Speaker 1: Text us anytime you want seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred. Again that seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred. My name is Sandy. This is my beautiful, talented, yet somewhat acerbic wife. Her name's Tricia.
Speaker 2: Hi, everybody, Tricia.
Speaker 1: There's a celebrity celebrating the birthday today. You do not know her real name, but you do know the character she played. Her real name is Susie Quatro. Okay, she's seventy five years old today. Go back to your television watching when you were a small child, and she played the role of Leather Tuscadero.
Speaker 3: Oh, leathered Pinky Tuscadero's younger sister.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, ah.
Speaker 1: And if you want to feel old, Susie, maybe young Susie Quattros seventy five Susie Quatro.
Speaker 2: I think her name is amazing.
Speaker 4: I wonder if it's a real name. Iboubt it.
Speaker 2: I doubt it's a quatro.
Speaker 1: She also had a smash in nineteen seventy eight, a song called Stumbling in so Leather Tescadero.
Speaker 3: Yep, And here she is performing as Susie Quatro years later, still wearing the brown leather outfit that she wore on Happy Days, and I remember her guitar was so much bigger than she.
Speaker 4: Jone Jet stole her. Look.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess she did.
Speaker 3: I guess Joan Jet is the impostor for a leather tescadear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Leather Tescadaro did it before jone Jet, and I'm a big jone Jet fan.
Speaker 4: Don't get me wrong, I love her. I'm just saying leather did it first.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 3: Whenever Pinky Tescadaro was on, I was like, oh, I was like, she seems dangerous.
Speaker 1: She was like the female version of the Fawns. Yeah right, yeah, and then her little sister came around.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile.
Speaker 3: Speaking of the fawns, Henry Winkler on a social media page posted a picture of him and his T shirt and his little grandpa jeans brushing his granddaughter's hair, and he was like being a grandpa is the best.
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh, I love you.
Speaker 1: I will never post a photo like that. Why, because I about killed our daughter her hair when.
Speaker 2: She was jerking it out. Do you lineed her hair?
Speaker 4: Yeah? There was something else to oh.
Speaker 1: When I put her her bicycle helmet on her, she used to always say, don't pinch.
Speaker 3: Me because one time she got pinched at her chin, which, hey, I get it. That happens one time, and you want to make sure it doesn't happen again.
Speaker 1: Don't pinch me. Don't pinch me. I won't, buddy, I got you. It's all good. What's first thing made you laugh today?
Speaker 3: Get out there and be the black licorice and somebody's assorted jelly beans today. Be the best part or be the worst part.
Speaker 2: Just don't half asset.
Speaker 4: Oh, I see what you're saying. You either love or hate a black.
Speaker 3: One, right, Be the best part of someone's day, or be the black licorice of their day.
Speaker 2: Don't just be in the middle. Wishy watchy very few candies.
Speaker 4: I will not eat that's.
Speaker 3: Wylingrish is an absolute no, and it is an immediate note.
Speaker 4: And then there's a and there a liquor that tastes like it too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And there's a spice, which is where the black liquorice gets at a nisse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's where Anna said, is one of the drinks that tastes just like it absent absent.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: My mama picked the black jilli beans out just to eat them.
Speaker 4: Yeah. No, thank you can have them.
Speaker 2: All, take take them all?
Speaker 4: Coming up on the show today. It's kind of fun.
Speaker 1: There's this lit we put together, this group of things that happened ten years ago, and some of them you look at him, go, there's only been ten years, and the other ones you're like, it's like, wow, it's been ten years. Yeah, you know what I mean. So we shared that with you also. Trisia's got the story we Love coming up.
Speaker 4: What do you have?
Speaker 3: All right, we're going to talk about one of my most favorite comedians, Ricky Gervas. He got a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and of course what he said is hilarious and inappropriate.
Speaker 4: Stay with us.
Speaker 1: It's coming up on Austin's Adest Station one O three point one. Ricky Gervais gets a star of the Hollywood Walk of Fame and Trisia's got the details in the story We Love. In just a moment, uh, you know, a summertime, a lot of people like to switch over to white wine. Have a little glass of white wine in the evening. Will The new trend right now is to drop a jalapeno in it.
