Speaker 1: He'll be blacker, go'll be bad. It's the Internet. You're busy. Let's do this for October eleventh, twenty twenty four. For the next hour or so, let me help you sort through the world of gaming on Game Mess Mornings Live with me Jeff Grubb Today, what is going on with splinter Cell and Nintendo is asking players to keep a secret. But first, please join me in welcoming today's co host the Game Mess Mornings. It's Dave Kline. Everybody, Dave, how are you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm doing great. Been playing a lot of games, too many games. Yeah, that's never bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's what's like? What's been keeping you most busy recently?
Speaker 2: Right now, I'm about doing with Echoes of Wisdom. Before that, I finished Astrobots. I was playing in Plucky Squire, and I actually, I think I have the same sentiment as you about Plucky Squire though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I kill a lot of people kind of settle in there where it's like, yeah, interesting, but maybe not super fun to play.
Speaker 2: I think, you know, maybe like a seven year old perfect game.
Speaker 1: Ye, I imagine it. Actually it's a good kids game.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, perfect great kids game, but not too engaging.
Speaker 1: For us. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: And yeah, and I'm super excited because Metaphor comes out today and hopefully it gets delivered to me today. So and I played first Berserker Kazan. I played the beta.
Speaker 1: Oh you did? Okay? How was that?
Speaker 2: It was Sakiro. It's just it's sakuo. But that's what I want, you know, less refined saki thro. So it's it's good. It's like it's honestly, it's more punishing. It was pretty brutal difficulty wise, especially like the bosses. Every boss is just brutal. But hey, if you like that type of reward structure, it is.
Speaker 1: There for you. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed it. I had fun, I very much.
Speaker 1: Uh. I think I could be in the mood for that, especially after a beta where they probably tune things down maybe a little bit and kind of get it in the right place for a wide release. Do you think there's a chance of that.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I mean tuned down, I don't know. I mean I feel like some things were pretty sloppy in terms of like I feel like they didn't feel refined, and it was a very early beta, so I hope that they fix those, like just enemy attacks and then feel quite snappy enough, especially when you're trying to read and react to things. But the bosses were super brutally difficult. I played. I'm a soul's guide, That's what I'm known for, So I mean, like, I don't know, I doubt they tuned it down for the beta.
Speaker 1: So maybe after the response from the beta, I'm hoping they might tune it down for the final release. Do you think there's a chance of that.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I guess we'll see, because I mean, it's I guess it's like Shadow of the ur Tree where that came out and everyone was like, the final boss is way too insanely difficult, and they tuned it down. So yeah, right, I guess we'll see.
Speaker 1: We will see either way. You know, I might be in the mood for something brutally difficult right now. That sounds good. Uh yeah, I'm I'm still working through eCos Wisdom myself, trying to uh get through that. It's hardly a lot of stuff taking up my time. But I'm really enjoying that game quite a bit. Where'd you fall down or would you fall on it? In the end? In terms of what you thought of.
Speaker 2: It, I like it. It's very fun. It's actually I think my biggest pro about it is it hooked me right away a lot of games taking me a couple of hours to get into. But I think I fall in the line of feeling like there's too many things, there's too many echoes, just because yeah, I always know exactly what I need to do when I get to a puzzle, and it's just like takes me like a minute to get to the thing that I need to use, and as every single thing in the game constantly, So I like it. It's just not like one of my top z eli games. So it's probably like one of my top ten games of the year still, but it's not like up there it's like top five. I don't I don't know. It's a good game. It's fun.
Speaker 1: You see that. What do you think I could see that? Yeah, I think that's probably where I'm going to end up as well, where it's uh. I think that the sort of the brunt of the game is really good. That just like the a thesis statement of hey, here is a bunch of stuff, and here's a world where you can go around and do whatever you want with that stuff, including you know, jumping over these trees and taking these shortcuts and the open world, and you could do your exploration at your own pace if you really want to, and then we'll guide you back into the story when you're ready for it. I think all that stuff works really well, and then the specifics of the dungeons and the puzzles, I think it leaves a little bit to be desired, just a little bit more refinement. I think we would have been would have gone a long way there. It's just a really good game that is kind of waiting for that extra polish to be a great game. I think so. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think part of it for me too is you kind of just find your five things that work for you and there's no reason to stray from it. It's like I found Crawley Spider Boy who goes up things, and I attached to it, and it's like, Okay, I can go up everywhere I need to. There's no reason to use anything else.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: There's never anything better than the bed for going long distances that I've gotten. So it's like, I mean, I guess you can shoot something and attached to it, but you know, it's just like you find your things and it's like, Okay, well, why why change what I'm doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then the way I play games is very much like I should be willing to be creative here. So but that that gets the situations where it's like, oh, I'm trying to get too cute and this idea is not going to actually work. I'll just revert to the thing that I know will work. But yeah, I don't know. Once I started doing the kind of that first stream we did here, I started hitting start to bring up the menu so I could see everything. That made it a little bit more convenient to to like get to get through and try some different things. But yeah, people are they're saying there's too many echoes. I don't think it's hard to argue with that. Yeah, it's it's a little bit difficult to sort of keep all that in mind. And then the answer to that for everybody is, well, I'm just going to use the things I know work. And I think that's completely fair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's a matter of what do you like. And I was talking a bit to enough fellow gamespawn play Max Bloomenthal, who's like Zeldig, especially Breath of the Wild guy. He loves playing with those types of mechanics and physics sessions and stuff like that. And I think for him that's great having all those echoes. For me, I prefer less mechanics but more thoughtfulness around those mechanics. Yeah, because, like I said, get to a puzzle in the game, it's like there's ten different ways to do it. That's cool, But then it's just an easy puzzle to solve because I'm like, Okay, move on, got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. And I think half of that is the puzzles themselves. Though they could be more interesting, they could be more challenging, they could be I don't know, a lot of them just felt like very vanilla like, very obvious puzzles that barely seem to be engaging with the mechanics themselves. All right, let's explain what we do here most weekdays, I Jeff Grubb, will help piece your gaming life back together. That includes breaking news and maybe even some of our own original reporting. For all these topics, I'll get the input of a bona fide expert who will make me look smart. If you were watching live on twitch welcome, you can always listen to the show later on podcast feeds by searching for game Mess mornings or find the RSS on giant bomb dot com. You can also catch the show later with chapters and timestamps on YouTube. Hello YouTube. All right, we have a lot to get into, so let's start the Morning Mess with the most important news story of the day. Happy Birthday, Janet show h Happy birthday. It's the birthday boy. Yay, thirty three years old, he says, I think it's thirty three years young. Personally, if I were to say.
