Speaker 1: This is WWE Superstar Drew McIntyre, and you're listening to the WWE podcast show.
Speaker 2: The one that everybody wants me.
Speaker 3: God tell ste sixteens, your ass is my art.
Speaker 1: You're gonna acknowledge me.
Speaker 2: Well, here we are, SummerSlam twenty twenty five, and we've got a lot to get through. We've got two nights of wrestling, believe it or not, Yes, two nights of SummerSlam for the first time ever. We'll see if that's a trend that continues. I would imagine that it is something that's going to continue in the years to come, and we'll we'll see how we feel if we've been through Wrestlmingia a few years of doing this, I don't think it's going to be much different. And that's fine. I mean, it takes up your whole weekend, but it's kind of cool because by the time Saturday's over, you're thinking yourself on, well, hey, we've still got a whole nother night. It can be a little bit exhausting, but it's if you're a wrestling fan. I think this is going to be a formula that ultimately is going to be successful. So let's dive into it. We're going to give our predictions. On the back end, we will hear from some listeners on what they think is going to happen as well, kind of a small mailbag session at the end of this. So let's dive in because there are so many matches here, and we'll do that. But one thing right now, I just want to mention I didn't talk about at all, and it's just a quick thing, is we have Roman Reigns's shoes being stolen. I don't care. I mean, I just I don't care about that. Doesn't if someone wants to steal Roman rains of shoes doesn't bother me. I mean, we saw what happened on RAW. I don't care. Doesn't mean anything to me. I'm not a big shoe guy. I don't care if they're ten thousand dollars a piece, I just don't care. So that's my answer. But let's go into it, and we'll start obviously with night one. I don't know in what order this will be on the show, but this is a full amount of reading. This is from CBS Sports. It sounds like it's plausible that this is the order in which the matches could actually be laid out. But here we go Sammy's Ain versus Carrying Cross, and this matchup has been weird. This this program has been weird up and down. I don't think Carrion Cross has had a stellar match yet Sammy's Ain has been primarily carrying load inside the ring. That being said, it's nice to see carry and Cross getting some actual consistent on air time, even if this whole thing is just about making sure that the other one says the other one was right, Like that's the whole thing here. Just it's kind of funny, but it's a good thing for carrying a Cross who had some of men. I'm going into rest mania because of the promo he cut and then lost it, and now it seems like maybe they're gonna see what he's got. See if the fans stick with him and it's time for Carrying Cross. He needs to have an outstanding performance here in order to go to the next level, and there's no better person to have on the other side of the ring than Sammy's Ain to do that. So who do I think is gonna win here? I mean, I have to say Sammy's Ain. I still have to say Sammy's Ain because this program needs to be over, but I don't know. You know, Sammy's Ain could win straight up. I wouldn't be surprised if he has inadvertent help somehow, but this seems to be a one on one program with no real outside entities. I really do think that Sammy's Ain is gonna win, and if he wins just straight up, then he wins straight up. But I think the most important thing, as I said, for Carrying, is to have an outstanding match, the best match of his career, no pressure. I don't mean to have a you don't have to have a five star classic, but one that's memorable, one that you can hang your hat on and say, hey, Carrion lost, but in a hell of an effort he lost, and it can move him to that X level to work with the next level of talent consistently. And it's going to be interesting to see also how the crowd reacts to him just throughout the match. I think it'll be twelve fifteen minutes tops, probably twelve thirteen minutes, and ultimately Samy's Ain coming out on top. And the other reason I think Samy's gonna win is because they have been constantly talking about how Sammy's Ain is not going to ever be world champion, and the baby Faces are defending him, saying, yes, you will, and the Heels are saying, no, you're not, And so that story needs to continue. You can't have samy' z Ain at this point in that story that they're seemingly building to. Having him lose to Carry and Cross wouldn't really make a ton of sense, all righty. The next is let's see what what do I think is actually going to be next? Probably the Women's Tag Team Championships Rock Cal Rodriguez and rox san Perez versus Alexa Bliss and Charlotte Flair. This one, to me, I mean, it's the Women's Tag Team Championships. So it doesn't get much less interesting the way that WWE's presented them anyway. Not no disrespect to any of the women in the ring here, all four are very very good, you know, future Hall of Famers, at least two out of the four right now, and right now you have a team in Judgment Day of Rackl and Roxanne that are still trying to find their way with Live Morgan being gone. What if Live Morgan makes a surprise appearance here, It's not out of the question. I don't live Morgan doesn't due back for a little while, but has anyone thought about this? Maybe Lives somehow makes her presence felt costing Roquel