or you're just getting hacked up by chainsaws and stuff. You just pour some liquid on your hand in your fine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the liquids on the hand of Resident Evil is the one I was thinking, just wash your hands, you'll be yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess the herbs are kind of funny too, Like Resident Evil has a lot of funny You're eating a brown egg.
Speaker 7: Right, uh, wall meets the classic right like I just attack this wall and it destroys and there's just a roasted turkey.
Speaker 1: Also final fight style like trash can turkeys are also very Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean like games are like let's try to be realistic and like Indiana Jones, like here's just just put tape on everything, put some medical tape on it. You'll be fine.
Speaker 2: Even that's a bit silly.
Speaker 4: I do enjoy like the quick injection from in some games, just because I would never do that in real life, even if I felt bad. Minus pen maybe yeah, I do like.
Speaker 2: Like sound Hill too, right, like you just pick up these syringes and you're just like, well, here we go. I feel bad.
Speaker 1: I find it so funny in an again, I think like Skyram and Oblivion and stuff do this where it's just like you'll have an inventory full of a billion things that like like fuck Castlevania.
Speaker 6: I've been playing these DS ones and I'll go in, like during a boss.
Speaker 2: Fight, I'll go in.
Speaker 1: I'll eat like a plate of spaghetti and then like a thousand year old egg and like, well there's like weirdly like full meals in Casavania, a lot of pasta dishes and turkeys and yeah, like ten thousand calories worth of food.
Speaker 4: No, that's that's what I love about Breath of the Wild and Tears of the Kingdom of Like you'll just pausemid fight and like link, just eat all these apples peas animated.
Speaker 2: You see.
Speaker 4: Games are great. Yeah, games are great. Maybe maybe we should revamp the healthcare system to just eat a bunch of.
Speaker 1: Food firestock infinite, just like finding full hot dogs and trash cans and just.
Speaker 2: Sure you know, yes, I said breath with a wad. I don't mean to do a tangent here, but did you see what the Rolling Stone top fifty? I agree with number one. Yeah, number one's fine breath.
Speaker 7: While a lot of this was fine and I was gonna generally be okay with until somebody pointed out to me there's not a single three D Mario game on Oh that's insane.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize that tops like number five of all time. And I'm like, yeah, that's so predictable though, right, Yeah, of course I don't really agree with that.
Speaker 2: You know me, I was indignant that we sports is on it.
Speaker 6: I think, you know, that is a big thing.
Speaker 4: That is a big thing we I know, I know that we have a BCR plan for this week, but I feel like maybe we should pivot and talk about this Rolling Stones top fift what we.
Speaker 5: Could probably do both real quick because we weren't going draft this week.
Speaker 1: We didn't wan't have time to gloat about me winning handily and Fantasy Critic, we.
Speaker 2: Don't make that quick and maybe it's such a good job share.
Speaker 6: I didn't lose.
Speaker 2: That's all that matters. So Lucy playing Skull and Bones, playing that, we'll make it happen.
Speaker 1: What I love it.
Speaker 2: It is like Lucy like doesn't see them, like what was that?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: I don't know what?
Speaker 4: All?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 4: Next email comes from AMP and this is actually timely based off of what Dan talked about. I'm playing through Indiana Jones and he keeps reminding me of playing Red Dead Redemption two in first person mode. They're both kind of clunky and you have to pull open the drawers, et cetera, et cetera. Maybe you guys should try Red Dead Redemption two again.
Speaker 2: Thinks so well, got.
Speaker 5: Good news for you for Dan. I did try Redemption two again. Uh was it last year or your Extra Life last year? For Extra Life last year?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: And when I did that, I was willing to be like, Okay, let's let's try. And then the second the game was like here here, follow this guy. I'm like, okay, I have a plan. I'll go over in this way and kind of cut them off. They're like, well you you didn't follow the guy? Game over? Yeah, okay, I'm just I do not like this game. This is a game that beat like is repulsive to me in a lot of ways.
Speaker 2: So I like it. I think it's fun to be a cowboy.
Speaker 5: Oh weird. I know.
Speaker 2: The thing is, I do want to play.
Speaker 1: It is not like when I played it the first time, I was like, I'm gonna be rooting too and shooting everyone, killing everyone cowt And like now that I've played, I've beat the game and I know who that character is. And by the end, I was like, I feel like I played the character wrong, Like I'm gonna play a little more properly.