Speaker 2: When I saw that, I was like, is he really only thirty three?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It makes me feel sold. Thanks him and Bailey.
Speaker 1: I'm like, you kids, these shoulder kids. Yeah. Yeah, but yeah, Happy birthday, jan We'll find ways to sing you Happy birthday multiple times on shows today, I'm sure.
Speaker 2: But you have the power interesting to sing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go. Yeah. I tried, like I was trying to like bring the Mighty morphrom Power Interest theme song into my head and immediately teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles popped in there. So that's where my brain is at all Right, Let's keep going here. Splinter Cell remake is still and developed and will be released in twenty twenty six. According to a rumor. This is from Jonas Mackey at Game Reactor. It has been three years since you've Besoft announced splinter Cell remake, but the total silence surrounding the project and Ubisofts many recent difficulties have led some to worry that it may have been canceled, But according to Insider Gaming, this is nothing to be concerned about. They write that their sources say that the work on the work on the contrary is rolling along nicely and that the project goes under the working name NORRIF and is currently still a going concern. It is apparently being developed with Massive Entertainment's game engine Snowdrop, which has been used in more and more of their games recently, where previous games in the series were created with Unreal Engine that was like Unreal Engine two though that was like very early stuff. Insider Gaming also writes that they have received information that splinter Cell Remake will be released in twenty twenty six, and given that the development was freshly started in twenty twenty one, this would mean a development time of five years, which is not that exceptional anymore. Yeah, all that sounds about right, you know. I guess it's good to get a sign of life that splinter Cell's still coming along. We were talking before the show, Dave that this is a game that is right for a remake. It seems like it will be a good use of their time, you know where there is some conversation right now, especially when people are looking over at PlayStation be like, man, you're doing a lot of remakes, but I think there's some remix that people still very much want, and I think this one falls into that category of please actually make this happen, even if it's doesn't end up being a fresh start for splinter Cell, where now we get a bunch of new splinter Cell games because this one did so well, people just want any splinter Cell at all. And I personally think if we can get some real real time ray trace lighting into the original splinter Cell game, that would be a match made in heaven. So I think there's a lot of fun possibilities here. What do you think?
Speaker 2: I disagree. I think Horizon is the remake people really.
Speaker 1: Want, you know what, Yeah, I didn't want to say it. I'm glad you did.
Speaker 2: Thank you, so, Yach, you know that's what we're really all then clamoring for, and I'm glad we're getting it. Look, yeah, I think as you said we were talking about before the show, and splinterself sounds like the perfect game for an update. I mean, last time I played the game is probably twenty plus years ago, but I think that's a sign that it especially for a stealth game. There's a lot you can do with a stealth style game to up the ante, make it more intense, especially as you said with ray trace lighting. I mean, plus is like cool three green mask, right, Like that's perfect, perfect for it. So I think'd be great, And I don't think. I don't know why people were so worried after three years of not hearing anything. In this day and age, It's like look at Alan Fantasy fifteen took ten years to make, yep, perfect Dark disappeared off the face of the earth for a while and now it's back. I mean, games take a long time to make, so it's yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's when I when I think about, like, okay, would you'd be soft, and like what like would make sense for them? I get why it's like, Okay, at the first blush, you think splinter Cell doesn't fit with a lot of stuff they've been doing. They want to have an assassin's creed game that they can release every year or maybe even more frequently than that. They have so many Assassin's Creed, Franchi franchise products and the works, and then you know, can splinter sell match that. Maybe not, But I mean when we start looking around at like what games are popping off right now. Obviously still there are some multiplayer games that do well, but that also seems like a riskier proposition than ever. And then it's very difficult to make a new franchise that can match Assassin's Creeds or Assassin Creeds ability to sell. So people do want single player games, and I think if they put enough effort into splinter Cell, it could be one of these ones that really does very well for them. So I think them sticking with it and giving it the like full five year development cycle could end up being very promising. What do you think?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? I mean, it's also I feel like Ubisoft hasn't been doing as well lately, right.
Speaker 1: That's right, the recent the very rocky road for in these past few months.
Speaker 2: Yes, so I mean this is probably just anything that's different for them is a good idea. And this is as you said, it's super safe. Bet. It's a game that has a long running franchise. People like it remakes are doing well right now. I mean, yeah, it's the perfect idea. I don't know why they would drop it.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: So it's a good timing, great idea. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So the sign is okay or the sign of life is here. It's still in development. They have a you know, code name from it for it, and they even have a release date in mind of twenty twenty six. Does that twenty twenty six release year window give you more confidence or does that feel like, well, they're yeah, it's so easy to say at the end of twenty twenty four that this game might come out in twenty twenty six, But that also might make it feel like wiggily like, oh yeah, maybe it could come out. But if we have to it again or cancel it, we can still have plenty of time to do that. What do you think, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, I don't. I don't know why a remake would take five years in the first place. Honestly, it is because a little like you're doing totally new design. So to me, twenty twenty six seems pretty realistic. But at the same time, like you said, I mean, they could always just push it again. But ye honestly, why not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's nice that it has a date. I don't necessarily like take this as gospel though, and like there could be a million things that go wrong and we could find we could hear, you know, late next year it's like, oh no, no, all that splinter self stuff, Like sure they were thinking it at the time, but stuff's gone wrong. The people that were working on it got conscripted to work on some Assassin's Creed project, and so that got put off to the side. It's on a shelf. It's not completely canceled, like I could just hear that in my head already. But again, it.
Speaker 2: Also be like a residieval for style, a remake where it's like just totally round up it does.
Speaker 1: I feel like if it's taken five years, it must be that, right, Like what other explanation is I mean, we also do here, like these companies frequently talk about, hey, why are you remaking Last of Us Part one? Instead of uncharged it wouldn't make more sense to do on Charter, Like, well, on Charted, it's just a little bit older, and being a little bit older means it's a lot more work to actually remake that Meanwhile, last of us part one, we just got to do this. We replace these models, make a few other changes, and it cost us a lot less money to remake that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, to be fair, like you hear stories all the time about companies losing the source code, which is crazy to me, But like that's the case with Silent Hill, right, Like that happened with Silent Hill, if I remember correctly, which is why that original remake was so bad that people hated so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so.
Speaker 2: I mean maybe that's the case with Splin or Cell who knows.