the championships. I mean, perhaps what's the beef? Well, she has beef with Roxanne, so she didn't trust Roxanne. Roxanne has been kind of warming up to Dom and trying to interfere, and then Live gets hurt. It's possible that said, Do I think the Live is going to come back? No, but it's on the universe of possibilities, and I think Alexa Listens Charlotte Flair probably win here. I think they win, and I think the crowd will love it. I don't think Alexa and Charlotte will have a long run with it, but I think both Alexa and Charlotte are in a place right now where they found a weird friendship that they say isn't a friendship, and they both don't have much else going on at the moment anyway, and the fans have taken to Charlotte also being in this tag team. I would say Alexa and Charlotte are probably gonna win here. In fact, I would say they're heavy favorites to win. I don't think they'll have a long run because they are both inherently single stars. But a couple of months, yeah, and then have them lose it. So in October November at the very latest, and then they go on their way. But it's a good time to strike with both women hereing some momentum, some chemistry together, Alexa Bliss and Charlotte Flair become new women's tag team champions. Alrighty, what's next? Probably probably Randy Orton and Jelly Roll versus Drew McIntyre and Logan Paul. Drew McIntyre is going to make it. By the way, all of the talk about his passport and being stuck in Scotland or overseas or wherever he is is nonsense. He revealed it on X earlier and Logan Paul showed up and it's all a story. So it got some of us to believe that it was true. I mean there were times where I did believe it was true as well. But it looks like Drew McIntyre is going to make it. It's a story. He'll be there, So I expect Randy Orton to be euphoric as he always is for some bizarre reason about Jelly Roll. He'll have some moments in the match, but Randy Orton is certainly going to carry the weight of this match on his back. And I expect Logan Paul to get some shots in on Jelly Roll, but Jelly Roll ultimately looking good. Here, what do I think is gonna happen? Probably Randy Orton, r KO ing Drew MacIntyre. Well, let me put it this way, Logan Paul is going to take the pinfall. Jelly Roll is very likely to get the the the actual pin on Logan Paul. I think that they want to make Jelly Roll look good. Jelly Roll has lost a ton of weight and put in a ton of work, and I can appreciate that, and I respect that, and that's to me very important as a fan. Why Randy Orton is so obsessed with Jelly Roll. He's going he's I mean, he's over selling Jelly Roll to the point of just it's just gross. Randy Orton is a megastar in wrestling, and he's star struck with Jelly Roll. It's it's infuriating, But I mean he's trying to put over a celebrity. I understand he's doing it for the company. But I expect Jelly Roll to look good, better than most expect. We saw a little bit of what he could do with a back elbow and you know the slam that he did he through. I saw a couple of okay punches. Logan Paul, though, is light years ahead of him in terms of ability, in terms of what the fans know he's capable of versus Jelly Roll. Jelly Roll here, I don't think is going to make it a regular appearance on WWE. He's got his own music career. I don't need to see Jelly Roll in the ring at all ever again after this, it's just your typical celebrity crossover event that they're trying to get more eyeballs on this show, and I can I get that they're a business, but I don't expect this to be a great match. Although I will say there'll be moments of Jelly Roll. Randy Orton and Logan Paul and McIntyre can all put on a show. It's just Jelly Roll that's going to drag them all down, and that's to be expected. It it's not a hit on Jelly Roll. He's just he's He's not even in the he's not even in the same universe of ability of all three of these men. So they have to work around jelly Roll's limitations and weaknesses, which is pretty much almost every everything, and make him look like a million bucks. I do want to see Drew McIntyre claymore jelly Roll. I need to see that. It'll make me very happy inside. Yeah, so, but I expect Randy Orton and jelly Roll to win. All righty, let's get to Bronson Reid and bron Breaker versus jay Us and Roman Reigns. I know this is not going to be the main event, but there's definitely, you know, a case we made that this could be, and this program has been one that I know. Roman Reigns has been reportedly backstage not happy about. He wanted his own singles match on Summer Slam, but they got a tag team match and that's okay. You know, Roman Reigns and jay Us so with their bloodline connection from the last five years, certainly makes sense to be put together, and bron Breaker and Bronson Reid also together trying to build momentum. This is actually a tough one to call. Roman Reiins has recently returns from his WrestleMania vacation that he takes every year, and bron Breaker and Bronson Reid over the last couple of days a week, I say, has really gotten a lot of heat. With the destruction of Roman Reigns and Jus on Raw, bron Breaker has broken out on the microphone. It's been a great week for bron Breaker and Bronson Reid. And if you look at the typical rule of thumb, where if the heels get the heat the advantage heading into the ple e or pay per view, usually the lose on the ple e. But in this case this is not easy to say, because