Speaker 3: Keep your jalapenos frozen and drop a couple frozen sliced Halloween.
Speaker 2: And your white wine.
Speaker 4: I think it sounds good.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm not a wine drinker, and I think it sounds good. You'd give it a try, I'd give it a truck yet I don't think so.
Speaker 1: No, just tell your waitress I'll have a glass of the house white. Go ahead and drop a jalapeno in there.
Speaker 3: I know, but how are you going to find a place that freezes their halopinion?
Speaker 4: Very true stories we love. I'm sorry, I.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, All right, here we go.
Speaker 3: Ricky at your Vase one of my all time most favorite comedians. He got his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Friday, and this is how he explained how he deals with his haters. He doesn't. He does not deal with them at all. He says, you know, you have to polarize. You need to know that if you're doing anything of any worth, as many people hate you as love you. And then he said, but the ones that hate you should not affect you at all. It's the ones that love you that buy your house. So I'd like to thank those people. He doesn't care about his haters, and he's like, we've had a few weird years of cancel culture, people telling you what you can and can't laugh at or talk about. But we pushed back and we won, so and he signed off with until next time.
Speaker 1: So he's basically talking about the people that go to see his shows and stuff.
Speaker 4: They bought his house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people who like him are.
Speaker 3: The ones you're thinking, because that's the reason he's got all his money.
Speaker 2: They hate bet.
Speaker 3: I think he's saying it's important to know if you're really making a mark and people are noticing you, if you have as many haters as you do people who love you.
Speaker 1: I think you mentioned the cancel culture and stuff. I think we're coming out of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh I do too.
Speaker 1: And I think said the tipping point for it all was the Tom Brady roast.
Speaker 2: I don't know about that.
Speaker 1: I mean, maybe well explained because that was the most watched thing on Netflix last year to indicate it was wildly inappropriate, right.
Speaker 3: To indicate that we're I bet you roasts did take a back seat during the cancel culture time.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, absolutely, yeah, Oh god, that was nonsense.
Speaker 4: The cancel stuff.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh, it really ridiculous. I mean there's people that are still suffering from that. Yeah, you know, they didn't come back. They literally got canceled. You know, I wasn't a big fan, but Ellen, I mean, yeah, Ellen got canceled.
Speaker 3: And she she's not really trying to come back, though, She's like, yeah, I'm done. I got didn't they million dollars? I think they moved to Ireland or England or England? Yeah right, o'donald moved to Ireland and won't shut her mouth. We're like, I don't care where you live because you have not left my feed, unfortunately, because I read one Rosie o'donald article.
Speaker 2: Nobody cares if y'all leave.
Speaker 4: There, do you go?
Speaker 1: And am I wrong in saying Rosie's one of those people that no one cares what you think she's really.
Speaker 3: At one point people did at one point anymore, she was big, but she's not anymore. And I don't think I don't think anybody's told her that we don't care what she thinks. I think she thinks that she's still very, very relevant. And I'm not saying she can't post what she wants on social media. I just don't think she got the memo that no one cares her.
Speaker 4: That's the story.
Speaker 1: We love Jami and Sandy Hour starts at seven o'clock this morning. If you missed it yesterday's show, here's a little bit of what.
Speaker 4: You miss Look.
Speaker 1: I don't know if any of you guys have plans to go to Hippie Hollow, but if you do, you need a little heads up, all right about something that's been reported recently at Hippie Hollow. I we'll tell you about it in just a second. It's the Jav and Sandy Show. Make sure you join us tomorrow from seven until eight o'clock. I grabbed the podcast version of the show. Just search Jav and Sandy on the iHeartRadio app. So, Hippie Hollow has been around forever. For those of you that don't know it's it's a clothing optional spot on Lake Travis.
Speaker 4: It's out by the oasis.
Speaker 2: Just below the oasis.
Speaker 7: It is not a beach, no no, which you might think before you get there. It's a cliff side hangout.
Speaker 4: Yeah. You're on the rocks right.
Speaker 1: And you can be naked if you want. You don't have to be naked if you feel weird if you're not naked at Hippie Hollow. But apparently there's been reports of people filming.
Speaker 2: Not cool.
Speaker 4: It's so uncool.