Speaker 1: Yep, And you know, if they are going all out with this one, it is right in line with what everyone's always says. All these developers always say, it's like a game from that generation, from that era. If we are going to remake it, it really will re require a lot of effort, a lot of resources, and so five years. I hope that when we do finally see it, it really lives up to it because I'm in the mood for Splinter so I always really liked that first game. I played a handful of the other games, but I really liked that first one. Him doing the splits in the hallway while someone walked underneath and you shoot out a light excuse me, shootout a light and then you just take the guy out. That's a good time. Want to do more of that. So looking forward to it and if they can make it feel like a modern game again, I think this is one that can do excellent for them. But we have to wait and see next one here. This has been going around this past week, but since we're on this topic of remix and the kinds of remix that people want, I figured I bring this one up. God of War Remastered collection. It has apparently maybe leaked. It makes a lot of sense that the first of all, the franchise is going to be twenty years old here pretty soon. Second, if you looked at some of the data that leaked because of the Insomniac hack, there was information about like how many games or like which games were the most played on the cloud streaming service that they have, and God of the God of War games, the original God of War games were always among the most played, so they know that there's a huge popularity there even before the twenty eighteen ones, which of course there is, but seems like they're the demand might be even higher than we realized and so them like being Okay, let's take those games, remaster them, put them all in maybe one collection, maybe two volume collections, something like that would make a lot of sense. And I think people would be very welcoming of this kind of remaster r because we're talking twenty years We're not talking you know, seven years ago.
Speaker 2: Right absolutely. You know, I've actually I've still never played God of War one through three.
Speaker 1: Those those are really good games. Those are really good games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's got the audience and I yeah, I agree. As soon as it's like the twenty year mark, when you get before the PS three era, I think it's like, those are the games that people actually want to make of. Yeah, great, Yeah, I don't know what else to say. Great, I'm glad if the league is true?
Speaker 1: Yeah, great, exactly what the wait and say? I mean, it makes sense. It feels like an easy one. They do need more stuff, they need more content out. And also, you know, there's a lot of love for God of War right now, because at twenty eighteen of Ragnarok, why not be like, oh, hey, for those of you that didn't play that, here's this, and then for those of you who remember these things, fondly. Here's a chance to play them again. Apparently it would be you know, again, in some form, maybe in one collection, but maybe two. Maybe each game gets released individually, but it would be like the entire Greek saga, which would be one, two, three, the two PSP games, and then Ascension, so six games.
Speaker 2: It makes me wonder what people who only play modern God of War will think of the original games.
Speaker 1: I'll probably think, wow, this one's fun. Not think God War's fun, but boy, the original God of War games are just fun, like that's all they're going for.
Speaker 2: And uh yeah, they're also a different style of action game. Okay, you know there's still like that his Inferno style of action gameplay, but Arcadi style, so which is great. I mean, it's a lot of fun, but it's different. So that's where I'm curious to see what a new audience will think.
Speaker 1: I bet my money would be put on a new audience going back to those without much expectation would be like, oh, this is way funner and way way better than I thought it would be because I thought it would be kind of old. And I go and play this and yeah, it's different and it is just kind of a straight up action game, but it's actually incredibly cinematic. And then in between those cinematic moments, which of course the series was famous for, the combo system is just super solid, and like you know, they had Capcom Street Fighter developers come in and help them get the combo system right from the get go in God of War one, so that, yeah, they just kind of crushed originally.
Speaker 2: Was it the same guy who made Dante's Inferno. Did he help out with this because he basically tailored he was the one who made that system in the first place.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's like the you know, Dante's Inferno goy or you said Dante's Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: That was another action game that came out like that, But I kept on meaning to say.
Speaker 1: Right, Dante's the name of the character from Devilmaycry. It's why it's easy to mix that up. Yeah, so, uh yeah, I think that they wasn't like the Devil May Cry guy, but there was Devil May Cry guys that might have helped out with that. And then it was definitely like some people that had worked on Street Fighter two's combo system, like over time coming in and helping out.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you remember this. There's also the Dante's Infernal game Oh yeah, totally, which was also yeah, which was the same style too, So that's probably what was in my brain.
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure. Yeah. That that famously had e A pay a bunch of weird marketing firms to come out and uh and protest gaming events and be like, oh, you're all going to hell. And it was actually just like a prank protest so they can market their game, and it was really dumb. They also sent checks the game reviewers like be like, oh, are you going to give in to greed one of the seven Deadly Sins? And it's like okay, And then some people are like, some people, I'm gonna burn this check. How dare you? It's like, now you're just giving them free marketing. Uh, okay, dante Sinferno. That's the best act character action game of all time. Everybody, I don't care what you say. All right, let's keep moving here. Xbox games will soon be sold in a new place. From Eddie McCoo at GameSpot that for some reason, this headline makes it sound like it's in the back of a Volkswagen is where they're going to be sold. But now in response to a recent court rule, Microsoft has announced that Xbox fans will soon be able to purchase and play Xbox games directly from the Xbox App on Android. This is something they announced recently, like yesterday, because a court you know it says right here. A judge ruled in the Epic versus Google case this week that Google will be forced to allow rival third party app stores to exist within Google Play. This effort, spearheaded by Epics Tim Sweeney, means Microsoft will sell Xbox games directly to consumers begin November. First, this was a little bit confusing, so Sarah Bond, I think, came out and said, hey, we're going to start doing this, and people are like, wait, is this the mobile app store you were talking about where you're going to start selling like Call of Duty Mobile and Clash of Clans whatever else you have on the Microsoft Store on Google Play. And that's not what they're talking about here, at least not yet. What they're talking about is on the Xbox app on Google Play. They will now sell you Xbox games that you can play on your Xbox or stream through x Cloud on mobile if you want to do it that way. So it's really just like, hey, we no longer would have to pay the thirty percent cut to sell you a game on mobile that you're going to play on your Xbox, So now we feel good about doing that. It's kind of a small thing, but mostly what I want to talk about here, Dave Klein, is Microsoft was ready to go with this, right. They're like, this is like right there the week it was announced by the court that they could do this, so like, hey, in November, we're gonna have this ready to go. Get ready. This feels like this legal strategy, this regulation strategy is of like front and center of Microsoft's minds over there, of like, this is our future. We want to have this stuff everywhere. Do you get that sense when you see this sort of situation happen.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's definitely what they want. Yeah, I don't know how much it's gonna help them, but right who knows. I mean when you're saying, like, honestly, it's kind of confused as you're telling me the story, like they're trying to sell how do you buy games for their Xbox on the Xbox app on a phone? Right, And I'm like, and.