bron Breaker and Bronson Reid are the stars of tomorrow. Roman Rains and Jayus are the stars of today. If you have Roman and j just flat out beat bron and Bronson, it looks like it, you know, it may set them back a little bit. So I fully expect this to be an awesome match. You talk about ability, speed, power, it's all here. I mean, this is gonna be awesome. Bron Breaker will have a hell of an eye as he always does, and look out for Bronson read too, and Bronson Reees is getting a little bit of the shadow of bron Breaker on him, but it could be time for Bronson Read to break out too. So who do I think is gonna win? Though? Man, this is tough. I could see Seth Rollins coming in here, could but I doubt it. We'll get to him though in the main event, if you know what I'm getting at here, So no Seth here. Could we have a brock Lesnar deal. We could, but I don't think so right now. I think it's a straight up no. Nobody else interferes and I I have to go with Roman Reigns and jay Uso. But on the back end, the Heels get their heat back. So Roman Reigns and Jauso maybe Spear, Bronson Reed, bron Breaker is not going to be the one taking the pinfall if they lose. You know there's going to be I mean, what's the over under on spears ten? In this match? You have three guys who use the spear as they're finish. The only one you're missing is Goldberg. If Goldberg was in there with bron Breaker, you know, if it was bron Breaker in Goldberg versus jaj Uso and Roman Reigns, I mean, it's be wild. But you have three of the guys in wrestling right now using spears as they're finished, I would say the spear total is going to be ten. Dare I say, I don't mean that to be I mean it's probably realistic, but Roman reigns and ja us So probably lose. But I'm putting this at like a fifty one nine percent chance. This is a really tough one. All right, Women's tag team. I already said that. Let's talk to or look at the women's championship match Tiffany Stratton and Jade Cargill. You know, this one, to me is a slam dunk unless they want to turn Jade Cargill heel. I don't think right now that's the goal. So with that said, I think Tiffany Stratton wins in a match that's going to be okay. Jade has been improving, but I don't I still don't have a high bar for her, though she's had glimpses and glimmers of good moments to really good moments, which her best one by far was still as I said of the elimination chamber, when she came in and destroyed Naomi, that was the best she's ever looked. And then since then she's kind of slowly taken steps back and back and back. But Tiffany Stratton right now, you know, I don't think it's ready. I don't think the fans are ready to have Jade crowned as the women's champion. We still have no idea. Can anybody explain who Jade is? Anybody? What's her personality? What's her mission? Okay, she wants to be champion, but who doesn't. I mean, that's that's a default mission. That's just something that everyone has or should have. So that's that's not new. We're interesting.
Speaker 1: To me.
Speaker 2: Tiffany Stratton has to win this. If Jade wins, part of me wants to see what the crowd is gonna do. I think they would. They would completely flat out reject Jade. Jade's gonna be booed in this match, and she's going to be booed. I would say seventy five to twenty five. And that might be kind because the fans have taken to Tiffany. They have really from the get go, even when she was playing a heel, and I think Jade has not endeared herself to the fans because they don't know who she is. They have kind of started to see through her facade of just look at my body, Look how good I look? And then the fans are going, wow, yeah, it is incredible. Your physique is incredible, But hey, is there anything else? Look what else is there? And the fans aren't getting much. Yeah, she's slowly improving in the range. She'll take two steps forward, one step back, but there's nothing there for the fans to really gravitate to. And I think that if they put Jade in that position of being Women's Champion, the fans would reject it. So again, that's fine if they want to turn her heel. But if the goal is to keep her babyface and have the torch being passed to Jade, yeah, good luck with that. All right, here we go. Night one main event has to be the main event. Gunther versus CM Punk Who this one? This has so many possibilities. I don't even know where to go. You have Gunther and Punk. If it's just them straight up, no wacky inside or outside of interference, this is going to be a really good match because they're two professionals. I say that a lot, but it's true. Punk has shown that he's more than capable of continuing to be performing at the level he has. He is a older guy that has still somehow found the fountain of youth when it comes to in ring performance, and I give him all the credit in the world for that. Gunther hasn't even reached his peak yet, and we're still trying to build him and really also do a lot little bit of repair from the just gone awful decision to have him tap out to jay Usoid WrestleMania, which is still haunting him. It's a cloud over his head that I don't know if we'll ever wipe away. So that said, oh, and you have gone through just essentially reclaiming the belt a couple of months ago. So he's on a second run here, kind of doing a Wwe did a bit of a pivot there, and you know, you don't think it's going to beat it just handed to Punk, do you?
Speaker 1: Maybe?
