Speaker 1: You'll be away five seventeen.
Speaker 2: Do you want to report a UFO hanging in? We don't want to report every thirty one. Do you wish to report a.
Speaker 1: UFO over hey, we want to one of.
Speaker 2: Those areas thirty one. Do you wish to find a report of any kind of it? I wouldn't know what kind of reports clouds areas thirty one me neither.
Speaker 1: There were seven one golf.
Speaker 3: If it was anybody as above us to pass us, like thirty.
Speaker 4: Seconds ago, we were sending one of golf negative, Okay, OFFI the UFO.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's murder ten nine o'clock. Yes, if you passed over, I got I don't know what it was.
Speaker 5: But it's from at least to three thousand feet above us.
Speaker 2: See, I passed right over the top of us.
Speaker 6: Ninety one one. You just called both to be be fours.
Speaker 2: They're after staying the airplanes.
Speaker 6: He is to God on an unidentified object every liberty or call or calm on an unidentified flying object.
Speaker 4: A Welcome to UFO Chronicles, a place where people share their experiences of the strange and unexplained. If you've had an encounter, I would like to be on the show. You can email me at UFO Chronicles at gmail dot com.
Speaker 5: Hello everyone, and welcome to the show.
Speaker 7: How are you all.
Speaker 1: I'm Nick Hunter and this is the UFO Chronicles podcast. In this episode, we are joined by Jason, a private investigator, former Phoenix police officer, and Air Force veteran, and he comes to us from the state of Arizona. Jason is the creator of the nine one eight Files, a project dedicated to chronicling the strange, the unexplained, and the downright bizarre happenings across the Grand Canyon State. From UFO science to unsolved mysteries. Jason will be sharing his first hand insights into Arizona's weird underbelly. This one's dedicated to all those who are fought to be crazy. Jason is up.
Speaker 5: Next, but first, if you enjoy the show and you would like to help support the podcast on Patreon, you can do this for as little as one dollar a month. Head on over to patreon dot com forward slash UFO Chronicles podcast. You can also find a link in the description of this episode. Any help is very much appreciated. Now on with the show.
Speaker 1: Good evening, Jason, Welcome to the podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey, thanks for having me.
Speaker 7: You are more than welcoming.
Speaker 1: It is great to have you with us tonight. And you're calling from the Arizona.
Speaker 2: Yes, the getting warm warmer by the day, state of Arizona.
Speaker 7: Get informer by the day.
Speaker 1: Okay, now, Jason, you have some experiences to share with us, But would you like to start by letting the listeners know a little bit about yourself?
Speaker 7: Please?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Absolutely, Well, I was My mom is originally from England. So this is why I kind of gravitated towards your show, because you know, the English accident has always been kind of comforting. But my dad was military, so we grew up all I grew up all over the States. We lived in England for a little bit. After high school, I joined the military, did a little bit of time on active duty, and then I left in two thousand and five. And then I became a police officer here in Arizona. Did that for a little bit, and then I got tired of dealing with all the nonsense that comes with law enforcement work, so started my own security business. And then I also started a private investigation business, which has kind of led me to this podcast. So and with that the private investigation business, what I've done. Is kind of also started a series of books based on you know, like, over the years, I've had a couple of odd cases that or you know, people have reported different odd or odd things to me. So I decided to turn some of those stories into stories in a book. And then I also read other books that I kind of made up, you know, using my own imagination. So but yeah, and then so here we are today, so great stuff.
Speaker 1: Would you like to stop by sharing some of the things you've experienced please, Jason.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely. So Basically, the way my private investigation business works is we primarily focus on you know, like missing persons, or we will do like a lot of surveillance work. Yeah. I have a couple of friends that I work with that are retired law enforcement and we kind of team up with them. But you know, over the years I've had I started getting people that would start requesting our services for you know, odd things like hey, do you investigate you know, ghosts or you know, lights moving or stuff like that. And initially I said, no, I don't want to get involved with that. I want to be professional and I want to focus on these key things. I want to stick to the law enforcement type things. But then you know, over the years again, I just started I've always been kind of curious about the paranormal UFOs and just things outside the box, right cause this, like we were talking earlier about, you know, my mom, and she was the type of person that kind of taught me to always keep an open mind. So when these a couple of them kind of caught my interest in regards to things that they were reporting. And one of them was there was a lady here in the Phoenix area. She had called me and said, you know, I kind of do a brief interview with them to see what's going on. But she seemed, I don't want to say normal, but she came across as very like, you know, like a nice, normal lady, Like there's nothing, there's no mental health issues. It didn't seem like that. It was just like a legitimate issue that she was trying to figure out. So basically what she was reporting was is that she was saying that there was things that were she lived alone by herself. She had no pets, no nothing, and she had a standalone, single home. So she was saying that stuff was being moved in her house. And then every now and then she would come home to lights being turned on, or she would wake up and then she'd go downstairs and like the living room light would be on. So I went to her house kind of did an assessment during the daytime. We didn't find anything weird. You know, I'm not an electrician or anything like that, but we kind of checked, you know, the power outlets and you know, different things, and you know, there's nothing. Came back about a week later at night. This time we were there around I think it was like seven o'clock, eight o'clock, and I had a little device it kind of measures for like electro magnetic stuff. And I remember I was walking up the stairs and I'm gonna before I say anything else, I'm gonna tell you that I'm not a paranormal investigator. Like I don't. The stuff creeped me out. I was doing this to kind of help the lady, To hopefully help the lady, you know, say hey, look there's nothing here to kind of ease your mind. But anyway, so I start walking up the stairs and I get halfway up the stairs and I kid you not the light switch. It's one of those toggle switches where you kind of it's flat, but it kind of you can