Speaker 1: Then you can just install it remotely, I guess, or again, you could maybe use x cloud to stream it. You know, I still don't know how it works, like to stream games you own on xCloud, and who's gonna use excloud. It's not a very good service.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just like what it just sounds confusing. I don't know. It doesn't like make me think like, oh, this is how I'm gonna buy the games. It's just easy enough to just go to the storefront, yeah, the Xbox to buy an Xbox games.
Speaker 1: So I don't know. Have you ever purchased a digital video game through a like a website or an app before, because I I've maybe done it. Well, you know, I've done a handful of times for the e Shop actually on the Nintendo e Shop, just kind of navigating the website's a little bit faster. So I've done that a couple of times, have you.
Speaker 2: No, If I want a game for my Switch, I go to the switch. If I want a game for PS five, I go to my PS five. If I buy anything on Amazon or somewhere else, that's not the digital storefront of the system itself, I'm buying a physical copy. So yeah, I'd never buy digital copies right way. I mean, that's just me. I'm obviously I'm not indicative of everything, but.
Speaker 1: But I mean, I also just think, like I am, I buy all digital and I like only occasionally do it through like this, these third party things. I mean, but I don't think Microsoft's out there saying like this is the future of buying games. I think it's just like one more way of doing it, and we're going to take advantage of this. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Sean, Yeah, I mean that's fine. I just I just don't see how it's going to help them that much. It's like it just wants to buy something. Yeah, if someone wants to buy something, they're not gonna be like, oh thank god, I can finally do it on the Xbox app right on my phone. I don't know. I just don't think that's the case.
Speaker 1: This is not gonna help them. What what might help them? And again I don't think there's any guarantee that any of this helps them. But what might help them is them thinking that this is step one. And I bring this up every time for listeners, but yeah, this is step one, and eventually, you know, what's the difference between Google Play and the PlayStation store. Why can the Xbox Store on an Android be a place where you could buy Xbox games but not the PlayStation store. And then at that point it's like, we're releasing our games on XP or on PlayStation. You could buy them here and play them on PlayStation and we get all the money and no longer we have to give a thirty percent to Sony to do that. Now. I know that sounds crazy. I think it is probably pretty crazy now, but I do think I continue to think that micros assumes that that is something that they can kind of penagle the world into and regulators into agreeing that that's the right way of doing things. And at that point it's like, okay, yeah, sure they're a third party now, but they get one hundred percent of the money for selling Call of Duty on PlayStation. That's a very different world than what we have right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I seen. I think you talk about it or someone else, And that's definitely to me the most interesting aspect of this for sure, And I think that's where you're getting at the beginning. I don't know what things are going to look like in the future if that happens, because it's also part of the whole reason these consoles work. In a way that's how they make their money by taking that percentage. So when you take that away from them, it kind of destroys their business model. So it'll be interesting to see if that happens. I it might with this new ruling. It's it kind of puts it in more of a race space than it used to be. I also wonder what's gonna do to indie games because for me, and this is selfish because I'm working on one, but it's like, it makes me wonder. Part of the thing that's nice about these systems is they're regulated in a way for putting those games out, so unlike Steam ors, just like everything. But when you take that guardrail away, is it just going to open up the floodgates for just like not that there aren't already a lot of indie games, but even more like just this crazy amount, So yeah, of games that are just total crap that have no work put into them at all.
Speaker 1: Right, And I think clearly that would be a risk that this would run. But I think the the argument that regulators seem interested in is that if there are multiple storefronts available in all of these pieces of hardware, that that would increase competition, and then you, as someone who makes games, could shop your game around to the story that has the best terms and the best revene new share and has the most audience, and you would factor all those things in, and then that would force these different storefronts to be like, Okay, sure, we can no longer charge step thirty percent for every dollar you make. Instead, we are going to have to cut that so that we can keep up with the Joneses, because we can no longer just close off our platform. I don't know if that's I don't know if that's better. I don't know if it is, but it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean I get that argument for sure. Yeah, and definitely in general, I think more competition is always a good thing.
Speaker 1: It's just.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I've necessarily been against the gate system that these systems use, like I think it helps regulate some of the trash sometimes. Sure, it's like when Nintendo put their solo quality thing for the NES back in the day because of what happened with the tari. Yeah, I mean sometimes you can overdo it, of course. But yes, it's an interesting like back and forth, as you're saying, because there is the market factor, theative factor, where I mean again, as you're saying, if you're an indie developer, any developer, so you don't want to pay thirty percent just to put your game out on the market. That's a huge mar margin yep, for that you're just paying. They can't pay your employees if you're a small team or things like that. So I don't know, it's just it's interesting. So yeah, that will be the most interesting aspect of this ruling. Absolutely, I think the.
Speaker 1: Well well, as much as regulators love to hear that like, Okay, we can get more competition in these places and that we think that'll be more fair, it's like, I don't know, look at examples where there is no barrier to that that utopia that you're imagining, like thely open platform or the PC, and you know, Steam still gets away with charging thirty percent to most people, most developers, and you can anyone can install any store they want on a PC and it's not really helping things all that much. So it's like, does the argument go so far as Steam on an open platform has to begin letting other stores into its store on an open platform, Maybe regulators go that far, and it could be that crazy, But I don't know. I it feels like for as much as like we understand the way all this stuff works, for as much as like, you know, we kind of want certain things to be a certain way. Regulation could come in and take a wrecking ball to a lot of that and reshape the stuff in a way that's like very hard to imagine how it would actually actually work. And I think in the meantime, I get the sense Microsoft is waiting in the wings, trying to be like the one that can hop first and take advantage of it the most, and that's what buying all this content has really been about this entire time. But we'll see.
Speaker 2: It'd be an interesting strategy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's an interesting strategy. Is it the one? Is it the one that I want them to do?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I want to make good games that I want to play. I think that would be the best strategy.