Speaker 2: If I don't even know if the fan the fans would I think be excited to see Ceampunk as world champion. It's been how many years since cmpunk has held a world championship, or really any championship in w W Since he's been back in November of twenty three, Right, when's the last time what did cm punk do since he came back. I mean he was injured for nine months towards TRICEP comes back, has some matches with you know, Drew mctyre, a whole slew with Seth Rollins. So this match, here's what I don't gonna say. I think Gunther wins. I think Gunther wins. But then I don't know because the wild card is this weird injury with Seth that still has no update, and I'm about ready to cross the fence. I keep saying that the fans and WWE right now something's not lining up. We have never I have never seen an injury for a star of this magnitude undiagnosed for this long ever, So that is now starting to really ring a bell with me. Maybe the WWE is just trying to play with us, but why there's no need. But I will say Seth Rollins here cashing in Seth Rollins's injury. If it's not legitim and this has all been a setup, which I'm starting to lean towards now, then there is some backlash to that again that the fact that we'll know the actual legit injuries are gonna be overshadowed by is this real, because the last time they thought this is real, they made us believe that it wasn't and legitimate injuries and it could get very confusing quickly. I don't think we should ever blend real injury with storyline. I'm not a big fan of that. So if this is indeed a work and this whole thing's been to work, and Seth Rollins is back and he's gonna cash in, then fine, make Seth Rollins your world champion. I mean it makes sense. Both Bronson and brown Breaker are on fire. Paul Hayman has been leading this group very nicely, although this past week was probably his worst week that he's had and maybe his entire career. It was just not good. But we'll give him a pass because it's freaking Paul Hayman, and you have Seth Rollins return, cash in and boom. Now you could have cmpunk Win and then seth Rollins comes in and cashes in. He hates punk right his whole mission, in his whole life. Remember when Seth Rollins said, as long as there's a breath in his body, he will not allow Sampunk to be champion. So it's possible that he either costs Punk or Sampunk does win, but he wins for a brief moment and then Seth Rollins cashes in or Seth Rollins makes it a triple threat and he cashes in on and then stomps cmpunk and one, two three, and we all thought Seth Rollins is really injured. Blah blah blah. Yeah, and the heightst of the Century Part two very possible. It seems like all the duck Ducks are lining up for it, So I would say c mpunk is If there is no Seth Rawlins, Gunther probably retains. But if Seth Rollins is going to be there, and I'm leaning towards that slightly, then I think Seth Rollins becomes world champion. All right, Night two, Night two, let's talk about it. We have a WWE Tag Team Championship match, the Wide six versus DIY versus The Three Profits versus Phraxium versus MotorCity Machine Guns versus Andrade and Ray Phoenix a late additions to the card here, and I would think Night two. From what I'm reading on CBS Sports, it says that it's not announced whether those would be on Night one or Night too, but Night two makes sense is it would play six matches on each night, which I would agree with. So this match, I mean, it's pretty much everyone in the division in this match, and I would expect probably the Wyatt six to retain. I think a close second is MotorCity machine Guns. Believe it or not, I don't think there's any chance. I'm on Drada and Ray Phoenix, the three Profits just lost them and Phraxium hasn't really gained a ton of met him yet and DIY kind of in the same boat. So I would say motorc City machine Guns are a close second. Wy At six I think will retain in a TLC match. Here, don't forget TLC I should have mentioned that. So this will be entertaining as hell. Could absolutely open the show on night two, excuse me, and I think that this is going to be highly entertaining, bumps, bruises, all the rest that you expect from a tag team multi tag team TLC match. It's going to be violent, wild, the things off the ladders. As I mentioned earlier in the week, I'm genuinely concerned for the health and safety of the men in this match. I'm genuinely concerned. I mean that in the most complimentary way. Not that they're going to be unsafe purposefully, but I mean you inherently absorb more risk by doing this type of match. But I think the Wyat six retain all right, Dominic Castio versus AJ Styles. Dom probably retains here, but it would be nice to see AJ Styles get a nice championship run, a mid card, mid upper car championship run with the IC belt. But I expect Dominic Masterio to win here. And even though he's been avoiding AJ Styles, I think that dom needs a little more time with that belt. I think that despite the fact that the fans have gone back to booing him a bit, I think they're still ready to embrace him. And Dom has been, you know, I would say moderately warm since WrestleMania, having lived, not there does her live? Is such a part of dom and now without her there, Not that Dom is dependent on her to survive as a character, but he was part of her and she was part of him in the storyline, and she helped him win, and their backstage antics and all the rest were fun to watch. But Dominic Mastiro can hold his own in the ring, and this is going to be an entertaining match one that I think is going to end up with Dominic Monstereiro retaining. All right, Jacobontu and Solo Sokoa in a steel cage match for the United States Championship. I think Solo retains only because he just got it. That's it. That's the only reason. Jacob Fatu does not need to win this. He has proven himself at this point. Solo at the on the other hand, needs a little momentum boost here because he loses every other match that he