push it down and it moves and it makes a click sound. I'm halfway up the stairs and then all of a sudden, I hear a click and then yep, sure enough, the light switch had literally like clicked down on his own. And I was like, yep, I'm out. I terminated the investigation right there, and I said, man, yes, you have some issues going on in your home. I don't know what just happened there, but you need to contact someone that deals with this stuff directly. So then I got some slack forward on social media because you know, people were kind of like, weren't you they're investigating, and I said, yeah, I was there investigating it. But I investigated and I said, yep, there's some some weirdness going on. So but yeah, that was an interesting one because that was the first one to kind of pique my interest more in this type of stuff. But yeah, it was. It was interesting, to say the least. And then the second one that we had it was about a This one was about six months later. We had a a gentleman call us and he just moved into the home and he said that he hears tapping so in the in the attics in the area where I live. It's kind of like the only thing that's up because it's too hot. You can't have stuff in these atticts up here. It's basically the He had the furnace up in his attic and that was it. So and he had this little square cut out, you know, entry into the attic and it was like just a little piece of you know, piece of wood. So he said that, you know, he would every night, during random or actually during the day and the night, he was here tapping coming from his ceiling. He couldn't figure it out, didn't know what it was. And it would be at random times, two o'clock in the morning, three in the afternoon, you know whatever. So we went over to his house because you know, this sounded interesting to me. I was like, okay, I'll go check it out. Because again the individual sounded like a normal, level headed guy and he was just trying to figure stuff out. So we go over there. We went over there, I think two or three times at different times during you know, at night, during the day, whatever, and one time. Two of the times we didn't hear anything. We didn't hear any tapping or anything. And I was like, okay, this this guy's probably just hearing stuff and you know, I'm not hearing it, so but I think it was the second or third time we went there. We were checking out. We were actually in the it's like a big, huge walking closet is where the attic entry way is, and we're in there, and then you start hearing the you know, it was kind of like I don't know if you can hear the tapping sound, but it was. It was kind of like that where it sounded like someone was tapping inside the attic, you know, like a human was tapping. And I was like, man, that is some not normal stuff. So we went up into the attic. I checked around, look for you know, the basics, you know, like rodents, this and that and the other. He called a friend of his that is in construction that deals with you know, home and stuff like that. Maybe there was a draft, maybe there was wind that was moving something. But we found nothing after that that could explain the tapping. But it was just incredibly creepy because, like I said, it was you know, there's nothing. We set up cameras up in the attic as well during different times, and we saw nothing, no movement. There is absolutely nothing that was explaining in this noise. But you know, we we caught it on when we were in the in the closet, We caught we recorded it, and it was just it was just one of those weird things where again we couldn't I had no idea what it was though. And then the third thing that kind of was me personally that I kind of experienced it myself and it kind of fits with the the UFO aspects of your show, and this one was kind of weird and it kind of Arizona. I don't know if you know or not, but Arizona has a lot of UFO UAP type activity, I think if I don't know if you're familiar with the National UFO Reporting Center, but since their inception, I think they've had something like over five thousand sightings of unidentified like objects in the air, and just in Arizona, and there's been like nineteen twenty something like that already this year alone all over the state. So but anyway, so I think it was a Christmas Day or Christmas Eve, I can't remember. I was outside and I was walking with my wife and her younger brother. He was like fifteen or sixteen at the time, but we're outside, is nighttime, we're walking, walking my dog, and this kind of fits into the line of you know, people are always you know, when people report seeing unidentified objects in the sky, they were like, well, why didn't you take your phone out? Why didn't you record it? You know, they're always getting slacked for that. None of us had our phones because we were just walking the dog, you know, two hundred and three hundred feet in front of our house. You know, we were out the funds not attached to our head. So we're out walking the dog. Up in the sky to the south. I don't know if you're familiar, but so I'm prior military and I've done a lot of work around, like you know, I've deployed. I've done a lot of work around, like black hawks, helicopters and whatnot. To the south, I see three lights that are flying in Unison going eastbound, and they taught my attention. So in our area where we live, there's always black hawks in the sky. They're always doing a lot of training because there's military facilities in our area and they're always in the sky. So it's nothing new. But what caught me on this incident, though, is the color of the lights that were orange, like a very dark orange, which I've never seen before ever. And I've been in the military active duty reserves for like over twenty six years. I've never seen helicopters with orange lights. So anyway, I see three lights going at the altitude of blackhawks, going at the speed of what black hawks normally go at, and then they're traveling. They're going eastbound, and then the first the lead vehicle, the lead light, disappears. The second one gets to that same spot, like ten seconds later it disappears, and then the third one gets to that spot and then disappears. So I look at my wife and I'm like, did you see that? And she said, no, I don't know what you're talking about. And then her brother, though I said, I looked at him and he looked at me like he knew what I was going to ask him, and he was like, yeah, what was that? And I said, I don't know, dude. So then I kid you not. Maybe about fifteen seconds later we look over to east. Now, so about ninety degrees to the east, the lights reappear. So the distance that they traveled in that amount of time, there's no way that they could have been going that fast. So they reappear out of nowhere and they're in the sky doing the same speed fly unison, and then they get to a certain spot in the sky and the first one it kind of like this time, it just didn't disappear. Did the old you know growing up watching Star Wars were kind of like that or Star Trek, that warp speed thing. It just kind of like went really small, really fast, and it just disappeared. Second one did the same thing, third