Speaker 2: But that's the best strategy for all of us.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly. All right, We're gonna take a quick break when we come back right after this. A lot more to talk about, including really powerful sales of Metaphor refn Tasio on day one, and what's up with Disco Elysium's developers, Right after this. All right, we're right back into it here we go. Metaphor Refundasio sales past one million mark after day one. This is from Jamie Tugayev at Duel Shockers. One day is all it takes for a legend to be born. Sega announced Metaphor Refundasio broke the one million copies mark within the first day. To put this meteor grise in perspective, Atlas's previous fastest seller was Persona three Reload, which took a week to hit similar numbers. Meanwhile, as of this morning, Steam charts show players at a peak past fifty two thousand and rising. That's fifty two thousand concurrent players all playing at the same time. This puts Metaphor Refundasio as the twenty third most played game right now. Sandwich between Boulderskate three at around fifty thousand and Team Fortress two at around fifty five or fifty six thousand. These numbers are far from complete. Metaphor Refuntasio is also available on PlayStation four and five and Xbox Series X and S. Unlike Valve, neither Sony nor Microsoft make their players or sales numbers public on demand. Yeah that's hey, people seem to be into this game and they want it real bad, being the fastest selling Atlas RPG. Apparently, that's not necessarily what I was expecting. I thought it would take a little bit more of a slow burn of people be like, oh, this is as good or as as desirable as the Persona games. I will show up for this in week two. But nope. It seems like word of mouth has spread. Those reviews obviously helped, and people are jumping aboard right away. Huh.
Speaker 2: Some one of those things that makes me really excited. It's similar to From Software, where anytime from Software releases a new IP, it seems to do better and better, and it's like part of the marketing with Metaphor was, hey, this is the same team that made Persona five, and that's what hooked me. And I'm glad that. I'm glad to see a new IP, even if it's an old team doing so well, because that's what I want ultimately, and I think that's the best for everybody, is when new ips can get made and these steps can get truly creative. So it's super exciting to see. And I'm one of those people I'd almost never pre order a game, but I want a metaphor right away, and unlike you, I'm a physical copy guy. So I ordered mine a few days ago just because I want to play it as I hope it comes in today, and it looks like it's going to So I was like, you know, it's one of those teams I trust, like from software. I just I trust it's going to be good. It seems like other people do and it's exciting.
Speaker 1: It's great. Yep, yeah, it's you know, and when you have a game that's in the nineties on Metacritic, that's going to help all that stuff sort of congeal together where it's like, Okay, we know the developer, this is a fantasy RPG that looks fun. Can I you know, should I really begin as excited about this as as as I have been? Should I really be pre ordering? And then you see those metacritics scores come in and it's like, okay, yeah, I feel good about this. Let's just roll. And then that also is going to make a bunch of people jump aboard and get on Steam as soon as they see it and stuff like that. So yeah, very very good for the developers over there and them being able to prove it's like, no, we can move this beyond Persona. It does feel like, oh, this is the team that has kind of taken the torch of that entire JRPG genre, and this is where people are looking now, instead of even like Square Nix, where it's like, at one point, you know, Square Innix is going to have Final Fantasy and then they put out a Corona trigger and everyone's gonna pay attention, and it's like, we're a long way away from that in this moment. I think. You know, that's not to say Square Enix can't also be having can't have games that get a lot of people excited for the next one, but it's like, in this moment, it feels like they have somewhat abandoned those the fundamentals there that made all that stuff work in the first place, and Atlas has full embraced those fundamentals, you know, like turn based combat, and they're reaping the reward.
Speaker 2: I feel like somewhere along the line, Scory Knicks kind of lost touch with maybe a stylistic thing that made those games click for so many people. Maybe they went too hard and I don't know if it was the Dark Fantasy route, I remember there's that like Final Fantasy zero game that came out. It's like a precursor game that just didn't. I don't know, just look like I'm trying to be hard. We're trying to be hard as opposed to a like true Final Fantasy game. But I'm a big Rebirth fan. I thought that was just amazing. So this is definitely a year that j RPG fans are eating well. And yeah, I Alice is doing great metaphor. It's just you know something I wonder, Actually, I don't know if you have this the data for this. We're talking about the metacritics scores and how amazing they are. I wonder how how much sales jumped once those scores starting to come out. Yep, just makes it. I don't know if that data is out there. It makes me wonder how many people pre ordered before it and then how many people saw those scores and were like, oh, yes, this is good enough for me to pre order.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I wonder if it's like possible to measure that on Steam dB. Maybe maybe that's possible, but I think we would both probably guess that it did jump significantly, like when you get a game of the Year contender level of reviews. People are going to take notice, and it just you know, you know, we always talking about on the show how every purchasing purchasing decision is a conversation with yourself and you try to like convince yourself to do something. Once you get that much momentum in the favor of, hey, this might be worth that money, easily, it becomes that much easier to actually pull the trigger on buying the things. So yeah, and now it's like, okay, wide release. We're gonna hear everybody talking about it here pretty soon and see kind of what the you know, what the initial reaction is, there's any backlash, that's always a fun time to do, a fun thing to do with these games as well. But I imagine most people are going to be pretty happy with this, as even the people my circles were like early on, I didn't I don't know if it clicked with me. Many people did click with them right away, so I don't know if it clicked me, Like now it has after thirty.
Speaker 2: Hours, So only to thirty hours, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Come on, who doesn't have that much time? All right? Next up, two Disco Elysium spinoff studios have been announced on the same day. This is from Chris Scully and at VGC. Two new studios co founded by former Disco Elysium developers have been announced on the same day. On Friday morning, around twelve, former zah Oom staff announced the creation of Long Do Games, a studio said to be working on a spiritual successor to the acclaimed RPG. At the same time, another UK based studio, Dark Math Games, was announced, with around twenty former disco Elysium staff said to be on board creating their own detective RPG named Triple X night Shift. Longdew Games will also include developers who previously worked at Rockstar, Bungie and Brave at Night and says it aims to create games that resonate emotionally and intellectually, and that it's here to build a reputation of consistently delivering quality with a focus on depth and narrative integrity. Its first game is being billed as a spiritual successor to Disco Elysium, and Longdu says it explores the delicate interplay between the conscious and subconscious, the scene, and the unseen. The game is described as a psychogeographic RPG with a unique mechanic where every decision reshapes both the world and the characters that inhabit it. Meanwhile, Dark Maths, a triple Dark Maths Triple X Nightshift, claims to deliver a deep single player role playing experience with many tools and layers of gameplay, plus a unique companion dynamic which adds more fun and offers different paths to solve cases. The innovative and powerful roleplaying systems, respect your time and trust your intelligence With seismic choices, it says up to you to decide how your story unfolds and how it ends. Yeah, so this is from the the aftermath, the sort of blast radius of what happened with za Um, which I don't know if that's how you say it that so I'm gonna say it for now, where that there was a lot of controversy at that studio, so the ownership kind of tried to take things over, tried to make a sequel, maybe try to push out some of the people who were key to making the game. It sounds like there was some drama involved the people making the game, but there was a lot of people that weren't that had nothing to do with either side of these things. Sounds like a lot of them have left to go do these kinds of games elsewhere, and I welcome that. I think that would be awesome to see more games of that style because there's not a lot of disco Elysiums out there. And even as someone who prefers the dewey games over the talkie games, I have really appreciated disco Elysium. It's a game I'm like slowly playing over time. I played some this summer. I was kept like my game going, and then you know, fell off because some other games came out. But it's right there on my Steam deck waiting for me to get back into it, and I'm looking forward to doing exactly that. Uh yeah, I think this is exciting. What do you? How about you?