Speaker 2: Just that I think.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's definitely kind of like they can't. It's like doing Koe Tour as a sith right, Like, I'm sorry, what I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Story? Oh excuse me, a no tour? What did I say? Poopy pe or whatever poopy shoots please come on poopy shoots even say shoots it's a shoop.
Speaker 5: Maybe that is another thing that I had an issue with, where it's like, you know, it's from the team of a Grand Theft Auto. I want to be able to go make my own fun and the.
Speaker 2: Game does not care about I keep thinking about what we want.
Speaker 1: When we were I think it was during the Game of the Year stuff where it's like he played it as like a Cowboys simulator and like, I'm trying to see it.
Speaker 2: That way now, you know.
Speaker 7: I guess like it read that one like that to me, Like, and I'm somebody never really cared that much about g TA or that sand boxy stuff. Like it was like, oh, like I'm playing a Western and it's just really good at being a Western and you kind of have this open world and in service of that, but I wasn't necessarily going around even doing the thing everyone did, like I'm gonna tie up a person and put them on the train tracks are I was like, no, I mostly kind of here for this narrative experience and for this character stuff, and that all hit really well for me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think the problem with me it was always like there's the suggestion the possibility is everywhere the train is going right there, I'm gonna go get on that train and I'm gonna hijacket and I'm gonna rob everybody on there. And you can kind of do that a little bit. And I think there's parts of the story maybe where they do exactly that. But when I tried to like just naturally do it, it's like it felt incomplete. It felt like an incomplete thought where, yeah, they didn't think about what if someone actually did that, how are they gonna interact with it? Just nothing happens.
Speaker 2: It's just weird.
Speaker 4: Sure, I like cowboys, I still don't like Red Duad. Maybe I'll maybe one day I'll go back. I think i'd be a bad shoot cowboy. Yah, yeah, I agree, Yeah, we all know you would. I think i'd be a good cowboy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could see it. Yeah, yeah, thank you. Yeah. I think I think I'm a wild shot. Who knows what kind of cowboy?
Speaker 1: Mike, do you think you'd be better as a shoot cowboy or deployed military person.
Speaker 7: There's like a lot of things you can do as a deployed military person. They wouldn't necessarily to put me in.
Speaker 2: You're in the field with a gun, like.
Speaker 5: You'd be a great chef on like a navy vessel or something.
Speaker 2: Combat combat.
Speaker 1: What do you think that would you between the cowboy and these cowboys have combat too?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But was that the right horses in the wagon?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Like we have a stage coach. Oh, you see the movie Stage Coach? It was fun.
Speaker 7: I mean, I'm sure it's very problematic. It's the black and white Cowboy movie, but you know interesting. Yeah, I guess I'll kill a modern military person. Probably might work out slightly better for me. I'm afraid I'd not do either.
Speaker 6: Fast forward a couple months and he's war Zone.
Speaker 2: Operator.
Speaker 4: Yeah, out with like an upside down pineapple tattoo and Mickey's on his gun.
Speaker 2: It's a charm, all right.
Speaker 4: Speaking about Mike Manatti, we have an email about Mike Manatti.
Speaker 5: I love the show.
Speaker 2: Hello, Bambas.
Speaker 4: Every time someone travels to a theme park with Mikey, they seem so glad and thankful for having him there for the rest of the crew. What is a place or situation that you could go with the rest of the GB crew and they'd say, oh, thank god we brought you. Love the show. Love the show, Love you all. Mike from Loveland.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was like, I was thinking I might not have an answer to this because most of the time I'm like I don't want to entertain people. But I think I would be pretty good in like a really bad like if the building was on fire, I could get you all out was getting derailed if something bad was happening, and you just need someone that could lock in in that moment and then as soon as over would be useless, I'm your go.
Speaker 7: Mix, Like, yeah, sure I need that because I would be like your kids. I am somebody I do just freeze, and I'm the exact opposite where I'm frozen most of the time. And then a train starts to derail, I'm like, all right, let's go in action. Make sure everyone's okay. Like that's yeah, that's where I excel.
Speaker 6: Uh, Jan, you've been to wrestlating with me? Is that for one hundred percent?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 6: I feel confident that I'm a good wrestle guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm someone that gets very shy when I have to like pass through security and everything. And then Dan was like, let's just walk on the floor. I'm like okay, and we did.
Speaker 2: It was great. It works more than it doesn't. I've been doing that for decades.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Dan has a really good like like saunter to him, and then like when we passed through security, I'll just be like and then just keep going.
Speaker 5: And it's like, all right, I think, yeah, could we all just walked into the Netflix party, right?