one did the same thing and then gone. So what was weird is that there's no like I said, there's no sound. I've never seen a color like that for an aircraft. Nothing. So a little while later I talked to some individuals from MUFON and they do a lot of investigation for UFOs and ups went on and I was explaining them what I'd seen and they kind of told me that, nah, it's probably just flares. And it's frustrating because it was like they were not flares, And like I said, I've been in the military for long enough to know what flares look like, and it was just kind of like that was not that. So, but that's that's kind of the gist of some of the things that I experienced over the years, and it kind of goes along with my mentality though of why when people report stuff to me, I don't blow them off because it's kind of like So in the books that that I wrote, the very beginning of every book I dedicated I'll back up a little bit. So the books are called the ninety eighteen Files, and ninet eighteen comes from when I was a police officer. The radio code for mental health pickup was nine eighteen, So if you were going to go do you get dispatched to it, you know, a ninet eighteen call that was to go pick up someone that was having some sort of mental health issue. So the reason why we came up with I called it the ninetyeen Files is because you would be talking to someone on the street. We kind of used the code ninet eighteen as a way to, like, if you're dealing with a suspect or you know, someone citizen or whatever that that had some sort of mental health issue, you could say, hey, you know there, you could use ninety teen in a coded way to let other officers know that you're dealing with someone that's that's not gonna respond in the same way that, you know, a person without mental health issues is going to respond. But anyway, the reason why I came up with the nine eighteen files is because and we dedicated the beginning of the book to it says dedicated to those thought to be crazy. And I did that because there are times when you're going to report things like paranormal or you're going to report seeing UFO, or you're going to report some sort of experience that is totally unusual and odd, and when you tell people what you experience, they're going to think you're crazy. So the beginning of the book, the reason why I dedicated to those thought to be crazy is to kind of remind people that, you know, if someone is reporting something to you, you know, it's just kind of like the kild be telling the truth and just kind of take it for what it is, so kind of give them the benefit of the doubt and kind of listen.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, and that makes complete sense. You know, I've said this on the show a few times where one of the most frequent subject titles I get is You're going to think I'm crazy. And even sometimes in people's audio, you know, when they're sharing their account, that's that you know, they keep doubling back and say, yeah, this is this is going to sound crazy, this is going to sound crazy. But you know, normal people have these experiences, as you've found out now, Jason.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And that's the thing too, So the cop and me, it's like when you go to a scene and you see fifteen people all talking, it's no, that's a tainted witness bol right, because you could have one witness in a group of thirty is now thirty witnesses because everyone wants to be a part of what's going on. So what I like to do when it comes to certain incidents, and I'm sure you're familiar with like the phoenix lice for instance, right, I think it was back in ninety seven, late nineties. The reason why the validity of that incident is the fact that you have witnesses different parts of the state, different parts of different states. Because as these lights traveled, they're all reporting the same thing. But these are people that are disconnected from each other, so they're not talking, but they're reporting the same thing where they reporting seeing the same stuff. So and it's also kind of like the we can talk too, Like one of the bigger things that happened here in Arizona. Was do you remember the movie Fire in the Sky? I sure do, yeah, yeah. So what's kind of funny is we went I totally forgot. I knew about the movie, but I didn't know where it was filmed that in Arizona. So we were up in Hebrew where that whole incident took place, and we were going camping, of all places, and my wife picked this spot by the way, So we're going camping and we get up there and there's this wood shop. This guy does all these wood carvings and whatnot and whatever, and I noticed a lot of the alien He had a lot of alien figures that he's got all over the place, and I was like, what is going on with these aliens? So then I asked him, I said, Hey, why do you have all these alien figures in this wood shop? And he's like, oh, you never heard of Fired in the Sky. And I was like, it's like, you kidding me? That was here and the guy was like, yeah, I was, you didn't know. And he's like, what are you What are you doing up here? And I said, we're camping, and he kind of just gave me this weird look, and I was like that's great. Well let's let's just sat and sleep very well for the for the two nights that we were there. So but the cool thing about that story, that incident, again going back to the cop part of me, is those individuals again, they everyone said they were crazy. They they thought they were up to no good and thought they're plotting, planning, doing, coming up with some sort of you know whatever. But all of those individuals, I think they all passed polygraphs multiple times. So yeah, it's just one of those since, like I said, Arizona has had so many different unusual incidents over the years, so it's a state that's that's just ripe with unusual activity. And we border New Mexico, which is home to the famous the Roswell incident.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I must have been. I do get a lot of guests from those regions, and I did have Mike Rogers. I had him as a guest so several years ago. Now, of course he was brother in law of Travis Waltin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he's a I've been trying to I would love to talk to him because he'd be an interesting interview.
Speaker 1: So he's an interesting guy.
Speaker 2: And then we also had a forgetting the name of there was an incident over in the UK at one of the one of the military bases during the eighties. I'm sure familiar with the lights that were off the installation out in the forest Renders from forest, Yeah, exactly. Yeah, the one of the guys from that incident, he lives down here. I think he lives down somewhere in southern Arizona. But he's another one that would be kind of interesting to talk to. And it goes back to the thing of you know, when they were reporting stuff, it was kind of like, oh, you're you're crazy and again because you know, you're reporting things that you know, but we live in a world where it wasn't you know back in the day if you if you said the world was round and not flat, you know, you were called crazy.