has. He's very much a fifty to fifty books person or character rather on the roster right now. They don't seem to be super behind him, but having a belt around his waist can help. And I think Solo Soakoa will win here, probably because of the Talatanga Tongala. Some Tonga is going to be interfering, or Tonga's plural will probably be interfering. Jacofatu could certainly have help from Jimmy Usso, but it's not going to make a difference. I think Solo retains because of the uh the tongans Okay. The Women's Inner Cannidental Championship. Becky Lynch and Lyra Becky Lynch wins. I mean, so far, I'm having a lot of retentions here, but we don't need Lyra Valkyria winning because we're done with this program. And I think as long as Becky Lynch holds that championship, Lyra can no longer challenge her, which I think the fans at this point are fine with. Lyra did not have a good week. This passed on past week on Raw. Her little dance jig that she did was bad, her promo wasn't good. The fans booed the segment generally Becky Lynch, I think, and her can. They do have chemistry and this should be a really fun match from a physical standpoint, But the fans aren't into this story anymore. They left it behind a month ago. And right now you're gonna have Becky Lynch retained, and she should. I don't mean, there's really not much more to say about this, and yeah, so all righty, we then have Naomi versus Yo Sky versus Ree Ripley for the Women's World Championship. This is gonna be fun. I mean, this is gonna be The quality of this match is gonna be through the roof. I expect Naomi to again retain. Boy, I'm going for a Naomi retention. I don't think Ria Ripley needs to have the belt. Eo Sky doesn't need it. She just dropped it. Naomi just cashed in again. A Naomi retention makes sense here, despite the fact that you could make a case for Riha Ripley in a strong one. Ria is at the point in her career she doesn't need the belt and she has achieved that level of success so early on, and that's a compliment to her. She doesn't need the championship, but she wants it and she always wants it. And as an emailer pointed out earlier last week, every Women's Championship match since WrestleMania has involved Ria Ripley in some way. So I think that Naomi retaining would make sense. Having somebody and interfere to screw Ria Ripley would be good. To get her off the Women's Championship trail and have Ria involved in something that doesn't involve the Championship. That would be a good thing for her, But hey, what do I know. The fans continue to cheer her. She's the top woman in the entire company, and EO Sky, I think is again there's no chance of her because of the fact that she just lost it. Naomi. I want to see what this run can do. I think there is certainly gas left in the tank when it comes to Naomi and her run, of what it looks like and what she can do with it. I don't think it'd be fair to have her drop it this quickly. So unfortunately, if you guys are looking for a lot of title changes, I don't have a lot for you here. Becky Lynch retains, Naomi retains. Now things get interesting. The nine two main event for the Undersplitted Championship, John Cuniversus Cody Roads in a street fight that is going to be a key factor here, not just to make this not just a wrestling match and a little bit more, make it a little bit more brutal and all the rest, but to allow potential interference because you know, Lord knows that the obligatory spot in an underspeted Championship match should be a refump. There must be a ref bump, and we will get one. And now what does that ref bump entail? And what does it mean? And what does it set up? Do I dare go there? Do I dare say Dwayne shows up, it's a possibility. Anybody that says it's not is not paying attention. WWE is very aware of the backlash they received for the night to main event disaster at WrestleMania, and there's no other way to describe it other than an unmitigated disaster embarrassment. It was embarrassing, especially compared to the previous year's main event with WrestleMania forty that I know a lot of people absolutely loved. I thought it was okay, it was fun nostalgia, but it didn't make a lot of sense for like, for example, the Undertaker to show up last year, It's like, what does he have to do with anything, you know? And what's his beef with the Rock?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: From Wrestlemanta forty. But you go from that main event being critically playing to the absolute complete polar opposite of this year wrestling maybe to forty one to Night two, and I think WW looks at this as a redo mulligan. They look at this as a hey, how can we make this good? How can we do this the way we maybe should have? And that's part of it. And do they dare have the Rock show up this time? Perhaps there's a chance. Am I predicting it? No, but I'm I'm still gonna be thinking it, and we all are. Even if you think, even if you are a believer that the Rocks on the show up nonsense. Once the match gets to the end and the ref takes a bump, Even if the ref doesn't take a bump, I don't know, he doesn't need to because it's a street fight. When things are down and it looks like maybe John Cena or Cody Roads is about to win, you know you're gonna be thinking, is he here? Damn it, damnit? Is he here? Maybe? And we're all gonna be thinking it. We're human, we're wrestling fans. So that is possibility. I'm still not gonna predict it, but it's in there. So if that doesn't happen, then what happens? Who shows up? Who does somebody show up? Or is it straight up? And is this a double turn that a lot of us have been talking about and hearing about. Is it gonna be a Cody Rhods turn? Possibly, But here's the ultimate result. I do believe Cody Roads wins. They have to after so many retentions and a lot of these retentions I talked about with the women's World Championship, the Woen's Inner Continental Championship, the men's the United States Championship, the women's