Speaker 2: H what are you talking about? Sure?
Speaker 6: I mean no, we all got our wristbands properly.
Speaker 5: We were on Netflix. Yeah, And I think that Nikki did it with the most confidence, clearly, right. And I think I I got in, I was fine, but they definitely noticed me and like, and they tried to stop me, but I just walked too fast. So I think I was pretty bad at it, so bad that I ruined it for Sean for like ten minutes. He couldn't also do it. But I think all of you pulled it off without any issues.
Speaker 6: And then I stole my.
Speaker 5: Nice Yeah.
Speaker 2: All right, I don't know Jan what about you? Where's your thing?
Speaker 4: I don't know, like a GB at night set, I'm like, hey, I need you here now, all right?
Speaker 2: Cool? This is what we need to.
Speaker 4: Uh. Even though I do less now, I still feel like I need to be in the room when it's happening in the room where it happens. Thank you, h Wynn Manuel Mitchaudie. All right, final email of the show. Thank you everyone for sending your emails to we we got. We had an abundance, a cornucopia of emails over the holiday break, and I appreciate all of them. But last one comes from Josh the Canadian. Happy New Year, Bombers. Last year you helped me wrap my head around the analog pocket and ways to play old games. Thank you again for the advice. You saved me hundreds of dollars and potentially a huge headache dealing with counterfeit carts. I need your advice one more time. There are beach read books, but what about beach play video games. Maybe they're brainless games, short and length, or have super happy vibes, whatever.
Speaker 2: You think fits.
Speaker 4: I'm heading to Mexico to lay on a beach for a week, and I'm looking for a good beach game to help me relax.
Speaker 2: It unwined.
Speaker 4: For some reason, playing retro games on the pocket while playing on a beach is tickling me in the best ways. Thanks in advance for helping me, helping to tickle me. But you love, Josh the Canadian.
Speaker 6: You know what is a great unwined game on the pocket. Donkey Kong ninety four.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, oh sure, it looks great, plays great, it's just a fun, breezy time.
Speaker 6: That's a great one for that.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Mario Golf fite size as well, Mario what Mario Golf. That's a great one.
Speaker 2: Yep, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: Now I don't think they're necessarily asking specifically for analog pocket games.
Speaker 2: Or are they.
Speaker 1: They say at the end of playing retro games on the pocket while laying on a beach is tickling me.
Speaker 7: You're right, You're right, okay, so yeah, yeah, gosh, kindinety four is such a great pick. I mean Tetris like Tetris the X would be very good for that of course, right or be off beat? Get zoup remember so yeah, yeah, yes, get Zoop Soup.
Speaker 5: On a podcast over the break, I talked about Zoop Warriorare yeah the person without a doubt Warrior. You know what I did is I found a bunch of English translations of games that never came out in America and I put those are the first ones I put in my anali pocket and I started going through those. That's a good time, I got it.
Speaker 2: I got it. Okay, you play bock tie because you're on the beach, there's gonna be so much so.
Speaker 1: You don't have No, No, that's not going to work on the analog pocket. It will if you get the shoe cartridge.
Speaker 5: If you get the shoe cartridge, which we're talking about, what do you get?
Speaker 7: Oh right, you have in the car? Yeah yeah yeah, get bucked. You get a back tie cartridge, you'll be fine. Yeah, it's a day I should play Snatcher two.
Speaker 5: Our phones have I bring this up every time, but I just like want to like check again. Our phones have light sensors. Can they use can emulators use that to emulate the buck tie cartridge? I hope that's possible. If anyone knows, let me know. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sean says, yes, okay, all right right, cool, okay, cool cool?
Speaker 4: Any other beach game? Rex, I don't know. Sports games in general I think are good.
Speaker 2: Race not Wave Race sixty four, just Wave Race, the first one that came on a game boy.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, uh, it's actually pretty good.
Speaker 1: Actually, bring a switch and play Mario Sunshine on Page or or played Tonyaks pro Skater two on the GBA.
Speaker 2: Got the game that pretty good one, pretty good good one. Yeah, all ride folks. That does it for emails.
Speaker 4: Bombcasta giant bomb dot Com is email addressed to send your emails too.
Speaker 2: It's our first week back. Boys. Yeah, miss I missed. I missed everyone listening. I miss you three.
Speaker 4: I missed Tam Nikki, Sean Bacalar and the whole gang as well. Yeah, bunch of bunch of fun stuff popping off this year. Huh what stuff is in the works tomorrow? Uh?