Speaker 1: So but indeed, yeah, you work all crazy private investigations. Now, initially you were just doing i say, rather than mill You're just doing tating adulterers and missing persons and serving papers that type of thing. So you didn't really set out to get involved in the more more power normal side of things.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So when I first started out, it was basically just to I was trying to get into the professional lane of cop work, but from a civilian standpoint, you know what I'm saying. So it's just kind of like doing the missing persons, doing the surveillance work and stuff like that. I didn't set out to be, and even even now not necessarily like investigators for paranormal because, like I said, with that lady with the light switch, you know, we went out there and as soon as that light switched, I was like, no, this is not me. I can't. I was like, we documented it, and we turned the information over to her and we said, hey, you can you can take this video because we were recording it as we were going up, and I was like, you can take this and you can contact several different paranormal investigators and see what they can do for you. But you know, I don't have the resources or the expertise to do that type of stuff. But it does interest me though, because, like we were talking before, you know, my mom originally from England, from Northampton, and actually the main character in the book, the Private Investigator is he is basically it's Charles Bullum, which is my great grandfather who was from Northampton. So it's kind of I tied it all back to England because you know, it's my homeboy from home. But my mom is the one that kind of like, like I said, she passed away a couple of years ago, and but before that she had always taught me to kind of keep an open mind about stuff, you know, she was She's the type of person that sometimes you have to reel her in. You're kind of like, I don't want to call people crazy, but sometimes I'll be Mom, you're kind of you're skirting the realm, you're skirting the the weirdness levels here. But God bless her. She was the type that would be like, you know, unless someone can tell you, give you definitive proof that this is what something is, She's like, keep an open mind about it. So if someone tells you that that pen that you're holding is blue, if it is blue, then you know, sure it's blue. But if there is no facts or something that can definitively prove that something is something, you know, keep them open open mind about you know, what's going on. So, but it's kind of like when you talk about UFOs and UAPs and ghosts, and you know, I've had conversations over the years of people where you know, they'll say oh, don't exist, and you'd be like, well, how do you know that they don't exist? Like, show me proof that they don't exist, because I have thousands of people that are experiencing things that would say otherwise.
Speaker 1: So so your mother, really she she fought outside the box, but she was also.
Speaker 2: Grinded grounded as a I would say loosely grounded. So she was still grounded, but she was kind of like, like I said, if if you were to, because she she was always watching ancient aliens and there's you know, some of the stuff that's on there. The majority of it is kind of like eye opening where you're just kind of like, that's interesting. But you know, she was we would be talking about the moon, and the moon is kind of what reminds me of her now because that was one of the last episodes that we talked about. You know, so whenever I looked at the moon, I always kind of think of my mom. But when she would talk about how the the moon, she would say, no, the Moon's a satellite. It's yeah, I think it's fake. She's like that was that was put there. And that's a perfect example of what I'm talking about, because you will have people that will say, no, the moon is a natural object in space and it just naturally occurred there. But then there's other people that'll be like, well, explain. I don't know if you ever watched the episode where they talk about how they landed something on the moon, or they crashed one of the something back down to the Moon and when it hit it kind of echoed and it was not normal, or you know, they talk about how it's too weird of a coincidence, how the Sun, the Moon, and the Earth all kind of line up and they can block each other out and it's just kind of weird stuff. But yeah, my mom was like definitely, she had a big influence on me, and it was kind of you know, there arecs, like I said, having worked the streets of Phoenix, and there's a lot of mental on this out in the world, and I'm sure you've probably had your fair share of interacting with people that have legitimate mental health issues. You know. I've gone to calls where a lady had put tinfoil all over her walls. She had it on the ceiling, on the walls, and she was she swore to us up and down that the FBI was out together, and you know this type of stuff, and I felt horrible for her because she had genuine mental health issues. But there are also people out there that are legitimately reporting things and seeing things and experiencing things that are real, and there sometimes their cast is crazy because of the stuff that they're reporting, and it's a shame because you know, there needs to be more research and openness about the stuff that goes on because the world is a very, very very weird place, so there's a lot of things that can't be explained, and you know, to shut people down and just to say Nope, that's not normal, that's that's not it can't happen, it's you know, it's a shame. And my mom she taught me otherwise.
Speaker 1: So yeah, of course, I mean the mental health side of it, I mean, yeah, that's a given. It is pretty much widespread. But yeah, you certainly have to go in with an open mind. Normally people do reprove some very strange things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's a touchy issue because mental health is kind of an odd thing. But it's kind of I did the police work for eleven years and you kind of get to identifying. It's kind of like if I go back to when I was active duty. I remember I was working in one of the front entry control areas for the base and the lady had walked up from the outside community, walked up to the base and she was reporting stuff. I think she was trying to say she was a spy or she was an informant for Russia or something like that. And I believe her because I had never really interacted with anyone, you know, with a legitimate mental health issue. And then we called the local police department and they showed up and they were familiar with her, and they were like, no, she doesn't know she's talking about you know, she's got issues X, Y and Z, And it kind of like I was like, oh, man, well, I really believed her. So fast forward now, after having all that time with you know, with Phoenix and we have we have a lot of people in Phoenix that have mental health issues, you kind of learn to identify different things. But you know, like I said, there's been a couple of times where when I've talked to people and they're reporting things, I kind of look for cues, like trying to look for certain things to kind of to see if there's that mental health issue. But there's been a handful of people that have are legitimate, normal saying they come across as someone that that I don't see anything wrong or just there's no there's nothing going on other than you know, they're just your average person, but they're reporting something and you can tell there's stress from it because the whatever they experienced was troublesome. But then they got to turn around and try to tell people what they experience, and you know, they don't, you know, then they get hit with the you know, you're crazy or you're you know what did you what? That's those aren't real that type of stuff. But yeah, it's just like I said, it's unfortunate, But there are plenty of people out there though, like like you and myself, and there's thousands of millions of other people though they have open minds about different things. But not to go too off topic, but it's kind of like the stuff that you're seeing over that gets reported on Mars right when you because we actually we were talking about this, that's probably about three or four months ago. I was talking with a girl I worked with and they were talking about some of the structures that they were seeing on the planet, and she was saying that's not true. That can't happen because humans are only on Earth and that's it. And I said, well, that's kind of the evidence that they got there. Like some of those struggles, some of the stuff that they're that they're showing is kind of you know, it's not normal, it's not it's not nature. And but she immediately shut it down, is saying, hey, that's not you know, they can't be because humans have never been there, and it's just kind of like, okay, well, but it's just a shame that you have that type of mentality.