uh well not the women's tag team, the win's sac team I actually predicted would have a change there. I think the unaspeitted Championship, ending the night on a note that is gonna be talked about. Having Cody Roads win make sense for a lot of reasons, not just if Dwayne shows up or not. Regardless, they're gonna make good on WrestleMania, have a better match than WrestleMania. No travel Scott, for the love of God, unless he's there to be put through a flaming table with thumb tacks underneath. And then you have Cody Rhoads take the belt off of John Cena, who is also retiring in a couple of months, and I shouldn't say a couple like four months, four and a half months ish, John Sene is gonna be retiring, and then that we don't have to worry about it anymore. And it also ends John Cena's he'll run, which at this point we are all ready for it to be done. It really Cody Rhods winning here makes so much sense because it turns johnsena back babyface officially, we get to John Cena that we all know and love for the last few months, and we can say goodbye properly. We have Cody Rhoads back as champion and maybe have a more interesting run. You could do a turn with Cody, but I wouldn't. I honestly, if I'm w W, I wouldn't do it. Yet fans are expecting it, It's been rumored. I wouldn't do it when the fans are really star ring about it. And it also gives us the fans something to talk about and the general social media audience, which is pretty much everybody, a chance to talk about something big that happened. You think that they're gonna want to have the final moment of wrestlem or SummerSlam b Hey, Uh yeah, John Cena retained and uh you know that's it. No, they're gonna want people buzzing. That's how you get people buzz and Cody Roads wins. Now how he wins is an interesting question. Does he have someone interfere on his behalf? Maybe certainly not gonna be seth Rollins. He's going to be involved in Night one if if the injury is not legit and it's all been a work So I think this is going to be a highly entertaining main event, especially compared to the previous iteration at WrestleMania just four months ago. So this should be fun. And I expect Cody Roads to win. And if the Rock shows up, sure he shows up, but I'm not counting on it. And if Cody Roads just straight up beats John Cena and Johnsen is back to being a babyface, hey bam, we're back to where we should be, at a kind of a homeostasis, and John sena can ride off nicely into the sunset. It'll just be interesting to see how his character shifts from all the nonsense he's been spewing, all the insults, all the abusive relationships stuff, all the insults to the fans, goes from that to, oh, I guess I was wrong, you know. I mean, I don't think the fans are gonna care, but it'll be interesting to see how he navigates that. But Cody Roads should win. I think he's a strong favorite. I'd give it like a seventy five percent chance. Like Cody Roads retains, If John Cena retains, I mean, I don't see the interest in that. I don't see the need for that. I think we're all ready for Cody Rhodes or really anyone doesn't have to be Cody Roads, but like literally anyone take the belt off of Scena so we can get back to normal. Here we applaud wwe for the heel run. You tried. It didn't work out, but we appreciated and were ready to just say goodbye to John Cena the right way for the next few months. So there you go. There's my Summer Slam Night one night, two predictions. Let's get quickly to patrons and see what they have to say. And let's see let's go to let's see here, Let's go to John or Tom. Sorry Tom, Tom, He says my thoughts on Seth Rollins good timing, Tom. I do think the injury is legitimate. The ending to Seth and Knight was awkward, and the fact that Knight doesn't have a Summer Slam spot o opponent leads me to believe that he was supposed to be Jay's tag team partner while Roman fought Seth or some combination of that. My suspicions line the fact that if this were long term, like an ACL tear, we'd know the time table by now, and the fact Paul Haman has said there three weeks in a row now that Seth will be out a really really long time. Well, to translate in Paul Hammond speak, that means he won't be out that long. My hunch is he probably sprained his MCL, which is about a one to two month injury, which means he's probably not far off from being at full strength. Here's my theory. Seth comes out at Night one with the briefcase. Punk is distracted, think he's going to cash in. Gun Thro takes advantage, pins Punk, and retains. Seth never cashes in because everyone assumes he's still too hurt. Plus's main goal isn't to win the title, but to keep Punk from winning it. But Night two, Cody beats Sena, and after the match, Seth rollins comes out, hits Cody with his crutches, tosses them aside, cashes in, and then pins Cody for the Undisputed Heavyweight Championship. Just like Naomi cashes in on the title. Just like Naomi, Seth cashes in on the title that nobody thought of. Again, I mean, I just said that Cody won't probably have to worry about Seth. But you're right, I mean, I just I have issues. Didn't they say specifically that they have to whoever wins the briefcase has to cash him on the championships on their brand. I thought that was a thing not just implied, but I thought it was explicit, like it was actually said by the announcers or the GM's somebody. But if that's not the case, then clearly it's not because Naomi did it. Then yeah, I mean it's another option, certainly another option, and looms large if Seth does what you're talking about and he's not injured. So a lot of ips here. If Seth's not injured, If that's the plan where he comes in just to screw Seth or I'm sorry, just to screw Punk and then cashes in a night too, there's a lot of ifs. There's like three levels of ifs. Then I'm cool with that. I really have no problem with that. But it does muddy the water here because then where does Seth go back to SmackDown? I don't think that's