Speaker 2: I think I think it's cool. So if I recall, wasn't it didn't come out that the creative director was kind of a asshole to work?
Speaker 1: Yes? Right right? There was some issues with the people like response for the game, and definitely some issues with the ownership ownership, yes right, and just sounds like they were kind of pricks to each other and everybody else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like I'm excited about because I'm one of the very few people who did not like disco Leasium very much. I didn't like the writing. I found it to be pretentious. That's just if you like it, that's great.
Speaker 1: I just definitely a little pretentious without a doubt.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, so I like it. It made me not enjoy it, and that's cool. I know everyone loves it. I'm in the minority. But that's part of why I like this story so much is because I like the mechanics of it, and I feel like a lot of that writing that I just comes from. It feels like after I found out about the creator, I was like, oh, yeah, that kind of makes sense where that story came from. So I'm excited to see what the other team's story is because I do like the game otherwise. So yeah, and that's just me. That's very personal to me. I'm sure some people will feel like that that's what made them love the game so much.
Speaker 1: Is that. What I like about it is it is pretentious, and then it knows it's pretentious, and that there's always more to every single thing that the game is saying that that deconstructs it and criticizes that pretentious position as well. It is fully self aware and it's its own thissc critic in a lot of ways. So I appreciated that side of things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's cool. So, like, I'm not faulting anybody for liking it. It's just for me. I guess it rubbed me the wrong way.
Speaker 1: Sure, but I mean I definitely no. I know, Dan Record, whenever you what was watching people play would have a similar action of like, oh my god, who cares about any of this is sew up its own ass and you kind of what can you do if you have that reaction?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So, and I finished the game. I fully played it. I fully finished it. But hey, I'm I think anytime more people have a chance to be creative and get spotlight for it, that's also cool. So I'm glad that they're getting away, they're getting some attention, and especially it sounds like an extremely toxic workplace from all ends between the ownership, between the creative director and all that. I'm glad. I'm glad they spun off ano they're doing their own thing. So that's great, super good for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you're right, I think there's a chance to reset the vibes of the game and come in with a different angle because you know, a detective game. Yeah, keep it a detective game. That's fine. I think you if you can change the sort of the preconceived ideas of what the characters are, you can have a completely different feeling when playing it. And I would be excited to see how that could be executed. So we'll see.
Speaker 2: You're describing by the quotes what were described. Sounds cool to me. You like, I'm in that sounds great.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, it sounds promising if you people were wasn't Weren't they making a Disco Elysium sequel at Zaoom with the remaining people. Apparently that got canceled, along with a bunch of other stuff, so it doesn't sound like they're doing much of anything over there. I don't know. Meanwhile, the Rise of the Golden Idol is coming out ridiculously soon. This is from Maddy Myers at Polygon. Watch out other video games because there's a new Game of the Year contender in town. At least for my personal taste, that is, the Case of the Golden Idol was my favorite game of twenty twenty two. It's a short, haunting, supernatural myster game made up of individual chapters that each felt super satisfying to solve it's seql. The Rise of the Golden Idol is apparently coming out on November twelfth. It's coming to a bunch of platforms, including on mobile via Netflix. The announcement trailer also list pcvia Steam, PlayStation four and five, Xbox, and Nintendo Switch. You have a month to catch up on the original game, which is plenty of time given that it isn't long, six to eight hours depending on how fast you are solving mysteries. It is, however, a game you will think about forever afterward in which you could scrub from your memory and play a game because it's so creepy and cool. Yeah. And then they go and describe how that the game works, which is like, you know, it's a scenes are set up. There's a bunch of uh information in these scenes that they're like still see static scenes, and you need to use logic to piece together the words that go into certain sentences to explain who did the crime, why and where that sort of thing. Uh. And it is a really really excellent game. It's one of it's one of these games I put in the genre Dave of you mostly play in your head instead of the mechanics existing within the code of the game. And I love that sort of thing, and this is what maybe the best example of that, you know, kind of up there with uh, the what's the Ship game where you have the time most Well, that is a great game, Oberden, Yes, yeah, Oberden, Yeah, this is also a great game.
Speaker 2: I'm glad when I saw that you put this in this story, I was like, kind of figured I was gonna ask if you played it, and then I realized, to talk about Golden Idol, you must have played it, because it's not I don't think it's a very big title, but it is excellent too, so I agree with you. Game is fantastic. Yeah, I'm super excited there's a new one, and I hope more people play it. I don't know if the original one sold very well. I guess it's sold enough to make a sequel, but I think.
Speaker 1: I think I found a pretty big audience because it was one of those word of mouth games that really did. It. Was like on every podcast was talking about it. That sort of game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wanted to play it when I first saw it, but I'm more of I'm not a big PC guy, so I kind of I waited, and when it finally came to switch, that's when I got it, which is kind of buggy on the switch, So I actually there's a game.
Speaker 1: It's a little bit buggy, So that's just what the game was. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I haven't been able to play the last scenario because it bugged out on me, but otherwise for a while I did it. Yeah, I can only use one word that's not helpful. But it is such a good game, and you described it the perfect way. It's one of the few games that really makes you feel like a detective. Obradn does that. As you mentioned, like there's detective games like what we were just talking about with this Goelesium and what sounds like they want to make where it's more a story based detective game an Ace Attorney. You do a bit of detective work, but it's really more just like a point and click type of thing. This is a game that really makes you feel clever when you figure it out. It really makes you feel like you are doing the leg work. And I appreciate it for doing that because I feel like detective is a hard genre to pull off, and it does, and it's just it has a fun, supernatural story. Every scenario that you go into, as they're all laid out scenarios, they all feel unique and interesting and when you click on the picture, so you're just exciting to be like, what's the next scenario going to be? What happened? It really draws you in so super exciting.