Speaker 1: So yeah, you get that, right, Anything where there's more questions and answers should always be into, you know, definitely.
Speaker 3: Do you have an interest in the paranormal, then you'll love the unexnetwork dot com. The AX is your streaming audio and video for everything supernatural, strange, and mysterious like UFOs, Bigfoot, Ghost and so much more from host like Clyde Lewis, Whitley Streeber, Mikah Hanks, and Christina Gomez. Visit the unexnetwork dot com show page for a complete list of all the paranormal programs you'll find on the AX. Be sure to follow us on Twitter for updates at ku nx dB, follow our Facebook group ONEX Network, by the podcast on Spotify, iHeart Audible and Apple podcast It's Time, It's New, It's the x x X.
Speaker 1: I mean, Jason, you know you served with the Police Department for quite a while. You're a veteran of the US Air Force, and thank you for your servicer in both the police force and on the military.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And I kind of give a little shout out to my to my brother John as well as I mean, he served forty years in the in the Royal Army. So and I kind of tease him a little bit sometimes because I kind of tell me he's JB. But but yeah, he did. He did forty years. My dad did twenty years. I did twenty six. I lose count sometimes, but you know, it's just it's kind of like I'd like to think of myself as a credible person, you know, when I when I see stuff, it's kind of like I said, with with those lights that I was seeing, it was it was one of those things where it's like, for the first time in my life, you know, I'd seen something that was kind of like extremely odd and I could not explain it. It was different. But but yeah, I mean even you know, it's kind of like when I talk to people though, is you can still be a credible person and be a gas station attendant. It's just being human and just kind of like it's the way that you report things is what I look for.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I couldn't agree more. When you look at the guests I've had on I mean we've been running for I think nearly seven years now. I mean, if you look at the guests we've had on over the years, they are such a broad spectrum of people in all different occupations. You know, I've had police, officers, fire and a lot of military on here. You know, gas station attendant, waitresses, waiters, you name it, I've had it on it. And that now, they don't always share what their profession is for auther's reasons. If it may conflict with their job in any way, you know, which is fine. If it's not really about their experience, then you know, that's fine. But we get such a broad spectrum of people on here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then that's the thing too, because like I said, there there is an incident. I think it was in Michigan. I can't remember the exact dates. You're probably familiar with it, but there was an incident where the guy was working I think he was a meteorologist and he was seeing stuff on radar over Lake, Michigan. That's an interesting situation as well, because you had anyone and everyone that was reporting the weird unusual objects in the sky and the lights and they were talking about kids, a police officer, a meteorologist, just all over the place. But it's just kind of like I wish hopefully some of the people listening to this, to this podcast can kind of you know, know that, like I said, you don't need to be a thirty year veteran or a former cop or you know whatever to be a credible person, a credible witness. You just need to you know, just kind of just be honest and open and normal about how when you talk to people about what you've seen.
Speaker 1: So oh indeed, yeah, if you're refering to the UFO flapp it and nothing ninety four ninety five, right, Michigan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those are the those are the incidents. Like, there's so many different incidents that have happened over the years. People were reporting stuff were but it's like the interest the incidents that intrigue me the most are the ones that have the key aspects of that. I always try to look for of witnesses that are that are separated and have no contact with each other and they're reporting the same thing, you know, Like I said, go back to the Phoenix lights, you had people that were because if I remember correctly, it was you had witnesses that were coming from like the Vada, you know, and then northern Arizona and then the Phoenix and these people did not talk. It was not the world that we live in now where I can see something in Arizona and within two seconds people in England are no, They're going to know about it. So you know, it was in It was in a world where people had no communication with each other at all, but they were reporting the exact same thing. Those things, those types of incidents absolutely intrigue me the most, and it is just mind blowing and it's a headache when people discredit incidents like that and say no, it's nothing, and you're just kind of like, okay, you can, you can think that, but you have X, Y and Z saying otherwise.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and it goes back to what you were saying earlier about turning up on a crime scene and there's a big group of people or conversed with themselves, and all it takes is for one person to say, oh, yeah, the assailant had a green hat, and then someone will say did he Oh, okay, yeah he had a green hat, and then before you.