gonna happen because it's different for the women's championship. With the men's Championship their top belt at the undisputed title. It gets a little muddy. You have Seth on Raw doing a nice job with Brown Break and Bronson read. You have Naomi, who is not part of a group. She doesn't have to be attached to anybody. She's kind of a lone wolf right now. She transferred to Raw, But what are you gonna have all three members of the Seths group transfer? It gets weird. So I don't think that'll happen, but I appreciate it because it's certainly possible. Thank you, Tom. Okay, let's talk to Let's talk to Matt. He's been a huge wrestling fan and for decades he joins the podcast the commentary and your honest opinion of his stories and wrestlers, most of the time in line with what I'm thinking. That's good. Hey, it's nice to hear people sometimes agree with me, despite the fact that I certainly piss off a lot of people, and I don't do it purposefully. It just as you said, I just give it straight. I mean, I give it straight and if people like it, cool, If they don't, don't you know, so cool. All right, here we go the Women's tag team Champions the Judgment Day versus Bliss and Flair. You're gonna give this one to Bliss and Flair. Okay, I agreed earlier. Randy Orton and Jelly versus Logan, Paul and Drew. You're gonna give the one to Drew and Logan. But after they win, they're going to continue to attack Jelly Roll and then Orton will come to his aid and clear the ring for the moral victory. Dom will retain, but not fairly. Naomi will retain. Jacob Fatu will win the championship back. Sammy's Ain will win, but I think he'll go overboard with and hit Cross with the pipe, cementing Cross's point and beginning his heel turn. Interesting. Interesting, Yeah, that's cool too. I'm fine with whatever this comes. Whatever the purpose of this matches with Sammy's Ain and carrying Cross, if it's just beyond or it has to be beyond. Hey, oh, I want to prove that I'm right. You're gonna say I'm right. That's such a just a soft reason to fight. But I like that if it's the point of making a slow heel turn for Sammy, then I'm fine with the two. Sammy hasn't been a heeling quite a while. Gunther will retain, but from interfewpearance, my guess is from Lesner ooh mm hmm brock Lesnar. Huh, I didn't even mention him. I don't think brock Lester's appearing, but it's possible. If brock Lesner appears, he's gonna have to be in some kind of it's gonna have to be to come face to face with Paul Hayman. I would think, not to screw Paul Hayman, but just to see the dynamic of having, you know, brock Lesner now coming face to face who used to be so close with Hayman. And then there's the Wise Man and Roman Reigns, and then you also have Seth and the Oracle. Paul Hammon has been many things to many people, so it would be a cool kind of moment. But I don't think Lesner is gonna return. Tiffty Stratton will retain. Let's see, Cody Rhodes will win the belt back with interference. My call is the rock and Sina will start to turn baby face while Cody goes heel. Okay, I'm taking Roman Reigns and Jay who said to win. But if Seth's injury is real and he doesn't show up, I'm calling a Roman reigns. He'll turn to side with Paul Braun and Bronson and he turns on Jay after the win. Wow, a lot of heel turns going on for you. I don't think they're ready to turn Roman back heel. I mean, he was heeled for what five years, and the fans got it out of their system. I don't think that they're ready to turn it. I mean they're making They're printing money with Roman reigns. They are printing cash. They have printing presses in the back. Every time Roman Reigns appears, they just the machines just start up in print money. The amount of merch he's moving. He's a true needle mover, he is a ratings mover. He is he's at that point now. So I don't think they're ready to turn him heel. That would be counterproductive to just money, I mean just their profit margins. I think he would have some effect on that. All right, let's talk to Matt Kay from Toronto. He says, still listen all the time. You guys doing a great job. Well, thank you. Here we go one Hogan. The building of pro wrestling as a global brand had a lot to do with him, and I respect that Hulk Hogan. His promotional and Mike work was top notch, and his n ring skills sucked. Terry Bleyo was a scumbag. In my humble opinion. Enuff said, hey, well look regardless, and I keep saying this, regardless of what do you think about Terry Bleya. The contributions were not Terry Bulaya's contributions. That's the man who played the character Hulk Hogan who's in the Hall of Fame, not Terry Blaya. Hulk Hogan. Hulk Hogan. He played a character. It may have been an extension of himself, but the brand was Hulk Hogan. There are a lot of bad people who have played really good, memorable characters on TV and in film. Are we supposed to all just negate everything they do because well, they said something insensitive twenty years ago. No. No, The fact is that they had a great performance and they contributed greatly to the industry that they're in. That should supersede any naughty things that they said several years ago. It doesn't mean you are you know that you agree with what they said, that you sponsor what they said, that you back up what they said. No, you just are able, like an adult, to separate the two. You're able to separate his professional contributions from his personal flaws. That's it. That's all this is about. And people just they don't want to do it, or they pretend that they don't know how. It doesn't mean that you again that you Oh well, if you support Hulk Hogan in any way, the character Hulk Hogan, remember then that means that you are you're racist. Connect the dots for me there. I'd love to know you know the how that all works. It's it's ridiculous. It's ridiculous. But anybody that thinks like hul Cogan did not have major contributions to professional wrestling is just I mean, sorry, you're a