Speaker 3: Not cool, well from the boat or on land, I mean in the park.
Speaker 4: In the park, yeah, okay, not cool.
Speaker 1: And they're taking the position is that it's not illegal to video on public property place. Yeah, that's just a jerk move, right.
Speaker 7: Because you know, technically you can still be topless at Barton Springs, even.
Speaker 4: You can be topless anywhere in Austin, that's true. It's just like, don't don't Yeah, her perve and ruin it.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, it's it's creepy. You're not if they're like, but I can film anywhere? Well, were you filming when you were getting guys at the seven eleven? No, you're just filming at the naked place exactly.
Speaker 2: Not cool.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know why someone would do that, and where those videos end up, who knows, you know.
Speaker 4: But that's just a jerk move. It just kills the vibe of what it is.
Speaker 1: It's kind of a you know what I mean, there's understood rules at certain places.
Speaker 7: Funny would it be if all those naked people just pummeled him and beat the.
Speaker 3: Cur I remember the being introduced to hippie Hollow as a middle schooler, from the from the boat. My friend Lisa, her parents had a boat and we went out on it and as we came around right down there into the oasis, her mom and dad were like, all right, because my friend Lisa, she was like, le Tricia, the naked people are there, and I was like what and her mom and dad were like, it's hippie hollow. People can be naked there. We do not look, but we're going to drive you by one time. Everybody's going to see it one time, right, ye. But it was very The rules are very clear. You do not stare, You do not stop and park your boat in front of hippie Hollow, and that includes you do not take in.
Speaker 7: Front of hippie hollow if you you're naked too. Sure, yeah, I think there's some of that, right, Sure.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, we got to be cool about it.
Speaker 1: But the rule, the unwritten rule on like Travis, is you get one drive by.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: You get one drive and then after that you're creepy. They're just they're just weird.
Speaker 3: How do we find out about this? Does somebody publish him? Does somebody bust the guys videoing?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I just read about it online there was someone and someone can front. Apparently the park rangers do a do their job and confront the person.
Speaker 4: Let's do it? Have you either one? Have you ever been naked and hippie hollow?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: I have anither been. I've only been.
Speaker 7: I've been on a boat out there by it. And like you said, you don't hang out. You just usually are showing someone visiting, like, yeah, we have a new That was always like one of the cool hippie things about Austin.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I have never understood the rules, like do you walk in naked or do you get naked? You find a spot and put your towel down and then you take your clothes off. How far away should you be from other people? It's like it's like the dance floor. Do you dance your way out or do you go to the center of the dance floor?
Speaker 2: And then both are weird? Never ever thought about that.
Speaker 4: Those are very strange. Yeah, it's an awkward moment, isn't there? How do I do that country dancing? You just walk out there right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you walk on the side. I mean you're not going to get out there with people already doing it. You and your partner walk out there kind of on the edge and the side. Do you just kind of merge in? But if your freestyling freestyle?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: But if you're.
Speaker 1: Freestyling, that's a great question. I'd never thought of that, JB.
Speaker 2: Like, do you walk through the other freestyle?
Speaker 7: The country country dancing is different because it's on the perimeter. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you do you merge in like there's a roundabout. Yeah, I'm talking in general nightclub at the club.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's very funny. Sticker out more.
Speaker 7: Wait, how popular is it's still? Is it as popular as ever? I don't know. Yah, you have more friends out in the Lake Travis area. It's probably just as popular as ever.
Speaker 1: Right, more so with just the moove and population, there's just more, more and more people.
Speaker 2: I just found the rules.
Speaker 3: You must have clothes on until you are inside the park.
Speaker 4: She can't just jump out of your truck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, naked, can't be dirty.
Speaker 7: You can't just robe on six twenty. No, you can't drive their naked on a motorcycle.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: Can't take photographs or video unless you ask beforehand.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The animals not allowed. Alcohol not allowed. What about animals if you shaved them? The animals are naked?
Speaker 1: Too, and then Tava's in the fanny pack always look funny.
Speaker 2: They encourage you to wear some type of foot protection.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it just looks weird.
Speaker 3: I know you've just killed the whole naked vibe by putting your teva is on in your fanny pack.