Speaker 2: Know it, it's a tainted witness pool. But it's it's like, but if you can get a situation where you have multiple people saying the same thing but they didn't talk to each other, and it's I don't know if it's just I don't want to get too off topic, but that's that's one of the things where when you talk about Bigfoot and Yetti and Arizona, we have the muggy on monster. But that topic is another one where or you have geographically separated cultures that have the same stories that go back thousands of years. People in Asia and North America and you know, different parts all over the globe that never talk to each other, but they're reporting they have similar stories about that thing. And that's what that's what I'm talking about. So it's just kind of like, you know, when people say, oh, Bigfoot's not real, you can be like, okay, well, explain to me, why you have people that are geographically separated and have stories that go back thousands of years describing this thing and they're all pretty similar. It's like, explain that so and people can't.
Speaker 1: So absolutely, It's a bit like how can they're building pyramids all over the world, you know, and all the all these different continents all went for the pyramid structures.
Speaker 2: We were actually just talking about that two days ago. We were at work and we were kind of talking about there's that new that new story that came out saying how they believe there's pillars now onto these pyramids and you know, because originally that they thought that they were like tombs or you know, hey, they're just probably just burial whatever. But yeah, we were talking about that exact thing where the pyramids and all over the world are built in very the same in very similar fashion. So I get it. We're all human, right, The all human brain kind of works in similar ways. So you know, if you separate humans, you're probably gonna, like if you separate tigers, they're probably going to act in the same way in a different area, you know, just like humans would. But you know, pyramids are another thing where you know you're building those pyramids that they built are perfectly built there. I think they're like what off by like a seimeter or something like that, and it's the technology to do that. It's amazing to me how the pyramids are. You know, they had the manual labor to build them back in the day, right, that's not the issue. The issue to me and what intrigues me about the pyramids is the fact that the precision that they were built, Like how do they do that such a large, massive structure to build them as precisely as they did, Because it's like if you tried to do that today, that would be an extremely hard feat even with today's technology.
Speaker 1: Ah, history, there's so many questions left unanswered to our history. I think there was such a bulk of information that's missing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, I mean you could you go all over the globe and find different things, like even in the UK was Stonehenge, you know, I mean those rocks that were they were brought in from like such a far distance. And it's I think when you talk about like what's the afterlife or whatever, like what happens when you pass away? One thing always thought about it's like they better explode, Like if there is a heaven. They better be able to sit down. The first thing I want to do when I get there is I'm gonna say, hey, I want to know. I want to know what happened, Like, explain the pyramids to me, please, Like, explain this to me. Explain that to me. I'm gonna be asking a lot of questions. So and I know my Mom's going to be there and be like, hey, you'll never believe.
Speaker 1: It's a bit like there's a there's a temple over in Cambodia and as a stone convent on one of the wolves and it's a it's a dinosaur. Did you ever hear of this?
Speaker 2: No? That, but Google as soon as I hang up the phone with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this temple was built I think in the twelfth century.
Speaker 2: I believe that's that's weird.
Speaker 7: It's very weird.
Speaker 1: How did they know about dinosaurs?
Speaker 2: Then? Yeah, because someone said once they were talking about George Washington and they said that he never even knew what a dinosaur was and he kind of which kind of is kind of the interesting thing to think about. But when you talk about that's another thing too, When you talk about like the stuff that early humans were drawing, you take what they draw and then you compare it to technology that you see today. You know, a lot of that stuff is And before I say anything else, like, I believe in God and Heaven and Jesus and all that stuff too, But I believe in God and Heaven and all that because for different reasons, reasons other than you know, someone in church told me what to believe. But it's kind of like, and I think that you can believe in aliens and extrastial life and all this other stuff and still believe in God because I think there's a lot of man's interpretation that misinterpretation mixed in. But it's like when you look at like you said earlier, with the cave drawings, there's so many things where what these early humans are depicting you can actually translate that into you can explain that with the technology of today. When they talk about these gods that came from the sky, you know, and they had the way that they depict some of these what they're wearing is basically like a spacesuit, and it's just kind of like, again, it's just kind of like when you try to explain that to someone and they're like, no, no, that's not it, and you're like, well, you weren't there and you don't know what you're talking about, So how can you say definitively that this is what it is when you have no idea?
Speaker 1: So sixteen seventy seven, the first dinosaur bones were dug up by a Robert plot. He did actually believe it belonged to a giant human time, and there was a professor at the Oxford University which which then further identified it. So I mean even still sixteen seventy seven and eleven eighty, you know, that's still a big difference in time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And you know, could you imagine being that person just trying to explain that whole situation too.
Speaker 1: It's just, you know, I could certainly understand why I would think it would be a giant human being bones to a giant human beings, especially if you know, you go back and look at the Bible.
Speaker 7: And what kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Interesting, Yeah, that's crazy. I mean, and like I said, you're gonna I mean, like I said, there's all these stories that are coming out of Egypt now where of different things that they're finding using the I don't want to say the wrong word, but like this sonar type technology. I think they're just going to keep finding more and more stuff that's just gonna kind of open eyes up a little bit. And I'm telling you, once they send people to different place, like once they send humans to Mars, I think you're going to have some very interesting things that that are going to be found.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I'm looking forward to that. And I kind of wish I was younger and you know, would have that opportunity to go there. I wouldn't admittedly, I wouldn't want to go on the first the first four waves of people going, you know, I let people get get a customer acclimatized to the place first. But yeah, that is even though it was a kid, that was something I was always fascinated in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's it's interesting too when like I said, I don't get too much off topic, but it's I find it very interesting that, you know, we have the rover is on Mars, and it's there's all these different images and that have been sent back, and so many people don't even pay attention to it, Like it's just kind of like it's just it's mind blowing to me that in some ways, like the the curiosity of man is just kind of diminished a little bit over the years for for whatever reason.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I think these days, you know, we've been bombarded by so much information on the internet, social media and all that. When something you know potentially is grain breaking, it's like, yeah, next new story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's I just like, like I said, going back to my mom, it's just kind of like I love being able to just talk to her and just kind up I could think of stuff. I always like to look at the stars and just kind of just imagine what's out there. But there's so many people that don't.