moron. I'm not saying you, Matt. I'm saying just whoever is whoever has that statement, And I've seen people say that you're just you're a moron. And I'm saying that the most pg way that I possibly can on this show. So that's that's my point, is I can separate the two, because I'm an adult and anybody else that can. It sounds like you can, Matt, and I know a lot of other people that have emailed me can. That's all we need to do. Doesn't mean that that anytime anybody does anything real bad that you need to say, oh well, let me look at Chris ben wah right, A bit of a different scenario there. Yeah, we can. We can recognize the contributions of Chris Benoa, but that's what he did to his family and to himself at the end, it bleeds over. What he did is just it's so severe and horrible that it's it's almost impossible to untie the two and to complement his professional career. It's still it still feels icky to do. Despite the fact that you know, you know you can separate professional and personal. This one is so severe that you know you can't absolve anything that he did and even talk about him in any positive light because it's just so horrible and horrific of what he did. So again, yeah, there are parameters here, but if you're talking about somebody saying some naughty words to some people that are pretending to be offended, on behalf of other people twenty years ago, hit the bricks. I mean, just just race baiting clowns again and somebody, oh he's racist. Really, just whatever you want to believe, you know, you believe, it's fine. I just I don't care, and nobody should care anymore. It's all just it's performative. It's performative, Okay. Number two, I agree with you that seth Rollins is a work. The lad needed time off and developing. Breaker and Reed has been awesome. Breakers one hundred percent. The future of heels. Both tag team divisions are lukewarm. I mean that that's just by default all the time, Matt, I mean always. This pairing of Bliss and Flare is great and I see what they're doing champions at SummerSlam. For sure. I would concur lastly jobbing Chelsea Green sucks. I love Tiffy time and Stephanie Vcoor to me is the next female star. Finally, Sina as a heel is good and I like you, I s despise cr once again. Thank you and cheers from Toronto. Go Jays go Well yeah, I mean well I don't know about Gojay's go a Yankees fan, but I mean yeah, it hasn't been a great season for the Yankees in terms of their standards of success. But the Blue Jays, I think the Blue Jays are for real. You guys. Usually here's what I know. No one and no one's here to talk baseball, but I will say, since you you said, go Jays, go. The Blue Jays historically have been a team that gets out to a fast start. They even may be in first place by a couple of games by the All Star break, and then you're like, all right, man, yeah they're going to fall off. And usually you guys fall off a cliff and you you, you know, you end the season third or fourth into division and you're never really a threat. You can win a couple of series, you know, you can be a pest. You're never a pushover team because you usually have a lot of power pitching, power hitting, but you're a pesky team. This year, you guys may be for real and you very well win, may win the division. Yeah, but I mean we're creeping up a little bit. We were back five games, six games. Now we're back, you know, three games. So it's like it's really anybody's game here. They have fifty some games to go. Anybody's division there. There's my baseball analysis for those of you that give a damn but thanks.
Speaker 1: All right, all.
Speaker 2: Right, well I think that'll do it. I don't know if I have anything else here, let me see if I do. I'll check my voicemails. I don't know if I have let's check it. No, no voicemails. So I'm guessing it's because the day my voicemail and email, you know, my mail bag has been pushed up a day because of Summer Slam. And I'm also traveling tomorrow, so that's also why, which is, you know, a little bit different from me on a Friday. But I'll be on X during Summer Slam. I'll also try to pop in the Patreon side of things on Discord if you want to join Discord and join everybody else during the show. It's a great place to go to chat live at patreon dot com. Slash WWE podcast you can go add free. You can also check us out on YouTube. We are posting videos more than we ever have, and same with our other channel that we do. That's about it's kind of creepy stuff, which is real eerie truth that's available on Patreon and on YouTube. Creepy stuff. Creepy story is real stuff, from ghosts to cryptids to murders.
Speaker 1: You name it.
Speaker 2: So interesting, right, trying to hit all different walks of life and talk about other interests I have. So all right, thank you everybody. I hope you enjoy Summer Slam. I'll try to be back on no I will be back on Sunday for sure, if you know. If s hits the fan, I will do my best to get a show in, but it's going to be difficult because I'm not gonna be at my house. I'm at somebody else's house, all right, So that means it's gonna have to be in a car cutting a show in the middle of the night, which I've done. It's not impossible. But I'll be probably posting some nostalgia shows from years past, which I know some of you enjoy, and I'll be trying to post some other new content if I can. But for sure I will have a massive Summer Slam review by Sunday evening, as I know Onmally would anyway. All right, well that will do it for me. Everybody. I appreciate it, and uh we'll be chatting in a couple of days. Enjoy SummerSlam. Everybody, go ad free at Patreon dot com slash ww podcast and enjoy. Take care.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening to the WWE podcast. Don't forget to subscribe on your favorite podcast app so you don't miss a show, or head to wwepodcast dot com and for all of these shows add free head over to Patreon dot com slash WWE podcast. Until then, we'll see you next time.