Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Quiz Quiz Bang Bang, the pub quiz practicer that hits you pal right in the quizzer. I'm Anny Flora, I'm David Flora, and we're here to teach you more about trivia than there are videos of dogs going to home depot and being scared by Halloween decorations. My favorite part about Halloween now is dogs and costumes now all time. But I just feel like, I don't know, the last ten years, the costumes for dogs have really up their game. Yeah, one of the best ones being the Chucky costume for them. Good times.
Speaker 2: You know what else is a good time? What getting a new Patriot? Oh, thank you to kN Kentucky, Amy, Kentucky Amy, Thank you. Amy became a patron and is helping represent the old Bluegrass. So welcome Amy, Thank you and everybody else. Don't forget that. We have a Zoom Trivia on November first, Saturday noon, Mountain time. If you need the link, let us know. It's a super casual, fun time, no stakes, just a fun hangout with great people. Agreed, and we're there too. That'll be that for now. Here's this for later, which is soon. This is how t works. Whiz Quiz Bang Bang's format. It's four rounds of four questions each followed by the answers. After round two, we'll ask a quick fire bang Bang question where you'll have a time limit to give multiple answers. After the fourth round, the show culminated with the Big Bang, a final round with three questions, whose answers are all clues to one final question? Round one. Question one, the category is geography. Which Great Lake shares its name with a Canadian province? Question two Category Television. This one comes from listener Major Data. Thank you Major, Thank you Major. If you add an S to something that is sent three hundred and fifty billion times per day, you get the last name of what creator and director of the show, mister Robot. Question three Category mythology. In the Legend of King Arthur, which of Arthur's Knights accepts a challenge from the Green Knight? Question four Category Animals? What is unique physically about Manx cats and now they? Answers to round one? Question one? Which Great Lake shares its name with a Canadian province? Ontario? Question two, if you add an S to something that's sent three hundred and fifty billion times per day, you get the last name of what creator and director of the show, mister Robot an email? His name is sam esmail es m Ai l call me smail. Question three and the Legend of King Arthur. Which of Arthur's Knights accepts a challenge from the Green Knight Gawayne? Question four? What is unique physically about Manx cats? They have stubby tails or note hells? It all just little loafs with butts.
Speaker 1: Round two. Question five. The category is transportation. What is the longest passenger railway train in the world? Question six. The category is geography. This question comes from listener Bobby. Thank you Bobby, Bobby. Which state has the shortest coastline? Question seven? The category is literature. Ukeetsu, the mysterious Japanese author and YouTube star, has had two popular books released that start with the word strange name both of them. You'll get five points for each right answer. Question eight. Category is music and television. What Canadian band composed The History of Everything? Also known as the theme song for The Big Bang Theory? And Now? The answer is to round two? Question five? What is the longest passenger railway train in the world trans Siberian? Question six? Which state has the shortest coastline New Hampshire. It has one hundred and thirty one miles or two hundred and eleven kilometers of coastline versus Alaska, which has thirty three thousand, nine hundred and four miles or fifty four thousand, five hundred and sixty three kilometers.
Speaker 2: And that's because it's Old Alaska. New Alaska will only have about three miles worth. What I don't know, Well, New Hampshire's very tiny. It's like squeezing right in next to Massachusetts.
Speaker 1: I think question seven. Ukeetsu, the mysterious Japanese author and YouTube star, has had two popular books released that start with the word strange name, both of them five points each. Well, there's strange pictures and strange houses. Strange Buildings is coming out in twenty twenty six. He's mysterious because all of his YouTube videos he wears is like white masks, you don't see his face, and he uses a voice changer. So it's this high. So it's a woman, No, he's it's a man. But the voice sounds like a woman because of a voice modulator or is it. Well, yeah, I mean I guess it could be a woman. That's he's the or she he or she are they? Is the Banksy of literature? I don't know. Question eight. What Canadian band composed the History of Everything? Also known as the theme song for the Big Bang Theory Bare Naked Ladies.
Speaker 2: That's it for the first half. That means it's time for the Bang Bang Round. The category for this week's Bang Bang Round is film. You'll have thirty seconds to give as many answers as you can to the following, without counting reboots. What are these seven films starring the Chucky Doll? Your time starts.
Speaker 1: Now, and that's time. The seven films starring the Chucky Doll are Child's Play, Child's Play two, Child's Play three, Child's Play four, Just Kidding, Bride of Chucky, Seed of Chucky, Curse of Chucky, and Cult of Chucky. There was a twenty nineteen reboot of Child's Play in Some of the movies star Katherine Hicks, a woman that went to Saint Mary's where my mom went.