Speaker 1: But now going back, going back on to topic with the private investigations, Yeah, do you actively invite more cases of the strange to come your way?
Speaker 2: Yeah. We started doing that a little bit, saying hey, if you've had some unusual incidents, you know, let us know, because like I said, I'm curious about what people are reporting, and what I'll do is and we haven't had any for a little bit, but you know, when they when I do get them again, what the process is going to be is kind of do that initial interview, kind of see if the person is legitimate or not, and kind of get a feel of what's going on and then try to help them get to the right people. And there are investigators out there that that are I don't want to call them frauds, but they're kind of they're not professional. So it's just kind of like I want to try to find ways to connect with people that are valid and they're going to actually help people try to get get answers to some of the stuff that they're experiencing. So but it's kind of like I grew up, like I said, it was an eighties kid, and they grew up in the nineties. X Files was a big thing, and that's kind of what I based a lot of the book off of was that type of scenario. It's private investigator but from our X Files, but from a private investigator standpoint. So, but you know that, and that's kind of way I look at it to where because remember I don't know if you remember the show X Files with with Molder and for the other girl, the right girl, old.
Speaker 7: Name, but the gorgeous Scully.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, that's what exactly. But they'll look at they'll look into things and they kind of look into things with an open mind, right where it's kind of like, you know, I'm not going to go to a ghost investigation looking for ghosts. I'm going to treat it just like law enforcement when I talk to I go to a domestic violence situation, and you know, I'm talking to a man and a woman. I'm not going to immediately think that the the man's the suspect and the woman's the victim. I'm going to go in there with an open mind and say, Okay, what's going on and try to fact find and then figure stuff out. So but yeah, I'm kind of looking forward to it. Twenty twenty five is where I'm kinda like I said, after my mom passed. Before she passed away, she would always kind of tell me like, you know, hey, do do what makes you happy. And I do enjoy the private investigation work with missing persons and stuff like that, because it's, you know, you can try to find enclosure a little bit for people. But the stuff that is interesting to me the most, though, is it is the you know, the unidentified things, the unexplained things, and you know, it's always been something that's been curious to me. And I think I'm gonna delve a little bit more into that this year and next they kind of see where it leads.
Speaker 1: So what I always liked to buy Scully was that one week she'd see something extraordinary, and then the following week she's back to being a skeptic again.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And those are the people, though, that you kind of need in your life because they kind of keep your grounded a little bit, because you don't want to go down that rabbit hole of thinking that everything that you see is you know, paranormal, or that's the UFO and that's got to be an alien. It's like, and I've told my son, because we were talking about this, you know, a little while back, where I told him, he said something about, oh, that's an alien. I go, hey, buddy, no, I go, you got to think of it with an open mind. I go, just because you see something in the sky that you can't identify doesn't necessarily mean that it's an alien or you know, not of this world. So it's kind of like, I don't know if you remember the incident. It was off the coast of I think it was San Diego with the navy with the the U A P. That's the famous one. Were another there's one that was off the coast of the Atlantic, and then there's one off the coast in the Pacific where it was you know, they were messing around with the Navy, the Navy fleet that was in those those areas. But those are those are interesting cases too, and those go back to what I was talking about earlier, were the validity of the people that you're talking to, because you know, you had squadron commander that your fighter pilots that were seeing this stuff and reporting it.
Speaker 1: So of course, yeah, we had Gary Vohees on the air a few years ago from the you know, from the such case.
Speaker 7: Interesting.
Speaker 1: Okay, during your investigations, have you have you ever done any missing persons that are very very difficult to to explain what happened?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean we've had somewhere, I mean, nothing that was you know, extraordinary, but we've had some that you know, just kind of like just kind of dead ended and they just kind of like gone, and even from police work where And that's the interesting thing too. Where the first book I talked about we did, it's focused on the occurrence of time slips. I don't know if you've ever heard of those, but they're one of the most interesting things that I've ever read about, and they they're extremely intriguing to me. But I always kind of think, you know, when you're you're doing a missing person case and you just can't find them, like it just seems like they just just disappeared, and it kind of makes you wonder sometimes like what happened to them? Because even in today's world, you have missing person cases where you know, everyone's got some sort of imprint on social media or something, especially in twenty twenty five. This stuff's been around for twenty years, twenty almost thirty years now, and so when you have a missing person's case where you're looking for them and the trail just runs cold and you can't find them and there's just nothing explains why they went away, kind of makes you wonder the small part of your brain. You know, I can hear my mom talking to me, like, hey, maybe you know something out of the ordinary happened to them. It kind of always makes you wonder. But none stick out off the top of my head. But I've I definitely had some over the years that have, like I said, just rank cold. And if you ever, if your listeners want to take the time, you can actually go to like different police departments websites and you know, google the county that you live in and say, you know, google the Maricopa County and missing persons and then it'll show all the different people that are missing, and it's kind of it's sad in a way. But like I said, there's there's times where there's just people that just seem to have vanished, and it's kind of it's extremely odd.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is some some in which happens all over the world. A lot of people go missing every year, and it is, like you said, literally into thin air. I know in Japan. I'm not saying this is predominantly the case in the West of this. I like this, but I know in Japan there are certain agencies and companies which which specialize in making people vanish. To say, for some forever reason people want to get lost, they will help you vanish. Basically, I'm talking about probably more in an identity type way as that kind of thing. But yeah, but that is a thing. It's a very different culture over there, obviously when it comes to life and success. But yeah, people do that, which is sad.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Obviously obviously anytime someone goes missing for whatever reason is you know, is tragic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I said, it's just it's interesting because what you're talking about where people that those are usually people with resources and they have the you know aka money, and they can kind of do those things. But there's just plenty of of cases where John Doe just ends up becoming you know, just just gone, and the family will be like, yeah, there was no I don't know what happened, and it just kind of they're just there's no reason whatsoever. They just kind of like they just disappear. So, yeah, we.