Speaker 1: Yep, I'm looking forward to this November twelfth. I didn't finish the DLC for a Case of the Golden Idol, so I'm gonna do that while I wait for November twelfth to come along and the release of Rise of the Golden Idol. All right, let's get through these last handful of stories here. Three more tomb Raider games are getting remasters in twenty twenty five, including one of the most divisive ones. This is from Ethan Gotcha at Kotaku. Following a year after the tomb Rader one through three remaster collection, three additional Lara Croft games are getting updated with visual upgrades and new features. Tumb Rader four through six remastered arrives in February twenty twenty five for thirty dollars the collection. The collection consists of nineteen ninety nine s tomb Rader, the last revelation for the original PlayStation two thousand's tomb Raider Chronicles and two thousand and threes turm Rader The Angel of Darkness for the PS two three Mastered versions will be on PS five, PS four, Xbox Series X and S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC and include a range of improvements like the ability to toggle between classic and modern graphics on the fly, the option of modern controls or the original tank style movement, photo mode with poses, quality of life features like boss health bars, trophies, and achievements on the relevant platforms. You know the tomb Raider games. I never loved the tomb Raider games stave. I thought the originals were interesting, like the very originals. Definitely, by the time four, five and six were coming out, I had lost interest. And then I do remember Angel of Darkness being kind of a problem. In fact, they have a quote here from some schmoke called Great Cassavin who was writing for a website, who said, the actual gameplay of tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness often isn't fun at all, but instead can be frustrating, difficult, and tedious. Apparently that game also had a lot of like missing content and things like that, so you know, Hey, that doesn't mean it shouldn't be remastered. Still an interesting thing to do, and maybe there's a chance they could make stuff better when they have an opportunity like this. But I don't know. How do you feel about tum Raider. You think four, five, six are going to be worth going through?
Speaker 2: Well, grub, you are in good company. I was never a big man of tomb Raider either. I rented the first one, I just never clicked with me, so I never played any any of the other ones until the the reimagining one came out, which I loved. I loved the Unguarded tomb Raider. But you know, I think the thing I think is the best though about this remaster, even though I'm not a big Turm Raider guy, is I think it's cool they're lene you choose between tank controls or not, because I think that's fun to be able to choose the original wave was intended to be.
Speaker 1: Controls are fun. Still, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's bad. I think they get a bad rep I don't think they're as bad as people make them out to be, so, especially for Survival Horror, I tried playing the Resident Devial remake without tank controls, and I was like, this just does not work.
Speaker 1: No, no, yeah with the you know, the cameras and everything. No, you want tank control. So that's the reason they did tank controls for those games. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean tom Raiders a little different because it's a platform game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but also it's a platform game with its tile based so you're moving one tile at a time when you press forward, So it still makes sense to me in some ways.
Speaker 2: It's like the Croc remake is also maintaining their tank controls, which is cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just never, I don't know, never clicked with me. But I'm glad that two Murder fans are getting it. The theme song's right, Yeah, sure, happy to hear remaster the things song yep.
Speaker 1: Steam deck is launching in Australia this November. Let's see here, there's a price here, the Verge report of the original LCD model with the two hundred and fifty six gigabytes of storage, we'll set consumers back six hundred and forty nine Australian dollars, which is equivalent to about four hundred and thirty seven American Valve will also release the Steam Decks O lead model and two versions for five hundred and twelve gigabytes, you'll be paying nine hundred dollars Australian and the one terabyte option will go for one fifty dollars Australian. That's equivalent about seven hundred and six Dollarsustralian yet, so then that's colvin to about seven hundred and six dollars American, which is about how much that cost. I think it's maybe a little bit more expensive. I think it's maybe six fifty here in the United States. So the exact release date of the device in the country has not been shared at this time, but you know, November, sometime in November. So congratulations Australia, you're finally getting it after the original shipped in February of twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: So I didn't know they didn't have it yet.
Speaker 1: Yep, they've been because the only place you could buy it is is Steam, right, the only place you can get a steam deck is through Steam itself. And it's not like there's retailers in Australia importing them and valves just like we're not going to be shipping them to Australia yet. Just you know, hang tight, and finally they are going to get.
Speaker 2: It every few months. I like, I want to steam Deck because I love indie games. All the best indie games come to Steam before anywhere else, and then I never get it just because the four under fifty dollars price tag. I'm like, uh, it's kind of steep, though, Yeah, it's worth it. I mean, that's why I play so many I mean, that's why I play so many indie games on Switch, just because I love playing a handheld like that, and I know I would play the hell out of a steam Deck if I got it. So yeah, hey, I'm glad for Australia though, good for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm with Dan Fiasco in chatz is Bury me with my old led Steam Deck. That's I love that thing. Just use it all the time, constantly. Every time I look at it makes me happy. It's a great way to play games, and the battery life is really good on it, especially for indie games. I turned down the TVP the total draw power on a steam Deck for UFO fifty down to five watts, and the things like yeah, yeah you can play this for twelve hours, You're good, like hell, yeah, let's go all right, Nintendo asks Switch Online play Test Program participants to quote, not discuss or disclose content. This is from Liam Dulan at Nintendo Life. Basically, Nintendo said, as part of like their their thing here and as a reminder, Nintendo's running some weird tests. We don't know what it is the mystery. People had to sign up for it. Yesterday. I signed up, I got selected. A lot of people signed up weren't selected. Apparently it was like ten excuse me, ten thousand people. They already closed it, but they said, come back on October twentieth. We'll give you a download code for a two point two gigabyte app on the Nintendo Switch Online service that you'll download separately, and then you can use it on October twenty first, and they again, they still haven't told us what it is, but they have some requests here and it is a request. People are kind of incorrectly saying that this was an NDA. This is not what NDAs sound like people, So let's read the quote here. We request that you do not discuss or disclose content from either the Nintendo Switch Online play Test program, test software, or website with others. If you know, request is not the word that it gets put in a in an NDA, what like even like those soft ndias where it's like, just by doing this you agree, they'll say you agree not to disclose under any circumstance. Blah blah blah. It's much more rigid. This is them just kind of doing a please don't and uh there does seem like they're any force of law. Now it is Nintendo, So maybe don't take your chances. Maybe maybe don't risk it. At least I'm telling you not to risk it. Don't don't blame me if something happens with you. But hey, uh what, I just keep bringing this up, Dave, because I'm curious what people think. It is no idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's not like a switch to thing otherwise, I mean you need the console for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's a future that could easily transfer over to the switch to. But yes, something that's gonna work on switch one right now.