Speaker 2: And just to be clear, there is no Chucky four right.
Speaker 1: There is no Chucky far Sorry I was just joking, or Child's Play four, Child's.
Speaker 2: Play Sorry round three? Question nine. The category is food and Drink. Daniel Peter was able to use condensed milk, which was recently created by his friend Henry Nessley, along with a few other ingredients to produce the first solidified version of what. Question ten category theater Which musical that involves the production of a musical version of William Shakespeare's The Taming of the Shrew had a production in two thousand that set the record for most Tony nominations for a musical revival. Question eleven category sports. Who was the first baseball player in Major League Baseball history to record fifty home runs and fifty stolen bases in a season and was unanimously named the twenty twenty four National League MVP. Question twelve category tasty lick. This one comes to us from listener May Thank you, May, thank you.
Speaker 1: May.
Speaker 2: This is a before and after involving a band or musician and a food item. For example, if I said this chocolate confection would have you living on a prayer, the answer would be bon bon jovi. Here we go. This disco queen works hard for the money to get this airy combination of egg whites and sugar that forms the outer layer of a baked Alaska. And now the answers to Round three Question nine. Daniel Peter was able to use condensed milk recently created by his friend Henry Nesley, along with a few other ingredients to produce the first solidified version of what milk Chocolate? Question ten? Which musical that involves the production of a musical version of William Shakespeare's The Taming of the Shrew had a production in two thousand that set the record for most Tony nominations for a musical US view Kiss Me Kate? Question eleven. Who was the first baseball player in MLB history to record fifty home runs and fifty stolen bases in a season and was unanimously named the twenty twenty four National League MVP Shohei Otani. Question twelve. This disco queen works hard for the money to get this airy combination of ek whites and sugar that forms the outer layer of a baked New Alaska smaller. It's a smaller version of the baked you would ask, that's Donna summarang.
Speaker 1: Nice Round four Question thirteen. The category is pop culture? Which model and hostess has become well known for her over the top Halloween costumes, including being a giant Wormona from Shrek and Jessica Rabbit. Question fourteen the category is fashion. What kind of leather is described as a soft, pliable, porous preserved hide of an animal, usually deer, tanned in the same way as deerskin clothing worn by Native Americans. Question fifteen the category is board games. This question comes from Oar Mikes.
Speaker 2: Thanks so are are?
Speaker 1: James Lipton, the host of Inside the Actors Studio, was married to Kadakai Turner Lipton, who was the model for which character on the cover of the board game Clue? Question sixteen. The category is geography. What is the only sea without any coasts? Meaning it has no land boundaries? And now the answer is to round four? Question thirteen? Which model has become well known for her over the top Halloween costumes? One time she was a peacock and had like twelve other people in her costume water Heidi clue, but.
Speaker 2: The most famous is the worm.
Speaker 1: Though, Yeah, that was pretty great. Question fourteen. What kind of leather is described as a soft, pliable, porous preserved hide of an animal buckskin? Question fifteen. James Lipton was married to Kadakai Turner Lipton, who was the model for which character on the coverard of the board game Clue? Well, you had a and three chants of getting it. It was miss Scarlett. That's fun. It's one that they used real people.
Speaker 2: Oh, that cover of the board game, like the sixties version or whatever, is the most perfect casting of characters you'll see in a long time. Yeah, look it up. They got them all right.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Question sixteen. What is the only sea without any coasts, meaning it has no land boundaries? Sargasso Sea. So you might be sitting there or running or I don't know, cooking your dinner. I don't know what you're doing, and wondering how do you not have any land boundaries? As well? The Sargasso Sea in the North Atlantic is bounded by the Gulf Stream on the west, the North Atlantic Current on the north, the Canary Current on the east, and the North Equatorial Current on the south. So there you go.
Speaker 2: That particular area was I think a scary place to traverse when people first started sailing across the Atlantic because it can be an area of very calm, dead sea, and so you tend to get stuck, and a lot of legends of sea monsters out that way.
Speaker 1: Is it near the Bermuda Triangle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sort of not over top of it, I don't think. But it's closer than I originally thought it was. I thought it was up near Greenland, Iceland that area, but it is like most of the Atlantic Ocean to the east of the eastern seaboard of the US doesn't go all the way into the middle. But it's a large area. It's probably the size of the US South. That's it for the regular rounds. That means it's time for the Big Bang Round. The category for this week's Big Bang Round is Literature. We're going to give you three questions, the answers of which are all clues to the final question. Keep in mind the three clue questions may not be from the same category as the last question. Question one, although considered one of the most influential directors who only won one Academy Award for Best Visual Effects for two thousand and one A Space Odyssey.