Speaker 1: Had we had an internet in my time. That was back in the night. As this lady went went missing in the finite, she completely vanished. Even psychics were used and they got to one point where they found her car and glasses, you know, which she was never without, but that was it. There was no trace of it ever found. It was very sad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then like I said, it's it's missing. That's part of the reason why I do the missing person cases because you know, from cop work, it's just kind of you can usually you can find people, it's especially in today's world, but it's just those ones that they just kind of they just seem to disappear. That just intrigued me. Like I said, it kind of you have to have an open mind about stuff.
Speaker 1: So that's why it's sort about an open mind. Okay, now you looks Jason, the nine one eight files are these actual cases, and what you've done is you've built a story around them.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So so I have I have four books that are out. So the main books they are the three of them. There's one that's one it's in Gilbert, Arizona, focuses on time slips and it kind of the main books are their fiction. I just kind of created them and just use my creative mind and just kind of took topics that I find interesting. But what I did with the book that's called The Shortcases just to kind of entertain readers a little bit. Some of the stories are absolutely just pure fiction where I created them sitting down thinking of weird stuff and just kind of came up with the ideas of my own. Some of the stories are based in reality, so what happened. There will be situations where there it's certain things happened, and then I created the story off of that incident. And then so it's kind of like quasi. It's a mixture of fiction and nonfiction. And then there's a couple in there that are actually legitimate stories that actually happened that we kind of kind of ran across and kind of investigated. So but yeah, it was. It was fun writing the books because, like I said, it kind of it allows me to to kind of take some of the all the stuff that's in my brain and kind of put into writing. So it's just it was fun. And the thing that sucked is that I was so close to finishing the first book and I had made my mom my character in the first book, and then she passed away, like right before we finished it. But she used to be a cab driver in England back in the day, and I always say she was. She wasn't a very good one, but she was, you know, she was a cab driver. I'll give her that. But that's part of the story. Is where in the first book, where the the guy that did the time clip, he ended up coming back to today's time and he almost gets hit by a cab driver, which is you know, my mom, that's that's your character.
Speaker 7: So oh good stuff.
Speaker 1: What I'll do is, Jason, you know, I'll put the links to your books down below in a description and I do think it would be they would be wonderful additions to anyone's bookshelf. Things like that fascinate me when it comes to missing persons, the paranormal, you know, or all wrapped up like this.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to find the time to write the next one, and I want to base it in England because, like I said earlier, the main character is it's based kind of loosely off of me and then one of my old one of my my friends that that's retired Phoenix police officer. And then but the physicality is the description of the of the the investigator is based off of my great grandpa. So but yeah, he was a shorter guy and he just World War One veteran and just as British as you could be. Everything my mom tells me, and you know, kind of my my brother because he's a little bit older than me. He got to grow up with him a little bit. But he's just you know, if you think of an English gentleman, that's that's kind of what I think of, you know, papcuoram so.
Speaker 1: So we may have elements of short homes in.
Speaker 2: There, yeah, a little bit. Yeah, So when I do the the next one, that's kind of what I was thinking of because kind of throwing a little little shirtlock stuff in there, and you know, kind of mixed in some British history with the investigative aspects of it.
Speaker 7: So good stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, And would you also like us to ads your investigation business as well, where people can maybe contact you and it might not necessarily be to do with the paranormal, it might just be you know, running the mail type cases.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's Zona Investigations and that's z o NA and then Investigations dot Com because yeah, because like I said, it's the odd unusual stuff. I always do those for free because the payment is just in it's it's in the work itself, you know. So but like I said, the world is a extremely weird place and I just kind of like it's just very intriguing, you know, I love it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I was going to ask, what would you put on the invoice for say, a haunting.
Speaker 2: That's a good question. But I just I still remember that the light switch one where I was just kind of like I'm out and the lady was just kind of like looked at me, and I said, no, I'm not, I'm out. There's no fee, We're good. Whatever you're saying happening it's valid, so.
Speaker 1: Good stuff, Jason. Fascinating that, Jason. I really appreciate you coming on sharing all that for our listeners.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was an absolute pleasure.
Speaker 1: It was wonderful meeting you. Okay, keep in contact Jason, all right, and we will speak soon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get you remember now, so we'll stay in touch definitely.
Speaker 1: And a new friend is made. Enjoyed a Russian night, Jason, and take care to you. Well that's all for this week. Keep updated and connected with a show on x, Facebook and Instagram. And if you have an encounter that you'd like to share on the podcast, you can email me at UFO Chronicles at gmail dot com, or you can reach out to me via the contact page on my website ufo Chronicles podcast dot com. A big fan, you adjacent for sharing tonight, and as always, thank you all for listening. I will be back next week. Till then, stay safe and keep watching the skies.
Speaker 7: Goodbye, built
Speaker 6: Then