Speaker 1: Right stand there talking to another time, right hand on your hip, just talking to another dude.
Speaker 4: It's strange. That was from yesterday morning.
Speaker 1: The JB and Sandy Hour starts at seven o'clock on Austin's eighty State three point one. Well, it's June in Central Texas. Time to be outside, and you know it's going to be hot. Those triple digit temperatures they're coming. The kids are out of school, their summer camp, family vacations. You got way too much going on to worry about your roof. That's why I am really thankful for my friends Scott and Stacy Feller and their team at Kingaroof Kangaroof. They're just great, That's all I can tell you about it. They take care of all my roof he needs. They've done it for years. For me, it's just peace of mind knowing that Kangaroof is going to take care of things for you you know your roof matters. It's your largest investment in this time of year. A quality roof helps your Central Texas energy bills stay in check. No matter what your situation, you can trust Scott and Stacey to shoot straight with you and they'll stand behind the work and only recommend what is best for you. Kangaroof does it all, repairs, new roof, installs, inspections.
Speaker 4: You name it, they'll do it for you.
Speaker 1: Give them a call and see why there's only one kangoo they really hoped to it. Find them online at call kingar roof dot com.
Speaker 2: The Sandy Show starring Tricia.
Speaker 3: I can't walk the walk or talk the talk, but if you need someone to snack the snack, I'm your girl.
Speaker 2: Austin's eighties station.
Speaker 1: Care coming up in just a second, Tricia. You know there's some new news about the sequel to Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Oh yeah, they've announced some casting. Scott Cohn and Elizabeth Elizabeth de Becky are set to join Brad Pitt to the follow up of the twenty nineteen hit.
Speaker 3: I'm just excited that Brad Pitt's going to be in it. Meanwhile, I like Scott Khan.
Speaker 4: I do too.
Speaker 2: He's good. I watched one of the TV.
Speaker 3: Show seasons he was in Hawaii five and now he's on a TV show called Alert, and.
Speaker 2: I just he's just as cool as his dad, James conn he is. Yeah, I'm looking forward to that one coming.
Speaker 5: Out, Trisia Carrot.
Speaker 4: Don't care to know what?
Speaker 1: Some species of male spiders due to female spiders before mating.
Speaker 2: Why am I interested in this?
Speaker 3: I hate a spider, but this sounds it sounds weird, so I feel like I want to know.
Speaker 2: I care.
Speaker 4: This is funny.
Speaker 1: Some species of male spiders tie the females up before mating. Yeah, so the females don't eat them afterwards.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right. A lot of female spiders.
Speaker 3: There are a lot of actual random insects that after mating will eat the male.
Speaker 4: The prey man is does too.
Speaker 3: It grips the male's head off. Yeah, so the spiders have gotten smart.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna tie you up.
Speaker 2: Get me girl, Tristy.
Speaker 1: You know the big movie right now is Final Racketing Mission Impossible?
Speaker 4: Tom?
Speaker 1: Yes, I should like to know a fun fact about the TV series from the nineteen sixties. Sure, they invented the term self destruct. Oh that famous mission instructions that would quote self destruct in five seconds.
Speaker 4: Yes, kind of interesting.
Speaker 1: And finally, UH care or don't care to know what the longest winning streak in any professional sport in history is.
Speaker 3: Sandy, It better be a big number because I kind of don't care. But you smiled when you were talking about this.
Speaker 4: It's a big number.
Speaker 2: Is it okay? Then I can.
Speaker 4: It's pretty amazing.
Speaker 1: It's held by a squash player from Pakistan whose name is Yan Hunger Khan. He won five hundred and fifty five consecutive matches from nineteen eighty one to nineteen eighty six. Wow, he's the goat.
Speaker 2: Yea he is.
Speaker 1: I don't care what professional sport you're in. You win five hundred and fifty five times in a row. Yeah, you're really good.
Speaker 4: You're you're the best at it. Wow.
Speaker 1: Pakistani squashers, squash squash?
Speaker 2: You thought about it?
Speaker 4: Wash anyway? That is? UH care, don't care? What's your name?
Speaker 2: My name is Trisha.
Speaker 4: My name is Sandy Moore. Coming up,