Speaker 1: Question two. Which English actor has starred in Star Trek generations, Tank Girl and as Doctor Samuel Loomis and Halloween and Halloween two?
Speaker 2: Question three? What word is defined as behavior involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something?
Speaker 1: And Your Big Bang Question again, your category is literature. Which novel was written with twenty one chapters, but when published in the US, the final chapter was omitted by the publisher and the subsequent movie was made on the US version.
Speaker 2: And now the answers to the Big Bang Round. Question one, who only won one Academy Award for Best Visual Effects for two thousand and one A Space Odyssey, Stanley Kubrick.
Speaker 1: Question two? Which English actor has starred in Star Trek Generations, Tank Girl and as doctor Samuel Loomis Malcolm McDowell.
Speaker 2: Question three, What word is to find as behavior involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kills someone or something?
Speaker 1: Violence and Your Big Bang Question. Which novel was written with twenty one chapters, but when published in the US, the final chapter was admitted by the publisher and the subsequent movie was made on the US version. A film that was directed by Stanley Kubrick and starring Malcolm McDowell and known for its ultra violence. It is a Clockwork Orange. I just started reading it because I've never seen the movie, and I didn't really have much interest in the book because it seems like it's really violent and graphic. Yeah, but a friend of mine said, no, I think you'll be okay, Like it's not that tolerable. Yeah, So we'll see. We'll see if we're still be friends at the end of this. But anyway, the intro to the book, the audiobook that I'm listening to, has a message from Anthony Burgess. And first of all, he hates the book. I think that's well known. Oh well, he hates it. He doesn't think it's a very good work that he did. But what happened was he wanted to have twenty one chapters because he thought that that was a significant age of when you become an adult. And he wrote twenty one chapters, and the UK version published the book as is in the US. When he finally got a publisher, the publisher was like, this last chapter stupid. I'll publish this for you, but we're cutting it. And so then when Stanley Kubrick read the book, he read the US version, he didn't know anything about the twenty first chapter, at least I don't think he did. And so his movie is based upon the book with just twenty chapters, because I guess the twenty first chapter is about the character growing and changing and so Anthony. I call him Anthony. We're good friends. He thought the twenty first chapter was important to show that the character grew up in that a lot of the behavior in the book is because of youth and like a misspent youth. Right, But now the American version is just kind of like, haha, the character didn't change at all, Lady Dadi Da. So he extra hates the American version of it. And I don't blame him because he's just like, well, glad, I wrote a book where the character doesn't develop at all. So yeah, I feel bad for him that that was done to him. I've never heard of that in a book before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've not heard of anything quite like that either. I don't think I know that. You know a lot of books that have been adapted into films are kind of you know, they just don't do a good job a lot of times of adapting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I mean, Stephen King famously hates the Shining that Stanley Kruber did. So even a Stanley Krueberg gread the English version. You know, you can still make a movie that's the author might hate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I mean, don't even get me started on the Dark Tower.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine what it'd be like to create something that's wonderful and then see a mediocre movie made of it. I'm sure that that's not pleasant, you know, because I been ouch.
Speaker 2: I was going to say if you if you took them on Lisa and made a sculpture, it wouldn't be the same. Yeah, and that's what you're saying.
Speaker 1: Like, but if you turned it into a lego piece of artwork that you can hang.
Speaker 2: On the word, people should pay to come over and look at it. Maybe get our house gets broken into the lego gets still.
Speaker 1: The legal love love Girl Girl.
Speaker 2: All Right, we've reached it. We've hit the we've hit the point. Hey, be like Kentucky Amy, become a patron at Patreon, p A, t R, e O N dot com, slash quiz Bang. A dollar a month will get you had free episodes. Five dollars a month gets you an extra episode a month. Or say hey to us with a little tip to keep us caffeinated by going to coffee dot com. That's ko dash f i dot com slash quiz bang pod that can really keep us going. And we appreciate y'all for listening.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening.
Speaker 2: This episode of Quiz Quiz, bank Bang I've been doing for.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 2: Look at you, quiz.
Speaker 1: Have you heard about how that challenge works?
Speaker 2: Yes, it's too long to explain.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll just give it a small Okay, snid bit, snid bit, sidbit, no ife, I'm sticking to it. I'm gonna a snid bit. The Green Knight's like, however hard you hit me, I get to hit you that much harder one year and a day from then or something like that, and so Gawayne chops his head off and is like, hah, victorious. And then the Green Knight picks up his head and he's like, see you next year. That's a great start. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's all about the bravery, the courage of returning to have it done and seeing your deal through. It's a very chivalrous tale.