Speaker 1: Blake Club with games sitting next to me, Terminator three, Rise of the Machines will begin. I am sick, and I have been feeling myself sicker throughout this very podcast, and we'll see what kind of shape I'm in. But if something is not falling off of my body tomorrow, I will be doing Blake Club. We also were gonna have an early start tomorrow. I believe it's eleven Central noon.
Speaker 5: Eastern, right after games mornings.
Speaker 6: Yeah, directly after game mess morning. If we will be going into Blake Club.
Speaker 5: So you guys just get set up and I will just pop in the room with you when I'm done.
Speaker 6: That makes sense, Yeah, okay, yep, do you guys know that.
Speaker 5: Tony Hawk's American skate Land came out on Game Boy Advance.
Speaker 1: Right, there's skate Land and then Wasteland. It was two different Game Boy Dance one was different and the DS one was different.
Speaker 2: Y ya, I know the DS one right is great, but what's the GBA one even like it's still isometic?
Speaker 5: S yes, because they did. I remember playing Tonics first Skater four on the g BA. That one was isometric. They just kept doing it. Thug is on g B A.
Speaker 2: I had no idea, that's awesome, Skateland, that's Wowlan was great.
Speaker 5: Skatelands is maybe my second favorite Tony Hawk.
Speaker 2: Wow. I would have liked that way more than American Wastelands. Oh yeah, I don't want to play Thug really bad.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 6: Every time Tony Hawk comes some conversation, I want to play Tony Hawk.
Speaker 5: I I just play it like once a week, just to like feel something. God one plus two is so good. But so skate Land. I play that a lot.
Speaker 2: That's another thing with that list. The Tony Hawking was one, and I'm like, I've guess I'm got Tony Hawk's on here.
Speaker 6: Oh that's not the one, weird you picked?
Speaker 2: It's great first, Skater one is still a great game, but come.
Speaker 6: On two or three or the one three? Yeah, I got three.
Speaker 2: I would have just put one plus two at this point. Yeah that's fine too, honestly.
Speaker 7: And yeah, well, like the list evesides like, it was like a combination of like, you know, influence and how well they hold up. Sure, but still come on okay, Yeah and Mario no three day.
Speaker 2: Yeah or whatever.
Speaker 4: Voicemail dump truck popping off. Later this week, we will have a BCR where we will go over the Fantasy Critic results. Perhaps we'll also talk about the Rolling Stones Top fifty video games and maybe upf will be Marvel rivals. Since The Fantastic four is dropping on Friday Day, Jeff Grab we got Game Mess Mornings popping off Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll be back for the rest of the week for sure. The first episode back from break was yesterday. It was a good time. So yeah, be sure to listen to Game most mornings everybody.
Speaker 4: Folks, And if you missed it, our Game of the Year podcast or deliberations are already out there on YouTube. They're on podcasts. Days one, two, and three are full of fun categories. Some bonus categories pop up along the way as well, and then day four we crowned our top ten games of the year in twenty twenty four, the Gentleman, you know.
Speaker 2: What we learned. You can't cook with degreaser.
Speaker 4: You also shouldn't unplug too many things while the show is going, and I'm never doing zin again.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Jeff Grubb, welcome. You should always buy.
Speaker 4: Some backup asparagus because oil can be tricky, and there is in fact a lot of sweat in that boot. Barcodes on food and make them safe. And Mike Manai brings the lout to this podcast because together we are overwhelmingly positive and you know what we learned, berries ups, And that does it for the Giant BombCast this week. Thank you for joining us for episode eight hundred and seventy two. I've been Jan, he has been Dan, he's been Mike, he's been Jeff Grubb, and this isn't stopping. So I'm just gonna quickly, hastily go to this routing thing because I hate this. Go Xlara, I should have left this in twenty twenty four. I'm gonna do that now the music's gone and I'm gonna play the.
Speaker 2: Music to make us go away. Goodbye everyone. I love the guest lists dot Com slash word Marino.
Speaker 4: Okay, special special special shouts out to fucking the Ace of the team, the unspoken member of the team Marino for fucking sorting out all of our bullshit and everyone else is bullshit and formatting her properly.
Speaker 2: Let me let me see some ms in.
Speaker 5: The chaff Marinos.
Speaker 1: Even if Marino put the horizon picture on for my astrobot number one, you got me.
Speaker 4: We'll see you next week for another episode of the Giant Bobby Cast Wheel.
Speaker 2: I might be the weird one. Wow, that's me. I don't it's not weird.