Speaker 2: It could be I while we were talking about, just thinking like racking my brain what could it possibly be? But it's like trying to guess the alarmo right, Yes, it's like who would have ever guessed that was a thing. I'm excited for you, though. They get to find out before all of us. I no clue. And I'm sure somebody is going to break it because uh, somebody's gonna want the attention.
Speaker 1: But oh sure, without a doubt.
Speaker 2: Especially if there's not illegally binding NDA. Yeah, but man, that's like maybe it's a fitness app. I don't know. Yeah, it's like if it's if it's an app on your phone.
Speaker 1: Man, I don't know, but it's it's not an app. No, it's an app you download on the switch. So it's right, right, it's I mean, so it's gabytes And they do that one of the others, some of the other tibits where they request that you use it in TV mode, that you should use it in TV mode with a wired connection. So people are thinking maybe it's a cloud streaming thing, and and some of the rumors have been GameCube cloud streaming streaming game Cube games. Yeah, maybe I would.
Speaker 2: Matter for the Why would that matter for the TV part though?
Speaker 1: For ease because then because that's when you can have it wired. You can't have it wired and handheld excuse me, and handheld mode at least not easily. But I mean they won't like have it wired, so you have the best connection possible, I guess. I mean, I don't know. You're right, so what might actually be the relevant thing here? None of that might matter for what this thing ends up being, which could be more disappointed than anything we're imagining.
Speaker 2: So uh yeah, yep, it's just like Mario saying it's a me every so often on your.
Speaker 1: Right, it's a it's an Mario. They got the Milo tech from Microsoft, and now it's ma Mario instead.
Speaker 2: I wish I could have some more fun guesses for you, but I've got no clue.
Speaker 1: I mean, but you're right though, because it is exactly like trying to guess Alarmo. It's like, who could possibly think what Nintenda's going to do next? And why are they keeping in such a mystery? Uh? I guess there's a chance that they announced what this is between now and when the test happens, so that they can control the messaging.
Speaker 2: But then why they're just masters of marketing. We're talking about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then why keep it a secret? I don't know why or why I ask people to keep it a secret.
Speaker 2: Everyone's going to want to know what's the secret? What is it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You're okay, compare that's actually not a bad point, but I always think, like, is Nintendo that clever? I just think they just sort of stumble into these things sometimes. So who knows?
Speaker 2: All?
Speaker 1: Right? Poll question? I got the results from yesterday's poll right here, I have to vote. So it was Nintendo's testing a mystery switch online feature. What is it? The options were a remote play together, social platform, achievements, cloud streaming, family library sharing. You probably should have put a who knows something else, but I'm gonna I'll just click on cloud streaming, and twenty seven percent also said cloud streaming, but that was not number one. Number one was achievements at thirty percent.
Speaker 2: My two point two gigabytes for achievements.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm a separate app for that. You're right, I fully agree. I think that is people saying that's what they want, which guess gotta get over that. Seventeen percent say it's a social platform, fifteen percent say it's remote play together, like that thing where you can have a game that only has local remote play or local play you can just have your friend come in over the cloud with a direct connection to your console. Sure, maybe, And then ten percent say it's a family library sharing system, which is maybe the thing I want the most, That's what I want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they would have selected people differently for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this random ten thousand of people like that. You don't know what it is. You're all just hopping in there. You're right, it's definitely not family remote. Why would you need a two point two gigabyte app for that as well? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that too. Yeah, I mean cloud streaming does seem like the most likely I.
Speaker 1: Agree with you on based on the information we have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, based on the information. But I mean again, it could be an alarmo.
Speaker 1: So it could be an alarmo. All right, we have a new poll question coming out here in a second. Before we do that, though, Dave Klin, why don't you tell people where they can find you on the internet what you have going on? All that good stuff?
Speaker 2: Sure. I work for game Spot as a senior producer, starting a new show with Giant Bomb next week, I think, or in two weeks, which well, I guess we'll reveal when we do it. And I'm excited about that new show coming out for game Spot called speed Break, which is about how speed runners break games in order to get their high scores. That I'm more on as well. YouTube channel I haven't posted content on in two years called day Control, and I'm working on a game in my free time, been working on for two years. Hopefully I can announce it in a year and it'll be done in five years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the indie game cycle. Hell yeah, let's go, Dave, thank you for doing all this. Newpoll question, do you think the splinter Cell remake ever comes out? Yes?
Speaker 2: Or no?
Speaker 1: What do you think? You think we got a splinter Cell? Just what do you think in this moment? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think so too. But we'll see what people say. We'll get results for this and discuss it on Game Mes Mornings here on Giant Bomb on Monday, speaking a Giant Bomb today, there's still more stuff happening. In fact, I need to wrap the show up because they need to start BCR right now to talk about Metaphor Refan Tasio Jan for his birthday apparently put together an all star crew talk about it. People who have beaten the game. People are pretty deep into it. And then also Sean, who I think is like twenty five hours into it's not it's still respectable, but it's like man, when it comes to this game that he might get spoiled, so heavily spoiled. Yeah, we'll see. We'll see how that works out for him. But they're gonna have conversations if you're worried about spoilers. Obviously, the game just came out. I think they'll probably start with a few like with no spoilers, and then that stuffould be safe at the end. I don't know how they're doing it. You should just listen to the show. Uh. And then also we are doing a like Club today. Blake Club is back, new season of Blake Colb.
Speaker 2: Oh. Yeah, I'm excited to see what Lucy has to play.
Speaker 1: Lucy James is our victim this time, and you will just.
Speaker 2: People knew that, people.
Speaker 1: Have known that that what they don't know is what she's playing. She doesn't know what she's playing, and she's gonna find out after she gets dressed up and her outfit for the show, which you're not gonna want to miss. It's gonna be a good time, all right, let's see here. Anything else that we should talk about. Yeah, next week will be fun. I think we're off next Monday, though everybody I think it's Indigenous People's Day. I think so. But I'm not good at remember that that sort of thing, so maybe.
Speaker 2: That is invisionous People's Day. I have no idea what Giant Bomb schedule is.
Speaker 1: Tho, yes, I think we're off next Monday. I'm all right with all that said, Dave Clink, thank you so much for hanging out with me today and talking about video games. Man, I really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thanks so much for having me on. It was a blast.
Speaker 1: Of course, absolutely, we'll make it happen more often. Thank you all for watching and listening. You are the best audience in gaming. Until next time, have a good one, take care of yourself and goodbye.